World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 25 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 25 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» JIHAD WATCH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 11:38 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
WORTHY NEWS - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 11:18 pm by Admin

» AISH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 10:24 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 10:21 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» israelAM
WORTHY NEWS - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 10:09 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 9:54 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 9:51 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 7 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:49 pm by Admin

» Pressure from UN Threats
WORTHY NEWS - Page 7 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:45 pm by Admin

» Ship that obliterated Baltimore bridge
WORTHY NEWS - Page 7 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:44 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 7 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:08 pm by Admin

» Be Fervent in Spirit
WORTHY NEWS - Page 7 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 10:54 pm by Admin

» Remain in God - iBelieve Truth
WORTHY NEWS - Page 7 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 1:25 am by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
WORTHY NEWS - Page 7 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 12:43 am by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
WORTHY NEWS - Page 7 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 11:40 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 7 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 11:00 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
WORTHY NEWS - Page 7 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 8:54 pm by Admin

» Is Gaza Really Starving
WORTHY NEWS - Page 7 EmptySun 24 Mar 2024, 11:40 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
WORTHY NEWS - Page 7 EmptySun 24 Mar 2024, 10:08 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

WORTHY NEWS

Page 7 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20 ... 34  Next

Go down

WORTHY NEWS - Page 7 Empty Re: WORTHY NEWS

Post  Admin Mon 24 Apr 2023, 10:13 am

Elaine, feast your eyes on this!

Proverbs 15:15 All the days of the afflicted are evil: but he that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast.

Solomon wrote, "a merry heart has a continual feast!" But why does it seem like so many of us are not feasting? How do we maintain a merry heart?

Too often, we brood and complain over all the things we lack. Somehow we've come to believe that if good things would only come our way, we'd be truly happy. But it's not good things that bring a merry heart - it's living a life of wholehearted faith!

Paul said that he was content both in want and in plenty! Mathew Henry said, "Discontent is a sin that is its own punishment and makes men torment themselves; it makes the spirit sad, the body sick, and all the enjoyments sour; it is the heaviness of the heart and the rottenness of the bones." A third-century man penned these last words to a friend: "It's a bad world, an incredibly bad world. But I have discovered in the midst of it a quiet and holy people who have learned a great secret. They have found a joy which is a thousand times better than any pleasure of our sinful life. They are despised and persecuted, but they care not. They are masters of their souls. They have overcome the world. These people are the Christians--and I am one of them."

Lord, help us not to focus on the worldly things we lack. Help us to master our souls and overcome the world. We want to be men and women of GREAT FAITH! Lord, you have come that Your joy would remain in us, and that our joy would remain FULL! Help us to experience the full joy you have for us today! In Jesus Name we pray!

Elaine, let's begin feasting and filling our spiritual bellies with the His Word! Let's make our mouths to be filled with His praise! The joy of the Lord is our strength!

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Obadiah and Elianna (Going to Christian College in Dallas, Texas)
Jerusalem, Israel
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 21 Apr 2023, 1:32 pm

Elaine, don't crash!

John 8:36 If the Son, therefore, shall make you free, you shall be free indeed.

We know a Christian woman who has struggled with her past for years. She rarely thinks or speaks of anything else. And as a result, her life has just spiraled downward, despite all our attempts to minister to her. It breaks our hearts to see.

Have you ever tried looking in your rearview mirror while you drive your car forward? Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it? But this is what we're actually doing when we constantly think about our past as we try to move forward in the Lord! It's a surefire way to crash.

Elaine, we need to learn from the past, not live in it. Be released today of the "woulda, coulda, and shoulda's" of your past. We cannot move forward unless we stop looking backward and focus on the great things God has for us ahead!

Shabbat Shalom! Enjoy your weekend!

George, Baht Rivka, Obadiah and Elianna (Going to Christian College in Dallas, Texas)
Dead Sea, Israel
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 20 Apr 2023, 3:48 pm

Elaine, live it out!

Psalms 112:6-7 Surely he shall not be moved for ever: the righteous shall be in everlasting remembrance. He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the LORD.

I recently arrived back in Israel last week, and upon my arrival, there were severe thunderstorms, something unusual for this time of year. In these thunderstorms, rivers are often created in the desert, and the highway road along the Dead Sea is often closed during this time. Last week, a few people died traveling along this road as its car was carried away by a flash flood. This reminded me of another incident in my own life.

A few years ago, I was driving to the Dead Sea region to pick up a package when a river from the desert suddenly exploded out of nowhere, sideswiped my car, and nearly washed me into the Dead Sea. The river's force was so powerful that it lifted the rear end of my car off the road, ripping off most of the bumper, while the front wheels struggled to maintain traction as I desperately maneuvered out of the cataract forward to safety. For the next 7 hours, I was stuck between two rivers as the rains that came down over Israel the night before inundated numerous valleys leading to the Dead Sea. I later spoke with a police officer who informed me that a driver in similar circumstances was carried into the Dead Sea the previous month and drowned!

I believe this is a prophetic picture of what will take place in the near future. When the "rivers" come out of nowhere -- will you be wiped into the sea with no hope? Or will you be one of those who witness the raging rivers but is secure on the rock?

I wrote about building your house on the rock -- but the key is DOING what Yeshua (Jesus) says... "He that hears and does them" -- it's all about how you are LIVING it out!

Elaine, take the Lord's words to heart -- live them out -- it could be a matter of life and death.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 15 Mar 2023, 5:12 pm

Elaine, learn from His example!

Luke 6:12-13 In these days he went out to the mountain to pray, and all night he continued in prayer to God. And when day came, he called his disciples and chose from them twelve, whom he named apostles:

In these days, we have to pray for wisdom! In the letter of James, the Lord's brother, he writes, “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God who gives to all liberally...” [James 1:5] The context for this request is trials! Since this is a time of almost constant trials, God knows we need His wisdom, more than ever.

As a minister and watchman, I’m often asked what I expect to happen, and what is my advice for it. I can say one thing for sure; the world situation is extremely volatile, with shifting paradigms, and we absolutely must get God's individual and personal wisdom to navigate these last days.

Yeshua (Jesus) Himself spent a lot of time in prayer. You might think He didn't need to do that since He was in constant fellowship with his Father, anyway. But it's clear He needed to get away to concentrate on that relationship and to listen carefully and intently. If the very Son of God needed that time in prayer, how much more do we?

Luke reports that the Lord spent all night in prayer before He chose His disciples. Apparently this was a prerequisite for one of the most important decisions He had to make. Take it to heart; important decisions should NEVER be made without committing yourself to God in prayer, and the more significant the decision, the more concentrated time you should spend hearing God's mind on the issue.

Elaine, make sure you are seeking the Lord for wisdom in these days, to be led of His Spirit, especially when decisions are before you. Rely on His promise to grant you wisdom generously, as He will to all that ask. Perhaps, in the past we've made bad decisions because we neglected to seek Him in prayer. We didn't ask, and thus failed to receive His wisdom. This time, and every time, from now on, follow the Lord’s example…

Baltimore, Maryland
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 14 Mar 2023, 6:52 pm

Elaine, be careful of sowing discord!

Proverbs 6:16-19 There are six things that the LORD hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

"One that sows discord among brothers" is an abomination to God. It’s an amazing passage that is often overlooked when considering offenses which God hates.

The events presently taking place around the world are causing more discord among people than I've seen in my lifetime. Everyone I've spoken with from around the world seems to agree that this phenomenon is increasing. And while it's understandable that people in the world are cracking and conflicted under pressure, it's even more troubling that this fracturing and division seems to be affecting the body of Messiah as well.

A particularly sad example of this surrounds the recently opened television station (Shelanu TV) in Israel developed by believers in Yeshua for communicating the Gospel to a Hebrew speaking audience. Amazingly, what could well be seen as a breakthrough in freedom of speech and the expression of NT faith in a substantially unreached nation, has been bitterly attacked by some believers calling for the station's removal.

Of course, everyone vehemently believes he's on GOD'S side of the argument. It would seem to be crystal clear that, as the Apostle Paul states, the Gospel is "to the Jew first". And how could anyone dispute that it was always the heart of God to reach the Jewish people with the Gospel. Paul even said he could wish himself to be accursed if only His people Jewish people might be saved. And we should absolutely share that passion with him.

But what counsel might we offer in a situation like this one? Apart from the details of the argument, and the passions on either side of it, I believe we need to follow Paul's instruction to Timothy: "The servant of the Lord must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, correcting his opponents in gentleness … that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the enemy."

Elaine, it's an attitude; not so much the "words", but "the music", the tone of the discussion, the way we "argue". Because, while there will always be disagreements and controversies among us, discord, and those who sow it are walking in the flesh, the sinful nature, a self-righteous and belligerent attitude, which is an abomination to our Lord. As passionate as we may be over an issue, we ought to remember that it's so easy to get in the flesh and sow discord among our brothers and sisters. But it's one of the things God hates, so keep it in mind.

Baltimore, Maryland
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 13 Mar 2023, 9:45 pm

Elaine, expect more!

Philippians 3:14-15 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as are perfect, have this attitude ; and if in anything you have a different attitude, God will reveal that also to you;

Ephesians 3:19-21 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

When Paul wrote to the Philippian church he spoke of pressing forward for the prize of the high calling. Though he was physically content whether rich or poor, [Philippians 4:11] the apostle was not content with his spiritual condition, but constantly seeking a deeper, more intimate, and fruitful walk with the Lord. Paul had great expectations for his own lifetime, and he accomplished tremendous things, yet if he'd known while writing his epistles that they would edify the lives of billions of people for 2000 years, I think he'd be saying to himself, "This I could never even have imagined!"

I was reading a quote by legendary preacher, D.L. Moody; "We honor God when we ask for great things. It is a humiliating thing to think that we are satisfied with very small results."

Why do we honor God when we ask for great things or expect more from Him? Simply because He is great, far greater than we can imagine, but also because we are made in His image. His greatness is glorified by what He performs through our lives. If we desire great things, it's because we're reflecting His awesome nature. It is in us by nature to seek more and greater things -- just as Paul and D.L Moody did. We should not be ashamed of it when our motives are pure, because our Lord will be glorified all the more. Not seeking fame or fortune, but the glory of Yeshua (Jesus) crucified and risen, will be a lifetime of pressing forward, and accomplishing more than we ever could have imagined!

Elaine, allow your mind and your heart to think and to dream of great accomplishments for Yeshua. He Himself said through Paul that He is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, so let's honor God by seeking the greatest things and then watch Him fulfill more than we could ever have imagined!

Baltimore, Maryland

Editor's Note: New Video Released: East Palestine, Jesus Revolution, the Ashbury Revival, Israel and Purim and the J6 Protests!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 10 Mar 2023, 4:22 pm

Elaine, put your faith into action!

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

Throughout the Bible, the faith of the saints was never something passive -- but rather a faith of action.

If Abraham never acted on His faith, He would never have departed to the "land of milk and honey" or birthed a new nation. If Moses never acted on His faith, He would never have led the children of Israel out of Egypt. If David never acted on His faith, He would never have defeated Goliath.

The Bible is filled with stories of saints whose faith was put into action -- action which God met with His own supernatural power to produce wonderful, miraculous and astounding results. God is a rewarder of faith!

Elaine, put your faith into action today and let your actions be fueled by your faith -- and perhaps, this will be a new day of miracles, breakthroughs, and victory ... for a life of faith -- is a life of victory!

Enjoy your weekend ... Shabbat Shalom!

Baltimore, Maryland

Editor's Note: New Video Released: East Palestine, Jesus Revolution, the Ashbury Revival, Israel and Purim and the J6 Protests!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 09 Mar 2023, 10:54 pm

Elaine, do you feel used?

Hebrews 13:20-21 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is well-pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.

While on the road to Damascus, Yeshua (Jesus) appeared to Saul, blinded him, and directed him to go to Damascus. There, God spoke to Ananias of Saul and told to lay hands on this troubled man. Ananias did as he commanded and Saul was filled with the Holy Spirit, healed of his blindness, and immediately baptized.

In another instance, while Cornelius was praying, God sent an angel to tell him "Go and find Peter and he shall tell you what you need to do." Cornelius, along with his household and friends, did what he commanded, and God used Peter to bring them all into the Kingdom!

God could have easily brought both Saul and Cornelius into the Kingdom without the intervention of any believer – but that was not His plan. He used Ananias, Peter and countless others to finish what He had already started!

In the same way, God wants to include us in His plans! He has been speaking to people in our families, neighborhoods, offices and everywhere else we go! He has been drawing them gently and He wants us to be a part of their salvation!

Elaine, God still speaks to his people, does he not? And we are his sheep and know His voice, do we not? Let's use this time of stress and turmoil -- as an opportunity to share the good news to a world that is ripe for harvest!

Baltimore, Maryland
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 08 Mar 2023, 12:09 pm

Elaine, STAND at the CROSS road!

Ephesians 5:13-17 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light. Therefore he says, "Awake, sleeping ones! And arise from the dead, and Christ shall give you light." See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is.

For those who have been following us, we have been ‘re-deployed’ to the United States at this pivotal moment in history. For those who know me personally, my heart is for revival and preparing the Bride of Messiah to meet her Creator.

We are now at a "Nivevah" moment in history … a great divide focused on the issue of freedom. Will true and lasting repentance preserve our freedom in the West to preach the Gospel unhindered in the years ahead? Or will darkness and tyranny overtake us forcing the battle for revival to continue in a context of governmental opposition or even captivity?

I cannot pretend to answer this critical question. (The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know and how much less I can predict); only that my deep conviction and ultimate security lies in the unshakable confidence that God loves me and holds me firmly in His powerful hands... And that by His grace I will walk in the works He has prepared for me, and that my food is to do his will and to finish the work He has given me.

Elaine, with prophecies all around, a great need for discernment, and a growing atmosphere that seems utterly out of control, we are desperately in need of a sure compass. And thank God, "True North" has never changed. The cross of Yeshua the Messiah points as certainly as ever in the direction of Eternal hope. Are you afraid of losing control? Don't give in to it. You can maintain poise and equanimity by choosing to submit yourself to the will of God, and by trusting Him unreservedly. If another awakening IS in God's plans, you will participate in it, individually, by STANDING at the CROSSroad, where Yeshua's triumph over sin was purchased and demonstrated in bodily resurrection. May a TRUE Christ-centered move of God penetrate this growing darkness!

Baltimore, Maryland
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 07 Mar 2023, 2:05 pm

Elaine, the birthing of the great awakening!

1 Peter 4:7-9 But the end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers. And above all things have fervent love for one another, for "love will cover a multitude of sins."

On New Year's day in 1739, 60 Moravians, several Oxford ministers including John and Charles Wesley, the great revivalist George Whitfield, and some ministers of the Church of England gathered together at “Fetter Lane” for an event called “The Moravian Love Feast.” That night the power of God fell! As they prayed in the New Year, John Wesley wrote, “About three in the morning, as we were continuing instant in prayer, the power of God came mightily upon us, insomuch that many cried for exceeding joy, and many fell to the ground. As soon as we were recovered a little from that awe and amazement at the presence of His Majesty, we broke out with one voice, "We praise Thee, O God; we acknowledge Thee to be the Lord!”

This was one of the great nights in church history and would be the starting point for the Wesleyan revivals as well as the revivals of George Whitfield. The Great Awakening had begun ... and if you study church history, you'll discover that those who met that night did not agree theologically.

John Wesley and George Whitfield were in sharp theological disagreement. Wesley held strong Arminian beliefs, which emphasized free will, while Whitfield was a Calvinist, which emphasized predestination. Yet despite their differences God used both men mightily to bring thousands to Himself!

A group of committed men of different denominations and theologies gathered together in love of their Savior and simply sought the power of God ... and the power of God came!

Elaine, may we too simply seek the power of God realizing that His plan is greater than our differences. This gospel of the Kingdom must be preached to all nations ... then the end shall come. When our unity opens the way for His Spirit upon us, amazing things will be sure to follow; souls saved, healed and delivered.

Baltimore, Maryland
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 06 Mar 2023, 3:19 pm

Elaine, it's not numbers ... it's power!

Acts 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

Continuing our exciting account of the Moravian Revival I have to highlight the minuscule quantity of saints involved. This was, in proportion to its astounding effect, a very small group, a little church. Yet the amazing demonstration of God's principle of power through unity re-echoes the events at Pentecost when 120 believers also were in profound unity waiting on the Lord. It wasn't the numbers, but the removal of contention and division that paved the way for a 100-year revival.

This apparent recapitulation of the biblical Pentecost was noted and described by John Greenfield, a Moravian historian:

“The spiritual experience of the Moravian Brethren bears a striking resemblance to the Pentecostal power and results in the days of the Apostles. The company of believers both at Jerusalem and Herrnhut numbered less than three hundred souls. Both congregations were humanly speaking totally devoid of worldly influence, wisdom, power and wealth. On both of these small and weak congregations God poured out His Holy Spirit and endued them with power from on high. At once these believers, naturally timid and fearful, were transformed into flaming evangelists. Supernatural knowledge and power seemed to possess them.” It was not a massive spiritual army that led this movement – but a contingent of determined souls in spiritual unity seeking God.

Elaine, both Pentecost and the Moravian revival were sovereign works of God with untold temporal and eternal effects. Yet we can be encouraged that human vessels were prepared and endued for these mighty outpourings and the works which flowed from them. Though our times are increasingly evil, and even because they are, we must find our way to unity and spirit filled communion with one another, no matter whatsoever the size or numbers of our fellowship.

Baltimore, Maryland

Editor's Note: Latest YouTube Video: Is it time for the spring rain? George Whitten dives into the current events in Russia, Ukraine, and Israel. He goes into detail about the events taking place in the Asbury Awakening and postulates from the Bible whether or not we are at the last great move of God.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 03 Mar 2023, 4:43 pm

Elaine, may the glory fall!

John 17:21-23 that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.

The Moravian revival, our current subject, began in the little community of Herrnhut on August 13, 1727, with a tremendous outpouring of the Holy Spirit likened to that of Acts 2. It was a work of God that would transform this group of splintered Christian settlers into a unified missionary endeavor committed to reaching the unsaved around the world.

To that end, the “Moravian Revival” established a prayer meeting that would last around the clock for over 100 years. That day, community members departed the church meeting in holy awe, "hardly knowing whether they belonged to earth or had already gone to Heaven.”

Their recorded description of this experience:

"We saw the hand of God and his wonders, and we were all under the cloud of our fathers baptized with their Spirit. The Holy Ghost came upon us and in those days great signs and wonders took place in our midst. From that time scarcely did we beheld His almighty workings amongst us. A great hunger after the Word of God took possession of us so that we had to have three services every day. Everyone desired above everything else that the Holy Spirit might have full control. Self-love and self-will as well as disobedience disappeared and an overwhelming flood of grace swept us all out into the great ocean of Divine Love."

Years later, Zinzendorf spoke of the event, "We needed to come to the communion with a sense of the loving nearness of the Savior. This was the great comfort which has made this day a generation ago to be a festival, because on this day twenty-seven years ago the Congregation of Herrnhut assembled for communion (at the Berthelsdorf church) were all dissatisfied with themselves. They had quit judging each other because they had become convinced, each one, of his lack of worth in the sight of God and each felt himself at this communion to be in view of the noble countenance of the Savior.

What changed this community was a holy and piercing inspection of their lives in the light of Almighty God – a devotion to each other despite their differences – and a passion for the commission that God gave them.

Elaine, may we too learn such humility and know such passion... Have a great weekend! Shabbat Shalom!

Baltimore, Maryland

Editor's Note: Latest YouTube Video: Is it time for the spring rain? George Whitten dives into the current events in Russia, Ukraine, and Israel. He goes into detail about the events taking place in the Asbury Awakening and postulates from the Bible whether or not we are at the last great move of God.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 02 Mar 2023, 5:22 pm

Elaine, seek unity ... not conformity!

Ephesians 4:2-6 with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Yesterday we wrote about one of the greatest moves of God ... the Moravian Revival. When the community was in complete disarray, Count Zinzendorf focused on how they could live together in love despite their differences. He called all the men together for an intense study of the Scriptures to focus on how Christian life in community was portrayed. These studies combined with intense prayer convinced many of the believers that they were called to live together in love and that their disunity and conflict were contrary to the clear calling of Scripture.

Zinzendorf’s dream was to see the differences among the community's many traditions become secondary to a corporate unity in love. In the history of the Moravian revival, we read:

“Zinzendorf was not aiming at organizational unity and uniformity among Christians and did not desire the dissolution of particular traditions, but rather their binding together in fraternal charity, mutual respect, communication and communion within a sort of loose federation.”

Thus they learned to agree to disagree on certain subjects – the one thing they agreed upon was the emphasis on love – and this was necessary in order to fulfill the “great commission."

Elaine, the complexities of God's truth will make uniformity in all doctrines impossible for all believers. It is even probable that secondary issues may be used of God to test our hearts. The essential truths of the faith, however, are indisputable among true brethren and they form the truth basis for our unity. The Moravian Revival motto was, "in essentials unity, in non-essentials liberty, but in all things love!" Revivals always reveal the veracity and power of this motto, and their fruit is the result of God's wonderful unifying presence. We will not compromise on the essentials (though some may even disagree on what they are); and we will peacefully discuss our convictions about secondary issues, agreeing to disagree and preserving the unity of the spirit in the bond of peace.

Baltimore, Maryland

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 28 Feb 2023, 5:50 pm

Elaine, be wary of institutionalism!

2 Corinthians 3:17-18 Now the Lord is the Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, `there' is liberty. But we all, with unveiled face beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are transformed into the same image from glory to glory, even as from the Lord the Spirit.

Revivals, that is, genuine Divinely ordained seasons of the activity of God among men, have a universally unusual character. Normal activities and behaviors give way to the tangible influence of God's Holy Spirit, whose inspiration brings a freedom of expression, emotion, conviction, worship, and other variations from normal experience.

Students of revival have observed certain patterns in the development of these social/spiritual events, one of which is the strong tendency of men to apply structure to the unfettered activity of the Spirit. Time and again, revival gives way to human intervention, which yields such phenomena as denominations, ministries, organizations, etc. The glorification of significant agents of God, preachers, teachers, or prophetic voices produces these institutional expressions, which begin to lose the vitality of the original revival, and eventually actually inhibit or severely limit the Divine enthusiasm engendered by God's real presence.

Consider that the birth of the Methodist church did not begin until John Wesley, the great revivalist, had passed away. Wesley had never intended to break from the Church of England, but when the Church defrocked him, he was forced to preach outdoors, and his anointed life produced an open-air revival affecting thousands. Wesley himself did not form the Methodist Church in England; others did, turning the revivalist into a denomination after he died.

William Booth was a prominent Methodist evangelist and later was barred from peaching in 1861 from all Methodist congregations. He and his wife began tent meetings in Whitechapel in East London. He soon formed the “Christian Revival Society,” which later became “The Salvation Army.” The rest is history...

Elaine, the delicate balance between order and freedom is easily upset. What we know is that humans tend toward taking a level of control, which eventually inhibits the work of the Spirit of God. God's work can look "messy" when He is upsetting the status quo in order to get our attention and draw us to Himself during these Divine interruptions we call "revival." But He knows how to build His church, and we don't. He told us to make disciples, not build His church. True revivals give us more souls to work with, bless and build up. That's a good thing.

Melbourne, Florida
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 27 Feb 2023, 5:46 pm

Elaine, be careful what you try to stamp out!

Matthew 13:27-29 So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’ But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them.

In the late 1800s, an awakening in South Africa led by Andrew Murray was a powerful move of God. Studying that revival yields essential insights concerning the events occurring now throughout the United States. As the spirit of God began to move in Cape Town, Murray compared the SA revival with past experiences of revivals in Europe. He decided that the intense “emotionalism” was a false experience of God and charged in to break up the meeting. Stepping out of the church, he encountered his father standing and weeping. His father rebuked Andrew, “How dare you stop something that I have prayed to happen for 30 years!”

The rebuke cut Andrew so deeply that he refused to preach for months. He sat in the back of the church, repentant, and contrite until finally, the elders of his church picked him up and carried him into the pulpit. He preached with great anointing and led the South African Awakening, during which over 5 million came to the Lord.

When God moves, many things begin to occur such that misinterpretation and profound misunderstanding inevitably accompany His purposes and work. We see this in the Lord's ministry as His very presence drove demons into manifestation; [Luke 4:33-34].

We also have numerous examples of unusual activity and manifestations that God produced upon His servants in the Old Testament era.

The wondrous move of the Spirit in our time can also produce deep affect upon human souls, emotions that many may find excessive or even unendurable. Then, of course, there is the flesh, the sinful nature, which may respond in ways that have nothing of God in them. A revival, therefore, is an extremely complex social experience that lends itself to presumption on the part of those who are prone to take offense for one reason or another. And finally, the enemy himself will almost certainly move in to produce excesses and corrupt expressions to counterfeit and contaminate what God is doing. Therefore, we need to be very careful NOT to paint these moves with a "broad brush." We need to wait to examine the fruit.

The parable of the weeds and the wheat is useful here. The great revivalist George Whitfield interpreted this passage during the first great awakening saying, "If you try to stamp out the wildfire and remove what is false, you will equally and simultaneously remove what is real."

Elaine, our solution is simple: focus upon what is real and genuine by asking the Holy Spirit for discernment. If possible, go yourself and talk with people who've been there or have some first-hand experience; discern the character and trustworthiness of the witnesses. And pray! If ever there was a need for God to move in this world....(you finish the sentence)...

Melbourne, Florida
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 24 Feb 2023, 9:57 pm

Elaine, don't worry ... the ground is just being broken up!

Hosea 10:12 Sow for yourselves righteousness; reap steadfast love; break up your fallow ground, for it is the time to seek the LORD, that he may come and rain righteousness upon you.

Much of the world is dealing with the greatest disruption of their lives… probably in their lifetimes, particularly in the West, and what is known as the "First World". Here's a helpful perspective toward understanding what is taking place.

Imagine for a moment that your life is a farm… a plot of land set aside to produce a crop. The Farmer knows what He needs to do to prepare an abundant harvest. Your soil is fallow, hardened, full of weeds. The seeds are dry and must absorb water to initiate respiration and begin to digest their stored food, and respiration requires sufficient oxygen in soil that is moist and broken up. Your field must be turned over and plowed.

Plowing seems to do violence to soil in its fallow state. Yet nothing will grow or can even be planted in hard unplowed soil. The plow turns the soil upside down and inside out, looks like a disaster zone, as thousands of weeds and chunks of earth fly apart. Insects in the soil endure an apocalyptic experience, and some of them are killed by the metal blades and crashing mounds of earth. The farmer is simply doing his job, what he must do to prepare an abundant harvest.

Elaine, now that the Farmer is preparing His field, and the mounds of earth and weeds are flying everywhere, step back if you can and observe what is taking place. The world is His field, not ours. and His crop is righteousness and steadfast love in a fruitful crop of human souls. Fallow ground full of weeds will not do for a good harvest. Take the Farmer's perspective, endure the plow, and you will rejoice with him in the harvest to follow.

Be blessed and have a wonderful weekend! Shabbat Shalom!

Tampa Bay, Florida
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 23 Feb 2023, 6:43 pm

Elaine, pray revival in!

Psalm 85:6-7 Will You not revive us again, That Your people may rejoice in You? Show us Your mercy, Lord, And grant us Your salvation.

The revivalist D.L. Moody was on vacation in England from his ministry in Chicago. At one point during his sabbatical there, a local pastor prevailed upon Moody to speak at his parish church. So D.L. went to preach the next Sunday morning. That afternoon he recorded in his journal that it was the deadest crowd he had ever seen, and the only thing worse than preaching to those people was that he had promised to speak again the same night.

But that night, midway through his sermon, something happened. The people started to come to life, and Moody felt compelled to ask if anyone would like to become a Christian. Many people stood up. He was taken aback, "Maybe you don't understand what I am asking. So when we are dismissed if you want to become a Christian come over to this little room and meet with me." When the service was over, D.L went to the room and it was packed, and many became believers.

Now he was on vacation, and so next day, Moody boarded a train for Ireland...but the Lord had other plans. Disembarking in Ireland he found a message awaiting him, "Come back. Revival has broken out." So Moody returned to the church and preached for 10 straight nights and over 400 people came to the Lord. Moody was perplexed. How could he have known that an 80-year-old widow named Mary Ann Adeland had read one of his sermons in the newspaper and begun praying every day that God would bring D.L. Moody to her church?

Elaine, we might well wonder what this thing is about prayer...especially prayer in the secret place. How does it work? Why does it work? A little old widow's love and concern for her spiritually dead neighbors inspires her to pray relentlessly and specifically, and the vacation plans of a great revivalist are adjusted for a local harvest, a God-orchestrated vacation revival for D.L. Moody, right in her hometown! Believers pray because they love, and little passionate souls like Mary Ann Adeland are hidden gems in the Lord's crown. How many spiritually dead neighbors do you have? If you see them with spiritual eyes, and you truly love them, consider your sister Mary Ann, her deep concern... and how the Lord channeled one of His trusted servants right into her neighborhood for a local revival.

Tampa Bay, Florida

Only a few days left to register. This is last call!!! Join us on an epic, life changing journey through Israel, through the eyes of those who are well acquainted with the culture, the people and the Land. This is not your average Israel tour— bring your family, bring your friends, and experience the REAL ISRAEL with George and Baht Rivka as your personal hosts.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 22 Feb 2023, 11:47 pm

Elaine, go through a personal revival!

Isaiah 44:3 For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:

I love to study past revivals, and in studying them, two recurring themes stand out:

First, He has often used obscure and unknown individuals to lead revivals, and even these men whom He used so powerfully never considered themselves "special" but often wanted to stay out of the limelight.

And secondly, I haven't read a story about a revivalist who did not first go through a personal revival himself! Revivals were not sparked until these men went through a season of personal desperation and yearning for the fire of God – and only after this season were they used by the Lord to change their generation.

How does this speak to us obscure, unknown individuals? It shows us that a true and deep hunger for God can grow into a significant and powerful calling on our lives -- a specific mission that God Himself will empower! It doesn't matter if you are rich or poor, old or young, educated or uneducated -- each of us has a potential destiny to accomplish great things for the Kingdom of God! But in order to go on and do those awesome works in His name, we need to be in a state of revival!

Elaine, let us seek after our own personal revival! We're alive for such a time as this -- to be spirit-filled vessels of revival to this lost and dying world! Press in, press on, and go forth in His Power...because there is so much work to be done!

Tampa Bay, Florida

Only a few days left to register. This is last call!!! Join us on an epic, life changing journey through Israel, through the eyes of those who are well acquainted with the culture, the people and the Land. This is not your average Israel tour— bring your family, bring your friends, and experience the REAL ISRAEL with George and Baht Rivka as your personal hosts.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 21 Feb 2023, 7:39 pm

Elaine, revival is available to us today!

Hosea 10:12 Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the LORD, till he come and rain righteousness upon you.

Revival is that sovereign work of God in which He visits His own people, restoring and releasing them into the fullness of His blessing. -- Robert Coleman

Over the years I've often gotten emails asking "Do you think revival will ever come to the United States?, When do you think it will come?" While re-reading Charles Finney's lectures on revival recently, I was reminded that a key aspect of world revival is revival within ourselves. Revival must begin within each of us.....and it's not just a one-time event but an ongoing process of desiring to be closer to Him. Once, a lady asked Billy Sunday "Why do you keep having revival meetings?" And he quickly retorted, "Why do you always take a bath?"

Elaine, revival is an ongoing transformation of our hearts to be constantly moved by the Spirit of God. We need to be daily breaking up our fallow ground, those places in our hearts which we've allowed to grow hard. How? We have to first ask the Lord to reveal those hard places, pray that He would forgive us and ask Him to heal all our rough edges that we might be soft before Him and sensitive to His leading. Only then will we be changed and be in a place where we can contribute to revival around us.

Tampa Bay, Florida

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 20 Feb 2023, 10:35 pm

Elaine, keep digging!

Isaiah 58:11 And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.

Bill Bright tells an amazing story in his book, "How You Can Be Filled with the Holy Spirit".

During the Great Depression, poverty swept across America like a whirling tornado, ripping up dreams and scattering hopes to the wind. One such poverty twister hit a small part of Texas where a man named Yates ran a sheep ranch. Struggling even to keep food on the table, Yates and his wife did all they could to survive. Finally, they had to accept a government subsidy or lose their home and land to the creditors.

One day, in the midst of this bleakness, a geologic crew from a large oil company came knocking. With Yates' permission, they wanted to drill a wildcat well on his property, promising him a large portion of the profits if they struck oil. "What could I lose?" thought Yates, and he signed the papers.

The oil crew immediately set up the machinery and began drilling. Five hundred feet down, they came up dry. Eight hundred feet, dry. One thousand feet they sunk the shaft, and still no oil. Finally, at a little over eleven hundred feet, they tapped into one of the richest oil reserves in Texas. The hole sprayed its black wealth high into the air, and soon the well was pumping eighty thousand barrels of oil a day.Overnight, Yates and his family became millionaires. His property, once called Yate's Field, became known as Yate's Pool. And soon hundreds of oil wells dotted the land where once only sheep grazed.

Hmm. What if they had stopped at a thousand feet?? I believe that there is a well of blessing within us that is just waiting to be found. And the victory will only come when we dig for it. We need to to press in when the circumstances look their bleakest! We need to believe that the blessing is there for the taking and not stop when we get discouraged and don't see the fruit of our labor! We need to expect great things and rich oil in the Spirit! Because this is what the Lord has for each one of us!

Elaine, our breakthrough is just under our feet! Be encouraged! Keep digging! God has more in store than you can imagine!

Tampa Bay, Florida

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 16 Feb 2023, 4:47 pm

Elaine, from the pit to rule!

Ephesians 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

When Joseph was thrown into prison, his life was thought to be over. How could anyone escape an Egyptian prison? But then, in one day, according to God's perfect timing, he was instantly promoted to reign over all of Egypt with only the Pharoah ("god on earth") as his Lord. Could there be a transformation more sudden, astounding, and dramatic! So it was for Yeshua (Jesus) as He fulfilled the identity of Mashiach ben Yosef, suffering to death for our sins, but then, on one day, supernaturally resurrected and now seated at the right hand of the Father (God in Heaven). Such an amazing parallel!

Now we need to come fully to this realization: that the moment we came to faith in Yeshua, the Father instantly and supernaturally delivered us from the kingdom of darkness into the Kingdom of the Son He loves. In one moment, we were regenerated as sons and daughters of the Most High and spiritually seated with Him in heavenly places. Even as we remain in our flesh awaiting our incorruptible bodies, our Spirit has been born into a Holy Family and a Royal Priesthood.

So, we are called to be overcomers, to war and to win, and to exercise authority in Yeshua's name...

Elaine, ...but are you still "in the pit"? Then please take this realization to heart: the resurrection life of Yeshua remains within you, enabling you to endure. And that, too is a kind of victory. As you submit to His discipline in faith, your day will come to exercise greater authority in His Name, just as it did for Joseph. He patiently endured his trial of faith and was raised up, so you also can, through Yeshua's indwelling Presence, arrive at a new day of release and victory...maybe tomorrow, maybe even today! Amen.

Daytona Beach, Florida

Registration is closing soon! Join us on an epic, life changing journey through Israel, through the eyes of those who are well acquainted with the culture, the people and the Land. This is not your average Israel tour— bring your family, bring your friends, and experience the REAL ISRAEL with George and Baht Rivka as your personal hosts.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 15 Feb 2023, 11:49 pm

Elaine, persecution is coming? Are you ready?

Genesis 37:4 And when his brethren saw that their father loved him more than all his brethren, they hated him, and could not speak peaceably unto him.

John 15:25 But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.

Matthew 5:11-12 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Being hated without cause is an aspect of Messianic prophecy that applies to both Mashiach ben Yosef and Mashiach ben David. Just as Joseph was hated by his brothers, and David was hated by Saul without cause, is it any wonder that Yeshua (Jesus) was hated by the world without cause -- thus fulfilling a Messianic Psalm. [Psalm 69:4]. And should it surprise us that He is still hated? And if Yeshua was hated without a cause, should we expect our lives to be any different?

As thousands of saints suffered intense persecution in ages past, and thousands are still being persecuted today (126,000 martyrs last year alone), they prepare(d) the way for the salvation of millions of others. Since Yeshua said, "Greater love hath no man than this that he lay down his life for his friends," the love expressed by the martyrs is a tremendous source of inspiration to all of us.

Elaine, as we are rapidly approaching the end of the age, we can expect persecution to be on the rise. We're sent out as sheep among wolves – so lift your head high when suffering persecution for the Lord. Your response of faith and love could well lead to the salvation of the ones persecuting you!

Daytona Beach, Florida

Registration is closing soon! Join us on an epic, life changing journey through Israel, through the eyes of those who are well acquainted with the culture, the people and the Land. This is not your average Israel tour— bring your family, bring your friends, and experience the REAL ISRAEL with George and Baht Rivka as your personal hosts.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 14 Feb 2023, 9:44 pm

Elaine, you're chosen for a task!

Hebrews 1:8,9 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

As we continue our study of Mashiach ben Yosef, we observe that both Joseph and Yeshua (Jesus) were chosen or "anointed" for a special task. When Jacob gifted his son Joseph with a coat of many colors, lifting him up above his brothers, he reflected Joseph's calling by the Lord for a life work as a leader.

The preparation for this role was grueling. Joseph endured the fires of testing, sold into slavery, thrown into prison, and seemingly abandoned by God he must have wondered to himself, “Why is this happening?” It seems clear from hindsight that Joseph was learning the deep humility required for God's kind of leadership. We also see the humility of the Son of God in His Incarnation and crucifixion. ("My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?") So as Joseph saved the whole world from physical death by starvation, Yeshua saved the whole world from spiritual death, the judgment of sin.

Elaine, if you have seen signs of your own anointing for a specific task, and find yourself in the midst of painful "unexplainable" trials and tribulations, you're in good company. God gives responsibility to people of character. Both Joseph and Yeshua are beautiful examples of the kind of leader God loves--a humble one.

Daytona Beach, Florida

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 13 Feb 2023, 4:14 pm

Elaine, revealer of secrets!

Gen 41:45a And Pharaoh called Joseph's name Zaphnathpaaneah (“Decipherer of Secrets”);

Joseph interpreted dreams and revealed their meaning to those around him, and so Pharaoh gave him the name, Tsofnat Paneach (Zaphnathpaaneah), which means the "Decipherer or Revealer of Secrets." Yeshua (Jesus), at his first advent, coming as the suffering servant or otherwise known as "Mashiach ben Yosef," also came revealing secrets, not as an interpreter of dreams, but as one who disclosed the secrets of men.

Yeshua's teaching consistently exposed the innermost thoughts of the heart, forcing them into the light. As the living Word of God, His words, like a sword, cut through deception and went straight to the motives of men. Exposing sin through deep conviction, He presents the opportunity for real and sincere confession. He can then remove those sins through His atoning death.

Elaine, Yeshua's insight and the conviction of His word are a gift. If He probes you in the secret places, it's only because He loves you so much and because He wants to reveal His grace and power to cleanse you. When you read His Word or seek Him in prayer, don't be surprised if you discover some of your own secrets, things you may have even hidden from yourself. He will reveal what He wants you to see, what He wants you to confess, and what He wants to help you change. And then, you will also discover a "secret" love He was waiting to show you.

Daytona Beach, Florida
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 10 Feb 2023, 4:35 pm

Elaine, you are beloved!

Genesis 37:3 Now Israel loved Joseph more than all his children, because he was the son of his old age: and he made him a coat of many colors.

Matthew 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

1 John 3:1 Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him.

Another interesting correlation we draw from Mashiach Ben Joseph is how Joseph was the object of his father’s (Jacob) love, just as Yeshua (Jesus) was loved of our Heavenly Father. This preference Jacob had for Joseph was unequivocal, and it was also pretty controversial among his brothers. Competition among siblings seemed to infect the family just as it can in many of our own families. But the beauty of Joseph's place in his father's heart emerges when we realize that, as a type of Yeshua (Jesus), Joseph powerfully illustrates the love our Heavenly Father has for all of us, equally and intensely, so there's no need or cause for competition among us.

Now Jacob's love for Joseph was connected with his love for Rachel and the long wait for a son by his beloved wife. Joseph didn't have to do anything to earn Jacob's love. It was not based on his performance, even though it turned out that his character was pretty sterling. Likewise, our Father's love for us is totally based in His love for Yeshua, not on our performance. Our HIGHS do not exalt us, and our LOWS do not depress us in the sight of the Father. Our acceptance is not dependent on us but rather on Him who sits on the throne, Who never changes!

Elaine, rejoice, for you are accepted in the “beloved!” You may say to yourself, "There's nothing good here!" But remember that God the Father is seeing His Son when He looks at you. Your struggle against temptation and sin only proves that you have been lovingly adopted into His family, and fully identified with His beloved Son. Realizing this is a source of tremendous freedom, prompting deep gratitude and a growing desire for relationship with God. Shabbat Shalom!

Daytona Beach, Florida

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20 ... 34  Next