World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 24 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 24 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Insight For Living~ Charles R Swindoll - Page 9 EmptyToday at 10:42 pm by Admin

» Year of the Death of Jesus
Insight For Living~ Charles R Swindoll - Page 9 EmptyToday at 10:27 pm by Admin

» AISH
Insight For Living~ Charles R Swindoll - Page 9 EmptyToday at 10:01 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Insight For Living~ Charles R Swindoll - Page 9 EmptyToday at 9:59 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Insight For Living~ Charles R Swindoll - Page 9 EmptyToday at 9:23 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
Insight For Living~ Charles R Swindoll - Page 9 EmptyToday at 9:09 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
Insight For Living~ Charles R Swindoll - Page 9 EmptyToday at 9:07 pm by Admin

» israelAM
Insight For Living~ Charles R Swindoll - Page 9 EmptyToday at 9:04 pm by Admin

» WHY DID GOD CREATE EVIL
Insight For Living~ Charles R Swindoll - Page 9 EmptyToday at 4:36 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Insight For Living~ Charles R Swindoll - Page 9 EmptyToday at 2:37 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Insight For Living~ Charles R Swindoll - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 11:38 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Insight For Living~ Charles R Swindoll - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 11:18 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Insight For Living~ Charles R Swindoll - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 9:54 pm by Admin

» Pressure from UN Threats
Insight For Living~ Charles R Swindoll - Page 9 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:45 pm by Admin

» Ship that obliterated Baltimore bridge
Insight For Living~ Charles R Swindoll - Page 9 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:44 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Insight For Living~ Charles R Swindoll - Page 9 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:08 pm by Admin

» Be Fervent in Spirit
Insight For Living~ Charles R Swindoll - Page 9 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 10:54 pm by Admin

» Remain in God - iBelieve Truth
Insight For Living~ Charles R Swindoll - Page 9 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 1:25 am by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Insight For Living~ Charles R Swindoll - Page 9 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 12:43 am by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Insight For Living~ Charles R Swindoll - Page 9 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 11:00 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Insight For Living~ Charles R Swindoll

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Insight For Living~ Charles R Swindoll - Page 9 Empty Re: Insight For Living~ Charles R Swindoll

Post  Admin Mon 02 Apr 2012, 6:54 pm

April 2, 2012
Some Common Misconceptions, Part 1
by Charles R. Swindoll

Read 2 Corinthians 4:4--7

Does it surprise you that being a servant of God is perilous?

To some folks, serving others sounds as safe and harmless as a poached egg on a plate. What could possibly be perilous about it? Plenty.

As we examine Paul's words in the fourth chapter of 2 Corinthians, I'd like to suggest several familiar misconceptions regarding servanthood. Read verses four through seven carefully:

The god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. For we do not preach ourselves but Christ Jesus as Lord, and ourselves as your bond-servants for Jesus' sake. For God, who said, "Light shall shine out of darkness," is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the surpassing greatness of the power will be of God and not from ourselves. (2 Corinthians 4:4--7)

Sounds like servants comprise an elite body of people, doesn't it? They possess a treasure. The "surpassing greatness" of God's power pours out of their lives. But when you look closely, you detect that all of that is of God, not themselves.

This introduces us to misconception number one: servants have special powers in themselves. How very easy it is to look at God's servants through rose-colored glasses! It's almost as if they possess a mystical, divine unction or some angelic "mantle" that causes them to ooze with supernatural, heaven-sent power. But this is wrong! Look at an earlier verse:

Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God. (2 Corinthians 3:5)

They have no special powers in themselves. Tomorrow, I'll offer a couple of more misconceptions.

But for now, mark it well: servants are absolutely human, filled with all the weaknesses and potential for failure that characterize every other human being.
Adapted from Charles R. Swindoll, Improving Your Serve: The Art of Unselfish Living (Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 1981), 138--39. Copyright © 1981 by Charles R. Swindoll, Inc. All rights reserved worldwide. Used by permission.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Insight For Living~ Charles R Swindoll - Page 9 Empty Re: Insight For Living~ Charles R Swindoll

Post  Admin Sat 31 Mar 2012, 2:04 pm

March 31, 2012
An Urgent Charge
by Charles R. Swindoll

Read 2 Timothy 4:1-16

Paul wrote with urgency, "I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by His appearing and His kingdom: preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction" (4:1-2). In other words, stick with the preaching plan God has promised to bless and use. Deliver the biblical goods! Be a man or woman of the Word!

Don't attempt to be so creative and cute that folks miss the truth. No need for meaningless and silly substitutes that entertain but rarely convict the lost and edify the saved. Teach the truth. Will you notice something here? This exhortation is not addressed to the hearer, it's for the speaker. The one who is to do this is the one proclaiming the message. Be ready to do it in season and out of season. Being ready implies being prepared both mentally and spiritually.

In essence, Paul says, "Don't be lazy. Do your homework. Don't stand up and start with an apology that you didn't quite have adequate time to prepare. That doesn't wash." And do so faithfully---when it's convenient and when it's not.

Sadly, in an alarming number of churches today, God's people are being told what they want to hear rather than what they need to hear. They are being fed warm milk, not solid meat. A watered-down gospel may attract large crowds (for a while), but it has no eternal impact. I've not been able to find any place in the Scriptures where God expresses the least bit of concern for drawing numbers. Satisfying the curious itching ears of our postmodern audiences is an exercise in futility.

The task of ministry is to deliver Truth. Frankly, I intend to continue doing just that, by God's grace, until the day He calls me home. And I think there is an ever-increasing number of believers who long for nourishing messages based on the Word of God, not human opinion.

The world urgently needs more Christians with the fervor and faith of Paul. Will you be one of them? Will you answer the charge? If so, there's no better time than now to begin.

Jesus said, "Go and make disciples of all nations . . . and I will be with you" (Matthew 28:19-20 NIV). There is no greater challenge and no more comforting promise. Believe it. Trust it. And by the grace of God, go do it!

Excerpted from Charles R. Swindoll, Great Days with the Great Lives (Nashville: W Publishing Group, 2005). Copyright © 2005 by Charles R. Swindoll, Inc. All rights reserved. Used by permission.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 30 Mar 2012, 8:08 pm

March 30, 2012
Anchor of Reality
by Charles R. Swindoll

Read Acts 27:39-44

All those going through a storm need to be engaged in the process. No one is promised a magical escape clause. Passivity is faith's enemy. It isn't an acceptable option to fold our arms and wait for the storm to pass.

It may mean some hard work. It may require humbling yourself before God and others. It might mean a season of counseling where a trained, compassionate individual helps you reorder your life. You may be required to admit several wrong actions and seek reconciliation as you make restitution. Whatever the case, you'll need to be involved. Reality mandates that type of mature response. It's part of throwing the anchor of reality and trusting God to bring you to shore.

The best plan for surviving a storm is preparation. No seasoned fishermen or responsible ship captain sets across the open sea without a thorough knowledge of the vessel's equipment and without making sure all is in proper working order. They rarely leave without having first spent sufficient time going over the navigation charts---studying the weather patterns and acquainting themselves with dangerous passages.

And they never leave port without anchors. That's for certain. No one wants to be shipwrecked. But the reality is, it happens, not only on the open sea, but also in life.

The secret of survival is what you do ahead of time in calmer waters. If your life is storm-free as you read this book, I urge you to take advantage of this peaceful lull. Spend time in God's Word. Study the inspired charts He has given you for the journey of life. Deepen your walk with Him through prayer and personal worship.

Then, when the inevitable winds of adversity begin to blow---and they most certainly will blow---you'll be ready to respond in faith, rather than fear. Don't wait. Check those anchors while it's smooth sailing. You'll be glad you did.

Excerpted from Charles R. Swindoll, Great Days with the Great Lives (Nashville: W Publishing Group, 2005). Copyright © 2005 by Charles R. Swindoll, Inc. All rights reserved. Used by permission.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 29 Mar 2012, 8:06 pm

March 29, 2012
Anchor of Renewal
by Charles R. Swindoll

Read Acts 27:33-38

Can you imagine fighting a storm for two weeks and getting virtually no nourishment? That's what the men on Paul's ship experienced. Even more amazing, that's how most people respond to life's storms. We run our tanks dry fighting the battles on our own, and we end up physically weak, emotionally drained, and unable to sleep. The anchor of renewal guards against that sort of anatomical depletion. Instead, Paul encouraged the men to eat and be renewed. But first he prayed. They all prayed!

Can you imagine that scene? The storm raged about them, while almost three hundred men bowed in prayer as Paul gave thanks for the meager fare, then everybody on board joined together in the meal.

Your personal nourishment is crucial during times of storm. In panic moments, you'll cut a corner on your meals. You'll also fail to get sufficient sleep. It won't be long before you will set aside prayer altogether and you'll find yourself drained, spiritually. Increased emotional pain mixed with decreased spiritual renewal can be lethal to your faith.

Spiritual renewal comes primarily through prayer. Few disciplines are of greater importance when all seems bleak. Simply talk it out. Wrestle with the reason for the storm. Seek His direction. Don't let up until you're satisfied you've got the Lord's mind. That's what Paul modeled on the deck of that rugged ship.

For some of the men on board, I'm confident it was the first time in their lives they had prayed. Certainly, it was the first time they had prayed to Almighty God! It may have been the only time in their lives they'd ever heard a prayer offered for a meal. In the middle of a howling wind-and-rain storm, they paused and witnessed a reverent, humble man offering a prayer of gratitude to the Lord God, Maker of heaven and earth, Captain of the winds and waves. That encouraged them. It was simple, but its impact was profound. Paul had shown them the anchor of renewal---a glimpse of hope.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 28 Mar 2012, 6:59 pm

March 28, 2012
Anchor of Unity
by Charles R. Swindoll

Read Acts 27:27-32

The scene breathed life-threatening fears. Imaginations ran wild. Paul knew that staying together was the secret to their survival. The temptation was strong to abandon ship and let each person fend for himself. That's no way to survive a storm. As the water grew shallower, fear of shipwreck intensified. But Paul warned that allowing the men to escape meant certain death.

The spiritual application is obvious. Our tendency in dire straits is to cut and run. It's easier at the moment to walk out of a troubled marriage than to face it and work toward restoration. Human nature wants to retreat to a place where each one of us can be all alone, lock the door, and pull the blinds. Alienated, we sink further into depression. Tragically some turn to alcohol, drugs, or worse, to a revolver.

If that in any way describes you, you need the support of family, friends, and especially God's people. It's easier to lower the dinghy and jump in all alone. I want to warn you against escaping. Instead, I urge you to stay with others aboard ship. Don't leap and try to make it on your own. Lock arms. Stay in touch with those who love you the most, who will be with you no matter what. You need the presence of God's people surrounding you when the bottom has dropped out of your life. Despite what you think, it's doubtful you can make it on your own. In our case, we had a few close friends of the ministry praying and a unified board encouraging us. Relocating was a challenging experience, but not a lonely one. You and I are designed by God to make it together. The anchor of unity holds us close.

You will need the anchor of unity many times in your life, just as Paul did. So hold on to unity!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 27 Mar 2012, 6:29 pm

March 27, 2012

Anchor of Stability
by Charles R. Swindoll

Read Acts 27:1-26

The anchor of stability holds firm when your navigation system fails. It's easy to lose your bearings in the storm. You can't find your way through the circumstances you face. Life rolls along fairly smoothly until suddenly the seas grow rough. Unseen problems occur. They were not in the forecast. In Luke's words, "All hope of our being saved" is abandoned.

Those are treacherous moments when we reach the point of abandoning hope. At that difficult, gut-wrenching moment, God says, "Don't be afraid, I have a plan."

People facing intense adversity find it difficult to focus on anything other than the towering waves and stinging winds. Paul firmly announces, "Be of good cheer . . . we've heard from the Lord that none will be lost."

We find stability in storms through what God has said. Your tendency will be to turn to another source for strength rather than the Word of God. Don't go there! The only anchor of stability that will hold you firm, no matter how intense the gale-force winds, is God's written Word.

All this reminds me of a statement made by one of the ancient Jewish prophets, which supports the reliability of God and His Word. The following words flow from the seasoned hand of Isaiah: "But now, thus says the LORD, your Creator, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Israel, 'Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine! When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they will not overflow you'" (Isaiah 43:1-2).

What encouraging words! "Do not fear, I have called you by name." What a great thought!

Isaiah was not writing of literal waters or actual rivers. His figure of speech emphasized encroaching circumstances that threatened the stability of one's faith. When the waters rise to dangerous depths, when difficulties reach maximum proportion, when your ship seems to be disintegrating board by board and starting to sink by life's inevitable storms, God is faithful. He promises, "I will be with you." He is your anchor.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 26 Mar 2012, 10:24 pm

March 26, 2012
Standing Tall in High Places
by Charles R. Swindoll

Read Acts 26:1-32

Recently, I read a stirring speech delivered by the late Mother Theresa at the 44th National Prayer Breakfast---a prestigious event that occurred while Bill Clinton served as President. In the course of her speech, delivered without pretense, the gracious nun from Calcutta spoke plainly and courageously about the evils of abortion and the devastation that dreadful lapse in morality continues to have on our already splintered culture. While she read from a carefully prepared manuscript, no one in the room moved a muscle. In fact, many of the well-dressed dignitaries smiled nervously, appearing cool and collected on their refined exteriors, but churning wildly within.

Like Paul, the frail figure of a woman spoke her words and exited the room as silently as she entered. As the ancient political officials had sat glaring at Paul, so the nobility of Washington sat silent, their consciences throbbing in their chests.

I'm convinced that many people, given the situations faced by some of the heroes we’ve mentioned, would rise to such heroic deeds. I believe you have the potential in you to stand against enemies of righteousness who defy the power of Almighty God, or to speak out boldly against blatant injustice and outright discrimination. I believe many who pick up this book would be willing to have been numbered among the brave rescue workers at the World Trade Center and the Pentagon or even among those who died thwarting another air disaster on the flight that crashed in Pennsylvania.

The challenge comes in those private, unguarded moments when you face opposition to truth---in the halls of the university, in a company board room, at the school PTA meeting, in the athletic director's office, or while seated on a plane. In those times, will you stand tall and speak the truth when a principle is at stake? Will you announce what you believe, graciously yet firmly?

You may never be summoned to stand before kings and queens or be invited to address the political elite or high-ranking military officers; but you will have your own opportunities to stand and deliver. As you determine in your heart to stand tall, God will lay those opportunities before you when you least expect it. You can count on it.

When He does, will you be ready?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 24 Mar 2012, 8:05 pm

March 24, 2012
Grace Leads You Home
by Charles R. Swindoll

Read Acts 24:1-9

Long before my mother died, she and a neighbor friend compiled a book of God's promises taken from the Scriptures. Each made her own. My mother used that little book as a primer for her prayers. After she died, my brother and sister and I viewed that tender compilation as part of her legacy to us. The book swelled with handwritten promises from the Bible.

She must have written out hundreds of promises drawn directly from the Bible. Promise after promise after promise. My name was connected to some of them. "For Charles, I claim this promise," she wrote on one of the pages. For Orville and Luci she claimed scores of others and recorded them in her book.

My friend, go back to the Book. Search for the promises God offers you in His Word. I suggest you start with the Psalms. Look for the promises there. They are myriad. Become familiar with them. Live in them. Walk with them. In some special cases, memorize them. Let them be your guide and comfort. Like Paul, you'll be able to withstand the fiercest storms of criticism when you stand firmly on the promises of God.

I don't know where you are or what you face today. It's quite possible you're living under the pressure of negative criticism. I know that's true if you're in the ministry. Somebody may be determined to "prove" things about you that you know are absolutely false. My advice is to learn from Paul: remain calm. Rest your case with your Lord. Take your battles to Him in prayer. With a clear conscience and committed to the truth, lay your case out before Him. Start there. And the Judge of all truth will guide you to your next step. Don't quit. Don't stop. Don't tell yourself that you really are the kind of person others say you are. If what is being said against you is not true, don't believe it. Count on the Lord to give you the strength and courage to stand on the truth. His grace has brought you safe this far, and it will be His grace that leads you home.

Trust me on that; even better, trust Him.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 23 Mar 2012, 9:16 pm

March 23, 2012
Straight Thinking
by Charles R. Swindoll

Read Acts 23:11-22
Have you ever felt the ground move under your feet? Do you know what it's like to pitch from side to side in a small boat on strong seas? Have you ever had to run for cover, dodge bullets, or duck out of the way of advancing troops? Remarkably, some people around the world could answer, Yes! to all three questions. Most of us only imagine such scenes.

Still, everyone sooner or later faces the reality of feeling as if life is spinning out of control. That may describe you today. Left unchecked, fear will run its course and paralyze you to the point of helplessness. If you're not careful, you'll spend your days wringing your hands and obsessing over your encroaching circumstances. That will cause you to focus on what might happen instead of what God has promised.

Not Paul. He understood something about the sovereignty of God. That clear understanding allowed him to think straight and remain calm in crisis. That kind of straight-thinking calmness is rooted in the promises of God's Word. Take, for example, the promise in Psalm 46: "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change and though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea; though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains quake at its swelling pride" (Psalm 46:1-3).

Like Paul, we need to learn to think straight, even if the foundations of the earth shift beneath our feet. That takes a heart willing to trust His Word, submit to His plan, then deliberately and consciously relax.

If He was able to stir up four hundred and seventy-two earthly bodyguards to get Paul from Jerusalem to Caesarea, safely and securely, He will have no trouble getting you from here to wherever He wants you to be, safely and securely. After all, how many angels are there?

And by the way, when you think straight about all this, you'll realize you only need one.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 22 Mar 2012, 6:44 pm

March 22, 2012
All in the Family
by Charles R. Swindoll

Read Acts 23:11-22

Not one assassin but forty of them! Forty determined terrorists, operating under cover of secrecy. All of them vowing, "We will not eat or drink until we've killed him." The plan was treacherous and set in motion by those who wanted him dead. What they hadn't counted on was an unlikely ally for Paul. His nephew had overheard everything and made tracks to warn his uncle.

Remarkably, Paul's nephew plays a major role in his survival. He is not mentioned by name, and we never hear of him again. Then how did he know about the ambush? Only God knows.

Meanwhile, the Roman commander was feeling relieved, proud of his wise handling of the situation. His musings were interrupted by a reluctant knock at the door. The news couldn't be good. One of his centurions reports that the young man with him has some important information about a conspiracy to kill Paul. The Roman commander wasn't about to let some scrappy band of fanatics spoil his plan to bring Paul safely to Rome. So he pulled out all the stops.

Uniformed, armed, and trained soldiers. Four hundred and seventy-two to forty rag-tag conspirators. Nice odds. Talk about overkill. The guy would not be outdone. He made sure no one could get to Paul. Remember God's promise? "You must witness at Rome." This is just part of that divine plan. It was as if God said, "I know what I am doing. I will escort you down to Caesarea by the Sea with full protection. You are in My hand." A massive official escort---that would work just fine.

What a comforting story. Despite the odds stacked against him, Paul was never removed from God's protective hand. And neither are you.

Are you feeling alone, mistreated, misunderstood, forsaken? Remember this true account. God is at work. He's there, working behind the scenes. He'll work it out. He has a plan. Just when you're convinced the bottom is about to drop out from under you, He steps in and lifts you to safety. For Paul, he used an unlikely and virtually anonymous ally, a nameless nephew who comes out of the shadows at precisely the right time. God's timing is always perfectly synchronized with His will. Remember that. And be comforted.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:33 pm

March 21, 2012
Stop and Surrender
by Charles R. Swindoll

Read Acts 18:1--17; 2 Corinthians 11:22--28

So much for Paul. How about you? Fast forward to the twenty-first century. Are you afflicted and burdened excessively? Do you feel as if you're under such intense pressure these days that you, too, are close to despair? I have some surprising news: you're exactly where God wants you to be. It took all these years to get you this low, this needy. Now, look up!

Are you feeling crushed and confused, misunderstood and beaten down? Resist the temptation to roll up your sleeves and muster a self-imposed recovery plan. This is your opportunity! Rather than fighting back, surrender. Embrace your weakness. Tell your heavenly Father that you are trusting in the strength of His power. If Paul could do it, so can you. So can I.

At this moment I am facing a few impossible situations. No doubt, so are you. To be honest, I'm too weak to handle any of them. So are you. I'm often near tears. I'm frequently discouraged. There's hardly a week that passes that I don't slump into a mild feeling of discouragement. Sound familiar? Admit it! Some nights I don't sleep well. There are times that I absolutely weep out of disappointment in some individual's failure . . . or my own. You too? You and I need to face the fact that we will never be able to handle any of these pressures alone. When we acknowledge this, and not until, His strength will be released in us.

Are you ready to face the next battle with a new strategy? Okay, start by surrendering. Instead of returning to your same-old method---doing a month of mental push-ups, talking yourself into looking strong and acting brave, putting on the gloves and stepping into the ring with swagger, relying on your own strength to win and succeed and impress. Stop and surrender. Drop to your knees and cry out to God. Admit your inadequacies, and declare your inability to keep going on your own.

If you're finally ready to step aside and let Him have His way, say so; then do it. He will honor your admission of weakness by showing Himself strong through you. But if you don't, He won't.

It's your call.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 20 Mar 2012, 10:17 pm

March 20, 2012
Genuine Humility
by Charles R. Swindoll

We'd rather admire Paul for his strength in trials. We want to applaud his fierce determination against vicious persecution. If the man were alive today, he would not tolerate our congratulations. "No, no, no. You don't understand. I'm not strong. The One who pours His power into me is strong. My strength comes from my weakness." That's no false modesty. Paul would tell us, "Strength comes from embracing weakness and boasting in that." It is that kind of response that brings divine strength and allows it to spring into action.

J. Oswald Sanders, in his book, Paul, the Leader, writes, "We form part of a generation that worships power---military, intellectual, economical, scientific. The concept of power is worked into the warp and woof of our daily living. Our entire world is divided into power blocs. Men everywhere are striving for power in various realms, often with questionable motivation."

The celebrated Scottish preacher, James Stewart, made a statement that is also challenging: "It is always upon human weakness and humiliation, not human strength and confidence, that God chooses to build His Kingdom; and that He can use us not merely in spite of our ordinariness and helplessness and disqualifying infirmities, but precisely because of them."

That's a thrilling discovery to make. It transforms our mental attitude toward our circumstances.

Let's pause long enough here to consider this principle in all seriousness. Your humiliations, your struggles, your battles, your weaknesses, your feelings of inadequacy, your helplessness, even your so-called "disqualifying" infirmities are precisely what make you effective. I would go further and say they represent the stuff of greatness. Once you are convinced of your own weakness and no longer trying to hide it, you embrace the power of Christ. Paul modeled that trait wonderfully, once he grasped the principle. His pride departed and in its place emerged a genuine humility that no amount of hardship could erase.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 19 Mar 2012, 6:14 pm

March 19, 2012
The Power of Weakness
by Charles R. Swindoll

Paul pressed ahead through a mind-boggling series of intense hardships. Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they descendants of Abraham? So am I. Are they ministers of Christ? I have more claim to this title than they. I have worked harder than any of them. I have served more prison sentences! I have been beaten times without number. I have faced death again and again. I have been beaten the regulation thirty-nine stripes by the Jews five times. I have been beaten with rods three times. I have been stoned once. I have been shipwrecked three times. I have been twenty-four hours in the open sea.

In my travels I have been in constant danger from rivers and floods, from bandits, from my own countrymen, and from pagans. I have faced danger in city streets, danger in the desert, danger on the high seas, danger among false Christians. I have known exhaustion, pain, long vigils, hunger and thirst, doing without meals, cold, and lack of clothing.

Apart from all external trials I have the daily burden of responsibility for all the churches.

On top of all that, the Lord gave him a thorn in the flesh. The Lord answered his desperate prayers to remove the thorn---whatever it may have been---in a most unexpected manner. The Lord simply answered, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness" (2 Corinthians 12:9).

Surprised? "You mean, I don't have to be super strong and endure each trial relying on my own resources?" It's not like that at all. In fact, the only way you qualify to receive His strength is when you admit your weakness, when you admit you're not capable and strong, when, like Paul, you're willing to boast in nothing but your weakness and God's power.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Mar 2012, 10:54 pm

March 17, 2012
Powerful Preaching
by Charles R. Swindoll

Read Acts 17:10--34

If you are responsible for communicating biblical truth, consider yourself a preacher (at least for the now)---you are a communicator of God's Word. If that describes you, these next four principles are especially for you. Pay close attention, read thoughtfully and carefully, as I apply this to whatever may be your ministry.

First, always stay on the subject---Christ. For Paul it was always about Christ. Though explaining the altar of the unknown God of Athens, everything for Paul pointed to Christ. Preaching that doesn't exalt Christ is empty preaching. Paul wrote to the Corinthian believers, "For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified" (1 Corinthians 2:2). For Paul, to live was Christ and to die was gain.

Second, always speak the truth without fear. Do not be overly impressed with those who have come to the class or who sit in the church where you serve. And it makes no difference how much they're worth or how little they contribute.

Third, always start where your audience is. Paul hooked those men in his first sentence. You can, too, if you spend some time thinking about it. Know your audience well enough to build a bridge quickly. Find a way to get into their world and then build a bridge to Christ. Remember: begin with the familiar in order to acquaint them with the unfamiliar.

Fourth, always surrender the results to God. Once they have heard the message, your part ends. Your task is to communicate truth. It's God's job to draw people to Himself. You prepare the patient; He does the surgery. They don't need manipulation. There's enough of that going on. You don't need to follow them out to their car or push them into a corner. God will reach them, just as He did in Athens. Leave the results to God.

When your heart is right, it's amazing what you're able to see. And when you see it clearly, it's remarkable how God can give you the words to say. You may be amazed how God uses you, just as He did Paul in that ancient metropolis so many years ago. When his moment arrived, he was ready.

When your moment comes, stand and deliver. God will give you courage as you tell others of His Son. There is no greater honor on earth.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:17 pm

March 16, 2012
Bringing It Home
by Charles R. Swindoll

Read Acts 17:1--9; 1 Thessalonians 2:1--6

What is it going to take to convince us that the last will be first and the first will be last? For some it will take a lifetime, for others only a few semesters in seminary.

Each May, at the end of the spring term at Dallas Seminary, we have the joy of listening to the school's top preachers. They're nominated and selected by pastoral-ministry professors. One year a talented young man preached on that pivotal passage in John 13 where Jesus washes His disciples' feet. After a compelling exposition of that simple text, the young senior class preacher leaned low into the microphone, looked across the faces in Chafer Chapel, and asked his fellow students, "Do you want to have a great ministry . . . or do you just want to be great?"

The packed chapel went silent. Nobody blinked. I'll never forget his question. None of us will. I hope he never does either.

In a single question he captured the crucial issue: greatness. Not as the world defines it. But greatness according to the standard of Almighty God. Great leaders are servants first. Like Paul . . . like his Master Jesus Christ.

This is for you, and this is for me. If you've never submitted fully to the Master, this is your moment. If you're still arrogant, you probably won't be struck down with blindness or find yourself shackled in a Roman prison. That was Paul's experience. But now that I have your attention, I suggest you take a good look within.

You do know how strong-willed and proud you are. So do the people you lead. You know how slow you are to encourage and how reluctant you are to affirm. They do too. You know if you're greedy. You know if you're self-serving. Frankly, it's time to give all that up. We're back to the crucial question: Do you want to have a great ministry, or do you just want to be great?

How you answer will determine how you lead.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 15 Mar 2012, 9:01 pm

March 15, 2012
Affirming Leaders
by Charles R. Swindoll

Read Acts 17:1--9; 1 Thessalonians 2:1--11

Good leaders are enthusiastically affirming. Again, Paul writes, "You are witnesses, and so is God, how devoutly and uprightly and blamelessly we behaved toward you believers; just as you know how we were exhorting and encouraging and imploring each one of you as a father would his own children" (1 Thess. 2:10--11). He started with a mother tenderly caring for her children. Now we see a father encouraging and exhorting his kids.

Ever sat on hard bleachers, in front of the father of the high school quarterback? He's his own cheer section. Why? He's a dad! The kid on the field's going, "Dad, come on, knock it off." But his old man's standing up there, yelling at top volume, loving very minute of it.

Perhaps you've longed for more affirmation from your father. Let's face it, encouragement goes a long way in preparing a child for life. No one should be getting more encouragement from us than our own children.

Pretty convicting stuff, isn't it?

What's true of our physical children is also true of God's children. Good leadership balances the tender nurturing of a mother with the loving affirmation of a father. Encouragement is like an oasis in the desert. It brings needed refreshment to weary individuals whose souls are parched from time spent in the desert of self-doubt. There's also the desert of failure when we've tried so hard to succeed and the desert of no progress when we so want something to happen but it doesn't. And there's the desert of family rejection, abuse, and a thousand other arid, barren landscapes of life.

In those desert experiences you long for an oasis where you're able to get a cool drink of water. Though it didn't come from your father, at last it comes from the affirming words of a leader, who, in speaking, dips his ladle deep in ice water, and as he pours it out, it cools your spirit and refreshes your soul.

Affirming leaders create loyal followers.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 14 Mar 2012, 8:03 pm

March 14, 2012
Affectionate Leaders
by Charles R. Swindoll

Good leaders have affection for people. Paul writes, "Having so fond an affection for you, we were well-pleased to impart to you not only the gospel of God . . ." (1 Thess. 2:8). Is that great, or what? Paul didn't shrink from sharing his emotions with his flock. That strong man, an apostle of Christ, looking back on the Thessalonians said, "Oh, what an affection I had for you. How dear you were to me." Those are affectionate words of intimacy.

To keep this simple and easy to remember, I want to suggest that affection for people can be demonstrated in two ways: small yet frequent acts of kindness and stated and written words of appreciation. Those you lead should have a few notes of appreciation and encouragement from you by now. They should be growing accustomed to your expressions of affection that include small yet frequent acts of kindness. No one is so important that he or she is above kindness. That aspect of leadership takes courage and a spirit confident in God's grace.

I came across a couplet that summarizes this point nicely:

Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand in stone.
Kindness in another's trouble. Courage in your own.

I'm grieved by strong leaders who consistently walk over people. We wonder how people like that make it into significant places of influence. Here's some free advice: If you don't enjoy people, please, do us all a favor, don't go into leadership. Choose another career stream. Everyone will be better off. Say no when you're offered an opportunity to lead.

Neither the world nor the ministry needs more bosses. Both need more leaders---servant-hearted souls to lead as Paul led, with sensitivity and affection toward others. Love and affection, when appropriately given, fills the gap when words alone fail to comfort. If people know you love and value them, they'll go to the wire for you. Paul told the Christians at Thessalonica that he loved them. They never got over it.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 13 Mar 2012, 9:57 pm

March 13, 2012
Sensitive Leaders
by Charles R. Swindoll

Good leaders are sensitive to the needs of others. Paul compared his ministry to a mother who tenderly cares for the needs of her children. I love that word picture. I watched my wife nursing our children when they were tiny, without giving one thought to her own needs. It has been my joy as well to witness my grown daughters caring for our grandchildren too. It's a precious sight to behold.

Watching my wife and daughters gently cradle their little ones close to their breasts, and lovingly providing for their needs, helps me understand what Paul meant by "gentleness." His ministry was marked by a gentle nurturing of the flock. Paul says, "I was like a mother nursing a child, in my manner among you."

If God has placed you in a leadership responsibility, I urge you to cultivate a spirit of gentleness. It is after all a fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:23). Your tenderness will work wonders in the lives under your care.

In the aftermath of the September 11 tragedy, the world watched in wonder as powerful leaders spent time tenderly listening to the gut-wrenching stories of rescue workers and grieving New Yorkers. Mayor Rudolph Giuliani impressed the world day after day standing before the people of that great city chronicling the grim progress reports from Ground Zero. He spoke softly and compassionately, sometimes with tears, as the gruesome figures stuck in his throat. Somehow he made it through each meeting. Holding back his tears seemed as futile as trying to recover victims from the ten-story mound of twisted Trade Center rubble. Americans needed to see gentle leaders weep.

So do Christians. Spiritual leaders need to be just as real, as gentle, as understanding, and as empathetic. You and I appreciate spiritual leaders who consistently reveal their human sides. Contrary to popular opinion, Paul, the strong-hearted, passionate, gritty leader was also known for his gentleness and grace.

Are you known for yours?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 12 Mar 2012, 5:43 pm

March 12, 2012

His Only Priority
by Charles R. Swindoll

Paul's style of leadership was neither aloof nor secretive. He lived among them. They knew his address. He talked to them. He didn't preach a sermon and then conveniently slip out the back door during the benediction. He remained approachable, accessible, and real. His life was an open book. Most would agree, that kind of leader is refreshing. They've got nothing to prove, no secrets to hide, no pretense or air of self-importance, never feeling compelled to remind you of their qualifications for the job. That was Paul. He was believable. John Stott writes,

Paul's ministry in Thessalonica had been public. It was exercised in the open before God and human beings for he had nothing whatever to hide. Happy are those Christian leaders today, who hate hypocrisy and love integrity, who have nothing to conceal or be ashamed of, who are well known for who and what they are, and who are able to appeal without fear to God and the public as their witnesses! We need more transparency and openness of this kind today.¹

A leader who lives his life in the open has nothing to guard or fear. But if he is always on the move, forever hiding behind locked doors and drawn blinds, the public has reason to suspect he's not genuine. Be careful about following a leader who is inaccessible and invulnerable.

Please remember, however, his ministry was no bed of roses. He literally limped into Thessalonica, his body bruised and tender from being beaten and imprisoned in Philippi. Thankfully, I've never had to endure such brutal persecution. Paul did. But here's the good news: it didn't impede his resolve. He writes, "After we had already suffered and been mistreated in Philippi, as you know, we had the boldness in our God to speak to you the gospel of God amid much opposition" (1 Thess. 2:2).

One of the secrets of the man's success can be stated in three words: he plodded on. He led the same way whether the winds were at his back or blowing hard against him. Opposition and hardship didn't matter. The only priority that mattered to Paul was that Christ was proclaimed. Every trail he blazed led others to the cross.

How do your personal priorities align with Paul's?

1. John R.W. Stott, The Gospel and the End of Time: The Message of 1 & 2 Thessalonians (Downers Grove, Ill.: InterVarsity Press, 1991), 47.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 10 Mar 2012, 7:15 pm

March 10, 2012

An Attitude of Strong Determination
by Charles R. Swindoll

Read Acts 16:16--40; Philippians 2:1--18

Paul commands believers to possess the attitude of strong determination. He confesses, "Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 3:13--14).

At a time when many people in his place would be looking back in regret, wondering what life would have been like in a different profession, Paul repudiates the past and looks with confidence to the future. His strong determination kept him focused on the ultimate goal---pleasing Christ all the way to the goal, even in his chains. It's the picture of a runner running for the tape at the end of the race, straining forward in strong determination. Paul said, "I'm not looking back. I'm stretching for the prize." True grit on display.

No rusty Roman chains could deter Paul from reaching for the goal of pursuing the prize of Christ. He pressed on, determined to remain focused on his mission.

I was reading to Cynthia from Sports Illustrated about a ninety-year-old basketball scout that still does work for the Detroit Pistons. That's right---the man is ninety years old! He still gets on a plane, checks those prospects out, and brings back a reliable report. I love it! He said he flew past sixty-two without even a thought of retirement. Strong determination.

I read somewhere, "We wonder at the anatomical perfection of a da Vinci painting. But we forget that Leonardo da Vinci on one occasion drew a thousand hands." Leonardo possessed that same strong determination Paul modeled in Rome. Thomas Edison came up with the modern light bulb after a thousand failed attempts. By the man's own admission, it was mainly strong determination that gave the incandescent light to the world, not an inventor's creative genius.

But we're not talking about college athletes or persistent, brilliant inventors. We're talking about being a determined servant of Christ. There's no easy route to spiritual maturity. It doesn't happen overnight. Remember, it's a grueling journey at times. So, don't bother to publish a pamphlet on all the obstacles you face. Don't become famous for complaining. The apostle says, "Forget the past; reach for the tape. Keep running." Develop and maintain an attitude of strong determination.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 09 Mar 2012, 6:43 pm

March 9, 2012

Learned Contentment
by Charles R. Swindoll

Read Acts 16:16--40; Philippians 2:1--18

Paul recommends an attitude of unselfish humility. Quite remarkably, you never read where Paul said to his Roman guard, "I need you to do me a favor. Next time you happen to be near one of the Emperor's assistants, urge him to get me out of this dump. I shouldn't be here in the first place. I've been here for one year, seven months, four days, five hours, and nine minutes, and that's long enough." Paul's attitude of unselfish humility prevented him from keeping meticulous records of the wrongs done to him in Rome, or anywhere else for that matter. He was there by divine appointment. He willingly submitted to his situation.

Christ modeled the great emptying-out principle that permeated Paul's remarkable life. If we want to learn contentment, developing an attitude of unselfish humility is the perfect place to begin. Start with family or neighbors. Model it before your employees or clients. You won't believe the impact that sort of selfless mental attitude will have on the people. You won't have to wave flags or pass out tracts. Just demonstrate an attitude of unselfish humility. The results will amaze you.

Paul exhorts believers to have an attitude of joyful acceptance. Paul minced no words about how believers should relate to one another. "Do all things without grumbling or disputing; so that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world" (Philippians 2:14--15).

Paul knew the stakes were high as the secular world scrutinized the fledgling first-century followers of Christ. For Christians to grumble and dispute over circumstances put the credibility of the gospel at risk. Therefore, he sought an attitude of joyful acceptance, free of petty disputes and bickering. He pled for authentic joy. Nothing is more contagious. Paul said, "Don't complain; be joyful!" That's the ticket. Joy attracts. Grumbling repels. A choice sense of humor is wonderfully appealing.

My mentor, Ray Stedman, used to say, "We live in a world of crooks and perverts. What an opportunity to be winsomely different!" I love that kind of attitude. Joyful acceptance lights up this dismal planet!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 08 Mar 2012, 6:32 pm

March 8, 2012
Secret to Contentment
by Charles R. Swindoll

Read Acts 16:16--40; Philippians 1:12--18

Paul is under house arrest in rented quarters; he refuses to focus on that. He is far from home, and his future is uncertain; he doesn't let that concern him. He is bound to a Roman guard every day; no problem. Because he has made Christ the object of his life, contentment has replaced frustration. He's taught himself to live above his circumstances. The benefits?

First, the progress of the gospel is accelerated; it's never delayed. In his letter to the Christians in Philippi, Paul passionately confesses, "I want you to know, brethren, that my circumstances have turned out for the greater progress of the gospel" (Philippians 1:12). Because of Paul's attitude regarding his predicament, his testimony spread like a firestorm through the ranks of the Roman guard. Systematically, God's Spirit leveled the towering pride of the Roman military.

Second, when you live above your circumstances, the edge of the message is sharpened; it's never dulled. Paul exclaimed that his chains had become the reason the entire palace guard had come under the hearing of the gospel. That was no insignificant statistic. By Paul's account, the message of Christ's love permeated the ranks of the imperial guard, which some scholars suggest were as many as nine thousand. Amazingly, the revival started with one Roman soldier chained to one man---but not just any man. That forced union became a springtide of grace to the whole Praetorian Guard.

There's a third benefit to living above your circumstances: the courage of others is strengthened, never weakened. Paul's unlikely converts were not sheepish about their newfound faith in Christ. I take it that they didn't hold back. Rather, they grew increasingly more courageous in their witness. I find that so exciting!

The secret to Paul's contentment did not emerge from a manual on how to live the Christian life or from a workshop on positive thinking. He didn't have access to a stack of self-help scrolls promising to shore up his sagging self-confidence. Paul's secret was not found in a program, but in a Person. Christ made the difference. He taught His servant to endure all situations, every circumstance, each difficult challenge, no matter how adverse, through His power. Paul released all rights to His Master and, in turn, He released all the strength Paul needed.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 07 Mar 2012, 9:50 pm

March 7, 2012
Despite Your Circumstances
by Charles R. Swindoll

Read Acts 16:16--40; Philippians 1:12

Few people in the first century had a deeper understanding of God's grace than the apostle Paul. Redeemed from a life of vicious brutality as a rigid legalistic Pharisee, the man turned the corner, repented, and through Christ's empowering became a gentle soul, gracious and affirming. Understanding. Forgiving. Approachable. He reached the place where he was willing not only to offer hope to the Gentiles, but to live among them, though he himself would bleed pure Jewish blood.

No one that I know endured the level of hardship Paul did as a good soldier of Christ. What makes him all-the-more amazing is this: Never once does he leave a hint of complaint over being chained to a burly Roman soldier or about the inconvenience of being confined to such cramped quarters. The man simply would not grumble. By God's grace, he lived above it all. I repeat, he had learned the secret of contentment.

The great temptation is to allow that to embitter you---to turn you into someone who lives under a dark cloud, where doom and gloom characterize your outlook. Life's hard. You live in a situation that resembles a house arrest. You feel chained to your past, unable to escape the restrictive circumstances. Maybe you've lived this way so long that negative thinking has become a habit. You can't imagine thinking any other way.

I've got wonderful news: There is hope beyond your circumstances. You can live above them. If a man named Paul could live above his unbelievably trying circumstances, so can you. But Christ must become your central focus. He, alone, can empower you and teach you to live above the duress of adversity. Your external circumstances may not change, but deep within, you will. As Christ is allowed first place in your thoughts, changes will occur. Those changes will be evident to your mate, your children, your friends, and your coworkers. Instead of seeing yourself as a victim, you will begin to realize a strength that is not your own. The result? You will make a difference because of the way you respond to the circumstances that once defeated you. To the people closest to you, your contentment despite your circumstances will be nothing short of heroic.

Cling to hope! Focus on Christ, despite your circumstances.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 06 Mar 2012, 10:16 pm

March 6, 2012
Traveling Well
by Charles R. Swindoll

Read Acts 16:11-15

Whether you are traveling as a missionary or in the midst of your personal profession, God would have you travel as Paul traveled. I observe four enduring principles that will help you maximize your effectiveness for Christ, wherever you may go.

1. When you travel, don't go alone. Stay close to at least one other person, ideally your mate. If not your mate, a family member. If not a family member, a close companion. But stay close. Think back. Call to mind those with whom Paul traveled. If at all possible, avoid traveling alone. If you're lonely, a companion is there to lift your spirits. If you get into trouble, a companion is there to help get you through. Two are better than one. Three are better than two.

2. When you travel, don't lose touch with home. Stay accountable. Paul's heart stayed close to home. While away, he stayed in touch. When he returned he gave his reports. When he was with his men, he willingly gave an account of his ministry. When he wrote the letters, he was often vulnerable.

3. When you travel, don't believe everything you hear. Someone has said, "An authority is anyone who's one hundred miles away from home." Because I'm fairly well known, when I travel, people show up thinking they're going to be impressed. If they were around me more, they'd know better. When you travel, occasionally you'll meet folks who will almost worship you. (It happened to Paul.) Don't let them. On the opposite extreme, others will reject and mistreat you. Don't be derailed by naysayers. A few may even conspire against you. Keep your eyes on the goal. Focus on the Lord, and none of that will get you down.

4. When you travel, don't become aloof. It's easy in the busyness of travel to become a wax figure. Untouchable. Picking up the "circuit lingo," the clichés of the road, and losing touch with reality. Resist that sort of superficiality. Stay available. Stay real. People need a real, authentic you. Not perfect, authentic.

By observing these four principles, you will maximize your impact for Christ and travel well.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 05 Mar 2012, 10:37 pm

March 5, 2012
The Ultimate Authority
by Charles R. Swindoll

Read Acts 16:1-10; 17:1-11

A man from Macedonia had said, "Come over and help us." God had in mind a seller of purple, an exploited slave girl, and a rugged, brutal Roman jailer. When you travel as God would have you travel, like Paul, you're sensitive to doors that open and at peace with doors that close.

Later, Paul appealed to Rome. Upon discovering he had tortured Roman citizens, the ruling magistrate shook with fear. Realizing he had illegally acted against these two men, the official begged Paul and Silas to leave Philippi to avoid further civil unrest.

The consummate church founder forged ahead, flanked by the faithful companionship of his co-workers. Next stop: Thessalonica. Paul, in keeping with his MO, returned to his preferred place to start, in the synagogue. Many believed, including a large number of Greek men and influential women. That was sufficient to stir jealousy among the Jewish leaders to the point that Paul and his team were forced to escape under the cloak of darkness (17:10).

From there, they entered Berea and again preached in the local synagogue. A more sophisticated crowd than the folks in Thessalonica, the Bereans' eagerness led them to examine "the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so" (17:11).

I can't pass up this opportunity to say what a fine example they were to emulate. No matter how gifted or charismatic or well-trained and experienced your Bible teacher or pastor may be, form the healthy habit of checking what is being said against the Scriptures.

Architects and construction people use precise measurement to ensure a precise result. They don't go by how they feel. Both carefully mark their work by inches and by feet. Not even seasoned builders rely on guesses and hunches. They stay with the standard. The Scriptures are your measuring tool for making sure the teaching you receive is straight and true. Keep comparing.

As you grow in your spiritual life, the triangles need to be congruent between what's being said and what has been written in the Bible. If you can't support it with the Scriptures, there's something missing in the teaching. Don't believe the teacher. If he or she contradicts the divine standard, you're building on sand. Stay with the Scriptures. They remain your ultimate authority for faith and life.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next