Who is online?
In total there are 19 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 19 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 115 on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 3:20 pm
Latest topics
» servant @ TWO LISTENERS
Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 2 EmptyToday at 8:34 pm by Admin

» Delrifkah: HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY.
Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 2 EmptyToday at 1:43 pm by Admin

» Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).
Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 2 EmptyToday at 1:37 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 2 EmptyToday at 1:30 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 2 EmptyToday at 1:25 pm by Admin

» BREITBART NEWS
Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 2 EmptyToday at 12:55 pm by Admin

» Rep. Ilhan Omar AOC SQUAD must go: READ MORE
Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 2 EmptyToday at 12:50 pm by Admin

» PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP
Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 2 EmptyToday at 12:13 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 2 EmptyToday at 12:08 pm by Admin

» Falling Apart: Joe Biden Delivers: Gaffes, Lies, Awkward Moments
Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 2 EmptyToday at 12:05 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 2 EmptyToday at 11:59 am by Admin

» WORLD ISRAEL NEWS
Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 2 EmptyToday at 10:53 am by Admin

» BESA CENTRE
Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 2 EmptyToday at 10:38 am by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 2 EmptyToday at 10:26 am by Admin

» Daily Disciples
Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 2 EmptyToday at 10:23 am by Admin

» White House Says Osama bin Laden's Son Has Been Killed in US Operation
Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:06 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:00 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:50 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor
Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:44 pm by Admin

» OBAMA AGAIN
Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:23 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Noonday Devotion by Keith

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 2 Empty Re: Noonday Devotion by Keith

Post  Admin on Thu 20 Jan 2011, 3:11 pm

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

It is with much joy, that I welcome you to Noonday. Why Noonday devotion you may ask?

Well we have Devotions for morning and evening, but none for mid day.. well none that I have heard of.

There is another reason and that is because I am different and unique.. in fact there is only one of me.. you will be pleased to hear!!!!!

Some people have even met me.. and they are still getting over it!!!!

Please forward the devotions and please take time to read the featured links

Thanks

Love you all

From your brother in Christ

Keith

Hebrews 1

3 He is the sole expression of the glory of God [the Light-being, the out-raying or radiance of the divine], and He is the perfect imprint and very image of [God's] nature, upholding and maintaining and guiding and propelling the universe by His mighty word of power. When He had by offering Himself accomplished our cleansing of sins and riddance of guilt, He sat down at the right hand of the divine Majesty on high

In this day and age, there is lots of debate on Who Jesus is. The writer of Hebrews, whether it was the Apostle Paul or someone else, knows exactly, who Jesus is and makes this clear, right at the start of this book.

The book of Hebrews has as one it's themes the High priestly status of the Lord and also another theme is that the sacrifice of Calvary was so amazing and beyond our comprehension.

In future days, many will come and say that they are the Christ, but here is this verse, the writer says that Jesus is the sole expression of God's glory. We must never be led astray for people stating they have some revelation from God and that they speak with the same authority of Jesus, thay are teaching a false and fradulent gospel my friends.

I just love what the writer says about Jesus. I truly hate it, when people used the name of Jesus as a cuss word, the one who holds the very universe in His hand.

What Jesus did at Calvary was totally astounding and mind blowing.. amen. The one who holds the whole world in his hands gave up so much and took upon himself the form of a man. You know we are coming up to CHRISTmas. We need to affirm that this is the same Jesus who came as a baby and was born into the world.

We need to tell the world, who He really is... amen

Let us never lose sight of who HE really is.. just as the writer to the Hebrews said He WAS and IS!

God bless you

Keith

Teaching from Victoria Boyson
Stephen's Heart
Other than Jesus, no one else in Scripture illustrates the passion of a person with a kingdom heart more perfectly than Stephen (see Acts 6:5 - 8:1). It doesn't say how old Stephen was, but to me, he is eternally ageless with purity, zeal and passion. When I think of the life of Stephen, I want to cry. He is what I think of when I dream of the church of God in the last days.

Stephen was one of the first men to be chosen as an "elder" in the early church. Out of the seven men chosen, he was said to be the most anointed and godly. Indeed, God used Stephen to start the great scattering of the Gospel. For when he died, his martyrdom started the great persecution of the early church, which sent Christians everywhere to escape (see Acts 8:1-8).
As they spread across the region, they took their faith to all the nations they fled to, and so began the evangelizing of Christianity. But it wasn't just Stephen's death that makes him unique, but how he died.

Stephen was a man full of faith and the Holy Spirit, and through him, the Word of God prospered. When Stephen spoke, you knew God was present, and God performed many miraculous works through him as well.

Although many loved him, he had enemies too. Some men from the synagogue found fault with him and attempted to argue with him. Of course, they could not equal his wisdom or anointing. So, behind his back, they stirred up trouble for him; they hired men to lie about him, saying he cursed God and Moses.

The religious leaders of the day heard the rumors about Stephen and had him brought before the High Council. But, even before the council, he radiated the glorious presence of God.

He delivered one of the most glowing sermons in Scripture about the history of their people. He also spoke of the importance of the temple not made by human hands. He taught that the temple, which many Pharisees seemed to love more than God Himself, was not where God's spirit dwelt, but that He dwelt in the hearts of the people who loved Him. He chastised them for putting the importance of the temple building above the people for whom the temple was created. He called them traitors and murders. He said, "You had God's law handed to you by angels - gift wrapped! - and you squandered it!" (Acts 7:53 The Message Bible).

Through his teaching, Stephen took God out of the hands of the Pharisees and gave Him to the common man. He fought to liberate their minds from the traditions of men and from the power-hungry, vindictive "holy" men and made God accessible to them through Christ.

The crowd, of course, became enraged and began to hiss and curse at Stephen. They dragged him through the town to kill him. Yet, Stephen was so ready to die for the Lord that, as they stoned him, he prayed, "'Master Jesus, take my life.' Then he knelt down, praying loud enough for everyone to hear, 'Master, don't blame them for this sin'" (Acts 7:59 The Message Bible). Those were the last words he uttered.

Stephen was so happy to be doing God's work on this Earth. His life was defined by the kingdom of God, not the kingdoms of this world. He spoke fearlessly with no regard for himself. He refused to cower back when faced with the religious authority of the day. He was filled with love for God and His kingdom. Stephen would deny Christ nothing, not even his own life. He had so let go of this world; he lived only for the next. Now he lives with Christ in eternity rejoicing in every soul he's helped bring into the kingdom. For eternity, he will reap an amazing harvest from the seeds he had sown for the kingdom while he was alive on the Earth.

Can you imagine what his life is like now? How glorious it must be. He will live for all eternity with the Lord, praising Him and spending time with Him. And every time a soul enters eternity, he can rejoice in knowing his death was not wasted, but has helped to bring them to heaven. What an inexpressible, joyous way to spend eternal life!

Glorious Eternity
Sadly, our burden for the lost has dwindled since the early church and other things seem to matter much more to most Christians. But when we reach eternity, it will matter to us very much. Just think of all the preachers, teachers, missionaries and lay people who will wish they could have one more day to share Jesus with the world - one more day to see sorrow turned to joy for a mama whose child was brought to know Christ.

God made us to be connected to each other. And whether we like it or not we need each other. So, in eternity when we embrace the heart of a brother and sister we cherished on Earth, it is like having another piece of our heart restored to us. It will be like having a part of an inheritance given back to us. One soul at a time, we will reap a mighty harvest of all we have sown in faith down here.

Every prayer and every act of kindness on Earth will reap a harvest of treasure in heaven - a treasure of souls. For in eternity, there is no greater treasure presented to God. There's no mansion or throne or crown that can measure the treasure we have in the souls of people coming to join God in eternity. Truly, there's no greater treasure we could give Him or ourselves or the kingdom of heaven.

Just think of it, some grandma is in heaven praying for her grandson on Earth who's lost in homosexuality. Her only hope is the kingdom of God on Earth - that's you my friend. Heaven's hope is in your hands (see Colossians 1:27).
As you reach out in simple ways or great to that lost grandson, you become the answer to her prayers. And your sacrifice brings joy to all heaven. You bring immeasurable joy to God's heart. There is no greater treasure than that. I could live a lifetime reaping that kind of treasure for sure!

As we win our neighbors on Earth to Christ, we make them our neighbors in eternity - our neighbors become our eternal treasures. They are our inheritance from our Father. He says, "Ask of Me, and I will surely give the nations as your inheritance" (Psalm 2:8 NASB).

Our Eternal Goal
My mom spent her short thirty years here on this Earth loving people and preparing me. As mother and daughter, we were exceptionally close - best friends. But I don't think she thought much in terms of preparing me for ministry, she just loved me, and through her love she prepared me for my calling. Her "ministry" to me was foundational and I've tried to not deviate from what she taught me. She died in 1984 when I was sixteen and it's taken me years to fully understand how and why she lived the way she did. But it was there all the time as a seed growing inside of me. She's been in heaven for almost 30 years now and is reaping the treasure from what she's sowed into me on Earth. I pray she will reap a great harvest from all the love she's poured into me - all for God's glory and all for the sake of the Lamb.

Truly, is there any greater goal - any greater purpose than to bring glory to the Lamb? To bring His lost ones back to Him? No. No, indeed!

Your life-long goal could be to spend your entire life making money. The world would love you, fear you, respect you, and even worship you. But what would it matter? It would be pointless to eternity, even worse than pointless - sinful. Yes, I said sinful. I think the Bible calls it the vanities of vanities (life) (see Ecclesiastes 12:8), things that bear no lasting or eternal fruit for His kingdom.

If your ministry were the largest in the history of the world, it would still only be as big (in heaven) as it's effectiveness for God's eternal kingdom. If you were smarter than anyone else in the world, it would not matter to eternity; God does not judge us by the size of our brain, but by our heart.

Indeed, we have to be careful whose kingdom we are spending our time building, God's or ours. The enemy is sneaky, but God is faithful. If we stay close to Him, He will be faithful to keep us on course.
What is life about really? Stephen knew. His eternal goal was to build for tomorrow, not for today. His goal was love - love for the Lamb, for God and for His people. His goal led him to an eternal harvest. Where is yours leading you? Victoria Boyson

Featured Website

Please click the link below to read about this wonderful ministry

http://www.sat7. org/

My Website link

Please read the Poetry page on the site, lots of wonderful poems

http://www.ourchurc h.com/member/ f/faithhopelove/ index.php? p=1_21_Poets- Corner
Admin
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 18 Jan 2011, 2:00 pm

It is with much joy, that I welcome you to Noonday. Why Noonday devotion you may ask?

Well we have Devotions for morning and evening, but none for mid day.. well none that I have heard of.

There is another reason and that is because I am different and unique.. in fact there is only one of me.. you will be pleased to hear!!!!!

Some people have even met me.. and they are still getting over it!!!!

Please forward the devotions and please take time to read the featured links

Thanks

Love you all

From your brother in Christ

Keith

Hebrews 1

3 He is the sole expression of the glory of God [the Light-being, the out-raying or radiance of the divine], and He is the perfect imprint and very image of [God's] nature, upholding and maintaining and guiding and propelling the universe by His mighty word of power. When He had by offering Himself accomplished our cleansing of sins and riddance of guilt, He sat down at the right hand of the divine Majesty on high

In this day and age, there is lots of debate on Who Jesus is. The writer of Hebrews, whether it was the Apostle Paul or someone else, knows exactly, who Jesus is and makes this clear, right at the start of this book.

The book of Hebrews has as one it's themes the High priestly status of the Lord and also another theme is that the sacrifice of Calvary was so amazing and beyond our comprehension.

In future days, many will come and say that they are the Christ, but here is this verse, the writer says that Jesus is the sole expression of God's glory. We must never be led astray for people stating they have some revelation from God and that they speak with the same authority of Jesus, thay are teaching a false and fradulent gospel my friends.

I just love what the writer says about Jesus. I truly hate it, when people used the name of Jesus as a cuss word, the one who holds the very universe in His hand.

What Jesus did at Calvary was totally astounding and mind blowing.. amen. The one who holds the whole world in his hands gave up so much and took upon himself the form of a man. You know we are coming up to CHRISTmas. We need to affirm that this is the same Jesus who came as a baby and was born into the world.

We need to tell the world, who He really is... amen

Let us never lose sight of who HE really is.. just as the writer to the Hebrews said He WAS and IS!

God bless you

Keith

Teaching from Victoria Boyson
Stephen's Heart
Other than Jesus, no one else in Scripture illustrates the passion of a person with a kingdom heart more perfectly than Stephen (see Acts 6:5 - 8:1). It doesn't say how old Stephen was, but to me, he is eternally ageless with purity, zeal and passion. When I think of the life of Stephen, I want to cry. He is what I think of when I dream of the church of God in the last days.
Stephen was one of the first men to be chosen as an "elder" in the early church. Out of the seven men chosen, he was said to be the most anointed and godly. Indeed, God used Stephen to start the great scattering of the Gospel. For when he died, his martyrdom started the great persecution of the early church, which sent Christians everywhere to escape (see Acts 8:1-8).
As they spread across the region, they took their faith to all the nations they fled to, and so began the evangelizing of Christianity. But it wasn't just Stephen's death that makes him unique, but how he died.
Stephen was a man full of faith and the Holy Spirit, and through him, the Word of God prospered. When Stephen spoke, you knew God was present, and God performed many miraculous works through him as well.
Although many loved him, he had enemies too. Some men from the synagogue found fault with him and attempted to argue with him. Of course, they could not equal his wisdom or anointing. So, behind his back, they stirred up trouble for him; they hired men to lie about him, saying he cursed God and Moses.
The religious leaders of the day heard the rumors about Stephen and had him brought before the High Council. But, even before the council, he radiated the glorious presence of God.
He delivered one of the most glowing sermons in Scripture about the history of their people. He also spoke of the importance of the temple not made by human hands. He taught that the temple, which many Pharisees seemed to love more than God Himself, was not where God's spirit dwelt, but that He dwelt in the hearts of the people who loved Him. He chastised them for putting the importance of the temple building above the people for whom the temple was created. He called them traitors and murders. He said, "You had God's law handed to you by angels - gift wrapped! - and you squandered it!" (Acts 7:53 The Message Bible).
Through his teaching, Stephen took God out of the hands of the Pharisees and gave Him to the common man. He fought to liberate their minds from the traditions of men and from the power-hungry, vindictive "holy" men and made God accessible to them through Christ.
The crowd, of course, became enraged and began to hiss and curse at Stephen. They dragged him through the town to kill him. Yet, Stephen was so ready to die for the Lord that, as they stoned him, he prayed, "'Master Jesus, take my life.' Then he knelt down, praying loud enough for everyone to hear, 'Master, don't blame them for this sin'" (Acts 7:59 The Message Bible). Those were the last words he uttered.
Stephen was so happy to be doing God's work on this Earth. His life was defined by the kingdom of God, not the kingdoms of this world. He spoke fearlessly with no regard for himself. He refused to cower back when faced with the religious authority of the day. He was filled with love for God and His kingdom. Stephen would deny Christ nothing, not even his own life. He had so let go of this world; he lived only for the next. Now he lives with Christ in eternity rejoicing in every soul he's helped bring into the kingdom. For eternity, he will reap an amazing harvest from the seeds he had sown for the kingdom while he was alive on the Earth.
Can you imagine what his life is like now? How glorious it must be. He will live for all eternity with the Lord, praising Him and spending time with Him. And every time a soul enters eternity, he can rejoice in knowing his death was not wasted, but has helped to bring them to heaven. What an inexpressible, joyous way to spend eternal life!
Glorious Eternity
Sadly, our burden for the lost has dwindled since the early church and other things seem to matter much more to most Christians. But when we reach eternity, it will matter to us very much. Just think of all the preachers, teachers, missionaries and lay people who will wish they could have one more day to share Jesus with the world - one more day to see sorrow turned to joy for a mama whose child was brought to know Christ.
God made us to be connected to each other. And whether we like it or not we need each other. So, in eternity when we embrace the heart of a brother and sister we cherished on Earth, it is like having another piece of our heart restored to us. It will be like having a part of an inheritance given back to us. One soul at a time, we will reap a mighty harvest of all we have sown in faith down here.
Every prayer and every act of kindness on Earth will reap a harvest of treasure in heaven - a treasure of souls. For in eternity, there is no greater treasure presented to God. There's no mansion or throne or crown that can measure the treasure we have in the souls of people coming to join God in eternity. Truly, there's no greater treasure we could give Him or ourselves or the kingdom of heaven.
Just think of it, some grandma is in heaven praying for her grandson on Earth who's lost in homosexuality. Her only hope is the kingdom of God on Earth - that's you my friend. Heaven's hope is in your hands (see Colossians 1:27).
As you reach out in simple ways or great to that lost grandson, you become the answer to her prayers. And your sacrifice brings joy to all heaven. You bring immeasurable joy to God's heart. There is no greater treasure than that. I could live a lifetime reaping that kind of treasure for sure!
As we win our neighbors on Earth to Christ, we make them our neighbors in eternity - our neighbors become our eternal treasures. They are our inheritance from our Father. He says, "Ask of Me, and I will surely give the nations as your inheritance" (Psalm 2:8 NASB).
Our Eternal Goal
My mom spent her short thirty years here on this Earth loving people and preparing me. As mother and daughter, we were exceptionally close - best friends. But I don't think she thought much in terms of preparing me for ministry, she just loved me, and through her love she prepared me for my calling. Her "ministry" to me was foundational and I've tried to not deviate from what she taught me. She died in 1984 when I was sixteen and it's taken me years to fully understand how and why she lived the way she did. But it was there all the time as a seed growing inside of me. She's been in heaven for almost 30 years now and is reaping the treasure from what she's sowed into me on Earth. I pray she will reap a great harvest from all the love she's poured into me - all for God's glory and all for the sake of the Lamb.
Truly, is there any greater goal - any greater purpose than to bring glory to the Lamb? To bring His lost ones back to Him? No. No, indeed!
Your life-long goal could be to spend your entire life making money. The world would love you, fear you, respect you, and even worship you. But what would it matter? It would be pointless to eternity, even worse than pointless - sinful. Yes, I said sinful. I think the Bible calls it the vanities of vanities (life) (see Ecclesiastes 12:8), things that bear no lasting or eternal fruit for His kingdom.
If your ministry were the largest in the history of the world, it would still only be as big (in heaven) as it's effectiveness for God's eternal kingdom. If you were smarter than anyone else in the world, it would not matter to eternity; God does not judge us by the size of our brain, but by our heart.
Indeed, we have to be careful whose kingdom we are spending our time building, God's or ours. The enemy is sneaky, but God is faithful. If we stay close to Him, He will be faithful to keep us on course.
What is life about really? Stephen knew. His eternal goal was to build for tomorrow, not for today. His goal was love - love for the Lamb, for God and for His people. His goal led him to an eternal harvest. Where is yours leading you? Victoria Boyson

Featured Website

Please click the link below to read about this wonderful ministry

http://www.sat7.org/

My Website link

Please read the Poetry page on the site, lots of wonderful poems

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/index.php?p=1_21_Poets-Corner
---------
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 14 Jan 2011, 2:15 pm

What a privilege and joy it is to share with you once again from the precious and Holy book of books.. the Word of God. Every single word is true and God breathed.. amen.

I believe in the supreme authority of the Word of God.. it is our benchmark, our guide and reading it should thrill us.

Also we have to obey it.. it is a book that needs to be obeyed. Amen

Please share these devotions with all your friends and also click on the featured links at the bottom of these messaages

Thanks

God bless you

Keith

1 Peter 2

24He personally bore our sins in His [own] body on the tree [g][as on an altar and offered Himself on it], that we might die (cease to exist) to sin and live to righteousness. By His wounds you have been healed.
25For you were going astray like [so many] sheep, but now you have come back to the Shepherd and Guardian (the Bishop) of your souls.
What a wonderful verse.. amen

I have been a christian for a long time, and sometimes the joy of my salvation can fade. It is at such times that I need to come back to verses like these and remind myself, that my salvation is totally beyond words and totally above my comprehension.

These verses show some wonderful things

In verse 24, it says that he personally bore our sins in His body. The sacrifice of Jesus, was personal and it was dramatic. Every wrong thought, we have ever thought, every wrong action, we have ever done and every wrong motive, we have ever had, was laid on Him.. The spotless and faultless Lamb of God

To me that is the greatest antidote to a christian sinning. Looking at the cross, how can we can continue to sin?. It is also the greatest motive for living full out for God.. amen. Seeing what Jesus has done for us.. How can we not live totally sold out for Him?

Through the sacrifice of Jesus we have been brought back to God. Jesus has won our salvation, we are restored to God, because of Jesus and the sacrifice of Calvary

The Cross of Calvary puts all our service for God into perspective. We think, we have done great things for Him, but nothing comes close to what Jesus did for us.. Amen

Every act of service needs to come under the spotlight of Calvary. We need to examine our lives in light of Calvary.. Amen

I love what the Amplified says in it's margin.. because of Calvary, we have ceased to exist. Yes that's right, we are no longer our own, we are Under new ownership.. the ownership of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

I hope this blesses you

Keith

Teaching by Connie Giordano
The Scriptures inform us that there are certain things that we are required to do with all of our hearts.
Are we obeying those commands?
Sad but true, many are not giving God the wholehearted service which He so rightfully deserves.
Our hearts have a tendency to wander after a thousand "foreign" things.
The Bible proposes four distinct prayers to offer before the Lord so that we may have hearts that are solely His.

With all of our hearts - that's the kind of service which God requires.

Proverbs 3:5 says - "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart..."

God is the Fountain of all Good. Therefore, we should have a constant regard to His Providence or supernatural ability to provide exactly what we need when we need it. He is All-Wise and All-Powerful. He is "able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think" (Ephesians 3:20). He is wise and good to accomplish that which is best for us. With our whole hearts, we can totally depend on Him - never having any fear, distrust, or doubt as to whether or not He will come through for us.

Matthew 22:37 tells us - "Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind."

What does it mean to "...love the Lord thy God with all thy heart..."?

It means to love Him supremely, strongly, sincerely, singularly, superlatively, exclusively, eagerly, actively, completely - with all of our faculties and powers...more than any other person or thing ...and with as much fervency as possible.

It means that we must be ready and willing to give up anything that we hold dear to us that would stand in the way of our loving Him. Also, we must be willing to endure the greatest sacrifice in order to please Him.
Ephesians 6:6 says - "Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart."

With all of our hearts, we are to render "reasonable service" (Romans 12:2) to God at all times and in every place. We must have a constant regard to His will in all matters. He deserves our cheerful service. He requires a conscientious, submissive, obedient, faithful, and industrious response from us - devoid of any complaining or murmuring.

1 Peter 3:15 admonishes us with these words - "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts..."

What does this entail?

To do so is to esteem Him as One Who is so Holy. Hence, He is One Who can be trusted in and depended on no matter what the circumstances.

He is the Mighty Protector and Only Refuge for His people. They never need to ever dread or fear the threats of men. As long as their hearts are filled with the Fear of the Lord or reverence for His honor, their minds can remain calm even in the midst of the greatest storms, trials, or persecutions. Because He is not fickle or subject to change, they can rely upon His power...trust in His faithfulness...and comply to His wisdom.

"Trust in the Lord" with all of our hearts.
"Love the Lord" with all of our hearts.
"Doing the will of God" with all of our hearts.
"Sanctify the Lord God" with all of our hearts.

These are four commands given to us in the Scriptures. Are we doing what is required of us by God? Are we truly depending upon the Lord and Him only for all that we need?

Do we love Him supremely above all others? Are we willing to sacrifice anything and everything in order to glorify Him? Is every step that we take ordered by the Lord - in keeping with His will for our lives?

Or are we in control - making our own plans and then hoping that He will bless them afterwards? Have we gotten a glimpse of the Holiness of our God - whereby we do not fear any other who may come against us?

So many are not giving God the wholehearted - "acceptable" (Romans 12:2) - service that He deserves.

What could possibly be hindering such "worship" from His people? Why are they not sold-out as they should be?

There are four prayers found in the Scriptures which seem to answer these questions. They indicate what is lacking in the commitments to the Lord's service of so many today.

Psalm 51:10 says - "Create in me a clean heart, O God..."

Many hearts are not pure and clean from the defilement of the world, the flesh, and the devil. Hence, their affections and feelings are not right. However, God, by His creative power and sanctifying grace can produce what does not exist. He and He alone can make a perfect heart - one set apart totally for Himself and His service.

Psalm 119:36 says - "Incline my heart unto Thy testimonies, and not to covetousness."

There is nothing that turns the heart away from God more than an inordinate love for gain or money which the Scripture tells us is "...the root of all evil..." (1 Timothy 6:10). The heart will either be inclined or bent toward His Word and the keeping of it or toward the things of this world and the accumulation of them.

Psalm 86:11 says - "...unite my heart to fear Thy name."

Our hearts are so apt to wander or become divided. They have a tendency to become distracted with a thousand other things. It takes the grace of Almighty God to join the heart and its affections, purposes, and resolutions together so that it will be fixed for Him - firm, faithful, and fervent in serving Him.

2 Thessalonians 3:5 says - "And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God..."

Here is another Scripture which addresses our tendency to set our affections on the wrong objects. Hence, our passions, affections, motives, and principles became very irregular - leading to disobedience, rebellion, and stubbornness. Only the grace of God can direct our hearts so that they will love Him above all others and demonstrate that love with utmost obedience to His commands.

"Create in me a clean heart..."
"Incline my heart unto Thy testimonies, and not to covetousness."
"...unite my heart to fear Thy name."
"And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God..."

Only a pure and obedient heart - free from all other distractions like the love of money or gain - will be able to - "Trust in the Lord," "Love the Lord," "Do the will of God," or "Sanctify the Lord God" with all of the heart.

With all my heart.

Is this your desire today?
Are you giving God wholehearted service or is it halfhearted?

May this message be a gauge to show you exactly where you stand with the Lord.

And may you take hold of the Grace of God to make the necessary changes in your life so that you may render unto Him an "acceptable" service worthy of His name.

Featured website

Please read about the unique ministry of Betel. Please stand with this ministry in prayer and Giving, if the Lord leads

http://betel.org/

My website link

This page has testimonies of how people came to know Christ personally. Please use this page as an evangelism tool

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/index.php?p=1_22_Transformed-Lives
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 22 Dec 2010, 5:49 pm

My Dearly Beloved Friends
I just want to thank each and every one of you, who is reading this, for your love, prayers, support and encouragement during this last year.
May this time of Christmas, be one of joy and blessing to you all.
I just want to share with you, the words that the angels said to the shepherds on that first Christmas.
Luke 2
8 And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night.
9 An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified.
10 But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people.
11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.
12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."
13 Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,
14 "Glory to God in the highest heaven,
and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests."
15 When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, "Let's go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about."

The shepherds were simple men, but they went and did what they were commanded. May you this Christmas, go and see the One that is called Jesus.
If you have already trusted HIM as Saviour, then I pray HE will surround you with HIS love and fill you to overflowing with joy unspeakable and full of Glory
If you haven't trusted Jesus yet, then HIS offer is still open. Please read the first three chapters of the Gospel of John and click on the link Below
http://www.dayspring.com/movies/view.aspmovienamenativityswf&thumbnailbirthofthesavior.jpg&titleBirth%20of%20The%20Savior

God bless you all and Happy Christmas
Keith

Please click these special links I have put for your blessing
I will be coming on to just check e-mail between the 24th Dec-4th Jan 2011. Simply Scripture will resume on the 4th Jan. You will appreciate that even I need a break,
Please Feel free to go onto the site and view the Pages.. there are 12 for your benefit and blessing
http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/

This Christmas, please don't forget our persecuted Brothers and Sisters. Please stand with these dear people in Prayer
http://www.prisoneralert.com/
Special Song
I hope you like this
http://www.youtubecom/watchv=p09woi5xoQo
Special card for you all
http://www.greetingspring.com/ndex.phptarget=cardid=93&start4&categoryid10
--------
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 20 Dec 2010, 4:55 pm

My Dearly Beloved Friends

I just want to thank each and every one of you, who is reading this, for your love, prayers, support and encouragement during this last year.

May this time of Christmas, be one of joy and blessing to you all.

I just want to share with you, the words that the angels said to the shepherds on that first Christmas.

Luke 2

8 And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night.

9 An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified.

10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people.

11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.

12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”

13 Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,

14 “Glory to God in the highest heaven,
and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”

15 When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, “Let’s go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about.”

The shepherds were simple men, but they went and did what they were commanded. May you this Christmas, go and see the One that is called Jesus.

If you have already trusted HIM as Saviour, then I pray HE will surround you with HIS love and fill you to overflowing with joy unspeakable and full of Glory

If you haven't trusted Jesus yet, then HIS offer is still open. Please read the first three chapters of the Gospel of John and click on the link Below
http://www.dayspring.com/movies/view.asp?moviename=nativity.swf&thumbnail=birthofthesavior.jpg&title=Birth%20of%20The%20Savior
God bless you all and Happy Christmas

Keith

Please click these special links I have put for your blessing

I will be coming on to just check e-mail between the 24th Dec-4th Jan 2011. Simply Scripture will resume on the 4th Jan. You will appreciate that even I need a break,

Please Feel free to go onto the site and view the Pages.. there are 12 for your benefit and blessing

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/

This Christmas, please don't forget our persecuted Brothers and Sisters. Please stand with these dear people in Prayer

http://www.prisoneralert.com/

Special Song

I hope you like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p09woi5xoQo

Special card for you all

http://www.greetingspring.com/index.php?target=card&id=93&start=4&categoryid=10
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 17 Dec 2010, 4:10 pm

Welcome to a special Simply Scripture

This is a wonderful time of year.. Amen. But we must never forget the real reason for Christmas and that is the greatest gift ever given.. the gift of Jesus.. who was the Saviour of the world. Although we celebrate his miracle birth at Christmas, it was like no other.. Amen.

Jesus came into the world to die my friends, he came to give Himself as a sacrifice for sin and to pay the price to set us free. Let us remember also that every prophecy regarding His First coming came true and so also will all prophecies that relate to his Second Coming. This time, he will be coming with all the power and glory of heaven. In His First coming, hardly anyone saw Him, but in his Second coming, every eye will see Him and every tongue confess that HE IS LORD

Make sure that you are ready for that Day. Trust him as Saviour

I do hope you will enjoy the following devotion. Please pass on these messages to all your friends and please click on the links at the bottom

God bless you

May you all have a truly blessed Christmas and peaceful new year

Keith

Simply Scripture

Reading Matthew 2:1-13

Fascination

The wise men had studied all about Jesus, they had read the prophets, diligently seeking truths about Him. They were earnest seekers, people who had minds that were open. Are you like the wise men this Christmas? Are you seeking Him? If you are you will truly find Him. Maybe you are searching for the meaning of life, maybe you are asking the question, 'is there more to life than this'.

Well there is, the more is Jesus. He says in John 10:10, that He came to give life and to give it abundantly. Please read the wonderful verses in John 10:1-14

Full of joy vs 10

After all that searching, the wise men have found Jesus, they are totally overjoyed. After many miles and many months of traveling, they had come to the place of true peace, in the presence of the Savior of the world. Maybe you have come a long road and come through so much, that doesn't matter, what matters is that you have come to the place where Jesus can transform your life.

To find Jesus and to know Him as Saviour and Lord is to know Joy overflowing. Let me say that after 35 years of knowing Jesus as Saviour and Lord, he still makes my heart leap for joy, the very thought of Him is so wonderful. He gives lasting joy, a joy that the world cannot replicate.. amen

Faith

What is so good, is that the wise men went in to Jesus, they didn't stay outside. Please go in to Jesus as he wants to receive you. They were important people in their own country, they had prestige, but they fell down and worshiped Jesus, this is the only response one can give to Him. The gifts of the wise men, are likened to our lives, which we give gladly unto our Saviour.

John said in chapter 1 verse 12 of his gospel, that as many as received Him, he gave the power to become the sons of God. Jesus is the gift, but you have got to ask for the gift, if you are sincere, God will give you the greatest gift, Jesus will come by His spirit to live in your heart

Freedom

The Journey home must of been one of delight, these men were not the same men who came to see Jesus, they were different because they had been in His presence. Everyone who comes into the presence of Jesus, is never the same again, He is the one who can transform your life, the only One who can. Be like the wise men and have your lives transformed this Christmas.

Finally

Isa 9:6 For a child has been born--for us! the gift of a son--for us! He'll take over the running of the world. His names will be: Amazing Counselor, Strong God, Eternal Father, Prince of Wholeness

Let me finish with a question? What is Jesus to you this Christmas? Is He the greatest gift you have ever received? He is more than a gift, he is the giver of the gift of Life, true everlasting life, He promises to give you life in abundance. When you trust him as Lord and Savior, he becomes your Counselor, your Friend and your peace.

My friends, what I have shared is far too important to push to one side. Please don't say, that there is another day, another time where I will trust Christ. Peter says in Acts 4, that today is the day of Salvation.. not tomorrow and not next year. It is time to decide my friends

God bless you

Keith

Special Song

Don't be like the people at the first Christmas, who were sleeping when Jesus came. Remember that when He comes again, you will have to acknowledge HIM, whether you like it or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm1F7ub00gk&feature=related

Special Link to Beautiful Site

http://www.christiananswers.net/christmas/home.html

My Website Link

Here is a link to the Salvation page on the site, which details, how you can trust Jesus as Saviour

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/index.php?p=1_2_-Salvation-Focus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 14 Dec 2010, 5:16 pm

It is a joy to share with you once again. God's word is so precious, it is so amazing. I do hope you are blessed by what God has laid on my heart.. ALL GLORY TO GOD. He alone is my inspiration, it is through His Holy Spirit that he graciously opens up the scriptures to me. It is God who has given me this writing ministry.

Please share these messages with all your friends/contacts/prayer groups and house groups

LET'S GET THE WORD OUT INTO THE WORLD

Please also take time to view the featured page links

God bless you

Keith

1 Thessalonians 4
9 But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.
10 And indeed ye do it toward all the brethren which are in all Macedonia: but we beseech you, brethren, that ye increase more and more;
I love these verses. This church was just full of Love
How was this Church full of Love. I love the phrase, that they were taught of God to love one another verse 9
The example of Love given by the Lord Jesus in John chapters 13-17, must of been read and re-read by these Christians. What an example of Love Jesus is, he was the fullest expression of Love. He was love in action, love in evidence, love given selflessly.
This church was a living breathing example of the Love of Jesus. Can I ask you is your life a living example of the Love of Jesus?
My prayer is that my/your love would extend and grow more and more and that this would be evident to all men In verse 9,

Paul says he need not write unto this church and share about brotherly love, would he be able to say this about your fellowship?

God bless you

Keith

Teaching 1 by JR Miller

Manifest the life of Christ in our daily living
True religion will manifest itself in every phase of life. We sit down in the quiet and read our Bible--and get our lesson. We know it now--but we have not as yet got it into our life--which is the thing we must really do.
Knowing that we should love our enemies, is not the ultimate thing--actually loving our enemies is.
Knowing that we should be patient, is not all--we are to practice the lesson of patience, until it has become a habit in our life.
Many know the cardinal duties of Christian life--who yet have not learned to live them. It is living them, however, that is true religion.
It must always be our aim, to live our religion--to get Christ's love of our heart, wrought out in a blessed ministry of kindness to others. Christ lives in us; and it is ours to manifest the life of Christ in our daily living.
We worship God on Sunday--in order to gather strength and grace to live for God in the six days that follow. It is evident therefore, that it is in the experiences of weekday life, far more than in the quiet of the Sunday worship and the closet, that the real tests of religion come.
It is easy to assent with our mind to the commandments, when we sit in the church, enjoying the services. But the assent of the life itself can be obtained, only when we are out in the midst of temptation and duty, in contact with others. There it is, alone, that we can get the commandments wrought into ways of obedience, and lines of character. This is the final object of all Christian teaching and worship--the transforming of our life into the beauty of Christ!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 10 Dec 2010, 12:45 pm

What a joy it is to share with you once again. God's word is totally awesome, you cannot plumb it's depths and it always has something to say to us. It is our Guide, our Light and our Joy.. amen

Please share these messages to all your friends and please click the links at the bottom of these messages

Thanks and God bless

Keith

Isaiah 1

7 Your country is desolate, your cities are burned with fire: your land, strangers devour it in your presence, and it is desolate, as overthrown by strangers.

This verse should act as a real wake up call to all of us as believers.. if this verse doesn't spur you into action.. then there is something truly wrong with my/your life believer!. God doesn't want us to say..' isn't the situation awful'.. but to do something about it.. by prayer and reaching out in love..AMEN

God wants us to examine our own hearts and HE asks us

Is our country desolate?
Are our cities burned with fire?
Are strangers devouring our land before our very eyes?

What are we individually and corporately doing to alter this situation?

As we read further on in this chapter, we see in verse 10 that we are to hear the word of the Lord. We have the truth my brothers and sisters. But do we read it.. muslims can and do spend hours reading and memorising the koran.. do we spend as much time in the HOLY SCRIPTURES?.. the LIVING WORD OF GOD. Cult members spend hours knocking on doors with their false doctrines.. do I/you have the same passion to reach out with the truth of the Gospel?

In verse 11, God says what is the purpose of all the offerings the children of Israel are giving Him. Like wise God says today to his people, what is the purpose of all your offerings that you bring me?

We need to obey God, we need to be prepared to change and to pay the price.. which is total obedience and being a living sacrifice unto the Lord.. amen?

Maybe that cost will be in material terms, maybe it will be in terms of losing our own reputations.. that would be terrible wouldn't it.. maybe it would mean moving out of our little comfort zone?

God is asking these questions about your country?. And HE is asking these questions to each individual Christian.. amen?

If any of the answers to the questions at the start of this devotion were yes, then you need to follow the instructions in 2 Chronicles 7:14. Before God can move in a country, HE has to move in his church.

Are we obeying the word of God?
Are we in the place of repentant prayer?

IF NOT.. WHY NOT?

God bless you

Keith

Teaching by Lee Grady

GETTING BACK to 'CLASSIC' CHRISTIANITY

We need voices from the past-like Andrew Murray, Corrie Ten Boom and Charles Spurgeon-to help us find our way to the future.
During a visit with my parents in Georgia, two of my daughters asked if they could listen to a tape recording my father made in
1962 when I was only 4 years old. So my dad rummaged through some drawers and found the old reel-to-reel tape, which was amazingly still intact. Then he went to the garage and found the old Realistic tape player that no one in the family had used since the Nixon administration.

To our surprise the scratchy tape actually played without breaking, and my girls laughed when they heard me-in a babyish Southern drawl-describing a Florida vacation and a fishing trip with my grandfather. After my "interview," it switched to an older recording made in 1956. It included a conversation with my dad's mother, who died before I was born.
It was eerie to hear her voice. I'd never heard it before yet it sounded hauntingly familiar. After that brief segment of the tape ended we listened to comments from my other three grandparents -all of whom died in the 1960s or 1970s. Their voices unearthed long-buried but fond memories.

These sounds from the past reminded me of some other distant voices I have been listening to recently. They are the voices of dead Christians-writers of classic books and songs that we are close to forgetting today.
Their names are probably somewhat familiar to you. Jonathan Edwards. John Wesley. Charles Finney. Catherine Booth.
Andrew Murray. Evans Roberts. Charles Spurgeon. Fanny Crosby. E.M. Bounds. Watchman Nee. A.W. Tozer. William Seymour. A.B. Simpson. Corrie Ten Boom. Leonard Ravenhill.

All of them could be labeled revivalists. All challenged the Christians of their generation to embrace repentance and humility.
They understood a realm of spiritual maturity and a depth of character that few of us today even aspire to obtain.
When I read their words I feel much the same way I did after hearing my grandparents' voices on that old tape. I feel as if I am tapping into a realm of spirituality that is on the verge of extinction.

What was the secret of these great Christians who left their legacies buried in their books? They considered humility, selflessness and sacrifice the crowning virtues of the Christian journey. They called the church to die to selfishness, greed and ambition. They knew what it means to carry a "burden" for lost souls. They saw the glories of the kingdom and demanded total surrender. They challenged God's people to pursue obedience- even if obedience hurts.
Even their hymns reflected a level of consecration that is foreign in worship today. They sang often of the cross and its wonder. Their worship focused on the blood and its power. They sang words of heart-piercing conviction: "My richest gain I count but loss / And pour contempt on all my pride / Forbid it Lord that I should boast / Save in the death of Christ, My God."

In so many churches today the CROSS is not mentioned. The BLOOD is avoided because we don't want to offend visitors. And WORSHIP is often a canned performance that involves plenty of rhythm and orchestration but little or no substance. We can produce noise, but often there is no heart ... and certainly no tears.
In the books Christians buy today you will find little mention of brokenness. We are not interested in a life that might require suffering, patience, purging or the discipline of the Lord. We want our blessings ... and we want them now! So we look for the Christian brand of spiritualized self-help that is quick and painless.
We're running on empty. We think we are sophisticated, but like the Laodiceans we are actually poor, blind and naked. We need to return to our FIRST LOVE but we don't know where to begin the journey.
These voices from the past will help point the way. I've found myself drawn to reading books by Ravenhill, Ten Boom, Murray and Spurgeon in recent days. I've even pulled out an old hymnal and rediscovered the richness of songs that I had thrown out years ago-because I thought anything old couldn't possibly maintain a fresh anointing.
I realize now that I must dig for this buried treasure. We will never effectively reach our generation if we don't reclaim the humility, the brokenness, the consecration and the travail that our spiritual forefathers considered normal Christianity.
-J. Lee Grady is editor of Charisma

Special Song

Please listen to this wonderful song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICxIWulmsDo&feature=related

Featured Website

Please stand with these precious people serving the Lord in Africa in prayer .

http://www.greatlakesoutreach.org/

My Website Link

Please read about some of the great men and women of God

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/index.php?p=1_5_Faith-movers
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 07 Dec 2010, 2:22 pm

I just love sharing the word of God. It is an awesome privilege and responsbility. I do hope you are blessed by what I share. To handle the word of God, is amazing, it is like no other book.. amen

Please share these messages with your house group/prayer groups and contacts and also take time to view the links at the bottom of these messages

Thanks and God bless you

Keith

1 Samuel 15

22 And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.
23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.
Saul was sent to totally destroy Agag and his armies. But he partially obeyed God and in God's eyes.. partial obedience is disobedience.
Saul was removed as king of Israel, because of this disobedience. For any Christian who thinks partial obedience is enough, be warned, the Lord sees it differently.
Look at what Saul says in verse 15, his excuse was that he spared the good things to sacrifice to the Lord. Putting this in context the Lord is saying, I don't want your sacrifices, I want your total obedience.. period!. The Children of Israel had so many sacrifices for so many different things. Saul probably thought that God would be satisfied with a ritual sacrifice.. but HE wasn't, and likewise with us.. God hates our ritual. God looks on our hearts and if obedience to His word and His commands are not paramount in your heart and mind, then you are in sin believer.
Disobedience is rebellion, surely a soldier in the army who disobeyed orders would have to be disciplined for this.
Disobeying God is SIN.. plain and simple.

