World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests

Admin

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 115 on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 3:20 pm
Latest topics
» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
Tozer Devotional - Page 32 EmptyToday at 10:35 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Tozer Devotional - Page 32 EmptyToday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Tozer Devotional - Page 32 EmptyToday at 10:12 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
Tozer Devotional - Page 32 EmptyToday at 10:09 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL VIDEO'S VARIOUS COVERAGES
Tozer Devotional - Page 32 EmptyToday at 10:08 pm by Admin

» servant @ TWO LISTENERS
Tozer Devotional - Page 32 EmptyToday at 9:51 pm by Admin

» The Cleansing Blood Old Testament and New
Tozer Devotional - Page 32 EmptyToday at 9:47 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Tozer Devotional - Page 32 EmptyYesterday at 10:45 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Tozer Devotional - Page 32 EmptyYesterday at 10:40 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor
Tozer Devotional - Page 32 EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Tozer Devotional - Page 32 EmptyYesterday at 10:28 pm by Admin

»  HOLOCAUST STUDIES
Tozer Devotional - Page 32 EmptyYesterday at 10:25 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Tozer Devotional - Page 32 EmptyYesterday at 12:27 am by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Tozer Devotional - Page 32 EmptyYesterday at 12:19 am by Admin

» BREITBART NEWS
Tozer Devotional - Page 32 EmptyWed 23 Sep 2020, 7:13 pm by Admin

» Black Lives Matter Riots and MORE
Tozer Devotional - Page 32 EmptyWed 23 Sep 2020, 6:54 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Tozer Devotional - Page 32 EmptyWed 23 Sep 2020, 6:49 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Tozer Devotional - Page 32 EmptyWed 23 Sep 2020, 6:24 pm by Admin

» AISH
Tozer Devotional - Page 32 EmptyWed 23 Sep 2020, 6:23 pm by Admin

» Keith China Nanjing
Tozer Devotional - Page 32 EmptyWed 23 Sep 2020, 6:02 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Tozer Devotional

Page 32 of 41 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 41  Next

Go down

Tozer Devotional - Page 32 Empty Re: Tozer Devotional

Post  Admin on Sun 28 Aug 2011, 2:17 pm

Tozer Devotional
Saturday, August 27, 2011

NO ONE CHANGES GOD'S LAW

Because we live in a period known as the age of God's grace, it has become a popular thing to declare that the Ten Commandments are no longer valid, no longer relevant in our society. With that context, it has become apparent that Christian churches are not paying attention to the Ten Commandments. But Dwight L Moody preached often in the commandments. John Wesley said he preached the commands of the Law to prepare the way for the gospel. R. A. Torrey told ministers if they did not preach the Law they would have no response to the preaching of the gospel. It is the Law that shows us our need for the gospel of salvation and forgiveness! It is accurate to say that our binding obligation is not to the Old Testament Law. As sincere Christians we are under Christ's higher law-that which is represented in His love and grace. But everything that is morally commanded in the Ten Commandments still comprises the moral principles that are the will of God for His people. God's basic moral will for His people has not changed!

Verse
I delight to do thy will, 0 my God: yea, thy law is within my heart. Psalm 40:8

Thought
It is the Law that shows us our need for the gospel of salvation and forgiveness!

Prayer
Lord, thank you for your law, which showed me how much I need you, and thank you for your grace that allowed me access to you!

Tozer Devotional
Friday, August 25, 2011

LOVING GOD ONLY

The first and greatest commandment is to love God with every power of our entire being. Where love like that exists, there can be no place for a second object. Yet popular Christianity has as one of its most effective talking points the idea that God exists to help people to get ahead in this world! The God of the poor has become the God of an affluent society. We hear that Christ no longer refuses to be a judge or a divider between money-hungry brothers. He can now be persuaded to assist the brother that has accepted Him to get the better of the brother who has not! Whoever seeks God as a means toward desired ends will not find God. God will not be one of many treasures. His mercy and grace are infinite and His patient understanding is beyond measure, but He will not aid men in selfish striving after personal gain. If we love God as much as we should, surely we cannot dream of a loved object beyond Him which He might help us to obtain!

Verse
And because iniquity shall abound the love of many shall wax cold. Matthew 24:12

Thought
Whoever seeks God as a means toward desired ends will not find God.

Prayer
Lord, you are the master and I am the servant. I am yours to do with as you will. I expect no earthly gain in accepting you. Rebuke me when I feel otherwise.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 26 Aug 2011, 10:29 pm

Tozer Devotional
Thursday, August 25, 2011

\CHRIST MADE THE WORLD

Think about the world into which our Lord Jesus Christ came-it is actually Christ's world! Every section of this earth that we buy and sell and kick around and take by force of arms is a part of Christ's world. He made it all and He owns it all. Jesus Christ, the eternal Word, made the world. He made the very atoms of which Mary was made; the atoms of which His own body was made. He made the straw in the manger upon which He was laid as a new-born baby. Let me digress here. I hear an occasional devotional exercise on the radio, in which the participants ask: "Mary, mother of God, pray for us!" It is only right that we should express our position based on the Word of God, and the truth is that Mary is dead and she is not the "mother of God." Mary was the mother of that tiny babe, for God in His loving and wise plan of redemption used the body of the virgin Mary as the matrix to give the eternal Son a human body. We join in giving her proper honor when we refer to her as Mary, mother of Christ.

Verse
God hath spoken unto us by his .... . by whom he made the worlds. Hebrews 1:12

Thought
Every section of this earth that we buy and sell and kick around and take by force of arms is a part of Christ's world. He made it all and He owns it all.

Prayer
Lord, we only do you honor when we look at you in the right light. You are our God, the Creator of all, and the great I AM. I recognize that there is nobody else in that category. No created thing can create the creator.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 25 Aug 2011, 11:58 pm

Tozer Devotional
Wednesday, August 24, 2011

COMPROMISE IS COSTLY

Christianity today is so entangled with this present world that millions never guess how radically they have missed the New Testament pattern. Compromise is everywhere-but actually no real union between the world and the Church is possible. When the Church joins up with the world it is the true Church no longer but only a pitiful hybrid thing, an object of smiling contempt to the world, and an abomination to the Lord! Nothing could be clearer than the pronouncements of the Scriptures on the Christian's relation to the world. The confusion which gathers around this matter results from the unwillingness of professing Christians to take the Word of the Lord seriously. This whole thing is spiritual in its essence. A Christian is what he is not by ecclesiastical manipulation but by the new birth. He is a Christian because of a Spirit which dwells in him. Only that which is born by the Spirit is spirit, no matter how many church dignitaries work on it!

Verse
pray... that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. John 17:15

Thought
When the Church joins up with the world it is the true Church no longer but only a pitiful hybrid thing, an object of smiling contempt to the world, and an abomination to the Lord!

Prayer
Lord, I pray that you will strengthen my resolve not to compromise my spiritual life with worldly values. Help our churches to be separate from the world as you command us.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 24 Aug 2011, 5:04 pm

Tozer Devotional
Tuesday, August 23, 2011

FALSE PRETENDERS

All persons who are alienated from God and outside of Christ are part and parcel of a mighty deception! They are called upon to pretend that they can have peace of mind within and that they can be relatively happy and make a big success of their human lives if they have youth and wealth and morality and high position. In that sense of what is going on all around us, David never had to apologize for writing that "every man is a liar!" The whole human concept of success and happiness and inner peace, based upon who we are and what we have, is completely false. The rich young ruler who came to question Jesus had wealth, morality, position and youth. But his very first question gave the clue to his own inner emptiness of life: "What good thing should I do, that I may have eternal life?" He knew very well that there is not a person alive who has eternal youth or eternal position or eternal righteousness. So, like every other man, he had to make a choice!

Verse
When the young man heard that saying he went away sorrowful; for he had great possessions. Matthew 19:22

Thought
The whole human concept of success and happiness and inner peace, based upon who we are and what we have, is completely false.

Prayer
Lord, I know that I cannot truly live with joy apart from you. I pray that I will show others that the only real joy in life comes from forsaking our old lives to accept your much better offer.

Tozer Devotional
Monday, August 22, 2011

WHY SETTLE DOWN?

Why should a Christian "settle down" as soon as he has come to know the Lord? I blame faulty exposition of the New Testament for stopping many Christians dead in their tracks, causing them to shrug off any suggestion that there is still spiritual advance and progress beckoning them on. It is the position of some would-be teachers that everyone who comes into the kingdom of God by faith immediately obtains all there is of God's spiritual provision. I believe that such a teaching is as deadly as cyanide to the individual Christian life. It kills all hope of spiritual advance and causes many believers to adopt what I call "the creed of contentment. " I am sure you agree with me that there is always real joy in the heart of the person who has become a child of God. Sound teaching of the Word will then hold out the goal of moving forward, emulating the Apostle Paul's desire to become a special kind of Christian!

Verse
That ye might be filled with all the fullness of God. Ephesians 3:19

Thought
Why should a Christian "settle down" as soon as he has come to know the Lord?

Prayer
Lord, I know that there is so much for me to learn, and so many areas in which I need to mature. Let me not grow fat and content while I have yet experienced so little!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 22 Aug 2011, 9:10 pm

Tozer Devotional
Sunday, August 21, 2011

MAKE GOD'S WILL OUR WILL

The mystery of man's free will is far too great for us! God said to Adam and Eve: "Thou shalt not eat from this tree." Here was a divine requirement calling for obedience on the part of those who had the power of choice and will. When they disobeyed they usurped the right that was not theirs! The poet Tennyson must have thought about this for he wrote in his In Memoriam: "our wills are ours, we know not how; our wills are ours to make them Thine!" "We know not how;" then Tennyson girds himself and continues, "Yes, our wills are ours to make them Thine." As created beings, that is our only right-to make our wills the will of God, to make the will of God our will! God is sovereign, and we are the creatures. He is the Creator and therefore His is the right to command us with the obligation that we should obey. It is a happy obligation, I might say, for "His yoke is easy and His burden is light!" It is important to agree that true salvation restores the right of a Creator-creature relationship, acknowledging God's right to our fellowship and communion!

Verse
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? Acts 9:6

Thought
As created beings, that is our only right-to make our wills the will of God, to make the will of God our will!

Prayer
Lord, there is no other power on earth that can match the force of your will. My will is indeed under thine as it ever was even when I thought it was not so. It is indeed a happy obligation. Thank you for your oversight.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 21 Aug 2011, 6:45 pm

Tozer Devotional
Saturday, August 20, 2011

WHO IS YOUR EXAMPLE?

The Christian churches of our day have suffered a great loss in rejecting the example of good men, choosing instead the "celebrity of the hour" for their pattern. We must agree that it is altogether unlikely that we know who our "greatest" men are. One thing is sure, however-the greatest man alive today is the best man alive today. That is not open to debate. Spiritual virtues run deep and silent. The holy and humble man will not advertise himself nor allow others to do it for him. The Christian who is zealous to promote the cause of Christ can begin by living in the power of God's Spirit, and so reproducing the life of Christ in the sight of men. In deep humility and without ostentation he can let his light shine. To sum it all up: the most effective argument for Christianity is still the good lives of those who profess it!

Verse
Be thou an example... in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. 1 Timothy 4:12

Thought
The holy and humble man will not advertise himself nor allow others to do it for him.

Prayer
Lord, I pray that I will spend my time living my life for your glory, and not trying to look like I am living for you only to increase my own glory. I am only the molded vessel, and you are the master.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 20 Aug 2011, 6:46 pm

Tozer Devotional
Friday, August 19, 2011

WITHOUT FEELING?

I do know something of the emotional life that goes along with conversion to Jesus Christ. I came into the kingdom of God with joy, knowing that I had been forgiven. I have had people tell me very dogmatically that they will never allow "feeling" to have any part in their spiritual life and experience. "Too bad for you!" is my reply. I say that because I have voiced a very real definition of what I believe true worship to be: "Worship is to feel in the heart!" In the Christian faith, we should be able to use the word "feel" boldly and without apology. What worse thing could be said of us as the Christian church if it can be said of us that we are a feelingless people? I think we must agree that those of us who have been blest within our own beings would not join in any crusade to "follow your feelings." But if there is no feeling at all in our hearts, then we are dead!

Verse
Singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord. Ephesians 5:19

Thought
Worship is to feel in the heart!

Prayer
Lord, I more than anyone know the joy of salvation. I pray that as you bring feelings of joy and worship into my life that I will have the means to communicate those feelings to others.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 19 Aug 2011, 3:12 pm

Tozer Devotional
Thursday, August 18, 2011

DO THINGS POSSESS US?

I think a lot of people in our congregations get confused when some learned brother advises us that we must all join in a fervent fight against "materialism. " If men and women do not know what materialism is, how can they be expected to join the battle? Materialism in its crisis form occurs when men and women created in the image of God accept and look upon matter as "the ultimate"-the only reality. The advice, "We must fight materialism, " does not mean that everyone should get a sword, and run after a fellow named Material, and cut him down. What it does mean is that we should start believing in the fact of God's Creation and that matter is only a creature of the all-wise and ever-loving God! The believer is not deceived into believing that the physical things we know and enjoy are the ultimate end, in themselves.

Verse
Nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy. 1 Timothy 6:17

Thought
If men and women do not know what materialism is, how can they be expected to join the battle?

Prayer
Lord, I pray that you will remind me that it is the Creator, and not the created that matters in life. Help me to focus on you and not the temporary things of this world.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 18 Aug 2011, 5:11 pm

Tozer Devotional
Wednesday, August 17, 2011

SPECTATOR CHRISTIANS

This we have heard: "I am a born again Christian and I am happy that my sins are forgiven and I go to church on Sunday because I like the fellowship!" We ask: "Do you not go to put yourself in the way of spiritual blessing?" The answer: "No, I am saved and I do not need anything!" We ask: "Have you offered to witness, to pray, to encourage, to assist, to participate in your church's life and outreach?" The answer: "No. My church seems to get along very well without my help!" Brethren, this "non participation" kind of faith is a strange parody on Bible Christianity. Men and women who say they are believers just cancel themselves out. Is it something we have learned from the sporting events?-the great majority are spectators. They come and sit! If there is any true spiritual life within us, God will give us a gift of some kind and the humble soul will find something to do for God!

Verse
By love serve one another. Galatians 5:13

Thought
Men and women who say they are believers just cancel themselves out. Is it something we have learned from the sporting events?-the great majority are spectators. They come and sit!

Prayer
Lord, I want to be a full contact christian. I will not sit on the bench.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 17 Aug 2011, 10:00 am

Tozer Devotional
Tuesday, August 16, 2011

NEW TESTAMENT ROOT

SIt is really a blessed thing in our Christian fellowship and in our congregations that God never asks whether it is a big church or a little church! A young pastor, when introduced to a well-known church leader, said, "You do not know me. I am the pastor of a little rural church." I think it was a wise reply that came from the churchman: "Young man, there are no little churches; all churches are the same size in God's sight!" But, whether large or small, it must be an assembly of believers brought together through the Name of Jesus, to worship in God's Presence; and with the right to receive all that God bestows. With these roots, we should ask ourselves if we are truly interested in spiritual attainment as were the New Testament believers. We must confess that the spiritual temperature among us may often be lower than in the early church. But we hold to the message that those who truly honor the Presence of the Savior are included in this relationship that goes back to the New Testament and to the apostles!

Verse
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body... and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. 1 Corinthians 12:13

Thought
we should ask ourselves if we are truly interested in spiritual attainment as were the New Testament believers.

Prayer
Lord, I am so glad that you do not look at us in terms of numbers. Help us to measure ourselves as you measure us.

Monday, August 15, 2011

HIS CROSS IS MY CROSS

To take Jesus Christ into your life without reservation is to accept His friends as your friends and to know that His enemies will be your enemies! It means that we accept His rejection as our rejection. We knowingly accept His cross as our cross. If you then find yourself in an area where Christ has no friends, you will be friendless-except for the one Friend who will stick closer than a brother. I made up my mind a long time ago. Those who declare themselves enemies of Jesus Christ must look upon me as their enemy, and I ask no quarter from them! And if they are friends of Christ they are my friends-and I do not care what color they are or what denomination they belong to. If the preachers would faithfully tell the people what it actually means to receive Christ and obey Him and live for Him, we would have fewer converts backsliding and foundering. Preachers who are not faithful one day will stand before the judgment seat of Christ and answer to a faithful Savior why they betrayed His people in this way!

Verse
The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord. Matthew 10:24

Thought
To take Jesus Christ into your life without reservation is to accept His friends as your friends and to know that His enemies will be your enemies!

Prayer
Lord, when I accepted your Lordship in my life I alligned myself with you. May my enemies never be your friends, nor my friends your enemies.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

GOD'S GRACE IS ETERNAL

It is a typical and accepted teaching in Christian churches today that Moses and the Old Testament knew only God's law, and that Christ and the New Testament know only God's grace. I repeat: that is the "accepted" teaching of the hour - but I also hasten to add that it is a mistaken concept, and that it was never the concept held and taught by the early Christian church fathers. God has always been the God of all grace, and He does not change. Immutability is an attribute of God; therefore God at all times and in all of history must act like Himself! He is the God of all grace; therefore the grace of God does not ebb and flow like the ocean tides. There has always been the fullness of grace in the heart of God. There is no more grace now than there was previously and there will never be any more grace than there is now! The flow of God's grace did not begin when Christ came to die for us. It was part of God's ancient plan of redemption and was manifested in the blood and tears and pain and death at Calvary's cross!

Verse
Much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many. Romans 5:15

Thought
God has always been the God of all grace, and He does not change. Immutability is an attribute of God; therefore God at all times and in all of history must act like Himself!

Prayer
Lord, It is such an amazing fact that your grace abounds so freely to us. Help me to remember that you are always the same. Your amazing grace is always the same.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 14 Aug 2011, 10:46 pm

Tozer Devotional
Saturday, August 13, 2011

GOD KNOWS MY PRAYER

We modern Christians seem to be a strange breed in many of our ways. We are so completely satisfied with earthly things and we enjoy our creature comforts so much that we would just rather stay on here for a long, long time! Probably most of us do not tell God about that kind of desire when we pray. But for years I have made a practice of writing many of my earnest prayers to God in a little book - a book now well worn. I remind God often of what my prayers have been. One prayer in the book - and God knows it well by this time - is an honest supplication: Oh, God, Let me die rather than to go on day by day living wrong. I do not want to become a careless, fleshly old man. I want to be right so that I can die right! Lord, I do not want my life to be extended if it would mean that I should cease to live right and fail in my mission to glorify You all of my days! I would rather go home right now than to live on-if living on was to be a waste of God's time and my own!

Verse
Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord... that they may rest from their labors. Revelation 14:13

Thought
I would rather go home right now than to live on-if living on was to be a waste of God's time and my own!

Prayer
Lord, my prayer is that you will keep me only for your service, and that when I am no longer of service that you would take me home. I look forward to eternity praising you even as I praise you now.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 13 Aug 2011, 7:20 pm

Tozer Devotional
Friday, August 12, 2011

ASTONISHED REVERENCE

In my own being, I could not exist very long as a Christian without the inner consciousness of the Presence and nearness of God! I can only keep right by keeping the fear of God on my soul and delighting in the fascinating rapture of worship. I am sorry that the powerful sense of godly fear is a missing quality in churches today. The fear of God is that "astonished reverence" of which the saintly Faber wrote. I would say that it may grade anywhere from its basic element-the terror of the guilty soul before a holy God-to the fascinated rapture of the worshiping saint. There are few unqualified things in our lives but I believe that the reverential fear of God, mixed with love and fascination and astonishment and adoration, is the most enjoyable state and the most purifying emotion the human soul can know. A true fear of God is a beautiful thing, for it is worship, it is love, it is veneration. It is a high moral happiness because God is!

Verse
Come and hear, all ye that fear God, and I will declare what he hath done for my soul. Psalm 66:16

Thought
I am sorry that the powerful sense of godly fear is a missing quality in churches today.

Prayer
Lord, you said that the fear of you is the beginning of wisdom. I want to be wise. I will fear you even as I adore and worship you.

Tozer Devotional
Thursday, August 11, 2011

A GREAT MORAL BLUNDER

Of all the people on the earth, the nation of Israel surely was the best prepared to receive the Christ of God. The children of Abraham, they were called to be a chosen people in an everlasting covenant with God, the Father. Yet they failed to recognize Jesus as Messiah and Lord. There is no doubt that theirs was the greatest moral blunder in the history of mankind. He came to His own people and they rejected Him! Jesus taught frankly that He was asking His followers to throw themselves out on the resources of God. For the multitude, He was asking too much. He had come from God but they received Him not! It seems to be a comfort to some Christians to sit back and blame and belabor the Jews, refusing to acknowledge that they have information and benefits and spiritual light that the Jews never had. It is surely wrong for us to try to comfort our own carnal hearts by any emphasis that Israel rejected Him. If we do that, we only rebuild the sepulchers of our fathers as Jesus said!

Verse
By the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified ... This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders. Acts 4:10-11

Thought
It is surely wrong for us to try to comfort our own carnal hearts by any emphasis that Israel rejected Him. If we do that, we only rebuild the sepulchers of our fathers as Jesus said!It is surely wrong for us to try to comfort our own carnal hearts by an

Prayer
Lord, this world has rejected you numerous times. Many people at many times in many ways have turned from you and rejected your salvation. I pray that you will start with me to reverse that trend.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 12 Aug 2011, 12:42 pm

Tozer Devotional
Wednesday, August 10, 2011

ASHAMED OF SIN

Brethren, I am not ashamed of this world God created-I am only ashamed of man's sin! If you could take all of man's sin out of this world, there would be nothing to be ashamed of and nothing to be afraid of. Our apologies must be for humanity-and for our sins. I keep repeating that we have no business making excuses for God. It is popular now to talk about Christ being a guest here. I dare to tell people that they should stop patronizing Jesus Christ! He is not the guest here-He is the Host! We have apologists who write books and give lectures-apologizin g for the person of Christ, trying to "explain" to our generation that the Bible does not really mean "exactly" what it says. But God has revealed Himself in Jesus Christ and thus we know where we stand, believing that all things were made by Him and "without Him was not anything made that was made."

Verse
Verily every man at his best state is altogether vanity... Surely every man walketh in a vain shew. Psalm 39:5-6

Thought
If you could take all of man's sin out of this world, there would be nothing to be ashamed of and nothing to be afraid of.

Prayer
Lord, you are the creator and loving host of all men while we live here on this earth. We could never find fault in that which you have created, only in the sin with which we have defaced the creation you gave us.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 10 Aug 2011, 5:46 pm

Tozer Devotional
Tuesday, August 09, 2011

THE HUMBLE PLACE

I have met two classes of Christians; the proud who imagine they are humble, and the humble who are afraid they are proud! There should be another class: the self-forgetful men and women who leave the whole thing in the hands of Christ and refuse to waste any time trying to make themselves good. They will reach the goal far ahead of the rest. The truly humble person does not expect to find virtue in himself, and when he finds none he is not disappointed. He knows that any good deed he may do is the result of God's working within him. When this belief becomes so much a part of any man or woman that it operates as a kind of unconscious reflex, he or she is released from the burden of trying to live up to the opinion they hold of themselves. They can relax and count upon the Holy Spirit to fulfill the moral law within them. Let us never forget that the promises of God are made to the humble: the proud man by his pride forfeits every blessing promised to the lowly heart, and from the hand of God he need expect only justice!

Verse
All of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility. 1 Peter 5:5

Thought
The truly humble person does not expect to find virtue in himself, and when he finds none he is not disappointed.

Prayer
Lord, give me a life that is yours to work through. Work in and through me. Make me a relaxed and willing vessel through which you are free to work as you will.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 09 Aug 2011, 10:55 pm

Tozer Devotional
Sunday, August 08, 2011

MAN'S VIEW OF THIS WORLD

If you have ever given much thought to this present world in which we live, you have some idea of the power of interpretation. The world is a stable fact, quite unchanged by the passing of years, but how different is modern man's view of the world from the view our fathers held. The world is for all of us not only what it is; it is what we believe it to be, and a tremendous load of wealth or woe rides on the soundness of our interpretation! In the earlier days, when Christianity exercised a dominant influence over American thinking, men conceded this world to be a battleground. Man, so our fathers held, had to choose sides. He could not be neutral-for him it must be life or death, heaven or hell! In our day, the interpretation has changed completely. We are not here to fight, but to frolic! We are not in a hostile foreign land; we are at home! It now becomes the bounden duty of every Christian to reexamine his spiritual philosophy in the light of the Bible. So much depends on this that we cannot afford to be careless about it!

Verse
Choose you this day whom ye will serve... but asfor me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15

Thought
The world is a stable fact, quite unchanged by the passing of years, but how different is modern man's view of the world from the view our fathers held.

Prayer
lord, you have commanded us to be ready for battle. I pray that you will prepare me for the fight, and that you will strengthen my resolve for the right.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 08 Aug 2011, 12:11 pm

Tozer Devotional
Sunday, August 07, 2011

BRAGGING ABOUT GOD

Basic beliefs about the Person and the nature of God have changed so much that there are among us now men and women who find it easy to brag about the benefits they receive from God-without ever a thought or a desire to know the true meaning of worship! I have immediate reactions to such an extreme misunderstanding of the true nature of a holy and sovereign God, for I believe that the very last thing God desires is to have shallow-minded and worldly Christians bragging about Him. Beyond that, it does not seem to be very well recognized that God's highest desire is that every one of His believing children should so love and so adore Him that we are continually in His presence, in spirit and in truth. Something wonderful and miraculous and life-changing takes place within the human soul when Jesus Christ is invited in to take His rightful place. That is what God anticipated when He wrought the plan of salvation. He intended to make worshipers out of rebels; to restore the place of worship which our first parents knew when they were created!

Verse
That God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion. 1 Peter 4:11

Thought
I believe that the very last thing God desires is to have shallow-minded and worldly Christians bragging about Him.

Prayer
Lord, you have changed me utterly. I have nothing to boast of in my own life, but I have you to worship and serve. I adore you and praise you for the opportunity to live my life for you!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 07 Aug 2011, 7:59 pm

Tozer Devotional
Saturday, August 06, 2011

UNHOLY, UNRIGHTEOUS, UNHAPPY

All of history and the daily newspaper testify that the human race lies in ruin-spiritually, morally and physically. The long parade of gods, both virtuous and obscene, and a thousand varieties of vain and meaningless religious practices declare our spiritual degeneration, while disease, old age and death testify sadly to the completeness of our physical decay. By nature, men and women are unholy; and by practice we are unrighteous. That we are also unhappy is of small consequence. But it is of overwhelming importance to us that we should seek the favor of God while it is possible to find it, and that we should bring ourselves under the plenary authority of Jesus Christ in complete and voluntary obedience. To do this is to invite trouble from a hostile world and to incur such unhappiness as may naturally follow. Add the temptation of the devil and a life-long struggle with the flesh and it will be obvious that we will need to defer most of our enjoyments to more appropriate time!

Verse
And so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned. Romans 5:12

Thought
By nature, men and women are unholy; and by practice we are unrighteous. That we are also unhappy is of small consequence.

Prayer
Lord, I trust that when you come to make all that is wrong right again, we will live life just as you planned.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 06 Aug 2011, 3:19 pm

Tozer Devotional
Friday, August 05, 2011

BLAME SOMEONE ELSE

In the earliest day of failure and tragedy in the garden of Eden, Adam came out of hiding, knowing full well his own guilt and shame. Adam confessed: "We ate from the fruit of the tree that was forbidden-but it was the woman who enticed me!" When God said to Eve, "What did you do?" she said: "It was the serpent that beguiled me!" In that brief time our first parents had learned the art of laying the blame on someone else. That is one of the great, betraying evidences of sin-and we have learned it straight from our first parents. We do not accept the guilt of our sin and iniquity. We blame someone else. If you are not the man you ought to be, you are likely to blame your wife or your ancestors. If you are not the young person you ought to be, you can always blame your parents. If you are not the wife you ought to be, you may blame your husband or perhaps the children. Sin being what it is, we would rather lay the blame on others. We blame, blame, blame! That is why we are where we are.

Verse
And the man said, The woman... gave me of the tree, and I did eat. Genesis 3:12

Thought
That is one of the great, betraying evidences of sin-and we have learned it straight from our first parents. We do not accept the guilt of our sin and iniquity. We blame someone else.

Prayer
lord, I know that I have sinned, and I know that I have nobody to blame but myself. All I can do is humbly bow before you in repentance and ask you to forgive me. Thank you for forgiving me of so much.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 05 Aug 2011, 6:31 pm

Tozer Devotional
Thursday, August 04, 2011

GOD IS SOVEREIGN

Oh, how I wish that I could adequately set forth the glory of the One who is worthy to be the object of our worship! I do believe that if our new converts-the babes in Christ-could be made to see His thousand attributes and even partially comprehend His being, they would become faint with a yearning desire to worship and honor and acknowledge Him, now and forever! I know that many discouraged Christians do not truly believe in God's sovereignty. In that case, we are not filling our role as the humble and trusting followers of God and His Christ. And yet, that is why Christ came into our world. The old theologians called it "theanthropism" - the union of the divine and human natures in Christ. This is a great mystery and I stand in awe before it! The theanthropy is the mystery of God and man united in one Person-not two persons but two natures. So, the nature of God and the nature of man are united in this One who is our Lord Jesus Christ!

Verse
We are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. 1 John 5:20

Thought
The theanthropy is the mystery of God and man united in one Person-not two persons but two natures.

Prayer
Lord, your ways are mysterious to me. I stand amazed in wonderment as I worship you. I pray that you will help me to understand you better!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 04 Aug 2011, 12:44 pm

Tozer Devotional
Wednesday, August 03, 2011

GEARED INTO THINGS ETERNAL

The coming of the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost was a gracious experience of fulfillment and blessing and direction for the Christian church. It was the continuing emphasis for believers that we must live to gear ourselves into things eternal and to live the life of heaven here upon earth. We must yield our first obedience and loyalty to Jesus Christ, at any cost! Anything we try to offer God tbat is less than that really is a degradation of the Christian church. Frankly, I would rather be a member of a group that meets in a little room on a side street than to be part of a great activity that is not New Testament in its doctrine, in its spirit, in its living, in its holiness, in all of its texture and tenor. The Spirit-filled and Spirit-led congregation will be a joyful people. Beyond that, it will be useful and caring and compassionate! I do believe that the Christian church ought to be a helpful influence to the whole community!

Verse
Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God. Hebrews 9:14

Thought
We must yield our first obedience and loyalty to Jesus Christ, at any cost!

Prayer
Lord, you have called me to be active and alive in your service. Please give me the strength to serve you as you intended.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 03 Aug 2011, 12:21 pm

Tozer Devotional
Tuesday, August 02, 2011

THE PROMISE OF THE SPIRIT

The miraculous events wrought in Jerusalem by the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost indicated to the disciples that Jesus Christ, the Messiah-Savior, had indeed taken His place at the right hand of the Majesty on high. With Jewish critics all around, Peter lifted his voice and said that all who were in Jerusalem on that day were seeing the fulfillment of prophecy-the words of Jesus that He would send the Holy Spirit after His death and resurrection and exaltation. "Therefore," Peter cried, "let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ" (Acts 2:36). Many, many have failed to note Peter's Pentecostal emphasis: the important thing in God's plan was the fact that Jesus had been exalted in heaven, and that His glorification there had been the signal for the coming of the promised Holy Spirit. What a lesson! The Spirit does not have to be begged - He comes when the Savior is honored and exalted!

Verse
This Jesus... being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost. Acts 2:32-33

Thought
The important thing in God's plan was the fact that Jesus had been exalted in heaven, and that His glorification there had been the signal for the coming of the promised Holy Spirit.

Prayer
Lord, I crave the Holy Spirirt more than ever. As I exalt your name may I revel in the joy that the Spirit brings to my life.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 02 Aug 2011, 10:47 pm

A HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY. . .
It is wrong to define education as "preparation for life." Learning is
life, a supreme experience of living, a climax of existence. [Abraham
Joshua Heschel]

RESTORATION OF ISRAEL & THE GENTILES
"Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out,
so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the LORD, and
that HE may send MESSIAH YESHUA, WHO was preached to you before, whom
heaven must receive until the times of restoration of all things, which
GOD has spoken by the mouth of all HIS holy prophets since the world
began." [Acts 3. 19 - 21]

The LORD declared and will make good HIS promise to restore and cause
the whole House of Israel and Judah to dwell in safety. "Therefore MY
people shall know MY NAME; therefore they shall learn on that day, that
I the ONE WHO promised, am now at hand — Behold, it is I. — How
beautiful on the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who
proclaims peace, who brings glad tidings of good things, who proclaims
salvation, who says to Zion — Your GOD reigns! — Break forth
into joy, sing together, you ruins of Jerusalem! For the LORD will
comforted HIS people, HE will redeem Jerusalem. The LORD will bare HIS
holy arm in the sight of all the nations, and all the ends of the earth
shall see the victory of our GOD." [Isaiah (Yeshayah) 52. 6 – 7, 9
– 10 Tanakh, Nevi'im]

Not only people, but the land and the Temple will be constructed and
establish: "Thus said the LORD OF HOSTS — There shall yet be old
men and old women in the squares of Jerusalem, each with a staff in hand
because of their great age. The squares of the City shall be crowded
with boys and girls Playing in its streets. Behold, I will save MY
people from the land of the east and from the land of the west, I will
bring them back, and they shall dwell in Jerusalem. They shall be MY
people and I will be their GOD — in truth and righteousness. Take
courage, you who now hear these words by the mouth of the prophets who
spoke in the day the foundation was laid for the House of the LORD OF
HOSTS, that the Temple might be built." [Zechariah (Zecharyah) 8. 4
– 5, 7 – 9 Tanakh, Nevi'im]

"Truly, the LORD shall comforted Zion, HE will comfort all her waste
places (her ruins); and HE will make her wilderness like Eden, her
desert like the Garden of YEHOWAH. Joy and gladness, thanksgiving and
the voice of melody will be found in Zion." [Isaiah (Yeshayah) 51. 3
Tanakh, Nevi'im]

"In the days to come, the Mount of the LORD'S HOUSE shall stand firm on
the top of the mountains and shall be exalted above the hills; and all
nations shall flow unto it. Many people shall go and say — Come, and
let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the House of the GOD OF
JACOB; HE will instruct us in HIS ways, and we shall walk in HIS paths.
For out of Zion shall go forth the Law, and the WORD OF THE LORD from
Jerusalem." [Isaiah (Yeshayah) 2. 2 – 3 Tanakh, Nevi'im] "Men shall
worship YEHOWAH, every one from his own land, even all the isles of the
nations (Hebrew: ha'Goyim — the Gentiles)." [Zephaniah (Tsefanyah)
2. 11 Tanakh, Nevi'im]

"For I am a great KING — says the LORD OF HOSTS — and MY NAME is
to be feared among the nations...From the rising of the sun, even to its
going down, MY NAME is honoured among the nations (Jews & Gentiles); and
everywhere incense is burnt and pure sacrifices are offered to MY NAME;
for MY NAME shall be great among the nations (Jews & Gentiles) —
says the LORD OF HOSTS." [Malachi (Malakhi) 1. 14, 11 Tanakh, Nevi'im]

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy
to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For all
creation eagerly waits in earnest expectation for the revealing of the
sons of GOD. For creation itself will also be delivered from the bondage
of corruption (death, decay) into the glorious liberty of the children
of GOD. For we know that the whole creation groans in labors of birth
pangs until now. Not only that, but we ourselves groan within ourselves,
waiting eagerly for the adoption, the redemption of our body." [Romans
8. 18 - 24]

How absolutely amazing, glorious and magnificent that time will be, when
these things shall be conspicuously evident and clearly visible.

Sha'alu (Pray) for the Shalom (Peace) of Jerusalem and all of Israel!
Welcome Sabbath, Queen of the week! We praise and bless you O GOD, for
lovingly and graciously giving YOUR Holy Shabbat to all peoples. May it
be YOUR will that our homes become a sanctuary worthy of YOUR HOLY
PRESENCE wherein YOUR NAME shall be hallowed, that YOU may come and
grant YOUR blessings and YOUR divine grace be made manifest on this
sacred day. We give ourselves over into YOUR keeping, our hearts
contrite, and our prayers made with a repentant heart.

Praying for the peace of Jerusalem is praying for the return of Messiah
Jesus and His Kingdom.

Web Page: http://delrifkah.homestead.com/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 02 Aug 2011, 10:46 pm

Tozer Devotional
Monday, August 01, 2011

WHEN PENTECOST CAME

As we read the New Testament, we find a very simple and very plain and very forceful truth-the Holy Spirit makes a difference! Consider the early disciples-Jesus Himself had taught them for more than three years-the greatest Bible school! But still He had to caution them and encourage them not to depend on their own wisdom and strength: "Tarry ye . . . until ye be endued with power from on high" (Luke 24:49b). He promised that they would receive the Person of the Holy Spirit to carry out His plan of world evangelization. After Pentecost, the Spirit brought them a new and vivid consciousness of the actual Presence of God. He gave them the gifts of divine joy and peace. He gave them great and continuing delight in prayer and communion with God! Finally, we recall that before Pentecost the disciples could only ask questions. After Pentecost, throughout the record in the book of Acts, they stood in the authority of the Spirit and answered all of the questions of the people concerning God's plan of salvation through the crucified and risen Christ!

Verse
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses. Acts 1:8

Thought
As we read the New Testament, we find a very simple and very plain and very forceful truth-the Holy Spirit makes a difference!

Prayer
Lord, I cannot imagine my life without the Holy Spirit. Thank you for that wonderful gift. I will delight in fellowship with you, and I want to be disciplined in your ways.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 01 Aug 2011, 5:34 pm

Tozer Devotional
Sunday, July 31, 2011

RESPONDING TO THE SPIRIT

Are we raising a whole generation of young men and women without any sensitivity to the voice of God's Holy Spirit? I am on record, and I will be as long as I live, that I would rather lose a leg and hobble along throughout the rest of my life than to lose my sensitivity to God and to His voice and to spiritual things! Oh, how I want to keep that sensitivity within me-within my soul! I am thinking about a great throng of men and women raised in Christian homes. They have been brought up in Sunday school. They probably cut their first baby tooth on the edge of a hymn book when the mother was not watching. Still, to this day, they are not right with God. Some have made a kind of profession but have never been able to delight themselves in the Lord. The reason? They have lost sensitivity to the message and the voice of God. If the Holy Spirit cannot move something within their beings every day they are not going to be effective Christians-if they are Christians at all!

Verse
Quench not the Spirit. Hold fast to that which is good. 1 Thessalonians 5:19-2O

Thought
I would rather lose a leg and hobble along throughout the rest of my life than to lose my sensitivity to God and to His voice and to spiritual things!

Prayer
Lord, indeed the most important sense I possess is the sense of your Holy Spirit. Cultivate in me a finely tuned sensitivity to you.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 31 Jul 2011, 10:26 pm

Tozer Devotional
Sunday, July 31, 2011

RESPONDING TO THE SPIRIT

Are we raising a whole generation of young men and women without any sensitivity to the voice of God's Holy Spirit? I am on record, and I will be as long as I live, that I would rather lose a leg and hobble along throughout the rest of my life than to lose my sensitivity to God and to His voice and to spiritual things! Oh, how I want to keep that sensitivity within me-within my soul! I am thinking about a great throng of men and women raised in Christian homes. They have been brought up in Sunday school. They probably cut their first baby tooth on the edge of a hymn book when the mother was not watching. Still, to this day, they are not right with God. Some have made a kind of profession but have never been able to delight themselves in the Lord. The reason? They have lost sensitivity to the message and the voice of God. If the Holy Spirit cannot move something within their beings every day they are not going to be effective Christians-if they are Christians at all!

Verse
Quench not the Spirit. Hold fast to that which is good. 1 Thessalonians 5:19-2O

Thought
I would rather lose a leg and hobble along throughout the rest of my life than to lose my sensitivity to God and to His voice and to spiritual things!

Prayer
Lord, indeed the most important sense I possess is the sense of your Holy Spirit. Cultivate in me a finely tuned sensitivity to you.

Tozer Devotional
Saturday, July 30, 2011

HONOR GOD'S SPIRIT

I think there are great numbers of Christian believers who ought to go home and go into their places of prayer and apologize to God for their demeaning attitudes toward the Holy Spirit of God. Included in their numbers are Bible teachers who are guilty of leading us astray. They have dared to teach Christians that the Holy Spirit will never speak of His own person or position, as though the third Person of the Godhead may be ignored and His ministry downgraded! Jesus said, "[When He comes] He shall not speak of himself, but whatever He shall hear, that shall He speak" (John 16:13b). Jesus was actually telling His disciples: The Comforter will not come to stand on His own, to speak on His own authority. He will guide you into all truth-He will speak and act on the authority of the divine Godhead: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. If you do not yield and honor the Holy Spirit, your lives will not show forth the blessed fruits of the Spirit!

Verse
Grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. Ephesians 4:30

Thought
The Comforter will not come to stand on His own, to speak on His own authority. He will guide you into all truth-He will speak and act on the authority of the divine Godhead: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Prayer
Lord, help me never to accept anything but the truth regarding the Holy Spirit. Make me always yielding and malleable in the Holy Spirit?s hands. I praise you and server you - the Triune God.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 41 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum