World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 115 on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 3:20 pm
Latest topics
» JIHAD WATCH
Rod's Testimony EmptyYesterday at 10:01 pm by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
Rod's Testimony EmptyYesterday at 8:26 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Rod's Testimony EmptyYesterday at 8:24 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
Rod's Testimony EmptyYesterday at 8:19 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Rod's Testimony EmptyYesterday at 8:16 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL VIDEO'S VARIOUS COVERAGES
Rod's Testimony EmptyYesterday at 8:07 pm by Admin

» ENDTIME HEADLINES
Rod's Testimony EmptyYesterday at 7:47 pm by Admin

» servant @ TWO LISTENERS
Rod's Testimony EmptyYesterday at 7:40 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Rod's Testimony EmptyYesterday at 1:49 pm by Admin

» Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).
Rod's Testimony EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:52 pm by Admin

»  So You Think You Can Lose It?
Rod's Testimony EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:27 pm by Admin

» AISH
Rod's Testimony EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:20 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
Rod's Testimony EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:15 pm by Admin

» Joe Biden Smoking Gun
Rod's Testimony EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:09 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Rod's Testimony EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 5:44 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Rod's Testimony EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:31 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Rod's Testimony EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:20 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Rod's Testimony EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:18 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor
Rod's Testimony EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:15 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Rod's Testimony EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 3:48 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Rod's Testimony

Go down

Rod's Testimony Empty Rod's Testimony

Post  salvationforme on Mon 10 Nov 2008, 7:50 pm

Is God real ?

My name is Rod and I live in Guildford with my family and would like to tell you about how I came to know the Lord Jesus Christ.

We had been nominally involved with our local church, but for me was meaningless, it was the time when we were thinking of having our son christened, after all we had our daughter christened and now it was time for Paul, it made me think about why I was doing it, perhaps it was because the family expected it, but hang on, I didn’t even know if God existed, so I made a decision, if God was real then something would happen and if not, I just go on as I am.

So I just said a few simple words, “God – if you are real, then please come into my life”, so I thought ok, done that, lets see what happens….

Shortly after that, someone from our church asked me to go on a 6 month course to find out more, I actually found myself agreeing to it, God was already working in my life….

It was through the next 6 months that God made himself known to me, hey Guys - God is real after all !!!!

Since then, life has been a journey, it's not all been plain sailing, but God has not left me or abandoned me, God longs to have a personal relationship with each one of us, in recent years I have had a seriuos medical condition and had to take 10 months off work, during this time, God drew so close to me, probably because I had the time to spend with the Lord, I was not blaming God for my ill health, but was praising Him for making himself close to me, God was teaching me through this time, it is often at these “crossroads” in our lives that He draws closest, if you are at this point, give your life to Christ, and I guarantee that He will draw close to you.

salvationforme

Back to top Go down

Rod's Testimony Empty Re: Rod's Testimony

Post  Admin on Wed 19 Nov 2008, 6:29 pm

Rod's Testimony AmenB4U
God bless you Rod thank you for sharing with us.
Elaine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 02 Feb 2009, 10:08 pm

From: SavedbyGod2 (Original Message) Sent: 16/11/2006 16:09
For the Glory of God the Father,,,Amen

The Tunnel

In August 2004 I started to have some dizzy spells, I came home from work on Friday 6th August, normally these dizzy spells would last about 20 minutes, but on this day it was different, I felt unwell for longer and when I got home my wife said I did not look well when I asked her, so I thought I had better do something about it.

I went to casualty and found that my heart rate unstable and was going into a heart rate of 231 intermittently (normal rate 60-100).
I asked the Lord whether he was going to take me home, he said “this is not your time”, this was not a voice but an inner knowing and peace and knew it was from God.

I was admitted and connected to a heart monitor, whilst I was in there a gentleman came in to the bed opposite to me, I got chatting to him and asked him whether he had a faith in Jesus, he said that he did, he was called home a few days later, I found out that he was related to some people in our Church and was able to share with them that he had a faith, they shared with me that they were not sure – it showed to me the fruit of taking the opportunity to ask those important questions when we have the opportunity.

11 days later I was transferred to a London heart hospital under a consultant who was a UK leader, if not a world leader to fit an Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) into my chest, this would stabilise my heart as I was suffering from heart failure, normally there is quite a wait for these ICD’s because they are very expensive, and here I was getting one in 11 days, surely a provision from God.

I was put in a small ward of 4 beds which had air conditioned, the only one on that floor and since it was August was quite hot, a lot of the staff used to come in at night to cool down, God gave me very special people in that room and we bonded quickly, that room was a very special place, almost like sitting under God’s wing.
Eventually all the other people in that room left for other wards and I was left in that air conditioned room, another provision.

Whilst I was there, God was speaking to me through his word about Him being my rock and it was ok to hang onto this rock by my fingernails, when I eventually left hospital God said, now build on this rock !

I was advised that I was unable to drive for 6 months as a consequence of having this ICD fitted which was devastating as I was unable to work without it, I also discovered that I had been diagnosed with Dilated Cardiomyopathy which is a disease of the heart muscle and from medical records have had it for the last 10yrs, so it was really a double-wammy for me.

I came home and felt very fragile and vulnerable, through all of this, I had never blamed God for what had happened, I just knew that I wanted to trust God, not only for the present but for the future, and that during this time I would learn lessons that I could not learn in any other way. I needed to ask those important questions “was I really going to heaven when I die”, was it all real and I began to “know” that what Jesus said about “eternal life” was true, I had no doubts, just a real sense of his closeness and peace which I am still ware of today, although I had been a Christian for over 20 years, I had never felt God so close, I would rather be as I am, closer to God, than to be healthy and not near to this Wonderful Saviour who has made all this possible because I guess we all tend to put God back in the cupboard when things are going ok and just bring Him out when we are in trouble, this is not what God wants of us, He wants to be at the centre of all of our lives.
Someone told me that God was going to give me a “new heart”, at the time I thought that God was going to heal me physically, I now realise that this was going to be a “spiritual healing”, which I believe is a much better thing, this is not to say that should God want to heal me physically, then I am up for that too !
I was able to meet every morning with a couple of friends and these times became very “special” times, almost a royal appointment with Jesus and we were able to support one another and we were all there for different reasons.

I had a picture from the Lord which is best described as a mine, and I was on this vehicle travelling upwards towards the entrance, with was showing the daylight, I then turned to where I had come from and then back towards the entrance, I noticed that the pathway was cut exactly and precisely, I believe that God was showing me where I had been and it was now time for me to move forward and that the path, (although not created by Him but he was in ultimate control of) that I had taken was now finishing and it was time to move back into the world.
I have just had permission to drive again and God’s hand has been in that also as I have had it back early which has been well timed, despite DVLA saying that this would not happen, as I am due to go back to work part time early February and has solved a problem of how to get there, His timing is perfect and blessing.
This has been a very special time for me, I have had time to spend with Jesus and to serve in those ways that would not have been possible had I been working, it is not a path that I would have chosen, but our Wonderful Lord has been there all the way through, as for the future, only God knows that, all that He asks us to do is to put Him at the centre of all that we and do and to trust Him every step of the way, Gods Word tells us that He will never leave us, that is what I intend to do with His help and a sure knowledge that He loves me and He will take me “home” into eternity.

I wanted to share with you this period of time in my life and to say what a Wonderful God we have and that in sharing my story with you I give Him all my thanks and praise and all the glory must go to Him, who loves us into eternity.

Note. .please feel free to use this story to the Glory of God.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum