World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 28 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 28 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
POTENTIALLY HARMFUL FOODS AND ADDITIVES. EmptyToday at 12:25 am by Admin

» Israel 365 News
POTENTIALLY HARMFUL FOODS AND ADDITIVES. EmptyYesterday at 11:42 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
POTENTIALLY HARMFUL FOODS AND ADDITIVES. EmptyYesterday at 11:37 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
POTENTIALLY HARMFUL FOODS AND ADDITIVES. EmptyYesterday at 11:34 pm by Admin

» israelAM
POTENTIALLY HARMFUL FOODS AND ADDITIVES. EmptyYesterday at 11:30 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
POTENTIALLY HARMFUL FOODS AND ADDITIVES. EmptyYesterday at 11:03 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
POTENTIALLY HARMFUL FOODS AND ADDITIVES. EmptyYesterday at 10:21 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
POTENTIALLY HARMFUL FOODS AND ADDITIVES. EmptyYesterday at 10:15 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
POTENTIALLY HARMFUL FOODS AND ADDITIVES. EmptyYesterday at 9:26 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
POTENTIALLY HARMFUL FOODS AND ADDITIVES. EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 11:21 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
POTENTIALLY HARMFUL FOODS AND ADDITIVES. EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
POTENTIALLY HARMFUL FOODS AND ADDITIVES. EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:34 pm by Admin

» AISH
POTENTIALLY HARMFUL FOODS AND ADDITIVES. EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:18 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
POTENTIALLY HARMFUL FOODS AND ADDITIVES. EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:02 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
POTENTIALLY HARMFUL FOODS AND ADDITIVES. EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 12:08 am by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
POTENTIALLY HARMFUL FOODS AND ADDITIVES. EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024, 11:32 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
POTENTIALLY HARMFUL FOODS AND ADDITIVES. EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024, 11:21 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
POTENTIALLY HARMFUL FOODS AND ADDITIVES. EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024, 10:47 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
POTENTIALLY HARMFUL FOODS AND ADDITIVES. EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024, 10:42 pm by Admin

» Strangling Israel slowly
POTENTIALLY HARMFUL FOODS AND ADDITIVES. EmptyMon 15 Apr 2024, 11:37 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

POTENTIALLY HARMFUL FOODS AND ADDITIVES.

Go down

POTENTIALLY HARMFUL FOODS AND ADDITIVES. Empty POTENTIALLY HARMFUL FOODS AND ADDITIVES.

Post  Admin Tue 02 Mar 2010, 5:03 pm

Posted by: "papa_de_q"

Greetings Gang!

And as always,
I pray that God blesses me to provide the most accurate information possible.

I pray that God blesses each and every one of us spiritually in such a way where a physical blessing may result and physically in such a way where a spiritual blessing is the end result.

I pray that God blesses us all in such a way, where the source of the blessing is apparent.

|||||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||
This is the beginning of a three (3) part series on POTENTIALLY HARMFUL FOODS AND ADDITIVES.
|||||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||

How much sense does it make to exercise regularly, take vitamins and mineral supplements daily, begin or continue an herbal regime and take all the nutritional supplements that you have deemed necessary for your good health and welfare – but at the same time consume or ingest multiple toxins substances on a daily basis?

It doesn't make good sense at all. So before any kind of health regime is started or implemented, it is only logical to begin with as clean a slate as possible. Not everyone can. And not everyone does. In many cases taking all of the above might simply be cost prohibitive. That being the case, we should try to avoid all of the refined and processed foods we possibly can.

This is a VERY GOOD START to any health regime and a very good start in managing any kind of health issue. I mean ANY KIND - whether it is a degenerative disease (cannot "catch" from others – like diabetes) or infectious disease (which can be caught from a person or animal – like a cold or rocky mountain spotted fever).

Many food additives can potentially harmful to optimum health. As such, I will cover a list of the just a few foods and additives commonly found in processed foods that are potentially harmful.

POTENTIALLY HARMFUL FOODS AND ADDITIVES – PT 1

HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OILS
Hydrogenated vegetable oils are terrible oils - nutritionally speaking. Take margarine for instance. Margarine is made from vegetable oils - usually corn. You've seen bottles of liquid corn oil at the grocer. How then is margarine able to stand up at room temperature? What's up with that? Oils are hydrogenated to make them stand up at room temperature like butter or animal fat. Hydrogenated oils are a cheap way to make artificial "butter". Hydrogenated vegetable oils are in shortening. They are in cereal, crackers, cookies and almost any processed food. It is in whipped cream. It's everywhere. Why is it in almost everything we eat? Obviously not to make cookies stand at room temperature. The plain and simple reason is hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oil extends the supermarket shelf life of products. To me, that means the germs don't want to eat it. Another way to look at is to ask your self a question. What is plastic made from? Oil of course. To make plastic we take crude oil and convert it into solid substances that can be made into useful objects. So here we take liquid vegetable oils and by infusing them with hydrogen and heating them up during the refining process, we convert them into solid substances that can be made into useful objects - sticks of margarine. Our bodies cannot properly or efficiently digest this substance. Diglycerides and mono-diglycerides are just other names for hydrogenated vegetable oils. Many food "manufacturers" (isn't "manufacturer" a strange term to be used with food?) simply put the word NATURAL on their products believing that we can't or won't read the ingredients label.

HVO is truly a culinary injustice and I could go and on but I'll just a list a list a couple websites on the subject:

From non other than the world renown Mayo Clinic:
http://www.mayoclin ic.com/health/ trans-fat/ CL00032

Another:
http://www.purezing .com/living/ toxins/living_ toxins_hydrogena ted.html

The sad truth is there is another nutritionally sound oil that will stand at room temperature and was used before the advent of HVO. See http://www.westonap rice.org/ More-Good- News-on-Coconut- Oil.html - You'll be amazed at what you read there. I guarantee it!!

HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP

It is pretty much common knowledge by now that high fructose corn syrup can wreaks havoc
throughout the body. Commonly referred to as HFCS, the sweetener accounts for more calories than any other food option in the entire American diet. Food and beverage manufacturers began switching their sweeteners from sucrose (table sugar) to corn syrup when they discovered that HFCS was not only cheaper to make, it was also much sweeter (processed fructose is nearly 20 times sweeter than table sugar), a switch that has drastically altered the American diet.

Obesity
Diabetes
LDL Cholesterol and Triglycerides Increase
Increased Risk of Heart Attack and Heart Disease (because of the high cholesterol)
Poor Immunity
Lack of Calories
Fatigue
Mood Swings and (sugar withdrawal, if you don't get more)

HFCS is so fraught with potential danger that I really wish you would read for yourself:

http://articles. mercola.com/ sites/articles/ archive/2007/ 07/10/how- high-fructose- corn-syrup- damages-your- body.aspx

http://www.aolhealt h.com/diabetes/ ask-an-expert/ negative- side-effects- of-consuming- high-fructose- corn-syrup

THE POINT I WANT TO MAKE HERE IS THESE ADDITIVES ARE IN JUST ABOUT ALL OF THE PROCESSED (REFINED) FOODS WE EAT. THINK ABOUT IT – WHENEVER YOU COOK FROM SCRATCH, AS YOU ARE ADDING HERBS AND SEASONINGS, DO YOU EVER REACH INTO THE CABINET FOR HVO OR HFCS? YOU DON'T HAVE IT IN YOUR CABIINET!! RE- FINED – AS IF GOD (AS YOU UNDERSTAND HIM) DID NOT MAKE FOOD FINE ENOUGH.

Next week, in POTENTIALLY HARMFUL FOODS AND ADDITIVES, I will cover aspartame and MSG.

But why take my word for it? IT'S YOUR HEALTH.

You can research anything mentioned on this site yourself. Some good
search engines are www.mamma.com, www.google.com or www.dogpile. com
Enter one or more keywords and do your own research.

Until next time remember .... most illness can be attributed to FOUR important factors that can weaken your immune system and your ability to fight off disease:

1. Anxiety, depression, anger, guilt and other STRESS factors
2. Improper and/or inadequate NUTRITION habits
3. A sedentary lifestyle that does not include enough EXERCISE
4. Not enough rest and quality SLEEP time

The United States Surgeon General warned Americans in a landmark 1988
report on Nutrition and Health that "diet related diseases account for
68% of U.S. deaths"

Remember, we ALWAYS recommend that you ALWAYS consult a professional
herbalist, naturopathologist or physician. We are just passing along
what we hope to be useful information.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

POTENTIALLY HARMFUL FOODS AND ADDITIVES. Empty Re: POTENTIALLY HARMFUL FOODS AND ADDITIVES.

Post  Admin Tue 09 Mar 2010, 3:56 pm

Greetings Dudes and Dudettes!

As always, I pray that God blesses me to provide the most accurate information possible.

I pray that God blesses each and every one of us spiritually in such a way where a physical blessing may result and physically in such a way where a spiritual blessing is the end result.

I pray that God blesses us all in such a way, where the source of the blessing is apparent.

This is the second part of a three (3) part series on POTENTIALLY HARMFUL FOODS AND ADDITIVES.

Last week we covered HVO (hydrogenated vegetable oil) and HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) as two food additives that "may be" (tongue in cheek) particularly and/or significantly harmful to one's health.

This week we will cover two more additives that are extremely common in processed foods, one of which is routinely drank as a healthy alternative to sugar sweetened beverages. Many of you have already guessed correctly if you guessed that I'm speaking of aspartame.

ASPARTAME:

If it says "SUGAR FREE" on the label, think before you leap! Aspartame is an artificial sweetener made by the Monsanto Corporation and marketed as "Nutrasweet, " "Equal," and countless other trade names. This stuff changes into formaldehyde in the body and has been linked to everything from lupus to Gulf War Syndrome to a myriad of neurological diseases. Several thousand pallets of diet drinks were shipped to the Dessert Storm troops. (Remember that heat can liberate the methanol from the aspartame at 86 degrees F). Diet drinks sat in the 120 degree Arabian sun for weeks at a time on pallets. The service men and women drank them all day long. All of their symptoms are identical to aspartame poisoning.

Some of you may have even smoked formaldehyde (embalming fluid) back in the wild and crazy 70's (just silly and lucky to survive kids) so I need not elaborate much on the effects.

I believe Aspartame to be a particularly sinister toxin (neurotoxin to be exact) because it actually contributes to weight gain by CAUSING a craving for carbohydrates. It has been alleged that women who used this "diet" sweetener actually gain more weight than those who didn't use aspartame products. Allow that to sink in for a moment. Drinking diet drinks actually increases the craving for more carbohydrates and sweets!! I don't find that hard to believe given that using NSAID's (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) such as Ibuprofen and acetaminophen for arthritis actually worsens the damage to the connective tissues and worsens the condition. I don't have to say anything about anybody that approves of such usage do I? After all, this is just
information.

Here's another little factoid concerning aspartame. When the temperature of Aspartame exceeds 86 degrees F, the wood alcohol in aspartame coverts to formaldehyde. Aspartame is especially
deadly for diabetics because of the wood alcohol.

Meanwhile Stevia (I don't know if it's legal to refer to it as a sweetener yet, although it is 200 times sweeter than sugar without any of the ill effects of sugar) which HELPS in the metabolism of sugar, has been has been outlawed by the FDA for years. Stevia has only recently been allowed on grocery store shelves next to sugar and other artificial sweeteners. Prior to very recently it had to be sold as a nutritional supplement as to not compete directly with the synthetic and chemical artificial sweeteners. Isn't it a shame when many of members of the FDA are said
to have deep and intimate connections with the very companies that they are supposed to protect
us against? I won't venture to speculate as to how true these assertions are. Draw your own conclusions and DO THE RESEARCH. I can only hope to act as a catalyst for further thought and investigation.

I think that stevia is now marketed as Truvia right next to sugar so it's probably alright to mention it now. Although I am hesitant to believe that this is because it has finally been proven to be fit for human consumption. I personally believe that since the word is already out and everybody knows that there is a KNOWN natural sweetener out here without any of the harmful side effects that have been attributed (rightly or wrongly) to aspartame, then the powers that be finally relaxed their strangle hold on products that could potentially be harmful to the chemical industry. That's just a personal belief. But I am grateful for web sites such as stevia.com that heightened all of our awareness about this truly amazing herb (stevia)

Because I am not a doctor I don't want to comment on the many, many, many, many ill effects, side effects, syndromes and diseases that have been attributed to aspartame, (did I say MANY?) but I would advise you to Google – "stevia + health benefits". Google aspartame+side effects and I think you would be amazed at the wealth of information regarding stevia and the thousands
upon thousands of health complaints associated with aspartame.

MSG (MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE):

Monosodium glutamate (MSG) is the sodium salt of glutamic acid and is added to foods as a "flavor enhancer". MSG does not actually alter the actual taste of food. It excites and increases the sensitivity of taste buds. It tricks your brain into thinking the food you are eating tastes good.
The attraction of the food manufactures is that they can use less than quality ingredients and use MSG to make it taste good. Likewise, it allows them to use less seasoning because it's going to taste good to the consumer anyway.

Because people have become more health conscious lately, many food manufactures are now proclaiming loudly that their food no long contains MSG. But for a while is was darn near impossible to find processed food that did not contain it.

Some of the side effects are symptoms of MSG consumption were/are:
"…Headaches, migraines, stomach upset, nausea and vomiting, diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, asthma attacks, shortness of breath, anxiety or panic attacks, heart palpitations, partial paralysis, "heart-attack like symptoms," balance difficulties, mental confusion, mood swings, behavioral disorders (especially in children and teens), allergy-type symptoms, skin rashes, runny nose, bags under the eyes, flushing, mouth lesions, depression, and more. In addition, medical research has demonstrated glutamate relationships in Alzheimer's Disease, ALS (Lour Gehrig's Disease), diabetes, Huntington's Disease, and Parkinson's Disease. Etc."

Most people do not seem to be bothered by MSG but about 30% of the population responds adversely. They do not know whether MSG "causes" these conditions or whether the underlying conditions are aggravated by MSG.

Using MSG in foods, just like using aspartame is a multi-billion dollar industry. Because of the billions of dollars at stake, it is not hard to see the reason behind the questionable practices of various industries and government agencies. Can you spell GREED?

There are more than a few websites dedicated to exposing the questionable practices of the food industry. One such organization is http://www.truthinl abeling.org Another is www.msgtruth. org/

This web site is particularly informing:
http://www.ezhealth ydiet.com/ msg-side- effects.html

But why take my word for it? IT'S YOUR HEALTH.

You can research anything mentioned on this site yourself. Some good
search engines are www.mamma.com, www.google.com or www.dogpile. com
Enter one or more keywords and do your own research.

Until next time remember .... most illness can be attributed to FOUR important factors that can weaken your immune system and your ability to fight off disease:

1. Anxiety, depression, anger, guilt and other STRESS factors
2. Improper and/or inadequate NUTRITION habits
3. A sedentary lifestyle that does not include enough EXERCISE
4. Not enough rest and quality SLEEP time

The United States Surgeon General warned Americans in a landmark 1988
report on Nutrition and Health that "diet related diseases account for
68% of U.S. deaths"

Remember, we ALWAYS recommend that you ALWAYS consult a professional
herbalist, naturopathologist or physician. We are just passing along
what we hope to be useful information.
Admin
Admin