World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 115 on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 3:20 pm
Latest topics
» AISH
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 2 EmptyToday at 10:12 pm by Admin

» servant @ TWO LISTENERS
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 2 EmptyToday at 10:00 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 2 EmptyToday at 9:41 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 2 EmptyToday at 9:30 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 2 EmptyToday at 9:28 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 2 EmptyToday at 9:26 pm by Admin

» Keith China Nanjing
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 2 EmptyToday at 9:23 pm by Admin

» Barry Smith Deceased End Time Prophesy short Videos
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 2 EmptyToday at 9:15 pm by Admin

» POPE FRANCIS Deal with CHINA
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 2 EmptyToday at 9:08 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 2 EmptyToday at 8:55 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 2 EmptyToday at 7:52 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 2 EmptyToday at 7:51 pm by Admin

» Lebanon Beirut Blast Explosure
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 2 EmptyToday at 7:48 pm by Admin

» ATLAS SHRUGS - PAMELA GELLER
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 2 EmptyToday at 7:40 pm by Admin

» CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 2 EmptyToday at 7:31 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL HISTORY
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 2 EmptyToday at 7:28 pm by Admin

» BIRTH PANGS – Series of Powerful Earthquakes Volcano's Strike Around the Globe
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 2 EmptyToday at 6:52 pm by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 2 EmptyToday at 6:45 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 2 EmptyToday at 6:44 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 2 EmptyToday at 6:42 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down

Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 2 Empty Re: Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).

Post  Admin on Sat 01 Feb 2020, 8:56 pm

Dearly Beloved,

WHAT A LASTING COVENANT!

“The Lord has sworn in truth to David; He will not turn from it: ‘I will set upon your throne the fruit of your body. If your sons will keep My covenant and My testimony which I shall teach them, their sons also shall sit upon your throne forevermore’” (Psalm 132:11-12 NKJV).

“Attempt great things for God and expect great things from God.” This is a popular saying attributed to William Carey. It described best the situation of King David when he wanted to build a befitting house for the Ark of the Covenant that symbolized the presence of God with the people of Israel (see 2 Samuel 7; 1 Chronicles 17).. Although, God did not allow him to achieve this feat, nevertheless, God promised that his son that would reign after him would carry out the project. God made more promises to David that included a covenant that his descendants would rule forever. This covenant is ultimately fulfilled in the Lord Jesus Christ who is the promised Son of David (see 2 Samuel 7:15-16; Matthew 1:1; Romans 1:3; Revelation 22:16). David indeed got greater things than what he expected from God as he attempted great thing for God.

Solomon, the son of David who reigned after him, started and completed the building of a befitting temple for God in Jerusalem. Many people believe that Solomon composed Psalm 132 to be sung at the dedication of the temple. He beseeched God to remember the afflictions of his father, David. He reminded God that it was David that originally had the intention of building the temple (verses 1-5). He recalled how the Ark of the Covenant was captured by the Philistines and later found in the fields near Kiriath-Jearim (verse 6, see 1 Samuel 6). David later brought the ark to Jerusalem, the seat of power (see 2 Samuel 6). The people yearned to go and worship God by this ark (verses 7-9). As David planned to build a befitting place for the Ark, and God hindered him from doing so, God made a lasting covenant with him and his descendants (verses 11-12). Verses 11 to 18 record the contents of this covenant: descendants of David would be ruling; Jerusalem has been chosen as a dwelling place for God; blessings and provisions would abound; there would be deliverance and joy; the dynasty of David would be firmly established; and David’s enemies would be put to shame.

It is interesting to note that God promised not to turn away from this covenant, though He put a condition there that if the descendants of David would keep the covenant (see verses 11-12). God fulfilled all the promises in the covenant in spite of the fact that Solomon and other descendants of David later breached the covenant. God fulfilled the covenant in the life of Jesus Christ when He (Jesus) was on earth, and the covenant will be ultimately fulfilled in Jesus Christ when He (Jesus) will reign supremely over the whole universe at His second coming. Believers in Christ are enjoying the ingredients of this covenant now. They will ultimately enjoy the covenant when they reign with Jesus Christ at His second coming. What a lasting covenant!

Do you want to enjoy this lasting covenant? Accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour. Obey Him and consciously keep His commands. Do great exploits for God, and He will do greater things for you.

