World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 28 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 28 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» JIHAD WATCH
Tozer Devotional - Page 39 EmptyYesterday at 11:38 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Tozer Devotional - Page 39 EmptyYesterday at 11:18 pm by Admin

» AISH
Tozer Devotional - Page 39 EmptyYesterday at 10:24 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Tozer Devotional - Page 39 EmptyYesterday at 10:21 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Tozer Devotional - Page 39 EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» israelAM
Tozer Devotional - Page 39 EmptyYesterday at 10:09 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Tozer Devotional - Page 39 EmptyYesterday at 9:54 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
Tozer Devotional - Page 39 EmptyYesterday at 9:51 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Tozer Devotional - Page 39 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:49 pm by Admin

» Pressure from UN Threats
Tozer Devotional - Page 39 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:45 pm by Admin

» Ship that obliterated Baltimore bridge
Tozer Devotional - Page 39 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:44 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Tozer Devotional - Page 39 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:08 pm by Admin

» Be Fervent in Spirit
Tozer Devotional - Page 39 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 10:54 pm by Admin

» Remain in God - iBelieve Truth
Tozer Devotional - Page 39 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 1:25 am by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Tozer Devotional - Page 39 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 12:43 am by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Tozer Devotional - Page 39 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 11:40 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Tozer Devotional - Page 39 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 11:00 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Tozer Devotional - Page 39 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 8:54 pm by Admin

» Is Gaza Really Starving
Tozer Devotional - Page 39 EmptySun 24 Mar 2024, 11:40 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Tozer Devotional - Page 39 EmptySun 24 Mar 2024, 10:08 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Tozer Devotional

Page 39 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Go down

Tozer Devotional - Page 39 Empty Re: Tozer Devotional

Post  Admin Sat 29 Jan 2011, 11:19 am

Tozer Devotional
Friday, January 28, 2011
MERCY: A BOUNDLESS SEA
A human being is never really aware of the great boundless sea of the mercy of God until by faith he comes across the threshold of the kingdom of God and recognizes it and identifies it! My father was 60 years old when he bowed before Jesus Christ and was born again. That was a near lifetime in which he had sinned and lied and cursed. But to him, the mercy of God that took him to heaven was no greater than the mercy of God that had endured and kept him for 60 years. I recall the story of an ancient rabbi who consented to take a weary old traveler into his house for a night of rest. In conversation, the rabbi discovered the visitor was almost 100 years old and a confirmed atheist. Infuriated, the rabbi arose, opened the door and ordered the man out into the night. Then, sitting down by his candle and Old Testament, it seemed he heard a voice, God's voice: "I have endured that sinner for almost a century. Could you not endure him for a night?" The rabbi ran out and overtaking the old man, brought him back to the hospitality of his home for the night.
Verse
God, who is rich in mercy... even when we were dead in sins. Ephesians 2:4-5
Thought
A human being is never really aware of the great boundless sea of the mercy of God until by faith he comes across the threshold of the kingdom of God and recognizes it and identifies it!
Prayer
Lord, thank you for your mercy beyond measure. Thank you for giving it so freely to people like me.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 28 Jan 2011, 12:27 pm

Tozer Devotional
Thursday, January 16, 2011
THE SECRET WORKING OF GOD
I do believe in the secret and mysterious working of God in the human breast. I must believe it after finding the forgiving and converting grace of God in the Savior, Jesus Christ. My father and mother held high human standards, but completely without any thought of God. My parents appeared to be without any spark of desire after God; attitudes that were cold, earthy, profane. Can you tell me why, then, at the age of 17, as a boy surrounded by unbelief-l00 percent-I could find my way to my mother's attic, kneel on my knees, and give my heart and life in committal to Jesus Christ? I cannot tell you why. I can only say that I know there is such a thing as the secret workings of God within the human being who has a sensitivity to hear the call of God. In my own case, I do have the testimony that my conversion to Jesus Christ was as real as any man's conversion has ever been! My fellow man, if the Spirit of God is still tugging at your heart, thank God-and follow the light!
Verse
That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life. Titus 3:7
Thought
I cannot tell you why. I can only say that I know there is such a thing as the secret workings of God within the human being who has a sensitivity to hear the call of God.
Prayer
Lord, may I always be sensitive to the still small voice that I heard when you called me to you.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 27 Jan 2011, 2:35 pm

Tozer Devotional
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
OCCUPIED WITH PRAISE
It is surely an erroneous supposition for humans to think or to believe that death will transform our attitude and dispositions. This is what I mean: if in this life we are not really comfortable talking and singing about heaven and its joy, I doubt that death will transform us into enthusiasts! If the worship and adoration of God are tedious now, they will be tedious also after the hour of death. I do not know that God is going to force any of us into His heaven. I doubt that He will say to any of us, "You were never very interested in worshiping Me while you were on earth, but in heaven I am going to make that your greatest interest and your ceaseless occupation." Controversial? Perhaps, but in the heavenly scene John describes, the living creatures crying "Holy, holy, holy!" rest neither day nor night. My fear is that too many of God's professing people down here are resting far too often between their efforts to praise and glorify the living God!
Verse
They rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God almighty. Revelation 4:8
Thought
If the worship and adoration of God are tedious now, they will be tedious also after the hour of death.
Prayer
Lord, give me the will to worship you now as I will worship in heaven.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 26 Jan 2011, 1:10 pm

Tozer Devotional
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
BETTER FARTHER ON
Truth that is not experienced is no better than error, and may be fully as dangerous. Remember that the scribes who sat in Moses' seat were not the victims of error; they were the victims of failure to experience the truth they taught! We should see that one of the greatest foes of the Christian is religious complacency. The man who believes that he has "arrived" will not go any further; and the present neat habit of quoting a text to prove we have arrived may be a dangerous one if in truth we have no actual inward experience of the text. The great saints of the past have all had yearning hearts. Their longing after God all but consumed them; it propelled them onward and upward to heights toward which less ardent Christians look with languid eye and entertain no hope of reaching. May we offer this word of exhortation: pray on, fight on, sing on! Press on into the deep things of God. Keep your feet on the ground, but let your heart soar as high as it will!
Verse
Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures. Luke 24:45
Thought
We should see that one of the greatest foes of the Christian is religious complacency.
Prayer
Lord, help me to practice what I know. Let me put the truth I have into action. Help me to be a living example of what you would teach me.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 25 Jan 2011, 4:02 pm

StationeryTozer Devotional
Monday, January 24, 2011
GLORY TO GOD
When the Holy Spirit comes among us with His anointing, we become a worshiping people! Now, that does not mean that all Christians everywhere must all worship alike - but that under the guidance of the Holy Spirit believers everywhere are united in their praises to God. When Jesus came into Jerusalem presenting Himself as Messiah there was a great multitude and there was a great noise. Very often our worship is audible, but I do not believe it is necessarily true that we are worshiping God when we are making a lot of racket. But I think there is a word for those who are cultured, quiet, self-possessed, poised and sophisticated. If they are embarrassed in church when some happy Christian says, "Amen!" they may actually be in need of some spiritual enlightenment. If some believer's "Glory to God!" really bothers you, it may be because you do not know the kind of spiritual blessing and delight the Holy Spirit is waiting to provide among God's worshiping saints. I can only speak for myself, but I want to be among those who worship!
Verse
The spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you. 1 Peter 4:14
Thought
Under the guidance of the Holy Spirit believers everywhere are united in their praises to God.
Prayer
Lord, thank you that through your Spirit we have a joy in worship that can not be had in any other way.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 24 Jan 2011, 4:11 pm

Tozer Devotional
Sunday, January 23, 2011
MORE THAN A NAME
There have always been professing Christians who argue and insist: "I am all right-I worship in the name of Jesus." They seem to believe that worship of God is based on a formula. They seem to think there is a kind of magic in saying the name of Jesus! Study the Bible carefully with the help of the Holy Spirit and you will find that the name and the nature of Jesus are one. It is not enough to know how to spell Jesus' name! If we have come to be like Him in nature, if we have come to the place of being able to ask in accordance with His will, He will give us the good things we desire and need. We worship God as the result of a new birth from above in which God has been pleased to give us more than a name. He has given us a nature transformed, and Peter expresses that truth in this way: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises, that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.(2 Peter 1:4)
Verse
Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 2 Timothy 2:19
Thought
We worship God as the result of a new birth from above in which God has been pleased to give us more than a name.
Prayer
Lord, Thank you for the ability to worship you as you would have me worship you, in Spirit and in Truth.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 23 Jan 2011, 4:22 pm

Tozer Devotional
Saturday, January 22, 2011
THE NEED FOR REVERENCE
Many persons who have been raised in our churches no longer think in terms of reverence, which seems to indicate that they doubt God's presence is there! Much of the blame must be placed on the growing acceptance of a worldly secularism that seems much more appealing than any real desire for the spiritual life that is pleasing to God. We secularize God; we secularize the gospel of Christ and we secularize worship! No great and spiritually minded men of God are going to come out of such churches, nor any great spiritual movement of believing prayer and revival. If God is to be honored and revered and truly worshiped, He may have to sweep us away and start somewhere else! Let us confess that there is a necessity for true worship among us. If God is who He says He is and if we are the believing people of God we claim to be, we must worship Him! In my own assessment, for men and women to lose the awareness of God in our midst is a loss too terrible ever to be appraised!
Verse
God is greatly to be feared... and to be had in reverence. Psalm 89:7
Thought
Let us confess that there is a necessity for true worship among us.
Prayer
Lord, help me remember that you are present with me, and help me to worship you with the reverence and respect you deserve.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 21 Jan 2011, 1:46 pm

Tozer Devotional
Thursday, January 20, 2011
GIFTS AND GRACES
I go back often to Genesis 24 for the illustration and the figure in the Old Testament reminding us of the adornments of grace and beauty that will mark the believing Body of Christ. Abraham sent his trusted servant to his former homeland to select a bride for Isaac. The adornment of Rebekah's beauty consisted of jewels and the raiment that came as gifts of love from the bridegroom whom she had not yet seen. It is a reminder of what God is doing in our midst right now. Abraham typifies God the Father; Isaac, our Lord Jesus Christ, the heavenly Bridegroom. The servant who went with the gifts into the far country to claim a bride for Isaac speaks well of the Holy Spirit, our Teacher and Comforter. He gives us, one by one, the gifts and the graces of the Holy Spirit that will be our real beauty in His sight. Thus we are being prepared, and when we meet our coming Lord and King, our adornment will be our God-given graces!
Verse
... gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will. Hebrews 2:4
Thought
Our adornment will be our God-given graces!
Prayer
Lord, the gifts you give us sparkle as jewels when we use them for your glory, let us always remember the promises of those gifts. Help me to be ready for my coming Lord.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 20 Jan 2011, 4:36 pm

Tozer Devotional
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
MORE THAN PARDON
It is a fact that the New Testament message of good news, "Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures," embraces a great deal more than an offer of free pardon. Surely it is a message of pardon-and for that may God be praised-but it is also a message of repentance! It is a message of atonement-but it is also a message of temperance and righteousness and godliness in this present world! It tells us that we must accept a Savior-but it tells us also that we must deny ungodliness and worldly lusts! The gospel message includes the idea of amendment-of separation from the world, of cross-carrying and loyalty to the kingdom of God even unto death! These are all corollaries of the gospel and not the gospel itself; but they are part and parcel of the total message which we are commissioned to declare. No man has authority to divide the truth and preach only a part of it. To do so is to weaken it and render it without effect!
Verse
For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of 2 Corinthians 7:10
Thought
No man has authority to divide the truth and preach only a part of it.
Prayer
Lord, thank you for the reminder that I undertook much more than a spiritual bath when I accepted your saving grace. You changed my whole life. Let me not forget this when I proclaim your gospel.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 19 Jan 2011, 3:37 pm

Tozer Devotional
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
WHERE IS THE RADIANCE?
I keep looking, but with little success, for a distinguishing radiance in life and testimony among our evangelical Christians. Instead of an inner witness, too many professing Christians are depending upon logical conclusions drawn from Bible texts. They have no witness of an encounter with God, no awareness of inner change! I believe that where there is a divine act within the soul, there will be a corresponding awareness. This act of God is its own evidence: it addresses itself directly to the spiritual consciousness. Thankfully, there are elements that are always the same among men and women who have had a personal meeting with God. There is the compelling sense of God Himself; of His Person and of His Presence. From there on, the permanent results will be evident in the life and walk of the person touched as long as he or she lives!
Verse
He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself. 1 John 5:10
Thought
Instead of an inner witness, too many professing Christians are depending upon logical conclusions drawn from Bible texts.
Prayer
Lord, let the witness of your Spirit in my life be the most compelling motivation for my convictions. Let me respect the wisdom of Godly men, but worship the wisdom of your Spirit. Let your influence in my life be evident to those around me.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 18 Jan 2011, 3:51 pm

Tozer Devotional
Monday, January 17, 2011
EVERYONE MAY COME
There is a strange beauty in the ways of God with men. He sends salvation to the world in the person of a Man and sends that Man to walk the byways, saying, "If any man will come after Me!" No fanfare; no tramp of marching feet! A kindly Stranger walks through the earth, and so quiet is His voice that it is sometimes lost in the hurly-burly; but it is the last voice of God, and until we become quiet to hear it, we have no authentic message. "If any man," He says, and teaches at once the universal inclusiveness of His invitation and the freedom of the human will. Everyone may come; no one need come, and whoever does come, comes because he chooses to. Every man thus holds his future in his hand. Not the dominant world leader only, but the inarticulate man lost in anonymity is "a man of destiny!" He decides which way his soul shall go. He chooses, and destiny waits on the nod of his head. He decides, and hell enlarges itself, or heaven prepares another mansion! So much of Himself has God given to man!
Verse
Whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. Revelation 22:17
Thought
It is the last voice of God, and until we become quiet to hear it, we have no authentic message.
Prayer
Lord, thank you that even when I was not capable of discerning any truly spiritual thing, you planted in me the seed of thought that turned my will to you so that when it came to my choice, it was a choice based on knowlege before unseen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 17 Jan 2011, 12:41 pm

Tozer Devotional
Sunday, January 16, 2011
LET THE DAY DAWN
The Bible tells us that when a person becomes a Christian, it is as though the sun has come up and the day has dawned. Then his experience along the path should be like the glowing light which shineth more and more unto the perfect day! This brings us to a question: if all Christians are alike in standing and state, why did Jesus point out three distinctions in the Christian life-"some thirty, some sixty and some a hundred fold"? If we are all alike and have all "arrived" at the same place and state, why did the Apostle Paul tell the Philippian Christians "I have suffered the loss of all things, that I may know Him and if by any means, I might attain unto that superior resurrection" ? I am of the opinion that we cannot experience that which we have not believed. I still think we must instruct and urge men and women, toiling along in average and common Christian ways, to move forward and claim spiritual victory they have not yet known.
Verse
The path of the just... shineth more and more unto the perfect day. Proverbs 4:18
Thought
I am of the opinion that we cannot experience that which we have not believed.
Prayer
Lord, give the spriritual victory today in every new challenge, and teach me the things you have specifically for me to learn.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 16 Jan 2011, 2:34 pm

Tozer Devotional
Saturday, January 15, 2011
CONFUSED ABOUT WORSHIP
To really know Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord is to love and worship Him! As God's people, we are so often confused that we could be known as God's poor, stumbling, bumbling people, for we are most prone to think of worship as something we do when we go to church on Sunday! We call it God's house. We have dedicated it to Him. So, we continue with the confused idea that it must be the only place where we can worship Him. We come to the Lord's house, made of brick and stone and wood. We are used to hearing the call to worship: "The Lord is in His holy temple-let us kneel before Him!" This is on Sunday and in church-very nice! But on Monday, as we go about our different duties, are we aware of the continuing Presence of God? The Lord desires still to be in His holy temple, wherever we are; for each of us is a temple in whom dwells the Holy Spirit of God!
Verse
For ye are the temple of the living God. 2 Corinthians 6:16
Thought
The Lord desires still to be in His holy temple, wherever we are.
Prayer
Lord, let me remember today, and always, that you live in this temple that is me. May I recognize the significance of that, and live like I know it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 15 Jan 2011, 2:16 pm

Tozer Devotional
Friday, January 14, 2011
LET US TAKE IT PERSONALLY
What a difference it makes when we humans cease being general and become pointed and personal in our approach to God! We then come to see that all that God did was for each of us. It was for me that holy men spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. For me Christ died-and when He arose on the third day it was for me. When the promised Holy Spirit came it was to continue in me the work He had been doing for me, since the morning of the Creation! So, I have every right to claim all of the riches of the Godhead in mercy given. What a blessed thought-that an infinite God can give all of Himself to each of His children! He does not distribute Himself that each may have a part, but to each one He gives all of Himself as fully as if there were no others. All that He is and all that He has done is for us and for all who share the common salvation.
Verse
Lord, thou wilt ordain peace for us: for thou also hast wrought all our works in us. Isaiah 26:12

Thought
I have every right to claim all of the riches of the Godhead in mercy given.

Prayer
Lord, thank you for the rich inheritance that is mine since you made me your son. Thank you for taking a personal interest in me.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 14 Jan 2011, 2:29 pm

TOZER Devotional
Thursday, January 13, 2011
LIFE FLOWS FROM GOD
Without doubt, we have suffered the loss of many spiritual treasures because we have let slip the simple truth that the miracle of the perpetuation of life is in God! Be assured that God did not create life and toss it from Him like some petulant artist disappointed with his work. All life is in Him and out of Him, flowing from Him and returning to Him again, a moving indivisible sea of which He is the fountainhead. That eternal life which was with the Father is now the possession of believing men and women, and that life is not God's gift only-but His very Self! The regeneration of a believing soul is but a recapitulation of all His work done from the moment of creation. So, redemption is not a strange work which God for a moment turned aside to do: rather it is His same work performed in a new field, the field of human catastrophe!
Verse
God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. Genesis 1:31
T
hought
All life is in Him and out of Him, flowing from Him and returning to Him again, a moving indivisible sea of which He is the fountainhead.

Prayer
Lord, let me remember that every aspect of my life is in your hands.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 12 Jan 2011, 2:59 pm

Tozer Devotional
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
THE BREATH OF GOD
Two of the great realities in our midst are surely the promised Presence of God and the testimony of His eternal Word! By the "Word of God" I do not refer only to the book you hold in your hand-paper and letters, pages and ink-sewed together with silk thread. By the Word of God I do mean the expression of the mind of God: the mighty, world-filling breath of God! Most of the things men and women talk about cannot be counted among the great realities of life. In October, people talk a great deal about the World Series as a great reality, but by December they have forgotten who pitched and who struck out. People spend their entire lives in the pursuit of those things that can only perish and fade away. But when it is all over, they are still going to be faced with the reality of the eternal Word of God, the revelation of Truth which God has given us! Think of the changes that would come if humans would suddenly stop and hear the Word of God!
Verse
The word that I have spoken... shall judge him in the last day. John 12:2
Thought
By the Word of God I do mean the expression of the mind of God: the mighty, world-filling breath of God!
Prayer
Lord, there are so many things to take in from moment to moment, but today let the things that I learn from be directly inspired from your Word.

Tozer Devotional
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
THOUGHTS ON COMMUNION
What a sweet comfort to us that our Lord Jesus Christ was once known in the breaking of the bread. In earlier Christian times, believers called the Communion "the medicine of immortality, " and God gave them the desire to pray: Be known to us in breaking bread, But do not then depart; Savior, abide with us and spread Thy table in our heart. Some churches have a teaching that you will find God only at their table-and that you leave God there when you leave. I am so glad that God has given us light. We may take the Presence of the table with us. We may take the Bread of life with us as we go. Then sup with us in love divine, Thy body and Thy blood; That living bread and heavenly wine Be our immortal food! In approaching the table of our Lord, we dare not forget the cost to our elder Brother, the Man who was from heaven. He is our Savior; He is our Passover!
Verse
He took bread... and their eyes were opened, and they knew him. Luke 24:30-31
Thought
We may take the Presence of the table with us. We may take the Bread of life with us as we go.
Prayer
Lord, thank you that the lesson of the Lord's supper is not left at the table, but continues to nourish the faithful partaker from day to day.

Tozer Devotional
Monday, January 10, 2011
NOTHING BUT SWEETNESS
Let me caution you about the attitudes of some of the bubbly "happy! happy!" people in our congregations who will insist that the Word of God can never be anything but honey sweet! Fellow believers, when we digest, absorb and soak up the Word of the Lord, it becomes part and parcel of our daily lives. It is our delight. It is indeed honey and sweetness. But as we share that same Word in our witness to lost men and women, we will know something of bitterness and hostility, even enmity. It will follow then in experience, that Christian believers who are intent upon being faithful witnesses for Jesus Christ may not always find sweetness and light in their contacts with evil, rebellious people. We need to pray for men and women in our churches who have determined to set their own agendas-to live their lives as they please! They have determined to manage the influences of the Word of God in their lives.
Verse
It was in my mouth as sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter. Revelation 10:10
Thought
Fellow believers, when we digest, absorb and soak up the Word of the Lord, it becomes part and parcel of our daily lives. It is our delight.
Prayer
Lord, keep the message of your Word sweet to me by creating in me a spirit which is in harmony with its teaching, but let me not be afraid to deal with the other emotions it may bring in this world that is defiant of that same Word.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 11 Jan 2011, 1:43 pm

Tozer Devotional
Monday, January 10, 2011
NOTHING BUT SWEETNESS
Let me caution you about the attitudes of some of the bubbly "happy! happy!" people in our congregations who will insist that the Word of God can never be anything but honey sweet! Fellow believers, when we digest, absorb and soak up the Word of the Lord, it becomes part and parcel of our daily lives. It is our delight. It is indeed honey and sweetness. But as we share that same Word in our witness to lost men and women, we will know something of bitterness and hostility, even enmity. It will follow then in experience, that Christian believers who are intent upon being faithful witnesses for Jesus Christ may not always find sweetness and light in their contacts with evil, rebellious people. We need to pray for men and women in our churches who have determined to set their own agendas-to live their lives as they please! They have determined to manage the influences of the Word of God in their lives.
Verse
It was in my mouth as sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter. Revelation 10:10
Thought
Fellow believers, when we digest, absorb and soak up the Word of the Lord, it becomes part and parcel of our daily lives. It is our delight.
Prayer
Lord, keep the message of your Word sweet to me by creating in me a spirit which is in harmony with its teaching, but let me not be afraid to deal with the other emotions it may bring in this world that is defiant of that same Word.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 09 Jan 2011, 7:30 pm

Tozer Devotional
Sunday, January 09, 2011
"WHY AM I HERE?"
Since the first fallen man got still long enough to think, fallen men have been asking these questions: "Whence came I? What am I? Why am I here? and Where am I going?" The noblest minds of the race have struggled with these questions to no avail. Did the answer lie somewhere hidden like a jewel it would surely have been uncovered, for the most penetrating minds of the race have searched for it everywhere in the region of human experience. Yet the answers remain as securely hidden as if they did not exist. Why is man lost philosophically? Because he is lost morally and spiritually. He cannot answer the questions life presents to his intellect because the light of God has gone out in his soul. The fearful indictment the Holy Ghost brings against mankind is summed up count by count in the opening s of Romans and the conduct of every man from earliest recorded history is evidence enough to sustain the indictment. Apart from the Scriptures we have no sure philosophy: apart from Jesus Christ we have no true knowledge of God; apart from the inliving Spirit we have no ability to live lives morally pleasing to God!
Verse
Who worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator; ... God gave them over to a reprobate mind. Romans 1:25, 28
Thought
Why is man lost philosophically? Because he is lost morally and spiritually.
Prayer
Lord, you are the foundation of a life with any basis and meaning. Help us to remember that when we strive to reach those who are searching for those very things.

----
Tozer Devotional
Saturday, January 08, 2011
LIVE FOR GOD'S GLORY
It may be difficult for the average Christian to get hold of the idea that his daily labors can be performed as acts of worship acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. We must practice living to the glory of God actually and determinedly. By one act of consecration of our total selves to God we can make every subsequent act express that consecration. By meditation upon this truth, by talking it over with God often in our prayers, by recalling it to our minds frequently as we move about among men, a sense of its wondrous meaning will begin to take hold of us. The New Testament accepts as a matter of course that in His incarnation, our Lord took upon Him a real human body. He lived in that body here among men and never once performed a non-sacred act! Brethren, we must offer all our acts to God and believe that He accepts them. We should then keep reminding God in our times of private prayer that we mean every act for His glory. We thus meet the temptations and trials by the exercise of an aggressive faith in the sufficiency of Christ!
Verse
That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorif' God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 15:6
Thought
Our Lord took upon Him a real human body. He lived in that body here among men and never once performed a non-sacred act!
Prayer
Lord, I live every moment of this day to fulfil you desires in me. Remind me as I do each task that you are my sufficiency.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 08 Jan 2011, 4:46 pm

Tozer Devotional
Friday, January 07, 2011
FAITHFUL STEWARDSHIP
God has been pleased to deal with us in a most remarkable way concerning our Christian stewardship and responsibility of honoring Him with the things He has entrusted to us. The Bible teaching is plain: you have the right to keep what you have all to yourself-but it will then rust and decay, and ultimately ruin you! This may hurt some of you but I am obliged to tell you that God does not need anything you have! He does not need a dime of your money! What you need to understand is that it is your own spiritual welfare at stake in such matters as this. There is a beautiful and enriching principle involved in our offering to God what we are and what we have, but none of us are giving because there is a depression in heaven! A long time ago God said: "If I had need of anything, would I tell you?" Brethren, if the living God had need of anything, He would no longer be God!
Verse
Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God has prospered him. 1 Corinthians 16:2
Thought
God does not need anything you have!
Prayer
Lord, help me to remember the reasons that I give to your work, and make me a faithul trustee of the blessings you give me.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 07 Jan 2011, 3:40 pm

Tozer Devotional
Thursday, January 06, 2011
GOD GIVES-AND GIVES
We ought to spend more time remembering the blessings and the benefits God is continually giving us while we are alive-before we leave this vale of tears! He gives us forgivenes - so we are to live for Him as forgiven sinners. He gives us eternal life. This is not just a future reality - our life in Him is a present bestowment. He gives us sonship: "Beloved, now are we the sons of God!" In this relationship there are many other gifts we receive from God, and if we do not possess them it is because we are not God's children in faith! We ask God to help us, to meet some need, to do something for you, and the Lord mercifully does it. I consider these the little and the trifling things, yet we make a great deal of them. But they are really the passing things compared to the great present benefactions of forgiveness, reinstatement in favor with God, sonship and eternal life!
Verse
Fight the good fight offaith, lay hold on etenLal life, whereunto thou art also called. 1 Timothy 6:12
Thought
We ought to spend more time remembering the blessings and the benefits God is continually giving us while we are alive-before we leave this vale of tears!
Prayer
Lord, so many things come to my mind as I stop to thank you, and all of them are precious, but the greatest of all is that I am redeemed, and I am your son.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 06 Jan 2011, 2:43 pm

Tozer Devotional
Wednesday, January 05, 2011
LET US BE THANKFUL
To be grateful to God's servants is to be grateful to God; and it follows that in a very real sense we thank God when we thank His people! We will always have spiritual leaders, and I think we make two mistakes in our attitudes toward them. One is not being sufficiently grateful to them. The other is in following them too slavishly. The first is a sin of omission, and because it is something that is not there, it is not likely to be noticed as a sin that is plainly present. We do make a serious mistake when we become so attached to the preaching or writing of a great Christian leader that we accept his teaching without daring to examine it. We should follow men only as they follow the Lord. We should keep an open mind lest we become blind followers of a man whose breath is in his nostrils. Learn from every holy man and his ministry. Be grateful to every one of them and thankful for them - and then follow Christ!
Verse
Giving thanks always... in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Ephesians 5:20
Thought
We should follow men only as they follow the Lord.
Prayer
Lord, thank you for those who minister to me, and for this reminder for me to thank them. Help me to regard them rightly, as they follow your will.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 05 Jan 2011, 4:24 pm

Tozer Devotional
Tuesday, January 04, 2011
"A CHEERFUL HEART"
The thankful Christian will turn with true delight to the expression of Joseph Addison in his Thanksgiving hymn, "When All Thy Mercies, 0 My God," found in many of the better hymnals. Addison gives a mental image that requires music for its expression: Ten thousand thousand precious gifts My daily thanks employ; Nor is the least a cheerful heart That tastes these gifts with joy! Here is the spirit of thanksgiving. Here is the understanding of what pleases God in our acceptance and use of His gifts. "A cheefful heart that tastes these gifts with joy" is the only kind of heart that can taste them safely. While Addison had in mind chiefly the gifts God showers upon us here below, he was too much of a Christian to think that God's gifts would cease at death. So he sang: Through every period of my life Thy goodness I'll pursue; And after death in distant worlds, The glorious theme renew!
Verse
Singing and making melody... giving thanks always for all things. Ephesians 5:19-20
Thought
"A cheefful heart that tastes these gifts with joy" is the only kind of heart that can taste them safely.
Prayer
Lord, you remind me today of so many things you have given me to be cheerful in, both now, and to come. I am truly thankful.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 04 Jan 2011, 5:15 pm

Tozer Devotional
Monday, January 03, 2011
GETTING GOD IN FOCUS
While many are busy trying to set forth satisfactory definitions of the word "faith," we do well to simply consider that believing is directing the heart's attention to Jesus! It is lifting the mind to "behold the Lamb of God," and never ceasing that beholding for the rest of our lives. At first this may be difficult, but it becomes easier as we look steadily at His wondrous Person, quietly and without strain. Distractions may hinder, but once the heart is committed to Him the attention will return again and rest upon Him like a wandering bird coming back to its window. I would emphasize this one great volitional act which establishes the heart intention to gaze forever upon Jesus. God takes this intention for our choice and makes what allowances He must for the thousand distractions which beset us in this evil world. So, faith is a redirecting of our sight, getting God in our focus, and when we lift our inward eyes upon God, we are sure to meet friendly eyes gazing back at us!
Verse
But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up steadfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God. Acts 7:55
Thought
Faith is lifting the mind to "behold the Lamb of God," and never ceasing that beholding for the rest of our lives.
Prayer
Lord, let me look to you always as the author and finisher of my faith.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 03 Jan 2011, 2:03 pm

Tozer Devotional
Sunday, January 02, 2010

GLAMOR INSTEAD OF GLORY

One ominous sign in the social structure that surrounds us is the false attitude toward anything that can be called "ordinary." There has grown up all around us an idea that the "commonplace" is old-fashioned and strictly for the birds! This existing mania for glamor and contempt for the ordinary are signs and portents in American society. Even religion has gone glamorous! In case you do not know what glamor is, I might explain that it is a compound of sex, paint, padding and artificial lights. It came to America by way of the honky-tonk and the movie lot; got accepted by the world first, and then strutted into the Church-vain, self-admiring and contemptuous. Instead of the Spirit of God in our midst, we now have the spirit of glamor, as artificial as painted death! Say what you will, it is a new kind of Christianity, with new concepts that face us brazenly wherever we turn within the confines of evangelical Christianity. The new Christian no longer wants to be good or saintly or virtuous!

Verse
Therefore, brethren, standfast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle. 2 Thessalonians 2:15

Thought
Instead of the Spirit of God in our midst, we now have the spirit of glamor, as artificial as painted death!

Prayer
Lord, do not let our churches be sucked into the whirlpool of glamour, Help us to grow our churches based on the authority of scripture, and not the vanity of men.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 02 Jan 2011, 2:35 pm

Tozer Devotional
Saturday, January 01, 2011
SAVED FROM IDOLATRY
It has been proven often in history that whoever entertains an unworthy conception of God is throwing his or her being wide open to the sin of idolatry, which is in essence, a defamation of the divine character. It is vitally important that we think soundly about God. Since He is the foundation of all our religious belief, it follows that if we err in our ideas of God, we will go astray in everything else. We would like to believe that there are no longer false gods in the world, but actually we recognize some of them in our own society. What about the glorified "Chairman of the Board" of the modern businessman? Or the story-telling, back-slapping god of some of the service clubs? Think of the dreamy-eyed god of the unregenerate poet cozy, aesthetic and willing to fellowship with anybody who thinks high thoughts and believes in moral equality. We often encounter the tricky, unscrupulous god of the superstitious; and the list goes on! Thankfully, we have found that to know and follow Christ is to be saved from all forms of idolatry!
Verse
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God. Exodus 20:5
Thought
If we err in our ideas of God, we will go astray in everything else.
Prayer
Lord, help me to remember that there is no replacement for you, and that you are who you are no matter what anyone believes of you.

Tozer Devotional
Friday, December 31, 2010
GOD AND THE INDIVIDUAL
When the eternal Son of God became the Son of Man and walked on this earth, He always called individuals to His side. Jesus did not come into the world to deal with statistics! He deals with individuals and that is why the Christian message is and always has been: "God loves the world! He loves the masses and throngs only because they are made up of individuals. He loves every individual person in the world!" In the great humanistic tide of our day, the individual is no longer the concern. We are pressed to think of the human race in a lump. We are schooled to think of the human race in terms of statistics. In many nations, the state is made to be everything and the individual means nothing at all. Into the very face and strength of this kind of humanism comes the Christian evangel, the good news of salvation, wondrously alight with the assurance for all who will listen: "You are an individual and you matter to God! His concern is not for genes and species but for the individuals He has created!"
Verse
Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin. Romans 4:8
Thought
Jesus did not come into the world to deal with statistics!
Prayer
Lord, Thank you for dealing with me one on one, and continue to challenge me to seek your face one on one.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next