World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 25 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 24 Guests :: 1 Bot

Admin

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Tozer Devotional - Page 38 EmptyToday at 12:28 am by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Tozer Devotional - Page 38 EmptyToday at 12:17 am by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Tozer Devotional - Page 38 EmptyYesterday at 10:42 pm by Admin

» Year of the Death of Jesus
Tozer Devotional - Page 38 EmptyYesterday at 10:27 pm by Admin

» AISH
Tozer Devotional - Page 38 EmptyYesterday at 10:01 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Tozer Devotional - Page 38 EmptyYesterday at 9:59 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Tozer Devotional - Page 38 EmptyYesterday at 9:23 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
Tozer Devotional - Page 38 EmptyYesterday at 9:09 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
Tozer Devotional - Page 38 EmptyYesterday at 9:07 pm by Admin

» israelAM
Tozer Devotional - Page 38 EmptyYesterday at 9:04 pm by Admin

» WHY DID GOD CREATE EVIL
Tozer Devotional - Page 38 EmptyYesterday at 4:36 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Tozer Devotional - Page 38 EmptyYesterday at 2:37 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Tozer Devotional - Page 38 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024, 11:38 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Tozer Devotional - Page 38 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024, 11:18 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Tozer Devotional - Page 38 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024, 9:54 pm by Admin

» Pressure from UN Threats
Tozer Devotional - Page 38 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:45 pm by Admin

» Ship that obliterated Baltimore bridge
Tozer Devotional - Page 38 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:44 pm by Admin

» Be Fervent in Spirit
Tozer Devotional - Page 38 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 10:54 pm by Admin

» Remain in God - iBelieve Truth
Tozer Devotional - Page 38 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 1:25 am by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Tozer Devotional - Page 38 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 11:00 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Tozer Devotional

Page 38 of 41 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Go down

Tozer Devotional - Page 38 Empty Re: Tozer Devotional

Post  Admin Tue 08 Mar 2011, 1:59 pm

Tozer Devotional
Monday, March 07, 2011

BRINGING US TO GLORY

As Christian believers (I am assuming you are a believer), you and I know how we have been changed and regenerated and assured of eternal life by faith in Jesus Christ and His atoning death. On the other hand, where this good news of salvation by faith is not known, religion becomes an actual bondage. If Christianity is known only as a religious institution, it may well become merely a legalistic system of religion, and the hope of eternal life becomes a delusion. I have said this much about reality and assurance to counter the shock you may feel when I add that God wants to fully prepare you in your daily Christian life so that you will be ready indeed for heaven! Many of us have been in God's household for a long time. Remember that God has been trying to do something special within our beings day after day, year after year. Why? Because His purpose is to bring many sons - and daughters too - unto glory!

Verse
For it became him... bringing many sons unto glory. Hebrews 2:10

Thought
If Christianity is known only as a religious institution, it may well become merely a legalistic system of religion, and the hope of eternal life becomes a delusion.

Prayer
Lord, I am so glad that life with you is not a hypnotic delusional repetitious drudge, but a wonderfully special relationship with joys springing new each day.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 07 Mar 2011, 1:25 pm

Tozer Devotional
Sunday, March 06, 2011

MAJESTY-AND MEEKNESS

When the prophets try to describe for me the attributes, the graces, the worthiness of the God who appeared to them and dealt with them, I feel that I can kneel down and follow their admonition: "He is thy Lord-worship thou Him!" They described Him as radiantly beautiful and fair. They said that He was royal and that He was gracious. They described Him as a mysterious being, and yet they noted His meekness. The meekness was His humanity. The majesty was His deity. You find them everlastingly united in Him. So meek that He nursed at His mother's breast, cried like any baby and needed all the human care that every child needs. But He was also God, and in His majesty He stood before Herod and before Pilate. When He returns, coming down from the sky, it will be in His majesty, the majesty of God; yet it will be in the majesty of the Man who is God! This is our Lord Jesus Christ. Before His foes He stands in majesty. Before His friends, He stands in meekness!

Verse
I will speak of the glorious honour of thy majesty, and of thy wondrous works. Psalm 145:5

Thought
The meekness was His humanity. The majesty was His deity. You find them everlastingly united in Him.

Prayer
Lord, I worship you in all of your majesty, and I thank you for making yourself known to me in humanity. Thank you for truly being 'God with us.'
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 05 Mar 2011, 1:37 pm

Tozer Devotional
Saturday, March 05, 2011

GUIDANCE IS BY THE SPIRIT

We can always trust the moving and the leading of the Holy Spirit in our lives and experiences, but we cannot always trust our human leanings and our fleshly and carnal desires. That calls for another word of balance. We know that the emotional life is a proper and noble part of our total personality. But by its very nature, it is of secondary importance, for religion lies in the will, and so does righteousness. God never intended that such a being as mankind should become the mere plaything of his or her feelings. The only good that God recognizes is the willed good. The only valid holiness is a willed holiness. That is why I am always a little suspicious of the overly bubbly Christian who talks too much about himself or herself-and not enough about Jesus. That is also why I am more than a little concerned about the professing Christian whose experience does not seem to have resulted in a true inner longing to be more like Jesus every day in thought, word and deed!

Verse
Bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:5

Thought
We know that the emotional life is a proper and noble part of our total personality. But by its very nature, it is of secondary importance, for religion lies in the will, and so does righteousness.

Prayer
Lord, make in me the will to do good, and to be holy, and make me strong enough to carry out what I will do.

Tozer Devotional
Thursday, March 04, 2011

THE TRUE SON OF MAN

The Christian message has ceased to be a pronouncement and has become instead a proposition. Scarcely anyone catches the imperious note in the words spoken by Jesus Christ. The invitational element of the Christian message has been pressed far out of proportion in the total scriptural scene. Christ with His lantern, His apologetic stance and His weak pleading face has taken the place of the true Son of Man whom John saw-His eyes as a flame of fire, His feet like burnished brass and His voice as the sound of many waters. Only the Holy Spirit can reveal our Lord as He really is, and He does not paint in oils. He manifests Christ to the human spirit, not to our physical eyes. These are strenuous times and men and women are being recruited to devote themselves to one or another master. But anything short of complete devotion to Christ is inadequate and must end in futility and loss.

Verse
One like unto the Son of man... out of his mouth went a sharp two-edged sword. Revelation 1:13, 16

Thought
Only the Holy Spirit can reveal our Lord as He really is, and He does not paint in oils. He manifests Christ to the human spirit, not to our physical eyes.

Prayer
Lord, I will strive todfay as always to make you my one devotion, and I thank you for being the only one worthy of our worship.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 04 Mar 2011, 1:45 pm

Tozer Devotional
Thursday, March 03, 2011

GOD'S FAITHFUL VOICE

In a day when judgments are soon to come upon the earth, we are often warned by doctors that we eat too much-and that we worry too much. More of us suffer from mental illness than suffer from major physical illnesses. In our self-centered lives, even those who are professing believers are prone to think they will hear the trumpets of woe in time to do something about all this. But at that time, it will be too late! The voice of God is a quiet voice. The voice of God's love and grace is constant-never strident, never compulsive. God has sent His messengers to every generation. He has spoken urgently and faithfully through His prophets; through the concerns of preachers and evangelists; even through the sweet voices of the gospel singers. Further, God has spoken through witnessing men and women: plain, sincere, loving men and women transformed by a spiritual birth which is from above. This is the voice of God we hear in this day of grace-the voice of the Savior calling wandering sinners home.

Verse
And take heed to yourselves.. . and cares of this life. Luke 21:34

Thought
The voice of God is a quiet voice. The voice of God's love and grace is constant-never strident, never compulsive.

Prayer
Lord, thank you for the strong clear and active voice that called me to you. Thank you for your amazing grace.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 03 Mar 2011, 12:02 pm

Tozer Devotional
Wednesday, March 02, 2011

SALVATION'S PRICE

Too many Christian leaders, acting like enthusiastic promoters, are teaching that the essence of faith is this: "Come to Jesus-it will cost you nothing!" The price has all been paid - "it will cost you nothing!" Brethren, that is a dangerous half-truth. There is always a price connected with salvation and with discipleship. God's grace is free, no doubt about that. No one in the wide world can make any human payment towards the plan of salvation or the forgiveness of sins. I take issue on Bible grounds with the statement that "everyone in the world has faith - all you have to do is turn your faith loose." That is truly a misconception of what the Bible teaches about men and God and faith. Actually, faith is a rare and wonderful plant that lives and grows only in the penitent soul. The teaching that every one has faith is simply a form of humanism in the guise of Christianity. I warn you that any faith that belongs to everybody is not the faith that saves. It is not that faith which is a gift of God to the broken and contrite heart!

Verse
But without faith it is impossible to please him. Hebrews 11:6

Thought
The teaching that every one has faith is simply a form of humanism in the guise of Christianity.

Prayer
Lord, may my faith grow stronger with the realization of how special it really is.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 02 Mar 2011, 3:04 pm

Tozer Devotional
Tuesday, March 01, 2011

FAITH AND OBEDIENCE

What is our answer to the many confused persons who keep asking: "How can we know that we have come into a saving relationship with Jesus Christ?" First, we stand together on the basic truth that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners. A second fact is that men and women are saved by faith in Christ, alone; without works and without our merit. However, the fact that Christ came to save sinners is not enough-that fact in itself cannot save us. Now, in our day, the issues of believing faith and the gift of eternal life are clouded and confused by an "easy acceptance" that has been fatal to millions who may have stopped short in matters of faith and obedience. Faith is believing and receiving, as in Acts 16:31: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved;" and as in John 1:12: "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe in his name."

Verse
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:13

Thought
Faith is believing and receiving.

Prayer
Lord, I am so thankful that you chose in your own wonderful way to save me, and I pray that the choice I made to serve you will be evident to those I would hope to win for you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 01 Mar 2011, 2:58 pm

Tozer Devotional
Monday, February 28, 2011

EXPLORE GOD'S WORD

What a strange paradox! The atheistic free-thinker rants and raves about the Bible being a "dangerous" book at the very same time that the Word of God is speaking life to my soul! Strange indeed that some humans have the idea that the Word of God can only be approached with shivering fears. But that is true only of those who love their sin and hate their Savior. The blessed truth is that if I hate my sin and love my Savior, the Word of God is a wonderful revelation, indeed, and a trustworthy guide. We need to be aware always that if we do not keep the Word of God on our side, we will be miserable in our souls continually. It is up to us. What do we sincerely will to do with God and His revealed Word? Years ago, the saintly George Mueller said he had read the Bible hundreds of times, and then he added: "with meditation!" Let us see to it that we read the Word. More than that, we should actually explore it!

Verse
Thy word have I hid in mine heart. Psalm 119:11

Thought
The blessed truth is that if I hate my sin and love my Savior, the Word of God is a wonderful revelation, indeed, and a trustworthy guide.

Prayer
Lord, thank you for your Holy Bible. May I seek every day as I learn from it to not only read and meditate, but constantly apply the wisdom I gain.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 28 Feb 2011, 1:11 pm

Tozer Devotional
Sunday, February 27, 2011

GOD SETS NO LIMIT

Do you know that there are Bible "interpreters" now who believe they can set rules as to how much we can have of God? However, the Lord Himself has promised that as far as He is concerned, He is willing to keep the candles of my soul brightly burning! So, my heart tells me to ignore the modern scribes whose interpretations, 1 fear, are forcing the Spirit, the blessed Dove, to fold His wings and be silent. I turn rather to one of Dr. A.B. Simpson's hymns rarely sung now, probably because very few believers have this experience of which he wrote: I take the hand of love divine, I count each precious promise mine With this eternal countersign - I take - He undertakes! I take Thee, blessed Lord, I give myself to Thee; And Thou, according to Thy Word Dost undertake for me!

Verse
Let no man deceive you with vain words. Ephesians 5:6

Thought
The Lord Himself has promised that as far as He is concerned, He is willing to keep the candles of my soul brightly burning!

Prayer
Lord, thank you for giving yourself to me more than I could ever understand, and thank you undertaking for me.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 27 Feb 2011, 2:14 pm

Tozer Devotional
Saturday, February 26, 2011

OUR LIFE IS IN CHRIST

Certainly not all of the mystery of the Godhead can be known by man-but just as certainly, all that men can know of God in this life is revealed in Jesus Christ! When the Apostle Paul said with yearning, "That I may know Him," he was not speaking of intellectual knowledge. Paul was speaking of the reality of an experience of knowing God personally and consciously, spirit touching spirit and heart touching heart. We know that people spend a lot of time talking about a deeper Christian life-but few seem to want to know and love God for Himself. The precious fact is that God is the deeper life! Jesus Christ Himself is the deeper life, and as I plunge on into the knowledge of the triune God, my heart moves on into the blessedness of His fellowship. This means that there is less of me and more of God-thus my spiritual life deepens and I am strengthened in the knowledge of His will!

Verse
Thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ. 2 Corinthians 2:14

Thought
All that men can know of God in this life is revealed in Jesus Christ!

Prayer
Lord, let me decrease that you may increase. Let me learn that to know you is to live life more fully.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 27 Feb 2011, 12:40 am

Tozer Devotional
Friday, February 25, 2011

THE WONDER OF REDEMPTION

My brethren in the Christian faith, stand with me in defense of this basic doctrine: The living God did not degrade Himself in the Incarnation. When the Word was made flesh, there was no compromise on God's part! It is plain in the ancient Athanasian Creed that the early church fathers were cautious at this point of doctrine. They would not allow us to believe that God, in the Incarnation, became flesh by a coming down of the Deity into flesh, but rather by the taking of mankind into God. That is the wonder of redemption! In the past, the mythical gods of the nations were not strangers to compromise. But the holy God who is God, our heavenly Father, could never compromise Himself! He remained ever God and everything else remained not God. That gulf still existed even after Jesus Christ had become man and dwelt among us. This much, then, we can know about the acts of God-He will never back out of His bargain. This amazing union of man with God is effected unto perpetuity!

Verse
For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily. Colossians 2:9

Thought
The living God did not degrade Himself in the Incarnation. When the Word was made flesh, there was no compromise on God's part!

Prayer
Lord, I am amazed, and do not claim to understand how you could take on the form of man and yet still be completely yourself. Though I do not understand, I am truly thankful, because it allowed me to know you better.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 25 Feb 2011, 2:28 pm

Tozer Devotional
Wednesday, February 24, 2011

LOVE WITHOUT MEASURE

I once wrote something about how God loves us and how dear we are to Him. I was not sure I should put it down on paper-but God knows what I meant. I wrote: "The only eccentricity that I can discover in the heart of God is the fact that a God such as He is should love sinners such as we are!" On this earth a mother will love the son who has betrayed her and shamed her and is now on his way to a life in prison. That seems to be a natural thing for a mother. But there is nothing natural about this love of God. It is a divine thing. It is forced out by the inward pressure within the heart of the God of all grace. That is why He waits for us, puts up with us, desires to lead us on-He loves us! My brethren, this should be our greatest encouragement in view of all that we know about ourselves: God loves us without measure, and He is so keenly interested in our spiritual growth and progress that He stands by in faithfulness to teach and instruct and discipline us as His own dear children!

Verse
Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love. Jeremiah 31:3

Thought
The only eccentricity that I can discover in the heart of God is the fact that a God such as He is should love sinners such as we are!

Prayer
Dear Lord, Thank you so much for love so extreme that to me it seems so unatural, but I know that to you it is your very nature.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 24 Feb 2011, 1:24 pm

Tozer Devotional
Wednesday, February 23, 2011

DEALING WITH SIN

Many evangelical teachers insist so strongly upon free, unconditional grace as to create the impression that sin is not a serious matter and that God cares very little about it! They make it seem that God is only concerned with our escaping the consequences. The gospel, then, in practical application, means little more than a way to escape the fruits of our past! But the heart that has felt the weight of its own sin and has seen the dread whiteness of the Most High God will never believe that a message of forgiveness without transformation is a message of good news. To remit a man's past without transforming his present is to violate the moral sincerity of his own heart. To that kind of thing God will be no party! For to offer a sinner the gift of salvation based upon the work of Christ, while at the same time allowing him to retain the idea that the gift carries with it no moral implications, is to do him untold injury where it hurts him most!

Verse
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life. Romans 6:23

Thought
To remit a man's past without transforming his present is to violate the moral sincerity of his own heart.

Prayer
Lord, Let me remember now the incredible cost of the grace you so freely give, and remind me always of the death that must daily take place in my life so that I may truly live.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 23 Feb 2011, 12:27 pm

Tozer Devotional
Tuesday, February 22, 2011

UNITED WITH CHRIST

The Spirit of God has impelled me to preach and write much about the believer's conscious union with Christ-a union that must be felt and experienced. I will never be through talking about the union of the soul with the Savior, the conscious union of the believer's heart with Jesus. Remember, I am not talking about a "theological union" only. I am speaking also of a conscious union, a union that is felt and experienced. I have never been ashamed to tell my congregations that I believe in feelings. I surely believe in what Jonathan Edwards termed "religious affections." That is man's perspective. I am aware also that from God's perspective there are qualities in the Divine Being that can only be known by the heart; never by the intellect! Long ago John wrote: "Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us" (1 John 3:16). So it is best for us to confess that as humans we have difficulty in understanding what God has said when He says that He loves us!

Verse
We are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. 1 John 5:20

Thought
We have difficulty in understanding what God has said when He says that He loves us.

Prayer
Lord, I do not claim to understand how you could want to be united with a man like me, but I cherish the fact that you do.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 22 Feb 2011, 5:33 pm

Tozer Devotional
Monday, February 20, 2011

GRACE CAN BE COSTLY

Christians all around us are trying every shortcut they can think of, to get "something for nothing" in the kingdom of God. Talk to them and they will predictably flare up: "Isn't grace something for nothing?" That depends upon what kind of grace we are talking about. Pastor Dietrich Bonhoeffer gave his life as a martyr in Hitler's Germany, but he left a book now known around the world: The Cost of Discipleship. He pointed out a sharp distinction between "cheap grace" and "costly grace." Although God's grace has been given freely to humans who do not deserve it, Bonhoeffer believed it rightly could be called "costly grace" because it cost our Lord Jesus Christ even the suffering of death. Some men and women have actually turned God's grace into lasciviousness. They do not know what the word grace means-that God gives us out of His rich and full goodness although we are unworthy of it. When I preach about the grace of God and point out that Jesus commanded us to take up our cross and follow Him, those who do not know the meaning of grace respond: "Oh, Tozer is now preaching legalism."

Verse
For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace... grace be with you all. Amen. Hebrews 13:9, 25

Thought
Some men and women have actually turned God's grace into lasciviousness.

Prayer
Lord, thank you for the reminder that your grace does not come cheap, and help me to remember the dear cost of what you give so freely.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 21 Feb 2011, 12:26 pm

Tozer Devotional
Sunday, February 20, 2011

GOD'S GRACIOUS ACT

We do well to remember that mankind is only one order of God's beings or creatures. So we wonder: How could the Infinite ever become finite? And: How could the Limitless One deliberately impose limitations upon Himself? In the book of Hebrews we learn to our amazement that God took not upon Him the nature of angels, but He took upon Him the seed of Abraham. We would suppose that God in stepping down would step down just as little as possible. But instead He came down to the lowest order and took upon Himself the nature of Abraham-the seed of Abraham. I like what John Wesley said concerning this mysterious act of God in stooping down to tabernacle with us: we should be sure to distinguish the act from the method by which the act is performed. Do not reject a fact because we do not know how it was done, Wesley advised. With the saints of all ages, we do well just to throw up our hands and confess: "Oh Lord, Thou knowest!"

Verse
The Word was made flesh... and dwelt among us. John 1:14

Thought
God took not upon Him the nature of angels, but He took upon Him the seed of Abraham.

Prayer
Dearest Lord, I will not know how you could stoop to be with us, until I can look through the eyes of unfailing grace. I am just so grateful that you chose to dwell with me.

Tozer Devotional
Saturday, February 19, 2011

BENEFITS OF GRACE

Only a believing Christian can testify, "I am a sinner-saved by the grace of God!" But that is not the whole story. All that we have is cut of His grace. Jesus Christ, the eternal Word who became flesh and dwelt among us, is the open channel through whom God moves to provide all the benefits He gives, both to saints and to sinners-yes, even to sinners! Even though you may still be unconverted and going your own way, you have received much out of the ocean of His fullness. You have received the pulsing life that beats in your bosom. You have received the brilliant mind and the brain without which you could not function. You have received a memory that strings the events you cherish as a jeweler strings pearls into a necklace. When we say to an unbelieving man, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ," we are actually saying to him: "Believe on the One who sustains you and upholds you and who has given you life. Believe in the One who pities you and spares you and keeps you. Believe on the One out of whom you came!"

Verse
But now in Christ Jesus. . ye are made nigh by the blood of Christ. Ephesians 2:12

Thought
All that we have is cut of His grace. Jesus Christ, the eternal Word who became flesh and dwelt among us, is the open channel through whom God moves to provide all the benefits He gives, both to saints and to sinners-yes, even to sinners!

Prayer
Lord, your grace is so amazing to me, and the greatest grace ever afforded any man was given me when you saved me while I was yet completely opposed to you. Thank you for making me in your image, even when I was not yet even your child.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 20 Feb 2011, 1:56 pm

Tozer Devotional
Friday, February 18, 2011

RICHES OF GRACE

Would it startle you if I dared to say that the living God has never done anything in His universe apart from Jesus Christ? Christians seem to be woefully unaware of the full meaning and measure of the grace of God. Why should we question God's provision when the Holy Spirit tells us through the Apostle John that the Word who became flesh is "full of grace and truth"? Brethren, the stars in their courses, the frogs that croak beside the lake, the angels in heaven above and men and women on earth below-all came out of the channel we call the eternal Word! In the book of Revelation, John bears record of the whole universe joining to give praise to the Lamb that was slain. Under the earth and on the earth, and above the earth John heard creatures praising Jesus Christ, all joining in a great chorus: "Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory and blessing!" Yes, surely the entire universe is beneficiary of God's rich grace in Jesus Christ!

Verse
God hath in these last days spoken by his Son... by whom also he made the worlds. Hebrews 1:2

Thought
Brethren, the stars in their courses, the frogs that croak beside the lake, the angels in heaven above and men and women on earth below-all came out of the channel we call the eternal Word!

Prayer
Dearest Lord, I am reminded once again of the cornerstone of our faith which is Jesus Christ, and the grace with which we are blessed to have such an example.
----
Tozer Devotional
Thursday, February 17, 2011

YES, GOD LOVES US

If we are to have any satisfying and lasting understanding of life, it must be divinely given. It begins with the confession that it is indeed the God who has revealed Himself to us who is the central pillar bearing up the universe. Believing that, we then go on to acknowledge that we have discovered His great eternal purpose for men and women made in His own image. I heard a brilliant Canadian author being interviewed on the radio concerning world conditions, and he said: "I confess that our biggest mistake is the fond belief that we humans are special pets of Almighty God and that God has a special fondness for us as people." We have a good answer: man as he was originally created is God's beloved. Man in that sense is the beloved of the universe. God said, "I have made man in My image and man is to be above all other creatures. Redeemed man is to be even above the angels in the heavens. He is to enter into My presence pardoned and unashamed, to worship me and to look on My face while the ages roll on!" No wonder we believe that God is the only certain foundation!

Verse
We love him, because he first loved us. 1 John 4:19

Thought
Man as he was originally created is God's beloved. Man in that sense is the beloved of the universe.

Prayer
Dearest Lord, thank you so much for the rich love that no man could ever deserve, but that you give so freely.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 17 Feb 2011, 12:58 pm

Tozer Devotional
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
OUR CHARTER IS FROM GOD
While we are right to thank God in appreciation for all of the great and good men in the history of the Christian church, we actually "follow" none of them. Our charter goes farther back and is from a higher source. They were rightly looked upon as leaders, but they were all servants of God, even as you and I are. Luther sowed. Wesley watered. Finney reaped-but they were only servants of the living God. In our local assemblies, we are part of the church founded by the Lord Jesus Christ and perpetuated by the mystery of the new birth. Therefore, our assembly is that of Christian believers gathered unto a Name to worship and adore the Presence. So, in that sense, the strain is gone. The strain and pressure to abide by traditional religious forms all begin to pale in importance as we function in faith as the people of God who glorify His Name and honor His Presence! If all of this is true-and everything within me witnesses that it is-we may insist that God is able to do for us all that He did in the days of the apostles. There has been no revocation of our charter!
Verse
Upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. Matthew 16:18
Thought
Luther sowed. Wesley watered. Finney reaped-but they were only servants of the living God.
Prayer
Dear Lord, Thank you for my place in your plan.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 16 Feb 2011, 5:02 pm

Tozer Devotional
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
SAVIOR AND LORD
God chose His only begotten Son as the channel for His grace and truth, for John witnesses that "grace and truth came by Jesus Christ!" The Law was given by Moses-but that was all that Moses could do. He could only "command" righteousness. In contrast, only Jesus Christ produces righteousness. All that Moses could do was to forbid us to sin. In contrast, Jesus Christ came to save us from sin. Moses could not save anyone-but Jesus Christ is both Savior and Lord. Grace came through Jesus Christ before Mary wept in the manger stall in Bethlehem. It was the grace of God in Christ that saved the human race from extinction when our first parents sinned in the Garden. It is plain in history that God forgave Israel time and time again. It was the grace of God in Christ prior to the Incarnation that made God say: "I have risen early in the morning and stretched out my hands to you!"
Verse
For by grace are ye saved through faith... it is the gift of God. Ephesians 2:8
Thought
All that Moses could do was to forbid us to sin. In contrast, Jesus Christ came to save us from sin.
Prayer
Lord, Thank you for coming to save us poor sinners, and not to condemn us.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 15 Feb 2011, 3:23 pm

Tozer Devotional
Monday, February 14, 2011
MAN HAS LOST GOD
The average person in the world today, without faith and without God and without hope, is engaged in a desperate personal search and struggle throughout his lifetime. He does not really know what he is doing here. He does not know where he is going. The sad commentary is that everything he is doing is being done on borrowed time, borrowed money and borrowed strength-and he already knows that in the end he will surely die! It boils down to the bewildered confession of many humans that they have lost God somewhere along the way. Man, made more like God than any other creature, has become less like God than any other creature. Created to reflect the glory of God, he has retreated sullenly into his cave-reflecting only his own sinfulness. Certainly it is a tragedy above all tragedies in this world that love has gone from man's heart. Beyond that, light has gone from his mind. Having lost God, he blindly stumbled on through this dark world to find only a grave at the end!
Verse
Thou takest away their breath, they die, and return to dust. Psalm
----
Tozer Devotional
Sunday, February 13, 2011
IN THE BEGINNING
None of us can approach a consideration of the eternal nature and Person of Jesus Christ without sensing and confessing our human inadequacy in the face of the divine revelation. John, in his gospel, provides a beautiful portrait of the eternal Christ, starting with those stark, incredible words: "In the beginning!', My brethren, that is where we start with the understanding and the revelation of Christianity! Many others have made a variety of claims but only our Christ is the Christ of God. Certainly it was not Buddha and not Mohammed; not Joseph Smith, not Mrs. Eddy and not Father Divine! All of these and countless others like them had beginnings-but they all had their endings, too. What an incredible difference! Our Christian life commences with the eternal Son of God. This is our Lord Jesus Christ: the Word who was with the Father in the beginning; the Word who was God; and the Word who is God! This is the only one who can assure us: "No man cometh unto the Father, but by Me!"
Verse
In the beginning was the Word... and the Word was God. John 1:1

Tozer Devotional
Saturday, February 12, 2011
YES, EVERYTHING IS WRONG... UNTIL JESUS MAKES IT RIGHT
Men and women without God are helpless and hopeless human beings. We do well to remember that sin is to the human nature what cancer is to the human body! Who can argue with the fact that sin has ruined us? Our feverish activity is only one sign of what is wrong with us - sin has plunged us into the depths and so marked us with mortality that we have become brother to the clay-but God never meant it to be so. I recall being invited to speak at a summer conference where much of the emphasis is upon fun and amusement and jokes, something like Hollywood, I suppose. After my sessions there, the pastor-director told me frankly of his wife's reaction: "Honey, after listening to Dr. Tozer, can it be true that there isn't anything good in this world?" Well, I know she had a Bible in her house and I consider her query one of the foolish questions of our times. Of course the world makes its own argument that there are things that can be considered good on the human level-but they belong to us only for a brief day. Nothing is divinely good until it bears the imprint of our Lord Jesus Christ! Men and women may argue and make excuses, but it does not change the fact that in our human society we are completely surrounded by three marks of the ancient curse: everything is recent, temporal and transient! That is why the Holy Spirit whispers faithfully, reminding us of the Christ of God, eternity walking in flesh, God Almighty come to live among us and to save-actually to give us eternity!
Verse
Having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself... whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven. Colossians 1:20
Thought
Who can argue with the fact that sin has ruined us?
Prayer
Lord, Help me to remember that there is nothing good in this world until you make it yours.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 13 Feb 2011, 11:55 am

Tozer Devotional
Friday, February 11, 2011
THE PERFECTIONS OF GOD
I hope that if I am remembered at all it will be for this reason: I have spent my efforts and my energies trying to turn the direction of the people away from the external elements of religion to those that are internal and spiritual. I have tried to take away some of the clouds in the hope that men and women would be able to view God in His glory. I would like to see this sense of glory recaptured throughout the church-too many Christians do not expect to experience any of the glory until they see Him face to face! Within our Christian fellowship and worship, we must recapture the Bible concepts of the perfection of our God Most High! We have lost the sense and the wonder of His awe-fullness, His perfection, His beauty. Oh, I feel that we should preach it, sing it, write about it, talk about it and tell it until we have recaptured the concept of the Majesty of God! Only that can be beautiful ultimately which is holy-and we who belong to Jesus Christ should know the true delight of worshiping God in the beauty of His holiness!
Verse
Give unto the Lord the glory due unto his name; worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness. Psalm 29:2
Thought
I have spent my efforts and my energies trying to turn the direction of the people away from the external elements of religion to those that are internal and spiritual.
Prayer
Lord, the majesty you command is too much for me to understand. Like a child I look at you with awe and wonder. May it always be so.

Tozer Devotional
Thursday, February 10, 2011
GOD'S SOVEREIGN PLAN
Many people continue to live in daily fear that the world "is coming to an end." Only in the Scriptures do we have the description and prediction of the age-ending heavenly and earthly events when our Lord and Savior will be universally acknowledged as King of kings and Lord of lords. God's revelation makes it plain that in "that day" all will acclaim Him "victor!" Human society, generally, refuses to recognize God's sovereignty or His plan for His redeemed people. But no human being or world government will have any control in that fiery day of judgement yet to come. John's vision of things to come tells us clearly and openly that at the appropriate time this world will be taken away from men and placed in the hands of the only Man who has the wisdom and authority to rightly govern. That Man is the eternal Son of God, the worthy Lamb, our Lord Jesus Christ!
Verse
Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the Kingdom to God... for he must reign. 1 Corinthians 15:24-25
Thought
No human being or world government will have any control in that fiery day of judgement yet to come.
Prayer
Lord, as I look forward to the end of this world, I also look forward in reassureance that to serve you is the best possible destiny.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 10 Feb 2011, 1:27 pm

Tozer Devotional
Wednesday, February 09, 2011
THE LORD OF ALL BEAUTY
Think with me about beauty-and about this matchless One who is the Lord of all beauty, our Savior! God has surely deposited something within our human beings that is capable of understanding and appreciating beauty - the love of harmonious forms, appreciation of colors and beautiful sounds. Brother, these are only the external counterparts of a deeper and more enduring beauty-that which we call moral beauty. It has been the uniqueness and the perfection of Christ's moral beauty that have charmed even those who claimed to be His enemies throughout the centuries of history. We do not have any record of Hitler saying anything against the moral perfection of Jesus. One of the great philosophers, Nietzsche, objected to Paul's theology of justification by faith, but he was strangely moved within himself by the perfection of moral beauty found in the life and character of Jesus, the Christ. We should thank God for the promise of heaven being the place of supreme beauty-and the One who is all-beautiful is there!
Verse
They shall see the glory of the Lord; and the excellency of our God. Isaiah 35:2
Thought
It has been the uniqueness and the perfection of Christ's moral beauty that have charmed even those who claimed to be His enemies throughout the centuries of history.
Prayer
Lord, thank you for showing us true beauty in your life, and thank you for the opportunity to share eternity with you.

Tozer Devotional
Tuesday, February 08, 2011
CHRIST'S PICTURE EVERYWHERE
We try to sympathize with the writer John as he attempts to describe heavenly creatures in human terms in the book of Revelation. He knew and we know that it was impossible for God to fully reveal Himself and the heavenly glories to a man. John tries to describe for us the four "living creatures" in Revelation 4. The first was like a lion; the second was like an ox; the third had the face of a man; the fourth was like a soaring eagle. Did you know that for centuries Christians have seen those same "faces" in the four gospels of the New Testament? God has put Jesus Christ's picture everywhere! Matthew's is the gospel of the King. Mark's, the gospel of the suffering Servant. Luke's, the gospel of the Son of Man. John's, the gospel of the Son of God. Four loving, adoring, worshiping beings, faithfully and forever devoted to praising God! Make no mistake about it: the imagery is plainly the gospel of Christ. He is what Christianity is all about!
Verse
Thou art worthy, 0 Lord, to Receive honor and glory and power. Revelation 4:11
Thought
God has put Jesus Christ's picture everywhere!
Prayer
Lord, thank you for choosing to shed light on your character in so many different ways so that we could know you better.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 08 Feb 2011, 3:07 pm

Tozer Devotional
Monday, February 07, 2011
BETTER THAN GOLD
Every Christian believer should be aware that our God has given us definite promises of an amazing inheritance to be realized in the eternal! The blessings and riches of our divine inheritance are not riches that will come to us for anything that is worthy or superior in ourselves; but will come because of our relationship in faith to the One who is the fount of every blessing. We must remember that an inheritance has not actually been earned. Such bequests come from One who owns everything and gives to another whom He delights to honor and who can establish his rightful claim. Inheritance is a right resulting from a relationship. In this case, the right belongs to the children of God by virtue of the fact that their identification as children of God by faith in the eternal Son of God has been established and is in the heavenly records! The apostle said of us: "Men and women cannot imagine or even dream of all the things which God has prepared for those who love Him!"
Verse
That ye might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 1 Corinthians 3:12
Thought
God has given us definite promises of an amazing inheritance to be realized in the eternal!
Prayer
Lord, I am so thankful for all of the things you have bestowed upon me as an adopted child.
---
Tozer Devotional
Sunday, February 06, 2011
CHRIST'S WORLD OF NATURE
Jesus Christ came into our world in the fullness of time, and His own world, the world of nature, received Him, even though His own people received Him not! It is my own feeling that when Jesus came, all of nature went out to greet Him. The star led the wise men from the East. The cattle in the stable stall in Bethlehem did not bother Him. His own things in created nature received Him. Dr. G. Campbell Morgan believed that when Jesus went into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil, He was there with the wild beasts for 40 days and nights. Dr. Morgan held that there had been a wrong conception, as if Jesus needed angelic protection from the animals. Jesus was perfectly safe there. He was nature's Creator and Lord. Jesus was in total harmony with nature and I am of the opinion that the deeper our Christian commitment becomes, the more likely we will find ourselves in tune and in harmony with the natural world around us!
Verse
Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him. Matthew 4:11
Thought
It is my own feeling that when Jesus came, all of nature went out to greet Him.
Prayer
Lord, let me join with those who worship you as creater and Lord of all.
--
Tozer Devotional
Saturday, February 05, 2011
THE HAPPY MORN
When we sing, "The Light of the world is Jesus," there should be a glow on our faces that would make the world believe indeed that we really mean it! The Incarnation meant something vast and beautiful for John Milton-and he celebrated the coming of Jesus into the world with one of the most beautiful and moving expressions ever written by a man: This is the month, and this the happy morn, Wherein the Son of Heaven's eternal King, Of wedded maid, and Virgin mother born, Our great redemption from above did bring. That glorious form, that Light insufferable, And that far-beaming blaze of majesty, He laid aside, and here with us to be, Forsook the courts of everlasting Day, And chose with us a darksome house of mortal clay. Oh! run; prevent them with thy humble ode, And lay it lowly at His blessed feet, Have thou the honor first thy Lord to greet And join thy voices with the Angel quire, From out His secret altar touched with hallowed fire!
Verse
For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour. Luke 2:11
Prayer
Lord, you are the light of the world, and today as we celebrate your birth, let us remember the wonder the coming of that light is to every one who calls you Lord.
--
Tozer Devotional
Friday, February 04, 2011
JOY AND WONDER
It is tragic that men and women everywhere are losing the sense of wonder, confessing now only one interest in life-and that is utility! Even Christmas Day has been degraded. We ignore the beautiful and the majestic, asking only "How can I use it? How much profit will it bring?" The believing children of God once upon a time saw God in everything. They were enraptured with everything before them. There was no common hill-they were all the hills of God! There was no common cloud-they were the chariots of God! They saw God in everything: in our day we never look up in happy surprise! But let me tell you that it has been a never-failing delight throughout my years to watch little children on Christmas morning. The gifts may be humble, but the child's burst of spontaneous delight and wonder is genuine and rewarding. That incredulous look in the child's face - everything is full of wonder and beauty! Sad, indeed, for adults to lose the wonder in worship - for worship is wonder and wonder is worship!
Verse
Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy. Luke 2:10
Thought
It has been a never-failing delight throughout my years to watch little children on Christmas morning.
Prayer
Lord, thank you for the deep joy and wonder each Christams brings to my
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 05 Feb 2011, 4:09 pm

Tozer Devotional
Thursday, February 03, 2011
CHRISTMAS IS REAL
The birth of Christ was a divine declaration, an eternal statement to a race of fallen men and women. The Advent of Christ clearly established: First, that God is real. The heavens were opened and another world than this came into view. Second, that human life is essentially spiritual. With the emergence into human flesh of the Eternal Word of the Father, the fact of man's divine origin is confirmed. Third, that God indeed had spoken by the prophets. The coming of the Messiah-Savior into the world confirmed the veracity of the Old Testament Scripture. Fourth, that man is lost but not abandoned. Had men not been lost no Savior would have been required. Had they been abandoned no Savior would have come. Finally, that this world is not the end. We are made for two worlds and as surely as we now inhabit the one we shall also inhabit the other!
Verse
Great is the mystery... God was manifest in the flesh. 1 Timothy 3:16
Thought
The birth of Christ was a divine declaration.
Prayer
Lord, I thank you for all of the things that Christams is to me, and most of all for the gift it celebrates

Tozer Devotional
Wednesday, February 02, 2011
THE WORD MADE FLESH
I have given much thought and contemplation to the sweetest and tenderest of all of the mysteries in God's revelation to man-the Incarnation! Jesus, the Christ, is the Eternal One, for in the fullness of time He humbles Himself John's description is plain: the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us. I confess that I would have liked to have seen the baby Jesus. But the glorified Jesus yonder at the right hand of the Majesty on high, was the baby Jesus once cradled in the manger straw. Taking a body of humiliation, He was still the Creator who made the wood of that manger, made the straw, and was Creator of all the beasts that were there. In truth, He made the little town of Bethlehem and all that it was. He also made the star that lingered over the scene that night. He had come into His own world, His Father's world. Everything we touch and handle belongs to Him. So we have come to love Him and adore Him and honor Him!
Verse
And lo, a voice from heaven saying, this is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Matthew 3:17
Thought
Taking a body of humiliation, He was still the Creator who made the wood of that manger, made the straw, and was Creator of all the beasts that were there.
Prayer
Lord, I am so thankful that you the creator came to be among and save the created.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 01 Feb 2011, 3:36 pm

Reflections - Thinking

Tozer Devotional
Monday, January 31, 2011

DO YOU LOVE BEAUTY?

When we look closely at this world system and society, we see the terrible and ugly scars of sin. Sin has obscenely scarred and defaced this world, taking away its harmony and symmetry and beauty. That is the negative picture. Thank God for the positive promise and prospect that heaven is the place of all loveliness, all harmony and beauty. These are not idle words. If you love beautiful things, you had better stay out of hell, for hell will be the quintessence of all that is morally ugly and obscene. Hell will be the ugliest place in all of creation! It is a fact that earth lies between all that is ugly in hell and all that is beautiful in heaven. As long as we are living here, we will have to consider the extreme-much that is good and much that is bad! As believers, we are held firm in the knowledge that the eternal Son came to save us and deliver us to a beautiful heaven and everlasting fellowship with God!

Verse
There shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination. Revelation 21:27

Thought
Thank God for the positive promise and prospect that heaven is the place of all loveliness, all harmony and beauty.

Prayer
Lord, thank you for so much to look forward to.

-----

Tozer Devotional
Sunday, January 30, 2011

REVIVAL-AND RENEWAL

I hope some of you will agree with me that it is of far greater importance that we have better Christians than that we have more of them! If we have any spiritual concerns, our most pressing obligation is to do all in our power to obtain a revival that will result in a reformed, revitalized, purified church. Each generation of Christians is the seed of the next, and degenerate seed is sure to produce a degenerate harvest; not a little better than but worse than the seed from which it sprang. Thus the direction will be down until vigorous, effective means are taken to improve the seed. Why is it easier to talk about revival than to experience it? Because followers of Christ must become personally and vitally involved in the death and resurrection of Christ. And this requires repentance, prayer, watchfulness, self-denial, detachment from the world, humility, obedience and cross-carrying!

Verse
Though our outward man perish yet the inward man is renewed day by day. 2 Corinthians 4:16

Thought
Our most pressing obligation is to do all in our power to obtain a revival that will result in a reformed, revitalized, purified church.

Prayer
Lord, let me experience the type of Christianity you intended for me to have, and give me the strength to work for it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 31 Jan 2011, 11:33 pm

Tozer Devotional
Saturday, January 29, 2011

GIVE GOD THE CONTROL

I know that I am being repetitious - but this needs to be said again and again: our Lord will not save those whom He cannot command! The lifetime God has given us down here is a lifetime of decisions. Each person makes his own decisions as to the eternal world he is going to inhabit. We must decide to take Jesus for what He is - the anointed Savior and Lord who is King of kings and Lord of all lords! He would not be who He is if He saved us and called us without the understanding that He can also guide us and control our lives. The root of sin is rebellion against God, and hell is the Alcatraz for the unconstituted rebels who refuse to surrender to the will of God. There are many arguments about the reality of hell. A man might endure fire and brimstone and worm - but the essence of hell and judgment for a moral creature is to know and be conscious that he is where he is because he is a rebel! Hell will be the eternal domain of all the disobedient rebels who have said, "I owe God nothing!"

Verse
Make me to go in the path of thy commandments, for therein do I delight. Psalm 119:35

Thought
Our Lord will not save those whom He cannot command!

Prayer
Lord, command me and I will obey. I owe you everything, and I will give it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 41 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next