World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 27 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 27 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» JIHAD WATCH
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 11:38 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 11:18 pm by Admin

» AISH
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 10:24 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 10:21 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» israelAM
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 10:09 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 9:54 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 9:51 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 9 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:49 pm by Admin

» Pressure from UN Threats
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 9 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:45 pm by Admin

» Ship that obliterated Baltimore bridge
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 9 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:44 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 9 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:08 pm by Admin

» Be Fervent in Spirit
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 9 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 10:54 pm by Admin

» Remain in God - iBelieve Truth
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 9 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 1:25 am by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 9 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 12:43 am by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 9 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 11:40 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 9 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 11:00 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 9 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 8:54 pm by Admin

» Is Gaza Really Starving
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 9 EmptySun 24 Mar 2024, 11:40 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 9 EmptySun 24 Mar 2024, 10:08 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals)

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 9 Empty Re: special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals)

Post  Admin Sat 18 Feb 2012, 6:30 pm

IMPORTANT ANNOUCEMENT FROM KEITH
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 9 Empty Admin Today at 7:29

Hello my beloved friends

I wish to thank everyone of you for sharing in the ministry God has given me, it is such an awesome privilege and responsibility to share the word of God.

It is an honour to be able to share with so many people from different countries, I know the devotions go to every single continent every week.. what I can I say but thank you Lord.

Over the past months, God has been dealing with me in a remarkable way. God revealed the secret of the Christian life is the secret place.. there is nothing else that will suffice other than God himself.. it is only when the believer spends time in the presence of His God and Lord, can he truly experience freedom. There is not one book to read, not one programme to follow. The only book that can suffice is the Holy Bible, because when we know the word of God, we get to know the Author.

THE SECRET OF THE CHRISTIAN LIFE IS THE SECRET PLACE

Church , HE also wants you to stop reading those books about HIM and listening to those sermons, however good , they are and meet HIM in that secret place of prayer. Maybe you will not say a a lot in that place, maybe it is time to remain silent and let God speak, I know because, I can't half go on .. talking that is. Sometimes, the Lord cant get a word in edgeways

I really feel due to several things to cut down on ministry once again. So from this Friday I will no longer be sending out Persecuted Church news or Prayer Focus. Let me give you the reasons

First of all. I want to spend more time with God in prayer and get into the word of God.. I need and want to spend more time in the secret place

Does this mean I will stop writing.. no it doesn't.. indeed the devotions will continue every Wednesday and Thursday. But they will be once a week

Secondly as some of you know I have met a wonderful christian lady called Helen.. she and I are a couple and we will meet later this year.. that is because I am in the UK and Helen is in China. What can I say about Helen.. that she is my sweetheart, my love and God's gift to me. We both feel that God has brought us together. Please pray as we proceed in God's time and to do His will.

Thirdly there are resources to help you with with both.

Prayer Focus

Here is the operation world website. I hope you will be blessed. Please purchase the book and pray through the book.. it is very cheap

http://www.operationworld.org/

If you are not able to get any of the resources from your local christian bookshop here is where you can get it on amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=operation+world+2010&tag=googhydr-21&index=stripbooks&hvadid=10152152806&ref=pd_sl_2vdbn60s1u_b

I will still be praying through this book.. Please join me

Persecuted Church

I still have a real passion to pray for my brothers and sisters of the persecuted church and encourage you to do the same. I ask that you would gain more details by accessing the information on these websites, please sign up for updates via e-mail or through the mail.

http://www.persecution.net/

http://www.opendoorsuk.org/

http://www.compassdirect.org/

My Heart for the persecuted church still burns bright

Devotions

As I said these devotions will be either Simply Scripture Bible study, Noonday Devotion or Spirit Steps studies in Acts. They will have links to songs, sermons and websites and I hope you will take time to pass them on. These will be sent out every Wednesday and Thursday. There primary focus will be to draw you closer to God, remember they are an aid to helping you know God. Dig into the word for yourself, seek HIM in prayer for yourself. They will have links to websites (if you know any good websites.. please let me know), links to songs (again please let me know your favourite spiritual song or hymn) and a link to a sermon to stir and encourage your faith. You saw the first one on the last simply Scripture.. they will usually but not always come fromwww.oneplace.com

I also would like to invite you to join me to pray for revival every Wednesday at 8pm in your time zone. Please pray at 8pm for a few minutes in your time for revival in the following 4 areas.

In your own life
In the life of your church
In the life of your community
In the life of your nation

Also on the last day of every month, I ask you to join me as I fast from food from 8am to 8pm, so that we can seek God.

I hope that you fully understand what I have shared. what Matters most is our closeness to God, not how many devotions we write or read, not how many sermons we listen to, but how much time we spend in the Father's presence.. Jesus said Learn of me.. he didn't say.. learn all about me. Friends whatever I share and whatever links there will be.. it must drive you to one place and one place alone and that is straight to the secret place of prayer, because it is there that we get our power. Isaiah 40:28-31

God bless you my friend

special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 9 Cleardot
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 9 Empty Re: special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals)

Post  Admin Wed 15 Feb 2012, 8:25 pm

Welcome to Simply Scripture
It is an honour to share about this passage of scripture. This is my favourite passage of all in the Bible.. here I have barely scratched the surface and I would invite you to go deeper not only with reading this passage but with God.

I hope you will be blessed and encouraged.

Before you start reading.. grab your Bible and make yourself something to drink and go on then.. get a cake.. make mine a doughnut.. covered with maple syrup.

Please share these messages with all your friends and contacts and click on the featured page link at the bottom.

Thanks

God bless you
Your friend
Keith

BECOMING MORE CHRISTLIKE
Philippians 3 (Amplified Bible)

7 But whatever former things I had that might have been gains to me, I have come to consider as [[a]one combined] loss for Christ's sake.

8 Yes, furthermore, I count everything as loss compared to the possession of the priceless privilege (the overwhelming preciousness, the surpassing worth, and supreme advantage) of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord and of progressively becoming more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him [of perceiving and recognizing and understanding Him more fully and clearly]. For His sake I have lost everything and consider it all to be mere rubbish (refuse, dregs), in order that I may win (gain) Christ (the Anointed One),

9 And that I may [actually] be found and known as in Him, not having any [self-achieved] righteousness that can be called my own, based on my obedience to the Law's demands (ritualistic uprightness and supposed right standing with God thus acquired), but possessing that [genuine righteousness] which comes through faith in Christ (the Anointed One), the [truly] right standing with God, which comes from God by [saving] faith.

10 [For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection [[b]which it exerts over believers], and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed [in spirit into His likeness even] to His death, [in the hope].

11 That if possible I may attain to the [[c]spiritual and moral] resurrection [that lifts me] out from among the dead [even while in the body].

12 Not that I have now attained [this ideal], or have already been made perfect, but I press on to lay hold of (grasp) and make my own, that for which Christ Jesus (the Messiah) has laid hold of me and made me His own.
13 I do not consider, brethren, that I have captured and made it my own [yet]; but one thing I do [it is my one aspiration]: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead,

14 I press on toward the goal to win the [supreme and heavenly] prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward.

15 So let those [of us] who are spiritually mature and full-grown have this mind and hold these convictions; and if in any respect you have a different attitude of mind, God will make that clear to you also.

16 Only let us hold true to what we have already attained and walk and order our lives by that.

I approach this passage knowing that whatever is written here by me, will only scratch the surface of this amazing passage.. indeed this is the situation with every word of the Scriptures, you can only scratch the surface a little bit.. AMEN
Knowing this, I just offer these few thoughts to encourage and strengthen you in your walk with God.

As I looked into this wonderful passage, the Lord laid 5 words on my heart.

The first of these is:

INTENT

Paul sets out his stall so to speak, you are left in no doubt, what he is about and what he is going to do. He is unequivocal in what he is going to do, he is not caught between opinions.

Let's look at what he is going to do.

He is going to give up those things that are of no use to Him. He regards these things as total rubbish. Let me ask you what do you do with things that are rubbish? You throw them out to be disposed of.. they are of no further use to you? Have you thrown out the things believer, that you have no further use for..., such as your old habits and attitudes which are hindering your walk with Christ? vs 7-8.

He gives up his own righteousness, if anyone was a pure Jew it was Paul. He was soaked in the law, he knew it back to front and lived life in observance of the law.

Look at the first few verses of this chapter as Paul outlined his heritage. Paul was prepared to give it all up, whatever was in his past life, he gave up.

Verse 9. Being a christian is a relationship.. NOT A religion. Get rid believer of all the old rules and regulations that stop you from knowing God in all His fullness.

He intended to forget everything what had happened in the past, he knew that to look back to what had happened was no good. Yes we can reflect and learn from our past, but here Paul is saying, that he will not dwell on his past. vs 13
He intends to press on to obtain what God has called Him to.. note Paul says God is calling us upward verse 14. Yes God is calling us to heaven one day, but also God is calling us to a closer and deeper walk with Him.

What are you intending to do believer?. Are your intentions clear?
Are you prepared to give up things that are hindering your walk with your Lord?
Are you prepared to give up that sin or habit that hinders God blessing you?
Are you intending to know Christ in a deeper and fuller way... if so why not?
God wants you to make your intentions clear.. it is time to make your choice.

INTENSITY

As you read this passage and also the writings of Paul, as he was inspired by the HOLY SPIRIT, you cannot fail to be touched by His complete intensity. His passion for Christ is just so incredible. Look at some of things he says in this passage:

Verse 8 stands out:

8 Yes, furthermore, I count everything as loss compared to the possession of thepriceless privilege (the overwhelming preciousness, the surpassing worth, and supreme advantage) of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord and of progressively becoming more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him [of perceiving and recognizing and understanding Him more fully and clearly]. For His sake I have lost everythingand consider it all to be mere rubbish (refuse, dregs), in order that I may win (gain) Christ (the Anointed One).

Paul says that knowing Jesus is overwhelming precious, that it surpasses all worth and is of supreme advantage. What a total intensity Paul describes, Jesus is above worth to Him.
Is Jesus above worth to you?
Is knowing HIM the greatest privilege in your life?

If he isn't then you need to ask if your faith is real?

INTIMACY

10 [For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection [[b]which it exerts over believers], and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed [in spirit into His likeness even] to His death, [in the hope].

Complete and total intimacy with Christ is the total desire of Paul and he will let nothing get in his way.

Note that this is a progressive thing, this is not a once for all experience. You grow into a relationship with Christ. In verse 10, Paul wants to know Christ Jesus and the wonders of His person more and more strongly and this means sacrifice on his part.
Do you know Jesus in a deeper and fuller way than you did, one year ago?. Not do you know more of the bible or church procedure? Do you know Jesus more deeply and know His touch upon your life?

IDENTIFICATION

VERSE 10 (King James)

10 That I may know him, and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being made conformable unto His death;

The Resurrection of Jesus was the most dynamic event of History, the awesome power of God was shown to the world. Paul wants to know the same power in his life that exploded within the tomb on that resurrection morning. He wants to know thefull power of God that was unleashed.. do you want to know the same power unleashed within your life?

He also wanted to know the fellowship of his sufferings, Paul wanted to be identified with the sufferings and death of the Lord Jesus. It must be the heart cry of every believer, to not only Know Christ, but to go through what Jesus went through. How can we do this?

We have to literally die to self and sin through putting God on the throne of our life and crucifying sin and their selfish lusts daily.

Galatians 2 (Amplified Bible)

20 I have been crucified with Christ [in Him I have shared His crucifixion]; it is no longer I who live, but Christ (the Messiah) lives in me; and the life I now live in the body I live by faith in (by adherence to and reliance on and complete trust in) the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

Galatians 5 (Amplified Bible)

16But I say, walk and live [habitually] in the [Holy] Spirit [responsive to and controlled and guided by the Spirit]; then you will certainly not gratify the cravings and desires of the flesh (of human nature without God).

By dying to self and sin, we are literally putting our own life on our personal cross, we are dealing with the flesh in a way that will truly destroy it, but this is a daily and ongoing process.

INSPIRATION

Well surely this life that Paul describes is for super saints, like Paul?
But in these last few verses, Paul although having stated his intentions, gives us real inspiration.
He says in these verses that he hasn't reached this target. Now if Paul hadn't reached this level, then I don't think we have.. AMEN.

This gives me real hope, Paul the man who was a giant in faith, is still striving to reach this goal. This to me is a complete inspiration, it motivates me and I like Paul, want to PRESS ON.

In verse 15, Paul says that those of the church, who have a different approach, will be corrected by God himself.
In closing my brothers and sisters, the higher we climb in our Christian walk, the less of self and sin there must be.
Are you prepared to live at high altitude and to know Christ above everything else, like Paul was?

OH TO KNOW CHRIST IN THIS WAY.. ARE THESE VERSES THE DEEPEST CRY OF YOUR HEART?
What a passage this is..AMEN.

GOD BLESS YOU

Keith

Featured Website
Please click the link below and view this ministry
http://bethelharvest.weebly.com/

Special Song
I hope you enjoy this song.. please sing along
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQRYAML0j_8

Special new feature
Every week, there will be a sermon to encourage and stir you. I hope you will be blessed. Let us start with the Man who really touched my life as a young believer. Dr Stephen Olford
http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/encounter-olford-ministries/player/the-secret-of-strength-257985.html
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 04 Feb 2012, 10:39 pm

"Jesus In His Own Words"
"I Am The True Vine"
TEXT: John 15:1-11
Jesus is the Son of God.
The Vine = Jesus
The Vinedresser = God
The Branch = We are
Two Main Truths:
The importance of "remaining" in Jesus the Vine
The importance of bearing much fruit

The importance of "remaining" in Jesus the vine
John 15:4-10

Why did Jesus place such a strong emphasis on
remaining connected to Him?

~ Because Jesus knew the need from personal experience
Mark 1:35 Matthew 14:23 Luke 5:15,16 Luke 6:12
~Because Jesus is the vine - He's the only source of our life.
~Because, w/o Jesus we are nothing & can do nothing
~Because NOT remaining in Jesus means that I run the risk of becoming a withered branch that is cut off & thrown into the fire & burnt uup

How Do I Remain In Jesus?

1. By taking the Word in
John 15:7
...we have a significant, meaningful prayer life
...we read His Word on a continual, regular basis
...we participate in a LIFE Group
...we are involved in a personal Bible study
...we memorize His Word
...we allow His Word to change our lives

2. By living the Word out

...by loving others in Jesus' name
...by serving others in the world in Jesus' name.
...by looking for ways to meet others needs
...by loving our enemies in Jesus' name.

When We Remain in Jesus, A # of things Happen

We make Jesus look good wherever we show up
We become like Him in our behavior, in our speaking, in our attitudes
We will have a sense of peace & serenity in spite of our circumstances. Matthew 6:19
The importance of bearing fruit

John 15:1,2

This is tough economic times. How tight are you w/Jesus? God is concernied about our productivity.

4 different types of branches:
"...bears no fruit..." V 2,
"...does bear fruit..." V 2,
"...even more fruitful..." V 2
"...bear much fruit..." V 5

What Fruit is Jesus Talking About?

The fruit of holiness

The fruit of Godly character
Galatians 5:22,23

The fruit of a changed life

The fruit of loving others
John 15:12, 17

The fruit of spreading the Good news

Are we taking the Word in on a daily basis? How's your fruit? God cares about the fruit we produce. He wants our attention
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 01 Feb 2012, 2:24 pm

It is with great joy that I greet you from Morecambe, Lancashire in the UK.

What a joy it is, to share with you again, and to give you, what the Lord, has shared with me through His Holy Spirit, as He has opened up the word of God (His Word) to me. I would encourage you to read and study the word of God, it is your own personal gold mine.

Please share these messages with all your friends and contacts and also click on the featured page links at the bottom of this message .

Thanks
God bless you
Keith

DO NOT REPAY EVIL WITH EVIL
These thoughts the Lord has laid on my heart and I sincerely hope that they encourage you to grow in your walk of faith with the Father.

The Lord wants us to look at some verses regarding how we react to the evil in the world and the evil that is sometimes done to us. How do we react to it?

There are three key verses in Chapter 12 of Romans that we are going to use as our texts.

The First one is :

9 Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

The Love talked about here is the agape Love of the Father. This should characterise the Christian. This means that we will love without hypocrisy and not from behind a mask. A great verse about this is 1 Timothy 1:5.

5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned.

Because we are walking in that agape Love, we run away from evil. To abhor something means to treat it with disgust. Let me ask you a question? Do you think gossip or backbiting is evil?. When this happens in your church, do you run towards it and join in.. or do you seek to get as far away as you can from it? Do you abhor sin in all it's forms. True and pure agape Love does. C/f Ephesians 5:12.

Agape Love cleaves to things that are pure and good. In Philippians 4, Paul gives us a list of all those things we must cling to, we must hold onto these things with all our might.

8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Let us not just hate the evil in the world, there is much of that, but let us draw near unto our Father. Let us concentrate on the good things of God, let us draw near to Him and worship Him.

The second Verse in Romans 12, is verse 17:

17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.

These last 5 verses of this chapter are truly awesome. Paul here is saying to the believer in verse 17. Do not give back to the person who is doing you wrong, what he/she has given to you. We wear our "What would Jesus do" badges, well here is what Jesus would do.

He showed that true Agape love to people on the cross. The greatest example of Agape Love ever .

If we render evil for evil, we are playing the Devil's game and using the world's method of revenge and not trusting our heavenly Father to deal with the situation.

Do we really think our All- seeing Father misses anything?. Do we doubt His power to deal with any situation? If we deal with a situation by ourselves, we are saying that God is not big enough or doesn't care enough for us, that is disobedience brethren and outright rebellion.

The last verse in this Chapter is:

21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

How many times has a really bad situation been transformed by the calm spirit filled agape love reaction of a believer? As the believer acts in love, evil can be overcome and love and peace can and will prevail.

We sometimes underestimate the power of true agape love in a situation.

On numerous testimonies you hear this, ' I really hurt this believer and pushed him/her to his limits, I was really awful to him/her.. but they just loved me'. I wonder if this has been your experience, I know it was mine and brought me to faith in Christ.

Let me share my testimony.

At age 15 and completely out of control, I was put in a new class at school.. in the class was a Christian who showed me Jesus, by his daily life.. not reacting, when I was horrible to him.. and Boy was I horrible ( the person.. who is still a dear friend, and is reading this right now and mate, I just wish to thank you from the bottom of my heart).

He didn't just tell me about Jesus through words, he showed me Jesus by his daily walk. People are watching you all the time, how you react, what you say and especially how you say things.

You see true agape love breaks down the greatest barriers, because people have no answer to it.. it is supernatural.. it comes direct from the Father. The world cannot handle it, because it is the opposite of everything the world represents.

Think of Paul.. he was battle hardened to the things of the Lord, but Stephen's testimony, touched Paul. We need to realise that every little act of love has an effect on people, however far away they seem from God. The Holy Spirit.. will use your agape acts of Love.. so be not weary in well doing.. and leave the rest up to God.

Paul is really saying here, 'Turn every bad situation into your advantage and the dynamic tool we use is the pure agape love of the Father. It is shed abroad in our hearts. It is up to us to develop that Love by spending lots of time in His presence.

We talk of some people being 'love gods', but we know the 'God Of Love!. Let us pour the agape love of God into every situation.

Please read

Ephesians 4:29-32
Matthew 5 :39-48
Acts 7:54-60
Romans Chapter 12
2 Cor 13:7
1 Peter3:9
Revelation 2:2

Amen

God Bless you
Keith

Featured Website
Please pray for and support if the Lord leads, the ministry of reaching out to London.
http://www.lcm.org.uk/

Special Song
I hope you like this beautiful song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3mIr5uTzWM&feature=related
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 25 Jan 2012, 5:39 pm

What a joy it is to share with you once again, as we study these wonderful chapters of God's precious word. I have only just scratched the surface, so please study these chapters further and continue to seek God.

Please pass on these messages to all your friends and contacts and let's reach every country in the world with these messages.

Thanks and God bless you

Keith

SIN HINDERING YOUR WALK WITH GOD

Joshua Chapters 7 and 8

Grab your bible and a cup of tea, coffee etc and let's study this passage.

Please read Joshua 6:18-19 and see what God commanded the children of Israel not to do

This is one of my favourite passage's of scripture. Joshua and the children of Israel, had won an astonishing victory at Jericho. They had achieved something, that was mind blowing. They had achieved this through believing what God had told them.. Amen.

But as we read in Joshua 6:18-19, God had commanded them not to take of the plunder of the city. But what did they do?

This really speaks to me, of their lack of faith in the provision of God. God wants to provide for our needs Himself, he is a jealous God and he is able to provide all our needs.. amen. That is if only we would let Him.

We want to do it ourselves at times, and when we do, we end up with second best and not God's best.. Amen?

Matthew Henry comments on Joshua Chapter 7:1-5

Achan took some of the spoil of Jericho. The love of the world is that root of bitterness, which of all others is most hardly rooted up. We should take heed of sin ourselves, lest by it many be defiled or disquieted, Hebrews 12:15; and take heed of having fellowship with sinners, lest we share their guilt. It concerns us to watch over one another to prevent sin, because others' sins may be to our damage. The easy conquest of Jericho excited contempt of the enemy, and a disposition to expect the Lord to do all for them without their using proper means. Thus men abuse the doctrines of Divine grace, and the promises of God, into excuses for their own sloth and self-indulgence. We are to work out our own salvation, though it is God that works in us. It was a dear victory to the Canaanites, whereby Israel was awakened and reformed, and reconciled to their God, and the people of Canaan hardened to their own ruin.

Let me share, what God has shown me through this passage.

Chapter 7:1

When we sin and disobey, the direct command of the Lord, his anger is kindled against us. Do you think Christian, that you can sin and still remain in fellowship with God? He will not tolerate sin in any shape or form, whether this is stealing a small thing.. like Achan did or thinking wrong thoughts. God sees your motives, your attitudes and your heart, you cannot hide anything from God.

Chapter 7:2-3

Off went the men to view Ai. and they came back really confident. But we do not read that Joshua spent anytime at all, asking for God's blessing on this venture. How often do we as individuals and churches, rush into some venture, without even asking the Lord. Without HIM, we can do nothing. Without His precious anointing, we are helpless..DO I HEAR AN AMEN?

Chapter 7:10-11

I love these verses. God has heard the cries of the children of Israel about their defeat at Ai. Just imagine, one little defeat and look at the children of Israel in the preceding verses. they are virtually tearing their hair out and having such an inquest over what happened. But they knew why this happened and so do we when defeat hits our lives. It is because there is sin in the camp.

The Lord shared this with me, this comes directly from the heart of God to His church.

'When we should be on our faces in repentance, we are on our feet in pride and when we should be walking in confidence before God, we are on our faces in despair'

In verse 11, it says that the children of Israel have broken the covenant between themselves and God and so it is when we sin. Let us see sin as it is, sin brings separation, even for a believer. God will not look on sin in a believer's life, never mind tolerate it...Amen

Chapter 7:12-13

This is what happens to believers/churches that tolerate and have sin in their midst.The anointing of God, leaves them. Just like it did Samson. They reach out, they preach, they share, but the Spirit of the Lord has departed. How can the Holy Spirit, who is totally pure, live in a believer or church who is actively practising sin? It is impossible my brothers and sisters, you cannot live in the fullness of the Holy Spirit and in sin. You have to make a choice.

Clear instructions were given to Joshua, the small word UP., stands out. It is a call to action, not just for Joshua's day, but for today's church, once the Holy Spirit, has shown us sin. Then we are to get up and go to one place and that is the foot of the cross and confess it. 1 John 1:7-9 and Psalms 32 and 51.

When God says 'get up' to Joshua. He is saying, whatever are you doing down there Joshua. Likewise with us. Joshua was in the right position at the wrong time, maybe if he had been on his face in prayer before he sent the men to Ai, there wouldn't of been men lost. We sin and then come to God asking for forgiveness, when we needed to come to God asking for strength, not to commit that sin.. Amen. If he had prayed to God and asked His counsel, before he sent the men to Ai, the Lord would of shared with Him, what was wrong within the camp.

Chapter 7:14-17

When sin is evident, within a church fellowship. There must be action taken. This needs to be systematic and means identifying the root cause of Sin. Joshua had to question many people, who were innocent. But I am sure, that this was done, to show the children of Israel the seriousness of the sin that had been committed.

When Sin, happens in a believer's life. He/she must examine each and every area of their lives, to identify the root cause and to confess it, at the foot of the cross.

Remember, what it says in Galatians 5:9

9A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

Chapter 7:18-23

The only good thing you can say about Achan is that when he has confronted with this sin, he confessed it immediately. Let me ask you something that the Lord has just shared with me and it relates to the answer given by Achan in Verse 21.

Is there anything hid in the midst of your tent (your life), that needs to be dug up and dealt with? Have you got something, that no one knows about, but is hindering your walk with God and allowing the devil to keep you in defeat. It is an accursed thing and needs to be dealt with and destroyed. Maybe it has been hid for many many years, no one knows about it.. But God does and he wants you and is asking you to destroy it.. NOW!

On this issue, I speak to myself, as over the years, I have struggled with this. All of God's saints struggled.. look at the Apostle Paul in Chapter 7 of Romans for an example. But their defining experience and it will be mine also is Philippians 3:7-15.. AMEN!

Chapter 7:24-26

Achan was dealt with in the harshest way possible. Now I am not saying that we should do this in the present day. But we must be ruthless towards sin. We are told to be crucified with Christ, we are told to put the flesh to death daily. It must be buried under a great heap of stones. We must be as ruthless to our flesh, as the children of Israel were to Achan.. Amen.

Chapter 8

A great victory was won but more important than that , restoration happened between God and his people , because sin was dealt with in a ruthless way.

May we individually and as a church, deal with sin, in a ruthless way. Confess it and be restored believer and receive the blessing of the LORD.

There is hope though, the following comes from My wonderful Pastor, Mark who ended his excellent sermon on this passage by saying this.

Even though this is a story of judgment, it is also a proclamation of hope. The Valley of Achor (a place of trouble) is a foreshadowing of the cross. In taking the punishment for our sin, Jesus went down into that dark valley of judgment and died in our place. God has provided a means by which this dark, hopeless place can become a path toward peace and restoration. God turned the cross of Calvary, a place of unbelievable "trouble," into a place of hope. Way back in Hosea 2:14 God promised, "I will make the Valley of Achor a door of hope." In Isaiah 65:10 He said, "The Valley of Achor will become a resting place for My people who seek Me."And in sending Jesus that is what He has done. Even the valley of trouble can become the door to hope.

God Bless you

Keith

Featured website
For all you teens and youth leaders. Here is a wonderful resource

http://www.battlecry.com/
Special Song
Here is a wonderful worship song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOQlDmDVENc
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 19 Jan 2012, 9:48 pm

It is so wonderful to share with you once again. Please get yourself comfortable with a cup of tea/coffee and a cake and grab your Bible.

Please share this message with all your friends and click on the featured page link at the bottom of this mail.

Thanks

Keith

Dear Friends

The Lord has laid this message on my heart , and I felt a strong urge in my spirit, that I was to share this with you. The Lord obviously wants people to hear this and so I share this and ask for the Holy Spirit's anointing as it goes out. Amen!

The Lord has put three things on my heart to share with you, concerning the words 'ONE THING'.

What is the one thing you desire? Let us look at three of the greatest believers who ever lived and see what their one wish was.

We will learn from these great men of God how to deal with your past, how to live in the present and how to look forward to your future.

GOD'S DESIRE FOR US
Paul
Philippians 3

13 I do not consider, brethren, that I have captured and made it my own [yet]; but one thing I do [it is my one aspiration]: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead,

Paul's greatest desire was to know Christ and Him Crucified and to also know the power of the resurrection of Jesus. In his great testimony in this chapter, Paul pours out his heart, about knowing Christ in a way that is so deep and powerful.

To achieve this goal, he has to do one thing and that is to forget all that has gone before, all the past failures, everything that had happened in the past had to go.

We also need to have the mindset of letting all our past go , because only then can we go forward.

The Lord says to His church, how can you walk forward in victory, when you are looking back, have you ever tried to walk forward whilst looking behind you?

Remember the words of Jesus.. no man who has put his hand to the plough and then looks back is worthy of the kingdom of God. Luke 9:57-62

The Lord says we have too many pillars of salt in the church, people who are like Lot's wife, those who have trusted Christ and then looked back. The urge from Lot's wife to look back was because of a deep longing and yearning. Are you looking back over your shoulder yearning for your past life?

David

Psalm 27

4 One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek, inquire for, and [insistently] require: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord [in His presence] all the days of my life, to behold and gaze upon the beauty [the sweet attractiveness and the delightful loveliness] of the Lord and to meditate, consider, and inquire in His temple.

David was the greatest king of Israel, he was the man who had a true heart and he had riches, glory and honour. But his one and only desire, was to be in the presence of God. God truly desires a people, who will seek him, and rest in His presence. Jeremiah 33:1-3 & Psalm 91:1-2

Like David we are to seek God. Paul was talking about what to do with your past. David says that in our present situation, we are to seek God.

This is the greatest need of the Christian today, he/she needs to spend more time in the Father's presence. People ask, how do you become like Jesus?. Well you earnestly seek Him.

To seek in this verse means to search, it means to run after to desire. Is it our only desire to seek after God? It was David's and it must be ours too. I challenge you to seek God.. not just to just read a devotional for five minutes each morning.. but to spend time waiting on Him.. to talk to Him as your best friend.

Another challenge is to cut down on your TV.. for all those who watch soaps/sports etc.. and then worry why their Christian lives have no power. It's time to seek the Lord, church!

Peter

2 Peter 3
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Paul has talked about the past. David has talked about the present. Now Peter is looking forward to the glorious day when Jesus comes again.

In this chapter, he says that mockers and scoffers will come saying that Jesus won't come, but we can be sure of this one thing, because God is a promise keeping God.

You know we need to be constantly scanning the skies with the greatest anticipation in the world, every day is one day closer to the coming of our Lord. I think the coming of Jesus is something to get excited about.. Amen

It is nearly time to go home my friends.. time to look into our Saviour's face. Let's get excited about something that is truly worth shouting about.

Are you looking forward to that day, when the clouds will open and all mankind will see Jesus? It's coming.. we will go to meet our Saviour in the air and be with HIM forever and forever. I know that I long for that day.

This is what the Lord wants his Church to focus on:-

Forget the past
Seek the Lord
Look for His coming.
Don't look back, look to Jesus and look up.

Yours in His service

Keith

For further Study

Philippians 3:7-16
Psalm 27
Jeremiah chapter 33
James 4:7-9
2 Chronicles 7:14-16
1 Thess 4:16-18
Matthew 6:33
Hosea 10:12
Amos 5:4-14
1 Chronicles 16:11
Psalm 91
Luke 10:38-42

Featured Website
Please read about this wonderful Ministry
http://gloryministriesindia.webs.com/aboutus.htm

Special Song
This song says it all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F359YqwKyk4
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 12 Jan 2012, 3:23 pm

Hello Everyone.. it is an amazing privilege to be able to share with you again. Please grab your Bible, make yourself a cup of tea or coffee and yes get yourself a piece of cake!!!

Please click on the featured page links at the bottom of this message and also pass this message onto all your friends.

God bless you

Keith

Epaphras

Colossians 1

7 You so learned it from Epaphras, our beloved fellow servant. He is a faithful minister of Christ in our stead and as our representative and yours.

8 Also he has informed us of your love in the [Holy] Spirit.

Colossians 4

12 Epaphras, who is one of yourselves, a servant of Christ Jesus, sends you greetings. [He is] always striving for you earnestly in his prayers, [pleading] that you may [as persons of ripe character and clear conviction] stand firm and mature [in spiritual growth], convinced and fully assured in [b]everything willed by God.

13 For I bear him testimony that he has labored hard in your behalf and for [the believers] in Laodicea and those in Hierapolis.

The Lord told me to share about this man during evening service at my home church, I was listening Pastor Mark.. honest!!!.

We are going to look at three aspects of His life:

WHO HE WAS
WHAT HE DID
WHY HE DID IT.

Let us look at the first of these.

Are you fascinated why in the New testament, the Apostle Paul tells us about some of his co-workers. I think that it is an indication of how valuable these people were to Him and his ministry, but most importantly to God.

So who was Epaphras

Well he was probably the founder of this church here at Colossae, but he was much more than that , as it says certain things about Him in the first Chapter of Colossians.

Who he was

He was beloved verse 7. Believer you are loved beyond measure, Not just by the Lord, if that isn't enough but by your fellow believers.

He was a servant verse 7 Jesus said that the greatest among you, must be your servant. Do you my dear brother in Christ, have a servant's heart and do you serve without question your fellow believers?

He was Faithful. Verse 7. Probably this man started out in quite a lowly position, but he was faithful in those little things. If you want to be trusted in the big things, you must be faithful in the little things. Such as, do you keep your word? Do you say you will be somewhere and then don't turn up?

He could be trusted Verse 7 Paul trusted this man completely and utterly. Tell me would your pastor, be able to trust you in a role like this?

He told the truth of the Gospel see Verse 6 This man taught the gospel as outlined in verse 6, he did not compromise it.

He spoke of the Grace of God see Verse 6 It says that the gospel came to this church clearly and in truth. This man who founded the church, spoke the gospel in power and gave all the glory to the Lord.

Secondly

What he did

I just love verse 8.

He gave Paul a good report on the believers in this place, he did not tell bad things to the apostle, he told of their love in the Spirit. I wonder if you had to say one thing about your church, what would it be? Would you give a good report?

In Philemon 23, it states that this man was a fellow prisoner of Paul in Rome and yet he was passionate about these churches. He was in real pain for these churches. It says that he wrestled in prayer for them.

I would think that he prayed Ephesians 3:14-21 over them and spent many many hours, even sleepless nights bringing them before the throne of grace. Wow! what an example, this is true prayer my brothers, he went through real agony on their behalf, such passion and fervour. Colossians 4:12.

Praying for our brothers and sisters, does not mean you say a few words like Bless that church or that person.. We have to agonise in prayer.. we want to be like Jesus in prayer.. let me ask you do you sweat drops of blood or stay up all night like Jesus did?.. I know Epaphras did.

Paul is in admiration of Epaphras, what a testimonial Paul gives Him in verse 13. If someone was watching you every day, what would they say of you? Actually the report given by Epaphras in Verse 8 of Chapter 1, enabled Paul to pray like he did in verses 9-14.

Thirdly

Why he did it

So why did Epaphras do it? He was locked up and he could of forget them completely, after all they were not his responsibility any more.

Firstly it was driven by love, he was a man of love. He totally loved these believers, that my friend was his motivation, it drove everything he did.

Secondly, he wanted them to fully know Christ in every way. He wanted this church to understand the power of God in their lives. He wanted this church to have the power of the Holy Spirit in their lives. He wanted them to be totally and utterly set apart for God.

Epaphras is a model for us today, a man of prayer, a man of passion and a man of love.

I hope you are blessed as you read what the Lord has laid on my heart

We certainly need more like this man in the church today.. Amen?

Are you willing to be an Epaphras?

God bless you

Keith

Featured Website

Please read about the persecuted Church
http://www.compassdirect.org/

Special Song
Please Listen to this beautiful song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW5S8Xm-GkA&feature=related
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 19 Apr 2011, 9:43 pm

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

JESUS IS ALIVE

This is the second special Noonday. I hope you are blessed by it and that you share it with all your friends and contacts.

Please take time to view the featured page links at the bottom of this message

Jesus is alive and he lives in the hearts of His people.. AMEN

Does He live in yours?

God bless you and thanks for taking time to read this message

Keith

Matthew 28

6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.

What an awesome invitation!

To everyone who comes to the tombs of all the great leaders and philosophers of history, you will find their bones and lots of pilgrims who come to view the bones and memorials to their leaders etc.

But in the case of Jesus, it is different!!!!!. Outside the tomb of Jesus, is a sign that says ' he is not here..HE IS ALIVE'

The difference between Christianity and every other faith, is that we worship and treasure someone who is NOT DEAD. He rose from the grave.. indeed he did more than rise from the grave.. he destroyed and defeated death itself. Death indeed is the final frontier for us, but Jesus has been there and it has no power over HIM and likewise over men and women who trust in the risen Saviour.

Paul says that if Jesus hasn't risen from the dead, then the faith of the Christian is in vain... really he is saying that if Jesus hasn't risen from the dead then what the Christian believes is total nonsense.

But Jesus has risen and lives in the hearts of everyone of his believing people today.. amen

Paul puts it eloquently In 1 Corinthians 15

55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

Have you ever been stung? By a wasp or nettle.. I certainly have and it is painful. But through the Resurrection, Jesus has taken the sting and pain out of death and sin. Death for the Christian is not the end.. it is only the start.. it is the entrance into fellowship for eternity with Jesus and his Father.. amen

Our text says Come and see. Today the invitation is still the same.

I leave the final word to my brother Matthew Henry, and his comments

Sin gives death all its hurtful power. The sting of death is sin; but Christ, by dying, has taken out this sting; he has made atonement for sin, he has obtained remission of it. The strength of sin is the law. None can answer its demands, endure its curse, or do away his own transgressions. Hence terror and anguish. And hence death is terrible to the unbelieving and the impenitent. Death may seize a believer, but it cannot hold him in its power.

JESUS IS ALIVE

God Bless you

Keith

Special Poems

Three Hours of Darkness

When upon the Cross of Calvary, great darkness fell for all to see,
For three hours upon the land, a darkness many didn’t understand,
That time after Christ was crucified, the time He suffered and died,
A time filled with silence too, when Christ had died for me and you.

Darkness surrounded His death, as He approached His last breath,
Darkness on the land was unfurled, around The Light of The World.
Silence fell on the mocking crowd, whose evil shout was very loud,
As the light scattered the darkness, hearts again, showed hardness.

Upon Christ God placed on Him, the darkened iniquity of man’s sin,
Made to be sin for Adam’s race, upon that cross He took our place,
And God couldn’t look and see, that sin Christ bore for you and me,
So through that dark span of time, God the Father had turned aside.

As Christ was on that bloody stake, the Son, the Father did forsake,
He gave His spirit, at His last breath, to His Father, as He saw death,
The earth quaked, opening graves, and bodies of saints were raised,
And as that Temple Curtain torn, the Age of Grace by God was born.

A soldier with sword and rod, said “surely that was The Son of God.”
The Son of God for all sinners lost, was taken down from the cross,
Thinking of that cross, we must recall, the Lamb of God died for all,
He died upon a bloody stake, so His Resurrection we could partake.

(Copyright ©04/2009 Bob Gotti)

The Tomb Is Empty

Face it friend, the tomb is empty; death couldn’t hold Christ, you see,
Although He died for you and me, He’s now on the Throne of Eternity.
The stone, covering where Christ lay, by God’s hand, was rolled away.
In that tomb where Christ was laid, only Christ’s grave clothes stayed,
There He stood, in a body Glorified, Jesus Christ, who bled and died.

Mary was the first one to that tomb, bearing a heart filled with gloom,
She assumed the body was taken, but she would be gladly mistaken,
For, with her heavy heart that day, she would soon hear an angel say,
You will not find Christ Jesus dead, for He rose just like He had said.
She left to tell others not to grieve, for The Lord, they too would see.

Now Mary filled with a joyful heart, from an empty tomb would depart,
Filled with wonder she ran to those, other disciples, to say Christ rose.
Peter began running fast ahead; as they had thought Christ was dead,
Now he ran with much anticipation, enthused by a brand new situation,
Looking inside he just saw clothes, for from the grave Christ had rose.

But all hearts stayed, like the tomb, until Christ entered into that room,
Showing them His hands and side, proving He was The One who died.
Christ would stay for forty days, filling their hearts with joy and praise,
Filing them with His Hope and victory, that will last through all eternity,
Where they shall remain forevermore, with their Savior, Christ our Lord.

(Copyright ©04/2007 Bob Gotti)

Featured Page link

Please read this beautiful page on the Resurrection of Jesus

http://www.av1611.org/resur.html

My website

Pleas read the Page Jesus is alive.. it has a beautiful article written from the viewpoint of Nicodemus

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/index.php?p=1_4_Jesus-is-Alive

Special Song

Please sing along and praise God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3StQfGXwKQ0
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 14 Apr 2011, 10:07 am

Welcome to the first of two special Noonday Devotions.

THE CROSS OF CHRIST

Hello Everyone

The cross of Christ is the defining point of human history, because it changes everything.. or to put it better.. it changes lives.. Amen.

The cross is the only place where man can come back to God, because of the man on the cross and His sacrifice. That man is Jesus, who although He is and always will be fully God, took upon Himself the form of an obedient servant and became sin for us Phil 2:5-11.

We are saved solely on the basis of the finished work of Jesus on the cross. It was the place where God's grace, mercy, justice and holiness, all came together. grace and Mercy to us, of course, but because Jesus took upon Himself the sin of the world, God the father, had to turn away His face from His own son.. truly He WAS bruised for our transgressions. Please read Isaiah Chapter 53

For the believer, it is a glorious place, a place of repentance first and foremost.. amen

I hope that if you haven't ever been to Calvary and seen the blessed Saviour torn apart for us, He died to save you. Then you would consider Jesus.. the only option He leaves us is to bow in repentance and faith and offer our lives back to Him as a living sacrifice. Romans 12:2

Please read the links at the bottom of this message. Please feel free to share this message.

God bless you my dear friends

Keith

Devotion 1

John 19

30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, He said, It is finished: and he bowed His head, and gave up the ghost.

This is my favourite time of the year. Not just because spring is here, but because we can celebrate.. yes celebrate the death of Jesus and His Resurrection from the Dead.

These three small words in the verse above are some of the most awesome words ever spoken.

They signify something absolutely extraordinary, something that defies description.
They were the final words of Jesus on the cross and they weren't words of despair.
They were the words of Victory, words of power and words that set many free. They signify the death nail for sin, death and satan. The final nail had not been put in Jesus.. it had been put into the devil and all his works.

I just love Colossians 2:11-15, Jesus had made a public exhibition of all the power of sin and death.

11In Him also you were circumcised with a circumcision not made with hands, but in a [spiritual] circumcision [performed by] Christ by stripping off the body of the flesh (the whole corrupt, carnal nature with its passions and lusts).

12[Thus [g] you were circumcised when] you were buried with Him in [your] baptism, in which you were also raised with Him [[h]to a new life] through [your] faith in the working of God [[i]as displayed] when He raised Him up from the dead.

13And you who were dead in trespasses and in the uncircumcision of your flesh (your sensuality, your sinful carnal nature), [God] brought to life together with [Christ], having [freely] forgiven us all our transgressions,

14Having cancelled and blotted out and wiped away the handwriting of the note (bond) with its legal decrees and demands which was in force and stood against us (hostile to us). This [note with its regulations, decrees, and demands] He set aside and cleared [j]completely out of our way by nailing it to [His] cross.

15[God] disarmed the principalities and powers that were ranged against us and made a bold display and public example of them, in triumphing over them in Him and in it [the cross]

The power of Sin and the devil, weren't just broken at the cross, they were totally smashed.. in the smallest pieces ever. They were/are unable to be pieced back together.

The bridge had been built. Sinful men could now approach a Holy God, because it was finished. The supreme work of redemption had been done.. The Perfect Lamb had been slain.. God the Father was satisfied... Jesus had acted as our substitute.

Let me share one more thing.. During the time of Darkness over the earth.. that three hours.. God poured out his anger.. his righteous anger on His beloved Son.. all Of God's anger was poured out upon Jesus.. and this was destined for us . That is God's mercy.. not giving us, what we deserve. But giving us grace...giving us what we don't deserve.. amen

The Cross of Calvary is and always will be the place of Greatest mercy.. it is where God showed mercy in abundance to unworthy sinners, but to do that , it had to be the place where God was merciless to His own Beloved Son. I cannot imagine the heart of God at this time, what Jesus went through for us, was totally amazing and just beyond words, but He had to face separation from His Father and the full force of God's righteous anger.. which we should have had and which we deserved.

I love the verses in Hebrews 10

19Therefore, brethren, since we have full freedom and confidence to enter into the [Holy of] Holies [by the power and virtue] in the blood of Jesus,

20By this fresh (new) and living way which He initiated and dedicated and opened for us through the separating curtain (veil of the Holy of Holies), that is, through His flesh,

21And since we have [such] a great and wonderful and noble Priest [Who rules] over the house of God,

22Let us all come forward and draw near with true (honest and sincere) hearts in unqualified assurance and absolute conviction engendered by faith (by [b]that leaning of the entire human personality on God in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness), having our hearts sprinkled and purified from a guilty (evil) conscience and our bodies cleansed with pure water.

A perfect and pure sacrifice was needed.. Just like the ram in Genesis 22.. one was provided.. Jesus.. God's precious Son.. It cost Jesus his life and broke the heart of His Father.. but they were prepared to do it for us.

Believer in light of this sacrifice, mine and your only response is to bow and weep and offer our lives as a living sacrifice to God.. amen?
If it isn't then you need to re-assess your so called Christianity and repent?

God Bless you

Keith

Special Poems

What A Friend We Have In Jesus

What a friend believers have in Jesus, yes what a friend forevermore,
What a friend you'd have in Jesus, indeed my friend He's at the door.
He's a friend so kind and loving; is the one thing I must underscore,
For He's a friend unlike any other, for His love will forever endure.
What other friend would suffer and die a wicked death upon a tree,
His death was more than just an effort to be a friend for eternity.
Through His death He cleansed my soul and forever He set me free,
Free to have His friendship now and be with Him through all eternity.
He's a friend, who's always at my side with a faithful helping hand,
And His loving friendship never wavers in this troubled weary land.
He is The Eternal Rock of Ages, when I find myself in shifting sand,
And when I lose my footing, He firmly holds me and helps me stand.
Not even knowing why or when, He sought me out to be my friend,
He's unlike any other friend; He promised to be with me to the end.
Not only my sin would He cleanse, as my hurt He will heal and mend.
And so I wouldn't stray again, I have The Spirit He promised to send.
In a trial I'm not denied, He says let's reason together, you and I,
So with a heavy heart I can not hide, I enter His Throne up on High.
God's Grace, is the reason why, through His blood I am not denied,
And because of His love I can't deny, that I am His and He is mine.

(Copyright ©06/2003 Bob Gotti)

Reconciling All The World

He had come in the fullness of time, the little baby pure and sublime,
Sent to this earth by The Father’s will, to be born in the land of Israel,
He was the promised Anointed One, God’s one and only Eternal Son,
And before this baby even came, Joseph was given the child’s name,
Mary’s child, Spirit conceived within, would save His people from sin.

So that child was named Jesus, and Immanuel, meaning God with us.
Generations will call Mary blessed; as He was the Son of the Highest,
Spoken by the prophets of old, this child, nations would now behold,
A prophet was sent to Israel to tell, God will be with them in Immanuel,
That message today, is better for us, when we believe in Christ Jesus.

Not only does He forgive us of our sin, but, Christ will also live within,
God with all believers, will reside, through Christ’s Spirit, living inside,
In the heart of mortal men of dust, when in The Lord, we put our trust,
Sealed by His Spirit when we believe, then Eternal Life we will receive,
As God makes us eternally whole, inside the heart of a believing soul.

Christ came not just for one nation, but to be all the world’s salvation,
First to Israel, Christ Jesus was sent, with John’s message, to repent,
But, his message was ignored, rejecting Jesus, as Messiah and Lord,
Now, reconciling all the world today, is The Christ, Israel turned away,
However, according to Zechariah, Israel shall accept Him as Messiah.

Then together we’ll believe as one, at the return of God’s Eternal Son.
When every single eye shall see, Believers reigning together eternally,
All the spiritual children of Abraham, blessed people from every land,
All coming together, in Jesus Christ, receiving from God, Eternal Life,
When this entire world is restored, under the Messiah, Christ our Lord.

(Copyright ©01/2010 Bob Gotti)

If you would like to receive Jesus as your own Personal Saviour. Please go to the site below and say the Prayer
http://www.soulwin.org/sinners-prayer-salvation-prayers.html

Featured Website

Please review the Evidence

http://www.jesustheevidence.com/index.html
My website

Here is even more evidence to Trust In Jesus. Also there is information on How to grow in your new found faith
http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/index.php?p=1_2_-Salvation-Focus
Special Song

Here is my favourite song.. I hope you can call him Blessed redeemer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzk0ygdAABM
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 11 Apr 2011, 12:33 pm

What an amazing joy to share with you once again. I hope you will pass on this message to all your friends.

Please click on the featured page link at the bottom of these messages.

Thanks and God bless

Keith

TRUST IN JESUS YOUR SAVIOUR

Luke 23

39One of the criminals who was suspended kept up a railing at Him, saying, Are You not the Christ (the Messiah)? Rescue Yourself and us [[m]from death]!
40But the other one reproved him, saying, Do you not even fear God, seeing you yourself are under the same sentence of condemnation and suffering the same penalty?
41And we indeed suffer it justly, receiving the due reward of our actions; but this Man has done nothing out of the way [nothing [n]strange or eccentric or perverse or unreasonable].
42Then he said to Jesus, Lord, remember me when You come in Your kingly glory!
43And He answered him, Truly I tell you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise.

Two of the characters of the scene at Calvary were the two thieves. The Romans carried out a large number of crucifixions, but these two men, were chosen to be crucified alongside the sinless Son of God, at the greatest event of history.. amen
In them, we can see the two responses to Jesus given by men through the ages. My friends, the responses given today are still the same.. you either accept Jesus or reject him, there is no middle ground.. amen

Let us look at these two thieves. I am going to spend longer looking at the second thief

The first thief

There are certain things that strike you about this man

He thought of Himself
He was an angry man
He thought of temporary things

Many people today are like this. I wonder if you are railing against God for your situation? Maybe you blame God for all the misfortune in your life.. I certainly hope not.

Let us look at the response of the second thief and how we should respond to Jesus

The Second thief

Hanging there on the cross, must have concentrated this man's mind on the man on the middle cross, who was like no one he had ever seen before. And this thief recognised certain things about Him, that led him to put his faith and trust in Him and we must recognise the same things.

He recognised God was someone to be feared vs 40

We must realise that God is holy.. he will not and cannot look upon sin. He is a consuming fire Hebrews 12:29
It was the holiness of God that had to be satisfied at Calvary. The unblemished Son of God was the perfect sacrifice that had to be offered. God's holiness demanded a perfected sacrifice for sin. God's anger at sin was poured out on His only Son at the cross. God the Father was merciless to His son at the cross, not because He didn't love Him, but because His Son was the scapegoat for sin and shouldered the burden for the sin of the whole world.

This is why we read in Isaiah 53

4Surely He has borne our griefs (sicknesses, weaknesses, and distresses) and carried our sorrows and pains [of punishment], yet we [ignorantly] considered Him stricken, smitten, and afflicted by God [as if with leprosy].
5But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our guilt and iniquities; the chastisement [needful to obtain] peace and well-being for us was upon Him, and with the stripes [that wounded] Him we are healed and made whole.
10Yet it was the will of the Lord to bruise Him; He has put Him to grief and made Him sick.

He recognised he was under the righteous judgment of God vs40-41

We all stand under God's judgment, because of Adam's sin, we are all infected by the stain of Sin. Man is under God's judgment, because of sin and his/her refusal to accept Jesus. No one is exempt from this judgement, The only way to escape this is to trust Jesus as Your Saviour.. amen

Romans 5
12Therefore, as sin came into the world through one man, and death as the result of sin, so death spread to all men, [[a]no one being able to stop it or to escape its power] because all men sinned.

He recognised God's Justice vs 41
He recognised His sin vs 41

Note that he took personal responsibility for his actions. He did not blame them on anyone else. We need as a first step to acknowledge our sin and accept that we are responsible for it.

He recognised that Jesus was Unique and sinless vs 41

Once we have recognised our sin before a Holy God, we must recognise that Jesus is the only perfect sacrifice for sin. He is the pure and unblemished Son of God, who has not even had one impure thought. He is completely sinless and perfect in thought, word and deed.. amen

The apostle Peter, who spent lots of time around Jesus , wrote these beautiful words

1 Peter 1

18You must know (recognize) that you were redeemed (ransomed) from the useless (fruitless) way of living inherited by tradition from [your] forefathers, not with corruptible things [such as] silver and gold,
19But [you were purchased] with the precious blood of Christ (the Messiah), like that of a [sacrificial] lamb without blemish or spot.

He acknowledged the Lordship of Christ

That one single word acknowledged, signified a lot. The second thief realised that Jesus was and is Lord of all.

In 1 Corinthians 12, we read these words.

3Therefore I want you to understand that no one speaking under the power and influence of the [Holy] Spirit of God can [ever] say, Jesus be cursed! And no one can [really] say, Jesus is [my] Lord, except by and under the power and influence of the Holy Spirit.

The truth of this is shown later by Paul in his epistle to the Romans in Chapter 10

9Because if you acknowledge and confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord and in your heart believe (adhere to, trust in, and rely on the truth) that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
10For with the heart a person believes (adheres to, trusts in, and relies on Christ) and so is justified (declared righteous, acceptable to God), and with the mouth he confesses (declares openly and speaks out freely his faith) and confirms [his] salvation.
11The Scripture says, No man who believes in Him [who adheres to, relies on, and trusts in Him] will [ever] be put to shame or be disappointed.

He asked that Jesus remembered Him

Matthew Henry states that
Observe his humility in this prayer. All that he requests is " Lord, remember me". All that he begs is, Lord, remember me, showing himself to Christ in a way that displays his humbleness.
Isn't this the plea of the true repentant sinner. Is this your plea? Full of humility and repentance. Even for the Christian, coming before the throne of grace for forgiveness , this should be his/her plea.

The response of Jesus
We are going to just look at the four P's in Verse 43
There was a Promise- Truly I tell you
There was a Person- You will be with me
There was a place- Paradise (heaven )
There is a permanence- Because Jesus is eternal.. amen
I wish to leave you with one last question. Which one of these men are you?
I am not saying any of you are thieves, but we are all sinners.. amen.
Jesus said nothing to the first thief, but to the second one He gave eternal life.
Why?

Because he acknowledged his sin and acknowledged the Lordship of Christ.
Also because he humbled himself and was prepared to Ask the Lord for it.. are you willing to humble yourself?

God bless
Keith

Featured Page link
Please read the stories of People transformed BY JESUS

http://word-of-hope.net/HTML/The%20testimony%20of%20Jesus%20impact%20on%20peoples%20%20lives.htm

My website
Please read the testimonies of people transformed by Jesus
http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/index.php?p=1_22_Transformed-Lives

Special Song
I hope you are blessed by this beautiful song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NqtgE22w58&feature=fvsr
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 02 Apr 2011, 11:50 pm

What a joy to share with you once again. It is my favourite time of year, spring is here.. at last.

I hope you are blessed by what I share with you and would share it with others.

Please click on the featured Page links at the bottom of these Messages.

Thanks

God bless you

Keith

I AM THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE

John 14

1DO NOT let your hearts be troubled (distressed, agitated). You believe in and adhere to and trust in and rely on God; believe in and adhere to and trust in and rely also on Me.
2In My Father's house there are many dwelling places (homes). If it were not so, I would have told you; for I am going away to prepare a place for you.
3 And when (if) I go and make ready a place for you, I will come back again and will take you to Myself, that where I am you may be also.
4And [to the place] where I am going, you know the way.
5Thomas said to Him, Lord, we do not know where You are going, so how can we know the way?
6Jesus said to him, I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except by (through) Me.

Dear friends

I have been led to these verses and the Lord has shared some beautiful things with me. It is amazing to receive from the Lord, and to be taught by Holy Spirit. Believe me, I have no insight at all into Scripture, it all comes from the Holy Spirit.. who is the best teacher amen

The disciples were so full of questions in this part of scripture and Thomas (bless his heart), was asking Jesus about the way. Jesus had been talking about going to heaven and preparing a place for us.. don't you just love that. Jesus is preparing for our arrival....isn't that thrilling?

I just want to concentrate on verse 6. The words are so familiar to us.. THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE
Here is what the Lord has shared with me and I hope you will be blessed also.

Jesus is The only Way to God
We have so many competing images in today's world, we are told that this religion is the answer to all the troubles in the world. But there is only one answer to the problems of the world.. and that is Jesus.. amen.

Jesus was talking to men, who were Jews and who knew all about the many sacrifices that the Jews had to make to do. But this was going to change because Jesus was going to die the ultimate sacrificial death on the cross, He was and is the perfect sacrifice for sin. A lamb totally pure and unblemished.. amen

The priest of the Old testament, had to go through so much ritual, rather like today. People go to church, they give money, they do good deeds, which are all fine in their own way. But they are missing the point. Man cannot reach up to God.. He has reached down to them and offered them free salvation if only they would accept it.

I love the verses in Hebrews 10, that state the new deal that the Christian has

19Therefore, brethren, since we have full freedom and confidence to enter into the [Holy of] Holies [by the power and virtue] in the blood of Jesus,
20By this fresh (new) and living way which He initiated and dedicated and opened for us through the separating curtain (veil of the Holy of Holies), that is, through His flesh,
21And since we have [such] a great and wonderful and noble Priest [Who rules] over the house of God,
22Let us all come forward and draw near with true (honest and sincere) hearts in unqualified assurance and absolute conviction engendered by faith (by [b]that leaning of the entire human personality on God in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness), having our hearts sprinkled and purified from a guilty (evil) conscience and our bodies cleansed with pure water.

Jesus shows us the truth about God

If you read further on in John 14, we see that Philip asks Jesus to show them the Father. Jesus replies that he and the Father are linked so closely.. amen

9Jesus replied, Have I been with all of you for so long a time, and do you not recognize and know Me yet, Philip? Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say then, Show us the Father?
10Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in Me? What I am telling you I do not say on My own authority and of My own accord; but the Father Who lives continually in Me does the ([a]His) works (His own miracles, deeds of power).

11Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me; or else believe Me for the sake of the [very] works themselves. [If you cannot trust Me, at least let these works that I do in My Father's name convince you.
Jesus is fully God..completely and utterly. What the Father is like is what Jesus is like. How Jesus acted on earth s what the Father is like.. amen

How did Jesus act on earth?
He acted in Love towards people
He criticised religious hypocrisy
He looked on people with compassion
He gave Himself as a sacrifice
We need no longer ask, what God is like. We have beheld His glory in His Son.. amen
As John puts it so beautifully in Chapter 1 of his gospel
14And the Word (Christ) became flesh (human, incarnate) and tabernacled (fixed His tent of flesh, lived awhile) among us; and we [actually] saw His glory (His honor, His majesty), such glory as an only begotten son receives from his father, full of grace (favor, loving-kindness) and truth.

Jesus gives us the Life of God

Many years before, God had promised to give the people a new heart. This was promised in the book of Ezekiel.
In Chapter 11

19And I will give them one heart [a new heart] and I will put a new spirit within them; and I will take the stony [unnaturally hardened] heart out of their flesh, and will give them a heart of flesh [sensitive and responsive to the touch of their God]

Chapter 36

26A new heart will I give you and a new spirit will I put within you, and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.

This was now made possible by the sacrifice of Jesus upon the Cross. Anyone, who came to him and knelt at the foot of the cross in repentance and faith, and received Jesus as Saviour was now able to be in right standing with God.

The promise made to Ezekiel, was now able to made true and is still being made true today.. amen. All over the world.. men and women are coming to a life changing experience of Jesus and His power to change lives.
Let me finish with 2 wonderful verses

John 1
12B.But to as many as did receive and welcome Him, He gave the authority (power, privilege, right) to become the children of God, that is, to those who BELIEVE in (adhere to, trust in and rely on) His name.

2 Corinthians 5
17Therefore if any person is [ingrafted] in Christ (the Messiah) he is a NEWcreation (a new creature altogether); the old [previous moral and spiritual condition] has passed away. Behold, the fresh and new has come!
Jesus came to give life back, He came to save from sin and to completely loose the bonds of sin, death and fear. He came to give us freedom and power and a sound mind.. to give us life here on earth that is truly amazing.

John 10

10The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it [b]overflows).

Not only that, but also you will spend eternity in His presence. Now isn't that amazing. All you have to do is kneel at the foot of the cross and :
A - Admit you are a sinner
B- Believe that He died for you
C- Confess Him before men and live for Him every day
Please click the links below to see how Jesus has and is changing lives today. Let Him change yours
God bless you
Keith

Featured Page link

Please read these amazing testimonies.. Jesus is the only one who can and does change lives

http://www.changed-lives.org.uk/

My website

Please read my testimony

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/

Special Song

Please listen to this amazing song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3TYkAWRdU4

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 05 Jan 2011, 4:19 pm

We approach another new year my friends. I wonder if you are looking forward or dreading it?

If you love Jesus as your Saviour, a new year changes nothing. God is still the same.. amen. He can be trusted in 2011 just as He was in 2010 amen

The question really is. Can God trust us?

Could HE make the same boast of us, that He made of Job?

Job is so often looked at as an example of suffering. But God, had total confidence in Job. He knew his heart.

This book speaks of the complete faithfulness of God, despite what God went through, God still held him. As you look forward to the new year, have confidence, because whatever the future holds, you are in the hands of the Lord God Almighty and HE has never dropped anything

Have a blessed and Happy New Year my friends

Please pass this message on and take time to click the links at the bottom of this message

God bless you

Your friend and Partner in the Gospel

Keith

Reading: Job Chapters 1 and 2
God Is Faithful
As we enter a brand new year, we have many expectations of what is going to happen. We have anticipation of how God is going to work through us and within us.
As Christians we have to remember that everything that will happen to us, God is in control of. He is the One who already knows the future, He sees what lies ahead, and He will give you the grace to handle anything that will come up.
Let us look at the life of Job,and on one particular aspect of his life. People seem to concentrate on Job's suffering, and it is indeed true that Job did suffer loss and did go through pain, but this is only because God allowed it, and indeed did not let the devil to test him, more than he was able. Look at what the Apostle Paul said to the church at Corinth:
1Co 10:13 No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face. All you need to remember is that God will never let you down; he'll never let you be pushed past your limit; he'll always be there to help you come through it.
That is a wonderful promise, for the believer and one indeed that I don't take seriously enough, as I have fallen flat on my face just lately, because I have tried to do things my way, instead of relying on God to provide a way of escape.
So why did Job get into this situation ? Well it was basically because God was boasting about Him. Yes that's right, God was actually boasting about Job.
Job 1:8 GOD said to Satan, "Have you noticed my friend Job? There's no one quite like him--honest and true to his word, totally devoted to God and hating evil."
Job 2:3 Then GOD said to Satan, "Have you noticed my friend Job? There's no one quite like him, is there--honest and true to his word, totally devoted to God and hating evil? He still has a firm grip on his integrity! You tried to trick me into destroying him, but it didn't work."
So why was God boasting about Job?. What made him so proud of Him? In the early verses of Job , we find the answer.
Job 1:1 Job was a man who lived in Uz. He was honest inside and out, a man of his word, who was totally devoted to God and hated evil with a passion.

Job 1:2 He had seven sons and three daughters.

Job 1:3 He was also very wealthy--seven thousand head of sheep, three thousand camels, five hundred teams of oxen, five hundred donkeys, and a huge staff of servants--the most influential man in all the East!

Job 1:4 His sons used to take turns hosting parties in their homes, always inviting their three sisters to join them in their merrymaking.
Job 1:5 When the parties were over, Job would get up early in the morning and sacrifice a burnt offering for each of his children, thinking, "Maybe one of them sinned by defying God inwardly." Job made a habit of this sacrificial atonement, just in case they'd sinned.
Honesty, truth and kindness were key attitudes in his life, also although he was wealthy, his heart belonged to God, he did not put his riches before God.

Another key attribute was his care for his family, he was an intercessor for his children, he covered them with prayer and care.

He looked on evil with a real hatred, with the same hatred that God has for it. He could not even stand to see his children fall into sin, he made a habit of the sacrifice for his children.
The question that I wish to ask you is the same one that God asked the Devil. Can God speak with the same confidence about you?. If God allowed what happened to Job, to happen to you. What would you do? Would you curse the Lord to his face or would you make him proud by response?
Everyday the devil is accusing the brethren of doing wrong things, he comes and tries to bring us down. Would the LORD, have the same confidence in us, like he had in Job?

This is a key question, one that we must answer. May our Lord have true confidence in us this year and always, we can have true and constant confidence in HIM.

CAN HE HAVE THE SAME CONFIDENCE IN US?

My friends

All I have is God's word and the promises contained in it, they have stood countless servants in good stead over many years and I see no reason to stop trusting in these true and precious promises

What God has laid on my spirit is that the time is very short. The song below says it all.. it is time church to arise to be witnesses to the glory of God. More than ever, God wants a people that are pure and separate.. the words come apart from them are even more relevant to the church today, as they ever were.

How desperate are you for God my friend?

God is desperate for the pure love of his children.. after all He gave everything for us.. shouldn't we give our all to HIM.. without reservation. ....do I hear an amen here?

Jim Elliott once said

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose

I wish to finish with some things for you to do this year. These are things that you can do.. make a covenant promise to do one or more of these things.. no one needs to know about it.. Just you and God.

Attend and be committed to your home church. Make sure you are at the prayer meeting and bible study

Encourage your pastor, tell him/her, how much they mean to you and how their ministry has blessed you. Do this on a regular basis

Support a missionary or missionary society in prayer and giving

Pray on a regular basis for the persecuted church.. more Info from Open Doors or Voice of the Martyrs

Join me to pray for revival at 7pm every Wednesday in your time zone.. see link at bottom

Study the scriptures and spend time quality time in prayer with the Father.

Tell God you love him every day

These are just suggestions, you can probably think of many more. They are for your consideration.

God bless you

Keith

Special Song

By Now you are starting to realise, that I am a massive fan of Casting Crowns.Here is a song, I would like to make our anthem . Please listen to the words.. please sing along and raise your hands in worship

http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=2UBrwCPcoR0

Featured Website

This website is an awesome resource. Please make use of it

http://www.wayofthe master.com/

My website

As you know I am a passionate Brit, who loves his country. Please view this page to pray for the British Isles and to join our wave of prayer on Wednesday evening

http://www.ourchurc h.com/member/ f/faithhopelove/ index.php? p=1_15_Britain- Ablaze
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 18 Dec 2010, 3:03 pm

Welcome to a special Simply Scripture

This is a wonderful time of year.. Amen. But we must never forget the real reason for Christmas and that is the greatest gift ever given.. the gift of Jesus.. who was the Saviour of the world. Although we celebrate his miracle birth at Christmas, it was like no other.. Amen.

Jesus came into the world to die my friends, he came to give Himself as a sacrifice for sin and to pay the price to set us free. Let us remember also that every prophecy regarding His First coming came true and so also will all prophecies that relate to his Second Coming. This time, he will be coming with all the power and glory of heaven. In His First coming, hardly anyone saw Him, but in his Second coming, every eye will see Him and every tongue confess that HE IS LORD

Make sure that you are ready for that Day. Trust him as Saviour

I do hope you will enjoy the following devotion. Please pass on these messages to all your friends and please click on the links at the bottom

God bless you

May you all have a truly blessed Christmas and peaceful new year

Keith

Simply Scripture

Reading Matthew 2:1-13

Fascination

The wise men had studied all about Jesus, they had read the prophets, diligently seeking truths about Him. They were earnest seekers, people who had minds that were open. Are you like the wise men this Christmas? Are you seeking Him? If you are you will truly find Him. Maybe you are searching for the meaning of life, maybe you are asking the question, 'is there more to life than this'.

Well there is, the more is Jesus. He says in John 10:10, that He came to give life and to give it abundantly. Please read the wonderful verses in John 10:1-14

Full of joy vs 10

After all that searching, the wise men have found Jesus, they are totally overjoyed. After many miles and many months of traveling, they had come to the place of true peace, in the presence of the Savior of the world. Maybe you have come a long road and come through so much, that doesn't matter, what matters is that you have come to the place where Jesus can transform your life.

To find Jesus and to know Him as Saviour and Lord is to know Joy overflowing. Let me say that after 35 years of knowing Jesus as Saviour and Lord, he still makes my heart leap for joy, the very thought of Him is so wonderful. He gives lasting joy, a joy that the world cannot replicate.. amen

Faith

What is so good, is that the wise men went in to Jesus, they didn't stay outside. Please go in to Jesus as he wants to receive you. They were important people in their own country, they had prestige, but they fell down and worshiped Jesus, this is the only response one can give to Him. The gifts of the wise men, are likened to our lives, which we give gladly unto our Saviour.

John said in chapter 1 verse 12 of his gospel, that as many as received Him, he gave the power to become the sons of God. Jesus is the gift, but you have got to ask for the gift, if you are sincere, God will give you the greatest gift, Jesus will come by His spirit to live in your heart

Freedom

The Journey home must of been one of delight, these men were not the same men who came to see Jesus, they were different because they had been in His presence. Everyone who comes into the presence of Jesus, is never the same again, He is the one who can transform your life, the only One who can. Be like the wise men and have your lives transformed this Christmas.

Finally

Isa 9:6 For a child has been born--for us! the gift of a son--for us! He'll take over the running of the world. His names will be: Amazing Counselor, Strong God, Eternal Father, Prince of Wholeness

Let me finish with a question? What is Jesus to you this Christmas? Is He the greatest gift you have ever received? He is more than a gift, he is the giver of the gift of Life, true everlasting life, He promises to give you life in abundance. When you trust him as Lord and Savior, he becomes your Counselor, your Friend and your peace.

My friends, what I have shared is far too important to push to one side. Please don't say, that there is another day, another time where I will trust Christ. Peter says in Acts 4, that today is the day of Salvation.. not tomorrow and not next year. It is time to decide my friends

God bless you

Keith

Special Song

Don't be like the people at the first Christmas, who were sleeping when Jesus came. Remember that when He comes again, you will have to acknowledge HIM, whether you like it or not.

http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=xm1F7ub00gk& feature=related

Special Link to Beautiful Site

http://www.christia nanswers. net/christmas/ home.html

My Website Link

Here is a link to the Salvation page on the site, which details, how you can trust Jesus as Saviour

http://www.ourchurc h.com/member/ f/faithhopelove/ index.php? p=1_2_-Salvation -Focus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 20 Nov 2010, 2:24 pm

What a great joy it is to share with you. May you be blessed as you dig into God's Holy Word. But before we start, there is just enough time to grab a coffee and cake...make mine a large one.. haha and your Bible and let's get going. By the way I love this psalm and would encourage you to read all 176 verses of it
God bless you
Keith
Psalm 119: 9

How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your Word.
Just going to share a couple of thoughts on this, we are constantly bombarded with things and images that portray nothing but filth and things that are directly against God's standard of pureness and holiness, so what are the principles that the believer can apply to keep his way pure?
This verse says that there is one way and one way alone and that is by living according to the word of God. Notice that Jesus said in defense to the devil in his temptation that Man was to live by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God, and so it is with us, we must never have any other guidebook than the Word of God. In this day of great teachers and good Christian books we must never use them as anything other than aids to growth.
The Bible is and always must remain our final authority.
James says that it is not just listening to the Word of God, but obedience to it that brings results James 1:22-26. We are not just to receive the word, but to act on it. The Word of God is like a mirror, it shows us our faults.. amen.. but it also shows how to put them right.. amen
We have to let the Word of God take up residence in our lives, this again is our responsibility, we have to do this ourselves. God is not going to force himself on us, we must make a conscious decision to let what is pure and undefiled into our lives. Colossians 3:16, Philippians 4:7-8
Your mind is the battleground, so it is has to be refreshed and renewed on a minute by minute basis, you cannot get away with reading the Bible just once a day and then putting it away and receiving the word on Sunday, you need to go to God's gas station and fill up on a regular basis with the word of God. Romans 12: 2
So here is how we keep our way pure, by jumping in to the swimming pool of God's word and immersing ourselves in it, by taking what we see as options as commands and learning that what God has said, he has said for our benefit.
One final question, if you had a personal gold mine, wouldn't you go into it often and mine it, digging out the richest seams? This is what God has given you with the Word of God, he has given you all you need to walk in today's world, keeping your way pure and undefiled. Is your gold mine.. your Bible unused?. Is it left on the shelf and only taken down on Sunday's.
Can I make a suggestion? When you go to church on Sunday.. take your Bible and follow the sermon.. take notes to study later.

Listen to Cd's of sermons in your car on your I-POD. Some people say you can get too much of a good thing.. but you can never get enough of the WORD OF GOD..... AMEN
So lets be eager to dig into Gods word, even the difficult passages. In closing let me share this. It was only two years ago, that I first read Revelation right through, and I had been a believer for 25 years, so don't worry if you don't understand it all, just immerse yourselves in the Word
God bless you
Keith

Featured Website

Please view the ministry of Mike and Maria Long in Greece

http://mikenmaria.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Special Song

This Song is really special to me. I hope you enjoy it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7HkcxkUOjI&feature=related

My Website LInk

Please read the Page called Prayer Power. These prayers if you speak them over your life, will bless you

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/index.php?p=1_20_Prayer-Power
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 9 Empty special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals)

Post  Admin Wed 12 May 2010, 11:52 am

Welcome to a very special Simply Scripture
My Dearly beloved Friends
I have been led of the Lord to write on the most wonderful event, that is yet to happen in this world, and that is the wonderful second coming of Our Lord and Saviour.. JESUS CHRIST.
In writing this, I am not going to take a position on when the rapture, will happen etc. If you had to push me.. I am not a pre, mid or post tribulation person... I am someone who just believes that we will be raptured and am looking forward to that great event.
Please feel free to share this message with everyone you can, the Word of God needs to get out into the world. The church needs to awake, and I just hope that God through his Precious Holy Spirit, uses this message to encourage and bless my fellow believers in their most holy faith.
I wish to thank my friend Sue for her help and also thanks my own Dear Pastor, Mark for his proofreadingof the text
May God bless you abundantly
Keith
All bible quotes are from the Amplified Bible
Mark 13
32But of that day or that hour not a [single] person knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
33Be on your guard [constantly alert], and watch and pray; for you do not know when the time will come.
34It is like a man already] going on a journey; when he leaves home, he puts his servants in charge, each with his particular task, and he gives orders to the doorkeeper to be constantly alert and on the watch.
35Therefore watch (give strict attention, be cautious and alert), for you do not know when the Master of the house is coming--in the evening, or at midnight, or at cockcrowing, or in the morning--
36[Watch, I say] lest He come suddenly and unexpectedly and find you asleep.
37And what I say to you I say to everybody: Watch (give strict attention, be cautious, active, and alert)!
Acts 1
6So when they were assembled, they asked Him, Lord, is this the time when You will re-establish the kingdom and restore it to Israel?
7He said to them, It is not for you to become acquainted with and know [b]what time brings [the things and events of time and their definite periods] or fixed [c]years and seasons (their critical niche in time), which the Father has appointed (fixed and reserved) by His own choice and authority and personal power.
My Brothers and Sisters
In the church today, there is much debate, about the exact time Jesus will be coming back. Indeed some people are even saying, that they know the day and hour, that Jesus will return. One of the these sites is www.wecanknow. com. The people and the teaching on this website is FALSE.
Please note from the words of Jesus, that the time of the return of Jesus, is entirely in the hand of the Father and no one else. If you hear people say, they know the date and time of the rapture etc, you know that they are talking rubbish and not according to Scripture.
The Lord does give us clues though. If you read Mark 13 and Mathew 24, Jesus tells us that there will be signs that we have to look for. Nation shall rise against nation and the gospel will be proclaimed to all people. Jesus warns the disciples that many will say.. look here is Christ. He gives us these words of warning in Matthew 24:23
23If anyone says to you then, Behold, here is the Christ (the Messiah)! or, There He is!--do not believe it.
24For false Christs and false prophets will arise, and they will show great signs and wonders so as to deceive and lead astray, if possible, even the elect (God's chosen ones).
25See, I have warned you beforehand.
26So if they say to you, Behold, He is in the wilderness (desert)--do not go out there; if they tell you, Behold, He is in the secret places or inner rooms--do not believe it.
27For just as the lightning flashes from the east and shines and [h]is seen as far as the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be.
So how is Jesus going to return to Earth? We are told in 1 Thessalonians 4:
16For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud cry of summons, with the shout of an archangel, and with the blast of the trumpet of God. And those who have departed this life in Christ will rise first.
17Then we, the living ones who remain [on the earth], shall simultaneously be caught up along with [the resurrected dead] in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so always (through the eternity of the eternities) we shall be with the Lord!
18Therefore comfort and encourage one another with these words.
We are also told that it will take the world by surprise. Jesus says that it will be the same as in the time of Noah
Mathew 24:38 -39
38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark;
39and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.

I Thess 5:1-4
1 But as to the suitable times and the precise seasons and dates, brethren, you have no necessity for anything being written to you.
2For you yourselves know perfectly well that the day of the [return of the] Lord will come [as unexpectedly and suddenly] as a thief in the night.
3When people are saying, all is well and secure, and, there is peace and safety, then in a moment unforeseen destruction (ruin and death) will come upon them as suddenly as labour pains come upon a woman with child; and they shall by no means escape, for there will be no escape.
4But you are not in [given up to the power of] darkness, brethren, for that day to overtake you by surprise like a thief.
So in the light of all this, what is to be our attitude? So how does the return of Jesus affect our daily lives? Here are some principles for you.
Firstly, we have to be always looking up.. amen. I don't know about you, but I am always scanning the skies, eagerly looking for as Paul puts it.. the glorious appearing of our Lord. I hope you eyes are turned upwards.. looking for Jesus.
Titus 2
13 Awaiting and looking for the [fulfilment, the realization of our] blessed hope, even the glorious appearing of our great God and Saviour Christ Jesus (the Messiah, the Anointed One),
Secondly, we have to be about the business of the Lord. What is that business you may ask. Well it is to preach the gospel. Jesus states in Matthew 28:16-20 and Acts 1:8, what we are to do, and it is not to debate and speculate on when he is coming back. To do this is to fall into a trap of the devil. He wants us to be sidetracked from our main task of sharing Christ, and so will try anything to stop us.
Thirdly, we have to be close to the Lord. We must have a close and deep relationship with Him. That means spending lots of time in prayer, reading and studying his word, and fellowshipping with his people.
Many brothers and sisters all over the world are suffering terrible persecution and over the coming years, the western world, will start to see more and more persecution for the Church. We really need to be so close to the Father in fellowship, so that we can stand up to the coming persecution. Christian, you may say, that I am speaking idle words, but persecution is coming . We need to grow into the very likeness of Christ - Ephesians 5:1-2 and 1 Peter 1:13-17
We need to have on the armour of God - Ephesians 6:10-17
We need to be filled with the Holy Spirit - Ephesians 5:18
We need to have our minds renewed by the word of God - Romans 12:1-2 and Colossians 3:16
We need to be ready in season and out of season to share the gospel - 2 Timothy 4:2
Time is very short my brothers and sisters. Every day is one day nearer the glorious appearing of our wonderful Lord and Saviour.
Let us not debate when Jesus is coming back but let us rejoice that he is coming back to take us to be with Him - John 14:1-6.
We need to be about our Master's business. CT Studd that Great missionary once said,
' Some wish to live in view of church or chapel bell.. I want to run a rescue mission within a yard of the grave'
Matthew Henry Comments on the Apostles Question in Acts 1 -
'They were earnest in asking about that which their master, never had directed or encouraged them to seek'
You know every single prophecy about the first coming of Jesus, was fulfilled, and likewise, every prophecy about his second coming in power and glory, will be fulfilled, also.
Christian, your job is to look forward with joy to that glorious day and to spend your time in fruitful service, so that you will hear the words.. well done thou good and faithful servant, enter into the joy of the Lord.
If you disagree with me on what I have wrote then please give feedback. I don't know it all.
All I am is one who owes everything to God. I am a blood bought child of God who loves God, his Word, and his people. I have shared texts from the Holy Scriptures.. the book I reverence and love.
I long for that day, when my Saviour I will see.. I hope you do too.
Please visit the website, the Lord has enabled me to do.. for the glory of his name and the building up of His church. The link below is to the home page, there are also 11 pages for your encouragement and blessing.. so please take time to view them
http://www.ourchurc h.com/member/ f/faithhopelove
Scriptures for further study
Mark Chapter 13
Matthew chapter 24
Matthew 25:13
1 Thess 4:16-18
1 Thess 5:1-4
2 Peter 1:20-21
2 Peter 2:1-4
2 Peter 3:8-12
Titus 2:13
God bless you!
Your friend and fellow Servant
Keith
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9