World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 53 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 52 Guests :: 1 Bot

Admin

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021 - 14:56
Latest topics
» Christians facing Medntasl Health Struggles
Tozer Devotional - Page 23 EmptyToday at 13:34 by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Tozer Devotional - Page 23 EmptyToday at 13:24 by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Tozer Devotional - Page 23 EmptyToday at 13:08 by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Tozer Devotional - Page 23 EmptyToday at 13:05 by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Tozer Devotional - Page 23 EmptyToday at 0:25 by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Tozer Devotional - Page 23 EmptyYesterday at 23:42 by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Tozer Devotional - Page 23 EmptyYesterday at 23:37 by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Tozer Devotional - Page 23 EmptyYesterday at 23:34 by Admin

» israelAM
Tozer Devotional - Page 23 EmptyYesterday at 23:30 by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Tozer Devotional - Page 23 EmptyYesterday at 22:21 by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Tozer Devotional - Page 23 EmptyYesterday at 22:15 by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Tozer Devotional - Page 23 EmptyYesterday at 21:26 by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Tozer Devotional - Page 23 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024 - 22:40 by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
Tozer Devotional - Page 23 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024 - 22:34 by Admin

» AISH
Tozer Devotional - Page 23 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024 - 22:18 by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
Tozer Devotional - Page 23 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024 - 22:02 by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Tozer Devotional - Page 23 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024 - 0:08 by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Tozer Devotional - Page 23 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024 - 23:32 by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Tozer Devotional - Page 23 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024 - 23:21 by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Tozer Devotional - Page 23 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024 - 22:47 by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Tozer Devotional

Page 23 of 41 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 41  Next

Go down

Tozer Devotional - Page 23 Empty Re: Tozer Devotional

Post  Admin Tue 8 May 2012 - 22:21

Tozer Devotional
Mon, May 07, 2012

Why Satan Hates the Child of God

As we move farther on and mount higher up in the Christian life we may expect to encounter greater difficulties in the way and meet increased hostility from the enemy of our souls. Though this is seldom presented to Christians as a fact of life it is a very solid fact indeed as every experienced Christian knows, and one we shall learn how to handle or stumble over to our own undoing. Satan hates the true Christian for several reasons. One is that God loves him, and whatever is loved by God is sure to be hated by the devil. Another is that the Christian, being a child of God, bears a family resemblance to the Father and to the household of faith. Satan's ancient jealousy has not abated nor his hatred for God diminished in the slightest. Whatever reminds him of God is without other reason the object of his malignant hate. A third reason is that a true Christian is a former slave who has escaped from the galley, and Satan cannot forgive him for this affront. A fourth reason is that a praying Christian is a constant threat to the stability of Satan's government. The Christian is a holy rebel loose in the world with access to the throne of God. Satan never knows from what direction the danger will come. Who knows when another Elijah will arise, or another Daniel? or a Luther or a Booth? Who knows when an Edwards or a Finney may go in and liberate a whole town or countryside by the preaching of the Word and prayer? Such a danger is too great to tolerate, so Satan gets to the new convert as early as possible to prevent his becoming too formidable a foe.

Verse
Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith. 1 Peter 5:8-9

Thought
In case you haven't noticed, you are not popular with Satan! Why? You are an object of God's love; part of God's family; an escaped prisoner of the evil one and a danger to him.

Prayer
In You I stand, Lord. In myself I am easy prey for Satan. In You I am strong. Praise Your name!"
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 7 May 2012 - 20:48

Tozer Devotional
Sun, May 06, 2012
The Object of True Faith

True faith is not the intellectual ability to visualize unseen things to the satisfaction of our imperfect minds; it is rather the moral power to trust Christ. To be contented and unafraid when going on a journey with his father the child need not be able to imagine events; he need but know the father. Our earthly lives are one shining web of golden mystery which we experience without understanding, how much more our life in the Spirit. Jesus Christ is our all in all. We need but trust Him and He will take care of the rest. Possibly it is because of my own innate dullness that I have found such deep satisfaction in these words of the prophet: "I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them" (Isa. 42:16). God has not failed me in this world; I can trust Him for the world to come.

Verse
We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7

Thought
As we learn to trust God during these days on earth we shall find it less difficult to trust Him concerning the life to come. It is the person of God we trust.

Prayer
Lord, I look back over the years and marvel at how You have been with me, provided for me, lifted me up when I have fallen. Because of who You are I can trust You for the future.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 6 May 2012 - 20:57

Tozer Devotional
Sat, May 05, 2012
Believing the "Unvisualizable"

Unbelief is so prevalent that I do not wish to say anything that might be interpreted as excusing it, but for all our being so slow to believe I still think that sometimes we blame ourselves for unbelief when our trouble is nothing more than inability to visualize. There are some truths set forth in the Scriptures that place a great strain upon our minds. Divine revelation assures us that certain things are true which imagination will simply not grasp. We believe them but we cannot see them in the mind's eye. It may be pointed out here that the ease with which we grasp a truth is sure to be in exact proportion to its externality as distinguished from its internality. Biblical history, for instance, because it is all objective and external, is no problem to belief. We are sure we believe whatever is written about Moses or David or Peter because we have no trouble "seeing" it taking place, while such truths as regeneration or the divine indwelling cannot be visualized and so are more difficult for us to handle. This we should recognize as psychological, not spiritual, and stop chiding ourselves for something we have not done.

Verse
Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief.!" Mark 9:24

Thought
Alexander Whyte considered imagination "the noblest intellectual attribute of the human mind." By it we may identify with Christ, with the heroes and failures of the biblical record. By it we may sympathize, even empathize with those for whom we pray. Bu

Prayer
I have difficulty, Lord, believing the inconceivable, the seemingly impossible. But You are the omniscient, omnipotent One. I believe You!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 5 May 2012 - 21:55

Tozer Devotional
Fri, May 04, 2012
"I am with You Always"

It is hardly possible to overstress the importance of unceasing inward prayer on the part of the one who would live the God-conscious life. Prayer at stated times is good and right; we will never outgrow the need of it while we remain on earth. But this kind of prayer must be supported and perfected by the habit of constant, unspoken prayer. But someone may question whether in a world like this it is possible to think of God constantly. Would it not be too great a burden to try to keep God constantly in the focus of our minds while carrying on our normal activities in this noisy and highly complex civilization? Francois Malaval had the answer to this: "The wings of the dove do not weigh it down," he said. "They carry and support it. And so the thought of God is never a burden; it is a gentle breeze which bears us up, a hand which supports us and raises us, a light which guides us, and a spirit which vivifies us though we do not feel its working." We all know how the presence of someone we deeply love lifts our spirits and suffuses us with a radiant sense of peace and well-being. So the one who loves God supremely is lifted into rapture by His conscious Presence. "Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord" (John 20:20). If only we would stop lamenting and look up. God is here. Christ is risen. The Spirit has been poured out from on high. All this we know as theological truth. It remains for us to turn it into joyous spiritual experience. And how is this accomplished? There is no new technique; if it is new it is false. The old, old method still works. Conscious fellowship with Christ is by faith, love and obedience. And the humblest believer need not be without these.

Verse
And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. Matthew 28:20b

Thought
He is always with us! As He has been with His people through the ages. As He promised to be wherever two or three gather in His name. He is with us. It remains for us to recognize His presence.

Prayer
Today, Lord, I consciously recognize Your presence. You are here with me. Hallelujah!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 4 May 2012 - 20:28

Tozer Devotional
Thu, May 03, 2012

Beholding His Glory

It is true that a select company of Christians through the centuries have testified that they were rapt into a state where for varying lengths of time they were able to experience the Beatific Vision at least to some degree while still here in their natural bodies, seeing the everblessed One not with their physical eyes but with the eye of the Spirit. Being myself extremely cautious and slow to accept the unusual, I have tended to back away from this burning bush; but the holy characters of some of those who made such claims, their salty good sense and their sound basic theology along with their devoted service to mankind, have certainly placed them above the faintest suspicion of being fanatics or impostors. I for one must accept their testimony as valid. I suppose the vast majority of us must wait for the great day of the Lord's coming to realize the full wonder of the vision of God Most High. In the meantime, we are, I believe, missing a great measure of radiant glory that is ours by blood-covenant and available to us in this present world if we would but believe it and press on in the way of holiness. In seeking to know God better we must keep firmly in mind that we need not try to persuade God. He is already persuaded in our favor, not by our prayers but by the generous goodness of His own heart. "It is God's nature to give Himself to every virtuous soul," says Meister Eckhart. "Know then that God is bound to act, to pour Himself out into thee as soon as ever He shall find thee ready." As nature abhors a vacuum, so the Holy Spirit rushes in to fill the nature that has become empty by separating itself from the world and sin. This is not an unnatural act and need not be an unusual one, for it is in perfect accord with the nature of God. He must act as He does because He is God.

Verse
And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. 2 Corinthians 3:18

Thought
"Behold" is probably a perferable translation to that of "reflect." This is the only occurrence of the verb in the New Testament. With unveiled faces we may see as in a mirror the Lord's glory. As we do we are being transformed into His likeness. We may

Prayer
I ask for things and, if I remember, thank You for them. I read Your Word. But, O Lord, to behold You, to spend time beholding Your glory. It is a daily discipline missing in my life. Help me to change!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 3 May 2012 - 20:47

Tozer Devotional

Wed, May 02, 2012

Wants or Wishes

The third class of blessing consists of spiritual treasures which are ours by blood atonement but which will not come to us unless we make a determined effort to possess them. To make things clearer let me set forth four propositions touching this heritage of joy which God has set before us; 3. You will have as little as you are satisfied with. God giveth to all men liberally, but it would be absurd to think that God's liberality will make a man more godly than he wants to be. The man, for instance, who is satisfied to live a defeated life will never be forced to take victory. The man who is content to follow Christ afar off will never know the radiant wonder of His nearness. The man who is willing to settle for a joyless, barren life will never experience the joy of the Holy Spirit or the deep satisfaction of fruitful living. It is disheartening to those who care, and surely a great grief to the Spirit, to see how many Christians are content to settle for less than the best. Personally I have for years carried a burden of sorrow as I have moved among evangelical Christians who somewhere in their past have managed to strike a base compromise with their heart's holier longings and have settled down to a lukewarm, mediocre kind of Christianity utterly unworthy of themselves and of the Lord they claim to serve. And such are found everywhere. 4. You now have as much as you really want. Every man is as close to God as he wants to be; he is as holy and as full of the Spirit as he wills to be. Our Lord said, "Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled" (Matt. 5:6). If there were but one man anywhere on earth who hungered and was not filled the word of Christ would fall to the ground. Yet we must distinguish wanting from wishing. By "want" I mean wholehearted desire. Certainly there are many who wish they were holy or victorious or joyful but are not willing to meet God's conditions to obtain. That God has placed before His redeemed children a vast world of spiritual treasures and that they refuse or neglect to claim it may easily turn out to be the second greatest tragedy in the history of the moral creation, the first and greatest being the fall of man.

Verse
For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light. Ephesians 5:8

Thought
We are to live as children of light because we are light in the Lord. The "living" is our part. the "enabling" is His. Let's not be satisfied with little when He provides so much.

Prayer
O Lord, give me a consuming discontent with spiritual poverty! I am a child of the King of kings and the Lord of lords and so I may live.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 2 May 2012 - 20:12

Tozer Devotional
Tue, May 01, 2012

Claiming All That Is Ours in Christ

The third class of blessing consists of spiritual treasures which are ours by blood atonement but which will not come to us unless we make a determined effort to possess them. To make things clearer let me set forth four propositions touching this heritage of joy which God has set before us: 1. You will get nothing unless you go after it. God will not force anything on you. As Joshua fought his way into possession of the Promised Land you also must fight on toward perfection, meeting and defeating whatever enemies would stand in the way to challenge your right of possession. The land will not come to you; you must go to the land and on up into it by the way of self-renunciation and detachment from the world. "Those who travel on this road," says John of the Cross, "will meet many occasions of joys and sufferings, hopes and sorrows, some of which are the result of the spirit of perfection, others of imperfection. " 2. You may have as much as you insist upon having. "Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you" (Josh. 1:3) said God to Joshua, and this principle runs throughout the entire Bible. The history of Israel is dotted with stories of those who pressed boldly on to claim their possessions; such, for instance, as Caleb who, after the conquest of Canaan, went to Joshua, demanded the mountain Moses had promised him, and got it. Again, when the daughters of Zelophehad stood before Moses and pleaded, "Give unto us . . . a possession among the brethren of our father" (Num. 27:4) their request was granted. Those women received their inheritance, not by the indulgence of Moses but by the command of God whose promise was involved. When our requests are such as honor God we may ask as largely as we will. The more daring the request the more glory accrues to God when the answer comes.

Verse
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. Matthew 7:7-8

Thought
We may be asking but are we seeking and knocking? God delights to give to the one who will receive. Ask, seek and knock. There is an intensity, a deep desire to see the door open; to claim all that is ours in Christ.

Prayer
Father, when I ask for bread You will not give me a stone. You delight in opening to me the treasures in Christ when I ask, seek and knock. May my spiritual knuckles bleed!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 1 May 2012 - 21:12

Tozer Devotional
Mon, April 30, 2012

Claiming All That Is Ours in Christ

Those spiritual blessings in heavenly places which are ours in Christ may be divided into three classes: The first is those which come to us immediately upon our believing unto salvation, such as forgiveness, justification, regeneration, sonship to God and baptism into the Body of Christ. In Christ we possess these even before we know that they are ours, such knowledge coming to us later through the study of the Holy Scriptures. The second class is those riches which are ours by inheritance but which we cannot enjoy in actuality until our Lord returns. These include ultimate mental and moral perfection, the glorification of our bodies, the completion of the restoration of the divine image in our redeemed personalities and the admission into the very presence of God to experience forever the Beatific Vision. These treasures are as surely ours as if we possessed them now, but it would be useless for us to pray for them while we journey here below. God has made it very clear that they are reserved for the time of the manifestation of the sons of God (Rom. 8:18-25). The third class of blessing consists of spiritual treasures which are ours by blood atonement but which will not come to us unless we make a determined effort to possess them. These are deliverance from the sins of the flesh, victory over self, the constant flow of the Holy Spirit through our personalities, fruitfulness in Christian service, awareness of the presence of God, growth in grace, an increasing consciousness of union with God and an unbroken spirit of worship. These do not come to us automatically nor must we wait to claim them at the day of Christ's coming. They are to us what the Promised Land was to Israel, to be entered into as our faith and courage mount.

Verse
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blesising in Christ. Ephesians 1:3

Thought
What immense spiritual wealth is ours in Christ! Some to experience today and some tomorrow. Some which is ours because of spiritual birth as a child of God. Some to be experienced only by deliberate faith appropriation.

Prayer
Forgive me, Father, for living in spiritual poverty when You have provided such blessings. I want to experience them all that I may be what You desire me to be.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 30 Apr 2012 - 22:55

Tozer Devotional
Sun, April 29, 2012
Using Both Wings

Truth is like a bird; it cannot fly on one wing. Yet we are forever trying to take off with one wing flapping furiously and the other tucked neatly out of sight. Many of the doctrinal divisions among the churches are the result of a blind and stubborn insistence that truth has but one wing. Each side holds tenaciously to one text, refusing grimly to acknowledge the validity of the other. This error is an evil among churches, but it is a real tragedy when it gets into the hearts of individual Christians and begins to affect their devotional lives. One thing hidden in such teachings as have been mentioned above is unconscious spiritual pride. The Christian who refuses to confess sin on the ground that it is already forgiven is setting himself above prophet and psalmist and all the saints who have left anything on record about themselves from Paul to the present time. These did not hide their sins behind a syllogism, but eagerly and fully confessed them. Perhaps that is why they were such great souls and those who claim to have found a better way are so small. And one has but to note the smug smile of superiority on the face of the one-prayer Christian to sense that there is a lot of pride behind the smile. While other Christians wrestle with God in an agony of intercession they sit back in humble pride waiting it out. They do not pray because they have already prayed. The devil has no fear of such Christians. He has already won over them, and his technique has been false logic. Let's use both wings. We'll get further that way.

Verse
Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers. 1 Timothy 4:16

Thought
Emphasis on certain aspects of truth to the neglect of others causes unbalanced living and teaching. We can see it through the history of the Church and even today. Are we using both wings?

Prayer
Father, give me breadth as well as depth of understanding of Your truth. Particularly do I need this in relating to other members of Your family who come from traditions other than mine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 22:01

Tozer Devotional
Sat, April 28, 2012

Prevailing Prayer

It is written that Christ died for our sins, and again it is written that "if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins" (1 John 1:9). These two texts are written of the same company of persons, namely Christians. We dare not compel the first text to invalidate the second. Both are true and one completes the other. The meaning of the two is that since Christ died for our sins if we confess our sins they will be forgiven. To teach otherwise is to attempt to fly on one wing. I have met some who claim that it is wrong to pray for the same thing twice, the reason being that if we truly believe when we pray we have the answer the first time; any second prayer betrays the unbelief of the first; ergo, let there be no second prayer. There are three things wrong with this teaching. One is that it ignores a large body of Scripture; the second is that it rarely works in practice, even for the saintliest soul; and the third is that, if persisted in, it robs the praying man of two of his mightiest weapons in his warfare with the flesh and the devil, viz., intercession and petition. For let it be said without qualification that the effective intercessor is never a one-prayer man, neither does the successful petitioner win his mighty victories in his first attempt. Had David subscribed to the one-prayer creed he could have reduced his psalms to about one-third their present length. Elijah would not have prayed seven times for rain (and incidentally, there would have been no rain, either), our Lord would not have prayed the third time saying the same words, nor would Paul have "besought the Lord thrice" (2 Cor. 12:8) for the removal of his thorn. In fact, if this teaching were true, much wonderful Biblical narrative would have to be rewritten, for the Bible has much to say about continued and persistent prayer.

Verse
Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. Luke 18:1

Thought
Wrote George Mueller: "It is not enough to begin to pray, nor to pray aright; nor is it enough to continue for a time to pray; but we must patiently, believingly, continue in prayer until we obtain an answer."

Prayer
Teach me to pray, Lord. Teach me to faithfully keep on prevailingly praying in faith. Deliver me from seeking quick, easy answers.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 28 Apr 2012 - 20:19

Tozer Devotional
Friday, April 27, 2012

Unused Truth

Lack of balance in the Christian life is often the direct consequence of overemphasis on certain favorite texts, with a corresponding underemphasis on other related ones. For it is not denial only that makes a truth void; failure to emphasize it will in the long run be equally damaging. And this puts us in the odd position of holding a truth theoretically while we make it of no effect by neglecting it in practice. Unused truth becomes as useless as an unused muscle. Sometimes our dogmatic insistence upon "It is written" and our refusal to hear "Again it is written" makes heretics of us, our heresy being the noncreedal variety which does not rouse the opposition of the theologians. One example of this is the teaching that crops up now and again having to do with confession of sin. It goes like this: Christ died for our sins, not only for all we have committed but for all we may yet commit for the remainder of our lives. When we accept Christ we receive the benefit of everything He did for us in His dying and rising again. In Christ all our current sins are forgiven beforehand. It is therefore unnecessary for us to confess our sins. In Christ they are already forgiven. Now, this is completely wrong, and it is all the more wrong because it is half right. It is true that Christ died for all our sins, but it is not true that because Christ died for all our sins we need not confess that we have sinned when we have. This conclusion does not follow from that premise.

Verse
Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my inquity. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD"--and you forgave the guilt of my sin. Psalm 32:5

Thought
Confessing sin is openly and explicitly acknowledging it before God. No denying or redefining or otherwise trying to hide sin. Confession expresses repentance. When we confess, because of Christ's sin-debt payment on our behalf, God forgives!

Prayer
Oh thank You, Lord, for forgiving and cleansing me as I confess my sin to You. Now, strengthen me to continue to turn from it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 27 Apr 2012 - 20:50

Tozer Devotional

Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Great Illuminator

The New Testament draws a sharp line between the natural mind and the mind that has been touched by divine fire. When Peter made his good confession, "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God" (Matt. 16:16), our Lord replied, "Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven" (16:17). And Paul expresses much the same thing when he says, "No man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost" (1 Cor. 12:3). The sum of what I am saying is that there is an illumination, divinely bestowed, without which theological truth is information and nothing more. While this illumination is never given apart from theology, it is entirely possible to have theology without the illumination. This results in what has been called "dead orthodoxy," and while there may be some who deny that it is possible to be both orthodox and dead at the same time I am afraid experience proves that it is. Revivals, as they have appeared at various times among the churches of the past, have been essentially a quickening of the spiritual life of persons already orthodox. The revivalist, as long as he exercised his ministry as a revivalist, did not try to teach doctrine. His one object was to bring about a quickening of the churches which while orthodox in creed were devoid of spiritual life. When he went beyond this he was something else than a revivalist. Revival can come only to those who know truth. When the inner meaning of familiar doctrines suddenly flashes in upon the heart of a Christian the revival for him has already begun. It may go on to be much more than this but it can never be less.

Verse
Then he [Jesus] opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. Luke 24:45

Thought
As Jesus opened the minds of His disciples in order that they might understand the scriptures so the Holy Spirit does today, illuminating spiritual truth. We don't have to stumble in darkness!

Prayer
You, Holy Spirit, are the Divine Illuminator. Open my heart and mind to see and then obey.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 26 Apr 2012 - 17:44

Tozer Devotional

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Spiritual Truth Is Spiritually Discerned

Surely God has that to say to the pure in heart which He cannot say to the man of sinful life. But what He has to say is not theological, it is spiritual; and right there lies the weight of my argument. Spiritual truths cannot be received in the ordinary way of nature. "The natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned" (1 Cor. 2:14). So wrote the apostle Paul to the believers at Corinth. Our Lord referred to this kind of Spirit-enlightened knowledge many times. To Him it was the fruit of a divine illumination, not contrary to but altogether beyond mere intellectual light. The fourth Gospel is full of this idea; indeed the idea is so important to the understanding of John's Gospel that anyone who denies it might as well give up trying to grasp our Lord's teachings as given by the apostle John. And the same idea is found in John's first epistle, making that epistle extremely difficult to understand but also making it one of the most beautiful and rewarding of all the epistles of the New Testament when its teachings are spiritually discerned. The necessity for spiritual illumination before we can grasp spiritual truths is taught throughout the entire New Testament and is altogether in accord with the teachings of the Psalms, the Proverbs and the Prophets. The Old Testament Apocrypha agrees with the Scriptures here, and while the Apocryphal books are not to be received as divinely inspired, they are useful as showing how the best minds of ancient Israel thought about this matter of divine truth and how it is received into the human heart.

Verse
Whoever does not have the Spirit cannot receive the gifts that come from God's Spirit. Such a person really does not understand them; they are nonsense to him, because their value can be judged only on a spiritual basis (TEV). 1 Corinthians 2:14

Thought
Those outside of Christ are unable to grasp spiritual truth. Only by means of the Holy Spirit is spiritual truth discerned. If we better understood this we would give far greater priority to prayer than to clever presentations.

Prayer
Father, often I am satisfied with an intellectual grasp of Your Word when it is the spiritual understanding of it that matters. And You have given Your Spirit to enlighten me.

Tozer Devotional
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Living in Joy and Peace

There are areas in our lives where in our effort to be right we may go wrong, so wrong as to lead to spiritual deformity. To be specific let me name a few: 4. When we seek to be serious and become somber. The saints have always been serious, but gloominess is a defect of character and should never be equated with godliness. Religious melancholy may indicate the presence of unbelief or sin and if long continued may lead to serious mental disturbance. Joy is a great therapeutic for the mind. "Rejoice in the Lord alway" (Phil. 4:4). 5. When we mean to be conscientious and become overscrupulous. If the devil cannot succeed in destroying the conscience he will settle for making it sick. I know Christians who live in a state of constant distress, fearing that they may displease God. Their world of permitted acts becomes narrower year by year till at last they fear to engage in the common pursuits of life. They believe this self-torture to be a proof of godliness, but how wrong they are. These are but a few examples of serious imbalance in the Christian life. I trust the remedy has been suggested as we went along.

Verse
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, Galatians 5:22

Thought
There is a freedom of spirit we may experience as believers. Joy and peace are part of the fruit of the Spirit. Gloom and inner turmoil are not!

Prayer
Lord, may Your joy and peace spill out of me and splash those around me. For Jesus' sake.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 7:18

Tozer Devotional
Monday, April 23, 2012

Avoiding Spiritual Deformity

There are areas in our lives where in our effort to be right we may go wrong, so wrong as to lead to spiritual deformity. To be specific let me name a few: 1. When in our determination to be bold we become brazen. Courage and meekness are compatible qualities: both were found in perfect proportion in Christ and both shone in beauty in His conflict with His enemies. Peter before the Sanhedrin and Paul before Agrippa demonstrated both qualities, though on another occasion when Paul's boldness temporarily lost its charity and became carnal he said to the high priest, "God shall smite thee, thou whited wall." It is to the credit of the apostle that when he saw what he had done he immediately apologized (Acts 25:1-5). 2. When in our desire to be frank we become rude. Candor without rudeness was always found in the man Christ Jesus. The Christian who boasts that he always calls a spade a spade is likely to end by calling everything a spade. Even the fiery Peter learned that love does not blurt out everything it knows (1 Peter 4:8) 3. When in our effort to be watchful we become suspicious. Because there are many adversaries the temptation is to see enemies where none exist. Because we are in conflict with error we tend to develop a spirit of hostility to everyone who disagrees with us on anything. Satan cares little whether we go astray after a false doctrine or merely turn sour. Either way he wins.

Verse
Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8

Thought
Meekness, graciousness and trust consistently expressed in resisting ungodliness is God's pattern for us. Satan is delighted when we resort to unkind negativism paraded as godliness.

Prayer
O Lord, teach me more of love living.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 24 Apr 2012 - 8:25

Tozer Devotional

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Growing Up in Christ

The true Christian is a saint in embryo. The heavenly genes are in him and the Holy Spirit is working to bring him on into a spiritual development that accords with the nature of the heavenly Father from whom he received the deposit of divine life. Yet he is here in this mortal body subject to weakness and temptation, and his warfare with the flesh sometimes leads him to do extreme things. "For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would" (Gal. 5:17). The work of the Spirit in the human heart is not an unconscious or automatic thing. Human will and intelligence must yield to and cooperate with the benign intentions of God. I think it is here that many of us go astray. Either we try to make ourselves holy and fail miserably, as we certainly must; or we seek to achieve a state of spiritual passivity and wait for God to perfect our natures in holiness as one might sit down and wait for a robin egg to hatch or a rose to burst into bloom. So we work feverishly to do the impossible or we do not work at all; and there lies the asymmetry about which I write. The New Testament knows nothing of the working of the Spirit in us apart from our own moral responses. Watchfulness, prayer, self-discipline and intelligent acquiescence in the purposes of God are indispensable to any real progress in holiness.

Verse
So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. Galatians 5:16

Thought
Growing up in Christ is not automatic. God provides full enablement. Our part is to consciously appropriate that enablement-- living day by day by the Spirit.

Prayer
Today, Lord, I want to live for You; to walk by Your Spirit; to do Your will. I freely confess that only by Your enablement can I so live.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 22 Apr 2012 - 17:33

Tozer Devotional
Saturday, April 21, 2012

Spiritual Balance

It is a thin and rather smooth coin of common knowledge that the human race has lost its symmetry and tends to be lopsided in almost everything it is and does. Religious philosophers have recognized this asymmetry and have sought to correct it by preaching in one form or another the doctrine of the "golden mean." Confucius taught the "middle way"; Buddha would have his followers avoid both asceticism and bodily ease; Aristotle believed that the virtuous life is the one perfectly balanced between excess and defect. Christianity, being in full accord with all the facts of existence, takes into account this moral imbalance in human life, and the remedy it offers is not a new philosophy but a new life. The ideal to which the Christian aspires is not to walk in the perfect way but to be transformed by the renewing of his mind and conformed to the likeness of Christ. The regenerate man often has a more difficult time of it than the unregenerate, for he is not one man but two. He feels within him a power that tends toward holiness and God, while at the same time he is still a child of Adam's flesh and a son of the red clay. This moral dualism is to him a source of distress and struggle wholly unknown to the once-born man. Of course the classic critique upon this is Paul's testimony in the seventh chapter of his Roman epistle.

Verse
So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. Romans 7:21

Thought
God has given the Holy Spirit to believers not just to be our moral compass but our spiritual power. Submitting to the Spirit's control in daily life enables us to overcome the evil nature and live consistent with the new.

Prayer
In Your strength, O Holy Spirit, I dare to battle foes within and foes without. Only in Your strength.

Tozer Devotional
Friday, April 20, 2012

Spirit Illumination

Hard, serious thought and the illumination of the Holy Spirit. 6. Then we must think. Human thought has its limitations, but where there is no thinking there is not likely to be any large deposit of truth in the mind. Evangelicals at the moment appear to be divided into two camps--those who trust the human intellect to the point of sheer rationalism, and those who are shy of everything intellectual and are convinced that thinking is a waste of the Christian's time. Surely both are wrong. Self-conscious intellectualism is offensive to man and, I am convinced, to God also, but it is significant that every major revelation in the Scriptures was made to a man of superior intellect. It would be easy to marshal an imposing list of Biblical quotations exhorting us to think, but a more convincing argument is the whole drift of the Bible itself. The Scriptures simply take for granted that the saints of the Most High will be serious-minded, thoughtful persons. They never leave the impression that it is sinful to think. 7. But thinking apart from the inward illumination of the Holy Spirit is not only futile, it is likely to be dangerous as well. The human intellect is fallen and can no more find its way through the broad expanse of truth, half-truth and downright error than a ship can find its way over the ocean alone. God has given us the Holy Spirit to illuminate our minds. He is eyes and understanding to us. We dare not try to get on without Him.

Verse
Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law. Psalm 119:18

Thought
Illumination of the inspired scriptures is a continuing ministry of the Holy Spirit. So, too, is His teaching, His convicting and His opening of our minds to understand God's truth and His will.

Prayer
Open my mind, illumine me, Holy Spirit divine!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 20 Apr 2012 - 20:50

Tozer Devotional

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Feeding on God's Word in Obedience and Humility

Faith, constant meditation on the Scriptures, obedience, humility, . . . 3. "Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God" (Romans 10:17). The Scriptures purify, instruct, strengthen, enlighten and inform. The blessed man will meditate in them day and night. 4. To be entirely safe from the devil's snares the man of God must be completely obedient to the Word of the Lord. The driver on the highway is safe, not when he reads the signs but when he obeys them. So it is with the Scriptures. To be effective they must be obeyed. 5. Again, there is a close relation between humility and the perception of truth. "The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way" (Psa. 25:9). In the Scriptures I find no shred of encouragement for the proud. Only the tame sheep can be led; only the humble child need expect the guidance of the Father's hand. When all the evidence is in it may well be found that none but the proud ever strayed from the truth and that self-trust was behind every heresy that ever afflicted the church.

Verse
Faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ. Romans 10:17

Thought
Knowing God's Word and obediently applying it in daily life is God's provision for us. Humility before Him is the only reasonable posture of heart. He is Godness. We are creatureliness.

Prayer
Thank You for Your Word in a language I can understand. Thank You for Your enablement to do Your will as Your Spirit reveals it. Thank You, O God, for all of Your provision for me,--little, insignficant, weak me.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 19 Apr 2012 - 15:30

Tozer Devotional
Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Prayer and Faith

It is . . . critically important that the Christian take full advantage of every provision God has made to save him from delusion. These are prayer, faith, constant meditation on the Scriptures, obedience, humility, hard, serious thought and the illumination of the Holy Spirit. 1. Prayer is not a sure fire protection against error for the reason that there are many kinds of prayer and some of them are worse than useless. The prophets of Baal leaped upon the altar in a frenzy of prayer, but their cries went unregarded because they prayed to a god that did not exist. The God the Pharisees prayed to did exist, but He refused to listen to them because of their self-righteousness and pride. From them we may well learn a profitable lesson in reverse. In spite of the difficulties we encounter when we pray, prayer is a powerful and effective way to get right, stay right and stay free from error. "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him" (James 1:5). All things else being equal, the praying man is less likely to think wrong than the man who neglects to pray. "Men ought always to pray, and not to faint" (Luke 18:1). 2. The apostle Paul calls faith a shield. The man of faith can walk at ease, protected by his simple confidence in God. God loves to be trusted, and He puts all heaven at the disposal of the trusting soul. But when we talk of faith let us know what we mean. Faith is not optimism, though it may breed optimism; it is not cheerfulness, though the man of faith is likely to be reasonably cheerful; it is not a vague sense of well-being or a tender appreciation for the beauty of human togetherness. Faith is confidence in God's self-revelation as found in the Holy Scriptures.

Verse
In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. . . . And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. " Ephesians 6:16, 18

Thought
We learn to pray by praying and we learn to believe God by believing Him. There are many kinds of prayers in which to engage. There are all kinds of flaming arrows from the evil one against whom we must use the shield of faith. Are we praying and believi

Prayer
Lord, You have provided so great an arsenal for spiritual defense and offense. May I have the good sense to use what You have provided!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 18 Apr 2012 - 20:13

Tozer Devotional
Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Distinguishing between Jacob and Esau

There are areas of Christian thought, and because of thought then also of life, where likenesses and differences are so difficult to distinguish that we are often hard put to it to escape complete deception. Throughout the whole world error and truth travel the same highways, work in the same fields and factories, attend the same churches, fly in the same planes and shop in the same stores. So skilled is error at imitating truth that the two are constantly being mistaken for each other. It takes a sharp eye these days to know which brother is Cain and which Abel. We must never take for granted anything that touches our soul's welfare. Isaac felt Jacob's arms and thought they were the arms of Esau. Even the disciples failed to spot the traitor among them; the only one of them who knew who he was was Judas himself. That soft-spoken companion with whom we walk so comfortably and in whose company we take such delight may be an angel of Satan, whereas that rough, plain-spoken man whom we shun may be God's very prophet sent to warn us against danger and eternal loss.

Verse
Then Isaac said to Jacob, "Come near so I can touch you, my son, to know whether you really are my son Esau or not." Genesis 27:21

Thought
Often we encounter error disguised as truth. Crucial is our relationship to the Holy Spirit who seeks to guide into all truth. It is the Spirit who can unmask the deceiver.

Prayer
O God, I am easily deceived. Thank You for the Holy Spirit to lead and guide through Satan's deceits and disguises.

I will love thee, O LORD, my strength.
Psalm 18:1 (KJV)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 17 Apr 2012 - 13:26

Tozer Devotional
Monday, April 16, 2012

The Danger of Heart-hardening

Another breakdown in the truth--feeling- -act sequence comes when the heart for selfish reasons deliberately hardens itself against the Word of God. This is the state of all who love darkness rather than light and for that reason either withdraw from the light altogether or when exposed to it stubbornly refuse to obey it. The covetous man looks on human need and sternly refuses to be moved by it. To yield to the impulse of generosity naturally aroused by the sight of poverty would require him to give up some of his cherished hoard, and this he will not do. So the fountain of generosity is frozen at its source. The miser keeps his gold, the poor man suffers on in his poverty and the whole course of nature is upset. Is it any wonder that God hates covetousness? But be sure that human feelings can never be completely stifled. If they are forbidden their normal course, like a river they will cut another channel through the life and flow out to curse and ruin and destroy. The Christian who gazes too long on the carnal pleasures of this world cannot escape a certain feeling of sympathy with them, and that feeling will inevitably lead to behavior that is worldly. And to expose our hearts to truth and consistently refuse or neglect to obey the impulses it arouses is to stymie the motions of life within us and, if persisted in, to grieve the Holy Spirit into silence. The Scriptures and our own human constitution agree to teach us to love truth and to obey the sweet impulses of righteousness it raises within us. If we love our own souls we dare do nothing else.

Verse
Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts. Hebrews 4:7c

Thought
Truth arouses emotion and incites to action. So does error. If we reject the truth and embrace error the consequence is heart-hardening.

Prayer
Forgive me, Father, for those times when I have rejected Your truth and the emotions aroused thus refusing to obey You. Forgive me for grieving Your Spirit and deliver me from heart-hardening. For Jesus' sake.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 15 Apr 2012 - 21:04

Tozer Devotional
Saturday, April 14, 2012

Seeing with Compassion

"Excitement, perturbation, feeling." These are states of mind we are all familiar with. In a world as violent and full of conflict as this these come and go, blaze up and die down in the average man's bosom a hundred times a day. The normal man and woman will in the course of a few months experience every degree of emotion from near ecstasy to mild dejection without apparently being any the better or the worse for it. Of course I have in mind here only the normal man and woman. The psychopathic personality lies outside the field of this study. The emotions are neither to be feared nor despised, for they are a normal part of us as God made us in the first place. Indeed the full human life would be impossible without them. One recoils from the thought of the man who lacked all feeling. He would be either a cold, naked intellect such as inhabits the pages of the science-fiction novel, or a mere vegetable, such as is sometimes found in the incurable wards of our mental hospitals. The right relation of intellect to feeling and feeling to will is disclosed in Matthew 14:14. "And Jesus went forth, and saw a great multitude, and was moved with compassion toward them, and he healed their sick." Intellectual knowledge of the suffering of the people stirred His pity and His pity moved Him to heal them. This is how it was with the ideal Man whose total organism was perfectly adjusted to itself; and this is the way it is with us in a less perfect measure.

Verse
When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Matthew 9:36

Thought
Jesus looked on the crowds of people. So did the disciples. Jesus saw people harassed and helpless. The disciples saw people. Jesus saw sheep without a shepherd. He saw a harvest to be reaped. The disciples seem to have seen just people. What do we see w

Prayer
Lord Jesus, give me a compassionate heart that I may see and feel and respond as do You.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 14 Apr 2012 - 19:30

Tozer Devotional
Friday, April 13, 2012

No Looking Back

There is an art of forgetting, and every Christian should become skilled in it. Forgetting the things which are behind is a positive necessity if we are to become more than mere babes in Christ. If we cannot trust God to have dealt effectually with our past we may as well throw in the sponge now and have it over with. Fifty years of grieving over our sins cannot blot out their guilt. But if God has indeed pardoned and cleansed us, then we should count it done and waste no more time in sterile lamentations. And thank God this sudden obliteration of our familiar past does not leave us with a vacuum. Far from it. Into the empty world vacated by our sins and failures rushes the blessed Spirit of God, bringing with Him everything new. New life, new hope, new enjoyments, new interests, new purposeful toil, and best of all a new and satisfying object toward which to direct our soul's enraptured gaze. God now fills the recovered garden, and we may without fear walk and commune with Him in the cool of the day. Right here is where the weakness of much current Christianity lies. We have not learned where to lay our emphasis. Particularly we have not understood that we are saved to know God, to enter His wonder-filled Presence through the new and living way and remain in that Presence forever. We are called to an everlasting preoccupation with God. The Triune God with all of His mystery and majesty is ours and we are His, and eternity will not be long enough to experience all that He is of goodness, holiness and truth. In heaven they rest not day or night in their ecstatic worship of the Godhead. We profess to be headed for that place; shall we not begin now to worship on earth as we shall do in heaven?

Verse
Jesus replied, "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God." Luke 9:62

Thought
There are things Satan does not want us to forget. And we assist him by pondering them even though we know that they are confessed, forgiven and cleansed. On those things let's not look back.

Prayer
I lift my eyes from all the past and fix them on You, Lord. Upon You would I gaze in heart worship.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 12:31

Tozer Devotional
Thursday, April 12, 2012

Pressing toward the Goal Ahead

We are not called to fellowship with nonexistence. We are called to things that exist in truth, to positive things, and it is as we become occupied with these that health comes to the soul. Spiritual life cannot feed on negatives. The man who is constantly reciting the evils of his unconverted days is looking in the wrong direction. He is like a man trying to run a race while looking back over his shoulder. What the Christian used to be is altogether the least important thing about him. What he is yet to be is all that should concern him. He may occasionally, as Paul sometimes did, remember to his own shame the life he once lived; but that should be only a quick glance; it is never to be a fixed gaze. Our long permanent look is on God and the glory that shall be revealed. What we are saved from and what we are saved to bear the same relation to each other as a serious illness and recovered health. The physician should stand between these two opposites to save from one and restore to the other. Once the great sickness is cured the memory of it should be thrust out onto the margin of the mind to grow fainter and weaker as it retreats farther away; and the fortunate man whose health has been restored should go on to use his new strength to accomplish something useful for mankind. Yet many persons permit their sick bodies to condition their mental stuff so that after the body has gotten well they still retain the old feeling of chronic invalidism they had before. They are recovered, true enough, but not to anything. We have but to imagine a group of such persons testifying every Sunday about their late illnesses and singing plaintive songs about them and we have a pretty fair picture of many gatherings among Christians today.

Verse
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:14

Thought
To remember God's past blessings and deliverances encourages us to walk trustfully in the present. However, to frequently relive our past failures is to lose direction and focus in following God today and tomorrow.

Prayer
O Lord, You have so much more for me to experience in following You. I press forward. toward the goal to which You point me.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 12 Apr 2012 - 21:22

Tozer Devotional

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The From's and To's

The evangelical Church today is in the awkward position of being wrong while it is right, and a little preposition makes the difference. One place where we are wrong while we are right is in the relative stress we lay upon the prepositions to and from when they follow the word saved. For a long generation we have been holding the letter of truth while at the same time we have been moving away from it in spirit because we have been preoccupied with what we are saved from rather than what we have been saved to. The right relative importance of the two concepts is set forth by Paul in his first epistle to the Thessalonians: "Ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God; and to wait for his Son from heaven" (1 Thess. 1:9-10). The Christian is saved from his past sins. With these he simply has nothing more to do; they are among the things to be forgotten as the night is forgotten at the dawning of the day. He is also saved from the wrath to come. With this also he has nothing to do. It exists, but not for him. Sin and wrath have a cause-and-effect relationship, and because for the Christian sin is canceled wrath is canceled also. The from's of the Christian life concern negatives, and to be engrossed in them is to live in a state of negation. Yet that is where many earnest believers live most of the time.

Verse
They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead--Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath. Thessalonians 1:9b-10

Thought
There is that from which we turn and that to which we turn. "From" suggests the past. "To" the present and the future. In what direction are we headed?

Prayer
Father, I thank You for that from which You have brought me. Expectantly I gaze on that to which you are leading me.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 18:56

Tozer Devotional

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Making God Feel At Home

Once the heart is freed from its contrary impulses, Christ within becomes a wondrous experiential fact. The surrendered heart has no more controversy with God, so He can live in us congenial and uninhibited. Then He thinks His own thoughts in us: thoughts about ourselves, about Himself, about sinners and saints and babes and harlots; thoughts about the Church, about sin and judgment and hell and heaven. And He thinks about us and Himself and His love for us and our love for Him; and He woos us to Himself as a bridegroom woos his bride. Yet there is nothing formal or automatic about His operations within us. We are personalities and we are engaged with personality. We are intelligent and have wills of our own. We can, so to speak, stand outside of ourselves and discipline ourselves into accord with the will of God. We can commune with our own hearts upon our beds and be still. We can talk to our God in the night watches. We can learn what He wants us to be, and pray and work to prepare Him a habitation. And what kind of habitation pleases God? What must our natures be like before He can feel at home within us? He asks nothing but a pure heart and a single mind. He asks no rich paneling, no rugs from the Orient, no art treasures from afar. He desires but sincerity, transparency, humility, and love. He will see to the rest.

Verse
But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. 1 Peter 3:15a

Thought
Does God feel at home in you and me? Have we confined Him to the "guestroom" or opened all of our heart-house to Him? Is He treated as a guest or the LORD?

Prayer
Be Lord of all my life, O God. Make me what You want me to be so that You will feel at home!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 41 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 41  Next