World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» ABOUT Farm Fresh Eggs & Chickens
R.D SOUZA Saved by faith  EmptyYesterday at 11:57 pm by Admin

»  "Bring Them Home" protests heat up,
R.D SOUZA Saved by faith  EmptyYesterday at 11:50 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
R.D SOUZA Saved by faith  EmptyYesterday at 11:12 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
R.D SOUZA Saved by faith  EmptyYesterday at 10:58 pm by Admin

» IsraelAM
R.D SOUZA Saved by faith  EmptyYesterday at 10:50 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
R.D SOUZA Saved by faith  EmptyYesterday at 10:46 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
R.D SOUZA Saved by faith  EmptyYesterday at 10:39 pm by Admin

» AISH
R.D SOUZA Saved by faith  EmptyYesterday at 10:18 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
R.D SOUZA Saved by faith  EmptyYesterday at 10:02 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
R.D SOUZA Saved by faith  EmptyYesterday at 9:49 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
R.D SOUZA Saved by faith  EmptyYesterday at 9:12 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
R.D SOUZA Saved by faith  EmptyYesterday at 9:07 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
R.D SOUZA Saved by faith  EmptyYesterday at 9:04 pm by Admin

» Whose Land know the truth
R.D SOUZA Saved by faith  EmptyYesterday at 6:57 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
R.D SOUZA Saved by faith  EmptyYesterday at 6:47 pm by Admin

» OBAMA AGAIN
R.D SOUZA Saved by faith  EmptyYesterday at 6:45 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
R.D SOUZA Saved by faith  EmptyYesterday at 1:21 am by Admin

» The Risks of (AI) Artificial Intelligence
R.D SOUZA Saved by faith  EmptyYesterday at 12:37 am by Admin

» A Lenten Prayer to Bring Beauty from Ashes - Easter Devotional - March 17
R.D SOUZA Saved by faith  EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 9:50 pm by Admin

» CONTROVERSIAL TOPIC
R.D SOUZA Saved by faith  EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 5:54 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

R.D SOUZA Saved by faith

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

R.D SOUZA Saved by faith  Empty Re: R.D SOUZA Saved by faith

Post  Admin Sat 12 Dec 2020, 11:11 pm

Sending the Right Person

1 Thessalonians 3: 1, 2  Wherefore when we could no longer forbear, we thought it good to be left at Athens alone; And sent Timotheus, our brother, and minister of God, and our fellowlabourer in the gospel of Christ, to establish you, and to comfort you concerning your faith:

When Paul, Silas, and Timothy were in Berea it was decided between them that Paul went alone to Athens and Timothy be sent to Thessalonica. Paul was keen to know the wellbeing of those in Thessalonica but was unhappy he himself could not go there.

What we see in today’s scripture is Timothy who was called by Paul as his spiritual child (not son) was now mature and is referred to as ‘brethren, minister of God and fellow laborer’. Timothy was an Evangelist by Calling and as per function of Callings he was the right person to attend to the Thessalonians, at the spiritual state they were in. As an Apostle Paul had set the basic foundation of the Thessalonians and it was now the work of an Evangelist required to build on it.

If we look at the Church over 2 thousand years the first 100 years it was a period wherein Apostles set the foundation of the Church (that is why all of the first lot Jesus chose were Apostles by Calling). Later we see there was a big gap and between 100AD to 300AD Church having no growth at all. Between 310 AD to 330AD (approx.) the Church was persecuted and after 380 AD and official coming the Catholic Church (Roman was declared a Christian state) we saw something else happening in the name of Christianity. From 300AD to 1550AD (approx.) the Church was in exile and returned with the Reformation Movement fulfilling prophecy of 1260 years.

After the Reformation movement from 1600AD to 2000AD (exactly 2010) we saw Evangelism grew multifold with many great Evangelists active during this period. Now as per Calling and prophecies after Apostles, Evangelists is the turn of the Teachers, soon one will see many Teachers coming into the forefront, leading and building the Church. We will see many old doctrines in the Church which were unbiblical being crushed, removed and the Church bought to one understanding, as per scriptures. Lots of Church leaders who are holding on to unbiblical doctrines just because of mass followings, will see selves shaken or even removed from the path.

We have now just entered the stage where the Church even though surrounded in worldly turmoil (pandemic is just the start) will come together, becoming one, united in understanding and purpose, this is the role a Teacher plays in the Church.

Understand no one can hinder or obstruct things of the Lord’s Kingdom, what is written has to come to pass, so let us not be Pharaoh but be Moses as a testimony, even though both glorified God in different ways one by self-destruction and the other by service.

[Prayer Starter]
Lord You are Almighty God. You Lord set the foundation of creation and from the beginning set all things with knowledge of everything but gave freedom to play the role with Him or against Him. Lord we pray our testimony in You be not against You but with You and in You. We pray your Church be open to correction so that we glorify You here on earth, in this creation by lifting your Name high...

This prayer we make in Jesus’ Name, Amen.

[Reference Scriptures]
Revelation 3: 7-12
7  And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;
8  I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.
9  Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
10  Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth..
11  Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.
12  Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, [which is] new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and [I will write upon him] my new name.

Dated 12 Dec 2020
Bro Rollwyn

SavedbyFaith.info - Daily Mail
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 08 Dec 2020, 12:07 am

Law against Menstealers

1 Timothy 1: 10  For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

Bible is mistakenly presumed as supporting several things due to people lack in Bible study and understanding scriptures or history. A couple amongst them are polygamy and slavery.

Currently I have been doing Zoom teaching on marriage and people were surprised when I showed them scriptures wherein the Lord clearly discouraged polygamy. It is not understood by many as to why He did not consider it a sin even though His anointed ones indulged in it even after being told.

The same is the case with slavery, people think Bible was okay with slavery since the word occurs many times in it.

God did not just throw the whole Book of Law at once on us but disclosed it over a period through various people as He increased His grace for us to keep it. Things like incest marriage and polygamy were amended into the Law people came to know the truth. It was in Jesus that Truth and Grace is given to all who come to Him and that is why we see very clear instructions in NT about marriage being between a relationship between one man and one woman, and relationship with another while the partner is alive (even if separated) is considered as adultery. Also the fact of the husband is superior than the wife is a misunderstanding of scriptures, people do not realize it was a curse on woman after she sinned that man will rule over her, so in Christ there is equality in gender. In marriage the husband and wife play a role or function even though they are equal.

Coming to slavery, it is the English mistranslation of scriptures that is behind the cause of people assuming OT propagated slavery. The Law was and is very clear about the rules under which service of another can be engaged. There was nothing like permanent servant, if the person continued service after the max period of 7 years the person was given some rights as a member of the family.

We see in today’s scripture slavery is given the term ‘men-stealer’ showing it as an evil. The actual word ‘slave’ occurs only once that that too in Revelation, it speaks of a man being a slave to his carnal nature.

It is time we start to get a better, more perfect understanding of scriptures, since the Law of God guides us to perfection.

[Prayer Starter]
Lord You are Almighty God. You Lord created all things in an image so as for us to know and understand things that are not visible. Your Word opens our eyes to that which is visible yet unseen. Lord we pray You bless more and more with wisdom and a thirst to understand your Word your Law so that we grow in the Truth...

[Reference Scriptures]
Deuteronomy 17:17  Neither shall he multiply wives to himself, that his heart turn not away: neither shall he greatly multiply to himself silver and gold.

Deuteronomy 21:15-17
15  If a man have two wives, one beloved, and another hated, and they have born him children, [both] the beloved and the hated; and [if] the firstborn son be hers that was hated:
16  Then it shall be, when he maketh his sons to inherit [that] which he hath, [that] he may not make the son of the beloved firstborn before the son of the hated, [which is indeed] the firstborn:
17  But he shall acknowledge the son of the hated [for] the firstborn, by giving him a double portion of all that he hath: for he [is] the beginning of his strength; the right of the firstborn [is] his.

Mark 10:11-12
11  And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her.
12  And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.

Ephesians 5:33  Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife [see] that she reverence [her] husband.

Dated 07 Dec 2020
Bro Rollwyn

--

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 06 Dec 2020, 9:48 pm

Servant of Jesus Christ

Jude 1:1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, [and] called:

The birth of Jesus was a surrogate birth, His mother Mary gave birth to Him before her marriage to Joseph. During His birth she is described as engaged to Joseph but later after she knew Joseph she is called his wife.

In Jewish tradition during that time the marriage bond was complete only when the husband knew (had physical relationship) with his to be wife that is why in Cana during the wedding celebration (banquet) the bridegroom and bride are not mentioned as being present.

The marriage of Joseph and Marry was not cursed that they did not bear children, the Bible mentions them as having at least 4 sons and more than 2 daughters. Their sons’ names are given as James, Joseph, Simon and Judas, their daughters’ names are not given. People do not realize the wedding at Cana was of one of the daughters of Mary that was why she was there 3 days before the wedding banquet and was helping in the coordination of the banquet. The desperate pressure by her on Jesus to organize for wine landed with Him perform the miracle of turning water to wine. Mary did not expect a miracle but believed Jesus being well known would get it from someone thus instructed the servants to follow His instructions as in to go where He tells them to go to fetch it.

People also do not realize it was James the eldest son of Joseph and Mary who was present with his mother at the foot the cross during Jesus’ crucifixion, was the loved one whom Jesus gave the charge to take care of Mary. As per NT and OT prophecy none of the Apostles were present at the crucifixion and there were many not just John the Apostle referred to as ‘loved by Jesus’.

In today’s scripture Jude introduces himself as brother of James and before that as servant of Jesus. The Greek word ‘doulos’ translated as ‘servant’ is at time also wrongly translated as ‘slave’.. In Jewish culture there was no concept of slaves, there was a concept of bonded labor where a person would be paid a large amount for service for a period or one who could not pay back a loan (of a family member) had to work for the period of max 7 years. After 7 years no servant was allowed to continue by force but was sent back with a reward for their service.  

Jude uses the term bonded labor not in term of repaying the price paid by Christ but bonded by mission and thus ends the sentence with the word ‘call’ in noun form (not as a verb). Paul, Peter and James (the brother of Jesus and Jude) also used the same term ‘doulos’ as mission men and not men repaying the price of Jesus Christ (none of us can).

God wants us to be men and women bonded in our mission and Calling in Jesus Christ. Peter goes on the state anyone who follows this will not fall in their spiritual walk.

[Prayer Starter]
Lord You are Almighty God. You are Lord of order and not of commission. You Lord made all things with understanding and purpose. You called us unto You also with understanding and purpose, without the Truth we cannot come to You. Lord we pray we do not be fools to try to repay what You have done for us but be Men and Women of Mission in You, walking in the Calling set by You...

[Reference Scriptures]
Matthew 1:18, 24-25
18  Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.
24  Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:
25  And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

Hebrew 7: 3  Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

Matthew 13:55  Is not this the carpenter’s son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joseph, and Simon, and Judas?

Mark 6:3  Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, and brother of James, and Joses, and Judas, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended in him.

John 2:1-5
1  And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there:
2  And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage.
3  And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine.
4  Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.
5  His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do [it].

Romans 1:1  Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called [to be] an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

James 1:1  James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

2 Peter 1:1  Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

2 Peter 1:10  Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

Dated 06 Dec 2020
Bro Rollwyn

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 05 Dec 2020, 8:33 pm

With you in Spirit

Colossians 2: 5  For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying {rejoicing} and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ.

Two days back we got the scripture Philippians 4:4 on rejoicing in the Lord. In today’s message we read about Paul who is unable to fellowship in physical is speaking about fellowshipping with them in spirit. In worldly system any person communicating in spiritual ways is called a psychic, a person who uses   extrasensory perception (ESP) to identify information hidden from the normal senses. According to the world being a psychic is a rare ability.

When one learns about inner-man one will see like we have natural senses of sight, hearing, smell, taste and touch which connects our inner-man to the natural world, similarly we have spiritual senses which connects our inner-man to the spirit world. Now a person whose natural senses, if even one amongst them does not function is called a handicap, but when it comes to dis-functioning of our spiritual senses we do not call people a handicap because we do not sense the lacking until we are in grave problems.

In this time of pandemic since we cannot fellowship physically people are using digital mediums to fellowship. This may help a little but unless we do not fellowship in spirit then this too is just an activity like attending church and not true fellowship.

Today evening I am to share the Word on Zoom of a ministry which I am part of and the message given to me by the Lord was on how to rejoice. Today’s scripture helped me to better my presentation on the topic and that happened only due to me using my spiritual senses. Even the daily messages are not chosen by me but given every morning by the Lord in prayer and one can see their interconnections are just astonishing.

Think of it how many times has a person given very specific information to you from the Lord and not just thrown a promise from the Bible. Preachers switch on their spiritual senses on stage and put is off ones the program is over, if they had continued keeping it on we would have seen another world, one which lives in fear (reverence) of the Lord.

We need to understand the Lord always desires to communicate with us but we have closed our spiritual doors to Him by not using our spiritual senses. Let us not be spiritual handicaps but use our spiritual senses so that we can communicate with the Lord and via Him to each other. Let our prayers not be a monolog but a dialog with the Lord.

[Prayer Starter]
Lord You are Almighty God. You Lord are Omnipresent and Omnipotent, there is nothing hidden from You nor is anything impossible to You. You are Lord of order and not disorder, You are light and there is no darkness in You. Lord we struggle because we do not know the truth. We assume and presume with our limited knowledge. We pray we humble ourselves and submit to your Spirit so that we know and grow in You. We pray we connect and fellowship in spiritual medium more than digital medium...

[Reference Scriptures]
Philippians 4: 4  Rejoice in the Lord alway: [and] again I say, Rejoice.

John 4:24  God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship in spirit and truth.

1 Corinthians 5:3  For I verily, being absent in body but present in spirit, have already as though I were present judged him that hath so wrought this thing,

Matthew 5:12  Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets that were before you.

Luke 6:23  Rejoice in that day, and leap [for joy]: for behold, your reward is great in heaven; for in the same manner did their fathers unto the prophets.

John 16:20  Verily, verily, I say unto you, that ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.

Romans 12:15  Rejoice with them that rejoice; weep with them that weep.

Dated 05 Dec 2020
Bro Rollwyn

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 04 Dec 2020, 11:37 pm

He will Judge on His Appearing

2 Timothy 4:1 I charge [thee] in the sight of God, and of Christ Jesus, who shall judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom:

There is no bigger confusion in the Church then on the topic Judgment Day. Just take this topic and as many people there are that many variations of understanding one will get. Even though we have very clear scriptures like today’s scripture which states Jesus Christ will judge both those alive and those dead when He comes again yet we have people thinking when one dies that person immediately goes to Heaven.

There are some scriptures which seem to give an understanding that the Believing dead immediately go to Heaven but when one reads more deeper into the text it is not so i.e. we see the death of Stephen who when getting martyred says ‘Lord, lay not this sin to their charge’ and dies. What one fails to read is in the very next line it says ‘he fell asleep’. Even in OT those were anointed, on their death it says they were gathered unto their fathers. Jesus too when gave the parable concerning the dead uses the term ‘bosom of Abraham’ and not ‘bosom of the Father’.

Most of these corrupted teachings on Heaven(s), Hell and our creation is originated in the Catholic doctrines which its self comes from concoction of Roman, Jewish and Christian (biblical) understanding. The illustrations in their churches teach Christians more than what scriptures do i.e. everyone believes Jesus was born in a stable because of this church’s illustrations and statues, even though scriptures say He was born outside the inn while they were waiting for a room. The word ‘manger’ misleads them, they do not realize it speaks of a wooden box kept to feed the donkeys tied outside the inn. In another words He was born in a parking lot and in not a stable.

When the Lord was teaching me and making me understand prophecies concerning the timeline ahead the first thing He did was to make me understand the levels/realms of His creation (Heavens). If it was not for that I too would have been confused

Let us not belittle any scripture and lift another. Let us understand every scripture is true and it is our understanding needs changes not scriptures.

[Prayer Starter]
Lord You are Almighty God. You made the Heavens and our creation. Everything thing is made with purpose. Lord we pray we understand the Realms of your Creation and not belittle the Heavens believe in fables...

[Reference Scriptures]
Luke 2:7  And she brought forth her firstborn son; and she wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.

Acts 7:60  And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

Acts 13:36  For David, after he had in his own generation served the counsel of God, fell asleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption:

1 Corinthians 15:20  But now hath Christ been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of them that are asleep.

1 Thessalonians 4:14  For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also that are fallen asleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

2 Peter 3:4  and saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for, from the day that the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

Luke 11:32  The men of Nineveh shall stand up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for they repented at the preaching of Jonah; and behold, a greater than Jonah is here.

Romans 14:10  But thou, why dost thou judge thy brother? or thou again, why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment-seat of God.

Dated 04 Nov 2020
Bro Rollwyn

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 03 Dec 2020, 8:29 pm

Rejoice in the Lord

Philippians 4: 4  Rejoice in the Lord alway: [and] again I say, Rejoice.

When one reads today’s scripture one immediately derives the assumption of God requesting us to be joyful. It sounds like an invitation to be joyful.

I have said this before, it is only when we get into the grammar of the Greek words we get a better understanding of the scripture, since the English language is not rich to deliver the message like the Greek language is..

The Greek verb ‘chairo’ translated ‘rejoice’ is given with the TVM present, active, imperative. The mood being imperative. Imperative is not an invitation or request like "Repent ye, and believe the gospel" Mark 1:15 is not an invitation or request but more an order.

One will understand this more when one understands the atmosphere in which this letter was written, it was from a jail (house arrest) in Rome when Paul knew He was not going to be set free but was going to for the last time witness Christ (before Caesar) before he is killed..

This scripture is not a satire nor a tragedy. It is about understanding the truth and facing it. If is only when we understand this life and what we are called to, that we can dare to laugh at the face of danger and tell it ‘you are defeated’ even when it is almost going to consume us. Sicknesses or natural disasters is not what we should put our arms down to, it is only against persecution for the Gospel or spreading the Kingdom of God that we put arms to. We are called to battle against unseen forces, rebuke sickness and evil spirits.

Joy of the Lord is not in being pleased or happy in sense of worldly happiness, even in sorrow we are called to have joy. When we have the truth in us then whatever may be the situation or our natural emotions we will always have the joy of the Lord within us and will be rejoicing always.

[Prayer Starter]
Lord You are Almighty God. You made all things in the beginning and set them to appear in its time. Lord we pray we always remember You are in control of all things. You have made all things for the purpose of renewal of man. We pray we understand like a caterpillar needs to transform to become a beautiful butterfly so also we too need to transform from within so let this transformation be a joy...

[Reference Scriptures]
Philippians 1:23  For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:

Philippians 1:12-13
12  But I would ye should understand, brethren, that the things [which happened] unto me have fallen out rather unto the furtherance of the gospel;
13  So that my bonds in Christ are manifest in all the palace, and in all other [places];

Philippians 2:28  I sent him therefore the more carefully, that, when ye see him again, ye may rejoice, and that I may be the less sorrowful.

Psalms 34:2  My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear [thereof], and be glad.

Matthew 5:12  Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great [is] your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Romans 5:3  And not only [so], but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

Matthew 10:23  But when they persecute you in this city, flee into the next: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone through the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

Dated 03 Dec 2020
Bro Rollwyn

--

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 01 Dec 2020, 10:06 pm

Having confidence

2 Thessalonians 3: 4  And we have confidence in the Lord touching you, that ye both do and will do the things which we command you.

Amongst the Churches to whom Paul (team) wrote letters to the Church at Thessalonica were more mature. Paul did not need to write to a Church like Berea for they were already walking in the ways of the Lord.

As Pastors/Shepherds and Ministers of the Lord’s Kingdom we are called to lead the little, lead Jerusalem and not those already led by the Lord (Holy Spirit) / Israel. We find this mistake been done by many large ministries where the leader treats even the mature like spiritual children guiding them and muffling the voice of the Lord in their lives.

In today’s message we see the stage of transformation of the people of Thessalonica. The Greek word translated as confidence comes from / is the word ‘persuade’. What is interesting the grammar changes ‘persuade’ into ‘confidence’, it shows when persuading reaches its goal it becomes confidence.

Let us encourage each other until we have the same confidence which the team Paul had with the people of Thessalonica. Let us not simply leave people with a message from the Lord but be those who help them live or be that message.

[Prayer Starter]
Lord You are Almighty God. We pray Lord we do not be fail in our carrying the cross by leaving it half the way. We pray we run the race and be amongst those who finish it while helping others finish it so that they too receive the price of inheritance. May we not be those who built large houses with hay but be amongst those who built it with precious metal even if it is a small house, so that it remains and we receive our reward when fire tests it...

[Reference Scriptures]
1 Corinthians 3:10-15
10  According to the grace of God which was given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder I laid a foundation; and another buildeth thereon. But let each man take heed how he buildeth thereon.
11  For other foundation can no man lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ..
12  But if any man buildeth on the foundation gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13  each man’s work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it is revealed in fire; and the fire itself shall prove each man’s work of what sort it is.
14  If any man’s work shall abide which he built thereon, he shall receive a reward.
15  If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as through fire.

Dated 01 Dec 2020
Bro Rollwyn
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 30 Nov 2020, 8:34 pm

Watch the fruits

Hebrew 6:8 But that which beareth thorns and briers [is] rejected, and [is] nigh unto cursing; whose end [is] to be burned.

People usually look at quantity and Preachers become famous by pictures of large crowds attending their services. Preachers like one who recently died claimed to save 75million souls by bringing them to Christ, what is to be seen is how many of them became Disciples of Christ, how many amongst them are doing the mission of Christ? 5 or 10 or 50?

If we go by today’s scripture these very Preachers are in great danger of facing the wrath of God on Judgment day since today’s scripture looks at quality more than quantity. One sees Preachers perish away and hardly a handful of them truly transform others to become Disciples of Christ. If we hear of even 1 or 2 people getting transformed by them, we say what a great Preacher and glorify him. If these people were put for performance review like companies have, then the most famous would be the most ashamed. Resources used of God’s Kingdom v/s what they achieved? Marketing v/s actual sales numbers?

Do people consume food half cooked? Imagine the person in your house prepares a very large quantity of half cooked food, what would be your reaction. Would you appreciate the efforts or get angry for destroying the food by making it a waste? You would tell that person, if you were not interested in preparing proper food good to consume, I would have got someone else to do it, why did you waste all this? Imagine a farmer who has hectors and hectors of green lush farm lands which produces just a bucket of harvest! What would be your reaction?

Let us move from gathering people into churches to leading people out of churches so as to become true Church of Christ, doing the mission of Christ. Let us look at quality more than quantity.

[Prayer Starter]
Lord You are Almighty God. You Lord are Holy God for You alone are perfect. You called your people to be holy people and not famous people. Lord we pray we seek perfection and not fame. We pray we do not introduce Christ to people but get people to know Him and follow Him. We pray we work on better fruits and not see a loss of our harvest...

[Reference Scriptures]
1 Corinthians 3:11-15
11  For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12  Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13  Every man’s work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is.
14  If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15  If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Dated 30 Nov 2020
Bro Rollwyn
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 29 Nov 2020, 10:13 pm

He shall dwell among them

Revelation 7:15  Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them..

The word translated as ‘dwell’ is the Greek word ‘skenoo’ and means ‘to fix one’s tabernacle’, also the word translated as ‘temple’ is the Greek word ‘naos’ and refers to the Temple in Jerusalem.

Today’s scripture talks of us becoming the Temple in Heaven and the Lord God becoming a part of the Temple.

If people understand life, a thing is called living only if it growing [we have animals (fish) like salminicola which is living yet is not breathing]. Even spirit being is called having life if the spirit being grows in glory, it is only in Hell that a spirit being does not grow but decays till it perishes (time remains the same) therefore called death.

If one understands why the term ‘Jerusalem’ is used for the Heavenly Temple one will understand it is not the end when we enter Heaven but the start of a spiritual growth that is beyond our imagination. The ‘serving’ is not like worldly labor but is about ministering / worshiping [true worship is ministry]. It says ‘day and night’ means not natural day or night but in work and time out of work. If one understands the names used for Angels in the Bible it does not identify a spirit being but speaks of a duty - a clan/legion.

Let us get in habit of building each other in this natural world for that is what we will be also doing in Heaven.

[Prayer Starter]
Lord You are Almighty God. You are Life and all things living came from You. Those which are in You blossom with life and those in darkness decay and suffer. Lord we pray we who are to have abundant life in You understand we will be growing form glory to glory for You will be in us and we in You...

[Reference Scriptures]
Revelation 7:16-17
16  They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.
17  For the Lamb {root word - male} which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Revelation 21:2-4
2  And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3  And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God [is] with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, [and be] their God.
4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Dated 29 Nov 2020
Bro Rollwyn

--

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 28 Nov 2020, 9:05 pm

Holy and Faithful

Colossians 1: 2  To the saints {holy} and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace [be] unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ..

In today’s scripture we see the Believers in Colosse are called holy and faithful. If we take the case of being faithful we know even Paul struggled spiritually for he said at times he did things he hated and did not desire to do, so like being faithful so also being holy is not an title that we are, but means we are people who are seeking it. Similar is the term righteous people used for us, or people having the truth in them, means we are in the process and not people who already achieved it or finished the process.

Yesterday we were warned of becoming the fallen, people who have reached a spiritual height or growth and even after that forsake the ways of the Lord. It is not about not making a mistake but more about not working or letting the Lord correct us of our mistakes but continuing in them.

The greatest danger we get into is when we create a spiritual wall between us and the Lord. The Jericho wall was bought down by the Lord Himself because they were two walls and between them were temples of various gods. Similarly He bought down the Tower of Babel not because of it’s height but because was a collective temple of all gods. When we have reached a spiritual height and still lift a false god be it an idol (even a human idol) or a carnal desire, the Lord Himself will intervene and bring it down. If we look at many Evangelists who have achieved great name, fame and wealth we will see they have gone down not in glory of the Lord but in shame.

For a Christian it is not only how good we start, or how good we have run but more about how good we have finished the race. Since we do not know when our exit from the race comes we need to keep running the race in the best ability we can, prepared to sleep anytime and stand before Him when He comes again.

[Prayer Starter]
Lord You are Almighty God. You Lord are Holy and there is none Holy other than You, yet your Angels and even your people are called holy for they seek your holiness. We pray Lord we understand it is all about being on the journey which the Lord Jesus Christ made possible for us. We know we cannot walk this Way without your grace and the help of your Spirit, but we pray we do not take your grace for granted and grieve your Spirit for there is no hope then for us...

[Reference Scriptures]
Proverbs 14:14  The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways; And a good man [shall be satisfied] from himself.

Proverbs 1:32  For the backsliding of the simple shall slay them, And the careless ease of fools shall destroy them.

Jeremiah 8:5  Why then is this people of Jerusalem slidden back by a perpetual backsliding? they hold fast deceit, they refuse to return.

Jeremiah 17:5  Thus saith Jehovah: Cursed is the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from Jehovah.

Hebrews 3:12  Take heed, brethren, lest haply there shall be in any one of you an evil heart of unbelief, in falling away from the living God:

Galatians 6:8  For he that soweth unto his own flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth unto the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap eternal life.

Hebrews 12:1  Therefore let us also, seeing we are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

Dated 28 Nov 2020
Bro Rollwyn

--

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 27 Nov 2020, 10:20 pm

Returning of the Fallen

Hebrew 6: 4 - 6  For [it is] impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Spirit, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put [him] to an open shame.

Today’s scripture speaks of those who have come to know Christ, accepted Him as their Lord and Master, baptized in Him and His Holy Spirit, received and experienced the Gifts of the Holy Spirit yet backslide; for these it is impossible to return back and repent. It may sound shocking and dangerous, but it is.

Understand with Lord everything is possible, we can overcome anything but when we overcome the Lord Himself then there is no hope for us. What will surprise you is that many fall into this area in the name of ‘grace’. These people who think grace is a get-free ticket from every situation one day unknowing get to an area of no-return.

Yesterday we saw love (charity) builds a pure heart, good conscience and unfeigned faith in us. Today the Lord is addressing the other flip side of the coin that is if we do not love and do not have a pure heart, good conscience and unfeigned faith then we are very prone to be amongst those who are mentioned in today’s scripture that is the fallen.

General man is give n number of times to be forgiven, repent and return to the Lord, but when it comes to the fallen angels we do not see such a thing for God has already judged them and they are due their punishment. Is God merciless with them? No, God us same to us as He is to them.

We need to understand they know the Lord and have experienced His powers yet they fell from His ways so there is no return possible form their path. Angels are referred as ‘Sons of God’, when we grow in Christ we too walk the path of becoming Sons of God and if we do the same mistake of the fallen angels can we expect any difference in consequences and judgment?

[Prayer Starter]
Lord You are Almighty God. You Lord are the same and never change. You grow in glory to glory but yet You are same for your Nature / your Name is perfect. Lord we pray we be overcomers of this world with your help and your grace, but we pray we do not overcome You after knowing You and experiencing You for there is no help or grace to help us return. We pray we be not counted amongst the fallen thus correct ourselves before it is too late...

[Reference Scriptures]
Isaiah 1:28  But the destruction of transgressors and sinners shall be together, and they that forsake Jehovah shall be consumed.

Hebrews 10:29  of how much sorer punishment, think ye, shall he be judged worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant wherewith he was sanctified an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Jude 1:6  And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Dated 27 Nov 2020
Bro Rollwyn

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 26 Nov 2020, 7:41 pm

Love builds a Pure Heart, Good Conscience and Faith

1 Timothy 1:5 But the end of the charge is love out of a pure heart and a good conscience and faith unfeigned:

When we look at the English text of today’s scripture we feel that the demand is to love and for that we need to have a pure heart, good conscience and unfeigned faith; now these things are just out of the reach of any human thus today’s scripture seems an impossible task.

I have mentioned before in Greek we can jumble the words in a sentence and yet get the original meaning by the grammar of the words. In this sentence the only verb is the word ‘is’, the word ‘love’ / ‘agape’ is given in noun form and not as a verb.

If we understand the sentence grammatically as written in Greek the sentence does no demand a pure heart, good conscience and unfeigned faith to love but instead says if we truly love (as defined by the Bible – edifying others) it will build a pure heart, good conscience and unfeigned (simulated/manufactured) faith within us.

People normally state anyone doing great service unto others as having a good heart, stating the good heart was the origin of the great service not realizing since the person was doing a good service he or she is having a good heart.

Let us not wait to prepare ourselves for good works but understand when we do good works we work within us and transform ourselves. Sharing the Gospel and making Disciples for Christ is not more an act of service but actually an act of love; and when we do it, it build us from within. Jesus said love one another as I have loved you and we see the main mission of Jesus’ ministry was salvation of mankind.

Let us service people with love not serving/pleasing them in the natural, but building them more spiritually. Social service is not love but a step to love, spiritual service is true love. Jesus did feed people but did it as and when necessary, also He did not look after the sick but healed them and sent them away, we may look after the sick when our faith is low but let us not seek looking after them always, let us seek healing them by building ourselves in faith and our service in love with help mold/strengthen our faith further.

[Prayer Starter]
Lord You are Almighty God. You Lord manifested your love as man on the cross but your true love is hidden from those who do not know You well. Lord we pray we do not walk but sight using natural eye but walk in spirit using our spiritual senses. Lord we pray we are not fooled to work for our salvation by works of righteousness but understand salvation demands works of faith, even though they may seem same but the purpose behind doing them makes the difference. Let us focus on the spiritual purpose more and not the natural purpose...

[Reference Scriptures]
Romans 13:8-10
8  Owe no man any thing, but to love one another; for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
9  For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if [there be] any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
10  Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love [is] the fulfilling of the law.

Galatians 5:13  For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only [use] not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

John 13:34  A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Dated 26 Nov 2020
Bro Rollwyn

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 25 Nov 2020, 7:43 pm

Paul had no Spiritual Sons

1 Timothy 1: 18  This charge I commit unto thee, son {teknon} Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare;

We have heard n number of Preachers preach on Paul’s relationship with Timothy or Titus or Philemon or Onesimus, as spiritual father and son. But it will surprise you that such a relationship did not exist. It shows the seriousness of Bible study by Preachers.

The Greek word for ‘son’ is ‘huios’ and the word Paul used for all 4 whom translations put as son is the word ‘teknon’. The word ‘teknon’ means ‘child’ and not ‘son’. Paul had spiritual children those whom he was untiring in Christ and these later became his co-laborers. They never considered Paul has their spiritual father but only as their temporary mentor until they were fully led by the Holy Spirit like him.

Calling any person, even those ministering us in Christ as ‘spiritual father’ is almost like blaspheming God for it is like lifting a person to be God.

People do not realize we have only one natural father which is our earthly father and only one spiritual Father which is the Lord. Interestingly we can have even two natural mothers but only one natural father. One may wonder how? The term mother refers to one who nurtures us into the flesh in this world. We were as seeds in our fathers before we are born / take form in the flesh by the fertilization of our mother’s egg in the womb of our mother. Now with scientific technology we can have a surrogate mother meaning the fertilized egg planted in the womb of another. This is what happened with Mary, thus Mary was the mother (surrogate) and yet virgin until she later had children by Joseph. It is for this reason Hebrews records Christ as ‘without father, without mother’ even though Mary was Jesus’ mother.

The Hebrew word ‘El-Shaddai’ translated as ‘Almighty God’ by tradition means ‘Strong Breasted One’. Thus confirmed our creator or originator is God alone and no one else.

Like we cannot have any spiritual father or sons similarly we cannot have spiritual mothers. The only spiritual relationships we can have with each other is brethren, children and co-laborers (associates). I have seen people to please others call them their spiritual fathers or mothers without knowing they are displeasing God. In OT the ‘elders’ were called ‘fathers’ because they were genealogically related.
a
Let us be mindful of our spiritual relationships, so that we do not cause hindrance to our spiritual growth.

[Prayer Starter]
Lord You are Almighty God. You Lord created us in spirit and put us in the loins of our fathers until we were born in the flesh in the wombs of our mothers. Lord we pray we understand our natural temporary relationships and our permanent spiritual relationships. We pray we do not blasphemy You by calling people as ‘spiritual fathers’ or ‘spiritual mothers’...

[Reference Scriptures]
1 Timothy 1:2  Unto Timothy, [my] own son {teknon} in the faith: Grace, mercy, [and] peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

2 Timothy 1:2  To Timothy, [my] dearly beloved son {teknon}: Grace, mercy, [and] peace, from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.

2 Timothy 2:1  Thou therefore, my son {teknon}, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.

Titus 1:4  To Titus, [mine] own son {teknon} after the common faith: Grace, mercy, [and] peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.

Philemon 1:10  I beseech thee for my son {teknon} Onesimus, whom I have begotten in my bonds:

1 Thessalonians 3:2  And sent Timotheus, our brother, and minister of God, and our fellow labourer in the gospel of Christ, to establish you, and to comfort you concerning your faith:

Matthew 23:9  And call no [man] your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Dated 25 Nov 2020
Bro Rollwyn

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 24 Nov 2020, 10:28 pm

Rock of Hope also the Rock of Offense

Hebrew 2: 3  How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard [him];

We know the word Gospel means ‘Good News’ and we saw in previous messages that Gospel is not some verse of scripture but is the Lord Jesus Christ. He became the hope of a way to Heaven when there was no way. He said unless we eat His flesh we will not have eternal life, and we saw the Hebrew word for ‘flesh’ comes from the root word ‘message’.

People always look at the brighter side of sharing the Gospel for it waters the seed of faith in a person having it and brings that person to Christ. There is also a side which people do not realize a side of judgment which happens when we share the Gospel to someone without the seed of faith. We need to understand when we share the Gospel we do not save anyone but only become instruments in quicken the person coming to know Christ, if we do not do it then the Lord will get someone else to do it else will do it Himself. We are chosen by Him to be vessels of this mission so that we are built in Him and get transformed from within. In all this we need to realize what we do only helps us grow in Christ since we are called not to stop at just sharing about Christ but also lead the person in Christ to a state that we can hand over that person to be led by the Holy Spirit.

Similar to bringing a person to Christ and being blessed in Christ we also quicken greater judgment on those who do not have the seed of faith, we find these people harden their hearts more and do greater evil which they suffer after their death.

When Jesus gave the example of how in OT when there was famine in the whole land the Lord sent Elijah to only one widow although there many widows in Israel and healed only one leper named Naaman that too a Syrian, even though there were many lepers in Israel. This caused the Jewish clerics and other Jews to get boil with wrath that they wanted to kill Jesus, but Jesus escaped from between them.

As we grow in Spirit we will know whom, when and how to share the Gospel more effectively. The Jews who rejected Jesus paid a very heavy price later when they faced the wrath of God via the Romans who utterly destroyed Jerusalem not leaving a stone unturned, whatever wood was found was used to crucify the Jews who had not escaped.  

[Prayer Starter]
Lord You are Almighty God. You Lord created man for a purpose and that is to overcome darkness. Lord we pray we know our purpose in ourselves and bring those whom You have chosen from the foundation of creation like You chose us. Let us realize the importance of our work in You and also realize how to effectively do it...

[Reference Scriptures]
Romans 9:33  even as it is written, Behold, I lay in Zion a stone of stumbling and a rock of offence: And he that believeth on him shall not be put to shame.

1 Peter 2:8  and, A stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence; for they stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

John 6:51-53
51  I am the living bread which came down out of heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: yea and the bread which I will give is my flesh, for the life of the world.
52  The Jews therefore strove one with another, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?
53  Jesus therefore said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, ye have not life in yourselves.

Luke 4:25-30
25  But of a truth I say unto you, There were many widows in Israel in the days of Elijah, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months, when there came a great famine over all the land;
26  and unto none of them was Elijah sent, but only to Zarephath, in the land of Sidon, unto a woman that was a widow.
27  And there were many lepers in Israel in the time of Elisha the prophet; and none of them was cleansed, but only Naaman the Syrian.
28  And they were all filled with wrath in the synagogue, as they heard these things;
29  and they rose up, and cast him forth out of the city, and led him unto the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might throw him down headlong.
30  But he passing through the midst of them went his way.

Dated 24 Nov 2020
Bro Rollwyn

--*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 23 Nov 2020, 8:42 pm

Do all things with love

1 Corinthians 16: 14  Let all your things be done with charity {love}.

The definition we carry of love is so corrupt that we find many translations use the word ‘charity’ instead of ‘love’. If we have gone by our definition of love than today’s scripture would have been ‘done in love’ and not ‘done with love’ since we have confused things like passion, lust, obsession, infatuation, like, craving etc. with love. Love has nothing to do with these and in fact is the opposite of many of these feelings which we equate with love.

The world did not know love until Christ manifested it. People immediately say His crucifixion is an symbol of His love; true His love is manifested on the cross but if one really knows Christ then the scripture ‘He first loved us’ / ‘He loved us before we knew Him’ is a greater evidence of His love, it does not speak of us individually but also collectively, since He became a sacrifice from the foundation of our creation, even before we were created in spirit.

People talk a lot of Father’s love and use the Greek word ‘agape’, they do not realize the word ‘agape’ simply means ‘love’. Words like ‘agapao’ they use as human love is simply a conjugations of the verb and means ‘I love’.

Bible defines love as something that edifies the recipient. Love may mean pleasing for the world but as per the Bible it may call for harsh actions. Love may seem simple but is not, like patience is not a Fruit but a Fruit salad (requires all Fruits) similarly love is the only Fruit that is like a Fruit salad thus Paul says it requires other Fruits to have love (no Fruit is above another). Without other Fruits it is not possible to love, i.e. how can we edify others if we ourselves are in darkness not in the light of the truth?

Today’s scripture says whatever we do that does not edify others is not love. People may not immediately respond positively to our loving them but then love does not seek such responses. Like charity that that only gives without expecting any return so also should be our love but charity does not expect us to grow spiritually in all areas but love does. If we are building ourselves there is no way we can love others.

[Prayer Starter]
Lord You are Almighty God. You Lord created all things for the purpose they prosper in You. Lord we pray we understand unless we are in You there is no prosperity. We pray we get it into us that for true love we need to first be in You and grow in You. Teach us to love others as we grow in You...

[Reference Scriptures]
1 Corinthians 13: 1-8
1  Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become [as] sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2  And though I have [the gift of] prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
3  And though I bestow all my goods to feed [the poor], and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
4  Charity suffereth long, [and] is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5  Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6  Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7  Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
8  Charity never faileth: but whether [there be] prophecies, they shall fail; whether [there be] tongues, they shall cease; whether [there be] knowledge, it shall vanish away.

1 John 4:19  We love, because he first loved us.

1 John 4:10  Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son [to be] the propitiation for our sins.

Hebrews 9:26  else must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once at the end of the ages hath he been manifested to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Dated 23 Nov 2020
Bro Rollwyn
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 22 Nov 2020, 11:23 pm

Do not heed to fables
1 Timothy 1: 4  Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: [so do].

The Greek word translated as fable is ‘muthos’ and means ‘talk’ or ‘speech’ but is not the same as ‘logos’ or ‘laleo’ which are also translated as ‘speech’ or ‘talk’. The word ‘muthos’ comes from ‘mueo’ which refers to something mysterious/unknown.

Ever since the US elections we find large part of US Christians (and also Christians from other countries) are deep into conspiracy theories. One brother was telling me how the pandemic is a conspiracy, it is not a real virus that is killing people but Satan and his people trying to control the world via the vaccine. He claimed the vaccine modifies the DNA and makes people similar to zombies or living robots under the control of Satan.

What is astonishing is that these people claim to be Christians. They may be believing in Jesus but one thing is for sure a question is raised about them being baptized in the Holy Spirit, else they would have had an ounce of discernment. Now is there any sense in arguing with them? If we do we will become a fool talking to another. Like hatred spreads like fire so does stupidity and foolishness, keeping distance is the best remedy unless you are immune to it.

We Christians may be considered fools by this world to believe in salvation via a man who was crucified on a cross, but then Christians are not called to be fools. We are blessed with the Spirit of Truth and given Gifts of wisdom and knowledge to have understanding that surpasses that to the people of this world (about 10 times).

If we lack wisdom and knowledge then we will dwell in the kingdom of Satan, but if we are blessed with wisdom and knowledge that comes from God then we will dwell in the Kingdom of God even while we dwell in this world.. Satan is called prince of the air (air symbolizing doubt), he is written as ruler of this world since most people dwell in doubt.

Let us not gulp down anything thrown at us through various media, but discern all things by investigating them. If we are unsure of anything it is better to shut our mouth on those things rare than being a source of infecting people with foolishness and expanding Satan’s kingdom.

[Prayer Starter]
Lord You are Almighty God. Lord You are Light and there is no darkness in You. You Lord are perfect and You called us too to be perfect. While we are in the flesh we cannot be perfect but surely by walking in the Spirit we can pursue it to prove we are your children. Lord we pray we learn to discern all things and not be like pigs that consume any and everything they are given...

[Reference Scriptures]
1 Timothy 4:7  But refuse profane and old wives’ fables, and exercise thyself [rather] unto godliness.

1 Timothy 6:4-6
4  He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
5  Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.
6  But godliness with contentment is great gain.

2 Timothy 2:14-18
14  Of these things put [them] in remembrance, charging [them] before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, [but] to the subverting of the hearers.
15  Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
16  But shun profane [and] vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
17  And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;
18  Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

Ephesians 2:2  Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Dated 22 Nov 2020
Bro Rollwyn

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 21 Nov 2020, 6:50 pm

All are not God’s people

2 Thessalonians 3: 1, 2 Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have [free] course, and be glorified, even as [it is] with you: And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all [men] have not faith.

Just yesterday a sister was discussing with me about how we try our efforts best to walk in the ways of the Lord and then there are the heathens who do all kinds of depraved things yet we see mostly nothing happens to them.

We need to understand this world (creation) has been created for the passing (refining) of the elect (those who lead the people of God). Judgment Day is for the flock (those who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ) the goats (those who do not do the Will of God) and the sheep (those who abide in His Will). Those who are not of the flock are the one who are like grass. They are allowed to flourish, their glory is like the little flowers of the grass which do not bear fruit but wither away in short time.. If the grass is weed and endangers the growth of fruit bearing plants (flock) or if their wickedness grows over a limit then only God intervenes and they see the wrath or world sees correction by God.

Although all are created by God yet the people of God are identified by seed of faith that is in them. The Gospel is like water which causes this seed to sprout. That is the reason we share the Gospel not knowing who holds a seed of faith.

Today’s scripture reiterates the Lord’s protection on our lives when we lift His Name. Lifting His Name means to project His Nature and that comes by living it according to His Word. Verbally speaking or shouting the name Jesus or Yeshua or Joshua or Iesus or whichever language you speak in, is not going to bless us but if over done without reverence would bring us under condemnation.

Let us hold our confidence in Christ at is if we are walking in Him and not fear even while walking through the dark valleys of death.

[Prayer Starter]
Lord You are Almighty God. You alone are Lord and there is none other than You. Lord You created us for a purpose and since the reward is great, we were required to understand the value of it. You made a way for us unworthy beings to receive our inheritance in You by showing us the Way. You became the Way and Helper to walk on the Way. Lord we pray we who have the seed of faith may cherish it and protect it until it becomes a tree that brings life to many...

[Reference Scriptures]
Matthew 24:22  And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.

Luke 18:7  And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?

Colossians 3:12  Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

2 Timothy 2:10  Therefore I endure all things for the elect’s sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

1 Thessalonians 3:13  To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

1 Timothy 5:21  I charge [thee] before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect angels, that thou observe these things without preferring one before another, doing nothing by partiality.

2 Thessalonians 1:7  And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,

Dated 21 Nov 2020
Bro Rollwyn
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 21 Nov 2020, 12:51 am

Things that company Salvation

Hebrew 6: 9 But, beloved, we are persuaded {trust} better things of you, and things that accompany {have} salvation {deliverance}, though {as/even while} we thus speak.

Two days back we have received the scriptures Hebrews 6:7, 8 which spoke of the fruits of our labor. Fruits which can result in either blessings or curses / problems.

Yesterday we received a message of perfection of faith which is authority. We saw a simple thing like believing has stages of growth, the growth can make immense difference in results and directly on us, taking us to the level of becoming Sons of God and fulfilling the purpose of us being made in the flesh – overcoming it.

We are deceived to think that we need to battle Satan and for that we need great weapons like Gifts of the Holy Spirit.

Firstly people who seek to fight evil spirits are like those who try to fight their shadows. Let us get it into us, we are the battle field and we are the trophy of the battle. Satan uses us (our emotions, our lacking of knowledge and understanding, our fears, our desires etc.) against us so as to destroy us by denying us our inheritance (becoming Sons of God). If we do not allow him to use us we have won the battle.

Secondly the Gifts of the Holy Spirit are more tools than weapons, they are mainly for working in us, on us. The Greek word ‘hoplon’ used in 2 Corinthians 10:4 translated as ‘weapons’ also means ‘tools’, also the word ‘strateia’ translated as ‘warfare’ also means ‘campaign’.

We are the battle field and the weapons of warfare are simple tools like faith, knowledge, understanding, perseverance, tolerance, love etc... We overcome our flesh by not fighting it in the flesh but by using spiritual tools. We bring down our own imaginations that exalt against the knowledge of God by building our knowledge and understanding, we revenge our every disobedience by fulfilling it with obedience with perseverance and tolerance and we overcome hate with love...

[Prayer Starter]
Lord You are Almighty God. You are a Holy God. You separated yourself from all corruption and darkness, before it came into existence. A Part of You humbled Yourself and became a way to overcome corruption.. Lord we pray we understand the actual battle and not be deceived to fight a shadow. We pray we know how powerful the simple spiritual things are in destroying evil, within us...

[Reference Scriptures]
Hebrew 6:7-9
7  For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:
8  But that which beareth thorns and briers [is] rejected, and [is] nigh unto cursing; whose end [is] to be burned.
9  But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.

2 Corinthians 10:2-6
2  But I beseech [you], that I may not be bold when I am present with that confidence, wherewith I think to be bold against some, which think of us as if we walked according to the flesh.
3  For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
4  (For the weapons of our warfare [are] not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
5  Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
6  And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

Romans 12:21  Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Dated 20 Nov 2020
Bro Rollwyn
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 19 Nov 2020, 4:35 pm

Perfect faith makes us Sons of God

Galatians 3: 25, 26 But now that faith is come, we are no longer under a tutor. For ye are all sons of God, through faith, in Christ Jesus.

When a person reads today scripture very casually without serious study they start to assume that by just believing we become Sons of God. The words Sons of God is very rarely used for man as in Romans 8:24, in most places it is written children of God and mistranslated as Sons of God.

Coming to faith, there are 4 words hope, trust, faith and authority which are translated as faith, faith grows into perfection in these respective stages. It is only a Son who manifests authority. Jesus was never referred to as having strong faith, but was referred to as having authority.

Like the Word of God (Law) is our tutor so also the Holy Spirit is our tutor. It is through the Holy Spirit that we get the true revelation of the Word.

Jesus paid the price to make peace between man and God so that we receive His Spirit. The Holy Spirit is given to us as Helper to build us and transform us into Sons of God (having the more perfect image of God). Once the job is done He (the Rainbow – 7 Spirits) is taken away and then the end comes.

Let us not assume that all of us will have that perfect faith (authority), No we will not. We are called to build not only ourselves but others so that man keeps becoming stronger and stronger in faith and then comes a time when just 2 amongst us (2 witnesses) will manifest that perfect faith. It is after their mission is complete that Satan is allowed to consume man and thus bring in Judgment Day.

Judgment Day is like Jesus life, death and resurrection. When He was doing His mission no one would harm Him, it was only after He ‘finished’ His mission that they arrested Him and killed Him. But then that death was not a defeat but a door to perfect life.

Man has to die to have eternal life, but that death comes only after the mission in man and through man is finished.

[Prayer Starter]
Lord You are Almighty God. You Lord are Light. You grow from glory to glory and your plans are to prosper man. This prosperity comes when man submits in You for only in You is perfection. Lord we pray we understand the importance of personal and community growth. Let us not be foolish to look only at ourselves...

[Reference Scriptures]
Romans 8:14  For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

John 1:12  But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons {children} of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:

Matthew 14:31  And immediately Jesus stretched forth [his] hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

Matthew 21:21  Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this [which is done] to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.

Revelation 11: 3-7
3   And I will give [power] unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred [and] threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
4  These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
5  And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
6  These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
7  And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

Dated 19 Nov 2020
Bro Rollwyn
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 18 Nov 2020, 9:54 pm

Fruit of the Labor

Hebrews 6: 7,8  For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God: But that which beareth thorns and briers [is] rejected, and [is] nigh unto cursing; whose end [is] to be burned.

In today’s scripture the Lord wants us to reflect further on our work / labor in His Kingdom.. Paul (supposedly) speaks of how when the earth is soaked with rain brings forth what is planted in it, if the fodder is without thorns and thistles then it is considered as food (to the sheep) else it is burnt. Here the person whose efforts are exposed by the rain receives a blessing or loses it.

In this scripture there are many symbolisms used.

Former rain symbolized mercy which falls on all mankind
Later rain symbolizes grace which falls on only those who have faith
Thorns symbolize problems
Thistles symbolize unprofitability – thistles eat into the nourishment of the land slowing destroying the good work

People have a wrong notion that things like sickness or poverty (not just financial) are testing or persecutions which the Bible speaks of. The word persecute (Greek dioko) means to be driven away or chased, it also means to be pursued after. The Bible also tells us not a strand of hair can fall without the Lord allowing it. So people will try to harm us or seek to do it, but success to these efforts depends on our spiritual standing in the Lord. Almost all the incidents where Christians or those believing in the Lord faced actual problems were because of them doing things which caused the hand of protection to be removed (the first persecution saw disciples fleeing but Apostles were in their place because the disciples glorified Peter), else that situation became ground for greater glory of God’s Kingdom (like Apostles arrested or suffering set a foundation for the explosion of Christianity in the non-Jewish world). They misquote Matthew 5:10-12 without realizing hardly any Man of God/Prophet from OT died as martyr.

Someone had called me a few days back about helping a ‘Christian’ organization that plans to do things like planning large protest processions or activism against those who persecute Christians. My advice surprised him, I told him the Bible tells us to flee from persecution and not confront it, we are called to confront understanding and spiritual factors, not natural actions. So speaking / writing against them, or taking legal actions is biblical but not street protest or physical activism.

The things we call persecution are the thorns or thistles due to corrupt sowing which ‘church’ has done in God’s Kingdom. If even a handful of people would manifest the glory of God, no person would dare speak against the Lord’s people without fear of the Lord’s wrath.

We may think people who keep saying ‘Jesus, Jesus’ are referring to the Jesus of the Bible; we would be mostly mistaken. Muslims state Isa as Jesus of the Bible, most believe it, but it is only when one actually discerns every statement one sees it is fictitious character taken from unreliable sources. The Isa of Quran glorifies a man who claims to be the greatest prophet.

Also the ‘Jesus’ of the Catholic Church is believed to be the same Jesus of the Bible, that too is wrong, in fact the ‘Jesus’ of the Catholic Church is more dangerous, for he glorifies the ‘woman’ / ‘goddess’ (spirit that claims to be Mary/Queen of Heaven). The ‘Jesus’ of the Catholic Church seems to be incompetent to do his job that he seeks help of the ‘woman’.

Similarly every teaching that is taught in believer Churches is also not necessary biblical, unless we do not investigate and discern them we will never know. If we consume junk food then let us not cry claiming thorns and thistles as persecution in the name of Christianity.

[Prayer Starter]
Lord You are Almighty God. You Lord are Omnipotent and Omnipresent. Nothing is hidden from You and nothing is impossible for You. Your Hand is not short to protect your people. We have seen how when the Israelites kept your commandments not one person was a casualty in any battle. We pray we know who You are and not let our foolishness be an excuse for our problems...

[Reference Scriptures]
Luke 21:12-19
12  But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute [you], delivering [you] up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name’s sake.
13  And it shall turn to you for a testimony.
14  Settle [it] therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer:
15  For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.
16  And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and [some] of you shall they cause to be put to death.
17  And ye shall be hated of all [men] for my name’s sake.
18  But there shall not an hair of your head perish.
19  In your patience possess ye your souls.

Matthew 5:10-12
10  Blessed [are] they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11  Blessed are ye, when [men] shall revile you, and persecute [you], and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
12  Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great [is] your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Dated 18 Nov 2020
Bro Rollwyn
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 18 Nov 2020, 12:07 am

Created unto Good Works

Ephesians 2:10  For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Just a couple of days back I was talking to a bother after a long time (since lockdown), on what he and his family were doing. He very happily told me how after he and his wife had done a certificate (degree) course from an international Bible college, his son has completed it and now his daughter was joining. When I asked what they taught in the college, he said the usual grace and love of Christ.

I have no objections to people doing courses from Bible colleges but one should understand what they teach you is how to read a map. They expect people to be able to reach their destination by simply being able to read the map.

Yes without the map and ability to read it a person will not reach his destination, but just by reading a map one may reach a short distance in a local area but a long, long journey in another country requires lots of other information and trainings to be also delivered.

Christianity is a life journey and grace is very essential element of the journey but just grace does not take us to our destination. Today’s scripture states good works / works of faith is the purpose we were made and good works should not be confused with social work. Social service is a small part of works of faith.

Let us get into us that the key to Christianity is internal transformation (being reborn in spirit) and that cannot be achieved without works of faith. These works of faith / good works cannot be done without grace, Word and the Spirit of God.

[Prayer Starter]
Lord You are Almighty God. You Lord created the Heavens of earth (our creation). The Heavens are holy and your dwelling place, even though your presence is there on earth. Lord we pray we understand the transformation we seek through our baptism and this baptism calls for us reaching unto others. We know we cannot do anything without your grace, but we pray we do not abuse this grace by not doing anything. We pray we glorify You on earth as your Son Jesus did...

[Reference Scriptures]
Matthew 5:16  Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

John 5:36  But I have greater witness than [that] of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.

John 10:37  If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

John 14:12  Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater [works] than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

James 2:21  Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

Dated 17 Nov 2020
Bro Rollwyn

--

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 16 Nov 2020, 11:14 pm

Heaven and Holy Mountain

2 Peter 1: 18  And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.

There are terms in the Bible and also in regular life which we use without realizing their actual sense or dimension of reference i.e. today’s scripture uses the terms ‘heaven’ and ‘holy mountain’.

The term Heaven Greek word ‘ouranos’ used here refers to sky or upper atmosphere. When we say sky we always refer it to be up but do not realize the earth being round the sky is all around the earth. We say ‘up’ keeping our reference point as being standing on the surface of the earth. The actual Heaven/s (plural) refers to the various levels / realms of God’s creation. We dwell in a level which is amongst the lower levels of Heaven/s having 2 levels below us. The upper levels which is usually referred to as ‘Heaven’ are 3 levels and these are the levels the Angels, Cherubs and the Throne of God (symbolic) exist in. There also exist a transit level between these two sets of levels. There too up and down does not mean literally up or down for there are only 2 directions in the Spirit world unlike 4 directions in the physical world (north, south, east, west in a plane and also up and down in 3 dimensional world).. In Hebrew the words used for north and south come from the same root words as east and west.

Coming to the term holy which actually means separated (from all that is corrupt), it symbolizes perfection that is why when Jesus as man although have no blemish in Him yet said only the Father is holy/good (perfect). It is only a spirit being can be perfect and even the Heavenly beings like Angels are not, but yet we find the Angels, man and at times things like mountain like in today’s scripture also called ‘holy’.

When the glory of God is manifested on any being or place that being or place becomes ‘holy’. The Upper Heavens are called Holy place because His glory is manifested there, although even in Hell God is present and His glory exist there too but since it is not manifested therefore not referred to as holy Hell. We learn this from the incident of the burning bush, where the Lord manifested His presence in a bush on fire but not consumed by the fire. Moses was on the mountain and as he neared the bush the Lord asked him to remove his sandals stating it as ‘holy ground’. The ground itself is was not holy but during the presence of manifestation the Lord’s glory it became hoy. Note the Angels in Upper Heavens are called holy and not those fallen.

Since we are corrupt the glory of God is on and off in us and thus our holiness is not permanent, we will have permanent holiness when we receive the Fruit of Holiness as we become one with the Father in Heaven.

People foolishly run to places as ‘holy place / holy land’ or claim objects like water or oil to be holy. Even a human race like Israel is not a holy people unless the glory of God is manifested amongst them. The Jews / Israel rejected Jesus as both their Christ/Anointed One (Messiah) and King who saves (Mosiah/Mosiha) therefore they ceased to manifest His glory (they manifest only His mercy due to the promises given to their fathers).

For us to experience Heaven we do not need to go up but need to go out, out of this physical / materialistic world and if we want to be holy (reflected holiness) we need to manifest the glory of God. Just because we believe in Christ we do not become holy people, we need to manifest Christ in us to be a holy people.

[Prayer Starter]
Lord You are Almighty God. You Lord created all things with purpose and in its time we will bring glory unto You. Lord we pray we are not deceived by terminology use by worldly people that contradict scriptures. We pray we seek true Holiness and experience Heaven on earth...

[Reference Scriptures]
2 Corinthians 12:2  I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.

Mark 10:18  And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? [there is] none good but one, [that is], God.

Acts 7:33  Then said the Lord to him, Put off thy shoes from thy feet: for the place where thou standest is holy ground.

Matthew 16:10,19
10  Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as [it is] in heaven.
19  And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

John 3:31  He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.

Acts 7:49  Heaven [is] my throne, and earth [is] my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what [is] the place of my rest?

1 Peter 1:15  But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;

1 Peter 2:9  But ye [are] a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Dated 16 Nov 2020
Bro Rollwyn

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 15 Nov 2020, 10:16 pm

Marrying again

1 Timothy 5:11, 12  But the younger widows refuse: for when they have begun to wax wanton against Christ, they will marry; Having damnation, because they have cast off their first faith.

Marriage is amongst those topics which is little understood. Most equate marriage to worldly relationships or concerns like romance, sex, security, companionship etc. although they are not ruled out or forbidden but biblically allowed, yet are not the purposes of marriage.

If the actual purposes and understanding of marriage is shared in Churches a large part of the Church will be offended since many of them have gone against what the Bible says that too with consent of their Pastors or spiritual guides.

There are things which are forbidden, thing allowed and things which are recommended; now the things allowed should confused are recommended, it simply means the things allowed should be removed over time and only things recommended should be followed.

Let us take the example of sex; sex outside marriage is forbidden, sex within marriage is allowed but should be overcome. You may be taken back by the latter part of the sentence. Yes, sex is not the purpose of marriage but reproduction is. God made reproduction and man converted it to sex by concentrating on its pleasure. It is like food; God gave us the benefit of taste so that we enjoy what we eat but then we eat for nourishment and not for taste.

One may be taken back by God’s seriousness of overcoming sex within marriage by the fact God recommending up to 1 year of honeymoon for the newly married so that other than they having a child, they also overcome their flesh and get to the actual purpose of marriage - the family.

Another fact about marriage that is partly taken in today’s scripture is about those separated (divorced on technical biblical grounds) cannot remarry also even though a widow / widower is allowed to marry yet it is not recommended they do. Take it underlined those who are far from the Lord and weak in faith are the ones who have the problem of lack of companionship, security, physical relationship etc...

There are many ifs and buts that people bring up with regards to remarriage but these are simply excuses for their weak faith and spiritual state. God created man both male and female same in spirit, their difference is only in the flesh thus when one walks in spirit there is nothing that one is unable to do.

[Prayer Starter]
Lord You are Almighty God. You Lord made both male and female identically same in spirit (both male) yet in the flesh You made them male and female so that through marriage they may understand the relationship between You and man. Lord we pray we understand the role we play in marriage and not abuse it...

[Reference Scriptures]
Matthew 19:8  He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

Genesis 1: 27  So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them {male plural}.

Galatians 3:28  There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 5:23  For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

Luke 16:18  Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from [her] husband committeth adultery.

1 Corinthians 7:2, 4, 11, 14, 39
2  Nevertheless, [to avoid] fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
4  The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.
11  But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to [her] husband: and let not the husband put away [his] wife.
14  For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.
39  The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.

Deuteronomy 24:5  When a man hath taken a new wife, he shall not go out to war, neither shall he be charged with any business: [but] he shall be free at home one year, and shall cheer up his wife which he hath taken.

Dated 15 Nov 2020
Bro Rollwyn

--*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 15 Nov 2020, 1:28 am

Did Jesus disrespect Church authority?

John 18:21 Why askest thou me? ask them which heard me, what I have said unto them: behold, they know what I said.

We see when the Jewish High Priest questioned Jesus on His doctrines, Jesus answered that which is given in today’s scripture, to which a Jewish Church officer standing next to Him, struck Him with his palm / fist for disrespecting the High Priest.

Respect is due to every human even if he or she is of another religion, especially if that person is a leader for many are connected to him or her.

Respect and submission are two different things. We as Christians are called to submit only to God, His anointed and appointed ones, not man appointed. Thus we need to discern each and every one who claims to be in His authority but speaks contrary to the Word or its purpose. Even a truly anointed Man of God who in his fall misleads, should not be submitted to..

Many foolishly submit to people who claim to be anointed or appointed by God but speak contrary to the Word of God, thinking they please God. Both Jesus and Paul voiced their protest to Jewish Church authorities when required, they did not rebel but did voice their protest keeping respect without submitting.

Let us not be amongst those who are denied access to Heaven even though we submitted to our Pastors / Priests. Only those who submit to the Lord, His Word (Will) and His Spirit are assured entry to Heaven.

[Prayer Starter]
Lord You are Almighty God. You Lord are supreme for You alone are perfect. When a part of You humbled and became man You submitted to your divine self. We pray we discern between being respectful and submission, above all discern those whom You have appointed with those human appointed. We pray we discern every instruction with your Word and submit only to your Word and your Spirit...

[Reference Scriptures]
Colossians 3:18  Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.

1 Peter 2:12-16
12  Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by [your] good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.
13  Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord’s sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;
14  Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.
15  For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:
16  As free, and not using [your] liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.

1 Peter 5: 5-9
5  Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all [of you] be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
6  Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
7  Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
8  Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
9  Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

Dated 14 Nov 2020
Bro Rollwyn

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 13 Nov 2020, 9:35 pm

Who is Paul?

Romans 15: 15  Nevertheless, brethren, I have written the more boldly unto you in some sort, as putting you in mind, because of the grace that is given to me of God,

Just a few moments back I have put a comment on social media how the Churches seek good speakers instead of good Bible Teachers and how if Paul had not written the letters to the Church no one would have known the knowledge and understanding he carried. Then as I prayed I received this scripture to share on.

It is a fact Paul was not a good preacher/orator and suffered many hurdles because of his lack of being a good orator. Not only Churches like Corinth but even his enemies over time recognized his problem and used it against him, the Jewish Church leaders did not get knowledgeable people to debate him in public courts for they knew they would not succeed but got good orators and they saw success.

Today’s preachers are in repackaging business, they recycle what was already shared years back again and again. People are so used to eating stale food that is warmed and served again Sunday after Sunday. The main sources of Preachers is Internet and secular writers instead of the Word of God and the Holy Spirit. It is for this why we have churches filled with infants still connected by umbilical cords and spiritual dwarfs. There are so many times the Lord tells me not to waste time correcting people within the Churches, specially the elders for they have hardened themselves spiritually with the spiritual algae that has grown on them.

This problem is not a recent problem but even in OT people sought Men of God to tell them nice things that did not affect their lives, does not convict them of their wrong and above all that does not become a thorn in their flesh.

[Prayer Starter]
Lord You are Almighty God. Your Kingdom is not of this world and this world hates your Kingdom. Lord we pray we subject ourselves to your Kingdom and not to the kingdom of this world. We pray people truly seek your Word more and more, that they grow and do not be stagnant and spiritually rot...

This prayer we make in Jesus’ Name.

[Reference Scriptures]
2 Corinthians 10:10  For [his] letters, say they, [are] weighty and powerful; but [his] bodily presence [is] weak, and [his] speech contemptible.

2 Corinthians 11:6  But though [I be] rude in speech, yet not in knowledge; but we have been throughly made manifest among you in all things.

Acts 24:1  And after five days Ananias the high priest descended with the elders, and [with] a certain orator [named] Tertullus, who informed the governor against Paul.

1 Kings 12:7  And they spake unto him, saying, If thou wilt be a servant unto this people this day, and wilt serve them, and answer them, and speak good words to them, then they will be thy servants for ever.

Isaiah 30:10  Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:

John 7:38  He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Dated 13 Nov 2020
Bro Rollwyn

--

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next