Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 1 Bot

Admin

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 115 on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 3:20 pm
Latest topics
» Delrifkah: HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY.
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 39 EmptyToday at 11:35 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 39 EmptyToday at 11:33 pm by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 39 EmptyToday at 11:31 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 39 EmptyToday at 11:30 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 39 EmptyToday at 11:13 pm by Admin

» MISC NEWS AROUND THE WORLD
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 39 EmptyToday at 11:03 pm by Admin

» STABBINGS - MURDERS - HATE CRIMES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 39 EmptyToday at 9:22 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 39 EmptyToday at 8:36 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL VIDEO'S VARIOUS COVERAGES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 39 EmptyToday at 8:27 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 39 EmptyToday at 5:20 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 39 EmptyToday at 5:18 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 39 EmptyToday at 5:12 pm by Admin

» AISH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 39 EmptyToday at 4:50 pm by Admin

» servant @ TWO LISTENERS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 39 EmptyToday at 4:00 pm by Admin

» Bill & Hillary Clinton
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 39 EmptyYesterday at 11:38 pm by Admin

» Jeremy Corbyn Anti- Israel friend of Terrorists
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 39 EmptyYesterday at 11:36 pm by Admin

» Nolte: 11 Facts that Have Already Unraveled the Ukraine Hoax
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 39 EmptyYesterday at 11:14 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 39 EmptyYesterday at 11:12 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 39 EmptyYesterday at 11:10 pm by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 39 EmptyYesterday at 11:08 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 39 Empty Message from Michael

Post  Admin on Thu 09 Apr 2009, 2:58 pm

I am sorry I haven't sent Devotionals;
I have been sick since Friday afternoon and am having trouble writing. Some kind of Flu bug, please keep me in your prayers.. Will resume Devotions when I get better.
--
Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman
- Going to church doesn't make you a Christian...
...any more than standing in your garage makes you a car. -
The Only Thing Necessary For Evil to Triumph is for Good Men to do Nothing.

Restoration Ministry
http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Restoration_Ministry/
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 39 Empty Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman

Post  Admin on Tue 07 Apr 2009, 2:55 pm

Date: April 5, 2009 9:14 PM
Topic: +DEV+ God Remembers the Humble
God Remembers the Humble

Scripture Focus: Psalm 9"Declare among the people his doings. When he maketh inquisition for blood, he remembereth them: he forgetteth not the cry of the humble"(Psalm 9:11-12).

When we realize how poor and needy we are and call on God, He hears and remembers us. We are helped when we also remember:

Remember how He heard the cry of the Hebrew slaves in Egypt moved to rescue them.
Remember when the Israelites cried out under the oppression of the Midianites. He raised up a deliverer in Gideon.
Remember too in Jehoshaphat's reign when the coalition of armies came against Judah. God heard their cries and told them what to do. Their praises brought victory as God destroyed their enemies.

Remember that God heard the prayer of Daniel in a den of lions and shut the lions’ mouths.
Remember that God heard Paul and Silas singing at midnight and He opened the prison doors.

God does not forget the prayers of His humble servants. He hears, rescues, and delivers them.

Remembering leads us to believe God's promise to hear us when we call out to Him in humility and honesty, pouring out our hearts to Him.
Insight: "God lives in a high and holy place, but also with him.

Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman
...any more than standing in your garage makes you a car. -The Only Thing Necessary For Evil to Triumph is for Good Men to do Nothing.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 04 Apr 2009, 3:19 pm

Date: April 2, 2009 12:21 AM
Topic: +DEV+ A Forgotten Promise
A Forgotten Promise

Scripture Focus: Genesis 40; 41:1-9
"The chief cupbearer, however, did not remember Joseph; he forgot him. . . . Then the chief cupbearer said to Pharaoh, Today I am reminded of my shortcomings’" (Genesis 40:23; 41:9).

If anyone ever felt forgotten, it must have been Joseph. He was torn from his family as a young man, sold into slavery, accused of a crime he did not commit, and thrown into prison.

While in prison he interpreted the dreams of Pharaoh's butler and baker. He asked the butler, when he was restored to favor, to speak to Pharaoh on his behalf, but the butler promptly forgot him. Two more years would go by. Then Pharaoh had a dream, and the butler remembered Joseph. The interpretation of that dream would catapult Joseph into leadership in Egypt.

When someone asks us to pray for them, do we glibly respond, "Yes," and then promptly forget our promise? Or do we faithfully pray for that need and rejoice with them in God's answers?

Too easily we make promises and forget them. Like the butler, we get busy and go on with life, forgetting those we need to remember. God has a rich ministry for us as we learn to remember the promises we have made.
Insight: God never forgot Joseph and He will never forget you. His purposes and plans for you are right on time.
--
Date: April 2, 2009 10:33 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Forgetting What Is Behind
Forgetting What Is Behind

Scripture Focus: Philippians 3:12-21
"Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 3:13-14).

Some things we need to remember and other things we need to forget.

For example, remember God's commands and obey Him. Remember to praise and thank Him every day. Remember to reach out to help others. Remember to listen to God and do what pleases Him.

But we need to forget past mistakes and failures. We can learn from them but put them behind us as we move on. Past mistakes need not cripple our future. We can let God redeem them, bring good out of them, and shape us into the image of Christ.

As we stood at my wife's dads graveside, a friend challenged us to move on into the future, saying, "There's still work for you to do."
At first I could not go back to writing or church. I just didn't have the heart. A few months later I returned to continue the writing and going to church. The door was wide open, and the church were glad to have us back. The small group on the Internet which was 20 in number has now grown to over 63,000.
Insight: There is a time to put the past behind us and by faith move toward our future with God.
--

Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman
...any more than standing in your garage makes you a car. -The Only Thing Necessary For Evil to Triumph is for Good Men to do Nothing.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 01 Apr 2009, 10:59 am

Date: March 31, 2009 9:44 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Why the Tassels?
Why the Tassels?

Scripture Focus: Numbers 15:37-41
"You will have these tassels to look at and so you will remember all the commands of the Lord, that you may obey them" (Numbers 15:39).

God gave Israel many ways to be reminded of His commands so that they would obey them. One way was to use blue thread in the tassels on their clothes. Every time they looked at their robe they would be reminded to obey God.
They also put Scriptures in little boxes and put them on the doorframes of their houses. God instructed Moses to put His truth in a song and teach it to Israel. Words in music tend to stay with us and are easily brought back to our minds.

We can do the same thing today. We can put Scripture reminders on our walls, in our wallets and on our computer screens. We can listen to the truth in song as we drive or do routine tasks. Surrounding ourselves with reminders like these can be very powerful.
Insight: Let's constantly surround ourselves with reminders of who God is, what He does, and what He wants us to do.
--

Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 31 Mar 2009, 4:13 pm

Date: March 30, 2009 11:34 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Remember to Share
Remember to Share

Scripture Focus: Hebrews 13:15-21
"And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased" (Hebrews 13:16).

We love to share with others. A special joy comes when we send a meal to a family with a newborn baby or after surgery, or to take fresh baked cookies to a doctor's office.

Recently We gave a gift of Bibles to a Ugandan Ministry. I have a heart for this ministry. They have such a need for Gods Word. The few Bibles we were able to purchase for them were not quite enough for all the congregation and many more are needed.

I have been in contact with them on a regular basis and they have some 20 churches in different parts of Uganda. With several needy pastors, Our little monthly support is so small, I feel ashamed, but as our church has so little funds we do as best we can, hopefully one day we can do more to help the church in Uganda.

Sharing brings pleasure to both the receiver and the giver, but that's not all. Today's verse comes from a passage about worship no longer sacrificing animals, but pouring out praises to God and sharing with others, worship that gives God pleasure.
Insight: God is pleased when we share. What a wonderful incentive to reach out to others in practical expressions of our worship!
--
Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman

Restoration Ministry
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 30 Mar 2009, 10:33 am

Date: March 29, 2009 9:29 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Remember to Entertain Strangers
Remember to Entertain Strangers

Scripture Focus: Hebrews 13:1-6
"Keep on loving each other as brothers. Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it" (Hebrews 113:1-2).

When Melissa, our firstborn, was a toddler and we were expecting Leticha, we were stationed at Ft. Huachuca, Az. Strangers often stopped by to visit our home Bible studies.

One day an older couple stopped and visited us. It seemed an ordinary encounter. Then a few weeks later a box arrived filled with baby things for our soon-arriving daughter. Included was a check to buy a new dresser, which we really needed. A women's group had put these things together for us. Truly we had entertained angels unaware.

Hospitality has been a large part of our lives. We have been blessed as we often entertained visiting missionaries and other servants of God.

Sometimes, though, we have opportunity to welcome "ordinary" people, like the couple who visited us. God has a special outcome when we reach out to include them. He says, "Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God" (Romans 15:7).
Insight: God blesses you when you open your home to others. You might even entertain angels unaware.
--

Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 27 Mar 2009, 10:39 am

Date: March 26, 2009 8:08 PM
Topic: +DEV+ When We Can't Sleep
When We Can't Sleep

Scripture Focus: Psalm 63
"On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings" Psalm 63:6-7).

What do you do when you can't sleep? I cry out to God because when I am wakeful it is usually because I am facing a crisis or in physical pain.

This was true in December 2000 when we were losing my wife's father. For two nights we wept and prayed through the hours until dawn. Then on May 28th, in the morning God led me to Psalm 63. I determined to sing in the shadow of God's wings even as my heart was grieving.

Four days later, on June 1st at home, Dad graduated to glory. He was surrounded with his daughters, their husbands and grandchildren. we stayed under those wings of God, close to His heartbeat of love for me, singing through our tears.

No matter why sleep eludes us we have a choice: to center on our heartache or to focus on the Lord and His love and understanding of our needs. We will find Him faithful to uphold us.
Insight: When you can't sleep, do you turn your thoughts to God and His character? Do you pour out your heart and give thanks for His incredible mercy?
--
Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 26 Mar 2009, 1:42 pm

Date: March 25, 2009 11:41 PM
Topic: +DEV+ God Forgets Our Sins
God Forgets Our Sins
Scripture Focus: Isaiah 44:21-23
"Remember these things, O Jacob. . . . I have made you. . . . I will not forget you. I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist" (Isaiah 44:21-22).

God remembers His children but He forgets our sins, sweeps them away, throws them in the deepest sea and puts up a "No fishing" sign. Sins, once forgiven, are under the blood forever and will never come back to haunt us. We are able to move forward in a new freedom to love and serve Him with the rest of our lives.

This is a wonderful truth for any of us, but especially for the man or woman who has made a mistake that sent them to prison. Their experience of incarceration often turns them to God. They are redeemed and leave prison to serve God with all their hearts.

God is always ready to forgive His arms are open wide to the prodigal. He is ready to forgive and forget, to reinstate you into the family of God. He can still use you, no matter how great sin you have committed. He is the God of new beginnings. The promise He made to Israel long ago extends to us: "I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more" (Hebrews 8:12).
Insight: God welcomes us with open arms when we turn back to Him. He forgives and forgets our sin and waywardness.
--
Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 25 Mar 2009, 5:47 pm

Date: March 24, 2009 8:51 PM
Topic: +DEV+ God Remembers Us
God Remembers Us

Scripture Focus: Psalm 103
"As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him; for he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust" (Psalm 103:13-14).

When our children are hurting, we hurt with them. We cry out to God in their behalf, asking for His grace and mercy to be poured out on them.

When we are hurting, God's heart is touched and He hurts with us. As we call on Him, He moves to rescue us from our trouble.

He never forgets that He formed us out of clay. He is completely aware of our humanity and our inherent weakness. He feels our discouragement and moves to lift us up. Lovingly He takes our mistakes and failures and redeems them, even bringing good out of messes we have made.

Do not be discouraged when you fail God by stumbling over the rocks in your path or getting off the path completely. He will keep putting roadblocks in your way to turn you back to Himself. Remember that you cannot sink lower than His protective arms, for they are always under you. He is the lifter up of those who are down. Remembering our human weakness, He is patient and gentle with us.
Insight: When we forget, God remembers. When we fall down, God is ready to pick us up and set us on the right path again.
--
Date: December 30, 2007 1:30 PM
Topic: +DEV+
In Touch with God

Scripture Focus: Psalm 119:161-176
"I long for your salvation, O Lord, and your law is my delight"” (Psalm 119:174).

When I'm full of stress or angry at someone, or discouraged with life in general, I become calm and refreshed when I go to God’s Word. My problems do not disappear, but His Word puts them in proper perspective. I can almost hear Him say, "Don't worry. I'm right here. We'll go through this thing together."

Like the psalmist, I long to know more and more of the reality of salvation, to know the joy of close friendship with God.

I know I cannot maintain my fellowship with Him if I ignore His Word or give it only superficial attention. I need to spend time, as much time as possible, saturating myself in the Bible so that God can make His presence known to me. His Word must be my daily delight or our relationship is bound to grow distant and cold.

After a month in Psalm 119, I am ready to resolve that I will spend time in His Word every day. I will not let anything rob me of the moments I spend listening to Him!
Insight: Will you determine to spend more time in God's Word? Tell Him about it now.
--

Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 24 Mar 2009, 9:49 am

Date: March 23, 2009 9:43 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Remember God's Miracles
Remember God's Miracles

Scripture Focus: Psalm 77
"I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. I will meditate on all your works and consider all your mighty deeds" (Psalm 77:11-12).

When the going gets tough and things are difficult, we need to remember. Remember how God rescued us in the past. Remember His faithfulness to meet our needs when it looked impossible. Remember how He has kept His promises.

When we remember past miracles we are encouraged to trust Him for today's problems. We need to apply the character of God to our problem. Too often our minds pray from the problem to God. We are consumed with our pain when we need to fill our minds with God's loving-kindness and mercies.

When we knew we were losing my wife's father to cancer back in 2000, we cried out to God, weeping and praying through the early morning hours when we could not sleep. I was consumed with the pain. Then I chose to stop focusing on our loss and to begin focusing on the incredible mercy of God. That was a turning point for me. Oh, the pain was still there, but I found so much to be thankful for as I rested in the arms of my Savior.
Insight: It pays to remember who God is and how He has helped us in the past. Then we are confident that He will take us through our tomorrows.
--
Topic: +DEV+ Tried and True
Tried and True

Scripture Focus: Psalm 119:137-140
"Righteous are you, O Lord, and your laws are right" (Psalm 119:137).

The psalmist simply could not say enough good about the Word of God. "The statutes you have laid down are righteous; they are fully trustworthy" (vs. 138). Other translations of the word trustworthy here are "tried" or "refined." This suggests putting God's Word "to the test" to discover its true worth. The psalmist found that God's Word stands up to any test. It has been tried by generations of believers, and it has withstood every test of life's circumstances.

The Bible has also stood the test of time. Through the years men have torn it up, mocked it and burned it. But the Bible endures. Its truths have not changed—and they never will.

A godly man marked God's promises in his Bible. When he "tried" a promise, he put a "T" in the margin. When God kept His word, he added a "P" in the margin, showing that God had "proved" the promise. By the end of his life that man had built up ample evidence that God's Word is "tried and true."
Insight: Try a promise in God's Word. Mark it with a "T." Then when God keeps His promise, add a "P" to show you have "proved" God's faithfulness.
--

Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 23 Mar 2009, 10:37 am

Date: March 18, 2009 10:37 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Always Near
Always Near

Scripture Focus: Psalm 119:149-152
"You are near, O Lord, and all your commands are true" (Psalm 119:151).

Several years after the Viet Nam War, prisoners of war were brought back to America. Many of the half-starved, battered, and scarred POWs told tales of great brutality and deprivation. Some reported the only thing that helped them endure and keep their sanity was the Bible.

In most camps no Bibles were permitted. But often one or two, sometimes more of the men had memorized Bible verses at some time in their lives. Now they found these fragments of Scripture coming back to them, bringing sweet encouragement and unwavering strength. They shared these verses with other prisoners, and they too were encouraged and strengthened. God's Word was there. It was as close as a man's memory.

Thank God for the way He spoke through His memorized Word to desperate men who needed something to keep them going. What a blessing to know that His Word quickens and encourages in printed form, on the lips of believers, or memorized and stored in hearts and minds.
Insight: Get together with someone and share with each other all the Bible verses you have memorized. Will you want to embark on a Bible memory program?
--
Date: March 19, 2009 9:28 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Never Forget It
Never Forget It

Scripture Focus: Psalm 119:153-160
"Many are the foes who persecute me, but I have not turned from your statutes" (Psalm 119:157).

In a world of constantly changing fads and fashions; of "here today and gone tomorrow" relationships; of fast-breaking news updates; of popular heroes that rise to the top of the public's favor and fall to the bottom, NEVER FORGET that God's Word is eternal, never changing always the same.

In a world of dishonest advertising; tax evasion, cheating, infidelity; and people talking out of both sides of their mouths, NEVER FORGET that God's Word is perfect truth.

In a world of rising crime rates, divorce, disillusionment, poverty, illness, and the threat of nuclear war, NEVER FORGET that there is light and hope in God's wonderful Word.

Our Heavenly Father knows what we need and has provided it in His Word—no matter what your need, NEVER FORGET that you'll find the answers in God's Word.
Insight: Think of some other ways God's Word meets the needs of our world today.
--

Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman

Restoration Ministry
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 18 Mar 2009, 1:07 pm

Date: March 17, 2009 9:09 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Sweet Meditation
Sweet Meditation

Scripture Focus: Psalm 119:145-148
"My eyes stay open through the watches of the night, that I may meditate on your promises" (Psalm 119:148).

You lie in your bed, the covers pulled up to your chin, cozy and comfortable. The room is dark. The neighborhood is quiet. It's time to sleep, and you need rest after a stress-filled day.

But sleep eludes you. After awhile you turn over, trying to find a more comfortable position. You try to relax your muscles and empty your mind. Still sleep won't come. You hear the drip of the faucet as if it were Niagara Falls. The ticking clock sounds like a time bomb inside your head.

Has it ever happened to you? You keep saying to yourself, "If I just lie here quietly, I'll soon fall asleep."

Why not try meditating on God's Word when you have a sleepless night? Think of the verses that have been a help to you recently. Remember passages you memorized as a child. Reflect on the Word and you may find the time goes so swiftly that you, like the psalmist, will want to hold back the dawn. Time spent meditating on God's Word is time well spent, no matter what hour of the day or night.
Insight: Jot down some Scriptures you would like to meditate on after you go to bed tonight.
--

Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman

Restoration Ministry
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 18 Mar 2009, 1:07 pm

Date: March 16, 2009 11:51 PM
Topic: +DEV+ The Truth
The Truth

Scripture Focus: Psalm 119:141-144
"Your righteousness is everlasting and your law is true" (Psalm 119:142).

There was a popular song that said, "The things you are liable to read in the Bible, they ain't necessarily so." The song mentioned such men as David, Jonah, and Moses, intimating that their stories in the Bible are merely fables. The writer of that song was mistaken! God Himself vouches for His Word, promising that it is truth. You can believe it. In fact, you can build your life on it!

I don't understand the reasoning of some who profess to be Bible scholars but proclaim that some of the Bible is true and some of it is not. Events they find hard to believe they label fables or myths. They explain away Jesus' miracles, though they claim to believe in the rest of the Bible.

It seems to me that the Bible is either true or it isn't. Some of the events are unusual, but God says they are true and that is good enough for me. Jonah really was swallowed by a huge fish and David actually killed that giant; I believe all these accounts because I believe God. He is perfect, and His Word couldn't be anything else.
Insight: Do you truly believe that God's Word is absolute truth? If you do, memorize 2 Timothy 2:15.
--

Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 13 Mar 2009, 4:26 pm

Date: March 12, 2009 9:52 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Desire for Obedience
Desire for Obedience

Scripture Focus: Psalm 199:131-136
"Streams of tears flow from my eyes, for your law is not obeyed" (Psalm 199:136).

A well-known preacher said, "Our churches today are sound! Sound asleep!" I think that is also an apt description of many Christians' attitudes towards the Bible. Some ignore it. Others carry it to church and display it in a conspicuous place in their home. Some read it because they know they should. Others, thankfully, obey it. What a difference we would make in our world today if we would each just study and obey God's Word. We could cause a positive upheaval in society.

How do you feel when people who profess to be Christians do not obey God's Word? Does this cause you to grieve, as the psalmist did?

What can we do about people who neglect God's Word? We can't make them read the Bible, let alone obey it. We can only be sure that our attitude toward God's Word is what it should be. We can, like the psalmist, ask the Lord to teach us and help us be examples of how to respond to it. And we can pray that others might discover the joy of knowing and keeping God's Law.
Insight: Ask the Lord to help you be an example to others of obedience to God's Word.

Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman

Restoration Ministry
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 12 Mar 2009, 10:07 am

Date: March 11, 2009 9:39 PM
Topic: +DEV+ My Illuminator
My Illuminator

Scripture Focus: Psalm 119:129-130
"The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple" (Psalm 119:130).

Cartoonists often picture people who have ideas as having light bulbs over their heads. When someone suddenly understands what was previously a mystery to him, we say he has seen the light. And that's just what God's Word does for us. "The light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God" illuminates our lives (2 Corinthians 4:4). It helps us understand why people act and react the way they do. God's Word actually turns on a light in our hearts and minds, giving us understanding of heavenly truth.

I understand myself better because I see my weaknesses and strengths, my needs outlined in God's Word. I'm glad the psalmist specified that God's Word gives light to "the simple." It's a comfort to know that the Bible was not written only for intellectuals. Even those of us who are quite average can look to God's Word for enlightenment.

I agree wholeheartedly with the psalmist when he says, "Your statutes are wonderful; therefore I obey them" (Psalm 119:129).
Insight: Make a brief list of invaluable truths God has taught you through His Word about living in the world today. Praise Him for illuminating your life through these truths.
--

Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman
...any more than standing in your garage makes you a car. -The Only Thing Necessary For Evil to Triumph is for Good Men to do
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 11 Mar 2009, 11:42 am

Date: March 10, 2009 11:48 PM
Topic: +DEV+ More than Gold
More than Gold

Scripture Focus: Psalm 119:121-128
"Because I love your commands more than old, more than pure gold, and because I consider all your precepts right, I hate every wrong path" (Psalm 119:127-128).

In Bible times gold was the supreme standard of wealth. Only the very wealthy could possess it. And the many years since then have not changed the world's attitude toward gold. It is still at the top of the "most valuable" list.

When the psalmist said that he loved God's commandments more than pure gold, he was in effect saying, "There is nothing I value more highly than God's Word."

Over the years the price of gold has fluctuated greatly. It has been up and down, but there has never been a change in the value of God's Word. Gold is good only on this earth. It is very true that "you can't take it with you." God tells us that His Word is eternal.

Gold is valuable because it is rare. If we had as much gold as we have spare change, how much would we desire it? But we can never get too much of God's Word. No matter how much we immerse ourselves in it, it is still a rare treasure. Let's value it and develop it so we can fully enjoy our wealth.
Insight: Using a concordance, find three Bible verses that tell how valuable God's Word is.
--

Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman

Restoration Ministry
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 10 Mar 2009, 4:29 pm

Date: March 9, 2009 11:17 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Fearful and Great
Fearful and Great

Scripture Focus: Psalm 119:113-120
"My flesh trembles in fear of you; I stand in awe of your laws" (Psalm 119:120).

The Bible is not a book of only sweet stories with happy endings. In many places the language is harsh. The Bible gives an honest, accurate picture of God and shows up people for their true, depraved selves. It demonstrates God's response to sin.

Don't set out on a through-the-Bible reading program unless you are prepared to read some shocking truths. God has a message for all of us, but it isn't only comfort and love. We need to understand the ugliness of our sin. Knowing that makes Jesus' sacrifice for us even more meaningful.

No wonder the psalmist prayed, "My flesh trembles in fear of you." This is the kind of awe and holy fear we need. God deserves our love and more. He deserves our respect, and yes, our holy fear.

We all want a relationship with God in which we bask in His love. Does a healthy fear of God seem to exclude that sense of being loved that we long for? No! The psalmist who wrote about fear also wrote, "You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in our word" (vs. 114).
Insight: Read Proverbs 1:7. What do you think this verse means? Do you fear God?
--

Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman

Restoration Ministry
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 09 Mar 2009, 6:01 pm

Date: March 9, 2009 12:01 AM
Topic: +DEV+ My Heritage
My Heritage

Scripture Focus: Psalm 119:107-112
"Your statutes are my heritage forever; they are the joy of my heart" (Psalm 119:111).

I am truly thankful for the rich heritage I have in God's Word. Raised in a Christian home, I have known the Scriptures from my childhood. I grew up attending Sunday school and hearing pastors preach. This over-the-years contact with God's Word has shaped my thinking and helped build my faith. I'm amazed at the way God uses in my life today verses I memorized as a youth.

Many believers have not had the benefit of growing up with God's Word. They have only recently received Christ as Savior, but they too can claim God's statutes as their "heritage forever." The Holy Spirit is ready to open their minds to all the Scriptures have to offer. I know babes in Christ who have more insight into the Word than long-time believers.

It's a real blessing to look back on a lifetime with God's Word, but every Christian, no matter how recently he has come to Christ can consider the Bible his heritage. The Holy Spirit works in each of us to make the Scripture the joy of our hearts.
Insight: How long have you been rejoicing in God's Word? Thank Him for the rich heritage He has given you.
--

Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman

Restoration Ministry
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 07 Mar 2009, 9:12 am

Date: March 6, 2009 8:54 PM
Topic: +DEV+ My Guiding Light
My Guiding Light

Scripture Focus: Psalm 119:105-106
"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path" (Psalm 119:105).

When I visited England in the mid 70's, I learned not to ask passersby on the street for directions. They were always very kind, but their intricate directions confused me. A simple map worked best.

We need a reliable guide for life and we have one. God's Word lights the way so we don't stumble in confusion. How does it do this?

First, it clearly identifies wrong and right, dark and light. It tells us where not to go, what not to do. Then it opens our eyes so that we can see the problems that beset our path as well as our weaknesses that threaten to trip us up. Finally, it assures us that we're not walking alone. Our Lord goes every step of the way with us.

For Christians there are no dark paths, so long as we take God's Word with us. It is true that we may walk through shadows at times, or even through darkness that may threaten to engulf us. But we do not need to rely on exterior light we have the Word to guide our steps. We can move ahead with confidence, knowing that our Lord is directing us.
Insight: Try making up a short song based on Psalm 119:105. Sing it when shadows surround you.
--

Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman

Restoration Ministry
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 06 Mar 2009, 4:13 pm

Date: March 5, 2009 9:09 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Sweeter than Honey
Sweeter than Honey

Scripture Focus: Psalm 119:101-104
"How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!" (Psalm 119:103)

In order to cut down on calories, many people buy food and drink sweetened with artificial sweeteners. These substitutes are sweet-tasting, like sugar, but have no calories. Personally, I don't care for artificially sweetened foods. They taste sweet at first, but often leave a bitter taste in my mouth.

God tells us that His Word is sweet like natural honey. It leaves no bitter aftertaste, because there is nothing artificial about it. Jeremiah said, "When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight" (Jeremiah 15:16). Several times in Scripture we find men instructed of God to "eat" His Word. This indicates the need for deep, intensive study of God's Word that will result in growth and maturity. This kind of involvement always leaves one with a sweet taste in his mouth, and a desire for more.

Just as a young child who has stuck his finger in the honey jar decides he must have the whole jar, so we should desire to taste more and more of God's Word. We can never exhaust its sweetness.
Insight: Name some of the sweet discoveries you have made in the Bible recently.
--

Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman

Restoration Ministry
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 05 Mar 2009, 12:09 pm

Date: March 4, 2009 8:24 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Source of Wisdom

Source of Wisdom

Scripture Focus: Psalm 119:97-100
"I have more insight than all my teachers, for I meditate on your statutes" (Psalm 119:99).

I once read about a young girl, raised in the mountains by her grandmother, who moved to a big city to live with cousins after her grandmother died. Everyone expected the sheltered girl to naively "fall for anything". But she surprised the city dwellers by coping better than they did. Her grandmother had raised her to go to the Bible whenever she had a question. Consequently, the girl understood more about the world than her sophisticated relatives.

God promises to teach us wisdom when we study His Word. Long ago Solomon observed, "There's nothing new under the sun." People haven't come up with any new sins, though some of the forms of sin have changed through the centuries. Just make a study of sin in the Bible and see it has all been done before. The Bible gives us the proper perspective on sin, showing the results and the punishment and shame it brings. Then too we see the solution to sin. That’s a better education than we can get from the worldly wise.

Insight: Do you have the wisdom that comes from in-depth Bible study? How can you increase your wisdom?
--

Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman
Restoration Ministry
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 04 Mar 2009, 12:09 pm

Date: March 3, 2009 9:02 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Steadfast Forever
Steadfast Forever

Scripture Focus: Psalm 119:89-96
"Your word, O Lord, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens" (Psalm 119:89).

As an editor of curriculum for children, I'm used to writing copy, then editing it, making corrections, and editing it some more before it is finally printed. Then a few years later, that same copy is revised and updated. That's the way much writing is done.

But not the Word of God! It is steadfast and settled forever. God's Word, like Himself, is eternal and perfect. He never revises it because it was perfect truth when He gave it, and it hasn't changed.

Of course, various men over the years have translated it into Latin, English, other languages, and the modern vernacular. Some of these translations and paraphrases sound quiet different from each other. But God's message is exactly the same as when He gave it.

People have changed over the centuries, but God's Word has never needed change. It is ever new, always applicable to our lives. Just as our Lord "is the same yesterday and today and forever", so is His Word (Hebrews 13:8). We can depend on it.
Insight: Write a short paragraph to remind yourself that you can depend on God's never-changing Word. Place it where you will be reminded every day.
--

Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman

Restoration Ministry
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 03 Mar 2009, 11:07 am

Date: March 2, 2009 9:58 PM
Topic: +DEV+ My Source of Hope
My Source of Hope

Scripture Focus: Psalm 119:81-88
"My soul faints with longing for your salvation, but I have put my hope in your word" (Psalm 119:81).

The psalmist was about ready to throw in the towel. Everything seemed to be going against him. There was only one thing that kept him going God's Word. His hope was firmly settled in the Lord.

There are many people without hope in our world today: millions who exist with hunger and war, homeless men and women who sleep over subway vents to stay warm at night, families who have been torn apart by divorce. Our hearts ache for the multitudes "without hope and without God in the world" (Ephesians 2:12).

But hopelessness is a disease that can be cured. Over and over again God tells us in His Word that we can have a reason to hope:

"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him" (Psalm 42:5)

"The Lord delights in those . . . who put their hope in his unfailing love" (Psalm 147:11).

God wants us to be ready to share "the reason for the hope" that we have (1 Peter 3:15).

Insight: Do you know someone who is without hope? Share the reason for your hope with that person.
--
Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 39 Empty Walking Bibles

Post  Admin on Mon 02 Mar 2009, 11:43 am

Topic: +DEV+ Walking Bibles
Walking Bibles

Scripture Focus: Psalm 119:73-80
"May those who fear you rejoice when they see me, for I have put my hope in your word" (Psalm 119:74).

"You are the only Bible some people will ever read". How true! I come in contact with many people who would never walk into a church or open a Bible. The way my life reflects God's Word influences greatly what they think of Jesus.

But it isn't only those outside Christ who see me as a "walking Bible". Other Christians are watching me too. Is my life an encouragement to them to follow God's Word, or is it a stumbling block?

When I was a Bible student, I swept floors and cleaned toilets and whatever was needed, quite often for our church. Once, as I was leaving a service, my pastor told me that he had just overheard two young men saying they wished more would be just like me!

I barely knew those fellows and certainly had no idea they were watching me so closely on and off the platform. It was humbling to realize the responsibility we each have to be walking Bibles..

Let's remember that as we read God's Word and ask the Lord to help us obey it consistently, even when we don't think we are being watched.

Insight: Think of people you come in contact with daily. What do they see in your life?
--
Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman

Restoration Ministry
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 27 Feb 2009, 12:47 pm

Date: February 26, 2009 11:15 PM
Topic: +DEV+ My Greatest Treasure
My Greatest Treasure

Scripture Focus: Psalm 119:72
"I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread" (Job 23:12).

What is the most valuable thing you possess? I'm not thinking about the most expensive thing or the item that would bring the highest price at an auction. Think of what you have that money cannot buy. Your friends? You have something more valuable than that. Your family? Still more valuable.

Look to Job for a hint. He started out with good health, a wonderful family, and great wealth. Then he lost them all. But Job still had something that could not be taken from him. He had God's Word in his head and heart. That meant more to Job than even the food that kept him alive.

Food is consumed. Good health deteriorates. Wealth lasts only a short time and cannot buy happiness. But God's Word is eternal. "The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord stands forever" (1 Peter 1:24-25).

Do you value God's Word? Is it better than gold or silver to you? In what ways would your next 48 hours be different if you truly treasured God's Word more than anything else you possess?
Insight: Reflect on God's written Word and what it has meant in your life. Thank God for the treasure it is to you.
--
Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum