World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 23 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 23 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyToday at 12:25 am by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 11:42 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 11:37 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 11:34 pm by Admin

» israelAM
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 11:30 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 11:03 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 10:21 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 10:15 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 9:26 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 11:21 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:34 pm by Admin

» AISH
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:18 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:02 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 12:08 am by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024, 11:32 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024, 11:21 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024, 10:47 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024, 10:42 pm by Admin

» Strangling Israel slowly
Daily Disciples - Page 5 EmptyMon 15 Apr 2024, 11:37 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Daily Disciples

Page 5 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20 ... 36  Next

Go down

Daily Disciples - Page 5 Empty Re: Daily Disciples

Post  Admin Sun 21 Aug 2022, 10:40 pm

August 21

Today’s Reading: Psalms 107; 1 Corinthians 4

Today’s Thoughts: The Power of Imitation

"Therefore I urge you, imitate me." 1 Corinthians 4:16

We are masters at imitation. Whether we are copying someone else or they are copying us, we are continually being influenced and adapting our personality to the conformity of others. We may not realize that the things we do or wear or say are a result of imitating someone or something in our culture.

Paul understands these issues when he says to the Corinthians "imitate me." They were living in the world and enjoying being of the world. Paul knew that they needed a living example to follow. He became their example, a real person from whom to watch and to learn. Paul also knew that their only hope was in Jesus. He was the One they must ultimately learn to imitate.

Second Corinthians 4:18 says that, "we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal." Our focus should only be on Jesus Christ our Savior. This world and all that is in it will someday be gone. Where will you be when this happens? Do you choose your friends wisely, those who set the example in Christ as Paul did? Or are you influenced more by the world's temporary offerings, instead of Christ's eternal promises? How accountable are you to set godly examples for those who are imitating you? Ask the Lord to help you become the role model and example that He wants you to be for others. His Holy Spirit will guide you in this role.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.

Daily Disciples Ministries, Inc.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 20 Aug 2022, 7:13 pm

August 20

Today’s Reading: Psalms 105; 1 Corinthians 3

Today’s Thoughts: Constantly changing

For I will not contend forever, Nor will I always be angry; For the spirit would fail before Me, And the souls which I have made. - Isaiah 57:16

Christianity is like redecorating an older home. When you change the look of one room, suddenly you realize that the rest of the house does not look as good any more. The Lord does the same with us. He starts working on one area of our character and then suddenly we realize that a lot more change is needed.

How do we not get overwhelmed by it all? How do we prevent ourselves from getting discouraged? There are times, after I have been confronted with an issue, that I have wondered how I got along all these years without realizing that change was needed. Other times, after God addresses something, I have wondered why God has decided to work on these aspects of my character now. The saying, "He never gives up on you," is so true. Whether good or bad, the Lord takes you as His own and will make you like His own. He will not give up, even when we ask Him.

The only way to faithfully get through the refining process every day is by understanding the character of God. He is a God of love, patience, kindness and gentleness. He will never lead us where He cannot keep us. But for us to receive more of His blessings, He needs to make sure our own character can handle them. The Lord disciplines those He loves and desires for each of us to live in His abundant blessings. However, there is a level of responsibility with each blessing, and that requires change.

If you find yourself in the fiery furnace right now, find promises on the love of God. Think on these things. You will find yourself yielding to Him, with less resistance and you will get through just fine.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 19 Aug 2022, 8:37 pm

August 19

Today’s Reading: Psalms 103; 1 Corinthians 2

Today’s Thoughts: Our Father Helps Us

I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling. - 1 Corinthians 2:3

My children come to me the quickest and the loudest when they are weak, fearful or trembling. Someone knocked them down, something scared them or something just does not "seem fair." As they bare their concerns and worries to my listening ear, they regain composure to walk right back into the same exact situation. Usually nothing has changed, neither the circumstances nor the playmates, but by expressing those concerns to me, they were changed.

We need to remember that God is our heavenly Father.  He is waiting for us to come to Him and bare our souls. It is in those times of weakness, fear and trembling that we need to learn to talk to Him. We need His strength to get back out there again. I pray for this frequently. Why? Because, like Paul, I have found in my walk with Christ that, "when we are weak then He is strong" (2 Corinthians 12:10). God's strength is made perfect, or complete, in weakness.  In times of helplessness and panic, I find hope and peace only when giving those burdens to Christ.  And after sensing His strength and power flowing through that weakness, fear and trembling, I know without a doubt that the living God alone has heard my cry.  The situation or circumstance may not change but I change and when I change, He gets the glory.  

Today, give God whatever situation is making you feel weak, fearful and helpless.  Ask Him to fill you with His power and wisdom.  Ask Him to work a miracle and change the situation, or ask Him to just change you—which also would be a miracle.  Record it and watch what God does. 

Pray about it:  Oh Lord, I pray that You may increase and I may decrease (John 3:30). I pray that your power may be perfected in my weakness, for I know that when I am weak, You are strong.  I want to draw from Your strength today.  Use me for Your glory.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 18 Aug 2022, 4:23 pm

August 18

Today's Reading: Psalms 100; 1 Corinthians 1

Today's Thoughts: Thanks be to God

Make a joyful shout to the LORD, all you lands!
Serve the LORD with gladness;
Come before His presence with singing.
Know that the LORD, He is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.          
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, 

And into His courts with praise. 
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
For the LORD is good;
His mercy is everlasting, 
And His truth endures to all generations. - Psalm 100

Let us all be thankful for our freedom and for our founding fathers who laid the God-fearing foundation for this great nation. But above everything else, let us not forget the One who made us. We are God's people—we are His sheep and this nation is still His pasture. Take time today to give Him praise and thanksgiving for the true freedom that we have in His Son Jesus Christ. Make a joyful noise to the Lord! Pray for our nation today. As Christians, we should all be greatly concerned at how our lawmakers are turning away from God in their choices and decisions. God's mercy is everlasting but there is a day of judgment coming. Pray that our nation will turn back to the Lord. One by one, as Christians, we can make a difference. Let's start today.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 17 Aug 2022, 1:27 pm

August 17

Today’s Reading: Psalms 97; Romans 16

Today’s Thoughts: A Gentle Answer

A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. Proverbs 15:1

If a gentle answer turns away wrath, why do we choose to say harsh words? We hear harsh words everywhere we go. People seem to be so angry these days. The southern California freeways are notoriously known for drivers having "road rage." I do not even want to know what kinds of words are being spoken in the cars of others while driving.

Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. Our mouths are speaking right from our hearts. The difficulty with having a "gentle answer" is that the character trait of self-control has to be developed first. If we look at the fruits of the Spirit, the last one is self-control. It starts with love and ends with self-control. We all have the ability to speak gentle and kind words to each other when we want to be kind and loving. However, we do not want to be gentle and kind when we have been criticized or mistreated. These situations require self-control so we can watch our words and answer with gentleness and kindness.

I pray for self-control daily. Not only do I not want to regret my words, but also I really want my heart to reflect the Lord. I see the Lord's reflection in me when I hear the words that come from my heart. Listen to yourself today. What kind of words do you use? What kind of tone or attitude do you have? Are your words edifying and encouraging or destructive and negative? Then, when you get angry, evaluate your words again. God wants us to have peace: He left it and He gave it. Anger is not a sin but stirring anger up is. Pray for the Lord to take hold of your heart to help you to hold your words. Pray for self-control of your tongue.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 16 Aug 2022, 5:48 pm

August 16

Today’s Reading: Psalms 94; Romans 15:14-33

Today’s Thoughts: A Man who Found his Home

For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? - Mark 8:36

Several years ago, I had asked my neighbor if she knew of someone who did handyman work. She immediately replied, "Use Larry. He isa Christian and homeless. He only has a car and a beeper." I had seen this man frequently in the neighborhood. He was very clean-cut and polite.  While speaking to him, I knew that the Lord wanted me to ask him about his home life. I said to the Lord (in my mind), "But Lord he doesn't have a home."  I heard again, "His home in Heaven." So, I asked Larry about his home life and that sparked a long response as to what happened to him. Larry told me that he used to be a multimillionaire who lived in a 32-room mansion.  At first, I was not sure if I believed him, but my neighbor confirmed that his story was true. She knew Larry during those days. Through a variety of circumstances, he became homeless.  Now he lives in his car, doing handiwork jobs for a living and ministering to the homeless.  He said to me, "I have lived in the best addresses in Rancho Santa Fe but I'm no longer concerned about those addresses. I constantly keep my mind focused on my next Home address." He said that many people are living in homes but they are truly homeless because they are empty inside. They have no peace. He quoted me his favorite verses that he claimed on a daily basis:

“I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content in whatever the circumstances may be. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any, and every situation, whether well-fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want”  (Philippians 4:11-12 paraphrased).

After we finished talking with each other, I started meditating on those verses. I noticed that "I have learned" is mentioned twice. Learning to be content is a choice. Larry was not immune to fear, loneliness, worry or doubts. Larry had troubles but he trusted in Jesus' words. We are only passing through earth in these temporary tents to get to our eternal home in heaven. The world's promises do not bring peace, but Jesus brings peace. Remembering that we have a reservation in heaven keeps us focused on what matters most.

The fruit of Larry's homeless life has led many homeless and hopeless people to Christ. Larry learned to live for what matters most. Larry is now at his new permanent address as he went home to be with the Lord in his early 60s. Larry lived the second half of his life with nothing but a car and beeper; however, Larry gained everything because he lived his life here for his eternal home. 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 15 Aug 2022, 6:54 pm

August 15

Today’s Reading: Psalms 91; Romans 15:1-13

Today’sThoughts: Under the Shelter of His Wings

And He shall cover you with His feathers. And under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your a shield and buckler. - Psalm 91:4

Some summers ago, our family purchased a 6-week old male cockatiel. But it was around a month ago that I started noticing behavioral changes in Mercy as he began to softly sing songs, slowly rocking back and forth, while hiding in dark, quiet and soft places (like our sock drawer). He seemed to be nesting. Was Mercy having an identity crises or was our male bird “a girl”? One day, the mystery was solved as Mercy laid an egg.  She actually laid a total of 3 eggs during 1 week period of time. But with the first egg, Mercy took on the role of a mother. She would stay in the corner of the cage to protect the eggs. She did not want to get her eggs dirty so she would not leave any droppings while in the cage. Mercy waited until we lifted her off the eggs and got her out of the cage. She stopped chirping to not give away her position. Our little bird suddenly and instinctively changed. It was amazing.  

After watching how Mercy sheltered her eggs, I began to understand why God uses a bird’s wings to describe Himself to us. Mercy would skillfully gather her rolling eggs and gently sit on them. However, her little body was not big enough to cover all three eggs. So, she would then tilt her body slightly forward and gracefully expand her wings to keep the three eggs protected from injury and to keep the eggs very warm. She was completely determined and resolved to stay in this position to keep the eggs under her wings. Mercy would even sleep in this position as her head would fall forward and rest on the floor of the cage. Only if I lifted her off the eggs to eat, drink and exercise, would Mercy leave her eggs.

If this little bird would do all this for empty, unfertilized eggs, how much more does our Heavenly Father protect and comfort us? The Lord’s biggest difficulty with us must be that His little eggs have feet to get up and leave the nest! I suddenly realized that He honors our unwillingness to not stay under the shelter of His wings. It is not best for us but we have a choice.  

How many of us need to return to His nest? Do you need to find a place of rest and warmth by the counsel and comfort of His Spirit? God is faithful and during this difficult season in our economy, know that He never leaves you nor forsakes you. Rest in His nest as you open His Word and seek Him for wisdom and discernment. He will provide for us and protect us. It is God’s heart desire to gather us as chicks.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 14 Aug 2022, 3:35 pm

August 14

Today's Reading: Psalms 89; Romans 14

Today's Thoughts: Why Do We Suffer?

Yet it was the Lord's will to crush him and cause him to suffer, and though the Lord makes his life a guilt offering, he will see his offspring and prolong his days, and the will of the Lord willprosper in his hand. After the suffering of his soul, he will see the light of life and be satisfied; by his knowledge my righteous servant will justify many, and he will bear their iniquities. Isaiah 53:10-11

We struggle when we think that we will have to experience "trials of various kinds." Various kinds of trials invariably come with suffering. It does not take much effort to see that there is so much suffering, but we wonder: Why do Christians have to experience it when Jesus came to give us life abundantly? We frequently forget that the abundant life starts here, amidst all the suffering. We all know that there are more ways to suffer than just physically. Mental, emotional and circumstantial events can all bring aspects of suffering. At any given time, we could be faced with a serious trial by any one of these means. Why would God allow that to happen?

The word Christian means "little Christ." As Christians, we are not greater than our Master and His call on earth was to suffer. The NIV says that He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not (Isaiah 53:3). Jesus was filled with all the fruit of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control) while still suffering and in sorrow. That is the goal of the Christian's life. Despite all the emotional, mental, physical, circumstantial torment, we have love, joy, peace, patience—through it all.

The rain falls on the just and unjust alike. It falls on the saved and the unsaved. We are not spared from trials because we are Christians. But it is through the everyday issues of life that we are changed into Christ-likeness because of them. Jesus is our example as well as our intercessor who knows and understands whatever we are facing. Turn to face Him, knowing that the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 13 Aug 2022, 7:04 pm

August 13

Today’s Reading:  Psalms 87; Romans 13

Today’s Thoughts: Knowing Christ

But the Jews did not believe concerning him, that he had been blind and received his sight, until they called the parents of him who had received his sight. John 9:18

To open the eyes of the blind was a clear sign that Jesus was the Messiah. The religious leaders knew that no one could open the eyes of the blind. However, they did not believe that the man had really received his sight until his parents confirmed the fact that he had been born blind. The Jews choose to not believe that Jesus healed his sight.

Today, Jesus is still performing miracles as He gently touches us and others. He is still answering prayers on a daily basis. Nevertheless, like the Pharisees, we do not always appreciate the work of God because of the hardness of our own hearts. We personally want to tell God what He can and cannot do. We want to challenge the miracles and call them “coincidences” or deny that a miracle happened at all. We talk Christianity and try to exclude the "Christ."

I had a man say to me once that he tried “that Christianity stuff and it did not work”. He went on to tell me that he read the Bible, prayed and did good works within the church but it was only a phase. I then asked him the following questions: "Have you ever gotten down on your knees, begging God to cleanse you from your sins? Have you ever told the Lord that you only desired to live for Him, to serve Him and to follow Him wherever He wanted? Have you ever had such a hunger and thirst to read His words that He placed within His book just to get to know Him better? Did you ever want Jesus more than you wanted anything else and desired to please Him in everything you did?" He clearly and quickly answered, "NO." And I said, "Then I don't think that you ever came to know Jesus, and without Jesus, there is no Christianity." Christianity without Christ is just a lot of wasted time and effort, doing some good things that do not really matter. Jesus does not need us to do anything. He wants us to come to Him, listen to Him and enjoy His fellowship.

There are many reasons why we may want to be religious. God does not want our actions; He wants our hearts. When our hearts align with His, our actions will follow to please Him. No one has to pretend or try to act like a Christian. As you believe in Him, He will change you. Pray that your heart will stay soft to recognize the works of God in your life. Pray that the miracles of Jesus make a difference in your day and affect the lives of others. Pray that you see Him moving in you, touching you and healing you from the depths of your heart today. Jesus wants to gently and quietly love on you. God does not need you to play Christianity. God wants you to know Christ.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 12 Aug 2022, 4:55 pm

August 12

Today's Reading:  Psalms 84; Romans 12

Today's Thoughts: A Shepherd, Not A Hireling

But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them. The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep. John 10:12-13

Have you ever left something or someone in the hands of another person? Is it difficult to leave your child with a babysitter; or your home with a house sitter? For those of us who have left our "valuables" in the hands of another person, the feelings can be unsettling at times, regardless of how much we may trust the person. We know that their care and concerns are just not the same as ours. Why? Because we know that person is a "hireling."

Jesus uses this same illustration to show His care and concern for us. No one loves and cares for us more than Jesus. He is our Good Shepherd and we are His sheep. Jesus looks at each one of us as His very own precious little lamb. He treasures us so much that He would lay down His life for us. He would do anything to save us from harm or death. And that is exactly what He did: He gave His life for each one of us.

Take comfort today in knowing that you have a Good Shepherd watching over you. He watches you come in and go out. He knows your every move because He cares about your safety. If you should find yourself straying from Him, maybe venturing out too far, just listen for the sound of His voice. As a Christian, you are His lamb and part of His sheepfold. You will recognize His voice, just as a sheep recognizes its shepherd; and you will hear Him calling you back. Jesus never leaves us in the hands of someone else because He knows that no one will watch over His valuables more than Himself.  Trust in your Good Shepherd and know that He will never leave you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 11 Aug 2022, 9:22 pm

August 11

Today’s Reading: Psalms 81; Romans 11:19-36
Today’s Thoughts: Ministry

Therefore, since we have this ministry, as we received mercy, we do not lose heart.   2 Corinthians 4:1

Ministry is an interesting word. What defines a ministry? Is it a job in a church, a job outside of a church, or is everything in the Christian life somehow a form of "ministry"? Regardless of where or how ministry is conducted, one thing is true—

it is a tough job. If we are not careful, we can become very weary and discouraged in doing the work of the ministry.

I have noticed in my own experience that I need to be reminded repeatedly that God does the work. I just need to be faithful to do what He has asked of me today, depending on Him for everything. Somewhere during the busyness, I can forget what dependency feels like and try to make sense of ministry in my own flesh instead of relying on His Spirit. A good saying is: "Where God's finger points, there God's hand will make a way."

For those of you who are serving in a ministerial role, pray for the Lord to give you verses to anchor your ministry goals. While reading the Scriptures, look for a verse that expresses how you feel or your heart's desire. Keep searching the Scriptures and praying until you find at least one verse or one story that you can pray back to God and meditate on. Those verses will give you the strength to get through the trials as well as the focus to finish what you started. God will bring to your memory the Scripture throughout the days ahead when the times get difficult. God wants us to count the cost and be responsible in whatever service we do, but God takes us as His responsibility to get us through. And remember, we are all dealing with the same thoughts and struggles. You are not alone when serving the Lord.
So we must not get tired of doing good for we will reap at the proper time if we don't give up. 
Galatians 6:9

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 10 Aug 2022, 7:07 pm

August 10

Today’s Reading: Psalms 79:1-6; Romans 11:1-18

Today’s Thoughts: Do You Know This Jesus?

"The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me, Because the Lord has anointed Me To preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives, And the opening of the prison to those who are bound" - Isaiah 61:1 

I saw a dear friend the other day. We "just happened" to be parked next to each other on a street I have never parked on before. I have to say that the strangest circumstances and the oddest timing led me to that place. But I knew when I left her, God had orchestrated our meeting.

My friend told me a tragic story about a person I have watched grow in the Lord and have frequently prayed for. Hearing the details, I realized that my heart was grieving and crying out to God once again for this precious person. This world is sickened with sin. The wages of sin is death and this world will die.

When you face circumstances that taint the very face of God, it is difficult to know how to think, let alone pray. When evil seems to prevail over the innocent, we wonder and question and ponder if we really can trust God. We question where He is in those times. We question what He meant when He said He would never leave us or forsake us.  Are God's definitions different? Do we have to spiritualize everything that happens on earth, waiting to be vindicated only in heaven?

No and no. The Christianity that is represented today in most people is not the Jesus that I worship. I am sick and tired of Christians who quote verses to the hurting just to make themselves feel better. My Jesus can give you Living Water that heals every hurt at the depths of your broken and abused soul. We should not settle for what other Christians have to offer. We need Jesus. We need everything He has to offer. We need Jesus to reach down into the depths of our hearts to bring healing and life and liberty to the captive. He has come to set you free; do not settle for anything less. If you need help, let us know. We are here for you: the abused, the lonely, the confused, the disillusioned, the helpless.

You cry out to Him. You be honest. He will deliver you. Do not settle for anything less than a miracle that transforms your life so powerfully that you know Jesus Himself is holding your heart. That's Jesus' Christianity.

Do you know the real Jesus? Do you feel Him as you read His words? Are you empowered with supernatural eyes that see beyond the physical to experience the spiritual? Please do not settle for anything less. God has so much more for you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 09 Aug 2022, 12:28 pm

August 9

Today's Reading: Psalms 77; Romans 10

Today's Thoughts: Talk About Jesus

How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in?  And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard?  And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent?  As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"  But not all the Israelites accepted the good news.  For Isaiah says, "Lord, who has believed our message?"  Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ. - Romans 10:14-17

There are a lot of misconceptions about evangelism.  First, evangelism means to share the good news of Jesus Christ.  It is as easy as sharing your story (or testimony) of how Jesus Christ changed your life.  No one can argue with your own personal story, and you do not need to know any Scripture verses to share your story.

How do I witness or tell someone else about Jesus?  Well, there are three things that everyone loves to talk about: themselves, their work and their kids.  I start asking tons of questions about each of these three things, to let them talk. After they have shared about themselves, they usually ask me something about myself. Before answering, I pray silently to the Lord for the right sentence to direct the conversation to Christ. I want to use all that the person has shared in a way to lead the conversation to the Lord. God has always honored my desire to witness. He has always given me the words and I have seen the fruit. I have seen many people (complete strangers) come to Christ in a variety of places, from hospital beds to airplanes, and even on the phone to an operator in another state who was helping me make a hotel reservation!

People need Jesus. I believe that so firmly that I share Jesus with everyone I can. Jesus wants people to come to Him. We are the bridge between Jesus and the lost (through the Holy Spirit). A long time ago, I learned that it is better to say the WRONG thing than to say NOTHING at all. The Holy Spirit will use anything to minister to a heart, but the words have to be spoken for Him to use them. The Holy Spirit needs two things from each of us: a face and a voice. Paul said, "faith comes from hearing the message" and how will anyone hear without someone telling them? (Romans 10:17)

Tell the world about Jesus, starting with one person at a time. Be sure you ask them, "Do you want to pray with me right now to come to know Jesus?" You will be shocked by how many say, "Yes, I do."  And remember, God blesses obedience, not results.  Be obedient to share the gospel and leave the results to God.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 08 Aug 2022, 1:47 pm

August 8

Today's Reading: Psalms 74; Romans 9:16-33

Today's Thoughts: Wisdom with Self Control

Then Joseph could not restrain himself before all those who stood by him, and he cried out, "Make everyone go out from me!" So no one stood with him while Joseph made himself known to his brothers. - Genesis 45:1

Personally, I can't believe Joseph could keep his secret this long. Joseph had God-given self-control. Can you imagine how difficult it must have been to not reveal yourself to your brothers? Joseph handled this situation with such wisdom.

Wisdom and self-control are not natural traits. They have to be developed by and in a person. Wisdom is given by God and self-control is the last attribute listed in the fruits of the Spirit. It is through life experiences that we gain wisdom and it is through intense trials that we learn self-control, However, experience and trials do not necessarily mean that people become wise and self-controlled.

God desires to develop both of these traits in His children. When God can trust you, He entrusts you with greater gifts and callings. Obviously, God tests our hearts through a variety of trials in life. How we react and respond to those trials shows us where we place our trust. How often do we want to look to man or impulsively react to what we think is best? Patience, endurance, waiting and resting are not eagerly sought characteristics today. Thank the Lord that, in Christianity, we are under the covenant of grace which means that we can take the test over and over until we pass.

A person with wisdom and self-control blesses God and others, as well as himself. Joseph is a great role model for each of us. God was so gracious to give us an example of a man who endured years of trials and abuse but overcame the circumstances to be entrusted with governing Egypt. Ask the Lord to show you what's missing in your walk with Him. Then, ask for wisdom and pray for self-control.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 07 Aug 2022, 5:12 pm

August 7

Today’s Reading: Psalms 72; Romans 9:1-15

Today’s Thoughts: Jesus Has Been Waiting For You

Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me. - Revelation 3:20

I recently received an email from someone who I love very much. She was hurting and questioning the reason for all the pain. The following is a letter I wrote back to her. Today, you may be in the same place or know someone who is struggling with the same issues. We pray that these words minister to your heart.

Jesus has been waiting for you your whole life. He knows exactly where you are and how you feel. He knows what it is to suffer and hurt. Hebrews 4:15 says that we have a great High Priest who understands our sufferings and pain because He, Himself, endured so much more. Our only hope is Jesus. He is the only one who can heal you. And He will heal you, that is why He died. He had to die or we would all be lost. His Holy Spirit is now moving on your heart, which is why you are asking these questions. Your questions are really directed towards Him. All He wants from you is your heart, nothing more. All you have to do is let Him in—you will have no peace until you do. The Bible has your answers but you will not understand what the Bible says until you have been saved by the very blood that was shed when Jesus died. "He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities—and by His stripes we are healed" (Isaiah 53:5). 

He loves you and He wants you to be His child. You are precious in His sight. The Lord will give you answers but you must go through His Son, Jesus. John 14:6 says, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." Many people refuse to accept this truth but it is the truth. Jesus is the only way. I am going to give you the prayer to ask Him into your heart. Pray this prayer:

Dear Lord, I thank You for Jesus, whom You sent to the cross to die for me. I know, Lord, that I am a sinner. Please forgive me of my sins. Please cleanse me of them all and make me new today. Jesus, I ask You to come into my heart and save me. Please heal me and make me whole. Please fill me with Your Holy Spirit that I may understand Your Word and live a new life in You. Thank You for saving me. Thank You for loving me. Help me to live for You. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 05 Aug 2022, 3:31 pm

August 5

Today’s Reading: Psalms 68; Romans 8:1-21

Today’s Thoughts: Who is Greater Than My God?

1 Bless the Lord, O my soul! O Lord my God, You are very great: You are clothed with honor and majesty, 2 Who cover Yourself with light as with a garment, Who stretch out the heavens like a curtain. 3 He lays the beams of His upper chambers in the waters, Who makes the clouds His chariot, Who walks on the wings of the wind, 4 Who makes His angels spirits, His ministers a flame of fire. 5 You who laid the foundations of the earth, So that it should not be moved forever, 6 You covered it with the deep as with a garment; The waters stood above the mountains. 7 At Your rebuke they fled; At the voice of Your thunder they hastened away. 8 They went up over the mountains; They went down into the valleys, To the place which You founded for them. 9 You have set a boundary that they may not pass over, That they may not return to cover the earth. 19 He appointed the moon for seasons; The sun knows its going down. 20 You make darkness, and it is night, In which all the beasts of the forest creep about. 24 O Lord, how manifold are Your works! In wisdom You have made them all. The earth is full of Your possessions—Psalm 104:1-9, 19-20, 24

Take a moment and read these verses. Take even more time and read the entire Psalm 104. Sometimes we need to be reminded of God’s awesome power and greatness. This Psalm captures the beauty of the Lord in poetic imagery. We can read the verses and almost visualize God’s majesty. He is God and there is none other. He is worthy of all praise and worship.

Who covers Himself with light? God is light. Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain and lays the beams of His upper chambers in the waters? God. The same God moves upon the clouds as though they were His chariots and walks on the wings of the wind, because He made them. Who placed the waters in their place and put a border around them? God. The same God put the moon and the sun in their places, for seasons and for days, for light and for darkness. There is but one true God. Creator God. Sovereign Lord. Lord of heaven and earth.

And as if all of this is not enough, He created us in His image. He has a plan for each of us. He loves us beyond our understanding. And He wants to spend eternity with us. He has even prepared the place in heaven that awaits us. What do we have to do in return? Believe in His Son Jesus Christ, and receive the free gift of salvation. Take time today and praise the Lord, not just for all that He has done, but for  just  who  He is. 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 04 Aug 2022, 10:41 pm

August 4

Today's Reading: Psalms 66; Romans 7

Today's Thoughts: Relationship Over Religion

Therefore, as through one man's offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man's righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life. For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man's obedience many will be made righteous. - Romans 7:18-19

Religion says that we must follow rules and laws. Relationship says something different. We are “to be” not “to do.”Jesus just wants us to be with Him. You ask, "How can I be with someone I cannot see or touch?" Have you ever talked with someone over the phone and felt as though you were right there with them? And even with emails or letters, we can express and share love and support without touching or seeing the person on the other side. Why? Because we have a relationship with that person. We know them. We love them. We know they love us. Whatever the case may be, we have a personal connection. A true friendship does not require rules and guidelines but requires time, attention, forgiveness, communication, openness, unselfishness, honesty and most of all, love. Jesus wants more than just a relationship with us; He wants our friendship. Why is this relationship so important? 

When Adam and Eve sinned, all of mankind was doomed to death. One sin brought down every human being who would ever be born. From that moment on, we would all be born of sin, and death would be our destination. One sin is all it took to separate us from God. When Jesus died for us, His one act of sacrifice on the cross was all it took to restore us back to God. Through one man, death entered; through one Man, life was restored. We had no choice in being born. And we had no choice in the condemnation of sin that is within each one of us. But we have a merciful God who by His grace has given us a choice today. We have a choice to believe in His Son. We have a choice to accept His free gift of eternal life. We have a choice for total and complete restoration back to our heavenly Father. We cannot change what happened through Adam, but Jesus changed the outcome that awaits each of us. And not only has Jesus given us life eternal, but also He has given us His peace. There is no need to work or to try to earn His favor. His grace promises us unmerited favor and mercies that are new each morning, not through religion but through a relationship with Him.

Spend some time today just being with Jesus. Talk to Him. Walk with Him. Sit at His feet. He will meet you no matter where you are. Stop working, stressing, trying, and striving. Think of Jesus as you would your best friend. He will help you get to know Him better. Pray to have the relationship with Jesus that He wants to have with you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 03 Aug 2022, 4:20 pm

August 3

Today's Reading: Psalms 63; Romans 6

Today's Thoughts: Dead to Sin, Free to Live

Consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus. Romans 6:11

Even though you are dead to sin, sin's strong appeal will often cause you to struggle with feeling that you are more alive to sin than you are to Christ. But Romans 6:1-11 teaches us that what is true of the Lord Jesus Christ is true of us in terms of our relationship to sin and death. God the Father allowed His Son to "be sin" in order that all the sins of the world—past, present and future—would fall on Him (2 Corinthians 5:21). When He died on the cross, our sins were on Him. But when He rose from the grave, there was no sin on Him. When He ascended to the Father, He carried no sin on Him. And today, as He sits at the Father's right hand, there is no sin on Him. Since we are seated in the heavenlies in Christ, we too have died to sin.

Christ already died to sin, and because you are in Him, you have died to sin too. Sin is still strong and appealing, but your relationship with sin has ended. I've met many Christians who are still trying to die to sin, and their lives are miserable and fruitless as a result, because they are struggling to do something that has already been done. "For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death" (Romans 8:2).

Romans 6:11 summarizes what we are to believe about our relationship to sin because of our position in Christ. It doesn't matter whether you feel dead to sin or not; you are to consider it so because it is so. People wrongly wonder, "What experience must I have in order for this to be true?" The only necessary experience is that of accepting Christ on the cross, which has already happened. But as long as we put our experience before our belief, we will never fully know the freedom that Christ purchased for us on the cross. When we choose to believe what is true about ourselves and sin, and walk forward on the basis of what we believe, our right relationship with sin will work out in our experience.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 02 Aug 2022, 7:04 pm

August 2

Today's Reading: Psalms 60; Romans 5

Today's Thoughts: Just Pick Up the Phone

If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. - John 15:7  

My mother was over to visit yesterday and we talked about buying tickets for a stage play coming at Christmastime. We both were unsure of what kind of seats to buy. My mom said to me, “Call your aunt. She went to see that play last year and she will know.” I hesitated to call her so my mom picked up the phone and called. When my aunt (my mom’s sister) answered, my mom didn’t even say, “Hello” but just asked the questions. My mom received the answers and hung up.

The Lord impressed upon me the difference between relationships. If I were to pick up the phone and call my aunt, I would have to go through a whole bunch of introductory comments first. I would have to say, “Hi, how are you? I haven’t talked to you in a while. What’s new?” and then, I could ask the questions. Because my mom talks to my aunt frequently, their relationship is different and their conversation just continues where they left off.

That is how it is with the Lord. When we develop this relationship with Him, we can just start talking and asking Him whatever is on our mind. However, if we haven’t spoken to the Lord in awhile, then we sense the need to reintroduce ourselves to get on the same page before really sharing our hearts. God wants a close relationship with us. He is very near to us; He is in our mouths and in our hearts. The kind of relationship we choose to have is up to us. I have had both kinds of relationships with the Lord and I can tell you that you will have so much more peace when you are closer to Him. Today, ask the Lord to help you learn to draw close to Him. You will find that you don’t even have to dial the phone to get His answers.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 01 Aug 2022, 10:07 pm

August 1

Today’s Reading: Psalms 57; Romans 4

Today’s Thoughts: Fear is Contagious

The officers shall speak further to the people, and say, 'What man is there who is fearful and fainthearted? Let him go and return to his house, lest the heart of his brethren faint like his heart.' Deuteronomy 20:8

Today’s verse is taken from a message that God gave Moses to give to the Israelites in preparation for their battles in the Promised Land. The Lord began preparing the people before they crossed the Jordan River to encourage them that He was with them and would fight for them. The Lord made a point of addressing the danger of fear in their hearts. He tells the “fearful and fainthearted” to stay out of the battles and to go home instead. Why? Because fear is contagious.

The message for us two-fold: we need to be aware of how our fears influence others and we need to be wise of those whose fears can influence us. Fear is a deadly weapon and a powerful tool used by the enemy. Unfortunately, it is easier said than done to rid ourselves of fear. Even if we can identify our fears, this does not mean we can overcome them on our own. The first step is to be honest with ourselves and with the Lord. When we bring our confessions to Him, the healing process begins. The next step is to read God’s Word and believe what it says. Faith and fear cannot exist together. Faith is built on knowing and believing the Word of God.

Does it still take time to change old habits? Yes.

Will the Lord lead us to make certain changes? Yes.

Are we responsible for following  God’s guidance? Yes.

And, will the enemy continue to remind us of our fears? Yes!

But, the Truth sets us free, if we are truly willing to believe and apply it to our lives. Today, if you are struggling with fear, examine your closest influences and the fears they may be invoking. Ask for wisdom in how to handle them. It is hard to fight your own battles when others are bringing discouragement. Be honest with the Lord in your personal battles with fear and prepare your heart to take a stand against the lies of the enemy. Christians in the world today are in warfare from all sides but Jesus told us to be of good cheer for He has overcome the world (John 16:33). It is our faith that is the victory that overcomes all of the fears that the world brings (1 John 5:4). The Lord will go before you and fight for you, just as He did for the Israelites.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 31 Jul 2022, 3:56 pm

July 31

Today’s Reading: Psalms 54; Romans 3

Today’s Thoughts: His Most Precious Gift

His lord said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.' - Matthew 25:23

My husband bought me a watch for my birthday. When I first received it, I cherished it and admired its beauty, not thinking too much its function. As time passed; however, I noticed that I was becoming careless with it. When talking on the phone, I would take it off, not noticing where I placed it. I would take it off by the sink and leave it there. One morning, I could not find the watch. I began to panic. Where did I leave it? It was amazing just how sentimental and valuable that watch became again.

As Christians, we sometimes treat our salvation the same way I treat my watch. At first, we cherish our salvation, knowing that it is a gift too precious to ever earn.  We thank God for the privilege of knowing Him and we praise Him for His Spirit dwelling inside us. Then as time passes, we take our Christianity for granted, mostly because we get used to being a Christian.

But what if we could lose our salvation? How are we treating this most precious gift? Are we careless or slothful? Do you share it with others? Are we thanking the Lord for it still… every day? Our salvation is the most precious of all gifts. How are we treating it? These are sobering thoughts. Personally, I want to be found faithful with the gifts and talents He has given me. These gifts are too valuable to be taken for granted. When all is said and done, I want to hear, “Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your Lord!”

Today, ask the Lord to impress upon you where your heart is. Do you really value all He has done for you and appreciate all that you have? Ask Him to convict you of any careless behavior that is not pleasing to Him. At any time, you can ask the Lord to forgive your careless behavior regarding the privilege of knowing Him. Then, ask the Lord to return the joy of your salvation to lead others to Him. Jesus has given Himself to you as a gift; nothing is of greater value than that.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 30 Jul 2022, 6:38 pm

July 30

Today's Reading: 2 Kings 24; John 5:1-24

Today's Thoughts: Your Sabbath

Jesus said to him, "Rise, take up your bed and walk." And immediately the man was made well, took up his bed, and walked. And that day was the Sabbath. The Jews therefore said to him who was cured, "It is the Sabbath; it is not lawful for you to carry your bed.” John 5: 8-9

God established the last day of the week—sundown Friday to sundown Saturday—as a day of rest. God said in Exodus 31:13-17 that in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth. On the seventh day, he rested and was refreshed. The Israelites were to observe the Sabbath as a covenant with God. They were to put aside their normal business of sowing, reaping, treading the wine press, carrying burdens and unnecessary travel. They were to call the Sabbath a delight, a holy day of the Lord (Isaiah 58:13). The Sabbath was created so that the people could rest from the busyness of life and find refreshment and restoration in the worship of God. He did not restrict the deeds of necessity (like eating), service to God (the priests’ roles) or acts of mercy (kindness to others including helping animals).

God did not say He stopped working in helping, healing, saving or doing good deeds. Even the Jews agreed that God was "working" because the universe remained intact. A common saying among the Jews was that God did not stop creating or judging on the Sabbath. And so the Jewish religious leaders felt the liberty to become good at judging on the Sabbath also. The Jews wrote volumes of books to define the limitations of work, yet created more burdens in the process.  However, the real burden was that they had taken the Sabbath, God's gift to man, and had transformed it from a day of rest to a day of rules, regulations and restrictions.

Jesus came to set us free and to restore the Sabbath to what it was meant to be. Jesus defined the Sabbath differently. Jesus said in Mark 2:27 that "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath."  The Sabbath was given so man would rest. The Sabbath was not given for man to worship the day of rest, but to rest in the worship of the Lord, by stopping his everyday work. Jesus got the religious leaders’ attention by continuing to heal and touch lives on the Sabbath. He healed an invalid of 38 years on the Sabbath.  The Jewish leaders scorned the newly healed man for following Jesus' instructions by carrying the mat he had laid on for 38 years. This man's burden was the sin that bound him, not the mat he carried on the Sabbath.

Because of Jesus' work, we entered into rest spiritually (Hebrews 4). We no longer need to try to keep laws and rituals seeking God's approval. We are saved by grace. Jesus has done it all. Take your Sabbath and spend time with the Lord and let Him give you rest.

Daily Disciples Ministries, Inc
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 29 Jul 2022, 9:31 pm

July 29

Today's Reading: Psalms 49; Romans 1

Today's Thoughts: Would you have supported Jesus’ ministry?

For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "The just shall live by faith." - Romans 1:17

Would you have liked to have lived during the ministry years of Jesus?  Do you think you would have sponsored His ministry? In haste I would answer, “Why…yes, I would have liked to have been one of the disciples.”  But after pondering these questions, I realized that His teachings would have been hard for me to understand. Firstly, none of his listeners or disciples had the indwelling Holy Spirit (John 7:39) so they could not understand many of Jesus’ teachings. Also, the things Jesus did and said would not have been consistent with what I thought He should do or say. For example, He would heal someone, then tell them not to tell anyone. He would say things like: “the Son of Man has no place to lay his head,” “go, sell your possessions and give to the poor,” “unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.” People were confused and divided over Jesus. His ministry stumbled others because man tried to define who God should be according to their wisdom and their standards.

We are still struggling with that problem today. How many times have you wondered if a circumstance in your life was from God or Satan? And—think of your prayer life. Can you say it has a tendency to reflect the will of the Father or your will?  We get confused because a lot of times our flesh pleads louder than our spirit. Even as believers, we have our own ideas of what God should do and how He should do it. And if Christians struggle with this, and we have the word of God and the Holy Spirit, think of what the people of the world are up against. The world wants to worship something that makes sense to them. The world wants to see, hear and do what feels good to them. That’s not God’s way. God is pleased when we walk by faith. God desires that we give thanks in all circumstances regardless of how we feel. The Lord wants us to persevere in faith instead of please our flesh.

I had a friend who died at age forty-two, leaving eight kids, from ages two to thirteen. Every part of me was telling God that I couldn’t support His decision to let her die. My attitude reflected my struggle in that I was questioning God’s ways over my friend’s death. My family tried to help me get through this tough time. Even my kids reminded me that God’s ways are not our ways. The righteous shall live by faith…no matter how it feels, or how weak we are, or how confusing the circumstances may be. We need to have an attitude of worship in our thoughts, our actions and our words. I want to sponsor Jesus here on earth regardless of what I think or how I feel because when I meet Him face to face, I want Him to sponsor me.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 28 Jul 2022, 4:47 pm

July 28

Today’s Reading: Psalms 46; Acts 28

Today’s Thoughts: Watching the Clouds

And when he had said these things, as they were looking, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. And while they were looking steadfastly into heaven as he went, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;  who also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was received up from you into heaven shall so come in like manner as ye beheld him going into heaven. - Acts 1:9-11 

The apostles had the awesome privilege of watching the Lord ascend into heaven. They gazed up to the heavens as He departed on the clouds! No wonder they all stood in awe and amazement. I am sure they dealt with thoughts such as “Where are you going? Are you coming back? Can I go too? When will we see you again?” And even, “I can’t believe I am seeing this.” But the angels had an answer to all these questions. They said, “….come back….” As a result, the apostles fully and completely believed that the Lord would be coming back in their life time. Time was short, the message needed to get out. They lived every day for the Lord. Think about it...would you live differently if you thought the Lord was coming back today?

I asked the Lord to impress upon me the immanence of His return. I want every day to count for Jesus. I want to be looking for Him, listening to Him and ready for Him. Often, when I look into the clouds, I pray to see Him. To live every day as if today was the day of His return has changed my priorities, my desires and my focus.

Pray for eternal eyes. Pray for an excitement for His return. Pray to live as if He is coming back today. And ask the Lord to remind you of His promise to return every time you gaze into the clouds.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 27 Jul 2022, 3:31 pm

Daily Disciples - July 27
2022 Jul 27

July 27

Today’s Reading: Psalms 43; Acts 27:27-44

Today’s Thoughts: What If?

And a woman who has a husband who does not believe, if he is willing to live with her, let her not divorce him. For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy. 1 Corinthians 7:13-14

How many times do we, as adults, reflect upon our childhoods and wonder "what if?" What if my Christian mom would have left my non-Christian dad? Thoughts of my childhood bring a mixture of emotions. Growing up in a home with a father who did not know or believe in Jesus Christ was hard, even in the best of times. I felt the tensions, had fears, and though I did not understand everything, I knew we were in a battle. My mom fought one of those battles every Sunday, but somehow she persevered to get herself and two kids to church. Those mornings irritated and angered my dad. I now realize just how serious those battles were, for the warfare is not against flesh and blood but against spirits and principalities (Ephesians 6:12). But through His power and love, God gave my mother the strength to stay with my father. And because of the foundation my mother laid in the Lord, I learned to turn to God for help at a young age. God heard my prayers and I learned to trust in His protection, even in the midst of oppression.                                                         

Just recently, my mom and I talked about her relationship with my dad. I am so thankful she stayed with him. Paul says that the "unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife" and that the "children would be unclean, but now they are holy." God honors our desire to keep the commitment we make with our spouses and God knows that the children need both parents together. Even if only one parent knows the Lord, God blesses the home. Besides, we never know when the Holy Spirit will change the heart of the unsaved parent. As a child, I prayed every night for my dad "to be saved," and though he never went to church, my mom remembers the night he prayed the sinner's prayer after watching Billy Graham. He died soon after. We may not understand why God allows certain situations to be so painful and hard for so long, but He honors our desire to please Him over ourselves. What if my mother had chosen to leave my father? Yes, my life would have been different but I am so thankful that my mother stayed.

God gave us His strength when we were weak. God gave us hope when we despaired. Because of those years, I learned to cry out to God and depend on Him at a young age. I learned invaluable lessons that have shaped my faith today. Despite your circumstances, no matter how dreadful they seem, God is with you. Turn to Him for the strength to make it.

Daily Disciples Ministries, In
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20 ... 36  Next