World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 26 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 25 Guests

Admin

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyToday at 1:48 am by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyToday at 1:44 am by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyToday at 1:32 am by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyToday at 1:32 am by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyToday at 12:59 am by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyToday at 12:28 am by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyToday at 12:17 am by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 10:42 pm by Admin

» Year of the Death of Jesus
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 10:27 pm by Admin

» AISH
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 10:01 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 9:59 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 9:23 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 9:07 pm by Admin

» israelAM
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 9:04 pm by Admin

» WHY DID GOD CREATE EVIL
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 4:36 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 2:37 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024, 11:18 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024, 9:54 pm by Admin

» Pressure from UN Threats
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:45 pm by Admin

» Ship that obliterated Baltimore bridge
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:44 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Daily Disciples

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Daily Disciples - Page 5 Empty Re: Daily Disciples

Post  Admin Wed 19 Feb 2014, 5:24 pm

February 18
Today's Reading: Leviticus 23; Mark 1:1-22
Today's Thoughts: What God Calls You
But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; 1 Peter 2:9
Have you ever thought of yourself as royalty? Most likely, you have not. We think of kings and princes as royalty, with luxuries and extravagances that far exceed our ways of life. But what is "holy" royalty? Have you ever thought of yourself as holy royalty?  Did you know that you are considered holy – special– chosenby God?  Look closely at the verse and you will see that the second word is "you." The Lord is speaking to you, personally. So often we tend to see ourselves in the negative. We may believe that Jesus saved us from our sins, but to believe that He sees us as royalty is much harder to accept. Today, Jesus wants you to know and believe the truth of this verse. You are His own special person. He chose you; He loves you; and He calls you His royal priest. Jesus called you out of darkness so you can live in His marvelous light.
If we could only truly grasp how much Jesus loves us! While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us (Romans 5:8). When God looks at us, He sees His Son, Jesus. Because we are covered in the blood of Christ, we are holy and blameless (Philippians 2:15) before God. What are we to do in return? We are to proclaim the praises of God. We should be singing God's praises from the rooftops, giving glory and honor to His unfailing love and unending mercies. Despite being in the midst of a crooked world, He has set us apart to glorify Him.
Take time today to thank the Lord for choosing you as His own and for calling you out of the darkness. Spend time worshiping and praising Him for His goodness. The Lord has clothed you in royalty and righteousness. Look up, see His glory and believe with all of your heart that He has a plan and a purpose for your life. (Jeremiah 29:11) Proclaim your praises of Him to others and let your light shine so that others may see.
Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.
Daily Disciples Ministries, Inc. 

February 19
Today's Reading: Leviticus 25; Mark 1:23-45
Today's Thoughts: Relationship Wins Over Religion
Therefore, as through one man's offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man's righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life. For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man's obedience many will be made righteous. Romans 7:18-19
When we begin a new Bible study, regardless of the book or topic being taught, we always do an overview that explains why we are sinners and why we desperately need a Savior. We usually start in Genesis Chapters one through three and discuss what happened in the Garden when man fell and sin entered the human race. After Genesis Chapter three, the rest of the Bible tells us about Jesus, our salvation through Him, and our reconciliation with our Heavenly Father. Our only hope for eternal life with our Lord in heaven rests solely on our faith in His Son Jesus Christ. 
We do not teach about a religion but about a relationship with Jesus. Jesus came and died for us so that we could have a relationship with Him, regardless of the sin that exists within us. One of the hardest struggles for Christians is resting in the work that Jesus has already done for us. Once we believe in Jesus, truly receive Him into our hearts, then, we are filled with His Holy Spirit and sealed for the day of redemption. (Ephesians 1:13; 4:30) The seal cannot be broken. But so often, we live as if we still have something to prove to God. So many of us are still trying to work out our salvation in our own strength. We are trying so hard to please God that we are not letting His Holy Spirit truly fill us each day. Tension and stress hurt us in more ways than just physically or emotionally. Any relationship filled with stress and strife will ultimately be in danger of falling apart. The same is true of our relationship with Jesus. He will never leave nor forsake us (Hebrews 13:5), but we pull away from Him, by leaving and forsaking His presence. 
Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 18 Feb 2014, 12:02 am

February 17
Today's Reading: Leviticus 21; Matthew 28
Today's Thoughts: What Spiritual Temperature are You?
Iknow your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. Revelation 3:15-16
In my house, temperature can be a “hot” topic. In the winter, the thermostat can never be too hot for me, but my husband loves to sleep in the cold. I like foods taken straight out of the fridge but he likes them steaming hot out of the oven. One extreme or the other tends to dominate in several areas in our home, but how extreme am I when it comes to the things of the Lord? What is my spiritual temperature? How many areas of my life am I content with just being lukewarm, especially when it comes to living for Jesus?
We as Christians are often afraid to live at the extremes. We are uncomfortable standing out and speaking out too much. We rationalize our positions by saying that we do not want to offend anyone or come across as too zealous in our faith. We even justify sinful behaviors by telling ourselves that if we blend in with the crowd, then we can be a more effective witness. Where did these ideas really come from? Are they from the Lord? Not according to Revelation 3:16. Jesus says He will “vomit” us out of His mouth if we are lukewarm. He wants us to pick a position; we are either cold or hot, for Him or against Him. We either take up our cross and follow Him with our whole hearts or we follow our own desires. To live in the gray areas is unacceptable, regardless of our human rationalizations.
Where are you today? Do you have a lukewarm relationship with Jesus? I fear greatly for many people who sit in church every Sunday proclaiming to know Jesus but having no evidence of Him in their lives. Many of us look righteous on the outside but are numb on the inside. Our churches are filled with complacent Christians who are quite content to live in the gray areas, not wanting to get too uncomfortable. Will Jesus say “well done good and faithful servant” (Matthew 25:23)? Or will He say “I never knew you; depart from Me” (Matthew 7:23)?  Ask the Lord to light a fire in your heart today that will set a blaze in any area of your life that has become lukewarm and complacent. Life here on earth is but for a moment, but eternity is forever. 
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 17 Feb 2014, 11:50 pm

February 17
Today's Reading: Leviticus 21; Matthew 28
Today's Thoughts: What Spiritual Temperature are You?
Iknow your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. Revelation 3:15-16
In my house, temperature can be a “hot” topic. In the winter, the thermostat can never be too hot for me, but my husband loves to sleep in the cold. I like foods taken straight out of the fridge but he likes them steaming hot out of the oven. One extreme or the other tends to dominate in several areas in our home, but how extreme am I when it comes to the things of the Lord? What is my spiritual temperature? How many areas of my life am I content with just being lukewarm, especially when it comes to living for Jesus?
We as Christians are often afraid to live at the extremes. We are uncomfortable standing out and speaking out too much. We rationalize our positions by saying that we do not want to offend anyone or come across as too zealous in our faith. We even justify sinful behaviors by telling ourselves that if we blend in with the crowd, then we can be a more effective witness. Where did these ideas really come from? Are they from the Lord? Not according to Revelation 3:16. Jesus says He will “vomit” us out of His mouth if we are lukewarm. He wants us to pick a position; we are either cold or hot, for Him or against Him. We either take up our cross and follow Him with our whole hearts or we follow our own desires. To live in the gray areas is unacceptable, regardless of our human rationalizations.
Where are you today? Do you have a lukewarm relationship with Jesus? I fear greatly for many people who sit in church every Sunday proclaiming to know Jesus but having no evidence of Him in their lives. Many of us look righteous on the outside but are numb on the inside. Our churches are filled with complacent Christians who are quite content to live in the gray areas, not wanting to get too uncomfortable. Will Jesus say “well done good and faithful servant” (Matthew 25:23)? Or will He say “I never knew you; depart from Me” (Matthew 7:23)?  Ask the Lord to light a fire in your heart today that will set a blaze in any area of your life that has become lukewarm and complacent. Life here on earth is but for a moment, but eternity is forever. 
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 16 Feb 2014, 9:54 pm

February 16
Today's Reading: Leviticus 19; Matthew 27:51-66
Today's Thoughts: An Idol in Your Life?  
Do not turn to idols, nor make for yourselves molded gods: I am the Lord your God. Leviticus 19:4
When we think of idols, most of us do not think of worshiping some molded statue. Today, some religions do bow down to gods with the image of a man, woman or creature, but certainly not Christians. We know that an idol is anything that we prioritize over God, not necessarily a literal man-made god that we worship. But then again, we do have the “Oscars.” Each year Hollywood gives out these little gold statues to its most honored artists. The evening gowns, the jewelry and the parties are also a big part of this night of awards and acclamations. However, it is not just for those who attend the event and are nominated for the golden honor…it seems that many of us get caught up in the excitement as well.
As Christians, what are our responsibilities in supporting or not supporting this industry?  How much should we care about the movies and about these little golden statues? For some, it is harmless entertainment. For others, it is a continuing sign of moral decay in our society. Where are the lines for us as Christians? The answers to these questions are based upon a personal conviction for each one of us. If we somehow are choosing these idols over our Lord, then maybe we should really pray about our level of interest.
The bigger issue is that God warned His people to turn from their idols and false gods because He knew where it would lead them…to destruction. The same is true for us today. When we focus on things outside of Jesus, our focus is marred with images that are not healthy. No greater place breeds false images than Hollywood. Think about your level of interest. If you feel a nudge in your spirit, ask the Lord to show you areas that need refocusing. We must also remember that our minds tend to replay images over and over in our minds, so be careful of the content in those images. If you find yourself thinking on things of the world too much, ask the Lord to change your focus.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 15 Feb 2014, 3:22 pm

February 14
Today’s Reading: Leviticus 15; Matthew 27:1-26
Today's Thoughts: As Christ Loves Us
And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13
Valentine’s Day is celebrated as a day to express love and most notably, romantic love. The history of Valentine's Day, along with the saint for whom it is named, is shrouded in mystery. Both Christian and ancient Roman traditions make up its origins, but the exact details of what happened to St. Valentine are uncertain.  What is certain is that through a series of events dating back to the middle ages, February 14 became the date to commemorate Valentine’s Day. Roses and chocolates will be sold at exorbitant prices and in massive quantities, all in hopes to express our love in that special way. What is the most special way to express our love?
The thirteenth chapter of First Corinthians is known as the lovechapter of the Bible. The apostle Paul writes about true love, what it is and what it is not. It “suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;” (verse 4). It “does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;” (verse 5). Paul puts it very simply in verse 8, “Love never fails.” Flowers fade and candies melt, but true love never fades, never dies, never fails. The most special way to express our love is to practice these qualities Paul speaks of as we learn to love beyond ourselves. 
Romantic love is a wonderful feeling and being in love is truly a gift from God. Those feelings of heightened joy and excitement seem to make everything else less significant.  But today, let’s ask the Lord to help us love beyond the feelings of the gifts and the favors. Let’s pray that we can love as Christ loves us and that we can express that love in ways that bless those around us more than anything else we can give. Why not make today a day to take love more seriously than you ever have before? Pray that love becomes the motivation for all that you do. Enjoy the flowers and candies and candlelight dinners, but remember to keep love in your heart, not just in the festivities.

February 15
Today's Reading: Leviticus 17; Matthew 27:27-50
Today’s Thoughts: Refined and Tested
This third I will bring into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, “They are my people, and they will say, The LORD is our God.”   Zechariah 13:9
I read a verse like this and ask the Lord, “Why do the ones that you choose and love need to be refined and tested?” In some strange way, I look at love so much differently.
It is not natural in the flesh to look at my children and think that I willingly plan to discipline them. I often succumb to discipline when their actions are not socially acceptable, and it embarrasses me. I really want to believe that they don't need me to discipline them and that they'll grow out of their stage. I want to believe that I can show love by having the self control to not discipline them and patiently wait for them to grow up.  This is what my flesh wants to believe, that this is absloutely wrong because Gos is perfect love and He does not think that way.  So, I need to align myself up with Him: both as a parent and as a child of God.
God says in this verse that He brings His own people into the fire. It is in the fire that we are refined like silver and tested like gold. If He is comparing us to precious metals, then we have to assume that the fire is pretty hot! The Lord does this for our good. He wants us to call on His name and know that He will answer because we are His people. His people have to be trained, disciplined, tested and refined to think His thoughts and to live in His ways. Because our flesh is so strong, we resist His work and end up turning from the Lord or blaming Him. We accuse Him of not being loving or caring. We wonder why He isn’t answering our prayers or rescuing us from those hot circumstances, without realizing that He is the One who has placed us there.
God loves you. He is all powerful and can absolutely rescue you but He cares more about you than you can care about yourself. He needs you to change to be more like Him. Unfortunately that takes time in the fire. Trust Him because this is only for a season. For when you are trained, you will produce a harvest of righteousness and a deep peace knowing that He is your God.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 13 Feb 2014, 3:09 pm

February 12
Today's Reading: Leviticus 13; Matthew 26:26-50
Today's Thoughts: Seek His Promises
"And blessed is he who keeps from stumbling over Me."-  Matthew 11:6
While teaching on Joshua 1, I realized that God clearly told Joshua that He fulfills His promises. God even clearly restates what those promises entailed. However, today, many people do not know how to get promises from God. And even if God is speaking to them, many Christians do not know how to wait it out, and so they fail to watch God work it out to completion. As a result, many Christians stumble over Jesus and the way He works in our lives. But that is not God’s intention as He desires to speak to us and reveal to us things that are to come.
My mom came over today and I asked her how she would teach someone to get promises from God. Immediately, she started giving me illustrations of when God gave her promises. So, I asked her again, “But how did you learn to get a promise from God?” She used another illustration of a promise God gave her to try to speak in the generalities of teaching someone else. I was thankful for the discussion because I had also realized that it is very difficult to come up with a “basic formula” in receiving a promise from God.
God’s Word is filled with promises He gave in the past which can be applied to my present circumstances. I can give a very simple way of how I get a promise from God. First, I start by praying to Him about a burden while asking for His will to be done in it. It is not God’s will for me to be stressed out and unsettled, so I start reading the Word, looking for a passage that addresses what I am praying about. If a verse pops out, I will start meditating over it, asking God about it and looking up the cross references for it. I know that it is a promise from God if it addresses the burden on my heart in future terms while giving me a present day peace. I also know that it is a promise and not a command if I can’t do anything to fulfill it by myself. God wants me to trust and have faith and He will accomplish the rest.
Today, try to read segments in the book of Isaiah. God has given me so many promises in that book. Keep seeking the Lord’s will until He gives you a verse. Then trust Him. He is more than able to address and accomplish all that concerns you today and every day!
February 13
Today's Reading: Leviticus 14; Matthew 26:51-75
Today's Thoughts: You are Not Alone
For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:15-16
Have you ever poured your heart out to someone but felt worse afterwards because you knew that no matter how hard you tried to express your feelings, they just did not understand? True understanding and empathy come when the person you are sharing a personal problem with has lived through the same type of situation. Several years ago my dad died of a heart attack, suddenly and without warning, and the shock was painfully tough for our family. But comfort came from those who experienced similar traumas, including my two half-sisters whose dad had died a few months earlier. Their dad died the same way, and they were dealing with the same type of pain. Through the pain and suffering a close bond was formed between us as our hearts were drawn to each other, and even to this day, we share a relationship like sisters who have suffered together.
When I think of the sufferings that Christ endured here on earth, I am comforted that He understands my sufferings. No one was more rejected, ridiculed, misunderstood, and alone than Jesus. Even though He was fully God, He was also fully man. Jesus dealt with the same emotions and temptations in his flesh just as we do, yet He was without sin. But Jesus never focused on His own pain; His concern and compassion was for the people. Even when His friend Lazarus died, Jesus cried. He understood the pain that Lazarus’ sisters were feeling and He knows today the pain that we feel. For me, I try to remember these things in my weakest moments, and I know that I am not alone.
Are you hurting today? Maybe you feel as though no one really understands or even cares. Jesus says to “come boldly to the throne of grace” and there you will find help in your time of need. Come boldly today and seize the mercy and grace that is freely given by Jesus. His sufferings were for just this reason, so that we can all pour out our hearts to the One who truly understands and the only One who can truly help us. Go to Jesus today. He loves you, He understands you, and He will help you. 
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 11 Feb 2014, 11:32 pm

February 11
Today's Reading: Leviticus 11; Matthew 26:1-25
Today's Thoughts: Extraordinary Prayer
"God heeded the voice of man" Joshua 10:14 
There are numerous scriptures and stories throughout the Bible that encourage us to pray. Prayer is so important in our lives as Christians, yet it often gets reduced to either 911-type cries for help or routine words that we are accustomed to praying. In the case of Joshua and the battle with the Amorites, he asked the Lord for a miracle of major proportions. Joshua dared to ask God that the sun would not set until their enemies were defeated. Not only did God answer Joshua's prayer but verse 14 further states that "there has been no day like that, before it or after it, that the Lord heeded the voice of a man; for the Lord fought for Israel." The Lord listened and responded to the voice of man.
Does God heed the voice of man today? James 5:16 says that the effective fervent prayers of a righteous man avails much. Jesus tells us to ask, seek and knock and that whatever we ask in His name will be given. The key to answered prayers, however, is in praying God's will. Because we have the Holy Spirit and the Word of God, we can know how to pray God's will for our lives (I should add "better know" because there are still times when we all struggle to truly understand how to pray the will of God.) But regardless of what we know or how we pray, the point is that we need to pray to the Lord for everything. We should not hold back from asking the Lord for anything we want. It is up to Him to decide if or how He answers.
This day in Joshua's life was extraordinary to say the least. God gave him extra daylight time to completely destroy the five kings who had fled from him. God not only answered Joshua's prayer, but He divinely intervened in this battle Himself. When God has a plan, no one can thwart or hinder what He is going to do. Sometimes we need to pray just for peace in the situation we are in, knowing that the Lord will have His way no matter what we do or do not do. God kept His promises to Joshua and the Israelites and He demonstrated His faithfulness to them in amazing ways.
Is this the same God in our lives today? Absolutely! Do not stop praying and do not allow the enemy to hinder your faith in your prayers. The Lord may not extend our days by keeping the sun from setting, but there are miracles that He does perform in our lives that hold just as much impact. Has God given you promises? Believe in faith that He will fulfill them in your life, maybe not in your timing or by your methods, but in His. He is the same God today as He was to Joshua. Are you expecting the same of Him?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 10 Feb 2014, 10:39 pm

February 10
Today's Reading: Leviticus 8; Matthew 25:31-46
Today's Thoughts: Not Alone
Then the rib which the Lord God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man. And Adam said: "This is now bone of my bones And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man." Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. - Genesis 2:22-24
When God put Adam in the Garden of Eden, He gave him everything he needed. Adam was in charge of the plants and the animals. He would never get hungry or thirsty. He never had to worry about bad weather or shelter from the elements. Best of all, Adam had a personal relationship with God, one can only imagine how wonderful that must have been. But even with all of his needs being met, God knew that Adam was alone. None of the animals served as a comparable mate, even though Adam knew them and named them. God loved Adam so much that He made a mate just for him – a woman.
In society today, there is much debate about the roles of man and woman, especially related to marriage issues. There are those who disagree with the biblical account of what God intended in creating man and woman and why He put them together in the first place. We get hung up on the concepts, duties and rights of marriage to the point that the true meaning of it is lost. The most basic element of marriage is companionship, to never have to be alone. God's heart for us is that we never feel alone. Whether married or not, we need friends and relationships that encourage and edify us. Loneliness can be debilitating and depressing to the point of death.
Where are you today? Most of us are living in the Garden, where our basic needs are met, but what about true companionship? If you are lonely and feeling isolated, start praying to the Lord for His help. The enemy will keep you isolated as long as he can. Take the steps to get involved in a Bible study with small groups and fellowship opportunities. Volunteer and get involved to help others. In helping others, you also help yourself. You never know what God has in store for you. One thing you can be sure of – He does not want you to be alone.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 09 Feb 2014, 11:58 pm

February 9
Today's Reading: Leviticus 6; Matthew 25:1-30
Today's Thoughts: To Seek Him Face to Face
So I said: "Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips, And I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; For my eyes have seen the King, The LORD of hosts." - Isaiah 6:5
As Christians, our desire is to be with Jesus. Personally, I would love to see Him face-to-face. I would talk to Him about my heart's desires and goals, and even if He didn't respond, I would love to read His facial expressions. To be in the presence of the Lord seems like the best thing imaginable. Isaiah did not have to imagine it; however, because he experienced it. Of course, his experience is more accurate than my imagination. Isaiah did see the Lord, but Isaiah did not talk about himself or go over his prayer requests in God's presence. Isaiah was confronted with his sin. Isaiah was also aware of the sins of the people and the inadequacy all of us face in the presence of the Lord. Isaiah realized that we are all undone, unworthy and unclean. We have no way of changing these things for we live in a midst of people and within a world of sinfulness. Seeing the Lord brings forth a holy fear that we are nothing and we deserve nothing.
It is amazing to me that Isaiah brings attention to his unclean lips (instead of his eyes having seen the Lord). The angel had a treatment for his unclean lips, touched by a coal from God's altar. With that process, Isaiah's iniquity was taken away and his sin purged. Why his lips and not his heart or his eyes? If you think about what Jesus taught, the lips make sense in the spiritual realm. Jesus said that out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks (Luke 6:45). Isaiah's lips represent his heart. Isaiah would respond to the call of God, but in order to go and speak for God, his heart needed to be touched.
This same process starts with our eyes being opened to our unworthiness as we come before the presence of God. Then, we will realize that our heart needs to be cleansed so we can represent Him with the words of our lips. This is a continual process. It is easy to be swayed away and think we are being used by God because of our works of righteousness. It is not about us. We need to be about Jesus. Today, ask Him to send you. Respond to His call. But first, set your eyes on the Lord's majesty, awesomeness and purity. Understand that you are not worthy to be used but He has made a way to wash you through the blood of Christ so that you can speak for Him from a cleansed heart. All you have to say is, "Here am I! Send me."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 08 Feb 2014, 11:32 pm

February 8
Today's Reading: Leviticus 4; Matthew 24:29-51
Today's Thoughts: The Power of Unity
1 Now the whole earth had one language and one speech. 4 And they said, "Come, let us build ourselves a city, and a tower whose top is in the heavens; let us make a name for ourselves, lest we be scattered abroad over the face of the whole earth." 5 But the Lord came down to see the city and the tower which the sons of men had built. 6 And the Lord said, "Indeed the people are one and they all have one language, and this is what they begin to do; now nothing that they propose to do will be withheld from them. Genesis 11:1, 4-6
The tower of Babel is a familiar story in the Old Testament. After the flood, Noah and his sons were fruitful and multiplied, populating the "whole earth." The people had one major commonality: they all spoke the same language. In the course of time, many of them moved into the same region and decided to build a city together. This city would have a tall tower, one so spectacular that they would be well-known for creating such an awesome sight. Their intentions concerned the Lord as He looked upon what they were doing. Once again, man was heading in a direction of self-serving, self-loving ambition that would only lead them farther away from God. God intervened and confused their speech. No one understood each other anymore, hence Babel means confusion. The tower of Babel represented the place where the people's language was no longer of one accord. God scattered the people abroad, with only those who understood each other staying together and multiplying.
Though this story is quite familiar, as I read through it again, I noticed something very interesting. In verse 6, the Lord recognizes that the people have a unity of such power that "nothing that they propose to do will be withheld from them." The NIV Bible uses the phrase "nothing will be impossible" for them. Even though these people were in sin, their unified focus gave them an extraordinary ability to achieve the impossible. How much more can we achieve if we work together as the body of Christ? The apostle Paul tells us that gifts were given individually to those in the body of Christ to work together as one for the whole body of Christ.
As Christians, we need to recognize our power in being unified together. When we stand together for a common purpose, surely nothing can stop us. Unfortunately, we too often stand alone. Pray about getting involved in your church ministries. How can you join forces with the body of Christ to help achieve certain goals? The only thing that usually stops us is fear. But don't worry, instead of God coming down to confuse our language, He will come down to help us better understand each other through His Word.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 08 Feb 2014, 12:09 am

February 7
Today’s Reading: Leviticus 1; Matthew 24:1-28
Today's Thoughts: In Order
The sons of Aaron the priest shall put fire on the altar, and lay the wood in order on the fire. Leviticus 1:7
I was reading a few weeks ago about Abraham preparing the altar for Isaac. Abraham had laid the wood in orderon the altar before placing Isaac on it. The more I looked at the words “in order” the more I wondered why the wood had to be laid in a specific manner. How could wood be distinguished in such a way as to know if it was “in order” or not? The Lord brought to my mind the other ways that He established His order for things. In Exodus 28:10, the names of the tribes of Israel were placed on the breastplate of the ephod in order of their birth. In Exodus chapter 40, Moses places the articles of the tabernacle in the order as God had instructed him. Even the showbread was placed “in order” on the table “as the Lord had commanded Moses.” (Exodus 40:23) We see God’s purpose for order in many places in Scripture.
Our God is a God of order and He takes it very seriously. Isaiah, the prophet, told King Hezekiah "Thus says the Lord: 'Set your house in order, for you shall die, and not live.' (2 Kings 20:1) Hezekiah was not going to die because his house was not in order, but because he had a sickness unto death. The Lord wanted his house in order before he died. This priority of order is also seen in the New Testament as Paul would tell the Corinthians to “let all things be done decently and in order.” (1 Corinthians 14:40) He was referring to how the gifts were being used in the church as relating to the conduct of the people.
Is your house in order today? Did you know that is an important part of our walk with the Lord? When our houses are in order, we have more peace and contentment than when they are in disarray. As women, we set the tone for the home and are accountable before the Lord for how we honor and obey Him in our responsibilities. Are you struggling with disorder? Ask the Lord to reveal ways you can improve things that are out of order in your life. If God wants wood to be put in order, how much more does He want our homes and days in order? We just need to start asking Him to show us how. We need to be willing to give Him the first fruits of our days and let Him lead us in the rest of it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 06 Feb 2014, 11:40 pm

February 6
Today's Reading: Exodus 39; Matthew 23:23-39
Today's Thoughts:  Working Weary or Working With the Lord?
Thus Moses did; according to all that the Lord had commanded him, so he did. And he raised up the court all around the tabernacle and the altar, and hung up the screen of the court gate. So Moses finished the work. - Exodus 40:16, 33           
Have you felt overwhelmed by too much work? Many times, we are overloaded with overbooked calendars and too little time to do the things we have to do, not to mention the things we would like to do. Most of us are always busy trying to complete the tasks or jobs for the day. Our society is works-based in every way imaginable. The eighties were a decade that made longer workdays the in-thing. Forty-hour weeks were considered short in comparison to the more popular sixty to eighty-hour weeks. Stay-at-home moms had to get busier too. Today, with advances in technology and a “faster is better” mentality, doing more is a must. Even our kids are obliged to participate in extra-extracurricular activities, thinking they are necessary for higher education opportunities. As a result, many of us are worn out, stressed out, and burned out from so much work.
In studying the construction of the tabernacle and its articles, we do not read of any overwhelming or stressful problems. The Lord commanded Moses who commanded the people to do all that the Lord had spoken. Simply put, Moses did what the Lord commanded and finished the work. What are we to learn from this story? The work that Moses did was given to him by the Lord. Moses followed the instructions to the exact detail, nothing added, nothing omitted. The Lord gave the gifts that were needed to do all of the designs and the Lord had already provided the required materials. The building of the tabernacle is a beautiful example of a perfect union between God and man. And the results were nothing short of miraculous.
Think for a moment about the work you are doing today. Did the Lord instruct you to do these things? Has God given you the tools and talents to carry out the work? Are you working in unison with God, following His instructions and doing all that He says? The things we choose to do outside of the Lord's plans for us will lead to fatigue, frustration and futility in our efforts. We get so busy just being busy that many of us do not stop to include the Lord in our activities.
Have you spent time with the Lord today? Is He part of your "work" day? Maybe there is a tabernacle project in your life and God wants to do something miraculous through you. Pray that today is the day you let God take over all of your work. Get together with Him and see what happens.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 05 Feb 2014, 9:12 pm

February 3
Today's Reading: Exodus 31; Matthew 22:1-22
Today’s Thoughts: You Are Called by Name
Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying: "See, I have called by name Bezalel… And I have filled him with the Spirit of God, in wisdom, in understanding, in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship. And I, indeed I, have appointed with him Aholiab… and I have put wisdom in the hearts of all who are gifted artisans, that they may make all that I have commanded you” Exodus 31:1-6
Do you know that the Lord has called you by name and that He has a specific purpose for your life? Do you know that not only has He called you but also that He has filled you with His Holy Spirit who will teach you all things? (1 John 2:27) Even if you answer “yes” to these questions, you may not fully grasp the meaning, most of us probably do not. The two men named in the above verses were appointed and anointed by God to complete a specific task to design and construct  the tabernacle. Ordinary men performed an extraordinary and supernatural task. We also have the indwelling Spirit of God who wants to guide us in performing extraordinary and supernatural tasks. But, how?
We first must believe that God’s Word is true, without exception or compromise. He has promised us His Holy Spirit to be our Helper and Teacher (John 14:26) and further says that we are sealed with this promise (Ephesians 1:13). Throughout the Book of Acts several accounts are mentioned regarding the infilling of the Holy Spirit. When we accept Jesus into our hearts, He enters in and lives within us through His Spirit. But the first step is to believe.
As we claim this promise as truth, we need to start asking for the same kinds of gifts as given to the two men in Exodus chapter 31.  We should pray for wisdom, knowledge and understanding so that in all things we are seeking to do God’s will and to fulfill His purpose. Paul says in Ephesians 4:1 “to walk worthy of the calling in which you were called” and the only way we can truly know our calling is to seek a spiritual wisdom and understanding that only comes from God. Through His Holy Spirit, He will teach us and lead us to perform and complete the tasks He has chosen for us.
To summarize, if you have received Jesus Christ as your Savior, then you are filled with His Holy Spirit. But to truly live out your calling, you must believe in faith in what His word teaches and pray for the spiritual wisdom, knowledge and understanding to apply His guidance to your life. Bezalel and Aholiab were ordinary guys called for a supernatural purpose. They received, they believed and they performed. Start praying today for the Lord to train you to yield more to His Spirit and to teach you with His wisdom how to walk worthy of your calling. 

February 4
Today's Reading: Exodus 34; Matthew 22:23-46
Today's Thoughts: Go to the Lord First
He also hired a hundred thousand fighting men from Israel for a hundred talents of silver. But a man of God came to him and said, "O king, these troops from Israel must not march with you, for the LORD is not with Israel-not with any of the people of Ephraim. Even if you go and fight courageously in battle, God will overthrow you before the enemy, for God has the power to help or to overthrow." Amaziah asked the man of God, "But what about the hundred talents I paid for these Israelite troops?" The man of God replied, "The LORD can give you much more than that." - 2 Chronicles 25:6-9
Amaziah was king of Judah and though he did what was right in the eyes of the Lord, he did not follow the Lord wholeheartedly. One day Amaziah decided to muster his army, so he took count all of his able-bodied fighting men. Thinking he needed more troops, he hired another hundred thousand fighting men from Israel. Now at this time, the kingdoms of Judah and Israel were divided, each with their own kings. The Lord was with Judah because of His covenant with David but the Lord was not with Israel, especially as their kings were evil, wicked and against the Lord. So, the Lord sent a prophet, "a man of God," to speak with Amaziah about sending the men from Israel back home. Even though Amaziah did as the man of God instructed, his first concern was about the money that he had already spent. The response from the man of God should speak to our hearts even today; "The LORD can give you much more than that."
Sometimes we fail (or forget) to realize that our God is in charge and has ownership of all things, even all the money of the world. We can get so caught up in making things balance out that we think we do not need to depend on the Lord. Many of us hate to waste money or waste things of value. We try to be good stewards. We try to make the right decisions. But, sometimes we act before we pray and we make decisions that may not be God's will for us.
The best course in making decisions is to take them all to the Lord first. But if you find yourself in a place of looking backwards (as we all do at times), then ask the Lord to work it out and even to replace what was lost. You will be amazed to watch how God works through our situations, even our mistakes, and He can replace what was lost in the process. Do not bear the burden alone—take it to the Lord. He loves to rescue. The rest of the story of Amaziah? He went into battle after sending the hundred thousand troops home and the Lord delivered him the victory. He will give us the victory when we seek His help in all things.

February 5
Today's Reading: Exodus 36; Matthew 23:1-22
Today's Thoughts: Know, Believe and Understand
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
I remember the time that I stood up in Sunday School class and quoted John 3:16 by memory. My voice cracked and my knees knocked as I nervously recited the words of this verse. To this day it remains one of my life verses, not only for this life, but also for my eternal one as well. The love of God has given me the assurance of everlasting life because I believe in His Son and what He did on the cross. I know He loves me.
More than once we have had people come up to us after one of our teachings and share with us that they have finally believed that God truly loves them. Many people who have known the Lord for years and have served Him in faithful works do not fully understand or believe that God loves them unconditionally. The world is seeking to find true love, but in all the wrong places. True love can only be found in the One who created us, our Heavenly Father. For God so loved the world...and yet so many refuse to believe.
I pray today that you will know the love of God. It is His will for us to "know, believe and understand" who He is. (Isaiah 43:10) If you are struggling with knowing the love of God, ask Him to show you and to help you believe and understand who He is and who He wants to be in your life. Do not waste another day wondering...seek out the truth.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 02 Feb 2014, 8:20 pm

February 1
Today's Reading:  Exodus 27; Matthew 21
Today's Thoughts: Just Ask
So Jesus answered and said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' it will be done. And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." Matthew 21:21-22
My sister called the other day complaining about her boss at work. She began telling me about the problems she was having on her job and how they were beginning to disrupt her home life. How many of us can relate to this? After listening to her stories, I realized that the root of the problem stemmed from a breakdown in communication between my sister and her boss. As the picture came into focus, I realized that my sister had issues (wants, needs, desires) that needed addressing. However, she was not telling all of this to her boss. In other words, she somehow expected her boss to know and understand what she needed. I told her that maybe she should tell her boss what her issues were and ask for help. Sounds easy enough, but for some reason we just do not know how to ask for the things we want or how to discuss the problems we are having in certain situations.
What about our prayer lives? Do we ask the Lord for the desires of our hearts? Do we honestly tell the Lord our problems, even when they involve Him? Today's verses clearly instruct us on how to pray. We are to have faith and not doubt. We must come to the Lord in prayer and truly believe in our hearts that He hears us and will answer us. The faith to move mountains is amazing faith and is available to all of us, if we believe. Try not to get hung up on how to pray, what to pray and praying God's will. Just go to the Lord and ask, believe, and receive. Even though God already knows our hearts' desires, we need to ask Him for them because it increases our faith and blesses us in the process. Remember this: the Lord will answer as He sees best. That is why faith is so important in our prayers. We must trust in God's final answer, regardless of what we think. If our prayers are continuing without ceasing, alongside His Word, and from our honest hearts, then His answers will be received in our hearts of faith.

February 2
Today's Reading: Exodus 29; Matthew 21:23-46
Today's Thoughts: Growing Up
When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 1 Cor. 13:11
When we first come to Christ, we are like babies. We crawl, then we wobble and stumble until we finally start to walk. Once we learn to walk, we want to walk faster, farther and without hindrances. Then we realize that the only way to go is upward, aiming for heaven. We do not want to move sideways any longer, but straight up. So we look up and try to figure out how to move up with the same pace… farther, faster, and without hindrances.
But God does not desire for us to move up as of yet. In John 17:15, Jesus prayed, “I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one.” Being taken out of the world would be to move up and to get out of here. That is the natural desire of our heart when we really come to know Jesus. We just want to be with Him and we just want to see Him and please Him. Wouldn’t it be great if the moment we met the Lord on earth, He brought us up to heaven? We would accept Him in faith on earth but immediately see Him face-to-face in heaven. But…that was not His will nor His prayer for us. His desire is that we learn to advance from crawling to walking. His desire is that we walk by faith. Walking by faith does not come naturally. The believer’s stages of development are not easy but necessary. The Lord wants us to become mature, healthy, spirit-filled believers able to continue the work He began. Growing up is difficult because it always involves discipline. We are not born physically or spiritually knowing what is right and wrong. Many times we need to learn through trial and error. God is patient and loving to guide us and love us through those hard times of discipline. So, the Lord’s plan for us is not to move upbut to grow up.
Pray about it:Oh Lord, thank You for being my Lord. You love me so much to help me through every stage of growth and maturity. Remind me that You are always on my side, guiding me and directing me to the next stage for my own good. Mature me so that You may use me. I love You Lord. Let my life reflect my love for You.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 31 Jan 2014, 9:59 pm

January 31
Today's Reading: Exodus 25; Matthew 20:17-34
Today’s Thoughts: Awake out of Sleep
And [do] this, knowing the time, that now [it is] high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation [is] nearer than when we [first] believed. - Romans 13:11
We are living in perilous times as Christians. Our freedoms are being threatened in more ways than any of us can fully grasp. The enemy is roaming about, seeking whom he may devour, and we are definitely his targets. But, his schemes are not always so blatant and clearly discerned. The greatest threat to us from the enemy is allowing ourselves to become complacent and operating on auto-pilot. We lose our passions to witness, our urgency for the lost to be saved, and even our first love, as Jesus talks about in Revelation chapter 3. But, it is not too late to wake up.
Today, our salvation is nearer than we first believed. Today is a day closer to the return of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Today could be the last day for us here on earth. Do we live with such a sense of urgency? Or, do we act as they did in the days of Noah? Noah preached for over 100 years as he built the ark. He warned the people of the day that was coming, a day of total destruction. But, the people did not listen and they carried on with their lives, even up until the rain started to fall and the door of the ark was shut. At what point did they wake up? It was too late. Let us not wait until it is too late. Let us look to the Lord today and ask Him to stir us like never before and to give us a sense of urgency and passion.
Let’s pray this prayer together: Heavenly Father, I confess that I have allowed complacency into my life as a Christian. I have allowed life’s comforts a place of priority, even over helping others. I know that I need to be awakened and stirred to see things through Your eyes and to have Your heart in these last days. Please fill me with Your Spirit this day and jolt my heart with a new awareness of the reality of these days I am living in. Please, Lord, make the rest of my days here on earth count for the kingdom of God. In Jesus name, Amen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 30 Jan 2014, 10:29 pm

January 30
Today's Reading: Exodus 23; Matthew 20:1-16
Today's Thoughts: Little by Little
Little by little I will drive them out from before you, until you have increased, and you inherit the land. - Exodus 23:30
In Chapter 23, God grants the Israelites various promises, including utterly overthrowing and completely cutting off their enemies. The Lord further states that He will bless their bread and water and take their sicknesses away. With the Lord on their side, the Israelites cannot lose.  But in verse 30, the Lord says that He will fulfill His promises by driving out their enemies little by little. Why? Why doesn't God just wipe their enemies out like He did the Egyptians as they entered the Red Sea? What benefit is there to do it little by little?
Exodus 23:29 says "I will not drive them out from before you in one year, lest the land become desolate and the beast of the field become too numerous for you." In other words, a place of instant abundance and blessings would be harmful for the Israelites. Blessings are not true blessings unless they come when we are able to handle them. Think of areas in your life that you would love to see the Lord work in you today. Maybe you need deliverance from sin that seems to have trapped you or maybe it is your finances. The list can go on and on. God wants to deliver you and bless you, but He will only give you what you can handle. God knows what is best for us. Even the blessings can become curses if we do not have the wisdom, maturity and honesty to handle them.
The Lord's timing is never too late nor too slow. He is patient and kind, assessing the whole situation, so that when He fulfills His promises in you, you will be able to receive them in peace. We want the quick fix or the instant gratification. We want the immediate and the miraculous. However, God's ways are not our ways and He desires to give us a future life in His promises. Little by little, complete victory will be yours by having faith and patience day by day.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 29 Jan 2014, 7:46 pm

January 27
Today's Reading: Exodus 16; Matthew 18:1-20
Today's Thoughts: Be Set Apart
But know that the Lord has set apart for Himself him who is godly; The Lord will hear when I call to Him. - Psalm 4:3
Do you know that you are set apart by God and for God?  We are sanctified, set apart and made holy, because the Lord has set us apart from the ungodly. This sanctification starts to take place when we accept Jesus Christ as our Savior and are redeemed by His blood. It is a lifelong process and God’s work within our life. We live in the world but are not to be of the world—we are to be set apart. Jesus prayed in John 17:17 that we would be sanctified by the truth, the Word of God. The Word of truth sets us apart from the world when we live by it and make it our daily bread. Even though as people we are all different and set apart from each other for various reasons, we are chosen by God to be set apart for Him. And sanctification is a process God uses to set us more and more apart from the world as we walk with Him daily. 
Are you living a life set apart and made holy – sanctified – by the Word of God? Did you know that the Lord has set you apart for Himself? Take time today and look up verses on being set apart and sanctified. We need to take this calling very seriously and learn what a sanctified life really looks like. Pray that the Lord will guide you and that His Holy Spirit will teach you how to live a life set apart from this world, even though you live in this world. 

January 28
Today's Reading: Exodus 19:1-22; Matthew 18:21-35
Today's Thoughts: Patience
Therefore be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, waiting patiently for it until it receives the early and latter rain. - James 5:7
I always cringe just a little (if not a lot) when I see the words "be patient." Not long ago we spoke at an event that had an interesting theme. The theme for this event embraced the honey "bee" and even the decorations had some kind of bee on it. There were stuffed animal-type bees, candy bees, and even flower corsages that a bee would love to buzz around. You get my drift. When we sat down at a table, there was a bee placed in front of each glass. The bee had a saying on it. Mine said "be kind." The one next to me said "be patient." I was so glad I got the "be kind" bee. Then, out of the blue, we were asked to move over one place and there it was—"be patient" staring back at me. I knew I was in trouble.
Since then I have had to wait on many things. Traffic seems extremely slow, far more than normal. This morning, we got stuck in a parking lot that was being paved and literally could not get out of it. We were running late for a meeting. And then, I went to the eye doctor. At five minutes past the hour, I heard him coming. Yea, he is right on schedule! Then, an emergency phone call came from nowhere. I waited 45 minutes. I sat in a semi-dark room and had a talk with God. He told me to be kind to everyone in that office and to keep waiting patiently. As I left, the doctor shook my hand, gave me a discount on the office visit, the receptionist gave me some free stuff, and another girl expressed to me that it had been a very long day for them. She sincerely thanked me for being "patient." I smiled, they smiled and I am pretty sure God smiled too.
When you get that little message and know in your spirit that you are being tested on something, like patience, stop and pray. The Lord had to remind me of the fruit that He wanted to bear through me – not about me, but about Him. Be alert to those things that God wants to do through you today. Stop and pray and let the Lord be your guide. You never know how it will turn out to bless someone else.

January 29
Today's Reading: Exodus 21; Matthew 19
Today's Thoughts: Faith, or seeking a sign?
But He sighed deeply in His spirit, and said, "Why does this generation seek a sign? Assuredly, I say to you, no sign shall be given to this generation." - Mark 8:12
There are four gospels that describe the life of Jesus, from His birth to His death. Even though these accounts were written by different men at different times, many of their stories are literally identical in the details. Even though each gospel is unique in its own way, many of the miracles and events are shared throughout them. How is this possible? Have any of us ever told the same story the exact same way the second time? And anyone who tells the story next would no doubt make changes to it. The only way this is possible is through the Holy Spirit of God. Paul tells us in 2 Timothy 3:16 that “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God.” Yet many people still refuse to believe that the Bible is completely inerrant and perfect in its every detail.
One of the miracles told in all four gospels is how Jesus fed the people with a few fish and some loaves of bread. On one occasion He fed five thousand people and on another, He fed four thousand, having leftovers each time. In Mark chapter eight, the religious people are the ones questioning Jesus, asking Him for a “sign.” After all that Jesus had done in this miracle alone, the people still did not believe in Him. What other sign could He possibly give them? Jesus performed miracle after miracle for the three years of His ministry, in full view of everybody looking. He even foretold of His death, which happened just as was prophesied, but many would still not believe. I am sure the Lord sighs deeply even now, in those times when He shows Himself so clearly to someone, yet they refuse to believe Him. They want more proof.
There is a reason that Hebrews 11:6 states that faith is the only way to please God. The Lord knows how hard it is for us to really believe in Him and His promises. Look up and see all that Jesus is doing in your life right now. Do you trust Him or are you still seeking a sign from Him for more proof? If you are struggling in your faith, ask the Lord to increase your faith. So often in life, we get so far down the road before we realize what God did for us a long time before. If only we could realize His signs when He is working in our lives and praise Him for His faithfulness to us. Are you seeking a sign today? Seek Jesus first and you may just notice all kinds of signs that you have been missing.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 27 Jan 2014, 12:18 am

January 26
Today's Reading: Exodus 14; Matthew 17
Today's Thoughts: Move Mountains
So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. - Matthew 17:20
The word "faith" has numerous definitions and interpretations. From the intellectual to the philosophical to the spiritual, I found myself back at square one trying to understand its meaning to my personal life. If "faith as a mustard seed” can move a mountain, then I want more faith. Can it be that easy? After reading pages of explanations, I seem to make it more complicated, which in turn, dampens my faith. What happens when we really search for true faith?
Paul says in Romans 10 verse 17 that "faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." It makes sense then that our search for faith must start in God's Word. It is interesting to note that Paul uses the word "hearing" instead of reading. When we read, study and meditate on God's Word, then we begin to hear it, as it penetrates our hearts and minds. To grow in faith, we must grow in the knowledge of God's Word. When we put the Word in our minds every day, we hear it in our thoughts all day long. Another component of faith is found in James Chapter One. James says that our faith will be tested. If we ask for things without having the faith to believe in the answer, then we will deal with doubt and unbelief. James Chapter 5 verse 15 says that "the prayer of faith will save the sick." So, once again we come back to the Word and prayer as being the key components to our growing in faith.
Do you want to move mountains in your life and see God do the impossible? All you need is faith. Sounds easy enough – but is it? For me personally, I have learned that being in God's Word every day puts me in a place of hearing Him more clearly about things on my heart and in my prayers. I find the strength to step out in faith, even when I have nothing tangible to cling to. I have a confidence that is not based on what I know or what has been proven to me. And, every time that I have acted or stepped out in faith, I have seen God do amazing works. Not once have I been disappointed in the Lord; He has always been faithful. I have been disappointed in myself, but not when I have the foundation of Scripture and prayer to guide me in faith. Make it a priority of your day to not only read the Word but also to hear it all day long. Let it guide your prayers and lead your steps. At that point, you just might see those mountains begin to move.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 26 Jan 2014, 1:16 am

January 24
Today's Reading: Exodus 9; Matthew 15:21-39
Today's Thoughts: Listen to What You Hear
Give ear and hear my voice, Listen and hear my speech. - Isaiah 28:23
Have you ever thought about the difference between hearing and listening? Did you know there was a difference? To "listen" means that we are paying attention to the sound, thoughtful and considerate attention to the sound. To "hear" refers to perceiving something with our ears, kind of like seeing with our ears. In life today there are literally thousands of noises a day that compete for our attention. There are so many different of noises and sounds that most of us do not pay attention to most of them. The television can be on, the phone ringing, and everyone in my house talking at once and I can still tune most of it out. It is not that I am not hearing the noise, but I am not listening to it.
God gave us ears to hear the beauty of sound and He gave us the ability to listen so that the sound can be understood. When both hearing and listening work together, we have an understanding of the purpose of the sound. You can hear music but not listen to the words. When both music and lyrics are understood, the beauty and meaning of the whole song is revealed to you. You can hear the words of a person speaking to you, but if you truly listen to the person, you will better understand their heart and the meaning behind their words. The same principle holds true with God's Word. We can hear the Word preached, taught and read. We can read the Word ourselves and hear our own voices speak it. But, when we really listen to God's Word, then our understanding begins to change. So many times, people leave church after having heard a sermon and not remember anything about it. When we are listening and giving consideration to what we are hearing, we will leave thinking about what we just heard. The next step is to start talking back to God, asking Him to open up more of our understanding.
Take time today and think about how much you hear versus how much you listen. How much are you missing of what God has for you? Is He talking to you but you are not paying attention? Take your Bible and read today's chapter in Isaiah. Instead of just reading the words and hearing them in your head, pray the Holy Spirit will give you the power to listen and to understand the message God has for you. When the Word of God truly becomes His voice in your life, then your hearing and listening will open up a new world of understanding for you. Your life will change. But it all begins with understanding the difference between hearing and listening—start listening to God today.
January 25
Today's Reading: Exodus 12; Matthew 16
Today's Thoughts: Who Do You Say That I Am?
He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" Simon Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." Jesus answered and said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. - Matthew 16:15-18
Who do you say Jesus is? Many of us would agree with Peter that He is the Christ, the Son of the living God. But do we know what that looks like in our daily lives?
Even though Jesus was Peter's friend and teacher, Peter was very aware that the religious leaders did not believe that Jesus was the promised Messiah. Despite all the miracles, Jesus did not come as the Jewish people envisioned. Jesus seemed to purposely perform miracles and teach things that bothered others and contradicted their lifestyle. People had conflicting views on who Jesus was. However, when Peter was asked who Jesus was, his answer was firm and Jesus rewarded Peter’s words.
There are difficulties and conflicts in our lives today that do not reflect the Holy God, in whom we believe. Those things are placed in our lives as tests to examine what we will declare about Jesus. Can you say that despite the hardships, conflicts, struggles and stresses in your life, Jesus is your Christ, the Son of the living God? Does Jesus impact your life daily, making a difference in the way you think, feel and what you say? If your faith is wavering in belief, ask the Lord to reveal to you who Jesus is, just as He did with Peter. People and circumstances will change with seasons and times of life; but when all is said and done, we want our faith and convictions to be as solid as rocks so that the gates of Hades shall not prevail against us.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 23 Jan 2014, 10:37 pm

January 23
Today's Reading: Exodus 7; Matthew 15:1-20
Today's Thoughts: Called to a Purpose
"I will make a distinction [a] between my people and your people. This miraculous sign will occur tomorrow." - Exodus 8:23
Have you ever found yourself in a situation wondering how you got there? You feel as if you just woke up to find yourself in a strange place. Or maybe you feel like you are in the midst of a bad dream wishing you could wake up and start over. I wonder if Moses felt this way right after his first visit to Pharaoh.
Moses had already told the Lord more than once that he was not equipped for this job. Who is he to demand Pharaoh to let these people go?  He is slow in speech, has a slow tongue, and by the way, he is 80 years old. Maybe God should choose someone else, someone younger and more qualified. So, God gives Moses a helper – his older brother Aaron. Now there are two old men set apart as the deliverers of Israel. Sometimes I really think the Lord has a sense of humor.
Moses did not need any help outside of God, nor do we. But God is gracious enough to give us those things that bring physical and emotional comfort. But even with support, at times we all feel a little, if not a lot, overwhelmed with our circumstances. Paul says in 2 Corinthians 12:9 that His grace is sufficient because His strength is made perfect in our weakness. God gets the glory when He works for us and through us in situations that are impossible to us.
As Moses and Aaron walked away from their first meeting with Pharaoh, they must have felt a host of emotions: fear, doubt and confusion to name a few. Even though Moses had spoken personally to the Lord God Almighty and knew that he was carrying out God’s commands, how hard the situation must have been for him. We tend to read these accounts in the Bible and think that these people were more special or had some extra power from God. But in reality, these people are discussed in the Bible to demonstrate to us that the Lord uses people just as they are, not just back then, but today as well.
We need to understand that as believers we are all called for a purpose that was long ago determined by God. The Bible tells us that God knows all things, from the beginning to the end, and is in control over everything that happens. But we must also realize that God’s ways are not our ways and that His thoughts are not our thoughts (Isaiah 55:8-9). Instead of saying to God, “Who, me? Why me, Lord?” remember Moses and pray that you can be as humble, faithful and obedient as he was. If He has called you to a task, He will give you the strength to endure to the end.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 22 Jan 2014, 6:10 pm

January 21
Today's Reading: Exodus 1; Matthew 14:1-21
Today's Thoughts: To Fear the Lord
But the midwives feared God, and did not do as the king of Egypt commanded them, but saved the male children alive… Therefore God dealt well with the midwives, and the people multiplied and grew very mighty.  And so it was, because the midwives feared God that He provided households for them. -  Exodus 1:17, 20-21
We all know what it means to have fear. We struggle with the fear of failure, the fear of being alone, and the fear of rejection. These fears bring insecurity and slant our judgment. How can we differentiate between the fears of this life and the fear of the Lord? What is the difference? The term to “fear the Lord” means to “revere or to stand in awe of.” We tend to fear the things that we see and touch, not a God who is invisible. So, we pay more respect to the things of this world than to the Lord who is in control of all these things in the first place.  We have choices that we make every day. Are we trying to please people or are we trying to please the Lord?
From Exodus, we see how the midwives are excellent examples of making the right choice. They were given a direct order from their king, the ruler of all Egypt. These women should have had “the fear of the king” because on earth he was the position of authority. He could command whatever he wanted and had the power to kill those who were disobedient. However, these women chose to “fear the Lord” even though they knew they could be killed. They saw something in the Hebrew people that indicated the existence of a higher authority than Pharaoh. They realized that the Hebrew God is the one true God, in control of life and death. They chose to fear and honor the Lord, even if it meant their own death. 
Sometimes we think that by trying to please people, we are pleasing the Lord. As Christians, are we not suppose to lay down our rights and become servants to all?  This is true only when we first lay down our rights to God. We can only begin to understand this concept as we learn what it means to fear the Lord.  He has given us His word to teach us. You may be put in a difficult situation in your home, in your work, or at school. Maybe your husband, or boss or principal has made a decision that goes against your convictions. What are you going to do? Who are you going to live in fear of, man or God? The greatest thing about living in the fear of the Lord is that He will help you. It is not your responsibility to change their decisions but to express your convictions. By choosing to fear Him, He will lead you, guide you and love you through the fearful times. Depend on Him; fear Him. For when all of life is said and done, we all stand before God one day. And there is no doubt whose side we will choose then.

January 22
Today's Reading: Exodus 4; Matthew 14:22-36
Today's Thoughts: All That You Need
Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? - Matthew 6:26
For some reason, my home has been chosen as the nesting place of several families of birds, particularly under the eaves of our house. I have never seen so many birds' nests lodged right above our windows and doors. As I walked out my back door the other day, I looked up at a bird nest just as the momma bird was flying away. The next thing I saw were three little bird mouths opened wide and waiting for their next meal. I was reminded of what Jesus said in Matthew 6:26 in that the birds do not have to worry about their next meal because our heavenly Father feeds them.
Jesus then says to us: "Are you not of more value than they?" I must admit I have spent many days worrying about earthly needs. I have wasted precious time trying to figure out how to provide for the things I need, or my family needs, or the needs of someone else in my life. I was even tempted to somehow try and provide for those baby birds. Even as I stood there looking at their little mouths crying out for food, I knew the Lord was cautioning me not to get involved. To interrupt their nest could be a death sentence for them, not a rescue. I realized that when I try so hard to intervene in what God is trying to do in my own life, I often end up causing more harm than good.  I just need to trust Him and get out of His way. He will take care of all of my needs. We should act only when we know it is God moving us to act!
Take time and thank the Lord today for taking care of your needs. He already knows everything you want and need. Just as those baby birds are completely taken care of (even being sent to my welcoming house), our heavenly Father is taking care of us too. We are more valuable to the Lord than all of the birds of the air put together. If He cares for them, He will absolutely care for us!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 20 Jan 2014, 7:53 pm

January 19
Today's Reading: Genesis 46; Matthew 13:1-30
Today's Thoughts: God’s Ways
Oh, that my ways were steadfast in obeying your decrees! Then I would not be put to shame when I consider all your commands. - Psalms 119:5-6
This psalmist dealt with the same issues of guilt that we have today. When we consider all that God requires, His standard is too high. How is one to follow His ways when God's ways are perfect and we are not? Like the psalmist, we cry out, "Oh, I wish my ways were consistent in following and obeying You. Then I would feel better about myself."
The problem with thinking this way is that God wants us to be thankful for His provision and not think of ourselves any higher than we ought. Jesus provides us with all that we need for life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3). It is because of Jesus that we can have a relationship with the Father. When our shortcomings turn our focus to ourselves, we have guilt and condemnation. When our eyes are focused on Jesus, despite our shortcomings, we are thankful to Him. God wants us thankful. He already knows our shortcomings and knows the extent of our ability to sin, but He saved us anyway. And He loves us anyway.
Lately, everywhere I turn in the Bible, I am seeing that God desires a sacrifice of praise and thanksgiving. He wants me to sing to Him in gratitude for all He has done and is doing. The word sacrifice reminds us that giving Him thanks and praise is not easy when we are feeling guilty, angry, frustrated, depressed or miserable. But by praising Him during those times, it releases our faith to look to Him instead of to ourselves. 
January 20
Today's Reading: GGenesis 49; Matthew 13:31-58
Today's Thoughts: God means for Good
When Joseph's brothers saw that their father was dead, they said, "Perhaps Joseph will hate us, and may actually repay us for all the evil which we did to him." So they sent messengers to Joseph, saying, "Before your father died he commanded, saying,  'Thus you shall say to Joseph: "I beg you, please forgive the trespass of your brothers and their sin; for they did evil to you." ' Now, please, forgive the trespass of the servants of the God of your father." And Joseph wept when they spoke to him.  Then his brothers also went and fell down before his face, and they said, "Behold, we are your servants." Joseph said to them, "Do not be afraid, for am I in the place of God?  But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people alive.  Now therefore, do not be afraid; I will provide for you and your little ones." And he comforted them and spoke kindly to them. - Genesis 50:15-21
One of my favorite Bible stories is the story of Joseph. Joseph was one of twelve brothers, all born to Jacob (Israel). From these brothers came the nation of Israel, God's chosen people. God had a plan from the beginning to raise up a nation of His people, a people set apart to be holy and dedicated to Him. The fulfillment of God's plan of redemption, the Messiah, Jesus Christ, would come from this line of people. But early on, attempts would be made to thwart this plan. One such attempt came in the life of Joseph. Jealousy and selfishness led his brothers to sell him to a foreign people where Joseph would eventually end up as a prisoner in Egypt. But God's hand was upon Joseph and through the years of his captivity he found much favor with his superiors, being entrusted ultimately with governing the land of Egypt.  But the day would come when the family would be reunited. How would Joseph receive his brothers who had done such an evil thing to him so many years earlier?
The brothers were afraid that Joseph would avenge their wrongdoing, but instead he forgave them. Verse 20 sums it up: what they meant for evil against Joseph, God meant for good so that many would be saved. God had a plan and that plan was carried out through Joseph. If Joseph had not been in Egypt, the famine that engulfed the land would have killed the entire family. Joseph was the one who would make sure there was enough grain to sustain the land. It was God's plan to spare this family. They were to become His chosen people. It was God's plan to use Joseph. It was God's plan to work for good the evil that Joseph had endured. For us today, God has a plan. Regardless of the evil that comes against us, God can work it together for good. Look to the Lord and ask Him to work all things together for good. 
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 19 Jan 2014, 12:43 am

January 17
Today's Reading: Genesis 41; Matthew 12:1-23
Today's Thoughts: Pray Without Ceasing
Pray without ceasing. - 1 Thessalonians 5:17
How do we do that? Well, I studied prayer for a while as if it were a science. I read about men who were known to be prayer warriors. But I noticed that by the end of their lives, many of them said that the one regret they had was that they didn’t pray enough. Immediately I prayed, “Oh Lord, don’t let that happen to me. Do not let anyone quote me saying that. Teach me to pray without ceasing. Teach me to tap into Your heart at the mall as much as when I am in trouble or in pain. Teach me that You are listening at a rock concert as well as at the beach. Teach me to include You in everything and take nothing for granted. And oh Lord, teach me to thank You for it all.”
God has given us His Holy Spirit on earth and has a will for us that He wants fulfilled on earth as it is in heaven. So, what does it take to have God’s heart so much in mine that He can fulfill His will on earth as it is in heaven with me? Verses like “Ask and it will be given,” “Whatever you ask, it will be given , ” allowed me permission to ask for everything. I realized that He was with me wherever I went. He just wanted to be included. He heard my words but knew the desires of my heart. He might not answer my words but He would fulfill the desire. And as time passed, I realized that He placed a lot of those desires in my heart just so He could fulfill them. The key was learning to pinpoint my true motivation. God looks at my heart and He weighs the thoughts and motives of the heart. If I was asking out of selfishness, He didn’t answer. If I told Him that I thought my motive was selfish, He answered. And He would answer those prayers just like I asked. So I got another piece in the puzzle. God rewards honesty.
I could not have learned these lessons without writing out my prayers.  Prayer Journaling helps to clarify your thoughts, intents and motives. Writing allows you to focus and really understand who you are and what you want before the Lord. We have prayer journals that have helped us. And we have instructional CDs to teach you how to get started. Our heart’s desire is that you may learn to pray God’s heart and for you to see heaven open up on earth as He uses you, for we serve an Awesome and Faithful God.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 16 Jan 2014, 1:38 pm

January 15
Today's Reading: Genesis 36; Matthew 10:21-42
Your Thoughts on Today’s Passage: A Believer’s Peace
Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things where with one may edify another. - Romans 14:19
Today, believers and unbelievers alike are looking for peace. But how do we follow after the things of peace?  Since everyone is longing and searching for peace, let’s first define the difference between the peace of the unbeliever with the peace of the believer.
The unbeliever is looking for peace in the outer circumstances of their lives. “If only the world was a peaceful place to be, if only we had a leader that would establish peace, if only everyone else would be kind to one another….then we would have peace” are the hopes and thoughts of the unbelievers. So, they look for leaders who could bring this kind of peace to their environment. We all agree with this kind of thinking to some extent. Wouldn’t we all be happy with world peace and conflict free circumstances? But Jesus tells us that in this world you will have tribulation and the Bible teaches that the only leader who will bring world peace is the spirit of the antichrist. World peace cannot last under his reign for Satan is the master of division, destruction, disaster and death.
A believer’s peace is different. Jesus said in John 14:27, “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you. Not as the world gives, do I give to you.” The kind of peace Jesus gives is peace of heart. Christians should have great peace knowing that they are unconditionally loved and that God has a purpose for them. There is great peace seeing prayers answered and understanding the things of God. As a believer begins to meditate upon the things of God, the peace they receive in their hearts starts training their minds to think differently. We start hearing praise songs going through our minds and thanking God for His lovingkindness and goodness towards us. Finally, this peace of Christ is lived out through the believers’ behaviors. Their attitude is not negative and they smile for no reason. They are focused but not self centered. And their behavior starts reflecting a trust in God that all things will work together for good because they love God and know God loves them. A believer understands that it is not about conflict-free circumstances that bring peace but about Jesus who brings peace in the midst of all kinds of circumstances. So, we follow after the things of peace leading us to follow the Author of perfect peace Himself.

January 16
Today's Reading: Genesis 39; Matthew 11
Today's Thoughts: John’s Doubts
And when John had heard in prison about the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples and said to Him, "Are You the Coming One, or do we look for another?" - Matthew 11:2-3
John the Baptist was the forerunner of Jesus. Isaiah 40:3 and Malachi 3:1, he was prophesied as the messenger who would prepare the way for the Messiah. He was the one anointed in his mother’s womb and filled with the Holy Spirit (Luke 1:41), and appointed by God to bear witness of Jesus, the Son of God. John the Baptist was the one who baptized Jesus and witnessed the Holy Spirit’s descent upon Him like a dove (John 1:32). This same John the Baptist is now wondering if this Jesus is the real Messiah. Should he look for someone else? What happened to John? What went wrong with his faith?
The Messiah was expected to come to earth and to set up His kingdom. Jesus, therefore, was the long-awaited King of the Jews. Everyone who believed in Him fully expected the prophecies of His earthly reign to be fulfilled in their day. But Jesus would answer John’s question showing a much different purpose for His coming than what John and the Jewish people expected. Jesus sent back the message that , “The blind see and the lame walk; the lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear; the dead are raised up and the poor have the gospel preached to them” (Matthew 11:5). Jesus did not come the first time to set up His kingdom; He humbled Himself and died on a cross for our sins. He came as the final sacrifice. Jesus came to serve, not to be served. So John’s expectations were not met, thus, he began to question (or doubt) if Jesus was the true Messiah.
How often do we put Jesus in our box and look to Him to meet our expectations? What happens when Jesus does not meet us the way we think He should? It is in those moments that our faith is tested the most. As humans, we tend to have very short memories. We forget so quickly how real the Lord has been to us, only to experience those moments when we wonder if He was ever real at all. Pray that your faith is strengthened in times of testing. Pray that you do not forget all that Jesus has done in your life. Pray that you never doubt that He is the true Son of God.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 14 Jan 2014, 7:55 pm

January 14
Today's Reading: Genesis 33:1-31; Matthew 10:1-20
Today's Thoughts: Renew Your Mind
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. - Romans 12:1-2
Have you ever found yourself humming or singing a song that is in your mind but you are not sure where it came from? So often, I will walk out of a store with a familiar tune playing in my head. The same thing happens when we watch television. Images from movies and television shows repeatedly play over and over in our minds. The power of sound and visual imagery can dominate us and yet, in many ways, we are somewhat immune to their influence. The entire marketing industry knows that repetitive marketing slogans will lead us to desire and purchase them. Our minds are well-trained in the ways of the world.
As Christians, we need to be aware of the worldly influences that infiltrate our minds. Thoughts tend to build upon each other and that can lead us into ungodly habits and patterns. The devil will tell us that whatever is in our minds is just for us; no one will get hurt, and no one will ever know. But in time, out thoughts will begin to change our behaviors and ultimately, some of those hidden things in our minds will be exposed in our lives. We must guard against these influences from the start. We must be on the offensive at all times. The apostle Paul tells us that we are not to be conformed to this world but to be transformed by the renewing of our minds. Our minds must be renewed daily, moment by moment, and this training begins by keeping certain things out. Make a conscious choice to avoid watching certain programs or movies. Turn off the noise in the car and replace it with music of praise and worship. We need to put things in our minds that glorify our Lord, for He that is in us is greater than he that is in the world.
Is it a sacrifice? Yes. We must present our bodies and minds to be a sacrifice unto God. The best part is that our sacrifice is greatly rewarded in the blessings that come from having a sound mind filled with peace and joy. Ask the Lord to help you today, and pray for His power to overcome the enticing activities of the world. Retrain your mind and your life will change.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next