World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 18 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 18 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» WHY DID GOD CREATE EVIL
Daily Disciples - Page 29 EmptyToday at 4:36 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Daily Disciples - Page 29 EmptyToday at 2:37 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Daily Disciples - Page 29 EmptyYesterday at 11:38 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Daily Disciples - Page 29 EmptyYesterday at 11:18 pm by Admin

» AISH
Daily Disciples - Page 29 EmptyYesterday at 10:24 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Daily Disciples - Page 29 EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» israelAM
Daily Disciples - Page 29 EmptyYesterday at 10:09 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Daily Disciples - Page 29 EmptyYesterday at 9:54 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
Daily Disciples - Page 29 EmptyYesterday at 9:51 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Daily Disciples - Page 29 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:49 pm by Admin

» Pressure from UN Threats
Daily Disciples - Page 29 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:45 pm by Admin

» Ship that obliterated Baltimore bridge
Daily Disciples - Page 29 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:44 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Daily Disciples - Page 29 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:08 pm by Admin

» Be Fervent in Spirit
Daily Disciples - Page 29 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 10:54 pm by Admin

» Remain in God - iBelieve Truth
Daily Disciples - Page 29 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 1:25 am by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Daily Disciples - Page 29 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 12:43 am by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Daily Disciples - Page 29 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 11:40 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Daily Disciples - Page 29 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 11:00 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Daily Disciples - Page 29 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 8:54 pm by Admin

» Is Gaza Really Starving
Daily Disciples - Page 29 EmptySun 24 Mar 2024, 11:40 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Daily Disciples

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Daily Disciples - Page 29 Empty Re: Daily Disciples

Post  Admin Mon 14 Dec 2015, 9:28 pm

Daily Disciples
December 14

Today's Reading: Joel 1; Revelation 5

Today's Thoughts: No such thing as wasted years

"So I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten…” - Joel 2:25

The book of Joel was written by the prophet of whom we know the least. His book is only three chapters in length but is packed with sincere pleas for repentance for the nation of Israel. Joel knew the Lord’s Day was coming but he also knew and spoke of God’s endless mercy and grace. One of my favorite verses in the Bible is Joel 2:25. For me, this verse represents great hope and encouragement for the future. Not only is our God a God of second chances, but also He is a God who restores our past. I have witnessed this restoration first hand in my own life.

I was raised in church, accepted Jesus as my Savior and was baptized, all before the age of 10. I can honestly say I have known the Lord most of my life, but I have not always chosen to walk with Him. There is a big difference in knowingHim versus livingfor Him. There is also a big difference in knowing aboutHim versus knowing Him personally. I spent many years as an adult choosing to live my life my way. I still read the Bible, went to church and prayed…prayed a lot for the things I wanted. But my life was my own. Then one day, something changed in my heart. My eyes were opened in a very different way. I realized who was really on the throne of my life and it was not Jesus. I began to see how empty my life had become and that I wanted more. More meant more of Him. It was time to live for Jesus. It was time to change my course. But what about those wasted years? I had such sadness realizing the time I had wasted. If only I had done things differently.

Then one day, I come across this verse in Joel. And the Lord Himself said to me that He would restore all of those years that the locust had eaten. He has a plan for my life and His plans and callings are irrevocable. Not only is God with me as I go forward but also He has never left me. I look back and see God’s tremendous grace. And I have seen God do immeasurably more than I could ever ask or imagine in just a few short years.  Do you have regrets about wasted years? Know today that God will restore them all. If you have been away from Him, come back today. Repent and ask the Lord to sit on the throne of your life and carry out His plans and callings for you. Let this verse give you hope and encouragement to begin a new day.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.
Daily Disciples Ministries, Inc.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 14 Dec 2015, 12:54 am

Daily Disciples
December 13

Today's Reading: Hosea 12; Revelation 4

Today's Thoughts: Return To The Lord

"Their deeds do not permit them to return to their God. A spirit of prostitution is in their heart; they do not knowledge the LORD." - Hosea 5:4

During Hosea's time, the people would not return to the Lord. They continued to do what they thought was right in their own eyes, not acknowledging God's standard for their lives. As a result, they lived to please their king, and themselves, to their own destruction. However, the people were still trying to appease God by following in the things that God had established for them, like the rituals and sacrifices. It was easier for them to "do" for God than to "be" with God. God told them that He would rather have them acknowledge Him than to burn sacrifices for Him. The people's sins became such a habit and place of bondage that their deeds prevented them from returning to the Lord.

The Book of Hosea is written because God wanted them to return to Him. Their deeds did not have to separate Him from them, but their deeds kept their hearts from turning to God.If you find yourself in sinful habits and patterns that are keeping you from returning to the Lord, today is the day to come back to Him. The Lord's love cannot ever be separated from you, but you have the ability to separate yourself from Him. Start being honest with Him today. Tell Him the truth—He already knows everything about you. Let the secret out so that He may come in. Do not beat yourself up during the restoration process, it will take time and change often comes slowly. Praise God that He is never in a rush. Relax. He is on your side.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 12 Dec 2015, 7:05 pm

Daily Disciples
December 12

Today's Reading: Hosea 9; Revelation 3

Today's Thoughts: Consider Your Deeds

"I know your deeds, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead." - Revelation 3:1

Companies hire consultants to come into their business to assess and evaluate the services they provide. The goal is to become more efficient, make more product and have better outcomes. Hiring an outsider allows an unbiased opinion without any emotional attachments to the employees involved or the personal dynamics that make up each "excuse" of why the employees do not achieve the company's goal.

In the Book of Revelation, Jesus does not ask for a consultant, like a prophet or angel, to come in to evaluate His church and His people. He clearly and lovingly assesses each church Himself. He starts each letter with the words, "I know your deeds" and then to six out of the seven churches, He says, "But".  Deed is also another word for work, which in the Greek means an act, deed, work that is done or anything accomplished by hand, art, industry or mind. These churches know Jesus because they each have a saving faith to be called and hear what He is saying. So, Jesus speaks to each one about their works, not their faith. And we know that faith without works (or deeds) is dead. However, the Overseer of each church rebukes their works and deeds that follow their faith. The stakes are high. The rebuke is not about losing your job but the shaking of your eternal foundation.

Jesus writes these letters explaining that He understands who they are, where they live, what they do and to six of the churches, how they fall short. Then, He lovingly tells them how to return or be restored. God is also for us. He wants us to be our best and live abundantly. How we live our life here day by day does matter for eternity. For me personally, I do not want any "Buts" when standing before Jesus face-to-face. I want to hear, "Well done, good and faithful servant. Enter into My rest." I want all He has for me here and I want to do it and live it His way.

Today, read over Revelation 2-3. Meditate on the verses; ponder His descriptions in your mind. Then ask the Lord which description looks a lot like you. He will honestly and clearly answer and then help you become all He wants you to be. The stakes are too high—take His words seriously.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 11 Dec 2015, 10:36 pm

Today's Reading: Hosea 5; Revelation 2

Today's Thoughts: The Weather Man

Let us acknowledge the Lord; let us press on to acknowledge Him. As surely as the sun rises, He will appear; He will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth. - Hosea 6:3

Wherever you live, rain is a big deal.  If we have little rain or a lot of rain within the year, the weather makes a huge impact on us.  The weather conditions command our daily attention as we graph and chart the amount of rain. We have entire television stations dedicated to the weather around the world. When a natural weather disaster hits, all other news stops to report the extent of the damage. We pay a lot of attention to the weather as we depend on this information to plan our day.

There is nothing wrong with following the weather patterns, but Hosea is stating that as surely as we acknowledge the sun and rain coming, we need to acknowledge the coming of the Lord. Jesus rebuked the people for acknowledging the signs of the weather but not acknowledging the signs of the Lord. In Luke 12:54-56, Jesus said to the crowd: “When you see a cloud rising in the west, immediately you say, 'It's going to rain,' and it does. And when the south wind blows, you say, 'It's going to be hot,' and it is. Hypocrites! You know how to interpret the appearance of the earth and the sky. How is it that you don't know how to interpret this present time?”

Are we sensitive to His ways? Are we in tune with His will? Do we study His Word daily for direction and guidance in our day as much as we tune into the weather? Could Jesus rebuke us today for the same things? Even though the rain seems to be later than expected some years, we do get rain. We might think that Jesus is late in His coming too. But surely He will come. If we are not acknowledging Him, He may not acknowledge us. And even if Jesus doesn’t come here during our life time, it is inevitable that we will go to Him some day.

Who do you worship? Who do you serve? Just by examining your need to know the weather in comparison to your need to know the Lord should shed some light on what your priorities are. When we acknowledge the Lord in everything, we are able to interpret His signs because we become sensitive to His ways over our own. We give so much attention to the weather but Jesus truly is the ultimate Weather Man, whether we acknowledge Him or not.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 10 Dec 2015, 11:04 am

Daily Disciples
December 10

Today's Reading: Hosea 1; Revelation 1

Today's Thoughts: Watch Your Stubbornness

“For Israel is stubborn like a stubborn calf; Now the Lord will let them forage like a lamb in open country." - Hosea 4:16

Giving my dog a bath gives me a good glimpse at a stubborn animal. He instinctively knows when I am getting ready to bathe him. Once he is convinced that I am coming to get him, he tries to hide. At that point, talking to him will not get him to change his mind. He must be dragged by the collar to the hose outside (hot and cold water, of course). It is not like he isn't spoiled and usually gets what he wants, but a bath is what is best for him, and for those around him. When the bath is over, he is the happiest, most energetic dog I have ever seen. He seems to like the after effect much more than the process he has to go through to get there.

The Lord compared Israel to a stubborn calf. They would not listen to the Lord's commands and would not obey His Word. Regardless of how much God blessed them, they still returned to their wicked ways. Regardless of how much they saw God's hand taking care of them, rescuing them, and providing for them, they had a short memory of those things. They were constantly returning to their sinful practices of worshiping other gods and pursuing their fleshly desires. Stubborn and stiff-necked is how God referred to them as He looked upon their rebellious ways.

I wonder how often the Lord looks at us the same way. How often do we rebel against what God has for us because we do not want to go through the process (or the bath we need)? For me, even though I revel in the after effects of God's touch, I still resist that necessary cleansing of the sin in my life. If we are not careful, we will find ourselves too comfortable with being unclean. Once that begins to happen, we may also find ourselves slipping into practices that do not glorify God, just as the Israelites did. When you know the Lord is coming to get you for that special time of bathing, just let Him have His way with you. The process will go much faster and you will feel so much better when you surrender to Him. I keep giving my dog the same advice even though he is not catching on. But we should.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 09 Dec 2015, 8:11 pm

Daily Disciples

December 9

Today's Reading: Daniel 11; Jude 1

Today's Thoughts: In Time

Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near. - Revelation 1:3

The key word in today's verse is the word "time." When the Lord says, "the time is near," He is referring to time from His perspective, not from the perspective of time that we have. Our minds cannot comprehend God's concept of time, which puts us in a place of trusting Him for His perfect timing in all things.

Time seems so finite to us on earth, but in the kingdom of God, time is very different from what we know today. Even setting the clocks back one hour throws our schedules and internal systems off. It takes many of us all week to get adjusted to the time change. How can we begin to even imagine time being eternal? But it will be eternal for our spirits, and the choice of where we will spend it is up to us. For those in Christ, eternity in Heaven awaits us and the concept of time will no longer matter. For those who die without knowing Christ as their Savior, eternity consists of a Hell too terrible to comprehend.

Today, we should value time from the perspective that it is too short and is running out fast. Let's get out and spread the Good News before time runs out. The book of Revelation is written so that we will know of what is to come and to believe that the "time is near." We must never become complacent or apathetic regarding the Lord's prophecies and promises. His words will come to pass…in time.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 08 Dec 2015, 1:46 pm

December 8

Today’s Reading: Daniel 8; 3 John 1

Today’s Thoughts: Being Double Minded Part 2

"he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways." - James 1:8 (Part 2)

After we ask for His wisdom, we may still be apprehensive to step forward in faith. We might need to look for further confirmation on the matter. Now, we need to make sure that we are sensitive to His confirmation, assuring His Will over our own will. We are instructed in Matthew 18:16 that at the testimony of two or more witnesses, every Word may be established. He will confirm His Will to you. God can use various means to confirm His message to our hearts; always start in His Word then continue to ask Him to bring things to your mind. When you have received the same message several times and you know in your spirit that the Lord is impressing His Word upon your heart, then rest in His counsel and have confidence in knowing that He is speaking to you, to guide you in His ways.

But we still have the choice to choose His ways or not. James 1:5-8 says, "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways."

If we know how God is leading and we still chose to wrestle, struggle, doubt, worry and fret—we become double-minded. It would have been better to just make your own decision and live with the consequences. Instead, ask for wisdom, believe He gives it without reproach and receive His answers in faith.

Let's say something goes terribly wrong after going through this process. I have seen this happen also. We need to remember that God rewards those who diligently seek Him and God rewards faith. If you went through this process of seeking His will over your own, and you stepped out in faith, then rest with the results. Those results are now God's burden and we all know that His burden is easy. Always remember: God works all things together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.

Oh Lord, thank You for allowing me to find You when I search for You with all my heart. Please give me wisdom, knowledge and discernment as I desire to do Your will over my own. And I will trust You with the results.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 07 Dec 2015, 9:16 pm

Daily Disciples
December 7

Today’s Reading: Daniel 5; 2 John 1

Today’s Thoughts: What is Double Minded? Part 1

"he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways." James 1:8

James tells us not to be double-minded because we will be unstable in all our ways. No one wants to be unstable, so how can we prevent ourselves from being double-minded?

First, we have to define what it means to be double-minded. Thinking through decisions and weighing out the cost/benefit ratio is not being double-minded. That, instead, is called "counting the cost." In every decision we make, we need to count the cost; it is important to gather information and know the options first. This process can take some time, and for some of us, it takes too long when our thoughts become consumed by our choices. It is important to include the Lord during the "count the cost" process because if we have missed something, the Lord will bring to mind what we need to remember. But there is only so much information we can gather and there is only so much time that can be allotted for each decision. Continuing to extend the process; leads to second guessing (or being double-minded). Set a time limit to gather information and then make a decision. No looking back and no regrets. It is better to make a wrong decision than to make no decision. God can work together anything for good and we learn from every decision, the right and the wrong ones.

Another way to prevent double-mindedness is by asking the Lord for wisdom. Your goal should be to make a choice that will bless the Lord as well as be best for you. At the outset, do not jump to conclusions of what you think is best in pleasing Him. When I have done this in the past, I usually ended up being wrong. For some odd reason, I tend to believe that whatever is best for God is not what is best for me. WRONG! Or I want to believe that what is best for me has to be best for God—wrong again. Be open, be willing, and be in the Word. When we ask for wisdom, we are really asking for God to make His choices known to us. We have to be willing to listen. The only way I have learned to be willing to listen is by understanding that God's ways are best for me, regardless of what those "ways" may look like. He is a God of love and purpose, and His purposes are filled with love. We can trust Him. Pray and believe in faith that God hears you. James tells us to not doubt that it is God answering. Pray for faith to do what He has led you to do, despite your doubts.

(Part 2 in tomorrow's reading)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 06 Dec 2015, 11:16 pm

Daily Disciples
December 6

Today's Reading: Daniel 3; 1 John 5 

Today's Thoughts: Be Aware

Now Dinah the daughter of Leah, whom she had borne to Jacob, went out to see the daughters of the land. And when Shechem the son of Hamor the Hivite, prince of the country, saw her, he took her and lay with her, and violated her. - Genesis 34:1-2

The Lord had a plan for His people as He was beginning to develop His own nation. But long before the children of Israel would fully understand what that meant, God began to teach them the importance of being set apart from the Gentile (or pagan) nations. When Dinah "went out to see the daughters of the land," she may not have realized the potential danger in mingling with the foreigners. This danger became real when Hamor "violated her."

As Christians, we must be aware of the danger of mingling in the world's activities. There must be a distinction between us and the world. There are times to witness and to shine the Light of Jesus Christ into the world, but we need wisdom to know when to be careful of dangerous places. Jesus prayed for us to be in the world but not of the world. God has a purpose for us in how we live and also in the activities of which we participate. We must train ourselves to be aware of the enemy's schemes to lure us into trouble, which often happens because we are in a place where we should not be.

Dinah found herself in trouble by visiting the women of the land. This trouble led to even greater problems for the family. Let us receive this message and apply it to our own lives as we pray to be aware of these types of dangers. What can seem harm-lesscould actually be harm-ful. Get into the habit of bringing every decision to the Lord first and then asking for the wisdom and guidance in what to do next.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 05 Dec 2015, 7:38 pm

Daily Disciples

December 5

Today's Reading: Daniel 1; 1 John 4

Today's Thoughts: God’s Favor

Now God had brought Daniel into the favor and goodwill of the chief of the eunuchs. - Daniel 1:9 

I love the Old Testament stories that illustrate how God brought someone into favor in an unfavorable situation. Daniel was given favor in the king's palace, even though he was a captive and taken prisoner. Joseph was given favor with the guards as a prisoner in Egypt. And even David, before he was king, was given favor when he sought refuge in enemy territory with the Philistines. Why such favor with these people in these situations? Was it because of what they had done to earn it? No. It was because of who God is.

Even today, we see God's favor upon us. As I opened my hometown's newspaper last week, I saw a picture of my nephew being awarded "Student of the Month." Knowing that he is not a stellar student but wondering if he had suddenly had a major change, I called my sister to congratulate him. When I asked her why he received the award, she said, "Well, for some reason the teacher just picked him once before, and she picked him again for this month." My sister had no real answer as to why he got the award the first time, much less the second. I knew that my nephew had found favor with his teacher. Because of what he had done? I doubt it. But because of who God is.

There are many times that I ask God to give me favor in certain situations or with certain people. Sometimes we hold back from asking for such things because we feel unworthy or undeserving. But the Lord wants us to ask because He loves to answer. I have been given favor in situations where I deserved nothing but wrath. When we truly embrace God's grace, then we can begin to understand a snippet of how much He loves us.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 04 Dec 2015, 10:33 am

Daily Disciples
December 4

Today’s Reading: Ezekiel 47; 1 John 3

Today’s Thoughts: In Your Sight

Then Moses said to the Lord, "See, You say to me, 'Bring up this people.' But You have not let me know whom You will send with me. Yet You have said, 'I know you by name, and you have also found grace in My sight.' Now therefore, I pray, if I have found grace in Your sight, show me now Your way, that I may know You and that I may find grace in Your sight. And consider that this nation is Your people." Exodus 33:12-13

My family and I went skiing for a few days. The first day, we were in a blizzard and I quickly discovered that my goggles were broken. At times, I thought I would have skied better if my eyes were closed because my goggles made the weather conditions even worse. The second day, the sun was out shining and the conditions were beautiful. I didn’t need goggles, sunglasses would work just fine. Well, I pulled out my sunglasses on the first chairlift. To my surprise, one of the lenses fell into my hand. When instances like this happen two times in a row, I know that the Lord wants my attention. While staring at the lens, I immediately said to the Lord, “What are you trying to teach me about my eyesight?”

What came to my mind at the end of that prayer was the Scripture that I had been meditating on from Exodus 33: “found grace in Your sight.” Three times Moses said to the Lord that he knew he found grace in God’s sight. I was meditating on why Moses added in “Your sight.”  I know that I have also found grace but what does the “in Your sight” mean to me?  God used my goggles and broken sunglasses to explain. We are very dependent on what we can see or what we perceive. We make judgment calls and assessments through our eyes. When something impairs our ability to see, we compensate by using our other senses, and in those times I do a lot more praying for wisdom. I realized how much I judge by what I see. I depend on my sight (or perception) more at times than on how God see things.  But it cannot be about how I see things, but what the Lord sees in me. Like Moses, I know that I have found grace in His sight but am I living to be pleasing in His sight every day, with every decision? Do I value the things the Lord sees more than the things I see?

The Lord wants us to live with spiritual eyes. He wants us to fix our eyes on Jesus so that our decisions and choices may be pleasing in His sight. We have already found grace because we know Jesus, but we also need to live a life that is pleasing in His sight daily.  I just wish I could have learned this lesson safely at home instead of on top of a mountain. But of course, it was up on a mountain that Moses learned the most too.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 03 Dec 2015, 1:42 pm

Daily Disciples

December 3

Today’s Reading: Ezekiel 45:1-28; 1 John 2

Today’s Thoughts: Our Perspective Matters

The righteous perishes, and no man takes it to heart; Merciful men are taken away, while no one considers that the righteous is taken away from evil. He shall enter into peace; they shall rest in their beds, each one walking in his uprightness. Isaiah 57:1-2

A friend of ours went home to be with the Lord recently. God had blessed her with a heart of wisdom as she served Him in ministry as well as in the company of those in the world. We, as a church, prayed fervently for her healing and for extended life but the Lord took her home a few months after her diagnosis.

It is difficult to understand why the Lord would want to take someone home to be with Him when she was serving Him so faithfully and fully here. Thinking in the earthly perspective, she was too young to die, still had too much left she could do and was too much of a godly model. When I think about her from this perspective, I am stumbled by God’s will and confused by God’s ways. And I just want her back. However, when I pull myself back enough to see it from an eternal perspective, I am sincerely envious that I am not in the presence of the Lord with her right now too. Our hearts should groan for heaven even though our flesh refuses to accept death. The dichotomy of life and death is a continual reminder that earth is not our home. We are just passing through. The goal of each Christian should be that our walk with Him doesn’t change from here to there. The place changes but not the relationship.

Our perspective matters. If we chose to continually see things from man’s perspective, we will be discouraged and disappointed with the Lord. If we choose to get into the Word and see life from His perspective, we find joy peace and excitement by drawing closer to Him. I am saddened by my loss of a sister in Christ but I am also thankful that we will remain friends for eternity.

Oh Lord, bring us home as dedicated and committed to You as our friend was.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 02 Dec 2015, 9:47 am

Daily Disciples

December 2

Today's Reading: Ezekiel 42; 1 John 1

Today's Thoughts: There is Only One Way

This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 1 John 1:5

A few years ago, the Lord put a burden on my heart for someone who worked for my husband.   She was a loyal employee, a hard worker and a mature manager. Her ethics and values made her trustworthy and honest. Why would I have a burden for such a good, well-balanced person? She began attending a church and her life began to change. Her church was a Self-Realization Fellowship temple. She learned from them that her good works and good life would gain her much favor when she was reincarnated. If she continued to improve in her good works each time that she returned to earth (in whatever form that might be), then eventually she would reach the pinnacle of her life's goal: she would become god. Believe it or not, this is the teaching of the New Age movement. She bought in to their lies and deceptions.

The Lord gave me the verse listed above and told me to tell her that He is the only Light. I remember the morning that I asked her to come over and have a cup of coffee with me. I told her that the Lord loved her and that He wanted her to know Him. I read 1 John 1:5 to her and said that in God, there is no darkness. She began to cry and she shared with me her fears of darkness. She was struggling and hurting. I talked with her about Jesus and that there is only one true God. Jesus is the only Way. There is no alternative path to everlasting life. The hard part in witnessing to someone in this position is that they will often agree with you. She agreed with me in everything I said about God and that she most certainly believes in God. But, she was not so sure about Jesus being God. She believed in Jesus but she had made Him out to be just a really good man, a prophet and a teacher. She could not accept His sacrifice for her sin, because she convinced herself that, in the end, her good works were all that really mattered. She would earn her way.

She would later leave our company and move on. The differences in our beliefs really stressed our relationship at times. Without realizing it, she changed in ways that made her hard-hearted and opinionated. In denying Jesus, she was continuing to bring increasing darkness into her life. The “good life” is deceptive and blinding. It simply is not possible for us to be "good" people. I still pray for her when the Lord brings her to my mind and I hope that one day she will come to the true Light. For me personally, I learned a lot from going through the experience of witnessing to her. Despite my burden for her soul, I know that only the Lord can save her. If you know someone in this type of cult or other false religion, do not give up praying for them. There is always hope—until their very last breath.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 01 Dec 2015, 12:48 pm

Daily Disciples
Today's Reading: Ezekiel 37; 1 Peter 2

Today's Thoughts: The Holy Spirit in You

I will put my Spirit in you and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land. Then you will know that I the LORD have spoken, and I have done it, declares the LORD. - Ezekiel 37:14

When we accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, we receive His Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is God and He is a gift from God the Father that allows us to have a relationship with the Lord. The Spirit of God intercedes for us in prayer as He uses words that enter into the throne room of God when we can only moan and groan. He is our Counselor, our Teacher, our Comfort and our Guide. But the most important eternal promise we receive when the Spirit of God is placed in us is the seal of our salvation as we come alive spiritually for eternity. Amazing!

Do you realize the power you have living inside you? That power raised Lazarus from the dead, healed all kinds of diseases and delivered souls from bondage. That same power is found in you through Jesus. Jesus shows us this power through His indwelling peace. When we receive the Spirit of God, we have peace with God, not peace as the world gives, but the peace of God that surpasses understanding. It is peace that "settles" you. No matter where you are or what you are struggling with, God has settled your soul to have peace with Him.

The peace of God is a promise for you today. Claim it, speak it and live in it. Throw off the distractions of illness, financial loss, negative comments, guilt, and self-condemnation. And let the peace of Christ dwell in you richly. Nothing can interfere with the love Christ has for you and the peace that is yours by knowing Him. All these things on earth will pass away, but your security for eternity is fixed. Fix your eyes on Jesus by reading His Word. Get a verse today that you can claim as a promise and live beyond the struggles. Cast your cares upon the Lord for He cares for you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 30 Nov 2015, 11:12 pm

Daily Disciples

Today's Reading: Ezekiel 35; 2 Peter 1

Today’s Thoughts: Life After Death

But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. - 2 Peter 1:5-8

My friend’s husband passed away a few months ago. My friend has now found herself with a new identity of becoming a widow. The Lord asks us to take care of widows and orphans frequently in the Bible so I do feel an added obligation to listen intently and meet their needs.

My friend was talking out loud. There were times of definite grief in her words and then she would try to gain some strength to make plans. I was driving so it was easy to remain quiet as she cycled through these out loud thoughts until she said something that immediately broke my silence.

Her words, “Well, I am 53 and getting older. It’s ok to be a widow. I do not have much longer to live either. I will just be around for my kids until it’s my time to join him.”

I turned my head towards her and said, “You could have another 35 strong years! Age is not a factor in treating cancer or having heart surgery.  My husband did heart surgery on a patient who was 98 years old and the patient did fine. Age is not a factor in determining what you can and cannot do!”

God called Moses into full-time, hard-core ministry at 80 and then He called Joshua at the same age. Who are we to say that we have reached an age to maintain status quo?  Until the Lord returns or we literally go to Him, there is work on this earth to do, discover and explore.

I told my friend, “You need to get into an exercise class, take up a hobby, volunteer at something that fills your heart, become involved with a mission that focuses your prayers. Move, shift gears, be willing to change.”

If we want to admit it or not, there are certain circumstances in life that causes change. We need to embrace the change in honor of the Lord. Keep the faith and push forward.

I think that is why Jesus told us that the death of a spouse frees the remaining spouse. It is much easier to take on the loved-one’s death than to live without the loved-one.

As a former ICU nurse, I have had to deal with life and death issues a lot. Despite our belief system, all of us struggle with sickness, disease, stress disorders, aging bodies and eventually death.  We pray for healing to the day we die because it brings rays of hope. Let’s make every day count instead of counting down every day. Let’s live our lives to the fullest, giving God the glory for the fullest of His faithfulness in giving us one more day. The term “life after death” is true in many aspects.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 30 Nov 2015, 4:26 pm

Daily Disciples

Today’s Reading: Ezekiel 14; James 2

Today’s Thoughts: Who Do You Say That I Am?

And it happened, as He was alone praying, that His disciples joined Him, and He asked them, saying, "Who do the crowds say that I am?" So they answered and said, "John the Baptist, but some say Elijah; and others say that one of the old prophets has risen again." He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" Peter answered and said, "The Christ of God." - Luke 9:18-20

"But who do you say that I am?" As many people began to discuss and debate who Jesus really was, Jesus asked His disciples this question. Did the people closest to Jesus even know or believe in Him? Peter's answer was correct. Jesus was, and is, the Christ, the Son of God. Jesus is the Messiah, the One who came to earth to redeem us from sin and save us from eternal darkness. But even though Peter confesses rather boldly in this statement who he believes Jesus to be, not too long after this, Peter would also deny Jesus three times (Luke 22:54-62). In Jesus' greatest time of need, His closest friends deserted Him. So it is not just in words that we need to know and confess who Jesus is, but also our actions testify of our belief in Him. Do your actions line up with your words?

Today, take time and pray for situations that you may encounter with others who have questions about your faith. Pray for strength and courage to speak up and stand up for Jesus. Pray that you can be His witness. Only the Holy Spirit reveals the truth of Jesus Christ to our hearts. Pray for the Holy Spirit to reveal Jesus to those you love and to use you as a testimony as to His saving grace and mercy. Pray that your words and actions will line up with His Spirit.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 29 Nov 2015, 12:29 pm

Daily Disciples
Today's Reading: Ezekiel 33; 1 Peter 5
Today's Thoughts: Perfect in Suffering

But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. - 1 Peter 5:10

The word "suffer" is not a word that brings comfort or peace. When we hear someone is suffering, we feel concern, sympathy and even sadness for that person. The definition for suffering means "to experiencea sensation or impression (usually painful)." The other fact that we as Christians must deal with is that God allows suffering. Nothing on this planet or in the universe happens without God's approval.

Why does this loving, gracious God allow tragedies that bring such suffering? Why does evil persist, even in homes and families who seek the Lord the most? These and many more questions are asked when we try to make sense of God's ways. Satan has taken full advantage of these events in our lives; at least he has tried to. Have you ever had thoughts like: "Why should I believe that doing things God's way brings me any assurance of protection or blessings?" Or, "If God loves me then why is He letting this happen to me?" The same logic applies when we turn those same thoughts to others. People hurt us, so let's not trust people anymore. Circumstances hurt us, so let's control everything we possibly can to prevent being hurt (Hurt, by the way, is just another description for suffering.).

The bottom-line answer is that we will never fully understand why God does what He does. We must live as He has told us to live—by faith. We must believe and trust that the Lord has a reason for everything that happens to us. When we dig into His Word and study His teachings, then we will have more peace in those times of confusion and pain. Today's verse is an example of how we can find peace and hope in times of suffering. We should pray this verse and meditate on it as we are going through those times of suffering. If we can look beyond our pain for the moment and pray to see the bigger picture that God has for us, then we can find hope and even peace in what we are going through. Even in the midst of great tragedies that tempt us to ask God "why," we can trust that He has a much greater plan than what we see in the short term. The question for us is whether or not we will trust Him or turn from Him.

Take time today to really meditate on the verse above. Take comfort and trust the Lord to "perfect, establish, strengthen and settle you" after you have suffered a while. Only God knows the timing of such things. Pray for the perseverance to endure.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 28 Nov 2015, 8:46 pm

Daily Disciples

Today's Reading: Ezekiel 30; 1 Peter 4 

Today's Thoughts: Hypocrisy
Now when Peter had come to Antioch, I withstood him to his face, because he was to be blamed; for before certain men came from James, he would eat with the Gentiles; but when they came, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing those who were of the circumcision.  And the rest of the Jews also played the hypocrite with him, so that even Barnabas was carried away with their hypocrisy. - Galatians 2:11-13

The Apostle Paul was a bold man in his faith. He seemed to have no problem confronting Peter about his hypocrisy. At the time this letter was written, the Gentiles were new converts into the salvation of Jesus Christ. The Jews had always been God's chosen people, circumcised and set apart, and were never to associate (especially to eat) with the heathen Gentiles. The Jewish prominence and exclusivity was abolished when Jesus died on the cross for all sins, for all people. Paul was the apostle to the Gentiles and he would not tolerate the contradictory behavior of his fellow Jews, especially from their leader, Peter. The leader has tremendous influence on the others, as seen in Barnabas' behavior in following Peter as well.

This holiday season will bring many families together for meals and fellowship. How will you behave in front of your un-believing family member? Will you stand firm as Paul and make your faith in Jesus Christ your standard of behavior? Or, will you go with the flow of the others and return to past traditions like Peter? A change is especially hard in families where traditions do not glorify God. If you are new to Christ, you may have a hard time with the old traditions, but will have a harder time going against them. Fear of ridicule and rejection are common to many of us who have had to go through these changes. It is much easier to just go with the family consensus and keep the peace. But is that what God wants you to do?

Regardless of where you find yourself in these situations, please remember to pray about them. Holiday gatherings tend to be times of deep-rooted family rituals—too much food, too much drink, too much indulgence of many kinds. As a child of God, pray for wisdom and discernment in these situations. God may not be telling you to be a Paul and confront all your family members. Paul confronted his brother in Christ, Peter. You, however, can set an example by simply not partaking in the behaviors that you know would not glorify Jesus. You never know who else will follow your lead. Do not criticize or judge. Hypocrites are those who judge others while committing the same acts. Let your actions be without hypocrisy. Pray in advance.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 27 Nov 2015, 10:26 pm

Daily Disciples

Today’s Reading: Ezekiel 27; 1 Peter 3

Today’s Thoughts: In Whose Strength?

“…then you say in your heart, 'My power and the might of my hand have gained me this wealth’” - Deuteronomy 8:17

I was talking to someone the other day who has been up and down financially more than I could personally handle. He has been very successful in more than one business venture, only to lose it all, and then start over again. This last venture; however, has cost him greatly. Great amounts of money have gone into something that now sits in a warehouse, with little hope of distribution. What is he going to do? In his own words, “I am going back to church.” The key point here is the word back. At one time, he and his wife were involved in their church, gave to missions, and looked for ways to use their financial blessings to bless others. Then, as the business grew, they got busier, and had less time for the things of God. Before long, they even stopped attending church.

The Lord warned the Israelites to be very careful when they entered the new land of promise and prosperity. They would be tempted to think that their success and wealth were of their own doing. Or they would forget God when they felt satisfied with their prosperity. They would serve mammon rather than God. But the Lord wanted them to remember that He was the One who brought them up from the land of Egypt. He was the One who delivered them from slavery and bondage. He was the One who brought them to this land of blessings. We can be so arrogant as humans. Not only do we start to think that we have made our own way by our own strength, but also we turn away from the One who blessed us so wonderfully. That is what happened to the Israelites and that is what happened to my friend.

When times are hard, we cry out to God for help. We press into Him. He is our only hope. We tend to be less attentive to God when we are doing well and life is cruising along. Regardless of where you are today, remember one thing: You have a Lord and Savior who only wants you. We have a Lord who desires to be with us, have a relationship with us, and wants us to desire Him above anything else in the world. He is a jealous God and He will do whatever it takes to get our attention. Draw closer to Him today. Pray that you do not fall away. If you have, then come back to Him. Do not get caught up in the things of life and lose sight of your relationship with Jesus. Stay with Him so He does not have to come get you back.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 26 Nov 2015, 8:52 pm

Today's Reading: Ezekiel 24; 1 Peter 2
Today's Thoughts: Be on God’s Side

The word of the LORD came to me: "Son of man, set your face against the Ammonites and prophesy against them.  Say to them 'Hear the word of the Sovereign LORD. This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Because you said "Aha!" over my sanctuary when it was desecrated and over the land of Israel when it was laid waste and over the people of Judah when they went into exile, therefore I am going to give you to the people of the East as a possession.'" - Ezekiel 25:1-4

In the first half of the book of Ezekiel, God rebukes His people for their attitudes toward Him. The Lord uses words like stubborn, hard-hearted and rebellious to describe His people. The Lord speaks through Ezekiel and tells the people to understand that their choices come with consequences. If they make good and righteous choices that honor God, they will be blessed. If they make poor and wicked choices that honor themselves, they will be punished. As the story continues, the reader knows what choice the Israelites made because God starts talking about the judgment that is to come upon them.

In Chapters 25-27, God redirects His message and begins proclaiming judgment on the nations that punished the Israelites. God warned His people to turn from their sins and to turn back to Him. They did not heed the warnings and God allowed the other nations to invade Israel (just as He said would happen). But then God judged the nations that came against His people because they did not show respect towards the Lord or towards His people during their captivity. That is amazing.

If you are God's child, He desires that you walk with Him and love Him with your whole heart. If you do not, you will not lose your salvation but you will have to live with the consequences of making bad choices. Those consequences are usually inflicted upon us by other people. But those people will not get off easy in their unjust deeds and prideful attitudes towards you. They, too, will have to suffer the consequences for how they deal with you, God's child. God is always on your side. He wants you to walk with Him and He will go out of His way to warn you. God is amazing. I always want to be on His side for He always gets the last word.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 25 Nov 2015, 10:30 pm

Today’s Reading: Ezekiel 22; 1 Peter 1

Today’s Thoughts: Submitting to God

"Surely not, Lord!" Peter replied. "I have never eaten anything impure or unclean." The voice spoke to him a second time, "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean." - Acts 10:14-15

Do you feel comfortable saying "no" to God? We might not have the ability to admit it but we each say "no" to God in some way. Sometimes we say "no" by choosing to not witness. Sometimes we say "no" by refusing to volunteer. Sometimes we say "no" by ignoring the prompting of our heart. But most of the time we say "no" because we refuse to accept His will for our lives.

In Matthew 16:13, Jesusasked His disciples, "Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?" The disciples answered His question by stating what others think about Him. "But who do you say that I am?" Simon Peter is the only one who answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." Jesus acknowledges to Peter that God, Himself, has revealed this to him. A few passages later, Jesus begins explaining that He will have to suffer. Peter again is the only one who speaks up as he disagrees with God's plan, taking the liberty to rebuke the Lord. Matthew 16:22-23 says, “Then Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke Him, saying, ‘Far be it from You, Lord; this shall not happen to You!’ Jesus turned and said to Peter, ‘Get behind Me, Satan! You are an offense to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men.’” Peter has gone from a place of esteem to a place of rebuke. In Acts 10, we find Peter disagreeing with God again as he says, "Surely not, Lord."

We are flesh and our natural born nature rebels against the Lord at times. God can handle whatever position we take and He wants to reason with us on our position. Talk to Him and be honest. The problem comes when we place our thoughts and desires over God's, to a point of rebuking the Lord. We may not have the boldness to tell Him we think He is wrong, but our actions show the thoughts and intents of our hearts as we choose not to submit or yield or even listen to what He is trying to say. God's ways do not make sense to us and His thoughts are not our thoughts.. Peter was a man who had an honest relationship with God. His rebukes may not seem respectful but he kept himself in a position to keep listening until his will lined up with God's will.

What is the Lord trying to tell you today? Are you going through a set of circumstances that you refuse to acknowledge is God's will for your life? Are you fighting or submitting? Are you willing to listen or are you running? Let us all pray that we are on God's side. When it comes down to it, He is going to win. Don't you want to be on His team?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 24 Nov 2015, 1:17 pm

Today’s Reading: Ezekiel 20; James 5

Today’s Thoughts: Daily Victory in Battles

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds. - 2 Corinthians 10:3-4

To understand the battle, we need to begin with acknowledging that we are in a war. Battles make up smaller components of the bigger picture. By definition, battles involve combat between two persons, between factions, between armies and they consist of any type of "extended contest, struggle, or controversy" (Webster-Merriam).  As Christians, we are in a spiritual battle of some sort on a daily basis. In warfare, battles are fought on different fronts, for different reasons, and with varying degrees of intensity. The same is true in spiritual warfare. Our spiritual battles are real, even though we cannot physically see the attacker. But, we can educate ourselves on how the battles are fought and how they impact our lives on a daily basis.

We have to ask ourselves, "Why do we even want to fight?" It will do us no good to educate ourselves on the battle if we see no reason for the fight. War is very controversial today in the physical realm. Those attitudes, beliefs and convictions will transfer over to the spiritual realm. However, in the spiritual realm, there is a battle going on regardless of our opinion. We are either victors or victims. Jesus has come and conquered. The war is already won in the heavens. Jesus told us in Matthew 28:18 that, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth." We now have the privilege of having an eternal relationship with God. Many of us enter into that covenant of salvation by grace.  But Matthew 28:18 is not only about our salvation; but also it is about our every day victory, which adds up to victorious living in Christ. Every day victory is achieved by knowing, believing and understanding the battles that we are enduring daily, regardless if we are passive or active in the battles. Do you want all that God has for you on this earth right now, or do you want to wait until you get to heaven to receive the victory and blessings?

We can only receive the abundant life by understanding the battles that we are facing every day. We need to pray for spiritual eyes and we need to understand what weapons the Lord has given us to not only fight the battles but to win the war.

Yes, Lord, I want all that You have for me on earth as it is in heaven. Give me spiritual eyes to see the world as You see it and do not let anything stop me from receiving good gifts from You. Educate me to live a victorious life in Christ because of Christ.  In His name I pray, Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 23 Nov 2015, 8:51 pm

Earth's Furies
In the world ye shall have tribulation; but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.  John 16:33

Then you may ask why have you, My children, to have tribulation if I have overcome the world.

My overcoming was never, you know, for Myself, but for you, for My children. Each temptation, each difficulty, I overcame as it presented itself.

The powers of evil were strained to their utmost to devise means to break Me.  They failed, but how they failed was known only to Me, and to My Father, who could read My undaunted spirit.  The world, even My own followers, would see a Lost Cause. Reviled, spat upon, scourged, they would deem Me conquered.  How could they know My Spirit was free, unbroken, unharmed?

And so, as I had come to show man God, I must show him God unconquered, unharmed, untouched by evil and its power. Man could not see My Spirit untouched, risen above these earth furies and hates, into the Secret Place of the Father. But man could see My Risen Body and learn by that, that even the last attempt of man had been powerless to touch Me.

Take heart from that, for you must share My tribulations. If evil is to leave you unchallenged you must be evil.  If evil challenges you, if trials press sore,  it is because you are on My side, and, as My friends, exposed to the hate of evil.

But be of good cheer.  You walk with Me.  I conquered evil at every point, though man could only see it proved beyond all doubt when I rose from the dead. And in My conquering Power you walk unharmed today.

For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, 
that he might destroy the works of the devil. 1 John 3:8

© 2014 Two Listeners
Now to Him who is able to keep you from falling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.   Jude 1:24-25

Today’s Reading: Ezekiel 18; James 4

Today's Thoughts: Resist the Devil

Submit to God, resist the devil and he will flee from you. - James 4:7 

As believers, we face so many obstacles that can take us away from serving the Lord. We have thoughts that control us, wants that consume us and feelings that move us. Because none of us were born understanding God’s ways, our natural inclinations work against living out a Spirit-filled life. Coming to Christ means that we lay aside our natural inclinations and ask the Lord to fill us with His wisdom instead. That process is known as submitting. To submit means to be under obedience. So we take what we want to do, what we feel is right to do and what we think is best and tell the Lord that we want His Will instead. Waiting on God and trusting Him begins.

To resist the devil means that, after we have submitted to God, we go to the Word of God to counteract our thoughts, feelings and wants. The devil is fully aware of who we are and how we think. As a result, he uses our desires to entice us to keep from submitting. We start questioning the love of God and His motivation. We begin to fear and hold on to our thoughts, feelings and wants, instead of trusting and letting go. We have to realize that the devil is alive and well. His desire is to use your fleshly desires against you so that you sin against God.

Jesus resisted the devil by the Word of God. Now, if the Living Word, Jesus, needed to speak forth the written Word, the Bible, to resist the devil and have him flee, how much more do we need to submit to God in this pattern also? Trust Him; in faith speak forth and pray the Word of God. Believe Him, submit to Him and the devil will flee from you. It is a promise–God’s promise!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 22 Nov 2015, 10:42 pm

Daily Disciples

Today’s Reading: Ezekiel 16; James 3

Today’s Thoughts: The Roman Road                               

“Do not fear, nor be afraid; Have I not told you from that time, and declared it? You are My witnesses. Is there a God besides Me? Indeed there is no other Rock; I know not one." - Isaiah 44:8

Christians seem to have a lot of difficulty witnessing to unbelievers. It is easier to talk about the church we attend than to talk about Christ. The most common excuse that I have heard from Christians is that they do not know enough Scripture verses. This misconception is a lie from hell itself. From personal experience, I have not led anyone to Christ because of my Scripture knowledge, but I have led many to Christ because of my passion.  Sharing the gospel is a verbal expression of your heart. If I am absolutely convinced that Jesus Christ is real and has changed my life, I will reflect that in my words and it will be evident in my actions. No one can challenge my own personal experience and testimony because it is mine. People hear with their eyes but no one comes to faith in Jesus Christ without hearing about Him. The Holy Spirit only needs a willing heart and an open mouth. His words will not return void because witnessing pleases the Lord and witnessing is God's will for our lives. Just say it.

However, with that being said, there are four scripture verses in the Book of Romans that have been very helpful to me while witnessing. These verses have been called the "Romans Road" implying that All Roads lead to Rome! And the "Romans Road" leads to God. These are great verses to become familiar with and to memorize:

Romans 3:23 "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God"

Romans 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Romans 10:9-10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

Oh Lord, give me an opportunity to share Your love with someone today. Open the doors for me to witness and give me the boldness to open my mouth to share about You

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 21 Nov 2015, 11:23 pm

Daily Disciples

Today’s Reading: Ezekiel 14; James 2

Today’s Thoughts: Who Do You Say That I Am?

And it happened, as He was alone praying, that His disciples joined Him, and He asked them, saying, "Who do the crowds say that I am?" So they answered and said, "John the Baptist, but some say Elijah; and others say that one of the old prophets has risen again." He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" Peter answered and said, "The Christ of God." - Luke 9:18-20

"But who do you say that I am?" As many people began to discuss and debate who Jesus really was, Jesus asked His disciples this question. Did the people closest to Jesus even know or believe in Him? Peter's answer was correct. Jesus was, and is, the Christ, the Son of God. Jesus is the Messiah, the One who came to earth to redeem us from sin and save us from eternal darkness. But even though Peter confesses rather boldly in this statement who he believes Jesus to be, not too long after this, Peter would also deny Jesus three times (Luke 22:54-62). In Jesus' greatest time of need, His closest friends deserted Him. So it is not just in words that we need to know and confess who Jesus is, but also our actions testify of our belief in Him. Do your actions line up with your words?

Today, take time and pray for situations that you may encounter with others who have questions about your faith. Pray for strength and courage to speak up and stand up for Jesus. Pray that you can be His witness. Only the Holy Spirit reveals the truth of Jesus Christ to our hearts. Pray for the Holy Spirit to reveal Jesus to those you love and to use you as a testimony as to His saving grace and mercy. Pray that your words and actions will line up with His Spirit.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next