World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 29 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 28 Guests :: 1 Bot

Admin

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» THE BLAZE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 EmptyToday at 2:55 pm by Admin

» EXPERTS Why Israel Must Strike Back
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 EmptyToday at 1:50 pm by Admin

» Christians facing Medntasl Health Struggles
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 EmptyToday at 1:34 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 EmptyToday at 1:24 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 EmptyToday at 1:08 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 EmptyToday at 1:05 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 EmptyToday at 12:25 am by Admin

» Israel 365 News
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 11:42 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 11:37 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 11:34 pm by Admin

» israelAM
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 11:30 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 10:21 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 10:15 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 9:26 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:34 pm by Admin

» AISH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:18 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:02 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 12:08 am by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024, 11:32 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 Empty Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Post  Admin Tue 16 Apr 2019, 11:00 pm

Date: April 16, 2019 at 1:51 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Forever Young
Forever Young

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day."  2 Corinthians 4:16

Scripture Focus: 2 Corinthians 4

It happens to all of us eventually. One day we look in the bathroom mirror, and we notice we have grown older. A first wrinkle line appears. A first gray hair stands out in defiance. For me it began about 20 years ago with a few "stray" gray whiskers in my beard and hair on my head. As it stands now, the black hairs have lost the war. And from the top of my head, it looks like most of them left the battlefield entirely. Aging not only changes our hair color, our skin, and our appearance; it also changes our diet and health, our energy level, our temperament, our daily activities. Getting older changes everything. But Christ changes getting older, too. We can borrow Paul's words about his trials in ministry and draw comfort from them. In this life our outward selves remain subject to the consequences of the fall, but inwardly the Lord is renewing us as we advance in faithful obedience to His commands. Open your Bible along with me this month as we see each day how Jesus changes everything.

Insight: The world runs from aging and its effects. Christ replaces that futility with nobility and hope.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 15 Apr 2019, 9:37 am

Date: April 15, 2019 at 1:12 AM

Topic: +DEV+  He is Able

He is Able

"To him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory in the church and in Jesus Christ."  Ephesians 3:20-21

Scripture Focus: Ephesians 3

In her book, Disciplines of the Heart, Anne Ortlund raised a question you've probably asked yourself (perhaps even asked of yourself): "Why do so many Christians live struggling, carnal lives?" She went on to say that it is because they have not comprehended the vastness and power of Jesus Christ which is at work in them. Life often feels out of control. Perhaps we're setting our sights too low, trying to solve things on our own, content to live in sin. It is time we take Paul's words to heart and grasp that the One who lives in us is able to do more in our lives that we ever could imagine or ever would dare ask. When a little child knows his mommy or daddy is there, trusts his parent is good and wise, and has seen how strong his parent is, that little one will march into just about any situation with confidence. He knows who is behind him. That's how confident we can be in Christ as we face the world's problems. But we have even more than a strong and good Father behind us; we have His power at work in us!

Insight: Go ahead and ask the Lord to show you His will and lead you. He'll delight you in ways you never could have imagined!

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 12 Apr 2019, 11:55 pm

Date: April 12, 2019 at 1:56 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Your Ever-Present Help

Your Ever-Present Help

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear,. The LORD Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress." Psalm 46:1, 11 

Scripture Focus: Psalm 46

Are you a child of God through faith in His Son? Then He has promised to be your ever-present help. In a world of trouble, we as believers have the only sure thing to cling to-Jesus. When it truly feels like the earth is giving way, as if the raging waters of distress are foaming, that the mountains of hardship are quaking and surging, look to His promises. He holds you in His loving arms so no one can snatch you from Him (John 10:28-29). He will never abandon you or leave you uncared for (Hebrews 13:5). He will meet all of your needs in every situation (Philippians 4:19). He will see you through each difficulty that comes your way (Philippians 4:13). In the heart of your trials, remember this: "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken" (Isaiah 54:10). Don't put your hope in a marriage counselor, a medical doctor, a 911 dispatcher, or even a faithful friend. When everything on this earth passes away, you'll be safe in the grip of your Everlasting Father.

Insight: Praise the Lord for every proof of His unfailing love!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 10 Apr 2019, 11:02 am

Date: April 9, 2019 at 2:26 AM
Topic: +DEV+ New Every Morning

New Every Morning

"Because of the LORD'S great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.." Lamentations 3:22-23

Scripture Focus: Lamentations 3

Many of the Old Testament prophets brought words of reprimand and judgment to God's wayward people. While feelings of hopelessness brought the prophet Jeremiah to the brink of despair, one truth sustained him: God was acting in love even through His discipline. Not for one moment had God abandoned His people. The often-unfaithful Israelite people seemed so deliberately willful. Would they ever learn? God could have given up on them completely, for they certainly didn't deserve His patience. But most shameful of all in looking at them is how they point us right back to ourselves! Praise God that His compassion for His sinning people throughout time causes Him to deal with us in love. His mercies keep coming to us renewed every morning. He has not changed, and He will never cast us aside as worthless. The discipline we receive serves to turn us back to Him. The psalmist recognized this when he said, "Before I was afflicted, I went astray, but now I obey your word. You are good, and what you do is good" (119:67-68).

Insight: "Great is thy faithfulness/ morning by morning new mercies I see./ All I have needed thy hand hath provided." (Thomas O. Chisholm, 1923)

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman

Date: April 10, 2019 at 12:03 AM
Topic: +DEV+ The Weight of Eternal Glory

The Weight of Eternal Glory

"Our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen." 2 Corinthians 4:17-18

Scripture Focus: 2 Corinthians 4

Medieval scientists studying alchemy tried desperately to transform base metals into gold. They were looking for an almost magical process by which to create more of the valuable treasure. But the apostle Paul had already discovered that God is the supreme and true alchemist! He can take afflictions that threaten to defeat and destroy us, turning them into an eternal glory that far outweighs our suffering. “He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver; he will purify [them] and refine them like gold” (Malachi 3:3). When we consider all that tortured Paul physically and emotionally, it is a wonder that he could call them “light and momentary troubles.” Yet that is what he knew his trials to be. He did not lose heart because he knew the Lord was renewing his spirit inwardly each day. God was taking the negative experiences of earthly life and transforming them into positive facets of glory. Jesus Christ, the divine alchemist, is working through the agonies of your life, too, refining you into a treasure like gold.

Insight: God will use all the impure materials of your life and transform them into something valuable, making you more like Christ.

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 05 Apr 2019, 5:14 pm

Date: April 4, 2019 at 1:33 PM

Topic: +DEV+  Which Way, Lord?

Which Way, Lord?

"How gracious he will be when you cry for help! , Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, This is the way; walk in it."  Isaiah 30:19, 21

Scripture Focus: Isaiah 30

I must admit there has been many a time I wish I could know the Lord's will by hearing a voice in my ear pointing me to which way I should go. Have you longed for that, too? Think of the way a GPS system works in your car. An unfamiliar city's rush hour traffic and other drivers zipping in and out of lanes intensify your frustration. You're lost. But then that electronic voice tells you when to take a left or a right. How wonderful to be told exactly how to proceed and where to go! God provides guidance to you today. He doesn't relieve you of the responsibility of making your way through the maze of life-complex and confusing as it may be-but He promises to be right beside you, like a GPS, only much better because He's guiding you not just to your next stop, but all the way Home. Though the promise in today's verse is addressed to Israel, we know that God will not leave His seeking, obeying child without direction. He is near. "Turn here," He whispers to our listening hearts. And we move ahead with confidence.

Insight: "I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul." (Psalm 143:8)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 04 Apr 2019, 2:12 pm

Date: April 1, 2019 at 1:49 AM

Topic: +DEV+  The God Who is Enough

The God Who is Enough

"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken."  Psalm 62:5-6

Scripture Focus: Psalm 62

Do you know someone you'd characterize as a godly person? Ever notice how uncomplicated his or her life appears to be? The person has a full schedule and heavy responsibilities, but he or she is no stranger to crushing trials. Yet beneath the surface stress, there is peace. How I long to have more of the rest that Psalm 62 speaks of in my own life. When we look to God to be the source of our rest and the solution to our fears, we discover that He is enough. We do not need to remain slaves to worry and anxiety. We can stop searching for people who will listen to our litany of problems; look to Jesus instead! Our trust will not have been misplaced when we put it in the One who is our rock, salvation, and fortress. Something is lost. Tell Him. You suffer from burnout. Tell Him. Disappointment has shattered your dreams. Tell Him. Make the Lord your sense of inner rest and strength, even while the world tells you to find inner peace in yourself. The answer is Jesus, the One who is enough to give rest to your soul today.

Insight: Have you tried to lean on the Lord while relying on earthly props at the same time? Trust fully in Him. He is enough!

Michael D. Inman

Date: April 2, 2019 at 2:13 AM

Topic: +DEV+  The Light of My Life

The Light of My Life

“The LORD is my light and my salvation-whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life-of whom shall I be afraid? ,Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear.” Psalm 27:1, 3a 

Scripture Focus: Psalm 27

The modern world has made significant advances in finding efficient ways to produce power. Among many other sources, we've learned to convert the sun's rays, the wind's power, and water's force into energy. Who knows what may be our cheapest and best power source in the future? David praises God in Psalm 27 for being his never-failing power source. Equally in times of calm and in times of turbulence, the Lord is David's constant light and salvation. Because of that, his fears melt away. You can almost hear David say to evil, "Bring on your worst! You can't scare me! I know my God will save me." That confidence in God's unfailing power grew out of David's heart desire: to stay close to the Lord. All he asked was to live in His presence, gaze on His beauty, and seek Him in His temple (vs. 4). Stop searching for new power sources for your aching spirit. Look to Jesus! David had every confidence in his ultimate power source. You can plug into Him too, finding quickly that He has turned your darkness into light.

Insight: Jesus Christ is the light of the world. Come into His light and live in His presence.

Michael D. Inman

Date: April 4, 2019 at 2:08 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Last Resort

Last Resort

"Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!"  Isaiah 30:18

Scripture Focus: Isaiah 30

Judah was in trouble. Sennacherib of Assyria intended to crush the nation. His army had swept through the land taking cities, gathering spoil and captives, and leaving devastation. Only Jerusalem was left. When King Hezekiah refused to surrender, Sennacherib waited outside the walled city to starve the people into submission. In time, Hezekiah paid off Sennacherib by stripping the city (and the temple) of much of its riches. But even then he feared the Assyrians would attack again. So he sent a delegation to Egypt to beg for an army of theirs to come and lend protection. These negotiations were not unknown to God. He sent His prophet Isaiah with a strong warning and with urging for Hezekiah and the people to put their trust in the Lord. Their security would not be found in an alliance with Egypt. Isaiah gave them God's assuring word, a message that also speaks to you and me today. "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength" (vs. 15). Let the Lord's compassion save you today.

Insight: "The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe." (Proverbs 18:10)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 29 Mar 2019, 1:43 pm

+DEV+  Read My Heart, Lord
Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:23 pm (PDT) . 
Date: March 28, 2019 at 10:21 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Read My Heart, Lord

Read My Heart, Lord

"We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express, the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will." Romans 8:26-27

Scripture Focus: Romans 8

My heart overflows when I present my prayer requests to the Lord. My list includes people for whom I care most deeply. I carry them on my heart and in my mind, yet most often I do not know exactly how to pray for them. Their lives at times are marked with staggering needs and complex problems. Honestly, sometimes I do not know how to pray about the situations I am facing in my own life. Words simply fall short. In those times, I cry out, "Lord, do whatever will accomplish your good purposes," or "Pour out your love, your wisdom, and your resources," or "Please glorify your name in this desperate circumstance." If that seems like a rather vague version of "presenting your requests to God," I would agree. Often the needs are so bewildering that we do not even know what to pray for. We are too nearsighted and earthbound to fathom how God would work in the difficulties of our lives. But the Holy Spirit is right there to meet us, listening to the groaning of our hearts and making sense of it all before the Lord.

Insight: The Holy Spirit interprets your desires and presents them to the Father for you.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 28 Mar 2019, 10:39 pm

Date: March 27, 2019 at 10:05 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Waiting for You

Waiting for You

"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20

Scripture Focus: Revelation 3

God has every right to enter our lives. After all, He created us. In making us in His own image, He gave us an immense capacity to know Him and find our delight in Him. But each of us is a part of the human race which is by nature estranged from God. Our wrongdoings separate us from the One who created us. In unfathomable love-love as of a parent who would go to the ends of the earth for his child - God provided a way for us to be reconciled to Him. Our finite minds can hardly grasp the depth of the price He paid: His own Son's life in exchange for ours so we might be made right with Him. He bids us to come in and eat with Him. Think of the table set before you at the Lord's Supper, the meal signifying that deep love. He can't help His never-stopping love. Twice we are His: made by His hand, and bought by His blood. But He is at one of two places today. Either He is standing at the door and knocking, or He has entered your life and you are enjoying fellowship with Him. Won't you let Him in? He is waiting just for you!

Insight: Jesus Christ Himself desires fellowship with you.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 28 Mar 2019, 12:21 am

Date: March 26, 2019 at 3:06 AM
Topic: +DEV+ His Seeking Heart

His Seeking Heart

"In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents." Luke 15:10 

Scripture Focus: Luke 15

Ten-year-old Teddy listened as his Sunday School teacher told the story of the shepherd who would not rest until he found his one lost sheep. "Jesus is like that shepherd," his teacher said. "He's looking for His lost ones. It doesn't matter how small the sheep is or how far it has wandered. Each one is immensely valuable to Him." It made Teddy think of the time he found his dog when it had been lost. He scooped it up and carried it all the way home because he was so happy to find it. Then he drew a picture of how he envisioned the joy in heaven when the Good Shepherd finds one of His lost ones. It's a picture I will always remember, showing the angels in many colors exuberantly doing gymnastics, their joy in a sinner come home expressed in a child's way. Who knows but that the angels are doing handsprings and backflips when a person comes to Christ! Jesus seeks after us and drags us to Him, and He Himself rejoices over us with singing. Thank Him today for loving you and seeking after you with all His heart.

Insight: "There's a new name written down in glory, and it's mine! and the white- robed angels sing the story, a sinner has come home." (C. AustiN Miles, 1910)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 26 Mar 2019, 1:11 pm

Date: March 26, 2019 at 3:06 AM

Topic: +DEV+  His Seeking Heart

His Seeking Heart

"In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents." Luke 15:10 

Scripture Focus: Luke 15

Ten-year-old Teddy listened as his Sunday School teacher told the story of the shepherd who would not rest until he found his one lost sheep. "Jesus is like that shepherd," his teacher said. "He's looking for His lost ones. It doesn't matter how small the sheep is or how far it has wandered. Each one is immensely valuable to Him." It made Teddy think of the time he found his dog when it had been lost. He scooped it up and carried it all the way home because he was so happy to find it. Then he drew a picture of how he envisioned the joy in heaven when the Good Shepherd finds one of His lost ones. It's a picture I will always remember, showing the angels in many colors exuberantly doing gymnastics, their joy in a sinner come home expressed in a child's way. Who knows but that the angels are doing handsprings and backflips when a person comes to Christ! Jesus seeks after us and drags us to Him, and He Himself rejoices over us with singing. Thank Him today for loving you and seeking after you with all His heart.

Insight: "There's a new name written down in glory, and it's mine! and the white- robed angels sing the story, a sinner has come home." (C. AustiN Miles, 1910)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 25 Mar 2019, 11:24 pm

Date: March 25, 2019 at 1:17 AM
Topic: +DEV+  My Shield

My Shield

"But you are a shield around me, O LORD; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head. To the LORD I cry aloud, and he answers me from his holy hill."  Psalm 3:3-4

Scripture Focus: Psalm 3

There may be periods in our lives when we fit so comfortably with a group of believers that their joy becomes our joy, their milestones become our milestones. And when disaster strikes, their suffering becomes our suffering. But in the heart of the storm, we find that "group faith" alone no longer holds up. As an individual, you desperately need a personal, intimate faith relationship with the Lord. You need a shield to protect you from pain and humiliation, a shield tailor-made for the particular battle you alone face. Who can make a customized shield in our time of emergency? God can! He comes as your Rescuer in precisely the way that is best for your personality and situation. He personally becomes your shield; you have Him all to yourself. Try to grasp that your Savior is available to you as if you alone were the object of His love and care. And, indeed, you are! He extends His promises to you today, promises that are for your good. Help will come, and as it does in His perfect timing, all the glory goes to Him.

Insight: Your Shield and Protector may not take you out of the battle you face, but He most assuredly will help you through it.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 21 Mar 2019, 7:11 pm

Date: March 19, 2019 at 11:41 PM

Topic: +DEV+. The Joy of Our Hearts

The Joy of Our Hearts

"How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! ,Your statutes are my heritage forever; they are the joy of my heart."  Psalm 119:103, 111

Scripture Focus: Psalm 119

Reading Psalm 119 is like stealing a look at a love letter. The writer of this beautiful psalm is almost euphoric in expressing his love for God's Word. He feasts on it, yet he hungers for more. He bathes in its fathomless wisdom, yet he longs to return to it. While it satisfies him, it also increases his desire to learn. From the Word he has gained wisdom that exceeds the knowledge of his teachers. That alone would seem to be enough. But he goes on to tell of blessings that surpass having his intellectual needs met. God's Word is worth more to him than gold, is better than a generous inheritance, and tastes better than the sweetest food he knows. Truly it fills his heart with joy. Would you be able to say that you feel similarly about God's Word? Or do those words seem ho-hum to you? Does the Bible you own sit unopened most days, collecting dust on the shelf? Go back to God's Word today. Read it with an open heart as the living God speaks to you through its pages. Let the joy of the Lord begin to fill you again.

Insight: How's your appetite? As you feast on the Word of God, you'll be filled to overflowing with joy that takes you beyond this world's troubles.

Michael D. Inman

Date: March 20, 2019 at 10:19 PM

Topic: +DEV+  Clean-Really Clean

Clean-Really Clean

"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves,. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."  1 John 1: 8-9

Scripture Focus: 1 John 1

My grandmother was our family stain expert. Whatever had soiled our cloths or table linens was brought under her carful  scrutiny. After analyzing the stain with her expertise, she prescribed the removal. Her only requirement was, "Bring it to me right away. Don't wait, and don't do anything to it before showing it to me. If you try to treat it, you may set the stain and make it impossible to remove." Grandmother was right, and her advice is a small picture paralleling God's remedy for the sin which soils our hearts. Bring it to Him right away before it takes root and sets itself in you. Perhaps you identify with David who describes the problems that come from living with the stain of sin. You feel like your bones are wasting away; your strength is sapped. You feel completely miserable until you finally admit the sin and stop trying to conceal it from God (vs. 5). Immediately God's forgiveness washes over you, restoring your joy. You are clean-really clean. And what has made you whole again? Nothing but the blood of Jesus!

Insight: When we confess our sins, the Lord can be counted on to forgive and cleanse us every single time.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 13 Mar 2019, 11:07 pm

Date: March 13, 2019 at 1:43 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Our Unseen Companion

Our Unseen Companion

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:19-20

Scripture Focus: Matthew 28

Jesus has given us a job to do. We are not left on earth solely to enjoy the benefits of our relationship with Him. He asks us to always be serving Him, spreading the good news of salvation throughout our planet. Some of us who are more mobile can go to the far reaches of the earth. Others of us will tell the gospel right here at home. As we fulfill the varied expressions of this mission, we experience Jesus' promise that He will be with us every step of the way. Whether this means we are off to Afghanistan, or Germany, or the gas station across the street, we are in the circumference of His promised presence. The way that you carry Christ to others may change dramatically throughout the course of your life. Yet every part of you-time, resources, talents, desires, can be used for the furthering of the gospel message. All of your prayer interests and delights of your heart are related to Christ's kingdom. Whether you go far away or never leave your town, you have the personal presence of your Savior traveling with you.

Insight: Ask the Lord to make the spread of His gospel a high priority in your life. You'll know Him as your traveling companion when you do!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 12 Mar 2019, 10:51 pm

Date: March 12, 2019 at 2:04 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Known and Loved

Known and Loved

"I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me-just as the Father knows me and I know the Father-and I lay down my life for the sheep."  John 10:14-15

Scripture Focus: John 10

An envelope arrived with my name and address neatly typed on it, a decorative stamp in the corner. I opened it and began to read the letter. The writer greeted me by name and then began, "Because of your interest in,…” I immediately assumed the writer remembered a recent conversation and was sending me the information I had requested. To the contrary! It was just a promotional mailer. My name was used, but I was not known at all. How different things are with our Good Shepherd! He speaks to the real person within, regarding each of us with our individualities. He knows our deepest longings and our highest aspirations. He knows our apathy and our exhaustion. Our bitter regrets, frustrated hopes, and secret dreams are all perfectly familiar to Him. While He knows the very best and worst in us, still He loves us. Our Good Shepherd has committed Himself to our daily care. He has not sent an empty letter; He has given us the gift of His rich, inspired, God- breathed Word through which we know Him more and more.

Insight: We can never know ourselves better than Christ knows us. We can never be loved more perfectly than He has loved us.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 11 Mar 2019, 10:11 pm

Date: March 11, 2019 at 1:52 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Living in Love

Living in Love

"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love."  John 15:9-10a

Scripture Focus: John 15

When Jesus speaks of love, He speaks in the past, the present, and the future. In the past His Father has loved Him and He has loved us. But now, in the present, we remain in the sphere of His perfect love. And in the future we will continue to be bathed in His love. Never has there been a time-nor will there ever be-when His love has not been perfect. Jesus tells us this (vs. 11) so that we may know complete joy through Him. I've seen many a struggling believer who finds memories of the past, troubles of today, and anxieties of the future robbing them of joy. Do not forget that the Lord has chosen you, has loved you with an everlasting love, and has laid down His life for you. And He backs it all up with this indisputable declaration of who He is: "'I am the Alpha and the Omega,' says the Lord God, 'who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty'" (Revelation 1:8). When we obey the Almighty and show love to those around us, we bear fruit that will last, flourishing in our God who has loved us and always will.

Insight: Our love- hungry hearts long to enjoy Christ's love to the full. We are satisfied when we obey Him and express love to others.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 06 Mar 2019, 7:31 pm

Date: March 6, 2019 at 12:29 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Surrounded

Surrounded

"Those who trust in the LORD are like Mount Zion, which cannot be shaken but endures forever. As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the LORD surrounds his people both now and forevermore."  Psalm 125:1-2

Scripture Focus: Psalm 125

A Bible teacher talked about decorating the entrance to his classroom and the hallway leading to it. "I want it to look like a fortress so that when the kids enter, they will feel they are absolutely safe. No matter what they are dealing with at home or with their peers, they can be assured of safety here. When they come in, they will be built up to leave later and face the world." In a similar way, God's people felt safe and protected in Jerusalem. The city was surrounded by mountains which the psalm writer saw as a picture of God reaching out to protect and shelter His own. Perhaps where you live there are mountains, hills, a forest, or something that surrounds and gives a feeling of being sheltered. We won't be able to avoid the experiences of life that buffet us and leave us feeling exposed or alone. Stress and pain will be part of life. But the Lord who loves us has placed us in a protected valley, surrounding us with His strong arms of love. Let the storms come while we are sheltered in His safe embrace.

Insight: Why keep trying to confront your problems alone? Rely on the Lord, your strong tower, to whom you can run and be safe.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 05 Mar 2019, 9:19 pm

Date: March 5, 2019 at 12:19 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Help, Lord!

Help, Lord!

"The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their cry. The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles."  Psalm 34:15, 17

Scripture Focus: Psalm 34

Right now, this very moment, a cruel and evil enemy is on the prowl. You may be his intended victim. "Be alert," we are warned. "Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour" (1 Peter 5:8). Temptation, the enemy's favorite tool, comes in many forms. The struggle demands our full concentration. Our resistance weakens just as our enemy hoped. We wear down, and it grows more and more difficult to shout out, "No!" Help is at hand, and His name is Jesus! Remind yourself of this truth from John's first New Testament letter: "The one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world" (John 4:4). We do not have to succumb to the devil. Also, be assured that the Lord's eyes are on us constantly. His ears are always tuned in to our cries. There is no panic when we try to get through on heaven's 911 emergency number. In fact, He knows our dilemma before we even state it. Put your trust in the only One who makes promises and keeps them. His grace and mercy will see you through.

Insight: Do you fear you cannot withstand temptation? On your own, you can't! Admit your weakness. Know that the God you call out to will rescue you.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 01 Mar 2019, 9:20 pm

Date: March 1, 2019 at 1:48 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Marked by Grace

Marked by Grace

"Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."  Hebrews 4:16

Scripture Focus: Hebrews 4

Failure! That word could be stamped across the lives of the children of Israel. Sometimes it would refer to their failure to perform. But more often, it would mark their failure to believe. God promised them spiritual fulfillment, but when the Israelites heard His Word, they did not listen with faith and failed to enter into the blessing God had for them. You and I know how much we fail, too. But we needn't be marked by a stamp across us that says "failure." When we hear His Word, we must listen with faith. And don't try to deceive yourself inwardly, turning away from His good instruction. You can't fool the Lord. The words of Scripture monitor our hearts, sifting our deepest, most subtle thoughts and attitudes. God's complete knowledge of us need not produce fear and shame. We have Jesus who stands in heaven on our behalf. We carry not the stamp that says "failure," but instead the banner over us proclaiming God's grace. The flame of our faith often burns feebly. But Jesus never turns His love and approval from us.

Insight: Christ invites us to come to Him with confidence so we can find grace in our moment of need.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 28 Feb 2019, 2:30 pm

Date: February 25, 2019 at 2:52 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Go with God's Blessing

Go with God's Blessing

"The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace." Numbers 6:24-26

Scripture Focus: Numbers 6

God's blessing for His people is in His presence. While He welcomes wanderers home, how much better and how sweet our fellowship when we stay in that place of blessing. "For God, who said, Let light shine out of darkness, made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ" (2 Corinthians 4:6). Living on this side of the cross, we know God's presence with us internally (through the Holy Spirit) as well as externally (through the Word and through creation). "And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit" (2 Corinthians 3:18). This is not complex and impractical––it is the hope we cling to. If you have met the God of the Bible personally, you are being conformed to Jesus' character. And all along the way- through the failures, successes, hardships, and joys-you'll know the deep, unconditional love of the One who gave His life for you. Go with His blessing!

Insight: A relationship with God in Jesus Christ will transform relationships and will bring others into His light.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 26 Feb 2019, 9:57 pm

Date: February 26, 2019 at 2:23 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Our Ever-Present Help

Our Ever-Present Help

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, The LORD Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress."  Psalm 46:1-2, 11

Scripture Focus: Psalm 46

Our hearts yearn for a life without trouble, but God does not guarantee that. What He does promise is that He will be our refuge and strength while we experience trouble. When we learn to count on Him, we will not be gripped by terror even in times of disaster. Services we depend on-cell phones, electricity, water, fire and police protection-may all fail. One resource remains untouched by catastrophe: God. Nothing can cut us off from Him. The psalm writer describes the worst: natural disasters on land and sea, international crises of war, and political upheavals. Sometimes it sounds alarmingly like today. But even when our tragedies reach beyond human intervention, our Savior is there. It's not that He comes running when you call on Him-He is already there even as the disaster strikes! And He's been there all along, not just as an onlooker or even as a compassionate rescue worker. He is your personal, secure refuge and strength. The God who stood by Jacob (deceitful and wayward as he often was) will stand by you, too.

Insight: No troubles in your life at the moment? Praise God for that, but also know that when the next trial does come, He is your refuge.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 25 Feb 2019, 11:54 pm

Date: February 25, 2019 at 2:52 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Go with God's Blessing

Go with God's Blessing

"The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace."  Numbers 6:24-26

Scripture Focus: Numbers 6

God's blessing for His people is in His presence. While He welcomes wanderers home, how much better and how sweet our fellowship when we stay in that place of blessing. "For God, who said, Let light shine out of darkness, made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ" (2 Corinthians 4:6). Living on this side of the cross, we know God's presence with us internally (through the Holy Spirit) as well as externally (through the Word and through creation). "And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit" (2 Corinthians 3:18). This is not complex and impractical––it is the hope we cling to. If you have met the God of the Bible personally, you are being conformed to Jesus' character. And all along the way- through the failures, successes, hardships, and joys-you'll know the deep, unconditional love of the One who gave His life for you. Go with His blessing!

Insight: A relationship with God in Jesus Christ will transform relationships and will bring others into His light.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 22 Feb 2019, 10:53 am

Date: February 22, 2019 at 1:10 AM

Topic: +DEV+  A Good Departure

A Good Departure

"Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes."  James 4:14

Scripture Focus: James 4

Do you give much thought to when your days on this earth will be over? You probably do, the older you get. As loved ones are taken by cancer, car accidents, old age, heart attacks, etc., the reality of the James passage weighs in. With that in mind, think of all that Jesus did before leaving this earth. He prayed for His disciples (John17:17). He spoke to them of hope (John 14:26). He gave work instructions (Matthew 28:20). He provided for his mother (John 19:27). He alerted His followers about the future (Matthew 24:24-25). He promised to prepare new dwelling places for believers (John 14:2). He said He would return (John 14:3). It surely would be good if we too made provisions for our loved ones for after we have departed. Deliberate planning can make an agonizing time for families less painful. But of all the forethought you could give to earthly matters, nothing is of greater consequence than knowing where your soul will be for eternity. With all your heart, turn to Jesus, the One who gave His life for you. It will be the best thing you've ever done––for this life and the next.

Insight: "What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul?" (Mark 8:36)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 21 Feb 2019, 11:16 pm

Date: February 21, 2019 at 12:28 AM

Topic: +DEV+  On Track

On Track

"In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence."  Ephesians 3:12

Scripture Focus: Ephesians 3

Suppose you're taking a train trip and the conductor comes by your seat looking worried, telling you the engineer has decided to experiment with personal freedom. He says, "When he gets to the next sharp curve, instead of slowing down, he will accelerate in order to be free from the track." You would not be pleased! For a train, freedom is staying on the track; getting off is only an illusion of freedom and will bring catastrophe. As we grow older, we realize that true freedom does not mean "do what you want." Believers in Christ know that freedom is staying on the track laid out for us in the Bible. Conformity to Christ's character is God's desire for every Christian. When we see Him in His humanity, we know Him more. If someone wants to know what God is like, we point them to Jesus. His life shows us how to treat one another, and His law actually frees us to live as we were meant to live. Praise God we have a loving Father whom we can approach freely and confidently. He's paid for your ticket and will safely lead you home.

Insight: Stay on track for a good finish!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 20 Feb 2019, 10:41 pm

Date: February 20, 2019 at 12:26 AM

Topic: +DEV+  The "Luck of the Pot"

The "Luck of the Pot"

"They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer."  Acts 2:42

Scripture Focus: Acts 2

Sometimes smaller churches, including ours, maintain a tradition that has lasted through generations: the church potluck. These dinners started out with each family bringing its "house specialty," a dish nobody else could make quite as well-or so the compliments shared at the meal would have it. What ended up comprising the meal was the "luck of the pot." That original concept of the church potluck is a good illustration of mutual ministry among believers. Each person brings his or her specialty, a combination of abilities and experiences that nobody else quite duplicates. The gifts the Holy Spirit gives come together in a wonderful array of specialties all designed to minister. Usually, some degree of organization is needed, as with the potluck dinner, so that there will be balance. But the Lord who has planned it all is creating a feast of gifts so that His people are reached, ministered to, and nourished in ways we never could have dreamed up ourselves. And in His providence, there is no "luck" involved at all!

Insight: "And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds." (Hebrews 10:24)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 19 Feb 2019, 9:00 pm

Date: February 19, 2019 at 12:47 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Your Pastor-Shepherd

Your Pastor-Shepherd

"Be shepherds of God's flock that is under your care, serving as overseers-not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not greedy for money, but eager to serve."  1 Peter 5:2

Scripture Focus: 1 Peter 5

Whether you are on your own, are a spouse in a marriage, or are a part of a growing and larger family, you will benefit from the nurture and care of a godly pastor. Solid pastors proclaim the gospel, believe in the authority of Scripture, and model Christ. They are not flawless people, but they are indeed charged to look out for the spiritual growth of their flock. Pastors not only teach us of God's unbreaking, forever love for His people, but also they expose us to the Bible's sharp edges that cut through our sin and self- reliance. Gathering in a church building for a few hours one day of every week is becoming counter- cultural in today's world. People are more apt to sing the praises of themselves rather than sing actual praises to a God they cannot see. Submitting to the teaching of a good pastor seems to go against a popular humanist philosophy that says, "I will be persuaded by no man." As you surrender your life to the Good Shepherd, pray for and care for the pastor- shepherds God has placed you under.

Insight: Let the idea of a yearly pastor appreciation time carry over to the days and weeks all year long. Your spiritual leaders reflect the Good Shepherd.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next