Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 115 on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 3:20 pm
Latest topics
» Nolte: 11 Facts that Have Already Unraveled the Ukraine Hoax
Not Peace But Division EmptyToday at 12:39 am by Admin

» Bill & Hillary Clinton
Not Peace But Division EmptyToday at 12:24 am by Admin

» Delrifkah: HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY.
Not Peace But Division EmptyToday at 12:23 am by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Not Peace But Division EmptyToday at 12:20 am by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
Not Peace But Division EmptyToday at 12:19 am by Admin

» My Manna
Not Peace But Division EmptyToday at 12:18 am by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Not Peace But Division EmptyToday at 12:05 am by Admin

» BREITBART NEWS
Not Peace But Division EmptyYesterday at 11:59 pm by Admin

» The Threat To The Whole World
Not Peace But Division EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Not Peace But Division EmptyYesterday at 8:27 pm by Admin

» servant @ TWO LISTENERS
Not Peace But Division EmptyYesterday at 8:11 pm by Admin

» Pope Francis Agenda for One World Government
Not Peace But Division EmptyYesterday at 8:07 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Not Peace But Division EmptyYesterday at 10:00 am by Admin

» AISH
Not Peace But Division EmptyYesterday at 9:56 am by Admin

» Daily Disciples
Not Peace But Division EmptyYesterday at 9:53 am by Admin

» Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge Inspirational
Not Peace But Division EmptyYesterday at 9:49 am by Admin

» ENDTIME HEADLINES
Not Peace But Division EmptyYesterday at 9:42 am by Admin

» OBAMA AGAIN
Not Peace But Division EmptySat 19 Oct 2019, 10:40 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Not Peace But Division EmptySat 19 Oct 2019, 10:37 pm by Admin

» GLOBAL WARMING FAKE IT IS COLD CLIMATE COMING
Not Peace But Division EmptySat 19 Oct 2019, 10:29 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Not Peace But Division

Go down

Not Peace But Division Empty Re: Not Peace But Division

Post  Bertie on Fri 12 Dec 2008, 5:31 am

I don't know how I come to miss this as I do try to read each of members threads
It could well have been that I was away from puter.......Yah!!! was just checked my calendar and we had much going on prior Saturday and the weekend.
I have not even had chance to post up and it is almost next weekend how time fly!

We had the BIG CHEESE here in Caerphilly South Wales......
Brendans Mum and Dad was about to leave for back home to New Zealand another fabulous surprise.......
Tony an unexpected suprise home-coming from Afghanistan.
Well maybe a few days late in catching up but good to see you had taken over Bertie and that I see Mary had replied and noted posted lol (not Elaine obviously lol)
Phew glad to see that

[b][i]

Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bertie on Fri 12 Dec 2008, 5:29 am

Hello Mary,

First I hope you did not mind me moving this post over, my fault I posted on the wrong board.

Secondly I am glad that you got comfort from this post, and it was able to help you against the criticism reigned down against you.

I think some feel threatened by hearing others being able to quote scripture and showing such deep devotion in the Lord, me I cannot remember scripture to the point that I can quote it off the top of my head, and i know I should not be but I feel jealous of those that can, as if the Lord is saying your not good enough yet, I know that's not the case but hey I am still human and have human feelings.

The reason that I posted this was being Roman Catholic, I have seen such venom on other sites, directed at Roman Catholics and vice versa, this worries me that I feel that we tend to put our church/denomination before Christ.

Anyway thanks for the reply, it has given this old brain other things to mull over.

Love Bertie

Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bertie on Fri 12 Dec 2008, 5:29 am

Hello Bertie,
I needed to hear that scripture today. I was in conversation with someone yesterday (not Elaine obviously lol) who wanted to make a point with me that Christians do not want to be intimidated...and the implication was that this is what I do.
I chewed on this off and on through the night, praying about it, realizing that if I am intimidating people, it is certainly not my intention. If people are challenged, that is another thing. I can't see how we in the church (myself included) will grow from our current position unless we are all challenged on the things that we have become complacent over. I felt a bit miffed, because to my knowledge I haven't criticized this person at all, but always feel that in Christian company I am entitled to state my view, particularly if it is Biblical. Just doing that seemed to invite the criticism in return.
The baptism that Jesus means is surely one of passion, of holy fire. I know that I am passionate about Him, and people seem not to like it somehow. It gets to the point where in certain church settings I just feel like an outsider, simply for sharing in the Lord. I get the impression that this passion is not the norm, but then I know that it is not only me that feels this way. It is one reason I am so grateful of Elaine's company, because her experience and her passion are such that she delights in our sharing in the Lord, and so do I.
Anyway Bertie, I just wanted to let you know that the scripture ministered to me and I was comforted. Thank you!
Love, Mary

Bertie

Back to top Go down

Not Peace But Division Empty Not Peace But Division

Post  Bertie on Fri 12 Dec 2008, 5:28 am

Not Peace, but Division

49(CJ) "I came to cast fire on the earth, and would that it were already kindled! 50(CK) I have a baptism to be baptized with, and how(CL) great is my distress until it is accomplished! 51(CM) Do you think that I have come to give peace on earth?(CN) No, I tell you, but rather division. 52For from now on in one house there will be five divided, three against two and two against three. 53They will be divided,(CO) father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law."

When i first read this passage i thought good against evil, but thinking harder could Jesus of not meant Christian's as a whole, I think what I mean by this is, Jesus came gave us the Church, then He gave us different choices of church, different ways of showing our love for Him, our trust for him,but yet so far apart that this in itself brings out anger, distrust between Christians.

I think that is why I have so much love for WWC, different types come together, discuss all things, but never disrespect anothers doctrine, just full on love of Jesus.

Bertie

Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum