Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 115 on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 3:20 pm
Latest topics
» PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP
{Acts1711} What The Church In the USA Is Missing EmptyYesterday at 8:32 pm by Admin

» 10 Times Christians Actually Should Judge Others
{Acts1711} What The Church In the USA Is Missing EmptyYesterday at 8:03 pm by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
{Acts1711} What The Church In the USA Is Missing EmptyYesterday at 7:53 pm by Admin

» BIRTH PANGS – Series of Powerful Earthquakes Volcano's Strike Around the Globe
{Acts1711} What The Church In the USA Is Missing EmptyYesterday at 7:02 pm by Admin

» ENDTIME HEADLINES
{Acts1711} What The Church In the USA Is Missing EmptyYesterday at 6:16 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
{Acts1711} What The Church In the USA Is Missing EmptyYesterday at 5:15 pm by Admin

» servant @ TWO LISTENERS
{Acts1711} What The Church In the USA Is Missing EmptyYesterday at 5:10 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
{Acts1711} What The Church In the USA Is Missing EmptyYesterday at 3:09 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
{Acts1711} What The Church In the USA Is Missing EmptyYesterday at 3:06 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
{Acts1711} What The Church In the USA Is Missing EmptyYesterday at 3:04 pm by Admin

» Daily Encounter with: ACTS International
{Acts1711} What The Church In the USA Is Missing EmptyYesterday at 3:00 pm by Admin

»  Impeachment Hearing 609
{Acts1711} What The Church In the USA Is Missing EmptyYesterday at 2:07 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
{Acts1711} What The Church In the USA Is Missing EmptyYesterday at 12:08 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
{Acts1711} What The Church In the USA Is Missing EmptyYesterday at 12:06 pm by Admin

» Delrifkah: HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY.
{Acts1711} What The Church In the USA Is Missing EmptyFri 15 Nov 2019, 11:35 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor
{Acts1711} What The Church In the USA Is Missing EmptyFri 15 Nov 2019, 11:33 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
{Acts1711} What The Church In the USA Is Missing EmptyFri 15 Nov 2019, 11:30 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
{Acts1711} What The Church In the USA Is Missing EmptyFri 15 Nov 2019, 11:13 pm by Admin

» MISC NEWS AROUND THE WORLD
{Acts1711} What The Church In the USA Is Missing EmptyFri 15 Nov 2019, 11:03 pm by Admin

» STABBINGS - MURDERS - HATE CRIMES
{Acts1711} What The Church In the USA Is Missing EmptyFri 15 Nov 2019, 9:22 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

{Acts1711} What The Church In the USA Is Missing

Go down

{Acts1711} What The Church In the USA Is Missing Empty {Acts1711} What The Church In the USA Is Missing

Post  Admin on Thu 16 Sep 2010, 1:03 pm

{Acts1711} What The Church In the USA Is Missing

"Then Jesus took them through the writings of Moses and all the prophets, explaining from all the Scriptures the things concerning himself." Luke 24:27

Jesus: “If you love me, obey my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate [Holy Spirit], who will never leave you....Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me... All who love me will do what I say. My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with each of them. Anyone
who doesn’t love me will not obey me. And remember, my words are not my
own. What I am telling you is from the Father who sent me." John 14

Do you see it in Jesus' words above? Love Him is FIRST, obey Him is SECOND, THEN He gives the Holy Spirit. We see this when Jesus is water baptized, Jesus had His ducks in a row: Love God and Obey God, and God gave the Holy Spirit.

We cannot call ourselves Christians if we do not LOVE God first and OBEY God/Jesus second, it just is not what the Bible says.

And if we do not give the Bible the respect it deserves as God's Holy Word, because it's still transforming lives and pointing the way to eternal life with God, we are disrespecting God. Called rebellion, and sin.

Have you said 'I Love You God', 'I Love You Jesus' lately? Practice it, not only in words, but in your thought life, and how you treat your body. Matthew 22, Deuteronomy 6.

And read your Bible every day, putting down the 'daily devotionals' , and getting into the Word of God, watching how God works in you. It's amazing!

I grew up in the Protestant type church, conservative Baptist particularly. I became a believer at the tender age of 5 years old, at a neighborhood Bible club (I am in my late 40s now). I was baptized in water at age 12 in my local church. From point one in my Christian life, I saw and felt the immense love of God and I responded to it: with love and obedience such as respecting God, reading my Bible, treating God's House with honor, and trying to put into practice the commands of Jesus and other commands in the Bible.

In my church, and the Christian school I attended 1st through 8th grade, I was taught what the Bible teaches. Except...

I wasn't taught to obey Jesus, to heed His commands. This though we in Sunday School and Bible classes memorized Scripture, including Matthew 28:18-20, Jesus speaking:

"All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go, therefore, and make
disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."
Oh we learned OF Jesus, and Paul, and other Bible persons, but to OBEY Jesus? Did not hear it there. Learned it on my own as I read my Bible through countless times, paying attention to Jesus in particular. You'll learn it too if you read through the Bible, starting with the Gospel books.

Though my pastor was a Godly man, I knew him personally through my parents, his American theological training led him to promote Paulian theology (emphasis on Paul's epistles).

What is Christianity if not 'following Jesus'? And not the 'following'
that is currently being promoted (in contemplative/ emerging false teachings) as 'doing what Jesus did', but the following that means heeding Jesus' commands, doing as He said to do.

The Church today, in the US, is missing Jesus. He's standing at the door of our assemblies, trying to wake us up to the fact of our sin and how we've left Him outside, Revelation 3.

What I've seen in 40 years...

There is so much emphasis of the power of God, in some pentecostal type circles, so much so that two particular things are emphasized and obeying Jesus is ignored. Those things? Elite spiritual gifts and the Holy Spirit. The attitudes are that if you don't have these two things you aren't 'special' and thus you are scorned by others who pride themselves on their so-called spiritual attainment, even though God says repeatedly in the Bible it is HE ALONE Who promotes and/or demotes.

All of this is despite the fact that Jesus gave SPECIFIC information, instruction, and directions on the Holy Spirit, John 14-15.

Some take references specifically for Jesus and try to use themselves (power trip), while others try to use power references without obedience or even being a Christian. Many leaders use emotions as the tool of control in their services or functions, while NO ONE is being Biblically discipled as Jesus commanded. Sermons and music are focused on 'self' and 'money/wealth' .

Let me ask this: Do you know HOW to be a Christian? How to become one?

http://www.billygra ham.org/SH_ StepsToPeace. asp

http://www.ccci. org/training- and-growth/ classics/ the-spirit- filled-life/ index.htm

The lack of Jesus' Lordship, and obedience to Him, the lack of respect for God, and the Bible, the worship of self and money all point to a Church in utter rebellion, while going through the motions of 'Christianity' , or 'churchianity' as some have called it.

People are being taught wrongly by shepherds who will be held accountable by God for what they've taught, Hebrews 13, also 4 for the rest of us.

How can we know if a 'teaching' is right or wrong? Read through the Scriptures yourself and check on what you are being taught. This is a VERY acceptable practice, Acts 17:11 among other references. If you read through the Bible, you will learn to know Truth then when you hear deceptive teachings or outright deceptions, you'll know it and you can then choose to separate yourself from the deception, also acceptable Biblical practice, Galatians 4, 1 Timothy 4, 2 Peter, Jude.

Other non pentecostal circles are massively absorbed in the ancient manuscripts of Greek and/or Hebrew, so much so that they often scorn our modern day Bibles as being 'inaccurate' or untrustworthy. They've become schools of scholarly thought or intellect, and also have neglected obedience to Jesus.

And yet other groups are busy reading and promoting other books, learning (suppposedly) from other people about the Bible. This instead of reading the Bible directly and learning from Jesus directly.

Many professionally trained preachers (pastors, etc.) are taught to rely more upon the commentaries of men than of the words of God, a practice nurtured in their theological institutions. . Note: professional means that they paid for their training, see Acts 8 on what God calls paying for spiritual training.

I know of a church where one is required to PAY for training to be prophetic, in fact there are many similar programs across the USA. This is in DIRECT contradiction to what the Bible says in Acts 8. It is outright wickedness, the Bible says!

Also read 1 Corinthians 12-14 for a humbling rebuke against those who want to be spiritually elite as respects power & spiritual gifts...it's as relevant today as it was when written by Paul. And 1 Corinthians 1 as respects prioritizing humans instead of Jesus.

NOTE: 1 Corinthians is a marvelously relevant passage for Christians in America.

The
common denominator in all of this is a lack of respect and honor due Jesus Christ, the Son of God, God Incarnate.

How did He treat the Scriptures? With respect and honor. 'Give honor and respect where it's due', He said in Matthew 22, Mark 12, and Luke 20.

How did He treat the Holy Spirit? He called the Holy Spirit an 'advocate', also called a paraclete which means coming alongside to help, counsel, support, guide. ABSOLUTELY NOT a power trip reference or description, is it?

How did He treat God, His Father? With the utmost respect and humility. See John 17 for example.

What did Jesus say, over and over again? What did He show by example and teaching? OBEDIENCE to God. That precedes EVERYTHING in being a Christian and it STARTS one in being a Christian, because you MUST obey Jesus in believing Him to be your personal Saviour and provide eternal life, John 3:16.

Yes, it is true. Jesus is NOT part of Christian worship services in the USA, He's been kicked out, left out, neglected, forgotten, and abandoned because of our selfishness and SIN, and we've done so for more acceptable watered-down teachings, social clubs, attendance building, fund raising, bill paying (books, coffee shops, programs, etc.) and other directly in contradiction to clear Bible teaching. Yes MONEY is our 'god'...alongside self.

The Israelites did the same thing in their day, particularly when wandering in the wilderness. They decided to create their own 'god' (also relates to money, wealth) to worship because the One True God didn't meet their every whim, answer their every demand or whine, provide them 'what they wanted, when they wanted it, how they wanted it'. Sound familiar? They decided to rely upon themselves and that got them in a 'heap of' trouble.

Sin does that, breaks fellowship with God and creates massively destructive consequences.

What are the consequences Christians in America will suffer? Depends on how quickly they repent, individually and in their 'church 'services. The fate of Christians in America (specifically) can be learned from the examples of prideful rebellion and stubbornness of the ancient Israelites.

What can YOU do? Repent. Read 2 Chronicles 7:14 and Daniel 9, applying the words to yourself and the USA. Then encourage your pastors, and teachers, to do the same in your 'church' services, with attendees getting on their knees in humble prayers to God for His mercy and forgiveness.

Today is the day of salvation, the Bible says 2 Corinthians 6. In the case of the Church in America, it's repentance.

May God forgive us our sin, our selfishness, our self reliance, our greed, gluttony, coveting, and pride. May we repent today.

Copyright 2010 Gretchen Offord, Acts 1711 Ministries. All rights reserved however permission granted to electronically forward this article AS IS, no changes made.

--The head may seek God, but it is the heart that finds Him. Jeremiah 29:13 --"This is the way to have eternal life—to know you, the only true God,
and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth." John 17:3
Acts 1711 Ministries ~ Searching The Scriptures to Know Truth
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum