Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 115 on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 3:20 pm
Latest topics
» PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 4 EmptyToday at 6:20 pm by Admin

»  KEEP OUT ISIS Bride Shamima Begum's Husband has been banned from Britain and is seen as a National Security Risk.
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 4 EmptyToday at 6:15 pm by Admin

» servant @ TWO LISTENERS
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 4 EmptyToday at 5:57 pm by Admin

» Islamic law is adopted by British legal chiefs
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 4 EmptyToday at 2:51 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 4 EmptyToday at 2:01 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 4 EmptyToday at 12:49 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 4 EmptyToday at 12:46 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 4 EmptyToday at 12:45 pm by Admin

» BIRTH PANGS – Series of Powerful Earthquakes Volcano's Strike Around the Globe
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 4 EmptyToday at 10:06 am by Admin

» ENDTIME HEADLINES
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 4 EmptyToday at 9:52 am by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» BREITBART NEWS
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 9:57 pm by Admin

» Delrifkah: HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY.
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 4:39 pm by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 4:36 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 4:07 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 4:03 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 4:00 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL VIDEO'S VARIOUS COVERAGES
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 3:16 pm by Admin

» WORLD ISRAEL NEWS
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 2:05 pm by Admin

» Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge Inspirational
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 2:03 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

VERSE from HEARTLIGHT

Page 4 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 27  Next

Go down

VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 4 Empty Re: VERSE from HEARTLIGHT

Post  Admin on Tue 06 Nov 2012, 6:53 pm

Today's Verse for 11/04/2012
Wealth is worthless in the day of wrath, but righteousness delivers from death. — Proverbs 11:4

Thought
What is your primary investment? Only righteousness offers a truly long-term benefit!

Prayer
Holy God, thank you for valuing what is good, holy, and righteous. I praise you for empowering me to develop those qualities in my character. In Jesus' name. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware. You can email questions or comments to phil@heartlight.org.
© 1998-2012, Heartlight Inc.
Admin
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 04 Nov 2012, 11:31 pm

Today's Verse for 11/03/2012
By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible. — Hebrews 11:3

Thought
Where did it all come from? Where did matter, energy, and time come from? How did our universe come to possess order and structure, when all we know about our existence moves to decay, disorder, and death? By faith, we know it came from the articulated design of our Heavenly Father!

Prayer
Thank you, dear God, for the wonderful world that you made. Thank you for the principles of order that govern our world and help us understand it. My heart soars at the variety and majesty of your creation. In Jesus' name. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware. You can email questions or comments to phil@heartlight.org.

Today's Verse Illustrated
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 03 Nov 2012, 4:48 pm

Today's Verse for 11/02/2012
He said to them, "When you pray, say: "'Father, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come. Give us each day our daily bread. Forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us. And lead us not into temptation.' " — Luke 11:2-4

Thought
Rather than long, ornate, and lofty prayers, God wants us to approach him as Father, and speak with him about the most basic everyday issues of our lives!

Prayer
Dear Father, thank you for being a holy God who is also near. Please do your will in my life and use me to your glory. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 01 Nov 2012, 8:10 pm

Today's Verse for 11/01/2012
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. — Hebrews 11:1

Thought
"I believe, but help my unbelief!" That's what the father of the boy with convulsions said to Jesus (Mark 5). This must sometimes be our prayer, too. As we look at the great heroes of faith in Hebrews 11, we know this must have been their prayer as well. Their faith wasn't always perfect. Their trust wasn't always mature. But, they stayed at it; they believed and acted with a relentless assurance that somehow, some way, God would act and deliver. Let's stay at it with that kind of faith, too!

Prayer
Dear God, I believe, but help my unbelief. Please mature and empower my faith so that my life will be a steadfast and consistent testimony to your presence and grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Today's Verse for 10/31/2012
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. — 1 Corinthians 10:31

Thought
As humans, we are often quick to quibble over things we feel are important to us when others don't share our enthusiasm -- especially food, holidays, and special events. This problem is often more a sign of insecurity than it is a mark of sincerity. We are to do what we do based on our commitment to honor the Lord, not because others do it or approve of it. At the same time, we want to be careful about judging others for what they do or do not celebrate, eat, or drink. The bottom line when judging such things: Can we do it to honor the Lord?

Prayer
Holy and Righteous Father, forgive my foolishness and silliness. I find myself getting so worked up over meaningless things and forgetting to keep my focus on the matters and people that are important to you. May all I do today, and every day, be done as a conscious decision to honor you and bring you respect. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 29 Oct 2012, 11:43 pm

Today's Verse for 10/29/2012
How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? — Hebrews 10:29

Thought
We often look at the swift and dramatic discipline and punishment God used with his people in the Old Testament and are struck by its severity. The Holy Spirit reminds us that while this is true, to spurn grace and ridicule the sacrificial death of Jesus are actions all the more worthy of God's punishment. Grace is incredible. It is marvelous. But to reject it, to reject Jesus and all that he did to bring it, is to court disaster and reject any source of true grace.

Prayer
Holy and righteous Father, thank you so much for your painful and costly gift of grace. Please empower me to be a carrier of that grace to others. Give me the ability to share it in all its loveliness so others can know your salvation and not face your justice after having rejected your gracious gift of Jesus in whose name I pray. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware. You can email questions or comments to phil@heartlight.org.© 1998-2012, Heartlight Inc
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 28 Oct 2012, 11:50 pm

Today's Verse for 10/28/2012
The prospect of the righteous is joy, but the hopes of the wicked come to nothing. — Proverbs 10:28

Thought
Good news! When we seek righteousness, justice, holiness, mercy, and godliness, our future is full of joy. Don't let the darkness around you steal away the glorious dawn of joy that even now has begun to appear.

Prayer
Father, please forgive me for the times I've grown depressed and melancholy over the condition of my world and culture. Thank you, dear Father, for the promise of victory and of glorious blessings that lie ahead. Please help me keep my eyes on your victory. In Jesus' name. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware. You can email questions or comments to [email=phil@heartlight]phil@heartlight[/email]. org.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 27 Oct 2012, 2:28 pm

Today's Verse for 10/27/2012
But some troublemakers said, "How can this fellow [Saul] save us?" They despised him and brought him no gifts. But Saul kept silent. — 1 Samuel 10:27

Thought
Some folks didn't want Saul to serve them as King because of his simple background and non-aristocratic family history. So often, we tend to do the same thing today -- label people and discount their ability to lead God's people or serve in God's Kingdom because of their heritage or past. God, however, doesn't look at a person's pedigree. He searches the heart. So, dear leader, please stick close to the Lord, because you will be criticized. But please, don't react to every little criticism; instead, devote yourself to serving the LORD boldly.
Prayer
Dear God, please forgive me for the times I doubted your selection of leaders. Please give me, along with my congregation, the ability to discern who your leaders are in our midst. Please give them the courage to lead unselfishly and faithfully. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Today's Verse for 10/26/2012
The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it. — 1 Corinthians 10:26

Thought
When we talk about giving to God, or to the work of God, we must remember that it is all his. He doesn't need our gifts to do his work. On the other hand, we do need to share the blessings he has entrusted to us. What we 'have' isn't really ours; it's all his, entrusted to us to be put into useful service to others for God's work and God's glory.

Prayer
Almighty God and Creator of the universe, I praise your creative genius revealed through the incredible variety found in your creation. Please be with us, your human children, as we seek to be faithful stewards of this wonderful gift. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Today's Verse for 10/25/2012
Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another -- and all the more as you see the Day approaching. — Hebrews 10:25
Thought
Going to church for most folks just isn't very attractive. But, that shouldn't surprise us. Doing things as an act of discipline isn't very popular. Doing things for others isn't seen as something necessary. The Holy Spirit's message, however, reminds us that we need to go to be with God's people because they need us -- to encourage and to motivate THEM! In fact, I think the Lord would prefer us to think of it as "being" church rather than "going" to church.

Prayer
Father, please bless the group of Christians with whom I regularly meet. Bless them through my words, attitude, and influence as we join together to honor you and encourage each other. Thank you for giving me people with whom I can share my journey home to you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

© 1998-2012, Heartlight Inc
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 25 Oct 2012, 9:00 pm

Today's Verse for 10/24/2012
Correct me, LORD, but only with justice-- not in your anger, lest you reduce me to nothing. Jeremiah 10:24

Thought
I love a request that a good friend regularly makes of the Lord: "Humble me gently, Father." Transformation is hard work and requires even more patience on God's part than it does on our part. We thank God for his grace which lets us admit our sin and yet still come into his holy and awesome presence. Thankfully he doesn't treat us as we deserve, but as we need (cf. Psalm 103).

Prayer
Dear God, I sin. I don't like it that I do, but I still find myself succumbing to some of my long-standing weaknesses. Please correct me and put me on the path of righteousness. Even more than wanting to please you, I want to honor you, so please, gently and consistently rid my heart of duplicity, deceit, and spiritual weakness. Nurture me in holiness. Change me to be more like Christ the Lord. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 24 Oct 2012, 10:15 pm

Today's Verse for 10/23/2012
"Everything is permissible" --but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible" --but not everything is constructive. Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. — 1 Corinthians 10:23-24

Thought
Freedom is a wonderful gift! Freedom in Christ is greater than any other kind of freedom. God entrusts it to us. But, we don't want to use our freedom to impinge on someone else's freedom. We don't want our liberty to cause others to sin or to lose sight of Christ. So let's use our freedom wisely and redemptively!

Prayer
Precious God and Almighty Father, thank you for the very many gifts you have poured into my life. I want to especially thank you for my spiritual freedom. Empower me to use it to bless others and build them up, rather than bringing glory to myself. Please help me see others as the place of your work in the world. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen..

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 23 Oct 2012, 9:55 pm

Today's Verse for 10/22/2012
All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved. — Matthew 10:22

Thought
Jesus' words are very strong! His emphasis is for a reason. Christians need to realize that they are not going to be the dominant culture. Discipleship can be hard and demanding; most folks want things simple and easy. The values that disciples are called to put into place in their lives are not going to be the dominant cultural ones. "So be ready!" Jesus is telling us. "Be ready to face criticism and rejection." But while we know it may be an uphill battle to change the hearts of men and women, we can be God's tool to bless others and to lead them closer to him! And for us, salvation in all its glory awaits us at the end of the journey.

Prayer
Forgive me, please dear Father, for the times I have grown impatient with the world around and started seeing it as the enemy rather than as the target of your grace. Please give me the wisdom and the courage to balance my understanding of the world with your passion to redeem it. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 21 Oct 2012, 6:45 pm

Today's Verse for 10/21/2012
He is your praise; he is your God, who performed for you those great and awesome wonders you saw with your own eyes. — Deuteronomy 10:21

Thought
He is our praise! The God who parted the Red Sea and supplied manna to the Israelites in the wilderness is also the God who did the most amazing miracles in us -- he has turned our selfish hearts to do his will and turned our lives to do his eternal work in the world. Then, after doing those things in us, he has gifted us and empowered us to do those things he has placed in our hearts. He is our praise, the One we worship and the One who makes us worthy worshippers!

Prayer
You are worthy, Abba Father, of all glory, honor, and praise. You have done great and mighty works through the history of your people, Israel -- most of whom were everyday people. Thank you for using me to do your work in my world as well. I praise you, dear Father, for using everyday folks to do your eternal work. In the name of Jesus, my brother and King, I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 20 Oct 2012, 11:09 pm

Today's Verse for 10/19/2012
When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise. — Proverbs 10:19

Thought
We are constantly filling our world with noise. If it is not the sound of our own voices, then turn up some other noise to fill the silence. With the proliferation of radio talk shows, we are even given the opportunity to sound off to that noise. Unfortunately, quite often we say things that are harmful, hurtful, or foolish. God's wisdom reminds us to learn to hold our tongue and let silence rule over more of our time rather than the noisy words that so often clutter our world.

Prayer
Holy God, please give me more wisdom so that I can keep my mouth shut more often and my ears more attentive to the needs of others. Purify my heart and cleanse my speech so that it will be helpful to others and bring glory to you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware. You can email questions or comments to [email=phil@heartlight]phil@heartlight[/email]. org.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 19 Oct 2012, 8:31 pm

Today's Verse for 10/18/2012
If a man is lazy, the rafters sag; if his hands are idle, the house leaks. — Ecclesiastes 10:18

Thought
Laziness is not just an attitude, it is a lack of action. It is a choice to let important matters suffer neglect. While the results of this choice may not always be evident, over the passage of time, the basic results of idleness are borne out by the accumulating signs of decay and destruction.

Prayer
Stir in me, dear Heavenly Father, a passion to do what is true and good and righteous. Convict my heart when I neglect what is important. Please help me discern the difference between laziness and a genuine need for rest and to balance my life between my many responsibilities. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Today's Verse for 10/17/2012
He who heeds discipline shows the way to life, but whoever ignores correction leads others astray. — Proverbs 10:17

Thought
God has given each of us a circle of influence, a place where our lives impact others for either good or ill. In much the same way, each of us is also influenced by others, some of whom can help us see and overcome our problems and shortcomings. However, if we reject or snub discipline and correction, we not only harm ourselves, but we lead others astray. The choices we make don't determine just our destination; they also greatly impact others!

Prayer
Dear God, please forgive my foolish arrogance and my lazy indifference to your truth and wisdom. I am humbled by the knowledge that you have made my life significant to others. Please empower me to use that influence to gently and humbly lead them in the way of your truth. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 16 Oct 2012, 5:05 pm

Today's Verse for 10/16/2012
Is not the cup of thanksgiving for which we give thanks a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ? — 1 Corinthians 10:16

Thought
The Apostle Paul makes clear that the heart of the Gospel is found in the death, burial, resurrection, and appearances of Jesus (1 Cor. 15:1-8). The Lord's Supper, Communion or Eucharist as it is sometimes called, is a key part of our walk with Christ. It is a time where we proclaim the story of the Gospel (cf. 1 Cor. 11:26). But, it is more than a time of proclamation; it is a time of participation. We share in the supper with each other and with Christ. This participation revitalizes us in our walk with the Savior and helps us re-live his saving death and resurrection.

Prayer
Holy God and loving Father, thank you for giving me the Lord's Supper. It is such a beautiful and convicting reminder of the tremendous cost Jesus paid for my sin. It is such a beautiful reminder of the love you have for me and the ransom paid to set me free from sin and death. Thank you for inviting me to share in the holy sacrifice of your Son and my Savior. May I never take it for granted or misuse this precious gift to me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 15 Oct 2012, 9:31 pm

Today's Verse for 10/14/2012
To the LORD your God belong the heavens, even the highest heavens, the earth and everything in it. — Deuteronomy 10:14

Thought
It's all his. The multifaceted and creative side of God's nature is revealed in the astounding beauty that he has made. Let's use this gift wisely. Let's remember that it is not our world, but God's world. All the people in this world are precious to him. Let's help them know just how precious they are!

Prayer
Lord God Almighty, the Father who adopted me into his family, thank you for your majesty and might that have been channeled to be such a blessing to me and to other mortals like me. Please accept my gifts of talent, time, and treasure as I seek to honor you for your gifts and thank you for your grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 14 Oct 2012, 6:50 pm

Today's Verse for 10/14/2012
To the LORD your God belong the heavens, even the highest heavens, the earth and everything in it. — Deuteronomy 10:14

Thought
It's all his. The multifaceted and creative side of God's nature is revealed in the astounding beauty that he has made. Let's use this gift wisely. Let's remember that it is not our world, but God's world. All the people in this world are precious to him. Let's help them know just how precious they are!

Prayer
Lord God Almighty, the Father who adopted me into his family, thank you for your majesty and might that have been channeled to be such a blessing to me and to other mortals like me. Please accept my gifts of talent, time, and treasure as I seek to honor you for your gifts and thank you for your grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 13 Oct 2012, 8:08 pm

Today's Verse for 10/13/2012
No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. — 1 Corinthians 10:13

Thought
In the face of temptation, God has promised us two things: (1) a way out, and (2) the power to stand up under trial. Can we truly believe this? Yes, of course, because Jesus demonstrated this power, God promised us this power, and we can look at brothers and sisters in Christ who have triumphed by this power! However, we must not think that the way out means that we are not going to face challenges, hardships, or difficulties. Character is produced by both refusing to give into the temptation and also refusing to give up during the challenges we face for remaining faithful. God will provide us a way out, but he is also interested in developing our holy character. Where the balance is between the two is God's work. Whether we choose to remain faithful is our work. (Romans 5:1-5; 1 Peter 1:7)

Prayer
Thank you, dear Father, for supplying me the way out of temptation and the power to face it victoriously. Please forgive me for the times that I have succumbed to temptation and sinned. Forgive me the times I have not wanted to find that open door of escape. Cleanse me and restore me to faithful and useful service to you and your Kingdom. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Today's Verse for 10/11/2012
I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. — John 10:11

Thought
Isn't it absolutely unbelievable that the Supreme God of the universe would love us so generously! Yet he has shown his love for us in the past through Jesus. He will dramatically show his love for us again when Jesus returns -- not to give his life for us, but to share his life with us! Come, sweet Shepherd, come!

Prayer
Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for revealing yourself to Israel as the Great Shepherd. Thank you for sending Jesus to be the Good Shepherd who sacrificed his life for me. Now please accept the commitment of my heart and the actions of my life to be a sacrifice of thanks and praise to you for all that you have done. In Jesus' name. Amen.

© 1998-2012, Heartlight Inc
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 12 Oct 2012, 9:53 am

Today's Verse for 10/10/2012
But the LORD is the true God; he is the living God, the eternal King... Jeremiah 10:10

Thought
There is only one true God. All others are false, mere pretenders to the throne of the Righteous One. Yet like the Athenians in Acts 17, our world continues to place idol after idol in the place that should be reserved for God alone. But, we can be different! We can live as radiant examples of the God of justice, righteousness, mercy, and grace. We can reflect his holiness, share his hope for the lost, and truly make a huge difference in our world. So let's get started doing it -- today!

Prayer
Most High God, my Abba Father, thank you so much for the incredible gift of your grace and the sense of redemptive purpose you have placed within my life. I know that you can use me to do your work in your world and to your glory. Please do! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 10 Oct 2012, 5:01 pm

Today's Verse for 10/09/2012
"Praise be to the LORD your God, who has delighted in you and placed you on the throne of Israel. Because of the Lord's eternal love for Israel, he has made you king, to maintain justice and righteousness. " — 1 Kings 10:9

Thought
Solomon was reminded by the words of a foreigner that he is where he is by grace and he has been put there to live out the will and to display the character of God in all that he does. So are we! So let's live with the redemptive purpose that God has designed for us to have.

Prayer
Dear Heavenly Father, I know that you have blessed me by your grace. Now, dear Lord, please empower me to know and live out the redemptive purpose for which you have made me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 09 Oct 2012, 9:34 pm

Today's Verse for 10/08/2012
The wise in heart accept commands, but a chattering fool comes to ruin. — Proverbs 10:8

Thought
It's easy to give our opinion. It's kinda fun to "put in our two cents worth." It's easy to "talk the talk." Unfortunately, however, our talk can often be a way to keep us insulated from the obedience God desires. No matter our age or experience, if we are wise, we will accept the righteous commands of God!

Prayer
O Lord God, who searches hearts and minds, please give me an inquiring heart that thirsts after pleasing and obeying you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 07 Oct 2012, 8:22 pm

Today's Verse for 10/07/2012
Who should not revere you, O King of the nations? This is your due. Among all the wise men of the nations and in all their kingdoms, there is no one like you. — Jeremiah 10:7

Thought
Presidents, kings, and rulers have a host of "wise" and diplomatic counselors. Many also surround themselves with people of power and wealth. There is, however, only One King of the Nations! There is only One who will truly and ultimately rule over all peoples of the earth. He is beyond compare and has no worthy rival. All creatures, great and small, will one day revere him and honor his holy name. LetÂ’s make sure we do it today!

Prayer
You are worthy, my God and Father, of all glory and power. You have no rival -- either in reality or in my heart. Thank you for blessing me with your grace. Why you should care for me when you have such power and majesty IÂ’m not completely sure, but I thank you and praise you. I thank you for adopting me into your royal family by your grace. I praise you for the great and gracious purity and righteousness that you have poured out on me. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 06 Oct 2012, 10:19 pm

Today's Verse for 10/05/2012
We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. — 2 Corinthians 10:5

Thought
The apostle Paul knew he was in a war against spiritual forces opposed to God (cf. Ephesians 6:10-12). While these forces might have a great deal of influence in the world at large, Paul was determined that Satan's deception wouldn't rule in God's churches. He was committed to truth in an age obsessed with many different gods, beliefs, and choices. Can we be any less vigilant in our day and in a culture obsessed with so many of the same ideas?

Prayer
Holy God, please forgive our lack of spiritual vigilance and cowardice in the marketplace of ideas. Stir us by your Spirit to speak the truth in love. Convict us of the need to confront ideas that are detrimental to faith, righteousness, and truth with sound and godly wisdom. Arouse us from our lazy stupor and call us again to be your holy and committed people. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 11:03 pm

Today's Verse for 10/04/2012
Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes. — Romans 10:4

Thought
Christ is both the fulfillment of the Law (the goal and destination of the Law) and also the end of the Law. We are no longer judged on the basis of law-keeping. True, the standard used for us is the righteousness of God, but this is a standard that Jesus meets in us and for us by being the sin offering for us and sending the Spirit to empower us. This means that God can declare us righteous while at the same time transforming us to strive toward being righteous in the way we live. The Law's goal is fulfilled and finds its completion in Christ as his salvation transforms us.

Prayer
Dear Father, I do believe that Jesus is your dear Son, sent to be my Savior, crucified for my sins, and raised from the dead for my victory. I trust my salvation to him and thank you for your incredible gift of grace. In the name of Jesus Christ my Lord. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 04 Oct 2012, 1:02 pm

Today's Verse for 10/03/2012
Moses then said to Aaron, "This is what the LORD spoke of when he said: "'Among those who approach me I will show myself holy; in the sight of all the people I will be honored.'" Aaron remained silent. — Leviticus 10:3

Thought
God's holiness is unapproachable except through the gift of his grace. When we disregard God’s holiness, we profane what is precious and sacred. God will be known and shown as holy; if not by his people, then by his action. Let's take our worship of God seriously, honoring him with our reverence and awe (Hebrews 12:28-29). But, let's not confine worship to only what we do in church. Let's realize that all of our life is worship (Romans 12:1-2) and live out our lives with a commitment to be holy in all we do (1 Peter 1:15-16) – in both the worship with our lips and the worship with our lives (Hebrews 13:15-16).

Prayer
Almighty and Most High God, holy and perfect in righteousness, forgive me for my sins. Cleanse me and make me holy by the transforming and sanctifying power of your Holy Spirit. May my life be lived as a holy sacrifice to you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Today's Verse for 10/02/2012
In his arrogance the wicked man hunts down the weak, who are caught in the schemes he devises. — Psalm 10:2

Thought
God absolutely hates violence, intimidation, or any means used for the powerful to control, manipulate, or hound those who are weaker. He loathes wickedness that is based upon the strong and the mighty preying on the weak and powerless. We should, by our actions and resources, demonstrate both to the weak and the powerless that there is a God of love.

Prayer
Give me a heart, O God, that disdains the abuse of power and the misuse of wealth. Thank you, dear God, for sending Jesus to save me when I was powerless to bring about my own salvation (Romans 5:5-11). Please give me a heart like Jesus when I see others being taken advantage of. In the name of my Savior, Jesus, I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 2:45 pm

Today's Verse for 10/01/2012
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. — Isaiah 10:1-2

Thought
God wants us to be a generous and concerned people. We are not to be concerned about our "stuff" but the work of God and the needs of others, especially those who are powerless and can't defend themselves.

Prayer
O Father of the fatherless, please increase my compassion and commitment to work for those who are forgotten, abused, disenfranchised, and pushed aside. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Today's Verse for 09/30/2012
For many years you were patient with them. By your Spirit you admonished them through your prophets. Yet they paid no attention, so you handed them over to the neighboring peoples. — Nehemiah 9:30

Thought
God has spoken repeatedly to his people through the prophets who spoke as they were inspired by the Holy Spirit of God. But so often, these people ignored their voice and abandoned their God. Let's not let the same thing be said of us!

Prayer
Sovereign LORD and Abba Father, I praise you! Please never let me ever outlive my love for you or my heart's desire to be obedient and pleasing to you! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 27  Next