Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 115 on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 3:20 pm
Latest topics
» ATLAS SHRUGS - PAMELA GELLER
Tozer Devotional - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 8:47 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
Tozer Devotional - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 8:45 pm by Admin

» Medical Examiner: Epstein Autopsy More Consistent with Homicidal Strangulation Than Suicide
Tozer Devotional - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 8:10 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Tozer Devotional - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 10:36 am by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Tozer Devotional - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 10:35 am by Admin

» Daily Disciples
Tozer Devotional - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 10:33 am by Admin

» Multiple Stabbings Britain UK
Tozer Devotional - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 10:18 am by Admin

»  Impeachment Hearing 609
Tozer Devotional - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 10:12 am by Admin

» BREITBART NEWS
Tozer Devotional - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 10:10 am by Admin

» Delrifkah: HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY.
Tozer Devotional - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 12:14 am by Admin

» Daily Encounter with: ACTS International
Tozer Devotional - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 12:07 am by Admin

» Michelle Obama
Tozer Devotional - Page 3 EmptyMon 18 Nov 2019, 11:56 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor
Tozer Devotional - Page 3 EmptyMon 18 Nov 2019, 11:08 pm by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
Tozer Devotional - Page 3 EmptyMon 18 Nov 2019, 11:04 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Tozer Devotional - Page 3 EmptyMon 18 Nov 2019, 10:59 pm by Admin

» MISC NEWS AROUND THE WORLD
Tozer Devotional - Page 3 EmptyMon 18 Nov 2019, 1:11 pm by Admin

» The Royals UK
Tozer Devotional - Page 3 EmptyMon 18 Nov 2019, 11:56 am by Admin

» ENDTIME HEADLINES
Tozer Devotional - Page 3 EmptyMon 18 Nov 2019, 11:55 am by Admin

» Daily Disciples
Tozer Devotional - Page 3 EmptyMon 18 Nov 2019, 11:53 am by Admin

» servant @ TWO LISTENERS
Tozer Devotional - Page 3 EmptyMon 18 Nov 2019, 11:52 am by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Tozer Devotional

Page 3 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 41  Next

Go down

Tozer Devotional - Page 3 Empty Re: Tozer Devotional

Post  Admin on Sun 11 Oct 2015, 3:08 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Tue, October 06, 2015
The Transformed Life
Many of the great evangelists who have touched the world for God, including such men as Jonathan Edwards and Charles Finney, have declared that those who insist on Christianity being made “too easy” are betraying the Church. Jesus laid down the terms of Christian discipleship, and there are some among us who criticize, “Those words of Jesus sound harsh and cruel.” This is where we stand: receiving Jesus Christ into your life means that you have made an attachment to the Person of Christ that is revolutionary in that it reverses the life and transforms it completely! It is complete in that it leaves no part of the life unaffected. It exempts no area of the life of the total man. By faith and through grace, you have now formed an exclusive relationship with your Savior, Jesus Christ. All of your other relationships are now conditioned and determined by your one relationship to your Savior. To receive Jesus Christ, then, is to attach ourselves in faith to His holy person, to live or die, forever! He must be first and last and all!

Verse
He that taketh not his cross . . . is not worthy of me.
Matthew 10:38

Thought
Receiving Jesus Christ into your life means that you have made an attachment to the Person of Christ that is revolutionary, in that it reverses the life and transforms it completely!

Prayer
Lord, receiving You into my life could never be anything less than revolutionary. You have changed me completely. I accept Your sovereign will for my life no matter what that may be.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Wed, October 07, 2015
Running Life's Race
The writer to the Hebrews gives us good New Testament counsel: “Let us run the race with patience.” The Holy Spirit here describes Christian believers as runners on the track, participants in the race, which is the Christian life. He provides both strong warning and loving encouragement, for there is always the danger of losing the race. But there is also the victor’s reward awaiting those who run with patience and endurance. So there are important things each of us should know and understand about our struggles as the faithful people of God. For instance, it is a fact that the Christian race is a contest. But in no sense is it a competition between believers or between churches! As we live the life of faith, we Christians are never to be in competition with other Christians. The Bible makes this very plain! Christian churches are never told to carry on their proclamation of the Savior in a spirit of competition with other Jesus churches. The Holy Spirit tells us to keep our eyes on Jesus not on others who are also running the race!

Verse
Let us run with patience the race that is set before us.
Hebrews 12:1

Thought
The Holy Spirit tells us to keep our eyes on Jesus not on others who are also running the race!

Prayer
Lord, help to remember that while I run this race, there are many teammates who run along side me. Help me to encourage them as they encourage me.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Thu, October 08, 2015
Are We Mired Down?
God will speak to us if we read and study and obey the Word of God! But when He does speak, we should speak back to Him in prayer and devotion. Otherwise, we are among the Christians who are mired down right where we are. Many in our congregations have grown older and yet are not one inch farther up the mountain than on that day when the sun first arose on them in conversion. In fact, some are not even as far advanced along the way with God as they were a few years ago. If these things are true, I can only conclude that there are “common” Christians—men and women who no longer hear the Lord speaking to them, as they should. Can they really think that this halfway Christian life is the best that we can know? In the face of what Christ offers us, how can we settle for so little? It is a tragedy of our time that so many are settling for less than the Lord is willing to give!

Verse
I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot.
Revelation 3:1

Thought
In the face of what Christ offers us, how can we settle for so little?

Prayer
Lord, I want all that You will give me. Make me willing and able to reach the top of the mountains You have prepared for me.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Fri, October 09, 2015
Mediocre Christianity
Read your New Testament again and you will agree that mediocrity in the Christian life is not the highest that Jesus offers. Certainly, God is not honored by our arrested spiritual development—our permanent halfway spiritual condition. We all know that the Bible tells us that we honor God by going on to full maturity in Christ! Why, then, do we settle for those little pleasures that tickle the saintlets and charm the fancy of the carnal? It is because we once heard a call to take up the cross; but instead of following toward the heights, we bargained with the Lord like a street huckster! We felt an urge to be spent for Christ, but instead of going on, we started asking questions. We began to bicker and bargain with God about His standards for spiritual attainment. This is plain truth, not about unbelieving “liberals” but about those who have been born again and who dare to ask, “Lord, what will it cost me?”

Verse
I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal.
1 Corinthians 3:1

Thought
Certainly, God is not honored by our arrested spiritual development—our permanent halfway spiritual condition.

Prayer
Lord, as I die to myself, may I remember that You died for me. May my life bear the fruit that maturity brings.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Sat, October 10, 2015
Instruct-Then Exhort
The godly men of old through whom the Scriptures came to us were faithful in their exhortations to personal faith and godliness, characteristic of the Early Church. The apostolic method of teaching, instructing, and encouraging was based on solid and fundamental Christian doctrine. This was Paul’s method in his New Testament letters. First, he gives his readers the scriptural reasons for certain Christian actions and attributes. He provides the basis and reason, then he exhorts the readers to respond appropriately. We do not know if Paul was the human writer to the Hebrews, but the method of exhortation is like Paul’s. We are assured that Christ is greater than Moses and the angels and that He purchased mankind’s salvation. Then the exhortation—if all of these things are true, then we should continue to love one another; keep on praying for one another. It is a good and gracious argument, because we have reasons for doing something, we ought to do it without delay and without reservation!

Verse
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly . . . teaching and admonishing one another.
Colossians 3:16

Thought
If all of these things are true, then we should continue to love one another, keep on praying for one another.

Prayer
Lord, I ask You for the wisdom to pray as I ought to for my brethren. I pray for the will to love them, as I try to encourage and help them to grow. Make me personally effective to those I know.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Sun, October 11, 2015
Not Ready For Heaven?
I can safely say on the authority of all that is revealed in the Word of God that any man or woman on this earth who is bored and turned off by worship is not ready for heaven! Now, I can almost hear someone saying, “Is Tozer getting away from justification by faith?” I assure you that Martin Luther never believed in justification by faith more strongly than I do. But nowadays, there is a deadly, automatic quality about getting saved. This bothers me greatly: “Sinner, just put a nickel’s worth of faith in the slot, pull down the lever, and take out the little card of salvation.” Tuck it in your wallet and off you go—a justified believer! But really, my brother or sister, we are brought to God and to faith and to salvation that we might worship. We do not come to God that we might be automatic Christians stamped out with a dye! God has provided His salvation that we might be individually and personally vibrant children of God, loving God with all our heart and worshiping Him in the beauty of holiness!

Verse
My meditation of him shall be sweet; I will be glad in the Lord.
Psalm 104:34

Thought
I assure you that Martin Luther never believed in justification by faith more strongly than I do. But nowadays there is a deadly, automatic quality about getting saved.

Prayer
Lord, I appreciate how that in the world of believers there is not one the same as the other. You have given us unique talents and gifts, and unique lives. Help me realize my own special challenges.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 05 Oct 2015, 7:28 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Fri, October 02, 2015
Easter And Missions
Do we really believe that the resurrection of Jesus Christ is something more than making us the “happiest fellows in the Easter parade”? Are we just to listen to the bright cantata and join in singing, “Up from the Grave He Arose,” smell the flowers and go home and forget it? No, certainly not! It is truth and a promise with a specific moral application. The resurrection certainly commands us with all the authority of sovereign obligation—the missionary obligation! I cannot give in t” the devil’s principle, deceitful tactic, which makes so many Christians satisfied with an “Easter celebration” instead of experiencing the power of Christ’s resurrection. It is the devil’s business to keep Christians mourning and weeping with pity beside the cross instead of demonstrating that Jesus Christ is risen, indeed. When will the Christian church rise up, depend on His promise and power, and get on the offensive for the risen and ascended Savior?

Verse
That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection . . .
Philippians 3:10

Thought
It is truth and a promise with a specific moral application. The resurrection certainly commands us with all the authority of sovereign obligation—the missionary obligation!

Prayer
Lord, Your resurrection has made me truly happy; nothing else could mean more. It made the way for my salvation.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Sat, October 03, 2015
"I Will Not Forsake You!"
Men without God suffer alone and die alone in times of war and in other circumstances of life. All alone! But it can never be said that any true soldier of the cross of Jesus Christ, no man or woman as missionary or messenger of the Truth has ever gone out to a ministry alone! There have been many Christian martyrs, but not one of them was on that mission field alone. Jesus Christ keeps His promise of taking them by the hand and leading them triumphantly through to the world beyond. We can sum it up by noting that Jesus Christ asks us only to surrender to His lordship and obey His commands. When the Spirit of God deals with our young people about their own missionary responsibility, Christ assures them of His presence and power as they prepare to go: All power is given unto Me! I am no longer in the grave. I will protect you. I will support you. I will go ahead of you. I will give you effectiveness for your witness and ministry. Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations “I will never leave you nor forsake you!”

Verse
And, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Matthew 28:20

Thought
There have been many Christian martyrs, but not one of them was on that mission field alone.

Prayer
Lord, thank You that I am never alone. I pray that I will remember as I face my own challenges that You are there with me.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Sun, October 04, 2015
Leaning Toward Heresy
When large numbers of adherents in the Christian churches come to believe that God is different from what He actually is, that concept becomes heresy of the most insidious and deadly kind! When the Christian Church surrenders her once lofty concept of God and substitutes for it ideas so low, so ignoble as to be utterly unworthy, her situation is tragic indeed. Into the life and the practices of the Church comes a whole new philosophy; and the sense of the divine Presence and the majesty of God are no longer known. Although “morality” is no longer a popular word in our world, it is apparent that such low and unworthy concepts of God’s Person actually constitute a moral calamity for professed believers in great segments of Christianity. The records of both sacred and secular history show that low views of God will surely destroy the appeal of the Christian for all who hold them! To all sinners, Jesus said, “You must be born again—from above!” He knew that the gods begotten in the shadowy thoughts of the fallen sons and daughters of Adam will quite naturally be no true likeness of the true and living God!

Verse
The mighty God, even the Lord, hath spoken . . . thou thoughtest that I was altogether such an one as thyself.
Psalm 50:1, 21

Thought
The records of both sacred and secular history show that low views of God will surely destroy the appeal of the Christian for all who hold them!

Prayer
Lord, I will accept no substitute. You are the one and only God and my Lord. Keep us from trying to make our image of You fit our own whims. Remind us just who You are.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Mon, October 05, 2015
To Sin Is To Rebel
Some of you will object to my saying this, but it is my opinion that in Christianity we have over-emphasized the psychology of the lost sinner’s condition. We spend time describing the sinner’s woes and the great burden he carries until we almost forget the principal fact that the sinner is actually a rebel against properly constituted authority! That is what makes sin SIN! We are rebels; we are sons of disobedience. Sin is the breaking of the Law, and we are fugitives from the just laws of God while we are sinners. We are fugitives from divine judgment. But thankfully, the plan of salvation reverses that and restores the original relationship so that the first thing the returning sinner does is confess, “Father, I have sinned against heaven and in Thy sight, and I am no more worthy to be called Thy son. Make me as one of Thy hired servants!” Thus, in repentance, we reverse that relationship and we fully submit to the Word of God and the will of God as obedient children!

Verse
Sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
James 1:15

Thought
We are rebels; we are sons of disobedience. Sin is the breaking of the Law, and we are fugitives from the just laws of God while we are sinners. We are fugitives from divine judgment.

Prayer
Lord, I admit that I have been a rebel toward You, and I thank You that while I was yet opposed to your will, You chose to save me.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 01 Oct 2015, 8:34 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Wed, September 23, 2015
Which Cross Do We Carry?
One of the strange things under the sun is a “cross-less” Christianity. The cross of Christendom is a “no-cross,” an ecclesiastical symbol. The cross of our Lord Jesus Christ is a place of death! Let each one be careful which cross he carries! Thousands turn away from Jesus Christ because they will not meet His conditions. He watches them as they go, for He loves them, but He will make no concessions. Admit one soul into the kingdom by compromise and that kingdom is no longer secure. Christ will be Lord, or He will be Judge. Every man must decide whether he will take Him as Lord now, or face Him as Judge then! “If any man will . . . let him follow me.” Some will rise and go after Him, but others give no heed to His voice. So the gulf opens between man and man, between those who will and those who will not. The Man, the kindly Stranger who walked this earth, is His own proof. He will not put Himself again on trial; He will not argue. But the morning of the judgment will confirm what men in the twilight have decided!

Verse
Having made peace through the blood of his cross.
Colossians 1:20

Thought
Let each one be careful which cross he carries! Thousands turn away from Jesus Christ because they will not meet His conditions.

Prayer
Lord, I will carry Your cross. I will follow You obediently. I will remember the high price of my redemption.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Thu, September 24, 2015
Power Of The Cross
Only a person with a perfect knowledge of mankind could have dared to set forth the terms of discipleship that our Lord Jesus Christ expects of His followers. Only the Lord of men could have risked the effect of such rigorous demands: “Let him deny himself!” Can the Lord lay down such severe rules at the door of His Kingdom? He can, and He does! If He is to save the man, He must save him from himself. It is the “himself” which has enslaved and corrupted the man. Deliverance comes only by denial of that self. No man in his own strength can shed the chains with which self has bound him, but in the next breath the Lord reveals the source of the power which is to set the soul free: “Let him take up his cross.” The cross was an instrument of death, slaying a man was its only function. “Let him take his cross,” said Jesus, and thus he will know deliverance from himself!

Verse
The cross . . . by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.
Galatians 6:14

Thought
No man in his own strength can shed the chains with which self has bound him, but in the next breath the Lord reveals the source of the power which is to set the soul free: “Let him take up his cross.”

Prayer
Lord, let me die daily so that You may live. Let me decrease that You may increase.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Fri, September 25, 2015
The Presence Of God
The spiritual giants of old were those who at some time became acutely conscious of the presence of God. They maintained that consciousness for the rest of their lives. How otherwise can the saints and prophets be explained? How otherwise can we account for the amazing power for good they have exercised over countless generations? Is it not that indeed they had become friends of God? Is it not that they walked in conscious communion with the real Presence and addressed their prayers to God with the artless conviction that they were truly addressing Someone actually there? Let me say it again, for certainly it is no secret: we do God honor in believing what He has said about Himself and coming boldly to His throne of grace than by hiding in a self-conscious humility! Those unlikely men chosen by our Lord as His closest disciples might well have hesitated to claim friendship with Christ. But Jesus said to them, “You are my friends!”

Verse
The righteous shall give thanks . . . the upright shall dwell in thy presence.
Psalm 140:13

Thought
Let me say it again, for certainly it is no secret: we do God honor in believing what He has said about Himself and coming boldly to His throne of grace than by hiding in a self-conscious humility!

Prayer
Lord, thank You so much for extending Your wonderful hand of friendship to me. I treasure my time with You, and I pray that I will always be able to come boldly to Your throne of grace.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Sat, September 26, 2015
God Has A Remedy
Seekers and inquirers have often voiced this deep question of concern: “Why does God forgive?” and “How does God forgive sin?” There is plain teaching throughout the Old and New Testaments concerning God’s willingness to forgive and forget. Yet there are segments of the Christian Church that appear to be poorly taught concerning God’s clear remedy, through the atonement of Christ, for the believer who has yielded to temptation and failed his Lord. God knows that sin is the dark shadow standing between Him and His highest creation, man. God is more willing to remove that shadow than we are to have it removed! He wants to forgive and that desire is a part of God’s character. In the sacrificial death of a lamb in the Old Testament, God was telling us that one day a perfect Lamb would come to actually take away sin. That is how and why God forgives sin now. In John’s words: “We have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins . . .” (1 John 2:1–2a).

Verse
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins.
1 John 1:9

Thought
God is more willing to remove that shadow than we are to have it removed!

Prayer
Lord, tear from me the cancerous sin that I am so unwilling to let go of. Save me from those things with which I would destroy myself. Thank You for always being willing to forgive me, and for true forgiveness.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Sun, September 27, 2015
Spiritual Unanimity
The Holy Spirit knew what He was doing when He moved the apostle Peter to write to the early Christian Church about the reality of being “of one mind” in their fellowship. Peter was not asking all the brothers and sisters to settle for some kind of regulated uniformity. He was recommending a spiritual unanimity—which means that the Spirit of God making Christ real within our beings will also give us a unity in certain qualities and disposition. Peter leaves little doubt about the fruits of genuine Christian unanimity within: “Be alike in compassion. Be alike in loving. Be alike in pity. Be alike in courtesy. Be alike in forgiving!” Then he sums it all up: “Finally, be ye all of one mind!” God’s love shed abroad in our heart compassion and love, which can only be found in Jesus Christ. These are the only elements of true unity among men and women today!

Verse
Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren.
1 Peter 3:8

Thought
Be alike in compassion. Be alike in loving. Be alike in pity. Be alike in courtesy. Be alike in forgiving. Finally, be ye all of one mind!

Prayer
Lord, make me a unifying factor in the circles of Christian fellowship that I am a part of. Help us all to realize what being of one mind is really about.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Mon, September 28, 2015
Hope-Or Despair?
John the Baptist gave his questioners a brief sentence that I have called the “hope and the despair” of mankind. He told them that “a man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.” John was not referring to men’s gifts; he was speaking of spiritual truth. Divine truth is of the nature of the Holy Spirit, and for that reason it can be received only by spiritual revelation. In his New Testament letters, the apostle Paul declares again and again the inability of human reason to discover or comprehend divine truth. In that inability we see human despair. John the Baptist said, “ . . . except it be given him from heaven” “and this is our hope! These words do certainly mean that there is such a thing as a gift of knowing, a gift that comes from heaven. Jesus promised His disciples that the Holy Spirit of truth would come and teach them all things. Jesus also prayed, “I thank thee, O Father, because thou hast hid these things from the wise, and hast revealed them unto babes” (Luke 10:21).

Verse
A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.
John 3:27

Thought
Divine truth is of the nature of the Holy Spirit, and for that reason it can be received only by spiritual revelation.

Prayer
Lord, I pray that You will reveal to me to the truth that can only come from You. I pray that I will be receptive to the witness of the Holy Spirit in my life.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Tue, September 29, 2015
The Easter Triumph
I do not mind telling you that within me I find the Easter message and the reality of the Resurrection more beautiful and glorious than the Christmas scene. Christmas tells us that Jesus was born, that He was born for the humiliation of suffering and death and atonement. But Easter is the radiant and glory-filled celebration of Christ’s mighty triumph over the grave and death and hell! When Easter comes, our voices are raised in the triumphant chorus: The three sad days had quickly sped; He rises glorious from the dead! There is the real beauty! This is more than the beauty of color; more than the beauty of outline or form, more than the beauty of physical proportion. In the living Christ is the perfection of all beauty, and because He lives, we too shall live in the presence of His beauty and the beauties of heaven, forever!

Verse
Why seek ye the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen.
Luke 24:5–6

Thought
Easter is the radiant and glory-filled celebration of Christ’s mighty triumph over the grave and death and hell!

Prayer
Lord, I praise You for showing us Your power over the grave. In one act the entire world was changed forever. I worship a living Savior. I worship You.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Wed, September 30, 2015
Resurrection Power
Let us be confident, Christian brethren, that our power does not lay in the manger at Bethlehem nor in the relics of the cross. True spiritual power resides in the victory of the mighty, resurrected Lord of glory, who could pronounce after spoiling death: “All power is given me in heaven and in earth.” The power of the Christian believer lies in the Savior’s triumph of eternal glory! Christ’s resurrection brought about a startling change of direction for the believers. Sadness and fear and mourning marked the direction of their religion before they knew that Jesus was raised from the dead—their direction was toward the grave. When they heard the angelic witness, “He is risen, as He said,” the direction immediately shifted away from the tomb. “He is risen, indeed!” If this is not the meaning of Easter, the Christian Church is involved only in a shallow one-day festival each year. Thankfully, the resurrection morning was only the beginning of a great, vast outreach that has never ended—and will not end until our Lord Jesus Christ comes back again!

Verse
Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Matthew 28:18

Thought
True spiritual power resides in the victory of the mighty, resurrected Lord of glory, who could pronounce after spoiling death: “All power is given me in heaven and in earth.”

Prayer
Lord, what a change it has made in our lives to know You are alive and well, and watching over us until You come back once more to receive Your bride.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Thu, October 01, 2015
Resurrection: A Fact
The resurrection of Christ and the fact of the empty tomb are not a part of this world’s complex and continuing mythologies. This is not a Santa Claus tale; it is history, and it is a reality! The true church of Jesus Christ is necessarily founded upon the belief and the truth that there was a real death, a real tomb, and a real stone. But thank God, there was a sovereign Father in heaven, an angel sent to roll the stone away, and a resurrected living Savior, who was able to proclaim to His disciples, “All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth!” Brethren, He died for us, but ever since the hour of the resurrection, He has been the mighty Jesus, the mighty Christ, the mighty Lord! Our business is to thank God with tearful reverence for the Cross, but to go on to a right understanding of what the resurrection meant both to God and to men. We understand and acknowledge that the Resurrection has placed a glorious crown upon all of Christ’s sufferings!

Verse
Be established in the present . . . for we have not cunningly devised fables.
2 Peter 1:12, 16

Thought
Brethren, He died for us, but ever since the hour of the resurrection, He has been the mighty Jesus, the mighty Christ, the mighty Lord!

Prayer
Lord, when You defeated death and conquered sin; You displayed Your ultimate authority. I praise You because I love You, and I praise You because I could do nothing else.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 23 Sep 2015, 12:30 am

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Thu, September 10, 2015
Response To The Word
Men and women who read and study the Scriptures for their literary beauty alone have missed the whole purpose for which they were given. God’s Word is not to be enjoyed as one might “enjoy” a Beethoven symphony or a poem by Wordsworth. The reason: the Bible demands immediate action, faith, surrender, and committal. Until it has secured these, it has done nothing positive for the reader, but it has increased his responsibility and deepened the judgment that must follow. The Bible was called forth by the fall of man. It is the voice of God calling men home from the wilds of sin; it is a road map for returning prodigals. It is instruction in righteousness, light in darkness, information about God and man and life and death and heaven and hell. Further, the destiny of each individual depends upon the response to that Voice in the Word!

Verse
The word of God . . . is sharper than any two-edged sword.
Hebrews 4:12

Thought
The Bible demands immediate action, faith, surrender, and committal.

Prayer
Lord, may my response to Your Word be one that will make its words like sweet music to my ears. May the yield of the seed of Your Word be righteousness in me.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Fri, September 11, 2015
The Crowd Turns Back
Our Lord Jesus Christ called men to follow Him, but He plainly taught that “no man can come unto me, except it were given him of my Father” (John 6:65). It is not surprising that many of His early followers, upon hearing these words, went back and walked no more with Him. Such teaching cannot but be deeply disturbing to the natural mind. It takes from sinful men much of the power of self-determination. It cuts the ground out from under their self-help and throws them back upon the sovereign good pleasure of God—and that is precisely where they do not want to be! These statements by our Lord run contrary to the current assumptions of popular Christianity. Men are willing to be saved by grace, but to preserve their self-esteem, they must hold that the desire to be saved originated with them. Most Christians today seem afraid to talk about these plain words of Jesus concerning the sovereign operation of God, so they use the simple trick of ignoring them!

Verse
From that time many of his disciples went back and walked no more with him.
John 6:66

Thought
Men are willing to be saved by grace, but to preserve their self-esteem, they must hold that the desire to be saved originated with them.

Prayer
Lord, I understand that I could never have come to You on my own. I am truly thankful that where I could not see to go, You took my hand and led me.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Sat, September 12, 2015
Money Is Not Truth
It is a fact in human history that men and women have never in any great numbers sought after truth. The young people who stream from our halls of learning each year confess to having no more than a passing and academic interest in truth. The majority admits to attending college only to improve social standing and increase earning power. So the average American will confess that he most wants success in his chosen field, and he wants success both for prestige and for financial security. The ominous thing about all this is that everything men and women want can be bought with money, and it would be difficult to think of an indictment more terrible than that! Real seekers after truth are almost as rare as albino deer! Why? Because truth is a glorious but hard master. Jesus said, “I am the Truth,” and followed Truth straight to the Cross. The Truth seeker must follow Him there and that is the reason few men seek the Truth!

Verse
The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.
Proverbs 10:22

Thought
Everything men and women want can be bought with money, and it would be difficult to think of an indictment more terrible than that!

Prayer
Lord, may I always seek the truth. May I always seek You. May I know You better and grow in the knowledge of Your will.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Sun, September 13, 2015
Tell The Whole Truth
It is sad indeed to know that there are Christian leaders among us who are too timid to tell the people all the truth. They are now asking men and women to give to God only that which costs them nothing! The contemporary moral climate does not favor a faith as tough and fibrous as that taught by our Lord and His apostles. Christ calls men to carry His cross; we call them to have fun in His name! He calls them to suffer; we call them to enjoy all the bourgeois comforts modern civilization affords! He calls them to holiness; we call them to a cheap and tawdry happiness that would have been rejected with scorn by the least of the Stoic philosophers! When will believers learn that to love righteousness it is necessary to hate sin? That to accept Christ it is necessary to reject self? That a friend of the world is an enemy of God? Let us not be shocked by the suggestion that there are disadvantages to the life in Christ!

Verse
In hope of eternal Life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began.In hope of eternal Life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began.
Titus 1:2

Thought
The contemporary moral climate does not favor a faith as tough and fibrous as that taught by our Lord and His apostles.

Prayer
Lord, I will follow You no matter the temporal cost to me, because the riches I have in You cannot be truly counted by unredeemed men. I realize that there is nothing here made of earth worthy of You. I know the cost of following You, and I accept it.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Mon, September 14, 2015
Pour Yourself Out
Science declares that nature abhors a vacuum. It should be happy knowledge to us, then, that the same principle is true in the Kingdom of God. When you empty yourself, God Almighty rushes in! The Creator God who fills the universe and overflows into immensity can never be surrounded by that little thing we call our brain, our mind, our intellect. Never can we rise to face God by what we are and by what we know! Only by love and faith are we lifted thus to know Him and adore Him! What a happy hour it becomes when we are drawn out of ourselves, and into that vacuum rushes the blessed Presence. How wonderful in our humanity to sense the reality of the Holy Spirit’s invitation: “Pour yourself out! Give yourself to Me! Empty yourself! Bring your empty earthen vessels! Come in meekness like a child!” Drawn out of ourselves by the Holy Spirit of God, for who knows the things of God but the Holy Spirit? We are delivered from ourselves when we finally seek God for Himself alone!

Verse
How be it when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth.
John 16:13

Thought
What a happy hour it becomes when we are drawn out of ourselves, and into that vacuum rushes the blessed Presence.

Prayer
Lord, make me a man who seeks You just for You, alone, and thank You for sending Your Holy Spirit to fill the emptiness in me.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Tue, September 15, 2015
God's Overcomers
I insist that if we are burdened with genuine concern, we have the responsibility of examining the true spiritual condition of men and women within the Church’s ranks. We do live in a time of soft, easy Christianity. It is an era marked by a polite “nibbling” around the edges of the Word of God. There is a mindset within present day Christianity that supposes one should get into trouble or suffer embarrassment for Christ’s sake! My brethren, what does it mean to be loyal to Jesus Christ? To confess that Jesus Himself is more important to us than anything else in the world? Many find it hard to understand how large numbers of Christian believers could have died for their faith in our own generation! With a sense of distant admiration, we call them simple-hearted nationals. God calls them overcomers! Professing Christians in our North American churches can hardly comprehend so costly a price for the faith we take for granted. Material prosperity and popular acceptance have sapped the vitality of our Christian witness!

Verse
These have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
Revelation 7:14

Thought
Many find it hard to understand how large numbers of Christian believers could have died for their faith in our own generation!

Prayer
Lord, help me to never become so comfortable with the life that You have given me that I forget why You have given me life in the first place.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Wed, September 16, 2015
Here For Our Time
Just as those who lived in the past had the privilege of being God’s people of faith then, so do we in our own day! It is good to come to the understanding that while God wants us to be holy and Spirit-filled, He does not expect us to look like Abraham or to play the harp like David or to have the same spiritual insights given to Paul. All of the former heroes of the faith are dead. You are alive in your generation. A Bible proverb says that it is better to be a living dog than a dead lion. You may wish to be Abraham or Isaac or Jacob, but remember they have been asleep for centuries, and you are still around! You can witness for our Lord today! You can still pray! You can still give of your substance to help those who are in need! In this, your own generation, give God all your love, all your devotion. You do not know what holy, happy secret God may want to whisper to your responsive heart!

Verse
Who knowest whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?
Esther 4:14

Thought
It is good to come to the understanding that while God wants us to be holy and Spirit-filled, He does not expect us to look like Abraham or to play the harp like David or to have the same spiritual insights given to Paul.

Prayer
Lord, thank You that I am still here to make a difference for You. Help me to make the best of that opportunity.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Thu, September 17, 2015
"Born Of God!"
I think most of us remember with assurance the words of the Charles Wesley hymn, which was his own personal testimony: His Spirit answers to the blood, And tells me I am born of God! Wesley testified here and in many other hymns to an inner illumination. When I became a Christian, no one had to come to me and tell me what Wesley meant. That is why Jesus taught that whosoever is willing to do His will shall have a revelation in his own heart. He shall have an inward revelation that tells him he is a child of God. Too many persons try to make Jesus Christ a convenience. They reduce Him simply to a Big Friend who will help us when we are in trouble. That is not biblical Christianity! Jesus Christ is Lord, and when an individual comes in repentance and faith, the truth flashes in. For the first time he finds himself saying, “I will do the will of the Lord, even if I die for it!”

Verse
By his own blood he entered in once into the holy place.
Hebrews 9:12

Thought
Too many persons try to make Jesus Christ a convenience. They reduce Him simply to a Big Friend who will help us when we are in trouble.

Prayer
Lord, thank You for the illuminating power of Your Spirit in my life. Thank You for the inward signs of my conversion. May my life bear witness to the light that is in me.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Fri, September 18, 2015
Conviction And Pain
I consider it a good sign that some people are still asking questions like these in our churches: “What should happen in a genuine conversion to Christ?” and “What should a man or woman feel in the transaction of the new birth?” If I am asked, my answer is this: “There ought to be a real and genuine cry of pain!” That is why I am not impressed with the kind of evangelism that tries to invite people into the fellowship of God by signing a card. There should be a birth within, a birth from above. There should be the terror of seeing ourselves in violent contrast to the holy, holy God! Unless we come into this place of conviction and pain concerning our sin, I am not sure how deep and real our repentance will ever be. The man whom God will use must be undone, humble and pliable. He must be, like the astonished Isaiah, a man who has seen the King in His beauty!

Verse
Nicodemus answered and said unto him, “How can these things be?”
John 3:9

Thought
There ought to be a real and genuine cry of pain!

Prayer
Lord, I am undone in Your presence. I come boldly as You say I should, but I am truly humbled by Your holiness. Help me to keep this perspective as I look up to You.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Sat, September 19, 2015
Break With This World
I dare to say that Christians who have genuinely come to love and trust Jesus Christ have also renounced this world and have chosen a new model after which to pattern their lives. Further, we should say that this is the aspect of the Christian life that most people do not like. They want comfort. They want blessing. They want peace. But they recoil from this radical, revolutionary break with the world. To follow Christ in this rough and thorough-going way is too much for them! Actually, the true Christian dissents from the world because he knows that it cannot make good on its promises. As Christ’s believing disciple, he is not left without a “norm” to which he seeks to be adjusted. The Lord Jesus Christ is Himself the norm, the ideally perfect model; and the worshiping soul yearns to be like Him. Indeed, the whole drive behind the Christian life is the longing to be conformed to the image of Christ!

Verse
Come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord . . .
2 Corinthians 6:17

Thought
The whole drive behind the Christian life is the longing to be conformed to the image of Christ!

Prayer
Lord, help me to remember that you are the “norm.” As I endeavor to model myself after You, may I have the strength to be truly radical as You are.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Sun, September 20, 2015
The Worldly "Virus"
As Christian believers, we must stand together against some things. So, if you hear anyone saying that A.W. Tozer preaches a good deal that is negative, just smile and agree, “That is because he preaches the Bible!” Here are some of the things we oppose: we are against the many modern idols that have been allowed to creep into the churches; we are against the “unauthorized fire” that is being offered on the altars of the Lord; we are against the modern gods that are being adopted in our sanctuaries. We are against the world’s ways and its false values. We are against the world’s follies and its vain pleasures. We are against this world’s greed and sinful ambitions. We are against this world’s vices and its carnal habits. We believe this spells out clearly the Bible truth of separation. God asks us to stand boldly against anything or anyone who hurts or hinders this New Testament Body of Christians. Where the Church is not healed it will wither. The Word of God is the antibiotic that alone can destroy the virus that would plague the life of the Church!

Verse
Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamor be put away from you.
Ephesians 4:31

Thought
God asks us to stand boldly against anything or anyone who hurts or hinders this New Testament Body of Christians.

Prayer
Lord, help me to stand strong against those things, which Christianity cannot be. Keep me grounded in Your word so that I am inoculated against the world’s diseases.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Mon, September 21, 2015
Let Fear Become Trust
What can we do but pray for the throngs of defiant men and women who believe that their humanistic view of life is all-sufficient? They believe that they are responsible “captains” of their own souls. The sad fact is that even while they are joining in the age-old rejection of Jesus Christ—“We will not have this Man to rule over us” “they still are beset with fears within. The present competitive world and its selfish society have brought many new fears to the human race. I can sympathize with those troubled beings, who lie awake at night worrying about the possible destruction of the race through some evil, misguided use of the world’s store of nuclear weapons. The tragedy is that they have lost all sense of the sovereignty and omnipotence and faithfulness of the living God. Although the material world has never understood it, our faith is well-placed in the Scriptures! Those who take God’s Word seriously are convinced of an actual heavenly realm as real as this world we inhabit!

Verse
Ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear.
Romans 8:15

Thought
I can sympathize with those troubled beings, who lie awake at night worrying about the possible destruction of the race through some evil, misguided use of the world’s store of nuclear weapons. The tragedy is that they have lost all sense of the sovereignty and omnipotence and faithfulness of the living God.

Prayer
Lord, I pray that You would bring back to the people a sense of reverence and respect for their Creator.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Tue, September 22, 2015
Our Future Rewards
Our motives in the Christian life should be both right and genuine. God is the Faithful One. We are to love Him and serve Him because He is God—not because of the gracious things He does for us or for the rewards He promises us! However, it should be said that God does not expect us to forget or ignore the gracious future promises He has made to us. It is a glorious truth that if we believe God and honor His Word, if we walk by faith in love and obedience, there will be eternal rewards for each of us in that great coming day. The rewards will differ. Wisdom and knowledge and love reside in Him who is our God. He will make the right judgments for His people. I for one will not be surprised if some of God’s faithful people serving Him today should rise as high and shine as brightly as the heroes of faith listed in the book of Hebrews. I say that in all truthfulness, because I do not think that all of the heroes of faith are dead and gone!

Verse
Every man shall receive his own reward.
1 Corinthians 3:8

Thought
It is a glorious truth that if we believe God and honor His Word, if we walk by faith in love and obedience, there will be eternal rewards for each of us in that great coming day.

Prayer
Lord, thank You for recognizing the work of Your saints. I pray that I may one day be counted as a hero of the faith.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 09 Sep 2015, 10:31 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Mon, September 07, 2015
Worship And Work
I must take issue with those in the churches who insist that the worshiping saints do not get anything done but worship! Such an attitude reveals that they have not done their homework. The beautiful part of worship is that it prepares you and enables you to zero in on the important things that must be done for God. Listen to me! Practically every great deed done in the Church of Christ all the way back to the apostles was done by people blazing with the radiant worship of their God! The great hospitals and the mental institutions have grown out of the hearts of worshiping and compassionate disciples. It is true also that wherever the Church has come out of her lethargy and into the tides of revival and spiritual renewal, always the worshipers were back of it. A survey of Church history will prove that it was those who were the yearning worshipers who also became the great workers and the selfless servants. If we give ourselves to God’s call for worship, everyone will do more for the Savior than they are doing now!

Verse
And the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men.
1 Thessalonians 4:12

Thought
The beautiful part of worship is that it prepares you and enables you to zero in on the important things that must be done for God.

Prayer
Lord, may worship draw me toward Your work I know I am to do for You, and may it prepare me to do it well.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Tue, September 08, 2015
Tears Of Joy-Amen!
We need not be afraid of a genuine visitation of the Spirit of God! Blaise Pascal, the famed 17th-century French scientist and philosopher, experienced in his lifetime a personal, overwhelming encounter with God that changed his life. Those who attended him at his death found a worn, creased paper in his clothing, close to his heart, apparently a reminder of what he had felt and sensed in God’s very presence. In Pascal’s own hand it read: From about half past ten at night to about half after midnight—fire! O God of Abraham, God of Isaac, God of Jacob—not the God of philosophers or the wise. The God of Jesus Christ who can be known only in the ways of the gospel. Security. Feeling. Peace. Joy. Tears of joy—Amen! Were these the expressions of a fanatic, an extremist? No! It was the ecstatic utterance of a yielded man during two awesome hours in the presence of God. The astonished Pascal could only describe the visitation in one word—“Fire!”

Verse
He shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire.
Luke 3:16

Thought
We need not be afraid of a genuine visitation of the Spirit of God!

Prayer
Lord, I pray that You will visit me as only You can. I pray that I may hold dear the times You have come to me in glory so real and so powerful as to defy words. May I feel the comfort and fervor of Your fire always.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Wed, September 09, 2015
Except Ye Repent
There are many compelling lessons to be drawn from the Scriptures, and one of the clearest is that sinful and rebellious people can never be forced into repentance. The same act that may cause one person to repent and believe will cause others to hate and despise God! The same Bible sermon that brings the person to tearful submission at an altar of prayer will send others out with pride and a resolve to have their own human way. Students of the Scriptures are aware that the Old Testament prophets and the writing apostles of New Testament times foresaw and proclaimed God’s coming day of judgment—the consummate settling of accounts between the Sovereign God and his rebellious and sinful creation. How desperately we would like to believe that in the face of coming judgment, all lost men and women will cry out to God, but such will not be the case: “The rest of mankind that were not killed by these plagues still did not repent” (Revelation 9:20).

Verse
The rest of mankind . . . still did not repent.
Revelation 9:20

Thought
The same act that may cause one person to repent and believe will cause others to hate and despise God!

Prayer
Lord, make my heart soft, and help me to listen and to do Your good will.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 06 Sep 2015, 9:37 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Fri, September 04, 2015
The Great Physician
If you are a discouraged and defeated Christian believer, you may have accepted the rationalization that your condition is “normal for all Christians.” You may now be content with the position that the progressive, victorious Christian life may be suitable for a few Christian but not for you! You have been to Bible conferences; you have been to the altar, but the blessings are for someone else. That attitude on the part of Christian believers is neither modesty nor meekness; it is a chronic discouragement, resulting from unbelief. It is rather like those who have been sick for so long that they no longer believe they can get well. Jesus is still saying, as He said to the man lying by the gate at the Jerusalem pool, “Do you want to be made whole?” Jesus made him whole because of his desire! His need was great, but he had never lapsed into that state of chronic discouragement.

Verse
When Jesus saw . . . he saith unto him, “Wilt thou be made whole?”
John 5:6

Thought
Jesus is still saying, as He said to the man lying by the gate at the Jerusalem pool, “Do you want to be made whole?”

Prayer
Lord, My desire is to be whole. I pray that I may never be satisfied with any other condition. I am Your child. I will act like it.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Sat, September 05, 2015
Wisdom From God
The thinking of our generation often reflects a willingness to exchange a high view of God’s eternity for a short-term concept called “here and now.” Technology is presumed to be paramount, but the answers science gives us are short-term answers. The scientists may be able to keep us alive for a few extra years, but believing Christians know some things that Einstein did not know! For instance, we know why we are here. We can say why we were born. We also know what we believe about the value of things eternal. We are thankful that we have found the promise from the God of all grace that deals with the long-term and the eternal. We belong to a company of the plain people who believe the truth revealed in the Bible. Actually, the wisest person in the world is the person who knows the most about God; the person who realizes that the answer to creation and life and eternity is a theological answer, not a scientific answer!

Verse
Things which are seen are temporal; but things which are not seen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:18

Thought
We are thankful that we have found the promise from the God of all grace that deals with the long-term and the eternal.

Prayer
Lord, make me truly wise by teaching me all I can know about You.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Sun, September 06, 2015
The Image We Project
Are we presently missing important elements of worship in our churches? I speak of the genuine and sacred offering of ourselves as we worship the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. We must ask the question, even though we are building great churches and large congregations. We are boasting about high standards and talking about revival. But as evangelical Christian believers, are we as concerned as we should be about the image we really project to the community around us? It cannot be denied that many who profess the name of Christ still fail to show forth His love and compassion! It should say something to us that the often-quoted Jean-Paul Sartre described his turning to philosophy and hopelessness as a turning away from a secularistic church. His indictment: “I did not recognize in the fashionable God who was taught me, Him who was waiting for my soul. I needed a Creator; I was given a big businessman!”

Verse
O come, let us worship and bow down; for he is our God.
Psalm 95:6–7

Thought
It cannot be denied that many who profess the name of Christ still fail to show forth His love and compassion!

Prayer
Lord, let my life be a bright reflection of the love You give to me.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 03 Sep 2015, 6:16 pm

The Gospel Warning
We who rejoice in the blessings that have come to us through the Savior need to bear in mind that the gospel is not good news only! The message of the Cross is good news indeed for the penitent, and also to those who obey not the gospel, it carries an overtone of warning. The Spirit’s ministry to the impenitent world is to tell of sin and righteousness and judgment. For sinners who want to cease being willful sinners and become obedient children of God, the gospel message is one of unqualified peace, but it is by its very nature also an arbiter of the future destinies of man. Actually, the message of the gospel may be received in either of two ways: in word only without power or in word with power. The truth received in power shifts the bases of life from Adam to Christ—a new and different Spirit enters the personality and makes the believing man new in every department of his being!

Verse
As he reasoned of righteousness, temperance, and judgment to come, Felix trembled.
Acts 24:25

Thought
The message of the Cross is good news indeed for the penitent, and also to those who obey not the gospel, it carries an overtone of warning.

Prayer
Lord, I am reminded that to truly be Your son I had to surrender all to You. Help me daily to renew Your Lordship in my life by remembering what Your salvation requires.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Mon, August 31, 2015
The Eternal Verity
There is a great deal of discussion now taking place about the lack of spiritual power in our Christian churches. What about the New Testament patterns? Brethren, the apostolic method was to provide a foundation of good, sound biblical reasons for following the Savior, for our willingness to let the Spirit of God display the great Christian virtues in our lives. That is why we come in faith and rejoicing to the eternal verity of Hebrews 13:8: “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever!” This proclamation gives significance to every other section of teaching and exhortation in the letter to the Hebrews. In this verse is truth that is morally and spiritually dynamic if we will exercise the faith and the will to demonstrate it in our needy world. I think this fact, this truth that Jesus Christ wants to be known in His church as the ever-living, never-changing Lord of all, could bring back again the power and testimony of the Early Church!

Verse
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
Hebrews 13:8

Thought
I think this fact, this truth that Jesus Christ wants to be known in His church as the ever-living, never-changing Lord of all, could bring back again the power and testimony of the early church!

Prayer
Lord, I am so thankful that You are always the same. I can always look to You the “Rock” for stability in my life, and we look to You for stability in the Church.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Tue, September 01, 2015
We Know What We Believe
The hope of the Christian Church still lies in the purity of her theology, that is, her beliefs about God and man and their relation to each other. It is a fact that positive beliefs are not popular these days. I sense that the modern efforts to popularize the Christian faith have been extremely damaging to that faith. The purpose has been to simplify truth for the masses by using the language of the masses instead of the language of the Church. It has not succeeded, but has added to rather than diminished religious confusion. A mistaken desire to maintain a spirit of tolerance among all races and religions has produced a breed of Janus-like Christians with built-in swivels, remarkable only for their ability to turn in any direction gracefully! Our Christian beliefs have been revealed by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit in the sacred Scriptures. Everything there is clear-cut and accurate. We dare not be less than accurate in our treatment of anything so precious!

Verse
If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel . . .
Colossians 1:23

Thought
It is a fact that positive beliefs are not popular these days. I sense that the modern efforts to popularize the Christian faith have been extremely damaging to that faith.

Prayer
Lord, let me always remember to face only in the right direction. Remove my swivel.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Wed, September 02, 2015
"Automatic" Saints?
Not everyone agrees with me that full qualification for eternity is not instant or automatic or painless. I can only hope that you are wise enough, desirous enough, and spiritual enough to face up to the truth that every day is another day of spiritual preparation, another day of testing and discipline with our heavenly destination in mind. I hope, too, that you may begin to understand why many evangelical churches are in such a mess. It has become popular to preach a painless Christianity and automatic saintliness. It has become a part of our “instant” culture—“just pour a little water on it, stir mildly, pick up a gospel tract, and you are on your Christian way!” “Lo,” we are told, “this is Bible Christianity!” It is nothing of the sort! To depend upon that kind of a formula is to experience only the outer fringe, the edge of what Christianity really is. For when the new birth is real and the wonder of regeneration has taken place, then comes the lifetime of preparation with the guidance of the Holy Spirit!

Verse
Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest.
2 Corinthians 4:10

Thought
It has become a part of our “instant” culture—“just pour a little water on it, stir mildly, pick up a gospel tract, and you are on your Christian way!”

Prayer
Lord, I expect my life to be fully occupied from now until eternity with being Your disciple. I just thank You for the blessed opportunity.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Thu, September 03, 2015
Normal-Or Nominal?
Is the Lord Jesus Christ your most precious treasure in the whole world? If so, count yourself among “normal” Christians, rather than among “nominal” Christians! My old dictionary gives this definition as the meaning of nominal: Existing in name only, not real or actual; hence so small, slight, as to be hardly worth the name. With that as a definition, those who know they are Christians “in name only” should never make the pretense of being normal Christians. Thankfully those who are “normal” are constantly being drawn to praise and worship, charmed by the moral beauty, which is found only in Jesus. I cannot understand how anyone can profess to be a follower and a disciple of our Lord Jesus Christ and not be overwhelmed by His attributes. Those divine attributes faithfully attest that He is indeed Lord of all, completely worthy of our worship and praise!

Verse
Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
Luke 12:34

Thought
I cannot understand how anyone can profess to be a follower and a disciple of our Lord Jesus Christ and not be overwhelmed by His attributes.

Prayer
Lord, I pray that I never am considered just a nominal Christian. May I always be charmed by the moral beauty, which is found only in Jesus.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 29 Aug 2015, 9:46 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Fri, August 28, 2015
Preach A Whole Christ
I reject the human insistence among us that Christ may sustain a divided relationship toward us in this life. I am aware that this is now so commonly preached that to oppose it or object to it means that you are sticking your neck out, and you had best be prepared for what comes. But I am forced to ask how can we insist and teach that our Lord Jesus Christ can be our Savior without being our Lord? How can so many continue to teach that we can be saved without any thought of obedience to our Sovereign Lord? I am satisfied in my own heart that when a man or a woman believes on the Lord Jesus Christ he or she must believe on the whole Lord Jesus Chris, not making any reservation! How can a teaching be justified when it encourages sinners to use Jesus as a Savior in their time of need, without owing Him obedience and allegiance? I believe we need to return to preaching a whole Christ to our needy world!

Verse
God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
1 Corinthians 1:9

Thought
How can we insist and teach that our Lord Jesus Christ can be our Savior without being our Lord?

Prayer
Lord, help me not to lead people into a false belief. As I reach out to souls let it be with the offer of a whole Christ.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Sat, August 29, 2015
Lord Of Righteousness
In the midst of all the confusions of our day, it is important that we find out that Jesus Christ is the Lord of all righteousness and the Lord of all wisdom. Righteousness is not a word easily acceptable to lost men and women in a lost world. Outside of the Word of God, there is no book or treatise that can give us a satisfying answer about righteousness, because the only One who is Lord of all righteousness is our Lord Jesus Christ, Himself. A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of His Kingdom. He is the only One in all the universe who perfectly loved righteousness and hated iniquity. Our great High Priest and Mediator is the righteous and holy One—Jesus Christ, our risen Lord. He is not only righteous, He is the Lord of all righteousness! Then there is His wisdom. The sum total of the deep and eternal wisdom of the ages lies in Jesus Christ as a treasure hidden away. All the deep purposes of God reside in Him because His perfect wisdom enables Him to plan far ahead! Thus history itself becomes the slow development of His purposes.

Verse
But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom and righteousness.
1 Corinthians 1:30

Thought
Christ is the only One in all of the universe who perfectly loved righteousness and hated iniquity.

Prayer
Lord, thank You for the reminder that You are the author of righteousness and wisdom. Help me to remember to always depend on You as the only source of those resources.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 27 Aug 2015, 9:49 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Thu, August 27, 2015
Glory Of The Trinity
The more I read my Bible, the more I believe in the triune God! With the prophet Isaiah, I am stirred by the vision of the heavenly creatures, the seraphim around the throne of God, engrossed in their worship and praise. I have often wondered why the rabbis and saints and hymnists of the olden times did not come to the knowledge of the Trinity just from the seraphims” chorus: “Holy! Holy! Holy!” I am a trinitarian—I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth. I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Father, begotten of Him before all ages. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord and Giver of life, who with the Father and the Son together is worshiped and glorified. Isaiah was an astonished man. He could only manage this witness: “Mine eyes have seen the King!” Only the King of glory can reveal Himself to the willing spirit of a man, so that an Isaiah or any other man or woman can say with humility but with assurance, “I know Him!”

Verse
And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
1 John 5:8

Thought
I have often wondered why the rabbis and saints and hymnists of the olden times did not come to the knowledge of the Trinity just from the seraphims’ chorus: “Holy! Holy! Holy!”

Prayer
Lord, I am astonished and amazed, as many are, by the facts that I cannot understand, but I do believe that You are the triune God. It is beyond me to understand that fact, but it is in me to worship. I worship you.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 26 Aug 2015, 10:03 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Wed, August 26, 2015
The Godhead-Forever One
When Christ Jesus died on that unholy, fly-infested cross for mankind, He never divided the Godhead! We are assured from the earliest Church fathers that the Father in heaven, His eternal Son, and the Holy Ghost are forever One—inseparable, indivisible—and can never be anything else. Not all of Nero’s swords could ever cut down through the substance of the Godhead to cut off the Father from the Son. It was Mary’s Son who cried out, “Why hast Thou forsaken me?” It was the human body, which God had given Him. It was the sacrifice that cried—the Lamb about to die! The Son of Man knew himself forsaken. God dumped that vast, filthy, slimy mass of human sin on the soul of the Savior and then backed away. Believe it that the ancient and timeless Deity was never separated. He was still in the bosom of the Father when He cried, “Into Thy hands I commend my spirit!” Little wonder that we are amazed and marvel every day at the wonder of the ancient theology of the Christian church!

Verse
Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit.
Luke 23:46

Thought
Not all of Nero’s swords could ever cut down through the substance of the Godhead to cut off the Father from the Son.

Prayer
Lord, I am amazed at the gulf that You spanned for us. I could never fully understand, but I simply believe.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 25 Aug 2015, 10:49 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Mon, August 24, 2015
Prayer For Anointing
It is time, O God, for Thee to work, for the enemy has entered into Thy pasture, and the sheep are torn and scattered. False shepherds abound who deny the danger and laugh at the perils, which surround Thy flock. Lord Jesus, I come to Thee for spiritual preparation. Lay Thy hand upon me; anoint me with the oil of the New Testament prophet. Save me from the error of judging a church by its size, its popularity, or the amount of its yearly offering. Help me to remember that I am a prophet, not a promoter, not a religious manager. Let me never become a slave to crowds. Heal my soul of carnal ambitions and deliver me from the itch for publicity. Lay Thy terror upon me, O God, and drive me to the place of prayer, where I may wrestle with principalities and powers and the rulers of the darkness of this world. Teach me self-discipline, that I may be a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

Verse
Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil.
Ephesians 6:11

Thought
Lay Thy terror upon me, O God, and drive me to the place of prayer, where I may wrestle with principalities and powers and the rulers of the darkness of this world.

Prayer
Lord, thank You for providing Your armor that I can stand firm against the principalities and powers and rulers of darkness of this world. Empower me to live in complete surrender to You.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Tue, August 25, 2015
Begin With God
I am really sad for the great throngs of men and women who have never known the satisfaction of believing what God says about all of the good things He has created and everything having its purpose! This is an area in which you must begin with God. Then you begin to understand everything in its proper context. All things fit into shape and form when you begin with God! In Christian circles, there is now an undue deference to intellectual knowledge and accomplishment. I insist that it ought to be balanced out. We appreciate the efforts and hours that go into academic progress, but we must always keep God’s wisdom and God’s admonitions in mind. Search and study as we will, and we discover that we have only learned fragments of truth. On the other hand, the newest Christian believer has already learned many marvelous things at the center of truth. He has met and knows God! That is the primary issue, my brother and sister. That is why we earnestly invite men and women to become converted, taking Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord!

Verse
Not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts.
1 Thessalonians 2:4

Thought
All things fit into shape and form when you begin with God!

Prayer
Lord, I will make You the center of truth in my life today and always. I will look to You alone for true wisdom.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 23 Aug 2015, 11:26 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Sun, August 23, 2015
THE END OF THE AGE
Everywhere around us we are experiencing a great new wave of humanity's interest in spiritism and devil worship. I must take this as one of the signs that God's age of grace and mercy is approaching the end point. It tells us that the time may be near when God proclaims: "I have seen enough of mankind's sin and rebellion. It is time for the trumpets of judgment to sound!" If we are willing to add the appeals from the book of Revelation to the weight of the other Scriptures, we discover God saying to us that the earth on which we live is not self-explanatory and certainly not self-sufficient. Although the earth on which we spin is largely populated by a rebel race, it had a divine origin. Now God is about to enforce His claim upon it and judge those who are usurpers. He is saying that there is another and better world, another kingdom, that is always keeping an eye on the world we inhabit!

Verse
All of these things shall be dissolved... what manner of persons ought ye to be?
2 Peter 3:11

Thought
Although the earth on which we spin is largely populated by a rebel race, it had a divine origin.

Prayer
Lord, You are aware of the state of the world in which we live, and I am glad you are in control.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 22 Aug 2015, 11:17 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Sat, August 22, 2015
"BE STILL AND KNOW"
Prayer among evangelical Christians is always in danger of degenerating into a glorified "gold rush." Almost every book on prayer deals with the "get" element mainly. How to get things we want from God occupies most of our space. Christians should never forget that the highest kind of prayer is never the making of requests. Prayer at its holiest moment is the entering into God to a place of such blessed union as makes miracles seem tame and remarkable answers to prayer appear something very far short of wonderful, by comparison. We should be aware that there is a kind of school where the soul must go to learn its best eternal lessons. It is the school of silence. "Be still and know," said the psalmist. It might well be a revelation to some Christians if they were to get completely quiet for a time-a time to listen in the silence for the deep voice of the Eternal God!

Verse
Be still, and know that I am God.
Psalm 46:10

Thought
Christians should never forget that the highest kind of prayer is never the making of requests.

Prayer
Lord, I pray that you will teach me just to sit quietly sometimes and know you are God. I would aspire to hold on to that knowlege always and feel your comforting presence.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 21 Aug 2015, 10:04 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Fri, August 21, 2015
"NOW IT IS THE LORD"
Is it possible to become so enamored of God's good gifts that we fail to worship Him, the Giver? Dr. Albert B. Simpson, the founder of The Christian and Missionary Alliance, invited to preach in a Bible conference in England discovered on his arrival that he was to follow two other Bible teachers. All three had been given the same topic, "Sanctification." From the pulpit, the first speaker made clear his position that sanctification means eradication-the old carnal nature is removed. The second, a suppressionist, advised: "Sit on the lid and keep the old nature down!" Dr. Simpson in his turn quietly told his audience that he could only present Jesus Christ Himself as God's answer. "Jesus Christ is your Sanctifier, your all and in all! God wants you to get your eyes away from the gifts. He wants your gaze to be on the Giver-Christ Himself," he said. This is a wonderful word for those who would worship rightly: Once it was the blessing; Now it is the Lord!

Verse
In Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us... sanctification.
1 Corinthians 1:30

Thought
"Jesus Christ is your Sanctifier, your all and in all! God wants you to get your eyes away from the gifts. He wants your gaze to be on the Giver-Christ Himself,"

Prayer
Lord, be my vision and my focus. You are the giver of all good gifts, and I worship you today.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 20 Aug 2015, 8:39 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Thu, August 20, 2015
GIVE TIME TO GOD
I have often wished that there were some way to bring modern Christians into a deeper spiritual life painlessly by short easy lessons; but such wishes are vain. No shortcut exists! God has not bowed to our nervous haste nor embraced the methods of our machine age. It is well that we accept the hard truth now: the man who would know God must give time to Him! He must count no time wasted which is spent in the cultivation of His acquaintance. He must give himself to meditation and prayer hours on end. So did the saints of old, the glorious company of the apostles, the goodly fellowship of the prophets and the believing members of the holy Church in all generations. And so must we if we would follow in their train! May not the inadequacy of much of our spiritual experience be traced back to our habit of skipping through the corridors of the kingdom like little children through the marketplace, chattering about everything but pausing to learn the true value of nothing?

Verse
In his law doth he meditate day and night.
Psalm 1:2

Thought
God has not bowed to our nervous haste nor embraced the methods of our machine age. It is well that we accept the hard truth now: the man who would know God must give time to Him!

Prayer
Lord, help me to appreciate my time with you, and remind me that your place in my schedule is the most important.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 19 Aug 2015, 4:08 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Wed, August 19, 2015
THE SPIRIT ILLUMINATES
When we study the New Testament record, we see plainly that Christ's conflict was with the theological rationalists of His day. John's gospel record is actually a long, inspired, passionately-outpoured account trying to save us from evangelical rationalism-the doctrine that says the text is enough. Divine revelation is the ground upon which we stand. The Bible is the book of God and I stand for it with all my heart; but before I can be saved, there must be illumination, penitence, renewal, inward deliverance. In our Christendom, we have tried to ease many people into the kingdom but they have never been renewed within their own beings. The Apostle Paul told the Corinthians that their faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God! There is a difference. We must insist that conversion to Christ is a miraculous act of God by the Holy Spirit-it must be wrought in the Spirit. There must be an inward illumination!

Verse
Your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
1 Corinthians 2:5

Thought
Divine revelation is the ground upon which we stand.

Prayer
Lord, speak to me inwardly even as I study your word to shape my spiritual understanding. Renew my soul as well as my mind, and work in my heart as well as my mind. Make all of me a worthy sacrifice to you.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 18 Aug 2015, 4:47 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Tue, August 18, 2015
OUR INDIVIDUAL WORTH
Our lost race has always been prone to discount and reject the wonderful fact of the individual factor in the love of God. Far, far too many men and women in this world are convinced that God's love for the world is just one big lump - and the individual is not involved. We have only to look around us with serious observation to confirm the fact that the devil has been successful in planting his lie that no one cares for the individual person. Even in nature around us, there appears to be very little individual concern. The burden of concern is always for the species. But Jesus did not preach to the multitudes as though they were a faceless crowd. He preached to them as individuals, and with a knowledge of the burdens and the needs of each one. Our Savior did not come into the world to deal with statistics! Each of us must come with full confidence that it is a personal word God has spoken to us in Christ, that "whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish."

Verse
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
Romans 10:4

Thought
We have only to look around us with serious observation to confirm the fact that the devil has been successful in planting his lie that no one cares for the individual person.

Prayer
Lord, help me to spread the word to each individual I can that you love him or her specifically. Help me to convey to them just how much you can love one person.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 17 Aug 2015, 8:19 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Mon, August 17, 2015
WE HAVE IT ALL
How much time have you spent in your Christian life meditating on the plain instruction from our Savior?-"Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." The God who has revealed Himself to needy men and women wants us to know that when we have Him, we have everything - we have all the rest! Any of us who have experienced a life and ministry of faith can tell how the Lord has met our need even for food and the essentials of life. Brethren, we ought to learn, and learn it soon, that it is much better to have God first and have God Himself, even if we have only a thin dime, than to have all the riches and all the influence in this world and not have God with it! Let us go on to know Him and to love Him more dearly; not for His gifts and benefits but for the pure joy of His presence. Thus we will fulfill the purpose for which He created us and redeemed us!

Verse
Seek ye first the kingdom... all these things shall be added unto you.
Matthew 6:33

Thought
The God who has revealed Himself to needy men and women wants us to know that when we have Him, we have everything - we have all the rest!

Prayer
Lord, without you I am nothing, and have nothing. I would rather be a slave to men with you than a ruler of men without you. You remind me daily just how rich I am.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 16 Aug 2015, 10:56 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Thu, August 13, 2015
MAN'S WASTED POTENTIAL
God has made it plain that hell is a real place-a final abode for people who do not want to love God and serve Him! The sadness and the tragedy of this fact is that these are human beings, all dear to God because He created them in His own image. Of nothing else in the Creation is it said that it was created in the likeness of God! Because fallen and perishing man is still nearer to God's likeness than any other creature on earth, God offers him conversion regeneration and forgiveness. It was surely because of this great potential in the human personality that the eternal Word could become flesh and dwell among us. We are assured in many ways in the Scriptures that God the Creator does not waste human personality but it is surely one of the stark tragedies of life that human personality can waste itself! A man by his own sin may waste himself, which is to waste and lose that which on earth is most like God. The man who dies out of Christ is said to be lost, and hardly a word in our language expresses his condition with greater accuracy!

Verse
Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels.
Matthew 25:41

Thought
We are assured in many ways in the Scriptures that God the Creator does not waste human personality but it is surely one of the stark tragedies of life that human personality can waste itself!

Prayer
Lord, I pray that you will use me to turn around lives that are being wasted.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Fri, August 14, 2015
WE WERE OUTCASTS, TOO
We confess, do we not, that we have a Christian responsibility to believe God's Word and to obey God's Truth? Then we should accept the fact that it is our task to practice the Christian virtues in the power of the Holy Spirit as we await the coming of Him who will come. The great spiritual needs around us should drive us back to the gospel records of the life and ministry of our Lord Jesus. When evil men crucified Jesus, killed Him, they had no power to change Him. They could not alter the Person or the personality of the Son of God. Putting Him on the cross did not drain away any of His divine affection for a lost race. The best thing we know about our Lord and Savior is that He loves the sinner. He has always loved the outcast-and for that we should be glad, for we, too, were once outcasts! We are descended from that first man and woman who failed God and disobeyed. They were cast out of the garden, and God set in place a flaming sword to keep them from returning!

Verse
As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you.
John 15:9

Thought
We should accept the fact that it is our task to practice the Christian virtues in the power of the Holy Spirit as we await the coming of Him who will come.

Prayer
Lord, help me to remember that I was an outcast. Thank you for reminding me what that means, and for making me one of yours.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Sat, August 15, 2015
GOD'S HIGHEST WILL
Let us consider three simple things reinforced in the Word of God for those who would discern God's highest will. First, be willing to put away known sin! Second, separate yourself from all of the attractions of the world, the flesh and the devil! Finally, offer yourself to your God and Savior in believing faith! God has never yet turned away an honest, sincere person who has come to know the eternal value of the atonement and the peace that is promised through the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. The only person who will never be cleansed and made whole is the one who insists he or she needs no remedy. The person who comes in faith to God and confesses, "I am unclean; I am sin-sick; I am blind," will find mercy and righteousness and life. Our Lord Jesus Christ is the Savior, the Cleanser. He is the Purifier, the Healer. He is the Sight-giver and the Life-giver. He alone is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

Verse
Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, 0 God.
Hebrews 10:9

Thought
The only person who will never be cleansed and made whole is the one who insists he or she needs no remedy.

Prayer
Lord, When I was sick you healed me, and when I was blind you opened my eyes. I pray that you will sustain your child through the rest of life's journey

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Sun, August 16, 2015
EVERY HINDRANCE REMOVED
There are many legal and governmental reasons why lost men and women should not go to heaven! It should not be difficult for us to acknowledge that a holy and righteous God must run His universe according to holy law - and we do not belong there because we have broken every one of those holy laws in some way! Therefore, there must be an effective redemption, a justification of some kind if we are to have God and He is to have us! Thank God, it has been done! The New Testament language is as plain as can be-in Christ through His death and resurrection, every legal hindrance has been met and satisfied: taken away! There is nothing that can keep us from assurance except our own selves. Let us quit trying to think our way in, to reason our way in. The only way to get in is to believe Him with our hearts forevermore!

Verse
Being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Romans 5:1

Thought
It should not be difficult for us to acknowledge that a holy and righteous God must run His universe according to holy law - and we do not belong there because we have broken every one of those holy laws in some way!

Prayer
Lord, I am so glad that I can not work, reason, or think my own way into your kingdom. I am thankful because I know I could not do it. Please help me to remember that redemption is your work performed on me.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 12 Aug 2015, 7:34 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Wed, August 12, 2015
WE SEE GOD'S PURPOSE
We trust the Word of God-and the inspired revelation makes it plain to the believing Christian that all things in the universe have derived their form from Christ, the eternal Son! We are assured that even as an architect-builder gathers the necessary materials needed to fashion the structure he has designed, so God will ultimately gather all things together under one head, even Christ (Ephesians 1:9-10). Everything in the universe has received its meaning by the power of His word; each has maintained its place and order through Him. Jesus Christ is God creating! Jesus Christ is God redeeming! Jesus Christ is God completing and harmonizing! Jesus Christ is God bringing together all things after the counsel of His own will! I can only hope that as we grow and mature and delight in our faith we are beginning to gain a new appreciation of God's great eternal purpose!

Verse
That he might gather together in one, all things in Christ ... in heaven and on earth.
Ephesians 1:10

Thought
Everything in the universe has received its meaning by the power of His word; each has maintained its place and order through Him.

Prayer
Father, thank you or sending your Son, who is so many things to us, and gave everything for us.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 11 Aug 2015, 5:38 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Mon, August 10, 2015
ACTIVITY IS NOT ENOUGH
Those who try to give warnings to the Christian church are never very popular. Still, I must voice the caution that our craze for "activity" brings very few enriching benefits into our Christian circles. Look into the churches, and you will find groups of half-saved, half-sanctified, carnal people who know more about social niceties than they do about the New Testament. It is a fact that many of our church folks are activists engaged in many religious journeys-but they do not seem to move up any closer to Jesus in heart and in spirit. This modern religious emphasis on activity reminds me of the Japanese mice I have seen in the pet store windows. They are called waltzing mice-but they do not waltz. They just run continually! Many in our churches hope to have a part in "something big and exciting." But God calls us back-back to the simplicity of the faith; back to the simplicity of Jesus Christ and His unchanging Person!

Verse
And he said unto them, Come ye yourselves apart... and rest awhile.
Mark 6:31

Thought
It is a fact that many of our church folks are activists engaged in many religious journeys-but they do not seem to move up any closer to Jesus in heart and in spirit.

Prayer
Dear Lord, I pray that what is important in life will not be lost in a flurry of activity. Help me to be able to slow it down when I need to.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Tue, August 11, 2015
PLAYING AT RELIGION
When our faith becomes obedience to our Savior, then it is true faith, indeed! The difficulty we modem Christians face is not misunderstanding the Bible, but persuading our untamed hearts to accept its plain instruction. Our problem is to get the consent of our world-loving minds to make Jesus Lord in fact, as well as in word. For it is one thing to say, "Lord, Lord," and quite another thing to obey the Lord's commandments. We may sing "Crown Him Lord of all," and rejoice in the tones of the loud organ and the deep melody in harmonious voices, but still we have done nothing until we have left the world and set our faces toward the City of God in hard practical reality. The world's spirit is strong and it can play at religion with every appearance of sincerity. It can have fits of conscience (particularly during Lent)! It will contribute to charitable causes and campaigns on behalf of the poor, but all with its own condition: "Let Christ keep His distance and never assert His Lordship." This it positively will not endure!

Verse
Whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world.
1 John5:4

Thought
The difficulty we modem Christians face is not misunderstanding the Bible, but persuading our untamed hearts to accept its plain instruction.

Prayer
Lord, take my life as a complete and sincere offering to you, and keep my mind set on obedience while my feet stay ready to do your will.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 09 Aug 2015, 11:03 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Sat, August 08, 2015
THINK LIKE GOD THINKS
If God knows that your intention is to worship Him with every part of your being, He has promised to cooperate with you. On His side is the love and grace, the promises and the atonement, the constant help and the presence of the Holy Spirit. On your side there is determination, seeking, yielding, believing. Your heart becomes a chamber, a sanctuary, a shrine in which there may be continuous, unbroken fellowship and communion with God. Your worship rises to God moment by moment! We have all found that God will not dwell in spiteful and proud and selfish thoughts. He treasures our pure and loving thoughts, our meek and charitable and kindly thoughts. They are the thoughts like His own! As God dwells in your thoughts, you will be worshiping-and God will be accepting. He will. be smelling the incense of your high intentions even when the cares of life are intense and there is activity all around you. This leaves us no argument. We know what God wants us to be. He wants us to be worshipers!

Verse
Search me, 0 God... and try me, and know my thoughts.
Psalm 139:23

Thought
As God dwells in your thoughts, you will be worshiping-and God will be accepting. He will. be smelling the incense of your high intentions even when the cares of life are intense and there is activity all around you.

Prayer
Lord, I worship you as you have created me to do. I love you and praise you, and I ask for the strength and wisdom to obey you in every moment.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Sun, August 09, 2015
OUR HIGHEST HAPPINESS
Let me call it to your attention that the happiness of all moral creatures lies in the giving of obedience to God, the Creator. The psalmist cries out in Psalm 103:20: "Bless the Lord, ye his angels; that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word." The angels in heaven find their complete freedom and highest happiness in obeying the commandments of God. They do not find it a tyranny-they find it a delight! Here is something that we should know and realize: heaven is a place of surrender to the whole will of God and it is heaven because it is such a place. I thank God that heaven is the world of God's obedient children. Whatever else we may say of its pearly gates, golden streets and jasper walls, heaven is heaven because children of the Most High God find they are in their normal sphere as obedient moral beings.

Verse
If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.
John 13:17

Thought
The happiness of all moral creatures lies in the giving of obedience to God, the Creator.

Prayer
Lord, I do look forward to heaven, and I wish to replicate a little of what heaven will be like here and now. I will obey you.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 07 Aug 2015, 10:36 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Thu, August 06, 2015
CHRIST CAME TO SAVE
Millions who have rejected the Christian gospel have generally been too busy and too involved to ask themselves a simple question: "What really is God's intention toward me?" They could have found the plain and simple answer given by the Apostle John: "For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world: but that the world through him might be saved." This is a gravely significant message from the heart of God Himself! Yet, even in the full light it provides, people are indifferent. Upon our eyes there seems to have fallen a strange dimness; within our ears, a strange dullness. It is a wonder, and a terrible responsibility, that we should have this message in our possession and be so little stirred about it! I confess that it is very hard for me to accept the fact that it is now very rare for anyone to come into the house of God, silently confessing: "Dear Lord, I am ready and willing to hear what you will speak to me today!"

Verse
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world.
John 3:17

Thought
It is a wonder, and a terrible responsibility, that we should have this message in our possession and be so little stirred about it!

Prayer
Lord, stir me up, and make me willing to hear what you have to say today.

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Fri, August 07, 2015
WE ARE NOT ORPHANS
I once wrote in an editorial that Christian believers are not orphans in this world, making the point that the divine Shepherd goes before us and that we travel an appointed way. A reader wrote to question my allusion to our traveling an "appointed" way, asking: "I was brought up a Methodist. In your comments, do you mean this to be foreordination? That is what the Presbyterians believe. Just what did you mean?" I replied that I had not meant to go down that deep into doctrine-that I had not been thinking of foreordination, predestination or the eternal decrees. "I was just satisfied that if a consecrated Christian will put himself in the hands of God, even the accidents may be turned into blessings," I told him. Anyway, I am sure the Methodist brother can go to sleep at night knowing that he does not have to become a Presbyterian to be certain that God is looking after him!

Verse
The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord.
Psalm 37:23

Thought
I am sure the Methodist brother can go to sleep at night knowing that he does not have to become a Presbyterian to be certain that God is looking after him!

Prayer
Lord, indeed you know what will be from day to day, and you know me best. I am just glad that my life is in your hands.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 05 Aug 2015, 10:16 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Wed, August 05, 2015
WHO WILL COME TO JESUS?
God's invitation to men is broad but not unqualified. The words "whosoever will may come" throw the door open, indeed, but the church is carrying the gospel invitation far beyond its proper bounds, turning it into something more human and less divine than that found in the sacred Scriptures. What we tend to overlook is that the word "whosoever" never stands by itself. Always its meaning is modified by the word "believe" or "will" or "come." According to the teachings of Christ no one will or can come and believe unless there has been done within him a prevenient work of God enabling him to do so. In the sixth chapter of John, Jesus teaches as that no one can come of himself; he must first be drawn by the Father. "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing," Jesus said. Before any man or woman can be saved, he or she must feel a consuming spiritual hunger. Where a hungry heart is found, we may be sure that God was there first-"Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you" (John 15:16).

Verse
Whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
Revelation 22:17

Thought
According to the teachings of Christ no one will or can come and believe unless there has been done within him a prevenient work of God enabling him to do so.

Prayer
Lord, Thank you for preparing me to come to you, and thank you for such a wonderous salvation. It is very special to be chosen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 04 Aug 2015, 9:51 pm

TOZER DEVOTIONAL
Tue, August 04, 2015
WHO HEARS THE CALL OF GOD?
Who can deny that there are certain persons who, though still unconverted, nevertheless differ from the crowd, marked out of God, stricken with an interior wound and susceptible to the call of God? In the prayer of Jesus in John 17:1lb, He said: "Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me." Surely no man is ever the same after God has laid His hand upon him. He will have certain marks, perhaps some not easy to detect. First might be a deep reverence for divine things. A sense of the sacred must be present or there can be no receptivity to God and truth. Another mark is great moral sensitivity. When God begins to work in a man to bring him to salvation He makes him acutely sensitive to evil. Another mark of the Spirit's working is a mighty moral discontent. It does take a work of God in a man to sour him on the world and to turn him against himself; yet until this has happened he is psychologically unable to repent and believe!

Verse
Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
John 6:68

Thought
Surely no man is ever the same after God has laid His hand upon him. He will have certain marks, perhaps some not easy to detect.

Prayer
Lord, thank you for leaving your many marks on my life, thank you for changing the entire face of my life.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum