Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 20 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 115 on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 3:20 pm
Latest topics
» Bill & Hillary Clinton
Gretchen healing heart EmptyYesterday at 11:38 pm by Admin

» Jeremy Corbyn Anti- Israel friend of Terrorists
Gretchen healing heart EmptyYesterday at 11:36 pm by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
Gretchen healing heart EmptyYesterday at 11:20 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Gretchen healing heart EmptyYesterday at 11:18 pm by Admin

» Nolte: 11 Facts that Have Already Unraveled the Ukraine Hoax
Gretchen healing heart EmptyYesterday at 11:14 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Gretchen healing heart EmptyYesterday at 11:12 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Gretchen healing heart EmptyYesterday at 11:10 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor
Gretchen healing heart EmptyYesterday at 11:09 pm by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
Gretchen healing heart EmptyYesterday at 11:08 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Gretchen healing heart EmptyYesterday at 11:05 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Gretchen healing heart EmptyYesterday at 11:04 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
Gretchen healing heart EmptyYesterday at 10:33 pm by Admin

» 10 Prayers for Before Meals - Short, Simple, Beautiful!
Gretchen healing heart EmptyYesterday at 8:52 pm by Admin

» Erdogan threatens EU to Kneel to us or “we’ll send 3.6 million refugees your way”;
Gretchen healing heart EmptyYesterday at 6:11 pm by Admin

» servant @ TWO LISTENERS
Gretchen healing heart EmptyYesterday at 5:58 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
Gretchen healing heart EmptyYesterday at 5:35 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL VIDEO'S VARIOUS COVERAGES
Gretchen healing heart EmptyYesterday at 5:33 pm by Admin

»  Israel Under Attack After IDF Assassinates Major Terror Leader
Gretchen healing heart EmptyYesterday at 11:15 am by Admin

» ENDTIME HEADLINES
Gretchen healing heart EmptyYesterday at 10:58 am by Admin

» THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONALS
Gretchen healing heart EmptyYesterday at 10:47 am by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Gretchen healing heart

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Gretchen healing heart Empty Re: Gretchen healing heart

Post  Admin on Wed 19 Apr 2017, 10:25 pm

Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:21 pm (PDT) . Posted by: "Gretchen Offord ~LifeCoach~" gretchjc
Amazing thoughts on Easter!
--
Easter meditation:
Breathe in, breathe out. Peace and love. Not just because I’m a bohemian liberal from Southern California but because it’s the real message on this most sacred of days, if you are trying hard to walk the talk, like me.
Death and rebirth. It’s the way of things, it’s inescapable, it’s a rhythm, it’s in us so deeply we live by it, we dance to it. The deep knowing of this brings me incredible comfort and peace, because it means nothing is ever really gone.
This is the day we celebrate life renewing itself, physical, emotional, and spiritual life.
This is the day we talk about miracles. Those very dimensions that theoretical physicists discuss (they believe there are 22) in this millennium, might just have intersected in that other millennium and what we call a “miracle” might just have happened.
It’s the day that the Rabbi Jeshua of Nazareth said: “hey- you know all those goats and lambs you have been ‘putting all your badness on’ since the tribe was wandering around the desert so long ago, and then sacrificing in the Temple? Stop it now please. No more blood required. I AM THE LAST LAMB. Here’s the deal: treat others like you’d want to be treated. (Which means, duh, that you have to love yourself, or you’ll be treating other people pretty badly,) and, hey…all that “stuff” you’ve been coveting and collecting? Money? Not the point at all. In fact- that usually makes it harder to get to what’s real, and that’s God, which is the big quantum soup we are all together in. Don’t try to grasp it, or "Him" if you must use the pronoun, with your very small brain, it’s way bigger than you know. Just trust, and love each other, even your enemies. (I dare you.) Stop living in fear. What you do to each other you do to me, and vice versa. Give when you are asked to give…WITHOUT CONDITIONS…to the poor, the sick, the old, the children, the disenfranchised, the weirdos, even that homeless guy you think is scamming…if he asks you , give. And believe it or not, you have everything you need to be happy, right here and now."
(These are Jesus’ words, summarized, not mine. Please don’t write the editor and complain.)
I LOVE this teaching. I love Easter as a reminder that this was a revolutionary and important message. I love the showiness of the miracle, the “surprise ending” of a pile of herb scented funeral linen, still wrapped in the shape of a body, empty on the slab inside of Joseph of Arimathea’s donated tomb. I love that the early church conflated the celebration of the miracle with pagan rites of spring...to underscore the message of rebirth and renewal, to make it stick.
Far from being just bizarre, or mere commercial trivia, an Easter basket is actually representative - sweets represent the sweetness of life, chicks and bunnies the abundance and fecundity of the universe, flowers the beauty that is everywhere, and perfect. We’ve already been over the lamb thing. And what greater metaphor for miraculous newness, for possibility, is there than an egg? A round hard seemingly inert thing cracks open and a fluffy little life emerges, noisy and ready.
A bud of a flower that’s opening and showing you it’s pastel delicateness was once a desiccated seed, seemingly lifeless. And that seed was itself once inside of another flower that bloomed gloriously and then faded away. It might be gone, but wait… it’s coming around again.
Death and rebirth. It goes and it goes on.
Breathe in, breathe out.
This Easter (a little late) I wish you peace, and renewal, and possibility. - Tracy Kristine Nelson

Susannah' s Grace Life Coaching ~~ Holistic Nutrition for Heart & Body
facebook.com/ GretchenOfford ~~ twitter.com/ HopePeaceQuotes
Susannah' s Grace Life Coaching ~~ linkedin.com/ in/gretchenoffor d
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 22 Jan 2016, 10:29 pm

"There is a difference between devotion to principles and devotion to a person. Hundreds of people today are devoting themselves to phases of truth, to causes. Jesus Christ never asks us to devote ourselves to a cause or a creed; He asks us to devote ourselves to Him, to sign away the right to ourselves and yield to Him absolutely, and take up that cross daily. The cross Jesus asks us to take up cannot be suffering for conviction’s sake, because a man will suffer for conviction’s sake whether he is a Christian or not. Neither can it be suffering for conscience’ sake, because a man will go to martyrdom for his principles without having one spark of the grace of God in his heart." --Oswald Chambers
A STRONG AND BEAUTIFUL WOMAN:
Cries. Laughs. Endures.
She stands up for what she believes.
She speaks from her heart.
She does not give in to fear.
She falls but does not crumble.
She does not afraid to ask for help.
She’s supportive, hopeful, and grateful.
She strives for excellence.
She learns from her mistakes and flourishes.
She’s kind, resilient, and optimistic.
MOST OF ALL, SHE LOVES WHOLEHEARTEDLY. ~ by Loann

“As with all genuine Truths, there is no beginning, for Truth is a constant.  Nothing affects its grace except the balance of an individual’s understanding of that Truth.”– D. Thomas

Nothing destroys self-worth, self-acceptance and self-love faster than denying what you feel. Without feelings, you would not know where you are in life. Nor would you know what areas you need to work on. Honor your feelings. Allow yourself to feel them. — Iyanla Vanzant
"Just because you made a mistake doesn't mean you are a mistake." - Georgette Mosbacher
"Every man is too big for himself; thank God for everyone who realises it and, like the Psalmist, hands himself over to be searched out by God. We only know ourselves as God searches us. “God knows me” is different from “God is omniscient”; the latter is a mere theological statement; the former is a child of God’s most precious possession—“O Lord, Thou hast searched me, and known me” (Psalm 139:1)." --Oswald Chambers

A HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY. . .
Ani l’dodi v’dodi lee — "I am to my BELOVED and my BELOVED is to me." [Song of Songs 6:3] These words sum up the relationship between GOD and HIS people. Del Kralman

Addiction -- the only disease that convinces you that you need it, while it is killing you.

"When a person is born again, he knows that it is because he has received something as a gift from Almighty God and not because of his own decision. People may make vows and promises, and may be determined to follow through, but none of this is salvation. Salvation means that we are brought to the place where we are able to receive something from God on the authority of Jesus Christ, namely, forgiveness of sins." --Oswald Chambers

Nearly as remarkable as the remedy is Carroll’s public comfort in admitting error. He knows that in motivational psychology, nothing works all the time for every subject. Sometimes he fails, sometime the player fails. There is disappointment, but no shame. Crosscut 011016

A man’s service for the LORD GOD is sincere when he wants no publicity for it. Del Kralman

Failures are finger posts on the road to achievement. -C.S. Lewis

What is your most treasured possession? A photograph held together by cellophane tape of Little Richard that I bought in 1958, and a pressed and dried chrysanthemum picked on my honeymoon in Kyoto. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Living in fear. Vanity Fair on David Bowie (Proust Questionnaire)

"The struggle is real, but so is God." Iman on 011016 (day her husband of 23 years David Bowie passed)

"Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses." --Alphonso Karr

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. Del Kralman

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people just exist." - Oscar Wilde 

"Be bold enough to use your voice, brave enough to listen to your heart, and strong enough to live the life you've always imagined." ~unknown

"The call of God is a call according to the nature of God; where we go in obedience to that call depends entirely on the providential circumstances which God engineers, and is not of any moment. The danger is to fit the call of God into the idea of our own discernment and say, “God called me there.” If we say so and stick to it, then it is good-bye to the development of the life of God in us. We have deliberately shifted the ground of His call to fit our own conception of what He wants." --Oswald Chambers

The tragedy of life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach. -Benjamin Mays

"Being born again by the Spirit is an unmistakable work of God, as mysterious as the wind, and as surprising as God himself. Being born again from above is an enduring, perpetual, and eternal beginning. It provides a freshness all the time in thinking, talking, and living--a continual surprise of the life of God. Being born of the Spirit gives us new vision and keeps us absolutely fresh for everything through the never-ending supply of the life of God." --Oswald Chambers

"Am I as filled to overflowing with love for Jesus Christ as I was in the beginning, when I went out of my way to prove my devotion to Him? Does He ever find me pondering the time when I cared only for Him? Am I so in love with Him that I take no thought for where He might lead me? Is that where I am now, or have I chosen man’s wisdom over true love for Him?" --Oswald Chambers “It's not our job to toughen our children up to face a cruel and heartless world. It's our job to raise children who will make the world a little less cruel and heartless.”
― L.R. Knots

Where the heart is willing it will find a thousand ways, but where it is unwilling it will find a thousand excuses. -Dayak Proverb

Susannah' s Grace Life Coaching ~~ Healing For The Wounded Heart
Susannah' s Grace Life Coaching ~~ linkedin.com/ in/gretchenofford
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 06 Jan 2016, 11:15 pm

Men usually swim with the stream like a dead fish; it is only the living fish that goes against it. - Charles Spurgeon

It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up. -Babe Ruth (1895-1948)

See if you can catch yourself complaining, in either speech or thought, about a situation you find yourself in, what other people do or say, your surroundings, your life situation, even the weather. To complain is always nonacceptance of what is. It invariably carries an unconscious negative charge. When you complain, you make yourself a victim. Leave the situation or accept it. All else is madness. — Eckhart Tolle

In order to succeed you must fail, so that you know what not to do the next time. -Anthony J. D'Angelo

Become a possibilitarian. No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights & see possibilities. -Norman Vincent Peale

If you have good thoughts, they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely. Roald Dahl

The moment you start acting like life is a blessing, it starts feeling like one.
~ Unknown Author

"Think of the men and women you know who have made it easier for you to believe in God. You go to them with your problems, and things get different, the atmosphere of your mind alters; you have come in contact with a man or woman who in his actual life is working out his vision." --Oswald Chambers

"We must overcome our addiction to avoidance. We must learn to face our fears again rather than run from them. We must get more comfortable being uncomfortable. We must learn that feeling and moving through pain is not only okay, but it's also the healthiest response we possess, as it is the surest way to eliminate suffering. We must stop just alleviating and numbing our suffering. We must seek to liberate ourselves from the fear of it. Once we no longer fear suffering, it loses its stranglehold on us, and we no longer have the urge to avoid it."
Scott Niolet

Put all 'supposing&# 39; on one side and dwell in the shadow of the Almighty. Deliberately tell God that you will not fret about that thing. All our fret and worry is caused by calculating without God." --Oswald Chambers

To be a CHRISTian is not practicing a religion, it is a personal relationship with CREATOR GOD. You either have HIM or you don’t; you either trust and believe HIM, or you don’t.  Del Kralman

Men, now-a-days, do not read their Bibles, and they have for the most part no religion. They have a religion, which is all outside show, but they do not think of searching to see what its meaning really is. Sirs, it is not the cloak of religion that will do for you, it is a vital godliness you need; it is not a religious Sunday, it is a religious Monday; it is not a pious church, it is a pious closet; it is not a sacred place to kneel in, it is a holy place to stand in all day long. There must be a change of heart, real, radical, vital, entire. Charles Spurgeon

"We have to realize that no effort can be too high, because Jesus says we are to be the children of our Father in heaven. It must be my utmost for His highest all the time and every time." --Oswald Chambers

And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that. —Luke 6:33

--

Oh, my hearers, ye little think how Gods true ministers do love your souls. Perhaps ye think it is easy work to stand here and preach to you. God knows, if that were all, it were easy work, but when we think that when we speak to you, your salvation or damnation in some measure depends upon what we say-when we reflect that if we are unfaithful watchmen, your blood will God require at our hands-oh, good God, when I reflect that I have preached to thousands in my lifetime, many thousands, and have perhaps said many things I ought not to have said, it startles me, it makes me shake and tremble. Charles Spurgeon

--

Never walk away from failure. On the contrary, study it carefully and imaginatively for its hidden assets. -Michael Korda

"Until we get through all the shivering wisdom that will not venture out on God, we will never know all that is involved in the life of faith. Fate means stoical resignation to an unknown force. Faith is not resignation to a power we do not know; faith is committal to One Whose character we do know because it has been revealed to us in Jesus Christ." --Oswald Chambers

"To wait upon God is not to sit with folded hands and do nothing, but to wait as men who wait for the harvest. The farmer does not wait idly but with intense activity; he keeps industriously “at it” until the harvest. To wait upon God is the perfection of activity. We are told to 'rest in the Lord,' not to rust." --Oswald Chambers

He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, and to love kindness and mercy, and to humble yourself and walk humbly with your God? Micah 6
All has been heard; the end of the matter is: Fear God [revere and worship Him, knowing that He is] and keep His commandments, for this is the whole of man [the full, original purpose of his creation, the object of God’s providence, the root of character, the foundation of all happiness, the adjustment to all inharmonious circumstances and conditions under the sun] and the whole [duty] for every man. Ecclesiastes 12

GOD knows, not only the deeds of the hand, but also the neglect of the heart. Del Kralman Susannah&# 39;s Grace Life Coaching ~~ Healing For The Wounded Heart
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 29 Nov 2015, 12:16 pm

[HeartTruths Blog] Inspiration, Motivation, and Positivity
"Faith never knows where it is being led, but it loves and knows the One who is leading"—Oswald Chambers

"Forgiveness, which is so easy for us to accept, cost the agony at Calvary. We should never take the forgiveness of sin in simple faith and then forget the enormous cost to God that made all of this ours. The cost to God was the Cross of Christ. To forgive sin, while remaining a holy God, this price had to be paid. Once you realize all that it cost God to forgive you, you will be held as in a vise, constrained by the love of God." --Oswald Chambers

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz

Let not mercy and kindness [shutting out all hatred and selfishness] and truth [shutting out all deliberate hypocrisy or falsehood] forsake you; bind them about your neck, write them upon the tablet of your heart. So shall you find favor, good understanding, and high esteem in the sight [or judgment] of God and man. Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding. In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths. Be not wise in your own eyes; reverently fear and worship the Lord and turn [entirely] away from evil." Proverbs 3

"Be careful of your thoughts, they may become words at any moment." - Iara Gassen

"Un-belief is a fretful, worrying, questioning, annoying, self-centred spirit. To believe is to stop all this and let God work." --Oswald Chambers

"The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Mahatma Gandhi

A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts it will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” Roald Dahl, The Twits

You can fake a mouth-smile any time you want, simply by moving your lips. I’ve also learned that a real mouth-smile always has an eye-smile to go with it. So watch out, I say, when someone smiles at you but his eyes stay the same. It’s sure to be a phony.” Roald Dahl, Danny the Champion of the World

"Jesus warned His disciples that they would be treated as nobodies; He never said they would be brilliant or marvellous. We all have a lurking desire to be exhibitions for God, to be put, as it were, in His show room. Jesus does not want us to be specimens; He wants us to be so taken up with Him that we never think about ourselves, and the only impression left on others by our life is that Jesus Christ is having unhindered way." --Oswald Chambers

"We cannot earn or win anything from God through our own efforts. We must either receive it as a gift or do without it. The greatest spiritual blessing we receive is when we come to the knowledge that we are destitute. Until we get there, our Lord is powerless. He can do nothing for us as long as we think we are sufficient in and of ourselves. We must enter into His kingdom through the door of destitution. " --Oswald Chambers

"If we are going to obey God there must be a concession made on our part; we have deliberately to trust the character of God as it has been revealed to us in the face of all obstacles." --Oswald Chambers
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 19 Nov 2015, 2:51 pm

[HeartTruths Blog] PotPourri of Inspiration and Hope

There is only one you so be your truest self and make a positive difference. ~Gretchen Offord

"Your life is a sacred journey. And it is about change, growth, discovery, movement, transformation, continuously expanding your vision of what is possible, stretching your soul, learning to see clearly and deeply, listening to your intuition, taking courageous challenges at every step along the way. You are on the path... exactly where you are meant to be right now... And from here, you can only go forward, shaping your life story into a magnificent tale of triumph, of healing of courage, of beauty, of wisdom, of power, of dignity, and of love." ~Caroline Adams
"Self-complace ncy and spiritual pride are always the beginning of degeneration. When I begin to be satisfied with where I am spiritually, instantly I begin to degenerate." --Oswald Chambers

Many of you are aware that I do life coaching. That involves counseling for heart (emotional) and mental health, relationships, faith, nutritionand lifestyle. One of the most neglected facets of our physical health is our emotions -- for each influences the other in powerful ways, research has proven.
Fear is 'something might, maybe, possibly happen' - but no evidence exists to prove itParanoia is 'something will, certainly, without a doubt happen' - but, again, no evidence exists to prove itPride is 'I am right, it is all about me, I don't need to learn anything, I haven't any faults, I don't need to work on my weaknesses, labeling others is ok'Humility says 'we each have something to share, can learn from each other, it is about all of us, I can always learn somethingnew, I'm aware of my weaknesses and am working on them, labels are not alright'
Something God said ought to make us nervous in reverential awe of Him. He said that He opposes the proud but gives grace(mercy, kindness, help) to the humble. We all can use God's mercy, right, especially in difficult times?

God tells us frequently in The Bible that He does not want us to fear (be afraid) or be paranoid because He is in full andtotal control (awareness) of everything. He wants us to step out on the limb of uncertainty so that we learn to trust Himdespite our opinions that doom might, or certainly will, happen...depending on the emotion (fear) or mindset/attitude (paranoia). He
does not want us to ignore or embrace our fearfulness but to acknowledge it and learn to walk through those fears (trusting does this).

He also wants us to trust each other because, as Christians, that reflects Him to those who have yet to know Him, and knowingHim is what Christ called 'eternal life'.
~Gretchen

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." -William Arthur Ward

"We are not sanctified for ourselves. Let Him have His way. The first thing God does is get us grounded on strong reality and truth. Most of us collapse at the first grip of pain. We sit down at the door of God's purpose and enter a slow death through self-pity. But God comes with the grip of the pierced hand of His Son, as if to say, 'Enter into fellowship with Me; arise and shine.' If God can accomplish His purposes in this world through a broken heart, then why not thank Him for breaking yours?" --Oswald Chambers

"All of God's people are ordinary people who have been made extraordinary by the purpose He has given them. It is not that you have gotten God, but that He has gotten you. His call came to you, and He will do with you what He is not doing with other people. Let Him have His way." --Oswald Chambers
The whole Word of God has a message for us. As Dr. McGee said “all Scripture is written for us, but not all Scripture is written to us.”

Words to live by: 1) Just Keep Moving; 2) That you do something badly is no reason not to; 3) "Oh yeah they caught me 
tap dancing out here in the lobby here – nice marble floor. Everyone should dance. And everyone should 
sing. People say, "Well, I can't sing." Everybody can sing. That you do it badly is no reason not to 
sing; 4) The point is to enjoy. You have to pick what you enjoy doing, what fulfills you, what 
interests you. Dick van Dyke
A HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY. . .You cannot take pride in your humility and still be humble....
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 03 Oct 2015, 8:48 pm

[HeartTruths Blog] Inspirational
 . Posted by: "Gretchen Offord [SGLC]" gretchjc
Christianity isn't a religion, with a manual or textbook to study, and rites to complete as a matter of protocol. Christianity is love for God and others, doing for others self less ly. It is a relationship with God that surrenders to God's will and lives to serve others..." And this is the way to have eternal life—to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth." It is self sacrifice, generosity, giving up of one's rights, money, property for the wellbeing and betterment of others. It is respecting others, listening, being compassionate and merciful. It is being in private the same person one claims in name to be in public. It is honesty, admitting failings (bad habits) and working to overcome them. It is firstmost heart (emotions), then soul (spirituality) , mind (thoughts), and body (strength); in that order. The evidence of this faith (relationship with God) is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self control (in that order, the timeline of maturing). It is defined by attitude and behavior in 1 Corinthians 13..."Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. "
--Hard Sayings of Christ.
"If you [really] love Me, you will keep (obey) My commands.
"The person who has My commands and keeps them is the one who [really] loves Me; and whoever [really] loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I [too] will love him and will show (reveal, manifest) Myself to him. [I will let Myself be clearly seen by him and make Myself real to him.]
"Jesus answered, If a person [really] loves Me, he will keep My word [obey My teaching]; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home (abode, special dwelling place) with him. 
Anyone who does not [really] love Me does not observe and obey My teaching. And the teaching which you hear and heed is not Mine, but [comes] from the Father Who sent Me.
"I have loved you, [just] as the Father has loved Me; abide in My love [continue in His love with Me]. 
 If you keep My commandments [if you continue to obey My instructions] , you will abide in My love and live on in it, just as I have obeyed My Father’s commandments and live on in His love.
" And this is eternal life: [it means] to know (to perceive, recognize, become acquainted with, and understand) You, the only true and real God, and [likewise] to know Him, Jesus [as the] Christ (the Anointed One, the Messiah), Whom You have sent." John 14-17

Hard Sayings of Christ.
“Why do you call Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not practice what I tell you?  Everyone who comes to Me and listens to My words and obeys them, I will show you whom he is like:  he is like a [far-sighted, practical, and sensible] man building a house, who dug deep and laid a foundation on the rock; and when a flood occurred, the torrent burst against that house and yet could not shake it, because it had been securely built and founded on the rock.  But the one who has [merely] heard and has not practiced [what I say], is like a [foolish] man who built a house on the ground without any foundation, and the torrent burst against it; and it immediately collapsed, and the ruin of that house was great.” Luke 6
“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven.  Many will say to Me on that day [when I judge them], ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, and driven out demons in Your name, and done many miracles in Your name?’  And then I will declare to them publicly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me [you are banished from My presence], you who act wickedly [disregarding My commands].’ Matthew 7

If you are idle in Christ’s work, you are active in the devil’s work. Charles Spurgeon

A great thinker was asked, 'What is the meaning of life?' He replied, 'Life itself has no meaning, it is an opportunity to create a meaning.'

THE FOUR AGREEMENTS
1.) Be impeccable with your word.
2.) Don't take anything personally.
3.) Don't make assumptions.
4.) Always do your best.
~Miguel Ruiz

"Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God... “For this is how God loved the world: He [loved the world so much that He] gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3
"And this is the way to have eternal life—to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth." John 17
"Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Matthew 28

"The danger is to fit the call of God into the idea of our own discernment and say, "God called me there." If we say so and stick to it, then it is good-bye to the development of the life of God in us. We have deliberately shifted the ground of His call to fit our own conception of what He wants." --Oswald Chambers

"Weighing the pros and cons for and against a statement of Jesus Christ's means that for the time being I refuse to obey Him." --Oswald Chambers

The FAITHFUL MASTER DESIGNER chooses what we go through; we choose how we go through it. Del Kralman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 14 Sep 2015, 10:03 pm

"Immediately you begin to forecast and plan for yourself, God will break up your programme; He delights to do it, until we learn to live like children based on the knowledge that God is ruling and reigning and rejoicing, and His joy is our strength." --Oswald Chambers

"If you're feeling frightened about what comes next, don't be. Embrace the uncertainty. Allow it to lead you places. Be brave as it challenges you to exercise both your heart and your mind as you create your own path towards happiness, don't waste time with regret. Spin wildly into your next action. Enjoy the present, each moment, as it comes; because you'll never get another one quite like it. And if you should ever look up and find yourself lost, simply take a breath and start over. Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You'll find your way again." 

"If we believe in Jesus, it is not what we gain but what He pours through us that really counts. God's purpose is not simply to make us beautiful, plump grapes, but to make us grapes so that He may squeeze the sweetness out of us. Now is the time for us to stop seeking our own satisfaction and to pour out our lives before Him." --Oswald Chambers

My Prayer...
Almighty God and Abba Father, I do want to know you and to be known by you. Yes, there are things in my heart and my life that I wish were not there. But I know your grace and I am confident that you know my heart and its desire to reflect your glory, share your grace, and display your character. Thank you for the gift of being your child and having my future secured. In Jesus' name. Amen.

---
Did you know?
Did you know that breath prayers are not Biblical but are of Shamanism, and Wiccan origins?
Breath prayers are not in The Bible.
Prayers in The Bible are spoken words of praise and supplication to The LORD (Elohim, Jehovah). 
Examples are found in the Psalms and John 17.
Helps to know the difference. Also helps to remember that if the activity you are being shown is not specifically in The Bible by example or command, leave it alone. You have no idea what you are opening yourselves up to by following 'traditions of man', human activities that only recently have been ascribed to The Bible but are not found in God's Holy Word.
---

Wayne Dyer quotes:

”My belief is that the truth is a truth until you organize it, and then becomes a lie. I don’t think that Jesus was teaching Christianity, Jesus was teaching kindness, love, concern, and peace. What I tell people is don’t be Christian, be Christ-like.”

“Self-worth comes from one thing – thinking that you are worthy.”

“It is impossible for you to be angry and laugh at the same time. Anger and laughter are mutually exclusive and you have the power to choose either.”

“Love is the ability and willingness to allow those that you care for to be what they choose for themselves without any insistence that they satisfy you.”

“When you squeeze an orange, orange juice comes out – because that’s what’s inside. When you are squeezed, what comes out is what is inside.”

“Circumstances do not make a man, they reveal him.”

“Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.”

“With everything that has happened to you, you can feel sorry for yourself or treat what has happened as a gift. Everything is either an opportunity to grow or an obstacle to keep you from growing. You get to choose.”

"I came to a realization this year that I feel compelled to share here, for whomsoever may need it: Avoiding fear, sadness or anger is not the same thing as being happy. I live my sadness every day, but I don't resent it anymore. Instead, I do it now so that the wonderful moments of joy I do find are not in order to forget, but to inhabit and enjoy for their own sake. It's not easy. In fact, I'd say it takes much more effort to consciously do than it does to just stay sad, but with all my heart, I cannot tell you how worth it it is. And for those suffering from depression, I know how dark and 
endless that tunnel can feel, but if happiness seems impossible to find, please hold on to the possibility of hope, faint though it may be. Because I promise you, there're enough nights under the same yellow moon for all of us to share, no matter how or when you find your way there." Zelda Williams (Robin's daughter)

"Jesus says--'He that believeth on Me,' out of him 'shall flow rivers of living water.' If we begin to examine outflow, we lose touch with the Source. We have to pay attention to the Source and God will look after the outflow." --Oswald Chambers

When you stand up for your religion/faith, how do you do it? For others - In a way that reflects God's love so that others will want to know Him because of you? Or for self, that is wanting to do as your religion dictates? As believers of Christ we are to live our lives so that others will know God's love through us; we are not to be demanding for self (see Love's definition, 1 Corinthians 13). Paul and Silas were jailed because they were sharing the love of God with others and some authorities tried to silence them; in contrast, they weren't standing up for their religion/faith, wanting freedom to worship. That's why they said they must obey God, because they knew the desperate need for others to hear about God's love (John 3). 

~

"Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me, I once was lost but now am found, was blind but now I see. ’Twas grace that taught my heart to fear, And grace my fears relieved; How precious did that grace appear The hour I first believed." 

A favorite song yet something strikes me: blind to what? What is now seen? Did the author see others differently, with more heart? Note the 
emphasis on 'heart&# 39;, the whole of a person. Also note the two different fears: one of awe and reverence, the second of human worries. And whatever happened, it happened immediately upon the belief action. I'm guessing the words are not reflecting an intellectual learning (head) but a heart growing, healing. What is 'the sound' he mentions? The sound of kindness, mercy, love? What found him, embraced him, gave him a security he hadn't had before? I'll dare say it wasn't religion, but a person. Rites, rules, books, and rituals don't move a person like 'amazing grace' moved this man. He met someone who accepted him, gave him hope and love. And he's doing as he ought when finding something that powerful: 
passing on the gift of mercy, hope, and love. ~gretchen

Hard Sayings of Christ. Love is an Action, Verb

“But I say to you, [n]love [that is, unselfishly seek the best or higher good for] your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,  so that you may [show yourselves to] be the children of your Father who is in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on those who are evil and on those who are good, and makes the rain fall on the righteous [those who are morally upright] and the unrighteous [the unrepentant, those who oppose Him]. 
"For if you love [only] those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do that?  And if you greet only your brothers [wishing them God’s blessing and peace], what more [than others] are you doing? Do not even the Gentiles [who do not know the Lord] do that? 
"You, therefore, will be perfect [growing into spiritual maturity both in mind and character, actively integrating godly values into your daily life], as your heavenly Father is perfect." Matthew 5

n: The key to understanding this and other statements about love is to know that this love (the Greek word agape) is not so much a matter of emotion as it is of doing things for the benefit of another person, that is, having an unselfish concern for another and a willingness to seek the best for another.

Hard Sayings of Christ. Christ's emphasis: don't seek or follow signs -- seek Him!

"Now as the crowds were [increasingly] thronging Him, He began to say, This present generation is a wicked one; it seeks and demands a sign (miracle), but no sign shall be given to it except the sign of Jonah [the prophet]." Luke 11 

"Now the Pharisees and Sadducees came up, and testing Jesus [to get something to use against Him], they asked Him to show them a sign from heaven [which would support His divine authority].  But He replied to them, “When it is evening, you say, ‘It will be fair weather, for the sky is red.’ And in the morning, ‘It will be stormy today, for the sky is red and has a threatening look.’ You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but cannot interpret the signs of the times? An evil and [morally] unfaithful generation craves a [miraculous] sign; but no sign will be given to it, except 
the sign of [the prophet] Jonah.” Then He left them and went away." Matthew 16

Adulterous (Double Minded, Compromised, Unfaithful), Sign Seeking Followers of Christ? Christ gives one sign: Repentance. 
Christ's emphasis always was on living a lifestyle -- abiding -- in God evidenced by love, compassion, generosity, and kindness; and not getting caught up in traditions of man (such as sign seeking, heart-neglecting intellectualism, or rule-demanding legalism).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 01 Sep 2015, 6:38 pm

HeartTruths Blog] Perspective

Too many times we open ourselves to ideas, emotions, concepts that are extremely destructive to ourhealth of heart (emotions), soul, mind (thoughts), and body (physical). What we engage in soundsinteresting even valid but in truth it is arsenic iced in sugar...utter poison to us. We do not usediscernment (objective analysis) to determine the validity of the information but, instead, if it issomething that sounds like it's from The Bible we presume it is wholly truth when in reality it is twistedtruth in order to provide the false teacher with power, control, fame, attention, money.

There is an alternative to the garbage pretending to be truth: discernment.

There's also another thing: humor. In my interactions with others struggling with the facets of chronic pain I have determined one thing: findhumor in it. I know personally the perils of depression (anger turned inwards, denied and repressed, self-pity and sorrow).I encourage others to spend time each day enjoying clean wholesome laughter as such does wonderful things forour entire bodies (heart, soul, mind, body) by releasing endorphins. These marvels called 'endorphins&# 39; are God's creationto help us improve upon the negatives that come with life. We are not to focus on negativity but insteadto see truth, both positive and negative, using discernment (God gives this to us when we ask for it) and then live our lives as Christ commanded: in lovingkindness, selfless ness, generosity, mercy, graciousness, encouragement, support, faith (trust), hope and love.
When we, as Christians, listen to/watch/read, etc. information we are supposed to be verifying that it is inagreement (not merely a topical reference) with God's Word. So many 'false teachings' have arisen becausesomeone made God's Word fit a situation rather than, as God commands, adjusting ourselves to Him, admittingwe do not know it all. Humbled in our acknowledgement that we are unable to figure all things out we trust God with what we do not know.and live in accordance with Christ's commands to live love, kindness, mercy, and generosity.
Christianity is not religion (rites, rituals, knowing / following a guide/textbook) , but a relationship with Godthrough Christ that develops within a person love, self respect, generosity, compassion, listening,acceptanc e, tolerance... .and the evidence of this change is in serving others, with compassion and mercy.Christianity does not gossip (share false information for personal gain), is not rude or self seeking or pushy - demanding it's own way (rights). 

Christianity simply listens to, and follows Christ, as a priority. It loves unconditionally as God loves. It doesnot prioritize the traditions (works) of man but emphasizes Christ and His love in all things.

Love also warns of impending tragedy when someone, with whom we are in relationship, is careening 
down a destructive path -- we warn them not to hurt them (shame, demean), but toencourage them to be healthy. This is Biblical, not legalism or judgement. If we are not in a relationshipwith another we are not allowed to make such determinations for we do not have the facts aboutthat person. Such uninformed determinations are judgment, and against Christ's commands. He saidthat only God knows the heart (the history of hurts, wounds, choices) and without that information weare unequipped to make determinations, judgments. We see the behavior alone BUT God sees the heart..the history, the choices, the influences from wrong associations (friendships, influences).

When we struggle with regrets of the past, we can wallow in the sorrow OR we can make new memories,use our experiences to help others, and rebuild.
When we realize that we are involved with someone who is 'stuck in negative' attitudes (such as anger,fear, pride) or actions we are warned by God to minimize our association with them or we will becomelike them, with specific references to anger, foolishness, bitter envy (resentment) or jealousy (fear of losing)are given.

We are obligated to God in response for His great gift of salvation to be healthy in heart, soul, mind and body. This doesn'tmean being an intellectual head knowledge Christian, it means to be fully as God created us to be: heart, soul, mindand body. It includes being aware of - and resolving - emotions especially those unresolved from years ago, the shame and guiltfor mistakes made in life, acknowledging that we have associated with persons who unknown to us arecarrying hidden emotional toxins and work to distance ourselves from them, and making every day a gift to God byliving as He commands...not coldly but in humor, enjoyment, positiveness, and service to others.
We have all regrets, choices made or unmade. That's life. It's what we do in response to our regrets that reflectsour maturity level. There are two options: wallow in self-pity or rebuild.

There are three facets we must include in our lives: faith (trust in God), hope, and love.
And three things we must exclude from our lives: fear (false evidence appearing to be real), anger, and resentment (self pity).
It's up to us. God gives us, through Christ, the how-to, in John 14-17. We simply need to follow Him, and it. Christ createdthis life ('Author&# 39;) and He knows best how to live it.

Inspiring Hope,Gretchen
©2015 Gretchen Offord, Susannah' s Grace Life Coaching. All rights reserved.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 25 Aug 2015, 9:53 pm

The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi

From THE SEARCH FOR REALITY: Often, we respond to pain, misfortune, and being emotionally wounded with 
an attitude of self-pity. In times like these, we think, “It’s all about me,” and become completely 
self-absorbed and self-serving. We may not wish ill upon others, but all that really matters is our 
own situation, regardless of what that might be. When hard times come, we concentrate on ourselves to 
the exclusion of almost everything else, and it costs us. Robert McGee, "Search for Significance"

"Beware of becoming careless over the small details of life and saying, 'Oh, that will have to do for 
now.' Ultimately, God will allow nothing to escape; every detail of our lives is under His scrutiny. 
God will bring us back in countless ways, with the most persistent patience, to the same point over 
and over again until we learn the lesson. Whatever it may be, God will point it out with persistence 
until we become entirely His." --Oswald Chambers,

“Like food is to the body, self-talk is to the mind. Don't let any junk thoughts repeat in your head.”
― Maddy Malhotra

"The thing to remember when traveling is that the trail is the thing, not the end of the trail. Travel 
too fast and you miss all you are traveling for." ~ Louis L’Amour

Don’t speak to me about your religion; first show it to me in how you treat other people. Don't tell me how much you love your God; show me in how much you love all His children. Don't preach to me your passion for your faith; teach me through your compassion for your neighbors. In the end, I'm not as interested in what you have to tell or sell as in how you choose to live and give. - Cory Booker

"When you put up an umbrella of sin, the sunshine of God's love will not fall on you. But it's still there for you." J Vernon McGee

"Always give the best you have got every time; never think about who you are giving it to; let other people take it or leave it as they choose. Pour out the best you have, and always be poor. Never reserve anything; never be diplomatic and careful about the treasure God gives." --Oswald Chambers

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.
Aesop’s Fables

Gratitude consists of being more aware of what you have, than what you don’t.
Unknown

Tell me what it is you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
Mary Oliver

There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth… not going all the way, and not starting.
Buddha

A friend is someone who knows your song, and sings it to you when you’ve forgotten it yourself.
Alan Cohen

I've always believed that you can think positive just as well as you can think negative.
Sugar Ray Robinson

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 24 Aug 2015, 9:55 pm

[HeartTruths Blog] The Opposite Isn't...
What is Love? The insurpassable indefinable foundation of Christianity. Unconditional. Valuing. Overlooking. Esteeming.
Read through the Gospel of John and the letters (epistles) of John...love is his primary focus for he was the 'disciple who discoveredLove. '

What is Love's opposite? Some have suggested that its opposite is apathy while others suppose it is hatred. Neither suggestions are correct, really. The opposite of Love is not apathy or hatred.

The original positive? Love. The original sin: Pride. Therefore, the opposite of love is pride.

The major difference with Christianity versus religion is Love. Love for others is why Christ gave up His rights and what Hecommands be the evidence of one's relationship with God through Him.

Love is full of the care and concern for others (in a healthy way). Love doesn't necessarily need words to be expressed, foractions reflect its priority from the heart.

Pride is full of oneself. (Ancient proverb: Any person full of themselves makes a very small package).

Love is all about 'others&# 39; (in a healthy way).
Pride is all about 'I'.
Pride does not see itself until it is broken or humbled. It portrays itself as perfection. It can be very strong and is often abusive, cold hearted, critical, and judgmental. It does not understand, listen, or involve itself. It stands aloof and separate due to fear.
Love, on the other hand, is like a rolling wave of prairie grass or ocean current that goes on and on endlessly. Love gets paid forward, is helpful and helping, cares for/about others, it listens, understands, sees beyond the circumstances, sees a bigger picture, builds hope and faith. Love seesas God sees, or at least tries to do so.

Here's a comparison, based upon God's definition of Love (as the one who knows it best):
---Love---Patient          Kind          Does not envy (covet, resent)          Does not demand
Does not boast (brag, self promote, act smug)          It is not proudDoes not dishonor others          Is not self-seeking          Is not easily angeredKeeps no record of wrongs (hold grudges)          Does not delight in evil (injustice)
Rejoices with the truth          It always protects          Always trusts (God; believes for the best in others)
Always hopes          Always perseveres         Love never fails(1 Corinthians 13)

Pride ---Impatient          Unkind (gossipy, critical)          Envies (covets, resents)Demands its rights          Boasts (self promotes, uses titles, is smug)It all about 'I'          Dishonors others (for selfish gain, pity, attention; bears false witness [misrepresents] , criticizes; gossips)Seeks selfishly for material or other gain          Easily angeredHolds grudges, avenges self (revenge, gets even)          Delights in wrong doing (if it makes themselves look good)Rejoices in false information&# 39;s spread          Protects self, sabotages othersDistrusts, suspicious, jealous (fearful of losing)          Has no hope (sees negatively, all/nothing or black/white)
Unfaithful, disloyal, little 'stick-to- it-tiveness&# 39;          Does not last, goes where self is served.

Christians should be known for one thing: their love for others.
Prayer: God, let Your style of Love be our hallmark every day.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 25 Jul 2015, 9:14 pm

[HeartTruths Blog] Inspiration

Hard Sayings of Christ 

''He replied: 'Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The time is near.’ Do not follow them.' '' Luke 21

"...and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people...For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect." Matthew 24

"Many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am he,’ and will deceive many..." Mark 13

These comments are not about false religions but about false teachings --in-- 'the church'. Are they in your church? Do you know the keywords?

Traditions (habits, activities, rules) of man are the avenue by which false teachings are embraced. Question anything promoted by a 'Christian&# 39; leader or church that is not clearly in The Bible, Acts 17:11.
False christs are not merely people claiming to be Christ but those who act like demigods: seeking their own kingdoms, fame/notoriety, wealth, power.

There are currently three major widespread false teachings that are extremely popular and epidemic within 'the church' in the US. And worse they are being combined, doubling their destructiveness, for they deceive and emphasize self rather than Christ - even as His commands on these false teachings are neglected. Notice this: how many sermons do you hear on Christ, obedience to Him, His commands?

One major false teaching, in fact, directly contradicts Biblical teaching on the subject/activity it promotes, while the other two twist God's Word to suit selfish motivations.

Only way to know what is false? Know Truth which is Christ, so read The Gospels repeatedly to know what Christ said for He is the one outside, knocking at the door to be let back in to the churches. Seriously.

See also Paul's comments:

"For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths." 2 Timothy 4

"...so also these teachers oppose the truth. They are men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected." 2 Timothy 3

-

"Unbelief is the most active thing on earth; it is a fretful, worrying, questioning, annoying, selfcentred spirit. To believe is to stop all this and let God work." --Oswald Chambers

Strange it is, that God has seldom chosen the great men of this world. High places and faith in Christ do seldom well agree. Charles Spurgeon

"Jesus&# 39; instructions with regard to judging others is very simply put; He says, 'Don' t.' Stop having a measuring stick for other people. There is always at least one more fact, which we know nothing about, in every person's situation. If I see a speck in your eye, it means that I have a plank of timber in 
my own. I have never met a person I could despair of, or lose all hope for, after discerning what lies in me apart from the grace of God." --Oswald Chambers

"Let memory have its way. It is a minister of God with its rebuke and chastisement and sorrow. God will turn the 'might have been' into a wonderful culture for the future." --Oswald Chambers

Studying the textbook is head knowledge, but...
knowing, in-depth & over time, the Author is a heart relationship.
Big difference.
~gretchen

"Once God has placed His call upon you, woe be to you if you 'turn aside to the right hand or to the left' (Deuteronomy 5:32). We are not here to work for God because we have chosen to do so, but because God has 'laid hold of' us. And once He has done so, we never have this thought, 'Well, I'm really not suited for this.' Your life is in the grip of God for that very purpose." --Oswald Chambers

"Jesus said, 'Go . . . and make disciples' , not converts to your opinions." --Oswald Chambers

Jesus' love, even if it came with hard words, somehow always seemed and felt like love. People were seen. They were heard. They were touched. They were left with more dignity than when they started. I'm not sure LGBT people can say the same about their encounters with most Christians. John Pavlovitz, HuffPost

Being 'mighty&# 39; of or for God means living in surrender to God, living humbly, seeking justice, giving mercy. It means that caring for 'the least of these' is the highest priority in one's life next to one's relationship with God.It means one is fully familiar with Christ's description of living 'in fellowship&# 39; with God, John 14-17. Christ said the least are the greatest, thus what we have come to call great: leaders, teachers, etc. aren't really great, they are just good at what they do. Doesn't make them any more 'in fellowship&# 39; with God, though, than anyone else. Perhaps we'd better start changing what we prioritize, so that we are in line with Christ.

"Before I can say, 'I saw the Lord,' there must be something in my character that conforms to the likeness of God. Until I am born again and really begin to see the kingdom of God, I only see from the perspective of my own biases. What I need is God's surgical procedure--His use of external 
circumstances to bring about internal purification. " --Oswald Chambers

"Paul was overwhelmed with the sense of his indebtedness to Jesus Christ. The greatest inspiration in Paul's life was his view of Jesus Christ as his spiritual creditor. Do I feel that same sense of indebtedness to Christ regarding every unsaved soul? My life's spiritual honor and duty is to fulfill 
my debt to Christ in relation to these lost souls. Am I doing anything to enable Him to bring His redemption into evident reality in the lives of others?" --Oswald Chambers

"The new life will manifest itself in conscious repentance and unconscious holiness, never the other way about. The bedrock of Christianity is repentance. If ever you cease to know the virtue of repentance, you are in darkness." --Oswald Chambers

"The righteous man is the one whose inner intention is clearly revealed in his outer intention; there is no duplicity, no internal hypocrisy." --Oswald Chambers

"Looking for opportunities to serve God is an impertinence; every time and all the time is our opportunity of serving God." --Oswald Chambers

---
Beware Of Pride
PROVERBS 16:18 NIV " Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall."
Pride is deadly. But instead of warning us the world encourages pride in every way. What is pride?

Pride is faith in yourself, instead of faith in God.

The root of pride is selfishness: putting yourself first. Thinking you are the most important. 

Thinking you know the most. Thinking you deserve better than someone else.

Pride will cause you to go your own way instead of God's way. Pride makes you think you do not need God's advice or help.
Pride is the root of all sin. It causes you to turn away from God instead of turning to Him. All disobedience has pride as its root. All rebellion has pride behind it. All mistreatment of other people is caused by pride: putting yourself and your feelings above the other person and their 
feelings.
The world system promotes people who are proud, and often gives them great riches. Jesus said pride is evil and defiles a person. (Mark 7:21-23)

While the world may promote the proud for a short time, their fame and success will not last.

JAMES 4:6 NKJ . . . "God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble."

Pride is the most serious, and the most subtle, sin. It often goes unrecognized.

Beware!

SAY THIS: Lord, help me to beware of pride.
---

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 28 Jun 2015, 11:15 pm

[HeartTruthsBlog] Quality of Life...
 By Michael Feeley / Tips for Transformation & Inspiration / June 27, 2015
One Easy Way to Change Negative, Judgmental Thoughts
via maria shriver.com

We all want quality of life. We’re searching for it. Building it. Work at it daily.

But…Do you ever feel you’re bogged down by your negative thoughts? That you have nothing good to say 

about anyone or anything? That you’re too critical, too judgmental and too irritated about people and 

things?Having a steady negative state of mind is killing your happiness and ruining the quality of 

your life.

So you have two choices: 

Make a choice to change and upgrade the thoughts that dominate your life. Live with: kindness, 

respect, positivity, goodness, happiness, compassion, love…

Or

Live with: meanness, negativity, misery, revenge, anger, ill-will…

It’s that clear. That simplicity of a choice.

American author, poet and philosopher Henry David Thoreau expressed it this way: “As a single footstep 

will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a 

deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over 

the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives.â€

Having a heaven or hell state of mind

“He’s a jerk… she’s always so thoughtful… why can’t he figure it out for himself… what does she want 

now… he takes good care of himself… I love helping people… she wears the same outfit every time she 

goes out… life sucks and I’ll never get anywhere no matter how hard I try… I’m such a fortunate 

person.â€

See what I mean? Every minute we’re judging and labeling something. Choosing and shuttling back and 

forth between — love or hate — anger or gratitude — happiness or resentment? What effect does your 

preference have on you?

Certainly some of your thoughts are true and you should stick to them 100 percent, but I’m encouraging 

you to go deeper into yourself and consciously be aware of the choices you make and… what your 

thoughts actually do to you. Do they make you strong and happy or weak and sad? What feels good and 

what doesn’t?

Life Coach and author Dr. Martha Beck puts it like this: “It isn’t necessary to know exactly how your 

ideal life will look; you only have to know what feels better and what feels worse. If something feels 

both good and bad, break it down into its components to see which are warm, which cold. Begin making 

choices based on what makes you feel freer and happier, rather than how you think an ideal life should 

look. It’s the process of feeling our way toward happiness, not the realization of some Platonic ideal 

that creates our best lives.â€

Right now start watching your thoughts and actions. See what runs you.

– What do you like?

– What do you hate?

– How much do you complain?

– How do you treat people?

– Are you kind or thoughtless?

– What is your state of mind?

– What is in your heart?

We’re way too good at the wrong things

For years I prided myself in my ability to tear people down rather than looking for the good. I felt 

powerful finding flaws, making fun and figuring out ways to get back at someone.

The pleasure I got out of scorning people was narrow and contemptuous — the wrong kind of pleasure — 

and over time my meanness ended up making me a very cold person. When the time came to have real 

feeling for people, to be honestly helpful and kind I felt practically nothing.

The destructive thought choices I made spoiled most of my genuine, good feelings — the natural 

sweetness of heart and love we are all born with for other people and things.

I didn’t like myself for being this way and that is why I started to change and make new choices about 

how I treated people. I wanted to feel good!

I started to watch myself like a hawk. Checking my thoughts and actions and consciously choosing to 

have a good effect on people — to actively be kind.

I knew things started to change when simple thoughtful gestures just naturally happened. Sincerely 

smiling at someone or thinking about doing something nice for a friend for no special reason. I began 

to feel good about myself; feeling free, warm and relaxed, not angry or hard.

I learned that the thoughts we put out into the world make us who we are. If we broadcast negativity 

we attract it right back like a magnet. If we appreciate and give then kindness and love comes our 

way.

So here’s your assignment: Take every negative thought you have and match it with an alternative 

positive thought. Instantly focus and reframe it. Change it. Turn it around. Watch what happens. See 

if you feel better about yourself and the world.

When you promote goodness you promote your own total well-being.
    When you step away from being pessimistic you gain positive feelings, new peace and hope.
    When you start liking things you move away from needless suffering and bitterness into greater joy 

and happiness.

Practice and put it into place. Let go of what disturbs you. Over time the change will happen. It’s 

like quenching your thirst. Feeding your hunger. Getting a long and restful sleep.

The quality of your thoughts create the quality of your life.

Choose to honor life — not to disparage it. It’s the deepest and most natural and pleasurable thing in 

you. It’s who you truly are and you owe it to yourself and others to live life fully with goodness and 

generosity.

Go for it! You can have real and lasting happiness. And let me know in the comments how it’s going.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 27 Jun 2015, 11:11 pm

HaertTruthsBlog] Hard Sayings...
Hard Sayings of Christ Christ mentioned few things on the behaviors of humanity in His predictive comments on His return; but He did mention environmental conditions and conflicts. But -- He mentioned many things about the condition of The Church - those are the most noteworthy, most important the lack of faith in Him and love: The demigods (false messiahs, big names [with even bigger egos]), the self and money priorities, the idolatry (objects including media), false prophets (false predictions though many attempts made), the lack of faith in Him, the lack of love.... "... For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many...At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold.." "For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The time is near.’ Do not follow them..." Matthew 24, Luke 21, 2 Timothy 3-4 Worth noting.
  "The head may seek God, but it is the heart that finds Him." Jeremiah 29:13
Susannah' s Grace Life Coaching
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 27 Jun 2015, 11:04 pm

HeartTruthsBlog] From the heart...
 Posted by: "Gretchen Offord [SGLC]" gretchjc
"The Lord doesn't see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16

"Anyone who does not live righteously and does not love others does not belong to God. This is the message you have heard from the beginning: We should love one another." 1 John 3

"Dear friends, I am not writing a new commandment for you; rather it is an old one you have had from the very beginning. This old commandment to love one another ”is the same message you heard before. Yet it is also new. Jesus lived the truth of this commandment. .." 1 John 2

We have one obligation to God - to share His love, which He showed us before we chose to believe on Christ, with others. It's a command, not a suggestion.. .'for God so loved..'  "The head may seek God, but it is the heart that finds Him." Jeremiah 29:13
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 04 May 2015, 9:33 pm

"There is a potential hero in every man--and a potential skunk." --Oswald Chambers

"The measure of a life, after all, is not its duration but its donation." -Corrie ten Boom

"Faith is not intelligent understanding; faith is deliberate commitment to a Person where I see no way." --Oswald Chambers
"There is nothing easier than getting into the right relationship with God, unless it is not God you seek, but only what He can give you. If you have only come as far as asking God for things, you have never come to the point of understanding what surrender really means. And instantly God puts His finger on the reason--you are not seeking the Lord at all; you are seeking something for yourself." --Oswald Chambers

"The One who walked by the Sea of Galilee, who was so gracious and merciful, is the same One who walks with the believer today." - JV McGee

“Do you know what hurts so very much? It's love. Love is the strongest force in the world, and when it is blocked that means pain. There are two things we can do when this happens. We can kill that love so that it stops hurting. But then of course part of us dies, too. Or we can ask God to open up another route for that love to travel.” ― Corrie ten Boom

"Faith is more than an attitude of mind, faith is the complete, passionate, earnest trust of our whole nature in the Gospel of God's grace as it is presented in the Life and Death and Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ." --Oswald Chambers

The MASTER counsels us to be careful to observe all that HE has taught you in HIS HOLY WORD. Obeying HIS commands in wisdom and understanding so others will see you as a people of the HOLY ONE who fear HIM and faithfully walk in HIS footsteps. Del Rifkah

"Patience is not the same as indifference; patience conveys the idea of someone who is tremendously strong and able to withstand all assaults. Having the vision of God is the source of patience because it gives us God's true and proper inspiration. You always know when the vision is of God because of the inspiration that comes with it. Things come to you with greatness and add vitality to your life because everything is energized by God." --Oswald Chambers

"My worth to God in public is what I am in private. Is my master ambition to please Him and be acceptable to Him, or is it something else, no matter how noble?" --Oswald Chambers

"Worldliness is not the trap that most endangers us. The trap we fall into is extravagantly desiring spiritual success. Never seek after anything other than the approval of God. We have a commercialized view--we count how many souls have been saved and sanctified, we thank God, and then we think everything is all right. Yet our work only begins where God's grace has laid the foundation. Our work is not to save souls, but to disciple them." --Oswald Chambers
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 17 Apr 2015, 10:22 pm

[HeartTruths Blog] Inspirational Quotes
 Posted by: "Gretchen Offord [SGLC]" gretchjc
"We have judged our fellow men as sinners. If God should judge us like that we would be in hell. God judges us through the marvellous Atonement of Jesus Christ." --Oswald Chambers

“Whether we're a preschooler or a young teen, a graduating college senior or a retired person, we human beings all want to know that we're acceptable, that our being alive somehow makes a difference in the lives of others.†― Fred Rogers

"Beware of surrender that is motivated by personal benefits that may result. Our motive for surrender should not be for any personal gain at all. We have become so self-centered that we go to God only for something from Him, and not for God himself. True surrender will always go beyond natural devotion. Beware of stopping anywhere short of total surrender to God." --Oswald Chambers

"People say God helps us to forget our past, but is that true? Every now and again the Spirit of God brings us back to remember who we are, and the pit from whence we were digged, so that we understand that all we are is by the sovereign grace of God, not by our own work, otherwise we would be uplifted and proud." --Oswald Chambers

"You worship God, my friend, by the life that you live." - Dr. J. Vernon McGee
"God has given His commands to us, but we pay no attention to them--not because of willful disobedience, but because we do not truly love and respect Him. We show how little love we have for God by preferring to listen to His servants rather than to Him. Why are we so terrified for God to 
speak to us? It is because we know that when God speaks we must either do what He asks or tell Him we will not obey." --Oswald Chambers

"Look back over your life in grace, whether long or short, and ask yourself which are the days that have furthered you most in the knowledge of God--the days of sunshine and peace and prosperity? Never! The days of adversity, the days of strain, the days of sudden surprises, the days when the earthly house of this tabernacle was strained to its last limit, those are the days when you learned the meaning of this passion of 'Go.' " --Oswald Chambers

"The goal of my spiritual life is such close identification with Jesus Christ that I will always hear God and know that God always hears me. What hinders me from hearing is my attention to other things. It is not that I don't want to hear God, but I am not devoted in the right areas of my life. I am devoted to things and even to service and my own convictions. The attitude of a child of God should always be, 'Speak, for Your servant hears.'" --Oswald Chambers

A rabbi once said: "We are closer to GOD when we are asking questions than when we think we have the answers."
Del Rifkah

"Sometimes God puts us through the experience and discipline of darkness to teach us to hear and obey Him. Are you in the dark right now in your circumstances, or in your life with God? If so, then remain quiet. Darkness is the time to listen. Once you hear Him, He gives you the gift of humiliation, which brings a softness of heart--a gift that will always cause you to listen to God now." --Oswald Chambers

"Has it ever dawned on you that you are responsible spiritually to God for other people? For instance, if I allow any turning away from God in my private life, everyone around me suffers. If you allow physical selfishness, mental carelessness, moral insensitivity, or spiritual weakness, everyone in contact with you will suffer." --Oswald Chambers

Wisdom belongs to those who seek advise. Del Rifkah

"If for one whole day, quietly and determinedly, we were to give ourselves up to the ownership of Jesus and to obeying His orders, we should be amazed at its close to realise all He had packed into that one day." --Oswald Chambers,

"In the garden of Gethsemane, the disciples went to sleep when they should have stayed awake, and once they realized what they had done it produced despair. Whenever we realize we have not taken advantage of a magnificent opportunity, we are apt to sink into despair. But Jesus comes and lovingly says to us, in essence, 'That opportunity is lost forever and you can't change that. But get up, and let's go on to the next thing.' Never let the sense of past failure defeat your next step." --Oswald Chambers

"Watch spiritual hardness, if ever you have the tiniest trace of it, haul up everything else till you get back your softness to the Spirit of God." --Oswald Chambers
"Never let common sense obtrude and push the Son of God on one side. Common sense is a gift which God gave to human nature; but it is not the gift of His Son; never enthrone common sense. The Son detects the Father; common sense never yet detected the Father and never will." --Oswald Chambers

"Our audience is God; not God's people, but God Himself. The saint who realises that can never be discouraged, no matter where he goes. The audience of the ready saint is God; He is the arena of all his actions." --Oswald Chambers

"Have you ever been driven to do something for God not because you felt that it was useful or your duty to do so, or that there was anything in it for you, but simply because you love Him? Have you ever realized that you can give things to God that are of value to Him? I'm not referring to works which could be regarded as divine and miraculous, but ordinary, simple human things--things which would be evidence to God that you are totally surrendered to Him." --Oswald Chambers

"Our soul has gotten out of intimate contact with God by leaning on our own religious understanding. We need to rely on the resurrection life of Jesus on a much deeper level than we do now. We should get in the habit of continually seeking His counsel on everything, instead of making our own commonsense decisions and then asking Him to bless them." --Oswald Chambers

"Are you learning to say things after listening to God, or are you saying things and trying to make God's word fit in?" --Oswald Chambers

"The rules of the game of life are quite simple. Always tell the truth. Never live in fear of anything or anyone. Be conscious of what you are thinking so you can always think positively. Do everything that you do for the love of doing it. If you devote yourself, your time and your energy to following these rules, have no doubt - you cannot lose!†~ Iyanla Vanzant

"If there is the tiniest grudge in your mind against any one, from that second, your spiritual penetration into the knowledge of God stops." --Oswald Chambers
"Joy comes from seeing the fulfillment of the specific purpose for which we were created and born again. We each have to find our niche in life, and spiritually we find it when we receive a ministry from the Lord. To do this we must have close fellowship with Jesus and must know Him as more than our personal Savior. Oswald Chambers

"We are inclined to ask God to do the magic business, to perform a miracle which will alter our external circumstances; but if we are ever going to understand what the God whom Jesus Christ presents is like, we have to remember that that is not His first job. The first thing God does is to alter a man's disposition on the inside, and then enable him to deal with the 'mess' on the outside." --Oswald Chambers

"The thing that really testifies for God and for the people of God in the long run is steady perseverance, even when the work cannot be seen by others. And the only way to live an undefeated life is to live looking to God. Ask God to keep the eyes of your spirit open to the risen Christ, and it will be impossible for drudgery to discourage you. Never allow yourself to think that some tasks are beneath your dignity or too insignificant for you to do." --Oswald Chambers
"Christianity is not consistency to conscience or to convictions; Christianity is being true to Jesus Christ." --Oswald Chambers
-------

The Bible records a disturbing truth about a reality of life: the consequences of sin are reproduced in a family for generations. The effects of a father’s or a mother’s sins—bitterness, unbridled anger, neglect, abuse, passivity, harmful communication patterns, or manipulation—will be passed down to the children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren . The parents’ behaviors affect the way they relate to everyone in their lives—from neighbors to spouses to children to friends. This truth may seem harsh and cruel, but it is an accurate reflection of sin’s terrible consequences.
Note that the emphasis in the passage is on God’s constant and dependable love. The Bible does not say that God is waiting to pounce on sinners and punish them or to blast their descendants. It says that our sin affects us and infects others, and although God always desires to bring healing and forgiveness, He will not compromise either our freedom or His holiness to ignore our sin. Many people have understandings of sin that are far too limited. They think of sin only as the violation of certain moral laws. For them sin means only acts like lying, stealing, and committing adultery. The biblical view of sin is much broader than that. Sin means missing the mark. It means falling short of being all that God created us to be. Our first ancestors chose to rebel against God, and we have followed their example. This broken relationship with God has warped us spiritually, and we live in a world that is damaged in the same way. Sin has touched every relationship and every aspect of our existence.

Although sin harms all of us, some families and individuals have experienced far greater harm than others. 

From Breaking the Cycle of Hurtful Family Experiences, Robert McGee, Search for Significance
-------Â  "The head may seek God, but it is the heart that finds Him." Jeremiah 29:13
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 25 Feb 2015, 5:14 pm

[HeartTruths Blog] Sweet, Salty, Savory, Sour, and Bitter
Yes, those are the tastes found on different locations on the tongue and are also variations of what we speak. Thereis a connection between body and heart (Matthew 22), or biological and spiritual.

The first three tastes or flavors are positive and bring encouragement, truthfulness, and hope.
But the last two? Nasty things.
Sour is just a bad disposition, a negative mind or heart set that makes one full of pity, hopelessness, criticism, contentiousness, or the like. It's not a long term problem, but can be if not tended to quickly.

But bitter? That's the one to avoid at all costs. It is beyond negativity, it is toxic, like nuclear waste. It kills,murders (by the tongue a reputation for example) the innocent, it seeks itself, promotes itself, is full ofself pity, envy (coveting, lust), resentment (anger for not having), jealousy (fear of losing), and as a resultmanipulates others for selfish ends. It is earthly, sensual (seductive), even demonic (see anger, Ephesians 4; seefear, 2 Timothy 1).
Here's a warning about the bitter: "See to it that no one falls short of the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many." Hebrews 12
A root is hidden below the surface but its presence can be seen in the little sprouts or big trees that havegrown from it. A root can grow very long and be unseen but its effects can last a long time, even throughgenerations.
Things get learned or inherited through a family tree, and bitter resentment is one thing to avoid entirely. Sometimes,one can be associated with those who have the bitterness or misrepresented by them, and that is a hard burden tocarry. In reality one can take steps to be separate from those who are so poisoned. It can be done, I've learned. It might be heartbreaking but it brings healing and wholeness to the one seeking freedom from the negativity.

Those with the bitterness might recoil and put out negativity - as their shame (connected to pity) and guiltis triggered. Then it's time to choose and that's when we follow Christ's command, echoed by Paul, to be separate from those who - though aware of the negativity - refuse to reject it and find healing for their hearts. Again, beingmisunderstood because of associations or misrepresentation can be heartbreaking but it can be overcome! God'sin the business of healing broken hearts, erasing shame and building self esteem. He's very good at it!!

The author of Hebrews gives a powerful warning that a person can fall short of God's grace when they'veallowed themselves to have, or be poisoned by, bitter resentment (combination of resentment, fear, anger, jealousy, envy, selfishness) .
Imagine a group of people so poisoned...such as a family, a family tree, a social group, a church? Imaginethe effects on those not in that group who don't know the group is poisoned? There is for the unpoisoned and unwittingdeception (for a James 3 bitter person gossips and rearranges truth to suit their poisoned heart and mind), rejection, alienation,being condescended to (pride is poisonous, so is arrogance, disdain, and contempt).
Daily: Check your heart with God's help. Look for fear, anger, resentments, and ask God to not only help you understand them (wherethey came from), but to also free you from them and to forgive you for harboring them. 

Seek to be sweet, salty, and savory!!!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 13 Feb 2015, 11:25 pm

[HeartTruths Blog] Backgrounds. ..
Sometimes it helps to consider the background when reading God's Word. I know it has helped me so much to have walked where Christ walked, to see the locations physically, and to learn the history of the times of The Bible.

I like this quote for it's a reminder of why we have The Bible: “The primary purpose of reading the Bible is not to know the Bible but to know God.” James Merritt

Reading The Bible helps us to know God for we come to understand how to honor Him by our obedience. Such strengthens our relationship with Him. John 14-17.

In Christ's time, Israel was 'occupied&# 39;, ruled over by Rome (as the capital of the empire). When in Bible College we studied about the caesars, the ruling persons of the Roman Empire. These people were extremely sick and twisted, beyond what can be imagined. There are historical documents describing their activities.

So Christ comes into this world of oppression and injustice, seeking to bring salvation to those who wish it, but they only saw the world in which they lived: a world of oppression and injustice. They didn't grasp that Christ came to bring salvation for all the world, from all the various oppressions and injustices.

So His commands and comments, or hard sayings as they've been called, really raised eyebrows.

He said to honor Caesar yet it was hard for those wishing to obey Christ to grasp that, since the caesars were so wicked (sick and twisted).

Then Paul added to Christ's commands to heed, honor and obey the caesars which was more difficulties for the new Christians. How to honor when the caesars tortured Christians who'd done nothing wrong, literally? The torturing wasn't minor inconveniences or fighting for rights, but literally life-and-death struggles.
When we find, in our times, difficult leadership for our countries or nations, or localities, how do we manage to obey Christ in honoring those leaders?

Romans 13, Titus 3, 1 Peter 2.

~gretchen  "The head may seek God, but it is the heart that finds Him." Jeremiah 29:13
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 13 Feb 2015, 10:50 pm

Wow... "God has given His commands to us, but we pay no attention to them--not because of willful disobedience, but because we do not truly love and respect Him. We show how little love we have for God by preferring to listen to His servants rather than to Him. Why are we so terrified for God to speak to us? It is because we know that when God speaks we must either do what He asks or tell Him we will not obey." --Oswald Chambers.
-------
“This is my wish for you: Comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, laughter to kiss your lips, sunsets to warm your heart, hugs when spirits sag, beauty for your eyes to see, friendships to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe, confidence for when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth, Love to complete your life.†~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
-------

"People say God helps us to forget our past, but is that true? Every now and again the Spirit of God brings us back to remember who we are, and the pit from whence we were digged, so that we understand that all we are is by the sovereign grace of God, not by our own work, otherwise we would be uplifted and proud." --Oswald Chambers

"You worship God, my friend, by the life that you live." - Dr. J. Vernon McGee

There is nothing easier than getting saved, because it is solely God’s sovereign work— “Look to Me, and be saved…†(Isaiah 45:22). Our Lord never requires the same conditions for discipleship that he requires for salvation. We are condemned to salvation through the Cross of Christ. But discipleship has an option with it— “If anyone…†(Luke 14:26). Oswald Chambers

A HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY. . .Man shows his true relationship to GOD by his actions. Del Rifkah

"It is vastly important to remember that our duty is to fit our doctrines to our Lord Jesus Christ and not to fit our Lord into our doctrines." --Oswald Chambers

"Paul said that he was gripped by the love of God and that is why he acted as he did. This total surrender to 'the love of Christ' is the only thing that will bear fruit in your life. And it will always leave the mark of God's holiness and His power, never drawing attention to your personal holiness." --Oswald Chambers

"I don't know what your natural heart was like before God saved you, but I know what mine was like. I was misunderstood and misrepresented; everybody else was wrong and I was right. Then when God came and gave me a spring-cleaning, dealt with my sin, and filled me with the Holy Spirit, I began to find an extraordinary alteration in myself. I still think the great marvel of the experience of salvation is not the alteration others see in you, but the alteration you find in yourself." --Oswald Chambers

"Are you willing to give and be poured out until you are used up and exhausted--not seeking to be ministered to, but to minister? Some saints cannot do menial work while maintaining a saintly attitude because they feel such service is beneath their dignity. Are you willing to pour out your life 
sacrificially for the ministry and faith of others?" --Oswald Chambers

Prosperity blinded Israel into false security - Hosea 8:1-9:6 JV McGee
-------
The Call of God
02-01-2015
Oswald Chambers, 'My Utmost for His Highest' Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel… —1 Corinthians 1:17

Paul states here that the call of God is to preach the gospel. But remember what Paul means by “the gospel,†namely, the reality of redemption in our Lord Jesus Christ. We are inclined to make sanctification the goal of our preaching. Paul refers to personal experiences only by way of 
illustration, never as the end of the matter. We are not commissioned to preach salvation or sanctification— we are commissioned to lift up Jesus Christ (see John 12:32). 

It is an injustice to say that Jesus Christ labored in redemption to make me a saint. Jesus Christ labored in redemption to redeem the whole world and to place it perfectly whole and restored before the throne of God. The fact that we can experience redemption illustrates the power of its reality, 
but that experience is a byproduct and not the goal of redemption. If God were human, how sick and tired He would be of the constant requests we make for our salvation and for our sanctification. We burden His energies from morning till night asking for things for ourselves or for something from 
which we want to be delivered! When we finally touch the underlying foundation of the reality of the gospel of God, we will never bother Him anymore with little personal complaints. The one passion of Paul’s life was to proclaim the gospel of God. He welcomed heartbreak, disillusionment, and tribulation for only one reason— these things kept him unmovable in his devotion to the gospel of God.
-Oswald Chambers 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 11 Feb 2015, 9:58 pm

HeartTruths Blog] Fireplace Embers...

The soft, warm glow of a fire in the fireplace is something many of us can visualize, with good memories. The heatradiated on a cold winter's night, the sounds of the crackling wood and the whooshing sound it makes when the logscollapse, are enjoyable. The sense of warmth and security that the fire gives are irreplaceable, in many ways.
We learn that when we take one ember, a smoldering coal, and remove it from the rest it slowly dies. This is a lessonused to represent the need for human connection and fellowship - we need each other.
But there is another perspective of those embers, a reminder of the consequences of leaving something smoldering.
What happens when those smoldering embers are in the wrong place, and are left untended or improperly tended?A forest fire can often be caused by the incomplete putting out of fire embers, as the smoldering embers can relight andstart another fire.
Here's a good analogy...the untended smoldering embers of a negative emotion buried in one's heart can relight andbecome a raging inferno of buried resentment. Imagine this as the lava bubbling in the volcano' s crater. Put a lid onit and the pressure from that bubbling will push out through any weak spot, sideways.
In terms of a person's heart, this same scenario occurs when we leave a resentment untended and it gets buriedby life and life's issues. It finds unrelated situations and blasts them, either directly or indirectly, by sarcasm,criticism, or doubting. People completely unconnected to the original resentment become hurt by our failureto deal with the resentments buried in our hearts.
Resentment is a boiling cauldron, a simmering poison that makes us self focused, immeasurably critical ofcertain people who unwittingly, and inadvertently, trigger our resentments. In other words, we take out ourresentments on them when they had, and have, nothing to do with them.
Our resentments can be hidden but are reflected in our intolerance, even when wrapped in a form oflove or affection, for certain people or things. We can become like a robot, continually or automaticallycritic al.
Our hidden resentments can poison others, by seeping into our conversations and lifestyles. We tend togravitate towards those things that agree with or feed our resentfulness. We aren't positive or hopeful,we don't tend to be compassionate towards others who aren't resentful, we just are subconsciouslyhurt and we don't act responsibly by working out our resentments so to be free of them.
Just for Today: I choose to be honest about my resentments and with the help of God, who searchesmy heart, will admit my resentments and let them go, intending to not allow them back into my life.I choose to be content, accept that life has ups and downs, immediately acknowledge and - withgood reasoning - let go of negative emotions so that they don't become bubbling cauldronsin my heart.
I choose to be free from buried negativity, and to embrace the joie de vivre - joy of life - that isavailable to me.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 28 Jan 2015, 11:59 pm

[HeartTruths Blog] Rumor or Respect?

Have you ever thought how these two things are complete opposites?
If we choose to listen to a rumor (unproven hearsay) let alone believe it, we are not respecting the object of the rumor, or ourselves (listening to untruths), and we are enabling the sharer of that rumor to continue passing along unproven hearsay information. This information, and it's provider, is critical, condescending, haughty, fear producing, and generally toxic to a person's heart, soul, mind and body.

All a rumor is is supposing truths about a person using tidbits of unproven information then passing on that supposed information. This becomes gossip and is the wildfire of the tongue mentioned as extremely dangerous in the book of James in The Bible:

"Likewise, the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole body, sets the whole course of one’s life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell. All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and sea creatures are being tamed and have been tamed by mankind, but no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison. With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be. Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? My brothers and sisters, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water."
Yet....
The opposite of rumor is respect, that is giving honor to the object of that rumor and ourselves. If they personally, to you, haven't directly clarified the rumored information then we honor them by not listening to the rumor.
This is also called discernment, or discretion.
I know personally how it feels to have a loved one believe a rumor (untruth) put out by another despite evidence to the contrary; it isheartbreaking and a betrayal for information usually gets passed on by idle tongues (people with no discernment or productive workto do). Thus, I do not believe rumors, hearsay, or unproven commentary. I believe what someone tells medirectly, provided that they are honest, emotional, and real. (There are those who are good at pretense: putting out a goodimpression of themselves that is not true, but that is another article).
Consider when you are listening to another' s commentary about someone else: is it true, encouraging, hopeful, honoring,respectful ? If not, choose not to listen. Plant seeds of respect that will uproot those seeds (or weeds) of rumors.

"The vision Paul had on the road to Damascus was not a passing emotional experience, but a vision that had very clear and emphatic directions for him. It is not enough to give mental assent to the fact that God has redeemed the world, nor even to know that the Holy Spirit can make all that Jesus did a reality in my life. I must have the foundation of a personal relationship with Him. Paul was not given a message or a doctrine to proclaim. He was brought into a vivid, personal, overpowering relationship with Jesus Christ. There would be nothing there without a personal relationship. " --Oswald Chambers

The dews of grace fall heavily in the night of sorrow. Charles Spurgeon

"The place for the comforter is not that of one who preaches, but of the comrade who says nothing, but prays to God about the matter. The biggest thing you can do for those who are suffering is not to talk platitudes, not to ask questions, but to get into contact with God, and the 'greater works' will be done by prayer (see John 14:12-13)." --Oswald Chambers [Note: The 'paraklete&# 39;, the Holy Spirit, does just this -- comes alongside the person in quiet comfort, and also prays to God for the person.]
It is a strange infatuation that we, who have borrowed everything good from our Savior, should think of exalting ourselves. Charles Spurgeon

"Surely what a man does when he is taken off his guard is the best evidence for what sort of a man he is." ~ #CSLewis

"We are inclined to ask God to do the magic business, to perform a miracle which will alter our external circumstances; but if we are ever going to understand what the God whom Jesus Christ presents is like, we have to remember that that is not His first job. The first thing God does is to alter a 
mans disposition on the inside, and then enable him to deal with the 'mess' on the outside." --Oswald Chambers

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 20 Jan 2015, 9:02 pm

[HeartTruths Blog] Oddly Particular Timing
Did you ever notice that at certain times in your life, often with what appears to be a difficult or negative situation, that the timing is exact and such timing is beyond your control?
A job ends, or a relationship, or a transition begins - at the precise time it began it seems. Or the same person keeps crossing your path, or a situation re-occurs repeatedly, without your intending it.

Ever notice it?
It's God.
Hard to grasp but it's true.
As a Christian (one in relationship with God through faith in Christ), we have a bigger picture occurring in our lives at all times. No arguing it, it's a fact.
We might be living our lives but God's living it with us and He's got plans and goals, dreams and desires, for us that are always a priority for Him, even with our best attempts to live otherwise. When we have situations with precise timing, God's up to something and we simply must trust Himdespite everything.

Here's one reminder of God's involvement, from Proverbs 16:

"A man’s mind plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps and makes them sure." AMP

"In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps." NIV
"The mind of man plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps." NASB
Ultimately, even when our situation seems like the Titanic, God's got full control, a plan He's implementing and He is sure to complete it. He'll use the negative moments to build character, develop wisdom, then we share that going forward so to encourage others with/in similar situations.

Think about the deepest dreams or goals you have buried within your heart, the thing(s) that you gave up on a long time ago, for whatever reasons (personal, financial, obligations) . When did you first dream those dreams, or desire those goals for your life?
Here's an example: I wanted to teach, and even started teaching in Sunday School in the 6th grade at my Baptist church, something I've kept at off/on throughout the years. I longed to get my education and credential at Westmont College near Los Angeles, in California (late 70s - early 80s).  But I had family 'obligations&# 39; (it's complicated) that hindered my attempts to go away to college. So I've been whittling away at my education since, along with teaching informally as a volunteer or in business settings (on the job). Not my desire, exactly, in getting my education but!! - God 
kept at it with me, continually giving me opportunities to do what I loved in non-traditional ways.
Simply said, God made it work and give me the desires of my heart! Amazing as I look back on it!!

And, He continually crossed my path with someone I first met in '73 at Mt Hermon (Christian conference center in the redwoods near Santa Cruz, in California). I had nothing to do with each situation, it just happened. That's God, reminding me that His plans were still being implemented, with which I was in agreement, despite delays, complications, and other difficulties. And as it's God's plans, He allows similar experiences so that when we meet (or re-meet) those people He wants in our lives, we'll be able to encourage each other, too. We'll understand, just like God does!
God's use of complicated situations builds compassion in us, so that we can - from the heart as God does - listen and relate.
God allows things, what is called His 'good, acceptable, perfect' will, to happen. He adapts so that through us He can make Himself known to those who need to know Him.
What appears to us as a closed door is yet another amazing opportunity to God, to touch people with His love. And oddly enough, it worksbetter through complications than it does successes!

Don't ever give up on God. If you are in relationship with Him, surrendered to Him in heart (gratitude) and mind (attitude), He will bring His plans for you to fulfillment, meeting your heart's desires not only in the end but along the way, and at the same time strengthening your relationship with Him too.
I like how the psalmist says it, in Psalm 37: 'Delight yourself in the LORD and He will give you the desires of your heart.' It doesn't mean give to get, it means put God first and He will crown your efforts with success.
Suggested Activity: Spend time alone with God, reading His Word, asking Him to bring to your remembrance those things that He has been working to implement in or through your life despite contrary circumstances. Thank Him and ask for His Wisdom (James 1, Proverbs 3) to get in step and focus with Him so that He can work it all out, to His honor and your restoration.
His business is reconciliation and restoration, He can do it!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 19 Jan 2015, 11:58 pm

[HeartTruths Log] The Art of Lemonade

As the saying goes, 'When life hands you lemons, make lemonade' .
God's version: "The Lord make His face to shine upon and enlighten you and be 
gracious (kind, merciful, and giving favor) to you; The Lord lift up His [approving] 
countenance upon you and give you peace (tranquility of heart and life continually) ." Numbers 6

When we encounter a detour in life that was unexpected or unwanted, we learn from it and share thatlearned wisdom with others.
Right?
One of the things that truly breaks my heart when I am counseling someone is hearing how someone' set them up', misleading them to make unwise choices which upset their life or livelihood.
I think we can all identify with it. We believe the best of others, despite seeing signs of impending doom,and their influence in our lives can be devastating to us. 

We've likely all been through it  the process and realization. But, the best resolution to it is to admit that we made unwise associations and to do what we can to make amends.
It can be hard to do, the making of an art piece of those lemons, but it can be not only liberating and alsoinspiring!
It can also hinge on one's countenance. ..their heart revealed in their face. We dread seeing somethingnegative in someone' s face because we fear rejection, and that's the last thing we want to happen.
Then again, at times we see such beauty and hope in their countenance that that memory or occurrencegives us hope that we can overcome the disconnects that have occurred over time. Or we cringe at momentswhen we misread their countenance or think that they misread ours!

The 'if only' wishes we have, the missteps we took and the realization that if we had a second chance we'ddefinitely do things differently.
Yet isn't God all about second chances? Restoring and reconciliations? Making things new when disasterhas occurred? I'm seeing Him slowly do it for me, in my life, and it's stunning. He's making it possible to retakea path I should have taken in going to college and meeting a life/ministry partner.
God is all about making things new. Do you believe He can do it? Are you open in heart with Him, pouringout your heart to Him about your hopes, failures, and wishes for second chances? Is His love for youso powerful that He'd do it, not merely for you but to bring healing to others - and attention to Himself - when you share your story?

I think of God, the countenance He has for us when we get distracted and leave His ideal path for us. DoesHe reject, frown, reflect fear or disillusion? No. When we figure things out and come back to Him, how doesHe look at us? With total acceptance, love, kindness, and understanding. He listens to us, too.
God's countenance, described beautifully here: "The Lord make His face to shine upon and enlighten you and be 
gracious (kind, merciful, and giving favor) to you; The Lord lift up His [approving] countenance upon you and give 
you peace (tranquility of heart and life continually) ." Numbers 6

I think that with each other, in that art of lemonade making, God builds our ruined self esteem and that wecan and should do the same for each other. Relationships, especially the God ordained kind, are too preciousto be neglected because we dread something or have misunderstood something in the past. Those complicatedmoments when we've seen what we think is fear or rejection when in reality it is just that: complicated. I smilewhen I read, on people's social media profiles, 'it is complicated&# 39; for it says much about the nuances of relationshipsand the difficulties to building them on a solid foundation due to misunderstandings, insecurities, etc.

What it takes, as with our relationship with God, is a chance to talk things out, to listen, accept, and 'give ita go' in terms of ironing things out. I think it honors God and each other when we accept, and not reject.
We might be certain that God, or another, has rejected us but in reality that's only the lie of fear (seeyesterday&# 39;s blog on fear). Truth be known, God or whomever we long to build a relationship with is justlonging for a relationship with us. We just have to make that call, write that letter or email, to ask 'canwe have a talk?'
We can make lemonade (add sweetener, wisdom, good information) to life's lemons when it comes to ourown missteps, it's easy to do. It's harder with relationships but when we do make that lemonade, the resultsare far sweeter.
It just takes an ounce of bravery, a smidgen of honesty, a dose of humility, and reconciliation is born.
And, reading through The Bible, relationships are the biggest priority with God. He made us for the friendshipwith Himself, and each other.
Making an art piece from lemons, seeing the smiling countenance of acceptance, finding a kindred spirit.
So worth it!

"The head may seek God, but it is the heart that finds Him." Jer 29:13
Susannah' s Grace Life Coaching ~ Healing For The Wounded Heart
Join the group ---> Susannah' s Grace Life Coaching & The Cascade Holistic Recovery Center
Follow on Twitter --> twitter.com/ HopePeaceQuotes
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 18 Jan 2015, 6:28 pm

HeartTruths Blog] Just like salad dressing?

To clarify, for most situations salad dressing consists simply of oil and vinegar, and it's commonly known thatthese two ingredients do not mix together. In other words, they are diametrically opposed in makeup andbehavior and thus mutually exclusive.
With that perspective in mind, there are two emotions or attitudes that are quite similar: fear and love.
They simply don't work together or even co-exist.
So let us look at each one, in depth.

Fear. It's been described as false evidence appearing real. What does that mean? Something appears to bewhat it is not, thus to some degree that evidence is lying or is a lie. So if we are 'in fear', we are believinga lie. Now that's discouraging, isn't it? If we have hidden fears in our lives, that are driving us to certain attitudes or behaviors, we are, in essence, living under the power of a lie.

What describes fear? In my counseling work, I describe fear so that it can be identified by the personin their life, in the form in which it exists. Fear, anxiety, worry, doubt, dread, panic, distrust, suspicion, 
terror...these are ways fear appears to us, and can masquerade in our lives deceiving us into believingit's not fear. And that, my friends, is the truth about fear: it's a lie. Fear is a lie of some sort. A pretense. Afalsehood that keeps us from a good thing, or drives us to act out in unwise behaviors that hurt ourselvesor others.

There are also things that fear is not: it is not strong but is weak, it does not love, it is not rational (no commonsense or sound thinking).
Fear is apathy, it is self focused, disqualifying, presuming (figuring the outcome before the steps are taken that might 
very well prove otherwise), assuming, doubting, discouraging. It can also be arrogant, contemptuous, and hateful.Fear promotes self (presumed protection, avoidance of injury or harm or rejection), or be fraudulent (present itself to be 
that which it is truly not). It can be doubt inducing, which means that the fear driven person might speak truth but add a 
question mark to the end of it, suggesting the truth is not true. Fear drives controlling behaviors, as well.

It is angry, rejecting, disabling, even paralyzing (thoughts to actions), shame based, guilt inducing, and generally an emotional,mental, physical, and spiritual toxin. Think of it as a cancer promoter (carcinogen) for all these facets of a person.
Fear is a dark fog that can encompass a person and those in relationship with them. Like bitterness which can poisonmany, fear can bury a group (family, descendants, work group, or company) in a fog of uncertainty.
Religion (spirituality that emphasizes proving oneself acceptable, such as in Christianity's salvation or sanctificationby works) can be fear based, driving a perfectionism that is a pretense, and resulting in a pride based on thoseperfect works. This can be passed down to descendants in families, or in companies (it starts at the top).

Now, about love.
It listens, values, overlooks, believes, believes in, encourages, endures, casts out fear. It verifies information, doesn'ttake one person's negative words or suggestions as reliable.

A person who is determined to love, find love, show love, will walk through their fears (and thus prove those fears to be 
lies). Love accepts (oneself and others), tolerates, inspires to excellence (self improvement), sees others as uniquelydifferent yet equal (all humanity). Love is honest, open, accepting, tolerant.

Christians are to be known by their love - for God and others, described beautifully and eloquently by Paul in hiswritings to Christians in Corinth:

"Love endures long and is patient and kind; love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily. It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God’s love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong]. It does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness, but rejoices when right and truth prevail. Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything [without weakening]. Love never fails [never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end]."
Note: Jealousy is the fear of losing whereas envy is resentment for not having something; vainglorious is conceit, vanity, gloating.

Fear and love cannot co-exist. If there is fear in your life, love is lacking. And if so, admit it, ask God to help you identify andrelease the fear(s), talk to someone for specific help when needed, and choose to walk in love beginning with acceptingGod's love for you, and the love others have regardless of whether or not you think you deserve it: you do deserve it!

In fact, love has two companions: faith (trust), and hope. Neither one can co-exist with fear, either.
If you love someone but fear they don't love - trust - hope in you, think again! They likely do. More so if they are a God givenrelationship (of any kind) for you. Don't disqualify yourself from them based upon faulty fear driving thinking. Walk through those fears, with God'shelp, and build that relationship (invest your time in communicating in faith-hope-love).

If you'd like more information, feel free to reply to gretchjc@yahoo.com. As a counselor and chaplain, I'd be happy to help yourelease your fears and embrace love.

~Gretchen
 ©2015, Gretchen Offord, Susannah' s Grace Life Coaching. All rights reserved.

Join the group ---> Susannah' s Grace Life Coaching 
Follow on Twitter --> twitter.com/ HopePeaceQuotesÂ
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 05 Jan 2015, 12:02 am

[HeartTruths Blog] The Greatest Possession?
Sat Jan 3, 2015 8:43 pm (PST) . Posted by: "Gretchen Offord [SGLC]" gretchjc
We never know the stories reflecting the lives others have lived...We can remember that we don't know all the facets of what someone is enduring and to ask how someone is doing, respect privacy, keep confidentiality (even in prayer requests), get information from reliable resources to ensure we have it right...Love has many forms - it comes in friendships, relationship of various kinds, marriage, romance, working; it involves respect, equality, equity; love is listening, overlooking the petty, valuing, expressing dignity and respect in action...

"Love endures long and is patient and kind; love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily. It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God’s love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong].It does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness, but rejoices when right and truth prevail.
Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every 
person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures 
everything [without weakening].Love never fails [never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end]." 

1 Corinthians 13

~gretchen

-=-=-=-=-=-= -=-

When an old man died in the geriatric ward of a nursing home in an 
Australian country town, it was believed that he had nothing left of any value.
Later, when the nurses were 
going through his meager possessions, They found this poem. Its quality 
and content so impressed the staff that copies were made and distributed to every nurse in the hospital.

One nurse took her copy to Melbourne. The old man's sole bequest to 
posterity has since appeared in the Christmas editions of magazines 
around the country and appearing in mags for Mental Health. A slide 
presentation has also been made based on his simple, but eloquent, poem.
And this old man, with nothing left to give to the world, is now the 
author of this 'anonymous&# 39; poem winging across the Internet.

Cranky Old Man
What do you see nurses? . . .. . .What do you see?
What are you thinking .. . when you're looking at me?
A cranky old man, . . . . . .not very wise,
Uncertain of habit .. . . . . . . .. with faraway eyes?
Who dribbles his food .. . ... . . and makes no reply.
When you say in a loud voice . .'I do wish you'd try!'
Who seems not to notice . . .the things that you do.
And forever is losing . . . . . .. . . A sock or shoe?
Who, resisting or not . . . ... lets you do as you will,
With bathing and feeding . . . .The long day to fill?
Is that what you're thinking?. .Is that what you see?
Then open your eyes, nurse .you're not looking at me.
I'll tell you who I am . . . . .. As I sit here so still,
As I do at your bidding, .. . . . as I eat at your will.
I'm a small child of Ten . .with a father and mother,
Brothers and sisters .. . . .. . who love one another
A young boy of Sixteen . . . .. with wings on his feet
Dreaming that soon now . . .. . . a lover he'll meet.
A groom soon at Twenty . . . ..my heart gives a leap.
Remembering, the vows .. .. .that I promised to keep.
At Twenty-Five, now . . . . .I have young of my own.
Who need me to guide . . . And a secure happy home.
A man of Thirty . .. . . . . My young now grown fast,
Bound to each other . . .. With ties that should last.
At Forty, my young sons .. .have grown and are gone,
But my woman is beside me . . to see I don't mourn.
At Fifty, once more, .. ...Babies play 'round my knee,
Again, we know children . . . . My loved one and me.
Dark days are upon me . . . . My wife is now dead.
I look at the future ... . . . . I shudder with dread.
For my young are all rearing .. . . young of their own.
And I think of the years . . . And the love that I've known.
I'm now an old man . . . . . . .. and nature is cruel.
It's jest to make old age . . . . . . . look like a fool.
The body, it crumbles .. .. . grace and vigour, depart.
There is now a stone . . . where I once had a heart.
But inside this old carcass . A young man still dwells,
And now and again . . . . . my battered heart swells
I remember the joys . . . . .. . I remember the pain.
And I'm loving and living . . . . . . . life over again.
I think of the years, all too few . . .. gone too fast.
And accept the stark fact . . . that nothing can last.
So open your eyes, people .. . . . .. . . open and see.
Not a cranky old man .
Look closer . . . . see .. .. . .. .... . ME!!
Remember this poem when you next meet an older person who you might 
brush aside without looking at the young soul within. We will all, one 
day, be there, too!
PLEASE SHARE THIS POEM!
The best and most beautiful things of this world can't be seen or touched. They must be felt by the heart!

Join the group ---> Susannah' s Grace Life Coaching & The Cascade Holistic Recovery Center
Follow on Twitter --> twitter.com/ HopePeaceQuotes
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum: