World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 33 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 32 Guests :: 1 Bot

Admin

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» JIHAD WATCH
Repent, Remove, Rejoice EmptyToday at 12:59 am by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Repent, Remove, Rejoice EmptyToday at 12:28 am by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Repent, Remove, Rejoice EmptyToday at 12:17 am by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Repent, Remove, Rejoice EmptyYesterday at 10:42 pm by Admin

» Year of the Death of Jesus
Repent, Remove, Rejoice EmptyYesterday at 10:27 pm by Admin

» AISH
Repent, Remove, Rejoice EmptyYesterday at 10:01 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Repent, Remove, Rejoice EmptyYesterday at 9:59 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Repent, Remove, Rejoice EmptyYesterday at 9:23 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
Repent, Remove, Rejoice EmptyYesterday at 9:09 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
Repent, Remove, Rejoice EmptyYesterday at 9:07 pm by Admin

» israelAM
Repent, Remove, Rejoice EmptyYesterday at 9:04 pm by Admin

» WHY DID GOD CREATE EVIL
Repent, Remove, Rejoice EmptyYesterday at 4:36 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Repent, Remove, Rejoice EmptyYesterday at 2:37 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Repent, Remove, Rejoice EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024, 11:18 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Repent, Remove, Rejoice EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024, 9:54 pm by Admin

» Pressure from UN Threats
Repent, Remove, Rejoice EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:45 pm by Admin

» Ship that obliterated Baltimore bridge
Repent, Remove, Rejoice EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:44 pm by Admin

» Be Fervent in Spirit
Repent, Remove, Rejoice EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 10:54 pm by Admin

» Remain in God - iBelieve Truth
Repent, Remove, Rejoice EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 1:25 am by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Repent, Remove, Rejoice EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 11:00 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Repent, Remove, Rejoice

Go down

Repent, Remove, Rejoice Empty Repent, Remove, Rejoice

Post  Admin Thu 07 Mar 2019, 12:14 am

Repent, Remove, Rejoice

In the warm glow of lamp light, the family room looked ready and welcoming for relatives visiting from the west. In the bright sunlight of morning, a different story appeared. There, to my chagrin, on the black DVD, DVR and cable box appeared layers of fine dust, hidden from sight in the darkened room, but in the bright light of morning, there for all to see. This scene reminded me of a verse in scripture: Psalm 90:8 - "You have set our iniquities before You. Our secret sin in the light of Your countenance."

We may think our sins are hidden where no one can see, but Almighty God knows. He is light and there is nothing hidden from His sight. As a layer of dust separates me from being a calm, relaxed hostess, so, too, does sin in our lives separate us from our heavenly Father: "Your iniquities have separated you from your God and your sins have hidden His face from you so that He will not hear." (Isaiah 59:2)

When my eyes see the dust and the prick of guilt strikes my being, what do I do? I grab my Swiffer, rub vigorously and remove those pesky dust bunnies. When the Holy Spirit convicts our souls of sin, what do we do? We run to our Heavenly Father and confess our sins.  

Confession is a combination of two Greek words - "homos" meaning same and "lego" meaning to say. Confession, therefore, means to agree with God, to see sin as God sees it and to acknowledge it is wrong. When we repent sincerely, we turn 180 degrees away from thoughts, words or actions which have been disobedient to God's word. We humble ourselves, rebuke the enemy, and draw close to our Heavenly Father.
God, for His part, is waiting for us to recognize our sin and turn to Him: "Lord, you are good and ready to forgive. In the day of my trouble, I will call to You and You will answer me." (Psalm 86:5a,7) When we confess, He forgives and removes our sin from us as far as the east is from the west: "I said, 'I will confess my transgressions to the Lord, and You forgave the iniquity of my sin.'" (Psalm 32:5)

When my house is clean, I can relax and enjoy visits with company. When our hearts are clean, we have a wonderful peace and a joy that is contagious. Not only do we have joy, but there is rejoicing in heaven: "Likewise I say to you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents." (Luke 15:10)

We've grown up learning our three R's - readin', 'ritin' and 'rithmatic. Even more important are three different R's - Repent, Remove, Rejoice. We repent, God removes, and we all rejoice. Thanks be to God for His wonderful words of wisdom!

…..Pat Earl (brian.earl@sympatico.ca) by way of “Christian Voices” (christianvoices@att.net)
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down