Church.. God wants your obedience
God bless you

Keith

Teaching by Judy Smith

CAST DOWN IMAGERY
"…Then said He unto me, Son of man, dig now in the wall: and when I had digged in the wall, behold a door. And He said unto me, Go in, and behold the wicked abominations that they do here. So I went in and saw; and behold every form of creeping things, and abominable beasts, and all the idols of the house of Israel, portrayed upon the wall round about….Then said He unto me, Son of man, hast thou seen what the ancients of the house of Israel do in the dark, every man in the chambers of his imagery? For they say, The LORD seeth us not; the LORD hath forsaken the earth…" (Ezekiel: Chapter 8).

Imagery: (Hb… maskiyth) a figure (carved on stone, the wall, or on any object), imagination (conceit, image, picture, wish); observant (the mind/heart) (Strong’s Concordance).
Imagery is what we THINK about; the picture that comes to mind with the thoughts we have. It’s what we wish for and it’s where we will focus much of our wake time. Our mind is where the majority of life’s battles are won or lost. It is the key area Satan can control if we allow him the access. It is at our THOUGHTS that we MUST take our authority in Jesus Christ and STOP them (Romans 1: 21-23; 12: 1-2; 2 Corinthians 10: 4-6)!
My dear brothers and sisters, the enemy knows you personally. He has his demons actively at work around you and they know every weakness you have. Satan will wait until just before you reach your destiny, your breakthrough, or purpose and then he’ll release all the dark secrets you have hidden as the very weapons for your destruction (Matthew 4: 1-3; Ephesians 6: 10-12). He’ll bring discouragement, feelings of failure, bitterness, anger, guilt, burnout, anxiety, depression, emptiness, hopelessness, lust, envy, jealousy, etc. into your thought-life/ mind in order to bring your ability to proclaim your victory in Jesus to a HALT! He will do whatever it takes to lock you up in his pit of darkness, doubt despair, and defeat. CHURCH, RESIST HIM, STAND FIRM in your faith (1 Peter 5: 8-11)!
There is not ONE person out there who has never had an attack of some sort from the enemy. Some people "just like us" were Adam and Eve (Genesis 3: 1-7) and King David, the man after God’s own heart (1 Samuel 13: 14; 2 Samuel 11: 2-4). In both examples, they allowed the desires of their flesh nature to gain control and they acted on their thoughts instead of turning and running in the other direction (into God’s arms) (Matthew 5: 27-30). It is important to note that Scripture does NOT say God will RESIST the enemy for you, oh no. YOU MUST RESIST him and it begins at the thought level. I recently heard someone say that you can only think about what you know. How true that is.
What is it you immerse yourself in? What types of books, magazines, shows, videos, entertainment, friends, etc. do you spend time looking at, reading, or watching? Seventy elders of Israel allowed their thoughts to dwell on the perversions of the heathen nations around them. They painted the pictures on the tomb walls (darkness) of Solomon’s temple and offered incense to them; worshipping the images of their minds! The Scripture goes on to say, "The Lord seeth us not; the LORD hath forsaken the earth" (Ezekiel 8: 8-12). Are we any different? In the midst of your pain and discouragement, do you ever wonder if God is real? Yes, Scripture says He is, but it’s a book. Yes, Scripture says He’s going to return, but I don’t see it happening! Yes, Scripture says Jesus healed then and He can now, but my body hurts. Have you been dwelling on things to bring you pleasure for the moment, to help you get through the tough times? Have you painted images on the walls of your mind and are you spending more and more of your time worshipping them thinking God isn’t noticing, or that He doesn’t care (Revelation 2: 20-29)?
I like Isaiah 26: 3, "You will keep him in perfect peace, WHOSE MIND IS STAYED ON YOU, because he trusts in You." Your mind is the greatest gift God has given you and it ought to be devoted entirely to Him. Seek to bring every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. As you spend your time getting to know Him through His Word, you will begin to see that your thoughts are from Him as well, and your mind will no longer be at the mercy of impulsive thinking. MAKE THE CHOICE to turn your thoughts and your eyes away from the face of idols and look to Him and be saved (Isaiah 45: 22). James 4: 7, 8 says, "Submit yourselves then, to God. RESIST the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and He will come near to you…."
My question this week: "What is drawn on the wall of your mind?"

Special Song

Be blessed by this wonderful worship song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMJWbW8aVLQ&feature=related

Featured Website
This website is an awesome resource for Evangelism. Please use it

http://www.wayofthemaster.com/

My Website Link
Please read the Page caled Father's Heart. Words direct from the heart of Father God to His Church

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/index.php?p=1_18_Fathers-Heart
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 16 Nov 2010, 5:36 pm

Welcome to Simply Scripture

It is a real joy to share with you again. I do hope you are blessed by this study. Please pass this study onto all your friends and please click the featured page links at the bottom of the message

Thanks

Keith

Are You a Judge?

Matthew 7

1 DO NOT judge and criticize and condemn others, so that you may not be judged and criticized and condemned yourselves.

2For just as you judge and criticize and condemn others, you will be judged and criticized and condemned, and in accordance with the measure you [use to] deal out to others, it will be dealt out again to you.
3Why do you [a]stare from without at the [b]very small particle that is in your brother's eye but do not become aware of and consider the beam [c]of timber that is in your own eye?
4Or how can you say to your brother, Let me get the tiny particle out of your eye, when there is the beam [d]of timber in your own eye?
5You hypocrite, first get the beam of timber out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the tiny particle out of your brother's eye.

Grab a coffee and your Bible and let us see what the word of God says on judging other believers. We are going to use the verses above as our starting point, as they were said by our Saviour whilst here on earth and are so cutting and relevant.

This is my achilles heel , so to speak. My main fault is dealing with people. So I speak to myself first and foremost.

I write to 2 prisoners in the USA, and before the Lord had me write this message, he got me to go to the website of the Department Of Corrections, to see what they had been convicted of. After I had done this, he asked me ' do you have a judgemental spirit'?

We are going to using the Five L's, and the first one is:

Listen

When we hear of or see a fellow believer doing something that is wrong. How quick are we to condemn them or do we ask the Lord? What do you want me to do in this situation Lord?.

If you see your pastor, going into somewhere you think is wrong. (say a casino) What would you do? Would you be on the phone to all your friends saying 'you won't believe what I just saw', or would would you share with your pastor quietly, and listen to his/her explanation.

How much trouble and pain could be avoided if we did this. How many people have left church and are now back in the world, because some well meaning believer criticised them and told them that their actions were wrong.
We are told to speak the truth.. but in Love
Ephesians 4:15 (King James Version)
15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

In James 4, we are told this:

12 There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

So who are you to Judge?. Are you God?

Look

In the passage in Matthew, the person with the speck in his/her eye is being closely examined by the one with the giant beam in his/her eye. Do you go around, looking for faults in others? That my friend is not a gifting of the Holy Spirit.. it is taking on the role of the Holy Spirit and stealing His role and this hurts Him and quenches His power.

It is like going to the optician, he/she gets up really close and shines a strong light in your eye, if you are judging others, then this is what you are doing. It is time to stop doing it...amen.

We are told in Philippians 2

12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Work out our own Salvation, not everyone Else's.

1 Peter 4:15 (King James Version)

15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.

Are you a busy bee involving yourself in other people's matters?

Let

Not to judge others, means we let God be God. The Holy Spirit comes to convict men of sin, that is one of his roles, it is not and never will be mine/yours. He does not want our help. John 16:8

The word of God is the tool that the Holy Spirit uses to convict. Hebrews 4:12. It says the Word of God divides joint from marrow, nothing can be hid from it. The word of God used by the Spirit of God, will always correct. One of the great verses in scripture is 2 Timothy 3:16, where rebuke and correction are two facets of it's ministry. The Spirit of God, will use the word of God to convict and bring sin to the surface.

Live

So how are we to act towards believers who are wrong and acting wrongly? Well we are to live before them in a true way.

We ourselves are to look unto Jesus, we are to keep our focus on God Hebrews 12:1-3. We are to draw close to our Lord.

We are not to have an exalted opinion of ourselves, just because we do not fall into that sin, look at what Paul said.

1 Corinthians 10:12 (King James Version)

12Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

Love

One of the things a believer needs so much when he/she falls into sin, is to be loved. We have to be loving and welcoming to them as Jesus would. He was and is the good Shepherd, and would search for the one sheep that was lost.

In James 5:19-20, we have two of the greatest verses on this subject and they are:

19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;
20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

Sometimes rebuke is needed, but this is to be carried out, in love and with real wisdom. It must be done by mature believers, who are able to instruct and correct the behaviour of the believer concerned. It must be carried out under the leading of the Holy Spirit.

Let us not judge a brother or sister, but gently and like Jesus would, offer them the hand of fellowship.

I realise that this is a subject some believers disagree on, and I have sought to share what God has laid on my heart.

Remember, we can only do what it outlined in James 5:19-20, when our own hearts are right with the Lord.

Let us always examine ourselves in the light of scripture.
For further reading
Romans Chapter 14
1 Corinthians chapter 13
Hebrews 10:28-30
James 2:4
James 4:11-12
James 5: 9
Proverbs 25:15
Luke 12:14
John 7:24
1 Timothy 5:19

God bless you

Keith

Featured website

This ministry is probably the most difficult one you can have. It is preaching the word of God in the Open Air. Please support this work with your prayers and gifts

http://www.oamission.com/

My website Link

Please read and be blessed by the following link to news on our persecuted brothers and sisters

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/index.php?p=1_14_Persecuted-Church
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 10 Nov 2010, 2:49 pm

I do hope you are blessed by what God has laid on my heart. As it is Simply Scripture.. I want you to stop right there and go and get your Bible and also make yourself comfortable with a coffee and a cake.. just the one!!
Ok.. got them.. then let's continue
Please share this message with all your friends and contacts and please click on the featured page link at the bottom of the message
God bless you
Your friend
Keith

Bearing/Sharing Burdens
We are going to look at this important subject to the body of Christ.
Let me say that Jesus has borne every burden we ever had, the most important one being of sin. He dealt with this in his death and Resurrection. So we have the privilege of bearing our brethren's burdens and helping them to carry them.
The Call to Bear/share
Galatians 6
2Bear (endure, carry) one another's burdens and [a]troublesome moral faults, and in this way fulfill and observe perfectly the law of Christ (the Messiah) and complete [b]what is lacking [in your obedience to it].
The apostle Paul puts it plainly here, the command is quite simple. In doing this we are acting in obedience, we are doing what God wants us to do and that will surely please our Father, and after all, isn't that our aim.
The Reward
Mark 9
41 For I tell you truly, whoever gives you a cup of water to drink because you belong to and bear the name of Christ will by no means fail to get his reward.
Have you ever thought your little act of kindness has gone unrewarded. No act, however small goes unrewarded by God, he sees everything, and will reward you and that's all you require
The Practise
Matthew 6
1 TAKE CARE not to do your good deeds publicly or before men, in order to be seen by them; otherwise you will have no reward [[a]reserved for and awaiting you] with and from your Father Who is in heaven.
2 Thus, whenever you give to the poor, do not blow a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites in the synagogues and in the streets like to do, that they may be [b]recognized and honored and praised by men. Truly I tell you, they have their reward [c]in full already.
3 But when you give to charity, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,
4 So that your deeds of charity may be in secret; and your Father Who sees in secret will reward you openly.
God is interested in How you do things, your true heart motive. What motivates you to help people, is it to be recognised or win people's applause?
The Penalty of Not sharing/ Bearing Acts 5:1-11
Please read this for yourself, this is not just what happened in the early church. We have the Same God now, he doesn't change, neither do his standards change.
Examples of Sharing
The Early Church Acts 2:44-45
Barnabas Acts 4:32-37
A church meeting a need and being rewarded for it Philippians 4:13-19
It was the practise of the early church and it should be ours
The Purpose
Shows our commitment to each other Romans 15:1-2
Shows our obedience to his direct command Romans 12:13
We are sowing seed 2 Corinthians 9:6-15 and Galatians 6:7-9
God has promised us blessing if we share Malachi 3
Shows our faith in action James 2:13-17
Allows God to reward us, by giving back to us 2 Corinthians 9:6-15
Shows our thankfulness to God 2 Corinthians 9:12
Allows God's servants to operate and the gospel to go forth 2 Corinthians 9:12
Glorifies God 1 Peter 2:12
The world is put to silence 1 Peter 2:15
A final question
Do you think you share with your brothers and sisters?
Do you think you bear their burdens?
In the wonderful book of 1 John in chapter 3, we have these words, with which we shall finish
16 By this we come to know (progressively to recognize, to perceive, to understand) the [essential] love: that He laid down His [own] life for us; and we ought to lay [our] lives down for [those who are our] brothers [[l]in Him].
17 But if anyone has this world's goods (resources for sustaining life) and sees his brother and [m]fellow believer in need, yet closes his heart of compassion against him, how can the love of God live and remain in him?
18L little children, let us not love [merely] in theory or in speech but in deed and in truth (in practise and in sincerity).
19 By this we shall come to know (perceive, recognize, and understand) that we are of the Truth, and can reassure (quiet, conciliate, and pacify) our hearts in His presence,
LET ME ASK YOU THESE QUESTIONS
Would you lay down your life for any of your brothers or sisters in Christ?
Have you had another believer come to you with a need and you have had the resources to help and you said ' I will pray for you'. That is sin and displeases God
Do all your actions show God's love?
Is your heart at peace because you know you have acted in love towards people?
And finally
Have you closed your heart and turned a blind eye to your brother in need, if you have how can God's love and remember God is love, live inside you?
This is the very essence of being a believer, remember what James said about pure religion.. it is not not worship or prayer... but
James 1:27
27External [a]religious worship [[b]religion as it is expressed in outward acts] that is pure and unblemished in the sight of God the Father is this: to visit and help and care for the orphans and widows in their affliction and need, and to keep oneself unspotted and uncontaminated from the world.
How many orphans and widows have you helped?
Searching questions.. what is your answer?
God Bless you
Keith

Featured Website
Please pray for and support, the work of the Open Air Campaigners
http://www.oaciorg/home/index.html

My website link
Please click the link, which tells the wonderful story of Salvation
http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/ndex.phpp=1_2_-Salvation-Focus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 08 Nov 2010, 1:44 pm

I do hope you are blessed by what God has laid on my heart. As it is Simply Scripture.. I want you to stop right there and go and get your Bible and also make yourself comfortable with a coffee and a cake.. just the one!!
Ok.. got them.. then let's continue

Please share this message with all your friends and contacts and please click on the featured page link at the bottom of the message

God bless you

Your friend

Keith

Bearing/Sharing Burdens

We are going to look at this important subject to the body of Christ.

Let me say that Jesus has borne every burden we ever had, the most important one being of sin. He dealt with this in his death and Resurrection. So we have the privilege of bearing our brethren's burdens and helping them to carry them.

The Call to Bear/share

Galatians 6

2Bear (endure, carry) one another's burdens and [a]troublesome moral faults, and in this way fulfill and observe perfectly the law of Christ (the Messiah) and complete [b]what is lacking [in your obedience to it].

The apostle Paul puts it plainly here, the command is quite simple. In doing this we are acting in obedience, we are doing what God wants us to do and that will surely please our Father, and after all, isn't that our aim.

The Reward

Mark 9

41 For I tell you truly, whoever gives you a cup of water to drink because you belong to and bear the name of Christ will by no means fail to get his reward.

Have you ever thought your little act of kindness has gone unrewarded. No act, however small goes unrewarded by God, he sees everything, and will reward you and that's all you require

The Practise

Matthew 6

1 TAKE CARE not to do your good deeds publicly or before men, in order to be seen by them; otherwise you will have no reward [[a]reserved for and awaiting you] with and from your Father Who is in heaven.

2 Thus, whenever you give to the poor, do not blow a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites in the synagogues and in the streets like to do, that they may be [b]recognized and honored and praised by men. Truly I tell you, they have their reward [c]in full already.
3 But when you give to charity, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,
4 So that your deeds of charity may be in secret; and your Father Who sees in secret will reward you openly.

God is interested in How you do things, your true heart motive. What motivates you to help people, is it to be recognised or win people's applause?

The Penalty of Not sharing/ Bearing Acts 5:1-11

Please read this for yourself, this is not just what happened in the early church. We have the Same God now, he doesn't change, neither do his standards change.

Examples of Sharing

The Early Church Acts 2:44-45
Barnabas Acts 4:32-37
A church meeting a need and being rewarded for it Philippians 4:13-19

It was the practise of the early church and it should be ours

The Purpose

Shows our commitment to each other Romans 15:1-2

Shows our obedience to his direct command Romans 12:13

We are sowing seed 2 Corinthians 9:6-15 and Galatians 6:7-9

God has promised us blessing if we share Malachi 3

Shows our faith in action James 2:13-17

Allows God to reward us, by giving back to us 2 Corinthians 9:6-15

Shows our thankfulness to God 2 Corinthians 9:12

Allows God's servants to operate and the gospel to go forth 2 Corinthians 9:12

Glorifies God 1 Peter 2:12

The world is put to silence 1 Peter 2:15

A final question

Do you think you share with your brothers and sisters?

Do you think you bear their burdens?

In the wonderful book of 1 John in chapter 3, we have these words, with which we shall finish

16 By this we come to know (progressively to recognize, to perceive, to understand) the [essential] love: that He laid down His [own] life for us; and we ought to lay [our] lives down for [those who are our] brothers [[l]in Him].

17 But if anyone has this world's goods (resources for sustaining life) and sees his brother and [m]fellow believer in need, yet closes his heart of compassion against him, how can the love of God live and remain in him?
18L little children, let us not love [merely] in theory or in speech but in deed and in truth (in practise and in sincerity).
19 By this we shall come to know (perceive, recognize, and understand) that we are of the Truth, and can reassure (quiet, conciliate, and pacify) our hearts in His presence,

LET ME ASK YOU THESE QUESTIONS

Would you lay down your life for any of your brothers or sisters in Christ?

Have you had another believer come to you with a need and you have had the resources to help and you said ' I will pray for you'. That is sin and displeases God

Do all your actions show God's love?

Is your heart at peace because you know you have acted in love towards people?

And finally

Have you closed your heart and turned a blind eye to your brother in need, if you have how can God's love and remember God is love, live inside you?

This is the very essence of being a believer, remember what James said about pure religion.. it is not not worship or prayer... but

James 1:27 27External [a]religious worship [[b]religion as it is expressed in outward acts] that is pure and unblemished in the sight of God the Father is this: to visit and help and care for the orphans and widows in their affliction and need, and to keep oneself unspotted and uncontaminated from the world.

How many orphans and widows have you helped?

Searching questions.. what is your answer?

God Bless you

Keith

Featured Website

Please pray for and support, the work of the Open Air Campaigners

http://www.oaci.org/home/index.html

My website link

Please click the link, which tells the wonderful story of Salvation

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/index.php?p=1_2_-Salvation-Focus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 04 Nov 2010, 10:05 pm

It is a joy to share with you once again. God's word is a gold mine full of nuggets of gold, that will and can change your life.. amen

Thank you for letting me share with you and for allowing the Word of God to penetrate your inner being.

Please take time to click the links at the bottom of these messages and also please take time to forward these messages to all your friends and contacts

God bless you

Keith

Noonday Devotion

Proverbs 14

5 A faithful witness will not lie, but a false witness breathes out falsehoods.

This is quite a short devotional, as I wish to ask the question the Writer addresses in the above verse.

Are you a faithful or false witness?

The short book of 3 John is very sobering as it sets forth two people.. one who is a false witness and another who is a true witness.

Please go and read these verses and ask yourself, whether you have been a false or true witness within your church or family

Have you spread gossip or spoken harshly against another believer.

Remember that you shall not bear false witness is included in the Ten Commandments, so God takes this extremely seriously

God bless you

Keith

Brother Zac Poonen

The Importance of the Church

In Revelation 1:10-11, we find that John heard a voice saying, “Write in a book what you see, and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea.” God gives us messages not only for ourselves but also for others. When God speaks to us, it is a good habit to write down what we hear, as John was commanded to do here (Rev. 1:11). He might otherwise have forgotten what God had spoken to him.

The message, in this case, was for the seven churches in Asia. What was known as Asia then is today a small part of Turkey. All these seven churches were located within a radius of 75 miles of each other. But notice that even though they were so close to each other, they were still NOT collectively called “The CHURCH in Asia”. They were called “The CHURCHES in Asia”. This is a small point but a very important one, nevertheless. “The church in Asia” would have meant that these churches had become a denomination with a central headquarters. But “the churches in Asia” indicate that each church was a local church directly under the headship of the Lord.

The church is a work of God, built by Christ. But denominations are the work of men. All the teachings and the writings of the apostles make it clear that the will of God is for each church to be directly under the headship of Christ, and not part of a denomination. There was no bishop or superintendent in charge of these seven churches to whom John could send these letters for distribution to the churches. Each letter had to be sent individually to the messenger of that church - for each church was an independent unit. The Lord had given apostles to the church. John himself was one of them. But the Lord had not appointed any bishops or superintendents. There is no such thing, for example, as “The church in India”. There are churches in India, and these are built by the Lord in different localities, each one directly under His headship.
Satan’s final aim is to build his counterfeit world “church”, Babylon. And his first step towards that goal was to group churches into denominations, many centuries ago. He knew that the task of building Babylon would have been impossible otherwise. We should not be ignorant of Satan’s schemes.

The seven golden lampstands symbolise the seven churches (Rev. 1:20). Under the old covenant, the temple had ONE seven-branched lampstand. This was because all the tribes of Israel were branches of one “denomination” with its central headquarters and leaders at Jerusalem.

But it is different under the new covenant. There are seven different lampstands, each completely separate from the other. The reason, as we saw above, was because each church was independently under the headship of Christ, although in fellowship with the other churches, through the Head.

The church being called a lampstand indicates that, in God’s eyes, its primary function is to give light. The lampstands being golden indicate the Divine origin of a true church. It is built by the Lord and not by men.
A lampstand is not meant to be a mere decoration. Neither is a church! The light that every church should hold forth is God’s Word, which alone is a light for our path in this dark world (Psa.119:105). Instead of holding forth that light, when so-called “churches” begin to major on running schools and hospitals and on doing social work, we can be sure that they have strayed from God’s primary purpose.

When John turned around to see who was speaking, he saw Jesus (Rev. 1:12, 13). But he saw Him in the midst of the churches. It is through the local church that the Lord seeks to reveal Himself and to speak to others.
The first dwelling-place of God mentioned in the Bible is the burning bush that Moses saw in the wilderness (Deut.33:16). Like John at Patmos, Moses also turned aside at that time to see that marvellous sight. And that’s when God spoke to him (Exod.3:3).

Today, the church is God’s dwelling place. God desires every church to be aflame with His Spirit like the burning bush was. When people look at a local church, they should be able to see the life of Christ revealed through the members of that church. Then God can speak to people through the church.

Featured Website

Please read about the persecuted church in many parts ofthe world

http://www.compassdirect.org/
My website link

Please be blessed by reading the home page of the site.. scroll down to the bottom and click on the music and preaching links

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 31 Oct 2010, 5:01 pm

What a joy it is to share with you once again from God's word. The privilege of being able to share with people from all over the world is amazing and I wish to give God all the glory for allowing me to do this. It is HIM, who gives me the words to write and Who is the very essence of my being.. I LOVE HIM SO MUCH

Please share these messages with all your friends and contacts and please also click the links at the bottom of these devotions

GOD BLESS YOU

Keith

Proverbs 10

23It is as sport to a [self-confident] fool to do wickedness, but to have skillful and godly wisdom is pleasure and relaxation to a man of understanding.

Have you noticed that I love Proverbs?

What Solomon and others say under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, totally turn the so called wisdom of the world upside down.. amen

To have the wisdom of God is to be at complete peace and rest..

Are you at complete rest and peace because you have the wisdom of God evident in your life?

Look at the comparison of this verse.

People who are confident in their own wisdom, make a joke of sin.

Matthew Henry says this

He makes a laughing matter of sin. When he is warned not to sin, from the consideration of the law of God and the revelation of his wrath against sin, he makes a jest of the admonition, and laughs at the shaking of the spear; when he has sinned, instead of sorrowing for it, he boasts of it, ridicules, reproofs and laughs away the convictions of his own conscience

Believer, the wisdom of God brings relaxation and pleasure.

Are you experiencing it in your life?

God bless you

Keith

From Brother Jim

Bible Food Devotional:
“Diagnosing your Spiritual Health”
Do You Thirst for God? Psa. 42:1, 2

1 As a deer pants for flowing streams (water brooks –KJV), so pants my soul for you, O God. 2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God? PSA. 42;1,2 (also Matt. 5:6)

The word “pant” gives us an image of “immediate need” and spiritually it describes our intense desire and overwhelming longing for the presence of God. Well you’re not unlike the deer the psalmist mentions in the first verse of Psalm 42, because like the deer you know if you don't get any water you will die. As the life of a deer depends upon water, so our spiritual lives depend upon the water of our soul, God. We have drives, amongst them most significantly are hunger and thirst! The most important thing for survival is Water = Survival 3-4 days Food 4-6 weeks.
God is the living water that is required to sustain our life, without God we will die, plain and simple. Those who pant for God and long to understand him find everlasting life.
As we look at the subject of “Do you thirst for God”, we are going to talk about 3 kinds of Thirst today!

Three Kinds of Spiritual Thirst
1. Thirst of the EMPTY Soul .
Quote: “Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our hearts are restless until they find their rest in Thee.” ~Augustine

The natural /lost person has an empty soul, devoid of God. This person is constantly searching for something to fill the emptiness, but is not sure what to search for. The empty soul is always seeking and never resting; going from one thing to another, unable to find anything that will fit the God-shaped vacuum in the heart. But without the work of God in his heart he will NOT seek the true and living God, but everything else under the sun to fill that void.

As C. H. Spurgeon states, “When a man pants after God, it is the work of God within Him; he would not long after God by nature. No man thirsts for God while he is left in his carnal state. The unrenewed man pants after anything sooner than God: . . . It proves a renewed nature when you long after God; it is a work of grace in your soul, and you may be thankful for it.” [Based on Romans 3:11 & Psa. 14:2, 53:2]

2. Thirst of the DRY Soul. Read John 4:14 – Never thirst again!!!
The difference between the empty soul and the dry soul is that one has tasted the living waters and the other has not. Dry souls have not lost the presence of the well of springing up within them, but they may cease to drink of it as they ought, and for a while thus become dry. We cannot lose the indwelling presence of the Spirit.

Reasons for having a dry soul:
1. Drink of the fountains of the WORLD. Trying to partake of the world as a Christian doesn’t work!
2. Prolonged times of mental or physical FATIGUE.
Our body affects our spirituality and our spirituality affects our body. When you're tired or sick, you may not want to pray as much. If you are really tired, you can feel very unspiritual and you may not sense the spiritual growth that occurred in the battle that made you tired. We may feel spiritually dry because we are fighting a battle or a battle has just been won.

3. GOD sometimes puts us through DRY spells.
During these times (dry spells) God wants us to learn to TRUST Him and not our good feelings. Sometimes God steps back to see if we will still find Him worthy of following even when there is no earthly reason to do so. Sometimes God withdraws a sense of His presence to teach us to walk by faith. Quote: When the sun goes behind the cloud it's no less near.

Three Kinds of Spiritual Thirst 1. Empty (lost) 2. Dry (dry spell) and NOW:

3. Thirst of the SATISFIED Soul
Read Psalm 34:8 " Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good!
Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!" Psa. 34:8

Practical Steps we should ALWAYS take for our thirst:

1. MEDITATE on Scripture. Go for quality NOT quantity!

2. PRAY in line with actual scriptures (make it personal).
The Psalms are great for this! Name a Psalm you would turn into a prayer?

3. Read Thirst-making WRITERS.
It is important to read of men and women of God who make you thirsty for more of God. Read especially from time-tested books (not faddish books – See list below)
Classics and other time tested books are recommended like Pilgrims Progress by John Bunyan, Armor of God by Gurnall, classics, Thomas Watson, Richard Sibbes’ The Bruised Reed and the Smoldering Wick, John Owens, Jonathan Edwards, Charles Spurgeon, A.W. Tozer and the like, also read Christian biographies, and read/listen to good sermons by ministers that make you thirsty for the truth – John MacArthur, John Piper, C.J. Mahaney, etc.

“O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need for further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, the Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made thirsty still.” - A.W.Tozer

Nothing but the living water of God will satisfy!

In His Service,
Jim

Featured website

I have no political axe to grind, we are told to pray for those in authority over us. Please click he following link

http://presidentialprayerteam.com/

My website Link

Please read about these great men of God.. be inspired

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 28 Oct 2010, 1:27 pm

Hello Dear Friends

What a joy it is to welcome you as we share again from God's holy and Precious word.

Please share these devotions with all your friends and groups..LET'S GET THE WORD OUT INTO THE WORLD

Also Please take time to click the links at the bottom of the messages, as they will benefit you greatly

Thanks and God bless you all

Keith

Proverbs 14

9 Fools make a mock of sin and sin mocks the fools [who are its victims; a sin offering made by them only mocks them, bringing them disappointment and disfavor], but among the upright there is the favor of God.

