World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 27 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 27 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
Source:- GOOD NEWS - Page 14 EmptyToday at 1:57 am by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Source:- GOOD NEWS - Page 14 EmptyToday at 1:44 am by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Source:- GOOD NEWS - Page 14 EmptyToday at 1:32 am by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
Source:- GOOD NEWS - Page 14 EmptyToday at 1:32 am by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Source:- GOOD NEWS - Page 14 EmptyToday at 12:59 am by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Source:- GOOD NEWS - Page 14 EmptyToday at 12:28 am by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Source:- GOOD NEWS - Page 14 EmptyToday at 12:17 am by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Source:- GOOD NEWS - Page 14 EmptyYesterday at 10:42 pm by Admin

» Year of the Death of Jesus
Source:- GOOD NEWS - Page 14 EmptyYesterday at 10:27 pm by Admin

» AISH
Source:- GOOD NEWS - Page 14 EmptyYesterday at 10:01 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Source:- GOOD NEWS - Page 14 EmptyYesterday at 9:59 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Source:- GOOD NEWS - Page 14 EmptyYesterday at 9:23 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
Source:- GOOD NEWS - Page 14 EmptyYesterday at 9:07 pm by Admin

» israelAM
Source:- GOOD NEWS - Page 14 EmptyYesterday at 9:04 pm by Admin

» WHY DID GOD CREATE EVIL
Source:- GOOD NEWS - Page 14 EmptyYesterday at 4:36 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Source:- GOOD NEWS - Page 14 EmptyYesterday at 2:37 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Source:- GOOD NEWS - Page 14 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024, 11:18 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Source:- GOOD NEWS - Page 14 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024, 9:54 pm by Admin

» Pressure from UN Threats
Source:- GOOD NEWS - Page 14 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:45 pm by Admin

» Ship that obliterated Baltimore bridge
Source:- GOOD NEWS - Page 14 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:44 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Source:- GOOD NEWS

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Source:- GOOD NEWS - Page 14 Empty Re: Source:- GOOD NEWS

Post  Admin Sat 14 Aug 2010, 12:50 pm

Our Redeemer
Out of all the people in the world who consider themselves Christians, how many actually know what it means to be a Christian. Being a Christian is not about going to church, trying to be good, and helping others less fortunate than us. The key word within the word is Christ, to be a Christian, one needs Christ. If you from the bottom of your heart believe in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ and confessed to Him that you are a sinner and asked Him to save you than you are a Christian. If you have never asked Jesus to save you than you are not and all that work you have been trying to do is getting you no where.“That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.� - Romans 10:9,10. This is nothing new, it has always been in the Bible. False religions and doctrine try to change this, but no matter what they try they can not hide the truth and are deceiving all who believe them. It is sad when I get people telling me that they believe by their religion they are going to heaven or that heaven and hell do not even exist. The truth is, heaven and hell are real, Jesus is the only way to heaven, and anyone who has not personally called on Him to save them, if they died today, would be in hell. “He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.� - Revelation 21:7,8.
You know, the sad thing about all this is that good people truly do think that if they do enough good that it will save them, but being good does not save us, Jesus saves us. We think that Jesus is someone who just came around a couple thousand years ago, but the truth is, Jesus was around before God created the heavens and earth and He is still around. Even the Israelites knew of Jesus, known by them as the Messiah. Jesus was, is and will always be our Savior. Through Isaiah God reveals to all, not just Israel, that He was making a way for us to be redeemed without paying for it. “Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean. Shake thyself from the dust; arise, and sit down, O Jerusalem: loose thyself from the bands of thy neck, O captive daughter of Zion. For thus saith the LORD, Ye have sold yourselves for nought; and ye shall be redeemed without money....The LORD hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.� - Isaiah 52:1-3,10. When God speaks of Zion and Jerusalem, He is speaking of all nations. Jerusalem being the holy city, while Zion is the hill where the Temple was built and will be the final destination for all believers .
Isaiah continues and reveals the coming of Jesus and how He would be rejected, persecuted, and suffer for the sins of everyone, “For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed....Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand. He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.� - Isaiah 53:2-5,10-12. Jesus became our intercessor, the one who would sacrifice His life, just as a sin offering was given to redeem a person, to save us from our transgressions (sins). Jesus was perfect and sinless and God allowed Him to die for the sins of all of us, people think that God would not send a person who tries to be good to hell, but no matter how good one tries to be we have sin in us, therefore, unless one knows Jesus personally they will end up in hell when they die.
God is not trying to send people to hell, He loves everyone and wants to see all of us in heaven, but He will not save anyone who does not want to be saved. “For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee. In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer....And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children. In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee....No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.� - Isaiah 54:7,8,13,14,17. A redeemer is someone to make amends for, to pay off, or to recover possession or ownership of by payment of a price or service. Jesus is our Redeemer, He paid the price for our sins by dying for us. Before Jesus, Satan has possession of our soul, but the second we call on Jesus he no longer owns our soul, it is free and on it's way to heaven when the body dies. Praise God!
Christ suffered and died on the cross in our place and conquered death by His resurrection. It was on the cross He revealed His love and made the supreme sacrifice so each one of us could receive forgiveness for our sins. “Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness. Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David. Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, a leader and commander to the people. Behold, thou shalt call a nation that thou knowest not, and nations that knew not thee shall run unto thee because of the LORD thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel; for he hath glorified thee. Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.� - Isaiah 55:1-7. All we have to do to be free from our sin and go to heaven is call on Jesus. He is our Redeemer and the only one who can save us and pardon us. Think about it. If a person was drowning and did not call for help the lifeguard would not see him drowning until it was too late. It is only by yelling and calling for help that he would be saved. The same thing applies to eternal life, if we want to be saved from hell we need to call on Jesus. He is our only life preserver. Praise God that He loved us so much that He sent Jesus and gave Him up to save all of us, but to be saved we must first call Him.
Enjoy the rest of your day/night and week.
God Bless You, I am praying for you
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 13 Aug 2010, 9:08 am

God's Free Will
Perhaps one of the most amazing gifts we can ever receive from God, apart from sending Jesus, is the gift of free will. While God knows already who will and will not follow Him from the time we are conceived, He still gives us the choice to choose Him. Now, often you will hear the world, especially people we use to hang out with, say something like, "You are brain washed" Believing in God is not being brain washed, it is predestined, we are all born with the knowledge of God, but we allow circumstances and false doctrine alter our perception of Him. People are more willing to believe that they evolved over billions of years rather than believe the truth. In fact, no matter what people go through they are more likely to believe the lie that the truth. Did you ever have someone accuse you of something that was not true? This is the same situation. Instead of trying to hide your faith, embrace it. Who cares what people think? It is God that we have to please, not people and if they are any kind of friend they will respect that and see that we are not brain washed, but free. "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." - John 8:32. Praise God!

God is not forcing anyone to believe in Him and that is why some people will only remain as God's creation while others will become His very own children. Yes, there is a difference. God created everything living, but only those who believe in and accept Him and His Word can become His children. "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will," - Ephesians 1:3-5. When we believe in and accept Jesus Christ as our Savior we become one of God's children. Praise God!

God's free will allow us to test the spirits, He says, go ahead, seek help from all the false gods, idols, and astrologers out there and see what they will do for you. Through Isiah God addresses those who believe in all of these things, "For thou hast trusted in thy wickedness: thou hast said, None seeth me. Thy wisdom and thy knowledge, it hath perverted thee; and thou hast said in thine heart, I am, and none else beside me. Therefore shall evil come upon thee; thou shalt not know from whence it riseth: and mischief shall fall upon thee; thou shalt not be able to put it off: and desolation shall come upon thee suddenly, which thou shalt not know. Stand now with thine enchantments, and with the multitude of thy sorceries, wherein thou hast laboured from thy youth; if so be thou shalt be able to profit, if so be thou mayest prevail. Thou art wearied in the multitude of thy counsels. Let now the astrologers, the stargazers, the monthly prognosticators, stand up, and save thee from these things that shall come upon thee. Behold, they shall be as stubble; the fire shall burn them; they shall not deliver themselves from the power of the flame: there shall not be a coal to warm at, nor fire to sit before it. Thus shall they be unto thee with whom thou hast laboured, even thy merchants, from thy youth: they shall wander every one to his quarter; none shall save thee."- Isaiah 47:10-15. God will not share Himself with any other god. If you are going to choose God He expects you to commit only to Him. He will not take anyone away from their choice, but He will welcome all who come to Him, even if they followed other gods for a while.

I will tell you there was a time in my life when I was so far from God that I tested those spirits one time, I use to read tarot cards and often recited chants to them. I even convinced myself that it was from God, in reality it was from the devil. All it took for me to see that it was evil was for one of those chants to come true. I was so scared that I threw everything away and vowed to never recite anything, but a Bible verse ever again. And now, I not only am forgiven and a child of God, I am also a testimony proving that only God can change our lives in a positive, good, and prosperous way. You see, God may become angry with us from time to time and we will suffer for our actions, but it is through the affliction that we learn we need God and just how loving and forgiving He is. God continues through Isaiah, "And now, saith the LORD that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the LORD, and my God shall be my strength. And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth. Thus saith the LORD, the Redeemer of Israel, and his Holy One, to him whom man despiseth, to him whom the nation abhorreth, to a servant of rulers, Kings shall see and arise, princes also shall worship, because of the LORD that is faithful, and the Holy One of Israel, and he shall choose thee." - Isaiah 49:5-7. God will bring blessings out of suffering and triumph out of tragedy for every child of God, but the key is to go to Him and ask Him for forgiveness.

Jesus Said, "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you." - John 15:13-16. Jesus assures us that all who believe in Him and call on Him are not servants, but His friends. What better friend to have then our Lord, Savior, and Brother, Jesus Christ. Praise God!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 12 Aug 2010, 7:21 pm

Abide in Christ
As Christians, no matter how strong we are in our faith we still underestimate the love and power of our Almighty God. God truly wants the best for us, often we just do not know what that is and confuse our own will with God's will. This is where God will bring affliction and we think it is a punishment, but in reality it is only Him trying to show us what is best for us. Jesus Said, "If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you." - John 15:7. To abide means to remain or dwell with, in other words Jesus is saying, "If you remain with Me, My Words (God's Word) will remain with you and you will receive what you are asking. As we abide in Christ, we learn what God's will is and as we learn God's will Jesus will teach us what to ask for and we will receive it. Think about a child asking a parent for something, some things the child is just not able to have because it is not good for him. God is the same way with His children, He is not going to give us anything that is bad for us, but be careful, if we use our own will to get it, we can be sure affliction will come our way.

Abiding in Christ means that you are to live by every Word of God, this is where many people fall, no matter how many times it is stressed that we need to live by Every Word some one always tries to make an excuse as to why it is not necessary. While we are no longer subject to some of the laws given before Jesus came, the same morals and commands still apply. We are God's creation, formed in His image, therefore we are to honor and respect Him and everything He has to say to us. Through Isaiah God says, "But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee. Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honourable, and I have loved thee: therefore will I give men for thee, and people for thy life. Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west; I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth; Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him." - Isaiah 43:1-7. This is a vision of the coming of Christ, His seed that would be the One who would give His life for all. What are Egypt and Ethiopia, with all their lives and treasures, compared to the blood of Christ? True believers are precious in God's sight, His delight is in them, above any of His creation.

Just yesterday I was thinking about how people were saved before Jesus came and gave His life as a sacrifice to save us. An unblemished (without defects) animal took the place of the sinner and that animal was killed on the spot upon the altar and offered as the sacrifice. "And he shall lay his hand upon the head of the sin offering, and slay it for a sin offering in the place where they kill the burnt offering. And the priest shall take of the blood of the sin offering with his finger, and put it upon the horns of the altar of burnt offering, and shall pour out all the blood thereof at the bottom of the altar: And he shall take away all the fat thereof, as the fat of the lamb is taken away from the sacrifice of the peace offerings; and the priest shall burn them upon the altar, according to the offerings made by fire unto the LORD: and the priest shall make an atonement for his sin that he hath committed, and it shall be forgiven him." - Leviticus 4:33-35. Jesus took the place of all that and we do not need a priest to assist us, we can make an atonement for our sins simply by calling on Jesus (who is our high priest) and asking Him for forgiveness.

Even though God has control over all matters, every soul that is born and lives in the flesh has the free will to chose for themselves whether they will serve God, or Satan. He already knows our choice, He also knows who is true to Him and who is not. He made each and everyone of us and regardless of whether or not we choose to follow Him, He uses each person in some way to get His true and faithful to acknowledge Him, no matter how long it takes. "This people have I formed for myself; they shall shew forth my praise. But thou hast not called upon me, O Jacob; but thou hast been weary of me, O Israel. Thou hast not brought me the small cattle of thy burnt offerings; neither hast thou honoured me with thy sacrifices. I have not caused thee to serve with an offering, nor wearied thee with incense. Thou hast bought me no sweet cane with money, neither hast thou filled me with the fat of thy sacrifices: but thou hast made me to serve with thy sins, thou hast wearied me with thine iniquities. I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins. Put me in remembrance: let us plead together: declare thou, that thou mayest be justified." - Isaiah 43:21-26. When God forgives, He forgets. It is not for any thing in us, but for His mercies' sake, His promise' sake and especially for His Son's sake. We can do things the easy way, by accepting Christ and learning how to live our lives according to God's Word through Him. Or we can do things the hard way, by ignoring God's Will and suffer needless suffering until we realize we need Christ in our lives.

Of course, there are some things that God does that we will not understand, but this is where we have to follow our faith and trust in His judgment. Jesus said, "If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full...Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you." - John 15:10,11,16. As long as we keep abiding in Christ we will find joy, even though we do not always understand God's will. Praise God!

