World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» ABOUT Farm Fresh Eggs & Chickens
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 11:57 pm by Admin

»  "Bring Them Home" protests heat up,
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 11:50 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 11:12 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 10:58 pm by Admin

» IsraelAM
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 10:50 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 10:46 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 10:39 pm by Admin

» AISH
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 10:18 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 10:02 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 9:49 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 9:12 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 9:07 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 9:04 pm by Admin

» Whose Land know the truth
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 6:57 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 6:47 pm by Admin

» OBAMA AGAIN
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 6:45 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 1:21 am by Admin

» The Risks of (AI) Artificial Intelligence
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 12:37 am by Admin

» A Lenten Prayer to Bring Beauty from Ashes - Easter Devotional - March 17
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 6 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 9:50 pm by Admin

» CONTROVERSIAL TOPIC
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 6 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 5:54 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next

Go down

KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 6 Empty Re: KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING

Post  Admin Tue 09 Aug 2022, 12:07 pm

1 SAMUEL 2

22 Now Eli was very old, and heard all that his sons did unto all Israel; and how they lay with the women that assembled at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.

23 And he said unto them, Why do ye such things? for I hear of your evil dealings by all this people.

24 Nay, my sons; for it is no good report that I hear: ye make the Lord's people to transgress.

A SLAP ON THE WRIST

Eli was the High priest, his sons were priests also, but they where a disgrace to their calling. Not only were they thieves, but they were fornicators.

These women came to worship God, but these two evil men used and abused their power.

The Lord eventually dealt with them and rightly so, but why did it have to come to that?

I have heard it enough times, some Christian is living in sin and I hear this:

You can't judge him/her

You should look at your own life first.

You should show them love

They have been members of the church a long time, we can't drive them away.

Eli knew that what they were doing was sinful, he was the stereotypical bad parent or even pastor, whatever their child or church member do, they tolerate, they don't want to rock the boat, they can't correct their children/church members, that is too harsh by far.

Now I realise that God hardened their hearts, because of their indifference, but Eli was at fault here, he should have dealt firmly, in banning these evil men from the priest's office, the things they were doing, were worthy of severe punishment or even death.

Virtually the same scenario happened in Numbers 25, what happened these two were pierced through by Phinehas. So why didn't this happen with these two evil men?

I hear this all the time, something happens in a church, some Christian is in sexual sin and after multiple rebukes refuses to change his/her behaviour. We need to deal with sin in the house of God, not wait and say, let's wait and pray and let God handle it. He has given us pastors and deacons with authority to deal with this, but how often do they act like Eli and give a slap on the wrist, when they need to deal with the sin like Phinehas did and kill it, that is to disallow fellowship to that person.

Time to clean house Church, judgement begins at the house of God.

God wants a pure church.

God bless you

KK

1 CORINTHIANS 1

2 To the church of God that is in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints together with all those who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, both their Lord and ours:

CALLED TO BE SAINTS

What a way to start a letter.

First of all, we are sanctified in Christ Jesus, in the Greek it is used as a noun and means Holy People, we are as Peter says later in his epistle in chapter 2:

9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.

Why are we a holy people, because we are called to be saints, or to be holy. Corinth was one of the worst places to be a Christian, it was full of sin and idols and temples to false Gods and yet here were a people who were holy to the Lord, who were to live lives that were worthy of their high calling.

Look at the phrase Peter uses in the verse above, to proclaim the excellencies of Him, don't you just love that, why have we been saved?

We are a church set apart by God, a chosen people and a royal priesthood, why so that we who are called to be saints can show forth the glorious excellencies of the one who called us.

Let's do that every day and show the world that Jesus lives.. in us

For his glory and honour

Amen

God Bless You,

KK

PRAYER FOCUS 

COUNTRY

Please pray fervently

UKRAINE

https://prayercast.com/ukraine.html

People Focus

Ukrainian

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/15696/UP

Crimean Tatars

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/11434/UP

[size=30]Ruthenian[/size]

[size]

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/14601/UP

SOAK IN SCRIPTURE

CLICK, LISTEN AND BE BLESSED

Witnessing Excuses - I'm scared

[color:44e1=427194]Darren Rogers[color:44e1=344556] | Witnessing

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=46221853274039

John Rogers: Protestant Martyr2

[color:44e1=427194]Rev. Gordon Dane[color:44e1=344556] | Reformation Month

[color:44e1=344556]https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=1030574949

[size=24]Martyrs Minute: Benjamin the Deacon Chooses King Jesus over King of Persia[/size]
Jason Cooley

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=1022151946205

Chips off the Block

[color:44e1=427194]K. David Oldfield[color:44e1=344556] | First Peter

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=61322222234735

[/size]

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 03 Aug 2022, 2:37 pm

REVELATION 3

20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

ANSWER THE DOOR!!!!

This is probably the most misused verse in the Bible, when I came to faith back in 1975, this was the verse that I remember from the book Journey into life. But it is not aimed at unbelievers, it comes right at the end off the letters to the seven churches and indeed right at the end of the last one to the Laodicean church, which has some of the strongest rebukes in the Bible.

You remember that Jesus has become so upset with this Church and its compromise that he has threatened to spew them out of his mouth, that means what they are makes him physically sick. This Church was not one thing or the other, they wanted to serve Christ and still wanted to live in the world.

But there is hope, this is one of the greatest invitations in the Bible. Let's look at it for a minute.

It is Jesus who is knocking, Behold I stand, if you go and read in Song of Solomon chapter 5:2, Solomon is seeking for his bride. This is a wonderful picture of what Jesus is doing today, he is earnestly seeking his bride, the Church. He is standing at the door of the Church and knocking to get in.  Is he standing at your Church and knocking to get in?

Although these letters were addressed to the Leaders of the seven Churches, this invitation is to everyone in the Church. note the words, if any one hear my voice and open the door. This whole invitation is a personal invite for every Christian as well as for the whole Church.  The Lord stands at the door of each believers heart and he is constantly knocking, but the door handle is on the inside, it's up to you Believer’s to open the door.

Well what happens when you open the door, it's the most glorious thing ever, Jesus comes and has intimate communion with us, there are two amazing promises here, one is that Jesus will come in, when you open the door, he will be there. Sometimes you open the door after someone has been knocking and they have disappeared, not Jesus. Secondly, he will have fellowship with us and get this.. us with him. The most intimate thing that we have is a meal and that is why Jesus is knocking, he wants intimate and deep fellowship.

It's time for some Churches to open the door to Jesus, because the door to him, is closed. Are you going to brave enough to open it?

As an individual believer are you going to open the door of your own life to Jesus?

How long are you going to leave him at your door knocking?

It's time to answer the door!!!

God Bless You,

Keith

1 SAMUEL 15

22 And Samuel said, Hath the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the Lord, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

GOD'S DELIGHT AND GOD'S HATRED

It is always the case with the true minister of God, that when they have to confront anybody and in this case and in Samuel's case, it was the king, that they didn't compromise about speaking directly and called Sin.. Sin.

The context is set in verse 21, Saul uses te excuse of sacrificing these animals to God. but did God ask for a sacrifice to Him, no he asked for obedience to his word.

Let me give you a modern example, we can give our money week after week into the offering box and still not be obeying God. We can come to church on sunday and still not be obeying God, we can go through all the religous rituals we want and still not be obeying God.

Let me ask you these questions

When is the last time you shared your faith with someone? Matthew 28 and Mark 16
When is the last time you hosted another believer in your home? 1 Peter 4:9
When have you forgiven another brother and sister Colossians 3:13

All commands in the bible.. yes. So were they put there for our interest.. or our obedience.

So when we don't do them.. please tell me what it is?

DISOBEDIENCE

And what is disobedience likened to, well to witchcraft. Strong words to me and you. we know we are to do these things and yet we either won't or don't.

Disobedience is an act of the will, it is not an emotion. It is seated in the flesh, that is why it is likened to stubbornness and inquity.

Let me tell you that I am probably the biggest culprit, when it comes to this.  I pick and choose which commands I obey. 

God does not want you sacrifices church, he wants your and my obedience.

He clearly states that these sacrifices are not something he accepts. The children of Israel tried to give God lots of sacrifices, lots of words. but it did not mean anything to God because these words came from a heart that was not true to him. They were false sacrifices from a heart far away from Him.

The Jewish leaders tried this; they were rejected. Why, because they thought their sacrifices and they tithed even their herbs meant more to God than their obedience to him and his word.

God called them empty whitewashed tombs full of dead men's bones!!

Are you an empty tomb full of dead men's bones?

God bless you

Keith
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 28 Jul 2022, 6:36 pm

[size=24]1 SAMUEL 15

20 And Saul said unto Samuel, Yea, I have obeyed the voice of the Lord, and have gone the way which the Lord sent me, and have brought Agag the king of Amalek, and have utterly destroyed the Amalekites.  21 But the people took of the spoil, sheep and oxen, the chief of the things which should have been utterly destroyed, to sacrifice unto the Lord thy God in Gilgal.

DIRECT DISOBEDIENCE

Saul was told to completely destroy Amalek. Why would God want Saul to do this?

Amalek was the one who attacked the weak rearguard of Israel. In Exodus chapter 17 they were terrible, and it took all the prayers of Moses to support Joshua as he fought against them. So they were very evil people and God wanted them to be destroyed, as they were a people who not only attacked the children of Israel, but also led them into idol worship.

When sin and disobedience is in the believer's life, they will make many excuses. The origins are in the Garden of Eden, when Adam blamed Eve. She blamed the serpent  who hadn't got a leg to stand on, so to speak.

Saul heard the words of Samuel in verse 3. He knew what God wanted him to do, but he was like Achan; he saw the good things and kept them. He destroyed all the rubbish of Amalek, but kept the best things to do what -  sacrifice unto the Lord?

How often are we like Saul? We are told to completely destroy some pet sin, but we keep the best parts of it.  We think that God will be satisfied with partial obedience. and God comes like Samuel did and says ‘What means the bleating of the sheep in my ears?’.   We try and hide our sin from God, thinking that partial obedience is true obedience when in fact it is direct disobedience.

We blame other. Let's say we have the sin of pride, and we say to God ‘Well I have got rid of it. But look at him/her: they have this sin or that sin and I haven't’. Well you still have the sin of pride, however much you may try to hide it.

The people did not keep the sheep and the oxen; the order to do this came from the top, from Saul himself.

Are you disobeying God Christian, and then blaming someone else for your sin?  You need to take responsibility for your actions.

Are you still keeping an Agag in your life? Look at what Samuel did to Agag and he was an old man!!!

It is tiime to obey the Lord fully and to destroy the Amalekites and Agag's in your life.

Remember, if you don't they will turn into Haman, who in the book of Esther put the children of Israel in serious peril,  and it was only because God graciously intervened that they were saved.

Do not play around with sin believer, do as Samuel did and hack your Agag to pieces and wholly follow the Lord.

Amen

Keith

PRAYER FOCUS[/size]

BULGRIAN IN BULGURIA

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/10998/BU

WOPU IN CHINA

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/18712/CH

BERTI IN SUDAN

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/10812/SU

SOAK IN SCRIPTURE

[size=24]Time for a Testimony[/size]

[color:7268=427194][size=24]Doug Agnew
[color:7268=344556] | Acts[/size]

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=87181555453

[size=24]A Fool's Night

[color:7268=427194]Pastor Todd L. Abbey[color:7268=344556] | Luke - Life, Hope, Truth[/size]

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=12420151693081

The Joy of Forgiveness

[color:7268=427194][size=24]John Pate [/size]

[color:7268=344556][size=24]https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=325181459172
[/size]

GUEST DEVOTION

Applying the Word Without Delay)

"If anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks at his natural face in a mirror; for once he has looked at himself and gone away, he has immediately forgotten what kind of person he was" (James 1:23-24).
Always respond immediately to what you know to be God’s will for you.

Men, have you ever been at work and touched your face, only to realize that you forgot to shave? Perhaps you were distracted by your wife's call to breakfast or by one of the kids. Ladies, have you ever been out in public and suddenly realized that you forgot to apply some of your makeup? Those are common occurrences that illustrate what it means to hear God's Word but fail to respond.

James 1:23 says, "If anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks at his natural face in a mirror." "Looks" doesn't refer to a casual glance but to a careful, cautious, observant stare. This person is taking a good, long look at himself. Hearers of the Word are not necessarily superficial or casual in their approach to Scripture. They can be serious students of the Word. The fact is, some seminary professors or Sunday School teachers are not true believers. Some even write commentaries and other Bible reference works. Your response to the Word—not your depth of study alone—is the issue with God.

Despite the hearer's lingering look, he failed to respond and the image reflected in the mirror soon faded. That's reminiscent of Jesus saying, "When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what has been sown in his heart" (Matt. 13:19). The Word was sown but it bore no fruit. The man looked into the mirror but he made no corrections.

Perhaps there's something God's Word is instructing you to do that you've been putting off. If so, delay no longer. Don't be a forgetful hearer!

Suggestions for Prayer

Ask God to teach you to be more disciplined in responding to the dictates of His Word.

For Further Study and Reflection:point_down::point_down::point_down:

Read :point_right::book: Matthew 13:1-23, noting the various soils and what they represent.

Bread of life Prepared by Servant Ebukmfon 
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 26 Jul 2022, 12:08 am

Dear friend

Thank you for taking time to read these devotions, they are unique, not only devotions, but sermons and prayer links. 

Please share these devotions on every available social media outlet you can and if any who are reading this for the first time and want to want to receive the devotions, please email me at keitherichobkirk@hotmail.com

I live in China, I am an English Christian, married to a wonderful Chinese church leader.

Please share especially on Facebook, do you realise that false teacher Joseph prince has a group numbering over 100 thousand?

Let's get the truth of God's word out to a needy world.

Thanks

Keith

1 JOHN 4

11. Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.
12. No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

SHOWING TRUE LOVE

The previous verse has shown us that God has showed his love to us, by sending Jesus to die on the Cross for us.

Yeah, so what!

Because we have been loved by God so much, we have to love others, especially the Brethren.

No one has seen God in all his fullness.. although Jesus has shown us the Father.

So how can God be seen?

One of the ways is that his people love each other deeply and with fervency.

One of the main ways the world sees God is through the love we have for our brothers and sisters.

One of the ways we have the assurance of Salvation that God is dwelling within us.
We know that we are growing in faith... why? Because our love for the brethren is growing and growing.

The Christian and the Church are unique.. individually and corporately, it is filled with love.

God bless you

Keith

PRAYER FOCUS

JAPANESE IN JAPAN
https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/12322/JA

HAN CHINESE, MANDARIN

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/12051/CH

HAN CHINESE, WU

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/11345/CH

SOAK IN SCRIPTURE

How Should Christians Overcome Addictions?
Richard Caldwell Jr. | 01 Straight Truth Podcast

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=2922174327355

The Root and Fruit of Grace
Jim Savastio 

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=11320035396696

America in Babylon
J. D. Hatfield 

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=32022141182541
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 19 Jul 2022, 10:23 pm

[size=24]1 JOHN 4

10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

THE EVIDENCE OF GOD'S LOVE

John is the apostle of love; he is the one who was closest to Jesus. He was the one who leaned on Jesus at the last supper. He was one of the three on the Mt of Transfiguration and he was the only one standing at the cross, so he above anyone else can give us the unique perspective on God's love.

The love that God gave and has given us is completely unearned and undeserved. In fact, we deserve Hell, judgement and punishment. I know that I do. 

Now God could have kept that love to Himself. He could have said, “Well, I really do love humanity and indeed I feel sorry for them, but they got themselves into this mess. Let them get themselves out of it”. 

Now there is a long word at the end of the verse, what does this word mean? In the Greek it means Hilasmos. It means a sacrifice that turns away God's wrath and turns it into favour. 

The problem man had was impossible for him to conquer on his own. Someone had to come down and deal with Sin. What Jesus did was to take God's full righteous anger and justice to declare us righteous and justified. I, for one, can't get my head fully round what God did in reconciling us to himself. 

God's love was in evidence in Him dealing with sin. Jesus came to be the propitiation for our sins; He came and died to turn our judgement into righteousness our condemnation into justification and our bondage into freedom. 

We now have God's favor because of the sacrifice of Jesus. Let us never lose sight of the glory of the cross. 

Archibald Brown penned these amazing words. 

Before God could forgive a sinner in accordance with His infinite holiness and perfect justice — think what had to be done, sacrificed, and suffered! Measure God's pardon, by the obstacles His pardoning love overcame— and then you can form some idea of its intensity. 

God has fathomed His love and pity in one text, "God SO loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son." That little word "so" contains more than Heaven or Earth can describe. In it, is the heart of God; in it, is the depth of pardoning love. Oh think for a minute what that pardon cost, which now makes your soul sing for joy. You received it freely enough, because Another paid the price; but what was that price? 

God's love is most in evidence at the cross, but let us realize what it cost His Son to put us right with God. 

The cross.. the cross.. is such a place
A place of beauty
A place of pain
A place where sin was destroyed
Where The saviour bled and died
For me.. for me 

God bless you 

Keith 

PRAYER FOCUS

[size=24]PRAYER FOCUS[/size]

[size=24]SOMLI IN ETHOPIA[/size]

[size=16][size=24]https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/14983/ET
[/size][/size]

GUJAR IN INDIA

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/16878/IN

TUJIA IN CHINA
https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/18702/CH

SOAK IN SCRIPTURE

[size=24]Important lessons learned from Lot's life, [/size]
[color:fee2=427194][size=24]Pastor Chalan Hetherington [/size]

[color:fee2=344556][size=24]https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=792221054657
[/size]

[size=24]A Vision of Hell - A Vision of The Lost - by William Booth

[color:fee2=427194]William Booth[color:fee2=344556] | Rare Recordings from the Past[/size]

[size=24]https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=11908653572[/size]

Sinners In The Hands of An Angry God1

[color:fee2=427194][size=24]Jonathan Edwards
[color:fee2=344556] | The Narrated Puritan - T M S
[/size]

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=91720126196104

GUEST DEVOTION

[size=16][size=24](A Living Sacrifice)
[/size]

"Offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ" (1 Pet. 2:5).
Every faculty you have is to be used for God’s glory.

In Romans 12:1 Paul pleads with believers to present their bodies to God as a living and holy sacrifice, which is an appropriate and acceptable act of worship. But as someone has rightly said, the problem with living sacrifices is they tend to crawl off the altar. That's because sacrificial living demands spiritual discipline and constant dependence on the Holy Spirit. We as Christians aren't always willing to do that.

According to Paul, the motivation and ability for self-sacrifice are found in the mercies we've already experienced in Christ. In Romans 1-11 he mentions several, including love, grace, peace, faith, comfort, power, hope, patience, kindness, glory, honor, righteousness, forgiveness, reconciliation, justification, security, eternal life, freedom, resurrection, sonship, intercession, and the Holy Spirit. Because you've received all that, you should gladly surrender every faculty you have for holy purposes.

"Body" in Romans 12:1 also includes your mind. Verse 2 says, "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect." A transformed mind is the key to transformed behavior.

Prior to your salvation, you had neither the desire nor the ability to make such a sacrifice. But because you are a new creation in Christ, you are not to "go on presenting the members of your body to sin as instruments of unrighteousness; but . . . as instruments of righteousness to God" (Rom. 6:13). One practical implication? Abstain from sexual immorality. Know how to possess your own body in sanctification and honor (1 Thess. 4:3-4).

You are a holy priest, and your priestly work begins with presenting yourself as a living and holy sacrifice. Is that your desire? Are you a faithful priest?

Suggestions for Prayer

Thank God for His bountiful mercies toward you.
Commit this day to Him, asking for the grace to live a holy life.
For Further Study and Reflection :point_down::point_down::point_down:

Read :point_right::book: Romans 6.

What choices do you have as a believer that you didn't have as an unbeliever?
What is the benefit of being God's slave?
[/size]
Bread of life Prepared by Servant Ebukmfon 
Ebukmfon S Mbaedem

[/size]

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 07 Jul 2022, 9:25 pm

[size=24]Welcome to Noonday Devotions[/size]

[size=24]You will find my devotion, links to pray for people groups, sermons to click and listen to and also a guest devotion. All I ask is that you read, pray and listen and if you have been blessed.. please share them.[/size]

[size=24]If you wish to receiveand aren't at the present time the devotions, please email me at keitherichobkirk@hotmail.com. I also send out devotions to Chinese believers in English and Chinese, if you have any Chinese friends, who would like to receive them, please ask them to email me also.[/size]

[size=24]God bless you[/size]

[size=24]Keith[/size]

[size=24]PROVERBS 21[/size]

[size=24]2 Every man’s way is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs and examines the hearts.

RIGHT MOTIVES:

All of us love to do things for God, and we don’t mind receiving praise for it…Amen!  My former Pastor Mark said that we live for an audience of One...we do things for God and God alone.  God not only watches what we do, He also observes why we do it.  Which raises the following question:  Are our motives pure in serving God?

The Lord is more concerned about our motives, than the actions we engage in.  We may be able to fool man, but we can never fool God.  He knows our hearts, our motives, and our thoughts.  So, when you decide to do anything for the Lord, make sure that it is out of love for Him and concern for your fellow man.

God bless you

Keith

[size=24]PRAYER FOCUS

PLEASE PRAY

LOHAR IN INDIA

[size=24]https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/17379/IN
[/size]

RAI IN INDIA

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/17925/IN

HAZARA IN AFGHANISTAN

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/12076/AF

SOAK IN SCRIPTURE

PLEASE CLICK AND LISTEN

[size=24]Authentic Happiness

[color:1f51=427194]Roland Hammett[color:1f51=344556] | Psalms Spotlight[/size]

[color:1f51=344556][size=24]https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=99310201417580
[/size]

[size=24]Bible's Representation of Justification

[color:1f51=427194]Dr. Mark Allison[color:1f51=344556] | Roman Catholicism Refuted[/size]

[color:1f51=344556][size=24]https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=21505173055
[/size]

[size=24]Rebelling Against Royalty

[color:1f51=427194]Roland Hammett[color:1f51=344556] | Psalms Spotlight[/size]

[/size]
https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=9931020141800

GUEST DEVOTION

A Love Worth Dying For

[size=24]I don’t know how He loved so vile a sinner ~

Before I even knew, or made response,
I only know He took an awful beating
And died for me upon a cruel cross.

Now, when I think of golden streets, He’s offered ~
No cost to me, save only just believe ~ 
I count His name most precious and most sacred;
I love and trust all from His heart received.

It didn’t take me long, once I had heard it,
He loved a love He thought worth dying for;
And so, for me, with life made richer, fuller;
I found a Love ~ a Love worth living for.

:copyright::copyright: 2007 by Joan Clifton Costner
Under His Wings Heavenly Poetry 
Joan is a Heavenly Inspirations Author.
[/size]

[/size]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 01 Jul 2022, 9:34 pm

[size=16][size=19][size=24]JEREMIAH 2[/size][/size][/size]

13 For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.

GOING DOWN THE TOILET

This is what is happening to the nation of Judah.

The nation of Judah had seen what happened to Israel, its larger neighbour.  It saw that God had pronounced judgement on Israel and they were carried into exile. Although Judah had several Godly kings such as Hezekiah and Josiah, they still fell into idolatry and sin. 

This verse speaks of Judah’s rejection of the glory of God’s presence and power, to chase after worthless idols.  

Look at the verses before this, the Living Bible puts it very well in verses 8 & 10-12:

8 Even their priests cared nothing for the Lord, and their judges ignored me; their rulers turned against me, and their prophets worshipped Baal and wasted their time on nonsense.

10-11 Look around you and see if you can find another nation anywhere that has 
traded in its old gods for new ones—even though their gods are nothing. Send to the west to the island of Cyprus; 
send to the east to the deserts of Kedar. See if anyone there has ever heard so 
strange a thing as this. And yet my people have given up their glorious God for silly idols! 

The prophet Jeremiah is amazed at what THE NATION OF Judah had done.  I can hear the prophet saying, "You have pure water – you can see its pure water – but you deliberately choose to drink stinking rotten water!”  Judah chose to reject pure water (God’s presence) that is available for free, and work hard to obtain filthy water that will make them sick.  

Christians in this present age have the pure holy water of Jesus, but they hew out the cisterns that hold no water by living in carnality and sin.  We often struggle to place Jesus first in our lives because we are consumed with chasing money, wealth, sports, and TV.  Consider this: How many Christians watch over 25 hours of TV every week, but can’t spend an hour in prayer?

When will we stop making cisterns or idols for ourselves that can’t hold water, which means that they have no value to our lives?  It’s almost like Jesus isn’t enough for some believers.

Isn’t He lovely enough?
Isn’t He glorious enough?
Isn’t His sacrifice at Calvary enough?

It’s time to tear down our idols.  Let me leave the final words to Charles Haddon Spurgeon on how beautiful Jesus is:

The incomparable sweetness of Christ!

At our very best we are strangers to much of the incomparable sweetness of Christ. 
We shall never exhaust His goodness by our praise, for He is ever so fresh and has so much of the dew of His youth, that every day He has a new song to sing.  
We shall find Him a new Christ every day of our lives, and yet He is ever the same; His surpassing excellence and unexhausted fullness thus constantly renew our love. 
O Jesus! none can guess how great is the least of Your attributes, or how rich the poorest of Your gifts.

It is time to stop drinking dirty water out of man-made cisterns and drink the pure water of Christ and his Word

God bless you

KEITH

[size=24]JUDGES 16[/size]

[size=24]16 And it came to pass, when she pressed him daily with her words, and urged him, so that his soul was vexed unto death;

17 That he told her all his heart, and said unto her, There hath not come a razor upon mine head; for I have been a Nazarite unto God from my mother's womb: if I be shaven, then my strength will go from me, and I shall become weak, and be like any other man.

18 And when Delilah saw that he had told her all his heart, she sent and called for the lords of the Philistines, saying, come up this once, for he hath shewed me all his heart. Then the lords of the Philistines came up unto her, and brought money in their hand.

19 And she made him sleep upon her knees; and she called for a man, and she caused him to shave off the seven locks of his head; and she began to afflict him, and his strength went from him.

20 And she said, The Philistines be upon thee, Samson. And he awoke out of his sleep, and said, I will go out as at other times before, and shake myself. And he wist not that the Lord was departed from him.

21 But the Philistines took him, and put out his eyes, and brought him down to Gaza, and bound him with fetters of brass; and he did grind in the prison house.

LUST, LIES AND LOSS

The story of Samson is probably one of the saddest in the whole Bible。 Samson had awesome strength, but he also had a fatal flaw and that was his lust for women.

Throughout his 40 years of judging Israel, Samson was a living, breathing scandal when it came to women. Despite his great strength he had a weakness for women. And it was this weakness that would be his undoing.  One day he met a woman named Delilah.  She was not a woman of the house of Israel.  She was a Philistine, a people who were the sworn enemy of Israel, the people who Samson was appointed by God to judge and protect.  But Delilah had one thing going for her: She was beautiful, and as far as Samson was concerned, that was all that mattered.  The above passage tells us what happens next: Delilah presses Samson for the secret to his strength, Samson deceives Delilah, Samson eventually gives in to Delilah, Samson loses his two eyes, and Israel loses one of its greatest military heroes.

Samson is a warning to every believer about the power of lust to distract and destroy your fellowship, your family, your reputation.  The path of lust and sin leads to death.  Romans 6:23 reminds us that, “The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Look at the end of verse 19. Delilah started to laugh at Samson. The world and the devil lures the believer and when we fall to temptation, we become the object of his ridicule and scorn.  

Verse 20 is one of the saddest verses in the whole Bible. Samson not only lost his strength, he lost his dignity, and eventually he lost his two eyes. This is a picture of the Christian who falls out of fellowship with God.  When we lose our connection with God, defeat follows. We think we can live on past glories.  And while the Lord never leaves us, we can leave Him.  This makes us an easy prey for the enemy.  If we lose God's power, then we lose our spiritual sight and we end up in the prison house of sin and regret. 

Lust leads to a life of lies and to the loss of our spiritual power.  Samson, who had never lost a fight, lost everything to his lust for a woman.  

What have you lost because of sin? Think about it.

Fortunately, the story of Samson does not end with him losing his two eyes and grinding away in the prison house.  Eventually, his hair grows back and so does his strength.  One day the Philistines decide to bring Samson into the temple of Dagon, their god to make sport of him…big mistake. The great Samson, is now a laughingstock to his enemies.  He calls out to a young boy to place his hands on the two pillars of the temple.  He then does something that he should have done when he was with Delilah…he prayed.  He says to God: “O Lord God, remember me, I pray!  Strengthen me, I pray, just this once, O God…”. The Lord heard his prayer, and gave Samson the strength to bring down the temple of Dagon on the entire hosts of the Philistines!  Here is the lesson: If you have fallen into sin, it is not the end of your story.  God still has a plan and a purpose for your life. God is waiting to restore you, and give you the power to overcome the enemy.  And through Him, you can do more for His glory now, than at any other time in your life.  Seek Him today.  You will be glad you did.

God bless you
[/size]
[size=24]Keith[/size]

[size=24]PRAYER FOCUS

PLEASE PRAY

FULANI IN NIGERIA

[size=24]https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/10949/NI
[/size]

PERSIAN IN IRAN

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/14371/IR

AFSHARI IN IRAN

[size=14][size=24]https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/19409/IR
[/size][/size][/size]

SOAK IN SCRIPTURE

CLICK AND LISTEN

[size=24]The Problem of Suffering (Job)

[color:97b9=427194]Denis Lyle[color:97b9=344556] | Problems on Life's Pathway[/size]

[color:97b9=344556][size=24]https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=1019201916582307
[/size]

[size=24]The Problem of Depression (Elijah)

[color:97b9=427194]Denis Lyle[color:97b9=344556] | Problems on Life's Pathway[/size]

[color:97b9=344556][size=24]https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=1020201929364796
[/size]

[size=24]The Problem of Encouragement (Barnabas)

[color:97b9=344556][size=24]https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=1021201921275059
[/size]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 26 Jun 2022, 4:52 pm

Please pray for us, thanks for all your prayers.

Personal Prayer

We need prayer for our daughter S, she had an interview for a teaching job, but still hasn't heard, she needs a job and also is praying fervently for a godly husband, Please join in our fervent prayers.. 

Please pray for our future area of ministry, my wife retires from teaching next year and we will have more time on our hands, please pray that the Lord would give us clear direction, we have a new flat about 60miles from Nanjing, maybe the lord wants us to start a new church there or maybe mover overseas, we don't know, but please pray. We are considering all options, staying in China, leaving China, including returning to the Uk, my heart is to seek to share the gospel to the Chinese who live outside China and also to tell our story to the western church. We are open to God's leading, where ever that takes us , but we go as a family. Please pray that God's way will be open to us and God's will may be revealed to us.

Please pray for our little school, one class has just one girl in it, two boys have left, please pray that these would be replaced.

Please pray for all financial needs to be met.

Please pray for my devotional ministry, thank Gid it goes all around the world, if you receive it, share it and ask others to subscribe at keitherichobkirk@hotmail.com

Please pray for the salvation of Helen's niece studying in the USA, that she would hear and respond to the gospel.

Please also pray for my niece Sally , husband Dominic and children Angelique and Chloe, they also live in USA, they live and work amongst many Christians.

BATTLE STATIONS

Please pray as during the summer, many church members go back to their home towns, please pray that they remain steadfast in the faith.

Please pray for Pastor Z AND senior overall Pastor D, and all church co workers, that they would have one focus.

Please pray for the calling of more men into leadership and preaching. Please pray for the men no longer to be dormant, but to take an active and decisive role in serving and teaching others. Hebrews 5:12-6:3。

Please pray for the six small house groups and for the planting and establishment of groups within every housing complex in our area, there must be between 50-100. Please pray that each one would be self-contained, as there is facial recognition software installed at every gate entrance, so people in the at complex, need to be reached by people who live there. Please pray that these would be led by men and be taught well in the scriptures.

Please pray for the Christian marriages in the church, there are few, please pray for the many sisters who have unsaved husbands, that they would live worthily before their husbands and win them without a word. 1 peter 3.

Please pray for the children of the church, they are bombarded with atheist teaching at school and to be a Christian and a child is frowned upon . Please pray for the next generation, we have a gap in church, there are many sisters about 50, but then a gap with not many young people and people in their twenties and thirties, this is the situation in our church, but not all. Please pray young people would come into the church and become involved.

Continue to lift up China, the situation is bad, but it is bearable, we are blessed that people are still able to hear the old old story, and come in repentance and faith to the foot of the cross.

We covet your prayers, please get your church involved, if you want to start a prayer group for China, please do, use this as a basis to pray. 

2 Thess 3:1

Finally, brothers,[a] pray for us, that the word of the Lord may speed ahead and be honoured,[b] as happened among you

If you can pray one thing, please pray this, please share these prayer needs:

PLACE THEM ON YOUR CHURCH NOTICE BOARD
ADOPT OUR CHURCH
ADOPT MYSELF, HELEN AND SHERRY, WE DON'T NEED MONEY JUST PRAYER
PLEASE PLACE THESE NEEDS ON FACEBOOK, IO GROUPS AND ALL OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA OUTLETS

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE ADDED TO THE MAILING LIST, PLEASE EMAIL ME AT keitherichobkirk@hotmail.com

PRAYER FOCUS

IF YOU DON'T PRAY THEN WHO WILL?

HUI IN CHINA

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/12140/CH

UYGHUR IN CHINA

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/15755/CH

AFGHAN, TAJIK

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/14372/AF

SEKAPAN IN MALYSIA

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/14821/MY

SOAK IN SCRIPTURE

JUST CLICK AND LISTEN

My own Problem - Sin

[color:2cd4=427194]Denis Lyle[color:2cd4=344556] | Problems on Life's Pathway

[color:2cd4=344556]https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=10182018245411

The God over all our problems

[color:2cd4=344556]https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=1018201121555940

The Problem of Commitment

[color:2cd4=344556]https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=1023202015265494

The Problem of Pessimism

[color:2cd4=344556]https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=102220192867502
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 23 Jun 2022, 6:24 pm

KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 6 Photo?spsize=80X80&fallback_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs.yimg.com%2Fdh%2Fap%2Fsocial%2Fprofile%2Fprofile_a64

[ltr]hobkirk keith [/ltr]

Thu, Jun 23 at 1:26 AM

[size=17][size=16][size=24]19 Oh that you would slay the wicked, O God!
    O men of blood, depart from me!
20 They speak against you with malicious intent;
    your enemies take your name in vain.[size=24][b][/size]
21 Do I not hate those who hate you, O Lord?
    And do I not loathe those who rise up against you?
22 I hate them with complete hatred;
    I count them my enemies.
[/size]
[/size]

[size=16][size=24]TRUE HATRED[/size][/size]

Not all people will have the same attitude to God as we do. Indeed there are many people who hate God, yes hate God.

Surely people don't hate God, people are just not interested. When we share the gospel, the reaction from people is just to refuse, surely they are just busy. No they are against God, they hate him. 

Before we were saved, we were haters of God, we shook our fists at God in rebellion.

People fight against God, they speak against God with malicious intent, they curse God, they revile God.

Remember this, that anyone who is outside of Christ is God's enemy, but this is the wonder of salvation, when salvation happens, we who were once enemies became his friends, and yes his sons and daughters.

These people are atheists, they don't believe what the psalmist believes, they don't believe that God has created them. They believe that we came from some process, they rage at God, people like Richard Dawkins rage at God, they say that God hates people, when they hate God.

These people are to be pitied, hell awaits these people.

What do we do with these people, we pray for them, we continue to share the gospel with them, even if they reject us.

Matthew Henry says this

He detests them ([size=24]v. 21, 22): "Lord, thou knows the heart, and canst witness for me; do not I hate those that hate thee, and for that reason, because they hate thee? I hate them because I love thee, and hate to see such affronts and indignities put upon thy blessed name. Am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee, grieved to see their rebellion and to foresee their ruin, which it will certainly end in?" Note, Sin is hated, and sinners are lamented, by all that fear God. "I hate them" (that is, "I hate the work of them that turn aside," as he explains himself, Ps 101 3) "with a sincere and perfect hatred; I count those that are enemies to God as enemies to me, and will not have any intimacy with them," Ps 69 8[/size]

God bless you

KK.

[size=16][size=24]23 Search me, O God, and know my heart!
    Try me and know my thoughts![size=24][c][/size]
24 And see if there be any grievous way in me,
    and lead me in the way everlasting![size=24][d][/size]
[/size][/size]

[size=16][size=10][size=24]THE PRAYER OF THE TRUE CHRISTIAN[/size][/size][/size]

[size=16][size=10][size=24]How should we pray?[/size][/size][/size]

[size=16][size=10][size=24]Here is a good way?[/size][/size][/size]

[size=16][size=10][size=24]All through the psalm, we have seen that God knows all about us, but still the psalmist prays like this:[/size][/size][/size]

[size=16][size=10][size=24]Search me.. look into every are of my life, all areas of my life are open to you[/size][/size][/size]

[size=16][size=10][size=24]Try me.. put all my motives to the test, and the tests are your holiness and your word. We are to take into captivity every thought that is against the Lord.[/size][/size][/size]

See if any [size=24]grievous way in in me..look at the whole direction of my life[/size]

Lead me.. a humble cry of the believer, he wants to be lead in the right way

The true believer is completely open and honest with God, he leaves no area of his life closed, because he/she knows that nothing is hid from the Lord.

Lord look into every area of my life, you know my sitting down, you know my rising up. I thank you you know all about me as you created me, you made me wonderfully in my mother's womb.

Again the last word is from Matthew Henry:

[size=24](1.) The way of godliness is an everlasting way; it is everlastingly true and good, pleasing to God and profitable to us, and will end in everlasting life. It is the way of antiquity (so some), the good old way. (2.) All the saints desire to be kept and led in this way, that they may not miss it, turn out of it, nor tire in it.
[/size]

[size=16][size=10][size=24]GOD BLESS YOU[/size][/size][/size]

[size=16][size=10][size=24]kk         [/size][/size][/size]

[size=16][size=10][size=24]PRAYER FOCUS[/size][/size][/size]

[size=16][size=10][size=24]PLEASE PRAY[/size][/size][/size]

[size=16][size=10][size=24]AO BIAO IN CHINA[/size][/size][/size]

[size=16][size=10][size=24]https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/18397/CH
[/size][/size][/size]

[size=16][size=10][size=24]AOKA IN CHINA[/size][/size][/size]

[size=16][size=10][size=24]https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/18398/CH
[/size][/size][/size]

[size=16][size=10][size=24]SOAK IN SCRIPTURE[/size][/size][/size]

[size=16][size=10][size=24]    King Josiah Finding The Book[/size][/size][/size]

[size=16][size=10][size=24][color:ee96=427194][size=9]Jeff Arthur[color:ee96=344556] | The Kings Of Judah Series    [/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=16][size=10][size=24]  https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=6818617450  [/size][/size][/size]

[size=16][size=10][size=24]     The Danger Of Losing The Book[/size][/size][/size]

[size=16][size=10][size=24][color:ee96=427194][size=9]Jeff Arthur[color:ee96=344556] | The Kings Of Judah Series  [/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=16][size=10][size=24] https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=67182257342       [/size][/size][/size]
[/size]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 22 Jun 2022, 5:49 pm

[size=24]PSALM 139[/size]

[size=24]13 
For you formed my inward parts;
    you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.[size=24][a][/size]
Wonderful are your works;
    my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
    intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
    the days that were formed for me,
    when as yet there was none of them.

WHERE DO YOU COME FROM?

That's a question millions of people are asking these days, many think we came from monkey's, many think we evolved but still many more have no idea of their earthly parents.

They don't know who their parents were, they might know one of their parents, but not the other.

You weren't there at the moment of your conception, but God was.

All that time, you were in your mother's womb, he was intricately weaving you into his image. You are fearfully and wonderfully made; you weren't and aren't a mistake. 

These are very comforting words for everyone who feels unloved, who feels unwanted. Some of you maybe came from very unfortunate circumstances, maybe you came from the results of rape or were told, like me that one or more parents didn't want them, well let me tell you this;

GOD WANTS YOU AND LOVES YOU

You are wanted, you are treasured and you were made gloriously as a unique human being. God saw all your days, he created you for a purpose and that purpose was for you to know HIM

God knew you even before you were born, to me that is amazing, it thrills my soul and gives me so much joy and hope.

God bless you

KK

17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
    How vast is the sum of them!
18 If I would count them, they are more than the sand.
    I awake, and I am still with you.

WALKING ON THE BEACH

My home town of Morecambe back in England is by by the sea, it has lots of sand.

The psalmist says here that the thoughts God has towards us are more than the sand of sea, Have you ever tried to count the grains of sand on the sea shore?. That's how many thoughts God has towards you and me.

We cannot imagine this, but we are on God's heart all the time, he is constantly caring and looking out for us, we are loved by Him. You imagine this, the creator of the universe is constantly thinking about you.

These things are precious to the believer, the words of Jeremiah come to mind in chapter 29 of his book:

11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare[size=24][b] and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope
[/size]

Every thought God has is for our good, it is to bless us.

Verse 18 finishes with a note of thankfulness, I awake and am still with you, every morning, our first thought should be, the Lord has given me another day of life, another day to praise and to serve Him

Matthew Henry says:

He acknowledges, with wonder and thankfulness, the care God had taken of him all his days[size=24]. 17, 18. God, who knew him, thought of him, and his thoughts towards him were thoughts of love, thoughts of good, and not of evil, Jer 29 11.
[/size]

[size=24]Constant at all times: "When I awake, every morning, I am still with Thee, under thy eye and care, safe and easy under thy protection." This bespeaks also the continual devout sense David had of the eye of God upon him: When I awake I am with thee, in my thoughts; and it would help to keep us in the fear of the Lord all the day long if, when we awake in the morning, our first thoughts were of him and we did then set him before us.
[/size]

[size=24]GOD BLESS [/size]

[/size]
[size=17][size=24]KEITH[/size][/size]

[size=17][size=24]PRAYERFOCUS[/size][/size]

[size=17][size=24]PLEASE PRAY[/size][/size]

[size=17][size=24]FULANI IN MARUITANIA[/size][/size]

[size=17][size=24]https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/15622/MR
[/size][/size]

CHAM, EASTERN IN VIETNAM

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/11688/VM

[size=17]SOAK IN SCRIPTURE[/size]

[size=17]A Picture Of Salvation

[color:9d26=427194][size=9]Jeff Arthur[color:9d26=344556] | The Kings Of Judah Series
[/size][/size]

[size=17][color:9d26=344556][size=10]https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=69181048321
[/size][/size]

[size=17]The Importance Of Teaching1

[/size]
[size=17][color:9d26=427194][size=9]Jeff Arthur[color:9d26=344556] | The Kings Of Judah Series 
[/size][/size]

[size=17][color:9d26=344556][size=10]https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=61918204504[/size][/size]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 17 Jun 2022, 7:54 pm

[size=14][size=16][size=24]vs 7-12[/size][/size]

Where shall I go from your Spirit?
    Or where shall I flee from your presence?
If I ascend to heaven, you are there!
    If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
If I take the wings of the morning
    and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 even there your hand shall lead me,
    and your right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me,
    and the light about me be night,”
12 even the darkness is not dark to you;
    the night is bright as the day,
    for darkness is as light with you.

NO PLACE TO HIDE

In the bible, there are many people who sought to hide from God, Adam and Eve come to mind.

But this passage reminds me, especially of Jonah, he tried and failed to run from God.

I wonder if Jonah was reciting this psalm as he was in the belly of the whale.

He was after all dwelling in the uttermost parts of the sea, he had literally taken the wings of the morning and surely the darkness was covering him.

I loved the play hide and seek, when I was young, I often thought the place I hid would never be found, but sure enough I was found.

Likewise with Jonah and with us, we cannot hide from God, in the earlier verses we saw, we can't hide any of our thoughts from God, neither can we hide ourselves from God.

If you are hiding from God, don't, he will find you. If you are trying to resist God by running from him.. don't.

Don't run from his call to service and especially don't run from his call to salvation.

Amen

Keith 

vs 6

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
    it is high; I cannot attain it.

ITS ABOVE MY HEAD

We think that we know everything, man thinks he has all the knowledge, when in fact, he knows nothing.

To a believer the verses 1-12, can be summed up in this verse.

All the facts about Gd, it is too much for me to comprehend, to understand. We can and will never get our head around it, but it is a reality, because we know the one, who knows us completely.

Even though it is beyond our understanding, we still trust God, even though we can't see him or understand his ways, that is true faith.

The knowledge of God is above me, it is beyond my comprehension, but I know that I can trust him, although I can't fully understand.

One day, we will see clearly, we will see him face to face, we will not be seeing through a glass darkly.

The knowledge and fear of God truly is the beginning of knowledge.. true knowledge.

God bless you

[/size]
[size=24]KK[/size]

[size=24]PLEASE STAND WITH THESE PEOPLES, IF YOU DON'T WHO WILL?[/size]

[size=24]KOREAN IN NORTH KOREA[/size]

[size=24]https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/12795/KN
[/size]

CAI IN CHINA

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/18426/CH

[size=24]SOAK IN SCRIPTURE[/size]

[size=24]The Sins Of King Jehoram

[color:85a7=427194][size=9]Jeff Arthur[color:85a7=344556] | The Kings Of Judah Series
[/size][/size]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 15 Jun 2022, 10:25 pm

Introduction

[size=24]A PSALM FOR YOU AND ME

This psalm is awesome, I come to it, with a deep sense that what I am going to share, will benefit some people.

This is one of the psalms, that speak deeply to our hearts, I know it speaks deeply to me.

Let me explain why it speaks to me:

I had good parents and two older brothers, about 11 years older than me, I was a late arrival in many ways. My father was desperate for a girl after having two sons, but I came along.

I got the feeling that although I was loved, there was always a little disappointment, indeed in later years, my mother told me, she didn't want another child. 

Although my earthly parents might have had a little disappointment over me, my birth was no mistake, this psalm sets out the comfort and love that God has for us.

So many people feel rejected, maybe you do, rejected by family, there are many people, who have been cold shouldered or called the black sheep of the family by other other family members

You may not know where you were born, you may not know who one or more of your parents were, but God saw all that and the amazing fact is that he loves you, it is for those people that this psalm is written

Let me assure you, that you are not a mistake, God was there at your conception, he knew you before you were born, he knows everything about you and yes although he knows everything about us, and get this..

HE STILL LOVES US

If you have no family, if you are rejected by your family, God says that if you are his:

You are my son or daughter.. you are my child..

Amen

God bless you

Keith

vs 1-5

[size=24]O Lord, you have searched me and known me!
You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
    you discern my thoughts from afar.
You search out my path and my lying down
    and are acquainted with all my ways.
Even before a word is on my tongue,
    behold, O Lord, you know it altogether.
You hem me in, behind and before,
    and lay your hand upon me.[/size]

[size=24]HOW BIG IS GOD?[/size]

Do you wonder how big God is?

He knows everything, he sees everything, he knows every word we speak

We are worried about data protection in our age, are all my details safe?

Well, there is someone who knows all about you, it is God. To me this is a comfort, he knows all about me, he sees everything I do and hears everything I say. Every action of mine is seen by him.

It is also a challenge to me, as we know God is watching us, would we do all the things we do?
Would we see the things we, see?
Would we say the things we say/

The attributes of God are to be studied, because they show us what God is like, he is omnipresent, he is all seeing and he is all knowing.

That works itself out into our daily lives, if God is always watching us, we would live in a different way.

We live in the way we do, because we have no understanding of who GOD really is and his attributes. We think that God is like us and we can get away with it, but he is on a different level entirely. 

Be sure that nothing is hid from Him:

Jc Ryle says this

[size=16][size=24]Do nothing that you would not like God to see. 
Say nothing that you would not like God to hear. 
Write nothing that you would not like God to read.
Go to no place where you would not like God to find you. 
Read no book of which you would not like God to say, "Show it to Me." 
Never spend your time in such a way that you would not like to have God say, "What are you doing?
[/size]

[size=24]Adam and others thought they could hide their sin, remember that God sees, hears and knows everything.[/size]

[size=24]That is a true antidote to sin.[/size]

[size=24]Amen[/size]

[size=24]KK[/size]

[size=24]PRAYER FOCUS [/size]

[size=24]CHINA[/size]

[size=24]ANI[/size]

[size=24]https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/18396/CH
[/size]

[size=24]BIYO[/size]

[size=24]https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/10886/CH
[/size]

[size=24]WORLD[/size]

[/size][/size]
Pashtun, Southern IN AFGHANISTAN

THAKURI IN NEPAL
[size][size]

[size=24][size=14]https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/18261/NP
[/size][/size]

SOAK IN SCRIPTURE

Abijah Relied On God

[color:b445=427194]Jeff Arthur[color:b445=344556] | The Kings Of Judah Series

[color:b445=344556]https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=5241897376

The Danger Of Evil Associations

[color:b445=427194]Jeff Arthur[color:b445=344556] | The Kings Of Judah Series

[color:b445=344556]https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=52918232706

Christ takes the garbage!

[color:b445=427194]C. H. Spurgeon[color:b445=344556] | Puritan Devotional

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=71021450424049

This Book is the most valuable thing the world affords!

[color:b445=427194]J. C. Ryle[color:b445=344556] | Puritan Devotional[/size]

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=81721023265[/size]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 11 Jun 2022, 11:36 pm

Please share my devotions with others

thanks

Keith

[size=24]PSALM 119[/size]

[size=24]103 How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

WHAT CAN YOU TASTE?

My wife tells me that when I cook, I have to taste everything.  As I often say, "how can you tell if food is cooked or not, unless you taste it first?"

Honey is indeed sweet, and the people in the Bible used honey to sweeten a lot of their foods.

Here in this greatest and longest psalm, we have 176 verses that give praise to God for His Word.  In verse 103, he says, “How sweet are thy words to my taste! Yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!"

When we open the Word of God, how does it taste to you?  Does it taste bitter or sweet?

What the psalmist is trying to say here, is that above everything else, the Word of God is sweet to his soul, just like honey is sweet to his taste.

In order for God’s Word to be sweet to us, we must develop our spiritual tastebuds.  Before we came to Christ, we had a taste for the things of this world; as believers, the world should not taste the same.  We have been changed.  We love God’s Word, because we love God.  We long to hear from Him, because we long to know more about Him, and how we can honor Him with our lives. 

In Psalm 19, we have these words in Verses 8-10

8 The precepts of the Lord are right,
    giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the Lord are radiant,
    giving light to the eyes.
9 The fear of the Lord is pure,
    enduring forever.
The decrees of the Lord are firm,
    and all of them are righteous.
10 They are more precious than gold,
    than much pure gold;
they are sweeter than honey,
    than honey from the honeycomb.

How sweet is the Word of God to you?
Is it a true delight in your life?
Is it the sweetest thing in your life?

God bless you
KK

PSALM 119:130

130 The unfolding of your words gives light; it imparts understanding to the simple.

UNFOLDING THE WORD

In this passage, the English Standard Version uses the phrase, "unfolding the word."

When we fold something, it gets smaller, when we unfold something like a sheet or a towel, it gets bigger and we can see the whole pattern of the sheet or towel.

When we unfold or open the sheet of the Word of God, we can see the greater picture; it's light shines in the darkness of our hearts, shedding light on those areas of our lives that please God, and those areas that need to be surrendered to Him.  

MY favourite verse in this psalm is probably verse 105:

Your word is a lamp to my feet
    and a light to my path.

So unfold the word the Word of God; open it up and let it's light shine into your life.

God bless you
[/size]
[size=24]KK[/size]

[size=24]IF YOU DON'T KOW, THEN WHO WILL?[/size]

[size=24]CHINA[/size]

[size=24]HAN CHINESE MANDARIN[/size]

[size=19][size=24]https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/12051/CH
[/size][/size]

[size=24]MING[/size]

[size=19][size=24]https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/18597/CH
[/size][/size]

[size=24]WORLD[/size]

[size=24]KENGA IN CHAD[/size]

[size=19][size=24]https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/12620/CD
[/size][/size]

JAPANESE IN JAPAN

[size=24]https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/12322/JA
[/size]

SOAK IN SCRIPTURE

JUST CLICK ON THE LINKS, SIT BACK AND SOAK IN SCRIPTURE

[size=24]Paul Declares Creation1

[color:0028=427194]Jeff Arthur[color:0028=344556] | Mars Hill Series[/size]

[color:0028=344556][size=24]https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=825131624340
[/size]

Paul Declares The Times

[color:0028=427194][size=24]Jeff Arthur[color:0028=344556] | Mars Hill Series[/size]

[color:0028=344556][size=24]https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=915132137443
[/size]

[size=19]Here is the conclusion of the matter:

[color:0028=427194][size=9][size=24]Thomas Chalmers[color:0028=344556] | Puritan Devotional
[/size][/size][/size]

[size=19][size=24]https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=87112237410
[/size][/size]

[size=24]The Minimum Christian

[color:0028=427194]C. H. Spurgeon[color:0028=344556] | Puritan Devotional[/size]

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=82916187148
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 09 Jun 2022, 12:13 pm

[size=16][size=24]PSALM 78
[/size]

[size=24]56 Yet they tempted and provoked the most high God, and kept not his testimonies:[/size]
[size=24]57 But turned back, and dealt unfaithfully like their fathers: they were turned aside like a deceitful bow.[/size]
[size=24]58 For they provoked him to anger with their high places, and moved him to jealousy with their graven images.[/size]

[size=24]PROVOKING GODS ANGER[/size]
[size=24]This psalm tells the whole story of the Children of Israel from their deliverance from Egypt to the time of the exile.
[/size]

[size=24]In this passage, the story of Gods deliverance of the Children of Israel has a sad and tragic ending.  These verses are some of the saddest in the whole psalm, after all that God has done for them, the Children of Israel provoked God to anger by forsaking Him and serving idols.[/size]

[size=24]Could this story apply to us today?[/size]

[size=24]I have no doubt that form time to time I provoke my loving God to anger, by my sin and rebellion. Sometimes I act like a spoiled brat, just like the children of Israel were acting here.[/size]

[size=24]What are these high places, so often we hear about in the Old Testament?  They are idols that the Children of Israel wouldn't or couldn't tear down; there are many scriptures that refer to how the Children of Israel got rid of their idols, but we read "the high places weren't torn down."[/size]

[size=24]Remember an idol is anything, we place above God, he is right to be angry and jealous, he deserves and demands first place in our lives.  So often we tear down the idols we want to tear down, but we cleave to that precious idol we hold dear.  So what graven images and high places do we have in our lives? Maybe it is your beloved TV or even your computer/mobile phone.[/size]
[size=24]Do you spend more on the latest gadget than you give to the Lord's work?  When the book of our lives is written and read, I pray that it doesn't say these words about us.  [/size]

[size=24]Keith[/size]

[size=24]PSALM 141[/size]

[size=24]5 Let the righteous smite me; it shall be a kindness: and let him reprove me; it shall be an excellent oil, which shall not break my head: for yet my prayer also shall be in their calamities.[/size]

[size=24]ENJOYABLE REPROOF[/size]
[size=24]Of all the things that can happen to you in your Christian life, this is probably the hardest to take and to deal with.  I know it is for me, and it's probably the same for you as well.  We think we are right all the time and sometimes we need to be told that we are wrong, especially by another Christian sister or brother.[/size]
[size=24]Look at the response to the psalmist to reproof; when faced with positive correction,  he saw it as a blessing!  He compared it to oil being poured on his head. He welcomed reproof from his fellow believers and so should we.[/size]
How often is our reaction to reproof, to say, [size=24]'How Dare you'to the person who has reproved us, instead of treating that reproof as a kindness and a blessing.[/size]
[size=24]If I was going the wrong way, I hope someone tells me to stop going the wrong way and turn around...amen. So often we can't see the forest for the trees so to speak and we need someone else to come alongside us and to tenderly share where we are going wrong.[/size]
[size=24]Helen loves to cook and tries to teach me, but I find it hard to be told, that I am doing it wrong.  She is right and I need to swallow my pride and accept the reproof, because If i continued to do it my way, everything would end up burnt. Helen tells me to continually taste food as its being cooked, now that's something I have never done, but I need and do accept that she is right.[/size]
[size=24]These words of Matthew Henry’s Commentary says it all:[/size]
[size=24]"Here, David desires to be told of his faults. His enemies reproached him with that which was false, which he could not but complain of; yet, at the same time, he desired his friends would reprove him for that which was really amiss in him, particularly if there was any thing that gave the least colour to those reproaches (v. 5): let the righteous smite me; it shall be a kindness. [/size]
[size=24]The righteous God (so some); "I will welcome the rebukes of his providence, and be so far from quarrelling with them that I will receive them as tokens of love and improve them as means of grace, and will pray for those that are the instruments of my trouble.'' But it is commonly taken for the reproofs given by righteous men; and it best becomes those that are themselves righteous to reprove the unrighteousness of others, and from them reproof will be best taken. But if the reproof be just, though the reprover be not so, we must make a good use of it and learn obedience by it. We are here taught how to receive the reproofs of the righteous and wise:[/size]
1. We must desire to be reproved for whatever is amiss in us, or is done amiss by us: "Lord, put it into the heart of the righteous to smite me and reprove me. If my own heart does not [size=24]smite me, as it ought, let my friend do it; let me never fall under that dreadful judgment of being let alone in sin.[/size]
2. We must account it as friendship. We must not only bear it patiently, but take it as a kindness; for [size=24]reproofs of instruction are the way of life (Prov. 6:23); means of good to us, to bring us to repentance for the sins we have committed, and to prevent relapses into sin. Though reproofs cut, it is in order to a cure, and therefore they are much more desirable than the kisses of an enemy (Prov. 27:6) or the song of fools, Ecclesiastes 7:5. David blessed God for Abigail's seasonable admonition. (See 1 Sam. 25:32-33) [/size]

[/size]
[size=18][size=24]Keith[/size][/size]

[size=18][size=24]PRAYER FOCUS[/size][/size]

[size=24]CHINA PRAYER FOCUS

PLEASE PRAY FOR THESE PEOPLE GROUPS, IF YOU DON'T WHO WILL?

[size=24]Daur
[/size]

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/18433/CH

ANI

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/18396/CH

WORLD PRAYER FOCUS

PLEASE PRAY FOR THESE PEOPLE GROUPS, IF YOU DON'T WHO WILL?

HAZARA IN AFGHANISTAN

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/12076/AF

ARAB, YEMENI IN YEMEN

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/15198/YM

[size=24]SOAK IN SCRIPTURE[/size][/size]

[size=18][size=24]CLICK ON LINKS[/size][/size]

[size=18]Life of John Bunyan

[color:12fc=427194][size=9][size=24]Rev. Charles R. Biggs[color:12fc=344556] | Pilgrim's Progress
[/size][/size][/size]

[size=18][color:12fc=344556][size=10][size=24]https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=921111218335
[/size][/size][/size]

[size=18]Christian's Spiritual Warfare

[color:12fc=427194][size=9][size=24]Rev. Charles R. Biggs[color:12fc=344556] | Pilgrim's Progress
[/size][/size][/size]

[size=18][color:12fc=344556][size=10][size=24]https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=11911125332
[/size][/size][/size]

[size=18]The Divine Illuminator

[color:12fc=427194][size=9][size=24]James Alexander[color:12fc=344556] | Puritan Devotional
[/size][/size][/size]

[size=18][size=24]https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=614081247405
[/size][/size]

[size=24]My meditation of Him shall be sweet!

[color:12fc=427194]Rev. William Bridge[color:12fc=344556] | Puritan Devotional[/size]

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=816212354535973
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 05 Jun 2022, 4:58 pm

[size=19]If anyone wants to add me on what's app, my number is +8615105172560,as I had to delete and then re-install it.

THE THREE R'S

“Restore us, O God of our salvation, and cause Your anger toward us to cease [forever]. Will You be angry with us forever? Will You prolong Your anger [and disfavour] and spread it out to all generations?  Will You not revive us again, that Your people may rejoice in You?  Show us Your mercy and loving-kindness, O Lord, and grant us Your salvation…Psalm 85:4-7.” 

At school, we had the Three R's: Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic.   Here in this Psalm, we have the heart cry of every believer concerning how we are to pray.   Well, here we have an example. We should pray to be restored, in our relationship with God.

Every time, we sin, we should come quickly to the throne of grace to receive mercy, because we do not want God to be distant for long.  Any Christian misses the unique fellowship, they have with the Father as the Psalmist says in the above passage. He/she prays so that the anger of God against the sin, is taken away.
The Christian prays to be revived.   He/she has a great need and that is to have a fresh and vibrant touch of the Lord. We long to be filled with the power and glory of God. Every Christian longs to be revived.   Do your prayers have a yearning for revival?

Third, the Christian wants to be restored and revived, so that He/she can rejoice. Who does the Christian rejoice in? Do you rejoice in the blessings God gives us...that is good?  But the main thing we need to do is rejoice in God himself.  How much time do you take rejoicing in God?   His glory, his attributes?   Ask for Restoration, ask for Revival, and then you can Rejoice in God.

God Bless You,
Keith

AS FAR AS THE EAST IS FROM THE WEST

“As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us…Psalm 103:12.”
I have lived in the West and now I live in the East.  So, I know the East is from the West and believe me it is a long way.   We are all sinners and have violated and broken God's law as set out primarily in the Ten Commandments. We are under the curse of that law, and held under its power, until we are released from its power by the one who became a curse for us all.   Jesus took the curse of the law, so we could be set free from its power and penalty.    

God has removed that curse as far as the East is from the West, Paul spoke of this in Colossians 2:13-15: “And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all 
trespasses; Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.”

Look at the phrase “blotting out the ordinances of the law, taking them out of the way”. How far out of the way can you get?   Well as far as the East is from the West is the answer.

So next time, the devil who has a very good and long memory for the worst things, reminds you that your sins are bad and that you are a terrible sinner, tell him, yes I am, but that God says, I WILL REMEMBER THEIR SINS NO MORE.   Remind him that you are a blood bought child of the Living God, who stands clothed in the righteousness of his blessed Savior, Jesus.   As a final thought, whilst you’re at it, remind the devil of his future.

God Bless You,
Keith

CHINA PRAYER FOCUS

PLEASE PRAY FOR THESE NEEDY PEOPLE, IF YOU DON'T, THEN WHO WILL?

A-HMAO

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/18388/CH

A CHE

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/18385/CH

WORLD PRAYER FOCUS

AGAIN, A PEOPLE IN GREAT NEED, PLEASE PRAY

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/16187/IN

SOAK IN SCRIPTURE

PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS, BE BLESSED AS YOU LISTEN

The Majesty and Glory of the Faithful King

[color:d805=427194]Andrew Farr[color:d805=344556] | Solomon: Majesty and Glory[/size]

[color:d805=344556]https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=923181639412

A Vision of Hell - A Vision of The Lost - by William Booth

[color:d805=427194]William Booth[color:d805=344556] | Rare Recordings from the Past

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=11908653572

Shall our eyes be dry?

[color:d805=427194]Henry Law[color:d805=344556] | Puritan Prayers
https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=8809927355
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 04 Jun 2022, 9:07 pm

PSALM 66

16 Come and hear, all ye that fear God, and I will declare what he hath done for my soul.

THE CHRISTIAN'S CLARION CALL

Salvation from sin and having a relationship with God is truly the most amazing thing that can happen to anyone. I know that becoming a child of God on 15th, February, 1975 was the defining moment of my life, and I know that becoming a Christian is also the defining moment of many who are reading this devotion.

One of the reasons we are to tell (testify) what God has done for us among his people, is that it encourages them to press on. There is something about hearing how another person came to faith or how another believer is growing in grace. It is amazing to our souls to hear these (Testimonies)things.

We should always seek to encourage our fellow believers, by telling them, what blessings God has given us. We must share how God has opened up his word to us and spoken to us directly.

When was the last time you encouraged people in your church or an individual brother or sister in faith, by telling them, what God has done for your soul?

God has done so much for you.. share what He Has done for you.

Whilst you are about it.. tell the world, what He has done for your soul. Let the world know that Jesus has changed you life.

God bless you

Keith

PSALM 22

24 for he has not despised my cries of deep despair; he has not turned and walked away. When I cried to him, he heard and came.”

HE HEARS BECAUSE HE KNOWS OUR PAIN

This psalm is called the suffering servant psalm. It is probably the greatest prophecy about the death of our beloved Saviour.

Please read it and find all the prophecies about our Saviour.

What a verse we have in verse 24.

Jesus is our high priest.. he is the one who completely understands whatever trial, we are going through. In the book of Hebrews chapter 2 and 4 we have these words:

14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

What Jesus experienced throughout his life, He faced and overcame every single temptation that we will ever face, and through his death and resurrection, he defeated sin and death and its power forever.

Let us go back to our text in Psalm 22, when we cry out to Him, he hears. Believer cry out to God; he will hear you.  Your high priest will not walk away, he will come to you.

He will do this, because he has been through everything you are going through.

What a wonderful assurance this is and should be to us.

Cry out believer.. Jesus hears and understands and he will come to you

God bless you

Keith

CHINA PRAYER FOCUS

PLEASE PRAY, IF YOU DON'T, WHO WILL?

[size=13]Achang

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/10146/CH

Bunu

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/18424/CH

WORLD PRAYER FOCUS

PLEASE PRAY, IF YOU DON'T, WHO WILL?

Banjara Rathod (Hindu traditions)

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/21098/IN

SOAK IN SCRIPTURE

PLEASE LISTEN TO THESE AWESOME MESSAGES

Jesus at a Pharisee's House, Luke 14:1-6

[color:4fad=427194]J. C. Ryle[color:4fad=344556] | Gospel of Luke

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=1019182029264

Holy Shuddering

[color:4fad=427194]C. H. Spurgeon[color:4fad=344556] | Puritan Devotional

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=5292152533096

The Majesty and Glory of the Praying King

[color:4fad=427194]Andrew Farr[color:4fad=344556] | Solomon: Majesty and Glory

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=99181057514
[/size]

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 30 May 2022, 6:31 pm

NOONDAY DEVOTIONS

Pour out your heart before God

PSALM 62

8 Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.

HOW EMPTY IS YOUR HEART?

Yes, I love the psalms.. I hope you do too.

Psalm 62 is such a wonderful psalm and this verse is one of my favourites. It has two wonderful commands.

The first one is just awesome, you know brothers and sisters, we are commanded to trust God at all times.

The second one is wonderful.. and here is my question.. How empty is your heart?.

Have you as a believer poured out your heart before Him? We are often told that God knows everything and yes, he does, and therefore he doesn't need to hear it from us. But the opposite is true, he wants to hear the deepest longings of your heart, he wants to hear from you personally. God doesn't want you to run to other believers or even your pastor, that can be helpful, but he wants you to run to Him first of all.

When was the last time, you spent time just sharing with the Lord on an intimate basis, just you and him? And this doesn't have to be you talking all the time, it means you listening.

You know Jesus wants to take your burden.. he says come unto me and I will give you rest. God needs and loves to hear from you, his desire is the same as in the garden of Eden, fellowship with men and women. Remember he knew Adam and Eve had sinned and yet GOD still wanted fellowship with them. C/f Matthew 11:25-30.

My deepest and blessed times of fellowship with God were when I just shared openly with Him. You know we can pour out every secret to him, because we can trust Him, he is not going to share it with anyone else. He is completely trustworthy.

Empty your heart believer, come to throne of grace and give him all your troubles, all your pain and let Him deal with it.

Have fellowship with Him.. trust him with your heart.. pour it out before Him.

God bless you!

Let God be magnified 

PSALM 70

4 Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: and let such as love thy salvation say continually, Let God be magnified. 

ARE YOU MAGNIFYING GOD?

What a wonderful verse. Amen.

This psalm of David is to bring to remembrance.  

What are we to remember?

We are to remember to seek the Lord

We are told to rejoice in the Lord

We are told to love thy salvation

We are to continually tell everyone about our wonderful God

Are you doing all of the above?

Why are we to do all these things?

Set forth in the last few words of the verse, is the reason.

Let God be magnified.

We are to take a magnifier to the name and the glory of the Lord and to magnify it, to a world that seeks to disregard God. The world seeks to make God smaller, but it is our role to magnify the name and glory of the Lord.

By your life, are you magnifying the Lord or making him smaller? Your life, will either draw people to God or drive them away from Him.

If we do the four things listed above, then we will surely magnify our God.

[size=19][size=15][size=29]CHINA PRAYER FOCUS 
[/size][/size]

[size=29]Please pray for the following groups[/size]

[/size]

[size=30]Ami in China[/size]

[size]
[size=27][size=29]https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/10295/CH
[/size][/size]

[size=27][size=13][size=29]Amdo, Rtahu[/size][/size][/size]

[size=27]https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/18395/CH

[/size]

WORLD PRAYER FOCUS

Please pray for this needy people

[size=29]Pashtun, Southern[/size]

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/14327/AF

SOAK IN SCRIPTURE

Please be blessed by these great messages

Oh, free, rich, glorious grace!

[color:50c5=427194]Anne Dutton[color:50c5=344556] | Puritan Devotional[/size]

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=1123152019287

A Little Book Which Contains Only Three Pages

[color:50c5=427194]William Mason[color:50c5=344556] | Puritan Devotional

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=312081624360

[size=24]True & False Conversion[/size]

[color:50c5=427194][size=24]Ray Comfort
 [/size]

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=517121549270
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 27 May 2022, 12:14 pm

[size=13][size=24]Noonday devotion[/size][/size]

[size=24]5 [size=24]You
 prepare a table before me[/size]
[size=16]    [size=24]in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.[/size][/size]

THE LORD OF HOSTS

[size=16][size=24]This psalm becomes more beautiful as it goes along, Not only is the Lord our Shepherd and our guide, He is our provider.[/size][/size]

[size=16][size=24]He provides us with everything we need, I am reminded of the beautiful verses in Ephesians 1: 3-14, where every spiritual blessing that God has made available to us, is laid out like on a table.[/size][/size]

[size=16][size=24]God not only blesses and provides for us, He does it right in the middle of a doubting and disbelieving world. In the middle of persecution, in the middle of trial, right in front of the enemies' eyes, God lays out His blessings to us.[/size][/size]

[size=16][size=24]He anoints our head, remember David being anointed by Samuel to be king, He anoints us because we are kings and priests in His kingdom, we are God's children, His special possession.[/size][/size]

[size=16][size=24]Our cup overflows and so it should, we have the blessing of God on our lives, we have feasted at the Master's table, this is to remind us that one day, we will sit down at the marriage supper of the Lamb.[/size][/size]

[size=16][size=24]Provision is for now. oh yes, but one day, there will be a time, when we feast WITH our Lord. [/size]He prepares the table for us, He knows exactly what we need, it's glorious to know that our Shepherd, does this for us.[/size]

[size=16][size=24]Let me again finish with words from Matthew Henry:[/size][/size]

(1.) That he had food convenient, a table spread, a cup filled, meat for his hunger, drink for his thirst. (2.) That He had it carefully and readily provided for him. His table was not spread with any thing that came next to hand, but prepared, and prepared before him. (3.) That he was not stinted, was not straitened, but had abundance: "My cup runs over, enough for myself and my friends too.’’

Noonday Devotion

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
    all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord

forever.

THE LORD WELCOMES US HOME

[size=24]We are His sheep, the sheep of His pasture, we have followed Him here on earth, we have seen the goodness and the mercy of God, throughout our daily lives, they have been new every morning Lam 3:22-23 .[/size]

We have this promise, but it is not just for heaven. Because we have the Lord as our Shepherd, His goodness and His mercy, will follow us, or chase after us, all the days of our earthly life. We will DWELL in God's house, not just on earth, but also more gloriously in Heaven, this is the important and precious promise, for all those who can say the Lord is my Shepherd. 

If you can say the first line of the psalm with confidence, then you can undoubtedly say the last line of the psalm with a powerful and unshakeable confidence. One day, we will see our Saviour, we will be with Him for eternity, we will dwell in the house of the Lord, forever and we will say:

Glory and honour and power belong to the Shepherd and Redeemer of our Souls.

Let me leave the last words, again with Matthew Henry:

[size=24]it shall be new every morning ([size=24]Lam. 3:22,Lam. 3:23 ) like the manna that was given to the Israelites daily. (5.) The certainty of it: [/size]Surely it shall. It is as sure as the promise of the God of truth can make it; and we know Whom we have believed. (6.) Here is a prospect of the perfection of bliss in the future state. So, some take the latter clause: "Goodness and mercy having followed me all the days of my life on this earth, when that is ended, I shall remove to a better world, to dwell in the house of the Lord for ever, in our Father’s house above, where there are many mansions. With what I have I am pleased much; with what I hope for I am pleased more.’’ All this, and heaven too! Then we serve a good Master.[/size]

[size=24]HalleluYah, what a Saviour ![/size][/size]
[size=10][size=24]KK[/size][/size]

[size=10][size=24]CHINA PRAYER FOCUS[/size][/size]

[size=10][size=24]Please pray for these needy people groups, if you don't, then who will?[/size][/size]

[size=10][size=24][size=13][size=24]A'ou
[/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=10][size=24]https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/18399/CH
[/size][/size]

[size=10][size=13][size=24]Adi
[/size][/size][/size]

[size=10][size=24]https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/18386/CH
[/size][/size]

WORLD PRAYER FOCUS

Please pray for this needy people group, if you don't, then who will?

BASQUE IN SPAIN

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/10709/SP

SOAK IN SCRIPTURE

Amusements, Pleasures, and Gaieties of the World

[color:8043=427194]John Abbott[color:8043=344556] | Puritan Devotional

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=416081339190

[size=24]They are new every morning!

[color:8043=427194]James Buchanan[color:8043=344556] | Puritan Devotional[/size]

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=111616164476

[size=24]Sanballat and Tobiah

[color:8043=427194]Phil Johnson[color:8043=344556] | The Bad Boys of the Bible[/size]

[color:8043=344556][size=24]https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=99101715312[/size]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 25 May 2022, 5:54 pm

[size=19][size=27]Welcome to NOONDAY DEVOTION[/size][/size]

[size=19][size=27]Please be blessed as you;
[/size]

[size=27]Read the devotions[/size]
[size=27]Pray for the people groups[/size]
[size=27]Listen to the sermons[/size]

If you have enjoyed the devotions, please share them

[/size]
[size=27]If you would like to receive the devotions and you don't already receive them, please email me at keitherichobkirk@hotmail.com[/size]

[size=27]NOONDAY DEVOTIONS[/size]

VS 2-3
[size=16][size=27]He makes me lie down in green pastures.

He leads me beside still waters.[size=27][a][/size]
  He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness[size=27][b][/size]
    for his name's sake.

THE SHEPHERD'S LEADING

We have seen that the Lord is my shepherd and that he is our provider.. Now let's look in more detail at what he provides and how he leads.

Please note the key word here, it is HE。 Not only is HE the Lord, but he is the leader.

A shepherd seeks to give his sheep certain things;

Food; all of us need food to survive, sheep like grass, so the pasture that the shepherd finds for them, is called green pasture, it conjures up the image of a lush green pasture filled with lots of grass for the sheep. Likewise, the Lord leads us to a place that is filled with all good things for us, he is an expert at leading us to the right place.

Water; All of us get thirsty, we need water. The shepherd seeks a place where there is water, and not just any water. These are still waters and this speaks of a place of security. 

Rest; We all need to rest, sheep are always on the move, so the shepherd seeks a place of rest for his sheep, likewise the great shepherd of his sheep, seeks and finds a place, where his sheep can be revived and can rest.

The Right Path; The shepherd leads his sheep on the right path, he does not and will not lead them into danger and likewise, our shepherd, will not and cannot lead us into danger. He knows the best way to go and he leads his sheep on the right path.

Why can we trust him to lead us?

For his name's sake, because God is who God is. He is faithful, true to his sheep.

We were sheep without a shepherd, but now we are in the care of the great shepherd.

Trust Him to lead you

He is willing and eager to lead you.

God bless you

[/size]

[size=27]KK[/size]

Psalm 23
[size=15][size=19][size=27]4 
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    [size=27]I will fear no evil,
for You are with me;
    Your rod and Your staff,
    they comfort me.[/size]

[size=27]The Loving Shepherd[/size]

[size=27]The Lord is my shepherd is a truth that applies to God's people in every situation. We face every enemy in the knowledge that God is with us and stands by our side. [/size]

[size=27]The greatest fear of anyone is death, fear of this fact grips millions of people, they seek remedies to prolong life, to avoid the fact that one day, they will die. Many will die alone, but not the believer, he/she does not fear this evil. [/size]

Why because the One who is guiding him/her, is the very one who has conquered death and the grave, Jesus Himself.

Matthew Henry says this:

[1.] It is but the shadow of death; there is no substantial evil in it; the shadow of a serpent will not sting nor the shadow of a sword kill. [2.] It is the valley of the shadow, deep indeed, and dark, and dirty; but the valleys are fruitful, and so is death itself fruitful of comforts to God’s people. [3.] It is but a walk in this valley, a gentle pleasant walk. The wicked are chased out of the world, and their souls are required; but the saints take a walk to another world as cheerfully as they take their leave of this. [4.] It is a walk through it; they shall not be lost in this valley, but get safely to the mountain of spices on the other side of it.

We know that our Saviour will guide us by His rod and His staff, He will guide us through many dark valleys, even the darkest one of death. We can fully trust our Shepherd; He has been through the valley before us

Again, Matthew Henry states:

The good Shepherd will not only conduct, but convoy (protect) His sheep through the valley, where they are in danger of being set upon by the beasts of prey, the ravening wolves; He will not only convoy (protect) them, but comfort them when they most need comfort. His presence shall comfort them: Thou art with me. His word and Spirit shall comfort them—His rod and staff, alluding to (suggestion of) the shepherd’s crook, or the rod under which the sheep passed when they were counted (Lev. 27:32 ), or the staff with which the shepherds drove away the dogs that would scatter or worry the sheep. 

The Precious word of God, which contains all the promises of God and the Blessed Holy Spirit, will be and is our comfort. They are our assurance, we are sealed by the Spirit, we are HIS. Jesus assures us that none of His true sheep will be lost, Paul states that nothing can separate us from the Love of Christ.

Nothing will take you true believer from out of the Father's hand, not death, not tribulation. Nothing can separate you from Jesus.[/size][/size]

[/size]
CHINA PRAYER FOCUS [/size]

[size=27]Please pray for the following groups[/size]

[size=27][size=13][size=27]Amdo, Rongmahbrogpa
[/size]
[/size][/size]

[size=27]https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/18394/CH
[/size]

[size=13][size=27]Amdo, Rtahu
[/size][/size]

WORLD PRAYER FOCUS

[size=27]Fulani, Nigerian[/size]

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/10949/NI

SOAK IN SCRIPTURE

Please be blessed by these great messages

[size=27]God's Banqueting House

[color:9f2c=427194]John MacDuff[color:9f2c=344556] | The Night Watches[/size]

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=103018051196

[size=27]Supremely precious

[color:9f2c=427194]John Fawcett[color:9f2c=344556] | Puritan Devotional[/size]

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=8130821144310

[size=27]Biblical Evangelism

[color:9f2c=427194]Mike Gendron[color:9f2c=344556] | Evangelism[/size]

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=82321201120775
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 23 May 2022, 7:58 pm

[size=27]Welcome to NOONDAY DEVOTION[/size]

[size=27]Please be blessed as you;[/size]

[size=27]Read the devotions[/size]
[size=27]Pray for the people groups[/size]
[size=27]Listen to the sermons[/size]

If you have enjoyed the devotions, please share them

If you would like to receive the devotions and you don't already receive them, please email me at keitherichobkirk@hotmail.com

NOONDAY DEVOTIONS

[size=27]Psalm 23;1 The Lord is my shepherd.[/size]

[size=27]MY SHEPHERD

This is probably the best-known psalm of all the wonderful 150, people can often quote this verse by verse.

We are going to see how the first words, play out in practice.

The author, well who better than a shepherd, David knew about being a shepherd and the Holy Spirit used his experience to write these inspired and blessed verses. 

He starts out with this statement, the Lord is my shepherd, he was an expert in shepherding sheep, but here he was acknowledging that is the Lord who was His shepherd.

Everything flows from our relationship with the shepherd, he provides for us, he protects us and gives us all blessings.

But it starts, with this question; Is he your shepherd?

The whole thrust of this psalm, is the relationship between the shepherd and his sheep, it is an intimate and personal one. Have you an intimate and personal relationship with the Lord and are able to call him.. my shepherd.

God bless you

Keith

1.The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want

NEEDING NOTHING BUT THE LORD

In the first devotion of this series, we saw how personal, the Lord was. He was my shepherd.

Being a shepherd was a lonely business sometimes, David had to look after the sheep on his own, there must have been times that he ran out of food for himself, but he like us, knows that the Lord and him alone is his provider.

When we know the Lord is our shepherd, we will never be in want, because our Father knows what we need, even before we ask Him.. amen.

When we ask him, he will give us the right thing at just the right time. I have seen God provide, so many times during my time in China. He brings students to the class, the right students, the right number at the right time.

We can trust God, because he is our shepherd, the sheep have complete trust of their shepherd, if we do the same, we will be able to say:

I shall not want or I shall never lack any good thing.

Amen.

God alone is our Jehovah Jireh.. our provider, not the church or your friends, although he uses these two avenues.

God provides everything for his sheep. Praise his holy name.

God bless you

Keith

CHINA PRAYER FOCUS

Please pray for the following peoples of China, if you don't then who will?

[size=27]Amdo, Hbrogpa
[/size]

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/18392/CH

Amdo, Rongba

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/18393/CH

WORLD PRAYER FOCUS

Bihar in India

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/16405/IN

SOAK IN SCRIPTURE

Short but dynamic sermons, that will inspire and challenge you

Over-indulgence of fond and foolish parents!

[color:e97a=427194][size=9][size=27]John Angell James
[color:e97a=344556] | Puritan Devotional
[/size][/size]

[size=27]https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=1124091147566
[/size]

The Word of God

[color:e97a=427194][size=27]John MacDuff[color:e97a=344556] | The Night Watches
[/size]

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=125171911179

[size=27]Leah - A Gospel Story

[color:e97a=427194]Sam E. Waldron [/size]

[color:e97a=344556][size=27]https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=51522234221505[/size]
[/size]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 20 May 2022, 9:09 pm

Keith

I hope you enjoy the devotions

Please share them in the following ways:

Send to ten friends
Place on your social media profile and groups
Share with your church members

Please listen to the sermons in soak in scripture, they are wonderful. This is a series, please take time to click the links. Please also pray for the Chinese people groups, please take time to click the links, if you won't or don't pray, then who will?

NOONDAY DEVOTIONS

ACTS

CH 1

15 In those days Peter stood up among the brothers (the company of persons was in all about 120) and said,16 “Brothers, the Scripture had to be fulfilled, which the Holy Spirit spoke beforehand by the mouth of David concerning Judas, who became a guide to those who arrested Jesus.17 For he was numbered among us and was allotted his share in this ministry.” 18 (Now this man acquired a field with the reward of his wickedness, and falling headlong[d] he burst open in the middle and all his bowels gushed out. 19 And it became known to all the inhabitants of Jerusalem, so that the field was called in their own language Akeldama, that is, Field of Blood.) 20 “For it is written in the Book of Psalms,

“‘May his camp become desolate,
    and let there be no one to dwell in it’;

and

“‘Let another take his office.’

EVERY SCRIPTURE FULFILLED

Judas was dead, now there were only 11 apostles, someone had to be ordained into apostleship.

The words of Peter in verse 16 strike home, every scripture was fulfilled,

Likewise, every scripture concerning Christ's first coming was fulfilled, every single word spoken about Christ in the OT was completely fulfilled by his coming.. how amazing is that.

Every single prophecy about his second coming will also be fulfilled, and there are many.

What does that do for us:

It gives us great assurance; we can trust God's word. What God says he will do. His word is completely truthful.

So, we can share it, knowing that what we speak is the truth.  When we share the gospel, we know that we can point to actual fulfilled prophecies.
God's word is perfect, it has no mistakes, no errors, it is our sword, it is our weapon to destroy the lies of the enemy. It is a tried and trusted sword, that millions have used down through the ages to destroy falsehood.

William Tyndale said ' The Scriptures sprang out of God.
Every word is true, every prophecy has or will come true.
So Christian, trust God's word, use it to share the gospel and to defeat the devil like Jesus did in Matthew 4:1-11

God bless you
KK

CHAPTER 1

21 So one of the men who have accompanied us during all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us,22 beginning from the baptism of John until the day when he was taken up from us—one of these men must become with us a witness to his resurrection.” 23 And they put forward two, Joseph called Barsabbas, who was also called Justus, and Matthias. 24 And they prayed and said, “You, Lord, who know the hearts of all, show which one of these two you have chosen 25 to take the place in this ministry and apostleship from which Judas turned aside to go to his own place.”26 And they cast lots for them, and the lot fell on Matthias, and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.

BEING A WITNESS FOR JESUS

a witness to his resurrection

These five words surely sum up what the book of Acts is all about. 

These few men, they were not many, but they shook the known world, because they were witnesses to the resurrection. They saw and believed.

Jesus said blessed are those who do not see in person, but still believe, that's us.

We weren't there to witness the resurrection of Jesus, but we know it as a fact.

Why do we know it?

Because He is real to us, the Holy spirit reveals these things to us, Christ is real to us, He is precious to us

So, we testify of the truth that Jesus has not only died, but that he has risen again.

What happened when Jesus rose from the dead is the news that the world needs, he defeated death and sin.

The cross and the empty tomb are the tools God uses to transform the world.

Let us be witnesses of the resurrection of our precious Saviour.

Tell the world, that Jesus is alive.

Are you being a witness to the resurrection?

God bless you

Keith

CHINA PRAYER FOCUS

PLEASE STAND IN THE GAP FOR THESE NEEDY PEOPLES, PLEASE GIVE A FEW MINUTES OF YOUR TIME TO PRAY FOR THEM, AGAIN IF YOU DON'T, WHO WILL?
Amdo, Hbrogpa

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/18392/CH

Amdo, Rongba

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/18393/CH

A CHE

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/18385/CH

SOAK IN SCRIPTURE

Please listen to this six-sermon series.. it is really good. Is your church, one that loves outreach?
Listen to this series, please click the linkhttps://www.sermonaudio.com/search.asp?IVEsortby=oldest&keyword=A+Church+that+Loves+Outreach&keywordDesc=A+Church+that+Loves+Outreach&SeriesOnly=true&SourceID=gracealto&AudioOnly=false
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 19 May 2022, 5:08 pm

Maybe you don't know any Chinese believers, but I am asking that you place the following request on your fb page or send to your contact list

Dear Friend

I am a British believer who lives in Nanjing China, I serve God alongside my Chinese wife, she is church leader. I have a ministering of writing devotions, and am seeking to translate these devotions into Chinese. These believers need to be English speaking and have knowledge of Bible. Please share on your fb page and with all your contacts, if you can share with Chinese churches that would be wonderful. Please prayerfully consider my request and if you with to receive my devotions or help translate contact me at keitherichobkirk@hotmail.com

Below is an illustration of an English Devotion, translated into Chinese, the devotion is not mine

Thanks so much

Keith

Coffee Break 

"The Storm Is In The Book"
"圣经中的风暴”

"And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen".  John 21:25
[size=13]”耶稣所行的事还有许多;若是一一的都写出来,我想,所写的书,就是世界也容不下了。阿们。“约翰福音21:25

There were so many things that Jesus did while He was on earth that if they were all written down there are not enough books to contain them.  The Bible says of itself that it was written by holy men of God as they were inspired by the Holy Spirit.  That means that the Lord made sure that the things we really needed to know where written down for us in the Bible-- since it was too much to write everything.  
耶稣在世所行的事很多,所有的书都不足以记载。如圣经所说,它是由被神拣选之人受到圣灵启示而写就的。这就是说,主确保我们真正需要知道的都记在圣经中了--因为不可能记载所有的。
One account that He made sure that was in there was the account of the disciples in a boat on the sea when the storm came up and threatened to destroy them.  You know the story I am talking about.  Jesus was in the back of the ship asleep and they woke Him up to save them from drowning. 
主所确保的其中一个记载是这样的,书中记载门徒驾船在海上行驶,暴风雨袭来,他们有丧命的危险。你应该知道我所说的这个故事。耶稣当时在船尾睡觉,门徒把他唤醒,求主拯救以免他们被淹没。

I, for one, am so thankful that the Lord placed that account in the Bible because it gives me hope, comfort, peace, faith and reassurance when I am going through a personal storm.  We all face storms of some sort, no matter who we are.  Some storms are physical, financial, emotional, mental, in our relationships, and so on.  This story lets me know that when I face storms, I am not alone.  Jesus is with me.  It lets me know that He can take care of the storms.  It lets me know that He has power and authority over the storms that rage.  It lets me know that He can speak peace to my storm and it has to cease.  It lets me know He cares about me, and will take care of me.  This is why I said I was thankful-- thankful it was written in the Bible so that I could be encouraged by it.  
我非常感恩主将此事记述在圣经,当我经历生命的风暴时,我得以希望、安慰、平安、信心和安心。无论是谁,我们都在经历不同形式的风暴,身体的、财务的、情感的、心理的、人际关系的,诸如此类。这个故事告诉我,我不是独自一人面对风暴,耶稣和我在一起,耶稣可以对付暴风雨,他的能力和权柄超越肆虐的风暴,他说风浪平息,风浪就平息了。这个故事让我知道,耶稣在乎我,他会照看我。所以我感恩,感恩这件事记录在圣经中使我得鼓励。

Have a great day.  Whatever storm you are going through, God made sure we would know that He is greater and in control of the storm you are facing.
祝福你,无论面临怎样的风暴,神让我们知道他大过风暴,神掌控你所面临的风暴。

Scripture references:  Mark 4; 2 Timothy 3:16
参考经文: 马可福音 4章;提摩太后书3:16.
[/size]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 17 May 2022, 8:24 pm

[size=24][b][size=16][b][size=19][size=24]Welcome to Noonday Devotions[/size][/size][/b][/b][/size]

[b][b]Please share them in the following ways:[/b][/b]

[b][b]Send to ten friends[/b][/b]
[b][b]Place on your social media profile and groups[/b][/b]

[b][b]Please listen to the sermons in soak in scripture, they are wonderful.[/b][/b]

[b][b]Please share these devotions, I want them to reach as many as possible, if you are reading them for the first time and wish to subscribe , just send me an email at keitherichobkirk@hotmail.com[/b][/b]

[/size]
PSALM 32 VS 5-7

I acknowledged my sin to you,
    and I did not cover my iniquity;
I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the [size=24]Lord
,”
    and you forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah[/size]

6 Therefore let everyone who is godly
    offer prayer to you at a time when you may be found;
surely in the rush of great waters,
    they shall not reach him.
7 You are a hiding place for me;
    you preserve me from trouble;
    you surround me with shouts of deliverance. Selah

COME, CONFESS- DON'T COVER

We saw in verses 3-4, the pain that unconfessed sin causes the believer, his whole body is in agony, his/her spiritual life is in a mess.

To be in fellowship with God, we need to do certain things, we need to remember that first of all, when we fall, we have an advocate with the father 1 John 2;1-2.

We need to remember that we need to yield our members to Christ, so that sin becomes less and less in us. Romans chs 6-8

To acknowledge our sin, means to have the same attitude to sin that God has, sin is absolutely disgusting to God, it is us saying, yes, I have failed and now I think of sin as disgusting, it becomes an affront to me.

Acknowledging our sin, means coming to terms with ourselves and humbling ourselves, it means getting rid of all our pride and arrogance.

In Chapter 1 of the Book of 1 John, we are given a great treatise of sin and how to deal with it, covering sin, means we are not living in the light, but acknowledgement and confession means we are living in the light. In chapter 1 verse 9, we are given a great promise, but also a great command.

We need to come to the cross and confess, we don't have to be afraid, look at Adam and Eve in the garden, they hid themselves, letting sin go unconfessed leads to further trouble, one little sin leads to bigger sins and soon it is out of control.

We can come and confess, because God is a hiding place for us, he is our Father .. amen.

The invitation is there, God is your hiding place, don't hide your sin, go to the Father and make him your hiding place.

There is forgiveness, if you have fallen and let me tell you, you will.

Come and confess.. don't cover your sin and iniquity.

God bless you

KK

PSALM 32 VS 8-11

[size=16][size=16][b][size=24]8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
    I will counsel you with my eye upon you.
9 Be not like a horse or a mule, without understanding,
    which must be curbed with bit and bridle,
    or it will not stay near you.
[/size][/size][/b][/size]

[size=16][b][i][size=24]10 Many are the sorrows of the wicked,
    but steadfast love surrounds the one who trusts in the Lord.
11 Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice, O righteous,
    and shout for joy, all you upright in heart!
[/size][/i][/b][/size]

JOYLESS OR JOYFUL
[size]

[size=16][size=16][size=24]A person who is forgiven is the happiest man on the planet, pure joy fills his/her heart.[/size][/size][/size]

[size=24]Look at what they are able to do, they are able to instruct others, we are able to relate our experiences to others, we can share the joy of being forgiven with others, it is truly something we can share.. amen[/size]

[size=16][size=16][size=24]We who are forgiven and upright in heart, can be glad, we can shout for joy. We can praise the God who alone gives us forgiveness, this is the greatest feeling in the world to be forgiven, the psalmist just shouts it out.[/size][/size][/size]

[size=16][size=16][size=24]Are you glad you have forgiven?[/size][/size][/size]

[/size]
[size=16][size=16][b][size=24]If you looked at many Christians, you wouldn't realise it, they are so sad, not like the psalmist in verse 11, they are not glad in the Lord and shouting for joy.[/size][/size][/b][/size]
[size]

[size=16][size=16][size=24]Are you glad in the Lord and shouting for joy because you have been forgiven?[/size][/size][/size]

[size=16][size=16][size=24]Are you instructing others, because you have been forgiven?[/size][/size][/size]
[size=24]Why do you think people are so sorrowful today?[/size]

[/size]
[size=16][size=16][b][size=24]Because they have no forgiveness, people crave forgiveness, this is man's greatest need, he has sin like a ball and chain round his foot.[/size][/size][/b][/size]
[size]

[size=16][size=16][size=24]We have the words of eternal life, what are you doing with them?[/size][/size][/size]

[/size]
[size=16][size=16][b][size=24]Believer, you have forgiveness, shout it out, be glad, tell the world that the steadfast love of the Lord surrounds those who trust in Him.[/size][/size][/b][/size]
[size]
[size=24]。[/size]

[size=16][size=16][size=24]The joy of forgiveness is amazing, if you know it, it's time to SHOUT AND SHARE IT, to a needy and hurting world.[/size][/size][/size]

[size=16][size=16][size=24]GOD BLESS YOU[/size][/size][/size]

[size=24]KK[/size]

[size=24]CHINA PRAYER FOCUS[/size]

[size=24]PLEASE PRAY FOR THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE GROUPS, PLEASE TAKE FIVE MINUTES TO PRAY, IF YOU WON'T WHO WILL?[/size]

[size=24]ALING[/size]

[size=24]https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/18390/CH
[/size]

[size=24]ALU[/size]

[size=24]https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/18886/CH
[/size]

ALUO[/size]

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/18391/CH

SOAK IN SCRIPTURE

THESE ARE GREAT SERMONS, THEY HAVE BLESSED ME SO MUCH

Free from the Bond of Bitterness

[color:6c91=427194][size=9][size=24]Roland Hammett
[color:6c91=344556] | Getting a Grip on Your Emotion
[/size][/size]

[color:6c91=344556][size=10][size=24]https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=9992817934270
[/size][/size]

Conquering Confusion

[color:6c91=427194][size=9][size=24]Roland Hammett
[color:6c91=344556] | Getting a Grip on Your Emotion[/size][/size]

[color:6c91=344556][size=10][size=24]https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=99101217821280
[/size][/size]

[size=24]Helping Others Get a Grip on Their Emotions

[color:6c91=427194]Roland Hammett[color:6c91=344556] | Getting a Grip on Your Emotion
[/size]

[color:6c91=344556][size=24]https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=99101917858190
[/size]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 13 May 2022, 3:44 pm

[size=15][size=16][size=19][size=24]Welcome to Noonday Devotions
[/size][/size]

Send to ten friends

Please listen to the sermons in soak in scripture, they are wonderful.

Please share these devotions, I want them to reach as many as possible, if you are reading them for the first time and wish to subscribe , just send me an email at keitherichobkirk@hotmail.com

[/size]

PSALM 32

VERSES 1-2

Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven,whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man against whom the Lord counts no iniquity, and in whose spirit, there is no deceit.

WHO IS TRULY BLESSED?

We ask who is truly happy and blessed.

We have many motivational speakers who seek to make people happier, religions that seek to make people happy or blessed. but it is only in the bible and in the person of Jesus Christ, that men and women be truly blessed and find the deepest happiness.

Man has a deep and ongoing problem and that is sin, it taints him, taunts him and has torn him away from God. Sin is a disease that is worse than Covid, as everybody has this disease and the result of sin is death and separation from God. Through Jesus we can find forgiveness, through his precious blood and his sacrifice on the cross. Amen. The bible has three words here doing wrong; sin, transgression and iniquity, here they are dealt with.

When God dealt with sin, he dealt with it completely, the cross of Christ, dealt with all three aspects detailed here.

Transgression is individual sin, each and every individual sin we have ever committed is forgiven, when God saves us, he forgives all of sin, how glorious and wonderful is that.

Our sin, which means missing the mark has been covered, Paul quotes this in Romans 4;7. What is that covering? It is the precious blood of Christ. In the Old testament, the covering was the sacrificial system, but now there is a better covering and covenant Psalm85;2. We now have the righteousness of Christ credited to our account 2 Cor 5;17-21

Iniquity means a sinful lifestyle, but God remembers that no more, our past to God is completely forgiven and forgotten. Look at Psalm 103, what God does is incredible. Please read this Psalm, it shows that God deals completely with Sin.. all of it.

So, we are forgiven, what happens? We live a life that is pleasing to God, a life that is empty of deceit. A person forgiven lives a life that is free of deceit.

Forgiveness from God frees us from the twin power of Sin, it breaks these bonds and allows us to live in a way that is pleasing to God.

Have you been forgiven?, if you have, then you are truly blessed.

If you are reading this and haven't been forgiven, then there is mercy and grace waiting for you.Come to the cross, the only place where sin can be washed away.

God bless you

kk

[size=24]PSALM 32[/size]

[size=24]3 When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long.

For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah.

WHEN SILENCE IS NOT GOLDEN

There was a song many years ago, that was called Silence is golden, and indeed it is good that we keep quiet sometimes.

Being silent, when it comes to confessing sin is not golden though, for several reasons.
First of all, we can't hide things from God, he sees absolutely everything. Sometimes I do something and then the next time I read my bible, here is a verse or passage that puts its finger right on the point of my sin and the holy spirit convicts me and then I confess it and can be restored to full happiness and relationship with God.

We need to realise that to live in sin is to live in complete misery, Christians who live in sin and are trapped in unforgiveness are probably the most miserable people on earth, look at the state of David in verses 3-4, he was an emotional and physical wreck, he was roaring, he was totally out of control and worst of all the hand of the lord was heavy upon him.

If I have unconfessed sin in my life, then I am almost impossible to be around, until I come in repentance to the foot of the cross and humble myself under Gods mighty hand and confess it. Please read 1 John 1;1-2;2

The joy of true communion with God is matchless, Christian, don't throw it away because you are stubborn and refuse to come to the throne of grace and seek forgiveness, there is a place of plenteous mercy ready and waiting for you.

Please read the rest of the Psalm and also psalm 51

Be like the man in verses 1-2, who is blessed because his sin is forgiven, but remember to be forgiven,  you have to come and confess and then you can be clean.

God bless you

[/size]
[size=24]KK[/size]

[size=24]CHINA PRAYER FOCUS[/size]

[size=24]AINU[/size]

[size=19][size=24]https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/10522/CH
[/size][/size]

AKEU

[size=24]https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/18899/CH
[/size]

AKTO TURKMEN

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/18389/CH

SOAK IN SCRIPTURE

[/size]
[size=24]Surviving Stress     [color:420c=427194][size=24]Roland Hammett[color:420c=344556] | Getting a Grip on Your Emotion[/size][/size]

[color:420c=344556][size=10][size=24]https://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=9982417916400
[/size][/size]

[size=24]Shunning Arrogance & Pride

[color:420c=427194][size=24]Roland Hammett[color:420c=344556] | Getting a Grip on Your Emotion[/size][/size]

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=999817829200

[size=24]Dealing with Desires

[color:420c=427194]Roland Hammett[color:420c=344556] | Getting a Grip on Your Emotion[/size]

[color:420c=344556][size=24]https://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=9991417923100
[/size]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 11 May 2022, 6:13 pm

[size=19][size=24]Welcome to Noonday Devotions[/size]

Send to ten friends

Please listen to the sermons in soak in scripture, they are wonderful. Also, you have the opportunity of praying for some of the most un-reached people in Chine, please take this precious opportunity, take time to pray.

Please share these devotions, I want them to reach as many as possible, if you are reading them for the first time and wish to subscribe , just send me an email at keitherichobkirk@hotmail.com

NOONDAY DEVOTIONS
[/size]

DO YOU GET IT?

“But the natural, nonspiritual man does not accept or welcome or admit into his heart the gifts and teachings and revelations of the Spirit of God, for they are folly (meaningless nonsense) to him; and he is incapable of knowing them [of progressively recognizing, understanding, and becoming better acquainted with them] because they are spiritually discerned and estimated and appreciated…1 Corinthians 2:14.” 

As Christians, we are privileged to share the gospel with our friends and family.  And we put up all the right reasons to believe, but they remain unconvinced. Here in this verse is the reason; the things of the gospel are totally beyond human reasoning to understand.

Do you remember Paul in Athens?   They thought he was mad for talking about the resurrection. These were some of the most learned men on the planet and still they didn't get it.   

They couldn't get the resurrection of Jesus.  Before we were saved, did we get it?   I went to church for many years as a child and sang, “THERE IS A GREEN HILL FAR AWAY” but I didn't understand that Jesus died personally for my sin. No, it was nonsense.

I read the Bible.  Did I understand it?  It was like reading the telephone directory. It meant nothing to me.   But it does now because my eyes have been supernaturally opened by the Holy Spirit.  The miracle of conversion is only done, when the Holy Spirit opens the eyes of the person concerned.   For me, it was like a curtain coming up and a bright light being turned on.

Every one of you, which have had their eyes opened; it is the greatest miracle ever. Our job is to witness and to share our testimony and then let God open their eyes, through the supernatural operation of conversion by the Holy Spirit.

We sometimes get frustrated when our friends/families/workmates don't understand the gospel, the problem is that we don't get it, that salvation isn't down to us, it's a supernatural work of God spirit.

Remember that once you didn't GET IT.   Pray that people would get it.

God Bless you, Keith

2 TIMOTHY 1

3 I thank God, whom I serve from my forefathers with pure conscience, that without ceasing I have remembrance of thee in my prayer's night and day;

4 Greatly desiring to see thee, being mindful of thy tears, that I may be filled with joy;

5 When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also.

6 Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.

A FATHER SPEAKS TO HIS SPIRITUAL SON

Paul was a spiritual father to the many churches he founded and encouraged, but his spiritual son, was Timothy. The two epistles sent to Timothy are manuals from an old pastor to the one he is handing his ministry to. It is Paul last will and testament; it is Paul's parting gift to his spiritual son.

We see some things about Paul and about Timothy

Paul prayed constantly for Timothy, he remembered him in his prayers. Do we have someone close to us, who we have helped in their faith? We should constantly be remembering them before the throne of grace. Verse 3

Paul's deep desire was to see Timothy. (Verse 4) Timothy was crying because he knows what was going to happen to Paul, Paul just had to see his protégé one last time. This shows us the deep love between believers. We don't know how far Timothy was from Rome, but he did everything to go to Paul. This is the depth of Christian love.

Timothy's faith was real. He was instructed in the scriptures from his earliest days. See chapter 3. Paul gives thanks for the faith that dwells in Timothy. You know every other born again believer has this glory living in them. Do you give thanks for that?

What a wonderful encouragement to Mothers and grandmothers Timothy is.. amen.

Paul looked finally back to the past, he had laid hands on Timothy and now he was asking him to stir up that gift. Virtually to use it. Timothy was a slightly shy character who had to be pushed a little and Paul encouraged Timothy to use his gift.

How are you encouraging your fellow believers to stir up the gift that God has given them?

Maybe you are a Paul, an old minister, if you are. Have you a Timothy, who you are training to serve God? Look for the Timothys in your church and train them up.

Maybe you are a Timothy, seek out an older Christian, one you can look up to.

Pray for each other, encourage each other and stir up God's gift in each other.

God bless you

Keith

CHINA PRAYER FOCUS

ADI

ADU

AKHA

AI-CHAM

SOAK IN SCRIPTURE.. I FOUND ALL THESE SERMONS VERY HELPFUL..PLEASE CLICK, LISTEN AND SHARE

Fill your heart and mind with God's words

[size=24]Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God[/size]    [color:68f7=427194][size=9][size=24][b]Jonathan Edwards[color:68f7=344556] | As read by: David Bruce Sonner[/size]
[/b][/size]

[size=12][size=24]Avoiding Anger    [color:68f7=427194][size=24][b]Roland Hammett[color:68f7=344556] | Getting a Grip on Your Emotion[/size]
[/b][/size][/size]

[size=12][color:68f7=344556][size=10][size=24]https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=9981017857110
[/size][/size][/size]

[size=24]Conquering Envy    [color:68f7=427194][size=24]Roland Hammett[color:68f7=344556] | Getting a Grip on Your Emotion[/size][/size]

https://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=998171793550

[size=24]Getting Past Regret and Guilt    [color:68f7=427194][size=24][b]Roland Hammett[color:68f7=344556] | Getting a Grip on Your Emotion[/size][/b][/size]

[color:68f7=344556][size=10][size=24]https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=9983117935310
[/size][/size]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next