World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» ABOUT Farm Fresh Eggs & Chickens
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 33 EmptyYesterday at 11:57 pm by Admin

»  "Bring Them Home" protests heat up,
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 33 EmptyYesterday at 11:50 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 33 EmptyYesterday at 11:12 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 33 EmptyYesterday at 10:58 pm by Admin

» IsraelAM
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 33 EmptyYesterday at 10:50 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 33 EmptyYesterday at 10:46 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 33 EmptyYesterday at 10:39 pm by Admin

» AISH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 33 EmptyYesterday at 10:18 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 33 EmptyYesterday at 10:02 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 33 EmptyYesterday at 9:49 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 33 EmptyYesterday at 9:12 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 33 EmptyYesterday at 9:07 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 33 EmptyYesterday at 9:04 pm by Admin

» Whose Land know the truth
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 33 EmptyYesterday at 6:57 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 33 EmptyYesterday at 6:47 pm by Admin

» OBAMA AGAIN
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 33 EmptyYesterday at 6:45 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 33 EmptyYesterday at 1:21 am by Admin

» The Risks of (AI) Artificial Intelligence
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 33 EmptyYesterday at 12:37 am by Admin

» A Lenten Prayer to Bring Beauty from Ashes - Easter Devotional - March 17
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 33 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 9:50 pm by Admin

» CONTROVERSIAL TOPIC
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 33 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 5:54 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 33 Empty Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Post  Admin Wed 22 Apr 2015, 4:30 pm

Date: April 22, 2015 12:56 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Rejoice In The Lord Always

Rejoice In The Lord Always

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! (Philippians 4:4)
Scripture Focus: Philippians 4

If your like me, you are thinking, "Paul, how can you expect me to rejoice in my current circumstances? You can't possibly know what I'm going through." If you read 2 Corinthians 11 or Acts 16, you will see that the Apostle Paul did indeed understand trials and suffering. Yet through all of his suffering, he had joy. In fact, the words for "joy" and "rejoice" appear 16 times in this short letter which Paul wrote from prison! 

Where does this joy and rejoicing come from? Would I have been marked by that kind of joy through all of my years in prison? Paul urges us that, "Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure...think about such things" (vs.8-9). Jesus is truth incarnate. Jesus is noble; He is the King of kings. Jesus is right; He is the Righteous One. Jesus is pure as the Lamb of God without spot or blemish. If you want to have joy and rejoicing, follow Paul's example and meditate on Christ and what He has done for you. "The God of peace will be with you" (vs. 9).

Insight: Peace and joy come from a life that is grounded in Christ, focused on Christ and lived for Christ.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in urgent need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman

- "Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." John Stuart Mill, 1867
- "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson
 - "If the First Amendment fails, use the Second one."
"My Angel disguised as my Shadow goes before me"!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 33 Empty Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Post  Admin Tue 31 Mar 2015, 12:48 pm

Date: March 30, 2015 7:55 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Now I See

Now I See

"One thing I do know. I was blind but now I see!" (John 9:25B)

Scripture Focus: John 9

Jesus gave a man who was born blind the physical ability to see. Soon after, Jesus also gave him spiritual sight revealing that Jesus was the Son of Man. Without hesitation the man worshipped Him. The Pharisees refused to believe that the man had been blind and could now see, just as they did not believe that Jesus was their Messiah. Maybe to them Jesus just seemed too good to be true. They refused to move beyond the limits of their natural reasoning to accept that what they most desired was right before them. The One who embodied all their hopes had come, yet they did not recognize Him. They could not see. 

Paul taught the Corinthians about the inability to see spiritually. He said it was as if a veil covered the people's hearts so that their minds were dull. They did not have a revelation of the truth. "But," Paul said, "whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away" (2 Corinthians 3:16). Spiritually, we too were born blind. When we accept Jesus as Lord, our eyes are opened!

Insight: "The Lord gives sight to the blind." (Psalm 146:8A)

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman

- "Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." John Stuart Mill, 1867
- "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 25 Mar 2015, 7:52 pm

Date: March 23, 2015 8:53 PM
Topic: +DEV+  The Search For Truth

The Search For Truth

"Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him." (John 14:21)

Scripture Focus: John 7:1-31

When the one who is taking those first steps out of darkness into light begins to search earnestly for truth, it's natural to want to have proof; to know from personal experience and then make a firm commitment to accept it as fact. Don't we all want to see first and then believe? 

The people listening to Jesus teach were struggling to decide whether He could be their Messiah, the anointed One for whom they were waiting. They recognized His amazing knowledge of spiritual things; they witnessed the miracles He performed; yet their religious leaders denounced Him as an imposter. 

The solution Jesus offered contradicted logic: yield your will to God's, and then you'll know what is true. Our way is to "know" first and then choose to surrender our will to His. Might it be time to toss logic aside and choose to believe and obey Him? Watch how He proves Himself to you! If you are searching, may this be the year Jesus reveals Himself to you, so that you will never doubt His divinity, but will know Him as Lord.

