World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 26 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 26 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Daily Encounter  More About Heaven EmptyToday at 12:25 am by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Daily Encounter  More About Heaven EmptyYesterday at 11:42 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Daily Encounter  More About Heaven EmptyYesterday at 11:37 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Daily Encounter  More About Heaven EmptyYesterday at 11:34 pm by Admin

» israelAM
Daily Encounter  More About Heaven EmptyYesterday at 11:30 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Daily Encounter  More About Heaven EmptyYesterday at 11:03 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Daily Encounter  More About Heaven EmptyYesterday at 10:21 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Daily Encounter  More About Heaven EmptyYesterday at 10:15 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Daily Encounter  More About Heaven EmptyYesterday at 9:26 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Daily Encounter  More About Heaven EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 11:21 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Daily Encounter  More About Heaven EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
Daily Encounter  More About Heaven EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:34 pm by Admin

» AISH
Daily Encounter  More About Heaven EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:18 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
Daily Encounter  More About Heaven EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:02 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Daily Encounter  More About Heaven EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 12:08 am by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Daily Encounter  More About Heaven EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024, 11:32 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Daily Encounter  More About Heaven EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024, 11:21 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Daily Encounter  More About Heaven EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024, 10:47 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Daily Encounter  More About Heaven EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024, 10:42 pm by Admin

» Strangling Israel slowly
Daily Encounter  More About Heaven EmptyMon 15 Apr 2024, 11:37 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Daily Encounter More About Heaven

Go down

Daily Encounter  More About Heaven Empty Daily Encounter More About Heaven

Post  Admin Sat 31 Jan 2009, 1:42 am

More About Heaven

"For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord."1

Here's an interesting question posed by a Daily Encounter reader: "When a Christian dies, does he go directly to heaven to be with the Lord, or does he remain in the grave until the resurrection and return of Jesus when the 'dead in Christ' shall rise?"

My challenger believed that I was in error saying that my friend who died is now in heaven with the Lord.

And certainly the Apostle Paul in today's scripture seems to indicate that when we die, we will remain in the grave until the Lord returns.

On the other hand, the Apostle Paul also said, "So we are always confident, even though we know that as long as we live in these bodies we are not at home with the Lord. That is why we live by believing and not by seeing. Yes, we are fully confident, and we would rather be away from these bodies, for then we will be at home with the Lord."2

Again Paul seems to indicate that when a Christian dies, he goes directly to be with the Lord in Heaven. He said, "For to me, living is for Christ, and dying is even better. Yet if I live, that means fruitful service for Christ. I really don't know which is better. I'm torn between two desires: Sometimes I want to live, and sometimes I long to go and be with Christ. That would be far better for me, but it is better for you that I live."3

I don't claim to be a theologian by any means, but it seems to me that it is our bodies that will be raised at the resurrection and return of the Lord … and that our soul/spirit goes directly to be with the Lord when we die. Keep in mind, too, that heaven is where God is.

As an interesting sidelight, another Daily Encounter reader shared the following: "When my grandmother (who was the strongest Christian woman I've ever known) was on her deathbed from cancer in her last moments, I vividly remember her having a smile on her face and saying, 'Oh my, Oh my!' I firmly believe that this was because she was seeing heaven. It is truly there!"

Either way, the most important thing of all is that we are ready to meet God face to face. I'm not in a hurry to prove my point as I hope by the grace of God I can keep publishing the gospel for many years to come.

Suggested prayer: "Dear God, how can I ever thank you enough for your great love and so great a salvation, and for the blessed hope I have as a Christian, knowing that after this life on earth is over, I will live forever with you in Heaven for all eternity. And because you loved me enough to die for me, please help me to love you enough to live for you all the days of my life or until Jesus comes to take me home to Heaven. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully, in Jesus' name, amen."

NOTE: If you are not sure that you will go to Heaven when you die, be sure to read How to Be Sure You're a Real Christian at: http://tinyurl.com/8glq9.

1. 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 (NIV).
2. 2 Corinthians 5:6-8 (NLT).
3. Philippians 1:21-24 (NLT).

<Smile)))><

Daily Encounter with Dick Innes. Published by ACTS International

Published by:
ACTS International

Report problems to ACTS International
©️ 1998-2008 by ACTS International
P.O. Box 73545
San Clemente, California 92673
U.S.A.