World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 29 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 29 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
My Manna - Page 12 EmptyToday at 1:57 am by Admin

» THE BLAZE
My Manna - Page 12 EmptyToday at 1:44 am by Admin

» Israel 365 News
My Manna - Page 12 EmptyToday at 1:32 am by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
My Manna - Page 12 EmptyToday at 1:32 am by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
My Manna - Page 12 EmptyToday at 12:59 am by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
My Manna - Page 12 EmptyToday at 12:28 am by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
My Manna - Page 12 EmptyToday at 12:17 am by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
My Manna - Page 12 EmptyYesterday at 10:42 pm by Admin

» Year of the Death of Jesus
My Manna - Page 12 EmptyYesterday at 10:27 pm by Admin

» AISH
My Manna - Page 12 EmptyYesterday at 10:01 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
My Manna - Page 12 EmptyYesterday at 9:59 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
My Manna - Page 12 EmptyYesterday at 9:23 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
My Manna - Page 12 EmptyYesterday at 9:07 pm by Admin

» israelAM
My Manna - Page 12 EmptyYesterday at 9:04 pm by Admin

» WHY DID GOD CREATE EVIL
My Manna - Page 12 EmptyYesterday at 4:36 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
My Manna - Page 12 EmptyYesterday at 2:37 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
My Manna - Page 12 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024, 11:18 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
My Manna - Page 12 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024, 9:54 pm by Admin

» Pressure from UN Threats
My Manna - Page 12 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:45 pm by Admin

» Ship that obliterated Baltimore bridge
My Manna - Page 12 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:44 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

My Manna

2 posters

Page 12 of 28 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20 ... 28  Next

Go down

My Manna - Page 12 Empty Re: My Manna

Post  Admin Wed 12 Dec 2018, 8:53 pm

My Manna
Each of the participants involved with Christ's birth-

Mary and Joseph, the inn keeper, the angels, shepherds, and wise men-has much to teach us.

Although there is no scriptural basis for stating dogmatically that there were three wise men-
- the fact that three distinct gifts are mentioned has given rise to this traditional idea.

Master artists throughout the centuries have depicted three wise men on camels as one of their favourite nativity themes.

The number of wise men is not important, but the fact that they persisted in following the light that was given them until they found the object of their search, that they responded in worship, and that they returned home to share their experience with others all has much to tell us.

Also, the gifts presented to the Christ child were both significant and appropriate:
Gold, symbolic of His kingly reign; frankincense, symbolic of His priestly ministry; myrrh, symbolic of our redemption through His death.

How important it is that our gifts of love and Devotion be offered to Christ after we have first found Him and then have bowed in true adoration before Him.

The author and composer of this well-known Christmas hymn was an Episcopalian minister from Pennsylvania.

John H. Hopkins has been credited with contributing much to the development of music in his denomination during the nineteenth century, writing a number of fine hymns and hymn tunes.

One of his publications, Carols, Hymns and Songs, enjoyed four editions.

We three kings of Orient are, bearing gifts we traverse afar,
Field and fountain, moor and mountain, following yonder star.

Born a King on Bethlehem's plain, gold I bring to crown Him again,
King forever, ceasing never over us all to reign.

Frankincense to offer have I, incense owns a Deity nigh;
Prayer and praising, all men raising, worship Him, God on high.

Myrrh is mine; its bitter perfume breathes a life of gathering gloom;
Sorrowing, sighing, bleeding, dying, sealed in the stone-cold tomb.

Glorious now behold Him arise, King and God and Sacrifice;
Alleluia, Alleluia! Earth to heav'n replies.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 09 Dec 2018, 11:50 pm

My Manna - Page 12 Wise_m10

My Manna - Page 12 Childj10

My Manna
SEEK JESUS
Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the reign of King Herod. About that time some wise men from eastern lands arrived in Jerusalem, asking, “Where is the newborn king of the Jews? We saw his star as it rose, and we have come to worship him.” Matthew 2:1-2.
Although we try to keep Christ in Christmas, many of our ideas about Christmas aren’t Bible based. 

For example, although angels visited the shepherds, there is no mention of them being present at Jesus’ birth but, chances are, there’s an angel watching over the holy family in most nativity scenes. 

Perhaps the most glaring example of misinformation, however, regards the wise men. 

The names Gaspar, Melchior, and Balthazar, while good to know when playing trivia, are simply the stuff of legends and not the Bible. 

Moreover, there weren’t necessarily three of them, they weren’t kings, and the shepherds weren’t present when they met Jesus. 

We can blame John Henry Hopkins, the Pennsylvania clergyman who wrote the song, “We Three Kings” for much of our confusion. 
He wrote the carol in 1857 as a special treat for his nieces and nephews and used it in a Christmas pageant that year. 
Published in a collection of hymns and carols in 1863, it’s been sung around the world ever since and most people are now convinced there were three kings.

The magi or wise men, however, weren’t kings; they were probably priests, court advisors, or even astrologers from a land or lands to the east such as Mesopotamia, Persia or Arabia. 

Ancient astrologers interpreted major astronomical events as signaling the birth of a king. 

Whether it was the conjunction of the planets Jupiter, Saturn and Mars or a supernova, these wise men knew it was a special sign. 
Familiar enough with the Old Testament prophecies to quote from Micah to Herod, they knew a star would herald the Jewish king’s birth. 
It was typical for kings to send emissaries from their court with gifts to another king and that may have been why these men brought such extravagant gifts to this newborn king. 

While the gospels mention three gifts, it may have been as few as two or more than twelve wise men who brought them.

Since they travelled long distance and stopped to see Herod in Jerusalem, the wise men wouldn’t have arrived immediately following Jesus’ birth. 
Jesus was probably a toddler when they finally arrived and found Him in a house with Mary. 

While the wise men sought to worship the new king-
Herod sought to kill him; his decision to kill all boys two years and younger ties in with this timeline. 

Although they make a nice addition to our nativity scenes, the wise men weren’t there.

Even though those wise men don’t belong in our nativity scenes-
- they are an important part of the Christmas story. 

My Manna - Page 12 Shephe10
Although Jesus’ birth announcement was made to lowly Jewish shepherds-
His first worshipers were respected and scholarly Gentiles. 

A messiah had been promised to the Jews but it was foreigners who sought Him, recognized His value, presented Him with precious gifts and worshipped Him. 

They may have been Gentiles, but they recognized the King of the Jews. 

Moreover, instead of returning to Herod as he’d ordered-
- they were obedient to God when they returned home another way. 

The presence of the wise men is a reminder that- 
Jesus, the promised Messiah, came to save all of mankind. 

The wise men remind us to-
- seek Jesus and 
- recognize Him as our saviour, 
- present Him with our gifts and worship him, 
- and to obey God even when He sends us in a different direction.

Few problems!
My Manna

Though it rightfully takes a back seat to celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ, many churches each year celebrate the visit of the wise men on Jan. 6, also known as Epiphany, or the 12th day of Christmas. 
Matthew 2:1-12 gives the incredible account of these men who sought to bring Jesus gifts. 

I love this story, and I love to sing the carol "We Three Kings of Orient Are." 
Maybe you do too—it remains a classic that's sung every Christmas season.

But there are just few problems!

There are a few details found in the carol that are not listed in the Scriptural account. 
No, these details do not contradict Christian doctrine-
- but if we're going to tell the story of the wise men to those who don't know it, 
- we should be careful to share what Scripture—not the carol—teaches.

So what does the carol "We Three Kings of Orient Are" add? 
It's all there in the title:

Three
Matthew 2:1 simply says "wise men," with no number given. 
Perhaps because there were three gifts presented to the Christ child, the assumption was made that there were three donors of the gifts. 
But the truth is, Scripture does not tell us how many wise men came to visit.

Kings
Matthew 2:1 describes the visitors as "wise men" or magoi in Greek; magi in English. 

Biblical scholars believe they were most likely astrologers or members of a priestly caste that specialized in the interpretation of dreams, omens and seeing symbolism in the stars, and, according to the ancient historian Heroditus, they claimed the gift of prophecy. 

Orient
We usually think of the Orient as the Far East, including nations such as China. 

But Matthew 2:1 simply says the wise men came "from the East." 
We do know that there was a group that fits the above description in ancient Media (today's Iran). 
Other scholars identify a similar group in present-day Iraq. 
Regardless, there is no evidence that they came from the Far East.

Manger
Another non-biblical detail in our commemorating the visit of the wise men comes from the manger scene loved by Christians all across the denominational spectrum. 

Manger scenes are usually displayed as "photo shots" of everybody we associate with Christmas: 
Mary, Joseph, Jesus, the shepherds, the animals, angels and the wise men. 

But Matthew 2:11 speaks of the wise men entering a house, not a barn with a manger. 

Infant
Additionally, the word used here for Jesus is toddler, not infant.

Herod, attempting to eliminate this rival king, slaughtered the young boys of Bethlehem up to age 2. Matt. 2:16-18. 

Why not just tiny babies? 
Most likely because it took a considerable amount of time for the wise men to make the long, dangerous journey to Israel. 

By that time, the family had long since departed the place of the manger for a better place to stay. 

So to be biblically accurate, get those wise men out of your manager scene—but don't get rid of them. 

Indeed, the wise men are part of the celebration, just not the Christmas Day part. 

And as we will see, understanding more about their story can deepen our own sense of awe, wonder and celebration surrounding the birth of Jesus.

HIS STAR
My Manna
Should We Study the Stars?

The wise men discerned from the symbolism of the stars that something extraordinary was to occur. 

In Matthew 2:2, they asked, "Where is the child who has been born king of the Jews? For we observed his star at its rising"—which is a better translation than "in the East." 

What was " H is star"? 

There have been various explanations suggested over the centuries, but they all agree that to those believing in the symbolism of planets and stars, there was to be a new king in Israel who would be the king over all the world.

For a further exploration of this subject, go to a planetarium during December. 

In the dome the stars will be positioned to reflect the heavens at the time thought to be the birth date of Jesus. 
The lecture will explain why the wise men derived the conclusions they did. 
Or read one of the books or view one of the DVDs that do the same. 

Some helpful resources are the book The Star of Bethlehem: The Legacy of the Magi by astronomer Dr. Michael Molmar and the DVD The Star of Bethlehem by attorney Frederick Larson.

But some Christians might wonder: 
Is it a good idea to study the stars? 
Isn't this indulging in astrology, which is occultic and forbidden? 

I believe the answer is that there is a right way and a wrong way to study the stars.

The right way!
While the Christian faith is often straightforward in its setting forth of scriptural doctrine and commandments, there is sometimes mysticism and symbolism that add to, but never go against, the plain teaching of Scripture. 

God proclaims His glory in the heavens about who He is and what He is about—"big picture" stuff, not detailed information or guidance for the individual. 
We read in Psalm 19:1-2 that the heavens declare the glory of God and that the night (sky) "declares knowledge." 
Job 9:9 speaks of God not only making stars in general, but also making what we call the constellations and star clusters of "the Bear" (Ursa Major) and Orion, the Pleiades and the chambers of the south." 
And Jesus speaks in Luke 21:25 of signs in the sun, moon and stars.

From this we know God uses the stars—indeed, all of creation—to show His power and creative ability and to catch the attention of all humanity.

The wrong way!
Interpreting the stars goes wrong when we worship them, believe they control our lives, or make them the source of personal guidance as to our conduct.. 
When people do this, whether by reading the horoscopes in newspapers or magazines, or by indulging in elaborate sessions with a professional astrologer, they take the focus for daily life off of God. 

This is dangerous—at best because it substitutes something far inferior for what we can have in God, and at worst because the power source behind astrology is Satan.

The wise men of Matthew 2 consulted the stars in ways consistent with what Scripture teaches. 
God showed them something of major importance for the world, and this led them on their journey to Bethlehem, because they sought God and went to worship Him.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 08 Dec 2018, 8:27 pm

My Manna

Should We Study the Stars?

The wise men discerned from the symbolism of the stars that something extraordinary was to occur. 

In Matthew 2:2, they asked, "Where is the child who has been born king of the Jews? For we observed his star at its rising"—which is a better translation than "in the East." 

What was " H is star"? 

There have been various explanations suggested over the centuries, but they all agree that to those believing in the symbolism of planets and stars, there was to be a new king in Israel who would be the king over all the world.

For a further exploration of this subject, go to a planetarium during December. 

In the dome the stars will be positioned to reflect the heavens at the time thought to be the birth date of Jesus. 
The lecture will explain why the wise men derived the conclusions they did. 
Or read one of the books or view one of the DVDs that do the same. 

Some helpful resources are the book The Star of Bethlehem: The Legacy of the Magi by astronomer Dr. Michael Molmar and the DVD The Star of Bethlehem by attorney Frederick Larson.

But some Christians might wonder: 
Is it a good idea to study the stars? 
Isn't this indulging in astrology, which is occultic and forbidden? 

I believe the answer is that there is a right way and a wrong way to study the stars.

The right way!
While the Christian faith is often straightforward in its setting forth of scriptural doctrine and commandments, there is sometimes mysticism and symbolism that add to, but never go against, the plain teaching of Scripture. 

God proclaims His glory in the heavens about who He is and what He is about—"big picture" stuff, not detailed information or guidance for the individual. 

We read in Psalm 19:1-2 that the heavens declare the glory of God and that the night (sky) "declares knowledge." 
Job 9:9 speaks of God not only making stars in general, but also making what we call the constellations and star clusters of "the Bear" (Ursa Major) and Orion, the Pleiades and the chambers of the south." 
And Jesus speaks in Luke 21:25 of signs in the sun, moon and stars.

From this we know God uses the stars—indeed, all of creation—to show His power and creative ability and to catch the attention of all humanity.

The wrong way!
Interpreting the stars goes wrong when we worship them, believe they control our lives, or make them the source of personal guidance as to our conduct. 
When people do this, whether by reading the horoscopes in newspapers or magazines, or by indulging in elaborate sessions with a professional astrologer, they take the focus for daily life off of God. 

This is dangerous—at best because it substitutes something far inferior for what we can have in God, and at worst because the power source behind astrology is Satan.

The wise men of Matthew 2 consulted the stars in ways consistent with what Scripture teaches. 

God showed them something of major importance for the world, and this led them on their journey to Bethlehem, because they sought God and went to worship Him.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 07 Dec 2018, 12:34 am

My Manna

Though it rightfully takes a back seat to celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ, many churches each year celebrate the visit of the wise men on Jan. 6, also known as Epiphany, or the 12th day of Christmas.

Matthew 2:1-12 gives the incredible account of these men who sought to bring Jesus gifts. 

I love this story, and I love to sing the carol "We Three Kings of Orient Are." 
Maybe you do too—it remains a classic that's sung every Christmas season.

But there are just few problems!

There are a few details found in the carol that are not listed in the Scriptural account. 

No, these details do not contradict Christian doctrine-
- but if we're going to tell the story of the wise men to those who don't know it, 
- we should be careful to share what Scripture—not the carol—teaches.

So what does the carol "We Three Kings of Orient Are" add? 
It's all there in the title:

Three
Matthew 2:1 simply says "wise men," with no number given. 
Perhaps because there were three gifts presented to the Christ child, the assumption was made that there were three donors of the gifts. 
But the truth is, Scripture does not tell us how many wise men came to visit.

Kings
Matthew 2:1 describes the visitors as "wise men" or magoi in Greek; magi in English. 

Biblical scholars believe they were most likely astrologers or members of a priestly caste that specialized in the interpretation of dreams, omens and seeing symbolism in the stars, and, according to the ancient historian Heroditus, they claimed the gift of prophecy. 

Orient
We usually think of the Orient as the Far East, including nations such as China. 

But Matthew 2:1 simply says the wise men came "from the East." 
We do know that there was a group that fits the above description in ancient Media (today's Iran). 
Other scholars identify a similar group in present-day Iraq. 
Regardless, there is no evidence that they came from the Far East.

Manger
Another non-biblical detail in our commemorating the visit of the wise men comes from the manger scene loved by Christians all across the denominational spectrum. 

Manger scenes are usually displayed as "photo shots" of everybody we associate with Christmas: 
Mary, Joseph, Jesus, the shepherds, the animals, angels and the wise men. 

But Matthew 2:11 speaks of the wise men entering a house, not a barn with a manger. 

Infant
Additionally, the word used here for Jesus is toddler, not infant.

Herod, attempting to eliminate this rival king, slaughtered the young boys of Bethlehem up to age 2. Matt. 2:16-18. 

Why not just tiny babies? 
Most likely because it took a considerable amount of time for the wise men to make the long, dangerous journey to Israel.

By that time, the family had long since departed the place of the manger for a better place to stay. 

So to be biblically accurate, get those wise men out of your manager scene—but don't get rid of them. 

Indeed, the wise men are part of the celebration, just not the Christmas Day part. 

And as we will see, understanding more about their story can deepen our own sense of awe, wonder and celebration surrounding the birth of Jesus.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 06 Dec 2018, 12:38 am

My Manna

Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the reign of King Herod. About that time some wise men from eastern lands arrived in Jerusalem, asking, “Where is the newborn king of the Jews? We saw his star as it rose, and we have come to worship him.” Matthew 2:1-2.

Although we try to keep Christ in Christmas, many of our ideas about Christmas aren’t Bible based. 

For example, although angels visited the shepherds, there is no mention of them being present at Jesus’ birth but, chances are, there’s an angel watching over the holy family in most nativity scenes. 

Perhaps the most glaring example of misinformation, however, regards the wise men. 

The names Gaspar, Melchior, and Balthazar, while good to know when playing trivia, are simply the stuff of legends and not the Bible. 

Moreover, there weren’t necessarily three of them, they weren’t kings, and the shepherds weren’t present when they met Jesus. 

We can blame John Henry Hopkins, the Pennsylvania clergyman who wrote the song, “We Three Kings” for much of our confusion. 
He wrote the carol in 1857 as a special treat for his nieces and nephews and used it in a Christmas pageant that year. 
Published in a collection of hymns and carols in 1863, it’s been sung around the world ever since and most people are now convinced there were three kings.

The magi or wise men, however, weren’t kings; they were probably priests, court advisors, or even astrologers from a land or lands to the east such as Mesopotamia, Persia or Arabia. 

Ancient astrologers interpreted major astronomical events as signaling the birth of a king. 

Whether it was the conjunction of the planets Jupiter, Saturn and Mars or a supernova, these wise men knew it was a special sign. 
Familiar enough with the Old Testament prophecies to quote from Micah to Herod, they knew a star would herald the Jewish king’s birth. 

It was typical for kings to send emissaries from their court with gifts to another king and that may have been why these men brought such extravagant gifts to this newborn king. 

While the gospels mention three gifts, it may have been as few as two or more than twelve wise men who brought them.

Since they travelled long distance and stopped to see Herod in Jerusalem, the wise men wouldn’t have arrived immediately following Jesus’ birth. 
Jesus was probably a toddler when they finally arrived and found Him in a house with Mary. 

While the wise men sought to worship the new king-
Herod sought to kill him; his decision to kill all boys two years and younger ties in with this timeline. 

Although they make a nice addition to our nativity scenes, the wise men weren’t there.

Even though those wise men don’t belong in our nativity scenes-
- they are an important part of the Christmas story. 

Although Jesus’ birth announcement was made to lowly Jewish shepherds-
His first worshipers were respected and scholarly Gentiles. 

A messiah had been promised to the Jews but it was foreigners who sought Him, recognized His value, presented Him with precious gifts and worshipped Him. 

They may have been Gentiles, but they recognized the King of the Jews. 

Moreover, instead of returning to Herod as he’d ordered-
- they were obedient to God when they returned home another way. 

The presence of the wise men is a reminder that- 
Jesus, the promised Messiah, came to save all of mankind. 

The wise men remind us to-
- ​​​​seek Jesus and 
- recognize Him as our saviour, 
- present Him with our gifts and worship him, 
- and to obey God even when He sends us in a different direction.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 02 Dec 2018, 11:39 pm

Gentile sinners

My Manna

The wise men are coming to him worship him, and they bring with them their best cultural products and practices and resources — gold, frankincense, and myrrh being just the beginning.
Revelation 21 picks up on Isaiah 60 and re-casts this prophetic vision of the future with Jesus at the center. 

The apostle John writes:

"And I saw no temple in the city, for its temple is the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb. And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and its lamp is the Lamb. By its light will the nations walk, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it, and its gates will never be shut by day — and there will be no night there. They will bring into it the glory and the honor of the nations." Revelation 21:22–26.

The nations bring their gifts. 
And the world's kings gladly bow to the king of kings. 
And not only will the glory of God light the whole kingdom, but the single lamp will be the Lamb — the Lamb who was slain for us.

The King of the Jews crucified for gentile sinners!

When the magi came to Jerusalem asking, "Where is he who has been born king of the Jews?" little did they know that they were asking for him by the very title that would be written above his head as he hung on the cross dying for sins not his own: "the king of the Jews." Matthew 27:37.

This true king of the Jews is not the usurping king, like Herod, abusing power, acting impulsively, employing deceit to bolster his crushing grip on the throats of his subjects. 

Rather, this king of the Jews is the one true king, the one who "came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many" (Matthew 20:28), the one who doesn't merely demand our homage but wins it in his shocking self-giving on our behalf — all the way to death, even death on a cross. 

He is the king who demonstrates his love for his people in that while they are still sinners — while we are still stargazing in our astrology and wizardry — he dies for us.Romans 5:8.

This side of the cross we know more than the magi knew. 

Not only would this God graciously draw ​gentile sinners and amazingly permit them to come near to his Son, but he would provide eternal salvation for astrologer-sinners like them, and like us, through the willing death of that very baby they came to honour.

He's my dad!

My Manna

"My righteousness is near; my salvation is gone forth, and mine arm shall judge the people; the isles shall wait upon me, and on mine arm shall they trust." Isaiah 51:5. 
A group of scientists and botanists were exploring remote regions of the Alps in search of new species of flowers. 

One day they noticed through binoculars a flower of such rarity and beauty that its value to science was incalculable. 

But it lay deep in a ravine with cliffs on both sides. 

To get the flower someone had to be lowered over the cliff on a rope.

A curious young boy was watching nearby, and the scientists told him they would pay him well if he would agree to be lowered over the cliff to retrieve the flower below.

The boy took one long look down the steep, dizzy depths and said, "I'll be back in a minute." 

A short time later he returned, followed by a gray-haired man. 

Approaching the botanist, the boy said, "I'll go over that cliff and get that flower for you if this man holds the rope. He's my dad!"

His whole assurance was based in the fact that his father was trustworthy.

Our Heavenly Father wants us to place our entire trust in Him and is pleased to show His faithfulness, we can trust Him to hold us even when it seems we are on the very edge
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 02 Dec 2018, 8:58 pm

My Manna

The wise men are coming to him worship him, and they bring with them their best cultural products and practices and resources — gold, frankincense, and myrrh being just the beginning.

Revelation 21 picks up on Isaiah 60 and re-casts this prophetic vision of the future with Jesus at the center. 

The apostle John writes:

"And I saw no temple in the city, for its temple is the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb. And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and its lamp is the Lamb. By its light will the nations walk, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it, and its gates will never be shut by day — and there will be no night there. They will bring into it the glory and the honor of the nations." Revelation 21:22–26.

The nations bring their gifts. 
And the world's kings gladly bow to the king of kings. 

And not only will the glory of God light the whole kingdom, but the single lamp will be the Lamb — the Lamb who was slain for us.

The King of the Jews crucified for gentile sinners!

When the magi came to Jerusalem asking, "Where is he who has been born king of the Jews?" little did they know that they were asking for him by the very title that would be written above his head as he hung on the cross dying for sins not his own: "the king of the Jews." Matthew 27:37.

This true king of the Jews is not the usurping king, like Herod, abusing power, acting impulsively, employing deceit to bolster his crushing grip on the throats of his subjects. 

Rather, this king of the Jews is the one true king, the one who "came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many" (Matthew 20:28), the one who doesn't merely demand our homage but wins it in his shocking self-giving on our behalf — all the way to death, even death on a cross. 

He is the king who demonstrates his love for his people in that while they are still sinners — while we are still stargazing in our astrology and wizardry — he dies for us.Romans 5:8.

This side of the cross we know more than the magi knew. 

Not only would this God graciously draw ​gentile sinners and amazingly permit them to come near to his Son, but he would provide eternal salvation for astrologer-sinners like them, and like us, through the willing death of that very baby they came to honour.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 30 Nov 2018, 11:59 pm

My Manna

"​​​​Behold, magi from the east came to Jerusalem." Matthew 2:1.

Matthew says "behold" to make sure he has our attention. 
He knows how prone we are to fall asleep while we're reading.

"Wake up. Make sure you're listening. This is huge. Don't miss it. It's not what you'd expect..."

But what's so shocking about magi coming to Jesus? 

We should we be surprised. 
Because magi is an ancient word referring to pagan astrologers. 
And since they dabble in the dark arts, we eventually got our English word magic from such magi.

"Behold," Matthew says. 

Look at this: 
Astrologers are coming! 
Pagan sorcerers are searching for Jesus! 

This is shocking—and spectacular!

Now "We Three Kings" is a wonderful Christmas song. 
They are pagan astrologers, not too far from what we'd call sorcerers and wizards.

These magi are ​"​​magi"cians, pagan specialists in the supernatural, experts in astrology, magic, and divination, blatant violators of Old Testament law ​but they are coming to worship Jesus.

We really should beware of having a narrower vision of who can come to Jesus than God does. 
We can be so prone to write off people like this, but God doesn't. 

He draws. 
He woos. 
He's seeking worshipers from among the priestly caste of pagan religion. 
There will be worshipers from Hogwarts, even from Slytherin.

And God is drawing them to his Son even though the Old Testament clearly condemns their vocation. 
These magi are "the magicians, the enchanters, the sorcerers, and the Chaldeans" that the king of wicked Babylon commanded to tell him his dreams in Daniel 2:2. 

Moses had so clearly condemned the use of such magic in Deuteronomy 18:9–14. 
And prophets Isaiah (47:11-15) and Jeremiah (10:1-2) added their words of judgment to those dabbling in magic and sorcery.

Also the New Testament joins the refrain in Acts 8, when Peter condemns a man named Simon who dabbled in magic and offered 
money to obtain the apostles' power to heal, and in Acts 13:6–12, as Paul condemns a magician name Elymas who was opposing 
the advance of the gospel.

So the whole Bible, Old Testament and New, plainly condemns the kind of astrology, stargazing, and dabbling in the dark arts typical of the magi. 

In biblical terms, the magi are plainly marked as "sinners."
Here Come the Sinners​!​

And Matthew says, "Behold, magi come! Astrologer-magician-sorcerer-pagan-sinners are coming to Jesus." 

Don't miss the shock of these Jewishly uncouth men coming to Jesus.

Matthew 2:11 provides an important connection between these pagan astrologers and a prophecy from Isaiah. 
Verse 11: "And going into the house ​(​the magi​)​ saw the child with Mary his mother, and they fell down and worshiped him. 

But it seems that the main connection Matthew wants us to make is to Isaiah 60-
- where Isaiah prophesies about all the nations coming to Israel's king. Psalm 72:10–11. 

Here's Isaiah 60:3–6:
"Nations shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising. Lift up your eyes all around, and see; they all gather together, they come to you; your sons shall come from afar (bearing gifts we traverse far?)...The wealth of the nations shall come to you. A multitude of camels shall cover you, the young camels of Midian and Ephah; all those from Sheba shall come. They shall bring gold and frankincense, and shall bring good news, the praises of the Lord." 

This Christ is not only king of Israel, but he is the king of all nations, the king of kings.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 28 Nov 2018, 11:45 pm

Knowing Christ!   My Manna
"I also consider everything to be a loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord." Philippians 3:8.

What matters to you more than anything else?

* Your family? Your friends?
* Your reputation? Your health?
* Your grades? Your achievements?

These are all good things. 
They should matter to you. 

But there's one thing that should come before any of these-
Knowing Christ!

Before Paul was a Christian, he placed high importance on who he was and where he came from. 
He took great pride in his pure Jewish heritage, his excellent education, and his flawless behaviour. 
His reputation in the community was everything to him.

Then he met Christ, and everything that used to be on the top of his priority list fell to the bottom. 
Once he experienced Christ, nothing else could come close! 

From the moment of his conversion, Paul sent everything else but Christ to the back of the line. 
As far as Paul was concerned--compared to the value of knowing Christ--everything in his life was as worthless as garbage.

Is knowing Christ that important to you? 

No one is asking you to stop loving your family, to hate your friends, or to harm your body. 
But knowing Christ more intimately should be the first item on your priority list. 

When you choose to place him first in your life-
- you'll see everything else in its proper perspective.

What does this kind of attitude mean in practical terms, in day-to-day life?
Read Up: 1 Timothy 1:12-17, 2 Timothy 2:8-13
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 28 Nov 2018, 11:44 pm

"My Manna" 
The passion  
"My house will be called a house of prayer for all nations.’ But you have made it ‘a den of robbers.” Mark 11:17.
This wasn't Jesus' first time at the temple. 

His parents accidentally left Him there once when He was a boy, and He had often taught there at times during His ministry. Matt.26:55. 

But this visit was different. 

This time He surprised a temple audience with more than His words. 
This time He grew fiercely angry at the activities in the courtyard.

Fierce anger isn't what we expect from Jesus. 
But God is passionate about His people, and His people were at the mercy of mercenaries at the temple. That had to stop. 

So Jesus turned tables, drove out the profiteers, and quoted phrases from the prophets to prove His point. 
God's temple is a place of prayer for the nations, not a business venture.

This event clearly teaches us that God opposes deception and greed, but there's a much deeper message in it. 
The intensity of Jesus' reaction reflects the heart of the Father for His people. 

The passion He demonstrated at the temple wasn't about the building.
It was about the worshipers who have gathered and, on a larger scale, the nations they represented. 

Apparently, God isn't just mildly interested in the hearts of human beings. 
He's fiercely protective of them. 
He's zealous for our worship and jealous for our love.

When Solomon dedicated the first temple in Jerusalem, priests fell on their faces as God powerfully filled the building 

with His presence. 
The building was holy ground, a place of purity and prayer. 

Centuries later when Jesus overthrew the money changers' tables-
He demonstrated God's intense passion for this same holy ground. 

But what about now? 
Worshipers no longer gather at a temple in Jerusalem. 

Where does God direct His passion?

In the New Testament-
God's people become the temple of His presence. 

The building gives way to the body. 

If Jesus could be so profoundly provoked over a stone temple-
- how much more fervent is He about His body of believers? 

The purity and prayerfulness of His dwelling place deeply matter to Him. 
He enters our hearts with zeal to drive out unholy influences and make us His own.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 28 Nov 2018, 4:28 pm

My Manna

"My righteousness is near; my salvation is gone forth, and mine arm shall judge the people; the isles shall wait upon me, and on mine arm shall they trust." Isaiah 51:5.

A group of scientists and botanists were exploring remote regions of the Alps in search of new species of flowers. 

One day they noticed through binoculars a flower of such rarity and beauty that its value to science was incalculable. 

But it lay deep in a ravine with cliffs on both sides. 

To get the flower someone had to be lowered over the cliff on a rope.

A curious young boy was watching nearby, and the scientists told him they would pay him well if he would agree to be lowered over the cliff to retrieve the flower below.

The boy took one long look down the steep, dizzy depths and said, "I'll be back in a minute." 

A short time later he returned, followed by a gray-haired man. 

Approaching the botanist, the boy said, "I'll go over that cliff and get that flower for you if this man holds the rope. He's my dad!"

His whole assurance was based in the fact that his father was trustworthy.

Our Heavenly Father wants us to place our entire trust in Him and is pleased to show His faithfulness, we can trust Him to hold us even when it seems we are on the very edge! 
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 25 Nov 2018, 10:06 pm

My Manna

"My house will be called a house of prayer for all nations.’ But you have made it ‘a den of robbers.” Mark 11:17.

This wasn't Jesus' first time at the temple. 

His parents accidentally left Him there once when He was a boy, and He had often taught there at times during His ministry. Matt.26:55. 

But this visit was different. 

This time He surprised a temple audience with more than His words. 
This time He grew fiercely angry at the activities in the courtyard.

Fierce anger isn't what we expect from Jesus. 
But God is passionate about His people, and His people were at the mercy of mercenaries at the temple. That had to stop. 

So Jesus turned tables, drove out the profiteers, and quoted phrases from the prophets to prove His point. 
God's temple is a place of prayer for the nations, not a business venture.

This event clearly teaches us that God opposes deception and greed, but there's a much deeper message in it. 
The intensity of Jesus' reaction reflects the heart of the Father for His people. 

The passion He demonstrated at the temple wasn't about the building.
It was about the worshipers who have gathered and, on a larger scale, the nations they represented. 

Apparently, God isn't just mildly interested in the hearts of human beings. 
He's fiercely protective of them. 
He's zealous for our worship and jealous for our love.

When Solomon dedicated the first temple in Jerusalem, priests fell on their faces as God powerfully filled the building 

with His presence. 
The building was holy ground, a place of purity and prayer. 

Centuries later when Jesus overthrew the money changers' tables-
He demonstrated God's intense passion for this same holy ground. 

But what about now? 
Worshipers no longer gather at a temple in Jerusalem. 

Where does God direct His passion?

In the New Testament-
God's people become the temple of His presence. 

The building gives way to the body. 

If Jesus could be so profoundly provoked over a stone temple-
- how much more fervent is He about His body of believers? 

The purity and prayerfulness of His dwelling place deeply matter to Him. 
He enters our hearts with zeal to drive out unholy influences and make us His own.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 21 Nov 2018, 6:15 pm

My Manna

"I also consider everything to be a loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord." Philippians 3:8.

What matters to you more than anything else?

* Your family? Your friends?
* Your reputation? Your health?
* Your grades? Your achievements?

These are all good things. 
They should matter to you. 

But there's one thing that should come before any of these-
Knowing Christ!

Before Paul was a Christian, he placed high importance on who he was and where he came from. 
He took great pride in his pure Jewish heritage, his excellent education, and his flawless behaviour. 
His reputation in the community was everything to him.

Then he met Christ, and everything that used to be on the top of his priority list fell to the bottom. 
Once he experienced Christ, nothing else could come close! 

From the moment of his conversion, Paul sent everything else but Christ to the back of the line. 
As far as Paul was concerned--compared to the value of knowing Christ--everything in his life was as worthless as garbage.

Is knowing Christ that important to you? 

No one is asking you to stop loving your family, to hate your friends, or to harm your body. 
But knowing Christ more intimately should be the first item on your priority list. 

When you choose to place him first in your life-
- you'll see everything else in its proper perspective.

What does this kind of attitude mean in practical terms, in day-to-day life?
Read Up: 1 Timothy 1:12-17, 2 Timothy 2:8-13.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 19 Nov 2018, 12:45 am

Operation mode!

My Manna

"Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose." Philippians 2:12-13.

What does it mean to- 
"work out your salvation?" 
Many people mistakenly think Paul was telling us to work for our salvation. 

But the apostle was saying something completely different: 
Your salvation experience isn't the end of your spiritual journey.
It's the catalyst that turns on your "operation mode."

So having trusted Jesus as Saviour-
- you can begin living out what He has given you, which is His abundant life. 

If you've given your heart to Him-
- the Holy Spirit now indwells you—He is with you forever. 

It is God's Spirit working in and through you, empowering you to live out your salvation. 
The degree to which you yield to Him impacts the work He will accomplish through you and the changes He'll effect in your life.

Let's say you start reading the Bible and learning about the Lord. 

As your faith and relationship with God develop-
- you will begin to notice Him moving in your life. 

When you share your faith and your blessings with others-
- you'll realize He's working through even more avenues. 

Keep following Him, and the seeds He's planted within you will flourish.. Isa. 55:10-11. 

So when Scripture speaks about working out our salvation-
- it means we're to reverently live out what we've already been given and allow Christ's life in us to come fully to fruition.

Your salvation should be a reflection of Jesus everywhere you go. 

As you work it out among your friends and family, on the job or in school, and even with strangers-
God's Spirit will energize you to make a difference and impact others—that is, to be salt and light. Matt. 5:13-16

Battlefield

My Manna

"Let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall." 1 Corinthians 10:12.

Do you really believe in a literal devil?

You try opposing him for a while, and you see if he's literal or not.

If you want to find out if there is a literal devil-
- then start walking with Jesus Christ and seeking to be in the will of God.. 
You will find just how real he is.

I think that many people, after they have decided to follow Christ, are surprised to find that the Christian life can be so difficult, so intense sometimes. 

It isn't a life of ease, but one of conflict, warfare, and opposition. 
Our choice is simple: 
Will we be victorious? 
Or will we be victims on the spiritual battlefield?

It has been said that you can tell a lot about a man by who his enemies are.. 
The same is true for us. 

We are no longer opposing God, but we now have a new, very powerful foe, and he is described in the Bible as the Devil.

The Devil, of course, is not happy with the fact that he has lost one of his own. 
He is angry that you have surrendered your life to Jesus Christ. 
Now you have become a potential threat to his kingdom as well.

The closer you stay to the Lord, the safer you are-
- because you stand in the work that Jesus did on the cross. 

Don't try to engage the Devil in your own ability because he can chew you up and spit you out. 
But if you stand in the Lord and in His power and stay as close to Him as you can, then you will be safe
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 16 Nov 2018, 2:43 pm

My Manna

"Let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall." 1 Corinthians 10:12.

Do you really believe in a literal devil?

You try opposing him for a while, and you see if he's literal or not.

If you want to find out if there is a literal devil-
- then start walking with Jesus Christ and seeking to be in the will of God. 
You will find just how real he is.

I think that many people, after they have decided to follow Christ, are surprised to find that the Christian life can be so difficult, so intense sometimes. 

It isn't a life of ease, but one of conflict, warfare, and opposition.

Our choice is simple:

Will we be victorious? 
Or will we be victims on the spiritual battlefield?

It has been said that you can tell a lot about a man by who his enemies are. 
The same is true for us. 

We are no longer opposing God, but we now have a new, very powerful foe, and he is described in the Bible as the Devil.

The Devil, of course, is not happy with the fact that he has lost one of his own. 
He is angry that you have surrendered your life to Jesus Christ. 
Now you have become a potential threat to his kingdom as well.

The closer you stay to the Lord, the safer you are-
- because you stand in the work that Jesus did on the cross. 

Don't try to engage the Devil in your own ability because he can chew you up and spit you out. 
But if you stand in the Lord and in His power and stay as close to Him as you can, then you will be safe.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 12 Nov 2018, 5:19 pm

My Manna

"Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose." Philippians 2:12-13.

What does it mean to- 

"work out your salvation?"

Many people mistakenly think Paul was telling us to work for our salvation. 

But the apostle was saying something completely different: 
Your salvation experience isn't the end of your spiritual journey.
It's the catalyst that turns on your "operation mode."

So having trusted Jesus as Saviour-
- you can begin living out what He has given you, which is His abundant life. 

If you've given your heart to Him-
- the Holy Spirit now indwells you—He is with you forever. 

It is God's Spirit working in and through you, empowering you to live out your salvation. 
The degree to which you yield to Him impacts the work He will accomplish through you and the changes He'll effect in your life.

Let's say you start reading the Bible and learning about the Lord. 

As your faith and relationship with God develop-
- you will begin to notice Him moving in your life. 

When you share your faith and your blessings with others-
- you'll realize He's working through even more avenues. 

Keep following Him, and the seeds He's planted within you will flourish. Isa. 55:10-11. 

So when Scripture speaks about working out our salvation-
- it means we're to reverently live out what we've already been given and allow Christ's life in us to come fully to fruition.

Your salvation should be a reflection of Jesus everywhere you go. 

As you work it out among your friends and family, on the job or in school, and even with strangers-
God's Spirit will energize you to make a difference and impact others—that is, to be salt and light. Matt. 5:13-16.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 09 Nov 2018, 9:38 pm

Glory to God!
My Manna

A poll was taken not long ago that asked- 
- what they thought was their main purpose in life. 
The responses were interesting. 

You would think that some would maybe say-
"To make a contribution to society" or 
"To have a meaningful life." 

But what most people said was-
"The main purpose of life is enjoyment and personal fulfillment." 

It's interesting to note that 50 percent of those polled identified themselves as born-again Christians.

According to the Bible, the purpose of life is not enjoyment and personal fulfillment. 

The Bible teaches that we are put on this earth to bring glory to God!
We need to mark that well in our minds and hearts. 

Speaking in Isaiah 43:7-
God said, "Everyone who is called by My name, Whom I have created for My glory; I have formed him, yes, I have made him."

Therefore, we are to glorify God in all that we do with our lives.

Are you using your resources and talents for His glory? 

Sometimes we think that God has given us this life to do with what we will. 
We will say, "Lord, this is mine. This is my week. Here is Your time on Sunday morning. The rest of it belongs to me." Or, "Here is the plan for my life, Lord. Here is what I want to accomplish." Or, "This is my money. Here is Your 10 percent, Lord."

The fact is that it's possible to have a saved soul but a wasted life. 

If you were asked today-
"What is the main purpose of life?" 
What would you say?

If you ask God that question and keep on asking Him every morning of your life-
He will lead you into His purpose....which is the best place you could ever be.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 08 Nov 2018, 11:00 pm

My Manna

A poll was taken not long ago that asked- 
- what they thought was their main purpose in life.

The responses were interesting. 

You would think that some would maybe say-
"To make a contribution to society" or 
"To have a meaningful life." 

But what most people said was-
"The main purpose of life is enjoyment and personal fulfillment." 

It's interesting to note that 50 percent of those polled identified themselves as born-again Christians.

According to the Bible, the purpose of life is not enjoyment and personal fulfillment. 

The Bible teaches that we are put on this earth to bring glory to God!
We need to mark that well in our minds and hearts. 

Speaking in Isaiah 43:7-
God said, "Everyone who is called by My name, Whom I have created for My glory; I have formed him, yes, I have made him."

Therefore, we are to glorify God in all that we do with our lives.

Are you using your resources and talents for His glory? 

Sometimes we think that God has given us this life to do with what we will. 
We will say, "Lord, this is mine. This is my week. Here is Your time on Sunday morning. The rest of it belongs to me." Or, "Here is the plan for my life, Lord. Here is what I want to accomplish." Or, "This is my money. Here is Your 10 percent, Lord."

The fact is that it's possible to have a saved soul but a wasted life. 

If you were asked today-
"What is the main purpose of life?" 
What would you say?

If you ask God that question and keep on asking Him every morning of your life-
He will lead you into His purpose....which is the best place you could ever be.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 04 Nov 2018, 8:16 pm

My Manna

"..in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thessalonians 5:18.

Here is a prescription for overcoming frustration. 

Look for something good to come out of everything that appears bad. 

How I wish I could hammer this thought into the mind of every Christian. 
Nowadays, it is almost second nature with me to look for a positive in every negative, but it was not always so.

At one time, whenever anything bad happened to me-
I used to say: "Oh no, not again! Just when everything seemed to be going right! Why should this happen to me?" 

I learned, however, to apply this principle-
- and I can honestly say it has transformed my life and ministry.

This also means learning to thank God for the good that is emerging-
- instead of brooding over any loss that has been sustained. 

This positive thanksgiving will make your heart receptive to God's power. 

He can do anything with a thankful heart-
- but He will usually do little or nothing with a complaining, self-pitying heart. 

It is closed to grace!

Also, find someone who is going through difficult circumstances, and help them find victory. 

Someone has said, "Sorrow expands the soul for joy." 
For joy? 
Yes - the joy of being useful and creative. 

God uses frustrating circumstances to prune you for fruit-bearing!

And the lessons you have learned will go even deeper as you share them with others. 

Expression deepens impression. 

If you incorporate your sorrows, they will multiply. 
And if you incorporate your blessings, they too will multiply. 

Learn this secret-
- and it will help you stay spiritually on top
- no matter what.

"My God, help me not to be a whiner but a worshiper. 
Help me to cultivate an attitude of thanksgiving in all things - for I know that all things serve. I pray in Jesus' Name. Amen."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 31 Oct 2018, 9:24 pm

My Manna

"Do not marvel, my brethren, if the world hates you." 1 John 3:13..

I heard a story about some fish suppliers who were having problems shipping cod from the East Coast. 

By the time it reached the West, it was spoiled. 
They froze it, but by the time it arrived, it was mushy. 

So they decided to send it alive, but it arrived dead. 

They tried sending it alive again, but with one difference: 
They included a catfish in each tank. 

Catfish are the natural enemies of cod. 
By the time the cod arrived, they were alive and well because they had spent their trip fleeing the catfish.

Maybe God has put a catfish in your tank to keep you alive and well spiritually. 

It's called persecution. 

Maybe there's a person at work who always has eight hard questions for you every morning regarding spiritual things. 
Maybe it's that neighbor who is giving you a hard time for your faith in Jesus. 
Maybe it's a spouse or a family member who doesn't believe. 

You are wondering why this is happening. 
It is like that catfish. 
That person is keeping you on your toes.

Shortly before His crucifixion-
Jesus told the disciples, "If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you aren't of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you." John 16:19.

God will allow persecution in the life of the believer. 

If you're experiencing persecution-
- here are two things to remember: 

First, persecution confirms that you are a child of God. 
Second, persecution causes you to cling more tightly to Jesus.

When you are suffering persecution for your faith-
- remember, this world isn't your real home anyway. 

If you persevere with a steady, peaceful spirit, trusting in Jesus to help you-
- your welcome into heaven will be more glorious than you can imagine.

14 Unchanging Almighty

My Manna

"God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord." 1 Corinthians 1:9.
When plans are frustrated or life just seems to fall apart in some way, it’s not uncommon for people to wonder-
Has God deserted me? 
Why hasn’t He answered my prayers? 

Deuteronomy 7:9 offers encouragement with assurance of the Father’s faithfulness: 
“Know therefore that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God, who keeps His covenant and His lovingkindness to a 

thousandth generation with those who love Him and keep His commandments.”

Five attributes of God make this possible. 

First-
All-knowing!

He knows everything, including our needs, thoughts, frailties, and desires—past, present, and future. 

Next-
Almighty!

The Lord is all-powerful, so nothing is too hard for Him (Jer. 32:17). 

Then-
At hand!

He exists everywhere at once and is never beyond reach.

In addition-
Authentic!

Our heavenly Father cannot lie. 
Everything that He says is true and 100 percent reliable.

Lastly-
Assuring!

God is unchanging. 

The world around us and our circumstances seem to be in a constant state of flux. 
And the Lord may even modify the way He chooses to interact with mankind in different generations. 

But His character is always the same. 
So when Scripture tells us that God is faithful, we can rest confidently upon that promise.

Circumstances often prove painful. 
But even when situations seem overwhelming, believers can trust that our sovereign Lord knows all, is in control, and 

lovingly works everything for His children’s good. 

We can rest confidently-
- knowing that the unchanging Almighty God of all creation is taking care of us
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 30 Oct 2018, 8:11 pm

My Manna

"God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord." 1 Corinthians 1:9.

When plans are frustrated or life just seems to fall apart in some way, it’s not uncommon for people to wonder-
Has God deserted me? 
Why hasn’t He answered my prayers? 

Deuteronomy 7:9 offers encouragement with assurance of the Father’s faithfulness: 
“Know therefore that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God, who keeps His covenant and His lovingkindness to a 

thousandth generation with those who love Him and keep His commandments.”

Five attributes of God make this possible. 

First-
All-knowing!

He knows everything, including our needs, thoughts, frailties, and desires—past, present, and future. 

Next-
Almighty!

The Lord is all-powerful, so nothing is too hard for Him (Jer. 32:17). 

Then-
At hand!

He exists everywhere at once and is never beyond reach.

In addition-
Authentic!

Our heavenly Father cannot lie. 
Everything that He says is true and 100 percent reliable.

Lastly-
Assuring!

God is unchanging. 

The world around us and our circumstances seem to be in a constant state of flux. 
And the Lord may even modify the way He chooses to interact with mankind in different generations. 

But His character is always the same. 
So when Scripture tells us that God is faithful, we can rest confidently upon that promise.

Circumstances often prove painful. 
But even when situations seem overwhelming, believers can trust that our sovereign Lord knows all, is in control, and 

lovingly works everything for His children’s good. 

We can rest confidently-
- knowing that the unchanging Almighty God of all creation is taking care of us.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 28 Oct 2018, 10:03 pm

My Manna

"Do not marvel, my brethren, if the world hates you." 1 John 3:13.

I heard a story about some fish suppliers who were having problems shipping cod from the East Coast. 

By the time it reached the West, it was spoiled. 
They froze it, but by the time it arrived, it was mushy. 

So they decided to send it alive, but it arrived dead. 

They tried sending it alive again, but with one difference: 
They included a catfish in each tank. 

Catfish are the natural enemies of cod. 
By the time the cod arrived, they were alive and well because they had spent their trip fleeing the catfish.

Maybe God has put a catfish in your tank to keep you alive and well spiritually. 

It's called persecution. 

Maybe there's a person at work who always has eight hard questions for you every morning regarding spiritual things. 
Maybe it's that neighbor who is giving you a hard time for your faith in Jesus. 
Maybe it's a spouse or a family member who doesn't believe. 

You are wondering why this is happening. 
It is like that catfish. 
That person is keeping you on your toes.

Shortly before His crucifixion-
Jesus told the disciples, "If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you aren't of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you." John 16:19.

God will allow persecution in the life of the believer. 

If you're experiencing persecution-
- here are two things to remember: 

First, persecution confirms that you are a child of God. 
Second, persecution causes you to cling more tightly to Jesus.

When you are suffering persecution for your faith-
- remember, this world isn't your real home anyway. 

If you persevere with a steady, peaceful spirit, trusting in Jesus to help you-
- your welcome into heaven will be more glorious than you can imagine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 23 Oct 2018, 8:52 pm

My Manna
INVEST
"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace 8 that he lavished on us." Ephesians 1:7-8.
Imagine an elderly couple living in a dilapidated farmhouse. 

They can barely afford the few groceries and medicines that they need. 
There isn’t even enough money to keep the heat on all the time.

Then a short while after they both have died-
- a huge deposit of oil is discovered on the old homestead. 

All their years of poverty were lived out sitting on top of untapped wealth..

Sadly, many Christians go through life like that elderly couple. 
Such believers have distilled Christianity down to its most basic elements: 

God saved me and someday I’ll go to heaven. 
Though Jesus offers an abundant life now-
- they aren’t living it.John 10:10. 

Spiritually poor believers fail to tap into the reservoir of God’s grace. 

Eternity begins the moment we are saved.
There is no reason to wait until heaven to enjoy the Lord’s riches.

God has lavished His grace upon believers. 
We receive righteousness, freedom from legalism, and an unbreakable union with our Father. 

In return, He desires that we invest time and energy in our relationship with Him. 
As we open ourselves to the Father, everything He has to offer pours freely into our lives. 

Our connection with Him makes it possible for us to live joyful, contented lives overflowing with blessing.

True wealth isn’t measured by your bank account.

As fellow heirs with Christ-
- believers have access to God’s riches, which include unspeakable joy, unconditional love, and peace beyond understanding. Rom. 8:17.

​​Invest in your spiritual life.
End enjoy these blessings of grace..

The way of escape!
My Manna

"No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it." 
1 Corinthians 10:13.     
What an encouragement this is! 

This is written down that we might understand three specific things about our testings: 

First-
They are common to all. 

I do not know anything that is harder to believe, when we are under testing, than that. 

We all think, "Why isn't this happening to others? They deserve it so much more than me. Why is it happening to me?" 
Well, it is just your turn, that is all. 

Everybody goes through it. 

You are not permitted to witness their martyrdom, but you will not be allowed to miss yours. 
You do not see what they go through most of the time, but no one is left out. 

Trials are common to all. 
Their time is coming, if it has not already, so do not ever allow yourself to think that what is happening to you is unique. 

It is not at all. 
It is very common, and the minute you start inquiring around, you will find a dozen that have gone through it too.

Second-
Though they are common trials, they are also controlled pressures.

God is faithful, he will not allow you to be tempted above your strength. 

Again, that is hard to believe, is it not? 
We say, "Well, it has already happened. I am already beyond my strength." 

No, you are not. 
You just think you are. 

God knows your strength greater than you do. 
He knows how much you can handle, and how much you cannot. 

One of the basic principles of training in an athletic contest is-
- to develop things you do not think you can do right now, 
- to put more pressure on you than you think you can handle, is it not? 

And you discover you can handle it. 
This is what God does with us. 

He puts the pressure on, but it is controlled pressure. 
It will never be more than you can handle as long as you understand the third thing.

The third-
- the conquering grace that he provides.

"The way out" that is always present, never failing. 

What is that way of escape? 
It is dependence. 

Discipline is necessary-
- but so is dependence. 

All through the Old Testament the heroes and heroines of faith have taught us that in the hour of testing God strips away all human support so that we may learn that he is enough. 

"God is our refuge and our strength, a very present help in time of trouble." Ps.46:1.
And we will never discover that until everything else has been taken away. 

Then we begin to discover that God can hold us steady. 

He himself is the way of escape!
And that is why he puts us through pressures and testings
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 23 Oct 2018, 8:49 pm

"Gospel from India" 
Lord of all

“Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; And declared to be the Son of God with power…” 
Romans 1:3-4. 
May I ask you a personal question? 

Do you believe that Jesus Christ is Lord? 
You do? 

Then may I ask you another question? 
Is He your Lord?

Let’s be more specific.

Is He Lord of your tongue?
    Is He Lord of your time?
    Is He Lord of your treasure?
    Is He Lord of your talents?
    Is He Lord of your testimony?

Is He truly Lord? 
Is He Lord in deed as well as word?

Now, don’t answer too quickly.

Think about it: 
It’s one thing to sing “Bring forth the royal diadem and crown Him Lord of all.” 
It’s another thing to mean it. 

Crown Him “Lord of all” in your life today

Call upon the Counsellor!

“But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.”1 Corinthians 1:24. 
Have you needed a counsellor at times? 

People come to pastors and counsellors for wisdom. 
We can counsel from Scripture, but we can’t solve their problems.

We can try to lead them to the One who can solve their problems, the Lord Jesus Christ. 

I don’t want them dependent upon me. 
I want them to know Jesus. 

He is the Counsellor. 
There is wisdom in His name. 

Paul says in 1 Corinthians1:30-
He “is made unto us wisdom and righteousness and sanctification and redemption.”

Are you going through a problem right now? 
You don’t know the way out. 
You don’t know what to do. 
Every answer seems wrong. 

I want to recommend my counsellor to you. 

Call upon the true Counsellor. 
His name is Jesus. 

Not only is there wonder in His name. 
There is wisdom in His name

Dear Jesus, I need You!

“Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.” Romans 5:1.

I was trying to witness to a man one time. 
I knew him well. 

He was what you would call a self-made man, pretty comfortable in his status in life. 
He was standing in front of his house. 

We had a friendly conversation, but when I broached the subject of Jesus he said, “Oh, I’m fine. I’m fine like I am. You see that house? It’s paid for. There’s my wife on the inside. She loves me and I love her. I have my retirement income. I’m doing quite well, thank you.”

I said, “Sir, may I ask you a question?” 

“Well, sure,” he answered. 

I said, “Oh no, don’t say that lightly. I want to ask you a question, and I want you to think about it and answer me honestly. Will you?” 

He said, “Of course.” 

I said, “Sir, do you have peace in your heart?” 

He said, “I told you, I’m fine.” 

I said, “No, you said you would answer the question. Now answer it. Do you have peace in your heart?”

His chin began to quiver and his eyes brimmed with tears. 
He said, “No! I don’t have peace. How did you know?” 

I said, “Because the Bible says ‘There is no peace, said my God, to the wicked.’”

The only real peace you will ever know is found in the wonderful name of Jesus.

Do you have peace with God? 

If you don’t know the Lord Jesus Christ-
I want to invite you to pray a prayer like this: 

“Dear Jesus, I need You. 
I’m a sinner. 
I’m lost I don’t want to die in my sin and go to hell. 
I need You, Jesus. 
I trust You, Jesus. 
I believe You’re the Son of God. 
You paid for my sin debt with Your shed blood on the cross. 
Thank You, Lord, for doing that. 
Thank You for saving me. 
Now give me the courage to make it public. 
In Your name I pray, Amen.”
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 20 Oct 2018, 7:30 pm

My Manna

"No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it." 
1 Corinthians 10:13.

What an encouragement this is! 

This is written down that we might understand three specific things about our testings: 

First-
They are common to all. 

I do not know anything that is harder to believe, when we are under testing, than that. 

We all think, "Why isn't this happening to others? They deserve it so much more than me. Why is it happening to me?" 
Well, it is just your turn, that is all. 

Everybody goes through it. 

You are not permitted to witness their martyrdom, but you will not be allowed to miss yours. 
You do not see what they go through most of the time, but no one is left out. 

Trials are common to all. 
Their time is coming, if it has not already, so do not ever allow yourself to think that what is happening to you is unique. 

It is not at all. 
It is very common, and the minute you start inquiring around, you will find a dozen that have gone through it too.

Second-
Though they are common trials, they are also controlled pressures.

God is faithful, he will not allow you to be tempted above your strength. 

Again, that is hard to believe, is it not? 
We say, "Well, it has already happened. I am already beyond my strength." 

No, you are not. 
You just think you are. 

God knows your strength greater than you do. 
He knows how much you can handle, and how much you cannot. 

One of the basic principles of training in an athletic contest is-
- to develop things you do not think you can do right now, 
- to put more pressure on you than you think you can handle, is it not? 

And you discover you can handle it. 
This is what God does with us. 

He puts the pressure on, but it is controlled pressure. 
It will never be more than you can handle as long as you understand the third thing.

The third-
- the conquering grace that he provides.

"The way out" that is always present, never failing. 

What is that way of escape? 
It is dependence. 

Discipline is necessary-
- but so is dependence. 

All through the Old Testament the heroes and heroines of faith have taught us that in the hour of testing God strips away all human support so that we may learn that he is enough. 

"God is our refuge and our strength, a very present help in time of trouble." Ps.46:1.
And we will never discover that until everything else has been taken away. 

Then we begin to discover that God can hold us steady. 

He himself is the way of escape!
And that is why he puts us through pressures and testings.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 28 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20 ... 28  Next