Insight: We have Jesus' word: "I am the way and the truth and the life."  (John 14: 6A) 

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 04 Mar 2015, 8:00 pm

Date: March 3, 2015 3:21 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Rescued From Darkness

Rescued From Darkness

"For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins." (Colossians 1:13)

Scripture Focus: 1 Thessalonians 5:1-11

In C. S. Lewis' The Silver Chair, the Earthmen lived in the darkness of the Deep Realm without hope of a new life in the Overworld. Until the evil power was destroyed, for them there were no sun, stars, or Overworld, although these did exist. The queen of the Deep Realm wanted her subjects to think that what they experienced was all there was. 

Lewis reveals the temptation of any human heart - one regenerated in Jesus or not - to believe that our surface experiences are all that matter. Earthmen that we are, we often are busy, living daily with no expectation of anything more than this natural realm offers. And as there was for Lewis' characters, there is an intense battle for us to be delivered from the enemy's lies and to realize there is more than our physical senses reveal. 

Jesus gave His life to free us from a dark, hopeless place. He said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life" (John 8:12). Will you walk in His light this New Year?

Insight: The whole world was lost in the darkness of sin, the light of the world is Jesus! (Philip P. Bliss, 1838-1876)

Begin forwarded message:

> Please, keep our daughter Leticha in prayer. She is really having an 
 hard time these last several days and it has really bothered her 
 today. I can't really say what is going on, until she sees a 
 doctor. But I believe she is having a reaction to one of her 
 medications again, which is causing her to have anxiety and panic 
 attacks, she also has been having alot of hip pain and leg cramps. > I'll give you an update as soon as we know more, until then she needs > alot of prayer to get through these episodes that comes out of know 
 where at her.
 Anita

The Bible; When you carry "the Bible", Satan has a headache, when you 
 open it, he collapses, when he sees you reading it, he loses his 
 strength, AND when you stand on the Word of God, Satan can't hurt you!
 ~
 Maranatha
 Lord Come Quickly

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 13 Feb 2015, 10:39 pm

Date: February 12, 2015 1:25 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Adoption

Adoption

"He predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will."  Ephesians 1:5

Scripture Focus: Ephesians 1:1-14

Think of an orphaned child welcomed into a caring family. The child may have survived alone for years. Now he is warm, fed, bathed, clothed, protected and loved. Before we receive Jesus as our Savior, spiritually we are orphaned. We're exposed to Satan's cruelty, buffeted by evil without defense. But after we've been adopted as sons of God through Jesus, Paul declares that we are redeemed, forgiven, blessed with every spiritual blessing, and guaranteed an inheritance. 

Like the child whose life has been altered so drastically he can scarcely fathom his new circumstances, the one newly received into the family of God faces a huge learning curve. To realize he has the full rights of a child of God is mind-boggling. One day at a time the mercies and privileges that are now his unfold. And what an exciting revelation it is! There's no trial period to see whether he will measure up. He is embraced by the household and, like every other member, has access to unlimited resources to meet his every need.

Insight: I’m so glad I’m a part of the family of God. (William J. and Gloria Gaither, 1970)

Michael D. Inman

Date: February 13, 2015 2:17 AM
Topic: +DEV+  A Transformed Mind

A Transformed Mind

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind."  Romans 12:2A

Scripture Focus: Philippians 4:4-9

The move from one culture to another involves many changes. In the spiritual realm, as new believers we welcome the transition from the kingdom of darkness to God's kingdom of light. We have stepped into an awesome new world. But, physically, we still live in this natural world where everything we're confronted with is definitely not of God. 

Though we're aware of what is happening around us, our focus needn't be on the bad news. The Apostle Paul told Jesus' followers to think about admirable, excellent, praiseworthy things. That requires a deliberate choice to look beyond our difficult circumstances, knowing that better things are coming in the future with Christ. Even now we have the power of God moving on our behalf. 

"Let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think" (Romans 12:2, The New Living Translation). The way you think determines your actions. May your thoughts and actions spring from the goodness of Jesus who gave His admirable, excellent, praiseworthy life for you.

Insight:  "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:7)

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 11 Feb 2015, 10:06 pm

Date: February 11, 2015 2:28 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Our Ultimate Make-Over! 

Our Ultimate Make-Over! 

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"  2 Corinthians 5:17

Scripture Focus: 2 Corinthians 5:17, 6:2

We've all seen pretty amazing before-and-after pictures in magazines or on television of people who've had a make-over of some kind. While usually striking, the changes only alter a person's outward appearance. When someone accepts Christ, he becomes a new person from the inside out. That has to be the ultimate make-over! 

Forgiveness replaces guilt and condemnation. Turmoil and confusion give way to peace. Rather than always searching for something we can't even define, we are satisfied and content. The Holy Spirit takes up residence within us, and the qualities He brings with Him include "love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control" (Galatians 5:22-23). As these attributes of the new man grow in us, the fears, anxiety and stress that could overtake us in the past lose their strength. What an exchange! It's one that surely is of more worth than what is available at a high-end boutique or salon. Besides, this new look will remain in style for eternity.

Insight: A new look for your clothing or hair could be great. But the transformation of a heart turned to Jesus is the ultimate!

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 11 Feb 2015, 12:34 am

Date: February 9, 2015 11:20 PM
Topic: +DEV+  God Is Faithful

God Is Faithful

"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful."  Hebrews 10:23 

Scripture Focus: Joshua 14:6-14

I love Caleb's declaration in Numbers 13:30: "We should go up and take possession of the land, for we can certainly do it”. While Moses' other scouts reported discouraging words about Canaan, Joshua and Caleb told the people not to fear. 

Israel would not face the strong people of Canaan alone. But if they ignored the power and victory God offered them, they would never defeat Canaan. 

Forty-five years later, Caleb still knew and stated that God brought the victory. He and his descendants were blessed to possess the Promised Land. The wait may have been longer than they'd envisioned, but God's purposes for His people prevailed. 

The long account of the Israelites' journey from Egypt and slavery into the Promised Land is more than just a good story. It is a picture for us not only of our own prolonged wanderings, but also of how the Lord continues faithfully with us, too. Year in and year out, whether our plans have come to be or not, our faithful God goes before us. Let's hold unswervingly to Him.

Insight:  "The one who calls you is faithful and He will do it." (1 Thessalonians 5:24)

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 09 Feb 2015, 11:20 pm

Date: February 9, 2015 2:31 AM
Topic: +DEV+  You Are Our Father’s Delight

You Are Our Father’s Delight

"The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."   Zephaniah 3:17 

Scripture Focus: Numbers 13:17-33

The image of a little guy in my Sunday School class is embedded in my memory. To see the joy on his mom's face as he joined the others in our picnic game was grand. In spite of outgoing parents and siblings, he was uncomfortable in most social situations. On this occasion he was laughing and having fun. Although the shyness soon engulfed him again, I'd seen his mother delight in him at that moment. 

Regardless of age, we are God's kids. Like children we make mistakes when we try new things. We often fall short. We fail. But the Lord takes delight in us, rejoicing over us whether we are soaring in accomplishment or wallowing in despair. Our God loves us unconditionally, no matter what we do. 

Does your life feel like you're wasting 40 years circling the same mountain, Israelite style? Fears mounted as the Israelites learned the Promised Land was full of giants. Take a few steps, even if you stumble. Our Lord - greater than any giant and all our fears - will pick you up and take pleasure in you, His child.

Insight: The Lord of all creation will take great delight in you!

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 04 Feb 2015, 11:08 pm

Date: February 3, 2015 10:14 PM
Topic: +DEV+  A New Thing

A New Thing

"See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." Isaiah 43:19

Scripture Focus: Isaiah 43:15-21

Sometimes it's hard to let go of the past and move forward. We want to grasp all the good things ahead of us without releasing what feels safe and familiar. Before long we'll find ourselves in a place of moldy manna, clinging too tightly to what we perceive brings us comfort. When we willingly move on with Jesus, we aren't losing what He has already given us. We're building on it and embracing a greater understanding of Him and His ways. 

With God, Israel moved out of the bondage in Egypt through desert trials into the land of promise. They often wished they could just forgo the adventure altogether and return to slavery. How life under such oppression could seem better than the future God planned baffles us. Yet is has a familiar ring to it. 

Our prospects take on a whole new dimension when we hang on to the One who knows the way, provides all we need and keeps us safe. Rather than a plunge into the frightening unknown, our journey becomes an adventure with our strong, loving Father.

Insight: My Lord knows the way through the wilderness. (Sidney E. Cox)

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 03 Feb 2015, 9:51 pm

Date: February 3, 2015 12:19 AM
Topic: +DEV+  I Am Doing A New Thing

I Am Doing A New Thing
"See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." Isaiah 43:19

Scripture Focus: Isaiah 43:15-21

Sometimes it's hard to let go of the past and move forward. We want to grasp all the good things ahead of us without releasing what feels safe and familiar. Before long we'll find ourselves in a place of moldy manna, clinging too tightly to what we perceive brings us comfort. When we willingly move on with Jesus, we aren't losing what He has already given us. We're building on it and embracing a greater understanding of Him and His ways. 

With God, Israel moved out of the bondage in Egypt through desert trials into the land of promise. They often wished they could just forgo the adventure altogether and return to slavery. How life under such oppression could seem better than the future God planned baffles us. Yet is has a familiar ring to it. 

Our prospects take on a whole new dimension when we hang on to the One who knows the way, provides all we need and keeps us safe. Rather than a plunge into the frightening unknown, our journey becomes an adventure with our strong, loving Father.

Insight: My Lord knows the way through the wilderness. (Sidney E. Cox)

Michael D. Inman

Please, pray along with us that the Lord will bring a christian friend into (our daughter) Leticha's life.  

Someone who would enjoy being with her, listening to music, watching movies etc.  Just to do things.  Right now she doesn't have anyone like this, and she is so lonely. Depressed and at times have anxiety problems.  She is looking into First Assembly's young adult class, to find some young adults her age, to be around, and maybe find a friend.

She also has alot of pain still from the surgery she had back in Sept.  She had a Cat Scan last week, but it showed nothing was wrong. 
But something isn't right and it bothers her alot that she can't do much because of it.  

So that doesn't help her either.  So please to continue to lift her up in both of these areas.  If anyone here in the Rolla area knows of anyone that needs a friend also and wouldn't mind meeting her and maybe become friends over time, let me know. 
She is 33, but doesn't look 33, she still looks and acts sometimes younger than that.   And for the ones out of the Rolla area, maybe someone who could talk to her on Facebook, or to email her and talk to her that way.  Either way, just let me know.
Thanks,
Anita Inman

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 24 Jan 2015, 12:31 am

Date: January 22, 2015 10:10 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Building On The Rock

Building On The Rock

"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock."  Matthew 7:24

Scripture Focus: Psalm 62

Children in our little community of Sligo, who lived across the creek from the school had to use the bridge on the main road. When the river froze in winter, it was tempting for those whose homes were directly across from the school to walk over on the ice rather than trudge to the North end and backtrack several miles, especially when running late. The ice could be rock-solid, but then it could be treacherous following even a brief thaw. Two of my first-grade classmates learned this when the ice gave way and they fell into the frigid water. Thankfully, they were rescued, and it was a while before anyone risked the shortcut again. 

Sometimes life can feel like we're stepping onto thin ice. But with our trust solidly in our Savior, what we step onto will be firm and safe. His Word is our guide. Psalm 62 tells us to remember two things about our Lord: that He is strong and that He is loving. We can move forward in faith this New Year, knowing that He is our Rock and Fortress, and we will not be shaken.

Insight: On Christ, the solid rock, I stand!  (Edward Mote, 1834)

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 20 Jan 2015, 9:23 pm

Date: January 20, 2015 12:52 AM
Topic: +DEV+  But In These Last Days...

But In These Last Days...

"...but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe." Hebrews 1:2

Scripture Focus: Hebrews 1

Another year has come to an end, and the God of the Bible continues to reveal Himself to mankind through time, first with "In the beginning..." and then "...in these last days." He arranges all things; He orders all things; He appoints all things. The psalmist writes, "all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be" (Psalm 139:16). 

The time is short, and "this world in its present form is passing away" (1 Corinthians 7:31). But in these "last days" God has "spoken to us by his Son" and He "determined the times" so that "men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us" (Acts 17:27-28). 

Is this the LORD's appointed time for you? Do you see that He is not far from you? "Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near. Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man his thoughts. Let him turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on him, and to our God, for he will freely pardon" (Isaiah 55:6).

Insight:  "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."  (Jeremiah 29:13)

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 20 Jan 2015, 12:01 am

Date: January 19, 2015 1:47 AM
Topic: +DEV+  The Law Leads to Christ

The Law Leads to Christ

"So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith."  Galatians 3:24 

Scripture Focus: Galatians 3; Romans 8:2-4

God gave the Law to Israel not to make them healthy or spiritual or righteous, but to convict them of sin. The Law was given so that they would see the "sinfulness of sin" (Romans 7:13). It was given so they could clearly see their imperfections. It was given so they would see their need for Jesus the Jewish Messiah. 

The Law of Moses could never save.  "...no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin" (Romans 3:20). But the Law, and the shadows it contained, pointed Israel to her Redeemer. 

When Paul wrote Galatians 3, he would have had in mind the role of the most trusted household servant. This trusted servant would lead the master's children safely to school, while guiding and protecting them. In the same way God's Law is not our final destination; it is God's trusted servant who leads us to Messiah. Allow it to lead you to Jesus, so you can be cleansed from sin and strengthened to live for Him. Come to 
Jesus today!

Insight:  "The law detects, grace alone conquers sin."  (Saint Augustine Of Hippo)

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 16 Jan 2015, 4:54 pm

Date: January 15, 2015 11:06 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Rejoice In The Lord Always

Rejoice In The Lord Always

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!"  Philippians 4:4

Scripture Focus: Deuteronomy 16:13-16

After the final harvest was gathered, the Feast of Tabernacles became a time of great rejoicing in Israel. And the joy was not optional, for the Lord said "Be joyful at your Feast..." (Deuteronomy 16:14). This appointed time was a season of thanksgiving in Israel, and they had much to be thankful for. 

Rejoicing in the Lord is not dependent on our circumstances or surroundings. It is not dependent on the size of our 401K or the house we live in. It is not dependent on our position or our physical appearance. It is dependent on our relationship with Jesus Christ. Though we may face the greatest challenges, trusting in Christ, we can rejoice in the Lord! 

"... for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength" (Philippians 4:11-13).

Insight: Rejoice and be thankful for his love; there is no greater treasure.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 14 Jan 2015, 11:45 pm

Date: January 13, 2015 7:33 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Do You Depend on God?

Do You Depend on God?

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"  Matthew 6:26

Scripture Focus: Deuteronomy 8:1-6; Ephesians 3:20

The appointed time of the Feast of Tabernacles comes with the command for all of Israel to dwell in booths for seven days (Leviticus 23:42-43). These temporary, vulnerable shelters were to remind Israel of God's faithfulness during their 40 years of wandering in the wilderness after their exodus from Egypt These booths symbolized man's need to depend on God entirely for His provision of food, water and shelter. 

The nation of Israel wandered in the wilderness with little or no possessions. Every step of the way they had to depend totally on God to provide and meet their needs. Isn't it interesting that when we have little in the way of material possessions, we have great dependence on God? When we have much, it is easy to forget Him. 

God tested Israel to show them what was truly in their hearts. He said to them, "Be careful that you do not forget the LORD your God" (Deuteronomy 8:11). Do we depend on God, in good times and bad? "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you" (1 Peter 5:7).

Insight: No soul can be really at rest until it has... been forced to depend on the Lord alone.  (Hannah Whitall Smith)

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 13 Jan 2015, 8:53 pm

Date: January 12, 2015 10:06 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Are You Holy?

Are You Holy?
"I am the LORD who brought you up out of Egypt to be your God; therefore be holy, because I am holy." Leviticus 11:45

Scripture Focus: Leviticus 19:2; 1 Peter 1:13-23

Our God is a God of grace. He calls us to be holy yet realizes that on our own we could never maintain His perfect standard. So in His unending compassion and mercy, He provides a sacrificial system and a day for atonement to be made. But we needed something more...something better. The Old Testament sacrifices could never cleanse a man from within. Animal sacrifices could never cleanse the conscience, and they could never do anything for a person's heart. 

Jesus didn't need to keep offering His sacrifice year after year. In one moment in time, with one act of perfect love, God gave us exactly what we required to stand complete and holy before Him. Jesus the Messiah "did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, having obtained eternal redemption" (Hebrews 9:12). "For Christ did not enter a man-made sanctuary that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God's presence" (Hebrews 9:24).

Insight: "Man may dismiss compassion from His heart, but God never will." (William Cowper)

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 12 Jan 2015, 3:08 pm

Date: January 11, 2015 9:56 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Sin's Atonement
Sin’s Atonement

"For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one's life." Leviticus 17:11

Scripture Focus: Leviticus 23:26-32; Hebrews 10

The 10th day of the Hebrew month of Tishri is the holiest and most somber day for Jewish people. Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement, is the appointed time given by God when Jewish people could seek atonement and forgiveness for their sins. It is a day of reckoning and a day, believed by Jews, to determine their fate for the coming year. 

The Hebrew word for "atonement" in the Bible means a "covering." On the Day of Atonement sins could be "covered over" by the shedding of blood sprinkled on the only place atonement could be made: the mercy seat atop the Ark of the Covenant in the Holy of Holies (Leviticus 16). 

The repeated covering up sins would leave us all longing for a sacrifice that would be enough, once and for all. Could the "covering up" of sins from one year to the next truly remove those sins from us? Could the blood of bulls and goats really cleanse us? Or would it just cover sins for a time? "The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming - not the realities themselves" (Hebrew 10:1).

Insight: "The beginning of atonement is the sense of its necessity." (LORD BYRON)

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 08 Jan 2015, 11:32 pm

Date: January 7, 2015 9:11 PM
Topic: +DEV+  The Trumpet Call

The Trumpet Call
"And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other." Matthew 24:31

Scripture Focus: 1 Corinthians 15:51,52;  1 Thessalonians 4:16,17

There were three reasons why the trumpet was blown in ancient Israel: to sound an alarm, to call the people to assembly, and at the coronation of a new king. Do you remember God's appointed times are only "pictures" or "shadows" of things to come? The alarm is sounding right now, and He is calling all people to repentance. The King will be crowned and Messiah Jesus will sit on the throne of David as King of kings and Lord of lords. And He will rule the nations. 

The great Feast of Trumpets given to Israel will one day have its final fulfillment for all those who have placed their faith in the completed work of the Jewish Messiah, Jesus. Are you listening for God's trumpet call? Will you recognize the sound? If you are "in" Christ then one day you will "be changed - in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed." Just imagine - we who have heard the trumpet call will be with the Lord for all eternity.

Insight: Death has been swallowed up in victory!

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 31 Dec 2014, 9:52 pm

Date: December 30, 2014 10:54 PM
Topic: +DEV+  God Will Provide
God Will Provide
"So Abraham called that place The LORD Will Provide. And to this day it is said, 'On the mountain of the LORD it will be provided.'" (Genesis 22:14)
Scripture Focus: Genesis 22

Jewish tradition taught us that the sacrifice of Isaac took place on the Feast of Trumpets, and the Akedat Yitzchak (literally the Binding of Isaac) has become the focal point of the synagogue liturgy on this appointed time. After 25 years of waiting, God finally gave Abraham and Sarah a son and then "some time later" He said to Abraham, "Take your son, your only son, Isaac, whom you love, and go to the region of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains I will tell you about" (Genesis 22:2). 

"Where is the lamb for the burnt offering?" Isaac asked his father. Can we even imagine what Abraham must have felt? His beloved Isaac, the child of "promise," his "only son!" But God, who always provides for His people, provided the lamb for a burnt offering so that Isaac would live. Likewise, God provides the Lamb of God - Jesus Christ - as the sin offering so that those who believe in Him may live forever (John 1:29; Mark 10:45). He is Jehovah Jireh, the God who provides.

Insight: He knows what we need before we ask. He has provision ready for us.

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 30 Dec 2014, 8:11 pm

Date: December 29, 2014 10:39 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Pt 11. Soul Care:  Time Facts
Pt 11. Soul Care:
TIME FACTS

. . . There is a dichotomy in many Christian minds.   Did you ever say by word or deed,  "I can give my life to Christ, but not my time"?  This is disastrous.  If your life is truly God's, then your time is totally his.
This presents a problem, because most of us complain that we do not have enough time to do all we ought to do (another deception of the devil).  Instead, consider some facts about time:

1.  There is enough time to do all you ought to do.  God knows there are only 24 hours in each day and 168 in every week.  He puts them there, so he would be unreasonable to expect more of you than you have time to do.  And God is never unreasonable!
2.  There is not enough time to do all you want to do or other people expect you to do.  You have to make a choice.
3.  Everything worthwhile takes time.  Relationships take time to build and keep healthy.  Christianity involves our relationships with God and others.
4.  If you choose to do what you ought to do, you will not have time to do what you should not do.  The best way to keep from evil is to do good.
5.  You have the same amount of time as anybody else, including the President of the United States.
6.  The way you spend "free time" (the time you have a choice about) is a good indication of your value system, what you think is important.

You have been spending every bit of your time now - 168 hours every week of your life  - exchanging it for something every time you use it.  By how you regularly spend it, you have established a lifestyle.
Growing as a person is always a result of what you do with your time.  Your soul's growth will be implemented by a change in your lifestyle, a change in how you use each precious moment.  

CONCLUSION     
No time = No soul care
Quality time - Quality soul care

Are you prepared to pay the price?

~~~
From the book: 
'Soul Care'
By Peter Lord

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 29 Dec 2014, 3:47 pm

Date: December 28, 2014 11:52 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Pt 10. Soul Care:  Making And Taking Time & Habits And Time

Pt 10. Soul Care:
Making and Taking Time &
Habits and Time

. . .You are going to have to make time and take time by strength of will if you want quality time for your soul care.  This, too, involves choice.  To "make time," you plan it into your schedule, giving certain matters top priority.  This really means taking time, because you cannot make more time than there is.  There are only twenty-four hours a day to spend.  To "take time" means to give up something else you have been doing.  Time cannot be manufactured, borrowed, or saved.  It is only spent.

Most of us have habits, established ways of spending our time.  Whether good or bad, these habits become binding behavior patterns.  To change a habit is not easy.  It takes willpower, effort, and time (perhaps six weeks of concentration) to replace an old habit with a new one.  The hardest part of starting anything new and different is giving up the old.
To take time for the kingdom of God within us is to seize it by force.  This is part of what Jesus meant when he said, "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and violent men take it by force." (Matt. 11:12).
Soul care means quality time, demands quality time, is worthy of quality time, and cannot take place without quality time.
The main this is
to keep THE MAIN THING
the main thing!. . . .
~~~

From the book: 
'Soul Care'
By Peter Lord

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 26 Dec 2014, 1:53 pm

Date: December 24, 2014 11:42 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Pt 8. Soul Care: Soul Care Takes Time

Pt 8 Soul Care:
SOUL CARE TAKES TIME

. . . ."Regularity is a law of spirituality," writes DeVern Fromke. In fact, regularity is a law for all growing, healthy life forms. Eating regularly, exercising regularly, and sleeping regularly are necessary for maximum physical health. A child cannot make himself grow even one inch. But if he accepts his parents' will that he eat and exercise properly, he will reach his growth potential.

We cannot maintain spiritual health by occasional and irregular exercises for the soul. That takes time, of course, that four-letter word tied to discipline of any type. It is a word that we rarely want to hear, but it is not optional.

Yes, soul care takes time - quality time. I can hear you screaming, "I don't have enough time as it is, and you are asking for more?" Sorry, but that is the way it is.

It takes time to do anything, especially anything worthwhile - to take care of your car, to take care of your home, to take care of your body. If you are not prepared to take time, soul care will never happen. Think of it like this: Once you give your life to Christ, you are really giving your time to him. Life is time, but you can choose whether it will be productive time.

Making a reasonable assumption that God granted you life for sixty-seven years, how would you spend it? An average person spends it like this:

Three years getting an education
Eight years recreating and relaxing
Six years eating
Five years riding in a car
Four years talking
Fourteen years working
Three years reading
Twenty-four years sleeping

How much time do you give God? If you went to church weekly and prayed for five minutes every morning and evening, you would be giving only five months to God - five months out of sixty-seven years.

"Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is Sabbath of the Lord your God. . ." (Exodus 20:8-10). It is significant that in a document as important as the Ten Commandments, God referred to a division of time. This basic guideline is that six days be spent for the physical and material elements of life and one day be devoted to the spiritual realm.

Because God knows he placed us in a physical world with a physical body needing care, he allotted a considerable amount of time for this. But he knew how easy it would be for us to be taken up with these physical demands, so he commanded us to set aside time for the spiritual self: one-seventh, in fact.

Let's think of this, not as a rule, but as a principle God gives for your total welfare, to help you take care of all of you. Following this principle, you would give God and spiritual matters the equivalent of one day a week. The average person sleeps eight hours a day. This leaves sixteen hours a week devoted to God and spiritual matters, sixteen hours a week for the well-being of your inner man - your soul.

The exercises I will suggest for soul care could easily be done in this time. Here is a suggested division:

Exercise one - seven hours a week (one hour a day) for God alone.
Exercise two - five hours a week for church (three for the corporate church
service, two for the small group)
Exercise three - three to four hours a week for ministry to others.

Scripture, observation, and experience convince me that if we all practiced this time division, our soul health would increase significantly . . . . 
~~~

From the book: 
'Soul Care'
By Peter Lord

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman

Date: December 25, 2014 9:35 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Pt 9. Soul Care:  Quality Time Produces Intimacy

Pt 9 Soul Care:
QUALITY TIME PRODUCES INTIMACY

. . . .It is quite possible for two people to spend large amounts of time together over the course of years and never really know each other - never have achieved intimacy - because what they spent was not quality time.

One summer evening during our church retreat, an elderly woman came to me for counseling and prayer.  She told me she had been married for fifty-four years to a man she considered a kind husband and good provider, yet she felt that she did not really know him.  Although they had spent a lot of good times together, raising their children, fishing, gardening, and enjoying other mutual hobbies, she said, "He never shares with me what is really going on inside of him.  There's never been a time when we both sat down and shared from the depths of our souls."  She expressed an emptiness, a void in their relationship.  They had not spent enough quality time together to experience a true intimacy.

Married couples often come to me for help in salvaging what remains of their shattered relationship.  We usually discover that if any real communication ever existed, it died years before.  First I begin pushing the partners to be open and honest with each other (and with me).  Then I help them understand how to be open and honest with God.  Once they begin, a floodgate opens and a wonderful discovery of themselves and each other takes place.  This is intimacy in process.  It represents each soul moving toward growth, health, and maturity.

Intimacy is a process, not an event measured by the clock.  We must be honest, open, and vulnerable with each other, but first this must happen with God.  We must not only give God so many minutes, we must open our inner, hidden being to him. . . .
~~~

From the book: 
'Soul Care'
By Peter Lord

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 26 Dec 2014, 9:55 am

Date: December 23, 2014 11:01 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Pt 7. Soul Care:  Steps To A Liberated Will

Pt 7 Soul Care:
STEPS TO A LIBERATED WILL

. . .(The following suggestions for freeing the will are from DeVern Fromke's book Unto Full Stature.)

Step 1:  I must accept the responsibility for what I am and what I have done. -
An ancient and familiar temptation is trying to blame our condition on someone else or on a set of circumstances, which is what Adam and Eve did.  But Henry Drummond refutes claims:  "Let no one deny that surroundings, people, and places can and do influence us.  But only that part of the environment to which we respond influences us.  We do the responding.  The choice is always ours" (Natural Law in the Spiritual World).
DeVern Fromke has put it this way:  I am responsible for how I respond.  I have that choice and I make that choice.  Until I accept responsibility,  I will place the blame elsewhere, and I will never mature.

Step 2:  I must discover the place and effectiveness of the will as God designed and intended it to function. - God gave us the right to choose, and he will never take that right from us.  It is not what my mind thinks, or what my emotions feel, that changes me.  It is what My will chooses.
Some people know they need to lose weight for good health and want to lose weight, but they never do.  It is not the knowing or desiring that will cause them to shed pounds.  It is choosing to follow a defined diet plan.  Until that choice is made, they will loose no weight.
A. W. Tozer explains this from the spiritual point of view:  "At what point then, does a theological fact become for the one who holds it a life giving truth?  At the point where obedience begins.  When faith gains the consent of the will to make an irrevocable commitment to Christ as Lord, truth begins its saving illuminating work, not one moment before."
Until I choose to do what God has ordered for my spiritual well-being, I will not be a healthy, growing soul.  Sermons, desires, and understanding of God's truths do not change me.  It is my choice to act on those truths that makes the difference.

Step 3:  I must understand the importance of the full liberation of the will as it cooperates with the Holy Spirit. - A growing, maturing, soul is not one with a strong enough will to always make the right choices.  But it is a soul with a will that is ready to act on the Holy Spirit's instructions.  God asks me to submit my will to his will.  Then he is released to do what I cannot do in my own strength.
To cure his leprosy, Naaman was instructed by the prophet Elisha to dip seven times in the Jordan River - something he could do if he chose to do it, although pride and reason almost kept him from it.  When he did as the Lord commanded, he was cleansed of leprosy.  It was not human willpower that healed him.  It was God's power.  Naaman released God by choosing to do what God asked him to do through Elisha. (II Kings 5:1-15).
Here is how this might work today.  A friend is upset with me and is avoiding me.  I know he is offended, and I desire to restore the relationship.   As I pray about it, God tells me to write a note expressing my admiration of my friend and how I miss our fellowship.  This is something I can do.  I cannot control what my friend is thinking, but I can write a note.  It is up to God to change my friend's mine - to do what only God can do.  My part is always to will to do his will.

Step 4:  I must learn to live in the will. - I must live in the will and not in my emotions or reasoning.  Over and over again I must choose to will the way God has given me:  to do as he would do, according to what he has said.  I must step away from the temptation to resort to my emotions or my limited knowledge of a situation. . . .        
~~~
From the book: 
'Soul Care'
By Peter Lord

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 22 Dec 2014, 5:48 pm

Date: December 21, 2014 10:32 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Pt 5. Soul Care:  Our Responsibility:  Appropriate Responses
Pt 5 Soul Care:
OUR RESPONSIBILITY:  APPROPRIATE RESPONSES

. . .We have a part in the care of our soul - a definite part, a definable part, and achievable part, a vital part.

God and his church will do their part, but we must react suitably.  The simple but amazing truth is that genuine Christianity is a response to God in an appropriate, timely way.

Basically we are not initiators but responders, and our lives are determined by the way we react to any part of our environment.   Evil is part of that environment.  So is God.  I determine what kind of person I am by my response to both parts of my environment.  I can choose to respond negatively to God:  I can ignore him or reject him.  Or I can receive him.  All of my responses will affect me in varying ways.

A speaker at our church once remarked that great saints are great receivers.  Something inside of me rose up shouted, "No!"  Because I had been raised in a religious culture that taught that great saints were great achievers.  My spiritual failures at that time were mostly due to that false concept.  Since that time, I have found that the speaker was right, and my life's verse has become "Those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ" (Rom. 5:17b).

Receiving is the appropriate response to God, the great Giver.

To be a genuine maturing Christian does not take my initiative.  I need do nothing but respond in acceptance of God's initiative:
        Obedience is response to God's will.
        Faith is response to God's promises.
        Thanksgiving is response to God's goodness.
        Praise is response to God's revealed character.
        Sharing is response to God's benevolent love.
        Joy is response to God's gift of hope.

All I am asked to do is to respond to God properly.  The totality of my response is called Worship. . .
~~~
From the book: 
'Soul Care'
By Peter Lord

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 20 Dec 2014, 1:21 pm

Date: December 19, 2014 12:47 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Pt 4. Soul Care: The Church's Responsibility

Pt 4 Soul Care:
THE CHURCH'S RESPONSIBILITY

. . .From sermons and articles in church publications, members often are reminded of their responsibility to their particular church.  While this is a vital factor if a church is to be healthy, the responsibility must be reciprocal if the member is to be healthy.  Otherwise, the church is not really a church.

Why should a person join a church?  What advantage is there in belonging to a church?  What are the benefits for a member?

One of the main tasks of the church is offering watch-care to those who become a part of her.  The church says to its member, "Come, we will watch over your soul.  We will give the care and advice that is necessary to help you to be whole before God and in your relationships with fellow human beings."

Churches need to move from only being concerned about the strong, the rich, and those who are able to help build successful programs.  A true church is one who aims to: 
(a). Lovingly go after people when they have been absent.
(b). Have a system in place that clearly identifies when a person does not attend.  
(c). Have a budget, not only for salaries, buildings, and literature, but also for helping those members who need temporary (or long-term) financial assistance.
(d). Have a special plan for helping widows, single mothers, and orphans.
Make sure all members are treated the same way, regardless of their financial position.
Christians cannot grow to maturity without a church that aggressively provides the necessary ingredients for effective watch-care.
Nevertheless, no church can do its job of winning and preserving healthy souls without the full cooperation of its membership.   For us, that means working for our mutual purpose of "being Christ" for the world by spending quality time toward that end.  This kind of time requirement is not fulfilled because we occupy a pew at worship services or attend each and every Sunday School pageant of church supper.
Quality time at church means spending meaningful hours with our brothers and sisters in Christ.  It is a time of participation - of give and take - a time of interaction and intimacy . . . .
~~~

From the book: 
'Soul Care'
By Peter Lord

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next