» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  EmptyToday at 12:29 by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  EmptyToday at 12:28 by Admin

» Daily Disciples
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  EmptyToday at 12:27 by Admin

» The Mark started implants in their hands to replace cash, credit cards
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  EmptyToday at 11:52 by Admin

» BIRTH PANGS – Series of Powerful Earthquakes Volcano's Strike Around the Globe
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  EmptyToday at 9:47 by Admin

» ENDTIME HEADLINES
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  EmptyToday at 9:40 by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  EmptyToday at 0:07 by Admin

» Delrifkah: HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY.
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  EmptyYesterday at 23:14 by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  EmptyYesterday at 23:13 by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  EmptyYesterday at 23:12 by Admin

» My Manna
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  EmptyYesterday at 23:10 by Admin

» GOSPEL FROM ASIA
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  EmptyYesterday at 23:09 by Admin

» Another Look at Footwashing
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  EmptyYesterday at 22:47 by Admin

» 12 Proverbs to Start Memorizing Today
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  EmptyYesterday at 22:22 by Admin

» Rare Footage of President Ronald Reagan Speaking the Gospel
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  EmptyYesterday at 21:58 by Admin

» PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  EmptyYesterday at 21:56 by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

VERSE from HEARTLIGHT

Page 1 of 27 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Go down

VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  Empty Re: VERSE from HEARTLIGHT

Post  Admin on Mon 18 Feb 2013 - 21:58

Today's Verse for 02/17/2013
For your Maker is your husband-- the LORD Almighty is his name-- the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; he is called the God of all the earth. — Isaiah 54:5

Thought
"For God so loved the world..." "The Father, from whom every family on earth derives its name..." God is not just the God of Israel. The LORD God, ruler of heaven and earth, is the God of all nations and one day, "every knee will bow and every tongue will confess... that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father."

Prayer
Great Redeemer and Father of all nations, I humbly come before your throne and offer my thanks and praise for all that you have done to bless us, your people. Please let me know you and be aware of your daily presence in my life. Forgive me, dear Father, when I haven't been a suitable place for your grace and name to dwell. Thank you for redeeming me from the sin that once entangled me. Guard my heart and rescue me from the deceptive lies of the evil one. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware. You can email questions or comments to phil@heartlight.org.
Admin
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 16 Feb 2013 - 22:05

Today's Verse for 02/15/2013
And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother. — 1 John 4:21

Thought
For over a week, John has reminded us again and again. We must love our brothers and sisters in Christ. This reminder, however, is the clincher. If we love God, then we must love his children and our brothers and sisters in Christ. Notice that the word isn't "should" or "will try" or "want to." No, we must. The Bible is careful not to put many "must do" or "thou shalt" commands in Scripture. But God's point is clear. Love of each other is not optional, negotiable, or even something to be delayed. God sent Jesus to die for the sins of all of God's children. How can we not love those for whom Christ gave so much? As Paul will say to the Corinthians, "God' s love compels us!" We MUST love.

Prayer
Sovereign LORD, forgive my sometimes selective practice of loving your children. I ask you now to bless, to nourish, and to sustain my brothers and sisters in Christ. I want to pray in particular for several of your children who have great trials and burdens... (please list some of those you know who need God's help). In addition, dear Father, please use me to minister to them in tangible ways. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware. You can email questions or comments to phil@heartlight.org.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 16 Feb 2013 - 0:25

Today's Verse for 02/14/2013
I thank my God every time I remember you. — Philippians 1:3

Thought
Certain people are blessings. It doesn't matter if we visit with them on the phone, get an encouraging email, or see them face to face. Any time we remember them, we thank God for them. So let's follow Paul's example and let them know they give us reasons to offer thanks to God.

Prayer
Loving LORD, thank you for... (place the name of several people who bless your life in here). They have blessed my life in so many ways, so I'm asking you now to bless their lives with your grace, power, and Spirit. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 14 Feb 2013 - 23:16

Today's Verse for 02/13/2013
If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen. — 1 John 4:20

Thought
"O how I love Jesus!" we sing. Jesus responds by asking how well we are doing with loving our brothers and sisters! We can't love God if we can't love those around us.

Prayer
Forgive me, dear Father, for the times I have harbored pettiness in my heart or been unforgiving to those who needed my grace. I recognize that when I am unloving to my brothers and sisters in Christ, I am unloving to you. Please bless me as I work to reconcile some Christian relationships that have not gone well recently. Help these mended friendships to bring glory to you and vitality to your Church. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 13 Feb 2013 - 18:50

Today's Verse for 02/12/2013
We love because he first loved us. — 1 John 4:19

Thought
As human beings, we like to think of ourselves as the center of our universe. We determine the greatness or validity of most deeds based on their impact upon us. We consider ourselves great adventurers, inventors, and investigators. However, in the most important quest of all, we did not act first; God did. He loved us sacrificially. He loved us personally. He loved us first. Our love is a response to his grace. Our love is simply sharing with others what has been lavished upon us. We love because he loved us first.

Prayer
Almighty God and Abba Father, over these last several days I have tried to understand your love for me and my fellow humans. I don't profess to understand your love, but I do know that you have blessed me with it in ways I could not have imagined. So please, dear Father, help me remember your great love for me when I am faced with temptation, led to doubt your love, or wonder about my worthiness. I want your love to be reflected in my daily life. Thanks for loving mightily. Thanks for loving sacrificially. Most of all, thanks for loving first! In Jesus' name I thank you. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware. You can email questions or comments to phil@heartlight org.
Today's Verse for 02/11/2013
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. — 1 John 4:18

Thought
There are many kinds of fear. Some of these are legitimate. Others are imagined. Still others are irrational. Thankfully, as Christians, we don't have to be afraid of the one crucial event in our life -- judgment. God's love saves us, empowers us, blesses us, works in us, and touches others through us. Most of all, having experienced this love, we can cast fear out of our hearts because we know where we stand with God. He is our loving Father who longs to bring us home!

Prayer
Holy, majestic, and awesome God, you are mighty in your strength. You are holy beyond comparison. You are righteous and fair in your dealings with your people. Most of all, dear Father, I thank you because you do not deal with me as my sins deserve. No, O God, you deal with me graciously, blessing me with your redeeming and transforming grace. Your love gives me confidence to live for you and to await the day I stand before you. Until that day I offer you my thanks and praise in Jesus' holy name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 11 Feb 2013 - 22:33

Today's Verse for 02/10/2013
In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him. — 1 John 4:17

Thought
When we live lovingly like Jesus did, we can have the same confidence in the face of death and before God in judgment. Our confidence is not in our efforts, but in our Savior. His love has not only redeemed us, it has changed us. His love is not only a gift to us, but it is a gift through us. We can be confident because we know that Jesus' life is present in us until we can stand with him in the presence of our Father.

Prayer
Holy Father, thank you for the power to love others. Thank you for the confidence your love gives me. You have done so much to save me. Thank you for your loving grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 10 Feb 2013 - 19:29

Today's Verse for 02/09/2013
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. — 1 John 4:16

Thought
We can be sure that God loves us. He wants us to live in and be blessed by his love. That love is more than just the grace that reaches us when we are saved. God's love extends through us. His love is redemptive in our loving behaviors to others. His presence is seen in our loving attitudes and deeds. God wants his love to be shared by us to others. In this way, his love blesses us when we receive it and also when we share it!

Prayer
Father in heaven, I rely on your love. I cannot imagine my life without it; I would be completely lost. However, I know you love me Father. I am confident about my future, full of joy in this moment, and standing on tiptoe until your love is fully realized in your presence at Jesus' coming. Thank you for loving me. In Jesus' name I thank you. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 9 Feb 2013 - 21:12

Today's Verse for 02/08/2013
If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in him and he in God. — 1 John 4:15

Thought
"Jesus is the Son of God." Six simple words. They are much more than simple words, however; they are the doorway that opens our heart to God. So tonight, as you confess Jesus as God's Son, consciously and intentionally welcome God into your heart. The Father lives in the person who confesses the Son!

Prayer
Father, I want to live my life and center my heart in you. I gladly confess that Jesus is the Son of God, my Lord, and my Savior. I praise and thank you in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 8 Feb 2013 - 22:08

Today's Verse for 02/07/2013
We know that we live in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. — 1 John 4:13

Thought
Our sign of authenticity showing we are truly God's children is the Holy Spirit who lives in us. The Spirit helps bring forth the character of God in our lives (Gal. 5:22). The Spirit helps us when we pray (Rom. 8:26-27). The Spirit empowers us to overcome sin (Rom. 8:13) and gives us strength to do things we would never imagine were possible (Eph. 3:14-21). The Spirit comforts us in our brokenness and makes God's presence real in our liv! es (John 14:15-26). The Spirit is the truest sign that we are God's children (Rom. 8:9, 14-16). Thank God for the blessed Holy Spirit!

Prayer
Father, I praise you for your holiness, majesty, and power. I thank you for your loving grace. I am humbled by your sacrificial love that has saved me. But today, dear Father, I thank you most of all for your Holy Spirit, who lives in me, who empowers me, who cleanses me, who comforts me, and who makes your fatherhood accessible and real to me. Thank you, in the name of Jesus, from the bottom of my heart! Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 7 Feb 2013 - 23:10

Today's Verse for 02/06/2013
No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. — 1 John 4:12

Thought
What an incredible thought! God can be seen in my home. The Father of the universe lives in my church. The Almighty God's love is recognizable in my life. How so? When I love those around me, when they love me back, when we choose to be loving instead of petty, unforgiving, critical, and harsh, God's presence, power, and perfection are revealed in us!

Prayer
O Father, please make your presence, power, and perfection known through my love for your children and their love for each other. In Jesus' name I ask this. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware. You can email questions or comments to phil@heartlight. org.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 6 Feb 2013 - 17:18

Today's Verse for 02/05/2013
Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. — 1 John 4:11

Thought
We are loved by the Creator of the Universe. He knows us personally. Our Heavenly Father cares about us tremendously. Although God knew about our weaknesses and sinfulness, he was willing to pay a terrible price to redeem us. Even though we are sometimes weak or rebellious, he loves us, forgives us, and welcomes us back when we are willing to confess our sins and come home to him. So if God has consistently, faithfully, and graciously loved us, how can we not share that love with each other?

Prayer
Thank you, Abba Father, for your awesome and gracious love. Please continue to pour that love into my heart through your Holy Spirit. Please help me be more forgiving, patient, and sacrificial in my love to your children. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 5 Feb 2013 - 21:18

Today's Verse for 02/04/2013
This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. — 1 John 4:10

Thought
God loved us first! God paid the huge price for our atonement, first! Jesus is the great way God displays his mercy and justice. We know what love is, because he demonstrated it. How well are we demonstrating to others the mercy and justice of God?

Prayer
Father, your love seems is so vast, so gracious, and so life-changing. I ask that you, O blessed Holy Spirit, would help change my heart to more perfectly reflect and glorify the Father. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 4 Feb 2013 - 11:34

Today's Verse for 02/03/2013
This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. — 1 John 4:9

Thought
Showing love is about sharing life with someone else. No one quite epitomizes this principle like Jesus! His sacrifice, however, is what saved us and brought us to our new life in Christ. Now God wants us to show his love to others by sharing it in ways that they can understand and appreciate.

Prayer
Holy LORD, my heavenly Father, thank you for today. Help me share my life with someone else who needs to experience your grace. Please help me notice those who are wounded and please give me the wisdom on the best way to lead them back to you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 3 Feb 2013 - 19:29

Today's Verse for 02/02/2013
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. — 1 John 4:8

Thought
An unloving person doesn't know God. It's that simple. Enough said.

Prayer
Father, please bless me with a loving heart and a lifestyle that generously shares your love with others. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 2 Feb 2013 - 20:29

Today's Verse for 02/01/2013
Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. — 1 John 4:7

Thought
The old song says, "Where oh where is love?" Love is with God. Love comes from God. Love is the key attribute of God. Love is from God. Love is of God. You want to be more loving? You want to find greater intensity in your love? You want to know how to love others who are hard to love? Look to God. But, where do we see God most clearly? Jesus! So look at how God has demonstrated his love through Jesus and do likewise!

Prayer
Holy God, I want to show that you are my Father by loving others more perfectly. Please bless me as I seek to follow Jesus' example in treating others with love. In the name of the Lord Jesus I pray. Amen.

Today's Verse for 01/31/2013
For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless. — Psalm 84:11

Thought
God doesn't hold back on his goodness! In fact, the Father loves to give his children gifts. These gifts are all encompassing. These gifts are gladly given. How do I know? Three ways: 1) I've been repeatedly blessed; 2) I've seen what God has done to bless his people through the centuries; and 3) his Word promises this to be so.

Prayer
Father, I want to thank you for the many blessings you have poured into my life. I want to list several of them by name today. (Make your own list of things for which you are thankful.) Thank you most of all Father, for the gift of your Son and my Savior, Jesus. In his name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 31 Jan 2013 - 23:02

Today's Verse for 01/30/2013
Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails. — Proverbs 19:21

Thought
"What are your plans for today?" If you are like me, you prayerfully try to plan your day. You make appointments with people in the future so you can address their needs, hear their concerns, or discuss issues and projects. But, we need to always live humbly, recognizing that none of our plans will be of value unless those plans come from the Father!

Prayer
Holy God and righteous Father, please bless me as I seek to discern your will in my decisions today. I recognize that each breath that I take is a gift and that each success is because of your grace. Please use me to your glory and help me find your path for my life. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware. You can email questions or comments to phil@heartlight. org.
Today's Verse for 01/29/2013
They cried to you and were saved; in you they trusted and were not disappointed. — Psalm 22:5

Thought
This Psalm of despair, referred to by Jesus from the Cross, is also a Psalm of hope and faith. The history of God's faithfulness with his people Israel is an ongoing reminder that we can trust him to deliver us. While in our human reckoning of time God's answer may be slow in coming, his track record in history reminds us that he will answer, deliver, and bless his people in his time. In our worst of nightmares, we can be reminded that God is faithful and is attentive to our cries of despair, lament, grief, agony, and fear.

Prayer
I ask, dear Father, that you bless your people everywhere who find themselves in difficult situations. Empower them with your Spirit and bless them with a change for the better in their dire situation. Please hear the cries of your people and act swiftly for their protection, preservation, and vindication. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 29 Jan 2013 - 22:44

Today's Verse for 01/28/2013
Not so the wicked! They are like chaff that the wind blows away. — Psalm 1:4

Thought
No matter the temporary apparent benefits of wicked schemes and evil power, all these efforts end at the grave and are swept away leaving the wicked with nothing to show for their efforts as they stand before the righteousness and justice of God.

Prayer
Dear Father, please help me resist the temptation to idolize or exalt those who succeed through evil devices, schemes, methods, and plans. Help my heart seek your Kingdom and righteousness. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 28 Jan 2013 - 11:25

Today's Verse for 01/27/2013
He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers. — Psalm 1:3

Thought
Some kinds of earthly delight can feed our hearts for a short time, but when difficulties come, our hearts will wither in the drought. Delighting in the LORD and in his will for us, however, provides us with ongoing and ever-fresh joy. Out of this lifestyle comes both short-term and long-term benefits and a resiliency that withstands life's worst droughts.

Prayer
Dear God, Holy One of heaven, I do find my delight in you and your ways and find refreshment in your abiding Spirit. Please give me the wisdom to seek your will every day of my life. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 26 Jan 2013 - 22:49

Today's Verse for 01/26/2013
But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. — Psalm 1:2

Thought
Delight! In things of God do you find delight? What holy things of the Father in heaven hold your thoughts throughout the day? Why not join me in trying to put more of God's word in your head through memorization and into your heart through prayerful Bible study?!

Prayer
Father in heaven, holy and righteous in all of your ways, I confess that I do not always make the most of my thought time. I often allow my mind to drift away into areas I shouldn' t explore. I will occasionally get too focused on things that are inconsequential. I want my mind and my heart more in tune with you, your Word, your will, and your way. Give me true wisdom, enlightened by your Spirit, to see, know, absorb, and contemplate the things that are closest to your heart. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Today's Verse for 01/25/2013
Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. — Psalm 1:1

Thought
So often sin and ungodly lifestyles are portrayed as glamorous. The way of blessing, however, is the way of God. His will is for our good, his commands spring from his mercy and protection, and his way is the path of life. We are blessed when we walk with God and do his will.

Prayer
Forgive me, Father, for believing the lies of the world and being deceived and enticed by the temptations of Satan. I know that sin brings heartaches, complications, and problems. I also know that choosing the right things, standing up for truth, and living faithfully for you is sometimes very difficult. Please help my heart believe and my mind see that walking in your will brings me life. In Jesus' name I ask this. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 25 Jan 2013 - 21:33

Today's Verse for 01/24/2013
Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name; worship the LORD in the splendor of his holiness. — Psalm 29:2

Thought
Giving glory, ascribing glory, is not an easy thing for us to do. Let's admit it. We're much more used to asking from God rather than blessing God and calling others to him. So let's use the rest of this week to pray prayers of thanksgiving and praise, glorifying God's holy name.

Prayer
Father, you are marvelous and magnificent beyond my description and understanding. Thank you for sending Jesus to help me catch a glimpse of your glory. Thank you for sustaining me and those I love. I thank you in Jesus' name. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 23 Jan 2013 - 23:39

Today's Verse for 01/23/2013
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. — 2 Corinthians 12:9

Thought
While other preachers in Paul's day were parading around their credentials, Paul refused to get into a bragging contest to prove he was the most impressive of Jesus' disciples. Even though he had the religious education and Jewish pedigree to silence his rivals, he preferred to acknowledge the areas of his weakness where God had triumphed over his own limitations. Let's be careful today about examining and determining the ministry-worth of someone based on his or her resume. Instead, let's look for people in whom God's grace has triumphed.

Prayer
Almighty and loving Father, thank you for sustaining and enabling me to serve you in ways I would never have dreamed of doing. Please help me serve you faithfully as I depend upon your grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 22 Jan 2013 - 12:54

Today's Verse for 01/21/2013
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. — Romans 5:8

Thought
Interestingly, the Bible doesn't ever just say that God loves us. Instead, it says: "God demonstrated his love..." "In this is love, not that we loved God but that God loved us and gave..." "For God so loved the world that he gave..." Love is more than emotion or intention. True love, redemptive love, God-styled love is active; it does something. For us, Jesus did more than something; he sacrificed everything. What's more, he did it when we most needed it. He demonstrated his love when we were sinners!

Prayer
Father, thank you for loving me. I love you. I love you for what you've done. I love you for who you are. I love you for your promises. I love you for your faithfulness. Most of all, dear Father, I love you because of Jesus who showed me just how much you love me. Please empower me to show my love by serving and giving to others as Jesus did. In his name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 21 Jan 2013 - 23:13

Today's Verse for 01/20/2013
You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. — Romans 5:6-7

Thought
Christ died for the ungodly. Christ died for me. Without his sacrificial death, without God's grace, I am powerless to save myself or make myself righteous. Jesus did for me what I could not do and paid off my debt to sin which I could not pay. He did it for me; not because I was good enough to be worthy of his death, but because I couldn't be worthy without him.

Prayer
Loving God, thank you. Sacrificial Savior, I praise you. Words cannot express my thanks for the gift of your grace that cost so much and yet means so much to me. All honor, glory, and praise to my Father who sits on the throne and my Lord Jesus who went to the cross and in whose name I offer my thanks. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 20 Jan 2013 - 10:45

Today's Verse for 01/19/2013
And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. — Romans 5:5

Thought
Hope has become such a "wimpy" term in modern vocabulary. It hardly qualifies as an adequate translation of the meaning in most New Testament passages. Hope is the assurance that what we believe will happen. We could call it spiritual confidence. We have that spiritual confidence because more than just a wish, more than just an emotion, more than just a belief rests in our heart; God himself lives in us through his Holy Spirit. When we become Christians, Jesus pours out the Spirit upon us (Titus 3:3-7) as God's gift to us (Acts 2:38; 5:32) to cleanse us (1 Cor. 6:11), make us part of the same Body (1 Cor. 12:12-13), and live inside us (1 Cor. 6:19-20). Paul adds one more thing to that list of blessings from God's presence within us -- God's love. We don't just have it; God keeps refreshing it through the Holy Spirit, just as Jesus had promised (John 7:37-39).

Prayer
Holy and Almighty God, awesome in power and majestic in holiness, thank you for not only coming to us in Jesus, but thank you also for living in us through your Spirit. Please pour your love into my heart so that the fruit of your grace may flow from me to those around me and everyone around me will know of your grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Today's Verse for 01/18/2013
Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. — Romans 5:3-4

Thought
What are you living to produce in your life? Wealth, fame, status, significance, a legacy? How about character! Isn't having the character of God our real goal in life? So even in our worst of times, if we can be people of character, then nothing can steal from us our most desired goal, the character of God, given us in Jesus Christ.

Prayer
Dear Father, please bless me so that I can be strong in difficult times and consistent in holy character. Please give me a heart of courage and compassion so that I can more nearly remind others in some small way, what you are like and what you can do in their lives. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 18 Jan 2013 - 23:58

Today's Verse for 01/17/2013
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. — Romans 5:1-2

Thought
Justified, peace, access, grace, hope, and glory -- what a wonderful collection of gifts! Each of these gifts are ours because of One -- One reason, One person, and One Lord: Jesus Christ, the Son of God and our Savior.

Prayer
I praise you, Lord Jesus, for all that you've done to bless me with your salvation. I praise you, dear Lord, for your promise to return and invite me to share in your glory. Speed that day and purify me for your service. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 27 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum