World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 22 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 22 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
A Personal Commitment: Nehemiah 8 Building the walls- Ezra Scroll Declaration EmptyToday at 12:25 am by Admin

» Israel 365 News
A Personal Commitment: Nehemiah 8 Building the walls- Ezra Scroll Declaration EmptyYesterday at 11:42 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
A Personal Commitment: Nehemiah 8 Building the walls- Ezra Scroll Declaration EmptyYesterday at 11:37 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
A Personal Commitment: Nehemiah 8 Building the walls- Ezra Scroll Declaration EmptyYesterday at 11:34 pm by Admin

» israelAM
A Personal Commitment: Nehemiah 8 Building the walls- Ezra Scroll Declaration EmptyYesterday at 11:30 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
A Personal Commitment: Nehemiah 8 Building the walls- Ezra Scroll Declaration EmptyYesterday at 11:03 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
A Personal Commitment: Nehemiah 8 Building the walls- Ezra Scroll Declaration EmptyYesterday at 10:21 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
A Personal Commitment: Nehemiah 8 Building the walls- Ezra Scroll Declaration EmptyYesterday at 10:15 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
A Personal Commitment: Nehemiah 8 Building the walls- Ezra Scroll Declaration EmptyYesterday at 9:26 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
A Personal Commitment: Nehemiah 8 Building the walls- Ezra Scroll Declaration EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 11:21 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
A Personal Commitment: Nehemiah 8 Building the walls- Ezra Scroll Declaration EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
A Personal Commitment: Nehemiah 8 Building the walls- Ezra Scroll Declaration EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:34 pm by Admin

» AISH
A Personal Commitment: Nehemiah 8 Building the walls- Ezra Scroll Declaration EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:18 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
A Personal Commitment: Nehemiah 8 Building the walls- Ezra Scroll Declaration EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:02 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
A Personal Commitment: Nehemiah 8 Building the walls- Ezra Scroll Declaration EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 12:08 am by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
A Personal Commitment: Nehemiah 8 Building the walls- Ezra Scroll Declaration EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024, 11:32 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
A Personal Commitment: Nehemiah 8 Building the walls- Ezra Scroll Declaration EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024, 11:21 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
A Personal Commitment: Nehemiah 8 Building the walls- Ezra Scroll Declaration EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024, 10:47 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
A Personal Commitment: Nehemiah 8 Building the walls- Ezra Scroll Declaration EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024, 10:42 pm by Admin

» Strangling Israel slowly
A Personal Commitment: Nehemiah 8 Building the walls- Ezra Scroll Declaration EmptyMon 15 Apr 2024, 11:37 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

A Personal Commitment: Nehemiah 8 Building the walls- Ezra Scroll Declaration

Go down

A Personal Commitment: Nehemiah 8 Building the walls- Ezra Scroll Declaration Empty Re: A Personal Commitment: Nehemiah 8 Building the walls- Ezra Scroll Declaration

Post  Admin Mon 09 Dec 2019, 9:32 pm

God spoke to my heart in a Mighty way when reading Nehemiah and placed upon me to build up the walls of his Temple us his Living Stones
1 Peter 2:5.
 A Personal Commitment: Nehemiah 8 Building the walls- Ezra Scroll Declaration 1-Peter-2-5-
A Personal Commitment: Nehemiah 8 Building the walls- Ezra Scroll Declaration Nehemi11
Verse Thoughts
Trusting in the power of God and His faithfulness towards His people, together with a dedicated prayer life, is often the process God uses in forwarding His own plans and purposes for the redemption of His people. Nehemiah is a man who combined his active confidence in God with humble intercession and purposeful planning. The Lord often combines His divine work with human plans in forwarding His perfect will, when they are birthed in prayer - for the effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.

For four months this man of God interceded on behalf of his people and the ruined city of Jerusalem. The walls were broken and the gates were burned. Nehemiah knew, in his heart, what needed to be done, but was powerless to restore the city of his ancestors. It was when God moved the heart of the king to enquire about his cup-bearer's sorrow, that we see God's hand moving speedily, in a wonderful way, as plans were made for Nehemiah to be God's instrument to fulfil his heart's desire... and carry forward God's purpose and plan for His people and His Holy City.

Nehemiah journeyed to Jerusalem at the king's command, carrying a royal decree. But this man of God demonstrated great wisdom, for he did not blaze abroad the purpose of his visit. Nehemiah chose to secretly survey the broken walls and charred gates of the city, and consider the best way to proceed with his plan of restoration. "And so I arose in the night," we read,  "I and a few men with me. I did not tell anyone what my God was putting into my mind to do for Jerusalem, and there was no animal with me except the animal on which I was riding."

