» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 2 EmptyToday at 12:29 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 2 EmptyToday at 12:28 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 2 EmptyToday at 12:27 pm by Admin

» The Mark started implants in their hands to replace cash, credit cards
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 2 EmptyToday at 11:52 am by Admin

» BIRTH PANGS – Series of Powerful Earthquakes Volcano's Strike Around the Globe
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 2 EmptyToday at 9:47 am by Admin

» ENDTIME HEADLINES
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 2 EmptyToday at 9:40 am by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 2 EmptyToday at 12:07 am by Admin

» Delrifkah: HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY.
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:14 pm by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:13 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:12 pm by Admin

» My Manna
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:10 pm by Admin

» GOSPEL FROM ASIA
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:09 pm by Admin

» Another Look at Footwashing
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:47 pm by Admin

» 12 Proverbs to Start Memorizing Today
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:22 pm by Admin

» Rare Footage of President Ronald Reagan Speaking the Gospel
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:58 pm by Admin

» PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:56 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL VIDEO'S
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:25 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

VERSE from HEARTLIGHT

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Go down

VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 2 Empty Re: VERSE from HEARTLIGHT

Post  Admin on Thu 17 Jan 2013, 12:09 pm

Today's Verse for 01/15/2013
For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations. — Psalm 100:5

Thought
I usually "speed read" through the 'begats&# 39; (you know, through the genealogies in the Bible). But, let's take time today to go back and read Matthew 1:1-17 and be reminded that God's love, mercy, and faithfulness not only continued through all of those generations, but also blessed and nurtured each of those generations. As he has done in the past, God will do so even more in the days ahead as we await the glorious return of his Son and our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.

Prayer
In a world of change and undependability, thank you, dear Father, for being sure, steadfast, and faithful. In a time when everyone seems to want something from me or out of me, thank you, dear Father, for repeatedly and consistently blessing me. Thank you for being more enduring than the mountains and more glorious than the most beautiful sunrise. In the name of Jesus, your Son and my glory. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware. You can email questions or comments to phil@heartlight.org.
Admin
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 15 Jan 2013, 9:18 pm

Today's Verse for 01/14/2013
Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. — Psalm 100:4

Thought
Clearly this exhortation comes from the days of God's physical Temple in Jerusalem. Let's also remember that for us, God's New Covenant people, God's Temple is the church (1 Cor. 3:16) and our own bodies (1 Cor. 6:19). Let's value and celebrate with joy our church family. Let's also glorify God with our bodies! Let's give thanks and praise God's name in public, in private, and in community.

Prayer
Father, I enter into the most holy place and approach you because of the sacrifice of Jesus. I am thrilled to know you listen. I am overjoyed to know you welcome me. I am glad to be with you and to let you know how much I appreciate all that you have done for me. Thank you for meeting me in this place of prayer until I can come home to you and meet you face to face. In Jesus' name. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware. You can email questions or comments to phil@heartlight.org.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 14 Jan 2013, 10:54 pm

Today's Verse for 01/14/2013
Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. — Psalm 100:4

Thought
Clearly this exhortation comes from the days of God's physical Temple in Jerusalem. Let's also remember that for us, God's New Covenant people, God's Temple is the church (1 Cor. 3:16) and our own bodies (1 Cor. 6:19). Let's value and celebrate with joy our church family. Let's also glorify God with our bodies! Let's give thanks and praise God's name in public, in private, and in community.

Prayer
Father, I enter into the most holy place and approach you because of the sacrifice of Jesus. I am thrilled to know you listen. I am overjoyed to know you welcome me. I am glad to be with you and to let you know how much I appreciate all that you have done for me. Thank you for meeting me in this place of prayer until I can come home to you and meet you face to face. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 13 Jan 2013, 6:58 pm

Today's Verse for 01/13/2013
Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. — Psalm 100:3

Thought
God made us. While we were in our mother's womb, he made us with his loving care with a purpose for life and a promise to be with us every step of the way. God cares for us, much better than even the very best shepherd cares for his sheep. So let's live as those who know our Leader, Creator, and King! Let's display his character, share his grace, extend his mercy, and offer his forgiveness. Let's show that we are his!

Prayer
I am truly thankful, dear LORD, that you are God. Thank you for being my Shepherd, my Father, and my Hero. Please help me genuinely display your character and kindness to those around me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Today's Verse for 01/12/2013
Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. — Psalm 100:2

Thought
Let's not be limited to church-house singing or sanctuary joy. Let's make today a day we listen to Christian music as we sing our thanks and praise to God.

Prayer
Dear Father in heaven, thank you so much for giving us, your human creation, the gift of music. Thank you for all those who write and share songs of praise that bring such joy to my heart. Please be pleased with my praise, as I listen and sing to show my love for you, and my heartfelt thanks for all of the blessings you have lavished upon me. In Jesus' name I thank you. Amen.

Today's Verse for 01/11/2013
Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth. — Psalm 100:1

Thought
With joy, let's praise and make a joyful noise to the LORD of lords and the King of kings today. Let's find short moments during our day, seize them, and use them to give thanks and praise to our Father in heaven. When we are blessed, let's take a moment and pause for praise. In every good thing, let's share a phrase of praise to our gracious Father.

Prayer
Loving and tender Father, God of mercy and might, I find it absolutely incredible that you let me know you, the awesome and holy Creator. You are so gracious to listen to me, one of your creatures. Your mercy has saved me; I praise you! Your love has remade me; I thank you. Your strength has given me power to change; I appreciate you. You are wonderful, dear Father, and I love you with all of my heart. I praise you in the name of Jesus, your greatest gift. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 12 Jan 2013, 1:08 am

Today's Verse for 01/10/2013
In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps. — Proverbs 16:9
Thought
We're now a week-and-a-half into a new year. How are you doing with those changes and commitments you made for the new year? Don't give up or quit on them... even if you're having trouble staying on track. But, let's remember that the only real commitment for this year that is absolutely necessary to keep is that we ask the Lord where he wants us to go and what he wants us to do, then we go there and do it.

Prayer
Holy God, Almighty LORD, Abba Father, thank you for being wondrous, holy, and mighty. Thank you for also caring about me, my life, my decisions, and my struggles. Please guide me by your Spirit so that I can understand your Word and discern your will for my life. I want to have you fully direct my steps. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Today's Verse for 01/09/2013
Stop trusting in man, who has but a breath in his nostrils. Of what account is he? — Isaiah 2:22

Thought
"If only I had a friend." "If only my father hadn't left." "If only she was more supportive." "If only..." People can fail us, but we still pin so many of our hopes on them. They are fallible and mortal just like we are. So while we are involved in the lives of other people, let's also remember to keep our hopes connected to the Son of God, who "defeated death and brought immortality and life to light" and who will "never leave or forsake" us.

Prayer
Forgive, dear Father, when I have pinned my well-being and happiness on being accepted by a certain group or loved by a certain person. I know my only lasting hope is found in Jesus, in whose name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 08 Jan 2013, 11:01 pm

Today's Verse for 01/08/2013
The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him... — Lamentations 3:25

Thought
Out of the ashes of Jerusalem' s destruction and the disaster that befell God's people because of their repeated disobedience comes this reminder of truth. Those who wait patiently, who hope fervently, in the LORD will find what their soul most needs!

Prayer
Give me patience and faith, O God, for the times when life is hard and everything seems to go against me. I believe that you are good to those who persevere, waiting patiently in hope for your mighty deliverance. Dear Father, please give me such strength because I not only want to receive your blessing, but I also want to bring you honor. In the name of your Son, Jesus, I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 07 Jan 2013, 9:55 pm

Today's Verse for 01/07/2013
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. — Lamentations 3:22-23

Thought
What sustained you through the night? What will get you through today? What will enable you to achieve, even thrive, in the days that lie ahead? The LORD's mercies. These incredible resources never really run out! Each new day brings a fresh supply of them. God is faithful to make sure we have them each day. Praise be to God for making our world new and clean each new day.

Prayer
Thank you, holy God and loving Father, for sustaining me through the night and promising me endless day at the end of my life's journey. May you, my Father in heaven, find love and praise on my lips and in my heart at all times. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 06 Jan 2013, 11:40 pm

Today's Verse for 01/06/2013
I will sing to the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live. May my meditation be pleasing to him, as I rejoice in the LORD. — Psalm 104:33-34

Thought
Do you sing in the shower? What words are on your lips? Singing is such a wonderful gift! First, it is a gift from God to us, to help us express our joy, excitement, sorrow, and victory. Second, it is a gift from us to God, to help us communicate our respect, appreciation, love, and confidence in God. So let's sing, praising God for what he has done, proclaiming what he will do, and sharing what he is currently doing in our lives!

Prayer
O God, Father in heaven, even your name is holy. Please exert your will over my heart, and the hearts of those in our world, so it more closely reflects your holy character. I trust you, dear LORD, for the food I need each day. I ask you, Holy Father, to forgive me as I release my bitterness and anger which I have held against those who have wounded me. Empower me, O God, to resist the temptations and deceptions of the Evil One. Please make my life a glorious witness to your grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 06 Jan 2013, 3:49 pm

Today's Verse for 01/05/2013
My soul yearns for you in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for you. — Isaiah 26:9

Thought
When a young couple in love is apart, they long to be with each other again. When a parent is separated from his or her child, the parent misses the child intensely. When a spouse can no longer be with a long time marriage partner because of disease, death, or divorce, that person's soul can ache to be reunited to the one they have loved. Do you recognize your spirit aching to be with God? Do you end each day and begin the next longing to be in the presence of God? Let's recognize our God-hunger and not only satisfy it by spending time in his presence, but let's also communicate our desire, affection, and need for the presence of our heavenly Father in our lives.

Prayer
Holy and righteous Father, I do ache to be in your presence. I know the piece of my soul that sometimes I feel is missing can only be found in you. Please, dear Father, be very real and present to me in my life today. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Today's Verse for 01/04/2013
...and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. — Ephesians 4:24

Thought
One of the biggest decisions we face at the beginning of each day is what we will wear. Well, no matter what we choose in the way of clothing, let's make sure we choose to put on the new person God re-made us to be when we became Christians (Galatians 3:26-27). Those are the only clothes that will fit us eternally!

Prayer
Dear Father, may people see the character and likeness of Jesus in me today. Lord Jesus, in your name I ask that you please guide my decisions and help me know how you would have me act in the situations I face today. Precious and powerful Holy Spirit, please fill me and continue your work in transforming me. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 05 Jan 2013, 12:42 am

Today's Verse for 01/03/2013
...be made new in the attitude of your minds... — Ephesians 4:23

Thought
We cannot renew ourselves on our own. We can guard ourselves from corrupting influences. We can offer ourselves to God and come to better discern his will (Romans 12:1-2). Ultimately, however, God himself must do the renewing, not just when we are saved, but daily. Only God's grace can sustain, empower, and renew us. Let's offer ourselves to him. Then, let's confidently ask for his grace to empower, perfect, and renew us!

Prayer
Father, I come to you asking for your grace to make me new in the way I look at things, especially how I view people. Please cleanse my heart and make me new in my mind and my spirit. I want to live each day of this coming year sharing your love, empowered by your Spirit, and aware of your grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 03 Jan 2013, 4:12 pm

Verse for 01/02/2013
You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires.... — Ephesians 4:22

Thought
That's a tough one, isn't it?! We each surrendered our heart to God and our old self was crucified with Christ when we became Christians (cf. Rom. 6:6). Jesus reminds us that this surrender is something each of us should do daily (cf. Luk! e 9:23). We need to put the old sinful life aside every day and choose to live for Jesus in response to God's grace. As we begin this new year, let's make it our spiritual habit to consciously offer ourselves to the lordship of Jesus each day.

Prayer
Holy and Almighty LORD, my Father in heaven, I want to honor you and ignore the temptations of Satan. Please empower me with your Spirit and capture my heart with your grace as I seek to live each day for you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 01 Jan 2013, 9:07 pm

Today's Verse for 01/01/2013
There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the LORD. — Proverbs 21:30

Thought
No matter how fresh the start nor how great the plans we have made, if we do not walk with God, the coming year will not be a spiritual success. As we receive this gift of a new year, let's commit to serve the Lord. As we make plans for the coming days ahead, let's make sure that those plans are made based on the LORD's revealed will in Scripture and prayerful consideration of what our God wants us to accomplish.

Prayer
God of the ages, my Father in heaven, thank you for being very near as I start on a new year. Please help me know your will each day. Bring the people into my life who will help me love you more, serve you effectively, and bless others in meaningful ways. To you be all the honor and glory in what I do, think, and say in the days ahead. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 01 Jan 2013, 12:01 am

Today's Verse for 12/31/2012
But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well. — Luke 12:31

Thought
As you stand at the end of one year and look over tomorrow into the beginning of a new one, please remember that before the resolutions are made and broken, and before this year has come to an end, declare to the Lord and in your hearts, "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord..." (Joshua 24:15b) as our first priority!

Prayer
As I conclude this year and begin another, I pray that you will help me keep my eyes on Jesus, dear Father, and my heart focused on your will. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 30 Dec 2012, 3:35 pm

Today's Verse for 12/29/2012
"Or again, how can anyone enter a strong man's house and carry off his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man? Then he can rob his house." - Matthew 12:29
Share on Facebook | Discuss this Verse

Thought
Praise God! Jesus broke into the Strong Man's house. He overpowered him and bound him. And, what did he bring out of the Strong Man's house? Buried treasure, of course! And that treasure is us!!

Prayer
Thank you, Lord Jesus, for rescuing me from the dominion of darkness and ushering me into your victorious Kingdom of Light! Amen.

Today's Verse for 12/28/2012
Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our "God is a consuming fire."
- Hebrews 12:28-29

Thought
Every earth-made empire will eventually topple. Every man-made structure will decay and fall. God, however, has given us a kingdom that can't rust, spoil, or fade, kept in heaven for us. It won't rot or ruin and no thief can break in and steal it away.

Prayer
All praise and adoration be yours, O great King of the Ages. Thank you for giving me a place in your incomparable, indestructible, and unconquerable Kingdom. In Jesus' name I praise you. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 27 Dec 2012, 8:28 pm

Today's Verse for 12/27/2012
Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. - 1 Corinthians 12:27

Thought
What part of the Body are you? What's your function, your purpose? How are you blessing others in the Body of Christ? Who is someone in the Body who does a great deal of service to others who needs your encouragement and praise? Who is someone who feels neglected and lonely who needs your love to be shown to him or her?

Prayer
Father, thank you for making me a part of something so precious, so awesome, as the bodily presence of the Lord. Please help each person in our church family to find his or her gifts of service and to use those gifts in ways that touch others with your grace and that bring you glory. In Jesus' name. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware. You can email questions or comments to phil@heartlight.org
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 27 Dec 2012, 12:55 am

Today's Verse for 12/26/2012
Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me. — John 12:26

Thought
We can't out serve, out love, or out give Jesus. He longs to bless us. He longs to pour out heaven's riches and grace upon us. Even more incredibly, he longs to honor us. When our lives are over, God the Father, LORD of the entire universe, will honor all who have served his Son and blessed others in Jesus' name! Unbelievable? No, just another example of God's incredible grace!

Prayer
Loving Father and Holy God, please help me follow the will of Jesus and serve others in his name. Father, I know that I cannot earn your grace, but I want to serve others in Jesus' name and help them find your grace. In the name of the Lord Jesus I pray. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware. You can email questions or comments to phil@heartlight. org.

Today's Verse Illustrated
© 1998-2012, Heartlight Inc.
Today's Verse for 12/25/2012
See to it that you do not refuse him who speaks. If they did not escape when they refused him who warned them on earth, how much less will we, if we turn away from him who warns us from heaven? — Hebrews 12:25

Thought
With the gift of Jesus comes an awesome responsibility: we must listen, follow, and honor him! If God demanded that his people obey his lesser messengers who were prophets or kings, what do you think the responsibility is for us to listen when he has emptied heaven of his Son's glory so that it might shine on us?

Prayer
Thank you, dear Father, for sending your Son and my Savior, Jesus. Please, dear LORD, I do not want to ever take that gift for granted. Please empower me and give me wisdom so that I can faithfully listen and serve Jesus, in whose name I pray. Amen.

Remember, Jesus is the reason for the season.
Merry Christmas
Today's Verse for 12/24/2012
I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. — John 12:24

Thought
Jesus announced this truth, recognizing that God was calling him to lay down his life so his followers could join him in glory. Sacrifice is never easy, but despite his disciples' lack of courage and faithfulness during his last hours, Jesus truly believed that his sacrifice would bring the best out in them, and then also lead them to share his grace and glory with many others. (It should do the same for us!) The very fact that we are thinking of Jesus today is proof that he was correct about his powerful impact on them and others that came after them.

Prayer
Thank you, Lord Jesus, for all that you did to ransom me from sin and death. Thank you for leaving heaven and living here among us. Thank you for being a person of compassion and character. Thank you for loving your own even though they abandoned you. Thank you for enduring the cross and entering death for me. I look forward to seeing you when you return with glory in the company of the angels. To you be all honor, glory, power, love, and praise. Amen.

Merry Christmas
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 24 Dec 2012, 11:59 am

Today's Verse for 12/23/2012
Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. — Luke 12:23

Thought
In the rush of the holiday season and the grab at getting and giving gifts, it is very important to remember that life is much more than even the most basic things we think we need. If we lose sight of God, his work and his will in our lives, then what do we have? Not much and it won't last long! My prayer for you, and for me, during this holiday season is that we are reminded of what is most important, most valuable, and most enduring.

Prayer
Sweet and precious God, almighty and awesome in glory, yet so near and so concerned about my heart, thank you for knowing and loving me with an everlasting love. Please give me the wisdom to see beyond the transitory things of life and find you and your sustaining presence. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Merry Christmas
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 22 Dec 2012, 9:06 pm

Today's Verse for 12/22/2012
For the sake of his great name the LORD will not reject his people, because the LORD was pleased to make you his own. — 1 Samuel 12:22

Thought
The great and holy God will not be unfaithful. In fact, he will act to show his character and honor his holy name, even when his people don't deserve his grace. Why God would love and preserve us and our great Israelite ancestors is nothing short of grace, love, and faithfulness.

Prayer
Holy and Righteous Father, your grace has not only saved me, but it sustains me even when Satan tries to use my own failures to make me doubt your love for me. Thank you for triumphing over my unworthiness and giving me righteousness so that I will be fit for your kingdom and glory. In Jesus' name I praise you. Amen.

Remember, Jesus is the reason
Today's Verse for 12/21/2012
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21

Thought
A friend used to remind me that the number one goal in dealing with difficult people or circumstances is this: Don't become what you hate. He wasn't talking about hating the person, but despising their evil, wicked, petty, and sinful actions and motivations. We don't overcome the Devil by underhanded and dishonorable means. We overcome evil, we drive it back into the abyss, by doing what is right and filling our hearts and lives with goodness.

Prayer
Holy God, please bless me with character as I resist those who are critical, cynical, and vengeful toward me. Please help me respond in a way that reflects the character and Lordship of Christ. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Merry Christmas
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 21 Dec 2012, 10:24 pm

Today's Verse for 12/20/2012
"Do not be afraid," Samuel replied [to the people of Israel]. "You have done all this evil; yet do not turn away from the LORD, but serve the LORD with all your heart." — 1 Samuel 12:20

Thought
Israel wanted a King. This crushed Samuel's heart and angered God with the people's lack of faith. Samuel, however, reminds them that while they have stumbled and fallen, they must not abandon the LORD himself. Instead, their political concerns must give way to their total allegiance to God and their willingness to serve him fully.

Prayer
Forgive me, dear Father, for the sinfulness, short-sightedness, and silliness that I have, at times, shown. I want to serve you with an undivided heart, cleansed by your forgiveness and the transforming power of your Holy Spirit. Thank you! In Jesus' name. Amen.

Merry Christmas
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 21 Dec 2012, 12:03 am

Today's Verse for 12/19/2012
Truthful lips endure forever, but a lying tongue lasts only a moment. — Proverbs 12:19

Thought
"Tell the truth the first time, then you won't have to remember what you said." This truism by the famous Speaker of the House, Sam Rayburn, is good medicine for us today. Telling a lie seems gratifying at the time, but it nearly always catches up with us and gives us the added burden of trying to remember what we said and why. Truth endures; a lie is a momentary illusion that ends up a trap filled with burdens.

Prayer
Holy and Righteous Father, please forgive me for lying, exaggerating, and withholding the truth when it is needed. I want my heart and my lips to be invested in forever. In the name of Jesus. Amen.

Remember, Jesus is the reason for the season. Merry Christmas
Today's Verse for 12/18/2012
But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. If they were all one part, where would the body be? As it is, there are many parts, but one body. — 1 Corinthians 12:18-20

Thought
The Apostle Paul reminds us that God assigns our roles in the Body of Christ. Several principles interact with God's choice. First, be faithful in what God has given you to do -- until we are faithful in/with little things, he will not entrust us with big ones (Luke 16:10-13). Second, if we don't use what he has given us, it will be taken away (Matt. 25:14-30). Third, we reap what we sow -- sinful or irresponsible behavior can create consequences that limit the effectiveness of our service (Gal. 6:7-8). Bottom line -- let's be faithful with what God has given us, let's serve him when given new opportunities, and let's honor him with our choices so that Satan cannot use our failure to interfere with our service!

Prayer
Dear Father and LORD of heaven and earth, please help me see my opportunities to serve in your Kingdom. Please grow my effectiveness in your service so that I can bring you glory and be a blessing to the Body of Christ. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Merry Christmas
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 19 Dec 2012, 1:38 pm

Today's Verse for 12/18/2012
But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. If they were all one part, where would the body be? As it is, there are many parts, but one body. — 1 Corinthians 12:18-20

Thought
The Apostle Paul reminds us that God assigns our roles in the Body of Christ. Several principles interact with God's choice. First, be faithful in what God has given you to do -- until we are faithful in/with little things, he will not entrust us with big ones (Luke 16:10-13). Second, if we don't use what he has given us, it will be taken away (Matt. 25:14-30). Third, we reap what we sow -- sinful or irresponsible behavior can create consequences that limit the effectiveness of our service (Gal. 6:7-8). Bottom line -- let's be faithful with what God has given us, let's serve him when given new opportunities, and let's honor him with our choices so that Satan cannot use our failure to interfere with our service!

Prayer
Dear Father and LORD of heaven and earth, please help me see my opportunities to serve in your Kingdom. Please grow my effectiveness in your service so that I can bring you glory and be a blessing to the Body of Christ. In Jesus' name. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware. You can email questions or comments to phil@heartlight. org.

Remember, Jesus is the reason
for the season.
Merry Christmas
Today's Verse for 12/17/2012
Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. — Romans 12:17-18

Thought
REDEMPTIVELY -- That's how Jesus lived! He sought to make a difference in the lives of others. His goal wasn't getting even, getting what was rightfully his, or even winning the arguments. His focus was to interact with people redemptively and to leave them more blessed than where he found them.

Prayer
Forgive me, O God, for the grudges I've harbored and the evil things I've thought about others. Help me to see and to value them as Jesus does. In his name I pray. Amen.

Merry Christmas
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 17 Dec 2012, 2:49 am

Today's Verse for 12/15/2012
Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. — Romans 12:15

Thought
While misery may love company, grief tends to make us withdraw and hide. Let's remember those who have lost loved ones, especially this time of year. Let them know how you valued their loved one and miss him or her, too. Please keep these folks in your prayers and in your social plans, as well. In addition, make this a season of true joy -- affirm others by rejoicing in their blessings.

Prayer
Holy God and comforting Father, please give me eyes to see and a heart to offer loving care to those around me who are grieving. During this special time of year, please use me to be a blessing to those in sorrow. In addition, dear God, help me to also encourage and support the joy of those who are rejoicing around me. In the name of Jesus Christ I pray. Amen.

Merry Christmas
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 15 Dec 2012, 11:41 pm

Today's Verse for 12/14/2012
Now the body is not made up of one part but of many. — 1 Corinthians 12:14
THOUGHT
The human body is an amazing collection of parts, members, vital organs, systems, and interdependent structures. When the body is healthy and these different elements of the body work in concert with one another, the human body can do amazing things. The same is true with the Body of Christ! As long as we do our part and offer it for the good of the whole, Christ can do amazing things through us!

Prayer
Holy and loving Father, please help me know my place in the Body of Christ so that I can serve faithfully and productively and bring glory to the Lord and his Body. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Merry Christmas
Today's Verse for 12/13/2012
For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body--whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free--and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. — 1 Corinthians 12:13

Thought
What makes us family? In God's family, the Holy Spirit makes us one. The Spirit is not only God's presence and power in us, but the Spirit is also God's spiritual DNA that connects us to each other and to our Father. This spiritual bond transcends human family, race, nationality, gender, and any other human barrier. The Spirit's presence ensures that we are God's children and function as Jesus' Body here on earth.

Prayer
Thank you, dear Father, for the gift of the Holy Spirit. Thank you for making my body a place that is a holy dwelling place for your presence in the Holy Spirit. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for pouring out the Spirit and making me new. Now I ask dear Father, that the blessed Holy Spirit continue to work in my heart to tear down any wall of prejudice that may exist toward any of my brothers and sisters in Christ, and it is in his name that I pray. Amen.

Merry Christmas
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 13 Dec 2012, 10:17 pm

Today's Verse for 12/12/2012
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. — Romans 12:12

Thought
How can we keep our circumstances from determining our mood? How can we emancipate ourselves from the limitations that life deals us? The last in the trio of commandments opens the door for the other two to be true -- we can rejoice in hope and we can be patient in affliction because we have been faithful in prayer. No matter what our situation is, we can pray with joy because of our hope in Christ no matter what our current situation is. We can remain patient, persevering through affliction, by presenting our requests and intercessions to God with thanksgiving. Prayer is God's gift to us so that we can be patient and joyful, even when things don't appear to be going well.

Prayer
Father, I thank you, because no matter what struggles I face, you assure me of ultimate victory. I thank you, dear God, because no matter the hardship or burden, I know you will help me through it and bring me to your presence with great joy. Until that day of ultimate victorious joy, please ransom my heart from discouragement by the power of your Holy Spirit. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Merry Christmas
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 12 Dec 2012, 11:44 pm

Today's Verse for 12/11/2012
Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. — Romans 12:11

Thought
Jesus made it clear that God wants us to be passionate about our Christian life. "I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm - neither hot nor cold - I am about to spit you out of my mouth." (Rev. 3:15-16) Let's live passionately for the Lord!

Prayer
Holy LORD and King of the Ages, I confess that I have not been on fire for you as often as I would have liked. Please kindle in me a renewed zeal and passion for you and your work in the world. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Merry Christmas
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum: