» HAMAS: Kill Every Jew Destroy Israel.
Source:- GOOD NEWS - Page 15 EmptyYesterday at 11:43 am by Admin

» Boris Johnson wins race to become UK’s next prime minister
Source:- GOOD NEWS - Page 15 EmptyYesterday at 11:26 am by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Source:- GOOD NEWS - Page 15 EmptyYesterday at 11:11 am by Admin

» WAR DRUMS
Source:- GOOD NEWS - Page 15 EmptyYesterday at 10:34 am by Admin

» BIRTH PANGS – Series of Powerful Earthquakes Volcano's Strike Around the Globe
Source:- GOOD NEWS - Page 15 EmptyYesterday at 10:33 am by Admin

» servant @ TWO LISTENERS
Source:- GOOD NEWS - Page 15 EmptyYesterday at 10:27 am by Admin

» Daily Disciples
Source:- GOOD NEWS - Page 15 EmptyYesterday at 10:26 am by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Source:- GOOD NEWS - Page 15 EmptyYesterday at 10:24 am by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Source:- GOOD NEWS

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Source:- GOOD NEWS - Page 15 Empty Re: Source:- GOOD NEWS

Post  Admin on Sat 10 Jul 2010, 4:34 pm

Lukewarm Christians
One thing that probably angers God the most is a lukewarm Christian, a lukewarm Christian is one that has been saved, knows he can come to God at any time, but chooses to live according to his own will rather than God's, except when he gets in trouble. "I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:" - Revelation 3:15-17. What God is saying, "I know what you are doing, you follow my will when you want something, then once you get it, you go right back to doing your own thing. I would rather you to remain (wert) one way or the other. Because you follow me halfheartedly I am not going to help you any longer." Being a lukewarm Christian is like a person who has gone to prison and while he in there he behaves, but once he gets out he goes right back to his life of crime. God loves us all, but just like any father who loves his child he can not help them if they do not want to stay out of trouble. What it all comes down to is this, if you say you are going to follow Christ, than do it, follow through with your agreement. If you are going to remain in the world, don't expect God to get you out of trouble, you are going to suffer all on your own. However, one thing a lukewarm Christian can count on is that God is right there to pick you up when you finally choose to follow Him wholeheartedly. Praise God!

God had chosen Israel to be His witness to the world. As His people, they were to be examples of how He would bless all who honor Him and His Word. From the time they left Egypt they saw great miracles from God, yet never appreciated or thanked God for all He had done for them. All God wanted was a little recognition for His hard work and for the Israelites to remain faithful to Him, but what He constantly got was lukewarm Israelites, who only came to Him when they were being chastised. "They kept not the covenant of God, and refused to walk in his law; And forgat his works, and his wonders that he had shewed them....And they sinned yet more against him by provoking the most High in the wilderness. And they tempted God in their heart by asking meat for their lust. Yea, they spake against God; they said, Can God furnish a table in the wilderness? Behold, he smote the rock, that the waters gushed out, and the streams overflowed; can he give bread also? can he provide flesh for his people? Therefore the LORD heard this, and was wroth: so a fire was kindled against Jacob, and anger also came up against Israel; Because they believed not in God, and trusted not in his salvation:.. .When he slew them, then they sought him: and they returned and enquired early after God. And they remembered that God was their rock, and the high God their redeemer. Nevertheless they did flatter him with their mouth, and they lied unto him with their tongues. For their heart was not right with him, neither were they stedfast in his covenant." - Psalm 78:1011,17-22, 34-37. God knows each and every heart of His children, He knows if they are seeking Him wholeheartedly or really have no intention of remaining faithful to Him. Remember, God is always in control, but He also gives us the freewill to decide for ourselves whether or not we will remain faithful to Him. He will allow wickedness to enter a Christians life if that is what he wants, but He will not be there to back him up when he gets into trouble. However, He is always listening for that sweet sound of a heart beating only for Him.

Rebellion is the key that keeps Christians from living in the will of God wholeheartedly, from the time God created man and woman rebellion has literally destroyed His people. They want what the flesh desires and want it now. We all get rebellious at times, no one wants to be told what to do, the second the flesh gets wind that it can not have or do something rebellion kicks in. There is a constant battle going on within our own bodies, a battle between the flesh and the Spirit. Like I said earlier in the week, the soul feeds off of both and if we are not following God wholeheartedly the flesh will take over and become rebellious over the Spirit. That is why it is important that we never lose sight of God for any reason. Sure you are going to mess up from time to time, even in the will of God, but God knows your heart and will be there to help you. "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." - I John 1:1. Praise God!

God is longing for us to trust Him and look beyond our own human resources to His endless supply. He has not promised that we will not face any trials, but He has promised to protect and always be there for us. "Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation. Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever." - Hebrews 13:5-8. When times of discouragement come, then is the best time to count our blessings and remember where the Lord brought us from, especially from the depths of hell. Praise God!

Enjoy the rest of your day/night and week.
God Bless You, I am praying for you
Admin
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 09 Jul 2010, 1:48 pm

True Prosperity
As Christians we can rejoice in knowing that even though we may be poor we have the riches of heaven waiting for us. While we all need money, if we are not careful, it can turn the most faithful Christian away from God. "But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows." - I Timothy 6:9,10. If there is one thing I have learned over the past twenty-three years of working is that money truly is the root of all evil. I remember my first job, I was a dishwasher, making $3.25 a hour, it was not the best job, but I enjoyed working there and happily accepted that pay check each week. As the years went on, the jobs got more advanced and the wages higher, but the higher the wages, the less I enjoyed the job, I accepted the pay check, but was not really happy, I always wanted it to be bigger. Don't we all? Well, I was never even close to being a millionaire, but I was prosperous for a while and got all the things I wanted. What I did not have was God, so, the more money I got, the more I wanted, the more I wanted, the more money I needed, the more I needed, the more I did to get it. It was a viscous cycle that I am not proud of and so glad God took me out of. We all would like to enjoy prosperity and receive things we can not always afford and we can have them. True prosperity comes from relying on the promises of God that He will always provide for us. "Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate; Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life." - I Timothy 6:17-19.

The world thinks that money gives them power and while they may be able to buy off the rest of the money hungry people, they can not buy off God. God has all power, He is alive and well and no matter how much money you have all will bow down and be pleading before God. There is only one way to God and that is through Jesus Christ, if you have Jesus then you do not have to worry about money because God will provide for you. "Yea, all kings shall fall down before him: all nations shall serve him. For he shall deliver the needy when he crieth; the poor also, and him that hath no helper. He shall spare the poor and needy, and shall save the souls of the needy. He shall redeem their soul from deceit and violence: and precious shall their blood be in his sight....His name shall endure for ever: his name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in him: all nations shall call him blessed. Blessed be the LORD God, the God of Israel, who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be his glorious name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with his glory; Amen, and Amen." - Psalm 72:11-14,17-19. God will redeem anyone, even the most wealthiest person, as long as they let go of their pride and call on Jesus. He will get all to see that money is not what they need, God is who they need. It is amazing just how blessed one becomes when they put their faith and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ. I lost everything I had to see that He was who I needed all along. In fact, the more I put my trust in Him, the more prosperous I become. Praise God!

Yes, it can be a bit frustrating to see those who live wickedly prosper, they will be the first to tell you that the do not need God. A series of Psalms attributed to Asaph, David's song leader, we written regarding his frustration. He wondered why the wicked were not plagued with sufferings that the child of God had to endure. "For I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked. For there are no bands in their death: but their strength is firm. They are not in trouble as other men; neither are they plagued like other men....They are corrupt, and speak wickedly concerning oppression: they speak loftily. They set their mouth against the heavens, and their tongue walketh through the earth. Therefore his people return hither: and waters of a full cup are wrung out to them. And they say, How doth God know? and is there knowledge in the most High? Behold, these are the ungodly, who prosper in the world; they increase in riches." - Psalm 73:3-5,8-12. You see how we are no different from those who were around centuries ago? They dealt with the same issues and had the same questions as we do. While it may look as though those who are ungodly have everything and do not suffer the do suffer. The wicked might think they prosper or are in control, but the reality of it is, they are just puppets on a string, controlled by the money. They have to buy people to hang out with them, they have no life other than making money, they buy their and everyone elses love. If they lost everything in an instant, they would have no one. Praise God that we have Jesus, when we lose everything, we still have Jesus and always have true friends and loved ones who are there for us.

The psalmist gained a true perspective of life's problems when he realized God was always with Him. When all other resources fail and we discover that God, and God alone, is adequate to satisfy our every need. We draw near to Him and His presence will banish all our darkness and brighten and beautify our lives with His Light, endless love, and loyalty. "I cried unto God with my voice, even unto God with my voice; and he gave ear unto me. In the day of my trouble I sought the Lord: my sore ran in the night, and ceased not: my soul refused to be comforted. I remembered God, and was troubled: I complained, and my spirit was overwhelmed. Selah....I will remember the works of the LORD: surely I will remember thy wonders of old. I will meditate also of all thy work, and talk of thy doings. Thy way, O God, is in the sanctuary: who is so great a God as our God? Thou art the God that doest wonders: thou hast declared thy strength among the people." - Psalm 77:1-3,11-14. The disciple who accepts the course of life's events as being under the control of God will trust Him and thank Him in humble prayer for the needed grace and countless blessings of God. He will have taken the first step in the path that leads to daily fellowship with the Lord and a wholehearted surrender to live entirely for Christ. Then he will see just how prosperous life truly is, whether he has $1 or $1,000,000. Praise God!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 08 Jul 2010, 1:20 pm

Seeking God's Righteousness
One thing that all Christians can count on is God's awesome mercy and grace to forgive all who put their trust in the Lord Jesus Christ to save them from their sins and hell. Praise God! No matter how many times we get ourselves in trouble God is always there to help bail us out, it pleases Him to see one of His children repent and humbly seek His help. The word please means to delight in, to be full of joy. So, when God is pleased, He is full of joy over His children coming to Him and asking Him for help. What pleases Him most is not getting in trouble in the first place. "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." - Matthew 6:33. To receive God's blessings we need to get saved and seek His righteousness, meaning, do what is good in His sight. Pleasing God is more than just seeking forgiveness, it is about seeking His righteousness and changing your life with Christ leading the way.

It is amazing just how merciful God is, He is more merciful than any of us will ever be to anyone here on earth. Of course, He knows we are going to sin from time to time because of the sinful flesh that we carry around with us, but as we allow Jesus to lead us we learn to seek God's righteousness and that includes having mercy on those who have wronged us or a loved one. "God be merciful unto us, and bless us; and cause his face to shine upon us; Selah. That thy way may be known upon earth, thy saving health among all nations. Let the people praise thee, O God; let all the people praise thee. O let the nations be glad and sing for joy: for thou shalt judge the people righteously, and govern the nations upon earth. Selah." - Psalm 67:1-4. We are all going to face the judgment seat one day, God knows the heart and will judge us according to how we handle people who have wronged us. He is not a respecter of persons, therefore He does not expect us to be. "But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.... For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment." - James 2:9,13. God will have no mercy on those who do not have mercy toward others.

An amazing transformation happens as we seek God's righteousness, people and things that were once essential in our lives disappear and are replaced by people or things that please God. Do not be offended or surprised to see a dear friend turn on you, many will flee as you seek God's righteousness, but keep on praising Him and do not worry about them because He will help you get through the mocking and persecution you are going to face. God abundantly blesses those who trust in His salvation, but keep in mind, anyone who has been abusing God's mercy with no intention of seeking His righteousness is going to suffer. "Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah. He that is our God is the God of salvation; and unto GOD the Lord belong the issues from death. But God shall wound the head of his enemies, and the hairy scalp of such an one as goeth on still in his trespasses." - Psalm 68:19-21. You will often hear people say, "I can do what I want because God will forgive me for it". And they wonder why their life is such a mess? Comments like that show God that they have no respect for Him, can care less about Him, and are abusing His generosity. It is like a person who has no ambition in life, but wants everything handed to him and gets mad because no one wants to do anything to help him. God has no mercy on those who do not even try to do anything to change their lives for Him. God will not be mocked and those who continue to live in sin with no intention of changing will suffer. "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting." - Galatians 6:7,8.

Eventually all who live unrighteously will seek comfort and pity from those around them and will not find it, but God is merciful and forgiving to all who come to Him. "Save me, O God; for the waters are come in unto my soul. I sink in deep mire, where there is no standing: I am come into deep waters, where the floods overflow me. I am weary of my crying: my throat is dried: mine eyes fail while I wait for my God....Thou hast known my reproach, and my shame, and my dishonour: mine adversaries are all before thee. Reproach hath broken my heart; and I am full of heaviness: and I looked for some to take pity, but there was none; and for comforters, but I found none. They gave me also gall for my meat; and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink....I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving. This also shall please the LORD better than an ox or bullock that hath horns and hoofs. The humble shall see this, and be glad: and your heart shall live that seek God." - Psalm 69:1-3,19-21,30-32. God will have mercy on all who truly come to Him. There is an amazing prophecy of Christ within these verses, when Jesus was being tormented and crucified, not one person was there to comfort Him, every one of the disciples fled for their lives and when He was on the cross they tried to give him gall and vinegar to drink. "They gave him vinegar to drink mingled with gall: and when he had tasted thereof, he would not drink." - Matthew 27:34.

All who have accepted Christ as their Savior are blessed beyond measure, we have sought God's kingdom, now show Him thanks by seeking His righteousness. He will not only be pleased, He will bless you even more for it, Praise God!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 07 Jul 2010, 1:25 pm

Doubting God
Christians can rejoice in their salvation, the fact that once they called on the Lord Jesus Christ to save them, they were forgiven of all their sins, and every one of them were forgotten, never to be remembered by God ever again. Praise God! One thing we have to be aware of is that no one likes to try to get us to doubt our salvation more than Satan. He will just out of the blue remind us of something that we have done and all of a sudden we are thinking, "Am I still saved?" The truth is, we are all going to sin again, no matter how strong our walk with Christ is, but it can never take away our salvation. As long as we, from the bottom of our heart, believe in the death, burial, and resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ and with our mouths confessed that we believe in Him, nothing, not even Satan or our doubts can remove our salvation from us. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." - Romans 10:9. Praise God! When we doubt our salvation we are doubting God and when we start doubting God, it is a matter of time before we lose our faith in Him as well. We have to realize that every time we start rehashing old sins all we are doing is doubting God and making it harder on ourselves. Of course, we are going to think about what God saved us from, I thank Him every day for saving me from the mess I was in, but we have to let it go, just like God did.

It is not uncommon for someone to start thinking about all the wrongs one has done when it looks like they are being punished by God. David often prayed to God thinking he was being punished and wondering where God was. "O God, thou hast cast us off, thou hast scattered us, thou hast been displeased; O turn thyself to us again. Thou hast made the earth to tremble; thou hast broken it: heal the breaches thereof; for it shaketh. Thou hast shewed thy people hard things: thou hast made us to drink the wine of astonishment. Thou hast given a banner to them that fear thee, that it may be displayed because of the truth. Selah." - Psalm 60:1-4. Once we get saved and start growing as a Christian it becomes much harder to sin and when we do the Holy Spirit reveals to us the need to repent, but once we repent, all is forgiven and forgotten, we might have to suffer a little bit for the sin, but once the chastisement is over, all is right with God again. David knew this and once he realized that he started reminding himself of just how much God had been there for him and still is. "My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah." - Psalm 62:5-8. Think about just how much God has gotten you through, all who come to Him, even when they have sinned over and over again, are forgiven. Trust in His salvation, He is your refuge.

The soul is the center of every being, it is always longing for something to keep it satisfied. Ever just feel blah? It is because something deep down in the soul is not right. And when the soul is not right, if effects the body and spirit as well. Now, if you have not accepted Jesus as your Savior you do not have the spirit of God in you, therefore, nothing truly satisfies your soul. However, those who do have the spirit of God in them long for the spirit to satisfy their soul. "O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary. Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee. Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name. My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips:" - Psalm 63:1-5. - Jesus is living water, the only One that satisfies the soul. "Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." - John 4:13,14. Have you ever been so thirsty that you drank the first thing you saw and it was something instead of pure water? Most likely it left you still thirsty, sometimes I drink iced tea and every time I do I immediately drink a glass of water afterward. There is something about pure water that hydrates and satisfies the body like nothing else. Like the body, the soul gets thirsty as well, you can try to give is other things to drink, but it does not last, it is always thirsty. Jesus is the living water that hydrates and satisfies the soul.

So, if you are doing everything you are supposed to be doing and still suffering, maybe it is time to ask God to search your heart for any hidden sin that you have forgotten about. God will afflict us until we repent of our sins, even the hidden ones. Go to God, ask Him to search your heart and reveal any hidden sin inside. He will let you know what it is and get you right with Him. "O bless our God, ye people, and make the voice of his praise to be heard: Which holdeth our soul in life, and suffereth not our feet to be moved. For thou, O God, hast proved us: thou hast tried us, as silver is tried....Come and hear, all ye that fear God, and I will declare what he hath done for my soul. I cried unto him with my mouth, and he was extolled with my tongue. If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me: But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer. Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me." - Psalm 66:8-10,16-20. God has mercy on all who come to Him and seek forgiveness. Praise God! If all is well and you have no hidden sin in your life, Praise God! Just trust in God, He is preparing you for something, He wants you to have faith in Him and stop doubting Him. God is with you, just let Him know that you believe in Him and you will start to see things change. Keep in mind that every time you reach the top of a mountain at some point you have to go back down. Life is full of ups and downs, but if we put our trust in God, He will hear our prayers and answer them, maybe not in the way we want, but He always answers prayers. Praise God!

Enjoy the rest of your day/night and have an awesome week.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 06 Jul 2010, 1:26 pm

Facing Problems
We are all going to face problems in our lives, sometimes we create them all on our own and sometimes they just show up out of no where, but regardless of how we get them we have to face them. We can not run from our problems, they always follow us and tend to get even bigger. I remember when I was going through a bad year thinking, if I could just get away from it all. I ended up spending six months in New York, I thought by ignoring them they would go away, but they never went away. They just kept building up like a storm, then it was like a hurricane hit me. I ended up going through several more years of problems and unnecessary suffering because I did not want to just deal with the problems as I should have. God allows us to go through these problems and to even run for a while in order to get us to realize we can not run from them and we need help to overcome them. Of course, it is usually when we are going through the worse times in our lives that we do realize that. Instead of running from the problems we need to face them, this time with God showing us how to handle them.

David had an incident between his sons Amnon, Absalom, and Absalom's sister, Tamar, Amnon raped Tamar (II Samuel 13). When David heard about what happened he decided to ignore the problem rather than deal with it. The result, Absalom ended up having Amnon killed and now he is trying to kill his own father in order to reign as king. Talk about someone who must have been regretting that he never dealt with the problem. The truth is when we ignore things all we are doing is allowing the person or things creating the problem think they have control and they do as long as we ignore them. So, here is David discouraged and on top of his son deceiving him, his beloved friend was also (II Samuel 15-17). Yet, he put his trust in the mercy of God to save him. "Why boastest thou thyself in mischief, O mighty man? the goodness of God endureth continually. The tongue deviseth mischiefs; like a sharp razor, working deceitfully. Thou lovest evil more than good; and lying rather than to speak righteousness. Selah. But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God: I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever. I will praise thee for ever, because thou hast done it: and I will wait on thy name; for it is good before thy saints." - Psalm 52:1-3,8,9. Mercy is another word for having compassion or sympathy for someone, David knew God would have compassion and show him what to do. God has mercy for everyone who calls on Him for help. Incidentally, an olive requires a long, hot growing season to properly ripen the fruit, without the right soil and sunlight it will not produce good fruit. The same is true for us, we need a long season to grow as a Christian and if we are not planted in God's Word we will not get the right amount of sun light to grow.

David too expressed the feeling of wanting to run away from his problems, he did for a little while, but realized he did not have wings like a dove, and he could not fly away. Instead, he committed his sorrows to God and trusted solely in Him, reminding himself what He had done from his youth. "Give ear to my prayer, O God; and hide not thyself from my supplication. Attend unto me, and hear me: I mourn in my complaint, and make a noise; Because of the voice of the enemy, because of the oppression of the wicked: for they cast iniquity upon me, and in wrath they hate me. My heart is sore pained within me: and the terrors of death are fallen upon me. Fearfulness and trembling are come upon me, and horror hath overwhelmed me. And I said, Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest. Lo, then would I wander far off, and remain in the wilderness. Selah....As for me, I will call upon God; and the LORD shall save me. Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice. He hath delivered my soul in peace from the battle that was against me: for there were many with me." - Psalm 55:1-7,16-18. David had assurance that his God was able to sustain him in every trial and would accomplish His purpose for his life. We too have the same assurance as we trust in the Lord Jesus Christ to save us. Praise God!

Every servant of God probably has had similar experiences. Since we are the Lord's servants, we should not be greatly surprised when we are disappointed, deceived, or even betrayed by others. In fact, the wounds that cut us the deepest are sometimes inflicted by those who are closest to our hearts. The one thing we need to remember is that God is always with us and is for us, not against us. "When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back: this I know; for God is for me. In God will I praise his word: in the LORD will I praise his word. In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me. Thy vows are upon me, O God: I will render praises unto thee. For thou hast delivered my soul from death: wilt not thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living?" - Psalm 56:9-13.

We are to put our trust in the Lord to help us overcome all the problems we face, whether we created them or not. He alone is our defense, our protection system, against all that oppose us. "Because of his strength will I wait upon thee: for God is my defence. The God of my mercy shall prevent me: God shall let me see my desire upon mine enemies. Slay them not, lest my people forget: scatter them by thy power; and bring them down, O Lord our shield. For the sin of their mouth and the words of their lips let them even be taken in their pride: and for cursing and lying which they speak. Consume them in wrath, consume them, that they may not be: and let them know that God ruleth in Jacob unto the ends of the earth. Selah." - Psalm 59:9-13. David prayed that God would not be merciful to his enemies, since God cannot be merciful to any sinner who does not repent of his sins. True repentance prepares our hearts to receive Christ as our Savior and allows Him to become Lord of our lives in obedience to His Word. When we obey His Word and are reminded that we can overcome all things through Christ, we receive God's help, and soon the problems will come to pass so we are better prepared for the next set of problems to come our way. Praise God!

Enjoy the rest of your day/night and your Independence.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 05 Jul 2010, 10:30 am

Be Still And Listen
When was the last time you honestly just sat still and listened to all the things that are around you? It is amazing what you hear when all is quiet and you notice the sounds around you, birds chirping, rain dropping, the wind, the ac coming on, a fan whistling. Whether they are peaceful or annoying to you it does not take long before you get use to them and do not notice them as much. Now, think about the day you felt when you chose to follow Christ. You were excited, a little scared, and eager to learn just what following Christ entails, but once you figured out that we were just ordinary people, who sometimes sin, and are struggling just as you were, you felt like, I can do this. Ever want to do something sinful that you use to do, but just can't do it anymore? That is the Holy Spirit talking to you. As long as we keep listening to the Holy Spirit He will teach us many things, some will seem peaceful, while others will seem annoying, but as we grow in our walk with Christ we will learn that God is removing things from our lives for a good reason. As time goes by, and this happens to every Christian, we get so use to that voice that we do not notice the Holy Spirit as much. Then we start struggling with something and wonder where God is, but the truth is, He never left, He is right there trying to get our attention. If we want to hear what He has to say we just need to be still and listen to Him.

God speaks to us in many ways, most of all through His Word, without His Word we would still be trying to make it through this journey on earth without going insane, which incidentally many have. David faced many struggles, but he knew he could not get through any of them without God. He records, "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah. There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High. God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early." -Psalm 46:1-5. God truly is our refuge during our struggles, He can give us hope and encouragement even through the darkest times. I do not know how I made it through twenty-five years of my life without God's Word. All I do know is that God was watching over me the entire time and calling me, just waiting for the day I put my trust in Him to help me out of my troubles. God will help all who put their trust in Him.

One way to get go to respond is to praise Him, in the midst of David's troubles he never stopped praising God. Instead of wallowing in our sorrows we are to shout unto God, "O clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto God with the voice of triumph. For the LORD most high is terrible; he is a great King over all the earth. He shall subdue the people under us, and the nations under our feet. He shall choose our inheritance for us, the excellency of Jacob whom he loved. Selah." - Psalm 47:1-4. The word terrible in this case does not mean horrible, it means awesome. God is awesome and in control of all things, He has many blessings waiting for us through and as our struggles come to pass. Praise God! Amazingly, God wants to see His children prosper, but above all He wants us to realize that prosperity goes beyond what we can get here on earth. "Hear this, all ye people; give ear, all ye inhabitants of the world: Both low and high, rich and poor, together. My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart shall be of understanding....They that trust in their wealth, and boast themselves in the multitude of their riches; None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him: (For the redemption of their soul is precious, and it ceaseth for ever:) That he should still live for ever, and not see corruption....Be not thou afraid when one is made rich, when the glory of his house is increased; For when he dieth he shall carry nothing away: his glory shall not descend after him." - Psalm 49:4-3,6-9,16,17. It's not about what we have, whether we are rich or poor, or how many people we know. It's who we know, the Lord, Jesus Christ. Praise God!

You know, even if we mess up God is still speaking to us, this is evident through any conviction one feels, He knows we are going to sin, He just wants us to fess up to it and ask for forgiveness. David loved God with all his heart, but he still messed up a few times and got himself in trouble. "Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest." - Psalm 51:1-4. David knew he messed up, admitted his fault, sought forgiveness, and knew he would be forgiven. David's prayer for mercy is a prayer for release from the presence and power of sin. God forgives our sins when we repent and pray as David did, He also reveals how sinners who truly repent and forsake their sin can experience the same wonderful mercy and forgiving love of God. "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." - I John 1:9. Praise God!

God is speaking to you in some way, be still and listen for Him, for a while this bird that lives in one of the trees in my backyard would start chirping around midnight. Although I would prefer him to sing to me when I do not have to get up at 5am, when I hear him I can not help, but be reminded of just how amazing God is. That is probably why God has him chirping at such a late hour. He has the strangest chirp, but it is beautiful to hear, I imagine he still chirps at the same time all the time, but I do not always hear him. It is amazing how the tiniest little thing can remind us of the wonders of God. There must be thousands of different species of birds, yet everyone of them have a distinct look, sound, and purpose for God. It is amazing, they trust in Him, get right to work, and while some may fall in the line of duty, they have no fear and keep doing what they are supposed to do. We can all learn a thing or two from the birds. "Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?" - Matthew 6:25,26. The birds trust in God to provide for them and we are much more important to God than they are, so why are we losing sleep over things when God has it all under control? It's time to be still and listen to God, He is trying to get your attention about something, you just have to start remembering the sound of His voice.

Enjoy the rest of your day/night and weekend.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 05 Jul 2010, 10:13 am

Patience Through Difficulties
As Christians one of the things we learn from God is patience, most of us, including me, have thought that having patience means that we are waiting for God to give us an answer to a prayer or bring something to pass. However, patience means much more than that, in fact, the word wait is not even mentioned in its definition. The word patience us defined as, the willingness to endure annoyance, misfortune, or pain, without complaint, loss of temper, or irritation. In other words we are to go through the trials we face without complaining, yelling, or getting aggravated about them. "My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing." - James 1:2-4. The word divers means all sorts, we are going to be faced with all sorts of temptations to try our faith in God, and as we overcome those temptations we learn patience and the perfect will of God for our lives. Now, I do not know about you, but I know I get aggravated once in a while. I have a customer that can get a bit critical, he gives me junk to work with and expects a masterpiece, but I have learned to accept the criticism and keep changing it over and over until he is satisfied, without complaining too much. I have learned, especially over the past few years that complaining about something never gets me anywhere, but more complaining. Incidentally, the word complain means to constantly fuss about or criticize someone. So, if we want God to bless us we need to learn to endure the difficulties with patience.

You can be sure that if you have chosen to live your life for Christ that your patience will be tried. If anyone's patience was tried more, it was David's. He not only had to run from Saul, but at one time even his own son, but he never stopped praising God and waited patiently and trusted that God would help him out of his troubles. "I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD. Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies." - Psalm 40:1-4. Having patience means letting go of our pride, humbling ourselves before God, and putting our trust in Him. He hears us and knows what we are going through. He is trying our faith to seek Him in bringing our trials to pass. Of course we are going to have to make an effort to see things come to pass, but as long as we are trusting Him to lead the way He will show us the right way to handle things.

Do you think David did not get a little down at times? He asked God numerous times, "Where are you, God?" For about 10 years he remained in exile, constantly on the move from Saul who was trying to kill him. One thing David learned while in exile was that he could not stop praying and glorifying God. "My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God? My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God? When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday. Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance...Yet the LORD will command his lovingkindness in the day time, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life." - Psalm 42:2-5,8. Praying to God in our time of need gives us life and hope for an end to our troubles. If you are going to ask God for patience, He is going to place something before you that requires you to learn patience, but as you put your trust in Him and keep praising Him that patience will pay off. Learning patience has blessed me in many ways, for instance as I learn to handle difficult customers with patience I get blessed with more work. One of my biggest accounts was given because I have patience in dealing with a slow paying customer that wants changes made stat.

Do you ever wonder why you ask God for some things and end up getting the complete opposite? It's all about glorifying God. "For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope. Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus: That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. " - Romans 15:4-6. God is going to place trials before us so that we learn to have patience and seek comfort in Him through His Word and prayer. Ever notice when you are facing trials that you read, pray, and come to church a little more that normal? God is no fool, He knows how to get us to glorify Him, the more we glorify Him, the more hope we have in Him, the more hope we have, the more He blesses us. Praise God! God knows what He is doing, He knows out hearts and when He gets the stubbornness of our pride to open our hearts he will get us to see that we can not get through any trial without Him.

Enjoy the rest of your day/night and your weekend.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 02 Jul 2010, 12:11 pm

Praising God Consistently
Praising God is a way to thank Him for all the things that He has blessed us with or gotten us through. While it is wonderful to praise God for all the wonderful things that He has given us, praising God goes beyond just giving thanks. The word praise is defined as an act of expressing approval or admiration, in other words when we praise God through our circumstances we are telling Him that we approve of what He has done and respect Him for it. As Christians, God has given us the best reason to praise Him, His Son Jesus. We are no longer strangers to God, but a part of Him and that deserves continuous praise. "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;" - I Peter 2:9. We are chosen and special to God, He respects us for believing in Him and His Son. Yes, God does have respect for those who respect Him. God respects all who serve Him faithfully through the good and bad times. We may not always understand the ways in which God handles things in our lives, but by praising Him we show Him that we approve of and respect His ways even though they seem strange to us.
God could have chosen anyone to represent Him in the Bible, He could have even chosen to write an entire book about you. Actually, He does have a book about each and every one of us, we are, but pages in a book that gets filled in every second of the day. However, He chose to use the testimonies of certain people to show that whether we are rich or poor we can all be used of God and none of us are perfect, except Jesus. David was no exception, he went from being a shepherd boy to a king. He was godly, in fact, he was known as the apple of God's eye and even was a part of the lineage to where Jesus would be born from. However, he was no saint and did his fair share of sinning. Most of the time his life consisted of daily conversations with the Lord, he knew how important it was to keep in constant contact with God. "In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness. Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me. For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me....Have mercy upon me, O LORD, for I am in trouble: mine eye is consumed with grief, yea, my soul and my belly....Blessed be the LORD: for he hath shewed me his marvellous kindness in a strong city. For I said in my haste, I am cut off from before thine eyes: nevertheless thou heardest the voice of my supplications when I cried unto thee. O love the LORD, all ye his saints: for the LORD preserveth the faithful, and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer. Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD." - Psalm 31:1-3,9,21-24. David did not always understand why he was going through some of the things he did, but he knew God was with him and encouraged all to have hope in Him. We all need to have the relationship that David had with God, complete trust in Him, daily conversation, praise, reading His Word, and prayer are all essential if we want to have a good relationship with our Lord.
Every once in a while David let his flesh take over and of course, sin would enter his life. However, he knew he had to get right with God if he wanted to get out of trouble. After his affair with Bathsheba, he committed one sin after another trying to hide the first sin, only to fall further away from God in the process. No one wants to face God when they are living in sin, the guilt alone eats you up. Finally, Nathan the prophet confronted David and told him to repent and get right with God before anything else happened. David went straight to God seeking mercy and forgiveness, later on He wrote this Psalm, "Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile. When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long. For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah. I acknowledge my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him. Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah. I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye. Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto thee. Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the LORD, mercy shall compass him about. Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart." - Psalm 32. David was full of guilt over his sin, he knew that it was a result of not keeping God in his daily conversations, but once he went to God, acknowledged his sin and asked for forgiveness he knew he was forgiven and would be a testimony to teach others that they too can find be forgiven. God allows us to fall into sin so we can go through the experience and teach others how loving and forgiving God is to every sinner. The word Selah, means to ponder, to pause and think about it. Think about how blessed you are to know the Savior, to be forgiven of your sins, and to know that you will see Jesus face to face one day. Praise God!
We are to praise God at all times, through joy, sorrow, and even through chastisement and when everything seems to go wrong, when we are consistent in giving praise to God He always gives us a way out of our troubles. Like David we need to praise God continually and let everyone know you are praising Him too. "I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad. O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together. I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed. This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles." - Psalm 34:1-6. Jesus hears all who cry to Him and will save the worst of sinners. Praise God! Do you know Jesus? Praise God! If not, cry out to Him, tell Him you believe in Him, repent, and be forgiven. What do you have to lose, by trusting in the Savior?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 01 Jul 2010, 9:41 am

Giving Jesus Dominion
Whether or not we choose to follow Christ, we all have to admit that life is not easy, we are going to face trials, we are going to have to work to overcome them, and we are going to get ourselves into messes that seem to never get cleaned up. The difference between those who do follow Christ and those who do not, is that those who do put their trust and faith in Jesus to give Him control over their lives. "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:" - Romans 5:1. Christians are justified or acquitted by their faith in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. This not only helps them face their trials and do the work needed to get through them, it also gets the messes cleaned up as well. Ever try to get out of a situation on your own? Usually you end up getting into a bigger one. Most people try to live a moral life, to help others, and to set a good example for those who look up to them. Sometimes life looks good and we think we finally made it, only to wake up one day to total chaos. We can not prevent all the chaos from showing up, but we can make it easier to endure by allowing Jesus to be in control. The word control is defined as, to exercise restraint or direction over, in other words, to have dominion over. So, if we look at this from a Christian perspective, those who choose to follow Christ allow Jesus to give them direction, or to have dominion over their lives. This does not mean that one is a slave to Jesus, it just means one chooses to allow Jesus to lead the way instead of by their own feelings and desires. "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you. To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen." - I Peter 5:10,11. Let's face it, we are going to suffer from time to time and those feelings can destroy us. By giving Jesus dominion over our lives we can avoid a lot of unnecessary suffering, plus it gives us strength and gets us right with God.

Even before Jesus came to earth the first time, they knew He existed, they could not see Him just like you and I, but they trusted God and had faith in His Word, if anything they needed more faith than we do because they did not have all of the Bible that we have to guide them. One of the most well known Psalms in the Bible is, "The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever." - Psalm 23. David, who started out as nothing, but a shepherd boy, as king, still considered himself a lost sheep who needed a shepherd to guide him through the rough pastures that he would walk through. He did not fear what was waiting for him on the other side of the path because he allowed the Lord to lead the way or to have dominion. Sheep when guided by a shepherd always find their way, but can easily get distracted and get lost if they lose sight of the shepherd. We too need a shepherd to lead us to still waters. Jesus Said, "I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep." - John 10:14,15. Jesus has given His life for His sheep.

The trouble is that many try to be their own shepherd, they try to convince themselves that they have everything under control themselves and they do not need Jesus in their lives, but the reality of it all is, they are allowing someone or thing to have dominion over their lives. Think about it, we are not in control over everything, whether someone is a preacher, a housewife, a mechanic, a builder, a thief, a prostitute, a drug addict, or whatever it is that they choose to allow in their lives, they are subject to some kind of control by it I design websites, while I have control in the ones I choose to build, they have control over the content, no matter how many times they want to change it I have to submit to their request. However, if it is changed to something that goes against my beliefs or puts me in a compromising situation with God, I will refuse and lose the sale. I would rather lose a customer than my relationship with God. We all have a choice and since we can not control everything we might as well make the right choice to avoid the consequences later on. Allowing Jesus to have dominion over our lives actually gives us freedom, the freedom we receive alone from hell is enough to call on Him in a heartbeat. "Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." - John 8:31,32.

The truth is, God always has dominion, instead of trying to fight that fact, embrace it. He wants the best for everyone. Do you think He wants to see His creation suffering? We do not have to suffer. Yes, God can change any situation, but He will not unless we ask Him to. Giving Jesus dominion to lead us is the only way we can truly change the situations we are in. Like David we are to ask the Lord to lead us and wait patiently for Him. "Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." - Psalm 25:4,5. "One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple. For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock. And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD. Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me..... Teach me thy way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies. Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty. I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD." - Psalm 27:4-7,11-14. Be of good courage, allow Jesus to have dominion, let Him direct your path and He will take care of you and get you our of any situation that you are in. Praise God!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 30 Jun 2010, 4:13 pm

Only You Can Stop God's Blessings
As Christians we are going to constantly face criticism from those who have no interest in following or have fallen away from God. Have you heard comments like these before? "Where is your God now?", "I thought you were a Christian?", "That's not God, that's just coincidence.", "I use to be like you, but I got smart." Or my favorite, "You're a hypocrite, I know who you really are." We are going to get all sorts of comments and criticism, but deep down they do it because they are envious of us. They see the change in us and the blessings from God, they see us happy and joyful even through sorrow. Then they look at themselves, wonder where their blessings are, why they are struggling, and get a little grievous of their lives and since we are close by we get the grunt of their guilt. All they have to do is get past their egos and they too can see their lives change and the blessings from God. Only we stop God's blessings, "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments....Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever." - I John 2:1-3,15-17. Nothing here on earth lasts forever, but those who put their trust in Christ, even if they have fallen, abide with Him forever. We may face criticism for putting our faith in and changing our lives through Christ, but we can not be removed from Him. Praise God!
"
The Bible was given to us to show us how we can have a relationship with God. While He could have chosen any nation God chose Israel to represent Him first. He chose people like you and I as His witness, all were sinners, some were murderers, adulterers, and idol worshipers too, but all used of God to show just how blessed one can be to have Him in their lives as well as how fast those blessings are lost by wrecking that relationship. David, was known as the apple of God's eye. He loved God with all his heart, mind, and soul. He was not perfect, but he knew that by keeping his faith in God he would always see victory, even when facing some harsh criticism and struggles. Many of the Psalms were written by David according to what he was going through, God had given him victory over Saul and his enemies and now he is king and rejoicing. The key to David's success, the Word of God. King David habitually sought instruction from God and testified how He delivered him on every occasion. "I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies." - Psalm 18:1-3. David knew that the Lord was his strength and trusted in Him for his salvation. All who call upon the Lord Jesus Christ are saved. They can criticize us all they want, but they can not remove us from our deliverer, our strength, or our salvation. Only we can remove Christ from our lives, but He will never remove us from His, if we have truly accepted Him as Lord and Savior He is always with us, even if we turn away from Him. Praise God for eternal life! Although the people of God who pray and trust in His unseen presence may appear outnumbered, they always rise up triumphantly while their enemies are brought down. "We will rejoice in thy salvation, and in the name of our God we will set up our banners: the LORD fulfil all thy petitions. Now know I that the LORD saveth his anointed; he will hear him from his holy heaven with the saving strength of his right hand. Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God. They are brought down and fallen: but we are risen, and stand upright." - Psalm 20:5-8.

The key to receiving God's blessings is knowing how God operates, to know how He operates we must read His Word. We can not just read parts of it, we must read all of it, including the Old Testament. It contains many insights, including the birth, death, burial, and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. Yes, all throughout the Psalms we will discover prophecies of Christ, His crucifixion, and resurrection. These were all predicted centuries before they happened. For example, Psalm 18 foreshadows Jesus' death on the cross, "In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears. Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations also of the hills moved and were shaken, because he was wroth." - Psalm 18:6,7. This prophecy was confirmed as we read in Matthew chapter 27, "Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;" - Matthew 27:50,51. Psalm 22 foreshadows His crucifixion, "All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying, He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him....For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet. I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me. They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture." - Psalm 22:7,8,16-18. This was confirmed in Mark chapter 15, "And when they had crucified him, they parted his garments, casting lots upon them, what every man should take. And it was the third hour, and they crucified him....And they that passed by railed on him, wagging their heads, and saying, Ah, thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days, Save thyself, and come down from the cross. Likewise also the chief priests mocking said among themselves with the scribes, He saved others; himself he cannot save." - Mark 15:24,25,29-31. Jesus is the Word of God in the flesh, He was there from the beginning and will remain the Word of God for eternity. The effects of the Word of God are beyond compare, for it was by His Word that the worlds were created and by which they are still upheld.

Most exciting is the transforming power of Jesus, upon all who receive Him as Lord. "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." - II Corinthians 5:17-21. Christ living inside of us changes our lives and blesses us, God will bless anyone who believes in His Son and wants Him in their lives. Praise God! Before I chose to live my life for Christ I was very unhealthy, depressed, lived an immoral life, and was engaged to an man in prison. Now, Jesus has transformed me into a godly, moral, upright, and prosperous woman, who not only lives her life for Christ and serves Him faithfully, but is also becoming a successful website designer. Only you can stop God's blessings, if you have been transformed, don't hide it, embrace it, let them keep on criticizing you, God knows your heart and wants to bless you for your faithfulness. Praise God!

Enjoy the rest of your day/night and have a great week.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 29 Jun 2010, 11:23 am

Dealing With Conflicts
The word conflict is defined as warfare, a battle, as Christians we are going to face many conflicts in our lives, if not from people who live in the world than from fellow Christians. There is a constant conflict for a Christian to compromise one's faith in God for man. While we are to stand up and fight for our right to choose Christ and follow Him, there are times when we need to refrain from instead of adding fuel to the fire of the conflict. Those who are living in sin love to debate those who are living godly and will keep going on and on until they think they have you beat. "And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible." - I Corinthians 9:25. Every once in a while I will get someone thinking that I was personally talking about them in one of my messages and will call me every name in the book, I use to reply only to get a worse response each time. Then I realized these people just feel convicted by the Holy Spirit and it has nothing to do with me, I was just the closest person to blame. So, now I just let it go, they will either hate me or thank me later, but they will never forget that reminder they got. We may never understand why we face the conflicts we do, but one thing we can understand is that they too teach us something, to keep our faith in God.
David went from one battle after another from the time he was anointed to be king when he was just a teenager. Saul, who was God's first anointed king sinned against God and David would one day take his place. Because of this thee was much conflict between Saul and David, so much that Saul wanted to kill David. Many of the Psalms were written by David when he was running from Saul and some of them expressed his sorrow over Saul wanting to kill him, but he also knew God would take care of him. "He sitteth in the lurking places of the villages: in the secret places doth he murder the innocent: his eyes are privily set against the poor. He lieth in wait secretly as a lion in his den: he lieth in wait to catch the poor: he doth catch the poor, when he draweth him into his net. He croucheth, and humbleth himself, that the poor may fall by his strong ones. He hath said in his heart, God hath forgotten: he hideth his face; he will never see it. Arise, O LORD; O God, lift up thine hand: forget not the humble....The LORD is King for ever and ever: the heathen are perished out of his land. LORD, thou hast heard the desire of the humble: thou wilt prepare their heart, thou wilt cause thine ear to hear: To judge the fatherless and the oppressed, that the man of the earth may no more oppress." - Psalm 10:8-12,16-18. We can all get where we do not understand why someone is out to get us and it can make one feel a bit discouraged. Thank God for prayer, it is our only communication with God, without prayer we will never see an end to a hopeless situation.
We can not always run from conflicts, but we can stand firm in our faith. David's friends advised him to flee to the mountainous parts of the land of Judah to escape the danger which was threatening him, instead he stood his ground and trusted in God. "In the LORD put I my trust: how say ye to my soul, Flee as a bird to your mountain?For, lo, the wicked bend their bow, they make ready their arrow upon the string, that they may privily shoot at the upright in heart. If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do? The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD's throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men....For the righteous LORD loveth righteousness; his countenance doth behold the upright." - Psalm 11:1-7. David expressed his absolute assurance that righteousness shall triumph over the wicked. At one time or another, all of God's people may expect their faith to be severely tested. However, the more it is tested the more confidence we obtain as we put our faith in God that He and only He can resolve the problem.
One thing we should never do is try to get even with someone, conflicts come and go, but revenge is not the answer and solves no problem. Give it over to God and He will take care of it. "If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord." - Romans 12:18,19. God is our body guard, He will protect us and if anything does happen to us, He will get vengeance.
Are you dealing with conflicts? Look to Jesus, He will tell you how to handle it. He will either help you avoid the conflict or face it, but one thing He will never do is let you handle it all on your own as long as you keep your eyes on Him. "Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." - Hebrews 12:1,2. Praise God!
Enjoy the rest of your day/night and an awesome week
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 28 Jun 2010, 4:25 pm

Only By Faith
As Christians we are to, "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord." - Colossians 3:16. The Book of Psalms is the nineteenth book of the Old Testament/Bible and contains one hundred-fifty chapters. The author of the book is predominately King David, but a few others wrote some of the Psalms as well. The book was first written to the Israelites and the purpose of it was to show them that prayer, praise, intercession, and confession are all a part of true worship to God. It is the prayer and praise book of the Bible. The Book of Psalms has been used for devotion, song, prayer, and praise by believers down throughout the centuries and is known as the hymn book of Israel. The word "Psalms" means "songs to the accompaniment of a stringed instrument." "Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper." - Psalms 1:1-3.

Something amazing occurred to me this morning as I was reading the chapters for today, while I am aware that many contain prophecies regarding Jesus coming, I did not realize that they already knew of Him and had faith in Him. Even though David was on the earth well before Jesus was, and incidentally he was the lineage in which Jesus would be born from, he still knew Jesus existed. Of course, there was no sign as to when He was coming, but it was only by faith he knew that Jesus existed. "Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion. I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.... Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him." - Psalms 2:6,7,12. We do not have to be Bible scholars or born with a special gift to know that Jesus existed even before the world began, we just have to put our trust in Him. Think about it, the people of the Old Testament did not have as much of the Bible as we have, they had to strictly live by faith. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made...And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." - John 1:1-3,14. It is only by trusting in Jesus that we can even get to God. "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." - John 14:6.

I was reading an article about a teacher in a middle school who was teaching her students in an English class that religion is a disease. One quote given to the students was, "Religion is the masterpiece of the art of animal training, for it trains people as to how they will think," by Schopenhauer. Now, I will be the first to admit that religion is deceptive, because many people are trained or taught to think a certain way. When a person is around something long enough, even if it is not the truth, one can start to believe it as truth. What people do not understand is that God is not a religion. Religion is man made and made up of rules to satisfy man, people buy into man made religion because they are lost and looking for some kind of hope or attention from someone who understands them. Religion goes beyond believing in God, atheism, spiritualism, evolutionism, and agnosticism are all religions too. Many get caught up in these false religions and it is very hard to get out of it, but they are in fact, all religions and man made. "If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain. Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world. " - James 1:26,27. The word bridle means to hold back or refrain from speaking in his own tongue, in other words, if a man or woman is not speaking the truth out of God's Word then this is a vain or false religion. True or pure religion is living for God by faith and in all of His Word, there is only One Book that can teach God's Word and that is the Bible. The truth is we are all born with the knowledge of God, by faith we know that He exists as babies, you do not need a Bible to know that God exists. However, the more a person gets taught to believe God does not exist the more they believe it. So, while one may be trained to believe in God another may be trained to believe in no god, or several gods, or holy men. You see, we are all trained on some form of religion.

People who do not want to follow God's rules are the ones who discredit Him. The crazy thing is everyone has rules to follow, whether it is by someone of authority, a boss, or a customer, no one escapes subjection to some kind of rules. And you know what? I'd rather live by God's rules than by some man who is immoral. There is a big difference between someone who follows Christ and one that does not. We are not trained to follow Christ, we choose to follow Christ. Then, once we accept Him as our Savior we want to be trained through God's Word. "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith." - Romans 1:16,17. It is only by our faith in Christ that we even have our Salvation. There is going to come a time when, whether or not we want to admit God exists or not, we will all meet Jesus face to face for judgment. Once again, David even knew this, "But the LORD shall endure for ever: he hath prepared his throne for judgment. And he shall judge the world in righteousness, he shall minister judgment to the people in uprightness. The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee." - Psalms 9:7-10. Everyone who puts their trust in Jesus is saved, He will not forsake them. Praise God!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 27 Jun 2010, 12:19 pm

Just Getting By
No matter if we are rich, poor, famous, or infamous, we all face trials in life, we can worry and stress ourselves out, but all that does is create more problems. The difference between Christians and people who live in the world is of course, we have Jesus. We can accept that the circumstances will never change and do what is needed to just get by or we can spit in the devils face and tell him I have a bigger God on my side then what you are trying to defeat me with. Amazingly, you can be rich, poor, famous, or infamous, and be accepted into the Kingdom of God, which is available only through Jesus Christ. "For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." - Romans 10:11-13. Christ accepts everyone who calls upon Him, He is our strength to get through these trials. We do not need psychology, prescriptions, or twelve step programs, we need the Word of God. That will be the difference between just getting by and seeing victory won over our battles.

Job was a faithful, godly man, prosperous, famous, and probably consider to be like a king in his day, in a matter of days he lost his family, wealth, friends, wife, and health. On top of that the only four people that would talk to Him were condemning him. He could not understand why he was going through so much suffering and although he did not curse God he did question why He was not answering him. Suddenly a whirlwind appears and God speaks out of it, this time God has questions for Job. God asked Job about eighty questions knowing that he could not possibly answer one of them. He elaborates on the power and strength of just one of His creations, "Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook? or his tongue with a cord which thou lettest down? Canst thou put an hook into his nose? or bore his jaw through with a thorn? Will he make many supplications unto thee? will he speak soft words unto thee?...None is so fierce that dare stir him up: who then is able to stand before me? Who hath prevented me, that I should repay him? whatsoever is under the whole heaven is mine. I will not conceal his parts, nor his power, nor his comely proportion." - Job 41:1-3,10-12. God tells Job that you can not possibly know everything about this powerful creature, he is mine and I am not going to reveal to you or anyone how I created him. God was trying to get Job to realize just how little all of us know about the things we already accept just by faith. Incidentally a leviathan is a type of dinosaur, proving that dinosaurs are not billions of years old as scientist claim, but less than six thousand. The world strives on trying to figure out how God created everyone and thing, but the truth is they will never know. They might come up with these lame theories, but they are only ways to get people away from the truth. We are all born with the knowledge of God, it is over the years that one becomes distant to that fact as they allow the world to enter their lives. "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened." - Romans 1:20,21.

There is a revelation of God and His Word that goes beyond just believing the Truth and doctrines of the Bible. Those who have faith in God, as Job did, do not search for answers to all of life's problems, but simply trust our loving Creator to get us through them. All fears and frustrations will vanish as we truly trust in His loving care. No one, through human reasoning, is able to understand why the godly suffer, but we can come to the understanding the Job did. He answers God by saying, "I know that thou canst do every thing, and that no thought can be withholden from thee. Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not. Hear, I beseech thee, and I will speak: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me. I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee. Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes." - Job 42:2-6. Job is saying, "I know You can do anything, I may not understand everything, but I am no one to question You. This brought Job to the realization that he was not meant to know all the answers to life's problems, he just had to trust God and keep living by faith. We too must come to the place where we realize we do not know all the answers, but we trust God. He knows what He is doing, every trial, every circumstance, every situation we get into, is not by chance, it is all to get us to seek and put our trust and faith in God. "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." - Hebrews 11:1.

Okay, so you are having some problems. Do you want to just get by, drowning yourself in whatever it is that you use to try and mask the problems? Or do you put your trust in God, get in His Word, seek His guidance, and face the problems head on, powered by His strength? Pity can only take us so far before we get a lashing. That lashing might as well be from God, because He has far more mercy upon us that any person would here on earth does. Job might have gotten a bit of a lashing from God, but in the end he and his friends knew not to question God's authority. "And it was so, that after the LORD had spoken these words unto Job, the LORD said to Eliphaz the Temanite, My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends: for ye have not spoken of me the thing that is right, as my servant Job hath. Therefore take unto you now seven bullocks and seven rams, and go to my servant Job, and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering; and my servant Job shall pray for you: for him will I accept: lest I deal with you after your folly, in that ye have not spoken of me the thing which is right, like my servant Job....And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before....So the LORD blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning: for he had fourteen thousand sheep, and six thousand camels, and a thousand yoke of oxen, and a thousand she asses."- Job 42:7,8,10,12. Like I said in a previous message, it is okay to ask God questions, but to question Him is not. Job not only received great spiritual insight though his suffering, he got closer to God, and also got blessed with twice as much as he had before. We do not have to just get by, we can see victory won over our circumstances, sufferings, and situations. "For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith." - I John 5:3,4. Praise God!

Enjoy the rest of your day/night and weekend
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 26 Jun 2010, 9:56 am

Always More to Know
As we grow and mature in our Christianity we become wiser to the Word of God which allows us to minister to those who are just getting to know Christ or have never known Him. No matter our age we can be a witness to Christ, my nephew, at the age of six was telling his school mates about Jesus in kindergarten. It is amazing how God only reveals a little bit at a time for us so we learn to comprehend it all, not just parts of it, and I think we never truly learn everything God wants us to know until we get to heaven, but He truly knows what He is doing. Some of us comprehend God's Word quicker than others, but that does not mean one is smarter than another, it just means that we all are called to do certain things for God. "For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;...For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. For the body is not one member, but many." - I Corinthians 12:8,12-14. It is a great thing to know the Word of God, you feel special knowing that you know something about God. Think about it, when you first meet someone you are timid around them because you do not know much about them, but once you get to know them you become more comfortable or careful around them. Well, the same thing goes for God, the more we read the Bible, the more we get to know Him, the more comfortable we become around and obey Him. We have to be careful though not to get to the point that we think we know everything we need to know, no matter how many times you read the Bible there is always more to know.
Elihu was the youngest of the four friends that were supposed to be comforting Job through his time of need, we did not hear him speak until all the other friends had no more to say, but once he started he did not stop. First he began criticizing Eliphaz, Bildad, and Zophar as being self-appointed judges who had failed to prove their charges against Job. Then he expressed even greater hostility toward Job, "Let us choose to us judgment: let us know among ourselves what is good. For Job hath said, I am righteous: and God hath taken away my judgment. Should I lie against my right? my wound is incurable without transgression. What man is like Job, who drinketh up scorning like water? Which goeth in company with the workers of iniquity, and walketh with wicked men. For he hath said, It profiteth a man nothing that he should delight himself with God." -Job 34:4-9. For someone who just sat there listening to everything that was being said he sure did not comprehend it all. His accusations against Job's testimony are, at best, half-truths and misinterpretations. When I was reading this chapter this morning I had to reread a couple of verses because I thought I was reading something wrong, I knew Job did not say, "It profiteth a man nothing that he should delight himself with God." What he said was, speaking about the wicked who prosper and do not think they need anything from God, "Therefore they say unto God, Depart from us; for we desire not the knowledge of thy ways. What is the Almighty, that we should serve him? and what profit should we have, if we pray unto him?" - Job 21:14,15. His accusations against Job demonstrate how foolish our conclusions often are when we see a Christian suffering and we question why God would allow the affliction. This is why we need to continuously read God's Word so we do not give out half truths and misinterpret what He is actually saying.
When Christians experience disappointments, sufferings, or tragedies, they sometimes become despondent. They feel that God is allowing the natural course of events to play out. As a result, they fail to pray in their times of greatest need. That is when we need someone's loving comfort and assurance that our Lord ultimately controls every situation that comes into our lives. Regardless of how bad it may seem, He uses everything for our own good and for His glory. "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us." - Romans 5:1-5. Have faith in the wisdom and love of God, our limited understanding cannot comprehend His infinite love, but we can be sure that He has our best interests in mind.
The is always more to know about God, you can be sure that Satan will twist the Scriptures to try to mislead us, but that is just one more reason why we must read all of the Bible for ourselves. It is great to have help, but we need to make sure that who we are getting advice from lines up with the Word of God. Counselors may have all the degrees and qualifications the world can give, but unless their advice is in harmony with God's Word, it is false and good for no one, except Satan. "Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper." - Psalm 1:1-3. Praise God!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 24 Jun 2010, 7:55 am

Holding On To Integrity
The word integrity is defined as having a steadfast (wholehearted) adherence (devotion) to a strict moral or ethical (righteous) code. Those who choose to follow Christ hold on to their integrity, in other words, they are wholeheartedly devoted to Christ and the Word of God. As Christians we are going to face people who will try to get us to lose our integrity, even other Christians can unknowingly get a person to lose their integrity. Take the biggest struggle that you contend with and think about just how often you are reminded of it through people's actions, reactions, and even the things around you. It can get to the point that you are more focused on what you are struggling with than anything else and if we do not have our eyes on God when that happens our integrity gets tested, not only by God, but Satan as well. There is a constant battle between God and Satan over our integrity and if Satan gets a hold of it we are in big trouble. Do you think he cares about your struggles? Of course not! He wants you obsessed about them so you do anything to overcome them while losing your integrity to do it. No matter what people think, say, or do to get us to lose our integrity we must not take our eyes off God and our trust in Him. "Judge me, O LORD; for I have walked in mine integrity: I have trusted also in the LORD; therefore I shall not slide. Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart. For thy lovingkindness is before mine eyes: and I have walked in thy truth." - Psalm 26:1-3. God knows our hearts and only He can help us hold on to our integrity while overcoming our biggest struggles.
I do not know how long Job's friends sat with him, but I imagine it seemed like a lifetime to Job as one after another constantly criticized him, trying to get him to admit guilt to something he had not done. Bildad continues, this time not talking to him directly, but as if he were not even there. "How then can man be justified with God? or how can he be clean that is born of a woman? Behold even to the moon, and it shineth not; yea, the stars are not pure in his sight. How much less man, that is a worm? and the son of man, which is a worm?" - Job 25:4-6. Bildad had insinuated that Job was an unclean worm who could not be justified with God, but God had already revealed Job's true nature when he proved his integrity by saying he was perfect and upright. You can be sure that there are going to be people out there waiting to be the first to say, "I knew you were not as good as you say you are" or, my favorite, "I know who you really are". Thankfully God truly knows who we really are and as long as we know that no accusations can change His mind nor offend us.
Despite the many accusations of his friends, Job never once lost his integrity replying, "As God liveth, who hath taken away my judgment; and the Almighty, who hath vexed my soul; All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of God is in my nostrils; My lips shall not speak wickedness, nor my tongue utter deceit. God forbid that I should justify you: till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me. My righteousness I hold fast, and will not let it go: my heart shall not reproach me so long as I live." - Job 27:2-6. Although Job felt like God had taken away his judgment (understanding) of what was going on and that his soul was being Vexed (tormented) he knew that the Spirit of God was within him and he was not about to let any of these men cause him to lose his integrity. Sometimes we just can not understand why we are going through such a struggle and it can torment us, this is when we need to realize that we have the Holy Spirit within us. He is our guide, our comfort, and the one who keeps a hold of our integrity. Jesus Said, "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."- John 14:26,27. We do not need to be afraid or troubled over our struggles, the Holy Spirit is with us and will show us how to overcome them as long as we keep holding on to our trust in God.
Job then looked beyond the criticisms to the Source of all true wisdom. "But where shall wisdom be found? and where is the place of understanding? Man knoweth not the price thereof; neither is it found in the land of the living.The depth saith, It is not in me: and the sea saith, It is not with me.... God understandeth the way thereof, and he knoweth the place thereof. For he looketh to the ends of the earth, and seeth under the whole heaven; To make the weight for the winds; and he weigheth the waters by measure.... And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the LORD, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding." - Job 28:12-14,23-25,28. Job was never as concerned about knowing the answer to why he was struggling as he was about having a right relationship with God. The more we truly humble ourselves and die to pride, the less we will be affected by the criticism of others. God Himself is the Author and Revealer of true wisdom. There is no substitute for reading the Bible itself in order to acquire God's wisdom. Therefore, we are to read all the Bible carefully, continuously, repeatedly, and prayerfully.
One of the great things about God is that He is even there for us if we lose our integrity for a time. All we have to do get our eyes back on Him, repent. Remember, we do not have to face our struggles alone and we certainly can not depend on our own human reasoning to change things unless we want to make them worse. Think about it, did you ever try to get yourself out of a situation and it just kept getting worse and worse? That's is leaving it up to our own reasoning or someone elses instead of just looking to God in the first place. Remember when David tried to cover up his affair with Bathsheba and she got pregnant? First he tried to get her husband, Uriah, to get with her to make it appear as though she got pregnant by him. When that did not work David had Uriah placed in a war that would have him killed. The result of all that was the loss of the child, the baby died seven says after he was born. David probably could have avoided all of this by just going to God when he messed up the first time. Once he did though he was reconciled with God and started receiving God's blessings again. We can all say with David, "The LORD shall judge the people: judge me, O LORD, according to my righteousness, and according to mine integrity that is in me. Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish the just: for the righteous God trieth the hearts and reins. My defence is of God, which saveth the upright in heart." -Psalm 7:8-10.
We can overcome our struggles, it is time to give all of them over to God and say, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." - Philippians 4:13. We can hold on to our integrity while we are facing our struggles by keeping our faith in Jesus Christ. Jesus struggled more than any person on this earth, yet through is all remained faithful and trusted God. You say that was because He was God? He still had flesh and was capable of sin just as we are, in fact, He came to earth in the flesh to show us that we can live in the flesh and have integrity, but in order to do that we need to keep our eyes on God. He alone can help us be wholeheartedly devoted to Christ and His Word.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 22 Jun 2010, 10:49 am

Words That Hurt Help
As Christians we should never under estimate the power of the voice, we are God's voice, the world hears what we say and takes it literally as God Himself, they do not agree, but do listen and will wait for the perfect time to make God out to be a liar. There have been so many religious leaders over the centuries lying to people that even devout Christians have turned away from God because of their lies. "For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind: But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison." - James 1:7,8. There is an old saying that came to my mind as I read the chapters for today, "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me." Sadly, can hurt, they can be like poison and destroy a person. You get around someone who is constantly negative toward you and eventually you will feel the effects of it and become negative of yourself, sometimes even believing what they claim. Imagine how Jesus must have felt about all the lies told about Him and the negativity He was around? We can not always change the situation we are in at present, but we can change how we handle the situation. As we put our faith and trust in God and His Word, He will give us peace and comfort, even around the most trying people.
Job was in a situation he could not control, he was in pain, still mourning the loss of his children, his wife did not recognize him, he lost everything he had of value, and on top of that he had four friends that just would not leave who were taking turns telling him that he was a hypocritical, wicked liar, deceiving himself, in fact, the more he defended himself the worse the words got about him. Bildad's words the second time around were even more cruel and critical than the first time he spoke, he assumed that Job's sufferings exposed him as a sinful hypocrite who was hopelessly condemned, "He shall be driven from light into darkness, and chased out of the world. He shall neither have son nor nephew among his people, nor any remaining in his dwellings. They that come after him shall be astonied at his day, as they that went before were affrighted. Surely such are the dwellings of the wicked, and this is the place of him that knoweth not God." - Job 18:18-21. Here is Job, the most godliest man of his time being accused of not knowing God at all and being told that he is just a nobody pretending to be someone. I imagine he was getting tired of trying to defend himself and felt a little heartbroken at all the accusations. I do not know how many times I have had, what I call internet stalkers or people I no longer associate with give me a hard time. They called me every name of the book, some even try to quote Bible verses, claiming me to be a hypocrite and a liar and they do not stop until I myself just ignore them and stop trying to defend myself. The truth is I know who I am and God knows who I am, He will correct me if I am wrong. I know that I am living by God's Word and what I have written is the truth because it lines up with the Word of God and on top of that it lines up with what other honest, living by the New Testament, preachers and evangelists preach on. I do not have to justify myself because I am justified by Christ. We can be called hypocrites and liars, but nothing can change the fact that we are children of God through our faith in Jesus Christ and no one can take that away from us. Praise God!
What Job's friends did not realize was that every time they tried to condemn him the stronger his faith in God got. Job could bear the unjust reproach of his friends for he was living in the expectation of the glorious appearance of his coming King. "How long will ye vex my soul, and break me in pieces with words? These ten times have ye reproached me: ye are not ashamed that ye make yourselves strange to me. And be it indeed that I have erred, mine error remaineth with myself. If indeed ye will magnify yourselves against me, and plead against me my reproach: Know now that God hath overthrown me, and hath compassed me with his net. Behold, I cry out of wrong, but I am not heard: I cry aloud, but there is no judgment....Why do ye persecute me as God, and are not satisfied with my flesh?...For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me." - Job 19:2-7,22,25-27. Job was literally saying, though you torment my soul with your words and I am suffering without judgment. I have a redeemer that will save me and I will go where God goes regardless of what you say or what happens to my flesh. According to the Law, a redeemer was the next of kin who was responsible for redeeming (buying back) an enslaved kinsman or his lost inheritance (Leviticus 25:25). The kinsman-redeemer foreshadowed the coming of Jesus Christ, our Savior-Redeemer, who bought our inheritance into the Kingdom of God. Those who accept Christ are now heirs with Him and a child of God.
As long as we are living by the Word of God all accusations are just words, God knows the truth therefore, we have nothing to worry about. Sometimes we just can not do anything to change a persons perception of us, that is when we need to hand everything over to God. As Christians we are to, "See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men. Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. Quench not the Spirit. Despise not prophesyings. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Abstain from all appearance of evil. And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ." - I Thessalonians 5:15-23. God will take care of everything all we need to do is keep our eyes on Him, stay in His Word, and thank Him for the situation we are in. Sometimes words do hurt, but as long as we have God on our side, they can help us. Everything we are going through strengthens us, if it were not for me receiving the criticism I have gotten, and have yet to get, I would not be as strong in the Lord as I am. Satan goes after those who are living righteously to make them feel like they are nobodies, but we are somebody, we are children of the living God saved by our Redeemer, Jesus Christ. Praise God! No amount of words can change that fact. So, we can change that saying to, "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never take me from my God."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 21 Jun 2010, 2:07 pm

Justified by Christ or Yourself
The word justify is defined as an acquittal, to be found as just or righteous in ones actions or words, in other words, to be acquitted of any charges against them. For example, a person who had charges brought up against them and has been found to be innocent has been justified or acquitted of all charges. When one accepts Jesus Christ as their Savior, he/she is justified or acquitted of all the charges against them, meaning one no longer faces the death penalty for their sins. "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." - Romans 6:23. There is another meaning for the word justify, one that many will try to ignore and that is, making excuses, in other words one trying to justify or come up with an excuse as to why they have done something wrong. For example, a person who had charges brought up against them and has been found guilty will try to justify or make an excuse as to why he/she is guilty, but it does not stop them from facing the consequences of those charges. When one has not accepted Jesus Christ as their Savior, he/she is found guilty of all charges against them, meaning they will face the death penalty for their sins. They can try to justify or make excuses for their guilt, but their excuses will not keep them from facing the death penalty. It is only through Jesus that one can escape the death penalty for their sins. If Jesus were to show up right now, how would you be justified? Will you be someone who is justified by Christ or yourself?

Job was a righteous and upright man, God Himself confirmed that, however, he was now facing all kinds of affliction, it was as if he were being punished for sins he committed although he did not know what he had done. I imagine he kind of felt like many of us who are living for God and facing affliction even though we do everything we can to live righteously. He has questions, is a little confused, but he trusts that God has put him through this for a reason and never once blames God or curses Him for his affliction, even though his friends were causing even more affliction. In fact the more affliction they brought upon him the more He put his trust in God. "Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him. He also shall be my salvation: for an hypocrite shall not come before him. Hear diligently my speech, and my declaration with your ears. Behold now, I have ordered my cause; I know that I shall be justified." - Job 13:15-18. It was because of the remarkable insight of Job that he expressed his confidence in a heavenly and holy all knowing God who knows our hearts. Job knew that he did not have to make excuses, He was justified by God and knew that at least He was on his side, regardless of what everyone else thought. He knew he was saved and where he was going. Every trial gives us an opportunity to draw closer to God and to become more like the person He created us to be.

This did not stop his friends from continuing to lash out at him, "Then answered Eliphaz the Temanite, and said, Should a wise man utter vain knowledge, and fill his belly with the east wind? Should he reason with unprofitable talk? or with speeches wherewith he can do no good? Yea, thou castest off fear, and restrainest prayer before God. For thy mouth uttereth thine iniquity, and thou choosest the tongue of the crafty." - Job 15:1-5. Eliphaz was basically calling him a windbag, lying to God and everyone. However, Job knew that he had a heavenly witness that would testify that all these accusations were false. "I have heard many such things: miserable comforters are ye all. Shall vain words have an end? or what emboldeneth thee that thou answerest? I also could speak as ye do: if your soul were in my soul's stead, I could heap up words against you, and shake mine head at you. But I would strengthen you with my mouth, and the moving of my lips should asswage your grief.... Also now, behold, my witness is in heaven, and my record is on high." - Job 16:2-5,19. There are just some people out there who have a lousy way of comforting people, Job knew that it would be a waste of time to argue with these men, they were not about to change their opinion of him, in fact the more he defended himself the worse they got. However, he knew he had a witness and that God would testify on his behalf.

Today, we are justified by Jesus, He goes to God and lets Him know if we have truly accepted Him and are living a righteous life. And because we have a personal relationship with Christ, all who are faithfully living for Him can say with much greater insight than Job that they too have a heavenly witness. "Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." - Romans 8:26-28. God knows our hearts and witnesses our faith in Him by learning all of His Word and knowing His will for our lives.

Are you justified by Christ or yourself? Once one has accepted Christ as their Savior they are justified by Christ, acquitted, and reconciled with God. "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us." - Romans 5:1-5. We are not justified by our works, but through Jesus Christ. "Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified." - Galatians 2:16. Excuses do not cover up the fact that everyone needs Christ, Jesus is our only Mediator to God, get to Jesus and you get to God.

Enjoy the rest of your day/night and weekend. Praise God it is Friday!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 19 Jun 2010, 12:16 pm

God Questions?
From time to time, even as faithful Christians, we all go through things that have us asking the question, why? We look up to God and say, Why are you doing this? It's okay to ask God questions, He will help us understand or comfort us even when some questions have not been answered. What we should not do is question God, He knows a lot more of what is going on than we do, while we may not understand what is going on, God knows exactly what is going on. He sees things in our future well beyond what we can ever imagine. It is however, what we do in the present that can make that journey and enjoyable one verses an unpleasant one, even during the trials we face. We all have to face the fact that whether we choose to follow Christ or not we are going to face trials, they do not go away, but they can get easier when we put our faith and trust in God. In fact, as we draw closer to Him through our trials we not only get a better insight spiritually, we also find answers to our questions.

Job must have had every emotion going on at the same time, he was confused, grieving, and in pain, on top of that the only people that would talk to him were ones that criticized him and kept making accusations at him. Amazingly though, the more these men belittled him the more he was able to see God. "I know it is so of a truth: but how should man be just with God? If he will contend with him, he cannot answer him one of a thousand. He is wise in heart, and mighty in strength: who hath hardened himself against him, and hath prospered?...Lo, he goeth by me, and I see him not: he passeth on also, but I perceive him not. Behold, he taketh away, who can hinder him? who will say unto him, What doest thou? If God will not withdraw his anger, the proud helpers do stoop under him. How much less shall I answer him, and choose out my words to reason with him....For he is not a man, as I am, that I should answer him, and we should come together in judgment. Neither is there any daysman betwixt us, that might lay his hand upon us both." - Job 9:2-4,11-14,32,33. Job admitted that God's dealings with him were beyond his ability to comprehend them, but he also realized that God was with him, even though he could not see Him. God is always with us, at times, it may seem as though He is no where to be found, but He never goes one day without His presence in our lives.

Incidentally, the word daysman means mediator, in other words Job was saying, we do not have a mediator among us to help us, someone who would stand in between the Holy God and sinful man. Today, we do have a mediator, that mediator is Jesus Christ, He is the middleman that allows us to communicate with God. Without Jesus, God can not hear us, no matter how much we scream and shout or how much we try to do for Him. Jesus Said, "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." - Matthew 7:21-23. Works do not get us to heaven, Jesus gets us to heaven!

Through Job, we are led to see that religious people who express unkind criticism of others do Satan's work. Zophar was no different, he literally scolded Job and called him a liar and pretender. "Should not the multitude of words be answered? and should a man full of talk be justified? Should thy lies make men hold their peace? and when thou mockest, shall no man make thee ashamed? For thou hast said, My doctrine is pure, and I am clean in thine eyes. But oh that God would speak, and open his lips against thee; And that he would shew thee the secrets of wisdom, that they are double to that which is! Know therefore that God exacteth of thee less than thine iniquity deserveth." - Job 11:2-6. Zophar accused Job as a man that loved to hear himself speak, though he could say nothing to the purpose, and as a man that maintained falsehoods. He was literally telling him that God was giving him what he deserved for his sins. You have to love advice from those who think they know more than you do? We are cautioned not to impose added suffering upon those who need our comfort. Judgmental critics often misunderstand the methods and purposes of God in dealing with His chosen followers, but we can overcome even them by keeping our eyes on God, He knows the truth and one day those critics will see the truth because God will take care of them for us.

Christians can sense the presence of God, not only in our trials, but also in our day to day activities. Although we cannot see Him, we know, through faith, that He is with us. God may never reveal a reason for our trials, but we should never question His actions. "Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart: So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man. Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil." - Proverbs 3:3-7. To fear the Lord means to put all your faith and trust in God, to respect Him, and to obey Him. If we do not fear God we are left with our own human reasoning to figure things out and if we do not realize by now that that can really mess things up we better acknowledge that fast. Face it, we can not get through the trials we face alone, doing that always cause so much unneeded stress and suffering. Counselors, Psychologists, Psychiatrists, and foreign substances may mask things, but they can not replace the Only One who can make the rocky road path of life smoother to walk. Praise God! Got Questions? Put your faith and trust in Jesus, seek Him, for He is the only way to God and the answers.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 17 Jun 2010, 9:27 am

Human Reasoning Instead Of God Reasoning
I was flipping through channels on TV last night and came across this documentary titled, What the Bible says, I was not shocked, but a little dismayed about how much people of the world distort God's Word. They were actually trying to convince the world that God allowed homosexuality and that He made some people that way, when it is in fact a sin and something detestable in His eyes. One woman they interviewed said, I am a Christian and I do not read the Bible, I do not think many do read it, so we wait for someone to actually tell us what is says. Sadly, this is true and the reason why God's Word and the world is so corrupted today. They leave the reading up to people who think they know the Bible, but have no idea what it actually says themselves so they corrupt God and His Word. "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen." - Romans 1:22-25. You feel like complaining to the producers or writers and saying to them, why don't you get your facts straight, but they would not listen anyway. They are getting facts from the wrong people and if by chance they actually get someone to tell them the truth they make them out to be the bad guys in all this. The truth is that these people are trying to condone sin and bring the heathen world into God's World. Satan is slick, he probably reads the Bible more than some Christians, he quotes just enough Scripture to make one think that this is what God is saying, but all he is doing is reeling people in and destroying their faith and relationship with God, while allowing them to be left to human reasoning instead of God reasoning.

Sandwiched in the center of the Old Testament Books are known as Books of Poetry. Theses are the books of human experiences of the people of God under various exercises of earthly life. The book of Job is the eighteenth book of the Old Testament/Bible and contains forty-two chapters. Job is in the form of a dramatic poem. It is probably the oldest of the Bible books, around the time of the Abrahamic Covenant. The author of the book is Moses and it was written to all people who experience suffering for unexplained reasons. The purpose of the book is to explain the question "Why the righteous suffer?". What we are to learn from the book is that there is a spiritual reason behind the suffering of the righteous. Suffering is not necessarily evidence of God's displeasure, but evidence that we are perfect, upright, and abstain from evil. Satan despises people who love God and prosper, so he is will do everything to try and get a person to curse God and walk away from Him, that is anything that God will allow him to do. That's right, the devil has to get permission from God to afflict us. Job, was was a godly man, who God Himself said was perfect, upright, and abstained from evil, he had everything he ever wanted and more, a loving family, wealth, possessions, and fame. All that was about to change, Satan was around and he was bound and determined to get Job to sin and walk away from God. "And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought? Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land. But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face. And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD." - Job 1:8-11. Do you see how Satan was questioning Job's faithfulness? He assumed that, like every self-serving person, Job was faithful only because God would reward him. God will allow Satan to afflict us, even when we are living righteously, but He does not do it to punish us or cause us pain, He does it because He knows who we are and is showing Satan that even if we lost everything we had we would not lose our faith in God.

Job was afflicted, the devil took everything he had away from him, possessions, livestock, and even his children, yet Job did not sin. When that did not convince Satan that Job was not faithful he afflicted him with his health. "And Satan answered the LORD, and said, Skin for skin, yea, all that a man hath will he give for his life. But put forth thine hand now, and touch his bone and his flesh, and he will curse thee to thy face. And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, he is in thine hand; but save his life. So went Satan forth from the presence of the LORD, and smote Job with sore boils from the sole of his foot unto his crown. And he took him a potsherd to scrape himself withal; and he sat down among the ashes. Then said his wife unto him, Dost thou still retain thine integrity? curse God, and die. But he said unto her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil? In all this did not Job sin with his lips." - Job 2:4-10. During his intense suffering and testing, Job's wife even suggested that he curse God, and die. She too had suffered loss, but it seems that her greatest loss was her faith in God. No matter what we are going through we can not allow Satan to make us lose our faith in God. Whatever we are going through is not meant to take us away from our trust and faith in Him, but in fact, to strengthen and bring us even closer to Him. It is strange, but is the closer we get to God the more burdens we receive, but we do not have to carry the burdens alone, God is always with us, we just have to remind ourselves of that.

Behind all the world's evil is Satan in his continuous effort to destroy all that is good. But Satan is under the constant surveillance of God and can do nothing without His permission. He delights in using family, friends, coworkers, and even fellow church members to criticize, belittle, and condemn one another. However, Our God, the Master Planner, is still in full control. As we read through the Book of Job we are going to see a lot of human reasoning, his friends trying to give a scientific or biblical account as to why all this evil was placed upon Job. They were clueless as well as everyone else who is determined to give advice based on human reasoning instead of God reasoning. You want to know the truth? Read the Bible for yourself, find a church that teaches all of God's Word and get around people who follow all of God's Word. First of all, if you are not saved, seek Jesus. It is only by accepting Jesus Christ as our Savior that we can even attempt to discern what the Bible tells us as it is only by accepting Christ that the Holy Spirit will work through us and help us learn little by little what God has to say to us. Jesus Said, "These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." - John 14:25-27. The Holy Spirit is inside all who are saved is who gives us the knowledge of the Bible. Like I said a few days ago, sometimes the truth hurts, but knowing the truth can save us from a lot of needless suffering. You can praise God if you are saved because even if you continue to live in sin, God still loves you and will bring you to heaven, but if you choose to ignore the truth it is your own fault and you need not complain about the consequences you are or will face for continuing to live in sin.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 15 Jun 2010, 8:48 am

A Life Controlled by Pride
People of the world have no idea just how successful Christians become by serving and standing by our faith in God. Yes, God wants all His children to be successful, in fact, our greatest success in life is our salvation through the Lord Jesus Christ, but He also allows us to be successful in our daily lives as well. In fact, the more we serve Him the more successful we can become. However, we have to be careful of our success, that nasty little thing called pride can sneak in and if we are not careful can take over our lives. The word pride is defined as having a high opinion of one's own importance, merit, or superiority, which is cherished in the mind and eventually displayed through their conduct. The more proud one becomes the higher the opinion of themselves, the more it is displayed through their actions. Ever get around someone who is too proud of themselves? They are arrogant, demanding, and unbearable to be around. We are to be humble through our success, to be humble means to be meek and modest, sure it is okay to feel good about a job well done, but we can not let our pride take over to the point that it destroys us. "Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall. Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud." - Proverbs 16:18,19.

Haman, was the most powerful assistant to the king, he was by no means godly or humble, but is a perfect example of just how destructive pride is. Haman despised the Jews and had issued a decree to execute all in Babylon, one particular Jew that he despised the most was Mordecai. Day and night Mordecai stood in front of the palace gates, determined to get the king to overturn the execution some how. Finally queen Esther got word of what was going on, Mordecai pleaded with Esther to go to the king to save her people. Since no one knew that Esther was a Jew she was fearful and reminded him that Persian law stated that anyone who approached the king uninvited could be put to death. However, she requested that Mordecai get all the Jews together for three days of fasting and prayer while she and her servants did the same. "Then Mordecai commanded to answer Esther, Think not with thyself that thou shalt escape in the king's house, more than all the Jews. For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father's house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this? Then Esther bade them return Mordecai this answer, Go, gather together all the Jews that are present in Shushan, and fast ye for me, and neither eat nor drink three days, night or day: I also and my maidens will fast likewise; and so will I go in unto the king, which is not according to the law: and if I perish, I perish." - Esther 4:1-3, 13-16. There comes a time in every battle that we just need to stop, take a deep breath and get with God. We can not face every battle alone, we might be able to get help from people, but there are some things that only God can do and when it gets to that point, it's all about fasting and praying.

Three days later, queen Esther stood in the inner court of the king's house and waited to see if she would face life or death. The king welcomed her and offered to grant her request, the only thing she requested was a banquet with him and Haman. "Now it came to pass on the third day, that Esther put on her royal apparel, and stood in the inner court of the king's house, over against the king's house: and the king sat upon his royal throne in the royal house, over against the gate of the house. And it was so, when the king saw Esther the queen standing in the court, that she obtained favour in his sight: and the king held out to Esther the golden sceptre that was in his hand. So Esther drew near, and touched the top of the sceptre. Then said the king unto her, What wilt thou, queen Esther? and what is thy request? it shall be even given thee to the half of the kingdom. And Esther answered, If it seem good unto the king, let the king and Haman come this day unto the banquet that I have prepared for him." - Esther 5:1-4. The king not only welcomed Esther, he said he would give her anything he asked and also gave her half the kingdom. Amazingly, God is the same way with all of His people. He will bless anyone who humbly goes before Him in prayer.

During the banquet, curious as to why the queen wanted Haman to join them for dinner, asked what she was requesting. Oddly enough all she asked for was a second banquet with the two of them. After Haman left the palace he gloated over being the only one there and on top of that he bragged about killing the Jews, making a special noose just to hang Mordecai with. "And Haman told them of the glory of his riches, and the multitude of his children, and all the things wherein the king had promoted him, and how he had advanced him above the princes and servants of the king. Haman said moreover, Yea, Esther the queen did let no man come in with the king unto the banquet that she had prepared but myself; and to morrow am I invited unto her also with the king. Yet all this availeth me nothing, so long as I see Mordecai the Jew sitting at the king's gate. Then said Zeresh his wife and all his friends unto him, Let a gallows be made of fifty cubits high, and to morrow speak thou unto the king that Mordecai may be hanged thereon: then go thou in merrily with the king unto the banquet. And the thing pleased Haman; and he caused the gallows to be made." - Esther 5:11-14. Haman was so busy bragging on himself that he could not see the dangers lying ahead of him. People who are stuck on themselves are fools, they think they have everyone wrapped around their little finger, but the only people they really have on their side is egomaniac, wannabes trying to be like them. Sooner or later all egos will be crushed.

Now, during the second banquet the king once again asked the queen what she requested. This time she was begging for the king to save her life as well as the rest of the Jews. "And the king said again unto Esther on the second day at the banquet of wine, What is thy petition, queen Esther? and it shall be granted thee: and what is thy request? and it shall be performed, even to the half of the kingdom. Then Esther the queen answered and said, If I have found favour in thy sight, O king, and if it please the king, let my life be given me at my petition, and my people at my request:..And the king arising from the banquet of wine in his wrath went into the palace garden: and Haman stood up to make request for his life to Esther the queen; for he saw that there was evil determined against him by the king. Then the king returned out of the palace garden into the place of the banquet of wine; and Haman was fallen upon the bed whereon Esther was. Then said the king, Will he force the queen also before me in the house? As the word went out of king's mouth, they covered Haman's face. And Harbonah, one of the chamberlains, said before the king, Behold also, the gallows fifty cubits high, which Haman had made for Mordecai, who spoken good for the king, standeth in the house of Haman. Then the king said, Hang him thereon." - Esther 7:2,3,7-9. Haman was found out, all his wicked plans to execute the Jews was revealed. The king not only saved the queens life, but all the Jews and on top of that he was executed himself on the same noose that was meant for Mordecai. Haman let his pride kill him, he got so big headed about his successes that he became a danger to himself. Everyone gets their ego lifted or hurt from time to time, but we can not let it become controlled by pride. Be humble, trust and keep your eyes on Jesus and you will be and remain successful in all you do.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 14 Jun 2010, 6:38 pm

Doing A Great Work For Him
Surrendering one's life to serve God can be challenging at times, battles will come and go to test our faith in Him. We may have to serve Him in some uncomfortable or what seems like strange ways, but one day everything we do to serve God will pay off in a great way. My church just ended a youth conference yesterday, it was amazing to see teens and adolescents stirred up, surrendering to become full-time servants of God as well as adults getting a reminder that we too need to be full-time servants. My little nephew who is nine years old went up to the altar, eager to say I want to serve God, unknowing to what the future held, but ready and willing to serve God in anyway, he was out with our pastor this morning picking up trash on the grounds. “Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God; And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;â€� - Colossians 3:22,23. We are all going to face opposition for serving God, but we have to stay at it with faith in God knowing that all things work together for God's glory and our own good.

One of the pastors at the conference spoke a message that kind of relates to the book we are beginning to read today. He reminded us that God is omniscient (all knowing), omnipresent (always present), and Sovereign (always in control). He knows exactly what is going on every single second of the day. We may not understand the path that God chooses for us or the circumstances in which He allows us to go through, but every bit of it is made to grow us, to strengthen us, to correct us, and to serve Him for the purpose He created us for. God has created some of us to be preachers, teachers, missionaries, church leaders, evangelists, church workers, nursery workers, and even cooks and janitors. He will use us in every field of work or play to serve Him in some way. Amazingly, He not only uses godly people, He also uses ungodly people to serve Him. Oh, they may not know it, but God uses every ungodly person in some way, it could be to bring someone to Christ, to strengthen our faith in Christ, to remind us of how fortunate we are to have Christ, or to get us back on track with Christ, but God brought every person into the world to serve Him in some way. If one Christian helps save the life of one lost soul it is all worth it, it's all about God and reaching the lost so they too can know Christ and be a part of the Kingdom of God. “For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.â€� - II Corinthians 4:6.

The book of Esther is the seventeenth book of the Old Testament/Bible and contains ten chapters. The author of the book is Mordecai and it was originally written to the Israelites who where in Persia (Babylon). The purpose of the book was to continue showing the history of Israelites in captivity and to recount the divine care God has for His people. What we are to learn from the book is that God uses all people to serve Him in some way, but prepares His people to be a witness and blessing to others going through similar crises.

Esther was an orphan named Hadassah taken from Jerusalem to Babylon during Babylons attack of the Southern Kingdom of Judah. She was taken to the king's palace along with other maidens, either to be made queen or to become a part of the king's harem. “So it came to pass, when the king's commandment and his decree was heard, and when many maidens were gathered together unto Shushan the palace, to the custody of Hegai, that Esther was brought also unto the king's house, to the custody of Hegai, keeper of the women. And the maiden pleased him, and she obtained kindness of him; and he speedily gave her her things for purification, with such things as belonged to her, and seven maidens, which were meet to be given her, out of the king's house: and he preferred her and her maids unto the best place of the house of the women. Esther had not shewed her people nor her kindred: for Mordecai had charged her that she should not shew it.â€� - Esther 2:8-10. Esther found herself in a situation over which she had no control, she could only trust God for direction and protection. We should never doubt that God is in ultimate control to protect us and provide for His people. God never makes a mistake, is never partial, and never overlooks one of His children. We should not give in to self-pity and defeat, but remain faithful and look to the Lord and His Word for guidance and strength.

After Esther became queen, king Ahasuerus promoted a wicked man named Haman, which gave him the right to enforce the king's command. Haman had become so influential with the king that the people began bowing down to him as though he were king. However, Mordecai, Esther's cousin, refused. “After these things did king Ahasuerus promote Haman the son of Hammedatha the Agagite, and advanced him, and set his seat above all the princes that were with him. And all the king's servants, that were in the king's gate, bowed, and reverenced Haman: for the king had so commanded concerning him. But Mordecai bowed not, nor did him reverence....And when Haman saw that Mordecai bowed not, nor did him reverence, then was Haman full of wrath. And he thought scorn to lay hands on Mordecai alone; for they had shewed him the people of Mordecai: wherefore Haman sought to destroy all the Jews that were throughout the whole kingdom of Ahasuerus, even the people of Mordecai.â€� - Esther 3:1,2,5,6. When Mordecai refused to bow down Haman was determined to use his authority to destroy Mordecai and all Jews in the kingdom. Mordecai's life was at stake, but he was willing to die, if necessary, rather than compromise his loyalty to God. Like Mordecai, we must not bow down to the Haman's of this world who would seek to destroy our loyalty to Christ. As Christians, we are ambassadors for Christ and should maintain a dignity in our daily conduct and conversation that honors our Lord. We too may feel like a victim of circumstances beyond our control and wish for another situation where we could do something more for our Lord. There is no need to fear that you are missing God's best, just serve Him where you are, for He has placed you there for a reason, you are doing a great work for Him and He is rejoicing over that. Praise God!

God Bless You, I am praying for you,
P.S. I apologize for the late post, forgive me if this caused any inconvenience.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 13 Jun 2010, 12:36 pm

Being Spiritually Active
As Christians it is important to be spiritually active with God, we are to pray and read His Word every day, find a church that bases it's doctrine and teaching on the New Testament, fellowship with other like minded Christians, and keep ourselves separated from people who live in the world. Yes, we are to be respectful towards everyone, but we are to set ourselves apart from non-believers or even those who say they are Christian, but do not believe in the Gospel of Christ, the death, burial, and resurrection. Sadly, many Christians, including Preachers, Ministers, Evangelists, and teachers have become spiritually inactive, leaving people unknown to the Gospel to fend for themselves and try to figure out everything on their own. Sure it is good to read the Bible on your own and learn how to communicate with Him on your own, but we need some help once in a while from trainers. Just like the physical body needs a trainer to help keep it motivated and physically active to stay fit, the spiritual body needs a trainer to help keep it motivated and spiritually active to stay fit. If we want to get in shape we need to work hard and stay at it because it takes years to get in shape, but only days to lose it.

After being in Jerusalem about 12 years, Nehemiah returned to his duties in Babylon. During his absence, the Israelites neglected reading the Scriptures and, within a brief period of time, the people, including spiritual leaders and church workers had lost interest in pleasing the Lord and began focusing on worldly things. Nehemiah was stricken with grief, how could such a small town get so out of touch with God. Nehemiah arrived to Israelites, including priests married to idol worshipers, work being done on the Sabbath, and no one was tithing so the Levites (church workers) were out working in the fields. Perhaps what grieved him most was that Eliashib, the priest, allying himself with Tobiah, an enemy of God who did everything to stop the rebuilding of the Temple. Eliashib provided special living quarters in the Temple compound for this enemy of God. "On that day they read in the book of Moses in the audience of the people; and therein was found written, that the Ammonite and the Moabite should not come into the congregation of God for ever; Because they met not the children of Israel with bread and with water, but hired Balaam against them, that he should curse them: howbeit our God turned the curse into a blessing. Now it came to pass, when they had heard the law, that they separated from Israel all the mixed multitude...And it grieved me sore: therefore I cast forth all the household stuff to Tobiah out of the chamber. Then I commanded, and they cleansed the chambers: and thither brought I again the vessels of the house of God, with the meat offering and the frankincense. And I perceived that the portions of the Levites had not been given them: for the Levites and the singers, that did the work, were fled every one to his field. Then contended I with the rulers, and said, Why is the house of God forsaken? And I gathered them together, and set them in their place." - Nehemiah 13:1-3,8-11. Nehemiah was determined to get the people right with God, even if that meant he had to hurt some peoples feelings.

How did they lose touch with God in such a short amount of time? First, they got lax. Instead of staying spiritually active they got lazy, saying it will not hurt me to miss just one service or I do not have to read my Bible all the time. Because they allowed themselves to become lax they became ignorant to God's Word and the Scriptures. Secondly, men of God and teachers have stopped being the examples they are supposed to be, they
have allowed compromise with the world into the church, they do not want to offend anyone, or want to keep the money coming in so they allow the world to dwell in the church and ignore or change God's Word to make it fit in with society. Now, everyone is welcome in God's house, He loves everyone, and wants to see everyone saved, but He wants everyone to know the truth. He will not have men changing His Word to satisfy the needs of the world. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." - John 14:6. People need to hear the truth not to have it sugar coated to fit their lifestyles, the truth hurts sometimes, but it would not hurt so much if we were doing what we should be doing in the first place. An old movie quote comes to mind, "You can't handle the truth". The world and even some Christians do not want to hear the truth, the fact is, heaven and hell are real and every person will end up in one of these places. Fornication, adultery, homosexuality, drunkenness, gambling, and astrology are all sins that God despises, all have sinned and will face the consequences of their sins. Ignorance is not bliss, it can not save you only Jesus can save you.

Nehemiah took affirmative action, he stood for the Word of God and would not consent to their compromising attitude toward sin. "And it came to pass, that when the gates of Jerusalem began to be dark before the sabbath, I commanded that the gates should be shut, and charged that they should not be opened till after the sabbath: and some of my servants set I at the gates, that there should no burden be brought in on the sabbath day. So the merchants and sellers of all kind of ware lodged without Jerusalem once or twice. Then I testified against them, and said unto them, Why lodge ye about the wall? if ye do so again, I will lay hands on you. From that time forth came they no more on the sabbath. And I commanded the Levites that they should cleanse themselves, and that they should come and keep the gates, to sanctify the sabbath day. Remember me, O my God, concerning this also, and spare me according to the greatness of thy mercy....And I contended with them, and cursed them, and smote certain of them, and plucked off their hair, and made them swear by God, saying, Ye shall not give your daughters unto their sons, nor take their daughters unto your sons, or for yourselves." - Nehemiah 13:19-22,25. Nehemiah continued his reformation while facing much opposition. A true man of God will not let the world intimidate them from telling and living by the true Word of God. Of course church leaders make mistakes, but the only way to get right with God and get the people right with God is by following an example and living by all of the truths found in His Word, not picking and choosing what they want to follow and bend the rules or eliminate the rest of them. We are all to set an example foe the world to follow, otherwise how are they to know the importance of following Christ.

Too often Christians compromise with the world because they lack knowledge of the Scriptures, they excuse disloyalty to God by saying they don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. But where there is obvious opposition to what is clearly stated in God's Word, we must take a positive stand for Christ. "I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry." - II Timothy 4:1-5. We can not stop teaching and living by the truth of God's Word no matter how many people try to deny, change, or compromise with the facts. To resist worldly influence calls for tough decisions to be made in order to remain faithful to God's Word. We must stay spiritually active or get back in shape, if we are not walking with God daily we will not be able to fight off the devil who would like nothing better than to get strong Christians away from God and compromising with the world.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 12 Jun 2010, 2:18 pm

Get to Work
Though all true Christians love the Lord, not all are willing to give up personal interests and financial securities to do what is needed. Jesus said, "The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest." - Luke 10:2. There is much work to be done before Jesus returns, but sadly many Christians will sit on the sidelines instead of pitching in and doing what is needed and commanded by Jesus Himself. Jesus spent forty days on earth after He resurrected and before He ascended back up to heaven He gave a command to all who are saved. "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen." - Matthew 28:18-20. Perhaps the most important task of all that Jesus has given us is to tell the Gospel to all who do not know Christ. There truly are many, many, many, who are not saved, but only about one out of ten Christians will do the labor to see people saved. As Christians, we need to remember that we are only saved through the blood shed of our Lord Jesus Christ, the least we can do is help Him our by telling others how they too can come to know Christ.
Ordinary people, although not skilled in building walls, had willingly gone to work under Nehemiah's leadership and did the best they could to rebuild the walls around Jerusalem. After everything was complete, only a minority of the people who left Persia (Babylon) to rebuild Jerusalem actually lived inside the city's walls. Most of the Jews lived in suburbs where they could grow crops, pasture their animals, and make a living more easily. Because of this, there were not enough people living in Jerusalem to maintain and protect it. "And the rulers of the people dwelt at Jerusalem: the rest of the people also cast lots, to bring one of ten to dwell in Jerusalem the holy city, and nine parts to dwell in other cities. And the people blessed all the men, that willingly offered themselves to dwell at Jerusalem. Now these are the chief of the province that dwelt in Jerusalem: but in the cities of Judah dwelt every one in his possession in their cities, to wit, Israel, the priests, and the Levites, and the Nethinims, and the children of Solomon's servants." - Nehemiah 11:1-3. Jerusalem is the only city on earth called by God the holy city and where our Creator chose to put His Name. It was still in ruins and the people had a lot of work to do to get it rebuilt. Only one in ten people chose to forsake their comfortable living to go into Jerusalem to rebuild the city. It is not an easy task to serve the Lord at times, there are many uncomfortable situations that come our way, but we must realize that every hurdle we jump over is one more closer to the finish line which leads to the Kingdom of God.
Nehemiah went to the people and convinced many to return to putting God first in their lives, "And at the dedication of the wall of Jerusalem they sought the Levites out of all their places, to bring them to Jerusalem, to keep the dedication with gladness, both with thanksgivings, and with singing, with cymbals, psalteries, and with harps.... Also that day they offered great sacrifices, and rejoiced: for God had made them rejoice with great joy: the wives also and the children rejoiced: so that the joy of Jerusalem was heard even afar off. And at that time were some appointed over the chambers for the treasures, for the offerings, for the firstfruits, and for the tithes, to gather into them out of the fields of the cities the portions of the law for the priests and Levites: for Judah rejoiced for the priests and for the Levites that waited. And both the singers and the porters kept the ward of their God, and the ward of the purification, according to the commandment of David, and of Solomon his son. For in the days of David and Asaph of old there were chief of the singers, and songs of praise and thanksgiving unto God. And all Israel in the days of Zerubbabel, and in the days of Nehemiah, gave the portions of the singers and the porters, every day his portion: and they sanctified holy things unto the Levites; and the Levites sanctified them unto the children of Aaron." - Nehemiah 12:27,43-47. It was a revival, the people returned to God with great joy and forsook their own personal needs to rebuild the city. It can be easy to get so sidetracked when the pressures of life come knocking at the door, and sadly, it is during times like these when we can lose sight of God. That's when it is time for a revival, a personal praise and worship to the Lord. He will take care of us, but we must seek Him first.
Just as the Lord called His people out of Persia to forsake personal gain, to rebuild Jerusalem, and to be free to worship Him, so our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ has called us to seek Him first. "Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." - Matthew 6:31-33. We do not need to be worried about the things we are in need of, God knows what we need. If we seek Him first, He will take care of everything. I am self employed so I do not get a steady pay check, but when the time comes and I am in need of funds God is always there and provides me with work. In fact, if I take God with me while I am working, the work triples and I get paid for one job what would take me at least three jobs. Praise God! It is time to go to God and ask Him what jobs need to be done, He has given you so many blessings, thank Him for them by helping Him out a little bit. There are so many people lost and in need to know the Savior, tell them about Him, you do not have to know the Bible, just know Jesus and tell them how you came to know Him. There is a lot of work to be done, the harvest is plenty, but few a willing to bring in the crops, be a part of the few, do some work. No job is truly as satisfying as one done with compassion and labor. Let's get to work and see God do some amazing things in our lives. Praise God!
Enjoy the rest of your day/night and the rest of the week.

New Chapter Begins
The Bible was written to give us directions, to show us how we can live life to the fullest, yet still have some morals and recognize what an awesome, powerful God we have. "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works." - II Timothy 3:16,17. Most people in the world have to have some sense that we had to be created somehow and it certainly was not from a speck that somehow turned into grass, then trees, then tadpoles billions of years ago into what we are today. Someone had to create everything on earth, first, no one or thing can evolve into something else. There may be different breeds, but no specie can break off or mix with another to create a new specie. That someone is God and He chose the people of Israel to be His mouth and to represent Him. Little by little pages were written documenting the state of Israel and the people known as God's people. They were no different then we are today, very few followed Him, generations would go by and not a mention of God or who He is came to mind. Then all of a sudden one person did not want to be like the rest of the world and choose to learn more about this awesome God and once again the Book was found, opened, and read, and a new generation begins serving God and a new chapter begins.
The wall surrounding Jerusalem was complete and a revival had just begun, the people were eager to know about this God they heard about. There was a book, but they could not understand it because it was written in the Hebrew language, which is why the New Testament was written in the Aramaic language. Ezra and several others gathered all who wanted to know about this awesome God together and began reading and learning His Word and Law. Upon learning what they had been unaware of they immediately began to repent and seek forgiveness, not only for themselves, but for the generations that had forsaken God. "Now in the twenty and fourth day of this month the children of Israel were assembled with fasting, and with sackclothes, and earth upon them. And the seed of Israel separated themselves from all strangers, and stood and confessed their sins, and the iniquities of their fathers. And they stood up in their place, and read in the book of the law of the LORD their God one fourth part of the day; and another fourth part they confessed, and worshipped the LORD their God...Then the Levites, Jeshua, and Kadmiel, Bani, Hashabniah, Sherebiah, Hodijah, Shebaniah, and Pethahiah, said, Stand up and bless the LORD your God for ever and ever: and blessed be thy glorious name, which is exalted above all blessing and praise. Thou, even thou, art LORD alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee." - Nehemiah 9:1-3,5,6. Those who find out the truth and realize they have been living a sinful life immediately begin to think about current sins and seek forgiveness. As they continue to read and learn more about what God has to say, everything starts coming out. A new chapter begins, one that is full of repentance and worship. It is an amazing feeling to go to God and ask Him for forgiveness and receive it by His mercy and grace through the Lord Jesus Christ. It is like a huge weight comes off your shoulders and you can not help, but thank the Lord and praise Him for being such a merciful God. Praise God! We must make it a point to read and learn all of God's Word. If you do not understand it, find someone who knows it to explain it to you or simply ask God, the Holy Spirit will help you understand it.
The completion of the wall provided protection from the surrounding enemies and provided peace of mind to hear what God had to say. They wanted to know all of God's Word and little by little they learned about the generations before them and how they came to be at present. The Israelites bound themselves with an oath to restore the tithes and sacrifices which the Law had earlier ordained. "They clave to their brethren, their nobles, and entered into a curse, and into an oath, to walk in God's law, which was given by Moses the servant of God, and to observe and do all the commandments of the LORD our Lord, and his judgments and his statutes;...Also we made ordinances for us, to charge ourselves yearly with the third part of a shekel for the service of the house of our God; For the shewbread, and for the continual meat offering, and for the continual burnt offering, of the sabbaths, of the new moons, for the set feasts, and for the holy things, and for the sin offerings to make an atonement for Israel, and for all the work of the house of our God." - Nehemiah 10:29,32,33. Though they were impoverished and oppressed, they undertook to give such things as were needed for the full service of the Temple. It is important that we put God first in our giving, putting God first in all things blesses us abundantly, it may not look like it at the time, but give it time and all of a sudden you will look back and say, I am truly blessed.
The second a person accepts Jesus Christ as their Savior a new chapter begins, there are so many chapters in history documenting the power of God that even go beyond what we learn in the Bible, so many that if they were in the Bible it would be an endless book. You can write a chapter documenting the wonderful power of God on your life as He changes it to one that finally has meaning to it or you can write one documenting a life that just remained as though you never knew the name Jesus Christ. It's up to you, but remember one thing, you are a child of God, a representative of Christ, who was sinless and died to save you from your sins and hell. "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." - II Corinthians 5:17-21. Praise God! If you think a life can not be changed by giving your life to Christ ready by testimony http://www.readytofollow.com/my-testimony
Enjoy the rest of your day/night week.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 09 Jun 2010, 12:07 pm

Getting Through The Gate
A gate is a movable barrier to an entrance way, Jesus said, "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." - Matthew 7:13,14. Jesus is the gate, or movable barrier that gets us to God and into heaven. The word strait means a position of difficulty, hardships. The path to the strait gate is very narrow and difficult to get to, but it leads to Jesus who is life. Jesus is saying come to me, enter through my gate, it may be difficult, but it leads to eternal life with Me. The path to the wide gate is easy, it is big, smooth, and looks very appealing and inviting, but the wide gate leads to Satan. The word thereat means to enter in that place, meaning to enter a place of destruction or hell. Jesus is saying, many will enter through the wide gate because it is easier, but I will not be there and it will destroy you. The wide gate always leads to destruction and separation from God. Heaven is a huge place, full of streets of gold and mansions which Jesus is preparing for those whom have chosen the path to the strait gate, but sadly, only a few will be able to enter.

The walls surrounding Jerusalem were repaired, the city was huge and it still needed a lot of work, but very few people were in it. Armed guards stood at the only entrance into the city, the gates were open during the day, but once the gates were closed no one was allowed to go through the gates unless their names were found written in the register book. "Now it came to pass, when the wall was built, and I had set up the doors, and the porters and the singers and the Levites were appointed, That I gave my brother Hanani, and Hananiah the ruler of the palace, charge over Jerusalem: for he was a faithful man, and feared God above many. And I said unto them, Let not the gates of Jerusalem be opened until the sun be hot; and while they stand by, let them shut the doors, and bar them: and appoint watches of the inhabitants of Jerusalem, every one in his watch, and every one to be over against his house. Now the city was large and great: but the people were few therein, and the houses were not builded. And my God put into mine heart to gather together the nobles, and the rulers, and the people, that they might be reckoned by genealogy. And I found a register of the genealogy of them which came up at the first, and found written therein,...These sought their register among those that were reckoned by genealogy, but it was not found: therefore were they, as polluted, put from the priesthood. " - Nehemiah 7:1-5,64. The register book was the Israelites only documentation that they were true Israelites that came from Babylon, anyone not found written in the book was considered an imposter and could not enter. Whether Jew or Gentile, unless a person is written in the Book of Life they can not enter the gates to heaven. Many people will go before Jesus and say they know Him, but will not be found in the registry book, therefore they will be put out from the Kingdom of God.

The ultimate purpose of God for His people was more than the restoration of His Temple and the walls of Jerusalem. These man-made structures were powerless to protect the Israelites from their enemies unless the people knew and obeyed the Word of God. The Hebrew language in which the Book of the Law was written was no longer the common language of the people. During their captivity, they spoke Aramaic, which was the international trade language used by the Aramaeans (Syrians), Persians, and Babylonians at that time. "And all the people gathered themselves together as one man into the street that was before the water gate; and they spake unto Ezra the scribe to bring the book of the law of Moses, which the LORD had commanded to Israel. And Ezra the priest brought the law before the congregation both of men and women, and all that could hear with understanding, upon the first day of the seventh month. And he read therein before the street that was before the water gate from the morning until midday, before the men and the women, and those that could understand; and the ears of all the people were attentive unto the book of the law....So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading. And Nehemiah, which is the Tirshatha, and Ezra the priest the scribe, and the Levites that taught the people, said unto all the people, This day is holy unto the LORD your God; mourn not, nor weep. For all the people wept, when they heard the words of the law. Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our LORD: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength." - Nehemiah 8:1-3,8-10. Thousands of Jews assembled at sunrise in Jerusalem day after day to hear Ezra and the Levites read and explain the Book of the Law, naturally when they realized that they were not following God's commands they felt convicted and began to cry, but Ezra encouraged them not to cry, saying the joy of the Lord is your strength. God has forgiven you, go, be merry and rejoice.

The most pressing need today is for Christians to become seriously concerned about reading all of God's Word because God speaks to us through His Word and, as we read it, our various acts of disobedience, whether by ignorance, omission or commission, are brought to mind. "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." - Hebrews 4:12. God's Word will lead to our conviction, confession, and cleansing. The guilt which results from sins we have committed should no longer remain after we have confessed and repented. We dare not dig up past confessed and forgiven sins of our own or of others; instead, we should rejoice in the merciful, forgiving love of God through Christ our Savior. "He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son."- I John 5:10,11. Those who do not have their names written in the book will enter through the gate that leads to an eternity in the lake of fire. "And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." - Revelation 20:14,15. Being a Jew does not save a person, living righteously does not save a person, only Jesus saves a person. Only those who believe in Jesus, and I mean the birth, death, burial, and resurrection, of our Savior, gets to go through the gate. The barrier is gone, they are written in the Book of Life and can enter into the Kingdom of God. "For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." - Romans 10:12,13. Praise God!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 09 Jun 2010, 11:55 am

Rebuilding The Walls
A wall is a divider, a shield, that is used as a barrier for protection or privacy, walls can protect us from weather, from seeing things we do not need to see, or from walking into dangerous places. Walls can also prevent us from getting out of danger or dangerous places if we are not careful of where we are going. As Christians, we too have walls, spiritual walls, these walls are a shield, the Shield of Salvation through Jesus Christ. "Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great." - Psalm 18:35. All who are saved have this shield, and enjoy a wonderful, happy, and content with life, knowing that Jesus protects them. Sadly, many actually are not happy and content with life, but are as if they are still lost and have no idea that Jesus is with them. Why? They have taken down the walls, the shield of faith, the sword of the spirit, and the helmet of salvation, to name a few. Satan is out there and constantly trying to get through the gate and if we are not careful he will get in and destroy the wall stone by stone to the point that one no longer has any protection and is living a corrupted, sinful life that they can not get out of. We can not fight the evils on or own, but we can through Christ and He alone can help us rebuild the walls and protect us from the dangers of the flesh, the eyes, the mind, or the pride of life.
Nehemiah was on a mission to rebuild the walls that protected Jerusalem, which had been destroyed for almost a hundred years. Sanballat had done all that he could to sidetrack Nehemiah through ridicule and, eventually threats in order to get him to stop. "But it came to pass, that when Sanballat heard that we builded the wall, he was wroth, and took great indignation, and mocked the Jews. And he spake before his brethren and the army of Samaria, and said, What do these feeble Jews? will they fortify themselves? will they sacrifice? will they make an end in a day? will they revive the stones out of the heaps of the rubbish which are burned? Now Tobiah the Ammonite was by him, and he said, Even that which they build, if a fox go up, he shall even break down their stone wall." - Nehemiah 4:1-3. Anytime people if the world see godly people doing work for Him it scares them. They do not want God anywhere near them as this was the case with Sanballat, he was determined to stop Nehemiah. We all have a decision to make, do we allow the intimidation of those mocking us stop us from God's will or do we continue forward knowing that God will give us the strength to complete the job, no matter what they do to us.
Sanballat forgot one thing, God was real and with those people, the more they tried to stop them the more determined they were to keep going. Nehemiah appointed men to stand guard while others did the work. Working about 12 hours a day left little time for anything else, but the Israelites faith had been strengthened through the reading of God's Word. "And it came to pass, when our enemies heard that it was known unto us, and God had brought their counsel to nought, that we returned all of us to the wall, every one unto his work. And it came to pass from that time forth, that the half of my servants wrought in the work, and the other half of them held both the spears, the shields, and the bows, and the habergeons; and the rulers were behind all the house of Judah. They which builded on the wall, and they that bare burdens, with those that laded, every one with one of his hands wrought in the work, and with the other hand held a weapon. For the builders, every one had his sword girded by his side, and so builded. And he that sounded the trumpet was by me. And I said unto the nobles, and to the rulers, and to the rest of the people, The work is great and large, and we are separated upon the wall, one far from another. In what place therefore ye hear the sound of the trumpet, resort ye thither unto us: our God shall fight for us." - Nehemiah 4:15-20. God will fight for all who are willing to do the work that needs to be done. We have a lot of work to do before Jesus returns, but we are guarded by the shield of His salvation. Only through Him can we build the strength needed to live right and do the will of God.
Some have built a wall of their own to keep God from coming in, perhaps they were hurt by a person, a church, or even got mad at God for something years ago. Walls like these keep people from going anywhere in life, they are bitter and angry with the world and all they do is complain about everything and make life miserable for those around them. I get people all the time telling me I use to be like you, but I gave it all up because so and so did this to me. I even get people saying I can not even remember what happen as it has been so long ago, but I will not change my mind. It is really sad that if Jesus can forgive and forget things that were done to Him that one can not forgive someone for something they can not even remember. It is time to tear down the walls built of pride and bitterness and rebuild the walls of mercy, grace, and forgiveness. "Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:" - Ephesians 6:13-17. If you are not saved, get to know Christ, get in His Word, get into a Bible believing church, and let it all go. If you have fallen away from God or are struggling, reaffirm your faith in Him and do the same things, start rebuilding your spiritual walls. You can not change the past, but you can change today. Praise God!
Enjoy the rest of your day/night and have a good week.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next