Nehemiah did not broadcast his mission, but formulated a plan and shared it with a few, trusted men, who shared his faith in God. Nehemiah was aware that spiritual forces would oppose God's work, and so he formulated his rebuilding project secretly. He trusted the Lord to remove any obstacles that might materialise and to provide all that was needed for the building programme, according to His riches in glory.

This man of prayerful action and dependent trust on God provides many lessons in working the work of God in our own lives. He did not give up in the face of terrible circumstances but turned to the Lord in prayer and consciously, or unconsciously, placed himself at God's disposal. He cast all his care on the Lord but also identified ways that the problem they faced could be overcome - so that when asked by the king what Nehemiah wanted him to do for him.. he was able to give a well-formulated plan.

Nehemiah did not immediately take the problem of Jerusalem's broken walls and burned gates on his own shoulders. He gave the problem to God in prayer, while considering in his mind a good way to achieve his objective. He did not abandon his position at court and rush to the city to sort things out, or begin a 'go-fund-me' project. He but went through the official channels - and made a valid suggestion to the king, with great foresight and courtesy. 

The time Nehemiah spent in prayer and intercession for the nation, gave the Lord an opportunity to use His faithful servant in the fulfilment of his heart's desire. Similarly, the way God moved the heart of the king, to provide everything that was needed for the rebuilding project, was a personal assurance that God had blessed Nehemiah's request and answered his prayer. I wonder if this prayerful man realised that before he had called on the name of the Lord, the answer was speeding on its way!

Today, we have the whole counsel of God and can see how king Artaxerxes, together with Cyrus the Great and emperor Darius were instruments God used to bring His people back to the promised land. It was also a starting point for a prophecy given to Daniel - "Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy place".

God is always ready to hear and answer the prayers and intercessions of His people. God is still in the business of using his faithful servants to forward His perfect plan of redemption. May we learn the many lessons that Nehemiah has to teach us and may we be servants of God, who... in active dependence on the Lord, pray into His plans and purposes and be ready and willing to be used to carry out His will.

My Prayer
Heavenly Father, what an encouragement to read how Nehemiah bathed all his concerns in prayer and was willing to be used by You to carry out Your will in his life. Give me the courage and discernment to combine humble intercession with purposeful planning. Give me clarity of thought when I am faced with difficulties and dangers, but keep me from straying from dependence on You (which honours Your name), to becoming self-dependence. Give me wisdom in the decisions I make and may I always be ready to give an answer for the faith I have in You, for Your greater praise and glory - this I ask in Jesus' name, AMEN.
A Personal Commitment: Nehemiah 8 Building the walls- Ezra Scroll Declaration Nehemi12
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A Personal Commitment: Nehemiah 8 Building the walls- Ezra Scroll Declaration Empty A Personal Commitment: Nehemiah 8 Building the walls- Ezra Scroll Declaration

Post  Admin Mon 08 Oct 2018, 12:02 pm

A Personal Commitment: Nehemiah 8 Building the walls- Ezra Scroll Declaration Araxer10   A Personal Commitment: Nehemiah 8 Building the walls- Ezra Scroll Declaration Ezrane10

A Personal Commitment  

“On the seals are the names of Nehemiah the governor ... the priests. And the Levites ... The chiefs of the people ... The rest of the people, the priests, the Levites, the gatekeepers, the singers, the temple servants, and all who have separated themselves.” Nehemiah 10:1-28 ESV

These were dangerous times, when it could be risky to take a stand for God. But some were bold, and made sure everyone knew where they stood. That they were committed to Him.

Nehemiah, Ezra, and others had returned to Judah from exile in Persia, seeking to rebuild the temple and the walls of Jerusalem. They faced strong enemies who were determined to prevent the completion of their goals. But they would not stop, remaining persistent.

Once the task was completed, they gathered for the celebration of the Feast of Booths, as the Levites led the people in a time of fasting and reading from God’s Word. Then, there was a powerful prayer, in which they all admitted the sins of their forefathers and made a commitment to stay faithful to God going forward.

But it was not enough to make a verbal promise. They made “a firm covenant in writing” with a “sealed document” which included “the names of many leaders” (Nehemiah 9:1-38). In fact, the Bible provides the specific names of eighty-four men who put their names on the seals. This list included political leaders and priests, singers and servants.

By making this public commitment, they knew others might examine their lives to see if they kept their word. The opposition also would be able to target these people in their efforts to disrupt God’s work. Yet they all made an uncompromising, public declaration of their commitment.

Throughout history, God has called His people to make public declarations. To make sure that others knew what they really believed. In your life, make sure you don’t compromise but are
willing to take a stand.

Prayer
Father, I commit my life to serving You. Open doors for me to testify to others. Use me and my resources for Your Kingdom. In Jesus’ name. Amen. Pray for more souls to be saved through Inspiration Ministries’ programs and digital outreaches. 

Extended Reading

Nehemiah 10

Last edited by Admin on Mon 09 Dec 2019, 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down