Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 1 Bot

Admin

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 115 on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 3:20 pm
Latest topics
» servant @ TWO LISTENERS
Tozer Devotional - Page 6 EmptyToday at 8:11 pm by Admin

» Pope Francis Agenda for One World Government
Tozer Devotional - Page 6 EmptyToday at 8:07 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Tozer Devotional - Page 6 EmptyToday at 10:00 am by Admin

» AISH
Tozer Devotional - Page 6 EmptyToday at 9:56 am by Admin

» Daily Disciples
Tozer Devotional - Page 6 EmptyToday at 9:53 am by Admin

» Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge Inspirational
Tozer Devotional - Page 6 EmptyToday at 9:49 am by Admin

» ENDTIME HEADLINES
Tozer Devotional - Page 6 EmptyToday at 9:42 am by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
Tozer Devotional - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 11:15 pm by Admin

» OBAMA AGAIN
Tozer Devotional - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 10:40 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Tozer Devotional - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 10:37 pm by Admin

» Delrifkah: HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY.
Tozer Devotional - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 10:34 pm by Admin

» GLOBAL WARMING FAKE IT IS COLD CLIMATE COMING
Tozer Devotional - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 10:29 pm by Admin

» Erdogan threatens EU to Kneel to us or “we’ll send 3.6 million refugees your way”;
Tozer Devotional - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 10:24 pm by Admin

» God and His Names and Meanings
Tozer Devotional - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 3:21 pm by Admin

» What Does Jeremiah 29:11 Mean?
Tozer Devotional - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 1:51 pm by Admin

» 10 Benefits of Family Prayer Time
Tozer Devotional - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 1:04 pm by Admin

» Prayer please for Barbara Foster
Tozer Devotional - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 12:59 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Tozer Devotional - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 12:48 pm by Admin

» BIRTH PANGS – Series of Powerful Earthquakes Volcano's Strike Around the Globe
Tozer Devotional - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 10:59 am by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Tozer Devotional - Page 6 EmptyFri 18 Oct 2019, 10:58 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Tozer Devotional

Page 6 of 41 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 41  Next

Go down

Tozer Devotional - Page 6 Empty Re: Tozer Devotional

Post  Admin on Sat 30 May 2015, 10:28 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Sat, May 30, 2015
OUR CHARTER IS FROM GOD
While we are right to thank God in appreciation for all of the great and good men in the history of the Christian church, we actually "follow" none of them. Our charter goes farther back and is from a higher source. They were rightly looked upon as leaders, but they were all servants of God, even as you and I are. Luther sowed. Wesley watered. Finney reaped-but they were only servants of the living God. In our local assemblies, we are part of the church founded by the Lord Jesus Christ and perpetuated by the mystery of the new birth. Therefore, our assembly is that of Christian believers gathered unto a Name to worship and adore the Presence. So, in that sense, the strain is gone. The strain and pressure to abide by traditional religious forms all begin to pale in importance as we function in faith as the people of God who glorify His Name and honor His Presence! If all of this is true-and everything within me witnesses that it is-we may insist that God is able to do for us all that He did in the days of the apostles. There has been no revocation of our charter!

Verse
Upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Matthew 16:18

Thought
Luther sowed. Wesley watered. Finney reaped-but they were only servants of the living God.

Prayer
Dear Lord, Thank you for my place in your plan.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 29 May 2015, 11:03 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Fri, May 29, 2015
SAVIOR AND LORD
God chose His only begotten Son as the channel for His grace and truth, for John witnesses that "grace and truth came by Jesus Christ!" The Law was given by Moses-but that was all that Moses could do. He could only "command" righteousness. In contrast, only Jesus Christ produces righteousness. All that Moses could do was to forbid us to sin. In contrast, Jesus Christ came to save us from sin. Moses could not save anyone-but Jesus Christ is both Savior and Lord. Grace came through Jesus Christ before Mary wept in the manger stall in Bethlehem. It was the grace of God in Christ that saved the human race from extinction when our first parents sinned in the Garden. It is plain in history that God forgave Israel time and time again. It was the grace of God in Christ prior to the Incarnation that made God say: "I have risen early in the morning and stretched out my hands to you!"

Verse
For by grace are ye saved through faith... it is the gift of God.
Ephesians 2:8

Thought
All that Moses could do was to forbid us to sin. In contrast, Jesus Christ came to save us from sin.

Prayer
Lord, Thank you for coming to save us poor sinners, and not to condemn us.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 28 May 2015, 9:22 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Thu, May 28, 2015
MAN HAS LOST GOD
The average person in the world today, without faith and without God and without hope, is engaged in a desperate personal search and struggle throughout his lifetime. He does not really know what he is doing here. He does not know where he is going. The sad commentary is that everything he is doing is being done on borrowed time, borrowed money and borrowed strength-and he already knows that in the end he will surely die! It boils down to the bewildered confession of many humans that they have lost God somewhere along the way. Man, made more like God than any other creature, has become less like God than any other creature. Created to reflect the glory of God, he has retreated sullenly into his cave-reflecting only his own sinfulness. Certainly it is a tragedy above all tragedies in this world that love has gone from man's heart. Beyond that, light has gone from his mind. Having lost God, he blindly stumbled on through this dark world to find only a grave at the end!

Verse
Thou takest away their breath, they die, and return to dust.
Psalm 104:29
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 27 May 2015, 8:17 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Wed, May 27, 2015
IN THE BEGINNING
None of us can approach a consideration of the eternal nature and Person of Jesus Christ without sensing and confessing our human inadequacy in the face of the divine revelation. John, in his gospel, provides a beautiful portrait of the eternal Christ, starting with those stark, incredible words: "In the beginning!', My brethren, that is where we start with the understanding and the revelation of Christianity! Many others have made a variety of claims but only our Christ is the Christ of God. Certainly it was not Buddha and not Mohammed; not Joseph Smith, not Mrs. Eddy and not Father Divine! All of these and countless others like them had beginnings-but they all had their endings, too. What an incredible difference! Our Christian life commences with the eternal Son of God. This is our Lord Jesus Christ: the Word who was with the Father in the beginning; the Word who was God; and the Word who is God! This is the only one who can assure us: "No man cometh unto the Father, but by Me!"

Verse
In the beginning was the Word... and the Word was God.
John 1:1
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 26 May 2015, 9:22 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Tue, May 26, 2015
YES, EVERYTHING IS WRONG... UNTIL JESUS MAKES IT RIGHT
Men and women without God are helpless and hopeless human beings. We do well to remember that sin is to the human nature what cancer is to the human body! Who can argue with the fact that sin has ruined us? Our feverish activity is only one sign of what is wrong with us - sin has plunged us into the depths and so marked us with mortality that we have become brother to the clay-but God never meant it to be so. I recall being invited to speak at a summer conference where much of the emphasis is upon fun and amusement and jokes, something like Hollywood, I suppose. After my sessions there, the pastor-director told me frankly of his wife's reaction: "Honey, after listening to Dr. Tozer, can it be true that there isn't anything good in this world?" Well, I know she had a Bible in her house and I consider her query one of the foolish questions of our times. Of course the world makes its own argument that there are things that can be considered good on the human level-but they belong to us only for a brief day. Nothing is divinely good until it bears the imprint of our Lord Jesus Christ! Men and women may argue and make excuses, but it does not change the fact that in our human society we are completely surrounded by three marks of the ancient curse: everything is recent, temporal and transient! That is why the Holy Spirit whispers faithfully, reminding us of the Christ of God, eternity walking in flesh, God Almighty come to live among us and to save-actually to give us eternity!

Verse
Having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself... whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
Colossians 1:20

Thought
Who can argue with the fact that sin has ruined us?

Prayer
Lord, Help me to remember that there is nothing good in this world until you make it yours.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 25 May 2015, 11:34 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Mon, May 25, 2015
THE PERFECTIONS OF GOD
I hope that if I am remembered at all it will be for this reason: I have spent my efforts and my energies trying to turn the direction of the people away from the external elements of religion to those that are internal and spiritual. I have tried to take away some of the clouds in the hope that men and women would be able to view God in His glory. I would like to see this sense of glory recaptured throughout the church-too many Christians do not expect to experience any of the glory until they see Him face to face! Within our Christian fellowship and worship, we must recapture the Bible concepts of the perfection of our God Most High! We have lost the sense and the wonder of His awe-fullness, His perfection, His beauty. Oh, I feel that we should preach it, sing it, write about it, talk about it and tell it until we have recaptured the concept of the Majesty of God! Only that can be beautiful ultimately which is holy-and we who belong to Jesus Christ should know the true delight of worshiping God in the beauty of His holiness!

Verse
Give unto the Lord the glory due unto his name; worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness.
Psalm 29:2

Thought
I have spent my efforts and my energies trying to turn the direction of the people away from the external elements of religion to those that are internal and spiritual.

Prayer
Lord, the majesty you command is too much for me to understand. Like a child I look at you with awe and wonder. May it always be so.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 24 May 2015, 11:39 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Sun, May 24, 2015
GOD'S SOVEREIGN PLAN
Many people continue to live in daily fear that the world "is coming to an end." Only in the Scriptures do we have the description and prediction of the age-ending heavenly and earthly events when our Lord and Savior will be universally acknowledged as King of kings and Lord of lords. God's revelation makes it plain that in "that day" all will acclaim Him "victor!" Human society, generally, refuses to recognize God's sovereignty or His plan for His redeemed people. But no human being or world government will have any control in that fiery day of judgement yet to come. John's vision of things to come tells us clearly and openly that at the appropriate time this world will be taken away from men and placed in the hands of the only Man who has the wisdom and authority to rightly govern. That Man is the eternal Son of God, the worthy Lamb, our Lord Jesus Christ!

Verse
Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the Kingdom to God... for he must reign.
1 Corinthians 15:24-25

Thought
No human being or world government will have any control in that fiery day of judgement yet to come.

Prayer
Lord, as I look forward to the end of this world, I also look forward in reassureance that to serve you is the best possible destiny.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 23 May 2015, 8:55 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Sat, May 23, 2015
THE LORD OF ALL BEAUTY
Think with me about beauty-and about this matchless One who is the Lord of all beauty, our Savior! God has surely deposited something within our human beings that is capable of understanding and appreciating beauty - the love of harmonious forms, appreciation of colors and beautiful sounds. Brother, these are only the external counterparts of a deeper and more enduring beauty-that which we call moral beauty. It has been the uniqueness and the perfection of Christ's moral beauty that have charmed even those who claimed to be His enemies throughout the centuries of history. We do not have any record of Hitler saying anything against the moral perfection of Jesus. One of the great philosophers, Nietzsche, objected to Paul's theology of justification by faith, but he was strangely moved within himself by the perfection of moral beauty found in the life and character of Jesus, the Christ. We should thank God for the promise of heaven being the place of supreme beauty-and the One who is all-beautiful is there!

Verse
They shall see the glory of the Lord; and the excellency of our God.
Isaiah 35:2

Thought
It has been the uniqueness and the perfection of Christ's moral beauty that have charmed even those who claimed to be His enemies throughout the centuries of history.

Prayer
Lord, thank you for showing us true beauty in your life, and thank you for the opportunity to share eternity with you.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 22 May 2015, 10:53 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Thu, May 21, 2015
BETTER THAN GOLD
Every Christian believer should be aware that our God has given us definite promises of an amazing inheritance to be realized in the eternal! The blessings and riches of our divine inheritance are not riches that will come to us for anything that is worthy or superior in ourselves; but will come because of our relationship in faith to the One who is the fount of every blessing. We must remember that an inheritance has not actually been earned. Such bequests come from One who owns everything and gives to another whom He delights to honor and who can establish his rightful claim. Inheritance is a right resulting from a relationship. In this case, the right belongs to the children of God by virtue of the fact that their identification as children of God by faith in the eternal Son of God has been established and is in the heavenly records! The apostle said of us: "Men and women cannot imagine or even dream of all the things which God has prepared for those who love Him!"

Verse
That ye might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
1 Corinthians 3:12

Thought
God has given us definite promises of an amazing inheritance to be realized in the eternal!

Prayer
Lord, I am so thankful for all of the things you have bestowed upon me as an adopted child.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Fri, May 22, 2015
CHRIST'S PICTURE EVERYWHERE
We try to sympathize with the writer John as he attempts to describe heavenly creatures in human terms in the book of Revelation. He knew and we know that it was impossible for God to fully reveal Himself and the heavenly glories to a man. John tries to describe for us the four "living creatures" in Revelation 4. The first was like a lion; the second was like an ox; the third had the face of a man; the fourth was like a soaring eagle. Did you know that for centuries Christians have seen those same "faces" in the four gospels of the New Testament? God has put Jesus Christ's picture everywhere! Matthew's is the gospel of the King. Mark's, the gospel of the suffering Servant. Luke's, the gospel of the Son of Man. John's, the gospel of the Son of God. Four loving, adoring, worshiping beings, faithfully and forever devoted to praising God! Make no mistake about it: the imagery is plainly the gospel of Christ. He is what Christianity is all about!

Verse
Thou art worthy, 0 Lord, to Receive honor and glory and power.
Revelation 4:11

Thought
God has put Jesus Christ's picture everywhere!

Prayer
Lord, thank you for choosing to shed light on your character in so many different ways so that we could know you better.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 20 May 2015, 9:31 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Tue, May 19, 2015
The Happy Morn
When we sing “The Light of the world is Jesus,” there should be a glow on our faces that would make the world believe indeed that we really mean it! The Incarnation meant something vast and beautiful for John Milton, and he celebrated the coming of Jesus into the world with one of the most beautiful and moving expressions ever written by a man: This is the month, and this the happy morn, Wherein the Son of Heaven's eternal King, Of wedded maid, and Virgin mother born, Our great redemption from above did bring. That glorious form, that Light insufferable, And that far-beaming blaze of majesty, He laid aside, and here with us to be, Forsook the courts of everlasting Day, And chose with us a darksome house of mortal clay. Oh! run; prevent them with thy humble ode, And lay it lowly at His blessed feet, Have thou the honor first thy Lord to greet And join thy voices with the Angel quire, From out His secret altar touched with hallowed fire!

Verse
For unto You is born this day in the city of David a Saviour.
Luke 2:11

Thought
When we sing “The Light of the world is Jesus,” there should be a glow on our faces that would make the world believe indeed that we really mean it!

Prayer
Lord, You are the light of the world, and today as we celebrate your birth, let us remember the wonder the coming of that light is to every one who calls You Lord.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Wed, May 20, 2015
CHRIST'S WORLD OF NATURE
Jesus Christ came into our world in the fullness of time, and His own world, the world of nature, received Him, even though His own people received Him not! It is my own feeling that when Jesus came, all of nature went out to greet Him. The star led the wise men from the East. The cattle in the stable stall in Bethlehem did not bother Him. His own things in created nature received Him. Dr. G. Campbell Morgan believed that when Jesus went into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil, He was there with the wild beasts for 40 days and nights. Dr. Morgan held that there had been a wrong conception, as if Jesus needed angelic protection from the animals. Jesus was perfectly safe there. He was nature's Creator and Lord. Jesus was in total harmony with nature and I am of the opinion that the deeper our Christian commitment becomes, the more likely we will find ourselves in tune and in harmony with the natural world around us!

Verse
Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.
Matthew 4:11

Thought
It is my own feeling that when Jesus came, all of nature went out to greet Him.

Prayer
Lord, let me join with those who worship you as creater and Lord of all.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 18 May 2015, 9:59 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Sat, May 16, 2015
The Word Made Flesh
I have given much thought and contemplation to the sweetest and tenderest of all of the mysteries in God’s revelation to man—the Incarnation! Jesus, the Christ, is the Eternal One, for in the fullness of time He humbles Himself. John's description is plain: the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us. I confess that I would have liked to have seen the baby Jesus. But the glorified Jesus yonder at the right hand of the Majesty on high, was the baby Jesus once cradled in the manger straw. Taking a body of humiliation, He was still the Creator who made the wood of that manger, made the straw, and was Creator of all the beasts that were there. In truth, He made the little town of Bethlehem and all that it was. He also made the star that lingered over the scene that night. He had come into His own world, His Father's world. Everything we touch and handle belongs to Him. So we have come to love Him and adore Him and honor Him!

Verse
And lo, a voice from heaven saying, this is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Matthew 3:17

Thought
Taking a body of humiliation, He was still the Creator who made the wood of that manger, made the straw, and was Creator of all the beasts that were there.

Prayer
Lord, I am so thankful that You the creator came to be among and save the created.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Sun, May 17, 2015
Christmas Is Real
The birth of Christ was a divine declaration, an eternal statement to a race of fallen men and women. The Advent of Christ clearly established, first, that God is real. The heavens were opened and another world than this came into view. Second, that human life is essentially spiritual. With the emergence into human flesh of the Eternal Word of the Father, the fact of man's divine origin is confirmed. Third, that God indeed had spoken by the prophets. The coming of the Messiah-Savior into the world confirmed the veracity of the Old Testament Scripture. Fourth, that man is lost but not abandoned. Had men not been lost, no Savior would have been required. Had they been abandoned no Savior would have come. Finally, that this world is not the end. We are made for two worlds and as surely as we now inhabit the one we shall also inhabit the other!

Verse
Great is the mystery . . . God was manifest in the flesh.
1 Timothy 3:16

Thought
The birth of Christ was a divine declaration.

Prayer
Lord, I thank You for all of the things that Christams is to me, and most of all for the gift it celebrates.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Mon, May 18, 2015
Joy and Wonder
It is tragic that men and women everywhere are losing the sense of wonder, confessing now only one interest in life—and that is utility! Even Christmas Day has been degraded. We ignore the beautiful and the majestic, asking only “How can I use it? How much profit will it bring?” The believing children of God once upon a time saw God in everything. They were enraptured with everything before them. There was no common hill; they were all the hills of God! There was no common cloud; they were the chariots of God! They saw God in everything: in our day we never look up in happy surprise! But let me tell you that it has been a never-failing delight throughout my years to watch little children on Christmas morning. The gifts may be humble, but the child's burst of spontaneous delight and wonder is genuine and rewarding. That incredulous look in the child's face—everything is full of wonder and beauty! Sad, indeed, for adults to lose the wonder in worship—for worship is wonder and wonder is worship!

Verse
Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy.
Luke 2:10

Thought
It has been a never-failing delight throughout my years to watch little children on Christmas morning.

Prayer
Lord, thank You for the deep joy and wonder each Christams brings to my life.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 15 May 2015, 7:29 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Thu, May 14, 2015
Do You Love Beauty?
When we look closely at this world system and society, we see the terrible and ugly scars of sin. Sin has obscenely scarred and defaced this world, taking away its harmony and symmetry and beauty. That is the negative picture. Thank God for the positive promise and prospect that heaven is the place of all loveliness, all harmony and beauty. These are not idle words. If you love beautiful things, you had better stay out of hell, for hell will be the quintessence of all that is morally ugly and obscene. Hell will be the ugliest place in all of creation! It is a fact that earth lies between all that is ugly in hell and all that is beautiful in heaven. As long as we are living here, we will have to consider the extreme—much that is good and much that is bad! As believers, we are held firm in the knowledge that the eternal Son came to save us and deliver us to a beautiful heaven and everlasting fellowship with God!

Verse
There shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination.
Revelation 21:27

Thought
Thank God for the positive promise and prospect that heaven is the place of all loveliness, all harmony and beauty.

Prayer
Lord, thank You for so much to look forward to.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Fri, May 15, 2015
If Jesus Came Today
People have asked me if our present generation would gladly accept Jesus if He came at this time, instead of 2,000 years ago. I have to believe that history does repeat itself! In our own day, many who want to follow the Christian traditions still balk and reject a thorough-going spiritual housecleaning within their own lives. When Jesus came, many realized that it would mean probable financial loss for them to step out and follow Christ. Also, many of those men and women who considered the claims of Christ in His day knew that following Him would call for abrupt and drastic changes in their patterns of living. The proud and selfish aspects of their lives would have been disturbed. Beyond that, there was an almost complete disdain for the inward spiritual life which Jesus taught as a necessity for mankind; that it is the pure in heart who will see God! I am afraid that humanity's choice would still be the same today. People are still more in love with money and pride and pleasure than they are with God and His salvation!

Verse
We will not have this man to reign over us.
Luke 19:14

Thought
People are still more in love with money and pride and pleasure than they are with God and His salvation!

Prayer
Lord, while I look at the world and know it is still rebellious and self-absorbed, I thank You for coming despite Your reception.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 13 May 2015, 11:09 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Sat, May 09, 2015
Occupied With Praise
It is surely an erroneous supposition for humans to think or to believe that death will transform our attitude and dispositions. This is what I mean: if in this life we are not really comfortable talking and singing about heaven and its joy, I doubt that death will transform us into enthusiasts! If the worship and adoration of God are tedious now, they will be tedious also after the hour of death. I do not know that God is going to force any of us into His heaven. I doubt that He will say to any of us, “You were never very interested in worshiping Me while you were on earth, but in heaven I am going to make that your greatest interest and your ceaseless occupation.” Controversial? Perhaps, but in the heavenly scene John describes, the living creatures crying “Holy, holy, holy!” rest neither day nor night. My fear is that too many of God's professing people down here are resting far too often between their efforts to praise and glorify the living God!

Verse
They rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God almighty.
Revelation 4:8

Thought
If the worship and adoration of God are tedious now, they will be tedious also after the hour of death.

Prayer
Lord, give me the will to worship You now as I will worship in heaven.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Sun, May 10, 2015
The Secret Working of God
I do believe in the secret and mysterious working of God in the human breast. I must believe it after finding the forgiving and converting grace of God in the Savior, Jesus Christ. My father and mother held high human standards, but completely without any thought of God. My parents appeared to be without any spark of desire after God; attitudes that were cold, earthy, profane. Can you tell me why, then, at the age of 17, as a boy surrounded by unbelief—l00 percent—I could find my way to my mother's attic, kneel on my knees, and give my heart and life in committal to Jesus Christ? I cannot tell you why. I can only say that I know there is such a thing as the secret workings of God within the human being who has a sensitivity to hear the call of God. In my own case, I do have the testimony that my conversion to Jesus Christ was as real as any man's conversion has ever been! My fellow man, if the Spirit of God is still tugging at your heart, thank God—and follow the light!

Verse
That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
Titus 3:7

Thought
I cannot tell you why. I can only say that I know there is such a thing as the secret workings of God within the human being who has a sensitivity to hear the call of God.

Prayer
Lord, may I always be sensitive to the still small voice that I heard when You called me to You.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Mon, May 11, 2015
Mercy: A Boundless Sea
A human being is never really aware of the great boundless sea of the mercy of God until by faith he comes across the threshold of the kingdom of God and recognizes it and identifies it! My father was 60 years old when he bowed before Jesus Christ and was born again. That was a near lifetime in which he had sinned and lied and cursed. But to him, the mercy of God that took him to heaven was no greater than the mercy of God that had endured and kept him for 60 years. I recall the story of an ancient rabbi who consented to take a weary old traveler into his house for a night of rest. In conversation, the rabbi discovered the visitor was almost 100 years old and a confirmed atheist. Infuriated, the rabbi arose, opened the door and ordered the man out into the night. Then, sitting down by his candle and Old Testament, it seemed he heard a voice, God’s voice: “I have endured that sinner for almost a century. Could you not endure him for a night?” The rabbi ran out and overtaking the old man, brought him back to the hospitality of his home for the night.

Verse
God, who is rich in mercy . . . even when we were dead in sins.
Ephesians 2:4-5

Thought
A human being is never really aware of the great boundless sea of the mercy of God until by faith he comes across the threshold of the Kingdom of God and recognizes it and identifies it!

Prayer
Lord, thank You for Your mercy beyond measure. Thank You for giving it so freely to people like me.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Tue, May 12, 2015
Give God the Control
I know that I am being repetitious, but this needs to be said again and again: our Lord will not save those whom He cannot command! The lifetime God has given us down here is a lifetime of decisions. Each person makes his own decisions as to the eternal world he is going to inhabit. We must decide to take Jesus for what He is—the anointed Savior and Lord who is King of kings and Lord of all lords! He would not be who He is if He saved us and called us without the understanding that He can also guide us and control our lives. The root of sin is rebellion against God, and hell is the Alcatraz for the unconstituted rebels who refuse to surrender to the will of God. There are many arguments about the reality of hell. A man might endure fire and brimstone and worm, but the essence of hell and judgment for a moral creature is to know and be conscious that he is where he is because he is a rebel! Hell will be the eternal domain of all the disobedient rebels who have said, “I owe God nothing!”

Verse
Make me to go in the path of thy commandments, for therein do I delight.
Psalm 119:35

Thought
Our Lord will not save those whom He cannot command!

Prayer
Lord, command me and I will obey. I owe You everything, and I will give it.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Wed, May 13, 2015
Revival-And Renewal
I hope some of you will agree with me that it is of far greater importance that we have better Christians than that we have more of them! If we have any spiritual concerns, our most pressing obligation is to do all in our power to obtain a revival that will result in a reformed, revitalized, purified Church. Each generation of Christians is the seed of the next, and degenerate seed is sure to produce a degenerate harvest; not a little better than but worse than the seed from which it sprang. Thus the direction will be down until vigorous, effective means are taken to improve the seed. Why is it easier to talk about revival than to experience it? Because followers of Christ must become personally and vitally involved in the death and resurrection of Christ. And this requires repentance, prayer, watchfulness, self-denial, detachment from the world, humility, obedience and cross-carrying!

Verse
Though our outward man perish yet the inward man is renewed day by day.
2 Corinthians 4:16

Thought
Our most pressing obligation is to do all in our power to obtain a revival that will result in a reformed, revitalized, purified Church.

Prayer
Lord, let me experience the type of Christianity You intended for me to have, and give me the strength to work for it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 08 May 2015, 8:57 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Fri, May 08, 2015
Better Farther On
Truth that is not experienced is no better than error and may be fully as dangerous. Remember that the scribes who sat in Moses’ seat were not the victims of error; they were the victims of failure to experience the truth they taught! We should see that one of the greatest foes of the Christian is religious complacency. The man who believes that he has “arrived” will not go any further; and the present neat habit of quoting a text to prove we have arrived may be a dangerous one if, in truth, we have no actual inward experience of the text. The great saints of the past have all had yearning hearts. Their longing after God all but consumed them; it propelled them onward and upward to heights toward which less ardent Christians look with languid eye and entertain no hope of reaching. May we offer this word of exhortation: pray on, fight on, sing on! Press on into the deep things of God. Keep your feet on the ground, but let your heart soar as high as it will!

Verse
Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures.
Luke 24:45

Thought
We should see that one of the greatest foes of the Christian is religious complacency.

Prayer
Lord, help me to practice what I know. Let me put the truth I have into action. Help me to be a living example of what You would teach me.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 07 May 2015, 5:15 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Fri, May 01, 2015
Where is the Radiance?
I keep looking, but with little success, for a distinguishing radiance in life and testimony among our evangelical Christians. Instead of an inner witness, too many professing Christians are depending upon logical conclusions drawn from Bible texts. They have no witness of an encounter with God, no awareness of inner change. I believe that where there is a divine act within the soul, there will be a corresponding awareness. This act of God is its own evidence: it addresses itself directly to the spiritual consciousness. Thankfully, there are elements that are always the same among men and women who have had a personal meeting with God. There is the compelling sense of God Himself—of His Person and of His Presence. From there on, the permanent results will be evident in the life and walk of the person touched as long as he or she lives!

Verse
He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself.
1 John 5:10

Thought
Instead of an inner witness, too many professing Christians are depending upon logical conclusions drawn from Bible texts.

Prayer
Lord, let the witness of Your Spirit in my life be the most compelling motivation for my convictions. Let me respect the wisdom of godly men but worship the wisdom of Your Spirit. Let Your influence in my life be evident to those around me.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Sat, May 02, 2015
More Than Pardon
It is a fact that the New Testament message of good news, “Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,” embraces a great deal more than an offer of free pardon. Surely it is a message of pardon—and for that may God be praised—but it is also a message of repentance! It is a message of atonement—but it is also a message of temperance and righteousness and godliness in this present world. It tells us that we must accept a Savior, but it tells us also that we must deny ungodliness and worldly lusts. The gospel message includes the idea of amendment, of separation from the world, of cross-carrying and loyalty to the Kingdom of God even unto death. These are all corollaries of the gospel and not the gospel itself; but they are part and parcel of the total message which we are commissioned to declare. No man has authority to divide the truth and preach only a part of it. To do so is to weaken it and render it without effect.

Verse
For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of.
2 Corinthians 7:10

Thought
No man has authority to divide the truth and preach only a part of it.

Prayer
Lord, thank You for the reminder that I undertook much more than a spiritual bath when I accepted Your saving grace. You changed my whole life. Let me not forget this when I proclaim Your gospel

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Sun, May 03, 2015
Gifts and Graces
I go back often to Genesis 24 for the illustration and the figure in the Old Testament reminding us of the adornments of grace and beauty that will mark the believing Body of Christ. Abraham sent his trusted servant to his former homeland to select a bride for Isaac. The adornment of Rebekah’s beauty consisted of jewels and the raiment that came as gifts of love from the bridegroom whom she had not yet seen. It is a reminder of what God is doing in our midst right now. Abraham typifies God the Father; Isaac, our Lord Jesus Christ, the heavenly Bridegroom. The servant who went with the gifts into the far country to claim a bride for Isaac speaks well of the Holy Spirit, our Teacher and Comforter. He gives us, one by one, the gifts and the graces of the Holy Spirit that will be our real beauty in His sight. Thus we are being prepared, and when we meet our coming Lord and King, our adornment will be our God-given graces!

Verse
. . . gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will.
Hebrews 2:4

Thought
Our adornment will be our God-given graces!

Prayer
Lord, the gifts You give us sparkle as jewels when we use them for Your glory, let us always remember the promises of those gifts. Help me to be ready for my coming Lord.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Mon, May 04, 2015
Thus Saith the Lord
In a time when everything in the world seems to be related to vanity, God is depending on His believing children to demonstrate that He is the great reality; that we are made by God and for Him! The answer to the question, “Where did I come from?” can never be better answered than by the Christian mother who tells her child, “God made you.” The great store of knowledge in today’s world cannot improve on that simple answer. The scientist can tell us the secrets of how matter operates, but the origin of matter lies in deep silence, refusing to give an answer to man’s question. It is important for Christian believers to be able to stand firmly and positively in this declaration: “Thus saith the Lord!” Our chief business is not to argue or to persuade our generation. With our positive declaration of God’s Word and revelation, we make God responsible for the outcome. No one can know enough to go beyond this.

Verse
The Lord giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.
Proverbs 2:6

Thought
The answer to the question, “Where did I come from?” can never be better answered than by the Christian mother who tells her child, “God made you.”

Prayer
Lord, it is sometimes hard to understand how things happen, but thank You just the same, may I continue to learn what an awseome God I serve.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Tue, May 05, 2015
The Need for Reverence
Many persons who have been raised in our churches no longer think in terms of reverence, which seems to indicate that they doubt God’s presence is there. Much of the blame must be placed on the growing acceptance of a worldly secularism that seems much more appealing than any real desire for the spiritual life that is pleasing to God. We secularize God; we secularize the gospel of Christ and we secularize worship. No great and spiritually minded men of God are going to come out of such churches, nor any great spiritual movement of believing prayer and revival. If God is to be honored and revered and truly worshiped, He may have to sweep us away and start somewhere else. Let us confess that there is a necessity for true worship among us. If God is who He says He is and if we are the believing people of God we claim to be, we must worship Him! In my own assessment, for men and women to lose the awareness of God in our midst is a loss too terrible ever to be appraised!

Verse
God is greatly to be feared . . . and to be had in reverence.
Psalm 89:7

Thought
Let us confess that there is a necessity for true worship among us.

Prayer
Lord, help me remember that You are present with me, and help me to worship You with the reverence and respect You deserve.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Wed, May 06, 2015
More Than a Name
There have always been professing Christians who argue and insist: “I am all right—I worship in the name of Jesus.” They seem to believe that worship of God is based on a formula. They seem to think there is a kind of magic in saying the name of Jesus! Study the Bible carefully with the help of the Holy Spirit and you will find that the name and the nature of Jesus are one. It is not enough to know how to spell Jesus' name! If we have come to be like Him in nature, if we have come to the place of being able to ask in accordance with His will, He will give us the good things we desire and need. We worship God as the result of a new birth from above in which God has been pleased to give us more than a name. He has given us a nature transformed, and Peter expresses that truth in this way: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises, that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust (2 Peter 1:4).

Verse
Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
2 Timothy 2:19

Thought
We worship God as the result of a new birth from above in which God has been pleased to give us more than a name.

Prayer
Lord, Thank You for the ability to worship You as You would have me worship You, in Spirit and in Truth.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Thu, May 07, 2015
Glory to God
When the Holy Spirit comes among us with His anointing, we become a worshiping people! Now, that does not mean that all Christians everywhere must all worship alike—but that under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, believers everywhere are united in their praises to God. When Jesus came into Jerusalem presenting Himself as Messiah, there was a great multitude and there was a great noise. Very often our worship is audible, but I do not believe it is necessarily true that we are worshiping God when we are making a lot of racket. But I think there is a word for those who are cultured, quiet, self-possessed, poised, and sophisticated. If they are embarrassed in church when some happy Christian says “Amen!” they may actually be in need of some spiritual enlightenment. If some believer's “Glory to God!” really bothers you, it may be because you do not know the kind of spiritual blessing and delight the Holy Spirit is waiting to provide among God's worshiping saints. I can only speak for myself, but I want to be among those who worship!

Verse
The spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you.
1 Peter 4:14

Thought
Under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, believers everywhere are united in their praises to God.

Prayer
Lord, thank You that through Your Spirit we have a joy in worship that can not be had in any other way.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 30 Apr 2015, 10:18 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Sun, April 26, 2015
LIFE FLOWS FROM GOD
Without doubt, we have suffered the loss of many spiritual treasures because we have let slip the simple truth that the miracle of the perpetuation of life is in God. Be assured that God did not create life and toss it from Him like some petulant artist disappointed with his work. All life is in Him and out of Him, flowing from Him and returning to Him again, a moving indivisible sea of which He is the fountainhead. That eternal life which was with the Father is now the possession of believing men and women, and that life is not God’s gift only—but His very self! The regeneration of a believing soul is but a recapitulation of all His work done from the moment of creation. So, redemption is not a strange work which God for a moment turned aside to do; rather it is His same work performed in a new field, the field of human catastrophe.

Verse
God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good.
Genesis 1:31

Thought
All life is in Him and out of Him, flowing from Him and returning to Him again, a moving indivisible sea of which He is the fountainhead.

Prayer
Lord, let me remember that every aspect of my life is in Your hands, and let me take comfort in that fact.

LET US TAKE IT PERSONALLY
What a difference it makes when we humans cease being general and become pointed and personal in our approach to God. We then come to see that all that God did was for each of us. It was for me that holy men spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. For me Christ died, and when He arose on the third day it was for me. When the promised Holy Spirit came it was to continue in me the work He had been doing for me, since the morning of the Creation. So, I have every right to claim all of the riches of the Godhead in mercy given. What a blessed thought—that an infinite God can give all of Himself to each of His children. He does not distribute Himself that each may have a part, but to each one He gives all of Himself as fully as if there were no others. All that He is and all that He has done is for us and for all who share the common salvation.

Verse
Lord, thou wilt ordain peace for us: for thou also hast wrought all our works in us.
Isaiah 26:12

Thought
I have every right to claim all of the riches of the Godhead in mercy given.

Prayer
Lord, thank You for the rich inheritance that is mine since You made me your son. Thank You for taking a personal interest in me.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Tue, April 28, 2015
CONFUSED ABOUT WORSHIP
To really know Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord is to love and worship Him! As God’s people, we are so often confused that we could be known as God’s poor, stumbling, bumbling people, for we are most prone to think of worship as something we do when we go to church on Sunday. We call it God’s house. We have dedicated it to Him. So, we continue with the confused idea that it must be the only place where we can worship Him. We come to the Lord’s house, made of brick and stone and wood. We are used to hearing the call to worship: “The Lord is in His holy temple—let us kneel before Him!” This is on Sunday and in church—very nice! But on Monday, as we go about our different duties, are we aware of the continuing presence of God? The Lord desires still to be in His holy temple, wherever we are; for each of us is a temple in whom dwells the Holy Spirit of God.

Verse
For ye are the temple of the living God.
2 Corinthians 6:16

Thought
The Lord desires still to be in His holy temple, wherever we are.

Prayer
Lord, let me remember today, and always, that You live in this temple that is me. May I recognize the significance of that and live like I know it.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Wed, April 29, 2015
LET THE DAY DAWN
The Bible tells us that when a person becomes a Christian, it is as though the sun has come up and the day has dawned. Then his experience along the path should be like the glowing light which shineth more and more unto the perfect day. This brings us to a question: if all Christians are alike in standing and state, why did Jesus point out three distinctions in the Christian life—“some thirty, some sixty, and some a hundred fold”? If we are all alike and have all “arrived” at the same place and state, why did the Apostle Paul tell the Philippian Christians “I have suffered the loss of all things, that I may know Him and if by any means, I might attain unto that superior resurrection”? I am of the opinion that we cannot experience that which we have not believed. I still think we must instruct and urge men and women, toiling along in average and common Christian ways to move forward and claim spiritual victory they have not yet known.

Verse
The path of the just . . . shineth more and more unto the perfect day.
Proverbs 4:18

Thought
I am of the opinion that we cannot experience that which we have not believed.

Prayer
Lord, give the spriritual victory today in every new challenge, and teach me the things You have specifically for me to learn.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Thu, April 30, 2015
EVERYONE MAY COME
There is a strange beauty in the ways of God with men. He sends salvation to the world in the person of a Man and sends that Man to walk the byways, saying, “If any man will come after Me . . . ” No fanfare, no tramp of marching feet. A kindly Stranger walks through the earth, and so quiet is His voice that it is sometimes lost in the hurly-burly; but it is the last voice of God, and until we become quiet to hear it, we have no authentic message. “If any man,” He says, and teaches at once the universal inclusiveness of His invitation and the freedom of the human will. Everyone may come; no one need come, and whoever does come, comes because he chooses to. Every man thus holds his future in his hand. Not the dominant world leader only but the inarticulate man lost in anonymity is “a man of destiny.” He decides which way his soul shall go. He chooses, and destiny waits on the nod of his head. He decides, and hell enlarges itself, or heaven prepares another mansion. So much of Himself has God given to man!

Verse
Whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
Revelation 22:17

Thought
It is the last voice of God, and until we become quiet to hear it, we have no authentic message.

Prayer
Lord, thank You that even when I was not capable of discerning any truly spiritual thing, You planted in me the seed of thought that turned my will to You so that when it came to my choice, it was a choice based on knowlege before unseen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 24 Apr 2015, 6:02 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Fri, April 24, 2015
THOUGHTS ON COMMUNION
What a sweet comfort to us that our Lord Jesus Christ was once known in the breaking of the bread. In earlier Christian times, believers called the Communion “the medicine of immortality,” and God gave them the desire to pray: Be known to us in breaking bread, but do not then depart; Savior, abide with us and spread Thy table in our heart. Some churches have a teaching that you will find God only at their table-and that you leave God there when you leave. I am so glad that God has given us light. We may take the Presence of the table with us. We may take the Bread of life with us as we go. Then sup with us in love divine, Thy body and Thy blood; That living bread and heavenly wine Be our immortal food! In approaching the table of our Lord, we dare not forget the cost to our elder Brother, the Man who was from heaven. He is our Savior; He is our Passover!

Verse
He took bread . . . and their eyes were opened, and they knew him.
Luke 24:30-31

Thought
We may take the Presence of the table with us. We may take the Bread of life with us as we go.

Prayer
Lord, thank You that the lesson of the Lord’s supper is not left at the table, but continues to nourish the faithful partaker from day to day.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 8:10 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Thu, April 23, 2015
NOTHING BUT SWEETNESS
Let me caution you about the attitudes of some of the bubbly “happy, happy” people in our congregations who will insist that the Word of God can never be anything but honey sweet. Fellow believers, when we digest, absorb, and soak up the Word of the Lord, it becomes part and parcel of our daily lives. It is our delight. It is indeed honey and sweetness. But as we share that same Word in our witness to lost men and women, we will know something of bitterness and hostility, even enmity. It will follow then in experience, that Christian believers who are intent upon being faithful witnesses for Jesus Christ may not always find sweetness and light in their contacts with evil, rebellious people. We need to pray for men and women in our churches who have determined to set their own agendas—to live their lives as they please. They have determined to manage the influences of the Word of God in their lives.

Verse
It was in my mouth as sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.
Revelation 10:10

Thought
Fellow believers, when we digest, absorb, and soak up the Word of the Lord, it becomes part and parcel of our daily lives. It is our delight.

Prayer
Lord, keep the message of Your Word sweet to me by creating in me a spirit which is in harmony with its teaching, but let me not be afraid to deal with the other emotions it may bring in this world that is defiant of that same Word.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 22 Apr 2015, 7:36 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Wed, April 15, 2015
GLAMOR INSTEAD OF GLORY
One ominous sign in the social structure that surrounds us is the false attitude toward anything that can be called “ordinary.” There has grown up all around us an idea that the “commonplace” is old-fashioned and strictly for the birds. This existing mania for glamor and contempt for the ordinary are signs and portents in American society. Even religion has gone glamorous. In case you do not know what glamor is, I might explain that it is a compound of sex, paint, padding, and artificial lights. It came to America by way of the honky-tonk and the movie lot; got accepted by the world first, then strutted into the Church—vain, self-admiring, and contemptuous. Instead of the Spirit of God in our midst, we now have the spirit of glamor, as artificial as painted death. Say what you will, it is a new kind of Christianity, with new concepts that face us brazenly wherever we turn within the confines of evangelical Christianity. The new Christian no longer wants to be good or saintly or virtuous.

Verse
Therefore, brethren, standfast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.
2 Thessalonians 2:15

Thought
Instead of the Spirit of God in our midst, we now have the spirit of glamor, as artificial as painted death.

Prayer
Lord, do not let our churches be sucked into the whirlpool of glamour. Help us to grow our churches based on the authority of Scripture and not the vanity of men.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Thu, April 16, 2015
GETTING GOD IN FOCUS
While many are busy trying to set forth satisfactory definitions of the word “faith,” we do well to simply consider that believing is directing the heart’s attention to Jesus. It is lifting the mind to “behold the Lamb of God,” and never ceasing that beholding for the rest of our lives. At first this may be difficult, but it becomes easier as we look steadily at His wondrous Person, quietly and without strain. Distractions may hinder, but once the heart is committed to Him, the attention will return again and rest upon Him like a wandering bird coming back to its window. I would emphasize this one great volitional act, which establishes the heart intention to gaze forever upon Jesus. God takes this intention for our choice and makes what allowances He must for the thousand distractions that beset us in this evil world. So, faith is a redirecting of our sight, getting God in our focus, and when we lift our inward eyes upon God, we are sure to meet friendly eyes gazing back at us.

Verse
But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up steadfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God.
Acts 7:55

Thought
Faith is lifting the mind to “behold the Lamb of God,” and never ceasing that beholding for the rest of our lives.

Prayer
Lord, let me look to You always as the author and finisher of my faith.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Fri, April 17, 2015
A CHEERFUL HEART
The thankful Christian will turn with true delight to the expression of Joseph Addison in his Thanksgiving hymn, “When All Thy Mercies, 0 My God,” found in many of the better hymnals. Addison gives a mental image that requires music for its expression: Ten thousand thousand precious gifts my daily thanks employ; nor is the least a cheerful heart that tastes these gifts with joy! Here is the spirit of thanksgiving. Here is the understanding of what pleases God in our acceptance and use of His gifts. “A cheefful heart that tastes these gifts with joy” is the only kind of heart that can taste them safely. While Addison had in mind chiefly the gifts God showers upon us here below, he was too much of a Christian to think that God's gifts would cease at death. So he sang: Through every period of my life thy goodness I'll pursue; and after death in distant worlds, the glorious theme renew!

Verse
Singing and making melody . . . giving thanks always for all things.
Ephesians 5:19-20

Thought
“A cheerful heart that tastes these gifts with joy” is the only kind of heart that can taste them safely.

Prayer
Lord, You remind me today of so many things You have given me to be cheerful in, both now, and to come. I am truly thankful.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Sat, April 18, 2015
LET US BE THANKFUL
To be grateful to God’s servants is to be grateful to God; and it follows that in a very real sense we thank God when we thank His people. We will always have spiritual leaders, and I think we make two mistakes in our attitudes toward them. One is not being sufficiently grateful to them. The other is in following them too slavishly. The first is a sin of omission, and because it is something that is not there, it is not likely to be noticed as a sin that is plainly present. We do make a serious mistake when we become so attached to the preaching or writing of a great Christian leader that we accept his teaching without daring to examine it. We should follow men only as they follow the Lord. We should keep an open mind lest we become blind followers of a man whose breath is in his nostrils. Learn from every holy man and his ministry. Be grateful to every one of them and thankful for them—and then follow Christ.

Verse
Giving thanks always . . . in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Ephesians 5:20

Thought
We should follow men only as they follow the Lord.

Prayer
Lord, thank You for those who minister to me and for this reminder for me to thank them. Help me to regard them rightly as they follow Your will.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Sun, April 19, 2015
GOD GIVES-AND GIVES
We ought to spend more time remembering the blessings and the benefits God is continually giving us while we are alive—before we leave this vale of tears! He gives us forgivenes, so we are to live for Him as forgiven sinners. He gives us eternal life. This is not just a future reality—our life in Him is a present bestowment. He gives us sonship: “Beloved, now are we the sons of God!” In this relationship there are many other gifts we receive from God, and if we do not possess them, it is because we are not God’s children in faith. We ask God to help us, to meet some need, to do something for you, and the Lord mercifully does it. I consider these the little and the trifling things, yet we make a great deal of them. But they are really the passing things compared to the great present benefactions of forgiveness, reinstatement in favor with God, sonship, and eternal life.

Verse
Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called.
1 Timothy 6:12

Thought
We ought to spend more time remembering the blessings and the benefits God is continually giving us while we are alive—before we leave this vale of tears!

Prayer
Lord, so many things come to my mind as I stop to thank You, and all of them are precious. But the greatest of all is that I am redeemed, and I am Your child.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Mon, April 20, 2015
FAITHFUL STEWARDSHIP
God has been pleased to deal with us in a most remarkable way concerning our Christian stewardship and responsibility of honoring Him with the things He has entrusted to us. The Bible teaching is plain: you have the right to keep what you have all to yourself, but it will then rust and decay and ultimately ruin you. This may hurt some of you, but I am obliged to tell you that God does not need anything you have. He does not need a dime of your money. What you need to understand is that it is your own spiritual welfare at stake in such matters as this. There is a beautiful and enriching principle involved in our offering to God what we are and what we have, but none of us are giving because there is a depression in heaven. A long time ago God said: “If I had need of anything, would I tell you?” Brethren, if the living God had need of anything, He would no longer be God!

Verse
Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God has prospered him.
1 Corinthians 16:2

Thought
God does not need anything you have!

Prayer
Lord, help me to remember the reasons that I give to Your work and make me a faithul trustee of the blessings You give me.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Tue, April 21, 2015
LIVE FOR GOD'S GLORY
It may be difficult for the average Christian to get hold of the idea that his daily labors can be performed as acts of worship acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. We must practice living to the glory of God actually and determinedly. By one act of consecration of our total selves to God we can make every subsequent act express that consecration. By meditation upon this truth, by talking it over with God often in our prayers, by recalling it to our minds frequently as we move about among men, a sense of its wondrous meaning will begin to take hold of us. The New Testament accepts as a matter of course that in His incarnation, our Lord took upon Him a real human body. He lived in that body here among men and never once performed a non-sacred act. Brethren, we must offer all our acts to God and believe that He accepts them. We should then keep reminding God in our times of private prayer that we mean every act for His glory. We thus meet the temptations and trials by the exercise of an aggressive faith in the sufficiency of Christ.

Verse
That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Romans 15:6

Thought
Our Lord took upon Him a real human body. He lived in that body here among men and never once performed a non-sacred act.

Prayer
Lord, I live every moment of this day to fulfil Your desires in me. Remind me as I do each task that You are my sufficiency.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Wed, April 22, 2015
“WHY AM I HERE?”
Since the first fallen man got still long enough to think, fallen men have been asking these questions: “Whence came I? What am I? Why am I here? and Where am I going?” The noblest minds of the race have struggled with these questions to no avail. Did the answer lie somewhere hidden like a jewel it would surely have been uncovered, for the most penetrating minds of the race have searched for it everywhere in the region of human experience. Yet the answers remain as securely hidden as if they did not exist. Why is man lost philosophically? Because he is lost morally and spiritually. He cannot answer the questions life presents to his intellect because the light of God has gone out in his soul. The fearful indictment the Holy Ghost brings against mankind is summed up count by count in the openings of Romans and the conduct of every man from earliest recorded history is evidence enough to sustain the indictment. Apart from the Scriptures, we have no sure philosophy, apart from Jesus Christ we have no true knowledge of God; apart from the inliving Spirit, we have no ability to live lives morally pleasing to God.

Verse
Who worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator . . . God gave them over to a reprobate mind.
Romans 1:25, 28

Thought
Why is man lost philosophically? Because he is lost morally and spiritually.

Prayer
Lord, You are the foundation of a life with any basis and meaning. Help us to remember that when we strive to reach those who are searching for those very things.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 14 Apr 2015, 6:19 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Thu, April 09, 2015
ANSWERING GOD'S CALL
When will men and women realize that when God calls us out He is completely faithful to call us into something better? In his faith, Abraham was against idolatry and idol-making, but that was not his crusade. Because of his faith, God led him into a promised land, into possessions and into the lineage that brought forth the Messiah. The call of God is always to something better—keep that in mind! God calls us into the joys and reality of eternal life. He calls us into purity of life and spirit so that we may acceptably walk with Him. He calls us into a life of service and usefulness that brings glory to Himself as God. He calls us into the sweetest fellowship possible on this earth—the fellowship of the family of God. If God takes away from us the old, wrinkled, beat-up dollar bill we clutch so desperately, it is only because He wants to exchange it for the whole federal mint, the entire treasury. He is saying, "I have in store for you all the resources of heaven. Help yourself!"

Verse
And the Lord . . . called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak, for thy servant heareth.
1 Samuel 3:10

Thought
The call of God is always to something better—keep that in mind!

Prayer
Lord, let me always remember that there is nothing better for me than being in that place where I can do exactly what You will.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Fri, April 10, 2015
AUTHORITY IN PREACHING
Because we are Christians who believe the inspired Word of God and because we believe that the Holy Spirit is the abiding third person of the Trinity, there should be more divine authority in our preaching ministries. A preacher of this gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ should have the authority of God upon him, so that he makes the people responsible to listen to him. When they will not listen to him, they are accountable to God for turning away from the divine Word. A preacher under God's unction should reign from his pulpit as a king from his throne. He should not reign by law or by regulation or by man's authority. He ought to reign by moral ascendancy. The divine authority is missing from many pulpits. We have "tabby cats" with their claws carefully trimmed in the seminary, so they can paw over the congregations and never scratch them at all. The Holy Spirit will sharpen the arrows of the man of God who preaches the whole counsel of God.

Verse
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
2 Timothy 4:2

Thought
A preacher under God's unction should reign from his pulpit as a king from his throne.

Prayer
Lord, make those who minister to me soothe me when I need to be soothed but scratch me when I need to scratched.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Sat, April 11, 2015
THE UNITY OF ALL THINGS
If we are humble and sincere Christians, this should be one of the most welcome thoughts we have ever considered: the work of Christ in redemption will achieve ultimately the expulsion of sin, the only divisive agent in the universe. When that is accomplished, God's creation will once more realize the unification of all things. We who are men and women, though redeemed and regenerated, are submerged in time; therefore we properly say that prophecy is history foretold and history is prophecy fulfilled. But in God there is no "was" or "will be" but a continuous and unbroken "is." In Him, history and prophecy are one and the same. God contains past and future in His own Being. It is sin that has brought diversity, separation, dissimilarity. Sin has introduced divisions into a universe essentially one. We do not understand this, but we must let our faith rest on the character of God. The concept of the unity of all things is seen in the Scriptures. Paul said that God will reconcile all things unto Himself, whether they be things in earth or in heaven.

Verse
For it pleased the Father . . . by him to reconcile all things unto himself . . . whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
Colossians 2:19-20

Thought
The work of Christ in redemption will achieve ultimately the expulsion of sin, the only divisive agent in the universe.

Prayer
Lord, thank You for being the constant I AM who works in me always.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Sun, April 12, 2015
CROSSING OVER JORDAN
The prophets and the psalmists of the Old Testament wrestled as we do with the problem of evil in a divine universe but their approach to God and nature was much more direct than ours. They did not interpose between God and His world that opaque web we moderns call the laws of nature. They could see God in a whirlwind and hear Him in a storm, and they did not hesitate to say so. There was about their lives an immediate apprehension of the divine. Everything in heaven and on earth assured them that this is God’s world and that He rules over all. I heard a Methodist bishop tell of being called to the bedside of an elderly dying woman in his early ministry. He said he was frightened; but the old saint was radiantly happy. When he tried to express the sorrow he felt about her illness, she would not hear it. “Why, God bless you young man,” she said cheerfully. “There is nothing to be scared about. I am just going to cross over Jordan, where my Father owns the land on both sides of the river!” She understood about the unity of all things in God’s creation.

Verse
O death, where is thy sting? . . . thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 15:55, 57

Thought
The prophets and the psalmists of the Old Testament wrestled as we do with the problem of evil in a divine universe but their approach to God and nature was much more direct than ours. They did not interpose between God and His world that opaque web we moderns call the laws of nature.

Prayer
Lord, there are so many things in the world that You made for us which serve to draw our attention back to Your divine and gracious will toward us. Thank You for that calm assurance.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Mon, April 13, 2015
GOD AND THE INDIVIDUAL
When the eternal Son of God became the Son of Man and walked on this earth, He always called individuals to His side. Jesus did not come into the world to deal with statistics. He deals with individuals and that is why the Christian message is and always has been: “God loves the world. He loves the masses and throngs only because they are made up of individuals. He loves every individual person in the world.” In the great humanistic tide of our day, the individual is no longer the concern. We are pressed to think of the human race in a lump. We are schooled to think of the human race in terms of statistics. In many nations, the state is made to be everything and the individual means nothing at all. Into the very face and strength of this kind of humanism comes the Christian evangel, the good news of salvation, wondrously alight with the assurance for all who will listen: “You are an individual and you matter to God. His concern is not for genes and species but for the individuals He has created!”

Verse
Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.
Romans 4:8

Thought
Jesus did not come into the world to deal with statistics!

Prayer
Lord, thank You for dealing with me one on one, and continue to challenge me to seek Your face one on one.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Tue, April 14, 2015
SAVED FROM IDOLATRY
It has been proven often in history that whoever entertains an unworthy conception of God is throwing his or her being wide open to the sin of idolatry, which is in essence, a defamation of the divine character. It is vitally important that we think soundly about God. Since He is the foundation of all our religious belief, it follows that if we err in our ideas of God, we will go astray in everything else. We would like to believe that there are no longer false gods in the world, but actually we recognize some of them in our own society. What about the glorified “Chairman of the Board” of the modern businessman? Or the story-telling, back-slapping god of some of the service clubs? Think of the dreamy-eyed god of the unregenerate poet cozy, aesthetic, and willing to fellowship with anybody who thinks high thoughts and believes in moral equality. We often encounter the tricky, unscrupulous god of the superstitious; and the list goes on. Thankfully, we have found that to know and follow Christ is to be saved from all forms of idolatry.

Verse
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God.
Exodus 20:5

Thought
If we err in our ideas of God, we will go astray in everything else.

Prayer
Lord, help me to remember that there is no replacement for You, and that You are who You are no matter what anyone believes of You.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 09 Apr 2015, 12:52 am

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Sun, April 05, 2015
GOD'S PLACE AS CREATOR
We make a mistake if we do not learn to admire God in all things, great and small; for a new rich mine would be opened in our consciousness if we could learn to recognize God in nature as well as in grace! We do acknowledge that the God of nature is also the God of grace; and it is true that we glorify God's redeeming grace no less when we glorify His creating and sustaining power. When Christ came to redeem us, He stepped into the framework of an afready existent nature. If we will obey and believe, we can go on pushing back the narrow borders of our spiritual world until it takes in the whole creation of God! At one time, the English merchant and renowned poet, William Blake, stood watching the sun come up out of the sea. The bright yellow disk of the sun emerged, gliding the water and painting the sky with a thousand colors. "Ah! I see gold!" the merchant said. Blake answered, "I see the glory of God! And I hear a multitude of the heavenly host crying, 'The whole earth is full of His glory.'"

Verse
Thou art worthy, 0 Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things.
Revelation 4:11

Thought
We do acknowledge that the God of nature is also the God of grace; and it is true that we glorify God's redeeming grace no less when we glorify His creating and sustaining power.

Prayer
Lord, I do admire You, and I pray that You will remind me that the whole world is full of Your glory.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Mon, April 06, 2015
WHAT REALLY MATTERS?
It is all but impossible these days to get people to pay any attention to things that really matter. The broad cynic in our modern civilization is likely to ask: "What really matters, after all?" It is our personal relationship to God that really matters! That takes priority over everything else; for no man can afford to live or die under the frowning displeasure of God. Yet, name one modern device that can save him from it. Where can a man find security? Can philosophy help him? Or psychology? Or science? Or atoms, or wonder drugs, or vitamins? Only Christ can help him, and His aid is as old as man's sin and man's need. A few other things matter to be sure. We must trust Christ completely. We must carry our cross daily. We must love God and our fellow men. We must fulfill our commission as ambassadors of Christ among men. We must grow in grace and in the knowledge of God and come at last to our end like a ripe shock of corn at harvest time. These are the things that really matter!

Verse
For what hath man of all his labour . . . wherein he hath laboured under the sun?
Ecciesiastes 2:22

Thought
We must trust Christ completely. We must carry our cross daily. We must love God and our fellow men. We must fulfill our commission as ambassadors of Christ among men. We must grow in grace and in the knowledge of God and come at last to our end like a ripe shock of corn at harvest time.

Prayer
Lord, teach me today and always, to keep my focus on what really matters.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Tue, April 07, 2015
FAITH MUST BE RESTORED
The Bible tells about man's being alienated from and an enemy to God. Should this sound harsh or extreme you have only to imagine your closest friend coming to you and stating in cold seriousness that he no longer has any confidence in you. "I do not trust you. I have lost confidence in your character. I am forced to suspect every move you make"—such a declaration would instantly alienate friends by destroying the foundation upon which every friendship is built. Until your former friend's opinion of you had been reversed, there could be no further communion. People do not go boldly to God and profess that they have no confidence in Him and they usually do not witness publicly to their low view of God. The frightful thing, however, is that people everywhere act out their unbelief with a consistency that is more convincing than words. Christianity provides a way back from this place of unbelief and alienation: "He that cometh to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him." God took the wrong upon Himself in order that the one who committed the wrong might be saved!

Verse
Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief.
Hebrews 3:12

Thought
People do not go boldly to God and profess that they have no confidence in Him, and they usually do not witness publicly to their low view of God.

Prayer
Lord, purge me from the unbelief that sometimes seperates me from You. Keep me in a right relationship with You.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Wed, April 08, 2015
TOO MUCH "AT HOME"
One of the most telling indictments against many of us who compose our Christian churches is the almost complete acceptance of the contemporary scene as our permanent home! We have been working and earning, getting and spending, and now we are enjoying the creature comforts known to human beings in this land. You may bristle a bit and ask: "Is there anything wrong with being comfortable?" Let me answer in this way: if you are a Christian and you are comfortably "at home" in Chicago or Toronto, in Iowa or Alberta - or any other address on planet earth, the signs are evident that you are in spiritual trouble. The spiritual equation reads like this: the greater your contentment with your daily circumstances in this world, the greater your defection from the ranks of God's pilgrims enroute to a city whose architect and builder is God Himself! If we can feel that we have put down our roots in this present world, then our Lord still has much to teach us about faith and attachment to our Savior!

Verse
These all died in faith... and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
Hebrews 11:13

Thought
If you are a Christian and you are comfortably "at home" in Chicago or Toronto, in Iowa or Alberta - or any other address on planet earth, the signs are evident that you are in spiritual trouble.

Prayer
Lord, I pray that you not let me grow too comfortable here, but remind me that this world is not my home, only a temporary residence. Let me not grow content with this contaminated world.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 05 Apr 2015, 12:33 am

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Sat, April 04, 2015
MORAL DETERMINATION
Though we do not have much of it in this age of spineless religion, there is nevertheless much in the Bible about the place of moral determination in the service of the Lord. The Old Testament tells us that "Jacob vowed a vow," and Daniel "purposed in his heart." Paul determined "not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and Him crucified." Above all, we have the example of the Lord Jesus "setting His face like a flint" and walking straight toward the cross. These and many others have left us a record of spiritual greatness born out of a will firmly set to do the will of God! They did not try to float to heaven on a perfumed cloud, but cheerfully accepted the fact that "with purpose of heart they must cleave to the Lord." We must surrender—and in that terrible, wonderful moment we may feel that our will has been forever broken, but such is not the case. In His conquest of the soul, God purges the will and brings it into union with His own, but He never breaks it!

Verse
He was glad, and exhorted them all, that with purpose of heart they would cleave unto the Lord.
Acts 11:23

Thought
Though we do not have much of it in this age of spineless religion, there is nevertheless much in the Bible about the place of moral determination in the service of the Lord.

Prayer
Lord, thank You for the reminder that my will is no longer mine, but is to be fully surrendered to You for Your glory as is the rest of my life.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 03 Apr 2015, 10:58 pm

WORTHY OR UNWORTHY?
The love of Jesus is so inclusive that it knows no boundaries. At the point where we stop loving and caring, Jesus is still there—loving and caring! The question may be asked: "How does the living Christ feel today about the sinful men and women who walk our streets?" There is only one answer: He loves them! We may be righteously indignant about the things they do. We may be disgusted with their actions and their ways. We are often ready to condemn and turn away from them. But Jesus keeps on loving them! It is His unchanging nature to love and seek the lost. He said many times when He was on earth, "I have come to help the needy. The well do not need a doctor, but the sick need attention and love." We are prone to look at the needy and measure them: "Let us determine if they are worthy of our help." During all of His ministry, I do not think Jesus ever helped a "worthy" person. He only asked, "What is your need? Do you need My help?"

Verse
And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge.
Ephesians 3:19

Thought
I do not think Jesus ever helped a "worthy" person. He only asked, "What is your need? Do you need My help?"

Prayer
Lord, let Your criteria for help be mine, and let me not present a blind eye to those who need me most.

I CHOOSE TO WORSHIP
Strange things are happening all around us in Christian circles because we are not truly worshipers. For instance, any untrained, unprepared, unspiritual empty rattletrap of a person can start something "religious" and find plenty of followers who will listen and promote it! Beyond that, it may become very evident that he or she had never heard from God in the first place. All of the examples we have in the Bible illustrate that glad and devoted and reverent worship is the normal employment of human beings. Every glimpse that is given us of heaven and of God's created beings is always a glimpse of worship and rejoicing and praise-because God is who He is! Because we are not truly worshipers, we spend a lot of time in the churches just spinning our wheels—making a noise but not getting anywhere. What are we going to do about this awesome, beautiful worship that God calls for? I would rather worship God than do any other thing I know of in all this wide world!

Verse
Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.
1 Timothy 3:6

Thought
Any untrained, unprepared, unspiritual empty rattletrap of a person can start something "religious" and find plenty of followers who will listen and promote it!

Prayer
Lord, help me to worship You always in spirit and in truth.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Wed, April 01, 2015
A MORAL PRONOUNCEMENT
What is God saying to His human creation in our day and time? In brief, He is saying, "Jesus Christ is My beloved Son. Hear Him!" Why is there rejection? Why do men and women fail to listen?Because God's message in Jesus is a moral pronouncement. Men and women do not wish to be under the authority of the moral Word of God! For centuries, God spoke in many ways. He inspired holy men to write portions of the message in a book. People do not like it so they try their best to avoid it because God has made it the final test of all morality, the final test of all Christian ethics.God, being one in His nature, is always able to say the same thing to everyone who hears Him. Christian believers must know that any understanding of the Word of God must come from the same Spirit who provided the inspiration!

Verse
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path ... I will keep thy righteous judgments.
Psalm 119:105-106

Thought
Christian believers must know that any understanding of the Word of God must come from the same Spirit who provided the inspiration!

Prayer
Lord, I submit myself to Your moral authority, and I pray that holiness will be the product of my morality.

MYSTICISM PLUS THEOLOGY
Christian preachers and ministers ought to acknowledge, publicly and with humility, their great indebtedness to the apostles John and Paul. Study the Gospel of John and you will concur with me that John is surely the mystic of the New Testament! Explore the epistles of the Apostle Paul and you will also concur with the assessment that Paul is surely the theologian of the New Testament! John and Paul were completely immersed in love and adoration for Jesus, the Christ, the eternal Son and the Savior of the world. So we may say that Paul is the instrument and John is the music! God Himself was able to pour into the great mind and spirit of Paul the basic doctrines of the New Testament. But in John, God found harp-like qualities to sound forth devotion and praise. Paul, then, is the theologian who lays foundations. John does not really soar any higher than Paul-but he sings just a bit more sweetly! It is not amazing, really, that there is much mysticism in Paul's theology, and much theology in John's mysticism!

Verse
Holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
2 Peter 1:21

Thought
God Himself was able to pour into the great mind and spirit of Paul the basic doctrines of the New Testament. But in John, God found harp-like qualities to sound forth devotion and praise.

Prayer
Lord, thank You for all the different ways, and all of the different personalities You have used to bring the gospel to life.

PRAYERS: TOO LATE
John, in the sixth of Revelation, describes the most tragic, unavailing prayer meeting in the world's history! Cries and groans, shouts and demands, moans and whisper - all will be heard in that coming Day of the Lord when the forces of judgment are released. Even the mountains and the islands will be removed from their places. But by then, the prayers and cries of sinful men and women will be too little and too late! All of the great men of the earth, all the important people, all who have mistakenly put their trust and hope in purely human abilities will join those crying out in guilt. They will call on the crumbling rocks and mountains to fall on them to hide them from the wrath of God. I am among those who believe that the judgments of God are certain. We do not know the day nor the hour. But God is indeed going to shake the earth as it has never been shaken before, and He will turn it over to the Worthy One to whom it belongs—Jesus Christ!

Verse
For the great day of his wrath is come; who shall be able to stand?
Revelation 6:17

Thought
I am among those who believe that the judgments of God are certain.

Prayer
Lord, thank You for delivering me from the prospects of Your terrible but just judgemnt.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 29 Mar 2015, 10:45 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Thu, March 26, 2015
A CAREER-AND CHRIST
It is a beautiful New Testament story that tells us of Lydia of Philippi, a career woman in her own right, long before there were laws and proclamations to set women free. A seller of purple, Lydia traveled to the market of her day, and undoubtedly she had found freedom and satisfaction in that era when women were not counted at all. But Lydia heard the Apostle Paul tell of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, and the Lord opened her heart. In Christ she found an eternal answer, which career and position had never been able to give. Now, about conditions today. Our society has set women free to be just as bad as the men-and just as miserable. We have set them free to swear and curse and to set their own morals. Politically, women are now free to vote just as blindly as the men do. But I hope women today will find what Lydia found: that their careers will lack the word "eternal" until they find their answer in the eternal Christ, our Lord Jesus!

Verse
A woman named Lydia, of the city of Thyatira... whose heart the Lord opened.
Acts 16:14

Thought
Our society has set women free to be just as bad as the men—and just as miserable.

Prayer
Lord, thank You for the opportunity to have a career that will endure.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Fri, March 27, 2015
REJOICE OR GRUMBLE
I think all of us meet Christian men and women who always seem to look on the gloomy side and are never able to do anything with life's problems but grumble about them! I meet them often and when I do, I wonder: "Can these people be reading and trusting the same Bible I have been reading?" The Apostle Peter wrote to the tempted, suffering, and persecuted believers in his day and noted with thanksgiving that they could rejoice because they counted God's promises and provisions greater than their trials! We do live in a sinful and imperfect world, and as believers in Christ we acknowledge that perfection is a relative thing now—and God has not really completed a thing with us as yet! Peter testified that the persecuted and suffering Christians of his day were looking, in faith, to a future state of things immeasurably better than that which they knew and that state of things would be perfect and complete!

Verse
Ye greatly rejoice . . . though you are in heaviness through manifold temptations.
1 Peter 1:6

Thought
We do live in a sinful and imperfect world, and as believers in Christ, we acknowledge that perfection is a relative thing now—and God has not really completed a thing with us as yet!

Prayer
Lord, help me to remember that You have not completed Your work with us just yet.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Sat, March 28, 2015
IS THE CHURCH WEARY?
As Christian believers, we stand together in the evangelical faith—the historical faith of our fathers. Yet, we must confess that many congregations seem bogged down with moral boredom and life-weariness. The Church is tired, discouraged, and unastonished; Christ seems to belong to yesterday. The prophetic teachers have projected everything into the dim future where it is beyond our reach-unavailable! They have dispensationalized us into a state of spiritual poverty—and they have left us there! But regardless of such teachers, the course of spiritual victory is clear; let us trust what the Word of God continues to say to us! The Scriptures are open and plain. Jesus Christ is our Savior and Lord. He is our great High Priest, alive and ministering for us today. His person, His power and His grace are the same; without change, yesterday, today and forever!

Verse
In this, the children of God are manifest.
1 John 3:10

Thought
The church is tired, discouraged and unastonished—Christ seems to belong to yesterday.

Prayer
Lord, let me not grow weary doing Your work.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Sun, March 29, 2015
CLAIM YOUR INHERITANCE
Did you know that it is possible for a Christian believer to live day after day, clutching the book of Ephesians, and still not realize that he is spiritually lean and hungry? If a pastor or evangelist suggests that this person could be in a more prosperous spiritual state, his reaction may be bristling: "Am I not accepted in the Beloved? Is not God my Father, and am I not an heir with God?" Holding the text of the will is not enough. It is necessary to come into the possession of the riches. Suppose a rich man dies, leaving a will which passes on all of his millions to his only son. That boy borrows the text of the will from the attorney and carries it around with him. He is satisfied with the text of the will, but it has never been properly executed. Thus the son has never presented his legitimate claims to the inheritance. He may be going around ragged, hungry, and weak. In actual experience, he has received nothing. He simply holds the text of his father's will!

Verse
That thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
3 John 2

Thought
Is not God my Father, and am I not an heir with God?

Prayer
Lord, don't let me rob myself of my inheritance by forgetting to claim it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 25 Mar 2015, 8:57 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Mon, March 23, 2015
TOP SIDE OF THE SOUL
It is certainly a reality in our day that too few men and women are willing to keep the "top side" of their souls open to God and to His light from heaven. You may wonder about such expression as the "top side" of the soul, but I do think it is in line with Bible teaching, and certainly in line with all Christian experience. The heart and soul are open to God in some people's lives, but certainly not in others. We should be aware that man's forgiveness is not always like God's. When a man makes a mistake and has to be forgiven, the shadow may still hang over him among his fellows. But when God forgives, He begins the new page right away. Then when the devil runs up and says, "What about his past?" God replies, "What past? He has been forgiven!" Now, I think that kind of forgiveness and justification and acceptance with God depends upon a person's willingness to keep the "top side" of the soul open to God and His saving grace!

Verse
To open their eyes and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God.
Acts 26:18

Thought
The heart and soul are open to God in some people's lives but certainly not in others.

Prayer
Lord, thank You for starting fresh with me, and clothing me with a new robe. I could never really open any side of me up to You without Your saving grace, and so I relish Your never ending grace.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Tue, March 24, 2015
THE DAY OF THE LORD
The human race has always been quick to blame the world's disasters, floods, famines, plagues on natural causes. But in the end of the age, when the final judgments of God begin to fall, how long will it be until people confess that there is another real, though invisible, force in operation? Truly the wrath of God will leave no hiding place for sinning, alienated men and women! John, in the Revelation, speaks of the mighty trumpets that will sound and the woes that will descend upon the earth. In my own view, I link these events to the dramatic period throughout the earth when the antichrist has prevailed by deception and force. When God is finally ready to refine and restore the earth, everyone in heaven and on earth and in hell will know that no human laboratory could compound the fire that will be poured out on the earth. God has promised that He will not hide His wrath forever. He is prepared to speak in supernatural manifestations in that coming Day of The Lord!

Verse
These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them.
Revelation 17:14

Thought
God has promised that He will not hide His wrath forever.

Prayer
Lord, sometimes it seems like things will never be set right because our sight is so short. Thank You for reminding me that Your day is coming. Thank You for letting me in the halelujah section instead of the weeping section when that day comes.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Wed, March 25, 2015
A PRAYER AT COMMUNION
Dear Lord and Savior, we come to your table in faith, for you have told us, "As often as you do this, do it in memory of Me." Help us to celebrate this remembrance of death and resurrection in the very best way we know how. Do then, we pray Thee, overshadow us with Thy very breathing Presence. Breathe on us, 0 Breath of God; quicken and heal and purify and cleanse. Strengthen and perfect that which is wanting in us. Bless the strangers and the friends who happen to be within our gates today. Dear Lord, make them sense that they have found a home among us as we worship, and to realize that they are just as much "owners" here as we are; for it is the Lord's house and the Lord's table—it is not ours. We are all guests and children in the household—all of us! And we pray that we may love Thee acceptably, for we would not wound Thee again! Thou didst love us with such poured-out love that not even the blood in Thy veins was dear enough to Thee—we were dearer than that blood! All of this we ask in Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.

Verse
Ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
1 Corinthians 11:26

Thought
We are all guests and children in the household—all of us! And we pray that we may love Thee acceptably, for we would not wound Thee again!

Prayer
Lord, remind me daily of the special significance our remeberence of You holds, and may I never look with anything but amazed reverence at the memory of Your death, burial, and resurrection.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 41 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum