World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 47 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 47 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» JIHAD WATCH
Jesus's Words Within Scripture - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:38 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Jesus's Words Within Scripture - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:18 pm by Admin

» AISH
Jesus's Words Within Scripture - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:24 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Jesus's Words Within Scripture - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:21 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Jesus's Words Within Scripture - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» israelAM
Jesus's Words Within Scripture - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:09 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Jesus's Words Within Scripture - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:54 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
Jesus's Words Within Scripture - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:51 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Jesus's Words Within Scripture - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:49 pm by Admin

» Pressure from UN Threats
Jesus's Words Within Scripture - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:45 pm by Admin

» Ship that obliterated Baltimore bridge
Jesus's Words Within Scripture - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:44 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Jesus's Words Within Scripture - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:08 pm by Admin

» Be Fervent in Spirit
Jesus's Words Within Scripture - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 10:54 pm by Admin

» Remain in God - iBelieve Truth
Jesus's Words Within Scripture - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 1:25 am by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Jesus's Words Within Scripture - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 12:43 am by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Jesus's Words Within Scripture - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 11:40 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Jesus's Words Within Scripture - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 11:00 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Jesus's Words Within Scripture - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 8:54 pm by Admin

» Is Gaza Really Starving
Jesus's Words Within Scripture - Page 2 EmptySun 24 Mar 2024, 11:40 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Jesus's Words Within Scripture - Page 2 EmptySun 24 Mar 2024, 10:08 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Jesus's Words Within Scripture

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Jesus's Words Within Scripture - Page 2 Empty Re: Jesus's Words Within Scripture

Post  Bertie Thu 15 Jan 2009, 10:51 pm

Matthew 22

The Parable of the Wedding Feast
1And again Jesus(A) spoke to them in parables, saying,

2(B) "The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who gave(C) a wedding feast for his son,

3and(D) sent his servants[a] to call those who were invited to the wedding feast, but they would not come.

4(E) Again he sent other servants, saying, 'Tell those who are invited, See, I have prepared my(F) dinner,(G) my oxen and my fat calves have been slaughtered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding feast.'

5But(H) they paid no attention and went off, one to his farm, another to his business,

6while the rest seized his servants,(I) treated them shamefully, and(J) killed them.

7The king was angry, and he sent his troops and(K) destroyed those murderers and burned their city.

8Then he said to his servants, 'The wedding feast is ready, but those invited were not(L) worthy.

9Go therefore to the main roads and invite to the wedding feast as many as you find.'

10And those servants went out into the roads and(M) gathered all whom they found, both bad and good. So the wedding hall was filled with guests.

11"But when the king came in to look at the guests, he saw there(N) a man who had no wedding garment.

12And he said to him,(O) 'Friend, how did you get in here without a wedding garment?' And he was speechless.

13Then the king said to the attendants, 'Bind him hand and foot and(P) cast him into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'

14For many are(Q) called, but few are chosen."

Scripture taken from the New King James Version. Copyright ©️ 1982 by Thomas Nelson,
Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

Bertie

Back to top Go down

Jesus's Words Within Scripture - Page 2 Empty Re: Jesus's Words Within Scripture

Post  Bertie Wed 14 Jan 2009, 3:43 pm

Matthew 21

The Parable of the Tenants
33(BD) "Hear another parable. There was a master of a house who planted(BE) a vineyard(BF) and put a fence around it and dug a winepress in it and built a tower and(BG) leased it to tenants, and(BH) went into another country.

34When the season for fruit drew near, he sent his servants[c] to the tenants(BI) to get his fruit.

35(BJ) And the tenants took his servants and beat one, killed another, and(BK) stoned another.

36(BL) Again he sent other servants, more than the first. And they did the same to them.

37Finally he sent his son to them, saying, 'They will respect my son.'

38But when the tenants saw the son, they said to themselves,(BM) 'This is the heir. Come,(BN) let us kill him and have his inheritance.'

39And they took him and(BO) threw him out of the vineyard and killed him.

40(BP) When therefore the owner of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those tenants?"

41They said to him,(BQ) "He will put those wretches to a miserable death and(BR) let out the vineyard to other tenants who will give him the fruits in their seasons."

42Jesus said to them, (BS) "Have you never read in the Scriptures:

(BT) "'The stone that the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone;[d]
this was the Lord’s doing,
and it is marvelous in our eyes'?

43Therefore I tell you, the kingdom of God(BU) will be taken away from you and given to a people(BV) producing its fruits.

44And(BW) the one who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; and(BX) when it falls on anyone, it will crush him."[e]

45When the chief priests and the Pharisees heard his parables, they perceived that he was speaking about them.

46And(BY) although they were seeking to arrest him,(BZ) they feared the crowds, because they held him to be(CA) a prophet.

Scripture taken from the New King James Version. Copyright ©️ 1982 by Thomas Nelson,
Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved

Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bertie Wed 14 Jan 2009, 3:40 pm

Matthew 21

The Parable of the Two Sons
28(AT) "What do you think? A man had two sons. And he went to the first and said, 'Son, go and work in(AU) the vineyard today.'

29And he answered, 'I will not,' but afterward he(AV) changed his mind and went.

30And he went to the other son and said the same. And he answered, 'I go, sir,' but did not go.

31Which of the two did the will of his father?"
They said, "The first." Jesus said to them, "Truly, I say to you,(AW) the tax collectors and(AX) the prostitutes go into(AY) the kingdom of God before you.

32For John came to you(AZ) in the way of righteousness, and(BA) you did not believe him, but(BB) the tax collectors and the prostitutes believed him. And even when you saw it, you did not afterward(BC) change your minds and believe him.

Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bertie Wed 14 Jan 2009, 3:38 pm

Matthew 21

The Authority of Jesus Challenged
23(AL) And when he entered the temple, the chief priests and the elders of the people came up to him(AM) as he was teaching, and said,(AN) "By what authority are you doing these things, and who gave you this authority?"

24Jesus answered them, "I also will ask you one question, and if you tell me the answer, then I also will tell you by what authority I do these things.

25The baptism of John,(AO) from where did it come?(AP) From heaven or from man?"
And they discussed it among themselves, saying, "If we say, 'From heaven,' he will say to us,(AQ) 'Why then did you not believe him?'

26But if we say, 'From man,'(AR) we are afraid of the crowd, for they all hold that John was(AS) a prophet."

27So they answered Jesus, "We do not know." And he said to them, "Neither will I tell you by what authority I do these things.

Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bertie Wed 14 Jan 2009, 3:36 pm

Matthew 21

Jesus Cleanses the Temple
12(O) And Jesus entered the temple[b] and drove out all who sold and bought in the temple, and he overturned the tables of(P) the money-changers and the seats of those who sold(Q) pigeons.

13He said to them, "It is written,(R) 'My house shall be called a house of prayer,' but(S) you make it a den of robbers."

14(T) And the blind and the lame came to him in the temple, and he healed them.

15(U) But when the chief priests and the scribes saw the wonderful things that he did, and the children crying out in the temple,(V) "Hosanna to the Son of David!" they were indignant,

16and they said to him, "Do you hear what these are saying?" And Jesus said to them, "Yes;(W) have you never read,

(X) "'Out of the mouth of(Y) infants and nursing babies
you have prepared praise'?"

17And(Z) leaving them, he(AA) went out of the city to(AB) Bethany and lodged there.

Jesus Curses the Fig Tree

18(AC) In the morning, as he was returning to the city,(AD) he became hungry.

19(AE) And seeing a fig tree by the wayside, he went to it and found nothing on it but only leaves. And he said to it, "May no fruit ever come from you again!" And the fig tree withered at once.

20When the disciples saw it, they marveled, saying, "How did the fig tree wither at once?"

21And Jesus answered them, (AF) "Truly, I say to you,(AG) if you have faith and(AH) do not doubt, you will not only do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain,(AI) 'Be taken up and thrown into the sea,' it will happen.

22And(AJ) whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive,(AK) if you have faith."

Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bertie Wed 14 Jan 2009, 3:33 pm

Matthew 21

The Triumphal Entry
1(A) Now when they drew near to Jerusalem and came to Bethphage, to(B) the Mount of Olives, then Jesus(C) sent two disciples,

2saying to them, "Go into the village in front of you, and immediately you will find a donkey tied, and a colt with her. Untie them and bring them to me.

3If anyone says anything to you, you shall say, 'The Lord needs them,' and he will send them at once."

4This took place(D) to fulfill what was spoken by the prophet, saying,

5(E) "Say to the daughter of Zion,'Behold, your king is coming to you,
(F) humble, and mounted on a donkey,
and[a] on a colt, the foal of a beast of burden.'"

Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bertie Wed 14 Jan 2009, 3:31 pm

Matthew 20
Jesus Heals Two Blind Men
29(AH) And as they went out of Jericho, a great crowd followed him.

30And behold, there were two blind men sitting by the roadside, and when they heard that Jesus was passing by, they cried out, "Lord,[e] have mercy on us,(AI) Son of David!"

31The crowd(AJ) rebuked them, telling them to be silent, but they cried out all the more, "Lord, have mercy on us, Son of David!"

32And stopping, Jesus called them and said, "What do you want me to do for you?"

33They said to him, "Lord, let our eyes be opened."

34And Jesus in pity touched their eyes, and immediately they recovered their sight and followed him.

Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bertie Wed 14 Jan 2009, 3:30 pm

Matthew 20

A Mother’s Request
20(Q) Then(R) the mother of the sons of Zebedee came up to him with her sons, and(S) kneeling before him she asked him for something.

21And he said to her, "What do you want?" She said to him, "Say that these two sons of mine(T) are to sit, one at your right hand and one at your left,(U) in your kingdom."

22Jesus answered, (V) "You do not know what you are asking. Are you able(W) to drink the cup that I am to drink?" They said to him, "We are able."

23He said to them, (X) "You will drink(Y) my cup, but to sit at my right hand and at my left is not mine to grant,(Z) but it is for those for whom it has been(AA) prepared by my Father."

24And when the ten heard it, they were indignant at the two brothers.

25But Jesus called them to him and said, (AB) "You know that the rulers of the Gentiles(AC) lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them.

26(AD) It shall not be so among you. But whoever would be great among you must be your servant,[c]

27and whoever would be first among you must be your slave,[d]

28even as the Son of Man came not to be served but(AE) to serve, and(AF) to give his life as a ransom for(AG) many."

Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bertie Wed 14 Jan 2009, 3:27 pm

Matthew 20

Jesus Foretells His Death a Third Time
17(J) And as Jesus was going up to Jerusalem, he took the twelve disciples aside, and on the way he said to them,

18"See,(K) we are going up to Jerusalem. And the Son of Man will be delivered over to the chief priests and scribes, and they will(L) condemn him to death

19and(M) deliver him over to the Gentiles(N) to be mocked and flogged and(O) crucified, and he will be raised on(P) the third day."

Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bertie Wed 14 Jan 2009, 3:26 pm

Matthew 20

Laborers in the Vineyard
1"For the kingdom of heaven is like a master of a house who went out early in the morning to hire laborers for his vineyard.

2After agreeing with the laborers for a denarius[a] a day, he sent them into his vineyard.

3And going out about the third hour he saw others standing idle in the marketplace,

4and to them he said, 'You go into the vineyard too, and whatever is right I will give you.'

5So they went. Going out again about the sixth hour and the ninth hour, he did the same.

6And(A) about the eleventh hour he went out and found others standing. And he said to them, 'Why do you stand here idle all day?'

7They said to him, 'Because no one has hired us.' He said to them, 'You go into the vineyard too.'

8And(B) when evening came, the owner of the vineyard said to his(C) foreman, 'Call the laborers and pay them their wages, beginning with the last, up to the first.'

9And when those hired about the eleventh hour came, each of them received a denarius.

10Now when those hired first came, they thought they would receive more, but each of them also received a denarius.

11And on receiving it they grumbled at the master of the house,

12saying, 'These last worked only one hour, and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden of the day and(D) the scorching heat.'

13But he replied to one of them,(E) 'Friend, I am doing you no wrong. Did you not agree with me for a denarius?

14Take(F) what belongs to you and go. I choose to give to this last worker as I give to you.

15(G) Am I not allowed to do what I choose with what belongs to me? Or(H) do you begrudge my generosity?'[b]

16So(I) the last will be first, and the first last."

Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bertie Wed 14 Jan 2009, 3:23 pm

Matthew 19

The Rich Young Man
16(V) And behold, a man came up to him, saying, "Teacher, what good deed must I do to(W) have(X) eternal life?"

17And he said to him, "Why do you ask me about what is good? There is only one who is good.(Y) If you would enter life, keep the commandments."

18He said to him, "Which ones?" And Jesus said, (Z) "You shall not murder, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness,

19Honor your father and mother, and,(AA) You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

20The young man said to him,(AB) "All these I have kept. What do I still lack?"

21Jesus said to him, "If you would be(AC) perfect, go,(AD) sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have(AE) treasure in heaven; and come, follow me."

22(AF) When the young man heard this he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.

23And Jesus said to his disciples, "Truly, I say to you,(AG) only with difficulty will a rich person enter the kingdom of heaven.

24(AH) Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter(AI) the kingdom of God."

25When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished, saying, "Who then can be saved?"

26But Jesus(AJ) looked at them and said, (AK) "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

27Then Peter said in reply, "See,(AL) we have left everything and followed you. What then will we have?"

28Jesus said to them, "Truly, I say to you, in the new world,[b](AM) when the Son of Man will sit on his glorious throne, you who have followed me(AN) will also sit on twelve thrones,(AO) judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

29(AP) And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands, for my name’s sake, will receive a hundredfold[c] and will(AQ) inherit eternal life.

30But(AR) many who are(AS) first will be last, and the last first.

Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bertie Wed 14 Jan 2009, 3:19 pm

Matthew 19

Let the Children Come to Me
13(R) Then children were brought to him that he might lay his hands on them and pray. The disciples(S) rebuked the people,

14but Jesus said, (T) "Let the little children(U) come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven."

15And he laid his hands on them and went away.

Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bertie Wed 14 Jan 2009, 3:18 pm

Matthew 19
Teaching About Divorce
1Now when Jesus had finished these sayings, he went away from(A) Galilee and(B) entered(C) the region of Judea beyond the Jordan.

2And(D) large crowds followed him, and he healed them there.

3And Pharisees came up to him and(E) tested him by asking,(F) "Is it lawful to divorce one’s wife for any cause?"

4He answered, (G) "Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female,

5and said,(H) 'Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and(I) the two shall become one flesh'?

6So they are no longer two but one flesh.(J) What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate."

7They said to him,(K) "Why then did Moses command one to give a certificate of divorce and to send her away?"

8He said to them, "Because of your(L) hardness of heart Moses allowed you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so.

9(M) And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery."
[a]

10The disciples said to him, "If such is the case of a man with his wife, it is better not to marry."

11But he said to them, (N) "Not everyone can receive this saying, but only(O) those to(P) whom it is given.

12For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs(Q) for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let the one who is able to receive this receive it."

Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bertie Thu 08 Jan 2009, 11:48 am

Matthew 18

The Parable of the Unforgiving Servant
21Then Peter came up and said to him, "Lord, how often(AI) will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him?(AJ) As many as seven times?"

22Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven.[g]

23"Therefore the kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who wished(AK) to settle accounts with his servants.[h]

24When he began to settle, one was brought to him who owed him(AL) ten thousand(AM) talents.[i]

25(AN) And since he could not pay, his master ordered him(AO) to be sold, with his wife and(AP) children and all that he had, and payment to be made.

26So the servant[j](AQ) fell on his knees, imploring him, 'Have patience with me, and I will pay you everything.'

27And out of pity for him, the master of that servant released him and(AR) forgave him the debt.

28But when that same servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred(AS) denarii,[k] and seizing him, he began to choke him, saying, 'Pay what you owe.'

29So his fellow servant fell down and pleaded with him, 'Have patience with me, and I will pay you.'

30He refused and went and put him in prison until he should pay the debt.

31When his fellow servants saw what had taken place, they were greatly distressed, and they went and reported to their master all that had taken place.

32Then his master summoned him and said to him, 'You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you pleaded with me.

33(AT) And should not you have had mercy on your fellow servant, as I had mercy on you?'

34(AU) And in anger his master delivered him to the jailers,[l](AV) until he should pay all his debt.

35(AW) So also my heavenly Father will do to every one of you, if you do not forgive your brother(AX) from your heart."

Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bertie Thu 08 Jan 2009, 11:46 am

Matthew 18

If Your Brother Sins Against You
15(W) "If your brother sins against you,(X) go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have(Y) gained your brother.

16But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established(Z) by the evidence of two or three witnesses.

17If he refuses to listen to them,(AA) tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church,(AB) let him be to you as(AC) a Gentile and a tax collector.

18Truly, I say to you,(AD) whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed[f] in heaven.

19Again I say to you, if two of you(AE) agree on earth about anything they ask,(AF) it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.

20For where two or three are(AG) gathered in my name,(AH) there am I among them."

Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bertie Thu 08 Jan 2009, 11:44 am

Matthew 18
The Parable of the Lost Sheep
10"See that you do not despise(Q) one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven(R) their angels always(S) see the face of my Father who is in heaven.[d] 12(T) What do you think?(U) If a man has a hundred sheep, and one of them has gone astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine on the mountains and go in search of the one that went astray? 13And if he finds it, truly, I say to you, he rejoices over it more than over the ninety-nine that never went astray. 14So(V) it is not the will of my[e] Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones should perish.

Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bertie Thu 08 Jan 2009, 11:42 am

Matthew 18

Temptations to Sin
7"Woe to the world for(J) temptations to sin![b](K) For it is necessary that temptations come,(L) but woe to the one by whom the temptation comes!

8(M) And if your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life crippled or lame than with two hands or two feet to be thrown into(N) the eternal fire.

9(O) And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into the(P) hell[c] of fire.

Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bertie Thu 08 Jan 2009, 11:40 am

Matthew 18

Who Is the Greatest?
1(A) At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?"

2And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them

3and said, "Truly, I say to you, unless you(B) turn and(C) become like children, you(D) will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

4(E) Whoever humbles himself like this child is the(F) greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

5(G) "Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me,

6but(H) whoever causes one of these(I) little ones who believe in me to sin,[a] it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.

Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bertie Thu 08 Jan 2009, 11:39 am

Mathew 17

The Temple Tax
24(AI) When they came to Capernaum, the collectors of(AJ) the two-drachma tax went up to Peter and said, "Does your teacher not pay the tax?"

25He said, "Yes." And when he came into the house, Jesus spoke to him first, saying, (AK) "What do you think, Simon? From whom do kings of the earth take toll or(AL) tax? From their sons or from others?"

26And when he said, "From others," Jesus said to him, "Then the sons are free.

27However, not to give offense to them, go to the sea and cast a hook and take the first fish that comes up, and when you open its mouth you will find a shekel.[g] Take that and give it to them for me and for yourself."

Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bertie Thu 08 Jan 2009, 11:37 am

Matthew 17

Jesus Again Foretells Death, Resurrection
22(AG) As they were gathering[f] in Galilee, Jesus said to them, "The Son of Man is about to be delivered into the hands of men,

23and they will kill him, and he will be raised on(AH) the third day."
And they were greatly distressed.

Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bertie Thu 08 Jan 2009, 11:35 am

Matthew 17

Jesus Heals a Boy with a Demon
14(U) And when they came to the crowd, a man came up to him and, kneeling before him,

15said, "Lord, have mercy on my son, for he is(V) an epileptic and he suffers terribly. For often he falls into the fire, and often into the water.

16And I brought him to your disciples, and(W) they could not heal him."

17And Jesus answered, "O faithless and(X) twisted generation, how long am I to be with you?(Y) How long am I to bear with you? Bring him here to me."

18And Jesus(Z) rebuked the demon,[b] and it[c] came out of him, and(AA) the boy was healed instantly.[d]

19Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, "Why could we not cast it out?"

20He said to them, (AB) "Because of your little faith. For(AC) truly, I say to you,(AD) if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed,(AE) you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move, and(AF) nothing will be impossible for you."[e]

Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bertie Thu 08 Jan 2009, 11:32 am

Matthew 17

The Transfiguration
1(A) And after six days Jesus took with him(B) Peter and James, and John his brother, and led them up a high mountain by themselves.

2And he was(C) transfigured before them, and(D) his face shone like the sun, and(E) his clothes became white as light.

3And behold, there appeared to them Moses and Elijah, talking with him.

4And Peter said to Jesus, "Lord, it is good that we are here. If you wish, I will make three tents here, one for you and one for Moses and one for(F) Elijah."

5He was still speaking when, behold,(G) a bright cloud overshadowed them, and(H) a voice from the cloud said,(I) "This is my beloved Son,[a] with whom I am well pleased; listen to him."

6When(J) the disciples heard this,(K) they fell on their faces and were terrified.

7But Jesus came and(L) touched them, saying, "Rise, and(M) have no fear."

8And when they lifted up their eyes, they saw no one but Jesus only.

9(N) And as they were coming down the mountain, Jesus commanded them, (O) "Tell no one the vision, until the Son of Man is raised from the dead."

10And the disciples asked him, "Then why do the scribes say(P) that first Elijah must come?"

11He answered, "Elijah does come, and(Q) he will restore all things.

12But I tell you that Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but(R) did to him whatever they pleased.(S) So also the Son of Man will certainly suffer at their hands."

13(T) Then the disciples understood that he was speaking to them of John the Baptist.

Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bertie Fri 02 Jan 2009, 1:49 pm

Matthew 16

Take Up Your Cross and Follow Jesus
24Then Jesus told his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, let him(AS) deny himself and(AT) take up his cross and follow me.

25For(AU) whoever would save his life[g] will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

26For(AV) what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or(AW) what shall a man give in return for his soul?

27(AX) For the Son of Man is going to come with(AY) his angels in the glory of his Father, and(AZ) then he will repay each person according to what he has done.

28Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not(BA) taste death(BB) until they see the Son of Man(BC) coming in his kingdom."

Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bertie Fri 02 Jan 2009, 1:48 pm

Matthew 16

Jesus Foretells His Death and Resurrection
21(AL) From that time Jesus began to show his disciples that(AM) he must go to Jerusalem and(AN) suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and on(AO) the third day be raised.

22And Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him, saying, "Far be it from you, Lord![e] This shall never happen to you."

23But he turned and said to Peter, (AP) "Get behind me, Satan! You are(AQ) a hindrance[f] to me. For you(AR) are not setting your mind on the things of God, but on the things of man."

Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bertie Fri 02 Jan 2009, 1:46 pm

Matthew 16

Peter Confesses Jesus as the Christ
13(T) Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, "Who do people say that the Son of Man is?"

14And they said, "Some say(U) John the Baptist, others say(V) Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets."

15He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?"

16Simon Peter replied,(W) "You are(X) the Christ,(Y) the Son of(Z) the living God."

17And Jesus answered him, (AA) "Blessed are you,(AB) Simon Bar-Jonah! For(AC) flesh and blood has not revealed this to you,(AD) but my Father who is in heaven.

18And I tell you,(AE) you are Peter, and(AF) on this rock[b] I will build my church, and(AG) the gates of(AH) hell[c] shall not prevail against it.

19I will give you(AI) the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and(AJ) whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed[d] in heaven."

20(AK) Then he strictly charged the disciples to tell no one that he was the Christ.

Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next