World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» ABOUT Farm Fresh Eggs & Chickens
7 Signs Your Pastor Is Preaching Heresy EmptyYesterday at 11:57 pm by Admin

»  "Bring Them Home" protests heat up,
7 Signs Your Pastor Is Preaching Heresy EmptyYesterday at 11:50 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
7 Signs Your Pastor Is Preaching Heresy EmptyYesterday at 11:12 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
7 Signs Your Pastor Is Preaching Heresy EmptyYesterday at 10:58 pm by Admin

» IsraelAM
7 Signs Your Pastor Is Preaching Heresy EmptyYesterday at 10:50 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
7 Signs Your Pastor Is Preaching Heresy EmptyYesterday at 10:46 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
7 Signs Your Pastor Is Preaching Heresy EmptyYesterday at 10:39 pm by Admin

» AISH
7 Signs Your Pastor Is Preaching Heresy EmptyYesterday at 10:18 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
7 Signs Your Pastor Is Preaching Heresy EmptyYesterday at 10:02 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
7 Signs Your Pastor Is Preaching Heresy EmptyYesterday at 9:49 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
7 Signs Your Pastor Is Preaching Heresy EmptyYesterday at 9:12 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
7 Signs Your Pastor Is Preaching Heresy EmptyYesterday at 9:07 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
7 Signs Your Pastor Is Preaching Heresy EmptyYesterday at 9:04 pm by Admin

» Whose Land know the truth
7 Signs Your Pastor Is Preaching Heresy EmptyYesterday at 6:57 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
7 Signs Your Pastor Is Preaching Heresy EmptyYesterday at 6:47 pm by Admin

» OBAMA AGAIN
7 Signs Your Pastor Is Preaching Heresy EmptyYesterday at 6:45 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
7 Signs Your Pastor Is Preaching Heresy EmptyYesterday at 1:21 am by Admin

» The Risks of (AI) Artificial Intelligence
7 Signs Your Pastor Is Preaching Heresy EmptyYesterday at 12:37 am by Admin

» A Lenten Prayer to Bring Beauty from Ashes - Easter Devotional - March 17
7 Signs Your Pastor Is Preaching Heresy EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 9:50 pm by Admin

» CONTROVERSIAL TOPIC
7 Signs Your Pastor Is Preaching Heresy EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 5:54 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

7 Signs Your Pastor Is Preaching Heresy

Go down

7 Signs Your Pastor Is Preaching Heresy Empty Re: 7 Signs Your Pastor Is Preaching Heresy

Post  Admin Sat 16 Jun 2018, 9:10 pm

7 More Signs to Discern False Prophets
Jun 14, 2018 | 0  |     
7 More Signs to Discern False Prophets
(By Joseph Mattera) The following is part two of my article “7 Signs That Help Discern Between Flaky and False Prophets.” As already stated in the first part of this article, by flakey I am referring to a prophetic leader who has serious flaws in their ministry, but their heart and motive is generally right before God. By a false prophet I am referring to a person who is not only erroneous in some of their methodology, but in their motive and ambition. This is the kind of person I believe Jesus was referring to when He told His followers to beware of false prophets who come in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are ravening wolves (Matthew 7:15).
1- They prophesy to people based on info they receive on social media – I have heard of so-called prophets that will google the names of pastors and people they know they are going to minister to, and then prophesy to them things already written about them online. Furthermore, they also go on the social media pages of the people they will minister to and garner specific personal and ministerial information about them. Unfortunately, most people are so gullible and so desperate to receive a word from the Lord they will likely not correlate what they wrote online with what they are hearing from the so-called prophet – or they will just think it was a confirmation of what they already wrote, sensed or said about themselves (on social media). 
CONTINUE https://www.charismamag.com/spirit/prophecy/37302-7-signs-to-discern-false-prophets-part-2

7 Signs to Discern False Prophets, Part 2
11:00AM EDT 6/14/2018 JOSEPH MATTERA

(Unsplash/Sharon McCutcheon)
The following is part two of my article "7 Signs That Help Discern Between Flaky and False Prophets." As already stated in the first part of this article, by flaky, I am referring to a prophetic leader who has serious flaws in their ministry, but their heart and motive is generally right before God. By a false prophet I am referring to a person who is not only erroneous in some of their methodology, but in their motive and ambition. This is the kind of person I believe Jesus was referring to when He told His followers to beware of false prophets who come in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravening wolves (Matt. 7:15)

1. They prophesy to people based on information they receive on social media.

I have heard of so-called prophets who will google the names of pastors and people they know they are going to minister to and then prophesy to them things already written about them online. Furthermore, they also go on the social media pages of the people they will minister to and garner specific personal and ministerial information about them. Unfortunately, most people are so gullible and so desperate to receive a word from the Lord they will likely not correlate what they wrote online with what they are hearing from the so-called prophet—or they will just think it was a confirmation of what they already wrote, sensed or said about themselves (on social media).

A person who gathers personal information to prophesy it to others is a false prophet in my book.

2. They prophesy based on conversations they have had with others.

I have had one so-called (apostolic) prophet visit our church in the 1980s who would spend a long time asking me about specific people in our congregation before he ministered prophetically in our church service. The accurate words he gave were based on the natural information he received in our conversations. He was way off when he attempted to prophesy over people without having previous knowledge about them. He did this twice to me; after the second time, I strongly corrected him, and he never did this again, but eventually he tried to usurp my authority as the lead pastor—showing his true colors as a false prophet. (I should have known even before he attempted this because of the bad fruit he manifested with the false prophetic ministry in which he operated.

3. The false prophet's staff secretly convey information to them that they prophesy.

I have seen exposes on television regarding so-called prophets secretly wearing ear pieces so that their staff can feed them information about people as they are conversing with them. Obviously, this intentional deceptive method of operating in the prophetic demonstrates that this person does not depend upon the Lord to give him supernatural words of knowledge or wisdom; thus, exposing himself as a false prophet.

4. They prophesy for financial gain.

False prophets who itinerate try to discern who in the congregation has the most money and or are the most vulnerable. Their motive is to endear themselves to these people by giving them a prophetic word, getting their cell phone number, striking up a friendship and hitting them for money on a regular basis

Prophets who operate like this are false prophets since they objectify people and use their gift for financial gain.

5. They put extrabiblical revelation on par with the Bible.

Related Articles
7 Ways to Discern Between False and Flaky Prophets
7 Wisdom Tips for Millennial Prophets
Any so-called prophet that insists that their so-called revelation is equal to Scripture is a false prophet. Any person who teaches that they have "special revelation" that is greater than the sacred writings of the prophets and apostles of the Bible is a false prophet. Any person who says they have been caught up to heaven and have received additional chapters or books of the Bible to teach is a false prophet.

The sacred, accepted, canon of the 66 books of the both the Old and New Testament is already settled. God does not take it lightly when we add to His book (See Prov. 30:5; Eccl. 12:12; Rev. 22:18,19).

6. They point people to themselves.

Scripture teaches us that the spirit of prophecy is the testimony of Jesus and that if someone is truly inspired by God, they will lift up Jesus as Lord (See 1 Cor. 121:3, Rev. 19:10).

Contrary to these instructions, false prophets use their gifts to point people to themselves more than to the Lord. Anyone who promotes, exalts and points to himself (no matter how accurate their prophetic words are) is either already a false prophet or on the road to becoming one. Such a person needs to repent since they are guilty of promoting idolatry in the church and trying to share the glory of God in a way that displeases Him (see Isa. 42:8)

7. They lead people away from biblical orthodoxy.

On occasion, I have heard of famous preachers who have said the Lord showed them things that go outside the bounds of biblical orthodoxy. (For example, several have said God told them that all people go to heaven whether they believe in Jesus or not or that there are many roads or religions that lead to heaven.)

Any preacher or person who says the Holy Spirit taught them something that clearly disagrees with Scripture is a false prophet. The apostle Paul even said that if we or an angel from heaven preach any other gospel than the gospel they have preached, let him be eternally condemned (Gal. 1:8,9).

In conclusion, it is not my desire for this article to cause unnecessary judgement towards others. There may even be new believers who may fall into some of the above points out of ignorance. It is my (already stated) objective to help develop discernment in the body of Christ, so they can know the difference between the flaky and the false, and to encourage Christ-followers to know the Scriptures and glorify God, in whom they trust, connect with, financially invest in and follow.

The apostle Paul even said, "Follow me as I follow Christ" (1 Cor. 11:1). If I or any other spiritual leader doesn't follow Christ in the way we act, teach or live, do not follow us in that particular area.

May the Lord increase our discernment, and may the church test the spirits without quenching the Spirit (see 1 Thess. 5:19-22).

Dr. Joseph Mattera is an internationally known author, interpreter of culture and activist/theologian whose mission is to influence leaders who influence nations. He is renowned for addressing current events through the lense of Scripture by applying biblical truths and offering cogent defenses to today's postmodern culture. He leads several organizations, including The United Coalition of Apostolic Leaders (uscal.us). He also has a blog on Charisma News called "The Pulse." To order one of his books or to subscribe to his weekly newsletter go to josephmattera.org.

Deborah, Esther and Anna carried a profound anointing. Become a Godly woman of boldness, power and strength. Get the Anointing Bundle.

The Holy Spirit wants to lead you into a deeper, more intimate experience with God. Everything changes in His presence. Enter His Presence.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

7 Signs Your Pastor Is Preaching Heresy Empty 7 Signs Your Pastor Is Preaching Heresy

Post  Admin Fri 25 May 2018, 9:38 pm

7 Signs Your Pastor Is Preaching Heresy A_WOLF_in_SHEEP

7 Signs Your Pastor Is Preaching Heresy
https://www.charismanews.com/opinion/the-pulse/71260-7-signs-your-pastor-is-preaching-heresy
7:00AM EDT 5/24/2018 JOSEPH MATTERA
Not long ago, it was reported that prominent Protestant pastor Michael A. Walrond Jr. of Harlem's 10,000-member First Corinthian Baptist Church now advocates a pluralist belief that there are many roads to God and salvation.
Among other things, "'People take many paths to God,' he argued, noting that he personally celebrates the paths others take in finding Him—even if that path does not involve faith in Jesus," The Christian Post reports.
The same article says:
"In 2008, a Pew Research Center Study found that more than half of all American Christians believe that at least some non-Christian faiths can lead to salvation. Nearly a decade later, a new study has shown that even among the most traditional Christian groups, significant minorities are also rejecting God as described in the Bible."

Of course, this downward trend away from biblical Christianity should alarm every true Christ-follower! The fact that many so-called Christian seminaries eventually digressed away from their original fidelity to Scripture and evolved into propagating a form of universalism (the belief that Jesus saved every human on the cross, irrespective of whether they believe in Him or not) and pluralism (that there are many roads to God not just through Jesus) beginning since the early days of Harvard and Yale divinity schools (to appease and accommodate the prevailing intellectual climate and culture) is one of the root causes of this growing rot in mainline churches.

The good news—according to this same Pew Research reported above—is that more than 90 percent of historically black and evangelical churches still believe in the God of the Bible. However, there are troubling signs that many young evangelical pastors are trending towards pluralism, as more and more theological institutions they learn from capitulate to a form of universalism.

Whether a pastor or church actually makes a strong statement or not (I'm sure Michael Walrond has been hinting at his pluralistic tendencies for years before his recent public overture toward it) is not the point of this article as much as it is to help a believer discern if their pastor and or church is sliding down this heretical slippery slope. (Since Jesus said He is the only way to the Father, as cited in John 14:6, the stakes are high, and the importance of this subject cannot be overstated.)

The following are seven signs your pastor advocates a form of pluralism or universalism, which is heretical:

1. He has taught that there are many roads to God and salvation.

Although I believe it is true that there may be strands of truth in most major religions like Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism and the like—in and of themselves, there is not sufficient grace for eternal life if a person falls short of faith in Christ alone for salvation. That being said, if your pastor ever says something like "Every religion is equal" and or "God can be found in every religion" or "every religion has grains of truth" without qualifying his statement and or making sure he follows said statement by making it clear only faith in Jesus is sufficient for salvation, my advice is that you sit down with your pastor and demand a clearer explanation before continuing to attend that church.

While it is true that all roads lead to God (see Rom. 11:36), not all roads lead to salvation and eternal life.

2. He only teaches on the love of God.

I would be suspicious of any pastor who never preaches that people need to repent, turn from sin or face divine consequences (I'm not saying to preach fire and brimstone every week, but the whole counsel of God has to be preached throughout the year). Scripture clearly teaches that there is a severe penalty for unrepentant sin (Rom. 6:23).

3. He teaches that all religions are equal.
Any pastor who makes it seem as though all religions are equal or are to be equally respected should be suspect, in my opinion. While we should respect all people irrespective of their religious beliefs, that's not the same as treating all religions as equal.

The religious ideologies of communist atheism, radical Islam, Nazism, the KKK and the like are not as noble as other religions like Judaism and cannot even compare to the way of Jesus and His apostles as taught in the New Testament.

4. He teaches that all persons will eventually go to heaven.

Any pastor that teaches "ultimate reconciliation" has already begun bringing his congregation into the theological genre of pluralism and universalism.

5. The church takes no moral stand on critical cultural issues.

Any pastor who only preaches encouraging, positive messages and never applies the biblical ethical standard to the controversial issues of the day like abortion, sexual identity, biblical marriage and gender may be only a few steps away from espousing pluralism. The reason I say this is because their gospel of appeasement is historically the root reason why many Christian leaders and institutes eventuated towards pluralism.

6. The Bible is not honored as the highest authority for faith and life.

Any pastor who purports that other works of literature and or religious, philosophical or scientific writings or books are equal to or superior to Scripture is most likely a pluralist or universalist. Think twice before committing yourself to such a church who employs such a pastor.

7. Sermons are emotionally based rather than Bible based.

If a pastor rarely preaches biblically sound messages from a text of Scripture and merely relies on oratory skill or rhetoric, which excites the emotion but fails to holistically feed the soul, then said church has sand as its foundation (Matt. 7:24-27).

Such a preacher has an emotionally alive church that lacks biblical discernment (Heb. 5:12-14), which can easily lead members down the road to pluralism or universalism if the pastor so desires.

Finally, Jesus warned His followers about following false prophets (Matt. 7:15), as did the apostle Peter when he predicted that false teachers would arise that will secretly introduce destructive heresies, and that many will follow them. Because of them the way of truth will be maligned (2 Pet. 2:1, 2).

May the sincere Christ-follower study the Scriptures and be more shaped by the Word of God than the words of any man apart from Jesus Christ.

Dr. Joseph Mattera is an internationally known author, interpreter of culture and activist/theologian whose mission is to influence leaders who influence nations. He is renowned for addressing current events through the lense of Scripture by applying biblical truths and offering cogent defenses to today's postmodern culture. He leads several organizations, including The United Coalition of Apostolic Leaders (uscal.us). He also has a blog on Charisma News called "The Pulse." To order one of his books or to subscribe to his weekly newsletter go to josephmattera.org.

Connect with God in a deeper way as you read His Word. Select Bibles are now 50% OFF plus Free Shipping and a Free Gift. Show me the Bibles!

Encounter the Holy Spirit and develop a relationship that saturates you in His peace, love and joy. Explore the Life in the Spirit Series.
FREE GIFT! Download Pastor Bill Johnson's 40-page mini eBook, The War In Your Head, and unlock your supernatural lifestyle. CLICK HERE http://woobox.com/hwtnws?utm_source=charismanews.com&utm_medium=article%20end%20text
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down