Dear Friends

In this and the last Noonday, we have shared teachings about Halloween and sought to bring to your attention, the demonic powers associated with it.

Sin is sin my friends, whether it is black or grey.. whether it is large or small

We need never to tolerate sin in our lives, we must see it as an affront to God's pureness and holiness.. amen

In 1 John 1, we are told to call sin what it is. The world mocks the church and says, that you can't have absolutes, you must be tolerant.

6[So] if we say we are partakers together and enjoy fellowship with Him when we live and move and are walking about in darkness, we are [both] speaking falsely and do not live and practice the Truth [which the Gospel presents].
7But if we [really] are living and walking in the Light, as He [Himself] is in the Light, we have [true, unbroken] fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses (removes) us from all sin and guilt [keeps us cleansed from sin in all its forms and manifestations].
8If we say we have no sin [refusing to admit that we are sinners], we delude and lead ourselves astray, and the Truth [which the Gospel presents] is not in us [does not dwell in our hearts].

My friends, this is not the way God looks at it, and we must call it as it is, whether we are popular or not. This is not a popularity contest, indeed when the church becomes popular in the world, then there is something wrong, with the church.

Let me say this in regard to subjects such as Halloween and indeed homosexuality. It is time church to stand up and say what the word of God says about these subjects and to seek the favour of God and not man's favour.

It is time to be upright in heart and word and deed and to stand upright for God's truth as set out in the bible.

Let us never stop speaking out God's truth.. remember that we are watchmen set upon the walls of the city Isaiah 62:6

In Ezekiel 33 God sets out the standards of watchmen, we are to speak often and loudly, reminding this world of the standards of God's word and his requirements to repent and return to Him

Words such as repent are to be our watchwords, we have to tell our communities, and countries that it is time to repent and return to the Lord and for them to stop making a mockery of sin.. amen

Years ago as a young christian, I remember, a few of us standing outside a cinema in Lancaster, giving out leaflets against the Film the life of Brian. There are many more films and TV programmes mocking our Saviour.. it is time to stand up and speak out

God bless you as you do these things

Keith

Teaching

The teaching today is still on the subject of Halloween. The church needs to wake up and stand up and say what God says about this pagan event. Please read and share with your friends

From my Sister in Christ Betty Miller

WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT...
THE TRADITION OF HALLOWEEN?

"Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes." Song of Solomon 2:15

Foxes sometime in search of food would enter into the grape orchards and devour the grapes and spoil the crop. However, the little foxes were too small to reach the grape bunches so they would chew on the vines and it would kill the whole vine. Instead of the farmer just losing his crop, he would lose his vine which was more disastrous. Spiritually some things we do or allow, that we might think is little or insignificant, can also be disastrous for us.

Some may consider celebrating Halloween as only a little compromise. However, it is the "little foxes" that spoil the vines and this little compromise can open the door to other evils. Many Christians do not realize that certain traditions that are celebrated in the world have evil origins. Just because our society partakes in certain activities does not make them acceptable for Christians. We must look to Christ and His Word to see if the traditions of this world are good or evil.

Mark 7:13: "Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye."

One very evil tradition is the celebration of Halloween. No Christian should partake in the activities of this holiday, nor should they allow their children to do so. We can discern the evil of this day by taking a look at the festivities that are associated with its celebration. Children are dressed as witches, goblins, ghosts, little devils and fortune tellers. All these are representatives of Satan's kingdom. Games played at carnivals promote fear in children as they are ushered through spook houses and horror rooms. Skeletons, black cats and bats represent death and darkness. No carnival is complete without the gypsy who tells fortunes. Satan has gained man's approval to celebrate his day by simply making it a tradition that seems like a fun day. The opposite is true, however, as more damage and harm are done on this day each year than any other holiday. Children are taught to go door to door chanting "trick or treat." It is unchristian to demand a gift under threat of playing some trick. Police are on the alert for juvenile vandalism and caution parents to be watchful.

Because so many of us have grown up celebrating Halloween, and seemingly did not experience any negative effects, some feel that not celebrating Halloween at all is an extreme measure. However, we would encourage you to pray about this. Is any holiday that glorifies death and darkness (even in fun) a proper thing for a Christian to do since we have been called out of darkness into His marvelous light?

1 Peter 2:9: "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light."

Whether we feel that we have been really hurt by celebrating Halloween or not, is only part of the issue. How does God feel to see His people making light of demons and witchcraft? Shouldn't we be thinking about how to honor Him and show our love to Him? Where do our loyalties lie?

Most Satanists celebrate this as their high holy day and even offer human sacrifices to the devil. Until recently, most Christians have not questioned this traditional celebration, but rather have gone along with it by even bringing Halloween parties into the church. The earliest Halloween celebrations were not held by the early church, but the Druids in honor of Samhain, the "lord of the dead", and his demons, whose festival fell on November 1. Halloween actually means "holy or hallowed evening."

According to the Roman calendar in which days began at midnight, the evening of October 31 was the eve before the hallowed day; hence Halloween or All Soul's Eve was kept throughout the ancient pagan world. All Hallows Eve, because it is the day before All Hallows' or All Saints' day, was a holy day in the Roman Catholic Church, Episcopal Church, the Church of England and the Greek Orthodox Church. This festival honors all martyrs, known and unknown, who have died for the church. During the time of Constantine, these two holidays were merged in an attempt to Christianize the heathen.
The church could not prevent these heathen practices, so they thought "taming'" them would be the answer. They were, of course, not to worship their gods on the church's "All Saint's day." However, as it is with all compromises, soon the evil overrode the good, and hence we still honor these heathen practices by celebrating Halloween.

Parents have a responsibility not to allow their children to be exposed to these evil celebrations. What might seem to some as innocent children's games is a "little fox" that can open the door to satanic influence and even demon possession in some cases. Children can be tormented with a spirit of fear that can come through this involvement that stays with them throughout their lives. It also introduces children to witchcraft, making it easier for them to become involved in cults and occultic activities. When children are taught it is alright to play with the things of darkness, it does not give them the repulsion and resistance that they need to stand against greater Satanic involvement. When the things of Satan are taken lightly, as games and fun, it sets our children up to accept evil rather than to resist it. This "little fox" is not only spreading evil to children but has been a curse for the church and our nation as well. As Christians, we should spread the word to others about the evil tradition of Halloween.

Ephesians 5:6-12: "Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. 7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them. 8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light: 9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. 11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. 12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret."

Excerpt from the book Exposing Satan's Devices by Betty Miller.

Featured Website

This site is probably the best on dealing with issues like Halloween and the Harry Potter Books. Please click on the link below

http://www.espministries.com/topic_Halloween.html

Website Link

Please view the Page called Jesus is alive. Let us rejoice that he is and that He lives in our hearts through the Holy Spirit

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/index.php?p=1_4_Jesus-is-Alive
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 25 Oct 2010, 12:35 pm

Welcome to a new look Noonday Devotion

It is with great pleasure that I wish to welcome you all to the new look Noonday Devotion

Instead of 2 devotions by me and 2 by CH Spurgeon, there will be one devotion by me and one from the archive that I have, which is filled with the very best teaching on the Web.

Also there will be links to my website and another one, which will benefit you, if you choose to click the Links

I hope you are blessed by what I share and would be grateful, if you would share the devotions and also click the Links

Please note that I will be using either the Kings James or Amplified versions of the Bible

Thanks and God bless

Keith

Genesis 39

9 There is none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back any thing from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?

The Lord has put this particular verse on my heart.

Joseph had been blessed by God, and was now in charge of all the affairs of Potiphar, a high up official in the Court of Egypt.

But temptation, was to come his way, through the wife of Potiphar, who we can assume, was pretty bored with her marriage.

The Lord wants us to see the heart attitude of Joseph.

He saw sin, not as an affront against his master, not as an affront against the wife, but an affront to God.

He truly had a clear idea of what sin, was and is.. it is an affront to a Holy God. He saw sin as great wickedness, sure he could have got away with it, but Joseph knew that even though no one was watching.. God was.

We must have the same heart attitude to sin my friends. We must see it as an affront to God. We must have a proper perspective of God's holiness and pureness, only then, can we see sin as God sees it.. amen

Do you think believer that God misses anything?
Do you think that you can sin privately within your own home and think that no one sees you?

WELL GOD SEES YOU

I speak to myself on this most of all, because this is an area of failure for me.

Can I say this to my fellow believers.

If you are involving yourself in sin, within your own home and are hoping to hide it, then you are very much mistaken. God doesn't miss what you are doing and HE is not happy and HE will expose it.

Whatever it is, it is time to repent to come to the foot of the cross and to live out a true christian walk

Let us all, have the same attitude of Joseph to sin

God bless you

Keith

The teaching below is on Halloween. Which is on the 31st. This so called celebration is wrong, and here is the evidence to prove it. There is more teaching on the Guest Page on the website, please click links at the bottom

From a dear sister in Christ

There are many versions of halloween. This is one of them.

Do some major Deliverance on yourself for ever celebrating halloween. Burn any left over halloween stuff in your home. Don't even open your doors to pass out "tracts". If you do, then you are celebrating this unholy day.
No matter what you think of halloween, know that it is the very highest satanic holy day. As a Believer, you should not be observing it in any way, especially IN your church. The catholic church is responsible for this day to be placed in the church.
Halloween has never been a Righteous holiday, and it has no place in the life of a born again Believer in the Messiah. In fact, it is an abomination to Elohim, and we should take our stand firmly against it. As we look at its history, we find that its roots go deep into heathenism, paganism, satanism and the occult; and its modern expression is no better.
HISTORY OF HALLOWEEN
Celtic New Year
October 31 is the most important day in the satanic year. [It is known as the devil's birthday.] It marks the Celtic new year. It was the end of the growing season. It became a festival of death. On this day, the god of the Celtics was to have called up the spirits of the wicked dead who had died during the past year. At the same time, other evil spirits arose and went about the countryside harassing the people. On October 31, the Celtics expected to be harassed by ghosts, evil spirits and demons; and it was no fun and games to them. They would light bonfires to guide the spirits to their own town and to ward off evil spirits.

DRUIDS
The Celtics had priests called druids. On October 31, the druids went from house to house demanding certain foods, and all those who refused were cursed. The people were tormented by means of magic. As they went, the druids carried large turnips which they had hollowed out and on which they had carved demon faces as charms. Each one was believed to contain the demon spirit that personally led or guided that priest: his little god.

DIVINATION

Those who practiced fortune telling and divination found that this was the night that they had the most success. They called upon satan to bless their efforts. One form of divination was to put apples in a tub and bob for them. The one who first successfully came up with one without putting them in his teeth was to have good luck throughout the year. They would then peel the apples and throw the peeling over their shoulders and then quickly look around. They expected to see a vision or an apparition of the one they were to marry.

SACRIFICES
These things happened several centuries before The Messiah. Sacrifices were made to the gods, especially the god of death - Samhain (pronounced Sah win). Sacrifices all the way from vegetable to human were offered. This went on and on, and, in some parts of the world, still goes on today.

8th CENTURY
In the 8th century, the Pope, in an effort to get the people to quit the festival of Sam hain, invented All Saints Day (Nov. 1). This was an attempt to get the people to turn away from the horrible observance of Sam hain. All Saints Day was intended to honor the martyrs of the Roman persecutions. It did not work! It never works to Christianize a pagan holiday. The holy and the profane do not mix.

THE MIDDLE AGES
In the Middle Ages, there was a great revival of satanic practices and witchcraft and magic - like there is today. During this time the belief developed that witches traveled on broomsticks to the black Sabbaths to worship satan on October 31. They were guided by spirits in the form of black cats. The Druids worshiped cats believing them to be reincarnated evil people.

CHURCH INVOLVEMENT
This festival of death has survived all the efforts of the church to stamp it out. The church is joining the opposition by celebrating this festival.
All Saints Day became All Hallows Day. Hallow means holy or sacred. October 31 is the evening before All Hallows Day and came to be called in the western world all hallows evening and then all hallows een. Een is an abbreviation for evening. Finally, the word was reduced to the way we have it today, Halloween. That's where the name came from, and even if it is called all hallows evening, it has nothing to do with Christian faith, and it never did.

MODERN HALLOWEEN
Now let's look at the present day celebration of Halloween. Isn't the whole theme one of darkness, death, fear, threats, destruction and evil? There are witches, broomsticks, bats, owls, ghosts, skeletons, death, and monsters. You dress up your children as demons and witches and ghouls and monsters and werewolves and send them out into the street in the darkness to reenact the Druids' practice of demanding food from people under threat of tricks (or curses) if they don't comply.
You take, not a turnip, but a pumpkin and carve demon faces in it and decorate with it.
At Halloween there will be apple bobbing, divination, fortune telling, haunted houses, candles lit and spirits called up. There will be seances and Ouija boards in the name of fun and excitement. There will be sacrifices of dogs, cats, rats, chickens, goats and even humans!

You say, "Well, we don't take it seriously." But the devil does and so does Elohim. Particularly this is true when the Believers which He purchased with His own precious blood builds houses of horror in its fellowship halls so that the little lambs who have been entrusted to its care can be terrified and opened up to invading spirits of fear and torment and confusion.
How this must Grieve Elohim!
Scriptural References:
Hosea 4:6; Ezekiel 44:23; Deuteronomy 18:9-14; 7:25-26; James 1:27; II Corinthians 6:14; I Corinthians 10:19-23; I Thessalonians 5:21-23; Philippians 4:8.

Featured website

Please read this excellent link

http://www.jeremiahproject.com/culture/halloween.html

Website

Please read the Excellent Guest Page on the site. This page is changed weekly so please come back as often as you can

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/index.php?p=1_19_Guest-Page
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 11 Oct 2010, 12:04 pm

Do Not Be Offended
The word offend means to hurt,
annoy, anger, or cause resentful displeasure in a person, since we all
have this human flesh among us we all have been or have offended someone
over the years. You know, it does not matter how much you try to please
people, you can not please everyone, therefore, it is important that
you remain positive and keep doing what you are doing. The Bible says, Great
peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.
LORD, I have hoped for thy salvation, and done thy commandments. - Psalm 119:165,166.

When we follow our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ the things that use to
offend us shall come to pass and we learn that we are not as easily
offended. The truth is this, people get offended when they are living in
sin, another meaning for the word offend is to cause to fall into sinful ways. Jesus stresses the importance of humbling ourselves and removing the offensives in our lives, Verily
I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children,
ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall
humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the
kingdom of heaven. And whoso shall receive one such little child in my
name receiveth me. But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which
believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged
about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea. -Matthew 18:3-6.

Little children represent innocence and dependance, when we are little
children we are unaware of sin, we still have a sin nature, but we are
ignorant to the corruptible things that cause us to sin or offend
immorally, therefore, we are dependent upon our parents. God is our
Father, therefore, we are to humble ourselves as little children, become
dependent upon Him to remove the offenses, and receive Christ as our
Savior. Put
on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies,
kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; Forbearing one
another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against
any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye. - Colossians 3:12,13.

Even if we are saved that does not mean that we are never going to sin
again, there are many ways that we sin and are unaware that it is sin,
things such as being slothful, overeating, gossiping, and even doubting
God are sin as well. Sin is sin in the eyes of God and causes serious
consequences, for instance, gossip can seriously wreck a persons life,
therefore, Jesus warns against offending people. Woe
unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences
come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!...Take
heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you,
That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which
is in heaven. For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost. Matthew 18:7,11.

Christ came into the world to save lost souls, and He will stop anyone
who interferes with those who are trying to find Him. Considering the
cunning and malice of Satan and the weakness and depravity of the heart,
we are going to offend from time to time. God allows Satan to send
temptations our way in order to teach us and show us that we need to be
dependent upon Him in every area of our lives. There will be
temptations, persecutors, and even bad examples constantly trying to
hinder our relationship with God, but we must on constant guard as well.
Put
on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the
wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but
against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the
darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. - Ephesians 6:11,12.

Christ will save anyone who comes to Him, of course, not everyone will
come to Him, but all are encouraged. Jesus explained why some people
will not enter God's kingdom, even if they are serving God. And,
behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I
do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why callest
thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt
enter into life, keep the commandments. ...The young man saith unto him,
All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? Jesus
said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and
give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and
follow me. But when the young man heard that saying, he went away
sorrowful: for he had great possessions. Then said Jesus unto his
disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter
into the kingdom of heaven. And again I say unto you, It is easier for a
camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter
into the kingdom of God. When his disciples heard it, they were
exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? But Jesus beheld
them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all
things are possible.-Matthew 18:16-18,20- 26.

God has no problem giving His children money, He knows it is a
necessity, however, He also knows that the more we have the less we rely
on Him. A person that is born into money or has gotten it outside of
God's will rarely seeks help from God, oh, they may go to church, give
tithes, and even volunteer once in a while, but they rely on the
material things they have gotten instead of God. I have this friend at
church who grew up in church all her life, she said that sometimes it is
hard for her to understand the blessings that God gives her because she
never had to experience life without God in it. Well, the same thing
rings true for those who have everything without God in their lives. The
only way we are going to see God's blessings is first, by knowing and
accepting Christ into our lives and second, learning to acknowledge and
depend on Him in every area of our lives, even when things seem to be
going well. Charge
them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor
trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly
all things to enjoy; - I Timothy 6:17.

Many people rely on works to get them to heaven and sadly they are
being taught that they can lose their salvation unless they pay a
certain amount of money or live a certain way. This is false, there is
only one way to heaven and salvation and that is Jesus Christ. Jesus is
the only way to heaven and it is available to all whether they have been
born as a Christian of just became one a second before they died. To
explain this Jesus gives a parable about an employer of his vineyard, And
when he had agreed with the labourers for a penny a day, he sent them
into his vineyard. And he went out about the third hour, and saw others
standing idle in the marketplace, And said unto them; Go ye also into
the vineyard, and whatsoever is right I will give you. And they went
their way. Again he went out about the sixth and ninth hour, and did
likewise. And about the eleventh hour he went out, and found others
standing idle, and saith unto them, Why stand ye here all the day
idle?...But he answered one of them, and said, Friend, I do thee no
wrong: didst not thou agree with me for a penny? Take that thine is, and
go thy way: I will give unto this last, even as unto thee....So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen. -Matthew 20:2-6,13-14, 16.

Every time the man came out to see how his employees were doing he saw
more people looking for work, the same agreement applied to them,
therefore, all would receive a penny a day regardless of how long or how
much they worked. The moral of the story is this, some people will
receive Christ and serve Him early in their lives, some will later, and
some will just receive Him and that is all they will do, but every
person who calls on Jesus to save them, regardless of whether or not
they serve Him receives the same gift and opportunity of eternal life as
the rest of us. That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe
in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be
saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the
mouth confession is made unto salvation... .For whosoever shall call
upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. - Romans 10:9,10,13. Praise God!
Enjoy the rest of your day/night and have a great weekend.
God Bless You, I am praying for you
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 18 Sep 2010, 4:32 pm

Then the moon will darken

John 9:4 - I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

From the start, I have been always specifying there are different levels of Bible study and the Holy Spirit teaches us through these levels to help us grow in knowledge and understanding of the Kingdom of God. It starts with Bible Commentaries (context of the scriptures), Bible Cross References (connecting scripture with scriptures), Word Study (Studying each word and its properties / rendering) and then comes a world not understandable to common man (the unwise) it includes various ways of study like Image Study (most of the Bible is written like a Metaphor), Bible Numerics (the languages used to record the scriptures has numerical properties / numbers play an very important part in understanding Kingdom of Heaven), Music notes (each and every Psalm of the book of Psalms can be played like a song and gives a feeling of its content) etc...

One of the areas the Lord has been building me strongly is in Image Study. In scriptures we see everything the Lord created was in an image. The Lord did this so that we can understand all that is beyond our ability. When Jesus spoke in parables to teach about the Kingdom of God it seem very simple, but even unto today since 2000 years people are still discovering more and more of those few simple lines. God has created all things in spiritual images so that we living in this natural world can understand things of the spirit world. We cannot understand or imagine even simple things like what spirit is for example the Hebrew word translated as spirit means 'breath'. Spirit does not mean air, nor does it mean the gases we breathe in and out.

Putting the whole of creation in short and simple words, we all have one task as Christians working in the Lord's vineyard and that is to fulfill scriptures. God has written the story and defines parameters to this story, what is kept as a variable is our choice to be on the better part of it (that is to enter Heaven) and how much benefit are we going to take in this story so that we enter Heaven rich. Jesus Christ made the first part possible and the Holy Spirit helps in the second part.

The interesting part comes is that the number (quantity) of the harvest is already defined and the number of workers in getting this harvest is also defined. Also defined is the time period in which this harvest will be taken.

Now the catch is - are we going to choose to be just the harvest or a worker of the harvest? If we are going to be a worker then how much of this harvest are we going to collect?

Understand when a farmer reaps his harvest he cuts almost the whole plant including stem, corn and leaves. Later the stems, leaves and parts of the corn excluding the seeds are all discarded; only the seeds count at the end. When we are harvesting, are we harvesting more seeds or only all that which will be discarded?

Ask yourself even if you have a large congregation of people, how many of them will pass through the test of fire on the Judgment Day? Therefore the Lord always emphasizes more on quality then quantity.

Now coming to today's message, Jesus is telling us of a time when there will be no workers of the vineyard. In scriptures just before the end time comes it talks of the moon being darkened.

The sun symbolized Christ, the moon a Man of God and a star symbolizes Angel. Moon does not have its own light but reflects the light of the sun. Moon and star worshipers are actually man and Angel worshipers. Star of David symbolizes the Seed of David which is Christ. Ironically the Jews literally worship it but deny Whom it symbolizes. Similarly the Muslims literally worship Mohammed without knowing, their whole belief is guided by the moon (the Kabah - the shrine of Islam was and still is a temple of moon gods).

Let us open our spiritual eyes and not be deceived in spirit. Let us enlighten ourselves by the Word of God which is completed in Christ and unfolded unto us by His Spirit. Let each of us understand our purpose and take full account of what we do today so that our tomorrow (eternal life in Heaven) will be better for we receive in Heaven according to our harvest.

[Prayer Starter]
Lord, we pray for the workers of the vineyard and for our harvest. You are the Lord of the harvest. It is only by You and through You that we receive our harvest. Lord, we pray that we do loose our harvest due to our carnal minds and lack of understanding of your Instructions...

This prayer we make in Jesus' Name, Amen.

[Reference Scriptures]
Isaiah 28:9-11(words added for readability has been removed)
9 Whom will he teach knowledge? and whom will he make to understand the message? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts?
10 For it is precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, there a little.
11 Nay, but by strange lips and with another tongue will he speak to this people;

Genesis 1:25-27
25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Genesis 2:7
7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Matthew 5:17-18
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Ezekiel 23:7-9
7 And when I shall extinguish thee, I will cover the heavens, and make the stars thereof dark; I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon shall not give its light.
8 All the bright lights of heaven will I make dark over thee, and set darkness upon thy land, saith the Lord Jehovah.
9 I will also vex the hearts of many peoples, when I shall bring thy destruction among the nations, into the countries which thou hast not known.

Daniel 12:8-13 (words added for readability has been removed)
8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what the end of these?
9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words closed up and sealed till the time of the end.
10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.
11 And from the time that the daily [continually / evermore - referring to the Holy Spirit] shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, a thousand two hundred and ninety days.
12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.
13 But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 16 Sep 2010, 12:55 pm

Deliver the poor from the wicked

Psalm 82:3-6
3 Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.
4 Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.
5 They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.
6 I have said, Ye are gods[powerful]; and all of you are children of the most High.

In wildlife we have a food chain wherein the more ferocious animals prey on the weaker animals. In the same way we have a chain in the spirit world. The wicket in spirit prey on those poor in spirit; while in the Kingdom of God those who are strong in spirit work for those who are weak in spirit.

As we spiritually mature, we Christians are expected to work for the poor people. This does not mean we start social service centers. We need to understand one thing Jesus did love the poor and so did the Apostles but their main aim was not to feed their physical bodies but to feed their spiritual bodies. No doubt basic physical needs need to be met but more concentration should be given to the spiritual needs.

'Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach him to fish and you feed him forever'.

Understand God has already provided us our needs but because we are weak in spirit we do not receive it, spiritually building a person poor in spirit will allow him to receive his provision. It is the misguided in spirit who concentrate on just the physical needs of the poor.

The Lord says the poor are exploited by the wicket because they lack understanding of who they are. God calls his people powerful (like little gods) because his people are children of the Most High God and the glory of God surrounds his children.

When sin came, all that God created as good got disrupted. It is only when we forgive, heal and nourish the spirit man will we be able to bring this creation back to the way God created it.

We as Christians are at war with the wicket in spirit snatching away the poor from their hands and making them know they are powerful. Making them know they are sons of God and bringing back the image of God in them.

[Prayer Starter]
Lord, the wicket are destroying and exploiting the poor in spirit. Lord, You being almighty humbled yourself and became lower in spirit so that You could deliver us, heal us and feed us so as to lift us up and make us know how rich we were in spirit. Lord, You made us Sons and even though we hold unlimited wealth we act like beggars due to lack of understanding. Open our minds O Lord and alp us reach out to others so that your glory be found among your children...

We make this prayer in Jesus' Name, Amen.

[Reference Scriptures]
Genesis 1:25
25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Romans 8:16-22
16 The Spirit himself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are children of God:
17 and if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified with him.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed to us-ward.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creation waiteth for the revealing of the sons of God.
20 For the creation was subjected to vanity, not of its own will, but by reason of him who subjected it, in hope
21 that the creation itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the liberty of the glory of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

Colossians 1:9-17
9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray and make request for you, that ye may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding,
10 to walk worthily of the Lord unto all pleasing, bearing fruit in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;
11 strengthened with all power, according to the might of his glory, unto all patience and longsuffering with joy;
12 giving thanks unto the Father, who made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light;
13 who delivered us out of the power of darkness, and translated us into the kingdom of the Son of his love;
14 in whom we have our redemption, the forgiveness of our sins:
15 who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation;
16 for in him were all things created, in the heavens and upon the earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been created through him, and unto him;
17 and he is before all things, and in him all things consist.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 15 Sep 2010, 8:25 am

Welcome to Spirit Steps

What a joy it is to share with you once again. As we start chapter 4. I hope you are blessed and encouraged.

Please take time to view the featured page links at the bottom of this message, you will be blessed. If this message has blessed you, then please share it with others.

Thanks

Keith

Acts 4

1AND WHILE they [Peter and John] were talking to the people, the high priests and the military commander of the temple and the Sadducees came upon them,

2Being vexed and indignant through and through because they were teaching the people and proclaiming in [the case of] Jesus the resurrection from the dead.

3So they laid hands on them (arrested them) and put them in prison until the following day, for it was already evening.

4But many of those who heard the message believed (adhered to and trusted in and relied on Jesus as the Christ). And their number grew and came to about 5,000.

Peter and John had just finished preaching and teaching about Jesus and now comes the backlash.

The apostles have had success after success, but now the Jewish authorities were getting worried.

You know when ever the gospel is powerfully preached in it's purest form, the religious authorities, will always start to cause problems. The established order, will never like it's position, upset and will seek to wreck the true preaching of the Gospel.

We need to be aware that opposition, will come. Look at verse 2.

The temple authorities and the High Priest, were furious, that these things were happening. I expect, their thinking, was that they had got rid of Jesus, and now here were the Apostles, proclaiming the truth about Jesus. Note what it was that was making them angry.

It was the preaching that Jesus was risen from the Dead. This is what makes the difference.. in every other religion.. their prophets are dead.. but in Christianity. . Jesus is alive.. Amen

Note that the Opposition, did not stop the spread of the Gospel. Even more people than the day of Pentecost, were saved and transformed by the Power of God

We need to realise that the Gospel, will upset the established order, but that must never stop us preaching, Christ Crucified and Risen again... amen

God bless you

Keith

Featured Website

Please read the website of Cue4christ. A website for Christian Pool Players
[url=http://www.cue4chri st.com/mainpage. html]http://www.cue4chri st.com/mainpage. html[/url]

Featured website Link
Please read about some of the Great Saints of God, in days past. These wer men and women, who did great things for God Daniel 11:32
[url=http://www.ourchurc h.com/member/ f/faithhopelove/ index.php? p=1_5_Faith- movers]http://www.ourchurc h.com/member/ f/faithhopelove/ index.php? p=1_5_Faith- movers[/url]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 15 Sep 2010, 7:33 am

In that day every pot with be holy

Zachariah 14:21 - Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the LORD of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein: and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the LORD of hosts.

In the Bible the Hebrew word 'Yowm' translated as day actually means a period of time not just a 24hr period.

The Lord id saying at the end every pot will be holy and those who do not know Lord will do so from them. The Lord also says that there will be no Canaanite in the House of the Lord of hosts.

Do we know of any Canaanite existing now, so is it that this prophesy will not be fulfilled?

The word 'Canaanite' comes from the root meaning 'lowland'. It refers to spiritual person not earthly person. When God promised the generations of Abraham the land of the Canaanites it did not truly refer to the earthly land. Abraham hardly entered this land yet he was please when he slept.

The land promised to the generations of Abraham was the Heavenly place previously occupied by the fallen angels. The word pot used here refers to people not earthen vessels.

When the Dead Sea Scrolls were found in one of the scrolls was written the best place to keep the scriptures is earthen vessels anointed with oil until the day of (second) coming of Jesus Christ. Paul in his letters states we are the earthen vessels.

We become holy when we have the Word of God living in us.

Just a few days back a large part of our team which is organizing the Blazing Youth Revival at Daund near Pune went for a site visit by train. Each one of the team is a worker in the Lord's vineyard. They are leaders of churches or ministries or at the back-end supporting and building churches. All these Men and Women of God were humbled when a hawker selling wares on the train came and shared his testimony with us. We could see the awesome glory of God in his life. The only reason was that he had made the Word his life and not part of his life.

All of us do not see the awesome glory of God because we have made Lord a part of our life not our lives. We give a portion of our time and all that we have. We limit the Lord in our lives. It is only when we give the complete of us to the Lord will we see the glory of God fill our lives and we become holy vessels unto the Lord and people will know the Lord when they see us, like they did when they saw Jesus.

[Prayer Starter]
Lord God, You made us of your image but sin destroyed this image in us. Lord, You came as man and by your Spirit You made way for man to get back your image in us. Help us Lord to experience your glory completely overwhelming us. Let the people around us who do not know You see You in us and experience your power and beauty through us...

[Reference Scriptures]
2 Corinthians 4:7-10
7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the exceeding greatness of the power may be of God, and not from ourselves;
8 we are pressed on every side, yet not straitened; perplexed, yet not unto despair;
9 pursued, yet not forsaken; smitten down, yet not destroyed;
10 always bearing about in the body the dying of Jesus, that the life also of Jesus may be manifested in our body.

Featured Website

There are many brilliant articles on this page. Please make use of them

http://www.victorious.org/

Featured Website Link

Please read on this page, how Jesus can become your sure Foundation
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 14 Sep 2010, 10:24 am

Welcome to Spirit Steps

We continue through chapter 4, I do hope you are enjoying reading the studies as much as I enjoy writing them

Please take time to view the links at the bottom of this message. They have many wonderful articles, to grow your faith

Also if you wish to pass these messages on, then please do so. If you want to print them out and use them for any type of ministry/bible study, then please feel free to do so. The word of God says freely you have received, freely give

Thanks

God bless you

Keith

Acts 4

5Then on the following day, their magistrates and elders and scribes were assembled in Jerusalem,
6Including Annas the high priest and Caiaphas and John and Alexander and all others who belonged to the high priestly relationship.
7And they set the men in their midst and repeatedly demanded, By what sort of power or by what kind of authority did [such people as] you do this [healing]?
8Then Peter, [because he was] filled with [and controlled by] the Holy Spirit, said to them, Rulers of the people and members of the council (the Sanhedrin),
9If we are being put on trial [here] today and examined concerning a good deed done to benefit a feeble (helpless) cripple, by what means this man has been restored to health,
10Let it be known and understood by all of you, and by the whole house of Israel, that in the name and through the power and authority of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, Whom you crucified, [but] Whom God raised from the dead, in Him and by means of Him this man is standing here before you well and sound in body.
11This [Jesus] is the Stone which was despised and rejected by you, the builders, but which has become the Head of the corner [the Cornerstone]

Peter and John, had been arrested, after the power of God was shown in the healing of the crippled man. That must of been a long night, for both of them and also for the fledgling church. I don't know for certain, but probably the apostles and the church spent large parts of that night in prayer. When problems occur and persecution happens, it should drive the church and us as individuals to our knees.. amen.

I just love verse 8. Peter was filled and controlled by the Holy Spirit. He didn't rant or get flustered. He was totally under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Surely, this is an example to us, when we come under scrutiny. We need to be filled comstantly, with the power and boldness of the Holy Spirit Ephesians 5:18

I wonder if Peter, remembered the words of Jesus in Matthew 28:18-20, when HE said ' all authority is given unto me'. We do things in the authority and in the name of Jesus, we preach the gospel, in the power of His Spirit. Although, we are told to be in subjection to authorities and governments, they sometimes set down restrictions, that stop the preaching and sharing of the gospel, when this happens, our first duty, is to share the gospel. We need to obey God rather than Man
In verse 10, as usual, he gave all the glory for the healing to his Saviour. The Apostles, were not seeking to put themselves forward. They were not seeking recognition for themselves. Maybe some of the so called pastors and preachers, who go around today, have something to learn from Peter

In his first Epistle, Peter wrote on suffering for the Gospel and giving an answer for your faith. When he wrote this epistle, I wonder if his mind was looking back to his conversation here

1 Peter 3
13Now who is there to hurt you if you are [d]zealous followers of that which is good?
14But even in case you should suffer for the sake of righteousness, [you are] blessed (happy, to be envied). Do not dread or be afraid of their threats, nor be disturbed [by their opposition].
15But in your hearts set Christ apart as holy [and acknowledge Him] as Lord. Always be ready to give a logical defense to anyone who asks you to account for the hope that is in you, but do it courteously and respectfully.
16[And see to it that] your conscience is entirely clear ([e]unimpaired), so that, when you are falsely accused as evildoers, those who threaten you abusively and revile your right behavior in Christ may come to be ashamed [of slandering your good lives].
17For [it is] better to suffer [unjustly] for doing right, if that should be God's will, than to suffer [justly] for doing wrong.
Jesus, the one, who the authorities had rejected, was now and is the Head of the Church. He alone is our Divine foundation

Let us rejoice that Jesus is our sure foundation.. amen

If you do not know Jesus as your sure foundation. I invite you to visit the page at the bottom of this message, to find out, how you can trust Him and Him alone for salvation.

God bless you

Keith

Featured Website

There are many brilliant articles on this page. Please make use of them

http://www.victorious.org/

Featured Website Link

Please read on this page, how Jesus can become your sure Foundation
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 12 Sep 2010, 12:30 pm

God judges His leaders first

Psalm 82:1,2 - God takes His stand in His own congregation; He judges in the midst of [within] the rulers. How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.

In the Bible we see in some places in the book of Psalms this word 'Selah' added to the end of the scripture. In Hebrew script there was no way in adding bold or italics to the text so as to highlight or show importance to the script the word Selah was put at the end of the sentence. Thus those scriptures which have that word needs to understood properly and taken very seriously.

Lots of people want to stand on the podium and preach, or they want to be Pastors or group leaders. They do not understand that not only are they first targets in the line of attack by Satan but also they are the first to be judged by the Lord.

In today's message the Lord says He is more concern of His congregation (Church) than other people of this world. And of the people of His congregation He judges first the rulers or those whom He has set as leaders.

The main points which the Lord gives importance to is about being unjust and compromising His Holiness.

We need to know as leaders that all His people are loved by the Lord impartially. He does stretch His hand to those who require mercy more like the poor, orphans, widows, sick, disabled etc. and that is expected also of us. But being partial according to status, richness, beauty etc. is what He dislikes.

Another factor which the Lord is very stern about is compromising His Holiness. Many Church leaders will not mind standing on a stage with the wicket as long as they get the stage. They would mind 'white lies' so as to enable them to get more funds to enlarge their ministries. There are many examples I can give and they will go on and on.

Leaders need to realize when we are preaching of a Living God Who is all knowing and all seeing, why then is there no fear of Him in us. Do we think He is blind to us but seeing to all others?

As leaders we carry great responsibility for we carry His Name and represent Him unto others. We may be weak He will strength us; but if we deliberately do mischief and say we are weak, we are considering God a fool.

God is very possessive of His people are more possessive of His Name for He is a Holy God and Holy is His Name. In yesterday's message too He did say if we cannot keep His Name Holy by discarding all our idols then we should not stand in His Name.

[Prayer Starter]
Lord God, You are Holy and all the Heaven cries 'Holy Holy Holy' unto You unceasingly. Your glory fills the Heavens and earth. Your people are loved by You and You have shown us how much You loved them in your Word. Lord we pray for all the Watchmen / Shepherds You have set over your people that they walk according to your ways as shown in Jesus Christ…

--
SavedByFaith.info
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 10 Sep 2010, 12:54 pm

Welcome to Spirit Steps

What a joy it is to share with you once again. As we start chapter 4. I hope you are blessed and encouraged .

Please take time to view the featured page links at the bottom of this message, you will be blessed. If this message has blessed you, then please share it with others.

Thanks

Keith

Acts 4

1AND WHILE they [Peter and John] were talking to the people, the high priests and the military commander of the temple and the Sadducees came upon them,

2Being vexed and indignant through and through because they were teaching the people and proclaiming in [the case of] Jesus the resurrection from the dead.

3So they laid hands on them (arrested them) and put them in prison until the following day, for it was already evening.

4But many of those who heard the message believed (adhered to and trusted in and relied on Jesus as the Christ). And their number grew and came to about 5,000.

Peter and John had just finished preaching and teaching about Jesus and now comes the backlash.

The apostles have had success after success, but now the Jewish authorities were getting worried.

You know when ever the gospel is powerfully preached in it's purest form, the religious authorities, will always start to cause problems. The established order, will never like it's position, upset and will seek to wreck the true preaching of the Gospel.

We need to be aware that opposition, will come. Look at verse 2.

The temple authorities and the High Priest, were furious, that these things were happening. I expect, their thinking, was that they had got rid of Jesus, and now here were the Apostles, proclaiming the truth about Jesus. Note what it was that was making them angry.

It was the preaching that Jesus was risen from the Dead. This is what makes the difference.. in every other religion.. their prophets are dead.. but in Christianity.. Jesus is alive.. Amen

Note that the Opposition, did not stop the spread of the Gospel. Even more people than the day of Pentecost, were saved and transformed by the Power of God

We need to realise that the Gospel, will upset the established order, but that must never stop us preaching, Christ Crucified and Risen again... amen

God bless you

Keith

Featured Website

Please read the website of Cue4christ. A website for Christian Pool Players

http://www.cue4christ.com/mainpage.html

Featured website Link

Please read about some of the Great Saints of God, in days past. These wer men and women, who did great things for God Daniel 11:32

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 08 Sep 2010, 7:38 am

My dear brothers and sisters, the Word of God, never ceases to amaze me. We can read and re- read a passage and still we can learn something new. We must never lose the wonder of the word of God. I always think of it, as my own personal gold mine, hope you do too.

Please take time to view the featured page links at the bottom of this message, they will truly bless you.

Please pass on this message to all your contacts and friends.

Thanks and God bless you as you read this message

Your friend

Keith

Philippians 4

4 Rejoice in the Lord always [delight, gladden yourselves in Him]; again I say, Rejoice!
5 Let all men know and perceive and recognize your unselfishness (your considerateness, your forbearing spirit). The Lord is near [He is coming soon].
6 Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition ([b]definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God.
7 And God's peace [shall be yours, that [c]tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace] which transcends all understanding shall [d]garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
8 For the rest, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is worthy of reverence and is honorable and seemly, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely and lovable, whatever is kind and winsome and gracious, if there is any virtue and excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think on and weigh and take account of these things [fix your minds on them].
9 Practice what you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, and model your way of living on it, and the God of peace (of [e]untroubled, undisturbed well-being) will be with you.

I just felt the Lord lay these verses upon my heart. I do hope that you are blessed by what I am sharing with you.

This is a glorious passage to Paul's favourite church and he starts it by declaring that the Church is to rejoice and not only does he say it once.. he says it again. I am sure he is trying to make a point here.

We are to do only one thing and that is to obey scripture, we are not to try to figure out some deeper meaning.. scripture is there to be obeyed. So let me ask you this.. are you rejoicing in your christian life and if not.. why not?

Verse 5 is great.. all men are to see our love and understanding. You know Christian love between brethren is completely different.. it is unique. And we are to show it to the world, it is our privilege and joy to do this. Are you showing the world:

Your forbearing Spirit verse 5
That the Lord is near verse 5

One way we can do this is by bringing people within the body of Christ into deeper unity and fellowship, like in verses 2-3.

You know we may not agree on everything, but we are to work together and serve each other, and that is not just inside of our own church or denomination, it is outside of these man made barriers.

We often think of verse 6 as a promise, but it is really a command, read it very carefully. Put simply whatever happens to us, through the day, whatever situation we are in, our first thought, must be to cry out 'Abba Father'.

We need to go straight to the top, not to our prayer lists , not to our friends on the phone, those are all good and right, but God wants you to take it straight to him.

As it says in 1 Peter 5:

7 Casting the [c]whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, [d]once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you [e]watchfully.

God wants you to tell him everything, he already knows your heart, but he wants to hear it from you and yes he must hear it first from your lips. We so often go to our friends, prayer lists etc, and then take it to The Father as an afterthought. Take it to Throne, before the phone.

What happens when we do this, well the peace of God, which is completely beyond our understanding, comes into our lives.

Here is the secret to peace in the Christian life. Look at the disciples in the boat on the Sea of Galilee, they tried everything before waking Jesus, it is only when we come to the throne of Grace, that we find the peace that is totally above anything we can imagine or understand.

Another secret is to be thankful, yes thankful. Not only, that we have a loving Father, that we can go to, but also we are to thank Him for the answers. Because, then we are acting in faith. We cannot see the answer, but we believe it is there Hebrews 11:1

I love what it says about garrisoning and keeping watch over our hearts, isn't that awesome. That peace never leaves us.

Verses 8-9 tell us what we must focus on in our lives.

Let me give you a few examples of Good things to Focus on

The Word of God Colossians 3:16 and Psalm 119
The beauty of creation Psalm 19
The Example of believers like Paul in Verse 9- look at the promise if you do!!!
Biographies of Good Christian saints such as Hudson Taylor, Robert Murray Mccheyne and CT Studd

You know my friends, I have just skimmed the surface, have just shared what the Lord would have me share. I hope you are blessed. I don't know who I am writing for, but whoever it is, may you be touched to follow our wonderful Saviour in a deeper and fuller way

In His service

Keith

Featured website

Please pray and support of this ministry, which is seeking to reach out to the country of Iran

http://www.iranchristians.org/index.shtml

Featured Website Link

Please check out the home page of the site, which has my testimony on it. Also it has some wonderful music and great preaching by Paul Washer among others

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum: