Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 115 on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 3:20 pm
Latest topics
» STABBINGS - MURDERS - HATE CRIMES
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 3 EmptyToday at 9:22 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 3 EmptyToday at 8:36 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL VIDEO'S VARIOUS COVERAGES
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 3 EmptyToday at 8:27 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 3 EmptyToday at 5:20 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 3 EmptyToday at 5:18 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 3 EmptyToday at 5:12 pm by Admin

» AISH
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 3 EmptyToday at 4:50 pm by Admin

» servant @ TWO LISTENERS
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 3 EmptyToday at 4:00 pm by Admin

» Bill & Hillary Clinton
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 11:38 pm by Admin

» Jeremy Corbyn Anti- Israel friend of Terrorists
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 11:36 pm by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 11:20 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 11:18 pm by Admin

» Nolte: 11 Facts that Have Already Unraveled the Ukraine Hoax
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 11:14 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 11:12 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 11:10 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 11:09 pm by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 11:08 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 10:33 pm by Admin

» 10 Prayers for Before Meals - Short, Simple, Beautiful!
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 8:52 pm by Admin

» Erdogan threatens EU to Kneel to us or “we’ll send 3.6 million refugees your way”;
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 6:11 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 3 Empty Re: GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE

Post  Admin on Sat 16 Aug 2014, 12:37 pm

FREE FROM THE LAW 
Living Under Grace
Part 4 of 4 
By Richard Jordan 
This is the fundamental difference between the way law and grace produce results: the reason for doing the good works under law is different from the reason for doing them under grace. Two familiar passages well illustrate this: 

Consider first, Matt. 6:14,15.

"For IF YE FORGIVE men their trespasses, YOUR HEAVENLY FATHER WILL ALSO FORGIVE YOU: 

"But IF YE FORGIVE NOT men their trespasses, NEITHER WILL YOUR FATHER FORGIVE YOUR TRESPASSES." 

The motivation to perform the good work of forgiving others is quite clear: If a person forgives others, then they will also be forgiven. If not---then there is no forgiveness for them. This is the law principle and its motivation.

Now contrast this with Eph. 4:31-32:

"Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and damour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

"And be ye kind one to another, tender hearted, FORGIVING ONE ANOTHER, EVEN AS GOD FOR CHRIST'S SAKE HATH FORGIVEN YOU." 

This is the program of grace---we do the same good work but for a different reason. Rather than being against good works, grace motivates and produces good works---but it produces them for a different reason than the law does.

Under grace we serve simply as the natural response of who we are in Christ. Are we to forgive one another because they perform up to our expectations---because they confess their wrong or make restitution? No. We forgive because by faith we are free to live consistently with who we are in Christ, simply out of gratitude.

As we rejoice in an understanding of how God values and esteems us in Christ, that understanding will motivate us to serve one another. Gal.5:13,14 instructs us:

"For brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not Liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but BY LOVE SERVE ONE ANOTHER.

"FOR ALL THE LAW IS FULFILLED IN ONE WORD, EVEN IN THIS; THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AS THYSELF"

Thus as we live "under grace" we are able to produce the very good works that the law demanded ---but which we were not able to accomplish under that system (Gal. 3:10).

A knowledge of the love of God so clearly demonstrated for us in Christ is His powerful motivation to encourage us to godly living and faithful service. It is the love of Christ which constrains us---not our love for Him, but His love for us. This is the motive of gratitude and appreciation. Our lives are lived simply as a "thank you" in response to God's unspeakable gift.

Sometime ago the writer witnessed an illustration of the power of love to motivate which all can understand: On the TV screen was a burning house. A young mother was in the front yard while her two small children were on the second floor, which was consumed with fire and smoke. Two big firemen were trying to restrain the little mother as she struggled to break free from them.

Finally, in a burst of energy, she escaped their grip and ran into the flaming house to her death. While newsmen asked the TV camera, "Why did she do such a thing?" everyone viewing knew the answer. 

Was it some city ordinance requiring parents to care for their children that sent that mother into the flames? Hardly! Rather it was a motivation that simply would not be denied---a mother's love. There is no other motivation like it---except the love of Christ. Thus Paul declares that "the love of Christ constraineth us" (II Cor. 5:14). 

Knowledge of God's love for us in Christ is His powerful motivation to encourage us to present our bodies as living sacrifices. To view Rom.12:1,2 as a command is utterly wrong. It is to make a law of grace. Paul beseeches by the "the mercies of God, " which will bring about a submissive heart. Vows cannot obtain this. Even if they could, the sacrifice would not be acceptable to God, for "though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. "

How can this powerful motivation of love be produced in our lives? Paul has told us, "The love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us" (Rom. 5:5). The Holy Spirit and the Word of God always go together. It is as we look into the Word of God and learn the details of all that has been accomplished in Christ that we can rest by faith in God's amazing grace. It is our faith resting in the facts of Calvary that allows the Holy Spirit to empower those truths to transform our lives----thus the word of God "works effectually in you that believe. "

The Church will realize the greatness of its potential when it discovers not new methods but the message it professes to believe. It is grace that sets us free from the frustration of the performance system of the law. 

We are made capable in our service for Christ in our own right when we see ourselves as children of God, set free from the bondage of the law and brought into the glorious liberty of the sons of God---this by understanding His grace. 

Dear Lord, I thank You and praise 
You for Your great grace toward me.
 Just to think that you chose me
 be for the foundation of the world,
 and are so gracious even beyond 
that to allow me to walk in the
 good works that you did on the cross,
 your burial, your resurrection,
 and to know that you have seated
 me at the right hand of God the Father
 as you have placed me in Christ.
 May I become an instrument of
 Your grace in the lives of others,
 all for Your glory and honor, 
in Christ Jesus name, Amen.

Should this Inspirational be a blessing and encouragement to you, why not send to a friend, coworker or, to your loved one. The Word of God is so needed in our troubled USA.  We are loosing a great many of our privileges the founding fathers of our great county have protected us by the Constitution of America, there is no country in the world as great as America. Let's stand up and take back our roots. 

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 3 Empty Re: GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE

Post  Admin on Fri 15 Aug 2014, 5:13 pm

FREE FROM THE LAW 
Living Under Grace
Part 3 of 4 
By Richard Jordan 

LIVING UNDER GRACE 

Paul declares that it is grace that teaches and motivates the believer today to "maintain good works."

"For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, "TEACHING US THAT, DENYING UNGODLINESS AND WORLDLY LUSTS, WE SHOULD LIVE SOBERLY, RIGHTEOUSLY, AND GODLY, in this present world" (Tit.2:11,12).

Grace teaches us to deny ungodliness---to stop sin in our lives---and to live soberly, righteously and godly---to bring forth fruit that will please God.

Paul says, "By the grace of God I am what I am" (I Cor. 15:10), and we need to discover in our lives what this means. It is grace that produces results, whereas law-keeping makes only for frustration. The gospel of the grace of God liberates us into a life of service for Christ and if it were truly understood it would electrify present-day Christianity. The problem of our present time is that the Church preaches a message that is little more than warmed-over Judaism rather than the liberty that comes from faith in the finished work of Christ on the cross.

Let's understand this clearly: The Christian life is not earning credits and blessings from the Lord. Instead it is the grateful response to what He has already done for us in that He has given us everything in Christ. Rom. 8:32 sets forth our confidence:

"He that spared not His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, HOW SHALL HE NOT WITH HIM ALSO FREELY GIVE US ALL THINGS?" 

The little word "for" in the middle of Rom. 6:14 is intriguing. We believe both parts of the verse---but why this "for"? The answer is the key to the Christian life: for the believer, being under grace brings  about what all his legal efforts could never attain. Thus it is all important to discern what it means to be "under grace." 

The answer is repeated over and over in Paul's epistles: it is discovering that we have everything in Christ, believing it and resting in it.

We must never believe that these truths are merely abstract doctrines that have no relevance to our lives. The motivation for the marvelous ministry committed to our trust grows out of the great joy that comes when the truths of grace grip the heart. A clear understanding of and confidence in the grace of God is the only way to success.

GRACE WORKS 

Grace is not against good works! It simply does not bless on the basis of good works. We receive blessing from God based solely on the merits of His Son---blessings freely given to us in Christ and nowhere else. The completeness that is in Christ means deliverance from trying to "be good" and "do right" in order to be accepted by God.

Never think for a moment, however, that good works are not important to grace. We must learn that grace is God's way both in salvation and the Christian life. It is the modus operandi for the Christian life. The good works the law demanded, grace produces. 

The law demands good works and uses its terror---rejection, shame, fear of punishment, unanswered prayer, personal tragedy, etc.---as motivation. Here performance is a necessity to secure the blessings and avoid the curses.

Grace, on the other hand, allows us to serve on a different basis---not from fear but on the basis of love and gratitude, from appreciation and gladness for blessings freely given and freely received

O Lord, the strength of my life, 
forgive me for relying upon myself
 and for looking to worldly resources.
 I want to place all of my trust in the
 LORD JESUS CHRIST,
 the treasure who lives within me.
 May all glory be unto Him,
 in His mighty name, Amen

Should this Inspirational be a blessing and encouragement to you, why not send to a friend, coworker or, to your loved one. The Word of God is so needed in our troubled USA.  We are loosing a great many of our privileges the founding fathers of our great county have protected us by the Constitution of America, there is no country in the world as great as America. Let's stand up and take back our roots

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 14 Aug 2014, 9:39 pm

*FREE FROM THE LAW *
*Living Under Grace *
*Part 1 of 4*
*By Richard Jordan *

Much of Christianity could be included in Paul's description of the 
believers at Galatia when he writes:

"0 foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey 
the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, 
crucified among you?" (Gal. 3:1).

The Galatians had begun with a clear understanding of the issues of 
grace--of all that Christ had done for them at Calvary and the position 
God had given them in Christ. But they had become foolish--they allowed 
their thinking to wander from their completeness in Christ and thus had 
been bewitched into thinking their adherence to a set of external rules 
would enable them to please God. Thus Paul seeks to reason with them:

"This only would I learn of you, RECEIVED YE THE SPIRIT BY THE WORKS OF 
THE LAW, OR BY THE HEARING OF FAITH?

"Are ye so foolish? HAVING BEGUN IN THE SPIRIT, ARE YE NOW MADE PERFECT 
BY THE FLESH?" (vs. 2,3).

Is the entrance into salvation by faith but the fullness of the 
Christian life by the works of the law? Hardly! It is vital to realize 
that grace is not only the way of salvation but it is also the key to 
the sustaining and successful Christian life. The alternative is for our 
lives to be "vain"---empty, fruitless and barren:

"Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain" (v 4).

One of the major roadblocks on the road to spiritual growth is the 
unrealistic notion that the Christian life consists simply of mastering 
certain "principles," that if we successfully follow a list of steps and 
standards we will achieve spirituality.

Many honest souls cannot believe that obedience to God can be secured in 
any other way than by the law-principle---by adherence to a set of 
external rules by which to obey and seek to please God.

The truth is, however, that no believer will be effective who sees his 
life as slavish servitude to a list of rules and regulations. Rather, we 
will be motivated to godly living and faithful service when we see 
ourselves not as serving the law but responding to grace.

Rom. 6:14 is an important verse here. Although it is familiar and often 
quoted, it is amazing how little genuine understanding exists as to its 
real meaning:

"For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, 
but under grace."

The first "for" states the fact that sin's lordship over us is ended. 
The second reveals the basis on which this release is realized in our 
lives: We are not under the law---not under a performance system that 
first demands duty and then offers blessing. Rather we are under 
grace---which freely bestows the blessing first, knowing that the 
blessing will cause fruit to follow naturally.

It is important to understand that grace frees us from both sin and the 
law.

*THOUGHT FOR THIS WEEK*

* As Christians, we know that the ability to think*
*is a God-given gift.*
*But sad to say, we can misuse it by entertaining*
*thoughts that are vulgar, foul, and mean.*
*Paul told us to meditate on whatever is*
*true, noble, just, pure, lovely, virtuous, praiseworthy,*
*and of good report (Philippians 4:8).*
*Lord, help us to discipline our thoughts.*
*—Herbert Vander Lugt *

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET

*FREE FROM THE LAW *
*Living Under Grace*
*Part 2 of 4 *
*By Richard Jordan *
Gal. 4:1,2 demonstrates the twofold use of the law:

"Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing 
from a servant, though he be lord of all;

"But IS UNDER TUTORS AND GOVERNORS until the time appointed of the father."

A "tutor" is one who teaches, while a "governor" is one who controls, 
restricts and restrains. These are the two basic functions of the law: 
to stop or control sin and/or to teach how to bring forth fruit that 
would be acceptable to the justice of God.

To thus use the law, however, only demonstrates our own inadequacy, for 
the problem with the law is really the problem with us---it points out 
our inability. As Rom. 8:3 reminds us:

" .. WHAT THE LAW COULD NOT DO, IN THAT IT WAS WEAK THROUGH THE FLESH... "

The only answer to the condemnation of the law is to deal with sin by 
some other means.

The law can never stop sin in our lives simply because sin is there. 
Rather the law makes sin active and alive for "by the law is the 
knowledge of sin" (Rom. 3:20). Thus Rom. 7 tells us:

"For when we were in the flesh, THE MOTIONS OF SINS, WHICH WERE BY THE 
LAW, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death."

"What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I HAD NOT 
KNOWN SIN, BUT BY THE LAW: for I had not known lust, except the law had 
said, Thou shalt not covet.

"But SIN, TAKING OCCASION BY THE COMMANDMENT, wrought in me all manner 
of concupiscence. FOR WITHOUT THE LAW SIN WAS DEAD.

"For I WAS ALIVE WITHOUT THE LAW ONCE: BUT WHEN THE COMMANDMENT CAME,SIN 
REVIVED, AND I DIED.

"And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

"For SIN, TAKING OCCASION BY THE COMMANDMENT, DECEIVED ME, AND BY IT 
SLEW ME."

"For we know that THE LAW IS SPIRITUAL: BUT I, AM CARNAL, SOLD UNDER 
SIN" (Rom.7:5,7-11,14).

It is our identification with Christ at Calvary that frees us from sin. 
In Rom. 6 our freedom from sin is based squarely on the fact that we 
have been crucified with Christ:

"Knowing this, that OUR OLD MAN IS CRUCIFIED WITH HIM [CHRIST], THAT THE 
BODY OF SIN MIGHT BE DESTROYED, THAT HENCEFORTH WE SHOULD NOT SERVE SIN.

"FOR HE THAT IS DEAD IS FREED FROM SIN" (vs.6,7).

In Rom. 7 we learn that this same identification with Christ at Calvary 
has also made us free from the law:

"Wherefore, my brethren, YE ALSO ARE BECOME DEAD TO THE LAW by the body 
of Christ. .. "

"BUT NOW WE ARE DELIVERED FROM THE LAW, THAT BEING DEAD WHEREIN WE WERE 
HELD; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness 
of the letter" (vs. 4,6).

To be "free from the law" means that Christ has delivered us from trying 
to "be good" in order to be accepted by God. No longer is it necessary 
to be under external enactments, under conditions of performance and 
duty. "In Christ" we already have an eternal standing in grace---have 
already secured Divine favor, by a sovereign act of God which has not 
only reckoned to us Christ's redeeming work but has placed us fully in 
His present acceptance with God!

This deliverance from the law gives us liberty from sin's dominion in 
the details of our lives. The relationship between sin and the law is 
explained in I Cor. 15:56,

" ... THE STRENGTH OF SIN IS THE LAW."

Our problem all along has been sin---and the law points out sin on its 
every occurrence, thus condemning us. Having been made free from sin 
through the cross-work of Christ, however, the law has lost its job, as 
it were. Thus the cross also makes us free from the law:

"BLOTTING OUT THE HANDWRITING OF ORDINANCES THAT WAS AGAINST US, WHICH 
WAS CONTRARY TO US, AND TOOK IT OUT OF THE WAY, NAILING IT TO HIS CROSS" 
(Col. 2:14).

Since the cross has so effectively dealt with sin, should we then use 
the law for its other purpose---to motivate us to live in a godly 
manner? Let's see.

Our Purpose and Mission

The ministry of "Grace and The Truth" has the purpose of encouraging 
Christians to believe what God says.

We are dedicated to helping Christians to a fuller knowledge of Him, and 
the Grace of God. Until we all come into the Unity, Ephesians 4:13 "Till 
we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son 
of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the 
fulness of Christ:"

OUR COMMISSION IN THE AGE OF GRACE IS:

2Co 5:16-21 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, 
though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we 
[him] no more. Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new 
creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become 
new. And all things [are] of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by 
Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To 
wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not 
imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word 
of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God 
did beseech [you] by us: we pray [you] in Christ's stead, be ye 
reconciled to God. For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no 
sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

*GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET*
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 12 Aug 2014, 10:48 pm

QUIETNESS AND CONFIDENCE 
By Miles Stanford

"In quietness and in confidence shall be your strength" (Isa. 30:15). 

Time is a prime factor in one's assurance of the Father's leading. Rush and agitation are the prime factors in the Enemy's leading. God will give us time to watch and make sure; Satan demands action, right now! 

"There is a way to distinguish between the Father's leading and Satan's 'angel of light' leadings. The Father's promptings never nag, or worry, or harass. Satan's do just that. If one has a seeming 'leading' to do something that in itself is good, yet with the impulse there is a sense of nagging disquiet, and being driven in a certain direction, that is the Enemy's trademark; and his false leading is to be immediately recognized and rejected. The Holy Spirit's leadings come with a sense of peace and quiet, even if they point in a really difficult direction which only the grace of the Father can enable one to follow." -C.G.T. 

"Be careful who takes you up into the high mountain! When the devil takes you into the heights, he always shows you the kingdoms of this world, and the glory of them; when the Lord Jesus takes you up, He is always transformed before you." 

"It is because our life is hid with Christ in God that it is beyond the reach of Satan. The Enemy cannot touch our life in its source, for the Father is its Source and he cannot touch Him. He cannot touch our life in its channel, for the risen Lord Jesus is its channel, and he cannot touch Him. He cannot touch our life in its power, for the Holy Spirit is its power, and he cannot touch the Spirit. He cannot touch our life in its duration, for eternity is its duration, and he cannot touch eternity. The child of God is eternally safe." -J.E.C. 

"The work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness, quietness and assurance forever" (Isa. 32:17). 

Dear Lord of light,
 I praise You for bringing me out of darkness
 into Your gracious light.
 Grant me grace to proclaim Your excellencies.
 Shine Your light into the hearts
 I hope to reach.
 Grant them the miracle of new birth,
 in Jesus name, Amen.

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 11 Aug 2014, 10:22 pm

TWO APPEARINGS 
By Pastor Bob Hanna
A common misunderstanding of Scriptural revelation is the difference between the catching away of the church (the Body of Christ) and the coming of Jesus Christ to establish His promised millennial kingdom according to Israel's prophetic program.

The Dispensation of the grace of God is the present era in which we live today. This is the age of the church the body of Christ which was formed under the ministry of the apostle Paul "according to the revelation of the mystery." This dispensation interrupted the prophetic program of the nation of Israel and will end when God has completed His plan and purpose prior to Israel's restoration. Paul, addressing Gentile believers, writes, "Blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in" (Romans 11:25). The event that will bring about this occurrence ("the fulness of the Gentiles") we call "the rapture." 

The other happening under consideration is the second advent--- the return to earth of Jesus Christ to reign as Israel's king. Contrasts between these two appearings are clear. The rapture is thus described by Paul: "The Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first; then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord" (I Thessalonians 4:16,17).

By contrast the second advent brings Christ physically to earth. "His feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east and the mount of olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west" (Zechariah 14:4): When the Lord ascended to heaven, the apostles were watching. Two angels appeared to them and explained, "This same Jesus which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen Him go into heaven" (Acts 1:11).

Those who are saved in this present dispensation of the Grace of God are assured by our apostle, "When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with Him in glory" (Colossians 3:4). Blessed assurance! 

"There are many dangerous trends pulling folks away from true Bible Christianity. Many of the newer philosophies of ministry employ methods that are wholly carnal. Some have adopted objectives that have not one line of Scripture to support them, and some employ conduct that differs little from the world. " 

By--Tozer

Should this Inspirational be a blessing and encouragement to you, why not send to a friend, coworker or, to your loved one's who maybe defending the USA,  the Word of God is so needed in our troubled world.  It is our heart at GRACE AND THE TRUTH and mission to reach as many people as we possibly can TO SHARE with them the Word of God and all that the Lord Jesus Christ has done for members of the body of Christ.  

Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, 
which from the beginning of the world 
hath been hid in God,
who created all things by Jesus Christ

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 10 Aug 2014, 8:55 pm

Our Grace Commission
Part 2 of 2
By Gregg Bing

This is not the gospel we are to preach today! This is not the message 
by which a person can be saved today. During this present age of grace, 
we are to preach Jesus Christ, but in accordance with the revelation of 
the mystery, the truth entrusted to us through the Apostle Paul (Rom. 
16:25).

What are we to preach or proclaim about Jesus Christ? What do people 
need to hear and believe about Him in order to be saved? Paul describes 
our gospel commission in 2 Corinthians 5, verses 14-21, a passage which 
focuses on reconciliation. The basic meaning of "reconciliation" is the 
idea of change or exchange. The word was used to describe the business 
of money changers who exchanged coins for others of equivalent value. 
Reconciliation also speaks of the adjustment of a difference. 
Reconciliation is the means by which sinful men are brought into a 
relationship with a holy God. For this to occur, a change has to take 
place. God does not need to change, but we do. In order to be reconciled 
to God, we must be made new creations in Christ (vs. 17). In this 
passage, Paul addresses three aspects of reconciliation.

The Work of Reconciliation The work of reconciliation is accomplished by 
God Himself, "who reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ." Paul 
declares that "God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not 
imputing their trespasses to them." The essence of this work is seen in 
verse 21:

"For He (God) made Him (Christ) who knew no sin to be sin for us, that 
we might become the righteousness of God in Him."

Here we find what some call "the great exchange." Christ took our sins 
upon Himself, paying the penalty for us, so that we might have His 
righteousness imparted to us. This makes it possible for us to have 
peace with God (Rom. 5:1).

What does it mean that Christ reconciled "the world" to Himself? It does 
not imply universal reconciliation---that everyone will eventually be 
saved. It simply means that Christ has paid the penalty for the sins of 
the whole world (1 John 2:2). While everyone's sins have been judged at 
Calvary, not everyone will be saved. This is evident when Paul speaks of 
the need to implore people "to be reconciled to God." The reconciliation 
Christ accomplished for us on the cross is a gift of God's grace, a gift 
that each person must receive (Rom. 5:11) by faith (Eph. 2:8-9). As 
servants of the Lord, we are commissioned to have a part in the process 
of reconciliation, for God has given us:

The Ministry of Reconciliation "Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, 
as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ's 
behalf, be reconciled to God." (2 Cor. 5:20)

Our commission is to be ambassadors for Christ, His representatives here 
on this earth. As the Body of Christ, we are the instruments God uses to 
reach out to all men with the gospel of Jesus Christ. God uses us to 
plead with lost sinners and implore them, on Christ's behalf, to be 
reconciled to God by faith.

The love of Christ compels us to fulfill this commission (vs. 14)---love 
for the Lord who has given us such a wonderful salvation and love for 
those outside of Christ, knowing that God loves them (1 John 4:7-11).

The key to fulfilling this ministry is the message God has entrusted to us:

The Word of Reconciliation we are to implore people to receive, by 
faith, the reconciliation Christ provided. For this to happen, they must 
hear the Word of God, since "faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the 
Word of God" (Rom. 10:17). But, what part of the Word should we preach? 
What is the gospel we are to proclaim today? We are to preach the gospel 
entrusted to Paul, God's steward for this present dispensation. Paul 
declares what this gospel is quite clearly in 1 Corinthians 15, verses 3 
and 4,

"For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that 
Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was 
buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures."

This gospel that Paul preached is the same gospel we are to proclaim 
today---that Christ died as a substitute for our sins, was buried, and 
rose again that we might have eternal life. This is the gospel that 
people must believe to be saved from their sins. It is the only gospel 
by which a person can stand before God "holy, blameless, and above 
reproach" (Col. 1:22).

What a great commission has been entrusted to us today! May we be 
faithful to carry out this charge that precious souls may be brought to 
Christ.

Dear Lord Jesus, You are the one who has truly set me free. I thank You 
that I am no longer spiritually dead, condemned, headed for hell, and 
limited to inadequate human resources. I praise You that I am alive in 
Christ, justified, headed for heaven, and enriched by all the resources 
of Your grace, Amen!

*GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET*
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 09 Aug 2014, 6:32 pm

Our Grace Commission
Part 1 of 2
By Gregg Bing

One of the reasons many assume that Mark 16 is our "Great Commission" 
today is because they believe these were Jesus' last words. While these 
may have been some of the last words Jesus spoke while here on earth, 
they were not the last words He ever spoke to men. Jesus' ministry was 
not limited to the time He spent here on earth.

With Israel's rejection of the ministry of the Holy Spirit through the 
twelve apostles during the Acts period, the Lord Jesus spoke again, this 
time from heaven, this time to Saul of Tarsus (Acts 9:1-16). Saul, who 
became known as Paul, was called to be "an apostle of Jesus Christ by 
the will of God" (Eph. 1:1), but his commission was distinct from that 
of the Twelve. Paul was chosen to be the apostle to the Gentiles (Rom. 
11:13) and entrusted with a different gospel, "the gospel of the grace 
of God" (Acts 20:24). Though Paul often referred to it as "my gospel" (2 
Tim. 2:8), it consisted of "the words of our Lord Jesus Christ" (1 Tim. 
6:3) for he received it by direct revelation from Him (Gal. 1:12).

Christ also revealed to Paul a new plan and purpose of God for this 
present age, the dispensation of the grace of God (Eph. 3:2). This truth 
was a mystery kept secret from men of other ages until made known to 
Paul. Today, God is no longer dealing with a nation (Israel) but with 
individuals without distinction as to nationality, race, religion, or 
social status. All men who put their trust in Jesus Christ as Savior are 
added to a new body of believers, the Church, the Body of Christ. As 
members of the Church, we have a new commission from God, distinct from 
the commission Jesus gave to the Twelve.

Our commission as believers in the dispensation of grace is found in the 
writings of the apostle Paul whom God established as the steward of this 
present age. As we examine the letters he wrote under inspiration of the 
Holy Spirit, we find that our commission consists of two different 
ministries, ministries that are brought into focus by the fact that God, 
according to 1 Timothy 2:4, desires two things for all men: (1) that 
they be saved and (2) that they come to the knowledge of the truth. Our 
commission is to reach out to "all men" in the area of these two needs. 
The first part of our commission is to

Preach the Gospel

Grace believers (those who recognize the distinct ministry of Paul for 
this present age) are often accused of focusing too much on doctrine 
(teaching) and not enough on evangelism (preaching the gospel). Some of 
these detractors seem to think that "preaching Jesus Christ" should be 
our only concern. What they don't seem to realize is that doctrine and 
evangelism cannot be separated. Doctrine is, in fact, vital, especially 
in the area of evangelism. It answers critical questions such as: "What 
are we to preach about Jesus Christ?" and "What is required for a person 
to be saved?"

The twelve apostles preached Jesus Christ, but in accordance with the 
gospel of the kingdom. He was proclaimed as the Son of God, but the 
emphasis was on the fact that He was Israel's Messiah (Christ), the One 
anointed by God to be their King. If you carefully examine Peter's 
preaching in Acts, chapters 2 and 3, you find that he never mentions 
that "Christ died for our sins." When the Jews asked Peter what they 
must do, he responded:

"Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus 
Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the 
Holy Spirit." (Acts 2:38)

In Acts 3:19-21, Peter further proclaimed the good news that if Israel, 
as a nation, would repent, then "times of refreshing" would come from 
"the presence of the Lord," and He would "send Jesus Christ" back to 
earth to establish His kingdom and bring about the "restoration of all 
things" spoken by God's holy prophets.

*Our Purpose and Mission

Message "CHRIST" Rom. 16:25, Col. 1:28
Material "All Scripture, 2 Tim. 3:16, 17
Method "Rightly Dividing The Word of Truth, 2 Tim. 2:15
Mission "To Make All See" Eph. 3:9

"But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by 
the blood of Christ." Eph.2:13.

**We are dedicated to helping Christians to a fuller knowledge of Him, 
and the Grace of God. Until we all come into the Unity, Ephesians 4:13 
"Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the 
Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the 
fullness of Christ:"

We are wiling to help you on this journey just give us a call, 1 623 
546 8866, Paris

Would you like to help this ministry? Consider trying to get one other 
person to subscribe to the GRACE DAILY INSPIRATIONAL. This worldwide 
ministry asks for no funds and is sent to glorify our precious Lord and 
Savior, Jesus Christ, AND TO HELP YOU TO GROW IN GRACE AND KNOWLEDGE.
*GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET*
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 08 Aug 2014, 11:00 am

*COUNTER-BALANCED *
*By Miles Stanford*
"Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the 
blood of Jesus" (Heb. 10:19).

Personal knowledge of and fellowship with our risen Lord Jesus is 
counter-balanced by personal knowledge of and fellowship in the death of 
the Cross. The principle of balance prevents our slipping past the Cross 
and pushing into His presence.

"Where do you dwell? 'Come and see. They came ... and abode with Him' 
(John 1:39). The highest satisfaction He can have is that we should be 
at home with Himself. He has removed the distance from His own side.

"If you believe that, you say, I will approach Him. That is one thing. 
The next thing is, His love is so great He delights to have your 
company. It is not that you will feel yourself out of place there--- you 
will be there in all the beauty of the Lord Jesus Christ."

"Our Father delights in having us with Himself. Love yearns to satisfy 
itself about me. It is not only that I can go in, but a much greater 
thing--- my Father, in all His majesty and glory, can come out! All is 
equipoised. Not only have I entree, but I am shaped to the grandeur of 
the scene, conformed to the glory of God. Not admitted like a stranger, 
but changed into the same image; not to equality but similarity; 
transformed into moral correspondence."
-J.B.S.

"If we are not with Him where He is, we cannot be for Him where He is 
not. We must be inside the veil to be outside the camp."

"Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith" (Heb. 
10:22).

We need to cast our eyes upon His Word, and what He says about 
situations which try to beat us down. We don't have to carry burdens, 
but only release them to the One Who can handle them 

*This is great share with others
American Heart by Jon David

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IUw71xCcnc

*GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET*
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 07 Aug 2014, 11:10 pm

*"NOT ASHAMED"*
*By Pastor L. Peterson, 
There have been times in our Christian experience when we have been 
ashamed to make our true identity known. This could be the result of our 
conduct at the time or because of the presence of unbelievers. Perhaps 
like Peter in his experience we were completely out numbered and would 
have been put on the spot had we made known our identity. Really, like 
it or not, for the moment it amounts to having been ashamed of our 
Saviour. This is an awful thing, and as a result we like Peter after 
such denial, weep and seek the Master's forgiveness.

How often the Saviour has had occasion to be ashamed of us. But never 
so. The writer of Hebrews states, 'He is not ashamed to call us 
brethren.' How is this possible and why is it so? One reason is found 
in 'this verse: 'He that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all 
of one.'

The Scriptures teach us that there is a mystical union (wrought by the 
Holy Spirit) between Christ and the believer. 'For we are members of His 
body, of His flesh, and of His bones.' Eph. 5:30. The Saviour loves His 
body. Ephesians again testifies that He 'nourisheth and cherisheth it, 
even as the Lord the church.' Eph. 5:29. It is because of this union 'He 
is not ashamed to call them brethren.' Think of it, dear Christian, the 
creator and sustainer of the universe loves us so much that He is never 
ashamed of us. This includes all of us. Paul wrote to the Corinthian 
church and said that even the members of the body that seem to be more 
feeble are necessary. See. I Cor. 12:22. This is no encouragement to 
give way to careless living. This is, a motivating force for a closer 
walk with the Lord.

Another reason also for his not being ashamed to call us brethren is 
that 'He knoweth our frame; He remembereth that we are dust.' Psalm 
103:14. I shall never cease to thank God for this wonderful portion of 
His Word. May I tell you why? In my day I've seen a lot of dust around 
the country. I have yet to, find any that has had much of value as far 
as any intrinsic force is concerned. Verse 14 of this same chapter in 
Hebrews says, 'Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and 
blood, He also Himself likewise took part of the same.' Again in verse 
17, 'Wherefore, in all things it behoved Him to be made like unto His 
brethren.' Therefore, it is written again, 'We have not an high priest 
which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities.' Heb. 4:15. 
This is the reason for His not being ashamed 'to call us brethren.' Oh, 
how the Lord loves us. We should never lose sight of this fact. It is so 
easy to become discouraged these days and particularly, so if we give an 
honest appraisal of ourselves. Yet the Lord does not want us to be like 
that. We should look at ourselves as in union with Him.

Do you have troubles and are you often disappointed with yourself? Keep 
before you, dear child of God, that your Lord and Master does not sit in 
judgment to punish you. He rather is seated at the right hand of God the 
Father and is in sympathy with you.

As I bring this little message to a close I call to your attention two 
words in Hebrews. One is in chapter 4, verse 15 (previously quoted in 
this message). It is the word 'touched.' It really is 'sympathy.' Again 
in verse 2 of chapter 5 we have the English word 'compassion.' This too, 
is the word 'sympathy' in the Greek. The message is simple: He can and 
does have sympathy for us, and, 'like as a father pitieth his children, 
so the Lord pitieth them that fear him. For He knoweth our frame, He 
remembereth that we are dust.' Don't expect too much of yourself, dear 
friend, and you won't be disappointed so much. In fact,don't expect 
anything of yourself, for in your flesh (dust) 'dwelleth no good thing.'

You may expect something from the Lord, however, as He works in and 
through you 'for it is God who worketh in you both to will and to do.'( 
Phil 2:13 )

Thank you, dear Lord, for never being ashamed of us to call us brethren; 
help us never to be ashamed of you and to make our identity known.

Amen and love,
Heb 2:11 'For both he that sanctifieth and they
who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to 
call them brethren,'

Should this Inspirational be a blessing and encouragement to you, why 
not send to a friend, coworker or, to your loved one. The Word of God is 
so needed in our troubled USA. We are loosing a great many of our 
privileges the founding fathers of our great county have protected us by 
the Constitution of America, there is no country in the world as great 
as America. Let's stand up and take back our roots.

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 05 Aug 2014, 9:25 pm

The True Bible Church
by Pastor C R. Stam

Many people have truly come to know Christ as Savior after having been 
sincere, religious “church members†for years. Though faithful 
supporters of some earthly church organization they had never 
experienced the truth of II Cor. 5:17: “If any man be in Christ he is a 
new creation.†It is possible to be a member in good standing of some 
church organization, yet be outside of the one true Church of which the 
Bible speaks.

This is because the true Bible Church is not an organization but a 
living organism, a spiritual body, with a living Head and living 
members.Again and again St. Paul, by divine inspiration, calls the 
Church, the Body of Christ. He says: “We being many, are one Body in 
Christ…†(Rom. 12:5). “Ye are the Body of Christ, and members in 
particular†(I Cor. 12:27). “We are members of His Body†(Eph. 5:30).

How do we become members of this true Bible Church, the Body of 
Christ?First, we must acknowledge ourselves to be sinners in God’s 
sight,for Ephesians 2 relates how Christ died for sinful men that He 
might“reconcile†them to God “in one Body†by the cross(Ver. 16). Thus, 
when believing sinners are reconciled to God by faith in Christ, they 
are regenerated, given a new life, by the Spirit, and by the Spirit are 
baptized into the Church, the Body of Christ.

“Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His 
mercy He saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the 
Holy Spirit†(Titus 3:5).

“For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body†(I Cor. 12:13).

Every one of us should ask himself: “Have I been baptized by the Spirit 
into the Body of Christ?†If not, trust Christ as your Savior and become 
a member of the one true Bible Church. Then associate yourself with some 
local assembly where Christ is honored and the Bible taught,“rightly 
divided.â€

*Our Purpose and Mission

546 8866, Paris

*GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET*
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 05 Aug 2014, 9:02 pm

The Spirit of Holiness
by Pastor Ricky Kurth

"... Jesus Christ... was... declared to be the Son of God... according 
to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead" (Rom. 1:3,4).

What does it mean that the Lord's resurrection declared Him to be the 
Son of God according to the spirit of holiness? Well, have you ever 
heard it said that there is a difference between the letter of the law 
and the spirit of the law? When you drive 66 m.p.h. in a 65 m.p.h. zone, 
you are breaking the letter of the law, but you are not breaking the 
spirit of the law. The spirit of the law is for you to drive safely and 
responsibly. This is why most police officers will not ticket you for 
going one mile per hour over the speed limit.

The letter of the law of holiness is expressed well in Proverbs 17:15:

"He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even 
they both are abomination to the Lord."

But isn't that what God did at the Cross, when He condemned "that Just 
One" (Acts 22:14) and justified wicked sinners such as ourselves? In so 
doing, He surely broke the letter of the law of holiness.

Or did He? For those who would argue that God was not acting in accord 
with the law of holiness, we would reply that when God the Father took 
your sins and placed them on the Lord Jesus Christ at Calvary, He justly 
condemned the One who was made wicked (II Cor. 5:21). Then when you 
believed the gospel, God took His righteousness and put it on you, 
enabling Him to justify the ones who were made the very righteousness of 
God in Christ (II Cor. 5:21). The resurrection of Christ then proved 
that this was also done in perfect accord with the spirit of holiness, 
for Christ's sacrifice surely satisfied the just demands of God's 
righteousness.

If you haven't yet trusted Christ as your Savior, however, God has not 
yet given you the righteousness that is available only in Christ. 
Speaking of the Lord Jesus, the Apostle Paul says,

"In whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, 
according to the riches of His grace" (Eph. 1:7).

The forgiveness of sins purchased by Christ's blood is only available in 
Him. If you are not in Christ, you are still "in trespasses and sins" 
(Eph. 2:1)."Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved"
(Acts 16:31).
Our Purpose and Mission

*GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET*
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 04 Aug 2014, 7:52 pm

The Value Of Bible Study
by Pastor C. R. Stam

"From a child thou hast known the Holy Scriptures, will will this is 
your sister and me a call which are able to make thee wise unto 
salvation, through faith which is in Christ Jesus" (II Tim. 3:15).

Timothy was a fortunate young man. His father was not a believer in 
Christ, but his godly mother made up for this lack as, day after day, 
from his earliest childhood, she taught him the Word of God. As a result 
he came to know Christ at an early age and later became St. Paul's 
faithful co-worker and close associate in making known the wonderful 
"good news of the grace of God."

In his very last letter the great Apostle Paul recalls 
Timothy's"unfeigned faith... which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, 
and thy mother Eunice"(II Tim. 1:5).

If only we had more such mothers and grandmothers today, with husbands 
to help them! If only our American children were not set adrift on a 
restless sea of human speculation, but were taught the eternal truths of 
God's Word, the Bible!

We all need to "know the Holy Scriptures," not only because they teach 
reverence for God and build moral character, but most of all because 
they "are able to make [us] wise unto salvation through faith... in 
Christ Jesus."

The theme of the Bible, the Old Testament as well as New, is the Lord 
Jesus Christ, the riches of whose saving grace are unfolded to us in the 
Epistles of Paul, the chief of sinners saved by grace. It was to Paul 
that God committed the preaching of the cross of Christ. He it is who 
tells us about the riches that flow from Calvary. He it is who tells us, 
by divine inspiration that:

"...WE HAVE REDEMPTION THROUGH [CHRIST'S] BLOOD,THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS 
ACCORDING TO THE RICHES OF HIS GRACE" (Eph.1:7).
"THAT IN THE AGES TO COME HE MIGHT SHOW THE EXCEEDING RICHES OF HIS 
GRACE IN HIS KINDNESS TOWARD US THROUGH CHRIST JESUS" (Eph.2:7).

Our Purpose and Mission

*GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET*
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 03 Aug 2014, 12:09 am

*TWO ASPECTS OF CHRISTIAN LIBERTY*
*by C. R. Stam *

"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free... If 
the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed" (John 
8:32,36).

The true believer in the Lord Jesus Christ enjoys glorious liberty, and 
our Lord Himself said that there are no strings attached... "Ye shall be 
free indeed," free even from the most oppressive of all slave masters: 
sin. While the Law never saved one man from sin, the Lord Jesus, by His 
death on Calvary did, for we read that "Christ died for our sins."

Therefore the Apostle wrote by divine inspiration: "Stand fast therefore 
in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled 
again with the yoke of bondage" (Gal. 5:1). His letters thunder severe 
rebukes against believers who "desire to be under the law." To the 
Colossian Christians he wrote:

"Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of 
an holy day, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days; which are a 
shadow of things to come; but the body [substance] is of Christ" (Col. 
2:16,17).

But true liberty is used for good, otherwise it only reverts to bondage 
again, for whatever overcomes a man becomes his master (II Pet. 2:19), 
and doing evil can only harm ourselves and others. Thus the Apostle says 
further:

"But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a 
stumbling block to those who are weak" (I Cor. 8:9).

"For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty 
for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another" (Gal. 5:13).

"...Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he 
alloweth" (Rom. 14:22).

*God can do anything He wants to have done. *
*He doesn't want what you can do ...*
*Instead, He wants you. 
Should this Inspirational be a blessing and encouragement to you, why 
not send to a friend, coworker or, to your loved one's who maybe 
defending the USA, the Word of God is so needed in our troubled world. 
It is our heart at GRACE AND THE TRUTH and mission to reach as many 
people as we possibly can TO SHARE with them the Word of God and all 
that the Lord Jesus Christ has done for members of the body of Christ.

*GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET*

ACCEPTED BY GOD
By J. C. O'Hair

There are many seeming contradictions in the Bible, which disappear when 
the Word of God is rightly divided and the Greek text is understood.

In this lesson we are to study several Scriptures. First II 
Corinthians5:9: “Wherefore we labor, that, whether present or absent, we 
may be Accepted of Him.” Now Acts 10:35: “But in every nation he that 
feareth Him, and worketh righteousness, is ACCEPTED of Him.” Now 
Ephesians 1:6 and 7: “To the praise of the glory of His grace, wherein 
He hath made us ACCEPTED in the Beloved, In Whom we have redemption 
through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of 
His grace.”

In the light of Paul’s clear statements of grace how are we to 
understand II Corinthians 5:9, “labor to be ACCEPTED of God?”

How are we to reconcile Peter’s message to Cornelius in Acts 10:35,that 
men who work righteousness are ACCEPTED of God with Paul’s message of 
grace in Romans 4:5, that the man who does not work, but believes on 
Christ, is declared righteous?

Then compare II Corinthians 5:9 and Ephesians 1:6 and 7 (quoted above). 
The first verse tells us, that we labor to be accepted of God. The other 
verses say that believers have been made accepted in Christ,redeemed and 
forgiven. Now, first of all, the word, “accepted” in II Corinthians 5:9 
is from the Greek words “love” and “honor” - “to love honor.” - In 
Philippians 4:18 it is translated “well-pleasing.”

Then again, the word “accepted” in II Corinthians 5:9 is altogether 
different from the word “accepted” in Acts 10:35. In order that we might 
understand this difference we quote these words from Philippians 4:18 “a 
sacrifice acceptable, WELL PLEASING to God.”Here the word “acceptable” 
is the same Greek word as “accepted” in Acts10:35 whereas the word 
“well-pleasing” is the same Greek ward as“accepted” in II Corinthians 5:9.

But the word “accepted” in Ephesians 1:6 and 7, where we read that the 
believer has been made accepted, according to the riches of God’s 
“grace,” is still a different word. This “accepted” is the verb form of 
the word “grace.” Believers have been “graced” in Christ according to 
the riches of God’s grace. What an inexcusable blunder by the Holy 
Spirit, if He wrote in Ephesians 2:8 and 9, that sinners are saved by 
grace through faith, not of the sinner, and not of works, and then wrote 
in II Corinthians 5:9, that sinners have to labor to be accepted by God, 
that is, saved by God. By grace are ye saved, not of works. Read this 
truth in II Timothy 1:9- Romans 4:4 and 5 - Romans 11:6 - Ephesians 2:8 
and 9. The seeming contradictions are in our misunderstanding, or lack 
of understanding, of what the Holy Spirit dictated to holy men of God.

We do not labor to be accepted for salvation or righteousness and 
eternal life. These are all God’s free gifts or grace.

But we should labor to be well pleasing to God; we should endeavor to 
please Him with our good works done in the name of Christ. Thereby our 
labors are accepted by Him.

In Titus 3:5 to 7 God’s “grace” way of salvation, without any of man’s 
doings, religious or otherwise, is made very plain. But in Titus 3:8 the 
redeemed sinner is exhorted to excel in good works (maintain good 
works). This is in harmony with Ephesians 2:10, “God’s workmanship 
created in Christ Jesus unto good works” that God expects the saint to 
do. Philippians 2:12 should be studied in the light of all the above 
Scriptures; “work out your own salvation with fear and trembling for it 
is God which worketh in you, both to will and to do of His good pleasure.”

*Our Purpose and Mission

546 8866, Paris

*GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET*
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 31 Jul 2014, 10:27 pm

Our Union with Christ and the New Heart*
*Part 6 of 6 *
*by Pastor Ken Lawson *

*Three Hinges for Better Understanding *

Three key words will serve as hinges to help us open the door to Paul's 
teaching in the beginning of this chapter. They are Know - Romans 6:4,6, 
9. Reckon - Romans 6:11. Yield - Romans 6:13. So far, the key word has 
been "know." But knowledge of the way of holiness is not enough to 
actually reach it. The following verses supply the remaining elements.

11) Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but 
alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

12) Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey 
it in the lusts thereof.

13) Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto 
sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the 
dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. (Romans 
6:11-13).

The next key word becomes "reckon." We understand that Christ died to 
put to death our sin nature and rose again. Now He says, consider it to 
be true of you personally. Since we are one with Him in His death, 
burial, and resurrection, reckon that He put the old heart to death and 
gave you a new resurrection heart that doesn't respond to sin. This is 
where we get to exercise our faith in what God has said. Notice how many 
times the phrases "unto sin" and "unto God" are used. Verse eleven 
describes the position of every believer as dead to sin but alive to 
God. Verses twelve and thirteen show potential movement toward either 
sin or God, depending on our choice. The command to "Let not sin reign 
in your mortal body" shows that it is possible to do so if we fail to 
reckon.

Let's face it. Sin is pleasurable to the flesh and is still a draw 
(1Tim. 5:6; Heb. 11:25). But God wants to draw us to His right hand 
where there are pleasures forever more. Nothing is more pleasurable and 
fulfilling than living close to God and honoring the lordship of Christ 
in our lives. He fills the heart with a peace, love, and joy that 
eclipses any pleasure that we could experience in sin. And it lasts 
forever.

The final word is "yield," and it is an act of the will. It is the same 
word that Paul uses later in Romans 12:1 and is translated "present." "I 
beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God that ye present 
your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your 
reasonable service." God wants His children to choose God and His 
righteousness as a continuing lifestyle and yield their eyes, ears, 
tongue, hands, feet, and entire being to Him as an act of acceptable 
worship for His name's sake. We do it not out of fear or guilt but 
because "the love of Christ constrains us to live for Him who died for 
us and rose again (2 Cor. 5:14-15). Paul says much more in the remainder 
of Romans to complement this short introduction to practical holiness 
but suffice it now to repeat Paul's instruction, "Walk in the Spirit, 
and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh (Gal. 5:16).

When temptation comes, we can speak to ourselves and say, "I am dead to 
this through Christ's death and alive to God through His resurrection. 
He has set me free from the task master of sin and I choose to conduct 
myself in newness of life because of who He has made me to be in 
Christ." A wise man once said, "When temptation knocks, send Christ to 
answer it."

In order to have the victory over sin, we must know (the fact of our 
co-crucifixion and resurrection with Christ), reckon (consider it to be 
true of us personally), and yield (an act of the will by which we choose 
to acknowledge the lordship of Christ in our lives). God's divine heart 
surgery has given us the power to will and to do of His good pleasure 
(Phil. 2:13). As sons of God, we now have a choice of masters which by 
knowledge, faith, and commitment will lead to a change of masters in our 
conduct, faithfulness, and attitude.

*"Not that we are sufficient of ourselves *
*to think anything as of ourselves, *
*but our sufficiency is of God" *
*(II Cor. 3:5).*

*Should this Inspirational be a blessing and encouragement to you, why 
*GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 30 Jul 2014, 7:43 pm

*Our Union with Christ and the New Heart*
*Part 4 of 6 *
*by Pastor Ken Lawson *

*The Grace Way*

To overcome sin we must not rely on rules and regulations, the law, will 
power, or anything in ourselves. The grace way is the only thing 
effective because it is God's way and the method by which He works in 
His own children today. "For sin shall not have dominion over you for ye 
are not under the law but under grace" (Rom. 6:14). What Paul teaches 
here about being dead to sin but alive to God through the resurrection 
of Jesus Christ was the most valuable lesson he learned from God for 
complete victory over sin. You might think of it this way: if I were to 
die today, there would be one positive; I would not be able to sin 
against God anymore. The negative is that I would not be able to serve 
Him any more in this life. Similarly, when we receive Christ as Savior, 
God puts our old self to death (affected by Christ's death) and we 
become disconnected with our old nature. Thankfully, He doesn't leave us 
in death but now imparts new life (Christ's resurrection life) to us by 
which we have strength to serve Him.

Romans 6:5-10 is a further explanation of verses three and four. It does 
not deal with the future death and resurrection of the body but our 
current spiritual death and resurrection with Christ.

vs 5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, 
we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

vs 6 Knowing this, that our old man is (was) crucified with him, that 
the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

vs 7 For he that is dead is free from sin.

vs 8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live 
with him:

vs 9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more: death 
hath no more dominion over him.

vs 10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, 
he liveth unto God.

To be "dead to sin" does not mean that sin cannot affect us nor does the 
fact that "our old man is crucified" with Christ indicate that he no 
longer bothers us. Dead men affect us every day. Our parents and 
grandparents affect who we are, how we think, and how we react. Even 
dead presidents affect us in ways we don't even realize. But we need not 
be enslaved by a dead man. And we need not be controlled by the old man 
within that God has put to death.

It may be helpful to think of death as separation. Physical death, for 
example, is a separation of the spirit from the body. Likewise, the 
Romans chapter six form of death is a separation of our sin nature from 
us. When we believed the Gospel, God affected this separation by a 
spiritual circumcision in which He cut off (or surgically removed) the 
old heart (self) and a new heart (Christ) was replaced as the 
life-giving Source. Lack of knowledge, unbelief, and selfishness wait in 
the shadows to derail our spirituality. The old heart can be reconnected 
and take control of our lives if we allow our spiritual life to flounder.

*Rest means to trust Jesus Christ as our Life-Source, *
*depending on Him to empower our*
* actions with His strength and direction. *

Dear Father
You know that we have sincerely tried to live as a victorious Christian. 
We have done our personal best, but now we realize that has been our 
problem-it has been "our best" that we have trusted, instead of Your 
life. We repent of self-sufficiency and affirm that from this moment 
forward we will trust You to live through me. We choose to rest in You, 
depending upon You to cause the power of indwelling sin in us to stay in 
remission. You are our Victory, oh Lord. For that fact, we thank You, Amen

*GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET 

*Part 5 of 6 *
*by Pastor Ken Lawson *

*A Prophetic Voice and a Contemporary One *
The Old Testament prophet Ezekiel spoke of a time in the coming kingdom 
when his restored people, Israel, will receive their heart transplant. 
"A new heart also will I give you, and a new Spirit will I put within 
you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will 
give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit within you, and 
cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do 
them" (Ezek. 36:26-27). Their hard heart will be replaced with a soft 
heart which will be ready to do His will. While Israel's stony heart 
will be removed, God, in His wisdom, allows ours to remain within, and 
while separated, we still have the freedom to yield to its destructive 
ways. "For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against 
the, flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye 
cannot do the things that ye would" {Gal 5:17).

Years ago, I heard a message on Romans six from Pastor Win Johnson of 
Denver, Colorado. He spoke at the annual Bible conference of the Berean 
Bible Fellowship. When the venerable old saint ascended the platform, 
the first thing he said was, "I wonder if I could amend the title of the 
message tonight. The title as it appears on the program reads, 'A Change 
of Masters.' I would like to change it to be 'A Choice of Masters.'" He, 
was right and I never forgot it. While we do have a change of masters in 
standing and position before God, it is nevertheless true that in our 
state and condition in the world, we have a responsibility to reckon it 
to be true of us personally and to yield ourselves to God as alive from 
the dead. But we are getting ahead of ourselves.

What Paul says in verse six about "the body of sin being destroyed" 
doesn't mean that our bodies cannot become the instruments of sin. That 
notion is dashed by what Paul says in verses twelve and thirteen as well 
as our own experience. All too often we open the coffin and consult with 
the old corpse of sin, The word "destroyed" does not mean annihilated 
but "rendered inoperative" or ineffective. It is potential.

Think of this illustration: Mark and Carol have been married for 15 
years. Mark thought that it would be a wonderful wedding anniversary 
gift if he would surprise her with a new car. When the day came, Carol 
looked out the front picture window to see a bright, colorful, new car 
with all the accessories. She was delighted! But then Mark thought of a 
devious joke to play on her. During the night, he got out of bed, went 
to the garage, and disconnected the battery to the new car. The next 
morning, Carol got in the car to head off to work. Mark stood in the 
kitchen listening and laughing as she tried desperately to start the 
car. Carol finally walked in the house in tears and said, "Mark, I think 
we got a lemon!" Mark explained the prank and in a few months she 
thought it was funny too. The new car was in perfect running order. Mark 
had just separated it from its power source.

So Christ has positionally separated us from the sinful nature (or old 
heart) and connected us to Christ with His resurrection life. What God 
has joined let us not put asunder, and let us not join together what God 
has separated!

*"In the Reformation there was, through grace, a great deliverance.*
* The groundwork of Christianity was recovered;*
* namely, justification by faith. But though this was recovered,*
* it was not maintained that the old man was crucified on the Cross,*
* and hence they only refused the exactions of popery,*
* but recognized the flesh as still before God.*
* Refusing the exaction was right;*
* but the retention of that in which the exaction could be made,*
* the old man, was the weakness of the Reformation." *

*GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 28 Jul 2014, 10:47 pm

*Part 3 of 6 *
*by Pastor Ken Lawson *
*The Root and the Fruit *
In Romans chapter six, Paul does not address "sins" (plural) but "sin" 
(singular). "Sins" refer to acts of sin that people commit. (Paul dealt 
with this in chapters one through five). "Sin" deals with the root 
source within us that causes us to commit acts of sin. Many Bible 
students find it helpful to think of sin here as "the sin nature" or as 
verse six says, "our old man" (self). Sin is the root; sins are the 
fruit. It is truly wonderful to know that God saved us from the 
punishment of sins by forgiving our sins (plural) through the blood of 
the Cross. Now He wants to save us from the power and dominion of sin 
(singular) in our Christian lives. Christ not only died "for sins," but 
He also died "unto sin once," thus breaking the power of the sin nature 
over us.

You may say, "I must have missed something for I know I am saved, but I 
still struggle a lot with sin. It sure doesn't seem like I am dead to 
it." Be encouraged for Paul dealt with the same problem (Romans7:15-24). 
God apparently allowed Paul to experience the failure of Romans chapter 
seven that he might be an excellent teacher of God's solution in Romans 
chapters six and eight.

You see, everyone seems to think that the answer to sin in a believer's 
life is to appeal to will power or to legislate against it. However, 
Paul wrote " ... to will is present with me; but how to perform that 
which is good I find not" (Rom. 7:18b). If the holy apostle could not 
will the victory over sin, neither can we. Another way is to set up 
rules and regulations against it, but that only serves to inflame sin 
within us and provoke it to life. "But sin taking occasion by the 
commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence (evil desire). 
For without the law sin was dead. For I was alive without the law once: 
but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died" (Rom. 7:8-9).

So much for legislating moral goodness. Many have found that when they 
put up a sign like, "Don't touch wet paint," people are prompted by 
something within to do that very thing. Then they wise up and print 
something like "Please don't touch wet paint." Now it is in the form of 
a polite request rather than an order. Even when the law is successful 
in restraining outward acts of sin, the sin nature simmers beneath the 
surface waiting for the opportunity to express itself.
Religion is detrimental to your well-being! Religion is false! Religion 
is the reason why many unbelievers refuse God and Christ! Religion is 
dead! Religion is Satan’s buddy! Religion is destroying the faith of 
many! Religion was NAILED TO THE CROSS, AND THE ENMITY THEREOF! We who 
have trusted Christ are a New Creation which God did, and He placed us 
into the Body of Christ.

Therefore, it is the responsibility of each and every member of the 
Body of Christ to be a good soldier, and TO PUT ON THE WHOLE ARMOUR OF 
GOD, THAT YE MAY BE ABLE TO WITHSTAND IN THE EVIL DAY, AND HAVING DONE 
ALL, TO STAND! (Eph. 6:13

*GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 27 Jul 2014, 2:12 pm

Staying the Course
By Charles Wages

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord 
Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmovable, 
always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your 
labour is not in vain in the Lord." (1 Cor. 15:57-58)

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line."

This expression, though not Scripture, tells us something about a truth 
we all need to consider. On the highway of life, though, there are many 
detours and distractions. However, this should not turn us away from the 
appointed work the Lord has given us to do. Consider the apostle Paul 
when he was about to sail from Troas after God called him in a vision to 
go over to Macedonia. We are told,

"Therefore loosing from Troas, we came with a straight course to 
Samo-thracia, and the next day to Neapolis." (Acts 16:11)

Note they came "with a straight course" to Samo-thracia, then to 
Neapolis, then to Philippi. His mission resulted in Lydia, a "certain" 
woman whose heart was opened, receiving the message Paul was called to 
preach and teach. Paul never "strayed from the course," but "stayed with 
the course." This same statement is recorded in Acts 21:1,

"And it came to pass, that after we were gotten from them, and had 
launched, we came with a straight course unto Coos, and the day 
following unto Rhodes, and from thence unto Patara."

Again we find Paul sailing "with a straight course."

Now, what does this say to us who have been saved by God's grace and 
called to work for the Lord? We must stay with and not stray from the 
"Word of Truth." Remember what 2 Timothy 2:15 teaches,

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to 
be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

One of the major tragedies of our present age is that men and women are 
detouring and even departing from the truth of God's Word. There is a 
tendency to substitute tradition for Truth, a tendency to read, study, 
and quote books instead of the Book. In 2 Timothy 2:13 we are told that 
men's words will eat as a cancer because they have "erred" from the 
truth. This is serious and dangerous and leads to all kinds of spurious 
and false teachings that lead astray.

In 2 Timothy 3:7-8, we read of those who were "ever learning and never 
able to come to the knowledge of truth." We wonder what these stupid 
people were learning! And then, sadly, they went so far as to "resist 
the truth." Often this is strong resistance and outright opposition to 
the truth. Finally in 2 Timothy 4:4, we read, "and they shall turn away 
their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables." What a 
downsizing! The results of not "staying the course" concerning the truth 
of God's Word were evident then and are surely evident today.

"That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried 
about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning 
craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive:" (Eph. 4:14)

"The truth often hurts, but it is the lie that leaves the scars."

We must "stay the course" concerning the "gospel of the grace of God," 
and the blessed hope it gives to those who have believed. A lot of false 
teaching goes under the heading of "the gospel." Most of it goes under 
the heading of "works."

Works to be saved, works to earn a place in heaven, works so your good 
ones outnumber your bad ones and maybe, just maybe, you will make it in 
the end. All of this nonsense leaves out the finished work of our Lord 
Jesus Christ who died for our sins, according to the Scriptures; who was 
buried, and who rose again the third day according to the Scriptures (1 
Cor. 15:3-4). That is the true gospel. Read Ephesians 2:8-10 and 
substantiate this great, grand, glorious, good news! Let's stay with 
God's grace when we speak of the gospel. The hope of the gospel is 
Christ Himself.

"To whom God would make known what are the riches of the glory of this 
mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you the hope of glory." 
(Col. 1:27)

What wonderful, practical, personal directives result in "staying the 
course." Going back to 1 Corinthians 15:58, we are to be stedfast—this 
means to stand firm. We don't see much of this in "religion" today. "Go 
with the flow" is more than a saying; it is often the rule. 
Entertainment instead of worship draws the crowds. "How to" books on 
every conceivable subject are the best sellers and often the source of 
conversation. Role models are those of the music, athletic, and media 
fields. They are often spoken of as "icons." By standard dictionary 
definition, an icon is a religious image worshipped by most Eastern 
religions, an object of uninitiated devotion! Further, an "iconoclast" 
is one who attacks established beliefs! Yet, men and women are loosely 
called "icons." All of this causes human beings to forget the Lord and 
that He alone is the Saviour of all mankind. The only One we should worship.

We are told to be "unmovable" or "immovable." We shouldn't be "tossed to 
and fro" by every wind of doctrine (Eph. 4:14) but stand our ground on 
the truth of the Word, even if the "wind" is a hurricane. The last word 
to consider in a practical directive is "abounding." It means "exceeding 
abundantly above" all the tribulation, tragedies, trials, and 
trepidations that beset us all. We are to "abound in hope" (Rom. 15:13); 
"abound in the work of the Lord" (1 Cor. 15:58); "abound in faith, 
utterance, knowledge, diligence, and in love" (2 Cor. 8:7); and 
"abounding in thanksgiving" (Col. 2:7).

To conclude, when we "stay the course" we shall know that our labor is 
not in vain! What a promise, what encouragement, what a hope! Let's 
"stay the course!"
Our Purpose and Mission

*GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET*

Our Union with Christ and the New Heart
Part 1 of 6
by Pastor Ken Lawson
Romans 6:1-4

What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2 God forbid. How shall we that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ 
were baptized into his death?
4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as 
Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so 
we also should walk in newness of life (Romans 6:1-4).

The Human Heart

December 3, 1967 marked a milestone in medical history. Dr. Christian 
Barnard of Cape Town, South Africa successfully performed the first 
human heart transplant. This was followed a short time later by a 
similar heart transplant by Dr. Michael Debakey of Houston, Texas. These 
early transplants were only moderately successful because the patients' 
natural defense systems began attacking the new hearts as foreign 
invaders. With the use of trial and error, advanced technology, and 
better anti-rejection drugs, the outlook for heart transplant patients 
improved. Meanwhile, the heart surgeons who were icons in the medical 
community now became media superstars and they used that publicity well 
to raise funds for their heart clinics.

While being interviewed on a nationally televised talk show, Dr. Debakey 
told of the intricacy of the human heart and then added, "Only God can 
create a human body." While these doctors were catapulted to almost god 
like status, they had to confess that there was much they did not know 
about the heart and could, at best, only promise their patients a 
limited number of quality years.

God and Man's Heart

As we read the pages of the Holy Bible, we soon learn that God Himself 
also specializes in heart surgery. While He created the physical heart 
which pumps the blood that keeps us healthy, as the Great Physician, He 
is much more interested in implanting a new heart in man which will be 
humble and submissive to His will and which will also bring an eternity 
of great fulfillment to his soul.

As we search the writings of the Apostle Paul for us Gentiles, there is 
one passage of Scripture that deals systematically with the mechanics of 
spiritual heart surgery. Romans chapter six is the "how-to" of the 
Christians life. Although Paul centers on Christ's crucifixion and 
resurrection, he does not deal with initial salvation from the 
punishment of sins which results from forgiveness. He dealt with that 
previously in Romans 3:21-5:11 with the great themes of sin, judgment, 
God's love, faith, grace, redemption, justification, and reconciliation. 
Here he begins to teach on the issue of the believer's sanctification 
(or separation) with the view to produce fruit unto holiness. It answers 
the question, "Now that I am saved from the penalty of sin and have 
eternal life, how can I live a life pleasing to God?"

The answer is nothing short of radical heart surgery. The heart (or 
"kardia") in Scripture is used to stand for man's entire inner personal 
life and includes his mental, moral, and spiritual activity. It covers 
his intellect, emotions, thoughts, desires, conscience, and will. It is 
the seat of man's sinfulness but also the sphere of divine influence. 
There is a pure heart and an evil heart of unbelief (2 Tim. 2:22; 
Heb.3:12).

Although Paul does not write in terms of the word "heart" in Romans 6, 
the teaching is surely there in force as he writes of indwelling sin 
(the old heart) as well as partaking of Christ's resurrection life (the 
new heart). He begins by raising a rhetorical question which is really 
an objection raised by his critics concerning what they thought was the 
"fatal flaw" of his teaching of grace. "Shall we continue in sin, that 
grace may abound?" People always raise this question when they begin to 
grasp the teaching of grace. But instead of rejoicing in it they jump to 
a wrong conclusion. They think grace teaching takes a soft stance on sin 
or even gives people a license to continue in it. Paul had written, "But 
where sin abounded, grace did much more abound" (Rom.5:20). The legalist 
reasoned something like this, "Paul, if it is true, as you say, that 
God's grace increases much more to deal with man's sin, why not continue 
to allow sin to run free in order for God's grace to shine through even 
more gloriously." Paul answers with the strongest "No!" in the Greek 
language. The King James version translates it as "God forbid!" Today we 
might say, "No, no way!" God protests sin as it is against His holy 
character. Then he asks his own challenging question, "How shall we that 
are dead to sin, live any longer therein?" He is not expressing the 
impossibility of living in sin but rather how illogical and contrary to 
God's purpose it would be for believers to do so since we have died to 
it. The reason for the Cross was especially to separate man from his 
sinning.

Spiritual Blindness

They are darkened in their understanding and separated
from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them
due to the hardening of their hearts.

Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves
over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity,
with a continual lust for more.

Ephesians 4:18,19 NIV

*GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Our Union with Christ and the New Heart
Part 2 of 6 
by Pastor Ken Lawson

The Baptism that Counts 
"Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?" How this passage has suffered from the intrusion of a water baptism ritual, thus losing the full force of its teaching! Water is not mentioned in these verses but "read into" by the minds of many. Actually, the word "baptism" in verses four and five means "identification with" or "initiation into" something---in this case, Jesus Christ. To be identified with Christ means that we become one with Him. To be initiated into Christ means that we are united to Him as our Source. This must be a spiritual baptism since a water ceremony could not place us into Christ or be the source of holiness. It is not a baptism into water or a church denomination that makes the difference but a baptism into Christ Himself. 

In Bible times, when the color faded from a piece of cloth, they would send it to a fuller and he would dip or immerse the cloth in a dye. After a time, it would be removed and hung up to dry. In the process, the cloth would take on itself the color of the dye and become one with it. Spiritually speaking, we can apply this in a similar way to our baptism into Christ. If one insists on immersion as the definition of baptism, then it is an immersion into Christ. by the Spirit, thus, making us one with Him (1 Cor. 12:12-13).

This "oneness" extends beyond His death to His burial. and resurrection for verse 4 goes on to say, "Therefore, we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life." When Christ died, there is a very real sense in which we died with Him. When He was buried, we were buried with Him. And when He rose from the dead we rose with Him. This actually happened almost 2000 years ago when Christ died and rose again, but it is not made a part of us personally until we believe the gospel of grace.

This is where it starts to get deep because we cannot appeal to human experience to prove this.  We do not feel it or perceive it with our senses. The only way that we know about it is by reading about it in the Word of God, and that takes faith. I do not know how God put me to death with Christ two- thousand years before I was born, but I believe it because He said it. The problem is our perspective. We live in the present; God inhabits eternity. We see a little sliver of human history; God sees the end from the beginning. There is nothing too hard for God. Our union to Christ is what Bible teachers refer to as "positional truth." All believers have a present position in Christ as being united with Him in His death, burial, and resurrection.

Perhaps a better word for "buried" in verse four is "entombed" as Christ was not buried under ground but placed in a sepulcher from which you could walk on level ground. This positional truth is more than just theory because Paul takes it and teaches us how we can translate the position into everyday, practical living in righteousness. 

FROM A DEAR BROTHER IN CHRIST
Hi Paris,  my latest, and most likely, last moment of addressing members of the Church, the Body of Christ.  It has become an interesting experience to observe how fellow-saints in Christ Jesus, are becoming more lackadaisical, and seem to care less about their "real"relationship with God, through our fellowship with His Son. They seemed to be more interested in their "church," rather than The Church, and the time within their "denomination," rather that holding onto the ONENESS of the Spirit.  (But you already knew that).

Love and Agape to you and The Church of God, The Body of Christ.
Rick 

Should this Inspirational be a blessing and encouragement to you, why not send to a friend, coworker or, to your loved one. The Word of God is so needed in our troubled USA.  We are loosing a great many of our privileges the founding fathers of our great county have protected us by the Constitution of America, there is no country in the world as great as America. Let's stand up and take back our roots. 
GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 25 Jul 2014, 11:08 pm

Come, Become, Overcome, Welcome
By John LaVier

Come

What a wonderful word of invitation, found many times over on the pages 
of Holy Writ. In the early chapters of the Bible we hear God's call to 
Noah: "Come thou and all thy house into the ark." In the middle of the 
Book is His invitation of old: "Come now, and let us reason together; 
though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though 
they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." Also through Isaiah He 
said: "Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that 
hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk 
without money and without price." In the last chapter of the Bible an 
invitation is still extended: "The Spirit and the bride say, Come. And 
let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And 
whomever will, let him take the water of life freely." All through the 
Bible, from Genesis to Revelation, and in every age, God calls sinful 
man to Himself. The Saviour says, "Come unto Me, all ye that labor and 
are heavy laden, and I will give you rest," and the promise is made, 
"Him that cometh to Me I will in no wise cast out." Of course, John 6:44 
is true: "No man can come to Me, except the Father which hath sent Me 
draw him." Salvation is all of God, from first to last, and thus we 
sing: "He drew me, and I followed on, charmed to confess the voice divine."

Become

First we come and then we become! We become saints, saved by the grace 
of God. We become sons; sons of God through faith in Christ, for "as 
many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, 
even to them that believe on His name." We become heirs; heirs of God 
and joint-heirs with Christ. We become the righteousness of God in 
Christ, and accepted and complete in Him. We become without condemnation 
in Christ, justified by His blood. We become new creatures, for "if any 
man be in Christ, he is a new creation: old things are passed away; 
behold, all things are become new." We become members of the Body of 
Christ, made one with Him who is the Head and joined to Him in a union 
that can never be broken. We become citizens of heaven, raised up with 
Christ and seated in the heavenlies in Him. We become partakers of the 
inheritance of the saints in light, awaiting that day when we shall be 
manifested with Christ in glory. We become ambassadors for Christ, 
entrusted with the wonderful message of grace and reconciliation. We 
become the workmanship of God, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, 
for having become saints, we are now to walk as becometh saints. We are 
to "speak the things which become sound doctrine," and our manner of 
life is to be "as it becometh the gospel of Christ."

Overcome

The Apostle John, in his epistles, and also in the Apocalypse, has much 
to say about overcomers and overcoming. However, this language is not to 
be found in the Pauline letters addressed to us. In them we are seen as 
being "in Christ," seated with Him "far above all" and with "all things 
under His feet." As members of the Body of Christ we are seen as having 
already overcome all "in Him." In ourselves there is nothing but 
failure, but in Him there is nothing but victory. We can do nothing in 
our own strength, but "we can do all things through Christ which 
strengtheneth us." Of ourselves, we are weak, but we can be "strong in 
the Lord, and in the power of His might." We need never know defeat, for 
"we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us." To be "more 
than conqueror" means to be unconquerable. We can overcome the world, 
the flesh, and the devil; not in our own strength, but in Him. The same 
power that raised Christ from the dead is operative in us, and we are to 
reckon ourselves dead to sin but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our 
Lord. We are to yield ourselves unto God, as those alive from the dead, 
and our members as instruments of righteousness unto God. We are to be 
filled with the Holy Spirit. Then we have the victory that overcomes 
all, and can exult: "Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to 
triumph in Christ."

Welcome

The word welcome is not to be found in the Bible, but certainly the 
thought is many times expressed. In that which has been referred to as 
his swan song, Paul wrote: "For I am now ready to be offered, and the 
time of my departure is at hand ... Henceforth there is laid up for me a 
crown of righteousness, which the Lord the righteous Judge, shall give 
me at that day; and not to me only, but unto all them also that love His 
appearing." When the old warrior penned these words he was doubtless 
anticipating the glad welcome by his Lord in glory, and not only His 
welcome but also His "well done." And surely it will be a royal welcome 
for each one of the Lord's own. He who loved us, and gave himself for 
us, must even now be eagerly waiting for that day when He shall return 
"with grace on His brow, like a halo of glory, to receive from the world 
"His own."

O Lord Jesus, how long,
How long, ere we shout the glad song,
Christ returneth! Hallelujah!
Hallelujah! Amen. Hallelujah! Amen!
Our Purpose and Mission

*GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET*
Staying the Course
By Charles Wages

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord 
Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmovable, 
always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your 
labour is not in vain in the Lord." (1 Cor. 15:57-58)

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line."

This expression, though not Scripture, tells us something about a truth 
we all need to consider. On the highway of life, though, there are many 
detours and distractions. However, this should not turn us away from the 
appointed work the Lord has given us to do. Consider the apostle Paul 
when he was about to sail from Troas after God called him in a vision to 
go over to Macedonia. We are told,

"Therefore loosing from Troas, we came with a straight course to 
Samo-thracia, and the next day to Neapolis." (Acts 16:11)

Note they came "with a straight course" to Samo-thracia, then to 
Neapolis, then to Philippi. His mission resulted in Lydia, a "certain" 
woman whose heart was opened, receiving the message Paul was called to 
preach and teach. Paul never "strayed from the course," but "stayed with 
the course." This same statement is recorded in Acts 21:1,

"And it came to pass, that after we were gotten from them, and had 
launched, we came with a straight course unto Coos, and the day 
following unto Rhodes, and from thence unto Patara."

Again we find Paul sailing "with a straight course."

Now, what does this say to us who have been saved by God's grace and 
called to work for the Lord? We must stay with and not stray from the 
"Word of Truth." Remember what 2 Timothy 2:15 teaches,

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to 
be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

One of the major tragedies of our present age is that men and women are 
detouring and even departing from the truth of God's Word. There is a 
tendency to substitute tradition for Truth, a tendency to read, study, 
and quote books instead of the Book. In 2 Timothy 2:13 we are told that 
men's words will eat as a cancer because they have "erred" from the 
truth. This is serious and dangerous and leads to all kinds of spurious 
and false teachings that lead astray.

In 2 Timothy 3:7-8, we read of those who were "ever learning and never 
able to come to the knowledge of truth." We wonder what these stupid 
people were learning! And then, sadly, they went so far as to "resist 
the truth." Often this is strong resistance and outright opposition to 
the truth. Finally in 2 Timothy 4:4, we read, "and they shall turn away 
their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables." What a 
downsizing! The results of not "staying the course" concerning the truth 
of God's Word were evident then and are surely evident today.

"That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried 
about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning 
craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive:" (Eph. 4:14)

"The truth often hurts, but it is the lie that leaves the scars."

We must "stay the course" concerning the "gospel of the grace of God," 
and the blessed hope it gives to those who have believed. A lot of false 
teaching goes under the heading of "the gospel." Most of it goes under 
the heading of "works."

Works to be saved, works to earn a place in heaven, works so your good 
ones outnumber your bad ones and maybe, just maybe, you will make it in 
the end. All of this nonsense leaves out the finished work of our Lord 
Jesus Christ who died for our sins, according to the Scriptures; who was 
buried, and who rose again the third day according to the Scriptures (1 
Cor. 15:3-4). That is the true gospel. Read Ephesians 2:8-10 and 
substantiate this great, grand, glorious, good news! Let's stay with 
God's grace when we speak of the gospel. The hope of the gospel is 
Christ Himself.

"To whom God would make known what are the riches of the glory of this 
mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you the hope of glory." 
(Col. 1:27)

What wonderful, practical, personal directives result in "staying the 
course." Going back to 1 Corinthians 15:58, we are to be stedfast—this 
means to stand firm. We don't see much of this in "religion" today. "Go 
with the flow" is more than a saying; it is often the rule. 
Entertainment instead of worship draws the crowds. "How to" books on 
every conceivable subject are the best sellers and often the source of 
conversation. Role models are those of the music, athletic, and media 
fields. They are often spoken of as "icons." By standard dictionary 
definition, an icon is a religious image worshipped by most Eastern 
religions, an object of uninitiated devotion! Further, an "iconoclast" 
is one who attacks established beliefs! Yet, men and women are loosely 
called "icons." All of this causes human beings to forget the Lord and 
that He alone is the Saviour of all mankind. The only One we should worship.

We are told to be "unmovable" or "immovable." We shouldn't be "tossed to 
and fro" by every wind of doctrine (Eph. 4:14) but stand our ground on 
the truth of the Word, even if the "wind" is a hurricane. The last word 
to consider in a practical directive is "abounding." It means "exceeding 
abundantly above" all the tribulation, tragedies, trials, and 
trepidations that beset us all. We are to "abound in hope" (Rom. 15:13); 
"abound in the work of the Lord" (1 Cor. 15:58); "abound in faith, 
utterance, knowledge, diligence, and in love" (2 Cor. 8:7); and 
"abounding in thanksgiving" (Col. 2:7).

To conclude, when we "stay the course" we shall know that our labor is 
not in vain! What a promise, what encouragement, what a hope! Let's 
"stay the course!"

Our Purpose and Mission

*GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET*
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 24 Jul 2014, 8:12 pm

*WHY DID GOD CREATE? *
*By Dr. Wm. Hallman*

Scripture Reading: Gen.1:1; Psalms 33:1-22

In Hebrew there are just seven words in this opening sentence. They are 
composed of 28 letters (4x7). The subject and predicate have 14 letters 
each (2x7). The objects, "the heavens and the earth," have 7 letters 
each. Such perfection is outstanding and noteworthy. This verse also 
contains the five factors which are considered a manifestation of the 
unknowable. They are: Time - "In the beginning," Force,- "God," Motion, 
- "created," Space, - "The Heavens," and Matter, - "the earth."

God created, first of all, To Declare His Pleasure. "For thy pleasure 
they are and were created" (Rev. 4:11). God, not only, has natural and 
moral attributes, but also social. There are such attributes as concord, 
unity, fraternity, design and beauty in His nature. So here, in 
creation, He displays the delights of Deity.

He also created, To Demonstrate His Power. "Great is our God, and of 
great power" (Ps. 147:4-5). How big is the universe? Astronomers measure 
distance by "Light Years." Light travels 186,000 miles a second. 
Multiply this by the number of seconds in a year, and one has a "Light 
Year." They say the nearest fixed star is some 11 light years away. "By 
Him all things consist" (Col. 1:17). He is the One Who upholdeth all 
things by His power.

Creation also Displays His Perfection. "The wondrous works of Him which 
is perfect in knowledge" (Job 37:16). Any part of God's universe will 
show forth exquisite beauty, symmetry of design, and absolute 
perfection. Whether it be the tiny snow flake or the unwanted dandelion 
flower, they are beyond man's ability to duplicate in perfection.

But, best of all, He created To Determine His Purpose. All things were 
created by Christ and for Him (Col. 1:16). Here creation is set in the 
context of redemption. Before each object of this verse (1:1) there is a 
particle composed of the first and last letters of the Hebrew alphabet. 
aleph and tau. Meditate on this in the light of Isa. 41:4; 44:6: Rev. 
1:8,11. Yes, this verse determines His purpose in Redemption and 
Reconciliation.

2Co 12:9 And He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My 
power is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore I will rather 
glory in my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may overshadow me.
*“You don't need to see the way if you follow the one that is the Way.” *
*— Author Unknown *

*GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET 

Come, Become, Overcome, Welcome
By John LaVier

Come

What a wonderful word of invitation, found many times over on the pages 
of Holy Writ. In the early chapters of the Bible we hear God's call to 
Noah: "Come thou and all thy house into the ark." In the middle of the 
Book is His invitation of old: "Come now, and let us reason together; 
though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though 
they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." Also through Isaiah He 
said: "Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that 
hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk 
without money and without price." In the last chapter of the Bible an 
invitation is still extended: "The Spirit and the bride say, Come. And 
let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And 
whomever will, let him take the water of life freely." All through the 
Bible, from Genesis to Revelation, and in every age, God calls sinful 
man to Himself. The Saviour says, "Come unto Me, all ye that labor and 
are heavy laden, and I will give you rest," and the promise is made, 
"Him that cometh to Me I will in no wise cast out." Of course, John 6:44 
is true: "No man can come to Me, except the Father which hath sent Me 
draw him." Salvation is all of God, from first to last, and thus we 
sing: "He drew me, and I followed on, charmed to confess the voice divine."

Become

First we come and then we become! We become saints, saved by the grace 
of God. We become sons; sons of God through faith in Christ, for "as 
many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, 
even to them that believe on His name." We become heirs; heirs of God 
and joint-heirs with Christ. We become the righteousness of God in 
Christ, and accepted and complete in Him. We become without condemnation 
in Christ, justified by His blood. We become new creatures, for "if any 
man be in Christ, he is a new creation: old things are passed away; 
behold, all things are become new." We become members of the Body of 
Christ, made one with Him who is the Head and joined to Him in a union 
that can never be broken. We become citizens of heaven, raised up with 
Christ and seated in the heavenlies in Him. We become partakers of the 
inheritance of the saints in light, awaiting that day when we shall be 
manifested with Christ in glory. We become ambassadors for Christ, 
entrusted with the wonderful message of grace and reconciliation. We 
become the workmanship of God, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, 
for having become saints, we are now to walk as becometh saints. We are 
to "speak the things which become sound doctrine," and our manner of 
life is to be "as it becometh the gospel of Christ."

Overcome

The Apostle John, in his epistles, and also in the Apocalypse, has much 
to say about overcomers and overcoming. However, this language is not to 
be found in the Pauline letters addressed to us. In them we are seen as 
being "in Christ," seated with Him "far above all" and with "all things 
under His feet." As members of the Body of Christ we are seen as having 
already overcome all "in Him." In ourselves there is nothing but 
failure, but in Him there is nothing but victory. We can do nothing in 
our own strength, but "we can do all things through Christ which 
strengtheneth us." Of ourselves, we are weak, but we can be "strong in 
the Lord, and in the power of His might." We need never know defeat, for 
"we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us." To be "more 
than conqueror" means to be unconquerable. We can overcome the world, 
the flesh, and the devil; not in our own strength, but in Him. The same 
power that raised Christ from the dead is operative in us, and we are to 
reckon ourselves dead to sin but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our 
Lord. We are to yield ourselves unto God, as those alive from the dead, 
and our members as instruments of righteousness unto God. We are to be 
filled with the Holy Spirit. Then we have the victory that overcomes 
all, and can exult: "Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to 
triumph in Christ."

Welcome

The word welcome is not to be found in the Bible, but certainly the 
thought is many times expressed. In that which has been referred to as 
his swan song, Paul wrote: "For I am now ready to be offered, and the 
time of my departure is at hand ... Henceforth there is laid up for me a 
crown of righteousness, which the Lord the righteous Judge, shall give 
me at that day; and not to me only, but unto all them also that love His 
appearing." When the old warrior penned these words he was doubtless 
anticipating the glad welcome by his Lord in glory, and not only His 
welcome but also His "well done." And surely it will be a royal welcome 
for each one of the Lord's own. He who loved us, and gave himself for 
us, must even now be eagerly waiting for that day when He shall return 
"with grace on His brow, like a halo of glory, to receive from the world 
"His own."

O Lord Jesus, how long,
How long, ere we shout the glad song,
Christ returneth! Hallelujah!
Hallelujah! Amen. Hallelujah! Amen!

Our Purpose and Mission

*GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET*
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 22 Jul 2014, 10:03 pm

SECOND THESSALONIANS
by James Krieg

2 Th:3, 4. "Lest anyone might deceive you according to any manner. 
Because the day of the Lord cannot come except that the apostasy might 
come first and the man of lawlessness might be revealed, the son of 
destruction, the one who opposes and lifts himself over everything being 
called god or holy to the extent that he sits in the temple of God, 
showing himself that he is God."

In verses 1 and 2 we found that a forged letter was sent to Thessalonica 
proporting that the Great Tribulation had already started. This 
disturbed many people concerning their understanding of the coming of 
the Lord.

The second half of verse 3 and verse 4 do not make a complete sentence 
if translated word for word from the Greek text. We need to bring down 
the thought of "the day of the Lord" from verse 2. Therefore I have 
included it in my translation but in light print.

The meaning of the revelation of the man of lawlessness is virtually 
undisputed. So, we will examine this first, and it will help us most 
accurately know what "the apostasy" is.

Verse 4 tells us that this man will lift himself above everything called 
god or holy and sit down in the temple of God to prove that he is god. 
This corresponds perfectly to Daniel 11:36.

(Dan 11:36) Then the king will do as he pleases, and he will exalt and 
magnify himself above every god, and he will speak monstrous things 
against the God of gods, and he will prosper until the indignation is 
finished, for that which is decreed will be done. (NASV)

Speaking of the same event Daniel says:

Dan 11:31. And forces from him will arise, desecrate the sanctuary 
fortress, and do away with the regular sacrifice. And they will set up 
the abomination of desolation. (NASV)

The abomination of desolation is when this man of lawlessness sits in 
the temple, and we see that coincide with the doing away of the regular 
sacrifice. Daniel 9:27 tells us that this will happen in the middle of 
the seven year tribulation.

Dan 9:27. And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, 
but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain 
offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes 
desolate, even until a great destruction, one that is decreed, is poured 
out on the one who make desolate. (NASV)

In Daniel 9:27 we see an event that precedes the abomination. "He will 
make a covenant with the many for one week." This event begins the last 
week, that is, the seven years of tribulation, the Day of the Lord. Who 
are "the many"? In the context of Daniel we are only dealing with the 
nation of Israel, Jews. They will turn away from God and sign a covenant 
with the man of lawlessness. This helps us understand the "apostasy" in 
Thessalonians.

The word "apostasy" is a transliteration from "ano" (from) and (to 
stand); hence, a standing from. Acts 21:21 is the only other time this 
noun is used in the New Testament. "They told concerning you [Paul] that 
you teach apostasy [to forsake (KJV)] from Moses."

But the word is used in the Septuagint and always depicts a "standing 
from" God: Joshua 22:22, rebellion toward God; 2 Chron. 28:19, departure 
from God; 2 Chron. 33:19, unfaithfulness; Jeremiah 2:19, wickedness.

Kenneth Wuest gives the translation of "departure," that is, the 
departure of the church (1 Thess. 4:13-18), emphasizing the basic 
meaning. This is an interesting thought and a possible interpretation. 
But every time the word is used, it has a negative connotation, so I 
favor the concept of apostasy or rebellion.

Kittle says that this is an apostasy by Christians. But nowhere else 
does the Bible speak of Christians, the Body of Christ, going into such 
an apostate condition.

Based on the dominant usage meaning of "anoaraala" (apostasy, rebellion) 
and the close association by context with the event that marks the 
middle of the Tribulation, we must conclude that the apostasy is the 
very event that marks the beginning of the Tribulation; the Jews "make a 
firm covenant" with the man of lawlessness (Dan. 9:27) and rebel in 
apostasy from God. (cf. Daniel 11:23; "make an alliance")

In the first half of the Tribulation, relative calm will exist (Dan. 
11:23, 24), but in the middle, after the man of lawlessness exalts 
himself above everything called god (Dan. 11:36, 37), God will rain His 
wrath down upon the earth. It will be a time of great horror (Dan. 12:1, 2).

This is the horror with which the pseudo apostles hope to shake the 
Thessalonians.

So, let's see where we are in chapter 2. Paul asks the Thessalonians not 
to be shaken by false information to the effect that the Day of the Lord 
has started and is continuing lest they be deceived. They should know 
that the apostasy must come first (npwrov), the signing of the covenant 
with the man of lawlessness, the event that begins the seven year 
countdown of the Tribulation. And then, three and one-half years later, 
this man will be revealed when he sets himself in the temple of God.

Since the Thessalonians had seen neither of these events, they did not 
have to fear that they were in the midst of the Day of the Lord and 
especially His wrath upon the earth.

The same is true today. Unless you see these events, you need have no 
fear that you are in the middle of God's wrath upon the earth. And it 
will become clear in the ensuing verses that no member of the Body of 
Christ will ever see either one of these events.

On the other hand, those who do not know Christ have only this fearful 
expectation before them. Only Jesus Christ can rescue from the wrath to 
come (1 Thess. 1:10).

*GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET*
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 21 Jul 2014, 2:28 pm

THE 400 SILENT YEARS BETWEEN THE TESTAMENTS *
*Part 4 of 4 Conclusion*
*by Dr. Timothy F. Conklin*

"Meanwhile in India, by a different route, the same basic problem led to
a rather similar kind pessimistic solution---the goal being individual
extinction, not by suicide, but by the destruction of all personal
desire, the achievement of Nirvana. This was the annihilation of
individual identity" (which is Nihilism).

"Such then was the fruit of philosophy uncorrected and unenlightened in
its development by revelation. The search for the meaning of life was a
dismal failure and resulted in almost universal pessimism. The answer
was suicide or abandonment of all self-restraint or the negation of all
human responsiveness. It was really the annihilation of man as man,
while God was both unknown and unknowable." (Arthur Custance).

This is what the apostle Paul wrote in I Corinthians 1:20-21...

"Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher
of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For
since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know
him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to
save those who believe."

When God had allowed the world to become completely ready-- "in the
fullness of time" Galatians 4:4-- God broke His silence with the
revelation of Him Who alone was "the way, the truth and the life." Then
and only then was hope restored to a world which seemed to have accepted
hopelessness as an inescapable fact of life. Into this morass comes
Jesus, who said '"

*"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened,*
*and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you *
*and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart,*
*and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy*
*and my burden is light" (Matthew 11:30) *

Our Purpose and Mission

We are dedicated to helping Christians to a fuller knowledge of Him,and
the Grace of God. Until we all come into the Unity, Ephesians 4:13"Till

We are wiling to help you on this journey just give us a call, 1 623546
8866, Paris

Would you like to help this ministry? Consider asking one other person
to subscribe to the GRACE DAILY INSPIRATIONAL. This world wide ministry
asks for no funds and is sent to glorify our precious Lord and Savior,
Jesus Christ, AND TO HELP YOU TO GROW IN GRACE AND KNOWLEDGE.

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET

JUST WHAT IS THE CHRISTIAN LIFE?

Is the Christian life just a process of believing the Christian
doctrines, going to church, doing our "bit" for the church and Jesus?Is
that it?

Sad to say, that is about all that "it" is for many. Is this what
God had in mind when He gave His only Son to die on a cross? If it
is,then all the facts which we believe with incredible tenacity are
nothing more than evangelical fiction.

Jesus didn't die on a cross to give us facts of history, or His
story, as some have said. He gave us the facts concerning Himself in
order that the facts would function within and through us. The question
that looms large in my mind is, "How do these facts function?" How can I
as a believer have the fact of His indwelling function within me?

Ready? Here's how! Paul, the apostle, writing to the Thessalonians
in his first epistle, chapter 5, verse 18 says, "In every thing give
thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."This
is not a suggestion of something we might think about as a good idea.
This is an imperative, a command.

How can we possibly "Give thanks in every situation," you ask? I
know of only one way. In the knowledge that He, the Lord Jesus, is in
absolute control of every circumstance with which we will ever be
confronted.

We have the privilege of thanking Him in advance for what He is
going to do. We can rest in His ability in response to our availability.

There is a catch. Verse 19 of 1 Thessalonians 5, "Quench not the
Spirit." Ominous words. Within the context, how does one "quench the
Spirit?" Quite simply, by not giving thanks. Another way to put it is to
grumble and complain. We cannot give thanks and whine at the same time.
It is impossible.

If we want the activity of God to cease in our life, all we need to do
is grumble and complain.

Col 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts,
to the which also ye are called in one body;
and be ye thankful.
Col 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell
in you richly in all wisdom;
teaching and admonishing one another in psalms
and hymns and spiritual songs,
singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

*Our Purpose and Mission

546 8866, Paris

*GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET*
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 19 Jul 2014, 10:36 pm

*THE 400 SILENT YEARS BETWEEN THE TESTAMENTS *
*Part 2* of 4

Consequently, between the Book of Malachi, the last Scripture of the Old 
Testament----and the Book of Matthew--- the first in the New 
Testament---there is a period of 400 silent years.

This period of "silence" is twofold. First, in the sense that God gave 
no public manifestations of His power or presence. Secondly, in the 
sense God withheld during this era any further Divine revelation in 
written form.

Considering this, the great question is, "Why?"

The answer seems to be that humanity, having rejected in disbelief the 
absolutes and the principles God gave in the Old Testament, were then 
left to grope and flounder after "the meaning of life" utilizing only 
their own human resources.

This period after the close of the Old Testament and before the birth of 
Jesus Christ reflects the profoundest search for the ultimate meaning of 
"truth" and "life" the unaided autonomous human intellect has ever made.

Suddenly, seven world religions appeared within fifty years of each 
other. In the Middle East, Zoroastrianism; in India, Jainism, Buddhism 
and Hindu reforms; and China, Taoism and Confucianism; within Israel, 
the development of Judaism.

Furthermore, this era became the "Golden Age" of Greece and the great 
western philosophers;
Pericles, Zeno, Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, et al.

All these religions and philosophies had one thing in common---they 
emphasized Man as Savior. Some were pessimistic and irrational, 
stressing the illusory character of the human ego and the limitations of 
human thought; one is saved by losing individual desire altogether. 
Others were optimistic and rational stressing ethics and doing good; one 
is saved by good works.

For philosophy, reasoning after "truth" became the paramount pursuit, 
while pursuing holiness was ignored or forgotten altogether. It was no 
longer a matter of faith in divine revelation, but merely a quest for 
new lines of intellectual inquiry.

Continued tomorrow
*Our Purpose and Mission

546 8866, Paris

*GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET*

*Part 3* of 4

Greek philosophy taught humankind there was no faith, no hope no 
certainty because nothing is quite true---the only wise course is to 
doubt everything. The scholar replaced the prophet, and reason took the 
place of revelation. It was a time of disillusionment and pessimism.

Both religion and philosophy became models of an exalted humanism. Deny 
self and desire and become one with nothing, or embrace everything and 
live without restraint. Suicide or annihilism on the one hand; 
debauchery and orgy on the other.

So, Apart from his sovereign providence, God withdrew Himself in the 
years between the Testaments immediately preceding the birth of Jesus 
Christ. He was "silent" as He allowed human- kind to wrestle mightily 
with his own resources to unravel the ultimate meaning of life. But such 
meaning, as he had already so powerfully revealed in the Old Testament, 
cannot be found until humankind has first come personally face to face 
with their God.

When one abandons God, one abandons hope and hopelessness becomes an 
inescapable fact of life. The "Golden Age" of human achievement was 
permitted to run its course in order that God might show in the most 
dramatic terms the inability of humankind to discover the meaning of 
life without the aid of Divine revelation.

"Both Zeno and Clenanthes (his successor in the school of Stoics) 
committed suicide. Tacitus, Suetonius, Pliny, Seneea, and many other 
writers of the times underscored the frequency of suicide under the 
empire. In Trajan's time, suicide had become almost a national pastime; 
the number of Latin phrases to describe it accordingly multiplied to an 
extraordinary degree! The more violent solution was essentially Roman 
but even in Greece it had led to such a total resignation to the 
'bludgeonings of chance that men in the end either sought to escape the 
hurts and cruelties of fate and the boredom of life by allowing them- 
selves no feelings whatsoever (which is Stoicism), or by abandoning all 
restraint and adopting a policy of eating and drinking and being merry 
and living only for the pleasure of the moment (which Epicureanism).

*THOUGHT FOR THIS WEEK

You and I have a terrible time letting go. We ask God to help us with a 
problem, but we keep worrying about it. We carry our burdens to the foot 
of the cross, lay them down, then hook a toe on them and drag them with 
us when we leave! Jesus said, "Come to me, all you who are weary and 
burdened and I will give you rest." He didn't mean, "Come tell me your 
problems, but go fix them yourself." He meant, "come tell your problems, 
and then forget about them. They're my problems now.

Our Purpose and Mission

We read in in Ephesians. 1:18 "The eyes of your understanding being 
enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of His calling, and what 
the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints," and in 
Colossians 2:2 " That their hearts might be comforted, being knit 
together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of 
understanding, to the acknowledgment (epignosis) true knowledge of the 
mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ".

We are wiling o help you on this journey just give us a call, 1 623 546 
8866, Paris

*GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET*
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 17 Jul 2014, 8:48 pm

*Part 1*
In the broad scope of the biblical perspective of the history of 
humankind, we fully realize God's intended kingdom on earth through Adam 
and his progeny was overthrown in the Garden of Eden by Satan's wiles. 
The Devil usurped the scepter of rule from Adam and became the master of 
the world system, wresting it from Divine oversight to demonic dominance.

Nonetheless, in God's eternal plan, He provided the way and the means 
for the continuance of the people of God amidst the broken and shattered 
and anti-God governance all around them. These two diametrically opposed 
systems are often referred to as the Kingdom of God versus the Kingdom 
of Man (understanding that the Kingdom of Man is under the sway of Sin 
and Satan).

From Adam forward, the people, of God were represented by extraordinary 
and faithful patriarchs who passed along as best they could the truths 
of God to their families.

When the Devil's devices became nearly universal in their deception and 
disruption of God's truth, God called Abram to become the progenitor of 
not merely a family but a nation. The covenant God gave Abraham and the 
subsequent nation of Israel, continued and enhanced an alternative 
biblical counter-culture antithetical to the Kingdom of Man.

The Kingdom of God was manifested, then, through promises, traditions 
and special revelation sustained by individuals and families and then 
through prescriptive laws and principles and prophets through the 
covenanted privileges of Israel.

During this time God had clearly revealed and exhibited to humankind His 
framework for a godly society and lifestyle. The biblical framework for 
life given in the Old Testament is evident and abundant. Psalm 1 is an 
excellent summary of key features of biblical godliness.

But at the close of the Old Testament, the nation of Israel collapsed in 
rebellion and unbelief, first ignoring and then rejecting the 
foundational truths God had revealed to them, and through them to the world.

Continued tomorrow

*Our Purpose and Mission

546 8866, Paris
*GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET*
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 16 Jul 2014, 7:32 pm

*FAITH IN THE RIGHT PERSON*
*By C. R. Stam*

Abraham's faith in God was strong. When God called him to forsake his 
family, friends and country, he obeyed and "went forth, not knowing 
whither he went." When God promised to multiply his seed as the stars of 
heaven, he believed it, though childless. When, in his old age, God 
promised that he would still have a son by ninety-year-old Sarah, he 
believed it even though he had waited so long, seemingly in vain. When 
God promised to give his seed the land in which he had sojourned, he 
believed it, though all reason argued against it. When God asked him to 
offer in sacrifice the son born so late in life, the son upon whom all 
the promises depended, he obeyed, concluding that it must be God's plan 
to raise him from the dead!

Such was Abraham's faith in God! Three times this is emphasized in 
Romans 4 alone: He was "not weak in faith" (Ver. 19); he "staggered not 
at the promise of God through unbelief," but was "strong in faith" (Ver. 
20). But it was not the strength of Abraham's faith that saved him; it 
was the fact that the object of his faith was God (See again Gen. 15:6). 
He had placed his faith in the right Person. His faith became "strong" 
only because he had heard and believed God in the first place.

"For what saith the Scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted 
unto him for righteousness," and thus "to him that worketh not, but 
believeth on Him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for 
righteousness" (Rom. 4:3,5).

The simplest, humblest believer, who ever so feebly commits himself to 
God and His Word, is "justified freely by His grace through the 
redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Rom. 3:24).

Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, 
which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created 
all things by Jesus Christ

Dear God of faithfulness, how delightful to realize that my persistence 
of faith in You hinges on Your faithfulness toward me. I see that I can 
continue to depend upon You, because you are fully faithful to me. What 
expectation this gives me as I consider Your great promises! You will be 
faithful to fulfill every one of them, as I place my trust in You! AM

*GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 15 Jul 2014, 2:47 pm

HIS PROMISE IN CHRIST
By Donald Webb

Scripture Reading: Ephesians 3:6

Ephesians 3:6 might be better understood if stated thus: "That the
Gentiles should be joint heirs, and a joint body, and joint partakers of
His promise in Christ by the gospel." This verse is actually answering
the question "what is the mystery?" What is the mystery or secret
(verses 3 and 4) which was not made known in other ages (verse 5) but
now made known by revelation to Paul (verses 3 and 5)? It is that the
Gentiles should be joint heirs, a joint body, and joint partakers of
God's promise! We might ask "joint with whom?" With the Jew (2:11-18)!
We would further ask "joint in what?" Joint in a new heavenly organism,
the Body of Christ. The secret is that in this hitherto unprophesied age
of grace believing Jews and Greeks are now reconciled into one new
man---a joint body---by the cross (2:15,16). Israel and her kingdom
program have been set aside and now our greater commission is to "make
all men see what is the fellow-ship of the mystery" (Ephesians 3:9)!

But what are we joint heirs to? We're joint heirs to inherit the
salvation of God (2:5-10). Next we're a joint body, that is that any
man, without national distinction, upon believing the gospel is placed
into this new organism---the Body of Christ (I Corinthians 12:13).
Finally, we're joint partakers of His promise in Christ by the gospel.
What is His promise in Christ? It is the divine principle which God
promised before the world began but did not fully reveal until Paul,
that of eternal life in Christ for all (Jews or Greeks) who believe the
gospel (Titus 1:2; 3:4-7). This promise is centered in Christ i.e., the
finished work he accomplished on Calvary's cross. It is assured by God's
own faithfulness to His immutable counsel and oath. It is received
through believing the gospel of grace. How wonderful to know and
proclaim the secret!

THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK

If we would see ourselves as God sees us ---
in all the perfections of the
Beloved in Whom
we have been engraced so fully
and loved so deeply -
we would reflect more of what
we have been made to be "in Christ".
Keith McDonald

1Co 1:30 "..... of him are ye in Christ Jesus,
who of God is made unto us wisdom,
and righteousness,
and sanctification,
and redemption"

Eph 3:9 "And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery,
which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created
all things by Jesus Christ"

*Our Purpose and Mission

546 8866, Paris

*GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET*
THE POWER OF THE RESURRECTION

More often than not, this is the month in which we celebrate the
resurrection of Jesus Christ. To a few this is a myth, to some a fact,
but to many it is a blessed hope!

How many people fully understand and comprehend the power of Jesus
Christ's resurrection? How many Christians are allowing themselves to be
energized and governed by that same power in their daily lives?

There are two great verses in Philippians, chapter three,
concerning the power of the resurrection. In Philippians 3:10 we read,
''that I may know him, and the power of his resurrection." In
Philippians 3:21 we read, "who, by the power that enables him to bring
everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that
they will be like his glorious body" (NIV). The first verse concerns the
power of the resurrection enjoyed and revealed morally. The second
concerns the power of the resurrection enjoyed and revealed physically.
Therefore, the resurrection has a moral as well as physical aspect.

One day the believers will exhibit Christ's physical glory in
resurrection; Philippians 3:21, "who shall change [transform or change
the fashion of] our vile body [body of humiliation], that it may be
fashioned like [to be conformed] unto his glorious body [the body of
glory]." Ken Taylor has paraphrased this verse thusly: "When He comes
back He will take these dying bodies of ours and change them into
glorious bodies like His own ... " This truth assures believers of
immortality (see also 1 Corinthians 15:14-20,51-53, and 2 Corinthians
5:1-61). After penning the truth in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17, concerning
the resurrection of the saints in this dispensation, Paul concluded by
saying, "Wherefore comfort one another with these words" (v.18). The
truth of immortality is a tremendous comfort to the child of God.

But in Philippians 3:10, the power mentioned assures the believer
of justification (Rom. 4:24,25; 1 Corinthians 15:17). To be justified
means to be declared righteous because of the imputation of divine
righteousness (Rom. 3:24,25; 2 Corinthians 5:21). This justification
brings "peace with God;" "Therefore being justified by faith we have
peace with God" (Rom. 5:1 ).

Secondly, the power in this verse raises up the believer
spiritually with Christ. How? By identification (Rom. 6:3,4; Col. 2:12).

Thirdly, the power allows the believer to triumph over sin and
produce the fruit of the Spirit in his/ her life. The Greek word
translated ''to know" in Philippians 3:10 means ''to know by
experience." Paul wanted the same power surging through his own being,
that raised Christ from the dead, which helps believers over-come sin in
their lives and produces the Christian graces. The Greek word for power
in this verse is dunamis.

There are two aspects to this Greek word; one relates to that which
overcomes resistance (Rom. 6:6, 14, 17, 18), our word dynamite; the
second refers to inherent power, the power to reproduce itself (Gal.
2:20; 5:22,23), our word dynamo.

What power was it that raised Christ from the dead? According to
Romans 8:11 it was the Holy Spirit. How do we, then, appropriate this
resurrection power? By faith--(Eph.1:15,16,19,20) and by yielding to the
Holy Spirit (Eph. 5:18; Rom. 6:13, 16). It is said of the disciples in
Acts 1:8 that they would receive power "after that the Holy Spirit is
come upon you." You and I, as children of God, have this power
continually at our disposal in this dispensation of grace because of the
presence of the Holy Spirit indwelling our bodies (1 Cor. 6:19).

One of the great tragedies of the Christian life is unrealized, and
therefore unused, power. As we will exhibit Christ's physical glory in
resurrection, so should we exhibit His moral glory in daily conduct. So
often we are willing to believe a divine fact (physical resurrection)
but are not willing to be energized and governed by the same divine fact
(power for victorious living). Philippians 3:10 must be true in your
life before Philippians 3:21can be a hope. Remember, resurrection is a
demonstration of Christ's power and Calvary is a demonstration of
Christ's love (Rom. 5:6-8).

Unknown Author

ONLY FROM HIS WORD.

There, and there alone can we Get to know Him.
There alone shall we learn
the fulness of the Spirit's prayer for us in Eph. 1:17;
and the blessed practical outcome of it in
Col. 1:9,10.
*GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET*
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum