Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 1 Bot

Admin

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 115 on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 3:20 pm
Latest topics
» servant @ TWO LISTENERS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 6 EmptyToday at 8:11 pm by Admin

» Pope Francis Agenda for One World Government
WORTHY NEWS - Page 6 EmptyToday at 8:07 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 6 EmptyToday at 10:00 am by Admin

» AISH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 6 EmptyToday at 9:56 am by Admin

» Daily Disciples
WORTHY NEWS - Page 6 EmptyToday at 9:53 am by Admin

» Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge Inspirational
WORTHY NEWS - Page 6 EmptyToday at 9:49 am by Admin

» ENDTIME HEADLINES
WORTHY NEWS - Page 6 EmptyToday at 9:42 am by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
WORTHY NEWS - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 11:15 pm by Admin

» OBAMA AGAIN
WORTHY NEWS - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 10:40 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
WORTHY NEWS - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 10:37 pm by Admin

» Delrifkah: HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY.
WORTHY NEWS - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 10:34 pm by Admin

» GLOBAL WARMING FAKE IT IS COLD CLIMATE COMING
WORTHY NEWS - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 10:29 pm by Admin

» Erdogan threatens EU to Kneel to us or “we’ll send 3.6 million refugees your way”;
WORTHY NEWS - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 10:24 pm by Admin

» God and His Names and Meanings
WORTHY NEWS - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 3:21 pm by Admin

» What Does Jeremiah 29:11 Mean?
WORTHY NEWS - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 1:51 pm by Admin

» 10 Benefits of Family Prayer Time
WORTHY NEWS - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 1:04 pm by Admin

» Prayer please for Barbara Foster
WORTHY NEWS - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 12:59 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 12:48 pm by Admin

» BIRTH PANGS – Series of Powerful Earthquakes Volcano's Strike Around the Globe
WORTHY NEWS - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 10:59 am by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 6 EmptyFri 18 Oct 2019, 10:58 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

WORTHY NEWS

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

WORTHY NEWS - Page 6 Empty Re: WORTHY NEWS

Post  Admin on Fri 21 Sep 2018, 1:23 pm

Welcome to the Nugget

September 20, 2018

Storms!
Lessons From the Psalms, Part 1:
Ps. 104

By Answers2Prayer Subscribe Unsubscribe Devotionals Contact us     In response to recent requests from subscribers, the Nugget will be featuring a devotional based on the book of Psalms once a month. We pray you will be blessed by this focus on the one book of the Bible that Jesus quoted the most.

Today's lesson from the Psalms comes from the Ps. 104:

"Let all that I am praise the Lord. 
   Lord my God, how great you are!" (Ps. 104:1-2a NLT)

Storms.

I don't like them. The crashing, violent waves can capsize even the largest ships. The howling wind can blow the roofs off houses, smash out windows, even lift vehicles and send them crashing back to the ground. The driving rains flood the grounds--and often my basement as well! The thick fog is blinding. The pounding hail causes damage to everything it touches. The heavy snows make the roads and walkways treacherous...Is it for naught that I prefer the warm summer sunshine?

I don't like the storms of life very much either. The crashing, violent waves of circumstances, the howling winds of change, the driving rains of loss, the pounding hail of life-threatening and life-changing illness, the heavy snows of trouble, the thick fogs that prevent us from being able to see the way out...Is it for naught that I prefer the hill-top experiences? Those rare but glorious trouble-free times?

As my family and I finally begin to emerge from a 5-year-long set of tumultuous circumstances, I can't keep my feet from dancing and my mouth from singing forth praise. Sunshine at last!

But my praise is so imperfect and undeserving of the King of Kings, the One who has finally rescued us from our circumstances. "Lord, I want to praise Your name," I prayed, "but I don't know how. Give me fitting words of praise!"

Ps. 104 was immediately impressed upon my mind, and I eagerly leafed through my Bible to read the first few verses:

O Lord my God, how great you are!
You are robed with honor and majesty.
   You are dressed in a robe of light." (vs. 1-2a NLT)

"Oh God," I breathed. "This is perfect! You are so great! You are robed with honor and majesty. You are dressed in a robe of light that illuminates my darkest path. You are..."

But in my prayer I had reached the end of the verses that I had read, so my eyes again dropped to the page:

"You stretch out the starry curtain of the heavens..." (vs. 2b NLT).

Wait. "Starry curtain" means dark times. And dark times are scary times, times just like the ones we've been going through. What is the idea of God stretching the stormy times across the heavens doing in a Psalm of praise?

My eyes returned to the page and I read on:

"you lay out the rafters of your home in the rain clouds.
   You make the clouds your chariot;" (vs 3a NLT).

Uh...So the storms of life are the "rafters" of God's home? They make up His "chariot"?

Really?

Surely this doesn't mean...

I dropped my eyes back to the page. I was sure the Psalm would turn things around at this point, but it was not to be:

"...you ride upon the wings of the wind.
   The winds are your messengers;
   flames of fire are your servants." (vs. 3b-4 NLT).

That's when Truth began to speak to my heart. It is when the winds of strife blow that God shows up. He rides upon those winds. In fact, those winds of trouble are His "messengers", and the heat and flames of our fiery times are His "servants"!

We know that God doesn't keep us from troubled times, for He has said, "Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world." (John 16:33b NLT). Ps. 104:3-4, however, suggests that He actually uses our trouble to move on our behalf!

But this isn't a new Biblical concept, is it? The Apostle Paul eludes to something similar: "I will boast only about my weaknesses...to keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud. Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time he said, 'My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.' So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That's why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Cor. 12:5, 8-10 NLT).

So in "riding" on our troubled times, God uses them as His "messengers", His "servants", for it is in our weakness that God can really shine through!

As this realization hit home, my mind began to review the many blessings God had poured out upon us in the past five years, and I couldn't stop myself from continuing my prayer of praise: "Lord, You allowed those troubled times because they became Your chariots, Your messengers and Your servants! We found You IN the storm, and I praise Your name for the many times when Your strength has been perfected in our weaknesses. Keep up Your good work in us, Lord!"

Whatever you are in the midst of at this time, remember:

"You stretch out the starry curtain of the heavens,
   you lay out the rafters of your home in the rain clouds.
You make the clouds your chariot;
   you ride upon the wings of the wind.
   flames of fire are your servants." (Ps. 104:2b-4 NLT).

In His love,
Lyn
Lynona Gordon Chaffart, Speech-Language Pathologist, mother of two, Author -- "Aboard God's Train -- A Journey With God Through the Valley of Cancer", Author and Moderator for The Nugget, a tri-weekly internet newsletter, and Scriptural Nuggets, a website devoted to Christian devotionals and inspirational poems, with Answers2Prayer Ministries. Follow Lyn on Twitter @lynchaffart. 
Announcement:
The cross: A symbol associated with Christianity, the object used for the torture of our Lord and Saviour...but do we truly understand what it means? Do we comprehend its power? Join us on Saturday and next week for "Do Not be Cross About the Cross" a mini-series by Suresh Manoharan.

©️Copyright 2011 Answers2Prayer | Matt 10:8 "Freely you have received, freely give."
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 21 Sep 2018, 1:22 pm

Welcome to the Nugget

September 20, 2018

Storms!
Lessons From the Psalms, Part 1:
Ps. 104

By Answers2Prayer Subscribe Unsubscribe Devotionals Contact us     In response to recent requests from subscribers, the Nugget will be featuring a devotional based on the book of Psalms once a month. We pray you will be blessed by this focus on the one book of the Bible that Jesus quoted the most.

Today's lesson from the Psalms comes from the Ps. 104:

Lord my God, how great you are!" (Ps. 104:1-2a NLT)

Storms.

I don't like them. The crashing, violent waves can capsize even the largest ships. The howling wind can blow the roofs off houses, smash out windows, even lift vehicles and send them crashing back to the ground. The driving rains flood the grounds--and often my basement as well! The thick fog is blinding. The pounding hail causes damage to everything it touches. The heavy snows make the roads and walkways treacherous...Is it for naught that I prefer the warm summer sunshine?

I don't like the storms of life very much either. The crashing, violent waves of circumstances, the howling winds of change, the driving rains of loss, the pounding hail of life-threatening and life-changing illness, the heavy snows of trouble, the thick fogs that prevent us from being able to see the way out...Is it for naught that I prefer the hill-top experiences? Those rare but glorious trouble-free times?

As my family and I finally begin to emerge from a 5-year-long set of tumultuous circumstances, I can't keep my feet from dancing and my mouth from singing forth praise. Sunshine at last!

But my praise is so imperfect and undeserving of the King of Kings, the One who has finally rescued us from our circumstances. "Lord, I want to praise Your name," I prayed, "but I don't know how. Give me fitting words of praise!"

Ps. 104 was immediately impressed upon my mind, and I eagerly leafed through my Bible to read the first few verses:

O Lord my God, how great you are!
You are robed with honor and majesty.
   You are dressed in a robe of light." (vs. 1-2a NLT)

"Oh God," I breathed. "This is perfect! You are so great! You are robed with honor and majesty. You are dressed in a robe of light that illuminates my darkest path. You are..."

But in my prayer I had reached the end of the verses that I had read, so my eyes again dropped to the page:

"You stretch out the starry curtain of the heavens..." (vs. 2b NLT).

Wait. "Starry curtain" means dark times. And dark times are scary times, times just like the ones we've been going through. What is the idea of God stretching the stormy times across the heavens doing in a Psalm of praise?

My eyes returned to the page and I read on:

"you lay out the rafters of your home in the rain clouds.
   You make the clouds your chariot;" (vs 3a NLT).

Uh...So the storms of life are the "rafters" of God's home? They make up His "chariot"?

Really?

Surely this doesn't mean...

I dropped my eyes back to the page. I was sure the Psalm would turn things around at this point, but it was not to be:

"...you ride upon the wings of the wind.
   flames of fire are your servants." (vs. 3b-4 NLT).

That's when Truth began to speak to my heart. It is when the winds of strife blow that God shows up. He rides upon those winds. In fact, those winds of trouble are His "messengers", and the heat and flames of our fiery times are His "servants"!

We know that God doesn't keep us from troubled times, for He has said, "Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world." (John 16:33b NLT). Ps. 104:3-4, however, suggests that He actually uses our trouble to move on our behalf!

But this isn't a new Biblical concept, is it? The Apostle Paul eludes to something similar: "I will boast only about my weaknesses...to keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud. Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time he said, 'My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.' So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That's why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Cor. 12:5, 8-10 NLT).

So in "riding" on our troubled times, God uses them as His "messengers", His "servants", for it is in our weakness that God can really shine through!

As this realization hit home, my mind began to review the many blessings God had poured out upon us in the past five years, and I couldn't stop myself from continuing my prayer of praise: "Lord, You allowed those troubled times because they became Your chariots, Your messengers and Your servants! We found You IN the storm, and I praise Your name for the many times when Your strength has been perfected in our weaknesses. Keep up Your good work in us, Lord!"

Whatever you are in the midst of at this time, remember:

"You stretch out the starry curtain of the heavens,
   you lay out the rafters of your home in the rain clouds.
You make the clouds your chariot;
   you ride upon the wings of the wind.
   flames of fire are your servants." (Ps. 104:2b-4 NLT).

In His love,
Lyn
Lynona Gordon Chaffart, Speech-Language Pathologist, mother of two, Author -- "Aboard God's Train -- A Journey With God Through the Valley of Cancer", Author and Moderator for The Nugget, a tri-weekly internet newsletter, and Scriptural Nuggets, a website devoted to Christian devotionals and inspirational poems, with Answers2Prayer Ministries. Follow Lyn on Twitter @lynchaffart. 
Announcement:
The cross: A symbol associated with Christianity, the object used for the torture of our Lord and Saviour...but do we truly understand what it means? Do we comprehend its power? Join us on Saturday and next week for "Do Not be Cross About the Cross" a mini-series by Suresh Manoharan.

©️Copyright 2011 Answers2Prayer | Matt 10:8 "Freely you have received, freely give."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 13 Sep 2018, 2:58 pm

Elaine, what smells? 

John 10:10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

I came across a powerful parable written by a Haitian pastor illustrating to his congregation the need for total commitment to the Lord.

A certain man wanted to sell his house for two thousand dollars. Another man wanted very badly to buy it but couldn't afford the full price the owner was asking. After much bargaining, however, he agreed to sell the house to the poor man for half the original price -- along with just one stipulation: He would retain ownership of one small nail protruding from just over the door.

After several years, the original owner wanted the house back, but the new owner was unwilling to sell. So the first owner went out, found the carcass of a dead dog and hung it from the single nail he still owned. Soon the house became unlivable and the family was forced to sell the house to the owner of the nail.

The Haitian pastor concluded that "If we leave the Devil with even one small peg in our life, he will return to hang his rotting garbage on it, making it unfit for Christ's habitation."

Elaine, the devil has only come to steal, kill and destroy. He can be very crafty and he would love nothing more than to steal from us our very inhabitance in the Lord. Let's ask the Lord to reveal any pegs we may be leaving for the devil today and take back all that belongs to us -- for this truly is the season of restoration and repentance!

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Arad, Israel

Editor's Note: We're starting to put together our Winter Tour to the States. If you would like to us minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or host a Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyemail.com for more information. 
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 03 Sep 2018, 5:05 pm

Elaine, are you knocking? 

1 Peter 3:12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and His ears are open to their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

I came across a short illustration that I believe will bless you.

“Teacher”, said a young boy, “why is it that so many prayers are unanswered? I do not understand. The Bible says, ‘Ask, and you shall receive; seek, and you shall find; knock and the door shall be opened unto you.’ But it seems to me a great many knock and are not admitted.

The teacher answered, “Did you ever sit by your fireplace on some dark evening and hear a loud knocking at the door? Going to answer the knock, have you not sometimes looked out in the darkness, seeing nothing, but hearing the pattering feet of some mischievous boy, who knocked but did not wish to enter, and therefore ran away? It is often so with us. We ask for blessings but do not really expect them. We knock but do not mean to enter. We fear that Jesus will not hear us, will not fulfill His promises, will not admit us. And so we go way.”

“Ah I see,” said the boy, his eyes shining with the new light dawning in his soul. “Jesus can’t be expected to answer runaway knocks. He has never promised it. I mean to keep knocking and knocking until He can’t help opening the door.”

Elaine, let's become persistent in our prayer life and expect God to open the door!

Arad, Israel

Editor's Note: We're starting to put together our Winter Tour to the States. If you would like to us minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or host a Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyemail.com for more information.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 5:15 pm

Elaine, are you going overboard? 

