Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Keith UK to China TESTIMONY

Go down

Keith UK to China TESTIMONY  Empty Keith UK to China TESTIMONY

Post  Admin on Fri 27 Dec 2013, 8:15 pm

Dear Friends

Have you had a good Christmas? I hope you did.

Today I want to share my testimony of How I came to know God. I am just an ordinary person, who knows that God loves me and has saved me through his precious grace

If any of you wish to stop reading now, that is your decision, but if you read on, you will hear sincerely from my heart.

Maybe at the end you will say.. well that's great for you Keith, but it's not for me.. again your decision.

But God is so real and precious to me.. I say like the Apostle Paul.. that I am not ashamed of the Gospel Of Christ

I hope you will take time to click on the featured links.. esp the sermon and the website.

Please share this.. MAY MANY PEOPLE BE TOUCHED BY THIS TESTIMONY..place it on facebook, on all your groups, share it with all your friends, tweet the website  and just share it.. share it. Tell everyone that Jesus saves

God bless

Keith

My Testimony

Let me share about my life.. I was born in Bradford in the UK  in 1959.

When I was 5 I moved to Morecambe with my  parents as they started a new job running a council owned retirement home. 

My childhood was not really good.. my parents were great but I was the victim of bullying and this made me very angry towards people. 

I was sent to church and Sunday school every week, under heavy protest.. I only went because we got Sunday school prizes and sweets. During my time at church.. my favourite hymn was

1. There is a green hill far away,
Without a city wall,
Where the dear Lord was crucified,
Who died to save us all.

2. We may not know, we cannot tell,
What pains he had to bear,
But we believe it was for us
He hung and suffered there.

3. There was no other good enough
To pay the price of sin.
He only could unlock the gate
Of heav’n and let us in.

4. Oh, dearly, dearly has he loved!
And we must love him too,
And trust in his redeeming blood,
And try his works to do.

Text: Cecil Frances Alexander, 1818-1895
Music: John H. Gower, 1855-1922

Although I sung it with gusto.. I had no awareness of the living personal truth of it. I went to another church, that was more of a social club to be honest.
Meanwhile at school things got worse, I was placed in the worst class, this was the class for people considered to be educationally slow and not likely to take exams.
My Parents fought very hard for me to be moved to a better class and after two terms or semesters, I was placed in Class 4S. Now in that class was a fellow pupil called Andrew, who was a Christian. I had seen him about, but had taken no notice of him.
I was known for being the school clown, always pestering people, well I started to do this to Andrew, but he didn't respond, this upset me even more and I became determined to upset him.

This went on for quite a few months, He was really getting to me, he had something different, I had never seen this before and it fascinated me. There were also a couple of Christian teachers in the school, who were different.. I didn't understand why ( thanks John and Ruth).. these two had fallen in love whilst at school and got married.. and are still happily married today.. school romance is usually about pupils.. our school was different!!!!!
Well Andrew kept on at me, inviting me to some meetings on Saturday night.. OK I said.. But I want to be home for the Football at 10pm.
So one Saturday.. the 15th February 1975, I set off for Lancaster at Moorlands Gospel Hall.. a trip on the bus of 20 minutes and Andrew met me at the bus station and we walked up to the meeting place. 
The place was crowded.. songs were sung .. and then this man came to speak.. His Name was Victor Jack.. He spoke on Hell and what would happen if you died tonight.. if you did.. where would you go. 
For the first time, I became truly aware that I was a sinner before a Holy God, but also that God had provided a solution to my sin problem and that was Jesus.
You see my friend.. Man has a problem. I had a problem that night.. you have a problem right now.. and that is you are alienated from God because of your sin.. there is a vast chasm separating you from God. But the chasm is no longer there as the Cross of Calvary has provided the answer.. but the question is.. will you accept and trust that perfect sacrifice that Jesus made?
At the end of the meeting the speaker said I am going into a side room, if anyone wants to come and see me there, they can become a christian, well all I can remember is closing my eyes and it was like a curtain going up on a stage, the light was suddenly turned on. I  turned to Andrew and said 'I'm going in that room', his face lit up, I don't think he could believe it. 
We arrived at the room, just before someone else, if they had got in first, I don't think I would of carried it through.
Victor took me through the book Journey Into Life and at the end of the book, there is a prayer, I prayed it and meant it. I knew that My sin had been dealt with because of what Jesus had done on the cross for me.
Mr Scott our form teacher had said to Andrew, Keith will never be saved, he is beyond redemption, I suppose it proves that no-one is beyond God's redeeming grace.
The changes were not instant and indeed took time, my word.  The Lord has had some patience with me, of all his children, I think that I must be the most disobedient one, but ever since 1975, God has held me through my wanderings, through all mistakes and those have been many.
I have messed up so many times, I could  write and print a fifty volume book of How to mess up in every situation by Keith.
God's love is the most amazing thing you can ever experience.
Now at nearly 55, Yes I am that old.. lol. I can now say that God is truly faithful, HE has brought me through so much. He alone is my love, my delight , my joy and my life.
Secondly, He has brought myself and Helen + Ming together, To have this wonderful and godly woman in my life is God's choicest gift to me as is Ming, our wonderful and beloved daughter.
A final word.. you may disregard this as the rantings of a deluded person.. but the same transforming experience, the same thing that happened to me, has happened to millions through the ages and is still happening today.. read website.
You may say Oh well Evolution and Humanism have answered all the questions.. let me ask you..how many lives have they transformed.
Christianity is the only faith that promises life transformation.. why don't you try it for yourself.
Written from my heart
In Love

Keith

Special Sermon

This is a wonderful testimony of a top rugby player in the UK.. he is a man's man to so speak. 

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=112708103280

Guest Website

Please check out this website, it is totally amazing.

http://www.saved.com/testimonies/index.htm

Guest Devotion by Lorraine Ezell

Coffee Break

"Christianity Is Transformation"

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17

Religion deals with changes on the outside. Religious people clean up their act, turn over a new leaf, start trying to be good and do better. True Christianity involves change from the inside out. The acts, deeds and goodness that we do starts on the inside and works its way out. It is a result of something that has happened on the inside of a person. There is no true salvation unless there is transformation.

Transformation comes when we are "in Christ". It doesn't come from just knowing "about" Him; or "hearing" about Him; or "believing" He is real. It comes when we are "in" Him and He is "in" us. The word "in" means to be engrafted. When a branch is grafted into a tree, it gets its nutrients and life from the tree. (Cut that branch off and it dies.) Inside the branch is whatever is going into it from the tree. If we are engrafted in Christ we are being transformed because what is in Him is going into us-- love, joy, peace, gentleness, goodness, meekness, etc. This cannot be faked. It can't be copied. It cannot be reproduced outside of being in Christ.

Are you trying to change your own life by doing "good" things? True change can only come through transformation. Transformation can only come through Christ and only then if you are "in" Him. You may say you are "in" Him. You may say you are a Christian. You may say you are a believer. But if you truly are then your life will be transforming to look more like Him because you are engrafted into Him.

Have a great day. Religion starts on the outside. Christianity starts on the inside. Religion knows about Christ. Christianity means being in Christ. Religion cleans up its act. Christianity is transformation.

For further reading:
John 15:1-7
Galatians 5:22,23

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>

-- 

Quotes from Great Christians

"We shall have all eternity in which to celebrate our victories, but we have only one swift hour before the sunset in which to win them."

Robert Moffat

"If Jesus Christ be God and died for me, then no sacrifice can be too great for me to make for Him."

Ct Studd

If your heart takes more pleasure in reading novels, or watching TV, or going to the movies, or talking to friends, rather than just sitting alone with God and embracing Him, sharing His cares and His burdens, weeping and rejoicing with Him, then how are you going to handle forever and ever in His presence...? You'd be bored to tears in heaven, if you're not ecstatic about God now!

Keith Green
Admin
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down