Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

THE FATHER WHO ENABLES US TO FINISH

Go down

THE FATHER WHO ENABLES US TO FINISH Empty Re: THE FATHER WHO ENABLES US TO FINISH

Post  pinkfrogfreak on Fri 11 Dec 2009, 12:22 am

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily hinders our progress. And let us run with endurance the race that God has set before us. -Hebrews 12:1"

Right now Heavenly Father, I am completely striping off everything that has hindered my ability to truly keep running. God I pray that through everything right now that you would just give me the strength and endurance to in fact run this race. And while Father I KNOW it is not going to be easy, and right now I am not strong enough to stand on my own two feet much less run but God even still I am crawling towards you. I am pressing on and moving forward but I can not do it alone and I know that I don't have to for you are with me, helping me, holding me and you have also blessed my life with some wonderful people to help me on the road to recovery and freedom. I WILL overcome this mess! I WILL be free! I WILL finish this race!
pinkfrogfreak
pinkfrogfreak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

THE FATHER WHO ENABLES US TO FINISH Empty THE FATHER WHO ENABLES US TO FINISH

Post  Admin on Fri 07 Nov 2008, 5:47 pm

THE FATHER WHO ENABLES US TO FINISH

Finishing first place in a race or two appears impressive, but endurance is more important than performance. An impatient performer invariably forgets the importance Christ places on right pacing. From the scriptures below, it is clear that faithfully being a finisher runs circles around patchily placing first.

"I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us up to heaven." -Philippians 3:14

I have fought a good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful. -2 Timothy 4:7

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily hinders our progress. And let us run with endurance the race that God has set before us. -Hebrews 12:1

Christ longs to see His own finish and in the parable below, He illustrates the price tag attached to becoming not only a faithful finisher, but also a faithful follower.

"But like young plants in such soil, their roots don't go very deep. At first they get along fine, but they wilt as soon as they have problems or are persecuted because they believe the word." -Matthew 13:21

My great-grandmother used to say, "Start out like you can hold out." Ever started something and failed to finish? Christ's disciple, Peter, began to sink as he started out over the water for the Savior. Did he fail to faithfully finish? Not a chance! Peter had more faith than most by his willingness to first get out of the boat.

Christ's presence was all it took to get Peter started across the stormy sea. Christ's power was all-sufficient as He offered Peter His saving grip of grace. And how do you think Peter made it back into the boat? With his very personal Savior by his side, Peter walked with confidence and finished what Christ stirred His disciple to start (Hebrews 10:35). He'll do the same for you and me. Whatever you start for His glory, He'll be faithful to empower you to finish with great purpose.

When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I am not afraid; what can flesh do to me? -Psalm 56:3-4

Hoping you'll have a great day today!

<>< ><> <><

Provided by Answers2Prayer
Admin
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down