Matthew 14:28-31 And Peter answered Him and said, Lord, if it is you, command me to come to You on the water. And He said, "Come." And when Peter got out of the boat, he walked on the water, to go to Yeshua (Jesus). But when he saw that the wind was boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried out, saying, "Lord, save me!" And immediately Yeshua (Jesus) stretched out His hand, and caught him, and said to him, "You of little faith, why did you doubt?"

When Peter stepped out of the boat to walk on water – he literally stepped out of the boat! Imagine that! But was Peter going overboard? No, I don't believe so -- he was literally taking a step of faith with his eyes fixed on the Lord!

Often, when we step out in faith – it may appear that we are going overboard, but are we really? Honestly, the question is -- "Can you really go overboard in your faith toward God?" I don't think so! When our passion is no longer on the Lord, then that's when we're going overboard. 

Elaine, when you love the Lord God with "all your heart, mind and soul"-- it's okay to step out and go all out for God -- because in God, the only way to go overboard is to not go overboard enough!

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 30 Aug 2018, 10:15 am

Elaine, are you listening? 

James 1:19-20 So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath; for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God.

President Franklin D. Roosevelt got tired of smiling that big smile and saying all the usual things at those White House receptions. So, one evening he decided to find out whether anybody was paying attention to what he was saying. As each person came up to him with extended hand, he flashed his big smile and said, "I murdered my grandmother this morning." People would automatically respond with comments such as "How lovely." or "Continue on with your great work." Nobody listened to what he was saying, except for one foreign diplomat. When the president said, "I murdered my grandmother this morning," the diplomat responded softly, "I'm sure she had it coming to her."

It's a funny story, but how often do we do the same? It seems that we have lot's to say but we are not very good at listening. Think about it -- how many language, speech, and speaking courses can you find in your college course book? But can you find even one class on listening?? There is such a lack of good listening skills in this day and age that we have to pay someone a lot of money just to listen to us! More importantly, God has many things He desires to reveal to us -- but we're always talking, talking, talking! 

Elaine, let's strive to do less talking and more listening today. Let's give the Lord and others a chance to be heard.

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 29 Aug 2018, 9:47 am

Elaine, time to pull out the big bait! 

Matthew 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

I love fishing but sadly, I haven't been able to do it in quite some time. Yeah, I know, one would think there'd be some good fishing spots here in Israel. However, from what I understand, they're not really available to the public. So sad. Nevertheless, fishing gives me a chance to get a break from the world and just relax and meditate -- and on a good day, maybe catch a fish or two.

I read a fishing-related cartoon that really moved me. Pictured, were two Eskimos fishing through holes in the ice. One of them had his line in a hole the size you'd expect to see. But the guy sitting next to him had his line in an enormous hole, in the shape of a whale!

This guy was hungry! He didn't want some dinky little fish! He was fishing for whales! In the same way, if we want to do greater things for the Lord, we must have a greater hunger and a greater vision!! 

Elaine, are you hungry for the bigger and better things of the Lord today? Let's enlarge our vision for Him! Let's expect an abundant harvest -- for truly the harvest is plentiful!  

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 28 Aug 2018, 4:23 pm

Elaine, get your game on! 
Luke 11:13 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!”

You've probably heard of tennis champion Boris Becker, but you may not know this. He had everything, talent, money, fame and every other worldly pleasure one could want, yet he still struggled with depression and frequent thoughts of suicide. "I had won Wimbledon twice before," he said, "once as the youngest player. I was rich. I had all the material possessions I needed ... It's the old song of movie stars and pop stars who commit suicide. They have everything, and yet they are so unhappy. I had no inner peace. I was a puppet on a string."

When we're not fully submitted to the Lord, we are puppets on a string in the hands of the enemy. We will never be satisfied. We will never have peace. We will never be accomplishing the purposes for which we were divinely created.

D.L. Moody said, "I believe firmly that the moment our hearts are emptied of pride and selfishness and ambition and everything that is contrary to God's law, the Holy Spirit will fill every corner of our hearts. But if we are full of pride and conceit and ambition and the world, there is no room for the Spirit of God. We must be emptied before we can be filled."

Elaine, let's get our game on for the Lord today. Let's give our heart to Him yet again today and purpose to empty it of our desires and allow God to fill it with His.

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 27 Aug 2018, 11:20 am

Elaine, sheep or goats!

Matthew 25:37-39 “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’

A friend sent us this story about a young lady named Sally and her experience in a recent seminary class, given by her teacher, Dr. Smith. Dr. Smith was known for his elaborate object lessons. This particular day, Sally walked into the class and knew they were in for a fun day.

On the wall was a big target and on a nearby table were many darts. Dr. Smith told the students to draw a picture of someone that they disliked or someone who had made them angry, and he would allow them to throw darts at the person's picture.

Sally's friend drew a picture of girl who had stolen her boyfriend. Another guy drew a picture of his little brother. Sally drew a picture of a former friend. The class lined up and began throwing darts. Some of the students were throwing their darts with such force that their targets were ripping apart and everyone was laughing hysterically.

Finally, Dr. Smith asked all the students to be seated. He came to the front of the class with a less-than-amused look on his face. As he began removing the target from the wall, there appeared underneath, a picture of Jesus. A hush fell over the room as each student viewed the mangled picture; holes and jagged marks covered Jesus' face, and His eyes were pierced.

Dr. Smith said only these words. "In as much as you have done it unto the least of these my brothers, you have done it unto Me." Matthew 25:40.

Elaine, what a powerful analogy. Phew. When we "throw darts" at our brothers and sisters, friends and even strangers, we are actually piercing our Lord too. Let's get right with the Lord and others today. It's a good season for reconciliation.

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 24 Aug 2018, 4:48 pm

Elaine, act now! 

Romans 12:17-18,21 Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

One minister tells of a wife who came into his office full of hatred toward her husband. "I do not only want to get rid of him, I want to get even! Before I divorce him, I want to hurt him as much as he has hurt me!"

The minister suggested an ingenious plan, "Why don't you go home and act as if you really love your husband. Tell him how much he means to you. Praise him for every decent trait. Go out of your way to be as kind, considerate and generous as possible. Spare no efforts to please him. Make him believe you love him. Then -- after you've convinced him of your undying love and that you cannot live without him, drop the bomb. Tell him you want a divorce. That will really hurt him.

With revenge in her eyes, she smiled and exclaimed, "Beautiful, beautiful! Boy, will he ever be devastated!" And she did it with enthusiasm. For two months she showed love and kindness, she listened, served and reinforced. When she didn't return to his office, the minister called. "So are you ready now to go through with the divorce?" "Divorce?" she exclaimed. "Never! I discovered that I really do love him."

This woman's actions changed her feelings. Whether it's a tough relationship, a long-time fear, or a task that seems too big for us to accomplish, sometimes we need to act in faith in order to see it conquered for the Kingdom!

Elaine, whatever it may be, let's give it to the Lord today and ask Him to motivate us to go forth with strength and passion -- for His sake!

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 23 Aug 2018, 9:38 am

Elaine, be an encourager! 

1 Cor 13:4-7 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not [a]puffed up;  does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, [b]thinks no evil;  does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;  bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

A survey asked mothers to keep track of how many times they made both negative and positive comments to their children. The surveyed mothers admitted that they criticized at least ten times for every one time they said something favorable. Another survey taken in one city's schools found that the teachers were negative seventy-five percent of the time. This study concluded that it takes four positive statements to a child from a parent or teacher to offset the effects of one negative statement.

Wow, when I think about how many times I've said negative things to people in my lifetime, I have some positive paying back to do!

Many times we justify our criticizing, hurtful words and actions by thinking we're right in a matter. But, in fact, the only one who's all right is the Lord! And He has called us to be the encouragers of the world! We have the gift of God residing within us, and we are ambassadors of the His love. We need to constantly remind ourselves to operate under that love in every circumstance - even the most difficult ones!

Elaine, when we find ourselves getting ready to criticize, let's strive to stop in our tracks and say something encouraging instead --- not only to the world around us but to ourselves!

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 22 Aug 2018, 11:34 am

Elaine, lay it down! 

Psalms 55:22 Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

One of my favorite heroes of the faith is Hudson Taylor. For those who are unfamiliar with him, Hudson Taylor led a great awakening in China which continues to this day.

At one point during his ministry, he was deeply distressed by many burdens. As he prayed for strength to carry on, he came across Psalm 55:22 -- "Cast your burden on the LORD, and He shall sustain thee."

Suddenly this truth entered his heart and he sprung to his feet and cried, "This fear-allaying truth has evaded me too long! I see it all now. If we are obeying the Lord and still run into difficulty, the heavy responsibility rests with HIM, not with us!" Then he prayed, "Lord, you shall carry all the burden! At your bidding I will go forward, leaving the results with You!"

With the burden lifted from his shoulders, Hudson Taylor went on to establish a great work in China. 

Elaine, are you burdened today? Whatever your burden may be -- cast it upon the Lord -- He will carry it, and free you to serve Him with His peace and power!

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 21 Aug 2018, 10:00 am

Elaine, learn a lesson from the balloon! 

Acts 4:31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.

According to a study reported by Bloomberg, Americans can add as many as two years to the nation's life expectancy if they stand up more often and watch fewer hours of television. What a concept -- move around and you'll live longer!

Watching the report reminded me of an incident which happened during a party that we threw for our daughter Elianna. Her little one-year-old brother Obadiah was playing with a leftover balloon which suddenly popped in his face. Obi was startled, and about to burst into tears.

Thinking fast, I grabbed an uninflated balloon from the table, blew it up real big and then let it go. Boy did he love that! He laughed hysterically as he watched this balloon zipping around the room until it ran out of air and plopped down on the floor. Obi was fine, and as we played this new balloon game, a funny analogy floated into my mind.

I was thinking... we need to be like these balloons, filled to the max with God's breath, and then..... let go, to experience the ride of our lives! And...equally important, we need to recognize when we're running out of air -- when we're deflated and depleted of His power and anointing. Then we need to run back to Him for more, because receiving the infilling of the Spirit is not a single event, but a lifetime of repeated refillings, so that we aren't living or serving in our own strength.

Elaine, the Lord hasn't entrusted us with His power to sit around and watch TV -- but to activate us for the work of the Gospel, and the blessing of the saints; to do great things for Him in the power of His Spirit wherever He may take us. Let's be filled again today! Ask, seek, knock, read, worship, meditate on His promises, get FILLED -- you don't want to sit idly watching life pass you by.... do you?

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 20 Aug 2018, 11:38 am

Elaine, it's all about attitude! 

Psalms 34:1 I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.

We got this email from a friend and laughed so hard we had to share it with you.

There once was a woman who woke up one morning, looked in the mirror, and saw that she had only three hairs on her head. "Great," she said, "I think I'll braid my hair today."

So she did, and had a wonderful day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and saw that she had only two hairs on her head. "Hmm," she said, "I guess I'll part my hair down the middle."

So she did, and had a wonderful day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and saw that she had only one hair left on her head.

"Wow," she said, "today I get to wear my hair in a ponytail." So she did, and had a wonderful, wonderful day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and saw that there wasn't a single hair on her head.

"Thank God!" she exclaimed. "I was running out of things to do with my hair!"

Elaine, ATTITUDE is everything! Let's be grateful for the things God has given us, press through for the Kingdom, and of course -- have a wonderful day!

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 17 Aug 2018, 10:45 am

Elaine, He's looking for a few good men (and women)! 

Revelation 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

In light of today's headlines with both revival and the spiritual warfare taking place within the U.S. military, I thought I'd share this story from Moody's Anecdotes, a must read. 

"A young man enlisted and was sent to his regiment. The first night he was in the barracks with about fifteen other young men, who passed the time playing cards and gambling. Before retiring, he fell on his knees and prayed, and they began to curse him and jeer at him and throw boots at him. So it went on the next night and the next, and finally, the young man went and told the chaplain what had taken place, and asked what he should do. 'Well,' said the chaplain, 'you are not at home now, and the other men have just as much right to the barracks as you have. It makes them mad to hear you pray, and the Lord will hear you just as well if you say your prayers in bed and don't provoke them.'

For weeks after the chaplain did not see the young man again, but one day he met him, and asked - 'By the way, did you take my advice?' 'I did, for two or three nights,' [the soldier answered.] 'How did it work?' 'Well,' said the young man, 'I felt like a whipped hound and the third night I got out of bed, knelt down and prayed.' 'Well,' asked the chaplain, 'How did that work?' The young soldier answered: 'We have a prayer meeting there now every night, three have been converted, and we are praying for the rest.'

Oh, friends, I am so tired of weak Christianity. Let us be out and out for Christ; let us give no uncertain sound. If the world wants to call us fools, let them to it. It is only a little while; the crowning day is coming. Thank God for the privilege we have of confessing Christ."

Elaine, need we say more? Let's ask the Lord to touch our lives with power today. That we may be released from our stresses, our problems, and even our own desires -- that we may become focused on being available for the task at hand.

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 16 Aug 2018, 10:21 am

Elaine, is there grass on your path? 

Psalms 62:8 Trust in Him at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us. Selah

Early African believers were earnest and regular in private devotions. Each one reportedly had a separate spot in the thicket where he would pour out his heart to God. Over time, the paths to these places became well worn. As a result, if one of these believers began to neglect prayer, it was soon apparent to the others. They would kindly remind the negligent one, "Brother, the grass grows on your path."

Prayer is a time when we can be completely intimate with the Lord -- we can share all our burdens, heartaches, situations and life struggles... but sometimes we need to get away into the thicket, alone, and be intimate with Him! The Lord loves to be intimate with us! He doesn't want a superficial relationship of recited prayers -- but a deep relationship with Him -- the One who loves us with a love that is everlasting! 

Elaine, if grass has begun to grow on your path, take some time out and find your way to that spot in the thicket today. God awaits you!

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 15 Aug 2018, 9:10 am

Elaine, continue to be faithful! 

1 Corinthians 4:2 Moreover it is required in stewards that one be found faithful.

In my first years serving the Lord, I was dedicated to serving with an inner city bus ministry in the heart of Baltimore. We would go door to door and offer "free Sunday morning babysitting" for their kids. If they agreed to let us take their kids to church, we would come and pick them up early every Sunday morning. Many times, the obvious change in their kids' lives would make a great impression and their parents would be moved to come out to the church as well --- then they too would give their lives to the Lord! It was exciting to see whole families come to faith! The following story touched my heart, from Max Lucado's book, God Came Near.

Norman Geisler, as a child, went to a DVBS because he was invited by some neighbor children. He went back to the same church for Sunday School classes for 400 Sundays. Each week he was faithfully picked up by a bus driver. Week after week he attended church, but never made a commitment to Christ. Finally, during his senior year in High School, after being picked up for church over 400 times, he did commit his life to Christ. What if that bus driver had given up on Geisler at 395? What if the bus driver had said, "This kid is going nowhere spiritually, why waste any more time on him?" 

Elaine, all of us could use some work on the area of faithfulness. We have a responsibility to win hearts for the Lord, yes, but not only to win them. We need to stick by these baby believers, faithfully pray for them, serve them to the best of our ability, help them along the way and not give up when the going gets tough!

Arad, Israeljavascript:void(0)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 14 Aug 2018, 9:09 am

Elaine, cheer up! 

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

In her book, Let Me Be a Woman, Elizabeth Elliot records the story of a friend who had great difficulty accepting the looks God had given her. While everyone this girl knew had grown beautiful golden hair, hers was black. And while they were all still growing, she had stopped. She grew to be only about four feet ten inches tall.

Eventually, she reached the country to which God had called her to be a missionary. One day, she stood on the wharf in Shanghai and looked around at the people to whom He had called her. "Every single one of them," she said, "had black hair. And every one of them had stopped growing when I did." She was able to look to God and exclaim, "Lord God, You know what You're doing!"

Elaine, are you struggling with something specific today? Have you been asking, "Why Lord?!" Whether we realize it or not, God knows what He's doing! We may not understand it today -- but He has known these things from the very beginning. And He really is carrying out His great plan in us! Cheer up! God is preparing His vessels for GREAT things! 

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 13 Aug 2018, 11:27 am

Elaine, do you like puzzles? Here's one for you! 

1 Corinthians 12:12 Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ.

As members of the body of Messiah, we can be compared to pieces in a jigsaw puzzle. Each piece has protrusions and indentations. The protrusions represent our strengths (gifts, talents, abilities), and the indentations represent our weaknesses (faults, limitations, shortcomings, undeveloped areas). The beautiful thing is that the pieces complement one another and produce a beautiful whole.

Just as each piece of a puzzle is important, so each member of the body is important and can minister to the other members of the body. And just as when one piece is missing from a puzzle, it’s absence is very obvious and damages the picture, so also is the whole weakened when we are absent from the body of Messiah. 

Elaine, we have the privilege of being a little part of God's big picture! Let's not shy away from being a piece! Go forth and serve the Lord in wonderful ways this week.

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 10 Aug 2018, 11:07 am

Elaine, claim your gifts!

Matthew 7:9-11 Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!

Another great preacher whose writings I love to read is John R. Rice. He wrote, "I once imagined I was in Heaven, walking along with the Angel Gabriel. I said, "Gabe, what is that big building over there?"

"You'll be disappointed," he answered. "I don't think you want to see it." But I insisted, and he proceeded to show me floor after floor of beautiful gifts, all wrapped and ready to be sent.

"Gabriel, what are all of these?"

He said, I thought rather sadly, "We wrapped all these things, but people never called for them."

There are gifts and an abundance of blessings to be received from heaven -- but we need to claim them as our own! We receive not because we've asked not.

Elaine, when we ask the Lord in humility and expectation for His goodness, He will answer! Then we'll be better equipped to do the great things He has in store for us.

Arad, Israel

Elaine, roll up your sleeves!

Isaiah 52:7-10 How beautiful upon the mountains Are the feet of him who brings good news, Who proclaims peace, Who brings glad tidings of good things, Who proclaims salvation, Who says to Zion, "Your God reigns!" Your watchmen shall lift up their voices, With their voices they shall sing together; For they shall see eye to eye When the Lord brings back Zion. Break forth into joy, sing together, You waste places of Jerusalem! For the Lord has comforted His people, He has redeemed Jerusalem. The Lord has made bare His holy arm [z’roah in Hebrew] In the eyes of all the nations; And all the ends of the earth shall see The salvation [Yeshua in Hebrew] of our God.

The LORD bared His holy arm, in a manner of speaking, God rolled up his sleeve(s) and revealed Yeshua, (Jesus) in the eyes of all the nations. A major sign of the end of this age will be the preaching of this gospel of salvation ("yeshua", in Hebrew) to the entire world for a witness to all nations. We are called to participate in this mandate.

Elaine, so roll up your sleeves, and keep rolling. “A rolling stone gathers no moss!” so don’t be idle. The LORD'S arm has been revealed; His salvation has been accomplished for us by our Messiah. "Keep on rolling" with this good news. Lift up your voice, be a watchman and a witness, cause when the "roll is called up yonder, you'll be there Smile" !!!

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 09 Aug 2018, 10:16 am

Elaine, dive deeper!

Philippians 4:6-7 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

As the culture war continues to escalate all over the world, we as believers should be filled with peace in the midst of intense conflicts. So how can we be filled with peace in the midst of such adversity? How is that possible, one may wonder? One method of finding your "shalom" is a lesson found in nature.

When a storm swarms across the ocean surface, the fish know where the water is still -- deep down under. While, on the surface, the winds and the waves rage, fathoms below lies water completely at peace. Perhaps we should learn something from fish.

In a shallow relationship with God, we will find ourselves being tossed to and fro by stormy waves of circumstance. James describes such a person as "double-minded" and unstable. In his trials, he cannot exercise faith because he hasn't gone deep with the Lord.

However, when we seek that deeper relationship with Him, we can enter another perspective on what's happening at the surface. Seeking and abiding in the depths of Yeshua, our Sar Shalom (Prince of Peace) will bring a peace that passes understanding, even in the midst of great storms. The double-minded man has not yet sought or found this place -- since not everyone is willing to spend the time or effort for a deep relationship, however, it is available for all who truly desire and take the time for it.

Elaine, are you distressed or worried? It's time to press in... seek that deeper relationship with Yeshua and let Him lead you to the still water. He so wants to fill you with a "shalom" that passes all understanding!

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 08 Aug 2018, 9:52 pm

Elaine, avoid the mines!

John 15:5 I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can donothing.

In a documentary mini-series called "Against All Odds," a remarkable story is told about an Israeli platoon who found themselves in the midst of a minefield along the Syrian border during the Yom Kippur War. When the platoon realized they were in a minefield they pulled out their bayonets and started to dig out mines and to disarm them. Suddenly, a fierce wind began to blow, removing the sand from the minefield. Each and every mine was exposed and the soldiers ventured through the minefield unscathed.

If you found yourself in the midst of a minefield but had someone with you that knew where every mine was and could guide you through, then you'd be sure to stay as close to him as possible! My friend, life is a minefield; and the enemy has planted mines all across your path -- the mines of temptation! You have Someone with you who knows where they are and how to guide you around them. But how closely are you walking with Him?

God's word and His Spirit equip us thoroughly for life and godliness. Obedience to His word and abiding in His Spirit we can avoid every deadly trap of the enemy and even if He calls us to martyrdom, we can go joyfully in His power.

Elaine, but in the meantime, let's not ignore the presence and counsel of our Heavenly Guide. It's too easy to become distracted by fears, entertainments, and even real responsibilities. But all these can pull us away from Him....so that we suddenly find our foot on a mine about to explode under us. The discipline of practicing His presence was never more important than it is now in these last of the last days. The Bible warns that "because iniquity abounds, the love of many shall wax cold!" Let us stay awake, fully conscious of our Helper's presence. Led of His Spirit we will dodge every one of our enemy’s mines, and navigate both ourselves and others to safety, bearing fruit all along the way!

Arad, Israel

Speak God’s Word And Activate His Angels
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 03 Aug 2018, 10:18 am

Elaine, be confident, He is our defense!

2 Kings 6:15-17 And when the servant of the man of God arose early and went out, there was an army, surrounding the city with horses and chariots. And his servant said to him, "Alas, my master! What shall we do?" So he answered, "Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them." And Elisha prayed, and said, "Lord, I pray, open his eyes that he may see." Then the Lord opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw. And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

As we press in closer to the Lord and His calling on our lives, the enemy becomes more and more fierce, throwing all kinds of darts of fear and doubt our way. But as beloved children of God, we can trust the Lord to defend us! God has an invisible army all around, ready to protect us in our times of need. When the battle intensifies, when the enemy seems to be attacking from every side, when it seems all too great for our eyes, know that the Lord has placed His protection all around you! We may not see it -- but we must walk by faith!

Elaine, be encouraged -- "Those who are with us are more than those who are with them". We are not alone!

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 02 Aug 2018, 10:33 am

Elaine, God has something special in store for you!

1 Corinthians 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

When we were in the womb we had eyes, but there was little to focus on. Our eyes had rods and cones to distinguish shapes and colors, yet there were no shades or colors to see. We were in total darkness. But we had eyes that were meant to see light. Our eyes were the evidence that beyond the womb was a whole other world, still yet to be seen.

As we dwell in this world, our hearts cannot be satisfied by the things they see here. Deep inside, we know there is more... and we long for it. This life is Heaven's womb.

No matter what this world gives us, it can never satisfy what the eyes of our hearts long to see. It is here that we are being formed, and prepared to enter the realm of the Heavenly. Don't be discouraged that this this life can't give us all we want. It is a reminder of our inheritance yet to come.

Elaine, let's give our desires to the Lord once again. He wants to prepare us to rule with Him!

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 01 Aug 2018, 10:37 pm

Elaine, can you give me a hand in the kitchen?

Ephesians 1:18 the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,

In the famous Louvre Museum in France, there is a painting by Bartolome Murillo called, "The Miracle of San Diego". In the painting, two noblemen and a priest enter a kitchen and watch the kitchen maids at work. One handles a pot, another a cut of meat, another a basket of vegetables, and one tends the fire. The men look surprised to find that the maids are not people but actually angels.

I like this. These weren't just kitchen help -- they were angels! All of us have a job to do, be it in our warehouses, our offices or our kitchens. Even Yeshua (Jesus) was a carpenter by trade!

Not every one is called to go abroad into the mission field but I can tell you this. We are all called to be a missionaries! We are all called to spread the wonderful truth of God's great mercy toward us everywhere we go!

Elaine, God has each of us placed where we are for a specific reason -- to fulfill the great commission! Let's pray and ask the Lord how we can best fulfill the great commission where we are and allow the Lord to show us how we can impact our world for the Kingdom today!

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next