» HAMAS: Kill Every Jew Destroy Israel.
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 38 EmptyYesterday at 11:43 am by Admin

» Boris Johnson wins race to become UK’s next prime minister
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 38 EmptyYesterday at 11:26 am by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 38 EmptyYesterday at 11:11 am by Admin

» WAR DRUMS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 38 EmptyYesterday at 10:34 am by Admin

» BIRTH PANGS – Series of Powerful Earthquakes Volcano's Strike Around the Globe
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 38 EmptyYesterday at 10:33 am by Admin

» servant @ TWO LISTENERS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 38 EmptyYesterday at 10:27 am by Admin

» Daily Disciples
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 38 EmptyYesterday at 10:26 am by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 38 EmptyYesterday at 10:24 am by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 38 Empty Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman

Post  Admin on Fri 15 May 2009, 12:58 pm

Date: May 14, 2009 9:16 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Sympathy

Sympathy

Scripture Focus: Luke 7:11-17
"A dead person was being carried out the only son of his mother, and she was a widow. . . . When the Lord saw her, his heart went out to her and he said, Don't cry’" (Luke 7:12-13).

Someone has said, "People will not care what you know until they know that you care." Talk is cheap. It is easier to tell people we care than it is to show that we do.

Jesus often demonstrated His concern for people. One day He watched a dead man being carried out of the city for burial. When He saw the man’s mother and observed her grief, He immediately felt compassion for her. Going beyond His feelings, He acted He brought the son back to life.

We don't have His power to raise the dead, but we do have the ability to sympathize genuinely with individuals and act to help them in their grief or suffering. There are many ways to demonstrate sympathy beyond saying vaguely, "I care," and "Call me if you need anything." We can:

* spend time with the person

* offer to run errands or clean house

* take meals to her or take her out to eat

* send a card of encouragement

What can you add to this list?

Insight: Whom do you know who needs sympathy in action? How will you show yours today?
--
Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman
- Going to church doesn't make you a Christian...
...any more than standing in your garage makes you a car. -
The Only Thing Necessary For Evil to Triumph is for Good Men to do Nothing.
Admin
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 14 May 2009, 10:29 pm

Meeting Needs

Scripture Focus: John 5:1-16
"Do not withhold good from those who deserve it, when it is in your power to act" (Proverbs 3:27-28).

A few years ago my friend Andy was in a major car accident. A driver ran a red light and smashed into the company car as he drove through the intersection. During the impact, he hit his head hard on the door window and sat in shock for a few minutes.

Bob, another friend who was riding with him, was not injured and took charge of the situation. Since he was unable to decide whether or not to get into the ambulance, Bob insisted Andy go. He reported what happened to the police officer, and called the auto club to tow the car. Then I met them at the hospital.

Andy had a lot of needs I was unable to take care of. I was thankful my friend attended to those needs.

Jesus related to people in much the same way. When He saw a need, He helped. Today's passage records that Jesus noticed one particular sick man lying by the pool and asked him if he wanted to be well. Jesus went to the heart of his need and met it.

We can do the same today as we relate to people. What needs do your friends, relatives, and acquaintances have that you can help meet?

Insight: Choose one need you are aware of, and decide how you will meet it. Then follow through as soon as possible.
--

Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 11 May 2009, 10:33 am

Date: May 10, 2009 10:01 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Compassion
Compassion

Scripture Focus: Mark 1:40-45
"Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble" (1 Peter 3:8).

Leprosy! The word pierced with arrows of fear. It built walls of isolation and death. In Bible times, lepers were considered ceremonially unclean and were socially ostracized. God gave detailed instructions in the Law for detecting the disease and excluding the diseased one.

Though lepers were isolated from the rest of the population, one boldly approached Jesus. Instead of shrinking from the man and refusing to have anything to do with him, Jesus touched him.

This one act of compassion spoke volumes to the diseased man. But Jesus even went beyond touching to honoring the man's request for healing.

We may never have contact with people who are isolated from society, but there are people nearby who can use compassion. Sometimes just a hug or a phone call or an email is what is needed. Other situations may require more extensive help or finding someone else who can meet that need.

In order to build bridges, we must be aware of needs and do what we can to meet them.
Insight: To whom can you demonstrate Jesus' compassion today? How will you do it?
--
Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman
...any more than standing in your garage makes you a car. -The Only Thing Necessary For Evil to Triumph is for Good Men to do Nothing.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 10 May 2009, 8:40 pm

We at Restoration Ministry want to wish every Mom a very Happy Mothers day. May God's Blessings be upon you and your families.
--

Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman

Restoration Ministry
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 09 May 2009, 6:46 pm

Topic: Christian Worker Studies Program

Restoration Ministry School of Spiral Growth now has 85 studies.
The first 25 are Basic Studies, 26-85 are Advanced Studies.

If interested you may request a curricula breakdown of each study and I will send it to you,
it is in a PDF format.Which requires Adobe PDF reader.

If You are interested in enrolling into the School, which will be free of charge, please email me direct at
restoration@embarqmail.com and request enrollment.

Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 08 May 2009, 9:30 am

Date: May 6, 2009 9:46 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Lack of Prejudice
Lack of Prejudice

Scripture Focus: John 4:1-42
"If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, 'Love your neighbor as yourself', you are doing right. But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers" (James 2:8-9).

The kids next door are loud and often cut across the lawn of a senior citizen.

A church member ignores the new members because they have asked for several changes.

Some married couples won't associate with singles.

Discrimination wears many hats.

In Jesus’ time one form of prejudice was a lack of dealings between Jews and Samaritans, their half-breed countrymen. But Jesus crossed racial, moral, and social boundaries when He went through Samaria to talk with a woman at the well.

Though she would have been ignored by a Jewish man because she was a Samaritan, a woman, and a prostitute, Jesus reached out to her. He initiated the conversation, keeping it on her interest level and pointing out her sin without condemning her. As a result, she believed in Him as Messiah-Savior and told many others who also believed.

Opportunities for building relationships are all around us if we, like Jesus, refuse to let prejudices of any kind block the way.
Insight: What kinds of people do you look down on or refuse to associate with? Are you willing to confess your prejudices as sin and forsake them?
--
Date: May 7, 2009 9:40 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Helping
Helping

Scripture Focus: John 4:46-54"Let us not become weary in doing good. . . . Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers" (Galatians 6:9-10).

Ron is one of the most helpful people at his church. When someone asks him to help on moving day, he is always willing to do so if he doesn't have to work or has not scheduled another activity. When the trustees ask him to help on a work night, they know he will show up.

When a widow asks Ron to do a few maintenance jobs around her house, he sets a date. When the pastor asks him to provide a ride to church for a visitor, he faithfully does so.

Ron is following the example Jesus set in today's passage. When the nobleman's son was at the point of death, the man traveled about 16 miles to see Jesus and ask Him to help his son, fully believing He would do so. Jesus took the nobleman seriously. He honored the man's faith and healed the desperately sick boy from a distance.

We cannot heal people as Jesus did when He was here on earth, but there are many ways we can help others in His name if we are willing to take the time when He gives us opportunity to do so.
Insight: What resources do you have for helping other people? (Don't think of any of them as insignificant!) Whom can you help today? In what specific ways?
--

Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman
...any more than standing in your garage makes you a car. -The Only Thing Necessary For Evil to Triumph is for Good Men to do Nothing.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 06 May 2009, 6:11 pm

Topic: +DEV+ Directness
Directness

Scripture Focus: John 3:1-21
"God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16).

In conversation with another have you ever felt that you were talking about two different subjects, even though you weren't?

On the surface, Nicodemus’ dialogue with Jesus appears that way. Nicodemus came trying to figure out who Jesus is, but Jesus ignored the question and went directly to the heart of his problem.

Jesus helped him grapple with his unspoken need of being born again, of putting his faith in Jesus plus nothing. He focused directly on Nicodemus’ need without talking down to him. Jesus treated him as the intellectual he was, expecting him to understand and respond to the truth.

Sometimes we too need to be direct in our relationships others. It's easy to ignore their needs especially their spiritual needs and talk about everything else. But if we really want to introduce them to Jesus the only way to God we must confront them directly and in a loving manner which shows we care about them as individuals and we want to help them know the God we love.
Insight: Think of one person with whom you have built a relationship but have never talked with directly about Christ. How will you do so today?
--

Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 05 May 2009, 3:04 pm

Date: May 5, 2009 1:21 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Building Bridges
Building Bridges

Scripture Focus: Philippians 2:1-11
"In humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others" (Philippians 2:3-4).

One of my favorite comic strips was Peanuts. In one of the cartoons, Linus, that character with the security blanket, loudly declares, "I love mankind. It's people I can't stand!"

His statement often characterizes our struggles with relationships. It's easy to say we love people but much harder to demonstrate that assertion.

As we try to cope with the people in our lives, we have a powerful example to follow Jesus Christ. He did not think only of Himself or withdraw from people. Instead, He reached out in a variety of ways to build bridges with people, even to the point of leaving heaven, taking on the limitations of man, and dying for us.

How Jesus interacted with people is a fascinating investigation and the subject of this month's meditations. As we examine how Jesus responded to different people, we can learn how to improve our own interpersonal relationships.

Are you ready for an adventure in bridge building?
Insight: Ask Jesus to help you imitate Him by putting other people before yourself, by genuinely caring for them and seeking to meet their needs.
--
Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 04 May 2009, 12:26 pm

Date: May 3, 2009 10:07 PM
Topic: +DEV+ God's Promise, My Hope
God's Promise, My Hope

Scripture Focus: Psalm 119:49-56
"Remember your word to your servant, for you have given me hope. My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life" (Psalm 119:49-50).

How many times have you come to God with one of His promises and held Him to it? I have over and over.

When our job crashed, I cried out to God, and He delivered us. When I broke my back, He gave me a promise that even this would be a blessing in my life.

One day I sat on the stone bench by a little stream tumbling down the hill at the spring of a little creek. I prayed, "Lord, I have this problem and pain in my life. Use it for Your glory."

The very next day at the house, a man came in early to our Bible study. He was totally distraught. His wife was dying and she was not allowed to be there with the rest of her family. I listened, remembering times when God had met my need as I called on Him in times of complete desperation, then prayed with him.

God is amazing in the way He uses the pain in our lives. Remembering His promises, He comforts us so we may comfort others.
Insight: God's promises are our hope and comfort in the trials of life. Hold Him to them. "Lord, remember what You have said to me."
--
Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 02 May 2009, 10:31 pm

I just set up a "Blog" for all my devotionals, located at :
http://mike-inman.blogspot.com/
--

Michael D. Inman
- The Only Thing Necessary For Evil to Triumph is for Good Men to do Nothing -- Edmund Burke...
... OK boys, they have us surrounded. Don't let any of them get away!!!
... I bitterly cling to my Bible & Guns! -
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 01 May 2009, 2:14 pm

Date: April 29, 2009 9:48 PM
Topic: +DEV+ God Remembered
God Remembered

Scripture Focus: Exodus 2:23-3:10
"God heard their groaning and he remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac and with Jacob. So God looked on the Israelites and was concerned about them" (Exodus 2:24-25).

The Children of Israel were groaning and crying out to God in their slavery in Egypt, and their cries came up to God before His throne. As He saw their misery and heard their cry, He began to move to rescue them from slavery.

He remembered promises He had made to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob that He would make of them a great nation and give them a land of promise.

Do you feel that God has forgotten you? That He is not listening to your desperate pleas? That He is doing nothing to change your circumstances?

My wife and I went through a season of crying out to God when He appeared to be doing nothing for us. Then suddenly our prayers were answered all at once. God had been working silently behind the scenes all the time.

He remembers His promises to His children and He is faithful to keep them. Cling to what God has said in His Word. He will come through for you. He is always at work, silently preparing for the miracle you need.
Insight: Even if the answers are slow in coming, you can be sure God will keep His promises to you. He is at work behind the scenes.
--
Date: May 1, 2009 12:11 AM
Topic: +DEV+ A Book of Remembrance
A Book of Remembrance

Scripture Focus: Malachi 3:16-18
"Those who feared the Lord talked with each other, and the Lord listened and heard. A scroll of remembrance was written in his presence" (Malachi 3:16).

Did you know there are books in heaven? Did you know your name is written in the book of life if you are God's child?

Malachi speaks of a book of remembrance being written. Many Israelites in his day had chosen not to follow God, but some still loved and faithfully worshiped Him. They feared God and encouraged one another. God listened to their conversations and wrote down their names. He knows those who put Him first, and they are precious to Him. Not one of them will be left out of His book of remembrance.

God remembers His own, and He will complete the work He has begun in us. He rejoices over us, singing a love song in our ears. He will get all of His own safely to Heaven. We may not be considered of worth by the world around us, but Jesus promises that not one believer will be lost or forgotten. In fact, some day Jesus will present each of us before His Father's throne with great joy, trophies of His grace. What a day that will be!
Insight: You are so special to God that He writes your name in His book of remembrance. He will not forget you.
--

Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman

Restoration Ministry
http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Restoration_Ministry/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 29 Apr 2009, 11:39 am

Date: April 28, 2009 11:25 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Forget the Past
Forget the Past

Scripture Focus: Isaiah 43:14-19
"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland" (Isaiah 43:18-19).

God often tells us to remember. Remember how He has been faithful in the past. Remember past miracles, victories and rescues, words of encouragement.

And there are things we need to forget. Forget past mistakes that we have asked God to forgive. Learn from them and move on, letting God redeem them and bring good out of them.

God is getting ready to do a new thing in your life. Have you just been through divorce? There is life after divorce. Have you lost your mate of many years? There are new, exciting experiences for you as you go on alone. Have you lost a job of many years? God still has a plan for your future and will open new doors. Have you lost a close friendship because of a misunderstanding or a cruel betrayal? Trust God to bring about reconciliation.

When life does not go as you planned, look for God's plan. He is in the process of doing new things in new ways. Get your eyes off the past and focus on the good future that lies ahead.
Insight: What gets your attention gets you. Let it be God's love and His faithfulness, not your failures.
--
Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 28 Apr 2009, 10:23 am

Date: April 27, 2009 10:26 PM
Topic: +DEV+ "In Remembrance of Me"
"In Remembrance of Me"

Scripture Focus: Luke 22:7-22
"He took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me’" (Luke 22:19).

God gave Israel a remembrance feast, the Passover. They were to remember their deliverance out of Egyptian slavery. The little lamb that was sacrificed became a picture of a future deliverance from the slavery of sin.

Hundreds of years later Jesus gave us a remembrance feast "the Lord's Supper". We are to remember how Jesus gave His blood and body to rescue us from the slavery of sin. Jesus said, "Every time you eat the bread and drink the wine, remember what I have done for you."

We can almost hear Him say, "Remember how much I love you, enough to lay down my life for you. Remember how merciful I am, not treating you as you deserve. Remember how much grace I give you, not requiring payment of your great debt. Remember how receiving Me as your Savior and Lord gives you eternal life. Remember the work I have begun in your life. I will finish it. Remember that some day I will present you before God's throne with great joy, a trophy of My grace."
Insight: God gave us ways to remember all He has done for us. Remember and give thanks.
--
Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 27 Apr 2009, 10:48 am

Date: April 26, 2009 10:24 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Remembering Jesus’ Words
Remembering Jesus' Words

Scripture Focus: Luke 24:13-35
"The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, be crucified and on the third day be raised again. Then they remembered his words" (Luke 24:7-8).

Jesus prepared His disciples for His death. He told them what was going to happen, but they did not grasp the significance of the events to come.

After His resurrection, He walked with two disciples from Jerusalem to Emmaus. As they traveled together, He explained the recent events in Jerusalem from Old Testament teaching.

When they arrived at their destination they asked Jesus to stay with them. As He gave thanks for the bread, they suddenly recognized Him. After He disappeared from their sight, the light dawned and they remembered clearly what He had taught them. It all began to make sense.

Have you ever gone through a crisis and simply could not understand what God was doing in your life? You felt as if you had blinders on. Then once on the other side of the event you could look back and see some of what God accomplished through it.

God does not always give us good hindsight, but sometimes we see God's hand in it all in a remarkable way.
Insight: We live by promises, not explanations. Remember the promises 'cling to them' when you cannot understand what God is doing in your life.
--
Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 24 Apr 2009, 10:48 am

Date: April 23, 2009 9:37 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Jesus Remembers
Jesus Remembers

Scripture Focus: Luke 23:35-43
"Then he said, Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.’ Jesus answered, I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise." (Luke 23:42-43).

A dying thief hung beside Jesus on a cross. I doubt he had ever heard Jesus teach on the Resurrection, yet he believed Jesus was someone special. That took faith. In his desperation he requested, "Remember me." Jesus rewarded his faith with a promise He kept that very day.

God remembered a thief dying on a cross. And He remembers you and me, no matter where we are or how difficult our circumstances. He remembers His promises to us and keeps them.

You may be in a prison. You may be in a difficult marriage. Perhaps you've been out of work for months. An unresolved family conflict may be eating your heart out. You may be desperately trying to get justice after being cheated financially. Perhaps you have recently lost a loved one to death and you see no end to your grief.

God knows who needs encouragement or a word of comfort. He speaks to our heart just the word we need to hear, reminds us of just the promise we need to cling to. He will never forget us.
Insight: God does not forget His children or His promises to them. He knows their pain and hears their cries. He has the power to help them in time of need.
--

Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 23 Apr 2009, 8:34 pm

Date: April 22, 2009 10:02 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Words to Be Remembered
Words to Be Remembered

Scripture Focus: Matthew 26:69-75"Immediately a rooster crowed. Then Peter remembered the word Jesus had spoken: Before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times.’ And he went out and wept bitterly" (Matthew 26:74-75).
Jesus has warned Peter that his prideful boast was going to become his biggest failure. And when it came down to standing up for Christ or denying Him, Peter failed miserably. After the Resurrection, Jesus would totally restore Peter and commission him to feed His sheep.

Scripture is full of warnings. We need to remember them or like Peter, we too will fall. To fail is not fatal. God will give one test after another until we pass. He is the God of "second chances" even third and fourth ones.

God also gives special words of encouragement. For example, when my back pain was diagnosed as a ruptured disk, The words came to mind of an old hymn, "The clouds you so much dread will break with blessing on your head." I clung to those words through out my surgery and even now when I have major bouts with pain.

Has God impressed on you a warning from His Word or a word of encouragement? Remember His words often. They will keep you and guide you through all the days.
Insight: Remember that God has a special mercy for each hour, a warning to keep us from harm or a word of comfort or encouragement for every trial.
--
Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 22 Apr 2009, 8:40 am

Date: April 21, 2009 10:46 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Remembering at Death's Door
Remembering at Death's Door

Scripture Focus: Jonah 2
"When my life was ebbing away, I remembered you, Lord, and my prayer rose to you to your holy temple" (Jonah 2:7).
God had given Jonah marching orders. "Go to Nineveh and preach for me there." The wicked city of Nineveh? That was the last place Jonah wanted to visit, so he took a ship in the opposite direction.

When God sent a violent storm and their lives were in peril, Jonah admitted to the sailors that he was the cause of their trouble. "Throw me into the sea," he said, "and the storm will be over."

God saved Jonah from drowning by preparing alternate transportation in the belly of a great fish. Inside that great fish, Jonah remembered to pray, and God heard him. Soon the fish spit him out on dry land. God was giving Jonah a second chance. The once-reluctant prophet obeyed, went to Nineveh, and was effective in leading that great city to repentance.

Do we wait to pray God until we are in desperate circumstances? Or do we turn to Him at the first sign of trouble? Is prayer a last resort or a first step when storms come? Let's learn from our mistakes. God waits to turn our trouble into blessing.
Insight: God speaks to us when He allows storms in our lives. When we turn to Him in our trouble, He rescues us.
--
Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 21 Apr 2009, 5:57 pm

Date: April 21, 2009 12:22 AM
Topic: +DEV+ A Vow to be Remembered
A Vow to be Remembered

Scripture Focus: 1 Samuel 1:1-19
"If you will only look upon your servant's misery and remember me, and not forget your servant but give her a son, then I will give him to the Lord for all the days of his life" (1 Samuel 1:11).

Hannah was the beloved wife, but she was barren. She longed to hold a child she could not conceive.

On their annual trip to Shiloh to worship and sacrifice to the Lord, her husband gave each in his family portions of meat, but to Hannah he gave a double amount because of his tender love for her.

The other wife taunted Hannah constantly because she was childless. Finally Hannah could stand it no longer. She went to the door of the tabernacle and poured out her grief and pain before the Lord. She promised that if He would give her a son, she would give him back to the Lord to serve Him all his life.

God heard Hannah's plea. When that son was born and was weaned, Hannah kept her promise and gave him to God.

Have you ever poured out your heart to God, as Hannah did? "Remember me? Lord, You see my situation and my need. I'm getting desperate down here." God has not forgotten you and His answer could be just around the corner.
Insight: God hears the desperate cries of your heart. He remembers you and is working for your good even in the waiting periods.
--

Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 20 Apr 2009, 11:14 am

Date: April 20, 2009 12:08 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Stones of Remembrance
Stones of Remembrance

Scripture Focus: Joshua 4:1-7
"When your children ask you, What do these stones mean?’ tell them. . . . These stones are to be a memorial to the people of Israel forever." (Joshua 4:6-7).

The Israelites faced a daunting challenge. Ready to enter the Promised Land, they had fears of what lay before them. First they needed to cross the Jordan River. As they approached, God held back the water and made a dry way for them all to cross.

Joshua instructed twelve men to each pick up a stone from the dry riverbed. They piled these stones on the other bank. Every time an Israelite saw that pile of stones, he remembered how God had stopped the waters of the Jordan. God provided stones of remembrance so parents could tell their children of His presence in their lives.

Do you have stones of remembrance? Instead of real stones, we may keep a journal, or marks on a calendar, or notes in our Bible. These reminders mark a time of special rescue or deliverance, such as a day when God met a special need, He gave a word of encouragement or revealed a truth to your heart just when needed. Go back and remember. Thank God for His hand in your life and pass these testimonies on to your children.
Insight: When we remember God's faithfulness in the past it greatly encouraged us to look to Him to day to meet our needs.
--
Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 18 Apr 2009, 11:31 am

Date: April 17, 2009 9:15 PM
Topic: +DEV+ A Reminder in the Sky
A Reminder in the Sky

Scripture Focus: Genesis 9:1-17
"Whenever I bring clouds over the earth, and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind" (Genesis 9:14-15).

Whenever I see a rainbow, I think of God and His promise. But God didn't put the rainbow in the sky only for us to enjoy but to remind Himself of His covenant. Does God need a reminder? Hardly! Yet somewhere in the world there is a rainbow every day. God's promises are the solid rock on which our faith stands.

How do we get through those stormy periods of darkness when we can't feel His presence? We rest on His everlasting arms that are underneath us. We can never fall out of them. We can echo the psalmist's cry, "Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my savior and my God" (Psalm 42:11).

We can make the commitment to place our hands in the hand of Jesus and together tread each step into the future. He will hold us up when we stumble in the darkness and give us hope as we anticipate the rainbow that will soon appear. He will always be faithful to His promise.
Insight: When the storm passes, God will place a rainbow of promise in your life. You can count on it.
--

Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman
...any more than standing in your garage makes you a car. -The Only Thing Necessary For Evil to Triumph is for Good Men to do Nothing
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 17 Apr 2009, 8:45 am

Date: April 16, 2009 9:56 PM
Topic: +DEV+ The Test of Prosperity
The Test of Prosperity

Scripture Focus: Deuteronomy 6:1-12
"When the Lord your God brings you into the land . . . then when you eat and are satisfied, be careful that you do not forget the Lord who brought you out of Egypt" (Deuteronomy 6:10-12).

When we go through trials and difficulties, we stay close to the Lord because we need Him so desperately.

But when things are going well, we tend to get careless in our prosperity. We tend to put God on the back burner and slack off on prayer and study of the Word.

Moses warned Israel, "When you come into the land and settle down in that new home, when your herds multiply and you have a bumper crop, don’t forget who gave it all to you."

The test of prosperity is much harder than the test of adversity. When we are desperate, we seek God, knowing we have nowhere else to go. But when things are going well, we tend to forget Him, assuming we can manage everything on our own.

When I received my inheritance, my greatest fear was that I would do something foolish and not be wise with this money. God has guided me through each decision and even my sons said, "You did good, Mom," when I made my car purchase.
Insight: The harder test is prosperity, for we tend to forget God. Adversity forces us to seek God and acknowledge our complete dependence on Him.
--

Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 16 Apr 2009, 1:23 pm

Date: April 15, 2009 10:24 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Remember Jesus’ Promise
Remember Jesus’ Promise

Scripture Focus: Acts 20:32-38
"In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words of Lord Jesus himself said: It is more blessed to give than to receive’" (Acts 20:35).

God has a giving heart. Out of His great love and goodness He gives generously to His children. He pours out His blessings day after day and fills our cup of joy to overflowing. As His children, He encourages us to be giving, to have a heart of compassion for those in need.

"Give and it shall be given you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" (Luke 6:38).
Follow this promise and God will bless you. As you give in faith, you will discover God has a bigger shovel. We simply cannot outgive Him. He always remembers His promise and is amazingly creative in the ways He gives back to us.

I've tested and proven this promise over and over and can report amazing experiences of God's blessing to both the receiver and the giver. As we draw close to God, He opens our hearts to see needs. So don't forget to give even out of your need. No one is too poor to give something.
Insight: God has a special place in His heart for the poor and needy, broken and wounded. So should we, His children.
--
Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 15 Apr 2009, 10:30 am

Remembering to Pray

Scripture Focus: 2 Timothy 1:3-14
"I thank God, whom I serve . . . as night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers. Recalling your tears, I long to see you, so that I may be filled with joy" (2 Timothy l:3-4).

Paul was closely attached to Timothy, his son in the faith. He prayed for him day and night. He remembered how they had parted in tears and he longed to embrace him again in joy.

I hate good-byes. I love arrivals because they bring joy. With family scattered across the country, those arrivals are too few.

I pray for my loved ones every day, but when someone I love is in crisis, I know what it is to pray day and night. My heart gets so burdened that I intercede for that one constantly.

I'm thankful for all the prayer that went up for our family when we went through Dad's homegoing. We were remembered before the throne constantly, and God sustained us, pouring out His incredible mercy on us and surrounding us with His loving-kindness.
Insight: Let's remember to pray for others. It's a great privilege to enter God's presence and intercede for them. Our prayers may be the very thing that God will use to see them through their crisis.
--
Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman

Restoration Ministry
http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Restoration_Ministry/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 14 Apr 2009, 5:59 pm

Date: April 13, 2009 9:58 PM
Topic: +DEV+ When We Need Reminders
When We Need Reminders

Scripture Focus: John 14:15-31
"The Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you" (John 14:26).

Everything we read or hear falls down into our subconscious. That's why it is so important to store God's Word there. It builds an effective buffer zone between our conscious and subconscious minds and gives the Holy Spirit something to work with when we are in trouble. He can bring back to our conscious mind just the word of encouragement we need at the moment.

God gave us the Holy Spirit to remind us of truth we need to live by, to counsel and comfort us, to open our eyes to new truth from His Word. He is Teacher, Comforter, Counselor, Friend, and Helper to us.

We often need reminders from the Holy Spirit in times of family disagreements, when we are being treated unfairly at work, or are under pressure to make a decision and need guidance. Our needs go on and on. At such times the Holy Spirit will be faithful to remind us of Scripture we have treasured or will lead us to discover new truths in the Word to meet our need.
Insight: When Jesus left this earth, He sent the Holy Spirit in His place to be everything we need to live for Him.
--
Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 13 Apr 2009, 10:45 am

Date: April 12, 2009 9:21 PM
Topic: +DEV+ God Never Forgets
First I want to thank everyone who kept me in their prayers, I am feeling better, not fully back in the saddle, but a lot better... On to the devotionals

God Never Forgets

Scripture Focus: Isaiah 49:14-21
"Can a mother forget the baby at her breast? . . . Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands" (Isaiah 49:15-16).

We may forget a birthday, an appointment, or fail to remember a face, but God can never forget you and me.

Have you seen someone write a date or phone number on their hand so they won't forget something important? Well, God is saying, "I have written you on the palms of my hands. Your name and image are always before Me. I won’t forget you. My thoughts are ever toward you."

"Then why is God silent?" you ask. "Why have all these things happened to me? Where is His protection?"

God gives us promises, not explanations. Don't lose your faith when the storms of life come. Cling to His promises. In desperate times count on His everlasting love for you. Begin to thank God for who He is and what He did in Bible times. Remember that He cannot change. He is still rescuing His children in time of trouble. He invites you, "Call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver you, and you will honor me" (Psalm 50:15).
Insight: God has written our names in blood on His own so Son's hands. He simply cannot forget us after paying such a price.
--
Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman

Last edited by Admin on Mon 13 Apr 2009, 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add personal message from Michael)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next