World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 24 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 24 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» JIHAD WATCH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 36 EmptyYesterday at 11:38 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
WORTHY NEWS - Page 36 EmptyYesterday at 11:18 pm by Admin

» AISH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 36 EmptyYesterday at 10:24 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 36 EmptyYesterday at 10:21 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 36 EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» israelAM
WORTHY NEWS - Page 36 EmptyYesterday at 10:09 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 36 EmptyYesterday at 9:54 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 36 EmptyYesterday at 9:51 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 36 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:49 pm by Admin

» Pressure from UN Threats
WORTHY NEWS - Page 36 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:45 pm by Admin

» Ship that obliterated Baltimore bridge
WORTHY NEWS - Page 36 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:44 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 36 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:08 pm by Admin

» Be Fervent in Spirit
WORTHY NEWS - Page 36 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 10:54 pm by Admin

» Remain in God - iBelieve Truth
WORTHY NEWS - Page 36 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 1:25 am by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
WORTHY NEWS - Page 36 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 12:43 am by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
WORTHY NEWS - Page 36 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 11:40 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 36 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 11:00 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
WORTHY NEWS - Page 36 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 8:54 pm by Admin

» Is Gaza Really Starving
WORTHY NEWS - Page 36 EmptySun 24 Mar 2024, 11:40 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
WORTHY NEWS - Page 36 EmptySun 24 Mar 2024, 10:08 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

WORTHY NEWS

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

WORTHY NEWS - Page 36 Empty Re: WORTHY NEWS

Post  Admin Wed 18 Dec 2013, 9:02 pm

Elaine, integrity is greater than walls! 

Revelation 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

The Great Wall of China is one of the Seven Wonders of the World. It stretches over 4,000 miles (6,400 KM) and was built to protect China from the barbaric hordes to the north. The designers of the wall made it so high that it could not be scaled, so thick that it could not be penetrated, and so long that no one could go around it.

Yet, during the first hundred years of the wall's existence China was successfully invaded three times, without the wall having been climbed or breached. So how, you ask, did the invaders raid China? Well, the problem wasn't the wall – it was the gatekeepers! In each of these invasions the barbarians simply bribed the gatekeepers who opened the gates, so the enemies just walked right through. 

Elaine, the protection of the Great Wall of China was only as secure as its gatekeepers. What a lesson, since, don't we all also have "gates to keep"...our eyes, and our ears, and our mouth? No matter how strong we may feel, we can never forget that these points of entry will be seen by our enemies and there will be attempts to bribe or seduce us so they can break through. We must not allow the "barbaric hordes" to invade our lives by failing to keep careful watch at these entry points –our integrity and our authority depend on the security of our gates!

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Currently in Santa Fe, New Mexico 

Editor's Note: We'll be speaking in Canon City, Colorado on Tuesday and throughout Arizona the next week. You can view our speaking calendar online.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 17 Dec 2013, 11:38 am

Elaine, beware of the silent killer!

Exodus 15:23-26 And when they came to Marah, they could not drink of the waters of Marah, for they were bitter: therefore the name of it was called Marah. And the people murmured against Moses, saying, What shall we drink? And he cried unto the LORD; and the LORD shewed him a tree, which when he had cast into the waters, the waters were made sweet: there he made for them a statute and an ordinance, and there he proved them, And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.

Murmuring or complaining is one of those sins that are overlooked. Sometimes we get so focused on the "big sins" such as murder and adultery that we overlook this sin -- but the Lord doesn't give this sin a free pass -- quite the opposite. It's a hidden killer! This sin unleashed a plague that killed thousands of Israelites! [Numbers 16]

In this passage, we read how the Israelites, who were desperately thirsty, looked only at the fact that the water they had come to was bitter and undrinkable. How quickly they forgot their God who had led them out of Egypt with signs and wonders. They had just witnessed His dividing of the Red Sea and destruction of those who had enslaved them. And yet, so quickly they returned to looking only with their natural eyes at the problem in front of them, completely forgetting the miracle working power of their God! And so they murmured against Moses. But honestly, weren't they really murmuring against God? Once again, Moses interceded for them, revealing the faithfulness of His God to answer every impossible dilemma and provide for every need; and again, setting them the example: they simply needed to go the Lord!

So often, just like the Israelites, we focus on our desperate situation with our physical eyes, and not with eyes of faith, and then fall into the trap of complaining. And if you're like me, once I start, it can be really hard to stop...until the Lord stops me, right in my tracks, and He reminds me –- aren't you really complaining against me? I have to remember to see that I actually hinder the Lord's answers to my problems by unbelief...which leads to the sin of murmuring!

Elaine, let's not allow this sin to gain a foothold -- because it can easily become a stronghold! The same wonder working God that led the children of Israel out of Egypt, is still at work today -- but are we hindering Him? If we are grumbling and complaining, the answer is, "YES"! And in so doing, until we stop, we are missing out on His answers and blessings which are waiting in the wings to meet our faith in Him!

Currently in Denver, Colorado

Editor's Note: We'll be speaking in Canon City, Colorado on Tuesday and throughout Arizona the next week. You can view our speaking calendar online.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 16 Dec 2013, 6:28 pm

Elaine, seeking victory by the power of His Spirit!

Judges 14:5-6 Then went Samson down, and his father and his mother, to Timnath, and came to the vineyards of Timnath: and, behold, a young lion roared against him. And the Spirit of the LORD came mightily upon him, and he rent him as he would have rent a kid, and he had nothing in his hand: but he told not his father or his mother what he had done.

Judges 16:20 And she (Delilah)said, The Philistines be upon thee, Samson. And he awoke out of his sleep, and said, I will go out as at other times before, and shake myself. And he wist not that the LORD was departed from him.

Samson is a powerful example of a man of God who won his battles over and over again because the Spirit of the Lord came upon him. Yet when he was finally defeated by Delilah's temptations he didn’t realize that the Lord had left him, so effective was the woman's spell.

The enemy is subtle and the temptations of the flesh can so quickly quench the presence and power of God's spirit that we may not even realize it has happened. But this anointing of the Holy Spirit is our Life....and our victory. Opposition can be destroyed and burdens can be lifted when His wonderful Presence fills and rests upon us. Our greatest battle is maintaining that internal communion with Him by His Spirit. Temptations, bad habits, our sinful nature, demonic attacks, all these collaborate to rob us of this holy anointing, our communion with God, and our only real power over every enemy!

Samson's victories vividly demonstrate the tremendous power of the anointing. His power over the Philistines was legendary and truly heroic. But when he lost his anointing, they nearly destroyed him. How critical it is in these days to keep our lamps burning with the holy "oil" of Yeshua's (Jesus') anointing. His goodness will defeat the evils around us...His light will banish darkness...His joy will annihilate our depression...His forgiveness will root out all bitterness...His love will overcome our natural hatred...and every subtle deception will be exposed by His excellent TRUTH! Seek HIS ANOINTING, the fullness of the Holy Spirit -- He will equip you to break every yoke of bondage and defeat every internal and external enemy.

Elaine, and, please don’t find yourself in the condition of Samson, in the arms of his lust, not even realizing that the anointing had left him. The cost was enormous, even though he was restored. Instead, guard yourself against the subtle temptations of this world seeking more and more of His indwelling Presence. That anointing will produce one victory after another. Amen.

Editor's Note: We'll be speaking in Canon City, Colorado on Tuesday and throughout Arizona the next week. You can view our speaking calendar online.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 13 Dec 2013, 1:16 pm

Elaine, let the light shine in the darkness!

Matthew 16:13-16 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets. He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

This groundbreaking conversation took place at Caesarea Phillipi, which lies today in the modern day reserve of the Banias in the Golan Heights region of Israel. The city was established by Ptolemaic Greeks, a Hellenistic community where the worship of the god Pan was centered. Reviled by the Jews of Yeshua's time and considered by them the most idolatrous place in the entire Galilee, to this day it remains a place of nature worship and deep paganism.

Why did Yeshua (Jesus) deliberately take his disciples to the most sinful, pagan place to reveal who He was? Why not in the temple courts, or the tomb of Jeremiah or one of the prophets, where He might feel more at home and welcomed? No, Yeshua revealed who He really was... in the darkest corner of Israel.

Now that tells me that the Lord is not shy about shining His light in dark places, and that includes the ones inside me. Psalm 139 tells me that He is intimately acquainted with all of them –that I can forget about keeping secrets from Him. It seems He rather delights in walking into enemy territory and taking ground. Those areas of my life that I don’t want anyone else to see, (and usually can hide from them) – He wants to visit, speak His word, illuminate and cleanse the place! The places where I'm darkest and weakest are His greatest opportunities to be glorified through repentance, transformation, and healing.

Elaine, take time to open before God the dark areas of your life, trusting in His perfect and patient love for you. He wants to reveal His forgiveness and beauty right where you are most ashamed and miserable. The gates of Hell shall not prevail against a saint whose faith and courage invite Yeshua deep into the hidden areas of his soul, to be cleansed and given over to Him.

Editor's Note: We'll be speaking in Colorado this weekend. You can view our speaking calendar online.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 12 Dec 2013, 12:00 pm

Elaine, do you want to see the glory of God?

2 Chronicles 5:6,13,14 Also King Solomon, and all the congregation of Israel who were assembled with him before the ark, were sacrificing sheep and oxen that could not be counted or numbered for multitude. 13 indeed it came to pass, when the trumpeters and singers were as one, to make one sound to be heard in praising and thanking the Lord, and when they lifted up their voice with the trumpets and cymbals and instruments of music, and praised the Lord, saying: "For He is good, For His mercy endures forever," that the house, the house of the Lord, was filled with a cloud, 14 so that the priests could not continue ministering because of the cloud; for the glory of the Lord filled the house of God.

Three thousand years ago, when Solomon dedicated the Temple to God, the priests offered up thousands of sacrifices. After the sacrifices were offered up -- then the glory of God fell! The glory of God was so thick and heavy that the priests could no longer minister! Do you see the connection? First the offerings -- THEN the glory fell!

But this reality is not found only in the Old Covenant; it's also in the New Covenant. After Messiah was sacrificed as the offering for the sins of the world at Calvary -- came the resurrection, the Son of God, risen and glorified! So clearly, there’s an integral relationship between sacrifice and glory!

Elaine, can we see this relationship still operating even today? I believe we can. When we offer our bodies as living sacrifices; our future, our plans, our possessions and our lives, to the Lord--His glory begins to be revealed as His Spirit works in and through us. Called by Him to be more and more like Yeshua (Jesus), the people of God should be a people of sacrifice. Do you want to see the glory of God filling every aspect of your life? Then lay your life upon the altar in surrender to His perfect will--you will watch in amazement as He takes your offering and turns it to a beautiful testimony of His glory!

Currently in Kansas City, KS

Editor's Note: We'll be speaking in Colorado this weekend. You can view our speaking calendar online.

Elaine, the gates of Hades shall not prevail!

Matthew 16:17-19 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Caesarea Phillipi, where Yeshua (Jesus) revealed himself as Messiah to His disciples, was home to the Temple of Pan, a place so demonic that many of the rituals performed there are too horrible to mention in a daily devotion.

The city sits at the foot of Mount Hermon, which was known as the ‘Rock of the Gods’, referring to the many shrines built against it. At the foot of Mount Hermon sat the temple of Pan, the ruins of which can still be seen there. In the rear of the temple was a cave with a deep pool (which also remains there) from which spring water flowed. Ancient Pagans believed that the water symbolized the abyss, and that the cave was a door to the underworld. The cave at the rear of the temple was considered the ‘Gate of Hades’ because it was believed that Baal would enter and leave the underworld through it. God only knows what kind of spiritual activity passed through this realm of darkness.

It was here, in the most demonic place in Israel, that Yeshua chose to reveal, through Peter's spirit inspired proclamation, that He was Messiah, the Son of God. And it was in this place of repugnant darkness and spiritual degeneracy that the Lord announced His intention to build His "Church" (or "congregation"). And it was in this " Hell hole" that He gave us the assurance, "The Gates of Hell will NOT prevail against it."

Elaine, we are planted where evil dwells, to proclaim and represent the Lord of Light. And we seem to be witnessing an advance of evil in this world that is unprecedented, and is becoming a "flood" reminiscent of the "Days of Noah". How precious and vital are the Lord's words, "The Gates of Hell will NOT prevail..." Believing those words, we will stand, every day, and we will overcome the power of Satan, by faith, especially as we continue to pray as He taught us, "Deliver us from evil." Not in our own strength or power – but in the power of God given to all His children through His Son!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 10 Dec 2013, 1:10 pm

Elaine, build and repair!

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

The word for builder in Hebrew is "bo-neh". It is also translated repairer. When our Messiah came 2000 years ago, He came to repair lives -- to do a complete restoration of all that is broken in this world. Interestingly, the Hebrew words for son, "ben" and daughter, "baht" both also come from the word "bo-neh".

Perhaps you are a son or daughter from a "broken" family. Yeshua (Jesus) came to give you power to be restored to a family which can never be broken.....His family. Receiving Him and believing on His Name gives you a new identity as a son or daughter. You become a son or daughter of God. The sorrows of your family life here may endure for a season, but....

Elaine, no matter how broken that family or your life in this world has been, the Lord God has made a way for you to be completely restored and repaired through the resurrection life of His Son. Receiving this resurrection life through faith adopts you immediately into a new family whose destiny is eternally perfect loving relationship. This is a miracle which may seem too good to be true, yet the deep longing in each of us for loving family life was placed there by God, and He did it because He fully intended to fulfill that longing, more than any of us can yet imagine.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 09 Dec 2013, 11:52 pm

Elaine, walk in prophecy!

2 Kings 23:16-17 And as Josiah turned himself, he spied the sepulchres that were there in the mount, and sent, and took the bones out of the sepulchres, and burned them upon the altar, and polluted it, according to the word of the LORD which the man of God proclaimed, who proclaimed these words. Then he said, What title is that that I see? And the men of the city told him, It is the sepulchre of the man of God, which came from Judah, and proclaimed these things that thou hast done against the altar of Bethel.

This is an interesting passage of Scripture which details how Josiah, a young and Godly king, went forth to cleanse the land, and in doing so, finds that he was fulfilling a prophecy given years before. Josiah went forth doing what was right -- and in doing so, was walking out the works that God preordained for him -- he was fulfilling the calling that God had set into motion years before!

Each of us is alive for such a time as this, living in this day and hour, and all around us prophecy is being fulfilled. Quite honestly, the prophecies of these last days seem to be being fulfilled faster than I anticipated -- but nevertheless, we are witnessing the signs all around us, and they are not so comforting.

So what is our mandate, our calling, our destiny for these days? Will we walk as Josiah, steadfast after God? Because in our day as well, there is prophecy spoken by Jesus himself concerning these last days in which we live: "because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold." [Matthew 24:12] Josiah walked amidst incredible idolatry and sin in Israel, (just like we are now), but instead of catering or yielding to it, he used all the authority he had to tear it down. He was fearless in his hatred of sin because of his intense love for God. Jesus' words imply a specific calling for us in these last days: Don't allow your love to grow cold!

Elaine, sin abounds all around us, and maybe to some extent, IN us– but it's already written that we can triumph over it if we will just keep our love for him HOT! On the cross he won an astounding victory which we can claim and walk in each and every day of our lives! If we walk in his victory, we too can fulfill the prophetic words of the greatest prophet, because he did not say "the love of ALL will grow cold". So let us be those who fulfill this prophetic destiny the way King Josiah did. We CAN be the ones who keep that passion for God, even in these terrible times!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 06 Dec 2013, 12:40 pm

Elaine, the waste cities shall be restored!

Isaiah 61:4 And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations.

For nearly 2000 years the Jewish people were scattered across the world without a homeland. In one day, according to the meticulous preparation of God, on May 14th 1948, the nation of Israel was restored. As millions of Jews were returning to their homeland they began rebuilding the ancient cities that were destroyed, restoring the desolations of many generations, and fulfilling Biblical prophecy. [Ezekiel 36-37; Isaiah 66]. This historical miracle illustrates the power of resurrection and the process of restoration which follows.

In our own lives, the new birth is a resurrection miracle. Born again by the sovereign power of God we begin a lifelong process of cooperating with Him to rebuild and restore our lives. Like the Israelis who rebuilt this nation, we work under the power and unction of a Divine mandate. And it is a mandate of restoration! What was broken, scattered, decimated, and as good as dead, perhaps for many generations, is being repaired, reintegrated, and reinvigorated with tremendous vitality. This dramatic parallel between the restoration of the Land of Israel and the restoration of our individual lives is a central theme of all God's Creation, and a source of tremendous encouragement in our day to day living. 

Elaine, God is at work in you, and His restoration is a meticulous labor of love. Give Him the time to repair what is broken in your life; especially the intimate time. The transformation process is a Divine mandate and a sure promise we can absolutely count on. We will be conformed to His image. Let us so encourage one another daily as the Day draws near. 

Currently in Nashville, TN 

Editor's Note: We'll be speaking in Missouri and Illinois this weekend. You can view our speaking calendar online.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 05 Dec 2013, 6:10 pm

Elaine, He never slumbers or sleeps! 

Psalms 121:4 Behold, he that keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.

We're living in a unique time in history, as once again Israel finds herself surrounded by enemies with few friends willing to stand with her. So often we are asked, and we wonder, how things will turn out here...we've found it's usually foolish to try and predict; but one thing is absolutely certain; the God of Israel is watching over this tiny nation!

I want to share a brief history lesson about the liberation of Jerusalem. Early in 1917, John Hilton, a mechanic in the British Royal Flying Corps, attended church one Sunday morning. Noticing Hilton's uniform, a clergyman approached and told him, having read Isaiah 31, he believed that airplanes would be used by the English air force to deliver Jerusalem into British hands. He was right...but only partly...

Months later, General Allenby was seeking advice from London as he prepared to liberate Jerusalem from 400 years of Turkish rule. He received a wire from London. The wire quoted Isaiah 31:4-5, “For thus hath the LORD spoken unto me, Like as the lion and the young lion roaring on his prey, when a multitude of shepherds is called against him, he will not be afraid of their voice, nor abase himself for the noise of them: so shall the LORD of hosts come down to fight for mount Zion, and for the hill thereof. As birds flying, so will the LORD of hosts defend Jerusalem, defending also he will deliver it; and passing over he will preserve it.”

After receiving the wire, Allenby called for planes to fly low over Jerusalem, dropping leaflets warning the Turks of his coming. When the Turks picked up the leaflets and read the name Allenby, they heard, "Allah en Nebi", which, in Arabic, means “Prophet of Allah”, so they surrendered Jerusalem without firing a shot! A tenth century Islamic poet with which they were familiar, had written, “The man who will conquer Jerusalem and redeem it from the infidel for all time to come will enter the Holy City humbly on foot, and his name is God's prophet.” In respect for the city of his savior's death and resurrection, Allenby dismounted his horse and walked into Jerusalem on foot. The liberation of Jerusalem took place the first day of Chanukah, the feast of dedication, in 1917.

Elaine, the creative providence of our God is astounding in its details, and sometimes even reveals His sense of humor. He is not asleep, and His resources are far beyond our ability to comprehend. Who could have imagined that the name of an English general and the verse of an Islamic poet, would be the combination for a bloodless victory which would also fulfill an ancient Hebrew scripture?? So, we believe, in our present situation, again, God's deliverance will come in the most unexpected ways. How He will do it this time? Watch for the unexpected ways He will work...even in your own situation!

Editor's Note: We'll be speaking in Missouri and Illinois this weekend. You can view our speaking calendar online.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 04 Dec 2013, 10:24 am

Elaine, let the light break through! 

Judges 7:16-19 Then he divided the three hundred men into three companies, and he put a shofar into every man's hand, with empty pitchers, and torches inside the pitchers. And he said to them, "Look at me and do likewise; watch, and when I come to the edge of the camp you shall do as I do: When I blow the shofar, I and all who are with me, then you also blow the shofars on every side of the whole camp, and say, 'The sword of the LORD and of Gideon!' " So Gideon and the hundred men who were with him came to the outpost of the camp at the beginning of the middle watch, just as they had posted the watch; and they blew the shofars and broke the pitchers that were in their hands.

When God called Gideon to lead Israel against their enemies, He wanted to show that a small army empowered by God was more effective than the largest armies. But notice how they fought – without weapons that an army would normally use. They fought with shofars and lamps! They fought with weapons that the world would consider ineffective, yet triumphed mightily over their enemies. They shouted as loud as they could, sounded the shofar, and broke the vessels that held the fire so that their lamps burst through with brightness.

This breaking of the lamps of clay holds a powerful metaphor for us. If we too are "earthen vessels" holding the fire of God – the Spirit of God within us, then a "breaking" of the outer man is necessary for His inner light to burst through. Victory can come out of brokenness. Our old life of self, often called the "old man", when truly crucified and broken, will give way to the release of the Lord's Spirit of God in our lives. The death of our Lord has broken the power of our self-life, since we were crucified with Him. Walking in that awareness brings light and victory.

Elaine, let the love, peace, joy, and all the fruit of the Spirit break through in your life. Your old life of Self has been and is being broken, as Yeshua's victorious light shines through your earthen vessel this Chanukah season.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 03 Dec 2013, 1:34 am

Elaine, trim your lamps!

Matthew 25:1-13 "Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish. Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them, but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept. And at midnight a cry was heard: 'Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!' Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps. And the foolish said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.' But the wise answered, saying, 'No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.' And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut. Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open to us!' But he answered and said, 'Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.' Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming.

This parable in Matthew 25 is a warning to the entire body — be ready with your oil! Each of these virgins was anticipating the Lord's return; none were atheists, or non-believers. They were all virgins who claimed to be awaiting the Bridegroom's arrival. But notice carefully that only half of them were truly ready.

In the ancient Temple era the Aaronic priests were in charge of lighting the lamp of God and keeping it burning. Their main responsibilities included trimming the wicks, refilling the lamp constantly with fresh oil, and making sure it never burned out.

A clear parallel can be drawn between the Aaronic priesthood and the New Covenant priesthood of Melchizedek and Yeshua (Jesus). Both are responsible to keep the lamps burning! 

Elaine, are you feeling burned out this Chanukah season? Then trim your wick by getting rid of the useless things in your life and diving deeper into His Word. Are you feeling spiritually drained? Then wait on the Lord and ask Him for a fresh anointing. Bearing the light of God is the responsibility of all true believers; you are the bearer of that light; so be reignited today and keep your lamps burning bright for Him. Let's be wise virgins, anxiously awaiting His return!

Currently in Baltimore, Maryland 

Editor's Note: We'll be speaking in Kentucky this weekend. You can view our speaking calendar online.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 29 Nov 2013, 10:02 am

Elaine, be a LIGHT!

John 10:22-23 And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication (Chanukah), and it was winter. And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch.

Chanukah, a time of celebration and rededication, began a few nights ago in the Land and for Jewish people all over the globe. Those of us who are grafted in through the atoning work of Messiah, we who know God, have an opportunity to see the deeper significance in the Biblical holidays and are not only welcome but encouraged to celebrate as well!

Over 150 years before Yeshua's (Jesus’) birth, a group of Jewish warriors led by Judah Maccabee, defeated Anticochus IV. Though terribly outnumbered by their foes, the Maccabees triumphed over the Grecian Syrian Empire. This led to the establishment of Chanukah -- the feast of dedication.

According to an ancient Jewish legend, Judah entered into Jerusalem only to find the Temple desecrated by a sacrificed pig and an idol of Zeus. Upon seeing this, he immediately began to cleanse the Temple. Judah also found that there was only one cruse of undefiled oil which could burn in the Temple Menorah (holy candleabra which had to continually burn). This oil was only enough for one day but it miraclously lasted for eight days, just enough time to get more of this special oil made. So in memory of this miracle and the rededication of the Temple, Chanukah or the Festival of Lights has been celebrated by the Jewish people for over 2000 years and was even celebrated by Yeshua (Jesus) Himself!

Every Chanukah, chanukkiahs (the candleabra of nine candle holders) are lit. Each chanukkia has a special candle, known as the Shamash which is raised above the other eight. The word ‘shamash’ means ‘servant, helper, or minister -- so the Shamash candle is the servant candle, or the ministering candle, and is used to light all the other candles. It is the servant who is raised up and lights all the others, symbolizing Messiah, for us who believe.

Yeshua came and proclaimed that ‘He is the Light of the World and whoever follows Him shall have the light of life!’ The one who serves the Lord will be a light! The one who does the will of God will shine! The more we serve the Lord, and earnestly do His will , with all our heart, soul and mind -- the more we will shine with the light of God and so ultimately will we be raised up!

Elaine, let's strive to serve the Lord with gladness this season and light up the world around us! We may be small but a small light will go a long way in a dark place!

Editor's Note: We'll be speaking in Kentucky this weekend. You can view our speaking calendar online.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 28 Nov 2013, 3:23 pm

Elaine, happy Todanukah!

John 10:22-23 At that time the Feast of Dedication (Chanukah) took place at Jerusalem. It was winter, and Jesus was walking in the temple, in the colonnade of Solomon. 

Joh 10:28-31 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. I and the Father are one." The Jews picked up stones again to stone him.

For the first time in over a 100 years, Thanksgiving and Chanukah will fall on the same day, November 28th, 2013. Some have termed it "Thanksgivukkah", however my wife calls it, "Todanukah". (The Hebrew word for "thanks", is "toda".) According to one calculation, the next time that Thanksgiving and Chanukah will align perfectly will be 79,043 years from now! I expect we will all have gone to our reward by then.

Many people don't realize that Yeshua (Jesus) celebrated Chanukah. In the gospel of John, it was during the feast of Chanukah that He was questioned as to whether He was the Messiah or not, and His amazing responses provoked His questioners to threaten to stone Him. But one of His statements contains a promise which ought to motivate us to the deepest dedication, and most profound gratitude:

"I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand."

What an amazing assurance we have there! 

Elaine, as this "Todanukah" holiday combines the themes of dedication and gratitude, remember these precious words of Yeshua, and rededicate your life with thanksgiving. You've been given eternal life that no one can take from you. The Lord Himself said it on Chanukah. That is certainly something to be thankful for! 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 25 Nov 2013, 1:32 pm

Elaine, in the midst of it all...

Matthew 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

When Daniel was in the midst of the lion's den ... God was with him. When Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were in the midst of the fiery furnace ... God was with them. It would have been perfectly easy for God to immediately transport these saints out of their difficulties, but no, He chose instead to be with them in the midst of their trials. God chose to reveal His power throughthe trials instead of exercising His power to remove them.

Trials and difficulties are simply a part of life and quite honestly, the longer I walk with the Lord the bigger these trials become. But how do we react when our faith is challenged by these adversities? James 1:2 says to count it all joy! What could possibly be joyful about difficult situations? Painful, yes...but joy??

Yet, somehow, I do find joy in knowing, and even sensing that God is with mein the midst of my problems -- in the midst of my trials. He did promise never to leave or forsake me; and as I look over my life, I find it to be absolutely true...no matter what crazy situation I'm in, God is with me.

Elaine, we all have this decision: either to complain because of the trials we're enduring...or to prayerfully lift our souls before him (Psalm 25:1) ...and rejoice in the midst of our troubles -- knowing, believing, and even feeling, that God is with us, now ... always ... all the way!

Editor's Note: We'll be speaking in South Carolina this weekend. You can view our speaking calendar online.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 22 Nov 2013, 9:49 am

Elaine, which would you choose? 

Philippians 3:13-14 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

We came across this story, about a man who was slowly losing his memory. After a lengthy examination, the doctor said that a risky operation on his brain might reverse his condition and restore his memory. However, the surgery would be so delicate that a nerve could be severed, causing total blindness.

The surgeon asked, "So, which would you rather have, your sight or your memory?" The man pondered the question for a while and replied, "My sight, because I would rather see where I am going than remember where I have been."

Our enemy is always trying to dig up the past and keep us all bound up in our failures. But be encouraged! Today is a new day! Today and every day we have a choice to make! Like Paul, we must choose to press forward and put aside our past. We must purpose to keep our eyes on the Lord, not on our successes or failures, but upon on what can we do for Him today! 

Elaine, be free from the shackles of the past! Keep your eyes on the prize!

Editor's Note: We'll be speaking in South Carolina this weekend. You can view our speaking calendar online.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 21 Nov 2013, 2:20 pm

Elaine, come as you are! 

Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousness are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

An artist went searching the streets of New York City for a model to pose for a portrait he wanted to call -- 'The Prodigal'. One day was passing Central Park and saw an impoverished beggar lying on a bench and thought: 'He's perfect! That man would represent the prodigal son beautifully in my painting.' He asked the beggar if he would be willing to sit for his painting and he would gladly pay him for his time. Naturally, the beggar agreed.

On the day and time appointed, a man knocked on the door of the artist's small Brooklyn studio. Excitedly, he answered his door only to find a clean-shaven young man dressed in a suit and tie standing before him. Disappointed, he said, "You must have the wrong door sir, the law office is down the hall". "But you made an appointment with me," the man replied, "No," said the artist, "I don't believe I've ever seen you before. I made an appointment to meet with a beggar here at this hour." "Well," said the man, "I am the beggar." "You?" said the artist, "You're the beggar?" "Yes, he replied. After you left me last week, I found some money and thought I would get a new suit of clothes before you painted me." "Oh," replied the artist, "Well, you're just not right for the job."

The beggar wanted to show himself a masterpiece before the artist -- but the artist wasn't looking for that. He wanted to create the masterpiece himself! Likewise, when we come to God, we must not come in our own garments of self-righteousness. We must come before him transparent, with no inhibitions, or worries, or pride. God has already seen our weaknesses and faults. We're not hiding anything from Him anyway. 

Elaine, the Master Artist has an appointment with us today. Let's not come disguised as someone else. Let's come as we are so that He can make a priceless masterpiece.

Editor's Note: We'll be speaking in North Carolina and South Carolina this week. You can view our speaking calendar online.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 20 Nov 2013, 10:40 am

Elaine, beware of the explosion! 

Proverbs 6:27 Can a man take fire in his bosom, and his clothes not be burned?

On Monday, two volcanoes erupted in Indonesia which forced air flights to be rerouted. It reminded me of another volcano that erupted in 1991.

Mount Pinatubo, dormant for over 500 years, began to erupt on June 12, 1991, and three days later exploded with twice the power of the 1980 Mount St. Helen's eruption. The release of power blasted a cubic mile off the mountaintop and the earth shook for eight hours. The eruption produced an ash cloud that rose over 50,000 feet into the atmosphere. If that wasn't enough, Typhoon Yunga then struck the island nation with fierce winds and torrential rains which mixed with the ash creating what the locals called "Black Saturday!"

The United States was forced to abandon and eventually close Clark Air Force base, located just a few miles from Mount Pinatubo, due to the devastating blanket of fallen ash. When a vulcanologist was asked to account for the widespread damage which sent thousands of American soldiers and Filipinos fleeing, he replied, "When a volcano is silent for many years, people forget it's a volcano and begin to treat it like a mountain."

Now here's a lesson from nature. We should always be aware of how our sinful nature has the potential to erupt. It would be a big mistake to ignore this possibility simply because it has lain dormant for a season...even a seemingly long one.

Solomon writes a profound statement in his book of Proverbs, which, when paraphrased goes something like this; "Can someone play with fire in his lap without incinerating his clothes?"

The enemy of our souls would love for us to believe that we can somehow play with sin, without it negatively affecting our spirit and our walk with the Lord -- oh how deceptive Satan can be!

D.L. Moody was a fairly simple man and I love the way he dealt with sin. He said, "When you're thinking sin, think scripture!"

Elaine, let's be on guard! Sin is a dormant volcano which can erupt at ANY moment and set our house on fire. How do we prepare? First, by being aware of the possibility...then...;"Thy word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against thee". [Psalm 119:11] Let's meditate upon His Word, allowing it to sink deep into our minds and our hearts, so that the only fire which burns there...is the fire of God's Holy Spirit. Amen.

Editor's Note: We'll be speaking in North Carolina and South Carolina this week. You can view our speaking calendar online.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 19 Nov 2013, 12:17 pm

Elaine, dying to be free!

Romans 8:13-14 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Once upon a time, there was a prince who received a very rare and beautiful bird. He named her Goldie and placed her in a lovely, 14K gold cage. But the poor creature was not impressed by the gold at all. She pleaded for her freedom but the prince loved her much too much to part with her. Still, she continued tobeg. In final desperation, she asked that he at least allow her go to her relatives and tell them that, though captive, she was still alive.

The prince was not certain she would return if he allowed her to go, so he decided to go and inform them himself. He went into the forest, where Goldie directed him and he found her sister. When she heard the awful news of Goldie's capture, she immediately fell to the ground and died.

Sorrowful, he returned to his castle and told Goldie the sad news that her sister had died. Immediately Goldie collapsed and died in the same manner.

Perpexed, but a tear rolling down his cheek, the prince then took the poor bird out of the cage, gently wrapped her in a cloth and placed her on his window sill in order to bury her. Suddenly, to the prince's amazement, the cloth began to move and Goldie fluttered out. She quickly flew out the window and landed in the nearest tree.

"You don't understand, fine prince" called the bird from the nearby, "by pretending to die, my sister taught me the way to escape."

The moral of the story is simply this. If we want to truly be free -- we have to die!  

Elaine, if we want to truly live a life of freedom, a life full of peace and joy, a life which provokes others to jealousy -- we must learn to die to our flesh and give our all to the One who has given His all for us! Let's take up our cross once again today.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 18 Nov 2013, 1:19 pm

Elaine, look for God's handwriting!

Psalms 56:3 Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You.

We came across this story in the book, Steel in His Soul, The Dick Hillis Story and it really ministered to us so we thought we'd pass it along.

Missionaries Dick and Margaret Hillis found themselves caught in China during the Japanese invasion. The couple lived with their two children in the inland town of Shenkiu. The village was tense with fear, for every day brought terrifying reports of the Japanese advance. At the worst possible time, Dick developed appendicitis, and he knew his life depended on making the long journey to the hospital. On January 15, 1941, with deep foreboding, Margaret watched him leave.

Soon the Chinese colonel came with the news. The enemy was near and townspeople must evacuate. Margaret shivered, knowing that one-year-old Johnny and two-month-old Margaret Anne would never survive as refugees. So she stayed put. Early next morning she tore the page from the wall calendar and read the new day's Scripture. It was Psalm 56:3 -- What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.

The town emptied during the day, and the next morning Margaret arose, feeling abandoned. The new verse on the calendar was Psalm 9:10 -- Thou, Lord, has not forsaken them that seek thee.

The next morning she arose to distant sounds of gunfire and worried about food and her children. The calendar verse was Genesis 50:21 -- I will nourish you and your little ones. An old woman suddenly popped in with a pail of steaming goat's milk, and another straggler arrived with a basket of eggs.

Through the day, sounds of warfare grew louder, and during the night Margaret prayed for deliverance. The next morning she tore the page from the calendar to read Psalm 56:9 -- When I cry unto Thee, then shall my enemies turn back. The battle was looming closer, and Margaret didn't go to bed that night. Invasion seemed imminent. But the next morning, all was quiet. Suddenly, villagers began returning to their homes, and the colonel knocked on her door. For some reason, he told her, the Japanese had withdrawn their troops. No one could understand it, but the danger had passed. They were safe.

Margaret glanced at her wall calendar and felt she had been reading the handwriting of God. 

Elaine, God's handwriting is all around us but so often in the midst of the wars we face, we neglect to take notice. Let's make an effort to see His merciful hand at work in our lives today. He cares for us more than we can imagine!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 15 Nov 2013, 9:47 am

Elainesometimes its hard to understand adversity -- but there's a purpose!

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

I suppose one of the hardest questions to answer is: "Why do I have to deal with so much adversity?!"

Quite honestly, one of the best answers I've ever come across was written by C.S. Lewis in his book, Mere Christianity. Lewis likened God's use of adversity to walking a dog. If the dog gets its leash wrapped around a pole and tries to continue running forward, he will only tighten the leash more. Both the dog and the owner are after the same end: forward motion. But the owner must resist the dog by pulling him opposite of the direction that he wants to go. The master, sharing the same intention, but understanding better than the dog where he really wants to go, takes an action precisely opposite to that of the dog's will. It is in this way that God uses adversity!

We really don't like being pulled and corrected by the Lord -- but when we understand there's a greater purpose involved, then we can pass through adversity with hope, expectation and steadfastness knowing these events are for our greater good!

Elaine, let's learn from the trials and tribulations we go through because God has a purpose in them. We may not enjoy it, but when all's said and done, enduring trials faithfully will produce perseverance, character, and hope. And hope will not disappoint us for the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit...[Romans 5:4-5] We truly can trust in the God who loves us with an everlasting love because He knows the direction we need to go, AND He knows exactly how to get us there! 

Editor's Note: We'll be speaking this week in Maryland and in Pennsylvania this weekend. You can view ourspeaking calendar online. It's far from complete, however it should be completed soon. If you'd like to hear what's going on in Israel from a perspective of those who live and minister there, let us know. We'd love to come and share what God is doing in the Land at your meeting, congregation or conference.

Elainedon't dry up!

Isaiah 58:11 And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not. 

One of the great marvels of the Roman Empire was the invention of the aqueduct system to provide water over vast distances. It was an absolutely ingenious method which made use of gravity, with stone arches to support the water channels. An aqueduct was built in 109 AD which carried water to the city of Segovia for eighteen hundred years. For nearly sixty generations this aqueduct provided cool water from the mountains above. But fairly recently, it collapsed.

A well-intentioned citizen, observing the ancient structure, remarked, "This aqueduct is so great a marvel that it ought to be preserved for our children, as a museum piece. We shall relieve it of its centuries-long labor." So the city decided to construct a modern water system with iron pipes to carry the water, intending to give the aqueduct a long-deserved rest. What they failed to realize, of course, was that attempting to preserve the aqueduct by stopping the flow of water through it, assured its rapid disintegration! As the sun beat down on the now dry mortar and stone, the centuries old structure quickly began to fall apart. Amazingly, nearly two millenia of service would not accomplish the destructive work of less than a century of idleness!

Elaine, this story ought to really encourage us in Kingdom work...since, continuing to allow Yeshua's living water to flow through us, we are constantly renewed and preserved, rather than drying up with idleness and atrophy. So...with so much work to be done, let us do it with the life-giving stream: the ever-renewing vitality of Yeshua's living water! 

Editor's Note: We'll be speaking in Pennsylvania this weekend. You can view our speaking calendar online.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 13 Nov 2013, 1:56 pm

Elaine, whose side are you on?

Joshua 5:13-15 And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted his eyes and looked, and behold, a Man stood opposite him with His sword drawn in His hand. And Joshua went to Him and said to Him, "Are You for us or for our adversaries?" So He said, "No, but as Commander of the army of the Lord I have now come." And Joshua fell on his face to the earth and worshiped, and said to Him, "What does my Lord say to His servant?" Then the Commander of the Lord's army said to Joshua, "Take your sandal off your foot, for the place where you stand is holy." And Joshua did so.

Revelation 19:11-16 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

Joshua son of Nun had been commissioned by Moses to bring Israel into the Promised Land. He was a leader and a general. Having spied out the land and returned with the other 11 spies, he was fully aware of the impending battle and the ferocity of the enemy.There were giants in the land. Having miraculously crossed over the Jordan with all the people and 40,000 armed soldiers, Joshua sensed deeply his responsibility to protect and lead Israel to victory and the inheritance God had promised them.

At this significant moment, somewhere near Jericho, the first battlefield, Joshua "lifted his eyes", to behold a Man. Focused in a mindset of warfare, he asks the obvious question:-- "whose side are you on?" The Man's answer immediately brings Joshua to another plane of existence: "No, but as Commander of the army of the Lord I have now come." The young general is standing before the Eternal Captain, Commander of the Lord's Army-- and the ground he is standing on is Holy!

The book of Revelation describes a Man who "judges and makes war". He is called the "King of Kings, and the Lord of Lord's", and undoubtedly He is God's 5 star General. It is very likely that this is the very Man who identified Himself to Joshua as "Commander of the Lord's Army". We know his name. It is Yeshua (Jesus). Once again, the Lord Himself appears in human form at a critical moment in history, to someone He loves. Do we recognize a pattern emerging? Abraham on the plains of Mamre; Jacob wrestling near the Jordan; and now, Joshua, right before the battle of Jericho!

Elaine, our natural tendency is always to ask "whose side is the Lord on?" How many wars have been fought by people who said, "God is on our side."? But the correct question is "Who is fighting on the Lord's side?" Who is truly standing for His interests and representing Him in the battle against the darkness? The flesh will always invoke the name of God to justify its own desires, political, military, or whatever they might be. But the Lord will only "show up" for His loved ones that are truly fighting with and for Him. So we must always ask ourselves if we are with Him. When we're sure that we are on His side, we can rest assured that He is on ours. Victory follows!

Editor's Note: We'll be speaking this week in Maryland and in Pennsylvania this weekend. You can view ourspeaking calendar online. It's far from complete, however it should be completed soon. If you'd like to hear what's going on in Israel from a perspective of those who live and minister there, let us know. We'd love to come and share what God is doing in the Land at your meeting, congregation or conference.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 12 Nov 2013, 9:16 am

Elaine, do you like puzzles? Here’s one for you.

1 Corinthians 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

As members of the body of Messiah, we can be compared to pieces in a jigsaw puzzle. Each piece has protrusions and indentations. The protrusions represent our strengths (gifts, talents, abilities), and the indentations represent our weaknesses (faults, limitations, shortcomings, undeveloped areas). The beautiful thing is that the pieces complement one another and produce a beautiful whole.

Just as each piece of a puzzle is important, so each member of the body is important and can minister to the other members of the body. And just as when one piece is missing from a puzzle, it’s absence is very obvious and damages the picture, so also is the whole weakened when we are absent from the body of Messiah.

Elaine, we have the privilege of being a little part of God’s big picture! Let’s not shy away from being a piece because there's so much work to be done!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 12 Nov 2013, 12:19 am

Elaine, receive power!

Acts 1:6-8 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. But ye shall receivepower, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. 

I love this passage of scripture. If you can imagine the disciples on this day – they had gone through a roller coaster ride of emotions over the past 50 days. They had seen their Lord crucified. And then had gone into hiding... until they discovered in amazement, He was alive! Just over 7 weeks had transpired and they were now watching Yeshua (Jesus) departing Earth and returning to His Father. The disciples were understandably unsure what was next, and so they asked a very reasonable question – "Lord, will you at this time restore the Kingdom to Israel?"

Notice that Yeshua did not answer the question directly or give them the details they were expecting. He merely said, "It is not for you to know the times or the seasons...." But then He set His own precedent and called them to be Holy Spirit empowered witnesses for Him and His Kingdom! 

Elaine, we don’t know the exact timing of His return and the coming of His Kingdom either, but just as those disciples were, we also are called to receive the power of the Holy Spirit and be His witnesses. We must seek the fullness of His Spirit, become empowered, and eagerly participate in this great end time mission, a harvest that likely will dwarf all that has gone before, and be part of a rich welcome for our glorious and awesome God!

Editor's Note: We'll be speaking this week in Maryland. You can view our speaking calendar online. It's far from complete, however it should be completed within a week. If you'd like to hear what's going on in Israel from a perspective of those who live and minister there, let us know. We'd love to come and share what God is doing in the Land at your meeting, congregation or conference.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 08 Nov 2013, 5:19 pm

Elaine, recount your blessings!

Joshua 23:14 Behold, this day I am going the way of all the earth. And you know in all your hearts and in all your souls that not one thing has failed of all the good things which the LORD your God spoke concerning you. All have come to pass for you; not one word of them has failed.

As Joshua led the children of Israel into the promised land it seemed that God had given them an impossible assignment -- to conquer a foreign and hostile land with fortified cities and armies greater than their own. They had to go forth only on the basis of God's promise. They had to walk by faith and not by sight!

How did Joshua lead them to walk by faith? He reminded them that God has never failed them. And he encouraged them to them focus on the promises of God! 

Elaine, you too can rely on God's faithfulness! Are you in the midst of a crisis? Are high mountains facing you? If so, we want to remind you of all the miraculous ways God has worked in your life in the past! Though we often forget our promises to Him, He will never forget His promises to us! Let's spend the weekend recounting God's victories and determine to exercise faith for the trials we face!

Editor's Note: We'll be speaking this week in Maryland. You can view our speaking calendar online. It's far from complete, however it should be completed within a week. If you'd like to hear what's going on in Israel from a perspective of those who live and minister there, let us know. We'd love to come and share what God is doing in the Land at your meeting, congregation or conference.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 07 Nov 2013, 12:57 pm

Elaine, multiply your time!

Colossians 4:5 Walk in wisdom toward them that are outside, redeeming the time.

Life can get so hectic sometimes -- we often try to do too many things at once. But when our schedule gets that hectic, we need to start investing in some quality time with the Lord. The operating word here is "investing".

Did you know that God is the best broker in town? When we invest our time in worship, prayer and the reading of His word, He takes that time and multiplies it many times over! When we give the Lord our time, He gets our minds focused and can even give us new ideas for how we can get things done better and more efficiently! I’ve heard testimony after testimony about this and seen God at work in my own life in this area. It really works!

Elaine, I heard it said once that “proof of love is the investment of time”. Do we have something to prove today? Let’s start by spending some time with the Lord. Spending time in His presence is the greatest investment we could ever make!

Special Praise Report: We took Elianna to the hospital for testing on Sunday. Her Cat-Scan was clean, meaning no tumors etc. praise the Lord! However, her EEG showed a form of epilepsy. We will be working on numerous things to help her and obviously be praying for her complete healing. Please pray for us in this endeavor and for the finances to cover this loss, as we have no health insurance her in the US. 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next