Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 115 on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 3:20 pm
Latest topics
» REVELATION TV Live PROGRAMS- BIBLE STUDY & MIDDLE EAST REPORT
What every Christian needs to know about Passover EmptyToday at 11:28 am by Admin

» WAR DRUMS
What every Christian needs to know about Passover EmptyToday at 10:10 am by Admin

» BIRTH PANGS – Series of Powerful Earthquakes Volcano's Strike Around the Globe
What every Christian needs to know about Passover EmptyToday at 10:09 am by Admin

» ENDTIME HEADLINES
What every Christian needs to know about Passover EmptyToday at 9:54 am by Admin

» servant @ TWO LISTENERS
What every Christian needs to know about Passover EmptyToday at 9:45 am by Admin

» Daily Disciples
What every Christian needs to know about Passover EmptyToday at 9:43 am by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
What every Christian needs to know about Passover EmptyToday at 9:41 am by Admin

» BREITBART NEWS
What every Christian needs to know about Passover EmptyYesterday at 11:32 pm by Admin

» WORLD ISRAEL NEWS
What every Christian needs to know about Passover EmptyYesterday at 11:11 pm by Admin

» How to Say "Praying for You" and Really Mean It
What every Christian needs to know about Passover EmptyYesterday at 10:58 pm by Admin

» Psalm 61:5 What a beautiful relationship king David had with the Lord
What every Christian needs to know about Passover EmptyYesterday at 10:33 pm by Admin

» Delrifkah: HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY.
What every Christian needs to know about Passover EmptyYesterday at 10:16 pm by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
What every Christian needs to know about Passover EmptyYesterday at 9:54 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
What every Christian needs to know about Passover EmptyYesterday at 9:25 pm by Admin

» Trump Stuns: Ilhan Omar 'Was Married to Her Brother?'
What every Christian needs to know about Passover EmptyYesterday at 9:23 pm by Admin

»  HOLOCAUST STUDIES
What every Christian needs to know about Passover EmptyYesterday at 6:31 pm by Admin

» THIS IS WHAT MIND CONTROL LOOKS LIKE
What every Christian needs to know about Passover EmptyYesterday at 6:17 pm by Admin

» THE MOON LANDING 50 YEARS LATER
What every Christian needs to know about Passover EmptyYesterday at 6:00 pm by Admin

» PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP
What every Christian needs to know about Passover EmptyYesterday at 5:53 pm by Admin

» OBAMA AGAIN
What every Christian needs to know about Passover EmptyYesterday at 5:47 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What every Christian needs to know about Passover

Go down

What every Christian needs to know about Passover Empty Why do we celebrate Passover - PESACH?

Post  Admin on Sat 16 Apr 2011, 11:27 pm

Why do we celebrate Passover - PESACH?

1st Day - April 18/19, 2011

Thousands of years ago, the Jewish people were commanded to keep the Passover to remind them that God had freed them from slavery in Egypt. Jesus himself celebrated the Passover. We can understand more about His teaching and what He did for us as we discover and celebrate the Passover ourselves.

Passover Seder Meal

Order for the Evening of Nisan 14/14

Haggadah

TELLING

At your place setting you have a booklet called a Haggadah (telling). For the person physically born as a Gentile this word is a mouthful; for the person physically born as a Jew it is what Grandpa pulled out, dusted off and read every year at Passover - Pesach. It is from the word used in Exodus 13:8: On that day tell your son, I do this because of what the LORD did for me when I came out of Egypt.

We also find the same thought in 1 Corinthians 11:26

“For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes.” This is a festive celebration. For both children and adults it is filled with seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting and touching. So enjoy!

Kadeish

BEING HOLY, SANCTIFICATION

We begin our Messianic Passover by praising God for this festival of freedom from sin in Yeshua (Jesus) and for this special time with family and friends. This prayer sets apart, or sanctifies, the meal as a memorial to our redemption by God.

Yeshua Ha Mashiach, rode into Jerusalem to these words inspired by Psalm 118:25-26:

"Hosanna!" "Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!" "Blessed is the King of Israel!" (John 12:13)

Yeshua celebrated His last Passover ( Pesach) with His disciples on TUESDAY evening, Nisan 13 - April 2, 30 AD in the upper room. Exodus 12 tells us that the lamb for the meal had been chosen four days earlier, on the day of His

Triumphal Entry: Nisan 10, March 30, 30 AD - Month 3

Passover - Pesach Observance

The observance of Passover is based on what was specified more than 3400 years ago in the Torah, the five books of Moses (particularly in Exodus 12; Leviticus 23:4-8; Numbers 28:16-25; Deuteronomy 16:1-8) and in Jewish tradition (the Mishnah and Talmud). The Passover Seder has varied little in essentials for many centuries.

To preserve the knowledge of traditional practices, a written outline was completed about 220 AD in the first part of the Talmud known as the Mishnah. Recorded are the memories of Pesach as observed before 70 AD when the temple was destroyed and sacrifices could no longer be offered.

Passover - Pesach Seder

The special meal for the Pesach is called the “seder” which means order. There is a set order for all the things done during this meal.

The seder as described in the Mishnah is much like the one practiced today in Jewish homes. Y'shua Himself observed the Pesach throughout His life on earth. Many of the prayers and blessings of this liturgy were known to Him. As we repeat them in Hebrew we may hear sounds similar to those that were on his lips and will praise the Father in phrases our Lord Himself used.

This Messianic seder is divided into three sections. During the first, we retrace the story of freedom for the Jewish people from slavery in Egypt. Then we will be reminded of our freedom from sin in Yeshua and look forward to the day when He will come back to claim His people. What happens during the last section? We eat!

PREPARING FOR THE SEDER

The Search for Leaven

(Chametz - that which is leavened)

Before Pesach begins all leaven (sin) in the home is searched out and removed. In the first month you are to eat bread made without yeast, from the evening of the fourteenth day until the evening of the twenty-first day. For seven days no yeast is to be found in your houses. (Exodus 12:18-19) This simple command has developed into a major and important ritual in preparing for the Pesach. In many homes the command has been expanded to include every speck of baking powder or other leavening agents. The housewife, who does not want to be guilty of disobeying this command, also removes all grain products that have the capability of becoming leavened.

The evening before the seder, the master of the house searches by candlelight for any crumbs that might remain after his wife has scrupulously cleaned the whole house. A kindly spouse will leave a morsel or two of leaven in a highly visible place. Then her husband will sweep it away with a feather into a wooden spoon and have maximum satisfaction in carrying out God's ordinance by actually finding apparently overlooked chametz.

All bread or leaven found is wrapped together and the following prayer is said: “All leaven or leavened bread in my possession that I have not seen, nor removed, nor known about is annulled and is useless, like the dust of the earth.”

Utensils used daily are most rigorously cleaned or they are set aside during Passover week. Many who observe Passover keep a set of utensils, crockery and cutlery reserved for Passover use only.

KJV 1 Corinthians 11

23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed (Tuesday, Nisan 13 in 30 AD - in the night hours that began Nisan 14 - during the Last Supper with the disciples before His death, Jesus) took bread:

24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

28 But let a man examine himself, (to remove the leaven - get sin out of His life) and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

Preparation of the Upper Room

On the first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, (Nisan 14 that begins at 6 PM on Nisan 13) when it was customary to sacrifice the Passover lamb, Jesus' disciples asked him, "Where do you want us to go and make preparations for you to eat the Passover?"

He sent two of his disciples, telling them, "Go into the city, and a man carrying a jar of water will meet you. Follow him. Say to the owner of the house he enters, 'The Teacher asks: Where is my guest room, where I may eat the Passover with my disciples?' He will show you a large upper room, furnished and ready. Make preparations for us there." The disciples left, went into the city and found things just as Jesus had told them. So they prepared the Passover. (Mark 14:12-16)
The Seder Plate

What every Christian needs to know about Passover PassoverPlate-1
These items are on the seder plate:

(Z roa - arm) A lamb’s shank bone

(Beitsa - egg)

The egg (Karpas)

A green vegetable

Parsley (Maror - bitter herb)

Bitter herbs (Charoset)

Lamb's Shank Bone

A lamb’s shank bone reminds us of the special lamb brought to the temple on Pesach as an offering to God; it represents the Passover lamb that was slain. This lamb can no longer be sacrificed so some eat chicken instead of lamb at the Passover Seder.

The bone reminds us of Deuteronomy 26:8 So the LORD brought us out of Egypt with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm ... In Exodus we read: “Tell the whole community of Israel that on the tenth day of this month (Nisan 10) each man is to take a lamb for his family, one for each household.” (Exodus 12:3)

“Take care of them until the fourteenth day of the month when all the people of the community of Israel must slaughter them at twilight. Then they are to take some of the blood and put it on the sides and tops of the door frames of the houses where they eat the lambs. That same night they are to eat the meat roasted over the fire, along with bitter herbs, and bread made without yeast.” (Exodus 12:6-8) “This is how you are to eat it: with your cloak tucked into your belt, your sandals on your feet and your staff in your hand. Eat it in haste; it is the LORD’S Passover.” (Exodus 12:11) “It must be eaten inside one house; take none of the meat outside the house. Do not break any of the bones.” (Exodus 12:46)

The lamb bone also reminds us of Y'shua, who was called "the Lamb which takes away the sin of the world." When, by faith, we apply his blood to our hearts, God's hand of judgment passes over our sins and we are saved. The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! (John 1:29) These things happened so that the scripture would be fulfilled: "Not one of his bones will be broken" (John 19:36) Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. Therefore let us keep the Festival. (Appointed Time of the Memorial - Nisan 14/15) (1 Corinthians 5:7-8)
Circumcision of our heart through faith in the blood shed by Jesus as our Passover Lamb causes death to passover us.

Beitsa - egg

The egg is usually referred to as the "chagigah" (festival offering). In ancient days, during the festivals of Pesach (Passover), Shavuot (Pentecost) and Sukkot (Tabernacles), the an offering would be brought to the temple to be roasted in honor of the holiday. At Pesach this offering also supplements the meat from the Passover lamb. The roasted egg reminds us of the sacrifice which could no longer be made after the destruction of the temple in 70 AD.
Karpas
A green vegetable reminds us that Pesach occurs during the spring, when new life brings a feeling of hope.

Parsley
Parsley is an additional green vegetable to remind us of the newness of Spring.
(Maror - bitter herb)

Bitter herbs, such as horseradish, remind us of the bitterness of slavery in . It seems fitting that this dish of maror should be tear producing!

(Charoset) A mixture of nuts, apples and wine reminds us of clay, the mud from which mOn the seder table

Yayin - wine
During the seder meal we will drink four cups of wine. They remind us of four of God’s promises of freedom.

Mei-melach - salt water

The salt water reminds us of the sad and

bitter tears shed by the Hebrews when they were slaves.

We will dip the karpas in the salt water.
Matzah - unleavened bread
The matzah in the matzah cloth with three pockets) reminds us that the Hebrews left before their bread could rise.

The three matzot (plural) remind us that God is one, yet three.
ade bricks for Pharoah.

Passover Meal - Jesus and 12 Disciples
When the hour came, Jesus and his apostles reclined at the table. And he said to them, "I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer. For I tell you, I will not eat it again until it finds fulfillment in the Kingdom of God."
(Luke 22:14-16)

Candles
According to tradition, the Israelites were redeemed from Egypt because of the pious women of that generation, considered to be more righteous than the men. It is therefore a woman's privilege to kindle the Sabbath and festival lights in the home.

Blessing Recited - Candles Lit

Host/Hostess stands and covers head.

At sunset, to usher in the new day and to sanctify the seder, the lady of the house lights the candles with blessings.

Host/Hostess may now light the candles and then recite:
Baruch ata Adonai Eloheinu Melech ha-olam asher natan lanu et mitzvotav V kidshanu b Yeishua Mishicheinu or ha-olam Anachnu madlikot neirot shel Pesach l zecher g ulateinu miavdut.

Blessed are You O LORD our God, King of the universe, Who gave us His commandments and sanctified us by Yeshua our Messiah, the light of the world. We kindle the lights of Passover for a remembrance of our redemption from bondage
Host/Hostess may now uncover head and sit down.

The Four Cups
Though not commanded in the Torah, the four cups of the Pesach are a very ancient tradition of the seder. In the Pesach story we are told four times (Exodus 6:6-7) that God promised freedom to His people. We remember each of those promises with a cup of wine.

First Cup: The Cup of Sanctification "I will bring you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians."

Second Cup: The Cup of Judgment "I will free you from being slaves to them.”

Third Cup: The Cup of Redemption "I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with mighty acts of judgment."

Fourth Cup: The Cup of Praise "I will take you as my own people."
THE CUP OF SANCTIFICATION

(THE FIRST CUP)

Host/Hostess: Fills the first cup for everyone.

With this first cup we remember the first promise God made to the Jewish people. "I will bring you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians." (from Exodus 6:6-7)

The word sanctification means "to separate." It is Yeshua who sanctifies us by grace through faith and separates us to live holy lives. After taking the cup, He gave thanks and said, "Take this and divide it among you. For I tell you I will not drink again of the fruit of the vine until the Kingdom of God comes." (Luke 22:17-18) (This cup is not the one mentioned in Luke 22:20)

Everyone raise the first cup.
THE CUP OF SANCTIFICATION

(THE FIRST CUP)

Host/Hostess: Fills the first cup for everyone.

With this first cup we remember the first promise God made to the Jewish people. "I will bring you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians." (from Exodus 6:6-7)

The word sanctification means "to separate." It is Yeshua who sanctifies us by grace through faith and separates us to live holy lives. After taking the cup, He gave thanks and said, "Take this and divide it among you. For I tell you I will not drink again of the fruit of the vine until the Kingdom of God comes." (Luke 22:17-18) (This cup is not the one mentioned in Luke 22:20)

Everyone raise the first cup.
Baruch ata Adonai Eloheinu Melech ha-olam borei p‟ri hagafen.
Everyone says: Blessed are you, O LORD our God, King of the universe, who creates the fruit of the vine.
Everyone: lean to the left and drink from the first cup.
Why do we lean? This will be explained later.

WASHING THE HANDS
Ancient Jewish tradition requires that hands must be washed before dipping food into any liquid. At this time only the host/hostess will ceremonially wash their hands in preparation to serve the meal by dipping their fingertips into the water and then drying them with the towel.
Host/Hostess: Ceremonially wash your hands.

Karpas EATING OF GREENS
As we say a blessing and eat a green herb or vegetable, we remember that it was springtime when the Pesach, and Yeshua’s sacrifice, took place. We dip the greens in salt water to remind us of the tears of slavery. The Jews were slaves in Egypt and we were all born slaves to sin.

All take a sprig of parsley from the plate and dip it into the salt water. Break off a piece of parsley .

Host/Hostess
Baruch ata Adonai Eloheinu Melech ha-olam borei p ri ha-adama

Everyone says:
Blessed are you, O LORD our God, King of the universe, who creates the fruit of the earth.
Everyone: eat the parsley dipped in salt water.

Yachats

BREAKING THE MATZOH
The matzah, or unleavened bread, that is used in the seder is kept in a linen cloth. Tonight each table has one. You can see that the cloth has three compartments to hold three matzot, which symbolizes a unity (echad). This is a whole, consisting of three parts.

There is no agreement among Jews as to why there are three matzot. But believers in Yeshua know it represents the tri-unity of one God: God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. (Deuteronomy 6:4)

Host/Hostess: Take the middle matzah and break it in two pieces. Put the smaller piece back between the other two pieces and wrap the larger piece in a separate napkin. This larger piece is now called the afikoman, which means "dessert." We will hide the afikoman until after the meal. Later we will find the afikoman and everyone will be invited to share a taste of it

Host/Hostess: Break the middle matzah in two. Place one half of the matzah in the unity and lay it on the table. Bring the other half to the head table.

All the children must now close their eyes while the afikoman is hidden. Once it is hidden, they may open their eyes.
KJV Revelation 2:17

. . . To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna . . .
(the Afikoman)
The Afikoman - The Hidden Manna is Jesus -
The Bread of Life
Our Passover Meal is Communion which is part of
the Christian Passover Sedar.

What every Christian needs to know about Passover Communion
Revelation 7:17
“For the Lamb
(Jesus – the bread of life – the Word of God)
shall feed them . . .”

THE SEVEN "I AMS" OF JESUS IN THE GOSPEL OF JOHN

"I am the Bread of Life" (John 6:35 and verses 48 and 51)

"I am the Light of the World" (John 8:12; John 9:39)
"I am the Door of the Sheep" (John 10:7 and 9)
"I am the Good Shepherd" (John 10:11 and 14)
"I am the Resurrection and the Life" (John 11:25 and 26)
"I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life" (John 14:6)
"I am the True Vine" (John 15:1 and 5)

TRIUMPHANT "I AMS" OF JESUS IN REVELATION

"I am Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the Ending"

(Revelation 1:8)
"I am Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last" (Revelation 1:11)
"I am the First and the Last" (Revelation 1:17)
"I am He that liveth and was dead; . . . and am alive forevermore" (Revelation 1:18)
"I am Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End" (Revelation 21:6)
"I am Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last" (Revelation 22:13)
"I am The Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star" (Revelation 22:16)

"I AMS" IN ISAIAH

"I am The LORD, the First and the Last, I am He" (Isaiah 41:4)
"Before the day was, I am He" (Isaiah 43:13)
"I am He that Blotteth out thy Transgressions" (Isaiah 43:25)
"I am The LORD that Maketh all Things" (Isaiah 44:24)
"Even to your Old Age, I am He" (Isaiah 46:4)
"I, even I, am He that Comforteth You" (Isaiah 51:12)
"I the LORD am thy Savior and thy Redeemer" (Isaiah 60:16)

There are twenty-eight others, for a total of 35.
John 8
58 Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you,

before Abraham was, I AM ."
59 Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them,

and so passed by.

They wanted to stone Him because in those words Jesus said that He is God: I am YHWH

(I am who I am). Yahweh means self-existent God - I am.

New King James - Exodus 3

13 Then Moses said to God, "Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, `The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they say to me, `What is His name?' what shall I say to them?''

14 And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM.'' And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, `I AM has sent me to you.' ''

15 Moreover God said to Moses, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel: `The Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is My name forever, and this is My memorial to all generations.'
New Jerusalem Bible - Exodus 3

13 Moses then said to God, "Look, if I go to the Israelites and say to them, `The God of your ancestors has sent me to you,' and they say to me, `What is his name?' what am I to tell them?"

14 God said to Moses, "I am he who is." And he said, "This is what you are to say to the Israelites, `I am has sent me to you.' "

15 God further said to Moses, "You are to tell the Israelites, `Yahweh, the God of your ancestors, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.' This is my name for all time, and thus I am to be invoked for all generations to come.

NJB Isaiah 43:3:
For I am Yahweh, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Saviour.

Yeshua means Yahweh is salvation - the Lord is salvation.

Death of Jesus - the Bread of Life -

the Afikoman was on Nisan 14

April 18, 2011
The Resurrection of Jesus -
The God Who Is was on Nisan 17
April 21, 2011

Afikoman

Jesus is the Word of God; He is the Hidden Manna. During the days of the Old Testament - the Old Covenant - the Afikoman of the Passover Meal pointed to what was to come through Jesus - the Hidden Manna - the true manna from Heaven - our Passover Lamb. (John 1:29 and 36)

Host/Hostess: pour the second cup for everyone.

Ma Nishtanah

WHY IS IT DIFFERENT?

This next section is developed from Exodus 12:25-27. When you enter the land that the LORD will give you as he promised, observe this ceremony. And when your children ask you, 'What does this ceremony mean to you?' then tell them, 'It is the Passover sacrifice to the LORD, who passed over the houses of the Israelites in and spared our homes when he struck down the Egyptians.'

The Four Questions
Child #1: Why is this night different from all other nights? On all other nights we may eat either leavened bread or matzah. Why on this night only matzah?
Child #2: On all other nights we eat all kinds of vegetables. Why on this night do we eat a bitter herb?
Child #3: On all other nights we are not required to dip our vegetables even once. Why on this night two times? First we dip karpas in salt water and then we dip maror in charoset.
Child #4: On all other nights we sit straight in our chairs. Why on this night do we lean to one side?

The Four Children
The Torah commands four times that the Jews must teach their children about the Exodus from . These four commands suggest that there are four kinds of children, each of whom learns in a different way.

God's Word will call to mind four types of sons: The wise, the wicked, and the simple one, The fourth who cannot ask why things are done. The wise son questions the father thus: "What mean these many laws to us Our God has given?" Tell him all There is to tell of the Festival.

In the future, when your son asks you, "What is the meaning of the stipulations, decrees and laws the LORD our God has commanded you?" tell him... (Deuteronomy 6:20-21) The wicked son asks, "What's this to you, The slavery of all you do?" The father answers sadly, "Lo! It seems God's love you do not know; He ransomed me long years ago." And when your children ask you, 'What does this ceremony mean to you?' then tell them, 'It is the Passover sacrifice to the LORD, who passed over the houses of the Israelites in and spared our homes when he struck down the Egyptians.'" (Exodus 12:26-27)

The simple son cries, "Dad, what's this?"
Complexities you may dismiss, But simply and with patience tell How God delivered . "In days to come, when your son asks you, 'What does this mean?' say to him, 'With a mighty hand the LORD brought us out of , out of the land of slavery. (Exodus 13:14) And as for him who cannot ask, The father has a happy task: He takes the symbols one by one And shows them to his silent son. On that day tell your son, 'I do this because of what the LORD did for me when I came out of .' (Exodus 13:8)

As believers in Y‟shua you must also be sensitive to how our children are asking about salvation and answer them appropriately.

Maggid

THE STORY
The leader now begins to tell the story of freedom from bondage in . This is also the evening when the means for whosoever believeth in The Truth has the means to be freed from the freedom of bondage to sin and its consequences.

This Pesach seder is a special way to remember a time when the God's people were slaves. With His help, they became free.

Jacob's son, Joseph, had been sold into slavery in by his brothers, but God had blessed him. He became second only to Pharaoh, the ruler of . With God‟s help Joseph was able to help all the Egyptian people avoid a famine. When Jacob discovered that Joseph was alive in and that there was plenty of food there, he came with the rest of his family from Canaan.

In those days, the Jewish people were called Hebrews, and they were a small group when they arrived in Egypt. It was the best of times, and the Hebrews grew in number and were happy.

About 400 years passed. “Then a new king, who did not know about Joseph, came to power in Egypt.” (Exodus 1:8) He was afraid of the large number of Hebrews in his country. He was afraid that the Jewish people would turn against him. The Pharaoh ordered that the Hebrew people become slaves. They were forced to work day and night to make bricks and build cities. It was a terrible time for the Jewish people!

The New Egyptian Pharaoh

The new Pharaoh made their lives bitter with hard labor in brick and mortar ... (Exodus 1:14) One of the items on the Passover Sedar Plate is a reminder of the bricks and mortar made by the Hebrews.

Charoset
A mixture of fruits, nuts, and wine; one of the symbolic Pesach (Passover) foods, its color and consistency are reminders of the bricks and mortar used by the Yisraelim slaves in Egypt.
God - The Hebrews
The Hebrews continued to multiply, so the king ordered that every newborn boy be killed. In faithfulness to His people, the LORD raised up a deliverer. His name was Moses.
God spoke to Moses from the burning bush. The LORD said,
"I have indeed seen the misery of my people in . I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering. So I have come down to rescue them from the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land into a good and spacious land, a land flowing with milk and honey...” (Exodus 3:7-8) “But I know that the king of will not let you go unless a mighty hand compels him. So I will stretch out my hand and strike the Egyptians with all the wonders that I will perform among them. After that, he will let you go.” (Exodus 3:19-20)

Ten Plagues
The ten plagues that the LORD inflicted upon punished them for their harsh treatment of His people and humiliated their "gods."

The Ten Plagues

As we name the plagues, take a drop of wine from your cup with your finger and allow it to drip onto your plate.
(Dam - blood)
There was BLOOD in all the water of . The Egyptians could not bathe. They could not take a drink. They could not water their flowers or crops. They could not enjoy a refreshing swim. The fish died and the river smelled horrible.

(Ts‟fardei-a - frogs)
Frogs hopped and croaked everywhere. No one could sleep, walk or play in peace. They were even in their kitchens and ovens.
(Kinim - gnats)

Gnats made everyone scratch their skin so hard that people hurt all over.
(Arov - flies)
Swarms of stinging FLIES landed on the Egyptians, poured into their houses and covered the ground. The land was ruined by them. The Egyptians‟ livestock got DISEASES that could not be cured. Horses, donkeys, camels, sheep and goats died. But not one animal belonAmong the Ten Plagues - Egypt
(Sh‟chin - boils)
Boils burst from their skin. They were so uncomfortable! The Egyptians could not even get dressed without screaming from the pain. Their animals got boils too
(Barad - hail)
Hail rained down as dangerous balls of ice and lightning flashed. The hail smashed roofs and damaged crops. It broke everything the Egyptians owned.
(Arbeh - locusts)
Locusts swarmed over all the trees and blades of grass. The buzzing and sound of flapping wings frightened everyone. Vegetables and fruits were gobbled up and only dust remained on the ground.
(Choshech - darkness) Darkness blotted out the sun. People were always cold. Moonlight and stars did not appear. Every day was pitch black.
ginLast Plague(Makat B‟chorot - death of the first-born)

The firstborn son in every Egyptian family DIED. Also the firstborn of their animals DIED. "On that same night I will pass through and strike down every firstborn --both men and animals-- and I will bring judgment on all the gods of . I am the LORD.” (Exodus 12:12)

Finally, the Pharaoh was convinced that the Hebrew people had to go and he allowed them to leave Egypt. And God brought out Israel, laden with silver and gold.
g to the Israelites died.
Pharoah Changes His Mind
After the Hebrews left Egypt, the Pharaoh changed his mind. The armies of were behind them and the great was in front of them. The sea held them back, but with God's help, the sea parted and the God's people passed through on dry land. Pharaoh's chariots and horses and all his army were trapped and drowned in the sea.
A new and happy time began for the Hebrews. As they stood on the other side of the sea and sang.

Last edited by Admin on Sat 16 Apr 2011, 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Source Brenda @ Delphi Forum Jesus Place)
Admin
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What every Christian needs to know about Passover Empty Re: What every Christian needs to know about Passover

Post  Admin on Wed 13 Apr 2011, 11:40 am

"Now God commanded the Sun to measure the day, and the Moon, whenever she rounds her disc, to rule the night. For then these two luminaries are almost diametrically opposed; when the Sun rises, the Full Moon disappears from the horizon, to reappear in the East at the moment the Sun sets." -- from the "Hexaemeron" of Basil the Great, Archbishop of Caesarea, circa 350 A.D.

On the night of the Full Moon, after it has risen high into the sky, it casts plenty of light! You can see very strong shadows under the Full Moon. Actually, the Full Moon is only one-millionth as bright as the Sun. But our eyes have been designed by the LORD to record a light level difference of one billion! So moonlight actually appears quite bright, since we can still see in light only 1/1000 of that level! This is still another manner in which our bodies are "fearfully and wonderfully made."

* Moon Over Jerusalem *

So the LORD in his provision had the children of Israel depart Egypt under the light of the Full Moon. We read in Exodus 12:29 that the LORD smote the Egyptians at Midnight, and that that Pharoah released the Israelites sometime afterwards. So the LORD gave the Chosen People plenty of bright moonlight for travelling as they left Egypt on foot.

>From this night forward, God commanded that Israel celebrate the Passover on the evening of the Full Moon. So it only follows that Jesus and the disciples ate the Last Supper in the Upper Room as the Full Moon rose over Jerusalem. And in the night, the bright Full Moon shone down upon Jesus as He prayed in the Garden of Gethsemane, as depicted in "The Passion." This astronomical fact of Scripture is often overlooked. In fact, this also illustrates the extent of which the common astronomy of the Moon's phases is poorly understood in our generation.

We read in the Gospel accounts of the darkness that fell over the land during the crucifixion. Some rational-minded thinkers have attempted to explain this away as a Total Eclipse of the Sun that occurred during the crucifixion. However, such a solar eclipse can only occur during a New Moon, when the Moon is between the Earth and the Sun. However, the Paschal Full Moon occurs in exactly the opposite side of the sky as the New Moon, the completely wrong phase!

Also, a solar eclipse can only last as long as eight minutes, not the three hours of the darkness that happened during the crucifixion! So as we see, this miraculous darkness defeats any ill-informed attempts to at a rational, scientific explanation, again showing the folly of the "wisdom" of this world.

For more information about the calendar and the methods for determining the date of Easter, please check out the the Update article, "The Astronomy of Easter."

Jay Ryan is the author of "The Classical Astronomy Update," a free e-mail newsletter for helping Christian homeschool families learn more about events in the starry sky. If you would like to receive the Update, please drop Jay an e-mail at moonfinder@mangobay.com. Visit the Classical Astronomy web site – www.ClassicalAstronomy.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

What every Christian needs to know about Passover Empty Re: What every Christian needs to know about Passover

Post  Admin on Tue 12 Apr 2011, 1:24 pm

"The Paschal Moon"
Mel Gibson's stunning motion picture, "The Passion of The Christ," opens with a dramatic closeup view of the Full Moon. From there, we see Jesus and His disciples in the Garden of Gethsemane, and the subsequent events from the Gospels are shown set against the pale brightness of the Moon's light.

The Moon is shown several times in that opening scene, as if to impress upon the viewer that these events did indeed take place on the night of the Full Moon. In this astronomical way, as in so many other ways, the maker of this remarkable film accurately depicted Biblical truth.

After all, Jesus was indeed crucified on the day following the Passover. And we do know from Scripture that the Passover is to be celebrated during the Full Moon of the current season. This particular Full Moon is commonly called "The Easter Moon," or more properly, "The Paschal Moon."

* The Astronomy of Passover *

The first Passover was celebrated by the Israelites in their last night in Egypt. The Israelites were instructed by the LORD to kill an umblemished lamb, and place its blood on their doorposts, so that the angel of death would "pass over" the house and not kill the firstborn of that family. In this way, the firstborn children of Egypt were killed, after which Moses led the children of Israel from slavery to freedom.

The LORD commanded that the feasts of the Passover and unleaved bread be celebrated by Israel forever. And the timing of the Passover celebration is given as follows:

"In the fourteenth day of the first month at even, is the LORD's Passover." -- Leviticus 23:5

In our culture, if we hear "the fourteenth day of the first month," we would think this to mean "January 14." Our modern, western culture still uses a variation of the old Roman calendar, originally established by Julius Caesar in around 45 B.C. Our calendar is strictly a solar calendar, timed around the annual cycle of the Sun through the seasons, and oriented so that the solstices and equinoxes fall on the same dates each year.

In our calendar, "months" are simply arbitrary units used to divide the solar year. So the dates within our months are just numbers, with no reference to the Moon or its phases. But the Hebrew calendar used by the ancient Israelites and the modern Jews today is a lunar calendar. And in this lunar calendar, the "months" represent complete cycles of the Moon's phases. In this way, each date of the month represents a certain phase of the Moon, so that the same phases will fall on the same date from month to month.

So when the LORD commanded Israel to celebrate Passover on the evening of the fourteenth day of the first month, it was understood that this day was two weeks after the New Moon, which is to say, the night of the Full Moon of the first month. The Passover is called "pesech" in Hebrew, and in the Greek of the New Testament, this word is rendered as "Pasch." For this reason, the Full Moon of Passover is called "The Paschal Moon."

* The Full Moon *

In our generation, very few people bother to notice the phases of the Moon. We might notice the Moon when outside in the evenings. But this usually while we are getting into or out of our cars as we scurry around living our busy little lives. So most of us never bother to observe the progression of the Moon's phases. But even 100 years ago, most people lived close to the earth, and it was natural to follow the Moon's phases over the course of the month, increasing each night to the Full Moon, and decreasing in the weeks after. And this was certainly true in Biblical times.

For those of us who still follow the Moon's phases, we notice that the Full Moon rises in the East just as the Sun is setting in the West. The Full Moon crosses the sky all night, and reaches its highest point at Midnight. The Full Moon finally sets in the morning, just as the Sun is coming up. So the Moon truly does "rule the night" as we read in Genesis 1:16. Here's an excellent classical description of the Full Moon:
Crosswalk.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

What every Christian needs to know about Passover Empty What every Christian needs to know about Passover

Post  Admin on Tue 12 Apr 2011, 1:19 pm

In many circles there appears to be an increasing interest in the Jewish roots of the Christian faith. This Easter season numerous congregations across the globe will hold a "Passover Haggadah" or more traditionally known as a "Seder" to gain a greater understanding of the Christian - Jewish relationship.

A Brief History

Passover is the oldest and most important religious festival in Judaism, commemorating God's deliverance of the Hebrews from slavery in Egypt and His creation of the Israelite people.

The festival of Passover begins at sunset on the 14th of Nisan (usually in March or April) and marks the beginning of a seven day celebration which includes the Feast of Unleavened Bread. The highlight of Passover is a communal meal, called the Seder (which means "order," because of the fixed order of service), which is a time to rejoice and celebrate the deliverance for the Hebrews that God accomplished through the exodus.

What every Christian needs to know about Passover

As many prepare to celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus, knowing the cultural Jewish soil on which Jesus walked is important to a mature and growing Christian faith. Here are a few steps for help along the Passover journey.

Step One: Read the Bible about Passover.

Jesus and the apostles were celebrating Passover at the Last Supper, because they were Jewish men with Jewish observances:

"This is a day you are to commemorate; for the generations to come you shall celebrate it as a festival to the Lord - a lasting ordinance." (Exodus 12:14)

"Then came the day of Unleavened Bread on which the Passover lamb had to be sacrificed. Jesus sent Peter and John, saying ‘go and make preparations for us to eat the Passover.'" (Luke 22:7-8)

Step Two: Attend a service at a messianic temple. Most congregations at a messianic temple are made up of both Jews and Gentiles. Or, you might consider having your own service in your home with family and friends. For resources see www.messianicjewish.net.

Step Three: Learn traditional prayers that are said during Passover. You can find these online at www.jewfaq.org/prayer.htm. Or, you can learn them from a rabbi.

Step Four: Cook a traditional Passover meal. You can find out how to do so by obtaining a book about Passover from the library or search on the web articles like, "How to Make Passover Eclairs" or "How to Make Matzo Meal Pancakes for Passover."

A few foods include:

Matzoh: three unleavened matzohs are placed within the folds of a napkin as a reminder of the haste with which the Israelites fled Egypt, leaving no time for dough to rise. Two are consumed during the service, and one (the Aftkomen), is spirited away and hidden during the ceremony to be later found as a prize.
Maror: bitter herbs, usually horseradish or romaine lettuce, used to symbolize the bitterness of slavery.
Charoses: a mixture of apples, nuts, wine, and cinnamon, as a reminder of the mortar used by the Jews in the construction of buildings as slaves.
Beitzah: a roasted egg, as a symbol of life and the perpetuation of existence.
Karpas: a vegetable, preferably parsley or celery, representing hope and redemption; served with a bowl of salted water to represent the tears shed.
Zeroah: traditionally a piece of roasted lamb shankbone, symbolizing the paschal sacrificial offering
Wine: four glasses of wine are consumed during the service to represent the four-fold promise of redemption, with a special glass left for Elijah the prophet.
Step Five: Remember to separate Passover from Good Friday and Easter celebrations. Jewish and Christian traditions are different and must be observed as such.

Crosswalk.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down