World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 24 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 24 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» WORTHY NEWS
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyToday at 2:37 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:38 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:18 pm by Admin

» AISH
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:24 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» israelAM
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:09 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:54 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:51 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:49 pm by Admin

» Pressure from UN Threats
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:45 pm by Admin

» Ship that obliterated Baltimore bridge
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:44 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:08 pm by Admin

» Be Fervent in Spirit
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 10:54 pm by Admin

» Remain in God - iBelieve Truth
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 1:25 am by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 12:43 am by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 11:40 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 11:00 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 8:54 pm by Admin

» Is Gaza Really Starving
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptySun 24 Mar 2024, 11:40 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptySun 24 Mar 2024, 10:08 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Daily Disciples

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Daily Disciples - Page 2 Empty Re: Daily Disciples

Post  Admin Sun 19 Nov 2017, 6:35 pm

Today's Reading: Ezekiel 8; Hebrews 13

Today's Thoughts: I Will Not Fear

So we may boldly say: "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?" >Hebrews 13:6

I have noticed recently that my dog has developed an unusual kind of fear. He hesitates at times as he walks over thresholds. He scopes out the door frame and the floor in front of him, especially when he is going outside. It all started when something jumped at him one day when he was going out the back door. To be honest, I think it was a small insect that startled him (yes, he is a big baby.). I watch him now as he cautiously looks at the ground, suspicious of danger lurking about. The other day, he stopped in front of a twig. I think he is becoming neurotic about this fear thing. I wonder if the Lord looks at us and how we fear things and thinks we are also a little neurotic at times.

My dog has no ability to understand and cannot be reasoned with, regardless of how much I try. After all, he is a dog; but what about us? God has not only created us in His image, but also He has given us His Holy Spirit who lives within us. But fear has a way of creeping into our lives and before we know it, we fear situations, circumstances or people that are no real threat to us at all. Sometimes we are startled or caught off guard in a situation, and moments of fear can be a normal response. The problem lies in allowing the fear to remain. It can then take over, control the situation and even enter other areas of our life. Fear will keep us in a place of bondage, instead of freedom.

As I watch my dog tiptoe over a twig, I am reminded of how silly some of my fears look to God. What about your fears? Have you thought about the things or even the people who bring fear to your life? Maybe it is time to step back and really look at the cause of the fear. When and where did it begin? Has it gotten blown out of proportion? Are you hindered or even crippled by it? If so, please know that the Lord wants to set you free, beginning today. Ask the Lord to help you pray through it. Take a bold stand and say, ”Enough!” Life is too short and Jesus wants to give you freedom, liberty and victory. “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.”(2 Timothy 1:7)

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.
Daily Disciples Ministries, Inc.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 18 Nov 2017, 4:32 pm

Today’s Reading: Ezekiel 5; Hebrews 12

Today’s Thoughts: Miracles

Gideon said to Him, "O my lord, if the Lord is with us, why then has all this happened to us? And where are all His miracles which our fathers told us about, saying, 'Did not the Lord bring us up from Egypt?' But now the Lord has forsaken us and delivered us into the hands of the Midianites." - >Judges 6:13

This past weekend we hosted a radio talk show. We were told to pick whatever topic the Lord put on our hearts and then spend the hour discussing it with our audience. The Lord impressed upon us the message of miracles. How does God work miracles in our lives today? Does He do the same kinds of miracles as He did in the Bible? We asked these types of questions and discussed the answers. We pray that we shed some light on God’s desire to perform miracles in our lives everyday. We need to recognize miracles and give glory to the Lord when things happen that we tend to call “just a God thing.”

I gave an illustration that seemed to strike a cord with people. I talked about missing a freeway exit. I kind of spaced out and perked up past my exit. I got off the exit, turned around, and then missed the street I was to take. After missing both exits, I said, “Ok, Lord, You must have a reason for this. I thank You for whatever reason that may be.” I did not know what was going on but I knew it was not a coincidence. Someone called in and gave a story of getting off on an exit that they had not planned to get off on. When they returned to the freeway, an automobile matching their description almost exactly had just been totaled in an accident. This person knew the hand of God had just saved them. Miracle or coincidence? We believe that God is working in our lives on a daily basis, some things we see clearly, others we may never know about.

We need to believe in miracles because we need to be encouraged and have hope that our God is with us, protecting us, and doing supernatural wonders in our lives. We do not need an explanation for all that happens. Just give glory to the Lord and watch what He does in your life. Gideon would soon learn of God’s miraculous power as the Lord would use him to win the battle against the Midianites. Sometimes, we need to just ask and believe. God will respond.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 17 Nov 2017, 9:55 am

Today's Reading: Ezekiel 3; Hebrews 11:20-40

Today's Thoughts: Our Real Hope

By faith Moses, when he became of age, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter, choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God than to enjoy the passing pleasures of sin, esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt; for he looked to the reward. - Hebrews 11:24-26

The world news is depressing. There seems to be so much suffering in the world. Why must we suffer? As children of God, why must we go through such painful trials and tribulations?

When we are going through painful times, there is no easy answer to those questions. But let's take a moment and just remind ourselves of what the Bible tells us. First of all, we are told throughout the pages of God's Word that we will suffer. Suffering is not an option. It is a fact of life. First Peter 4:12 tells us to not be surprised by the fiery trials. In other words, be ready for them. Do not be caught off guard when they happen. Moses chose to leave the palace and suffer the same types of afflictions that he had watched his people endure. Hebrews 4:15 comforts us by saying that we have a High Priest who understands our sufferings. No one suffered more than Jesus. No one understands our pain more than Him. We are never alone and never forsaken.

The next point for us to remember is this: Philippians 4:7 says, "the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." The peace that Jesus promises is not always consistent with our definition of peace. The peace of God is a feeling of inner comfort and joy, which cannot be explained or humanized. How do we get such peace? We ask for it in faith. We pray. We seek Jesus. We continually lay our cares at His feet. We ask the Lord to give us an eternal perspective so that we can keep our focus on His purposes and not our own. Romans 8:17-25 is a great passage of Scripture that reflects this message of an eternal hope. The Apostle Paul speaks of our suffering with Christ, a suffering that all of creation must endure because of sin. "We ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body." (Romans 8:23)

For us today, our only hope is in Jesus. His living Word is our eternal food. His Holy Spirit is our living water. His very presence in our lives will change our hearts and minds with a wisdom and understanding that goes beyond our earthly desires. Jesus never promised that we would not suffer, but He did tell us to be of "good cheer." Even though we will have tribulation in the world, we have His peace and He has overcome the world. (John 16:33)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 16 Nov 2017, 10:39 pm

Today's Reading: Ezekiel 1; Hebrews 11:1-19

Today's Thoughts: Faith and Prayer

And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. - Hebrews 11:6

God rewards faith. Christianity started with the faith of Abraham. Faith means that we do not see to believe. So, praying is an act of faith. When we pray, we are acknowledging that God exists and listens even though we do not see Him. God rewards our faith by answering our prayers.

I have noticed that when I first came to Christ, He answered my prayers pretty quickly. It was as if I was in "obedience school" and He wanted to reward my good behavior of including Him. As I grew in my faith, I next noticed that God answered some prayers quickly but other prayers, He did not answer at all. He was then training me to learn how to pray and ask for certain things differently. When I studied the Word to see God's heart on the matter or asked God to clarify my motives of why I was asking, He would answer those prayers as well as what I asked.

Now, after having walked with the Lord for many years, my prayer life has changed again. I have more of a conversational prayer life than an "ask and believe and receive" prayer life. Now, I talk with the Lord about my requests. I ask Him to reveal His heart to me about the matter and I wait to see if there is any change in my heart as I also search the Scriptures to hear His heart. The requests themselves have now become smaller in comparison to the relationship of talking and listening and learning from Him. There is no request or unanswered prayer that becomes more important than my ongoing relationship with Him. So my faith is rewarded in a completely different way than answered prayer; my faith is rewarded by enjoying His presence in the process.

God is good. Learn to seek Him in faith. It starts with prayer requests and continues until you are praying without ceasing. You will not be disappointed. How could we ever be more satisfied than with the very presence of God Himself?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 15 Nov 2017, 2:13 pm

Today’s Reading: Lamentations 3; Hebrews 10:19-39

Today’s Thoughts: Staying Spiritual During the Holidays

“And you will have joy and gladness and many will rejoice at His birth.” - Luke 1:14

If the holidays are about our faith, family and food feasts, then why do we struggle the most with staying spiritual during these times? Shouldn’t these times bring us peace on earth and joy to the world? But the reality for many of us is that we become emotionally stressed out, financially maxed out and physically burned out trying to keep up and keep it all together. Day after day, we become burned out and stressed out and now, our faith becomes affected as we start questioning God, “Are You hearing me?” and “Why won’t You help me?” Like Eve in the garden, we question God’s goodness and His basic command. Eve exchanged the peace of God for a piece of fruit but we exchange His presence for presents. The serpent tempted Eve to compromise and we know that Jesus called him a murderer from the beginning. He is still up to the same old tricks. We are allowing the enemy to have too much influence at times. He kills our dreams, steals our peace and destroys our hope for the future. Jesus came to earth to reverse the process of death and yet our undisciplined lifestyle of choosing not to obey can lead to negative consequences in our lives.

To stay spiritually minded during the holidays, we need to keep our eyes focused on the Lord and include Him in our thoughts. Instead of talking to ourselves, we need to start talking to Him and then give Him the time to talk back. The enemy will use every scheme he can against us to distract us from maintaining a walk with the Lord. It has been said, “If the devil cannot make you bad, he will make you busy.” To combat the temptations to over commit in your time and finances, we must stay in the Word of God to renew our minds and to surrender to His will over our natural-born desires. Through the Holy Spirit, we can overcome and live a life pleasing to God that brings peace in the midst of chaos.

Joy to the world begins with each of us individually. Joy cannot come without the conscious awareness of the Lord’s promised presence wherever we go and whatever we do. By allowing our thoughts to think about God in the daily routines of life, we allow the Lord to have the ability to move through our actions. Only then can we truly maintain the Spirit of Christmas and sing the song, “Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me.”

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 14 Nov 2017, 2:07 pm

Today's Reading: Lamentations 1; Hebrews 10:1-18

Today’s Thoughts: A Blessing For Others

And Laban said to him, "Please stay, if I have found favor in your eyes, for I have learned by experience that the Lord has blessed me for your sake." Then he said, "Name me your wages, and I will give it." So Jacob said to him, "You know how I have served you and how your livestock has been with me. For what you had before I came was little, and it has increased to a great amount; the Lord has blessed you since my coming. And now, when shall I also provide for my own house?" - Genesis 30:27-30

Jacob had two wives and eleven children and he wanted to return to his own land. The time had come for him to leave his father-in-law, Laban, but Laban was not ready to let Jacob go. Both men acknowledged the blessings upon Laban’s house as being from the Lord. Jacob lived with and worked for Laban for over 20 years and both men prospered greatly, but the blessings came to Laban because the Lord’s hand was upon Jacob.

The same should be true of the Christian today. Because we know the Lord Jesus, our lives should bring blessings to others. The blessings come in many ways, such as recognizable calmness in our presence and stability. Many times, others do not want to admit that their blessings are a result of the Christian’s convictions and prayers. The unbeliever’s pride causes them to take the glory for themselves. But as Christians, our lives do bless others. In time, God will get the glory as the fruit of our lives, as well as the testimony of our mouths, will clearly point to His intervention

Are others blessed because of you? Even if you are the only Christian in your family, God’s hand is on you and your home will be covered with your prayers. Continue to pray for your family and seek the Lord’s blessings over those who do not yet know Him. Press on to not grow weary in doing good. Wherever we go, we bring the Lord’s presence because His Holy Spirit lives within us. We need to acknowledge the Lord’s blessings not only in our own lives but also in the lives of those around us. Let your light shine to those around you and give God the glory for all things.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 13 Nov 2017, 9:36 pm

Today’s Thoughts: A Good Sharpening

As iron sharpens iron, So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend. - >Proverbs 27:17

Today's verse is one that is quoted often when referring to healthy and productive friendships. Just as iron is used to sharpen iron, a man or woman is used to sharpen his or her friend. What is this verse really saying? How do we apply this wise proverb to our friendships?

To sharpen a knife (even the basic kitchen knife) we must use a metal tool designed to sharpen the blade. Wood will not do the job, nor will plastic or glass. Certain types of stones were used in ancient times but many of the knives were also composed of stones or metallic substances. It takes a substance of similar strength and durability to handle the friction required to sharpen the object. Sharpening in itself is a process of fine grinding, requiring just enough to remove the dull edges. How does this compare to sharpening a friend? The knife is without a will of its own. It is in complete submission to the person doing the sharpening. Friends, however, have wills and opinions, and are much less likely to submit.

To sharpen the countenance of a friend we must first love them. When our motives are founded on love, our words and actions will reflect the love in our hearts. The Bible tells us to speak the truth in love and that without love, nothing we do really matters anyway. It is when we truly love a friend that we are willing to take the steps necessary to sharpen them. Just as with a knife, the process requires friction, some grinding and the removal of bad edges. And, just as with a knife, a person of similar strength and durability is required to handle the job. Sharpening involves heat, intensity and duration. A loving friend knows when heat and friction are needed, despite how long or intense the process. A loving friend is honest, even to the point of pain. If we are willing to submit to that friend, then we will be sharpened. Friends willing to work through these things in the Lord will bear much fruit together.

Do you have a friend who sharpens you? Are you the kind of friend who sharpens others? God has given us friends for His purposes. We have the greatest Friend of all as Jesus calls us His friends. He will sharpen us if we submit to Him. Friendships based on prayer and love will result in growth and maturity. Pray for your friends today. Ask the Lord to lead you in how to sharpen them. Also, ask the Lord to help you receive their counsel. If we place everything in God's hands, He will work through us in mighty ways. And one of the greatest ways to see God work is through our friendships.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 12 Nov 2017, 10:11 pm

Today’s Reading: Jeremiah 50; Hebrews 8

Today’s Thoughts: No Condemnation

"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment [or condemnation], but has passed from death into life.” - John 5:24

Although there is a huge difference between conviction and condemnation, they seem to be interchangeable in the Christian life at times. When Christians are convicted, often this leads them into feeling condemned. The thoughts and feelings associated with the word convicted suddenly become closely defined to the words "convict or a prisoner". When convicted, we act as if God wants us to wear prison clothes, eat prison food and wake up behind prison doors to remind us of how we have fallen short. God does not want that for us. Neither word: condemned nor convicted, applies to the believer negatively.

The Bible defines these words differently. Condemnation has to do with whoyou are, either in Christ or not. Conviction has to do with whatyou do, to bring you closer to Christ. If you do not know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, if His blood does not cover your sins, you are condemned. You have not passed over from death to life and you remain in your sins. However, if you are a Christian, you will never be condemned because Jesus has given you eternal life. Thoughts of condemnation are not from the Lord, not ever. Condemnation is about your spiritual state for eternity, not your daily thoughts or actions.

For the Christian, there is a clear distinction between conviction and condemnation. Conviction leads us closer to Christ as we confess and repent to Him. Condemnation makes us feel as if we cannot come to God as we concentrate on our own shortcomings. Condemnation is a tactic of the enemy. Pray that you do not fall prey to his lies. Romans 8:1 tells us that there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

If you know Jesus, He is for you. He is always on your side and He wants you to succeed at everything you do. Stay on His team by thinking His thoughts about you. Work with Him to change. There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ because He has come to give you life in abundance.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 11 Nov 2017, 9:28 pm

Today's Reading: Jeremiah 48; Hebrews 7

Today's Thoughts: Stop Talking to Yourself

You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways. - Psalm 139:3

Does God want to be involved in every decision we make? Is it necessary to pray about every little detail? Many would say that God doesn’t care, He saved you and He gave you a mind to think things through for yourself. I would completely disagree. After spending years of praying over the details in life, I have come to appreciate all He does for me just by including Him and looking for His fingerprints in my life.

But how does this work? Well, for a great starter, stop talking to yourself and start talking to the Lord. If you are late, talk to God about it. If you are confused, include God in it. Talk to Him as a friend, a counselor and a companion. He says that He is all those traits so get to know Him in those ways. In every relationship, there needs to be two-way communication. Prayer obviously is your part in the communication process with the Lord. But the Bible is God’s way of speaking back to you. So let’s say it is on your heart to buy a new car. Start talking to Him about it. Ask Him to change your heart if it is not His will or to lead your heart in the car buying process. Next, go to the Bible and ask the Lord to give you verses to guide you in this decision. If some verse pops out to you, pray over it and ask God to make His message clearer through that verse. If He does give you the go ahead, do further research with that promise. Keep talking to Him and keep going back to the Word, asking for specific direction. Whatever you include Him in, the Lord will work with you from dealerships to your finances. As you grow in the knowledge of God’s guidance, you will gain a peace in your decision of what to purchase. Regardless of the outcome, you will have assurance of God’s hand in the process. Walking through these decisions in our lives with God is the only way to assure peace. The more we include Him in every decision, the more we grow in our knowledge of Him, which leads to a closer walk with the Lord.

Are you in the midst of a trial or major decision in your life? Are you searching for answers in various places? Knowledge can bring peace, but the knowledge of God brings everlasting peace that continues to surpass our understanding. Start out everyday in God’s Word. Take time to put His Word in your heart and mind. Before the day is through, you will need to hear from the Lord on something that crosses your path. The knowledge of His Word will give you peace and assurance in ways you could never imagine. Try it and see what God will do.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 10 Nov 2017, 10:40 pm

Imitation

“Therefore . . . continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose” (Philippians 2:12-13).

Scripture Focus: Philippians 2:1-18

The story is told of a preschool child who liked to put on his father's shoes and clump around the house. One day his father asked, “Why do you like walking in my shoes?”

Without hesitation the youngster replied, “I want to grow up to be just like you!”

The child of God should be persistently imitating Jesus Christ in thought, word, and deed. It's true that we cannot earn our salvation, but to discipline ourselves to be obedient to Christ takes work. Habits of life and life-styles die hard.

Imitation is said to be the highest form of praise. Prayerful reading of the New Testament is basic if we are to know the One we want to imitate. We need a good mental image of how Christ would respond and live. Further, a vibrant prayer life will help us better know Him and His ways. Thomas a Kempis, a monk born in 1390, penned this prayer: “Oh, Lord Jesus, forasmuch as Thy way was narrow and despised by the world, grant me grace to imitate Thee, through the world's contempt.”

Insight: Whom do you like to imitate? When people see you, are they reminded of Jesus? How could you be changed to be more like Him?
Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm
Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 10 Nov 2017, 8:50 pm

Today’s Reading: Jeremiah 46:1-19; Hebrews 6

Today’s Thoughts: Down With a Shout

And the seventh time it happened, when the priests blew the trumpets, that Joshua said to the people: “Shout, for the Lord has given you the city!” >Joshua 6:16

The story surrounding the city of Jericho is amazing. The Bible tells us that the walls came down with a shout. Just imagine the fear that already existed within the people in the city. For six straight days, the Israelites arose early in the morning and marched around the city of Jericho. A regiment of armed guards in the front, the priests carrying the Ark of the Covenant in the middle, and another regiment bringing up the rear marched around the city, never saying a word, just blowing their trumpets. Then, on the seventh day, they did it again, but not once, but seven times! And on the seventh time, at Joshua’s command, they shouted with their voices...and the walls came down. What an awesome display of God’s power!

We learn a lot from this story and this verse. We learn that God is sovereign and has a plan for all things. We learn that God’s ways are not our ways and that His works seem mysterious at times. We learn to trust Him, obey Him and wait on His timing, despite what we think. We learn that the battle is His, not ours. We may want to use all of our weapons and all of our own strength, but God can strike the enemy with one word or one shout! We learn that we serve an awesome God, for He is God alone and there is none other. Let Him take down your walls today. Follow Him, trust Him and obey Him. Stop looking for worldly proof and evidence, just put your faith in His Word and start marching to the beat of His drum.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 09 Nov 2017, 11:12 pm

Today’s Readings: Jeremiah 43; Hebrews 5

Today's thoughts: The Peaceful Fruit of Righteousness

Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. - Hebrews 12:11

We know that the Lord disciplines those He loves but sometimes I wonder why He has to go to such extremes to love me so much? I have told the Lord that it is a good thing He told us that discipline is based on love because, at times, I would misinterpret the pain as something else.

I have noticed that through the process of chastening, I probably will not remember the circumstance that brought the trial, but I will remember the intensity of the pain. When God really gets a hold of me and starts working on changing me, I feel hallow and empty. During those times, I feel like a pumpkin. God cuts around my handle and scrapes me clean of all the seeds and stringy things. But I liked all those seeds, stringy things and even the dingy environment; at first, I grieve over missing the “old me”. But then, He goes a step further and takes the knife of the Word and starts carving at my hardened protected outside. Now my insides become exposed to the outside, and light has the ability to shine through. So often, I can barely handle such exposure and I feel embarrassment and vulnerability no matter what angle the light hits. During these times I cry, yell, pray and beg Him to stop, not understanding why I have to go through this painful process. But in His perfect timing, I realize that the peaceful fruit of righteousness has resulted in me. Finally, I pray for His light to be placed deep within me so others can see His good work.

We need the Lord. There should be nothing else we want to do but to love Him with all that we are and to serve Him with all of our lives. As we continue to walk with Him, we better understand that His purpose for us is best for us. We are called to endure these trials of life as we are becoming more like Christ, and being transformed by the work of the Holy Spirit who lives in us. Jesus needs to become our everything. We need to ask Him to help us yield to His will in the discipline process and to resolve ourselves with His timing, being content with His will. Though the process is painful, He knows what is best and we can trust Him to finish the work He started in us.

Are you dealing with something painful today? Maybe you are wondering why God has put you in such a place. Regardless of the reasons for our sufferings, we must remember that He is our answer. Go to Him today and ask for His strength and guidance to lead you through this time. Begin thanking Him for His purposes in the work He is doing in your life. He will never let you down.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 08 Nov 2017, 12:36 pm

Today's Reading: Jeremiah 40; Hebrews 4

Today's Thoughts: What Is Your Choice?

"And now look, I free you this day from the chains that were on your hand. If it seems good to you to come with me to Babylon, come, and I will look after you. But if it seems wrong for you to come with me to Babylon, remain here. See, all the land is before you; wherever it seems good and convenient for you to go, go there." - Jeremiah 40:4

The prophet Jeremiah foretold the coming destruction of Jerusalem. The people hated him for what he predicted, but the Lord's words were true. The day came when the Babylonians invaded Jerusalem and Jeremiah was taken captive along with many others. But Nebuzaradan, the captain of the guard in the Babylonian army, said to Jeremiah: "The Lord your God has pronounced this doom on this place. Now the Lord has brought it, and has done just as He said. Because your people have sinned against the Lord, and not obeyed His voice, therefore this thing has come upon you" (Jeremiah 40:2-3). Even the enemy invaders saw the judgment of God upon His people. Jeremiah; however, was given a choice. He could go to Babylon or stay with the people left in their land. Jeremiah chose to stay.

Today, we have a choice as well. We can go with the Babylonians and pursue the things of the world, or we can remain in the place where the Lord has placed us. Sometimes the land we are living in is filled with hardships and afflictions. Sometimes we are tempted to choose the things that promise relief, even when they may not be God's will for us. Choosing the harder path does not come naturally for us, but it is usually what is best in the end. We must remember that our time here on earth is but a vapor, a brief moment. But eternity lasts forever and ever.

One of God's greatest leaders boldly proclaimed in Joshua 24:15, "And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Make your choice today to serve the Lord. Do not stop serving Him during the hard times. Hold fast and firm to the choice you make today. Our Lord is faithful and just to get us through to the end.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 07 Nov 2017, 6:54 pm

Today's Reading: Jeremiah 37; Hebrews 3

Today's Thoughts: Get out of the Boat

Jesus said to them, "Come and eat breakfast." Yet none of the disciples dared ask Him, "Who are You?" knowing that it was the Lord. - John 21:12

Do you ever find yourself wanting to ask a question when in reality you already know the answer? Jesus had already appeared to His disciples several times since His resurrection. But the disciples were still waiting for direction on how to go forward. So in the meantime, some of them decided to go fishing, their occupation before they followed Jesus. On this particular morning, as they were returning from their fishing, they looked up from their boat and saw a Man cooking breakfast on the shore. They did not need to ask who it was; they knew it was Jesus. I wonder if that moment punctuated their last fishing trip, as Peter jumped out of the boat to make his way towards Jesus. He did not have to ask Whowas waiting on him; he just knew.

At times in our Christian lives, we look back at those things we used to do. We may even question whether we should go fishing again. Maybe we keep going back to old ways and habits, even though we know we should have gotten out of that boat a long time ago. If Peter and John had not stopped fishing and had stayed with their boat, what all would they have missed? They left it the first time Jesus asked them when He said, "Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matthew 4:19) Now, they are leaving their boat for the final time, never to return to their former lives again. From this moment on, they would live and die for the message of the gospel of their Lord Jesus Christ.

Maybe today you need to look up from your boat. How far are you from the shore? You are never too far away from Jesus. If you look for Him, you will find Him. When you see that Person who seems familiar, you really do not need to ask who it is. Jesus is always with you, wanting to feed and comfort you. Maybe He is asking you to get out of the boat and come towards Him. Maybe He wants to make you “fishers of men.” Is it a “maybe” or a “definitely”? I think we all know the answer to that question too. Today is the day to stop asking and start knowing and get moving.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 06 Nov 2017, 1:24 pm

Today's Reading: Jeremiah 34; Hebrews 2

Today's Thoughts: Our Great High Priest

Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. - >Hebrews 4:14-15

For the Jews, there was no higher office than that of the High Priest. The High Priest held a position of religious supremacy and honor. He was the one responsible for the cleansing of sins for the people on the Day of Atonement. On this holy day, the High Priest would enter the Holy of Holies. Through the acts passed down from Moses and Aaron (animal sacrifices, the sprinkling of blood, and prayers offered on behalf of the people), the High Priest would make atonement for their sins. In the book of Hebrews, we learn how Jesus Christ came to earth as the final High Priest. Not only was He the High Priest, but also He was also the Sacrifice. His death on the cross ended the need for the man-held position of High Priest, sacrifice and the Day of Atonement. Jesus took care of it all.

Not only was Jesus the High Priest, the Sacrifice and the Savior, but also He was still a person in flesh and blood. For us today, this point is so very important to grasp. Because Jesus was here on this earth in a human body, He understands everything we go through. Jesus experienced feelings, hurts, weaknesses and temptations, just as we do. He knows what it is to suffer, to hurt, to be rejected, ridiculed and mocked. Jesus got angry at the Pharisees, He cried over Lazarus and He showed great compassion to a prostitute. But, Jesus was God. He did not sin. He was the perfect, spotless Lamb--the ultimate and final Sacrifice. Why did Jesus go through all of this for us? Love. He loved us then. He loves us now. He has always loved us. He wants us to be with Him, now and forever. The only way to be with Jesus is to believe that He is the Son of God, the Son who came to earth as a Man, and who offered His life on our behalf as the final atonement for all sin.

Take time today to start reading the book of Hebrews. If parts of it seem hard to understand, pray for the Holy Spirit to open your minds to comprehend the Scriptures. Pray and meditate on those verses that stick out, or the ones that seem the hardest to grasp. If you will commit the time to the study of God's Word, you will grow closer to Jesus in more ways than you can imagine. You will see Him as One who understands you better than anyone else and who loves you more than anyone else can.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 05 Nov 2017, 1:49 pm

Today's Reading: Jeremiah 32:1-19; Hebrews 1

Today's Thoughts: Hope for the Promises

“Behold, the days are coming,' says the Lord, 'that I will perform that good thing which I have promised to the house of Israel and to the house of Judah.” - >Jeremiah 33:14

There are times when I wonder if God will ever answer certain prayers of mine. There are prayers that I pray knowing that the Lord has put them in my heart. I have verses of Scripture and biblical illustrations to support these same prayers. I keep journals that detail the dates and descriptions of the promises the Lord has given me. But still I wait and wonder, not about the what but about the when and the how. Where is my faith?

These are the times when I stop and reflect more closely at what I know about my God. I must remind myself of His character traits. Unlike me, He is perfect in every way--so perfect that He is not capable of doing anything out of His character. For example, one of God’s character traits is love. 1 John 4:7-8 says that “love is of God” and that “God is love.” Therefore, everything God does is motivated by love. If the Lord has me waiting and has not answered certain prayers, then His reasons for waiting are based upon His love for me. Another example of God’s character traits is that He is truth, perfect truth. Titus 1:2 says God cannot lie. He is incapable of lying; therefore, everything He has promised me will come to pass. God keeps His promises. But I must remember that He controls the timing, the process and the outcomes, for He is God.

When I step back, I can understand more clearly than when I am in the midst of being anxious over things. We all have seasons in life where we wonder if, and when, God will answer certain prayers. It is in these times that I find myself being tested most in my relationship with the Lord. Do I really know Him and believe Him and trust Him? I go to His Word and start asking for help and comfort. I confess my lack of faith. I am honest about my anxieties and worries. Then, I know I just need to be still and know that He is God. Before long, I am praising Him and my hope has returned. Don’t give up and don’t give in to the temptation to be discouraged and dismayed. Remind yourself of just who God is, what His true character is, and let His Word fill you with hope and joy for the promises that He has given you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 04 Nov 2017, 12:57 pm

Today’s Reading: Jeremiah 30; Philemon 1

Today’s Thoughts: Seeing Jesus

When they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no one but Jesus only. - Matthew 17:8

Have you ever gazed upon something so spectacular that you lost yourself in the moment? The beauty of God’s creation can bring such moments. I remember the first time I stood on the ledge of the Grand Canyon. I could barely fathom what my eyes were seeing. I could only thank the Lord, not just for this awesome sight before me, but for the blessing of being able to see it with my own eyes. In itself, the human eye consists of some of the most amazing biological and physiological designs in all of creation. The intricate details of how the eye actually works are of continual study. Despite man’s ever-increasing knowledge and technology, we are still limited in understanding the depths of this incredible sense. Only God knows how our eyes work because He is the One who made them, just for us.

What will it be like on that day when we stand before Jesus and we lift up our eyes to see Him? How can such beauty and glory even be imagined? As the song says, “I can only imagine.” On earth we are limited in these physical bodies. There are those who have no sight, having never seen anything through their eyes. Countless others will lose their sight for various reasons. And, of the rest of us, many will lose components of our vision, whether near-sighted, far-sighted or color blind. Age has a way of dimming the lights of life. But one day, those of us who know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior will see “no one but Jesus only.” In that day, there will be no physical limitations to keep us from seeing our Jesus, in splendor and majesty more breathtaking than anything we have ever seen on this earth.

Today, take a moment to thank the Lord for what you can see here on earth. Ask the Lord to keep you from seeing the things that do not glorify Him. Our eyes are the windows to the world and we need to guard what we allow them to look upon. Open God’s Word today, then read and meditate upon the Scriptures. Then close your eyes and ask the Lord to show you what He wants you to see. Spend time in prayer and lose yourself by being in His presence. Turn your eyes upon Jesus today and let Him show you what He wants you to see.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 03 Nov 2017, 11:36 am

Today’s Verses: Jeremiah 27; Titus 3

Today’s Thoughts: Get God’s Attention

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back from your captivity. Jeremiah 29:11-14

The verse above from Jeremiah 29 may be one of the most popular sections of Scripture within the whole Bible. For me personally, it was one of the first that I ever committed to memory. So often, there are times in my life when I just need to hear that the Lord is thinking about me and that He wants to give me “a future and a hope.” Many times, I have difficulty grasping the truth of that statement. The God of the universe, the Lord of heaven and earth, actually has time to think about me? Is that really possible? Not only is it possible but also there is so much more: He wants us to call upon Him, pray to Him, seek Him, find Him, search for Him. God Himself wants us to want Him.

One morning I got up early to pray and knew I needed to spend some time on my knees, literally. As I positioned myself on the floor, my dog soon discovered where I was and proceeded to demand my attention. He began nudging me, licking my face and pressing his body into a position where I could no longer deny his presence. He was insistent to the point that I continued in prayer while petting my dog. I must admit he is irresistible in his persistence and extremely affectionate. In those moments, I sensed the Lord impress upon my heart that He was doing the same thing to me. I knew in that moment that the Lord wanted me to give Him the same kind of attention. He wanted me to know that His love is unconditional, irresistible and affectionate. And He just wants to be loved back. He wants my prayers, but He also wants my never-ending desire to seek and search for Him, to never settle when I may not sense His presence. He is always with me, but sometimes I need to press into Him and not give up until I get His attention.

Just like my dog knew how to get my attention, knowing that I would respond with love and affection, the Lord knows how to get our attention and our response should be the same. But we need to learn how to respond to Him. We need to call upon Him, seek Him and press into Him. We need to give Him our love and affection. He just wants our hearts but He also wants us to sense His nudging. The next time your child or your pet demands your attention, especially in the areas of love and affection, just remember that the Lord is seeking the same kind of attention from you. And no one gives it back better than He does.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 02 Nov 2017, 8:38 am

November 2

Today's Reading: Jeremiah 24; Titus 2

Today's Thoughts: He is Worthy

And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, "Who is worthy to open the book and to break its seals?" - Revelation 5:2

Who is worthy? Who is worthy to do the work of God? Who is worthy to fulfill the plans of God? John tells us in verse 3 that, "no one in heaven or on the earth or under the earth was able to open the book or to look into it." When I first read that verse I thought, "Where is Jesus? Isn't He worthy?" But I was wrong in comparing Jesus to any other created being. Those who are in heaven, on earth or under the earth are all created by God. No created thing is worthy or equal to God Himself.

Next we find John weeping, filled with sorrow that no one could open the book. Do you frequently find yourself weeping over your own inadequacies as well as over the shortcomings of others? It fills our hearts with grief that we can't do all that needs to be done, be all that we know we have the ability to be, or serve the Lord with limitless devotion. We are limited by physical boundaries: our flesh, our sin and time. So when one of the elders said to John, "Stop weeping; behold, the Lion that is from the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has overcome so as to open the book and its seven seals" (verse 5), we find such hope and joy that Jesus is not limited. He has overcome, and, through the power of the Holy Spirit, He is helping us to overcome our shortcomings also. Jesus is God and He is worthy to accomplish all the works of God.

We stand before the Lord as a saint only because the blood of Christ covers our sin. The Lord Jesus gives us, unworthy sinful man, the strength to stand before a Holy God. On earth, we too cry with John but one day, we will stop crying. The Lord Jesus will come to our side to say to the Father, "They are worthy--because I died for them."

Oh, trust the Lord today. Allow His power to flow through you. Tell Him you are willing to be that vessel for Him to accomplish all His works.

He is worthy to accomplish all you need, if you are willing to allow Him to work.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 01 Nov 2017, 9:40 pm

And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, "Who is worthy to open the book and to break its seals?" Revelation 5:2

Who is worthy? Who is worthy to do the work of God? Who is worthy to fulfill the plans of God? John tells us in verse 3 that, "no one in heaven or on the earth or under the earth was able to open the book or to look into it." When I first read that verse I thought, "Where is Jesus? Isn't He worthy?" But I was wrong in comparing Jesus to any other created being. Those who are in heaven, on earth or under the earth are all created by God. No created thing is worthy or equal to God Himself.

Next we find John weeping, filled with sorrow that no one could open the book. Do you frequently find yourself weeping over your own inadequacies as well as over the shortcomings of others? It fills our hearts with grief that we can't do all that needs to be done, be all that we know we have the ability to be, or serve the Lord with limitless devotion. We are limited by physical boundaries: our flesh, our sin and time. So when one of the elders said to John, "Stop weeping; behold, the Lion that is from the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has overcome so as to open the book and its seven seals" (verse 5), we find such hope and joy that Jesus is not limited. He has overcome, and, through the power of the Holy Spirit, He is helping us to overcome our shortcomings also. Jesus is God and He is worthy to accomplish all the works of God.

We stand before the Lord as a saint only because the blood of Christ covers our sin. The Lord Jesus gives us, unworthy sinful man, the strength to stand before a Holy God. On earth, we too cry with John but one day, we will stop crying. The Lord Jesus will come to our side to say to the Father, "They are worthy--because I died for them."

Oh, trust the Lord today. Allow His power to flow through you. Tell Him you are willing to be that vessel for Him to accomplish all His works.

He is worthy to accomplish all you need, if you are willing to allow Him to work.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 01 Nov 2017, 9:38 pm

And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, "Who is worthy to open the book and to break its seals?" Revelation 5:2

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 31 Oct 2017, 8:14 pm

October 31

Today's Reading: Jeremiah 22; Titus 1

Today's Thoughts: The Lesser Blessed the Greater

Then Joseph brought in his father Jacob and set him before Pharaoh; and Jacob blessed Pharaoh. Pharaoh said to Jacob, "How old are you?" And Jacob said to Pharaoh, "The days of the years of my pilgrimage are one hundred and thirty years; few and evil have been the days of the years of my life, and they have not attained to the days of the years of the life of my fathers in the days of their pilgrimage." So Jacob blessed Pharaoh, and went out from before Pharaoh. - Genesis 47:7-10

Joseph brought his family to Egypt and introduced his father to Pharaoh. Pharaoh is the head guy...he is the President, the Commander in Chief, the main man. In contrast, Jacob is a wanderer, a sojourner, the father of shepherds and a very old man who had to leave his homeland because he and his family would have died of starvation from the famine. But why do the Scriptures say two times: “Jacob blessed Pharaoh?” How does that happen? How does the empty bless the full? How does the lesser bless the greater? How does the poor possess more than the rich? How does the average overrule the superior? The answer--GOD.

God uses the foolish things of the world to confound the wise. God reveals His will and His blessings to the childlike. God empowers everyday people to fulfill abundant promises without money, without power and without titles. The prayers and praises of the saints have higher ratings and rewards than the most powerful, self sufficient persons on earth.

We have our logic all mixed up down here. If we really understood the ways of the Lord, we would not be held down by difficulty nor be lifted up with pride. When we fix our eyes on the things that matter, we understand that Jacob’s “evil” years of pilgrimage have an eternal value that weighs more than this nameless Pharaoh who lived a life of luxury on earth.

Do you bless others? You are a child of God, just like Jacob. Jacob blessed Pharaoh because of Jacob’s position in the heavenlies. He blessed Pharaoh because Jacob knew what being blessed really meant. Jacob blessed Pharaoh and today, his life still blesses me. Jacob has done more for me than Pharaoh because Jacob’s family brought to us the greatest blessing of all...Jesus. When we really know Jesus, we truly understand what it is to be blessed so that we can freely bless others. Ask the Lord to use you to bless someone today.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 30 Oct 2017, 3:27 pm

October 30

Today's Reading: Jeremiah 20; 2 Timothy 4

Today's Thoughts: Do Not be Unequally Yoked

Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? - 2 Corinthinas 6:14

This morning, I was thinking about being “unequally yoked.” (2 Corinthians 6:14) What does that really mean? To what extent does it apply? Like: if you are a doctor, are you not to be in partnership with other doctors? If you are a teacher, are you not to consult with other teachers? If you are a student, are you to not sit in a study group with other students who do not share your convictions, your perspectives, your faith?

Then I was thinking about all the marriages where the two do not agree. It is clear that a believer is not to leave the unbeliever if the unbeliever is willing to stay in the marriage (1 Corinthians 7:12-14), so how do you remain separate or unyoked when your spouse does not share your faith? The Answer: It’s a Spirit-led thing.

We have all heard sermons that have given a black and white/right and wrong message on this passage. I have seen well-intended believers make drastic life-changing decisions because of a Sunday Morning message before seeking the individual counsel of the Lord. Sometimes the Sunday sermon does a disservice to the Spirit-led nature of the Word of God. When a pastor or teacher is sharing, he/she is giving a message that should have touched their heart first. The message is also given for the group as a whole so it will be more generic in nature. As a result, the listener needs to be able to take away what the Spirit of God is saying individually to them, not necessarily with the bent the teacher preached it.

God does not lead us as a group like in Exodus with the moving cloud. He changed the rules and said that now all will know Him (Jeremiah 31:34). I love the freedom of the Word of God and I love how the Spirit moves us at different times with different verses. If the Lord brings to mind the verse “do not be unequally yoked,” it is the believer’s responsibility to say back to the Lord, “What are You impressing on my heart to change? And Lord, please give me the wisdom to know how to apply this change to my life.”

When this verse first came to mind this morning, my mind started jumping to conclusions of all the possibilities the Lord might want me to change. But when I slowed down and asked the Lord those questions today, I realized it was about a social gathering that I am planning to attend. No big changes, no large convictions, just a warning to be wise in my conversations. “Do not yoke in thought with someone because your ears enjoyed hearing the words.”

God is patient and kind. When He tells us to flee and to not be unequally yoked, He will also give us the wisdom to change, move, leave as we trust Him. He will not lead us too quickly or too emotionally or too rashly. The Lord is on an eternal clock and we are called to align with Him, not Him with us.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 29 Oct 2017, 1:42 pm

Today’s Reading: Jeremiah 18; 2 Timothy 3

Today’s Thoughts: A New Start

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. - >2 Corinthians 5:17

The word "new" strikes a cord with most of us. There is something inspiring about getting a new anything. Shopping is one of our nation's favorite pastimes, bordering on obsession. We love to buy new things, go to new places, eat at new restaurants--you name it, if it is new, then we are interested. And if all of this is not enough, we can go a step further and get a brand new makeover for ourselves. Today, a person has several options from which to choose for their new look, from whiter teeth to a whole new face. Plastic surgeons are more popular than ever as they give hope of not only a new look, but a new life. People today are desperately seeking something new and are willing to do anything to re-create themselves.

I keep thinking of the phrases "beauty is only skin deep" and "the new will wear off." The basic point in these sayings is this: surface pleasures that bring joy and excitement do not last as they eventually fade away. Our joy is not on the outside but on our inside. Our happiness begins within us. If we are not fulfilled in who we are in ourselves then we will not ever be able to buy enough new things or make ourselves look good enough to fill the emptiness. How do we find this inner joy? How can we find true contentment? Our verse today is one that should give us all great encouragement and hope. Anyone who comes to Jesus Christ is given a brand new start. "All things have become new." What an amazing promise!

Nothing we could ever buy could compare to actually being given a new start in life. Jesus promises us that we not only get a new start, but we become a new creation. We are born again in His Spirit (John 3:3-8) and are forever changed. "I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; and I will not remember your sins (Isaiah 43:25). Once we accept Jesus Christ as our Savior, He wipes all of our sins away and we are given a new start with a new life. If you are in Christ, take hold of this promise today. Do not believe the lies of the enemy who will tell you that you are still the same old sinner. Praise the Lord for His mercies and ask Him to teach you day by day how to live as His new creation. Ask the Lord to help you let go of the past and start living for Him today. Go forward, not backward. The Holy Spirit will lead you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 28 Oct 2017, 11:49 am

October 28

Today’s Readings: Jeremiah 15; 2 Timothy 2

Today’s Thoughts: Why We Read the Bible

Your words were found, and I ate them, and Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart; for I am called by Your name, O Lord God of hosts. - Jeremiah 15:16

The other day, my husband was asked a question by a friend of his at church. The question took him off guard which is why he asked me the same question. The question: Whydo you read the Bible? At first I thought, “What kind of question is that? We all know why we read the Bible.” As believers, we must know this answer or at least have an answer...right? Isn’t the answer obvious, or is this a trick question? But my husband just kept looking at me and waiting on me to answer. As I thought about it, I realized the answer was not so obvious, not so easy.

So, I took a moment and asked the Lord to help me with my answer, not to sound haughty, but to glorify Him in my response. The verse above came to my mind, one of my life verses. “Your words were found and I ate them, And [they became] to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart.” My response was fairly short as I quoted this verse and said that without God’s Word, I would die. His words are my daily bread, my living water, and the air I breathe. I cannot live without the daily sustenance provided through His precious, living word. And yet I find myself so often wanting more, being hungry for more of Him and knowing how desperate I am without His continual filling. In reading His Word, I find strength to persevere throughout the day as God’s child. I find wisdom in dealing with daily decisions. I find joy that there is more than what this world has to offer. And I find peace because I know that someone really loves me, despite all my shortcomings. When I discipline myself to read His Word, I not only find answers...I find God.

How would you answer this question? Why do you read the Bible? Go to the Lord today to find your answer. Ask Him to feed you with His Word, to write it on the tablets of your heart, and to fill your heart with joy and rejoicing. If you have not opened your Bible in a while, start today...you may be surprised at what you find. And you never know when someone may ask you, “Why do you read the Bible?” Think about, and pray for, your answer today.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next