Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 2 Bots

Admin

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 111 on Thu 12 Dec 2013 - 2:28
Latest topics
» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Today at 20:23 by Admin

» ENDTIME HEADLINES
Today at 12:40 by Admin

»  The “Palestinian” refugee crisis FINALLY makes sense
Today at 12:24 by Admin

» THE CLARION PROJECT
Today at 12:10 by Admin

» WND EXCLUSIVE
Today at 12:04 by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman
Today at 11:29 by Admin

» Daily Disciples
Today at 11:23 by Admin

» REVELATION TV Don't miss VIDEO's, Reminders INFO of LIVE programs .
Today at 11:15 by Admin

» HEAVEN LETTERS
Today at 9:52 by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Yesterday at 22:59 by Admin

» Delrifkah: HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY.
Yesterday at 22:52 by Admin

» First Lady Melania Trump
Yesterday at 22:20 by Admin

» MASS SHOOTING High School US
Yesterday at 22:13 by Admin

» Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge Inspirational
Yesterday at 9:48 by Admin

» Daily Disciples
Yesterday at 9:45 by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Sat 19 May 2018 - 22:32 by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Sat 19 May 2018 - 22:17 by Admin

» Syria’s Assad leaves the country, visits Putin in Russia
Sat 19 May 2018 - 20:23 by Admin

» FULL CEREMONY: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Royal Wedding
Sat 19 May 2018 - 18:57 by Admin

» BREITBART NEWS
Sat 19 May 2018 - 12:43 by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Expert warns A.I. will be ‘billions of times’ smarter than humans

Go down

Expert warns A.I. will be ‘billions of times’ smarter than humans

Post  Admin on Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 23:23

Expert warns A.I. will be ‘billions of times’ smarter than humans and man needs to merge with i
Feb 13, 2018 | 2  |     
Expert warns A.I. will be ‘billions of times’ smarter than humans and man needs to merge with i
Artificial intelligence could be “billions of times smarter” than humans and people may need to merge with computers to survive, a futurist told CNBC on Tuesday. Speaking on a panel hosted by CNBC at the World Government Summit in Dubai, Futurizon’s Ian Pearson’s comments mirrored ideas put forward by Tesla CEO Elon Musk. “The fact is that AI can go further than humans, it could be billions of times smarter than humans at this point,” Pearson said. “So we really do need to make sure that we have some means of keeping up.
The way to protect against that is to link that AI to your brain so you have the same IQ… as the computer. I don’t actually think it’s safe, just like Elon Musk… to develop these superhuman computers until we have a direct link to the human brain… and then don’t get way ahead.” At the World Government Summit in 2017, Musk, who has warned about the power of AI in the future, said humans and machines must merge to still be relevant with the advent of more powerful technology. 
READ MORE https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/13/a-i-will-be-billions-of-times-smarter-than-humans-man-and-machine-need-to-merge.html

A.I. will be 'billions of times' smarter than humans and man needs to merge with it, expert says
Artificial intelligence could be "billions of times smarter" than humans and people may need to merge with computers to survive, a futurist told CNBC on Tuesday.
Ian Pearson, a futurist at Futurizon, said there will need to be a link between AI and a human brain.
Elon Musk said last year that humans must merge with machines to not be irrelevant in the age of AI.
Arjun Kharpal | @ArjunKharpal
Published 6:53 AM ET Tue, 13 Feb 2018  Updated 12:03 PM ET Tue, 13 Feb 2018
CNBC.com
 A.I. will be 'billions of times' smarter than humans, says expert A.I. will be 'billions of times' smarter than humans, says expert  
11:54 AM ET Tue, 13 Feb 2018 | 01:06
Artificial intelligence could be "billions of times smarter" than humans and people may need to merge with computers to survive, a futurist told CNBC on Tuesday.

Speaking on a panel hosted by CNBC at the World Government Summit in Dubai, Futurizon's Ian Pearson's comments mirrored ideas put forward by Tesla CEO Elon Musk.

"The fact is that AI can go further than humans, it could be billions of times smarter than humans at this point," Pearson said. "So we really do need to make sure that we have some means of keeping up.

The way to protect against that is to link that AI to your brain so you have the same IQ… as the computer. I don't actually think it's safe, just like Elon Musk… to develop these superhuman computers until we have a direct link to the human brain… and then don't get way ahead."

At the World Government Summit in 2017, Musk, who has warned about the power of AI in the future, said humans and machines must merge to still be relevant with the advent of more powerful technology.

"Over time, I think we will probably see a closer merger of biological intelligence and digital intelligence," Musk said in February 2017.

"It's mostly about the bandwidth, the speed of the connection between your brain and the digital version of yourself, particularly output."

Musk has founded a start-up called Neuralink that is aimed at just that.

Pearson said Tuesday that some jobs that don't require humans will disappear. AI and the impact on jobs has been a big theme at the World Government Summit this year.

On Monday, Sebastian Thrun, the CEO of education start-up Udacity, and one of the pioneers of Google's driverless car project, told CNBC that AI will turn us into "superhuman workers."

Arjun Kharpal
Technology Correspondent
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum