World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 20 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» WHY DID GOD CREATE EVIL
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 11 EmptyToday at 4:36 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 11 EmptyToday at 2:37 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 11:38 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 11:18 pm by Admin

» AISH
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 10:24 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» israelAM
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 10:09 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 9:54 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 9:51 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 11 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:49 pm by Admin

» Pressure from UN Threats
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 11 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:45 pm by Admin

» Ship that obliterated Baltimore bridge
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 11 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:44 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 11 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:08 pm by Admin

» Be Fervent in Spirit
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 11 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 10:54 pm by Admin

» Remain in God - iBelieve Truth
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 11 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 1:25 am by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 11 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 12:43 am by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 11 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 11:40 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 11 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 11:00 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 11 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 8:54 pm by Admin

» Is Gaza Really Starving
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 11 EmptySun 24 Mar 2024, 11:40 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Meditation Chip Brogden

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 11 Empty Re: Meditation Chip Brogden

Post  Admin Sat 01 Oct 2011, 11:45 am

October 1, 2011

Today's Message from Chip Brogden

"That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me." PHILIPPIANS 3:10-12

Many years after having first put on the Lord Jesus, Paul declares that he is still trying to apprehend the One Who has already apprehended him. The height, width, breadth, length, and depth of this New Man, this Heavenly Man, is quite beyond what we can measure apart from Spirit-revelation. We are more familiar with and have more confidence in the old man than we do in the New Man. By the grace of God, this has to change. When we truly see the New Man we transcend the old man. And this, in a nutshell, is how God accomplishes the work of decreasing us and increasing Christ.

Share your comments:
http://infinitesupply.org/october1

THE SCHOOL OF CHRIST is dedicated to your spiritual growth and maturity through Christ-centered, Spirit-led, Scripture-based discipleship that focuses on relationship, not religion. To find out more about us, click here. You can also connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.

©2011 TheSchoolOfChrist.Org. Permission is granted for non-commercial (free) distribution provided this notice appears.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 30 Sep 2011, 5:46 pm

September 30, 2011

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments, and His ways past finding out!" ROMANS 11:33

To illustrate, let us imagine that we here on earth desire to reach the moon. That is a definitive goal which we can see. We can measure the distance and make plans to reach the moon. To us here on earth that is the ultimate in space exploration. Now let us imagine that one day we reach the moon. Just as we become acclimated to this enormous triumph, our eyes turn upward yet again and we see the vast expanse of space, the innumerable stars, planets, and galaxies, stretched out before us for more than 15,000,000,000 light years, and enlarging its borders faster than we could ever hope to keep up. We will never get to the end of it.

This, in a nutshell, is what it is to find ourselves lost in the depths of Christ. The more we know of Him, the less we realize we know.
Share your comments:
http://infinitesupply.org/september30

THE SCHOOL OF CHRIST is dedicated to your spiritual growth and maturity through Christ-centered, Spirit-led, Scripture-based discipleship that focuses on relationship, not religion. To find out more about us, click here. You can also connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.

©2011 TheSchoolOfChrist.Org. Permission is granted for non-commercial (free) distribution provided this notice appears.

September 29, 2011

"He who establishes us with
you in Christ and has anointed us is God."
2 CORINTHIANS 1:21

If we have Him then we have everything that is in Him already. If only we can get less of everything else, there will be more of Him revealed! With less of me there will be more of Him.

Jesus said that "only One Thing is needed," but like Martha, we have become troubled over "many things" (Luke 10:40-42). When those many things are discarded, and we are decreased, then we are free to focus our attention on the One Thing that really matters, and Christ is increased in us. This is why we say that spiritual growth is not more knowledge or increase of years; it is simply more of Him and less of me. He increases as I am decreased. This is what it means to be a disciple. This is how Christ becomes preeminent over us individually. It does not happen all at once, but over the process of many temptations, tests, trials, and a fair amount of suffering. I call it being reduced to Christ.
Share your comments:
http://infinitesupply.org/september29

©2011 TheSchoolOfChrist.Org. Permission is granted for non-commercial (free) distribution provided this notice appears
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 29 Sep 2011, 9:39 am

September 27, 2011

"I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you..." EPHESIANS 4:1 ESV
To be the prisoner of the Lord means that we accept the sentence of death and are resigned to our fate. We are not the Lord's prisoner if we are still protesting our innocence. If we do not agree with the Lord that Self is worthy of death then we unnecessarily delay the inevitable.

If we must take up the Cross and be crucified, it is better to submit ourselves to it as Christ did, giving up our spirit into the Father's hands, and bowing our head in peace. So let us drink the Cup that the Father gives us. If we struggle and protest, like the two thieves, then we only prolong our agony, and the soldiers must come and break our legs. Either way, the Cross means death. The sooner we surrender to it, the sooner we find Resurrection.

Share your comments:
http://infinitesupply.org/september27

September 28, 2011

"When you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing." MATTHEW 6:3

Jesus did not advocate anonymous charity in order to make us paranoid or fearful of being caught doing a good deed. He did it to liberate us, to enlarge us, to help us experience the pure joy of a no-strings-attached gift, to ensure we would not become proud, and very importantly, to prevent others from rewarding, manipulating, regulating, or expecting us to give to them on a continual basis apart from His direction.

He understood how easily people, even with the best of intentions, make value judgments of others based on material possessions. He obviously didn't want that to be the case among His people.He understood how easily people, even with the best of intentions, make value judgments of others based on material possessions. He obviously didn't want that to be the case among His people.

Share your comments:
http://infinitesupply.org/september28

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 25 Sep 2011, 5:05 pm

September 25, 2011

"You younger people, submit yourselves to your elders. Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility."
1 PETER 5:5
If our desire is for maturity, that is, if we desire to come to the full-knowledge of Christ and grow up into Him in all things, we should naturally pay attention to those who are elder in the Lord. My elder brother, or my elder sister, has walked with the Lord longer than I have. The implication is that they are more conformed to the image of Christ than myself; they have experienced a deeper work of the Cross than I have; thus, they have more practical wisdom than I do, they have something to teach me, and I need to hear Christ in them so I, too, can grow.

It should be obvious to you who is, and who is not, your elder in the Lord. And, it should be plain to see that not everyone who is older is necessarily elder. If you say you are a believer but you live no differently from the world, then you can be as old as Methuselah yet you are certainly not an elder.

Share your comments:
http://infinitesupply.org/september25

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 24 Sep 2011, 7:00 pm

September 24, 2011

"It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me." GALATIANS 2:20
Most of us are still trying to attain something and have not yet realized that we have already obtained it. We wear ourselves out in order to be Christ-like. We are hoping that through much effort we will one day reach some standard to which we can finally say we are living like Jesus. But this is not God's way.

It is not a changed life that God seeks from you, but an exchanged life - that is, your life is to be given up in exchange for His Life. That is the exchanged Life: my life for His Life.

Share your comments:
http://infinitesupply.org/september24

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 23 Sep 2011, 5:51 pm

September 23, 2011

"You are our Father; we are the clay, and You are our potter." ISAIAH 64:8 ESV
I went to a pottery once and watched the potter form a lump of clay into a jar. He demonstrated the technique and in his skilled hands the jar began to take shape. But there was something about it that was not quite right, something was a little off. I didn't see anything wrong with it, but the potter did. So he just crushed the whole thing back into a shapeless lump like it was no big deal and started again.

Notice that he did not throw the lump away and say the lump was no good. Nor did he blame the lump for not turning out correctly. Nor did he get angry, frustrated, or upset. It was just easier for him to start over with the lump and work with it until it was perfect.

Well, that was encouraging to me! The lump really couldn't do anything to help itself get any better, or make itself more worthy. It was just a lump, yielded to the potter's hands.

Share your comments:
http://infinitesupply.org/september23

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 22 Sep 2011, 1:58 pm

September 22, 2011

"He who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations." REVELATION 2:26
The Remnant is not an exclusive, elitist circle of super-spiritual saints. Not at all. The promises are made to the "whosoevers."

Anyone can be a friend of God! Anyone can overcome! But we know that everyone will not. Why won't they? I wish I knew why, I wish I could explain it, but I cannot explain it, and I just know it is a fact that everyone will not go on with God. We know it from history, we know it from looking around us right now. Everyone is not going to press into God, everyone is not going to seek His Kingdom, everyone is not going to lay down their life and follow Jesus. Not that they CANNOT, but they WILL NOT.

Anyone can, everyone won't (in fact, a large majority will not), but SOMEBODY will. That group of "somebodies" who will is the Remnant.

Share your comments:
http://infinitesupply.org/september22

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 21 Sep 2011, 1:10 pm

September 21, 2011

"You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain."
JOHN 15:16
When we allow the Holy Spirit to increase Christ, and when we allow the Cross to do its work of decreasing Self, the fruit will come forth in abundance. This makes everything we experience worthwhile. What is the fruit of the Spirit? It is the reward, the prize, the end result of all those seasons of increasing and decreasing: the character and nature of Christ reproduced in a person. It is the precious Seed finally coming into maturity.

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, self-control. Against such there is no law (Galatians 5:22,23). Fruit is not how much work we can accomplish or how many things we can do for God. Fruit is, "How much of Christ can be seen in me instead of me?" The fruit of the Spirit is found in the transformed character of someone who walks with Jesus in the Difficult Path.

Share your comments:
http://infinitesupply.org/september21

©2011 TheSchoolOfChrist.Org. Permission is granted for non-commercial (free) distribution provided this notice appears
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 20 Sep 2011, 5:21 pm

September 20, 2011

"We rejoice in Christ Jesus,
and have no confidence in the flesh."
PHILIPPIANS 3:3
Can you see that "Self-Esteem" actually takes you further away from Christ-Esteem? Self-esteem increases Self. But Paul said we rejoice in Christ Jesus and have no confidence in the flesh. When I have lost confidence in myself then I can put all my confidence in Christ. He is increased as I am decreased.

Some years ago I was teaching at a men's retreat. I was met at the airport and we stopped to get something to eat on the way to the retreat area. The brothers were excited and looking forward to the weekend. One of them exclaimed, "I just want more of the Lord! More of the Lord!" I was about to agree when the Holy Spirit gave me a flash of new understanding. I said, "Brother, it is not more of the Lord that we need; we just need less of everything else!" Of course there is nothing wrong with wanting more of the Lord, but there is so much that gets in the way of Him already.

Share your comments:
http://infinitesupply.org/september20

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 19 Sep 2011, 6:32 pm

September 19, 2011

"Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me." JOHN 15:4
It is never a question of how to get the Life to flow, or how to get the Lord to move. To tap into the Infinite Supply it is only a matter of being yielded to the Lord and emptied of ourselves. When this happens then the Life will flow of its own accord.

On the negative side, this Life answers to every assault of the Adversary and stops his harassment against us. On the positive side, this Life supplies us with all the spiritual resources we need to maintain our abiding relationship with the Lord Jesus. With less of me, there will be more of the Lord: this is a spiritual law. Therefore, "He must increase, but I must decrease" (John 3:30).

Share your comments:
http://infinitesupply.org/september19

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 18 Sep 2011, 5:39 pm

September 18, 2011

"In the world you will have tribulation;
but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." JOHN 16:33
Since we cannot avoid having tribulation in this world, we might as well make the best possible use of every circumstance we find ourselves in.

Begin to see all your temptations, tests, and trials as opportunities for growing, maturing, and learning how to live as an Overcomer. Then your problem will become your greatest opportunity for knowing God - for the depth of your revelation is measured by the depth of your suffering.

Share your comments:
http://infinitesupply.org/september18

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Sep 2011, 4:55 pm

September 17, 2011

"His mother said to the servants,
'Whatever He says to you, do it.'"
JOHN 2:5
If only we would heed this advice from Mary. To be sure she has learned this in years gone by. Through many experiences she has at last learned where to go. Her automatic reflex now is to go to Jesus and lay the problem at His feet: "They have no wine." That is all. In this relationship she makes no demands, she does not even ask Him outright to do something. He knows what she means. It is an understanding that is borne out of relationship.

This, brothers and sisters, is the whole purpose for the trial you find yourself in. It may be that you have no oil, no bread, no fish, or no wine. Whatever the situation, bring your problem to the Lord of Infinite Supply, and do whatever He says to do. He wishes to reveal His glory in you. He longs to see His Power displayed through your weakness. The very thing you see as a problem is really an opportunity to see Jesus in a depth you cannot otherwise see.

Share your comments:
http://infinitesupply.org/september17

September 16, 2011

"Cast out this slave woman with her son,
for the son of this slave woman shall not be
heir with my son Isaac." GENESIS 21:10 ESV
Often the greatest hindrance to the best is the good. The greatest hindrance to Isaac is Ishmael.

There are many good things we can create, many good things we can do. But only one thing is needed (Luke 10:42). We have to discover the "one thing," and we only discover it when we are seated at the feet of Jesus. When we are only motivated by what JESUS needs, not what MAN needs and not what we think WE need, then we are on the path of continual and perpetual blessing.

Share your comments:
http://infinitesupply.org/september16

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 15 Sep 2011, 3:22 pm

September 15, 2011

"Do not worry about tomorrow."
MATTHEW 6:34
Most of us, from time to time or nearly all of the time, worry about something - our health, our finances, our loved ones, and so on. Yet the Scriptures say to take no thought for your lives and be anxious for nothing. Why is worry a sin? I know we consider it "only human," but worry really implies a lack of trust in God. It is believing a lie. Identify the lie and you can quickly discover the Truth. What is the lie? That God is somehow less than sufficient, that perhaps He will not come through for us.

So you see, the enemy gets us to believe a lie, and then gets us to think that we are just being "human." So then we accept something less than the normal Christian life - overcoming - and think that is just the way it is. Remember: satan has no power apart from our belief in his lie.

Share your comments:
http://infinitesupply.org/september15

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 14 Sep 2011, 1:56 pm

September 14, 2011

"Our old man was crucified with Him."
ROMANS 6:6
Thank God for the Cross of Jesus Christ! For it is there that my sins are forgiven; it is there that the "old man" died. Yet it is also true that there is something as wicked, if not more wicked, than sin, and that is Self. It is true that every sin is rooted in Self.

As we must initially accept His death for sin, so we must daily accept our death to Self. As we are once crucified with Him for the remission of sins, so we must daily take up the Cross, deny our Self, and follow Him. We walk in the narrow Way just as we entered the narrow Gate - by way of the Cross.

Share your comments:
http://infinitesupply.org/september14

September 13, 2011

"Suddenly a great light from heaven shone around me. And I fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to me, 'Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?'" ACTS 22:6,7
All it takes is a millisecond of time for the Revelation to strike you down. I recall when I first received the Revelation of Jesus Christ. I had had many religious and spiritual experiences up to that point, more than the average person. I had been a pastor and teacher for many years. I thought I really knew the Lord. But one day God revealed His Son IN me. I was sitting in the backyard reading the Word and without warning, in my heart of hearts, I "saw" (not with my eyes, but inwardly) Jesus seated at God's right hand, and I saw myself raised and seated with Him in heavenly places (Ephesians 2:6).

That day was like walking out of one room and into another, closing the door behind me. I got a glimpse into another world. I saw the real Jesus and realized He was nothing like flesh and blood had said. Hallelujah!

Share your comments:
http://infinitesupply.org/september13

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:50 pm

September 12, 2011

"He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world... according to the purpose of His will." EPHESIANS 1:4,5 ESV
God is not random. He doesn't act without a Purpose, without a Plan, without some big Universal Goal. He is not haphazard or accidental. As much as a writer envisions the completed book before he begins to write it, and as much as the artist envisions the portrait in her head before she begins to paint it, God sees what He wants and "all things work together for good... according to His Purpose" (Romans 8:28). Creation bears witness to a purposeful, intentional Creator and so do we. Just as the days of Creation unfold and we see a progressive revelation of the heart, intention, purpose, mind, and will of God taking shape in Creation, you can rest assured that through successive ages God is bringing about His Will, not just in the physical world, but in the spiritual world.

Share your comments:
http://infinitesupply.org/september12

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 11 Sep 2011, 9:46 pm

September 11, 2011

"By grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast." EPHESIANS 2:8,9
When you come to the Lord Jesus for the first time, regardless of the circumstances, it means that on some level you have come to the realization that you cannot save yourself, that salvation is only possible through Him. No one seeks a Savior if they believe they can still save themselves. Only when you realize that you cannot save yourself will you acknowledge your need for Someone Else to do the saving. This is usually not the result of some intellectual argument or emotional plea, but the cold hard reality one faces after having tried unsuccessfully to do everything on their own.

We may fail once, twice, a dozen times, a hundred times. But when we finally surrender to God we are decreased, and He is increased. Practically speaking it simply means a little less confidence and faith in yourself, and a little more confidence and faith in Christ.

Share your comments:
http://infinitesupply.org/september11

September 10, 2011

"You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world."
1 JOHN 4:4
John declares that no matter what comes against us, the One within us is Greater. It does not matter what you feel like, what you see, what you hear, what people say, or what the devil does. It does not matter if Lazarus is dead for four days and is beginning to stink. It does not matter if the girl dies before Jesus can get there. It does not matter if the waves are about to capsize the boat. It does not matter if Paul is stoned and left for dead. Lazarus will be raised, the girl will be brought back to life, and the storm will be silenced, and Paul will preach again.

The Greater is always Greater, and the Lesser is always Lesser. We only have a problem when we see everything else as "greater" and see Christ as "lesser."

Share your comments:
http://infinitesupply.org/september10

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 09 Sep 2011, 5:25 pm

September 9, 2011

"The Lamb will overcome them, for He is
Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful." REVELATION 17:14
The Lord is calling out for Overcomers, those who have the Revelation of Christ and who bear the Testimony of Jesus; those who demonstrate the preeminence of Christ over all things. That is your purpose as a Christian - in fact, it has always been God's purpose for saving you and leaving you on the earth, whether you have realized it or not. You are NOT on the earth to be constantly disappointed, discouraged, and defeated. You are on the earth to demonstrate the preeminence of Christ; to show the world that "the heavens do rule."

A defeated Christian is a contradiction: it is not your destiny. Rise up and live according to the truth: that Victory is a Man, and He lives inside of you, and the One Who lives within you is greater than whatever comes against you.

Share your comments:
http://infinitesupply.org/september9

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 08 Sep 2011, 3:43 pm

September 8, 2011

"What does the Lord require of you but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?" MICAH 6:8
According to Vines Expository Dictionary of Bible Words, "Mercy is the outward manifestation of pity; it assumes need on the part of him who receives it, and resources adequate to meet the need on the part of him who shows it."

Ideally, forgiveness is based on repentance; but whether or not a person repents and asks for forgiveness, they are still in need of mercy (even if they do not deserve it). If nothing else, we can pray that a merciful God will open their eyes and show them their true condition. The question is not whether or not someone deserves mercy, but whether or not they need mercy, and whether or not my spiritual life is rich enough to extend it to them.

Share your comments:
http://infinitesupply.org/september8

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 07 Sep 2011, 4:55 pm

September 7, 2011

"You seek Me, not because you saw the signs, but because you ate of the loaves and were filled." JOHN 6:26
The ones who seek bread from the Lord will be temporarily filled, but all who seek the Lord as Bread will be constantly satisfied. What is more, they will have resources from which to feed others.

It is a shame that many Christians only seek to be filled, and still they are never satisfied. They are content with a meager pittance, for a few crumbs from the table (Mark 7:28). They are constantly obsessed with being filled. To such ones we can only say that it is time to seek the Lord, not for what He can give you, but for Himself.

Share your comments:
http://infinitesupply.org/september7

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 06 Sep 2011, 11:09 am

September 6, 2011

"Daniel purposed in his heart that he
would not defile himself with the portion of the king's delicacies, nor with the wine which he drank." DANIEL 1:8
The easiest thing to do is to just go along with things, accept them as they are, and not make any trouble. But thank God for that decision! Daniel purposed in his heart - a flame was kindled, and the longer he thought about it, the hotter the fire burned.

While the others were eating and drinking, Daniel motioned to his three friends, and whispered, "Eat mine if you will have it - but I will not sin against the Lord in this thing!" And the three brothers, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, agreed that they would not eat the meat or drink the wine either. Hallelujah! This is what the Lord is after - a small company of two or three, gathered together under a covenant that they will stand for the Testimony of the Lord, for something Heavenly, regardless of the cost!

Share your comments:
http://infinitesupply.org/september6

September 5, 2011

"While they were talking and discussing together, Jesus himself drew near and went with them. But their eyes were kept from recognizing him." LUKE 24:15,16 ESV

You see that Christ is revealed or hidden from men as He so desires. So many professed disciples of the Lord Jesus fail to recognize Him.
Even His closest disciples are prone to doubt and unbelief. After the resurrection, Thomas declared, "I will not believe unless I see the scars and put my hand into the wound in His side." When Jesus therefore appeared to them He did not argue or try to convince Thomas. He simply said, "Look! See My hands and My feet!" When Thomas saw the Lord, he spontaneously cried out, "My Lord, and my God!" This is revelation. Revelation does not require any arguing or convincing, as if it all depends on how well we can make a defense of the Gospel. I see no argument in the Lord Jesus, I only see Him. Seeing Him, I am convinced, and no argument is necessary.

Share your comments:
http://infinitesupply.org/september5

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 04 Sep 2011, 8:58 am

September 4, 2011

"When John had heard in prison about the

works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples and said to Him, 'Are You the Coming One, or do we look for another?'"
MATTHEW 11:2,3
Have you discovered Him yet, and is He enough, or do you look for another? We do not proclaim the preeminence of Christ because it is a nice doctrine to believe in; for us, it is a matter of life and death, because everything hinges on whether or not Jesus is preeminent. If He is preeminent then He is Enough, and there is nothing else but Him, and there is nothing worth proclaiming except Him.

To John in prison, and to us wherever we may happen to be, Jesus says, "No, you did not make a mistake. I am the One, but I am more than you can imagine, more than you dare to dream. Blessed are they who are not offended in Me."

Share your comments:
http://infinitesupply.org/september4

September 3, 2011

"It pleased the Father that
in Him all the fullness should dwell."
COLOSSIANS 1:19
He must increase; therefore, He will increase, and He is increasing. It must be so, therefore it is so. It is so simple. He must increase. Why? Because God has ordained that Christ must have the preeminence in all things. He clearly does not have that preeminence in all things now; and so, He must increase until He does have the preeminence in all things.

This is a Universal Spiritual Principle because it is at work right now. Whether you believe it or not, whether you understand it or not, whether you like it or not; the Bible says it must be, and so it is.

Share your comments:
http://infinitesupply.org/september3

September 2, 2011

"Called... out of darkness into His marvelous Light." 1 PETER 2:9

The significant thing to be seen in Creation (and the encouraging thing to us spiritually) is that God, being God, could not and would not, permit this chaos, confusion, and darkness to continue indefinitely. His nature is to bring order, coherency, purposeful intention, and Light into the world.

We owe our physical life to the fact that God acted upon the chaos that existed in Genesis 1 and commanded Light to come forth. And we owe our spiritual life to the fact that God acts upon the chaos and darkness of our lives and commands His Light to come forth. The calling forth of Light out of Darkness is a spiritual principle that teaches us the ways of God. See how He sets aside Darkness with only a single command: "Let there be Light." It is even more simple in the Hebrew: "Light: BE!" And so it was.

Share your comments:
http://infinitesupply.org/september2

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 02 Sep 2011, 2:28 pm

September 1, 2011

"I am the light of the world." JOHN 8:12

Many people write to me and ask how to deal with this thing or that, how to get the victory here or there. May I say that it does not matter what your need is, or what your problem is, the Answer is the same. Victory is a Man, not an experience. If you must fail a hundred, a thousand, or a million times in order to learn that lesson then it is worth it.

It does not matter whether you understand it, agree with it, believe it, or see it yet. Indeed, everything else seems to say the opposite. But you will see, just as I have seen, that Victory, Grace, Strength, Peace, Love, Light, and Life are not "things," they are Christ, and having the Man, you have everything the Man is.

Share your comments:
http://infinitesupply.org/septemer1

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 31 Aug 2011, 4:06 pm

August 31, 2011

"He who does not take his cross
and follow after Me is not worthy of Me."
MATTHEW 10:38
It is unfortunate that after many years of service the Lord still has to call us back to the Cross, yet this is precisely where we should have begun. Although we ought to encourage people to come as they are and trust the Lord for salvation, we must also teach them that they must count the cost and take up the Cross: else they are not worthy of Jesus! God cannot fill us until He empties us. The Cross is where we are poured out that He may pour in.

Share your comments:
http://infinitesupply.org/august31

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 30 Aug 2011, 5:07 pm

August 30, 2011

"I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world."
JOHN 17:14
When we are called to put on the New Man we are challenged with something radical, something which by reason of Who He is must result in an upsetting of the natural, earthly order of things. It is a major upheaval. Why? Because this New Man is Totally Other. This New Man is of Heaven. This New Man is Spirit. This New Man is foreign from this world.

And when we put on THIS New Man, we are going to be at once set apart from the world and earmarked for something larger than we can fathom with our mind, something apart from flesh and blood, something we call "Spirit and Life."

Share your comments:
http://infinitesupply.org/august30

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 29 Aug 2011, 5:47 pm

August 29, 2011

"When you are old, you will stretch out your hands, and Another will dress you and carry you where you do not want to go."
JOHN 21:18 ESV
One characteristic of young disciples is their ability to dress and lead themselves. They find it very easy to go out and to come in. They are zealous and full of good works.

We are not suggesting that this is necessarily wrong, but we are suggesting that this is only the beginning stage of spiritual growth. The real question is not what need do I want to fill, or where do I want to go, or what do I want to say, or what do I want to do. The question is: what glorifies the Lord? Whenever "I" do something I consider spiritual and good, it is, nevertheless, "me" who does it.

Often we do what glorifies us - the Lord and His Need are seldom considered. But when we ask what glorifies the Lord, we see (in this passage at least) that the Lord is glorified when He is able to dress us and lead us where HE wants us to go - with no interference from Self.

Share your comments:
http://infinitesupply.org/august29

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next