Enjoy the rest of your day/night and have a great week.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 09 Aug 2010, 11:24 am

From Babes to Adults in Christ
As Christians it can be hard to stand your ground and stay in the will of God, especially when adversity comes your way, but when you do, you realize just how awesome and mighty God is as He turns that adversity into triumph. Praise God! But all too often, this is where many Christians fall, they are just so ignorant to the Word of God that it keeps them out of the will of God. Why would that make a difference? If you do not know God's Word you will not be in His will because you would not know what His will is. "Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings, As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious." - I Peter 2:1-3. It is God's Word that teaches us the will of God, it helps us grow from babes in Christ into adults in Christ. Think about it. It would be pretty silly to see an adult in diapers because the parents did not train him when he was a baby. Therefore, if we want to grow as a Christian and stay in the will of God we need to drink the milk of God's Word and be trained by God Himself, who is our heavenly Father, to know His will.

We are not the first generation to be in ignorance to the Word of God, since God created Adam and Eve all generations have been ignorant to His Word. All it took was one man to disobey God and look at where we are today. God even chose to pick one nation that would represent Him and show the world how blessed they were by being obedient to Him, but that did not work either. Sometimes I envy the Israelites, they saw God do things that were so miraculous, yet were always complaining about something. Then again, He does the miraculous every day and yet I still complain as well. It is no wonder God is so angry with us? Isaiah prophesied about nations that would slowly come apart because of their ignorance, the first Jerusalem. "When the boughs thereof are withered, they shall be broken off: the women come, and set them on fire: for it is a people of no understanding: therefore he that made them will not have mercy on them, and he that formed them will shew them no favour. And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall beat off from the channel of the river unto the stream of Egypt, and ye shall be gathered one by one, O ye children of Israel. And it shall come to pass in that day, that the great trumpet shall be blown, and they shall come which were ready to perish in the land of Assyria, and the outcasts in the land of Egypt, and shall worship the LORD in the holy mount at Jerusalem." - Isaiah 27:11-13. The northern kingdom of Israel was enjoying great prosperity when God led Isaiah to prophesy its coming captivity by Assyria. Sometimes we all think that if we avoid something it will prevent us from getting hurt, while this works to avoid walking into danger it does not work when trying to avoid something that is inevitable. For instance, I allowed some people to stay at my house once, it was a mess and I went out of town thinking if I avoid them everything would be back to normal when I got back. Three months later I cam e back to a destroyed house and sleeping on a back porch. Of course, God did not take first place in my life then either. The only way to avoid the consequences of our actions is to avoid those actions in the first place.

As we grow from babes in Christ to adults in Christ it is important that we never stop obtaining the knowledge that is contained in God's Word. Of course, we will never learn everything the Bible has to tell us, but that should never stop us from trying. Like I said earlier, we are not the first generation to be ignorant to God's Word, God addresses this through Isaiah. "Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts. For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little: For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people." - Isaiah 28:9-11. A Christian grows little by little, reading God's Word over and over and over again. The King James Version of the Bible is the only translation available in languages for 90% of the world population and is counting. So, it is God's intention for every person to have a the knowledge of His Word at some point in their lives in their own language.

As adults in Christ we are to be teachers of God's Word, the main doctrine is of course, the Gospel of Christ, even babes in Christ can teach others about the Gospel. In fact, just last night a couple at my church who are new converts went soul winning last night and the husband led a man to Christ. As we learn more of God's Word we can teach more of it. "For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil." - Hebrews 5:12-14. God's Word helps us discern the good from the bad and allows us to teach it to others. This is the reason why I have been doing these Bible studies for the past three years, it keeps me learning and teaching others.

Christ is coming and whether we are Christians or not adversity will come our way, but as long as we have Christ we can see triumph through the affliction, we just need to keep walking and growing in the Word of God. "And therefore will the LORD wait, that he may be gracious unto you, and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you: for the LORD is a God of judgment: blessed are all they that wait for him. For the people shall dwell in Zion at Jerusalem: thou shalt weep no more: he will be very gracious unto thee at the voice of thy cry; when he shall hear it, he will answer thee. And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity, and the water of affliction, yet shall not thy teachers be removed into a corner any more, but thine eyes shall see thy teachers: And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left." - Isaiah 30:18-21. For all who have not heard the Gospel and don't possess a Bible, it is our responsibility to let them know what God has said. We can praise the Lord that while there is life in us here on earth that we can at least present the Gospel to our family and friends, if they do not accept than at least we did our part. Remember, God will never leave nor forsake those whom have trusted Christ and are obedient to all of His Word. Praise God!

Enjoy the rest of your day/night and your weekend
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 08 Aug 2010, 12:20 pm

Perfect Peace
Did you ever notice the waves of the ocean coming on to the beach? It is such a beautiful sight, and amazing when you think about just how wonderful a God we have to create such beauty. God's peace is illustrated by the waves as they go back and forth on to the shore, carrying them back into the ocean, never to be seen again. "He hath delivered my soul in peace from the battle that was against me: for there were many with me." - Psalm 55:18. Now, think about your salvation, when you got saved all the sin in your life was carried away like the waves, never to be seen again. Praise God! True peace only comes from the Author of peace, our Lord Jesus Christ. In the midst of all joys, trials, and difficulties we can live in peace through Jesus Christ. We have to face the fact that many of the prophecies of Isaiah have and are coming to pass as we speak. It is only a matter of time before we see the return of Jesus and all the destruction that will take place upon His arrival. However, "Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you; And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day. 11Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power: That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ." - II Thessalonians 1:6-12.

Isaiah's prophecy was first directed to Judah, then to Israel, then to the surrounding Gentile nations, and finally to all the world. Just as surely as many of the prophecies were fulfilled in ancient history, we can also expect that the Messiah Jesus will return as Christ the King. Isaiah 22 starts out with "The burden of the valley of vision"; it is not a warning, but an oracle written to and about Jerusalem. An "oracle" is an Divinely inspired writing of inspiration and revelation. Jerusalem is called the "valley of vision" because of the hills that it is built on, and around. It is a city of valleys, of Kedren, Megiddo, and so on. So what this chapter is talking about is the city of Jerusalem, and an inspiring revelation that will be given about her. "The burden of the valley of vision. What aileth thee now, that thou art wholly gone up to the housetops? Thou that art full of stirs, a tumultuous city, joyous city: thy slain men are not slain with the sword, nor dead in battle. All thy rulers are fled together, they are bound by the archers: all that are found in thee are bound together, which have fled from far. Therefore said I, Look away from me; I will weep bitterly, labour not to comfort me, because of the spoiling of the daughter of my people. For it is a day of trouble, and of treading down, and of perplexity by the Lord GOD of hosts in the valley of vision, breaking down the walls, and of crying to the mountains." - Isaiah 22:1-5. This means that these people will be taken in a spiritual death by believing that Satan, who will be playing many roles including the role of Messiah, and they believe him to be God. In history, when both the Assyrian army came against the house of Israel, and the Babylonian army came against the house of Judah, their leaders ran. They snuck through the wall at night and ran from the enemy. Those that gave the commands to fight had fled afar. After the battle when the fighting is over, these so-called leaders will see what they have done, and will weep bitterly for the shame that they have brought upon themselves. When the spoiling takes place after the war, after the battle is lost and the leaders are gone, the people will see what they have done to themselves, and they will not want anyone to look at them because of the shame that they feel about themselves. This is why the prophet says there will be great shame on all of them.

It is a bit scary to see the many prophecies of the "sign of the times" taking place, but we have nothing to worry about because we are God's elect, those whom have accepted the true Christ into their lives. We can rejoice in our Salvation knowing that none of us have to face that horrible day. "O Lord, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth. For thou hast made of a city an heap; of a defenced city a ruin: a palace of strangers to be no city; it shall never be built. Therefore shall the strong people glorify thee, the city of the terrible nations shall fear thee. For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall... He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it. And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation." - Isaiah 25:1-4,8,9.

We often forfeit peace by choosing to disobey His Word. Disobedience causes guilt and guilt robs us of His peace. However, no matter what one has done, he can find peace again, perfect peace. "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength: For he bringeth down them that dwell on high; the lofty city, he layeth it low; he layeth it low, even to the ground; he bringeth it even to the dust." Isaiah 26:3-5. If His perfect peace is to be experienced we must trust in Jesus and be born again. "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again." - John 3:5-7. All who believe in and accept Jesus Christ as their Savior are born again and will find perfect peace.

Enjoy the rest of your day/night and week
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 07 Aug 2010, 10:11 am

God's Judgment
God has declared that all true worship, sacrifices, and offerings are a delight to Him, but they all become an abomination when offered by those who have no desire to love and serve Him with all their hearts, but use Him to fill their pockets with money. "He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.... And there shall in no God God's Judgment 's Judgment God's Judgment wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life." - Revelation 21:7,27. God is referring to all the false prophets, preachers, teachers, and religions deceiving the people. Did you ever wonder why every part of the world is in chaos? All over the world you are hearing about bad economy, wars, natural disasters, and diseases. Yet, all of our leaders are clueless to the fact that we are all facing God's judgment and it is just the beginning. Those of you that are bringing your children up in a Christian home I commend you, it is not easy with all the corruption and wickedness in the world today, yet you endure it all and keep going by your faith and trust in God. So, why is all the world facing God's judgment? Rebellion is the number one cause of all the destruction that is taking place. You know, if these people would just pick up a Bible and read the Old Testament they would see that we are facing the exact same judgment that Israel faced when they turned their backs on God. We as Christians have a lot of work to do, we can not stop God's judgment, but we can be prepared and let others know what is going on so they too can be prepared.

The Book of Isaiah is the twenty-third book of the Old Testament/Bible and contains sixty-six chapters. The author of the book is Isaiah and it was written to Judah and all believers. The purpose of the book was for correction and reproof. What we are to learn from the book is that rebellion leads to retribution (punishment), but repentance leads to restoration. The book of Isaiah is actually a mirror to the entire Bible. The Bible has 66 books. Isaiah has 66 chapters. The Old Testament has 39 books covering the history and sin Israel. The first section of Isaiah has 39 chapters on the same subject. The New Testament has 27 books describing the ministry of Jesus Christ. The last section of Isaiah has 27 chapters describing the same subject. The New Testament begins with the ministry of John the Baptist. The second section of Isaiah begins by predicting his ministry. The New Testament ends by describing the new heavens and earth. Isaiah ends by describing them as well.

Isaiah recorded how the Lord had chosen and provided for the Israelites, only to have them turn against Him by worshiping idols. The Lord lamented that even the animals He had created knew who their Master was, but the sinful Israelites refused to recognize their responsibility to their Master. "Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth: for the LORD hath spoken, I have nourished and brought up children, and they have rebelled against me. The ox knoweth his owner, and the ass his master's crib: but Israel doth not know, my people doth not consider. Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken the LORD, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward."- Isaiah 1:2-4. Many godly parents are heartbroken when they see their children turning from the Lord. Like our Heavenly Father, they too feel grief over children who are uncommitted to the Lord, to reading the Bible, or to regular worship in a Bible based church. Whether or not our children succeed or fail in their earthly goals, by comparison, it is of little eternal consequence, for only their spiritual achievements will bring true success and eternal rewards.

God has provided His Written Word which guides us through the indwelling Holy Spirit, and teaches us how to experience the joy of forgiveness and deliverance from the guilt and condemnation of sin. "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works." - II Timothy 3:16,17. There is everything in the character of God, in the ministry of Christ, and in the power of the Holy Spirit to inspire and confirm our confidence in His Word. God is willing to forgive all sinners who will confess and forsake their sins. "All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day." - John 6:37-40. All who accept Jesus as their Savior enjoy everlasting life and will one day get to see Him face to face. That alone is one of the most exciting things to look forward to.

Isaiah prophesied of a coming King who would reign in righteousness and peace over children who had returned to Him. "And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more." - Isaiah 2:2-4. Of course that person is none other than our Lord Jesus Christ. There will be a time when Jesus comes and this prophecy will be fulfilled. "Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him." - Proverbs 30:5. Praise God!

Enjoy the rest of your day/night and an awesome week.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 06 Aug 2010, 1:26 pm

A Soul Mate
Perhaps the most intimate relationship anyone could have here on earth is one between a husband and wife. When God created man He said that it was not good for man to be alone so He made a woman to complete him. "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul....And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him....And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh." - Genesis 2:7,18,21-24. When a man and woman become husband and wife they become one flesh, two souls joined together as one flesh, in other words, soul mates. So, when one soul is away from the other it feels alone and disconnected from the other. Did you ever wonder why some marriages just do not work out no matter how hard one tries to keep them together? In my opinion it is because one soul was disconnected from the other the whole time and never wanted to become one flesh in the first place. Here is a hint, if the person wants to get intimate with you on the first date he/she has no intention of becoming one flesh. Sadly, many marriages fail because one soul is not completely devoted to the other. Most of us long for a soul mate and blessed are those who have them, but more important than having an earthly soul mate is having a spiritual soul mate.

The Book of Song of Solomon is the twenty-second book of the Old Testament/Bible and contains eight chapters. The author of the book is King Solomon and it was written to Israel and all believers. The purpose of the book is to show the intimate relationship between Jesus and the Church as demonstrated by the intimate marriage relationship between a man and woman. What we are to learn from the book is that the divine model of love between a man and his wife is the pattern for the relationship between Christ (Man) and the Church (His Bride). Jesus Said, "If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple." - Luke 14:26,27. Our relationship with Christ is to be so intimate that it looks as though we hate everyone else. Before a soul finds Jesus it is lost and a lost soul will go searching for any one or thing that finds it. However, the whole time Jesus is calling, "My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away. For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; The fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away. O my dove, that art in the clefts of the rock, in the secret places of the stairs, let me see thy countenance, let me hear thy voice; for sweet is thy voice, and thy countenance is comely." - Song of Solomon 2:10-14. Jesus is calling and wants all to know that it is a new season of hope, He wants to hear all calling on Him, it is sweet music in His ears.

Jesus is our bridegroom and those who accept Him are His bride, I use to think that this sounded a bit odd, but when I looked up the meaning of the word marriage it became a little clearer to me, Besides being a man and woman becoming husband and wife by legal commitments or religious ceremonies, a marriage is a relationship in which two people have pledged themselves to each other, or any close or intimate association or union with another. So, when we accept Christ as our Savior we join Him in a marriage by accepting His pledge (believing in Him) to be with us for eternity. "Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward. Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son." - II John 1:8,9.

As Christians, we sometimes enjoy a very close sense of the presence of Christ, but all too often, His presence seems far away. Yet our love for Him continues to grow as we wait expectantly for that first glimpse of Him when He welcomes us home. "By night on my bed I sought him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not. I will rise now, and go about the city in the streets, and in the broad ways I will seek him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not. The watchmen that go about the city found me: to whom I said, Saw ye him whom my soul loveth? It was but a little that I passed from them, but I found him whom my soul loveth: I held him, and would not let him go," - Song of Solomon 3:1-4a. Christ will return and as we await His return we have the comfort of Holy Spirit to keep us connected to our spiritual soul mate, it is comforting to know that our bridegroom is still with us, even though we can not physically see Him. It is amazing to stop and even imagine what the world would be like when He returns, but thank God that all His brides will be protected and safe upon His arrival. I guess there are many things that we will have to wait patiently to see, but that just makes it all worth the wait. Praise God!

Enjoy the rest of your day/night and weekend.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 02 Aug 2010, 12:05 pm

Laboring With Merit
The Book of Ecclesiastes is the twenty-first book of the Old Testament/Bible and contains twelve chapters. The author of the book is King Solomon and it was first written to the Israelites, but is for all believers in general. The purpose of the book was to provide a description of the quest for life apart from God and to prove that Life apart from God, no matter how much one has, is vanity (worthless). Most people have ambition in life and whether it is something to help or hurt people they will do the labor needed to accomplish what they set out to do. The word labor in this case is defined as productive activity, or doing the work necessary to get the job done. Did you ever spend hours, days, or even weeks working on a project only to get to the end of it and you found out that a part was broken and you had to take it all apart? I started out wanting to be an electronic tech and we had to design and build the equipment we were going to use. Once I built a volt meter, got done with it and something was not working right, it took me longer to figure out the problem than to build it, and I never did get it working right because there was a defective part. Did you ever spend hours doing a job for someone only to finish and he criticized everything and would not pay no matter how much you tried to get it right for him? I build websites, I just had a customer that wanted one page, gave me garbage to work with and wanted it to be a masterpiece. I spent two weeks working on this page and he still criticizes it. These are examples of productive activity with no merit (worth), or labor that is vain (worthless), so much work, yet nothing really gets accomplished.

As Christians we too can become examples of productive activity with no merit, it is vain if one goes to church, reads the Bible, and prays, yet does not apply what he learns out side of the church. That is an example of a Christian laboring with no merit. While our works do not get us saved and into heaven, it is our works after we get saved that show merit. King Solomon was brought up by King David, a man known as the apple of God's eye. Solomon became a Preacher, had the Temple of God built, and was known as the wisest and richest man on earth, he even recited the longest prayer after the Temple was built (I Kings 8:22-61). "The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem. Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity. What profit hath a man of all his labour which he taketh under the sun? One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.... I the Preacher was king over Israel in Jerusalem. And I gave my heart to seek and search out by wisdom concerning all things that are done under heaven: this sore travail hath God given to the sons of man to be exercised therewith. I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit." - Ecclesiastes 1:1-4,12-14. The word vanity here means having excessive pride in one's appearance, qualities, abilities, or achievements. The word vexation, means troubling. So, what Solomon is warning us is that no amount of wisdom or work done without God has any value and is troubling to the spirit. God loves it when His children do His work or in other words, follow His will, but if God is not with us as we do it, it is worthless and we never see peace in our hearts.

It is recorded that, when Solomon began his reign, he loved the LORD and walked in the statutes of David, but Solomon's heart got corrupted when he allowed the world to enter it. His priorities were no longer seeking the will of God, but became distorted and he gradually set his heart on material projects, wealth, women, and their heathen gods. Solomon eventually concluded that all of it was vanity. "And whatsoever mine eyes desired I kept not from them, I withheld not my heart from any joy; for my heart rejoiced in all my labour: and this was my portion of all my labour. Then I looked on all the works that my hands had wrought, and on the labour that I had laboured to do: and, behold, all was vanity and vexation of spirit, and there was no profit under the sun. And I turned myself to behold wisdom, and madness, and folly: for what can the man do that cometh after the king? even that which hath been already done." - Ecclesiastes 2:10-12. Solomon admits here that everything he labored for was to please his flesh, but it was all worthless and was troubling to his spirit. Sadly, many today are still trying to gain fulfillment with earthly pursuits while ignoring the will of God ans wondering why they are never happy.

Just as everything else in life what we labor for needs to be in the will of God, if we are following His will, nothing we do for Him or for anyone will be in vain. "There is nothing better for a man, than that he should eat and drink, and that he should make his soul enjoy good in his labour. This also I saw, that it was from the hand of God. For who can eat, or who else can hasten hereunto, more than I? For God giveth to a man that is good in his sight wisdom, and knowledge, and joy: but to the sinner he giveth travail, to gather and to heap up, that he may give to him that is good before God. This also is vanity and vexation of spirit." - Ecclesiastes 2:24-26. God blesses the work we do for Him when we do it wholeheartedly and by His wisdom. Solomon continues, "I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it. He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end. I know that there is no good in them, but for a man to rejoice, and to do good in his life. And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God. I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him." - Ecclesiastes 3:10-14. This is a prime example of God's gift of free will. God is saying, if you want the world, go get it, but I am not going to be there when you get in trouble. I have already given you everything that you need to be happy, just trust me and I will take care of you.

Solomon is a witness to the fact that no one can be satisfied with mere worldly pleasure and attainments for they become substitutes in our hearts for the One Person to whom we owe our supreme devotion to, the Lord Jesus Christ. We were not created to become laborers for "things" but to become the person He desires us to be and to accomplish His purpose for our lives. "Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father. And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life." - I John 2:23-25. As long as we have Jesus in us and allow Him to abide in us than we will be Christians laboring with merit, most of all eternal life with Him. Praise God!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 30 Jul 2010, 6:24 pm

Be A Hearer & A Doer
God does not stress enough the importance of knowing all of His Word, ""Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar." - Proverbs 30:5,6. We are to accept God's Word as it is and not alter it under any circumstances. People do not realize it, but every time a new version of the Bible is printed 20% of God's Word is being taken out, added, or changed because any version other than the King James version (which is where they got their information first) is copyrighted and must contend with copyright laws. Jesus Said, quoting from the Book of Deuteronomy, "It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God." - Luke 4:4. We are to live by Every Word of God. I understand that some things in the Bible are hard to understand, but we are not meant to understand them all at once, but gradually so we do not go into overload. The more you read, the more you will understand. This past Sunday at our church we had an evangelist speaking and he raised an interesting subject pertaining to how we as Christians view the words of the Bible. He said some read it and accept it as it is written, some read it and alter it to fit their needs, some do not read it all and rely on what other people tell them, some have never read it and say they have, or some just have no interest in reading it at all. We all fit into one of these categories and if we want to truly see God's blessings in our lives we need to learn to be a hearer and doer of His Word.
The Proverbs are amazing and interesting, only in one sentence can a person be lifted up and convicted at the same time. They can be confusing to read, I do not know how many times I have read Proverbs and still find something as though it were never in there, such as every book, but once you catch it you know it must be something that God wants you to come to understand. For instance this verse, "Though thou shouldest bray a fool in a mortar among wheat with a pestle, yet will not his foolishness depart from him." - Proverbs 27:22. I read this verse over and over again this morning trying to figure it out. After looking up several definitions I finally figured it out. The word bray means to scream and shout at someone and a pestle is a tool used to grind down wheat to make mortar (cement). What God is saying here is that you should try to hold down a fool and knock some sense in him, but he will never change. Some people are never going to read and follow God's Word no matter how much you try to convince them, but you should never stop being the example to follow. You may not realize it, but even the most stubborn fool sees your faithfulness and strength and is envious of you.
Which brings to mind these verses, "Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth. Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips.....A continual dropping in a very rainy day and a contentious woman are alike. Whosoever hideth her hideth the wind, and the ointment of his right hand, which bewrayeth itself." - Proverbs 27:1,2,15,16. The word boast means to speak with exaggeration and excessive pride, we can feel good about what we are accomplishing through God, but we should not be so proud that we are constantly bragging about ourselves. There is no need to praise ourselves with words, show praise to God through our actions and will be praised by others, even people we do not know. "Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised. Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates." - Proverbs 31:30,31. One day I was at a grocery store and the cashier was having some problems. She handed me my change and I walked away, not counting it, but after counting it I realized that she gave me too much so I took it back to her. She felt embarrassed, but thanked me and as I was walking away from the register a customer walked up to me who was watching and said, "You have Christ in you". Now, I imagine a lot of people return money when the cashier has given them too much back, but how many people come up to you and say that they see Christ in you? That is perhaps one of the best praises one can receive. To know that complete strangers see Christ in you is to know that you are not only receiving praise from others, but God as well. Praise God!
Incidentally, the word contentious means being hostile or loud and obnoxious, just like a constant rain can drag one down a contentious woman can as well. Have you ever gotten around a woman who is loud and obnoxious? The word bewrayeth means to reveal or expose. What God is saying here is that you can not hide a loud woman, the more you try the louder she gets and exposes herself, embarrassing you in the process. "He that is of a proud heart stirreth up strife: but he that putteth his trust in the LORD shall be made fat. He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered." - Proverbs 28:25,26. A woman that is too proud gets loud and if you try to keep her quiet she will get louder to the point that every one hears her. I remember years back when I was working as a merchandiser, this was when my ex-boyfriend was arrested, everyone kind of picked on me as if I knew what he was doing that got him arrested. We were working at a store that had to be immaculate because it was going to be a model store for others to follow. It was so crazy that people were going over other peoples work, well I said something to one of the managers and he tried to write me up because he said I yelled at him in front of the customers. I was in the storage room with three managers arguing with them, the more they tried to shut me up the louder I got. I was too proud just to let it go because I knew I did not yell at him, but I was yelling to get my point across and I never did sign those papers. Interestingly enough, after that, they stopped picking on me and three weeks later I was transferred to a different team, but my reputation followed, strangers thought I was always a contentious woman.
God's Word never fails and if we want to receive all the blessings that he has in store for us than we need to read and follow all of it. He knows what He is talking about. Satan loves to get us to think that we do not have to live by Every Word or that we can get by with someone telling us what we are supposed to do, but he is lying and deceiving us. The only way to receive God's blessings and be guarded against Satan is to learn His Word for ourselves. "Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:" -Ephesians 6:11-17. Praise God!
God Bless You, I am praying for you,
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 29 Jul 2010, 11:48 am

Showing Kindness
As Christians we are taught to love those who hate us, be kind to those who deceive us, and take care of those who hurt us. At the same time we are also taught to separate ourselves from those who are wicked. So, how are we to show kindness to one another, especially when someone has wronged us, yet remain separated from the wicked, even if they are in our own house? Jesus Christ. Jesus is the key to everything and as long as we allow Him to guide us we can learn to love those who hate us, be kind to those who deceive us, and take care of those who hurt us yet, remain separated from the wicked. Perhaps one of the most difficult tasks of being a Christian is forgiving someone who has wronged you or a loved one, especially if a child was involved. However, forgiveness is the first step to recovery and showing kindness to those whom have wronged you. "And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses." - Mark 11:25,26. While some sins are an abomination to God, we have all sinned and need to seek forgiveness from God. If we want our sins to be forgiven we must forgive those who hurt us. I understand how hard it can be to forgive some people, but we will never see peace if we do not forgive others. God will take care of it, we just need to trust Him. The most important thing to learn is that we do need to separate ourselves from wicked people. We can show kindness to wicked people without allowing them to get involved in our lives, even if they are family. Sound confusing? Well, read on and hopefully by the end of the message it will become clearer.
Okay, so how do good people get mixed up with wicked people anyway? The number one reason is that Christ is not in their lives, millions of people claim to be a Christian, yet never stepped foot in a church or even know who Jesus is. Jesus is God's Word in the flesh, so, if one does not know Christ, one does not know God's Word. We need Christ in our lives to be able to discern the good from the wicked."For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." - Hebrews 4:12. The heart longs to be loved and if it's first love is not Christ it will fall for the people who show it love first, even if it is deceptive. Wicked people love to take advantage of good hearted people and will do anything in their means to get what they want from them. "When thou sittest to eat with a ruler, consider diligently what is before thee: And put a knife to thy throat, if thou be a man given to appetite. Be not desirous of his dainties: for they are deceitful meat. Labour not to be rich: cease from thine own wisdom. Wilt thou set thine eyes upon that which is not? for riches certainly make themselves wings; they fly away as an eagle toward heaven. Eat thou not the bread of him that hath an evil eye, neither desire thou his dainty meats: For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee." - Proverbs 23:1-7. We are not to receive gifts from the wicked, they are only using them to deceive us. Wicked people tempt good people with everything money can buy, but in reality it is all deceptive and used to lure one to fall for their deception. Once they lure them in they can literally destroy a person. The world is full of deception, and once again, if we do not have Christ in our lives it is much easier to fall for the deception. We must not let ourselves be tempted by or desire what the people of the world enjoy nor accept what they have to offer.
Amazingly, our judgment becomes impaired when we allow ourselves to dwell with the wicked. When I was with what I thought was the man of my dreams, deep down I knew I was headed for danger when I allowed some things in our relationship, but I allowed them against my better judgment and of course, I was the one that suffered for it. However, we can learn from impaired judgment, "For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief. Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth: Lest the LORD see it, and it displease him, and he turn away his wrath from him. Fret not thyself because of evil men, neither be thou envious at the wicked: For there shall be no reward to the evil man; the candle of the wicked shall be put out." - Proverbs 24:16-20. Good people might fall from time to time, but they get back up and learn from their mistakes. On the other hand wicked people never learn, but in the end they will fall and not get back up.
Another reason good people get mixed up with wicked people is that one (especially a Christian) can be too trusting in thinking that every person has some good in him. The reality is, there are some people in this world that are born wicked and will remain wicked all their lives. Satan has kids too and they are the most deceptive of all God's creation. Jesus Said, "If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not." - John 8:42-45. Some people in the world are just plain wicked and will never change so it is best to avoid them at all costs.
Which brings to mind that sometimes a person is just born into a wicked family. While there is nothing we can do about what family we are born into there is something we can do to keep ourselves from doing what they do. We need to keep walking in the Spirit. "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another." - Galatians 5:22-26. Walking in the Spirit guards us from any wickedness that we are around. Plus it gives us faith and confidence in God, allowing us to be kind to them even though they are wicked. Besides God will take care of it, He will either find the goodness in the person or people or he will separate them from you. My father was a womanizer, he cheated on my mother and had kids with another woman. She divorced him and he disappeared out of our lives the whole time we were growing up. I use to think I was missing something by not having my father in my life, but after I moved in with him and his other kids I learned that God took him out of our lives so we would not end up like my half brothers, who are living wicked, sinful lives. While God does not condone divorce I do believe that He allows it under some circumstances, most of all adultery. He will always take care of His children, we may not understand the reason why He allows some things or people in our lives, but He is always there and working in our lives. We need not seek vengeance, just Jesus and He will take care of the rest. "Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good." - Romans 12:19-21. The more kindness we show, especially to those who betrayed us, the more we are blessed, and they will suffer more that we ever did.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PASSING-IT-ON4JESUS/

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 29 Jul 2010, 10:55 am

Get Back Up
As a Christian, it is truly amazing to look back and see just how much you have changed through the years or even weeks as you grow in your walk with Christ. Those who truly allow Christ to be at the center of their lives literally become a new person, even the people they hang around are no longer the same. This can be both exciting and nerve racking at the same time, especially since it seems as though the more you try to walk with Him the more difficult the walk becomes. We are going to stumble, but the great thing is that Jesus is still walking with us and as long as we keep pressing on with our faith in Him we will get past the hurdles and to the finish line. "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." - Ephesians 2:10. As we walk with Christ we become what God created us to be, so, no matter how many times we fall, Jesus will pick us back up and get us moving again. Praise God!

Satan loves to get us feeling as though we are failures and can never be forgiven when we fall. He is a fool and no one is a failure to God when they do their best to follow His will. Do you think He does not know when we are going to fall? Of course He does. He knows everything about us, what we are doing, and what we will do in the future. Nothing is surprising to God, but as we walk with Him we learn to remove sinful behavior. "The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the LORD. All the ways of a man are clean in his own eyes; but the LORD weigheth the spirits. Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established. The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil. Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the LORD: though hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished. By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil." - Proverbs 16:1-6. Our pride is what keeps us from going before God and seeking forgiveness. Pride does not want to let things go, but the more we walk with Christ, the more we let go of that pride and want to let go of the sinful things in our lives. Do you know what the great thing is? God has Alzheimer when we seek forgiveness of our sins. He forgives and forgets all about the sin. "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." - I John 1:9. Praise God!

It is natural to think of ourselves as humble, at least more humble than others. But humility, or a lack of it, is apparent by our attitude when we are with someone who irritates us. If our replies are expressed in an unkind way, either outwardly in our words or actions or inwardly in our thoughts, then our "humility" is not real; it is merely a mask. "The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe. The rich man's wealth is his strong city, and as an high wall in his own conceit. Before destruction the heart of man is haughty, and before honour is humility." - Proverbs 18:10-12. To be humble means to be meek, modest, inconspicuous, and submissive (obedient), in other words, it means to not draw attention to ourselves, not to think of one self as better than another's, and to be obedient. If we truly want to be forgiven for our sins we need to humbly seek it from God. "Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up." - James 4:8-10. Humbling ourselves before God brings new life and joy to our hearts. Knowing the destructive power of pride, let us look upon people who seem difficult to love as those chosen by God to provide us with the opportunity to rid ourselves of self-righteousness and to express Christlike humility and the love of God.

Those who have fallen away from God or never really let Him come in rarely see a change in their lives and often become angry and bitter at those who find happiness, peace, and joy with Christ leading the way. There is a song that I have been listening to a lot called, "I Found A Treasure", there is a line in the chorus that says, "Although I'm a beggar, I'm rich beyond measure, I found a treasure, when I found the Lord." Christians, do not have to worry about earthly riches, we may not have all the money the world has to offer, but our treasure is in the Lord and He alone gives us riches the world can never give. "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.... But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." - Matthew 6:19-21,33. Praise God!

P. S. Forgive me for getting this out so late in the day, sorry for the inconvenience.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 27 Jul 2010, 12:17 pm

GOOD NEWS
Truthfulness & Obedience
Truthfulness and obedience are keys to pleasing God and are essential if one is to know God's will and follow it. The true disciple is never satisfied with mere knowledge of the Gospel, he is a doer of the Word, and not just a hearer. "Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ; Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart; With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men:" - Ephesians 6:5-7. All who possess eternal life, find joy in expressing their love for their Lord, His Word, and following His will. However, if we are not careful, the work of the Spirit can turn into work of the flesh and even though one is doing God's will it becomes vain, thus for personal glory and not God's. It is only by truthfulness and obedience to God that we can follow His will, receive His blessings, and give Him the glory for all of it. "Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin? Divers weights, and divers measures, both of them are alike abomination to the LORD. Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right."- Proverbs 20:9-11.
There are many things that we can become dependent on that rob us of good judgment and the ability to discern whether or not we are doing something right or wrong. God often warns us to stay away from things that can cause a dependency, which can mean pretty much anything, people, careers, drugs, alcohol, hobbies, and even extra curricular activities. They are deceitful and take away our ability to discern right from wrong. A warning is given against alcoholic drink and its subtle addiction that leads to destruction before we realize it. "Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise." - Proverbs 20:1. Many people are unaware of the deceptiveness of alcohol, the occasional drink in moderation seems harmless enough, but in reality it can lead to great dangers. The occasional drinker gives in to the illusion that he/she can simply relax or take the edge off with one drink. Slowly, the occasional drinker turns into the social drinker, eventually he/she gives in to the further illusion that drinking will help make life more enjoyable or sustainable. Alcohol can produce unavoidable, irreversible, and far-reaching physical and emotional wounds, therefore making one unwise. In reality they are trying to mask reality and eventually that social drinker becomes an alcoholic and has exchanged a meaningful life for a degrading existence. "Woe unto them that rise up early in the morning, that they may follow strong drink; that continue until night, till wine inflame them!" - Isaiah 5:11.
This example can be applied to anything that one uses to mask reality, many brilliant people who were once successful and influential have been reduced to a wasted life because of their dependencies. No matter what the addiction, it takes control of ones self both physically and psychologically. Once a person gets the sense that he needs this in order to get through the day or to relax it robs him of good judgment and, the ability to discern right from wrong. What happens is that one is temporarily masking their problem with their dependency, it's a make believe reality, once one gets back to true reality, he feels ashamed and in order to mask the shame he goes right back to the habit to mask reality once again. This even happens to many Christian's and eventually, destroys God's purpose for his life. It's a viscous cycle, that Satan controls, the more Christian's He can get to fall away from God and fall into their habits the less will get saved. "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world." - I Peter 5:8,9.
Perhaps more serious is the example he has been giving to their children and friends, or to those who have used their tithes in order to support their habit. "The man that wandereth out of the way of understanding shall remain in the congregation of the dead. He that loveth pleasure shall be a poor man: he that loveth wine and oil shall not be rich. The wicked shall be a ransom for the righteous, and the transgressor for the upright." - Proverbs 21:16-18. When we become dependent on other things, it literally destroys us and leaves our souls pretty much dead. I can recall a time in my life when I was searching for anything that would make me feel alive, except God. I did not realize that I needed God at that time, but I did realize that I had no life in me. It took three years of depression, physical pain, and fifty extra pounds that I did not need to realize that it was God that I needed, not any one or thing else. I thank God everyday that He snapped me out of my destruction and showed me that I needed Him in order to find life.
We can be cured from all bad habits and dependencies, no matter how deep we have gotten ourselves into them. Jesus is the cure. When we accept and put our faith in Him He can lead us away from the strongest dependency. "For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men. Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another. For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence. It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak. Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth. And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin." - Romans 14:17-23. One thing I would like to point out that although Jesus can cure us, we must make a point to accept, repent, and take the steps needed to recover. Jesus leads the way, but we must be willing to make an effort if we want to see a change in any part of our lives.
P.S. I apologize for the late post.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 25 Jul 2010, 11:36 am

The Power of The Tongue
Once upon a time when a person had to testify in court he had to place his hand on a Bible, raise his left hand, and recite a pledge, vowing to tell the truth. There was something more powerful about placing that hand on the Bible, it was as if one knew he had better tell the truth because he was taking a vow on God's Word. Today those days are few and far between, rarely do people of the world place their hand on a Bible for anything, let alone to tell the truth. God's Word is the most powerful weapon known to man, even a president use to place his hand on a Bible, pledging to do what he promised to do for his country. Sadly, even that is no longer practiced as our nation slowly tries to eliminate the power of God's Word. It is amazing, every religion known to man can come into the states and be accepted, yet, the one that our nation was founded on is rejected time and time again and if we do not do something now we will be turning into a Muslim nation. It is time for all Christians to unite, start praying, and get our nation back to following the way, the truth, and the life. "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." - John 14:6.

The tongue is a powerful thing, for example, most businesses receive their customers by word of mouth, the more people that talk good about it the more the business excels. However, if you get just one person saying something bad about it, even if it is not true, it can destroy it. A lying tongue destroys trust in another person's word, just one conversation can do evil that will last a lifetime. God despises liars, in fact, one of the first commandments He wrote with His finger Himself was, "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." - Exodus 20:16.We are not to tell lies about anyone. The tongue of a liar strips a man of what makes life beautiful, takes away his good name, and breaks bonds of friendship. "The wicked is snared by the transgression of his lips: but the just shall come out of trouble....He that speaketh truth sheweth forth righteousness: but a false witness deceit. There is that speaketh like the piercings of a sword: but the tongue of the wise is health. The lip of truth shall be established for ever: but a lying tongue is but for a moment. Deceit is in the heart of them that imagine evil: but to the counsellors of peace is joy. There shall no evil happen to the just: but the wicked shall be filled with mischief. Lying lips are abomination to the LORD: but they that deal truly are his delight." - Proverbs 12:13,17-22. God despises even the little white lie, it is just as deceitful and will cause harm in the end. The Holy Spirit that dwells in all believers of Christ guides us and teaches His truths, the more we yield to Him the less we will be able to speak even the smallest of lies.

Just as one persons lies can destroy another persons word it can also destroy God's Word. "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them....Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen." - Romans 1:18,19,22-25. People destroy God's Word by ignoring it, creating their own version, and lying to others with it. So many people have walked away from God because of a church, man of God, or religion that deceived people by their lies. I admit there was a time in my life when I walked away from God because I was taught that no matter what I did I was going to hell, so, I thought, if I am going to hell what is the use of going to church. Little did I know all I needed was to ask Christ to forgive me and that He was the only way to keep from going to hell. I still get angry at all the years I was being led a lie, but thank God I know the truth and now I can help others learn the truth as well.

The tongue should be an instrument of life controlled by the Holy Spirit. When we allow the Holy Spirit to do the talking for us we become a witness and not a liability, "A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness. The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good. A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit....The LORD is far from the wicked: but he heareth the prayer of the righteous. The light of the eyes rejoiceth the heart: and a good report maketh the bones fat." - Proverbs 15:1-4,29,30. When we use our tongue for God's glory we will find the courage to stand up to the wicked and through it all we will find much joy.

The truth in God's Word is the great need today, every Christian needs to use the power of their tongue, shout it out loud and get involved in keeping His Word alive in all nations. You say you do not know how to do that? Just tell everyone you know about how Jesus can save. The more people we get on our side the strong we become as the whole Body of Christ. You do not have to know every story in the Bible, just the Gospel and if you are saved you know what the Gospel is. If you are not saved, get saved and get to work. Our nation is headed for judgment day, we need to be ready and armed, "Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;" - Ephesians 6:14-18.

Enjoy the rest of your day/night and have a great weekend.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 24 Jul 2010, 9:38 pm

Fearing God
You will often hear the phrase "Fear the Lord" or "Fear God" in some form throughout the Bible. Many people, including Christians, misunderstand what it actually means to, "Fear God." A lot of people have actually walked away from God or refuse to let Him be a part of their lives because they are told to, "Fear God." So, what does fearing God mean? God tells us what it means through His Word. "Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God....For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death." - II Corinthians 7:1,10. As a Christian learns to live a morally, uncorrupted life with God in it, he learns to fear God. God will take the most corrupted person, convert him, and satisfy every need and desire simply by fearing Him. Jesus Said, "Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you....If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full." - John 15:3,10,11. Now, that is where people get stopped in their tracks, they do not want to keep God's commands. People of the world strive on fame and riches to satisfy their flesh, while one might have fun for a season it will not last. There is always something bigger and better out there to entice the flesh, it is never satisfied, but God can satisfy.
Let me tell you something, the world and people who live in it does not care about anyone, all they see are dollar signs and people worshiping them. Go to someone who lives in the world and ask them for help when you have nothing and see what you get. Nothing! Our nation is quickly falling because of this very reason. We better get our priorities straight before it is too late, life does not just end when we die here on earth. Those that refuse to fear God will literally have hell to pay for ignoring Him. "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. " - Romans 6:23. "And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." - Revelation 20:14,15. Fearing God means believing all of His Word. No one escapes the lake of fire unless they know Jesus Christ. With that said, many assume fearing God means that they have to be afraid of Him. Well, they should be afraid of Him, He is our Creator and Heavenly Father, He gave us every ability that we have and all the thanks He gets is rebellion, immoral, corrupted behavior from those who were made in His own image. How would you feel if your child rebelled against every thing that you tried to teach him?
Fearing God means having respect for Him and just listening to something He has to say once in a while. He does not expect us to know everything He has to teach us, but He does expect us to start somewhere. God knows who you are, what you do, did, and will do, you are His child, He made you well before He even created the heavens and earth. "The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate....The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old. I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water....While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world. When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth: When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep: When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth: Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;" - Proverbs 8:13,22-24,26-30. Those who think they have everything under control and God is not playing a part in their lives better wake up and stop ignoring His alarm. God is always in control, even Satan can only do so much to us. God knew when we were going to fall, but He also knew when we would realize we need help to get up and that He is our only help. So, you messed up, get over it, seek His forgiveness, accept responsibility for your actions, and move forward. He does not want us to go through needless suffering, but we bring it all on our own because we do not listen to Him.
Although God can do all things, God has chosen that we must cooperate with Him if we want Him to do them. "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding. For by me thy days shall be multiplied, and the years of thy life shall be increased. If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself: but if thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it." - Proverbs 9:10-12. This wisdom and understanding covers every aspect of life: physical, moral, spiritual, financial, and our social well-being. The basic difference between the wise man and the fool is in the use each makes of his time, talents, and material possessions. When we rely on God and His Word it will result in fearing Him, and receiving things we never imagined, even the things we desire. In fact, when we learn to fear God, we will learn to desire better things as the old things we desire are no longer something we think we need.
We all are on one of two roads in our journey through life. The road followed by the wise is narrower and more difficult, but it brings happiness, satisfaction, peace, and eternal life. However, the broad road of the fool inevitably leads to immoral, corruption, and ultimately, the eternal lake of fire. Nonone is forced to follow God, yet no one is forced to face the eternal lake of fire either. The choice is yours, "The fear of the LORD prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened. The hope of the righteous shall be gladness: but the expectation of the wicked shall perish. The way of the LORD is strength to the upright: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity. The righteous shall never be removed: but the wicked shall not inhabit the earth." - Proverbs 10:27-30. Fearing God means eternal life with the Lord Jesus Christ! Praise God!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 23 Jul 2010, 10:54 pm

The Right Path
As Christians we can all give praise to Jesus for sacrificing His life to save us from all our sins. No matter what we have done, our debt is paid for by the blood He shed when He died to keep us from going to hell. Praise God! However, sin is sin and we all suffer the consequences for it. While we are able to sin by thought, actions, or words, perhaps the most detestable to God are sins committed upon our own bodies. "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God....Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's." - O Corinthians 6:9-11,18-20. Committing fornication with the body goes beyond sexual sins, it is any immoral act committed with the body and includes drunkenness, drug abuse, and homosexuality. We can thank God that we are forgiven of all our sins, but that does not give us the right to continue to live in sin. If we truly want all of God's blessings we need to make sure all sin is out of our lives. We can not eliminate it completely, but we can eliminate things we know we need to let go of and let God guide us down the right path.
It is inevitable that if a person gets around a sinful person that he will also begin committing sin as well. That is why it is important that we take the Word of God with us where ever we go. It may seem silly, but as long as we have God's Word with us we have the power to resist temptation. "Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life. Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil men. Avoid it, pass not by it, turn from it, and pass away. For they sleep not, except they have done mischief; and their sleep is taken away, unless they cause some to fall. For they eat the bread of wickedness, and drink the wine of violence. But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day. The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble. My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh." - Proverbs 4:13-22. Sometimes we can not avoid being around sinful people, but we can take God with us also and He will keep us from stumbling into sin ourselves. We can not eliminate sin in our lives if we do not take God with us where ever we go. Don't believe me? I am a witness to that. I will tell you that most of my life I did not want to blend in with the world, I had jobs, but I was not one to hang out with the people I worked with, I did not smoke, drink, or party with them. Then I got a job that took me on the road with people who partied all the time. Eventually, I started hanging out with them and started drinking and going to the clubs with them. Shortly after, I met a man that turned my life completely upside down. I could have avoided a lot of mental pain and suffering by letting God guide me down His path and not the wicked path I stumbled upon, but it was all a blessing because is got me right with God.
All sin is selfishness in some form or another, but God sees others as an abomination to Him, "These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren." - Proverbs 6:16-19. Pride naturally comes first, for it precedes all other sins and consists essentially in sinful self-esteem which delights in fulfilling fleshly desires. Think about it, it is usually out of pride that one gets into trouble in the first place. When my so called friends were daring me to drink this awful and powerful drink it was my pride that said I can handle it and took that drink which made me sicker than a dog. It was pride that kept me hanging on to a man that was a womanizer. Pride literally destroys us and will keep on destroying us until we just let it go and seek help from God. It was only when I was at my worse and called upon God that He picked me up, dusted me off, and put me on the right path. I thank God every day for taking me out of the world. He will do the same for anyone who is falling apart over the guilt and shame of sin.
Jesus Said, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." - Matthew 8:28-30. When one walks down the path of sin no one can escape the consequences of sin, it will catch up to them no matter how crafty they are. However, one can turn their lives around simply by receiving Christ into their lives. He alone can save the worst sinner, "But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:" - Ephesians 2:4-6. Praise God!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 22 Jul 2010, 9:53 pm

Knowledge & Wisdom
There is a saying that comes to mind as I read the chapters for today, "Knowledge is power" I remember this cliché when I was little. Knowledge truly is power, the more you know the more you are able accomplish. As Christians, if we are to accomplish the task that God gives us than we need the knowledge to do it. "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction." - Proverbs 1:7. The word knowledge is defined as an acquaintance with facts, truths, or principles, from a study or investigation. The only way for us to accomplish God's will for our lives is by receiving the knowledge we need to do it and the only way to receive that knowledge is by studying and getting acquainted with the facts and truths contained in His Word. Amazingly, just this morning I was telling God how blessed I was for knowing the truth, I spent thirty-four years of my life living on half truths of what someone was telling me until I started reading God's Word for myself, but God never gave up on me, He even let me fall for a time, but it was only when I fell that I was able to receive the whole truth. God is amazing, He knows exactly what we need to obtain the knowledge and wisdom we need to understand the truth and act on it. Interestingly, the word wisdom is defined as having knowledge of what is true or right and acting on it. So, as we study God's Word we receive the knowledge we need to accomplish God's will, the more we study it the wiser we become, giving us the wisdom we need to do what He says when, He knows we are prepared.
The Book of Proverbs is the twentieth book of the Old Testament/Bible and contains thirty-one chapters. Most of the Proverbs we written by Solomon, David's son, except for the last two. The book was first written to the Israelite's, but the truths for practical living are applicable to all believers. The purpose of the book was to teach wisdom, instruction, and correction to all, what we are to learn from it is that God's Word is what gives us the wisdom, instruction, and correction we need to live a prosperous life lead by God. "To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding; To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment, and equity; To give subtilty to the simple, to the young man knowledge and discretion. A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels: To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings." - Proverbs 1:2-6. It is recorded in I Kings 4:32 that Solomon spoke three thousand proverbs under the inspiration of God. Some of these are preserved for us by the Holy Spirit in the Book of Proverbs. Some of the Proverbs Solomon set in order himself, meaning that he not only wrote them, but also arranged them in the order in which they are presented in the Bible. Other Proverbs of Solomon were put in their order by King Hezekiah's men.
The word proverb is defined as a brief saying referring to common facts or knowledge. Each verse in Proverbs is a concise summary of an important truth. It is difficult to make a general outline of the book because each chapter and often each verse within the chapter deals with a different subject. However, the reason for writing the book this way is to condense wisdom to help us remember spiritual truths better. In other words, the Book of Proverbs is full of brief sayings referring to the knowledge of great spiritual truths. Proverbs get us to stop and think about a common, but wise and simple fact. For instance, "My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not." - Proverbs 1:10. As you think about this verse you can understand that sinners are wicked and will try to entice you to do wicked things too, therefore, you are not to consent to it. This is common sense, but it happens way too often because we do not want to feel like an outcast or hurt someones feelings. What we are doing by consenting is hurting ourselves, because it will bite us good when reality sets in.
Solomon, along with approximately 40 other writers of the Bible, was inspired of God to record exactly what He wanted us to know in order to be the person He created us to be. "My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee; So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding; Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding; If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God." - Proverbs 2:1-5. God's Word is more valuable than any of the most precious jewels out there. The more we learn it the more knowledgeable we become, the better our relationship with God. Fearing God, means to respect Him and His Word and to follow His commands. If we say that we want God in our lives, but remain in the world we are going to be chastised for it. He does not do it to scare us away from Him, but to correct us and teach us. "When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul; Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee: To deliver thee from the way of the evil man, from the man that speaketh froward things;" - Proverbs 2:10-12. God is trying to keep us from getting ourselves into something that is going to hurt us not only spiritually, but morally, and mentally as well. Sin destroys us and as long as we continue to live in sin we will become more and more corrupted and dig ourselves further and further into a whole.
It's all Satan's fault, he gets sinners to entice us and grab hold of us when we are at our weakest moments, but praise God for His mercy because He can pull the most corrupt person out of the pit he dug himself into. "Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart: So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man. Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.... Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase: So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine. My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction: For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth. Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding." - Proverbs 3:3-6,9-13. We must daily increase our knowledge of God's Word, even if all we do is read one verse, it is the only way we will receive the wisdom we need to accomplish His will for our lives. As we grow in His Word we learn to trust His judgment rather than our own corruptible understanding, then He will direct out paths and show us what we need to do to stay in His will, not only by what He learn in the Word of God, but what He reveals to us through the Holy Spirit. So, acknowledge God, which can only be done through His Son, honor Him by following all His commands, including giving tithes, accepting His correction, and even His chastening us. He does all these things for our own good and we will truly be blessed as we find wisdom and understanding of His Word and how truly prosperous life can be by following it. Praise God!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 20 Jul 2010, 4:32 pm

What Is An Infidel?
Interestingly, I find that the more I walk with Christ the less I walk in the world, literally. I might go to the store, to a restaurant, or theme park, but I am careful of where and when I go. It is important that, as Christians, we remain separated from the world. Of course, one can not avoid the world completely, but one can learn to enter without being one with them. "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty." - II Corinthians 6:14-18. I use to think that an infidel was someone that had no sense, like another word for calling someone stupid, but that was far from knowing what an infidel is. An infidel is defined as someone who does not believe in and accept a particular faith or religion. A particular faith is just another way of saying a religion, so in other words, they are saying that if you do not believe the Jews, or the Catholics, or the Muslims, or the Mormons, or whatever religion they claim then you are an infidel. Okay, now, from the Bible point of view an infidel is not someone who does not believe in a religion, but in God's Word.

So many "Christians" make the mistake of thinking that belonging to a religion is what makes you a Christian. This is incorrect! It is actually not the person making the mistake, but the religion deceiving the people, namely the person who started that nonsense in the first place. For the Christian, an infidel is someone who does not believe in the Gospel of Christ, the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ and that He alone is the only way to heaven, not by works, but by their faith in Him. If you believe in and have personally accepted the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ than praise God because you are a true Christian and one of God's sons and daughters. It is not your religion that makes you a Christian, it is your belief in and acceptance of Jesus that makes you a Christian. Praise God! If your religion does not promote the Gospel and you think you have to keep working your way to heaven than you are being deceived. "Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified." - Galatians 2:16. No one is justified by their works, only by their faith in Jesus Christ, anyone who does not believe this is an infidel.

Now, as Christians, we are to love one another, but that does not mean we are to hang out with one another. The reason is that as long as one remains yoked (together) with infidels we do not grow nor get very far in our walk with Christ. If one truly wants Jesus to be Lord of their lives they need to separate themselves from infidels. "Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. LORD, what is man, that thou takest knowledge of him! or the son of man, that thou makest account of him! Man is like to vanity: his days are as a shadow that passeth away.... Rid me, and deliver me from the hand of strange children, whose mouth speaketh vanity, and their right hand is a right hand of falsehood: That our sons may be as plants grown up in their youth; that our daughters may be as corner stones, polished after the similitude of a palace:...Happy is that people, that is in such a case: yea, happy is that people, whose God is the LORD." - Psalm 144:1-4,11,12,15. People think that if they give up the world for God that they lose everything and can not do anything, but the truth is, those who all Christ to be Lord become happier and will even prosper well beyond what the world can offer. Oh, it can be challenging at times, but there is no better joy than living life for Christ. He is the one who gives us life. Praise God!

God bless those who are in homes with infidels, we can not always choose our home, but we can choose to stand firm in our relationship with Christ and not back down in our beliefs. God will take care of it, just trust Him and He will either lead the person to believe or He will take them out of the situation. There is a man that attends our church, he has been attending for a couple of years, he has been converted (accepted Christ), baptized, and joined the church. His wife was brought up Muslim and wanted nothing to do with the church, yet this man remains faithful and attends every week, sometimes with his son, but the wife never came, until last Sunday night. That is the power of God! Praise God! "The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy. The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works. All thy works shall praise thee, O LORD; and thy saints shall bless thee....The LORD upholdeth all that fall, and raiseth up all those that be bowed down. The eyes of all wait upon thee; and thou givest them their meat in due season. Thou openest thine hand, and satisfiest the desire of every living thing. The LORD is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works. The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth. He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them. The LORD preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy." - Psalm 145:8-10,14-20. It does not matter what religion one was brought up in, it matters that we know Christ as our Savior. I was brought up Catholic, if I died before I knew Christ I would have ended up in hell because I never knew that I needed to accept Him to go to heaven. I always thought I had to be good or I would not go regardless, but I was deceived and so is everyone else who was brought up this way. God loves everyone, but He will not save anyone who does not believe in His Word. Jesus is His Word and if one does not believe in Jesus one does not believe in His Word. He will save all who comes to Him regardless if they are a Jew, Catholic, Muslim, Mormon, or even an Evolutionist. Praise God! Whatever religion you were brought up in, He will save you if you come call on Him. Praise God!

Enjoy the rest of your day/night and an awesome week.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 19 Jul 2010, 10:17 am

Man Made Gods
Throughout the Bible you will often read that God is above all gods or something similar. "For I know that the LORD is great, and that our Lord is above all gods." - Psalm 135:5. To many Christians, especially new Christians, this can be a bit confusing since we learn that there is only One God. The truth is that there is only One God, now, God is in three persons, God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit, but all three are One body. "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one." - I John 5:7. Jesus is the Word made flesh, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made....And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." - John 1:1-3,14. This can be a bit confusing, but if you think about it, we can all be three persons in one. I am a daughter, a sister, and an aunt, I am still one body, but three different people at the same time. Yet, without one of them I would not be any of them. It is important that we realize even though we have One God, we need all three persons to know any of them. Without the Father, we do not exist, without Jesus we can not know the Father, and without the Holy Spirit we can not know Jesus.

Now, concerning the rest of the gods, these are all man made gods. The truth of this is that people get tired of waiting on God so they come up with their own god or gods thinking they will get a quicker response. This is confirmed in the Book of Exodus, "And when the people saw that Moses delayed to come down out of the mount, the people gathered themselves together unto Aaron, and said unto him, Up, make us gods, which shall go before us; for as for this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him....And all the people brake off the golden earrings which were in their ears, and brought them unto Aaron. And he received them at their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool, after he had made it a molten calf: and they said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt." - Exodus 32:1,3,4. Moses was up on the mount getting instructions from God and the people were getting impatient waiting for him to come down so they made their own gods. So, when God is saying, "I am above all gods" He is saying, I am the One and only true God and superior to all your man made gods.

You know the phrase, "Don't go to bed angry"? Well, it is natural to get angry form time to time, even Jesus got angry, but we are to "Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Neither give place to the devil." - Ephesians 4:26,27. Often man made gods are created when people get angry with God. Yes, it is okay to get angry and even ask God questions when we just do not understand what is going on. It is a sin to question His authority, He knows what is going on and what is best for us and often it is something we do not understand, but we can find hope in God through our questions. We just have to listen and wait patiently for Him to to answer and never go to bed being angry with God. "Lord, remember David, and all his afflictions: How he sware unto the LORD, and vowed unto the mighty God of Jacob; Surely I will not come into the tabernacle of my house, nor go up into my bed; I will not give sleep to mine eyes, or slumber to mine eyelids, Until I find out a place for the LORD, an habitation for the mighty God of Jacob." - Psalm 132:1-5. We are to never go to bed angry, especially without knowing where God is. God dwells within every person who knows Jesus Christ, so, He is always with you, you just have to be patient and trust in Him as He knows what is best for you.

Interestingly enough, anything can become a persons god. You see, the soul desires life and when it is feeling lifeless it will either look to the flesh or the spirit (what gives us life) to find life. If one is seeking life through the flesh than the soul thirsts for more to fulfill the flesh, likewise, if it is seeking life through the Spirit (which is God) the soul thirsts for more to fulfill the spirit. This is where many seek false gods to give life to their spirit, when they are feeling hopeless and discontent they seek comfort it in the form of material things, money, or people, something that makes them feel better about themselves and gives them hope. Sadly, this is where so many faithful Christians turn from God and go to false gods and religions. "For the LORD will judge his people, and he will repent himself concerning his servants. The idols of the heathen are silver and gold, the work of men's hands. They have mouths, but they speak not; eyes have they, but they see not; They have ears, but they hear not; neither is there any breath in their mouths. They that make them are like unto them: so is every one that trusteth in them. Bless the LORD, O house of Israel: bless the LORD, O house of Aaron: Bless the LORD, O house of Levi: ye that fear the LORD, bless the LORD. Blessed be the LORD out of Zion, which dwelleth at Jerusalem. Praise ye the LORD." - Psalm 135:14-21. Blessed are those who remain faithful to God no matter how difficult or hopeless things look. He will always give hope and comfort to those who remain faithful to Him. Satan is slick, he knows just enough Scripture and does just enough to give a little bit of hope to get a person convinced that my god works so he can get a hold of that lifeless soul. It is so important that we never lose sight of God's Word, it is our only defense against Satan.

Since Jesus is the Word made flesh that means that we are to know Jesus, the only way to know Jesus is to accept Him as your Savior. Once you know Jesus, the Father knows you and the Holy Spirit moves in to help you learn His Word. You see, that is why it is important to know that while there is only One God, we need all three persons in Him in order to learn, understand, and do what God brought us here for. "I will praise thee with my whole heart: before the gods will I sing praise unto thee. I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name. In the day when I cried thou answeredst me, and strengthenedst me with strength in my soul....Though the LORD be high, yet hath he respect unto the lowly: but the proud he knoweth afar off. Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me: thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and thy right hand shall save me. The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands." - Psalm 138:1-3,6-8. It is only because of God's mercy that we can even be saved. Praise God for His mercy endure forever!

Enjoy the rest of your day/night and a wonderful weekend.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 18 Jul 2010, 12:09 pm

Feasts & Famines
As we go through life from day to day we can go from feast to famine in no time, no one escapes trials in life, no matter how rich you are, how many people you know, or how many things you possess, no one escapes the feasts and famines in life. As Christians, we rejoice in the Lord in the feasts and even find the strength to rejoice in the famines and as we draw closer to Christ He gives us the hope and faith we need to remain faithful and keep going until we can feast again. From time to time we lose that hope and faith, not only during the famine, but the feasts as well. It is strange, but when we feast we tend to get a little lax with God, we give the illusion that everything is okay so we do not have to seek His help, then all of a sudden God says, "You have forgotten about me" and things begin to change to a famine again. So, how to we feast more and famine less? We keep our increase our time with God, instead of getting lax when things are going well. "That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises." - Hebrews 6:12. Feasts and famines are inevitable, but God never fails and is always there to give is hope and faith through it all, but we must never lose our sight of Him no matter how good things get.

One way to feast more is to pray, it is a good thing to pray and ask God for things even when we are feasting. Praying to God when everything seems good prepares us for the famine that lies ahead. "I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber. Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand. The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore." - Psalm 121. Praying preserves us for future famines, do not cease from praying, it is our only direct communication with God. I understand that it can be hard to ask God for things when you already have them and it may seem silly to ask Him for them, but nothing is too silly to ask God for. He wants us to ask Him for everything, even when we have it. Most often, when we are asking God for something it is for future reference. For example, if you pray for finances to come in and you are doing well you are preparing yourself for times when you need the finances. When I get hired to do as job I will continue to pray for work so I am assured of work in the future and as long as I keep doing that I get it. God knows what lies ahead, trust in Him as He prepares the way for you to be able to handle the feast or famine that is just around the corner.

Another way to feast more is to go to church, we can all read the Bible and do our own Bible studies, but we all need a church home, some place that we can fellowship with like minded people and hear God's Word spoken to us from a man of God. "I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD....Peace be within thy walls, and prosperity within thy palaces. For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee. Because of the house of the LORD our God I will seek thy good." - Psalm 122:1,7-9. Everyone needs to get into a God centered, Holy Bible preaching church, with out God and His Word there, it is just a building with four walls. Church keeps us faithful and obedient, the more we go the stronger we become in our walk with Christ. For those who are home bound let the church come to you, there is no better encouragement than to receive a visit from the preacher or other church members when we can not get out of the house. Many churches now will post sermons free online so you can hear the Word of God spoken if you can not get to church.

Another way to feast more is by reading God's Word. Let's face it, if we do not read God's Word for ourselves we are missing out on very important information that we need to remain faithful to God. If you are just starting out, just keep reading, the more you read the more God will reveal to you. Do not be afraid of it, it is the best novel that you will ever read and all true. Staying in God's Word can scare the living daylights out of us, but it is only by reading His Word that we learn to fear Him and trust Him as we are planted in Him. "They that trust in the LORD shall be as mount Zion, which cannot be removed, but abideth for ever. As the mountains are round about Jerusalem, so the LORD is round about his people from henceforth even for ever. For the rod of the wicked shall not rest upon the lot of the righteous; lest the righteous put forth their hands unto iniquity. Do good, O LORD, unto those that be good, and to them that are upright in their hearts. As for such as turn aside unto their crooked ways, the LORD shall lead them forth with the workers of iniquity: but peace shall be upon Israel." - Psalm 125. Peace comes upon all, even the wicked, when they put their trust in the Lord. Praise God!

The most important thing of all is knowing the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal Savior. He alone in the only way to communicate with God and to give us hope and faith through the famine. "And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God." - I John 5:11-13. Without Jesus everything just exists, you might enjoy things for a season, but it will not last. True hope and faith only comes through Jesus Christ who gives us life through His death, burial, and resurrection. If you have been taught anything else you have been lied to and need to learn the truth before it is too late. My church goes out in the community every Thursday and teaches people the truth about Christ, we go out two and two just like the Jesus said. My partner and I knocked on this door and this woman instantly began telling us that we were not Christians because we were a Baptist church. We tried to explain to her that a church had nothing to do with knowing who Jesus is, but she insisted that we were going to hell because of the church we belonged to. Church, religion, or doing good is not what keeps us from hell. It is only by believing in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ and confessing it that one is exempt from going to hell. People that instantly condemn you just by a name are more worried about their salvation than anyone who truly knows Christ as their personal Savior. So, if anyone ever confronts you and makes you doubt your salvation remember that as long as you from the bottom of your heart believe in Jesus and asked Him to save you that you are saved.

Like I said earlier, feasts and famines are inevitable, we are going to have a season of great things and we are going to have a season of no things, but through it all we need to have a personal relationship with God at all times. If you do not know if you are saved, look into it and let Jesus become your personal Savior. Get into a Bible believing church, read His Word, and never stop communicating with God. "For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;" - Colossians 1:9-11. The more we learn about God and His Word the more we will find joy in the famines while we wait patiently foe the feasts to arrive. Praise God!

Enjoy the rest of your day/night and weekend too.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jul 2010, 12:49 pm

Evolving As A Christian
As Christians if we want to grow and prosper in our walk with Christ we have to be obedient to the Word of God. Now, I imagine when most adults hear the word obedient they immediately think, I am not a kid or even worse, a dog. However, obedience simply means to comply with or follow God's commands, restrictions, wishes, or instructions, it is just another word for saying I am going to live a moral life with God in it. "Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD. Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart. They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways. Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently." - Psalm 119:1-4. The word precept it is defined as a commandment or direction given as a rule of action or conduct. I other words God has given us a command, if we are going to walk with Christ we need to live in obedience to His commands. And this is why probably 85% of the world ignores God or pretends as though He does not exist. It is incredible, but twice this week I have noticed where movies have mentioned that people evolved from a monkey. It is insane and ridiculous to think that people will believe such nonsense so they do not have to live in obedience to God. How do you think the theory of evolution even got started in the first place? Yes, it is just a theory and those who believe in it ought to be ashamed of themselves. Now, we can evolve as Christians, which means to develop gradually, but there is no way that a person was developed from a monkey. In fact, the so called proof these scientists use to get people to believe we evolved was pieced together by different parts of an animal along with a human jaw bone to give the illusion of evolution. The world is always going to try to come up with something to try and discredit God, but in the end they are going to have one harsh awakening. It is time for all Christians to man up, speak up, get in God's Word, and keep His precepts (commands) diligently (consistently).

There is nothing more satisfying than reading the Word of God, it literally gives life to a dead soul. Yes, life is hard and at times even harder and it can weaken the soul to the point that it feels as though it is dead, but the Spirit of God moves through those pages and livens us like nothing else can. "Make me to understand the way of thy precepts: so shall I talk of thy wondrous works. My soul melteth for heaviness: strengthen thou me according unto thy word. Remove from me the way of lying: and grant me thy law graciously. I have chosen the way of truth: thy judgments have I laid before me. I have stuck unto thy testimonies: O LORD, put me not to shame. I will run the way of thy commandments, when thou shalt enlarge my heart." - Psalm 119:27-32. As we read God's Word we learn His precepts and gradually desire to follow all of them. The more we read, the bigger our heart gets in living in obedience to it. It strengthens us, convicts us, grows us, and evolves us into strong, obedient, faithful Christians. I have flesh and have struggled in this as well, the day I decided to life my life for Christ I was a massage therapist, and it usually was men that I was massaging, as I began reading God's Word and living by His precepts I knew it was the wrong profession to be in and had to remove it from my life if I wanted to see God's blessings. Everyone has something of the world that they hold on to, but if we truly want God's blessings beyond what He is already giving us we have to let them go.

The great thing about removing not so good things is that they get replaced with even better things. Praise God! As we evolve as a Christian God blesses us beyond measure, we learn we have amazing talents that we never imagined we had. The mercy alone that God has upon us is incredible, we are saved by His mercy and that alone should be cause for anyone to make some kind of effort to follow His precepts. Let us rejoice in God's mercy and seek His truth, which only comes through His Word. "Let thy mercies come also unto me, O LORD, even thy salvation, according to thy word. So shall I have wherewith to answer him that reproacheth me: for I trust in thy word. And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth; for I have hoped in thy judgments. So shall I keep thy law continually for ever and ever. And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts." - Psalm 119:41-45. God says, "Just trust in my Word and I will take care of you." That's all He asks. How difficult can it be to give God your attention by learning what He has to say to you? This is a good reminder that in order to receive the Lords salvation one needs to know Jesus Christ personally as their Savior. Have you asked Jesus to save you yet? If not, right now is a good time.

God loves everyone of the people He created, even the ones who deny Him and came up with the theory of evolution. Sooner or later the truth will come out and all who deny Him will have to answer to Him alone. As Christians, we need to stand firm in our faith and walk in God's precepts consistently. Of course we are all going to have days where we want to give up, but that us proof that God is on your side and Satan is on your back to get you to question the power of God and His Word. "Depart from me, ye evildoers: for I will keep the commandments of my God. Uphold me according unto thy word, that I may live: and let me not be ashamed of my hope. Hold thou me up, and I shall be safe: and I will have respect unto thy statutes continually....It is time for thee, LORD, to work: for they have made void thy law. Therefore I love thy commandments above gold; yea, above fine gold. Therefore I esteem all thy precepts concerning all things to be right; and I hate every false way. Thy testimonies are wonderful: therefore doth my soul keep them." - Psalm 119:115-117,126-129. You can fight Satan by keeping your eyes on the truth and that is only by developing a consistent daily walk with Christ as you remain in God's Word. He is there for you and will give life to every soul that is weak. Praise God!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 16 Jul 2010, 3:04 pm

As Christians we can rejoice in knowing that when Jesus does return we have an express cloud ride waiting for us to meet the Savior. "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord." - I Thessalonians 4:16,17. As long as you have personally accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior you do not have to worry about all the destruction that is and about to take place in the world. Just today I was reading an article about an interfaith forum starting this weekend, promoting harmony within all religions. Their motto is, "Everyone matters to god (they did not even have enough respect to capitalize His name)." Of course, everyone matters to God, otherwise He would not have sent His Son to save every person on the earth, but the truth is, not everyone gets saved. How are these religions going to join as one when they can not even agree on who Jesus is? I use to attend an interdenominational church and I thought that was a bit odd, but at least they knew who Jesus was and that He was the only way to heaven. While it is a great thing to imagine everyone living in harmony, there will never be harmony in the world, that is, until Jesus returns and all the false religions, prophets, and preachers, are cast into the lake of fire along with Satan. "And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever." - Revelation 20:10. It is important that Christians remain separated from other religions, and even so called Christian religions who do not believe in the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ.

God knew the importance of separating religions even when the first group of people tried to build a tower to reach heaven. "And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech. So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city." - Genesis 11:6-8. God knew that if everyone remained together that all the people would be corrupted, therefore He created different languages and scattered the people so those who chose to follow God faithfully would not get corrupted by them. There is going to come a time when there is not going to be any harmony what so ever, only pure destruction between nations and even neighbors. "God hath spoken in his holiness; I will rejoice, I will divide Shechem, and mete out the valley of Succoth. Gilead is mine; Manasseh is mine; Ephraim also is the strength of mine head; Judah is my lawgiver; Moab is my washpot; over Edom will I cast out my shoe; over Philistia will I triumph. Who will bring me into the strong city? who will lead me into Edom? Wilt not thou, O God, who hast cast us off? and wilt not thou, O God, go forth with our hosts? Give us help from trouble: for vain is the help of man. Through God we shall do valiantly: for he it is that shall tread down our enemies." - Psalm 108:7-13.

Many of the Psalms written have prophecies concerning the coming of, Jesus Christ, it is amazing to think that salvation for those before Christ was born had the same meaning as it does now. In fact, they were told since Adam and Eve committed the first sin that the Messiah would be coming to save them from death and it was that faith that got them saved as well. However, they still had to be cleansed from their sins and the only way at that time was through an animal sacrifice (something willing to take their place for their death), which was an unblemished (pure) animal. King David was inspired by the Holy Spirit to foretell many of the prophecies of Christ, here is one that was fulfilled when Jesus ascended up into heaven and is now sitting at thte right hand of God. "The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool. The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies. Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth. The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek. The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath. He shall judge among the heathen, he shall fill the places with the dead bodies; he shall wound the heads over many countries. He shall drink of the brook in the way: therefore shall he lift up the head." - Psalm 110.

Christ will reign by divine appointment in Israel, as a nation, even though they rejected Him and their Messiah King. When we consider Him, we can rejoice with the psalmist who said, "Praise ye the LORD. Blessed is the man that feareth the LORD, that delighteth greatly in his commandments. His seed shall be mighty upon earth: the generation of the upright shall be blessed. Wealth and riches shall be in his house: and his righteousness endureth for ever. Unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness: he is gracious, and full of compassion, and righteous." - Psalm 112:1-4.

God, the Father, who in His own time will reveal His Son from Heaven, is the God who, as we wait on Him, prepares us for the revelation of His Son. It is sometimes easier to be satisfied with our Christian experiences of the past or to study the prophetic events of the future than it is to be faithful in our responsibilities of today. There is also a danger of being more occupied with the things that are coming than with Him who is to come. Let us not allow the interest and pleasure of intellectual Bible study replace our true love of Jesus Christ and His appearing. "Ye that fear the LORD, trust in the LORD: he is their help and their shield. The LORD hath been mindful of us: he will bless us; he will bless the house of Israel; he will bless the house of Aaron. He will bless them that fear the LORD, both small and great. The LORD shall increase you more and more, you and your children. Ye are blessed of the LORD which made heaven and earth." - Psalm 115:11-15.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 15 Jul 2010, 1:43 pm

Faith & Obedience To God's Word
Knowing God's Word and learning to be obedient to it must be the sincere desire of every Christian. His Word, when believed and acted upon, is the means God has chosen to supply and satisfy every need through Jesus the Living Word. Only by faith and obedience to God's Word can we obtain the tools needed to get through every trial and see the true blessings God has waiting for us.

In today's Psalms we are reminded of just how much God faithfully blessed Israel, even though they continuously fell into sin. God miraculously delivered them from Egyptian slavery, provided the promised land, given them victory over the Canaanites and even given them great prosperity, yet they still managed to forget all that God had done for them. The unknown psalmist reminds Israel of their unfaithfulness just as their fathers were. "We have sinned with our fathers, we have committed iniquity, we have done wickedly. Our fathers understood not thy wonders in Egypt; they remembered not the multitude of thy mercies; but provoked him at the sea, even at the Red sea. Nevertheless he saved them for his name's sake, that he might make his mighty power to be known. He rebuked the Red sea also, and it was dried up: so he led them through the depths, as through the wilderness. And he saved them from the hand of him that hated them, and redeemed them from the hand of the enemy. And the waters covered their enemies: there was not one of them left. Then believed they his words; they sang his praise. They soon forgat his works; they waited not for his counsel: But lusted exceedingly in the wilderness, and tempted God in the desert." - Psalm 106:6-14. The psalmist reminded them of the numerous times that along with their fathers they were redeemed out of the hand of their enemies, yet when things got comfortable they stopped seeking Him, falling right back into sin and tempting God. No matter how faithful we are to serving God, we all have been guilty of this. Most of the time we are faithful to reading His Word, praying, and seeking Him when we are facing difficulties, but become slothful with God when things are going good, that is until we get into trouble again.

There are always inevitable consequences when one continues to live in sin, the most significant is God allowing them to suffer the consequences all on their own. "Therefore was the wrath of the LORD kindled against his people, insomuch that he abhorred his own inheritance. And he gave them into the hand of the heathen; and they that hated them ruled over them. Their enemies also oppressed them, and they were brought into subjection under their hand. Many times did he deliver them; but they provoked him with their counsel, and were brought low for their iniquity." - Psalm 106:40-43. When God sees that we tempting Him or mocking His authority He will deliver us into the hands of our enemy and we will face the consequences. David, whom was one of the most godliest men of the Old Testament is guilty of this, if you remember, he committed adultery with another mans wife, Bathsheba, got her pregnant, and tried to cover it up, but when nothing worked he had Bathsheba's husband killed in combat. The consequences of his sin resulted in him and Bathsheba losing the baby as well as the respect of many people, even his eldest son who tried to have him dethroned and killed. God does not do these things because He wants to, He does them to teach us and show us our error. Those who are truly committed to God will see their error and repent, not get offended when they face chastisement. David saw his error, repented and was redeemed from his sins.

Although God does chastise us, he does bless us in the end as long as we turn to Him, "He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death, and brake their bands in sunder. Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men! For he hath broken the gates of brass, and cut the bars of iron in sunder. Fools because of their transgression, and because of their iniquities, are afflicted. Their soul abhorreth all manner of meat; and they draw near unto the gates of death. Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and he saveth them out of their distresses. He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions. Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!" - Psalm 107:14-21. There is nothing of this world that will sustain one's spiritual nature and nothing will satisfy the hungering and thirsting of the soul more than the Word of God. His Word alone is the infallible healer of all sufferings and sorrows. There is no other reliable source of counsel for the inner conflicts that seek to control our minds and emotions.

God teaches us the necessity of faith in His Word and its unlimited resources, Jesus Said, "If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth." - Mark 23:9. Experience has taught us that most of us are prone to view our problems based on our human abilities. But, throughout the Bible, we are taught the absolute necessity of relying on God's Word to reveal His will for every problem and every situation, without exception. Through daily Bible reading and prayer, we obtain the insight to guide us and to fulfill all His promises.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 14 Jul 2010, 12:27 pm

God's Mercy & Judgment
God's mercy is great! God's mercy endures forever! "O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever." - I Chronicles 16:34. The phrase "His mercy endureth forever" is written forty-two times in the Bible. The word mercy means to be forgiving and having compassion. The word endure means to remain and bare the hardships together. So God is saying, "I know you are going to sin, but I have compassion on you and will forgive you, I will not leave you, just come to me and we can get through the hardships together. Isn't God great? No matter how much of a mess we have gotten ourselves into He will never leave us and will even help us clean it up. "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." - I John 1:9. Praise God! Now, that does not mean that we are not going to get a punishment along with it, but it does mean that He loves us and does not want to see us suffer any longer than we have to. Going through the guilt of sin causes much more suffering than dealing with the chastening. "For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?" - Hebrews 12:6,7. Our earthly father chastened us when we got into trouble, God is no different. We are His children and He wants to see us have the best life we can possible have on earth because if we can endure the pain and suffering of this world with God than greater will our reward be as we no longer have to suffer or see sin when we reach the Kingdom of God. Praise God!
God's mercy and judgment get us right with Him, once we go through chastisement, most people learn from their punishment and do not do it again. God's judgment teaches us literally to behave ourselves. "I will sing of mercy and judgment: unto thee, O LORD, will I sing. I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart. I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me. A froward heart shall depart from me: I will not know a wicked person. Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour, him will I cut off: him that hath an high look and a proud heart will not I suffer. Mine eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me: he that walketh in a perfect way, he shall serve me. He that worketh deceit shall not dwell within my house: he that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight. I will early destroy all the wicked of the land; that I may cut off all wicked doers from the city of the LORD." - Psalm 101. The more we obey God and follow His will in our lives the less we want to sin, the less we want to sin the more we want to remove the things, including people who cause us to sin from our lives. The more we do to please God the more He trusts us to be His servants (workers).
Do you feel like you have done something so bad that God will never forgive you? Stop thinking like that! Let it go, He loves you and has just as much mercy on you as He does everyone else. Tell God how you feel inside, let Him know that You truly are sorry for what you have done."Hear my prayer, O LORD, and let my cry come unto thee. Hide not thy face from me in the day when I am in trouble; incline thine ear unto me: in the day when I call answer me speedily. For my days are consumed like smoke, and my bones are burned as an hearth. My heart is smitten, and withered like grass; so that I forget to eat my bread. By reason of the voice of my groaning my bones cleave to my skin....He will regard the prayer of the destitute, and not despise their prayer. This shall be written for the generation to come: and the people which shall be created shall praise the LORD. For he hath looked down from the height of his sanctuary; from heaven did the LORD behold the earth; To hear the groaning of the prisoner; to loose those that are appointed to death;" - Psalm 102:1-5,17-20. God hears you, He knows your heart, your pain, and your guilt. He is right there listening, watching, and waiting for you to call on Him.
We all mess up, we all get punished, but when we repent we reconcile with God and all is forgotten. I will tell you that years ago I got involved with a man that got me to do some immoral things and even though I went through the punishment and repented I held on to the guilt for a while. Whenever something would remind me of him I would seek forgiveness all over again. Then one day the Holy Spirit finally got my attention and let me know that every time I bring up something that God has forgiven me for already I am making Him out to be a liar and committing sin. You see, we are the ones who keep God from forgetting the past, when we ask Him to forgive us the sin is forgotten, never to be remembered, but when we keep seeking forgiveness for something He has already forgotten we sin by doubting His mercy toward us. Instead of dwelling on the past, let it go, yes, there are going to be some things that will remind you of what you have done, but instead of feeling guilty, rejoice. Tell God how much you are thankful for what He has brought you out of. "Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's. The LORD executeth righteousness and judgment for all that are oppressed." - Psalm 103:1-6. Every morning I thank God for taking me out of the sinful life I was leading.
You must remember, God made you the way you are, you are who you are today because of His mercy and judgment for you. Rejoice at what He has created in you. "Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth. The glory of the LORD shall endure for ever: the LORD shall rejoice in his works. He looketh on the earth, and it trembleth: he toucheth the hills, and they smoke. I will sing unto the LORD as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being. My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the LORD." - Psalm 104:30-34. You are chosen to be one of His children, yes He created everyone here on earth, but you are chosen personally by Him to be a part of His family. "O give thanks unto the LORD; call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people. Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him: talk ye of all his wondrous works. Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD. Seek the LORD, and his strength: seek his face evermore. Remember his marvellous works that he hath done; his wonders, and the judgments of his mouth; O ye seed of Abraham his servant, ye children of Jacob his chosen." - Psalm 105:1-6. God has done a marvelous work in you, thank Him for it, praise Him for His mercy and judgment, and keep pressing forward to the day you get to see your great, great, grandfather Jacob and great, great, great, great grandfather Abraham in the Kingdom of God. Praise God!
Enjoy the rest of your day/night and have a wonderful week.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 13 Jul 2010, 5:15 pm

GOOD NEWS
Worshiping God
As Christians we are to worship God faithfully through both the joys and sorrows of life. Of course we are going to feel pain and grief from time to time, but worshiping God even through the sorrows actually aids in relieving those sorrows and seeing hope for the future. Much of the world and maybe even some who have fallen away from God think that by worshiping God it means you have to be His slave, someone who bows down to Him at His beck and call and gets beaten if he does not do what He says. However, worshiping God has nothing to do with being a slave to God, it's about honoring Him, having respect for, and showing your love toward Him for all that He has done for you. "For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:" - I Timothy 4:4. Worshiping God shows Him that you are truly grateful and thankful for not only taking you out of the bondage of Satan and hell, but whatever it is that He brought you out of from as well. Praise God! Of course, God is going to get angry with you if you continue to live in sin and you will be chastised, but He does it because He loves you and wants to show you how to have the best life by putting Him first.
Worship is not a time set aside for receiving personal satisfaction or for the enjoyment of a sermon. Worship should be an active, heartfelt expression of prayer, praise, and adoration, demonstrating our esteem for our Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ. "IT IS A GOOD THING TO GIVE THANKS UNTO THE LORD, AND TO SING PRAISES UNTO THY NAME, O MOST HIGH: To shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night, Upon an instrument of ten strings, and upon the psaltery; upon the harp with a solemn sound. For thou, LORD, hast made me glad through thy work: I will triumph in the works of thy hands. O LORD, how great are thy works! and thy thoughts are very deep." - Psalm 92:1-5. Following this, all else, including the sermon, becomes more meaningful.
Some lack spiritual fulfillment because they have decided to reflect the mood and attitude of unbelievers when confronted with adverse circumstances, such as the loss of a job, the death of a loved one, a divorce, the betrayal of a friend, or some other painful experience. By deciding to be unhappy and dissatisfied, they deprive themselves of the joy of an abundant, peaceful life. "He that chastiseth the heathen, shall not he correct? he that teacheth man knowledge, shall not he know? The LORD knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity. Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O LORD, and teachest him out of thy law; That thou mayest give him rest from the days of adversity, until the pit be digged for the wicked. For the LORD will not cast off his people, neither will he forsake his inheritance." - Psalm 94:10-14. Worshiping God is more than just emotions. True worship is loving obedience to all His Word, even when we are being chastised. God knows our heart and also knows that we are going to get into trouble from time to time, but regardless He will not cast us away, making sure that we return to righteousness. What a wonderful thought to know that no matter how many mistakes we make God will get us back on the right path. The world will never understand what that means, but we can thank God and sing praise to Him knowing that He is teaching us to be the best that we can be.
When we think of all our Lord has done for us, in us, and with us, and all He has promised to us for all eternity, we cannot help but decide to praise, worship, and serve Him faithfully. "Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands. Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing. Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations." - Psalm 100. No matter what we are going through we need to thank God and praise Him through it all. Put on some uplifting music and sing to God, it does not matter if you can not sing, it's beautiful music to Him. If you play an instrument, praise Him by playing music for Him, as you do these things your mood and your attitude begins to change, you no longer feel hopeless, confused, or frustrated, but feel a great sense of relief. Praise God!
God Bless You, I am praying for you,
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 12 Jul 2010, 1:14 pm

A Relationship With Christ
As Christians it is important to develop a relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ, the second one calls on Jesus to save him the relationship begins. Just like any relationship, it takes time getting to know one another, but if they never make an effort the relationship will never develop into very much. In order to know Jesus one has to learn about Him and the only way to learn about Him is through the Word of God. Please do not pick up some book written by someone who thinks they know who Jesus is, of course, there are some great study guides out there, but one can not discern the truth simply by what someone else tells them, unless they are reading it from the Holy Bible. "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works." - II timothy 3:16,17. We can not do the work that God has called us to do if we do not what that is.
Developing a relationship with Christ enables us to learn the Word of God through the Holy Spirit, who then guides us to a loving and trusting relationship with God.
If we do not have a relationship with Christ we leave things up to our own reasoning to figure out God's likes and dislikes. When that happens we get ourselves into trouble because instead of living a life lead by God we live a life creating our own God. Why do you think there are so many different religions out there? It is people making up God to be who they want Him to be. People who do develop a relationship personally with Christ are in for a harsh awakening. "Blessed are they that dwell in thy house: they will be still praising thee. Selah. Blessed is the man whose strength is in thee; in whose heart are the ways of them............Behold, O God our shield, and look upon the face of thine anointed. For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness. For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly. For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly. O LORD of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee." - Psalm 84:4,5,9-12. Sometimes the unbelieving world looks down on the Christian who turns his back on the pleasures of this world. But to be a servant of the Most High God is better than all the pleasure of a rich man's world. Praise God!
Our human nature wants guidance as far in advance as possible instead of being content to develop a relationship with Christ one step at a time. Some of our mistakes in guidance come from our wanting to see beyond the next turn in the road before we are willing to proceed, others from racing ahead on our own without praying or waiting on the Lord's leading. Though our actions may seem good and right in our own eyes, in God's eyes it disobedience. Reading God's Word helps us understand and listen to what the Holy Spirit is trying to say to us. "I will hear what God the LORD will speak: for he will speak peace unto his people, and to his saints: but let them not turn again to folly. Surely his salvation is nigh them that fear him; that glory may dwell in our land. Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other. Truth shall spring out of the earth; and righteousness shall look down from heaven. Yea, the LORD shall give that which is good; and our land shall yield her increase. Righteousness shall go before him; and shall set us in the way of his steps." - Psalm 85:8-13. Once we understand the loving care of God over each of His children, we need not allow fear to cause doubt and destroy our relationship with Him. This is the practical wisdom we should treasure in our hearts.
The Holy Spirit guided David to unite the only two weapons of our spiritual warfare, prayer and Word of God. Psalm 86 expresses the power we have when these two weapons become our shield for life. "Bow down thine ear, O LORD, hear me: for I am poor and needy. Preserve my soul; for I am holy: O thou my God, save thy servant that trusteth in thee. Be merciful unto me, O Lord: for I cry unto thee daily. Rejoice the soul of thy servant: for unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul. For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee. Give ear, O LORD, unto my prayer; and attend to the voice of my supplications. In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee: for thou wilt answer me." - Psalm 86:1-7. David continued in worship to confess God's mercy and readiness to forgive. He expressed the utmost confidence that God listens to His people's prayers and delivers them from all harm regardless of their circumstances. The godly person does not depend upon previous learning to continue a day-by-day walk in the way of truth, but upon the continual daily guidance of God through His Word. Instruction is much more than just information; it is also the means to understand His will and to be obedient, for it carries the thought of correction. The child of God never graduates from God's school of instruction; that is why all of us need to read His Word each day.
We can all have a wonderful, prosperous relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ, and when we do, the blessings just pour in. Of course, we are still going to go through some suffering, but enduring the suffering together makes the relationship even stronger. "Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore. For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell....But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, long suffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth. " - Psalm 86:11-13,15. Praise God!
Enjoy the rest of your day/night and have an awesome weekend.
<><
You Will Be Walking Again

As Christians our faith in God never remains the same, oh, one may remain faithful to God, but how much faith we have in God differs, usually upon the circumstances we are facing and if we are not daily walking with God, the faithfulness will become the unfaithfulness. Does it feel as though nothing ever changes and that you will never see an end to the circumstances you are facing? Do not give up hope. Do not stop believing in God's great power. Jesus said; "If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you." - Luke 17:6. A mustard seed is one of the tiniest seeds on earth, but it grows into one of the biggest trees. As long as we have just enough faith planted in us we have hope that we can get through any of the circumstances we are facing. If we daily walk with God through those circumstances we will increase our faith in Him, becoming stronger in mind, body, and spirit, which in turn enables us to to overcome them. Think about it, a person has been in a car accident and is unable to walk, the only way to be able to walk again is through intense physical therapy. It is going to be painful, but as long as he has a little bit of faith that he is going to walk again, he will be walking again. The more he progresses the stronger his faith gets, the quicker he recovers, but if he does not make an attempt to go through the therapy his faith will never increase, but decrease, often to the point that it is completely gone and he never walks again. The same is true for the Christian who never does anything to increase his faith in God through his circumstances, if he is not daily walking with God, his faith will decrease and eventually be gone to the point that he no longer believes in God at all. God has faith in you, He wants you to walk again and as long as you keep holding on the that little bit of faith, you will be walking again.
We all get discouraged from time to time, when we are living in sin it is easier to understand if we do not see a change in our circumstances, but when we are living right, one can not help, but wonder if God is even paying attention. Perhaps you may feel as the psalmist writes; "O lord God of my salvation, I have cried day and night before thee: Let my prayer come before thee: incline thine ear unto my cry; For my soul is full of troubles: and my life draweth nigh unto the grave....LORD, why castest thou off my soul? why hidest thou thy face from me? I am afflicted and ready to die from my youth up: while I suffer thy terrors I am distracted. Thy fierce wrath goeth over me; thy terrors have cut me off." - Psalm 88:1-3,14-16. Our circumstances can distract us to the point that we think God does not hear our prayers, but it is okay to talk to God and just tell Him how you are feeling, He is listening. Yesterday, in fact, the past few weeks I have been struggling to keep my focus on God. He has me working on this project, on top of the other work that I do, and the more I try to get it done the more difficulties I face. It is a bit discouraging and I find myself questioning whether or not I am doing the right thing. This morning I just said to God; "I need Your power, wisdom, and guidance to get me through this day, please do not try me today, You know I need you." And you know what? For the first time in two weeks I have not just stared at the screen for a hour trying to locate some kind of message to write until the Holy Spirit speaks to me and says; "You are not listening to me." God is speaking to us, we just have to pay attention to what He is trying to tell us.
God knows what you need, you just have to ask Him for it, it is all about communication, you can talk to God all day long. Did you know that He reads your mind? Did you know that Satan can not read your mind? He can plant things in your head, but he can not hear what you are saying in your head. So, if you talk to God in your head, all day long, your faith will increase as Satan can not discourage you because he does not know what you and God are talking about. Praise God! "Thou hast a mighty arm: strong is thy hand, and high is thy right hand. Justice and judgment are the habitation of thy throne: mercy and truth shall go before thy face. Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O LORD, in the light of thy countenance. In thy name shall they rejoice all the day: and in thy righteousness shall they be exalted. For thou art the glory of their strength: and in thy favour our horn shall be exalted. For the LORD is our defence; and the Holy One of Israel is our king." - Psalm 89:13-18. Talking to God and praising Him all day gets us walking and increases our faith in Him. In fact, we see light through the darkest of circumstances the more we praise Him and talk to Him throughout the day. Praise God! We not only see the light we become stronger because God is our strength. We can get through anything with the power of God.
One important step to get you walking is by reading God's Word, do not be afraid of it, He gave it to us to help us. Some of my favorite books to read out of the Old Testament are Job, Joshua, Ecclesiastes, and Isaiah. The Book of Job is very special to me, when I could not walk God sent me to this book and it was only by reading it that I was able to start walking again. Some of my favorite books to read out of the New Testament is Luke, Romans, Philippians, and Hebrews. Romans reminds me that Christ is my Savior and that He has done so much for me. Find a book that you can relate to and hold on to it, go to it every time your faith is tried. Find a secret place where you can be alone with God and go to it every time you can not walk. "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;... For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone. Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet. Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation." - Psalm 91:1-5,11-16. When we put our trust in God, who is our refuge, He takes us under His wings and protects us from the dangers that are around us. We may have to suffer some, but He will always deliver us to victory. Perhaps the most important victory is our salvation. It is only by trusting in our Lord as our Savior that we even have our salvation. Praise God!
What is the biggest challenge you are facing? Are you afraid to go through the spiritual therapy needed to walk again? Keep holding on to that little bit of faith, pick up the Bible, get in the Word of God, even if it is a verse a day, each day your faith will increase and you will be increasing that faith more and more and be walking in no time. "Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour." - Ephesians 5:1,2. Praise God!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next