Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 20 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 115 on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 3:20 pm
Latest topics
» Bill & Hillary Clinton
Gretchen {Acts1711} Is That Biblical? EmptyYesterday at 11:38 pm by Admin

» Jeremy Corbyn Anti- Israel friend of Terrorists
Gretchen {Acts1711} Is That Biblical? EmptyYesterday at 11:36 pm by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
Gretchen {Acts1711} Is That Biblical? EmptyYesterday at 11:20 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Gretchen {Acts1711} Is That Biblical? EmptyYesterday at 11:18 pm by Admin

» Nolte: 11 Facts that Have Already Unraveled the Ukraine Hoax
Gretchen {Acts1711} Is That Biblical? EmptyYesterday at 11:14 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Gretchen {Acts1711} Is That Biblical? EmptyYesterday at 11:12 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Gretchen {Acts1711} Is That Biblical? EmptyYesterday at 11:10 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor
Gretchen {Acts1711} Is That Biblical? EmptyYesterday at 11:09 pm by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
Gretchen {Acts1711} Is That Biblical? EmptyYesterday at 11:08 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Gretchen {Acts1711} Is That Biblical? EmptyYesterday at 11:05 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Gretchen {Acts1711} Is That Biblical? EmptyYesterday at 11:04 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
Gretchen {Acts1711} Is That Biblical? EmptyYesterday at 10:33 pm by Admin

» 10 Prayers for Before Meals - Short, Simple, Beautiful!
Gretchen {Acts1711} Is That Biblical? EmptyYesterday at 8:52 pm by Admin

» Erdogan threatens EU to Kneel to us or “we’ll send 3.6 million refugees your way”;
Gretchen {Acts1711} Is That Biblical? EmptyYesterday at 6:11 pm by Admin

» servant @ TWO LISTENERS
Gretchen {Acts1711} Is That Biblical? EmptyYesterday at 5:58 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
Gretchen {Acts1711} Is That Biblical? EmptyYesterday at 5:35 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL VIDEO'S VARIOUS COVERAGES
Gretchen {Acts1711} Is That Biblical? EmptyYesterday at 5:33 pm by Admin

»  Israel Under Attack After IDF Assassinates Major Terror Leader
Gretchen {Acts1711} Is That Biblical? EmptyYesterday at 11:15 am by Admin

» ENDTIME HEADLINES
Gretchen {Acts1711} Is That Biblical? EmptyYesterday at 10:58 am by Admin

» THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONALS
Gretchen {Acts1711} Is That Biblical? EmptyYesterday at 10:47 am by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Gretchen {Acts1711} Is That Biblical?

Go down

Gretchen {Acts1711} Is That Biblical? Empty Re: Gretchen {Acts1711} Is That Biblical?

Post  Admin on Tue 28 May 2013, 10:13 pm

Heard on the radio

I was listening to Christian radio today while driving, and something was said that stunned me with its apparent blindness.

The pastor-type person said that 'we' needed to pray for God to send revival.

I was stunned, to say the least.

Stunned because in The Bible it is shown repeatedly (dozens and dozens of times) that God does not 'send revival' .

Instead it is God Who calls His people to confess (admit to) their sins, and to repent (turn away) from those sins.

He is merciful in waiting as long as possible to send judgment to His people, because they are the ones who ought to know when they've sinned.

When God's people repent, confessing their sins, THEN God responds by forgiving and healing their land. That means unbelievers and non church goers are depending upon God's people to humble themselves and ask God to forgive them (God's people) for their sins. This does not mean asking God to forgive others. It means only asking God to forgive ourselves, God's people.

In our times, the same situation exists, in all our countries. God calls His people to confess and repent from their sins. Yes, The Church has sins.

God says that 'blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD', yet God isn't number one in the US or US Church, for example. Pride (denial of sins), allowing false teachings (which exist in every denomination, and worldwide) and self-promoting religious doctrines, promoting self-centered attitudes and activities (greed for 'more more more', and 'me me me'; gluttony as in excesses; lust and coveting), such as possessions, pleasure, entertainment, politics, sports....all these have replaced God as number one in the hearts of God's people.

God gives us two very specific commands (not suggestions) about sin in our countries.

The first tells God's people to confess and repent THEN God will heal their land. No, God doesn't say blame the non church goers or the unbelievers (as is popular in the US by well known preachers on TV). God says it is the responsibility of His people to do the repenting and confessing.

"Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land." 2 Chronicles 7

The second says judgment begins with God's people --

"For the time has come for judgment, and it must begin with God’s household." 1 Peter 4

A good example of God's people repenting and confessing is found in Nehemiah 8-10, where they stood listening to God's Word being read, and they wept as they heard it. Then, they repented for THREE hours!!

If any our countries are ensnared in corruption, greed, and/or selfishness, then it is God's people who are accountable and God says His people must repent, confessing their sins. THEN He will respond.

Let all of us determine to honor God and His Word by heeding His command to confess our sins corporately (in our meetings), and repent from them, seeking God alone (not what He gives or does).

Rev. Gretchen Offord.

©2013 Gretchen Offord, The Acts 1711 Project. All rights reserved. Bible reference used: New Living Translation.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Gretchen {Acts1711} Is That Biblical? Empty Gretchen {Acts1711} Is That Biblical?

Post  Admin on Wed 10 Nov 2010, 2:44 pm

Gretchen
{Acts1711} Is That Biblical?

"All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true
and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when
we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work." 2 Timothy 3
"Preach the word of God. Be prepared, whether the time is favorable or not. Patiently correct, rebuke, and encourage your people with good teaching. For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers
who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear. They will reject the truth and chase after myths." 2 Timothy 4
"Now the Holy Spirit tells us clearly that in the last times some will
turn away from the true faith; they will follow deceptive spirits and
teachings that come from demons. These people are hypocrites and liars, and their consciences are dead." 1 Timothy 4
I just received, in my email inbox, an email that has been repeatedly forwarded. It claims to be 'prophetic', however in reality it has no Biblical foundation, even though it uses Scriptures to support its ridiculous claims.
What is so tragic about this is that many people have read this email, and think that it IS truly prophetic and reliable. It is not!
How can we KNOW what is truly prophetic and what are just human musings?
Simple. KNOW the Word of God, The Holy Bible.
How can you KNOW it?
1) Read it, every day, in a time of adoration before God in His presence, reading His Word as if you were listening to Him speak it directly to you.
2) Attend worship services where God is the focus in Bible teaching, prayer, music, and attitude.
Sadly most Christians or so-called Christians rarely do these 2 things yet this is CLEAR BIBLICAL TEACHING!
Prophecies are only to be spoken within the assemblies of believers, so that all can hear and judge the validity, by using Scripture, of what is spoken. 1 Corinthians 12-14, Jeremiah 14, 23, Ezekiel 13, 14.
I read an article in the news about a mega-church leader today. As I read the article, I noticed several things. One, this leader calls himself an 'apostle'. This is NOT Biblical teaching, in at least TWO ways.
1) Jesus said His disciples were NOT to use any titles for all were equal and He was the Teacher. Matthew 23.
2) In Acts 1, the definition of an 'apostle' is given: one who was alive when Jesus walked on the earth, as God Incarnate (in the flesh).
Second, their 'church' has a president and a CEO. This is NOT Biblical, see Matthew 23, 1 Timothy 3-4.
I receive countless emails promoting the 'health/wealth prosperity gospel'. This 'gospel' is NOT the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ but a FALSE gospel. It promotes self and money.
Here is what God says about self and money:
1) "You should know this, Timothy, that in the last days there will be very difficult times. For people will love only themselves and their money." 2 Timothy 3
2) "No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other;
you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both
God and money." Matthew 6, Luke 16
3) "Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me." Matthew 16, also chapter 10, Mark 8, Luke 9
4) Paul: "So to keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh [physical ailment]...to keep me from becoming proud. Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.� So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me...For when
I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12
I live in a rural part of California. Nearby there is a 'church' where they brag and boast about all the 'miracles' that they have. I have counseled women who have been abused by that place, helping them heal and find the Truth in Jesus Christ that is not preached at that 'church'. That place does NOT have Biblical 'miracles' but instead, what is preached at that church is self, pride, money, and other unBiblical teachings. This is NOT the only place that does this unBiblical stuff, Toronto did it, as did Lakeland and countless others.
Note: UnBiblical means something does not agree with what God says in Scripture, even though Scripture might be used to support the false teaching.
Self because it is all about getting for oneself, demanding of God, ordering about The Holy Spirit and angels (and even demons, or satan), getting rich, getting healed. Yet the people who believe this garbage are sincerely poor, in possessions, in health. And yet they are manipulated into giving what little they have for the 'return on investment' of getting more.
Yet this is NOT what the Bible teaches. Jesus said 'blessed are the poor', Matthew 5. God is the One to Whom we respectfully seek, not just to 'get stuff' but to know Him, Matthew 6, John 14-17. God is in charge of the angels, Hebrews 1. Only God is authorized to deal with satan, Jude.
Healing is a gift that is designed BY GOD to lead people to salvation, as part of the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ being preached and the encouraging of believers. Healing is not an end unto itself. It also involves repentance/confessi on of sins, James 5, and doesn't require faith from the ill person but of the elders of the church who gather together to pray for the ill person, James 5.
Money is evident by the 'money changing' going on in many 'churches'. Bookstores, coffee shops, seminars or conferences. ..all of these cost the user money. Bookstores that sell merchandise that is often deceptive and NOT in agreement with Biblical teachings. I have seen music sold in a 'church' that is demonic in nature (from a false religion) but those who have been deceived by it say it is 'christian'.
Yet Jesus commanded (not suggested) that God's House (what we call our places of worship) were to be houses of prayer, NOT thievery (involves money, merchandise) , Matthew 21, Mark 11, Luke 19.
What does all this mean?
It means that we, in the USA, have been DECEIVED over time, like a frog in a kettle. [The frog is placed in a pan with cool water so it thinks it's fine, but as the heat slowly increases it slowly dies.] We have been slowly seduced into believing lies and doing things that do NOT agree with the Bible, God's Holy Word. In some instances the Bible itself has been slowly replaced with other books.
Congregations do NOT have prayer meetings any more, where God is front and center. They rarely have Bible studies either. Instead they have book studies where the Bible is not the primary resource. They have 40 days of 'purpose' where they read other books, doing what those books say to do, but they do NOT do what God says to do in the Bible.
Note: Does your 'church' promote one year Bible reading plans? They should!!
BEWARE!!!! The deceptive seduction of American churches has been ongoing for the past century.
Many Protestant ministers don't believe the Bible anymore, and they've become unbelievers even though they continue in their roles as pastors. True!!!
The Bible has been placed 'on the shelf', replaced by other books.
Prayer is taught as a means to get stuff, not to worship God and adore Him, just by being in His Presence.
What to do?
Repent, confess the sins of self, pride, money...and do the things that were once done --- the Bible reading, the prayer, the worship of God, the respect of Him and His House of Prayer.
Turn the 'churches' from corporations (unBiblical) back to the Body of Christ where all are equal and God is center of all.
If you read this, and understand, forward it to others, including pastors.
The Church in the USA has been deceived and there are serious consequences for that, as we learn from the people of Israel who, in the Old Testament, were deceived, compromised themselves, and sinned greatly.
Yes, the Church in the USA has sinned greatly!!
What is at stake is the eternal welfare of millions of people who don't realize that what they experience at their 'church' is NOT Biblical and without the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ being preached, their salvation is in jeopardy.
We MUST be born again, Jesus said in John 3. We must be obedient to Him in order to have a relationship with Him He said in John 14.
Are we born again? Are we obedient?

Scripture references used: New Living Translation, New American Standard Version

Copyright 2010 Gretchen Offord, Acts 1711 Ministries. All rights reserved, however without any changes made to this article, it may be forwarded electronically (email).
--The head may seek God, but it is the heart that finds Him. Jeremiah 29:13 --"This is the way to have eternal life—to know you, the only true God,
and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth." John 17:3
Acts 1711 Ministries ~ Searching The Scriptures to Know Truth
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum