World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 27 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 27 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyToday at 12:25 am by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 11:42 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 11:37 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 11:34 pm by Admin

» israelAM
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 11:30 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 11:03 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 10:21 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 10:15 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 9:26 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 11:21 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:34 pm by Admin

» AISH
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:18 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:02 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 12:08 am by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024, 11:32 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024, 11:21 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024, 10:47 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024, 10:42 pm by Admin

» Strangling Israel slowly
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyMon 15 Apr 2024, 11:37 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Daily Disciples

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Daily Disciples - Page 5 Empty Re: Daily Disciples

Post  Admin Mon 04 Sep 2017, 9:36 pm

September 4

Today’s Reading: Psalms 137; 1 Corinthians 13

Today’s Thoughts: Admit Your Fears

Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You. - Psalm 56:3

Is it hard for you to admit that you are afraid or fearful of something? Think of the circumstances and people that occupy your mind during the day. Are your thoughts filled with peace or fear? It is difficult to admit as Christians that we are fearful. For some reason we believe that the presence of fear disqualifies the strength of our faith. But it is foolish to believe that Christians are not fearful. Every stage we enter in our walk with the Lord has to shake our faith in order for us to understand the seriousness of the choices at hand. I love the Word of God, the Lord allows us to be honest about our fears and then helps us work through them as we learn from the examples of others as described in His Word.

When reading Psalm 56, we learn that David wrote this Psalm. From what we know about David, we know a boy who could slay a lion and a bear to protect his sheep. Then we know him as a man who was a mighty warrior and wise king. And yet, God allows us to see into this man’s heart and we find that David was a lot like us, struggling with fears at times. But what makes David, “a man after God’s own heart,” was that he knew what to do about his fears. Those fears did not separate him from the Lord or hinder his faith. David had faith amidst the fears. How?

First, David made a conscious effort in prayer to admit to God that he was fearful. As believers, we often tend to not include the Lord in our fears, knowing that we shouldn’t be "fearing" anything but Him. Not David, he understood that the Lord sees and knows all things about us. We can’t hide from the Lord, so why pretend He doesn’t know how we are feeling?

Next, David confidently told the Lord that he chose to trust in Him about those fearful things. So now, think of those things again that are fear inducing in your life. Talk to the Lord about them. Tell Him everything you are thinking. Now, tell the Lord that you choose to trust Him with those very things. You might have to tell Him over and over, but in time, you will train yourself to be like David...a man after God’s own heart.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.
Daily Disciples Ministries, Inc.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 03 Sep 2017, 10:34 pm

September 3

Today’s Reading: Psalms 140; 1 Corinthians 14:1-20

Today’s Thoughts: Does Your Heart Burn?

Then their eyes were opened and they knew Him; and He vanished from their sight. And they said to one another, "Did not our heart burn within us while He talked with us on the road, and while He opened the Scriptures to us?" - >Luke 24:31-32

One of my favorite stories in the New Testament is the story of the two on the road to Emmaus. They had heard the account from the women who had gone to the tomb and found it empty. Jesus was gone. His body was not in the tomb. All of their hopes for a king were gone as well. But as they walked and discussed all that had happened, Jesus showed up. Jesus began to question them about what had happened, as they were completely unaware of Whom they were talking to. After breaking bread with them, Jesus vanished and then they knew. Their eyes had been opened to the spiritual realm and they got it. Their hearts burned within them as Jesus talked to them. They understood His Word. The Scriptures came alive to them, just as, "the Word became flesh and dwelt among them" (John 1:14).

Has your heart ever burned within you as if Jesus were speaking to you personally? Jesus left us His Word and His Holy Spirit. Through the Holy Spirit living within our hearts, we can discern spiritual things, and it is only through the Holy Spirit that we can comprehend the Word of God. When we fall in love with His Word, we have fallen in love with Him. We find ourselves unable to get enough of His presence. We just want more of Jesus. It is then that we begin to have our eyes truly opened to know Him personally.

Praise God today that we do not have to hope for an encounter with Jesus. If we have accepted Him into our hearts as our Savior, then we have His Spirit living within us. Through reading and studying the Bible, we can understand His ways and grow in the knowledge of Him. Our lives will change, day by day, from glory to glory. Read Luke chapter 24 today as part of a further study in the Word. Ask the Lord to open your mind to understand the Scriptures. Maybe you will find your heart burning within you, before you are done.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 01 Sep 2017, 6:11 pm

September 1

Today's Reading: Psalms 135; 1 Corinthians 12

Today's Thoughts: Jesus Lives

They asked her, "Woman, why are you crying?" "They have taken my Lord away," she said, "and I don't know where they have put him." At this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, but she did not realize that it was Jesus. "Woman," he said, "why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?" Thinking he was the gardener, she said, "Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will get him." Jesus said to her, "Mary." She turned toward him and cried out in Aramaic, "Rabboni!" (which means Teacher) John 20:13-16

Can anyone take the Lord away from us? Mary thought so. Her heart was broken, her Lord was dead and now she thought His body had been taken away. Mary cried deeply, thinking that someone could have taken the only part left of Him away from her. At this point, she did not even notice that angels were speaking to her. She just wanted Jesus back. Even when Jesus was standing (literally) behind her, Mary thought He was the gardener. In her loyalty and despite her depression, Mary was willing to do whatever it would take to "get Him" back.

Her devotion is sincere but how can she serve a dead God? What kind of Lord would we have if others could change His position or steal His body? What kind of God would we serve if we have the ability to lose or misplace Him? That kind of god puts the burden on us, regardless of how devoted or sincere we may be. Thank the Lord Jesus that He arose from the grave. We do not worship a dead god but a living Lord. We worship a God who has placed all the burdens on Himself. We do not have to find Him because He never loses us. And God promises that if we seek Him, we will find Him as He comes to us. We are never lost from His sight. We may not see Him but He is always there, even sometimes from behind.

I love the verse in Isaiah 30:21 that says, "Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, 'This isthe way, walk in it,' Whenever you turn to the right hand Or whenever you turn to the left." God does lead us from behind at times and we can feel that we have lost Him. But like Mary in John 20:16, when Jesus calls your name even from behind, you will recognize His voice. Remember to keep seeking Him and desiring to be with Him even if He seems to be missing. You have not lost Him because He can never lose you. He conquered death on a cross and rose again. Jesus is the Resurrection and the Life and He is always with us, leading us in every step.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 31 Aug 2017, 11:04 pm

August 31

Today's Reading: Psalms 132; 1 Corinthians 11:17-34

Today's Thoughts: Exercise Your Faith

After these things the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision, saying, "Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your exceedingly great reward." But Abram said, "Lord God, what will You give me, seeing I go childless, and the heir of my house is Eliezer of Damascus?" Then Abram said, "Look, You have given me no offspring; indeed one born in my house is my heir!" And behold, the word of the Lord came to him, saying, "This one shall not be your heir, but one who will come from your own body shall be your heir." Then He brought him outside and said, "Look now toward heaven, and count the stars if you are able to number them." And He said to him, "So shall your descendants be." And he believed in the Lord, and He accounted it to him for righteousness. - Genesis 15:1-6

When God gave Abram the promise that his descendants would be as countless as the stars in the heavens, Abram and Sarai were old and had no children. This promise was still several years away from fulfillment even as the Lord made this covenant with Abram. But despite the circumstances of the current situation, Abram "believed in the Lord" and all that He was telling him. God accounted him as righteous because of his great faith.

It takes incredible faith to believe in a God you have never seen. It takes even more faith to believe in His promises that will directly impact your life. Great faith comes from our resolve to believe in the Lord and who He is, not what we can prove or intellectualize about Him. As a matter of fact, faith can be downright silly in man's eyes, even foolish. Instead of being self-conscious or embarrassed we should all pray to be more foolish in our faith. Why not expect God to move mountains in our lives?

Where is your faith today? Faith is meant to be active, not passive. If we do not keep exercising our faith, we get weak and can be tossed to and fro when the enemy comes to strike. Get into the Word of God on a regular basis and ask the Lord to increase your faith. When you get that sense within your spirit that you need to move, do it...step out and go for it. Sometimes when the fear is the greatest, you have to ask yourself: who is trying to stop you and why? Fear is not of the Lord. So why is the enemy causing you to fear? He does not want you to succeed. Faith brings success.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 30 Aug 2017, 2:19 pm

August 30

Today’s Reading: Psalms 129; 1 Corinthians 11:1-16

Today’s Thoughts: How often do you read the Bible?

Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. - John 8:31-32

Last week, I picked up the USA Today newspaper. On the bottom corner, there was a USA Today Snapshot that was entitled: How often we read the Bible? I was surprised by the results:

▪ At least once a month 53%
▪ Rarely 22%
▪ Never 24%
▪ Don’t know 1%

These percentages imply that the majority of the people in the USA are looking for God through the Bible in some way. Many of us claim that we had a God-moment or a God-inspired thought. God’s spoken word can even be misinterpreted by our own spin or by the spin of another’s interpretation. But when life circumstances challenge those moments, thoughts or other’s comments, we need something more solid. We need something that speaks right to our heart directly. God’s written word is where 53% of us go to seek encouragement, answers and Truth. It is amazing to me that God’s living Word, Jesus, quoted God’s written Word. If Jesus quoted the Bible, how much more do we need to get familiar with the Bible today?

Bobbye and I wrote a book called “Building Divine Intimacy.” The primary objective was to teach other’s how to have a real relationship with the Lord. Some of the chapters deal with prayer, worship, how to apply the Bible to your daily life and learning to discern God’s voice over all the other voices and noises. We have had amazing testimonies like from Karen, “Thank you so much for writing this book. You finally put in words what my heart was seeking to know.”

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 28 Aug 2017, 8:00 pm

August 28

Today’s Reading: Psalms 123; 1 Corinthians 10:1-18

Today’s Thoughts: Whom Are You Seeking?

Jesus said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?” >John 20:15

The first person Jesus appeared to after His death was to Mary Magdalene. She had already told the disciples that Jesus’ body was missing. Peter and John ran to see. Peter did see but John saw and believed. The word “believe” means that he put his trust in God for what had happened. None of them had yet understood the resurrection. He just believed that God was responsible for the missing body of Jesus.

While the disciples went home, Mary stayed at the tomb. She wept and stooped down to look into the tomb. Two angels in white were seated there and they spoke with her. She continued crying and questioning and seeking Jesus, despite the actual presence of angels. She would only be satisfied with Jesus Himself. Jesus stood behind her, but it wasn’t until He called her by name that she turned and clung to Him. I can imagine Mary was thinking, “You got away from me once and I am not letting You go again.” Once again, Mary went to the disciples, but this time with a different message. She had sought Jesus and He found her.

The first person Jesus revealed Himself to as “the Christ” was the Samaritan woman (John 4). And the first person Jesus revealed Himself to after His death was Mary Magdalene. If you, male or female, are seeking Jesus, He will reveal Himself to you. He shows no partiality or favoritism. We are all given the same Holy Spirit, and one day, we each will behold our Lord face to face. But as of today His promise stands that if you seek Him, you will find Him if you search for Him with all your heart. Whom are you seeking?

Daily Disciples Ministries, Inc

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 27 Aug 2017, 8:51 pm

August 27

Today's Reading: Psalms 120:1-6; 1 Corinthians 9

Today's Thoughts: Preparing to Run

Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it. - >1 Corinthians 9:24

How often do we feel as though we are running a race? Life seems to be one big race. We run from place to place to get things done, just to accomplish one more task. But what about the race of life? Some of us run from parts of our lives, some run from the past, some run towards the future, and some just run in circles. Do we ever win this race? Do we even see the finish line? What prize do we expect to receive?

Let us examine the basic components of running a physical race to help better understand the spiritual race. The first step usually involves some sort of training, which depends upon the type and length of race. Good equipment and accessories are integral parts of preparation and participation, such as clothing, shoes, and personal timing devices. Because slight dehydration can jeopardize the heartiest competitor, nutritional supplementations and liquid replacements are critical for endurance and stamina. And a final key component for any serious participant involves their own personal desire and commitment to complete the race, despite hardships and pain. One should not even consider entering a race without some of these basic necessaries.

In Hebrews 12:1, Paul says that we should "run with endurance the race that is set before us." This race is not about our physical lives but our spiritual lives for Christ. As Christians, we should be racing towards "the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 3:14), not racing for the things of this world but for the eternal prize in God's kingdom.

So how do we successfully compete in this spiritual race? Our training must involve a progressive and disciplined program that equips us with God's wisdom, knowledge and discernment. A Christian church teaching God's Word is an essential component. Other tools include reading the Bible daily accompanied with prayer. A good church, Bible reading and prayer will be used heavily during the race. These necessities are best when supplemented with Bible studies, prayer groups, and volunteer services. The most critical component that CANNOT be compromised involves our sincere desire to surrender our heart and everything in it to the Lord Jesus Christ. If we commit to these basic steps, our race will be run with the assurance of a strong finish to this earthly life.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 26 Aug 2017, 10:43 am

August 26

Today’s Reading: Psalms 119:89-176; 1 Corinthians 8

Today’s Thoughts: Unconditional Promises

For the children of Israel walked forty years in the wilderness, till all the people who were men of war, who came out of Egypt, were consumed, because they did not obey the voice of the Lord--to whom the Lord swore that He would not show them the land which the Lord had sworn to their fathers that He would give us, "a land flowing with milk and honey." Then Joshua circumcised their sons whom He raised up in their place; for they were uncircumcised, because they had not been circumcised on the way.  So it was, when they had finished circumcising all the people, that they stayed in their places in the camp till they were healed. Then the Lord said to Joshua, "This day I have rolled away the reproach of Egypt from you." Therefore the name of the place is called Gilgal to this day. - >Joshua 5:6-9

God's promises are not conditional. He will fulfill every promise, but in His way and in His time and to whom He wills. God heard the cries of the Israelites when they were slaves to Pharaoh. God had promised Abraham that after 400 yearsof bondage, He would rescue his descendents. That time came and God fulfilled His promise by sending Moses. Despite the Egyptians hard hearts and selfishness, God had His way and the Israelites left Egypt. Through God's outstretched arm and mighty powers, God brought plagues and parted the Red Sea. Nothing is impossible for the Lord. However, the Israelites' hearts were hardened too. After different trials and tests in the desert, it was obvious that their prayer for freedom had not been about the freedom to worship God, but for freedom from difficult circumstances. Once the circumstances became difficult in the desert, these same people chose to forsake their God who had rescued them.

Because of Moses' intercession, the next generation would be the ones who would receive the promises of God and enter into the land flowing with milk and honey. Their willingness to obey and attitude mattered to God. They needed to be obedient to His commands; however, God did not remind them about obedience to the covenant of circumcision until after they crossed the Jordan River. So you see that God's promises were not predicated upon their flesh but on His promises. However, in time--God's time, God would make sure that they kept up their end of the deal. We find ourselves in the same kind of relationship with the Lord today. We can accept Christ and receive His Holy Spirit regardless of our behaviors. He will empower us and use us to fulfill all that He has for us. But as time goes by, He continually reminds us and asks us to keep in line with our part of the relationship. Our willingness and attitude matter first and then our obedience proves if we take His promises seriously.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 25 Aug 2017, 1:23 pm

August 25

Today’s Reading: Psalms 119:1-88; 1 Corinthians 7:20-40

Today’s Thoughts: Our Witness to Our Faith

Therefore, having obtained help from God, to this day I stand, witnessing both to small and great, saying no other things than those which the prophets and Moses said would come--that the Christ would suffer, that He would be the first to rise from the dead, and would proclaim light to the Jewish people and to the Gentiles." >Acts 26:22-23

My husband has been working with a client who was born and raised Buddhist. She is vice president of a large publishing company. She is smart, tenacious, tough and lost. In working with her over the past few months, my husband has made his faith very clear to her. As the project comes to a close, it seems that their conversations on faith have increased even more. She is open to talking with him about the subject. So often, we find ourselves in situations where we either get that one shot to witness, or we get shot down before even starting. In this case, my husband and this high-powered executive keep debating the issues. These conversations have brought her to a point of admitting how little she truly knows about her own religion. He has been asking her to tell him exactly what she believes. How does it work? And most importantly, he asked her a simple question, "Do you really believe in it?"

Jesus asks this question to those around Him, "Do you believe in the Son of God?" Many people find a place in organized religion but have no idea of what or whom they really believe in. We are born and raised in religious traditions. We like the routines, the fellowship, and the comfort such activities bring to our lives. Since when did Jesus use the word "comfort" to describe our walk with Him? Yes, He gives us comfort and peace through His Holy Spirit. But Jesus was clear in saying that He came with a sword, dividing friends and families (Matthew 10:34-35). Placing anyone or anything, including church traditions, above Jesus Christ will bring division between people who choose Him against those who choose their religion.

Many people do not know what to do or what to say at these times. What do we say? How much do we say? When should we speak about our faith? And on and on we wonder and ponder. I like what Paul says in today's verses. First, he says that he gets "help from God." The Holy Spirit will impress, lead and direct us in what to do. Next, Paul knows he must "stand." Sometimes we need to stand, hold our position, be honest, but not start debates unless we are led to do so. Then, Paul says he witnessed "both to small and great." We must seize the opportunity when we know it is time, regardless of who it is, how many there are, or whatever the circumstances. Sometimes we need to not think too much and just let the Lord work through us.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 24 Aug 2017, 9:39 pm

August 24

Today's Reading: Psalms 116; 1 Corinthians 7:1-19

Today’s Thoughts: In the Morning

My voice You shall hear in the morning, O Lord; In the morning I will direct it to You,And I will look up. Psalm 5:3

Have you ever noticed the difference between waking up with an alarm clock versus sleeping until you naturally wake up? When it comes to doing morning devotions, there is a huge difference between the two. Personally, I love to sleep in. But once I am up, I do not slow down; I make the most of my day. I rarely sit down unless I am eating or in a meeting. So I am thankful to the Lord that I have no trouble falling asleep and staying asleep. It is the waking up that gives me the most trouble.

For years, I set aside a "quiet time," to just be quiet to pray and to read my Bible during the day. But because of my personality and because of the activities of the day competing for my attention (like work, the kids and the phone), I became too distracted to concentrate on the things of God. I would read verses like Psalm 5:3 and know deep within my heart that I needed to get up before the day started. It took a long time and a lot of prayer to get me into the habit and pattern of waking up early. It is only in the early mornings that I am in a better place to hear from the Lord because there is nothing competing against His words. During this quiet time, I can enjoy the freedom from the noise of the day. The house is quiet and peaceful in the pre-dawn hours.

It is funny that if I was going on vacation or needed to catch a plane, I could more easily get out of bed to the buzzing noise of an alarm clock. But how come with the things of God, we resist so much? Personally, I believe it is because we resist the words ‘discipline’ and ‘dependency’. We need to discipline our bodies to wake up early and we do it to show our dependency on needing the Lord to help us. God loves us and has so much to give to us. His ways are of peace. For me, I have learned that an extra hour in bed cannot compare with the peace I receive spending quiet time with Him first thing; for Jesus says, "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you" (Matthew 6:33).

My encouragement to you is to try it. Set your alarm half an hour earlier than you normally get up and make a commitment to do it every day for a week. And give that half hour to the Lord, ask Him to wake you up to His words and to give you the peace that will carry you throughout your day. When you make this change in your daily habits, God will bless you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 23 Aug 2017, 11:26 am

August 23
Today's Reading: Exodus 23; Matthew 20:1-16

Today's Thoughts: Little by Little

Little by little I will drive them out from before you, until you have increased, and you inherit the land.

>Exodus 23:30

In Chapter 23, God grants the Israelites various promises, including utterly overthrowing and completely cutting off their enemies. The Lord further states that He will bless their bread and water and take their sicknesses away. With the Lord on their side, the Israelites cannot lose. But in verse 30, the Lord says that He will fulfill His promises by driving out their enemies little by little. Why? Why doesn't God just wipe their enemies out like He did the Egyptians as they entered the Red Sea? What benefit is there to do it little by little?

Exodus 23:29 says "I will not drive them out from before you in one year, lest the land become desolate and the beast of the field become too numerous for you." In other words, a place of instant abundance and blessings would be harmful for the Israelites. Blessings are not true blessings unless they come when we are able to handle them. Think of areas in your life that you would love to see the Lord work in you today. Maybe you need deliverance from sin that seems to have trapped you or maybe it is your finances. The list can go on and on. God wants to deliver you and bless you, but He will only give you what you can handle. God knows what is best for us. Even the blessings can become curses if we do not have the wisdom, maturity and honesty to handle them.

The Lord's timing is never too late nor too slow. He is patient and kind, assessing the whole situation, so that when He fulfills His promises in you, you will be able to receive them in peace. We want the quick fix or the instant gratification. We want the immediate and the miraculous. However, God's ways are not our ways and He desires to give us a future life in His promises. Little by little, complete victory will be yours by having faith and patience day by day.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 22 Aug 2017, 11:00 am

August 22

Today's Reading: Psalms 110; 1 Corinthians 5

Today's Thoughts: To Stay or To Go

I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one. >John 17:15

After reading the prayer of Jesus, I realize how far I am from understanding the truth of His message. Jesus prayed that we not be taken out of the world but that the Father would keep us from the evil one. There are times when some of us want to be taken out of this world as soon as possible just to be in heaven with Jesus. When you love someone, you want to be with them, and as Christians, our hearts yearn to be closer to Jesus. Other times, life here on earth is so hard and such a struggle that we want to be taken out just to get out of here. Admit it; we all have felt this way at times. But these feelings are no surprise to the Lord.

Jesus' prayer to keep us in the world was truly based on love. He has provided everything we need for life and godliness, despite our circumstances. He has given us creation to see His handiwork and understand His unlimited abilities. He has given us His Word that sanctifies us and sets us apart for Him. And He has given us His own testimony as Jesus, Son of God, who walked on this earth and lived in this world. He prayed that the Father would not take us out of this world but to keep us from the evil one. Jesus prayed that we be made one with Him while remaining on earth. At times, it seems impossible to walk against the pattern of this world. We can take comfort in knowing that Jesus understands what we are going through. Our only hope is to depend on Him, which is exactly what He wants in the first place.

Where are you today? Do you secretly desire at times to be taken to heaven? Only you know the reasons why you feel this way but know today that Jesus has a plan for you being right here, right now. He loves you and has a plan for your life. Ask the Lord to give you strength in times of trouble, peace in times of struggle and hope when the world seems to be hopeless. Only in Jesus can we stay in this world and experience heaven on earth.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 21 Aug 2017, 9:40 pm

August 21

Today’s Reading: Psalms 107; 1 Corinthians 4

Today’s Thoughts: The Power of Imitation

"Therefore I urge you, imitate me." >1 Corinthians 4:16

We are masters at imitation. Whether we are copying someone else or they are copying us, we are continually being influenced and adapting our personality to the conformity of others. We may not realize that the things we do or wear or say are a result of imitating someone or something in our culture.

Paul understands these issues when he says to the Corinthians "imitate me." They were living in the world and enjoying being of the world. Paul knew that they needed a living example to follow. He became their example, a real person from whom to watch and to learn. Paul also knew that their only hope was in Jesus. He was the One they must ultimately learn to imitate.

Second Corinthians 4:18 says that, "we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal." Our focus should only be on Jesus Christ our Savior. This world and all that is in it will someday be gone. Where will you be when this happens? Do you choose your friends wisely, those who set the example in Christ as Paul did? Or are you influenced more by the world's temporary offerings, instead of Christ's eternal promises? How accountable are you to set godly examples for those who are imitating you? Ask the Lord to help you become the role model and example that He wants you to be for others. His Holy Spirit will guide you in this role.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 20 Aug 2017, 10:52 am

August 20

Today’s Reading: Psalms 105; 1 Corinthians 3

Today’s Thoughts: Constantly changing

For I will not contend forever, Nor will I always be angry; For the spirit would fail before Me, And the souls which I have made. - >Isaiah 57:16

Christianity is like redecorating an older home. When you change the look of one room, suddenly you realize that the rest of the house does not look as good any more. The Lord does the same with us. He starts working on one area of our character and then suddenly we realize that a lot more change is needed.

How do we not get overwhelmed by it all? How do we prevent ourselves from getting discouraged? There are times, after I have been confronted with an issue, that I have wondered how I got along all these years without realizing that change was needed. Other times, after God addresses something, I have wondered why God has decided to work on these aspects of my character now. The saying, "He never gives up on you," is so true. Whether good or bad, the Lord takes you as His own and will make you like His own. He will not give up, even when we ask Him.

The only way to faithfully get through the refining process every day is by understanding the character of God. He is a God of love, patience, kindness and gentleness. He will never lead us where He cannot keep us. But for us to receive more of His blessings, He needs to make sure our own character can handle them. The Lord disciplines those He loves and desires for each of us to live in His abundant blessings. However, there is a level of responsibility with each blessing, and that requires change.

If you find yourself in the fiery furnace right now, find promises on the love of God. Think on these things. You will find yourself yielding to Him, with less resistance and you will get through just fine.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 19 Aug 2017, 11:31 am

August 19

Today’s Reading: Psalms 103; 1 Corinthians 2

Today’s Thoughts: Our Father Helps Us

I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling. - >1 Corinthians 2:3

My children come to me the quickest and the loudest when they are weak, fearful or trembling. Someone knocked them down, something scared them or something just does not "seem fair." As they bare their concerns and worries to my listening ear, they regain composure to walk right back into the same exact situation. Usually nothing has changed, neither the circumstances nor the playmates, but by expressing those concerns to me, they were changed.

We need to remember that God is our heavenly Father. He is waiting for us to come to Him and bare our souls. It is in those times of weakness, fear and trembling that we need to learn to talk to Him. We need His strength to get back out there again. I pray for this frequently. Why? Because, like Paul, I have found in my walk with Christ that, "when we are weak then He is strong" (2 Corinthians 12:10). God's strength is made perfect, or complete, in weakness. In times of helplessness and panic, I find hope and peace only when giving those burdens to Christ. And after sensing His strength and power flowing through that weakness, fear and trembling, I know without a doubt that the living God alone has heard my cry. The situation or circumstance may not change but I change and when I change, He gets the glory.

Today, give God whatever situation is making you feel weak, fearful and helpless. Ask Him to fill you with His power and wisdom. Ask Him to work a miracle and change the situation, or ask Him to just change you--which also would be a miracle. Record it and watch what God does.

Pray about it: Oh Lord, I pray that You may increase and I may decrease (John 3:30). I pray that your power may be perfected in my weakness, for I know that when I am weak, You are strong. I want to draw from Your strength today. Use me for Your glory.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 18 Aug 2017, 11:10 am

August 18

Today's Reading: Psalms 100; 1 Corinthians 1
Today's Thoughts: Thanks be to God

Make a joyful shout to the LORD, all you lands!
Serve the LORD with gladness;
Come before His presence with singing.
Know that the LORD, He is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,

And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
For the LORD is good;
His mercy is everlasting,
And His truth endures to all generations. - Psalm 100

Let us all be thankful for our freedom and for our founding fathers who laid the God-fearing foundation for this great nation. But above everything else, let us not forget the One who made us. We are God's people--we are His sheep and this nation is still His pasture. Take time today to give Him praise and thanksgiving for the true freedom that we have in His Son Jesus Christ. Make a joyful noise to the Lord! Pray for our nation today. As Christians, we should all be greatly concerned at how our lawmakers are turning away from God in their choices and decisions. God's mercy is everlasting but there is a day of judgment coming. Pray that our nation will turn back to the Lord. One by one, as Christians, we can make a difference. Let's start today.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 15 Aug 2017, 11:53 pm

August 15

Today’s Reading: Psalms 91; Romans 15:1-13

Today’sThoughts: Under the Shelter of His Wings

And He shall cover you with His feathers. And under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your a shield and buckler. - Psalm 91:4

Some summers ago, our family purchased a 6-week old male cockatiel. But it was around a month ago that I started noticing behavioral changes in Mercy as he began to softly sing songs, slowly rocking back and forth, while hiding in dark, quiet and soft places (like our sock drawer). He seemed to be nesting. Was Mercy having an identity crises or was our male bird “a girl”? One day, the mystery was solved as Mercy laid an egg. She actually laid a total of 3 eggs during 1 week period of time. But with the first egg, Mercy took on the role of a mother. She would stay in the corner of the cage to protect the eggs. She did not want to get her eggs dirty so she would not leave any droppings while in the cage. Mercy waited until we lifted her off the eggs and got her out of the cage. She stopped chirping to not give away her position. Our little bird suddenly and instinctively changed. It was amazing.

After watching how Mercy sheltered her eggs, I began to understand why God uses a bird’s wings to describe Himself to us. Mercy would skillfully gather her rolling eggs and gently sit on them. However, her little body was not big enough to cover all three eggs. So, she would then tilt her body slightly forward and gracefully expand her wings to keep the three eggs protected from injury and to keep the eggs very warm. She was completely determined and resolved to stay in this position to keep the eggs under her wings. Mercy would even sleep in this position as her head would fall forward and rest on the floor of the cage. Only if I lifted her off the eggs to eat, drink and exercise, would Mercy leave her eggs.

If this little bird would do all this for empty, unfertilized eggs, how much more does our Heavenly Father protect and comfort us? The Lord’s biggest difficulty with us must be that His little eggs have feet to get up and leave the nest! I suddenly realized that He honors our unwillingness to not stay under the shelter of His wings. It is not best for us but we have a choice.

How many of us need to return to His nest? Do you need to find a place of rest and warmth by the counsel and comfort of His Spirit? God is faithful and during this difficult season in our economy, know that He never leaves you nor forsakes you. Rest in His nest as you open His Word and seek Him for wisdom and discernment. He will provide for us and protect us. It is God’s heart desire to gather us as chicks.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 14 Aug 2017, 5:22 pm

August 14

Today's Reading: Psalms 89; Romans 14

Today's Thoughts: Why Do We Suffer?

Yet it was the Lord's will to crush him and cause him to suffer, and though the Lord makes his life a guilt offering, he will see his offspring and prolong his days, and the will of the Lord willprosper in his hand. After the suffering of his soul, he will see the light of life and be satisfied; by his knowledge my righteous servant will justify many, and he will bear their iniquities. Isaiah 53:10-11

We struggle when we think that we will have to experience "trials of various kinds." Various kinds of trials invariably come with suffering. It does not take much effort to see that there is so much suffering, but we wonder: Why do Christians have to experience it when Jesus came to give us life abundantly? We frequently forget that the abundant life starts here, amidst all the suffering. We all know that there are more ways to suffer than just physically. Mental, emotional and circumstantial events can all bring aspects of suffering. At any given time, we could be faced with a serious trial by any one of these means. Why would God allow that to happen?

The word Christian means "little Christ." As Christians, we are not greater than our Master and His call on earth was to suffer. The NIV says that He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not (Isaiah 53:3). Jesus was filled with all the fruit of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control) while still suffering and in sorrow. That is the goal of the Christian's life. Despite all the emotional, mental, physical, circumstantial torment, we have love, joy, peace, patience--through it all.

The rain falls on the just and unjust alike. It falls on the saved and the unsaved. We are not spared from trials because we are Christians. But it is through the everyday issues of life that we are changed into Christ-likeness because of them. Jesus is our example as well as our intercessor who knows and understands whatever we are facing. Turn to face Him, knowing that the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 13 Aug 2017, 3:34 pm

August 13
Today’s Reading: Psalms 87; Romans 13

Today’s Thoughts: Knowing Christ

But the Jews did not believe concerning him, that he had been blind and received his sight, until they called the parents of him who had received his sight. John 9:18

To open the eyes of the blind was a clear sign that Jesus was the Messiah. The religious leaders knew that no one could open the eyes of the blind. However, they did not believe that the man had really received his sight until his parents confirmed the fact that he had been born blind. The Jews choose to not believe that Jesus healed his sight.

Today, Jesus is still performing miracles as He gently touches us and others. He is still answering prayers on a daily basis. Nevertheless, like the Pharisees, we do not always appreciate the work of God because of the hardness of our own hearts. We personally want to tell God what He can and cannot do. We want to challenge the miracles and call them “coincidences” or deny that a miracle happened at all. We talk Christianity and try to exclude the "Christ."

I had a man say to me once that he tried “that Christianity stuff and it did not work”. He went on to tell me that he read the Bible, prayed and did good works within the church but it was only a phase. I then asked him the following questions: "Have you ever gotten down on your knees, begging God to cleanse you from your sins? Have you ever told the Lord that you only desired to live for Him, to serve Him and to follow Him wherever He wanted? Have you ever had such a hunger and thirst to read His words that He placed within His book just to get to know Him better? Did you ever want Jesus more than you wanted anything else and desired to please Him in everything you did?" He clearly and quickly answered, "NO." And I said, "Then I don't think that you ever came to know Jesus, and without Jesus, there is no Christianity." Christianity without Christ is just a lot of wasted time and effort, doing some good things that do not really matter. Jesus does not need us to do anything. He wants us to come to Him, listen to Him and enjoy His fellowship.

There are many reasons why we may want to be religious. God does not want our actions; He wants our hearts. When our hearts align with His, our actions will follow to please Him. No one has to pretend or try to act like a Christian. As you believe in Him, He will change you. Pray that your heart will stay soft to recognize the works of God in your life. Pray that the miracles of Jesus make a difference in your day and affect the lives of others. Pray that you see Him moving in you, touching you and healing you from the depths of your heart today. Jesus wants to gently and quietly love on you. God does not need you to play Christianity. God wants you to know Christ.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 12 Aug 2017, 8:13 pm

August 12

Today's Reading: Psalms 84; Romans 12

Today's Thoughts: A Shepherd, Not A Hireling

But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them. The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep. John 10:12-13

Have you ever left something or someone in the hands of another person? Is it difficult to leave your child with a babysitter; or your home with a house sitter? For those of us who have left our "valuables" in the hands of another person, the feelings can be unsettling at times, regardless of how much we may trust the person. We know that their care and concerns are just not the same as ours. Why? Because we know that person is a "hireling."

Jesus uses this same illustration to show His care and concern for us. No one loves and cares for us more than Jesus. He is our Good Shepherd and we are His sheep. Jesus looks at each one of us as His very own precious little lamb. He treasures us so much that He would lay down His life for us. He would do anything to save us from harm or death. And that is exactly what He did: He gave His life for each one of us.

Take comfort today in knowing that you have a Good Shepherd watching over you. He watches you come in and go out. He knows your every move because He cares about your safety. If you should find yourself straying from Him, maybe venturing out too far, just listen for the sound of His voice. As a Christian, you are His lamb and part of His sheepfold. You will recognize His voice, just as a sheep recognizes its shepherd; and you will hear Him calling you back. Jesus never leaves us in the hands of someone else because He knows that no one will watch over His valuables more than Himself. Trust in your Good Shepherd and know that He will never leave you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 11 Aug 2017, 4:41 pm

August 11

Today’s Reading: Psalms 81; Romans 11:19-36

Today’s Thoughts: Ministry

Therefore, since we have this ministry, as we received mercy, we do not lose heart. 2 Corinthians 4:1

Ministry is an interesting word. What defines a ministry? Is it a job in a church, a job outside of a church, or is everything in the Christian life somehow a form of "ministry"? Regardless of where or how ministry is conducted, one thing is true--

it is a tough job. If we are not careful, we can become very weary and discouraged in doing the work of the ministry.

I have noticed in my own experience that I need to be reminded repeatedly that God does the work. I just need to be faithful to do what He has asked of me today, depending on Him for everything. Somewhere during the busyness, I can forget what dependency feels like and try to make sense of ministry in my own flesh instead of relying on His Spirit. A good saying is: "Where God's finger points, there God's hand will make a way."

For those of you who are serving in a ministerial role, pray for the Lord to give you verses to anchor your ministry goals. While reading the Scriptures, look for a verse that expresses how you feel or your heart's desire. Keep searching the Scriptures and praying until you find at least one verse or one story that you can pray back to God and meditate on. Those verses will give you the strength to get through the trials as well as the focus to finish what you started. God will bring to your memory the Scripture throughout the days ahead when the times get difficult. God wants us to count the cost and be responsible in whatever service we do, but God takes us as His responsibility to get us through. And remember, we are all dealing with the same thoughts and struggles. You are not alone when serving the Lord.

So we must not get tired of doing good for we will reap at the proper time if we don't give up.
>Galatians 6:9

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 10 Aug 2017, 10:26 pm

August 10
Today’s Reading: Psalms 79:1-6; Romans 11:1-18

Today’s Thoughts: Do You Know This Jesus?

"The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me, Because the Lord has anointed Me To preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives, And the opening of the prison to those who are bound" - Isaiah 61:1

I saw a dear friend the other day. We "just happened" to be parked next to each other on a street I have never parked on before. I have to say that the strangest circumstances and the oddest timing led me to that place. But I knew when I left her, God had orchestrated our meeting.

My friend told me a tragic story about a person I have watched grow in the Lord and have frequently prayed for. Hearing the details, I realized that my heart was grieving and crying out to God once again for this precious person. This world is sickened with sin. The wages of sin is death and this world will die.

When you face circumstances that taint the very face of God, it is difficult to know how to think, let alone pray. When evil seems to prevail over the innocent, we wonder and question and ponder if we really can trust God. We question where He is in those times. We question what He meant when He said He would never leave us or forsake us. Are God's definitions different? Do we have to spiritualize everything that happens on earth, waiting to be vindicated only in heaven?

No and no. The Christianity that is represented today in most people is not the Jesus that I worship. I am sick and tired of Christians who quote verses to the hurting just to make themselves feel better. My Jesus can give you Living Water that heals every hurt at the depths of your broken and abused soul. We should not settle for what other Christians have to offer. We need Jesus. We need everything He has to offer. We need Jesus to reach down into the depths of our hearts to bring healing and life and liberty to the captive. He has come to set you free; do not settle for anything less. If you need help, let us know. We are here for you: the abused, the lonely, the confused, the disillusioned, the helpless.

You cry out to Him. You be honest. He will deliver you. Do not settle for anything less than a miracle that transforms your life so powerfully that you know Jesus Himself is holding your heart. That's Jesus' Christianity.

Do you know the real Jesus? Do you feel Him as you read His words? Are you empowered with supernatural eyes that see beyond the physical to experience the spiritual? Please do not settle for anything less. God has so much more for you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 09 Aug 2017, 8:22 pm

August 9

Today's Reading: Psalms 77; Romans 10

Today's Thoughts: Talk About Jesus

How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in?  And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard?  And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent?  As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"  But not all the Israelites accepted the good news.  For Isaiah says, "Lord, who has believed our message?"  Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ. - >Romans 10:14-17

There are a lot of misconceptions about evangelism.  First, evangelism means to share the good news of Jesus Christ.  It is as easy as sharing your story (or testimony) of how Jesus Christ changed your life.  No one can argue with your own personal story, and you do not need to know any Scripture verses to share your story.

How do I witness or tell someone else about Jesus?  Well, there are three things that everyone loves to talk about: themselves, their work and their kids.  I start asking tons of questions about each of these three things, to let them talk. After they have shared about themselves, they usually ask me something about myself. Before answering, I pray silently to the Lord for the right sentence to direct the conversation to Christ. I want to use all that the person has shared in a way to lead the conversation to the Lord. God has always honored my desire to witness. He has always given me the words and I have seen the fruit. I have seen many people (complete strangers) come to Christ in a variety of places, from hospital beds to airplanes, and even on the phone to an operator in another state who was helping me make a hotel reservation!

People need Jesus. I believe that so firmly that I share Jesus with everyone I can. Jesus wants people to come to Him. We are the bridge between Jesus and the lost (through the Holy Spirit). A long time ago, I learned that it is better to say the WRONG thing than to say NOTHING at all. The Holy Spirit will use anything to minister to a heart, but the words have to be spoken for Him to use them. The Holy Spirit needs two things from each of us: a face and a voice. Paul said, "faith comes from hearing the message" and how will anyone hear without someone telling them? (Romans 10:17)

Tell the world about Jesus, starting with one person at a time. Be sure you ask them, "Do you want to pray with me right now to come to know Jesus?" You will be shocked by how many say, "Yes, I do."  And remember, God blesses obedience, not results.  Be obedient to share the gospel and leave the results to God.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 08 Aug 2017, 9:46 am

August 8

Today's Reading: Psalms 74; Romans 9:16-33

Today's Thoughts: Wisdom with Self Control

Then Joseph could not restrain himself before all those who stood by him, and he cried out, "Make everyone go out from me!" So no one stood with him while Joseph made himself known to his brothers. - Genesis 45:1

Personally, I can't believe Joseph could keep his secret this long. Joseph had God-given self-control. Can you imagine how difficult it must have been to not reveal yourself to your brothers? Joseph handled this situation with such wisdom.

Wisdom and self-control are not natural traits. They have to be developed by and in a person. Wisdom is given by God and self-control is the last attribute listed in the fruits of the Spirit. It is through life experiences that we gain wisdom and it is through intense trials that we learn self-control, However, experience and trials do not necessarily mean that people become wise and self-controlled.

God desires to develop both of these traits in His children. When God can trust you, He entrusts you with greater gifts and callings. Obviously, God tests our hearts through a variety of trials in life. How we react and respond to those trials shows us where we place our trust. How often do we want to look to man or impulsively react to what we think is best? Patience, endurance, waiting and resting are not eagerly sought characteristics today. Thank the Lord that, in Christianity, we are under the covenant of grace which means that we can take the test over and over until we pass.

A person with wisdom and self-control blesses God and others, as well as himself. Joseph is a great role model for each of us. God was so gracious to give us an example of a man who endured years of trials and abuse but overcame the circumstances to be entrusted with governing Egypt. Ask the Lord to show you what's missing in your walk with Him. Then, ask for wisdom and pray for self-control.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 07 Aug 2017, 11:39 pm

August 6

Today's Reading: Psalms 70; Romans 8:22-39

Today's Thoughts: Our Only Hope

For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance. Romans 8:24-25

Have you ever talked with someone who seemed to have no hope? They were beaten up, beaten down and hopeless. My heart breaks for those who have no hope in the future and have no idea how to take a step towards it. Maybe some of us know people who fit this description; maybe some of us have these same feelings ourselves. To a certain extent I think most people have times in life when it appears that all hope is lost. A sudden tragedy, a chronic illness, or just life in general can bring feelings of hopelessness.

But what is hope? To hope for something is to have an expectation and anticipation of getting it. In a way, hope is like faith because we cannot see hope; therefore, we must believe in what we cannot see. This is easier said than done, especially when we cannot see the sky for the clouds. What can we do in times like these? Our only “hope” is to turn to God’s Word and ask Him for help. Romans 8:25 is a good verse to pray back to the Lord in asking Him to help us with our hope. A sample prayer might be:

Dear Lord, I am struggling with hopelessness and I cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel. I need Your word to give me hope and I need Your presence to lift me up today. Your word says I am to hope for what I do not see. I do not see (__________) but I pray for the perseverance to eagerly wait for it. Help me to believe in the hope that only You can give so that I may see Your hand upon my life today. Thank You for saving me. Thank You for giving me hope. In Jesus name, Amen.

Try writing your own personal prayer today. Ask the Lord to help you find hope in Him. Explore other verses that speak to your heart and pray them back to God. He is listening and ready to help.

August 7

Today’s Reading: Psalms 72; Romans 9:1-15

Today’s Thoughts: Jesus Has Been Waiting For You

Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me. - Revelation 3:20

I recently received an email from someone who I love very much. She was hurting and questioning the reason for all the pain. The following is a letter I wrote back to her. Today, you may be in the same place or know someone who is struggling with the same issues. We pray that these words minister to your heart.

Jesus has been waiting for you your whole life. He knows exactly where you are and how you feel. He knows what it is to suffer and hurt. Hebrews 4:15 says that we have a great High Priest who understands our sufferings and pain because He, Himself, endured so much more. Our only hope is Jesus. He is the only one who can heal you. And He will heal you, that is why He died. He had to die or we would all be lost. His Holy Spirit is now moving on your heart, which is why you are asking these questions. Your questions are really directed towards Him. All He wants from you is your heart, nothing more. All you have to do is let Him in--you will have no peace until you do. The Bible has your answers but you will not understand what the Bible says until you have been saved by the very blood that was shed when Jesus died. "He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities--and by His stripes we are healed" (Isaiah 53:5). 

He loves you and He wants you to be His child. You are precious in His sight. The Lord will give you answers but you must go through His Son, Jesus. John 14:6 says, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." Many people refuse to accept this truth but it is the truth. Jesus is the only way. I am going to give you the prayer to ask Him into your heart. Pray this prayer:

Dear Lord, I thank You for Jesus, whom You sent to the cross to die for me. I know, Lord, that I am a sinner. Please forgive me of my sins. Please cleanse me of them all and make me new today. Jesus, I ask You to come into my heart and save me. Please heal me and make me whole. Please fill me with Your Holy Spirit that I may understand Your Word and live a new life in You. Thank You for saving me. Thank You for loving me. Help me to live for You. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next