World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 29 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 29 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 8 EmptyToday at 12:25 am by Admin

» Israel 365 News
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 11:42 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 11:37 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 11:34 pm by Admin

» israelAM
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 11:30 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 11:03 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 10:21 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 10:15 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 9:26 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 8 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 11:21 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 8 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 8 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:34 pm by Admin

» AISH
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 8 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:18 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 8 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:02 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 8 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 12:08 am by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 8 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024, 11:32 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 8 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024, 11:21 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 8 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024, 10:47 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 8 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024, 10:42 pm by Admin

» Strangling Israel slowly
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 8 EmptyMon 15 Apr 2024, 11:37 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE

Page 8 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 8 Empty Re: GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE

Post  Admin Fri 21 Aug 2015, 9:37 pm

“Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you"

THEY ARE TOO HEAVY TO BEAR ALONE

GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 8 Word_of_God
TAKE HIS YOKE UPON YOU

IT SHOWS YOU TRUST GOD

SCRIPTURES FOR TODAY

2Co 1:9 But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should 
not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead:

2Co 3:4 And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:

Phi 4:6 In nothing be anxious; but in everything by prayer and 
supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 
(ASV)

1Pe 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 8 Empty Re: GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE

Post  Admin Thu 20 Aug 2015, 8:06 pm

Every trial of suffering is an opportunity to grow in the faith.”
– T.A. McMahon

SCRIPTURES FOR TODAY
Rom 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time [are] 
not worthy [to be compared] with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

1Pe 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of 
gold that perisheth, a

Rom 5:3 And not only [so], but we glory in tribulations also: knowing 
that tribulation worketh patience;

Rom 5:4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them 
that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 19 Aug 2015, 3:02 pm

SCRIPTURES TO LIVE BY
“God is able to do more than man can understand.” – Thomas a Kempis

SCRIPTURES FOR TODAY

Rom 4:17 As it is written, "I have made you the father of many 
nations." Abraham acted in faith when he stood in God's presence, who 
gives life to the dead and calls into existence things that don't even 
exist.(ISV)

Eph 1:4 just as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world 
to be holy and blameless in his presence. (ISV)

Eph 1:11 In Christ we were also chosen when we were predestined 
according to the purpose of the one who does everything according to the 
intention of his will, (ISV)

Joh 15:5b for apart from me you can do nothing (ISV)

a special message from me, please read
PARIS
To Aug 18 at 8:03 PM
Dearest email members, and Facebook members,

This is to advise you that there will be no daily devotions all this 
week, and will be resuming again on August 24, 2015.

I have just had some medical issues, and lack of energy, therefore I 
have gotten way behind in answering emails and my personal mail. So I 
just decided the best way to overcome this is to take a week off, rest 
assured I will be working but at a much slower pace, and not trying to 
get everything out.

May you have an enjoyable week, and keep me and prayer,

In His unlimited, abounding, grace, and my love, Paris a.k.a. Mary

Colossians 3:1 through 4
"PARIS" gracenthetruth
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 18 Aug 2015, 2:52 pm

"DO-IT-YOURSELF SOUL WINNING" 
Part 3 of 3 
Next, it is necessary to know what the gospel is:

We live in an age of deception. Satan is doing all he can to keep people from hearing the true gospel of Christ (2 Cor. 4:4). One of the methods he has employed is the use of false gospels (Paul warned the Corinthian believers of this very fact - 2 Cor. 11:2-4). Radio and television are full of preachers proclaiming a wide variety of gospels, many which are corrupted by Satan himself. A false gospel is proclaimed where church membership ceremonies and sacraments are imposed in order for one to gain any hope of Heaven upon their death. Still others speak of good works, benevolence, positive thinking and kindness as being the way. But these all fall short (Rom. 3:23; Isa. 64:6; Eph. 2:8-9) and will not provide a moment of time spent in Heaven. Great religious leaders die and immediately their goodness is proclaimed and the statement is made that they are surely now in the very presence of God. But this is decreed upon them for their goodness, religious service, and social positions, not because of any deep-held faith in the meritorious work of Christ alone. There are increasing numbers of people whose minds have been clouded into thinking that all religions are basically the same and that there is little, if any, difference. This philosophy has caused many a child of God to pull back from sharing the gospel with a loved one or a coworker because "they go to church" or "they're pretty religious - they must already be saved."

The gospel is simply the declaration of the work of Christ on behalf of condemned sinners (I Cor. 15:1-4; Rom. 10:9-10; Eph. 1:12-13). The following outline sets forth a simple approach to sharing the gospel with any individual:

The first hurdle in soul winning is getting the person lost. This may sound strange hearing this, but most people, especially the affluent, see no need of a Savior in a life filled with everything they could ever desire. Most people believe themselves to be basically good, honest citizens who never committed murder, robbed a bank or cheated on their spouse. Using the Ten Commandments as a basic outline of God's righteous standard, it is easy to show people how they have stolen (even a paper clip or pencil is stealing), lied (most will admit to a "white lie"), and used the Lord's name in vain. By this simple comparison, it is easy to show that the person has fallen short of God's standard of righteousness and is deserving of eternal punishment. >From here you move into a presentation of what God the Father did through the person of His Son Jesus Christ on the behalf of sinful man. The following chart is given as a sample of the gospel and its various points:

1. Man has a need (Rom. 3: 10-18,23; 5: 12).
             2. Sin has a penalty (Rom. 6:23).
             3. God made a provision (Rom. 5:8).
                    · Christ died for sinners (Rom. 5:6-10; 3:24-25).
                    · Christ was buried and rose again to save sinners (Rom. 4:25).
                    · Christ lives to save sinners (Heb. 7:25).
               4. Man must respond (Rom. 10:9-10).
               5. God is faithful to save (Rom. 10:13).

I would strongly urge you to become a soul winner: The writer of Proverbs wrote, "The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, and he that winneth souls is wise. " I believe that the Rapture of the Church grows nearer with each passing day and, thus, the urgency of the hour grows stronger and stronger. The clock of opportunity is ticking and the door of invitation is open wide. But soon it will close and all those left behind who have heard and rejected the gospel of Christ will be doomed to a Christ-less eternity in the Lake of Fire. Do you believe in a literal Heaven? Do you believe in a literal Hell? Then be a soul winner for the Lord Jesus Christ and stand fast upon the Word of God - rightly divided. Don't leave it up to the professional - do it yourself - it's your responsibility!

Should this Inspirational be a blessing and encouragement to you, why not send to a friend, coworker or, to your loved one who maybe defending the USA. The Word of God is so needed in our troubled world.  It is our heart at  GRACE AND THE TRUTH and mission to reach as many people as we possibly can TO SHARE with them the Word of God and all that the Lord Jesus Christ has done for members of the body of Christ.  

"May God, Whose grace is irresistible and 
all sufficient, be glorified!" 

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 17 Aug 2015, 7:05 pm

"DO-IT-YOURSELF SOUL WINNING"
Part 2 of 3
BY EVANGELIST JOEl MCGARVEY

The word "edifying" has the idea of structure or building up. We use the same word today in relation to a building when we speak of its edifice. The edifying of the Church (the Body of Christ) is carried out in two distinct areas, each one important. First is the area of soul winning. As saints of God share the gospel, unbelievers are brought to a saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ and, thus, the Body of Christ is built up, or expanded. Some speak negatively about this and make the accusation that we're only interested in numbers. Well, friends, soul winning is never about increasing church membership or gaining a following; it is only about where a soul will spend eternity - Heaven or Hell! But in the scheme of things, souls are people and people are often counted (numbers). Hence, edifying the Body of Christ includes increasing its size or number of members. Second, edifying the Church has to do with the education, or the training of the flock. This is the primary role of the pastor/teacher. It is his function to train or equip the saints in the Word of God so that they may in turn take the gospel to a lost and dying world and also have an answer for the things that come their way each day. It is the responsibility of the pastor/teacher to equip the saints in the Word of God "rightly divided" - so that they can be rooted, grounded and established in the faith (Col. 2:6-8). The failure on the part of the pastor/teacher to do both of these is the failure to carry out his God-given responsibility.

This two-fold ministry is given to all of the saints and it is the function, or purpose of the pastor/teacher to equip or train the saints to carry it out. The preacher is not paid simply to alleviate the saints of their God-given responsibilities. The work of the ministry belongs to everyone. It was received that day you took Christ as your Savior. People will request prayer for an unsaved loved one but never stop and really share the gospel with them. They may mention to the individual how thankful they have been to know the Lord and how He has blessed their life. Now while all of that is true, that is not sharing the gospel. The saints of God must awake, arise and begin to do what God has called them to do. "For He saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation" (2 Cor. 6:2).

As the days of our summer travels slow down, and the Grace Revival for Evangelism VI draws near (October 4-7 in Branson, MO at the Stonecroft Conference Center), I wanted to take this space to encourage you in your daily walk to be a soul winner. Don't leave it up to the so-called "professional." Do what God has called upon all of His children to do - share the gospel of Christ with others.

To do this, I want to quickly set forth what I believe to be the gospel (if we're to share the saving gospel of Christ, we need to know what that gospel is) and present a quick outline of some "do's" and "don'ts" of soul winning.

Soul winning is not:

I. A system of human effort or good behavior carried out for the
purpose of gaining the favor of God;
2. Seeking people to add to a church membership drive or the
following of religious ceremonies (Titus 3:5-6; Eph. 2:8-9); or
3. Rehabilitation, redevelopment or reformation (Rom. 3:9-12;
10, 13).

Soul winning is:

1. The engagement of unbelievers in conversation, and communicating to them a clear presentation of the saving gospel (Acts 17:2,17; 18:4,19; 19:8-9); and
2 . Presenting the truth in a clear and systematic fashion by use of the Scriptures (Acts 17:3).

Should this Inspirational be a blessing and encouragement to you, why not send to a friend, coworker or, to your loved one who maybe defending the USA. The Word of God is so needed in our troubled world. It is our heart at GRACE AND THE TRUTH and mission to reach as many people as we possibly can TO SHARE with them the Word of God and all that the Lord Jesus Christ has done for members of the body of Christ.

Our Purpose and Mission

The ministry of "Grace and The Truth" has the purpose of encouraging Christians to believe what God says.

We read in Ephesians. 1:18 "The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of His calling, and what the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints," and in Colossians 2:2 " That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgment (epignosis) true knowledge of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ".

We are dedicated to helping Christians to a fuller knowledge of Him, and the Grace of God. Until we all come into the Unity, Ephesians 4:13 "Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:"

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 16 Aug 2015, 9:55 pm

DO-IT-YOURSELF SOUL WINNING
Part 1 of 3
BY EVANGELIST JOEl MCGARVEY

As our caravan continues its journey in ministry over the summer and fall, I continue to share in many of the churches I visit the two-fold challenge of soul winning and standing true and firm for the Word of God rightly divided. It is in the message of God's Grace that we find the Gospel of the Grace of God and the only message that can save today; therefore, I have been encouraging the saints to be soul winners. By using the term "soul winning" I do not mean to indicate some sort of sporting event or attempting to put notches in one's belt. The term "soul winning" is used exclusively to describe the work of evangelism, or the preaching of the Gospel of the Grace of God to individuals in a lost and dying world. The one thing that I, or any individual, must always keep in mind when sharing the Gospel is that he or she is merely the one who plants or waters - it is the Holy Spirit Who is the real soul winner (1 Cor. 3 :6-7).

Over the years, and now in my travels, I have seen, and continue to see, an alarming trend among believers toward a philosophy of "professionalism." When the roof needs to be repaired, a roofer is called; when a sink backs up, a call is placed to a plumber. The same is seen in the area of soul winning and much of the work of the Lord. Souls need to be saved soooo...call the preacher! In my years of ministry, I can't begin to count how many times I received a phone call on Saturday evening informing me that an unsaved friend or relative would be attending church in the morning and so I was asked to really preach the gospel hard. I didn't mind, and usually included a gospel presentation in all of my messages anyway, but it was the thought behind the request that often bothered me. The saints don't visit the sick and shut-ins (except close family)... "That's the preacher's job." People don't witness, as they should... "That's why we pay the preacher." The idea of "professionalism" is one of Satan's little lies he has successfully used to keep the saints of God content and quiet. If you silence the army, who is left to fight?

Time is short and there is no time to call the professional. What the Church of Christ needs today is some "do-it-yourselfers." The Acts of the Apostles written by Luke records the activities that took place following the stoning of Stephen. "Therefore they that were scattered abroad went everywhere preaching the word" (Acts 8:4). Some may read this verse and think that the work going on here was the work of the "professionals" - the Apostles; but that was not the case. According to the opening verse of the chapter, the "professionals" had remained in Jerusalem. "...And they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judea and Samaria, except the Apostles" (Acts 8: I). The Apostle Paul writes how God had given the office of the pastor/teacher (Eph. 4: 11) and then proceeds to set forth its function, or purpose - "For the perfecting [equipping] of the saints" (Eph. 4:12a). The Biblical purpose of the pastor/teacher (the "professional") has little to do with what man has made it and everything to do with the proclamation and teaching of the Word of God to the saints of God. It is his responsibility to train the saints in the Scriptures. But for what reason is this training to be accomplished? The Apostle continues with the word "for" which introduces the next result clause, "...the work of the ministry. "

The ministry that God has given to His Church is two-fold in nature. The first is the "ministry of reconciliation" (2 Cor. 5: 18), and the second is "to make all men see what is the fellowship of the Mystery" (Eph. 3:9). Let me illustrate Ephesians 4:11-12 in the following manner in an attempt to give it clarity.

Eph. 4:11- "And He gave some, apostles; and some prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers. "

Eph. 4:12 - "For [introduces the result clause] (1) the perfecting of the saints ...
for [introduces another result clause] (2) the work of the ministry...
for (yet another result clause] (3) the edifying of the Body of Christ. "

You see, God gives the pastor/teacher for the purpose of perfecting (equipping, training) the saints. That is why the Apostle Paul instructed the pastor to "feed the Church of God" (Acts 20:28). The word translated "perfecting" is used many ways in Scripture. One of those ways is found in Hebrews 10:5, where it speaks of preparing. The farmer prepares the ground for planting. A meal is prepared for consumption. The child of God is to be prepared for service. This perfecting is then carried out to the end that the saints do the work of the ministry which is sharing the Gospel, making all men see the Mystery, and caring for one another. All of this is done for the purpose of edifying, or building up (strengthening and expanding) the Body of Christ.

Should this Inspirational be a blessing and encouragement to you, why not send to a friend, coworker or, to your loved one who maybe defending the USA. The Word of God is so needed in our troubled world. It is our heart at GRACE AND THE TRUTH and mission to reach as many people as we possibly can TO SHARE with them the Word of God and all that the Lord Jesus Christ has done for members of the body of Christ.

THOUGHT
*God never promises to remove us from our struggles.He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them.

Max Lucado

Our Purpose and Mission

The ministry of "Grace and The Truth" has the purpose of encouraging Christians to believe what God says.

We read in Ephesians. 1:18 "The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of His calling, and what the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints," and in Colossians 2:2 " That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgment (epignosis) true knowledge of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ".

We are dedicated to helping Christians to a fuller knowledge of Him, and the Grace of God. Until we all come into the Unity, Ephesians 4:13 "Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:"

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 15 Aug 2015, 10:07 pm

SLAVERY AND LIBERTY
by C. R. Stam

We thank God for Abraham Lincoln and for his part in emancipating the negro slaves in the United Sates. Yet, in a deeper sense, there is a slavery from which we all need to be emancipated.

The children of Adam are slaves by birth. Partaking of his fallen nature they find it an uphill fight to do right and easy to do wrong. No mother has ever had to teach her child to tell lies, or to steal or to disobey. Every child does these things naturally. All, by nature, are slaves to sin.

Some, on the other hand, have sought to make themselves slaves to the Ten Commandments in order to overcome their natural tendencies toward evil, but this does not produce the desired results. God did not give the Law to help us to be good, but to show us that we are bad and need a Savior. In Rom. 3:19 He says that He gave the Law "that every mouth may be stopped and all the world may become [be exposed as] guilty before God" and in Verse 20 He says that "by the law is the knowledge of sin."

Only believers in the finished work of Christ are liberated from sin and its results. This does not mean that it is not possible for them to sin, but that it is now possible for them not to sin -- to have victory in any given case. "For sin shall not have dominion over you, for ye are not under the law but under grace" (Rom. 6:14).

In grace Christ died to pay for our sins and in response to that grace believers seek to live for Him, just out of sheer love and gratitude for what He has done for them. This is the secret of victorious living, and God would have us keep it that way. Gal. 5:1 says:

"Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage."

Yet, he also cautions believers, who enjoy this wonderful liberty:

"Take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to them that are weak" (I Cor. 8:9).

"For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another" (Gal. 5:13).

"Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth" (Rom. 14:22).

Life is a gift...
Live it...
Enjoy it...
Celebrate it...
And fulfill it..

Our Purpose and Mission

Message "CHRIST" Rom. 16:25, Col. 1:28
Material "All Scripture, 2 Tim. 3:16, 17
Method "Rightly Dividing The Word of Truth, 2 Tim. 2:15
Mission "To Make All See" Eph. 3:9

"But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ." Eph.2:13.

We are wiling to help you on this journey just give us a call, 1 623 546 8866, Paris

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 14 Aug 2015, 10:46 pm

SALVATION AND THE HUMAN WILL
By Paul Hume
Scripture  Reading: Rom. 9:15-16; John 1:12-13; 3:16

Dwight Lyman Moody once said that "the whosoever wills are the elect, and the whosoever wont's are the non-elect!" This is certainly true. The human will does play an important part in personal salvation. But the problem which ultimately must be faced when one deals with the sovereignty of God must touch on this matter of what place man's will plays--if any.

Now there are two extremes to avoid. One is that since God is sovereign, and since man cannot save himself at all, then man has no part at all in salvation. That is, God will save him without any action on his part. The other extreme is that God cannot and will not save anyone unless he is willing to be saved.

In between these extremes we believe the truth lies. It is true that the sinner is "dead in trespasses and sins" therefore cannot, of himself, take one step toward God and salvation. It is also true that God has given man a will, and He respects that will. Yet due to the fact that the depravity of the human nature has also crippled the will, God must first move and work in the sinner to make him willing to be saved! This is what Christ meant when He said, "No man can come unto me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him" (John 6:44). This is also what is meant in John 1:12-13: "But as many as received Him (Christ), to them gave He power, (authority) to become the sons of God (children of God), even to them that believe on His name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." Therefore, as Romans 9:16 states, "it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy." 

Hence, how beautiful it all works out. Of my own will, I did not want God or His salvation (Christ). But He wooed me and drew me, with love and power and gave me the willingness to receive Christ into my life! Bless the Lord, oh, my soul!

"I've found a Friend, oh, such a Friend!
He loved me ere I knew Him;
He drew me with the cords of love,
And thus He bound me to Him." (J.G. Small)

In the total expanse of human life there is not a square inch of which the Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, "That is mine!" 
-- Abraham Kuyper 

Should this Inspirational be a blessing and encouragement to you, why not send to a friend, coworker or, to your loved one who maybe defending the USA the Word of God is so needed in our troubled world.  It is our heart at GRACE AND THE TRUTH and mission to reach as many people as we possibly can TO SHARE with them the Word of God and all that the Lord Jesus Christ has done for members of the body of Christ. 

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 13 Aug 2015, 10:37 pm

The Difference Between Belief and Faith 
By Pastor Timothy F. Conklin

The Bible is very clear - saving faith originates through hearing the Word of God. The Bible knows no other avenue or supply for faith which saves. People cannot produce or will biblical faith. Only the Bible produces saving faith. And Romans 10:17 makes it plain and clear that biblical/saving faith comes specifically by hearing the Word of God. 

Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God 

One must appreciate that the Bible itself is a gracious gift of God. The Divine revelation of the Scripture cannot be found anywhere else. What God has revealed in the Bible is not knowable in any other way or from any other source. In parallel with the gift or Scripture, one's initial faith-when a person first believes- is likewise God's gracious gift. 

For it is by grace you have been saved through faith-and this not from yourselves it is the gift of                        God. (Ephesians 2:8, 9) 

To all who received him, to those who believe in his name, he gave the right to become children of God-children born of natural descent, nor of human decision, or a husband's will, but born of God. (John 1:12,13) 

We know from Hebrews 11:6, "Without faith it is impossible to please God." The one thing a person absolutely must have in order to please God is faith. More definitely, one's faith must be in His Son, Jesus Christ. It is simply Satanic fraud to think a person can please God without faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, understanding who He is and what He did. 

God has given us eternal life, and thus life is in his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. (1st John 5:11, 12) 

God responds to faith because that is how he made us. He created us to be a people of faith; a people centered and dependent on him, not independent and self-centered. 

God has chosen to limit his interaction with human beings by the law or principle or element of faith. Faith in God is essential, irreplaceable. Pleasing God is just not a matter of enthusiasm, dedication, education, discipline, experience, will power, et al. It is a matter of faith.

But it is imperative one recognizes the subtle difference between belief and faith. Merely "believing" is not enough! James 2:19 says the "Devil himself believes ... and trembles." Do you believe you can get on a plane and fly to Florida in just a few hours? Do you truly believe that? Alright then, you are in Florida, yes? Of course not! That's silly. 

Just believing doesn't accomplish anything. 

Consider an electric lamp. The lamp is designed to give light. It is structured and wired to do that very thing. But if it simply sits or hangs in a room without the electricity plugged in and turned on, it does nothing. Without electricity the lamp is useless as far as its intended purpose is concerned.

Just so, God's purpose in creating humankind was for them to have faith in his instructions and promises revealed in the Bible; to have faith and obey his Word. This is why God created humankind. Do you believe in John 3:16? 

God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 

I mean really believe it? Well, so what? Merely believing it won't do you a bit of good.

How about horrible deadly, poison, some fatal neurotoxin? Do you believe if you drink it or ingest it in some way you will surely die? You really do believe that? Well then, are you dead?

You see, only when you act in faith in what you believe does it become actual and effective. Only by acting upon your belief and allowing the object of your faith to do what you believe it is capable of doing, only then can you turn your belief into faith. 

Note very carefully, your faith does not do anything to the whatever it is you put your faith in. It simply allows your act of faith to permit the object of your faith to accomplish its nature; the electricity gives light, the poison kills. 

When I have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, it is not my faith that accomplishes anything but Christ's accomplishments, who by the power and authority to do what he alone can do, does it; namely, become your Savior from sin and death. 

Do you believe in benches and chairs? There is only one way for you to turn your belief into faith - sit on a bench or a chair. Understand, your faith does nothing for the bench or chair. Your faith in the bench or chair only allows the bench or chair to accomplish its benchness or chairness; its ability to support you when you sit down on it. 

And note this well - the more confident you are in the object of your faith, the less conscious you are of the faith you are exercising in that object. 

For Christians, where does saving or biblical faith come from? Ah yes, faith comes from hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17). The more you "hear" the word of God, the more your faith will develop, because the Word of God produces faith. 

This was a lesson unheeded in Hebrews 4:2 ...

The message they heard was of no value to them, because those who heard did not combine it with faith. 

The Word of God, the message of the gospel, the good news that Jesus saves, cannot profit you unless you "combine it with faith." Indeed, the Bible will tell you what to believe, but you must put into action by God's grace through faith what that belief is all about.

This is how God has decided to operate. He does not involve himself or interact personally with people apart from faith. God restricts his personal relationship with people to the issue of faith. To believe in God may be a good thing, but to have faith in God is essential.

You say you believe in God? Very well, do you have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ as YOUR Savior from sin?

The message of the gospel is that Jesus Christ is God's only Son who became human --- the God-man --- to live, to die, to be buried, to be raised from the dead and ascend into heaven in order to become YOUR Savior from sin! Do you have faith in this! 

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved. (Acts 4:12) 

I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. (Ecclesiastes 3:14) 

Are you Saved? 

And that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. (Ephesians 2:8) 

Is Christ the person they see in you?

Our Purpose and Mission

Message  "CHRIST" Rom. 16:25, Col. 1:28
Material   "All Scripture, 2 Tim. 3:16, 17
Method   "Rightly Dividing The Word of Truth, 2 Tim. 2:15
Mission   "To Make All See"  Eph. 3:9

"But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ." Eph.2:13. 

We are wiling to help you on this journey just give us a call,  1 623 546 8866, Paris

Would you like to help this ministry? Consider trying to get one other person to subscribe to the GRACE DAILY INSPIRATIONAL.  This worldwide ministry asks for no funds and is sent to glorify our precious Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, AND TO HELP YOU TO GROW IN GRACE AND KNOWLEDGE. 

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 12 Aug 2015, 6:22 pm

UNITY 
By Pastor John LaVier Retired,  

The world is in despair of peace. The nations eye one another distrustfully and fruitless truce talks are carried on while the killing continues. There is much heard about the "United Nations" but there appears to be little or no unity. A better name would be the "Disunited Nations." The Bible teaches that sin is the cause of all the division, hatred, strife, warfare and bloodshed.  

The condition of the world should not surprise us when we realize that Satan is the god of this age and the whole world lieth in the wicked one. What more can be expected in a world where the rightful ruler has been rejected and a usurper is on the throne. God divided the nations at the tower of Babel and all of man's attempts to unite in failure. In the end time, there will indeed be a great federation of nations, controlled by Satan's man, but this will be smashed to smithereens at the second coming of God's Man, the Lord Jesus Christ. Then He will be the great Unifier and there will be real peace and unity among the nations. 

As we turn our attention from the nations to consider that which bears the name of Jesus Christ, do we find things any better? No! We behold an apostate Christendom, and instead of unity, there is division and subdivision, with the professing church split into innumerable denominations and organizations. But here again we see man's endeavor to unite. The liberals continue to talk about ecumenicity, and we can be sure that just as there will be a federation of nations in the end time, so there will be a federation of the various religious bodies. We have read a booklet, "The Reappearance of the Christ," and in reading it, one is forced to the conclusion that the "christ" they are waiting to appear is Antichrist. According to them, he will bring together all the "knowers of God" of whatever religious persuasion they may be. Yes, there is coming such a great world church, united by the false christ, but its end is to be consumed and destroyed by the brightness of the Lord's coming. 

But now let us look at so-called Evangelical Christianity, or Fundamentalism, those who are really the children of God. Do we find unity here? Sad to say, division, dissension, and discord seem to be much in evidence. There are many attempts at union: the organizing of "Associations," "Fellowships," etc., but we see little evidence of the unity of the Spirit. Man is never satisfied with what God has provided; man thinks he must add some work of his own to improve upon it. Instead of being satisfied with the position God has given him, with membership in the Body of Christ, man thinks he must have something else to join. However, such unions among the churches can never bring real unity, any more than the efforts of the nations to unite can never bring real peace. Usually, the basis of fellowship in all such unions is a man-made creed or doctrinal statement, to which all the members must subscribe. Here again, man shows his dissatisfaction with what God has given. God has given us His perfect Word, which is surely sufficient to govern our fellowship, doctrine, conduct, etc., yet man thinks he must have something in addition of his own devising. Naturally, every group fancy themselves as the custodians, champions, and defenders of all truth, and anyone who disagrees with them is a heretic.

Even among individual assemblies of God's people there are few places where real unity may be found. How often we hear of church quarrels and church splits, all the result of carnality. Many will battle to the last ditch to have their own way or in defense of self, when they would not fight at all in defense of God's truth. How often is trouble caused by a preacher who is a Diotrophes, or more often than not, the trouble may arise from papery in the pews and pusillanimity in the pulpit. May God deliver us from these unholy wars which mar that unity which should be kept in the bond of peace.

What is the answer? It is not "back to the unity of the early church" as some tell us. If we go even as far as the church at Corinth, there we find strifes and contentions and denominational divisions. No, it is not by being led backward to Corinthian failure, but by being led forward to the Ephesian doctrine of "the unity of the Spirit" that we find what is needed. In the 4th chapter of Ephesians, the Apostle emphasizes two unities. In Verse 13 he speaks of "the unity of the faith." This unity is future and will only be realized in that day when Christ presents the Church to Himself, "a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing, but that it would be holy and without blemish." Never this side of Heaven will we all see eye to eye on every point, but this should not prevent us from keeping "the unity of the Spirit" mentioned in Verse 3. This unity applies to the present, and is something we are to keep with all possible endeavor. This is not something which man produces. It is a unity already established by the Spirit of God Himself, and we have only to recognize it and walk in the knowledge of it.

The idea of most in regard to visible fellowship and corporate unity is that everybody should agree with them. Or, they say, we could have the unity of Ephesians 4:3 if we were all in agreement concerning the seven unities of the following verses. This is indeed to be desired, but it is grievously apparent that there are many of the brethren who are in doctrinal and dispensational agreement and yet without unity. Too often Ephesians 4:2 has been overlooked. In this verse, we have the graces essential to unity. There must be lowliness of mind, meekness and gentleness, long suffering and patience, forbearance and forgiveness, and above all love, which is the bond of perfectness. Only when these graces abound can we have the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. When there is pride and haughtiness, and the desire for self-aggrandizement, there can be no unity. There must be in each the mind of Christ. This means true humility. In lowliness of mind, each is to esteem others better than self. In honor we are to prefer one another, recognizing that we are members of the one Body of Christ, and, therefore, members one of another. Note I Corinthians 12:25, "That there should be no schism in the body: but that the members should have the same care one for another." This alone will produce unity. 

Our Purpose and Mission

We are dedicated to helping Christians to a fuller knowledge of Him, and the Grace of God. Until we all come into the Unity, Ephesians 4:13 "Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:" 

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 11 Aug 2015, 3:45 pm

THE SWORD OF THE SPIRIT
  by C. R. Stam

"The Sword of the Spirit... is the Word of God" (Eph. 6: 17). 

Of all the spiritual armor which believers are told to "put on" in Eph. 6:11-18, there is only one offensive weapon. This is "the Sword of the Spirit... the Word of God." The Bible is called "the Sword of the Spirit," because the Spirit of God is its Author. It is called "the Sword of the Spirit" because, thus written by God who knows all, it can cut deeply. This makes it, for the believer, a formidable weapon against Satan and the forces of evil. We are told in Heb. 4:12,13: 

"The Word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

"Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in His sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of Him with whom we have to do." 

As David said long ago: 

"O Lord, Thou hast searched me, and known me.
 "Thou knowest my down sitting and mine uprising; Thou understandest my thought afar off" (Psa. 139:1,2). 

It is because God knows and understands us so thoroughly that His Word can sometimes cut us so deeply. How wise, then, to bow before that Blessed Book, acknowledge its condemnation of sin and trust the Savior it presents! And, having done this, how wise to "put on the whole armor of God" in our stand against Satan and sin, not forgetting to "take... the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God"! 

You will not die before God's time, for any reason,
come what may. Nothing can put an end to you until God
decides that it is time for you to be at home with Him. 
---– Selwyn Hughes

Our Purpose and Mission

We are dedicated to helping Christians to a fuller knowledge of Him, and the Grace of God. Until we all come into the Unity, Ephesians 4:13 "Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:" 
OUR COMMISSION IN THE AGE OF GRACE IS:

2Co 5:16-21  Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we [him] no more.  Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.  And all things [are] of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;  To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.   Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech [you] by us: we pray [you] in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.  For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. 

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 09 Aug 2015, 8:43 pm

God's Free Gift 
Part 1 of 2
By Pastor Ken Lawson 

Years ago, the story was told of a service man who, being stationed in a foreign land, fell in love with a beautiful girl. After a brief romance, he was transferred to another country but promised to return the next year. Throughout his absence he took out a substantial portion of his paycheck each month to purchase a gift which would be a worthy token of his love. 

When the day finally came when they were united again, he removed a box from his coat and presented her with the most beautiful jewel she had ever seen. A troubled expression came over her face and she began digging through her purse. "What are you doing, dear?" he asked. "Oh honey, that is a very expensive gift and I think I should help pay for it." Shocked and hurt, he stood there speechless, not knowing what to say. She had missed the whole point. He didn't want her money, he wanted her! 

Like the foolish young girl in our illustration, many people today have a distorted view of God's free gift of eternal life. Rather than receiving it by faith alone, they insist on helping pay for it. As a result they insult the grace of God and dishonor the blood of the cross. Any attempt to add human works to God's plan of salvation only mars it, so that it loses the character of a free gift and is rendered void. While some may even acknowledge the fact that Christ died for our sins and rose again, they maintain that it is still necessary to do their part to complete God's plan of redemption. All the while being ignorant of the fact that our Lord Jesus cried from the cross, "It is finished!" There on that cruel tree God the Father was making our Savior's soul an offering for sin-yours and mine! 

God's holiness was so thoroughly satisfied with our Lord's substitutionary death, for us, that He proved it by raising Him from the dead, in power and great glory. This is our "canceled check" verifying that the sin debt has been fully paid. Our responsibility is to honor God by receiving the free gift. "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved." (Acts 16:31) The writer of Hebrews understood something about this finished transaction when he wrote, "For by one offering he hath perfected forever them that are sanctified." (Hebrews 10:14) 

The ways people say we are to help pay for our salvation are many and varied: obey the commandments, follow the Golden Rule and the Sermon on the Mount, give money to the church, be baptized and partake in church sacraments, etc. But God says, "Not by works of righteousness which we have done but according to His mercy He saved us by the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Ghost." (Titus 3:5) "For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast." (Ephesians 2:8, 9) "Therefore, we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law." (Romans 3:28) 

Grace means that God delights to grant us special favor apart from personal merit or worthiness. That is why salvation and eternal life are so often spoken of as a gift in God's Word. No loving parent would expect their child to earn or pay for their birthday presents. 

But why can't I get to heaven by living a good life? Why does my acceptance with God hinge on my faith in Christ's shed blood only? First of all, you are making an assumption that it is possible to live a good life. Our minds need to be reeducated concerning the holiness of God and the sinfulness of man. The problem is our perspective. When we talk about living a good life, we are thinking in comparison to others---other sinners! Such a comparison is unwise, for Christ is holy, harmless, undefiled, and separate from sinners. That is why Adam and Eve were expelled from Eden for only one sin. When compared to Christ's holiness, even the best children of Adam have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. To enjoy eternal fellowship with God in heaven, we must share in Christ's righteousness, acceptance, and life. That is where the free gift comes in. 

Our Purpose and Mission

We are wiling to help you on this journey just give us a call,  1 623 546 8866, Paris

Would you like to help this ministry? Consider trying to get one other person to subscribe to the GRACE DAILY INSPIRATIONAL.  This worldwide ministry asks for no funds and is sent to glorify our precious Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, AND TO HELP YOU TO GROW IN GRACE AND KNOWLEDGE. 

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET

God's Free Gift
Part 2 of 2 
By Pastor Ken Lawson

The second reason is closely related to the first. Because of sin, our so-called good life (outside of Christ) is simply the fruit of a fallen nature. "For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive." (I Corinthians 15:22) While the unregenerate life may be highly esteemed by men, it is an abomination in the sight of God. We stand before God in Adam condemned and worthy of death! Such a life in the flesh does not have the glory of God as the driving motivation or the Spirit of God as the empowering force. 

What we need is a new birth-the imparting of divine life from above. This regeneration by the Holy Ghost makes us new creatures in Christ and able to produce good works toward God. Paul, the apostle exclaimed, "I have been crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith (faithfulness) of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2:20) "By the grace of God I am what I am: and His grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not 1, but the grace of God which was with me." (I Corinthians 15:10) 

Thirdly, trying to live a good life in the flesh to merit heaven is a manifestation of pride and unbelief-not faith. There were those in Paul's day (as well as ours) who, while religious and zealous for God, were - ignorant of-God's righteousness. They went about to establish their own righteousness and did not submit themselves to the righteousness of God. "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believeth." How sad that all of this self-righteousness is leading countless souls to destruction when God plainly told us "by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in His sight." (Romans 10:3,4; 3:20) 

Finally, if righteousness comes by obeying the law (living a good life) then Christ died for nothing. (Galatians 2:21) The whole reason for Christ shedding His precious blood on the cross is because our lives are sinful and we are spiritually bankrupt-unable to pay the sin debt. This truth is no more graphically shown to us than in Christ's agony in the garden of Gethsemane. There while facing the horror of the cross, He prayed saying, "0 Father, if it be possible, let this cup (of suffering) pass from me; nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." (Matthew 26:39) And what was the Father's reply? Did He say, "This substitutionary suffering plan is too costly to Me and My believed Son. I am instituting my alternate plan for man's redemption?" It is evident that God did not alter His plan, for Christ did drink of that cup. "He was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; and the Lord hath laid on Him the iniquities of us all." (Isaiah 53:5, 6) 

But wait! Won't the teaching of salvation by grace through faith alone produce a lax attitude toward good works and the Christian life? God forbid! The commands which speak of glorifying God in the Christian's life are all given to those who have already become children of God by faith in Jesus Christ. Having become the recipients of eternal life by faith alone, a realization of the love of Christ for the believers should now motivate them to live not for themselves, but for Him which died for them and rose again. This is far from inducing a negligent attitude toward Christian behavior. The grace of God that brings salvation teaches us to deny ungodliness and worldly lusts and to live soberly, righteously and godly in this present world. We do this as we look for the blessed hope, the glorious appearing of the great God, who is our Savior, Jesus Christ. This is our purifying and confident expectation. (II Corinthians 5:14,15; Titus 2:11-14) 

How different is the grace-faith way from the law-works way! We who are in Christ serve God and man out of love and gratitude for the gift bestowed upon us freely by God. How tragic to see religious but lost people hoping against hope that their good works will outweigh the bad and that they will finally be received into heaven. 

Let us not be like the foolish girl who thoughtlessly insulted her man by trying to help pay for his gift of love. But let us reach out with the hand of faith and receive by grace the free gift of eternal life. Then we can truly say we have experience something of the romance of redemption. 

Our Purpose and Mission

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 07 Aug 2015, 9:12 pm

THE WORKS OF THE FLESH vs. THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT
by Russel S. Miller 

Adultery heads the list of the works of the flesh in Galatians 5:19-21, with fornication and uncleanness following second and third in succession. There is a world of sinners out there, unrestrained with unbridled lusts, to which the Lord sends His ambassadors with "the message of reconciliation" (II Cor. 5:14-21). 

"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these: Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
envying, murders, drunkenness, revelings, and such like..." 

It was adultery that ruined King David, for when it came time for the king to go to war, he was on his rooftop: 

"And it came to pass in an evening tide, that David arose from off his bed, and walked upon the roof of the king’s house: and from the roof he saw a woman washing herself; and the woman was very beautiful to look upon" (II Sam. 11:2). 

Did the Lord have this in mind when He said: "Whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart" (Matt. 5:28)? It is truly "from within, out of the heart of man, [that] proceed evil thoughts"; and "adulteries" are at the top of this list in Mark 7:21-23 also. 

Again, in Romans Six, the Apostle Paul speaks of the works of the flesh as unfruitful and leading to death: "What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death" (Rom. 6:21). In Colossians, we read that these works of the flesh originate from within, and pointing to the Christ of Calvary’s cross, Paul says: "And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, YET NOW HATH HE RECONCILED IN THE BODY OF HIS FLESH THROUGH DEATH, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in His sight" (Col. 1:21,22). 

Consequently, there is real "joy and peace in believing" (Rom. 15:13) as God’s grace saves and transforms lives so that Christ may be seen, and not the works of the flesh. 

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance; against such there is no law" (Gal. 5:22,23). 

It is only right that there are laws against the works of the flesh, but how could there be laws against the fruit of the Spirit? A striking contrast indeed! 

Should this Inspirational be a blessing and encouragement to you, why not send to a friend, coworker or, to your loved one who maybe defending the USA. The Word of God is so needed in our troubled world.  It is our heart at GRACE AND THE TRUTH and mission to reach as many people as we possibly can TO SHARE with them the Word of God and all that the Lord Jesus Christ has done for members of the body of Christ.  

Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, 
which from the beginning of the world 
hath been hid in God,
who created all things by Jesus Christ

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 05 Aug 2015, 9:45 pm

Why Do Good Men Disagree?
By S. Lee Homoki

“But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed. For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision. And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation. But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, live after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compel thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews” (Gal. 2:11-14)?

Here we have a sad and troubling report of the Apostle Paul and the Apostle Peter in conflict! I am sure that some will find this shocking and disturbing. It seems unthinkable that two of the great heroes of the faith - “Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ” – would engage in a heated controversy and division!  And yet, it happened and it still happens today, even among good Christian men and ministries. 

To find an answer to the question, “Why do good men disagree?” – is not easy in every case. We know that most controversies are generated at an emotional level and are, therefore, avoidable. We are reminded, “If it be possible,” we are to “live peaceably with all men” (Rom 12:18). However, there are times when disagreement and separation is necessary. We are to, “Fight the good fight of faith” (1Tim. 6:12). One such time was Paul’s confrontational disagreement with the Apostle Peter.

At the Jerusalem Council (Acts 15), the questions, “What is the Gospel?” and “What must a person do to be saved?” were settled. According to Dr. C. I. Scofield, “Dispensationally, this the most important passage in the New Testament. It gives the divine purpose for this age and for the beginning of the next” (Page 1169). A transition was taking place. (See my tract: “Have You Made the Transition?” - WWW. BDTLB.org). God was shifting gears! A change was taking place because of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ! “Christ is the end of the Law for righteousness to every one that believeth” (Rom 10:4). If that means anything, it means that neither Jews or Gentiles have to keep the Jewish Law to be saved or holy! Salvation comes by “faith” in the faithfulness of Christ (Gal. 2:16,20) and holiness comes by, “walking in the Spirit” (Rom. 8:4). We are free from the Mosaic Law! We are “dead to the Law” (Gal. 2:19). We are not bound by all those laws and ceremonies. 

At this first church council, a great fight took place because the Judaizers wanted to enslave the Gentile converts to their legalism (Acts 15:5).  According to Galatians 2, Paul defended “that Gospel” which he preached (Gal. 2:2) – specifically the gospel which, “was not according to man, for he had not received it from any man; he had not been taught it.”  That gospel had come to him by direct “revelation” given to him “by Jesus Christ” (Gal. 1:11-17). Concerning this gospel he warned, “Though we, or an angel from Heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed” (Gal. 1:8).

At the same time, James, Peter and John, (the “Pillars” of the Jerusalem Church) “extended the right hands of fellowship to Paul and Barnabas” to verify the authenticity of Paul’s gospel being sent to the “heathen” and to reaffirm Peter’s apostolic authority to preach the Gospel to the Jews.  

Both Paul and Peter had an active and fruitful ministry. They had labored for a considerable time under the Scriptural guidelines set forth in Acts 15 and Galatians 2. Both believed in the oneness of Jews and Gentiles who believed in Christ. Peter testified, “God, which knows the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, as He did unto us; and put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith” (Acts 15:8-9). However, by the time Peter comes to the Antioch Church, which was composed largely of Gentiles, Peter played the part of a coward and a hypocrite because of the “fear of them…the circumcision.” He believed one thing but behaved in a contrary manner. He “walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel!” This is what ignited the controversy between Paul and Peter! The very barrier that once stood between both Jews and Gentiles - once removed by the finished work of Christ - was in danger of being rebuilt (Gal. 2:18). 

Lesson: The church cannot be run on legalism and be Christian in the Biblical sense of the word! Though we are sympathetic to, and can understand the pressure and intimidation brought to bear on Peter and others – (He even seduced Barnabas to frustrate the Gospel of God’s Grace (Gal. 2:13) - Peter was wrong and was to “blame.” Truth cannot be compromised without conflict. In this sad incident, we learn that it is better to follow Paul than Peter. Peter stumbled and wobbled occasionally in his spiritual life. His example is a reminder that we all are “smeared with the same stick!” We need to “walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise” (Eph. 5:15).

Thankfully, Peter recovered from this strong censure of the Apostle Paul (2 Peter 3:15-16) and serves as an encouragement to all when the finger of “blame” is pointed at us – there is hope and grace of our recovery too!  

God is the great reality. His resources are available and endless.
     His promises are real and glorious, beyond our wildest dreams.
                             J. B. Phillips

Our Purpose and Mission

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 04 Aug 2015, 8:03 pm

UNDER LAW OR UNDER GRACE? 
By Pastor Joel Finck

Scripture Reading: Romans 6:14

People are always looking for an excuse to sin. If they can somehow justify their sin with Scripture, so much the better --- or so they think. Paul knew that God's super-abounding grace would probably be misused by some to become lax about sin. Therefore, immediately after informing us that we "are not under the law, but under grace," he quickly added, "What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid" (Romans 6:14,15).

We should thank God we are not under the law! No longer are we required to bring animal sacrifices as an offering for sin. No more do we live in the bondage of the Mosaic code, which spelled out every detail of life and threatened death for those who slipped. What freedom we have in Christ! 

Yet Christian liberty was never designed to give us freedom to sin; rather, it was meant to give us freedom to serve. "For brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another" (Galatians 5:13).

Indeed, when we exercise genuine Christian love, we actually fulfill in a practical way that which the Law could never produce; that is, experiential righteousness. "Love worketh no ill to his neighbor: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law" (Romans 13:10). While so many today are trying to live by law, let us who know the grace of God live by grace, and thereby demonstrate to a dying world what the power of God can do in the life of a yielded believer. 

THOUGHT FOR THIS WEEK

Our worst days are never so bad
that you are beyond the reach of God's grace.
And your best days are
never so good that you are beyond the need of God's grace.
 -- Jerry Bridges

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 03 Aug 2015, 9:37 pm

NO FADS AND FASHIONS HERE
By Pastor Paul Hume

Scripture Reading: Mal. 3:6; Rom. 11:29; Jas. 1:17

It's really amusing to review the changes in men's and women's apparel over the years!  Remember the longer fuller dresses which women wore just a few  years ago at the outbreak of World War II? Remember the wide flowery neckties men wore in the mid-40's? Behold! How the hemline on feminine clothing has risen! How narrow men's ties became just a few years ago, and how wide they have suddenly become now! What will develop next? You never really know!

But not so with the Person of the blessed Godhead! Our Triune God is ever "young" and perfectly changeless. This is what the theologians call "the immutability of God." God is unchangeable. He is "the same, yesterday, today, and unto the ages." Therefore the Scriptures liken Him and His beloved Son unto. "the Rock" (Deut. 32:4, I Cor. 10:4).

He is immutable in His essence. "I am the Lord, I change not." Why? Simply because He is the only One in all the universe who can ever state, "I am that I am" (Ex. 3:14). "He is altogether uninfluenced by the flight of time. There is no wrinkle upon the brow of eternity." (A. W. Pink)

He is immutable in His attributes. Semper idem __always the same - is written over every attribute of our blessed God and Savior: His righteousness, holiness, His truth, His mercy, and His love. There-fore His blessed written Word is "forever settled in heaven" (Psa. 119:89). Think of that: "forever SETTLED..."!! 

His purpose is immutable. "The Lord of hosts hath sworn, saying...as I have purposed, so shall it stand... For the Lord of hosts hath purposed, and who shall annul it?" (Isa.14:24,27). Praise the Lord! May we echo with Frederick Faber: 

O Lord! my heart is sick
Sick of this everlasting change;
And life runs tediously quick
Through its unresting race and varied range;
Change finds no likeness to itself in Thee,
And wake's no echo in Thy mute Eternity.
Are you linked, by faith through the Holy Spirit, to this unchangeable One?

God doesn't call the qualified. 
He qualifies the ones He calls!

Should this Inspirational be a blessing and encouragement to you, why not send to a friend, coworker or, to your loved one who maybe defending the USA. The Word of God is so needed in our troubled world.  It is our heart at GRACE AND THE TRUTH and mission to reach as many people as we possibly can TO SHARE with them the Word of God and all that the Lord Jesus Christ has done for members of the body of Christ.  

Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, 
which from the beginning of the world 
hath been hid in God,
who created all things by Jesus Christ

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 02 Aug 2015, 10:15 pm

The Sins That Are Past 
   by Pastor C. R. Stam

In Chapter 3 of St. Paul’s letter to the Romans he declares that God has set forth Christ as a satisfaction for man’s sin and that redemption is obtained by faith in “His blood,” or His payment for sin at Calvary, entirely apart from works, religious or otherwise (Rom.3:21-26).

But in this same passage he states that this “remission”concerns the “sins that are past” (Ver. 25). What does he mean by this? Some have taught from this verse that when a sinner turns to God for salvation all his sins are forgiven up to that time and now that he is saved he is henceforth responsible for himself. But this would mean that God saves men by His grace only to turn them over again to their own weak and sinful natures. If this were the case, the converted sinner would be lost again the same day, for what Christian believer is wholly free from sin?

Paul rather looks back here at past ages and declares that we now know and proclaim that men like Abel, Noah and Abraham, and also like Moses,David and Daniel (who lived under the Law) were actually saved by the redemption wrought by Christ, although Christ’s death was still future in their day. In other words, Christ died, not only for the sins which we have committed, but also for the “sins which are past.” The believers of past ages simply believed what God told them then, and God counted them righteous (Gen. 15:6) on the basis of Christ’s coming payment for sin.

We have the same truth set forth in Hebrews 9:15, where we are told that Christ’s death availed also “for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first covenant,” i.e., the Law.

How blessed we are to live at a time when God’s plan of salvation has been fully revealed, and that we can now look to the Lord Jesus Christ and exclaim with Paul:

“He loved me, and gave Himself for me!” (Gal.2:20).

Our Purpose and Mission

We are wiling to help you on this journey just give us a call,   Paris

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 01 Aug 2015, 10:48 pm

ALIENATION AND RECONCILIATION
  by C. R. Stam

It is impossible, and unnecessary, to reconcile friends. Reconciliation postulates alienation. It is only after men become alienated that we may try to reconcile them. Thus the reconciliation of Jews and Gentiles to God "in one body"could not begin until Israel, along with the Gentiles, had been alienated from God. This is why the Apostle Paul declares in Rom. 11:15 that "the casting away of them is," or opens the way for, "the reconciling of the world." Thus "God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that He might have mercy upon all" (Rom. 11:32). Little wonder the Apostle goes on to exclaim:

"O, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are His judgments, and His ways past finding out!" (Ver. 33).

So now the wonderful message from God to a lost world is one of grace and peace, and it is with these words that the Apostle Paul opens all of his epistles signed by his name. In Ephesians 2, where he declares that we were all "the children of disobedience," and therefore "by nature the children of wrath," he goes on to tell of the riches of God's mercy and love and grace, and says:

"And [He] came and preached peace to you [Gentiles] which were afar off, and to them [Israelites] that were nigh" (Ver. 17).

What a blessing to enjoy peace with God, to be reconciled to Him! But this is possible only as we commit ourselves to Him who was "delivered for our offences and raised again for our justification." Indeed, Paul follows these words in Romans 4:25 with the declaration:

"Therefore, being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" (Rom. 5:1).

Dear God of faithfulness, how delightful to realize that my persistence of faith in You hinges on Your faithfulness toward me. I see that I can continue to depend upon You, because you are fully faithful to me. What expectation this gives me as I consider Your great promises! You will be faithful to fulfill every one of them, as I place my trust in You!

Our Purpose and Mission

2Co 5:16-21  Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we [him] no more.  Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.  And all things [are] of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;  To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.   Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech [you] by us: we pray [you] in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.  For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. 

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 31 Jul 2015, 1:51 pm

~PATTERN OF MERCY~
By M. Stanford

"That He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had a fore prepared unto glory" (Rom. 9:23).

Mercifully, day by day, He unfolds before our startled eyes the evil depths of the self-life. It is thus we come to know Him as the "God who is rich in mercy," and ourselves as "vessels of mercy."

"Today sinful men, not angels, are entrusted with the preaching of the Gospel, and before they can be used of God must first of all have plumbed the depths of their own sinfulness, and have, there-- fore, discovered the heights and glories of God's long-suffering. In this way they can become a pattern of His mercy, by means of which He can demonstrate His grace to others." - ].C.M.

"The power effectively to present Christ as Lord, is by means of revelation deep within us, bringing into being an unshakable knowledge of His authority and might, and making us content to accept our weakness and nothingness in order that we may see the pleasure of the Lord prosper in His hand (Isa. 53 :10)." - J.C.M.

"The more useful anyone is, the more he requires to be brought to an end of himself, and to find that his all is in the Lord Jesus. We find some of His servants deeply chastened at first, in order to prepare them for a useful course; and some after a useful period are brought low and afflicted in order that they might learn how truly and fully our Father is sovereign." - ].B.S.

"From Me is thy fruit found" (Hosea 14:8).

Our Purpose and Mission

We read in in Ephesians. 1:18 "The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of His calling, and what the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints," and in Colossians 2:2 " That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgment (epignosis) true knowledge of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ".

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 30 Jul 2015, 7:35 pm

DEATH-THE LAST ENEMY 
By Pastor Paul Sadler

Scripture Reading: I Corinthians 15:26

There are many who have the misconception that death means annihilation or cessation of existence. The Spirit of God defines the word as "separation." If we examine physical death we learn that at the moment of death the soul and spirit separates from the body (II Cor. 5:8). Medical science has told us for years that death takes place when the heart stops. Recently, however, they claim that death takes place when the brain impulses discontinue. They have finally caught up to what the Bible has taught for centuries, "the body without the spirit is dead" (James 2:26).

The believer has many enemies, the world, the flesh and the devil, also the enemy of death which will overcome these mortal bodies because of sin. But we are not as others who have no hope, but understand from God's Word that the Lord Jesus Christ overcame the power of death. It could not hold Him, He arose victoriously over it. This is why Paul was able to write to Timothy, "our Saviour Jesus Christ, Who hath abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel," It is good news to the believer that Christ has conquered death for us. Death has no claims on us for we shall be raised from the dead and have life and immortality.

Christ has abolished death and God has rendered it a defeated foe. Practically speaking, death still remains and will remain until the end. God at the White Throne Judgment will cast Death and Hades into the Lake of Fire (Rev. 20:14). Death and Hades here are personified (Rev. 6:8). The death angel here being representative of the circumstance of death and the angel hades being representative of the place of torment. After the last enemy is put away, God will sum up all things in Christ and the New Heaven & New Earth will remain forever without the enemy of death. 

Our Purpose and Mission

We read in in Ephesians. 1:18 "The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of His calling, and what the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints," and in Colossians 2:2 " That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgment (epignosis) true knowledge of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ".

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 29 Jul 2015, 9:17 pm

PROFIT 
 By Miles Stanford

"Heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ-sharing His inheritance with Him; only we must share His suffering if we are to share His glory" (Rom. 8:17, Amp.). 

The term "profit and loss" is reversed in the Christian life to "loss and profit." The principle never varies: our losses are all in the realm of the old, never the new. Every loss in the life of self brings greater gain and profit in the new --- our life in Christ. And, conversely, every gain for the self-life is loss for our growth and His glory. "But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ" (Phi1.3:7). 

"It is not the design of God to deprive His children of happiness, but only to pour the cup of bitterness into that happiness which the believer has in anything outside of Christ." - F.F. 

"Everything that tries us, that is a check upon us, that causes exercise of heart, and makes us sensible of weakness in ourselves, is of the nature of chastisement (child-training). It may come in the way of difficulties in the path of faith; or in the shape of such trials and sorrow as are common to all men---loss of property, loss of health, or bereavement; or it may be as the governmental consequences of sin; but in one way or other all have it. It is 'for our profit, that we might be partakers of His holiness' (Heb. 12:10). That is, it serves to break down that which is not of God in us, that the life of the Lord Jesus might be made manifest." - C.A.C. 

"When He hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold" (Job 23:10). 

Christ is our life (see Acts 17:28; Galatians 2:20; Philippians 1:21; Colossians 3:4). To become obsessed with anything other than Him is idolatry, even if that other obsession is religious rules. Perhaps the greatest danger in the American church is that we have lost our focus on Jesus Christ and have been focusing more on "Christian values;' which is merely morality by another name. 

Should this Inspirational be a blessing and encouragement to you, why not send to a friend, coworker or, to your loved one who maybe defending the USA. The Word of God is so needed in our troubled world.  It is our heart at  GRACE AND THE TRUTH and mission to reach as many people as we possibly can TO SHARE with them the Word of God and all that the Lord Jesus Christ has done for members of the body of Christ. 
    Our Purpose and Mission

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 28 Jul 2015, 7:42 pm

The Righteousness of God
By Gregg Bing

In Romans 10:1-4, the Apostle Paul expressed his heart's desire that his people, Israel, might be saved. These people had a zeal for God, but it was not according to knowledge. They were seeking to establish their own righteousness by the works of the law, and in doing so they demonstrated their ignorance of Gods righteousness. They failed to see that "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes."

The law was not given to make men righteous. The law required perfect and complete obedience to God's commands (Gal. 3:12); it had no power to give life because it was dependent on the flesh, and the flesh is weak. The law was given "that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. ... by the law is the knowledge of sin" (Rom. 3:19-20).

While the Mosaic Law certainly provided a standard of God's righteousness, it was not the means by which sinful men could become righteous. God has now revealed that righteousness is provided completely apart from the law. God sent His Son into this world to make known His righteousness to man. Certainly Jesus' life was an example of righteousness, but it was the cross that truly demonstrated the righteousness of God. God set forth His Son as a propitiation for our sins through the shedding of His blood. Christ paid in full the penalty for our sins, thus satisfying God's righteous requirements. He was made sin for us that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him (2 Cor 5:21). This was the only way God could remain righteous Himself and still be able to justify (declare righteous) sinful men. This leaves no room for boasting on our part. Clearly justification is not by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ and His finished work on Calvary (Rom. 3:28).

Have you submitted to the righteousness of God and trusted in Christ as your Savior, or are you hopelessly pursuing a righteousness of your own through the works of the law?

THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK

*Now blest in heavenly places
In Christ at God's right hand;
And filled with all His fulness
Complete in Him to stand.
Sing to the praise and glory
Of Him Who thus hath shown
Such gracious love and mercy,
To call us for His own."

----Wm Hallman

Our Purpose and Mission

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 27 Jul 2015, 5:52 pm

The God of Peace 
By K. Blades
Part Seven Conclusion

Our Godly Peace Today

The Godly peace is true and with us today. When we too through prayer intelligently commune with our Father about specific matters of His counsel and purpose with us as His "sons," it effectually works within us to displace disturbing thoughts about what may be happening to us and have them replaced with the Godly thinking that produces peace.

For this reason after our sonship edification gets underway in Romans 8:14ff, and we are taught the fundamentals of God's specific counsel and purpose with us as His "sons" in this present dispensation, we are then immediately exhorted to make use of that knowledge as we encounter the inevitable "sufferings of this present time" and tribulations of this life. Hence, for example, in Romans 12:12 we are told to be,...

12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in
tribulation; continuing instant
in prayer; (Romans 12:12)

Through what we are taught regarding God's counsel and purpose with us in this present dispensation we learn about the particular "hope" in which we should be "rejoicing." We also are taught to understand and appreciate a number of specific, fundamental reasons why we should be "patient in tribulation" when it occurs in our lives. Hence when such tribulation does occur, the issue for us is to think on the things that we are taught regarding God's counsel and purpose with us, and to commune with our Father about them by being "instant in prayer" in connection with them.

Now when we do occupy our minds with this information, and do intelligently commune with our Father about our tribulation specifically in the light of this information, it effectually works to produce within us the Godly peace that our Father Himself has regarding our situation. The tranquilizing ministry of prayer occurs within us as the disturbing and distressing thoughts that we have in response to the tribulation are displaced by the effectual working of God's word regarding us, making it so that our thoughts become the same as our Father's thoughts, and there-by producing Godly peace within us.

And not only so, but Godly peace is able to be effectually produced within us throughout the entire range of sufferings, afflictions, tribulations, and trouble to which we can be subject in this present dispensation. Nothing is outside its range, or beyond its capacity. For it is produced within us by the excellency of the power of God's word to us, which in perfect accordance with God's counsel and purpose regarding us has been specifically written to address and deal with every form of suffering to which we are subject as His "sons."

Wherefore even when it comes to facing the extreme tribulations belonging to the policy of evil against us, as was the case when Paul wrote to the saints in Philippi, the tranquilizing ministry of prayer is effectual. Hence as they faced death and were being 'terrified by their adversaries,' Paul said to them,...

4 Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.
      5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
      6 Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
     7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:4-7)

Indeed our Father is "the God of peace." He truly has provided for us to have His peace - Godly peace-in all areas of our lives. Both within and without; from mild disturbances to the most extreme occurrences of carefulness, anxiety, or distress.

May it be that through our sonship edification and sonship prayer, as we learn both general and specific matters regarding God's counsel and purpose with us and commune with Him about them in prayer, that we truly learn to know our Father and love Him as "the God of peace" that He is, and thereby possess peace "always by all means." Especially may this be so as we frequently encounter and experience any of the common "sufferings of this present time," but more so as we are privileged to bear any of "the sufferings of Christ." - K.R. Blades

Our Purpose and Mission

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 26 Jul 2015, 8:00 pm

The God of Peace 
By K. Blades
Part 6 of 7

However they will not be 'in a lurch.' For they will have much knowledge from God's word upon which to operate at  that time. Knowledge that is specifically designed to produce peace and stability within them in the very situations they find themselves, and knowledge that does this by being specifically about God's counsel and purpose with them during that time. Hence, as the following examples show, it will be by having their minds occupied with this specific knowledge, and communing with God about it in prayer, that they will have the peace that the Lord promised them when He said to them,...

In your patience possess ye
     your souls. (Luke 21 :19)

God has given them specific knowledge and information for 'their patience.' And when they operate upon it, and hold themselves accountable to it in prayer, they will be able to 'possess their souls' and be at peace within.

Note the reality of this, for example, in Psalm 94.

17 Unless the LORD had been
     my help, my soul had almost
     dwelt in silence.
       18 When I said, My foot
      slippeth; thy mercy, a LORD,
      held me up.
       19 In the multitude of my
      thoughts within me thy com-
      forts delight my soul. (Psalm
      94:17-19)

This Psalm has the final installment in God's program with Israel in view. In that time the remnant of Israel will be experiencing the temporary 'triumphing of the wicked' described in the beginning of the Psalm, along with all of the afflictions that they will experience as that apparent 'triumphing' takes place. However during that time there is a specific doctrine that God expects the remnant to have learned, and hence to have operating within them. This is the doctrine of the Lord Jesus Christ functioning as Israel's Avenger, fulfilling the third mandate of the Davidic Covenant. By its effectual working within them it is designed to give them the clear understanding of what is happening at that time and why. It teaches them about God's counsel and specific purpose with them during that time, including why the wicked are allowed to triumph to the extent they will and the wisdom of God in connection with it. As such this specific knowledge is designed to be  the subject of their prayers and their cries to God for vengeance, as the 'triumphing' is underway and the afflictions are experienced. 

Wherefore as this specific knowledge of God's counsel works effectually within them, the Psalmist declares,.. . 

12 Blessed is the man whom
     thou chastenest, 0 LORD,
     and teachest him out of thy
     law; 
      13 That thou mayest give him
     rest from the days of adver-
     sity, until the pit be digged for
     the wicked. (Psalm 94:12-13)

So then when the distress of this particular situation becomes overwhelming for the believing remnant during that time, as the Psalmist says there is tranquility, rest, and even delight for their souls as their prayers hold them accountable to the specific doctrine that God has given to them for this situation and it effectually works within them.

Hence as the Psalmist says, "In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul"; with those "comforts" being the specific knowledge from the law about the Lord being their Avenger at that time.

A similar type testimony is found earlier on in Psalm 55 and Psalm 61 in connection with some different afflictions.

16 As for me, I will call upon
     God; and the LORD shall save
     me.
       17 Evening, and morning, and
     at noon, will I pray, and cry
     aloud: and he shall hear my
     voice.
       18 He hath delivered my soul
     in peace from the battle that
     was against me: for there
     were many with me. (Psalm
     55:16-18)

1 Hear my cry, a God; attend
     unto my prayer.
      2 From the end of the earth will
     I cry unto thee, when my heart
     is overwhelmed: lead me to
     the rock that is higher than I.
    (Psalm 61 :1-2)

Our Purpose and Mission

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 25 Jul 2015, 8:36 pm

The God of Peace 
By K. Blades
Part 5 of 7

Godly Peace from "The God of Peace"

Now it is God's own brand of peace that He not only offers to us, but expects us to receive and operate upon in our lives. In connection with this, what the Lord said to His disciples in the climactic stage in Israel's program is also true regarding us in this present dispensation.

Peace I leave with you, my
peace I give unto you: not as
the world giveth, give I unto 
you. Let not your heart be
troubled, neither let it be
afraid. (John 14:27) 

The peace that God provides for us to have in this present dispensation is also "not as the world giveth." It too is "my peace"; i.e. God's own peace.

Furthermore just as the peace that the Lord gave to the remnant of Israel comes from specific information and knowledge about God's counsel and purpose with them in the climactic stage of their program, so too does our peace come from specific knowledge and information regarding God's counsel and purpose with us as His "sons" in this present dispensation. Through both general and specific information thereon God provides us with the ability to possess the very thinking and understanding that He operates upon regarding us. This makes it so that when we likewise think what He thinks, and understand what He understands, it effectually produces within us the same peace and contentment that it produces in Him.

Therefore when this is the case with us we not only have peace from "the God of peace," but we truly have Godly peace. That is, we have the very same peace that God Himself possesses.

Let's appreciate the reality of this by briefly considering some examples of it. First in God's program with Israel. Then we will deal with our Godly peace today.

Godly Peace in God's Program with Israel

The book of Psalms deals with many of the distressing, worrisome, and dreadful situations that the remnant of Israel will experience throughout the climactic stage in Israel's program. In particular, as their program enters its final installment, the intense afflictions that will come upon them will have the tendency to easily overwhelm them and drive them to despair. Indeed, this will be one of the objectives of the Adversary's persecution as he works to 'wear them out' and have their hearts fail them in their stand for the truth.

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next