In His service,

Prayer Point: Pray that you always obey God’s commands so as to enjoy His covenant for your life.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 25 Jan 2020, 9:03 pm

Dearly Beloved,

THE LORD WILL BLESS YOU EVEN IN AFFLICTION

“Their descendants shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people. All who see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the posterity whom the Lord has blessed” (Isaiah 61:9 NKJV).

Whoever God blesses is blessed. His blessings are irreversible even in the troubles of this life. Similarly, whoever God curses is cursed, even when it seems the person is living in affluence. God is the only One that can reverse such curse. When one is been afflicted in this world, one can still enjoy the blessings of God because they go beyond physical or material blessings. They include spiritual and eternal blessings. No wonder, someone that is blessed of God can rejoice in affliction.

In spite of the disobedience of the people of Israel to God that caused their predicaments in captivity, God still promised to bless them. Isaiah 61:4-9 reveals how the Israelites had been humiliated, shamed and suffered from Babylonians who had taken them into captivity. God used the Assyrians and Babylonians to punish the people of Israel. However, God judged the Assyrians and Babylonians by tearing down their kingdoms because of their cruelty to the people of Israel. God is always jealous because of His own people.

Suffering happens for so many reasons. It could be either by personal mistakes, mistakes of others or by injustice. Individuals get what they deserve from their mistakes. Although, the Israelites (the people of God) suffered because of their sins against God, God in His mercy, blessed them for their suffering from their oppressors. He still fought for them and restored them back to their land.

Apostle Paul has said, “What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it?” (Romans 6:1-2 NKJV). If you are suffering because of your sins against God, repent today and ask for God’s forgiveness. He will forgive you and bless you. If you are suffering for being righteous, just or faithful, God will fight for you and reward you greatly. Do not stop being faithful no matter the affliction. You will still enjoy the blessings of the Lord even in the affliction.

In His service,

Prayer Point: O Lord, help me to walk righteously before You so as to enjoy more of Your blessings even in life’s troubles.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 19 Jan 2020, 9:14 pm

Dearly Beloved,

CAN THESE BONES LIVE?

“The hand of the Lord came upon me and brought me out in the Spirit of the Lord, and set me down in the midst of the valley; and it was full of bones. Then He caused me to pass by them all around, and behold, there were very many in the open valley; and indeed they were very dry. And He said to me, ‘Son of man, can these bones live?’ So I answered, ‘O Lord God, You know’”  (Ezekiel 37:1-3 NKJV).

I am not happy with the level of corruption in my country, Nigeria. Corruption has eating deep into the fibre of every place from the highest level in the corridors of power in the country to the lowest level one can think of. Even, our religious (and especially Christian) settings are not left out of this moral decadence. I have been thinking if there would be any remedy from this situation. Will Nigeria ever be corruption free again?

As I ruminated on this, the vision of Ezekiel in Ezekiel 37 came to my mind and specifically, the question of the Sovereign Lord: “Can these bones live?” Ezekiel could not answer the question, but the Lord asked him to command the dry bones to come back to life. After the dry bones had come back to life at Ezekiel’s command, the Lord gave the meaning of the vision: the dry bones were the whole house of Israel who thought that “[their] bones are dry, [their] hope is lost, and we ourselves are cut off!” (verse 11 NKJV). The Lord then asked Ezekiel to prophesy to the people that He (God) would open their graves and bring them up from their scattered places; that He would bring them back to the land of Israel. After these, the people of Israel would know that He is the Lord, when He opens their graves and brings them up from the far places. He also promised to put His Spirit in them and that they would live (see verses 12-14).

In spite of the level of corruption in Nigeria, I believe that Nigeria will be free of corruption one day. Only, I cannot say how soon this will be. However, what role am I playing to make this come to reality sooner? What roles are you playing to make Nigeria corruption free? For non-Nigerians, what roles are you playing to make your society corruption free? The bones of uprightness can live again wherever you find yourself by contributing your own positive quota towards it. Shun corruption in any form!

In His service,

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 19 Jan 2020, 12:31 am

Dearly Beloved,

CAN THESE BONES LIVE?

“The hand of the Lord came upon me and brought me out in the Spirit of the Lord, and set me down in the midst of the valley; and it was full of bones. Then He caused me to pass by them all around, and behold, there were very many in the open valley; and indeed they were very dry. And He said to me, ‘Son of man, can these bones live?’ So I answered, ‘O Lord God, You know’”  (Ezekiel 37:1-3 NKJV).

I am not happy with the level of corruption in my country, Nigeria. Corruption has eating deep into the fibre of every place from the highest level in the corridors of power in the country to the lowest level one can think of. Even, our religious (and especially Christian) settings are not left out of this moral decadence. I have been thinking if there would be any remedy from this situation. Will Nigeria ever be corruption free again?

As I ruminated on this, the vision of Ezekiel in Ezekiel 37 came to my mind and specifically, the question of the Sovereign Lord: “Can these bones live?” Ezekiel could not answer the question, but the Lord asked him to command the dry bones to come back to life. After the dry bones had come back to life at Ezekiel’s command, the Lord gave the meaning of the vision: the dry bones were the whole house of Israel who thought that “[their] bones are dry, [their] hope is lost, and we ourselves are cut off!” (verse 11 NKJV). The Lord then asked Ezekiel to prophesy to the people that He (God) would open their graves and bring them up from their scattered places; that He would bring them back to the land of Israel. After these, the people of Israel would know that He is the Lord, when He opens their graves and brings them up from the far places. He also promised to put His Spirit in them and that they would live (see verses 12-14).

In spite of the level of corruption in Nigeria, I believe that Nigeria will be free of corruption one day. Only, I cannot say how soon this will be. However, what role am I playing to make this come to reality sooner? What roles are you playing to make Nigeria corruption free? For non-Nigerians, what roles are you playing to make your society corruption free? The bones of uprightness can live again wherever you find yourself by contributing your own positive quota towards it. Shun corruption in any form!

In His service,

Prayer Point: Pray that the Sovereign Lord will break every yoke of corruption in your life and society.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 13 Jan 2020, 1:45 am

YOUR SITUATION WILL NOT OVERCOME YOU!
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2020 10:18:55 PST
Dearly Beloved,

YOUR SITUATION WILL NOT OVERCOME YOU!

“But now, thus says the Lord, who created you, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel: ‘Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you. For I am the Lord your God....’” (Isaiah 43:1-3a NKJV).

There have been controversies among Bible scholars about the date and authorship of the later part of the Book of Isaiah especially Chapters 40-66. However, whether this part was written as a futuristic prophecy or immediate one, it is a fact that the prophecy is applicable to us today. Let me focus my devotional message this week on the first verses of Isaiah 43. From history as confirmed by many Bible passages, the people of Judah were taken to captivity in Babylon. It seemed that all hope was lost for them. They were indeed depressed and downcast. However, in this hopeless situation, God reminded them that He was their Creator who have redeemed them and summoned them by name, therefore, they needed not be afraid. God promised to be with them in their miserable situation and that the situation would not overcome them. He reminded them that they were precious to Him and that He would rescue them out of their disheartened situation and bring them back to their home land. God did fulfil these promises for the people of Judah.

The Lord has been faithful in fulfilling these promises for His people, especially those that diligently put their trust in Him. They may pass through many waters and rivers of life, but they will not be drowned in them. They may walk through the fire of life, it will not burn them nor shall it scorch them. They need not fear all these adversities of life because the Lord will be with them (compare Psalm 23:4).

What are you passing through now? Do not lose heart! No matter the seeming hopeless situation, the Lord is with you. The situation will not overcome you. You will indeed overcome the situation for the Lord is with you.

In His service,

Prayer Point: According to Your word, oh Lord, save and deliver me from all my adversities and do not let my situation overcome me in Jesus Christ’s name. Amen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 06 Jan 2020, 12:02 am

Dearly Beloved,

YOU WILL NOT BE PUT TO SHAME

“For you shall expand to the right and to the left, and your descendants will inherit the nations, and make the desolate cities inhabited. Do not fear, for you will not be ashamed; neither be disgraced, for you will not be put to shame; for you will forget the shame of your youth, and will not remember the reproach of your widowhood anymore” (Isaiah 54:3-4 NKJV).

Once again, I welcome you to the New Year. As my family and I prayed for you on the first day of the year, I pray again that in this New Year, you shall increase in all ramifications; you shall inherit the nations; you will overcome what used to be insurmountable in your life; you will not be ashamed; you will not be disgraced; and you will forget your past shame and disappointments this year in Jesus’ name. Amen.

As it has become my tradition, my first message for the New Year will be based on these prayers as adapted from Isaiah 54:3-4. The Israelites were in exile because of their disobedience to God. Nonetheless, God did not abandon them. He had promised a “Suffering Servant” that would atone for their sin in the previous chapter. He was now promising them blessings, safety and peace under new covenant that He would make with them. This is a promise of a new covenant that was amplified in Jeremiah 31 and Ezekiel 36.

Isaiah 54 is an anticipation of salvation and restoration of the people of Israel from the exile, though the promises in the chapter go beyond the people of Israel as they portray the climax of all of the covenant promises of God at the end of the age. The promises particularly in verses 3 and 4 have to do with restoration and expansion of the once-neglected people of God. Like a barren woman who used to bear much shame, but later has many promising children, the Lord promises to restore His people and turn their shame to honour and expand them in all ramifications. The positive turnaround will be so enormous that the people will no longer remember their shame. 

The Lord that we serve is a covenant-keeping God. He fulfilled these promises in the lives of the people of Israel. He fulfilled it when Jesus Christ came to this world. He fulfilled (and still fulfilling) it by sending the Holy Spirit to be our Comforter.

Yes! The Lord that we serve is a covenant-keeping God. He has made a new covenant of eternal inheritance with as many people that believe in, and accept Jesus Christ – the Mediator of the new covenant – as their personal Lord and Saviour, and continue to abide in Him by obeying His commands. For such people, there is no more fear, shame, and frustration. He has promised as part of the covenant not to let you be ashamed. He has promised not to let you be disgraced. He has promised to make you forget the shame and disappointment of the past years.

As we begin another year, you need to align yourself with this new covenant by deliberately giving your life to Jesus Christ who is the Mediator of the new covenant. If you have done so, I congratulate you. However, you need to rededicate your life to Him by serving Him more than how you have done so in the past years. You will not be put to shame this New Year. You will not be disgraced. You will not remember your past reproach again in Jesus’ name.

Welcome to your year of new covenant! Once again, Happy New Year (2020)!

In His service,

Prayer Point: Pray that you will align yourself with the new covenant in Jesus Christ so as not to be put to shame this year.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 02 Jan 2020, 1:40 am

OUR PRAYERS FOR YOU IN THE YEAR 2020
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2019 16:55:58 PST
Dearly Beloved,
OUR PRAYERS FOR YOU IN THE YEAR 2020
Praise the Lord! He has given us the opportunity to start another year. To Him alone be the glory! Happy New Year (2020)!
As we always do every year, Opeyemi (my wife), Boluwatife, IfeOluwa, Michael, Abraham (my children) and I are welcoming you to this New Year with these prophetic prayers adapted from Isaiah 54:3-4 (NKJV).
This New Year:
- you shall increase in all ramifications;
- you shall inherit the nations;
- you will overcome what used to be insurmountable in your life;
- you will not be ashamed;
- you will not be disgraced; and
- you will forget your past shame and disappointments this year in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Happy and prosperous New Year!
In His service,
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor),
Baptist Building, Oke Bola,
PMB 5113, Ibadan 200001,
Nigeria
+2348055159591
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/spiritualdigest2003/
https://groups.io/g/spiritualdigest https://www.facebook.com/PastorBayoAfolaranmi (Facebook Fan Page)
https://www.facebook.com/afolabayo
https://twitter.com/spiritualdigest
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 29 Dec 2019, 9:26 pm

Dearly Beloved,

ANOTHER YEAR HAS ROLLED BY

“Through the Lord’s mercies weare not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning;great is Your faithfulness” (Lamentations 3:22-23 NKJV).

When I was growing up in thevillage, one of the hymns that we were sure we would sing at the service of theNew Year’s Eve in Yoruba is “Odun Miran ti Koja, Waawaa ni akoko naa n lo”[Another year has rolled by, The time flies so quickly by]. The hymn used tosignal the end of an old year, and the beginning of a new year. As a young man,I never thought deeply about the lyrics of the hymn and its meaning. However,recently, two of the principal officers in my workplace led us in singing theEnglish version of the hymn in one of our Chapel services. It was as if I neversang the hymn before. As advised by the senior officers, I ruminated on thelyrics of the hymn, and discovered that the hymn is really worthy of singingand its lyrics are worthy of pondering about at the end of every year.

Interestingly, the hymn is nota popular one, and its writer and the person that set it to music are unknown.I could not even find its history online like many other hymns. The lyrics ofthe hymn can be found in just a number of websites.

Indeed, another year hasrolled by, and the time flies so quickly by! When did we start this year? Weare now in the last days of the year. Unfortunately, this year that is to passby may be the last year for some people as many will still die within theremaining days of the passing year. That hymn writer was right to note that itis the mercy of God that kept us through. It is by His compassion andfaithfulness that we have not been consumed. The hymn writer went further toask a rhetorical question: “Have we been benefited [from the passing year]?”And he enjoined us to ask ourselves whether we are prepared if we are calledhome this year?

This world is undeniably a battleground.Thousands are falling down dead, and the arrows of death that fly can be sentto anyone. The hymn writer warned that we should hear and meditate on the word ofGod that is been preached every time because the close of eternity is at hand,we are standing on the brink of this age. He then prayed that we would be savedfrom our sins by the grace of God divine and hear Him say, “Come home”.However, we need divine mercy the coming new year, and a year that is more fullof joy.

Another year has rolled by....Have you pondered on the grace of God over your life in this passing year? Doyou really appreciate God for leading you thus far in the year? Will you stillunderestimate the mercy of God over your life? How are you handling the word ofGod that you have access to this year? This year will not be the last in yourlife. You will witness more years with divine mercy and more full of joy inJesus’ name. Amen. However, what if this year is your last?

In His service,

Prayer Point: Appreciate Godfor thus far He has led you in the passing year, and pray that you will notunderestimate His mercy and faithfulness over your life.

Verse 1
Another year has rolled by
The time flies so quickly by,
This year which is to pass by
May be the last year for some,
It's Thy mercy kept us through
Have we been benefited?
We should ask, are we prepared
If we are called home this year?

Verse 2
This world is a battle ground,
Thousands are falling down dead,
The arrows of death that fly
Can be sent to me, to you
When the word is preached, we hear
Help our hearts to meditate,
Eternity's close at hand
We are standing on the brink.

Verse 3
If we are saved from our sins
By the grace of God divine
We shall hear Him say, `Come home,`
May we see His face in heav'n;
For Thy people here on earth
Grant us mercy this new year;
The year that's more full of joy
Is the one that sees them home.
http://apostolicfaithweca.org/content/another-year-has-rolled 
Another year has rolled by
Printer-friendly versionSend by email
CGS No.:  646
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 10:22 pm

“SILENT NIGHT, HOLY NIGHT”
From: [email=spiritualdigest@yahoo.com?subject=Re:%20%E2%80%9CSILENT%20NIGHT%2C%20HOLY%20NIGHT%E2%80%9D]BAYO AFOLARANMI[/email]
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2019 11:24:00 PST

Dearly Beloved,
“SILENT NIGHT, HOLY NIGHT”
“And [Mary] brought forth her firstborn Son, and wrapped Him in swaddling cloths, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn. Now there were in the same country shepherds living out in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night” (Luke 2:7-8 NKJV).
Undoubtedly, one of the most loved and most sung hymns during Christmas season is “SILENT NIGHT, HOLY NIGHT”. Though highly romanticized, the story of the hymn is one of the most endearing and enduring in Christian hymnody. Joseph Mohr (1792-1848) composed the hymn in German, and John F. Young (1820-1885) translated it to English. Circumstances brought Mohr (who was a Catholic priest of humble background) and Franz Gruber (1787-1863) (an organist also of humble background) together as friends. The hymn was composed because Mohr needed a carol for worship.  Mohr had written a poem some years back. He brought the poem to Gruber who set it to music immediately. That evening in 1818 at Midnight Mass, Gruber led the congregation at St. Nicholas (their church) in the first rendition of “Silent Night”.
Although the popular hymn has gone through various versions as it is been widely translated to many languages from its original German, yet, the essence of the hymn and what inspired the composer to compose the hymn are still maintained in the various versions of the hymn. According to history, Joseph Mohr initially composed the poem that was later set to music when he was meditatively walking around on a hilltop and he looked down on the silent peaceful snow-covered village. The scenario reminded him of a calm and bright silent night, and the wonder of a tender and mild newborn Child born by a virgin as recorded in Luke 2. He reflected on the shepherds that trembled at the sight of angels that brought the news of the Christ the Savior that was born and sang “Alleluia to our King.” The silent and holy night revealed the Son of God with radiant beams from His holy face with His birth bringing the dawn of redeeming grace. Joseph Mohr concluded his reflection with an appeal to people that they should now join the angels to sing, “Christ the Savior is born!”
Yes! “Christ the Savior is born!” He was born at “...the fullness of the time... to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons” (Galatians 4:4-5 NKJV). That is everlasting news. The event is being celebrated every year with the name “Christmas”. Regardless of your view about the celebration, the event of the birth of Jesus on that silent and holy night should have eternal impart on your life. “[Jesus Christ] came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God” (John 1:11-13 NKJV). Have you believed in His name? Have you been redeemed by His blood?
I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year (2020) in advance.
In His service,

Prayer Point: Pray that the coming of Jesus Christ on that silent and holy night will have eternal impart on your life.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 9:18 pm

Dearly Beloved,

WHO WILL YOU GIVE HAMPER THIS CHRISTMAS SEASON?

“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life” (John 3:16 NKJV).

Ordinarily, a hamper is a large basket, usually with a cover, used for the packing and carrying of articles. There has been a long tradition of community and social philanthropy and charity related to hampers, whereby persons or community groups donate to needy people a hamper of food, clothing, toiletries, cleaning products, or other household necessities, to assist with their family needs. Until recently, in the Western tradition, such hampers containing tinned or packaged goods are given out to employees, business clients, family and friends during Christmas season, though some people do so anytime of the year. This practice is somehow associated with the Boxing Day.

Interestingly, the purpose of giving of hampers during this season has been defeated as most people are giving it for selfish motives. This is applicable to corporate bodies that give hampers out to their clients. Many of these organizations are using hampers as a way of endearing their clients more to the organizations. Even many of those that are receiving the gifts are selfish too, as only the superior officers share the gifts, neglecting the junior staff.

Jesus Christ is the greatest Hamper of all time given by God not because of Himself but because of the salvation of the world. The most popular verse of the Bible, John 3:16, confirms this. Isaiah 9:6 says, “For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given...” (NKJV). Many people celebrate the Child that was born, but neglect the Son that is given and do not follow the spirit of love that made God to give the Son.

Giving of hampers should not be restricted to corporate bodies alone. Individuals can also give “hampers” to other people, especially the less privileged so that they also can celebrate this season. As you are planning to celebrate this Christmas, who will you give hamper this Christmas season?

In His service,

Prayer Point: Pray that the Lord will open your eyes to the people that really need “hampers” from you this Christmas, and that you will be able to give them the gift.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 08 Dec 2019, 1:34 pm

Dearly Beloved,

THE MYSTERY OF THE BIRTH OF JESUS CHRIST

“For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace” (Isaiah 9:6 NKJV).

We are in another Christmas season! It is a season set apart to commemorate the birth of our Saviour and Lord Jesus Christ over two thousand years ago.. The season is one of the most celebrated seasons throughout the world. There have been many arguments for and against the season. Some say that the season has a pagan origin. Others rightly observe that December 25 could not be the birthday of Jesus Christ. Most people that celebrate it devote the season to the birth of Jesus Christ. However, no matter your position about the season, have you ever pondered on the mystery of the birth of Jesus Christ? What was special in His birth?

The Child that was born in Bethlehem by the Virgin Mary is the King of kings. The Son that was given to us is the Creator of the heavens and earth. As the Mighty God, He is so powerful that He did not need any help to carry the government of this world on His shoulders. He was born as an ordinary new-born baby, but He is the Everlasting Father. He is the Wonderful Counsellor and the Prince of Peace. 

The birth of this special Child has brought light, peace and joy to the lives of many people, especially people that put their total trust in Him. He is ruling and reigning in their lives now. But He will rule and reign over the whole universe one day when His kingdom will have no end.

It does not matter whether you believe in the celebration of Christmas, the supposed birthday of Jesus Christ, or not. What matter is: have you experienced the light, peace and joy that Jesus Christ brought to the world? Do you have His inner peace and joy? Are you sharing these light, peace and joy with other people? Are you shining His light to the darkness of the world? Will you rule and reign with Him when He finally establishes His eternal kingdom over the universe? 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year (2020) in advance!

In His service,

Prayer Point: Pray that you will really experience the light, peace and joy that Jesus Christ brought to the world.________________________
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 01 Dec 2019, 8:16 pm

Dearly Beloved,

DO NOT BE AFRAID, JUST TRUST INGOD!

“Moses answered the people, ‘Donot be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bringyou today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. The LORD willfight for you; you need only to be still’” (Exodus 14:13-14 NIV).

What would you do if you findyourself in a very precarious state? Would you resign to fate and be expectingthe worst to happen? The people of Israel found themselves in a verythreatening situation as they started their exodus from Egypt to the PromisedLand. The Red Sea was before them; mountains were in their left and rightsides; and the chariots of the army of Egypt were advancing to consume themfrom the rear! Expectedly, they were afraid, and they expressed their fear toGod and Moses. They even expressed their displeasure by blaming Moses forbringing them to such a fatal situation. Moses, on the other hand, was calm andassured the people that God would fight for them. What they needed was to standstill and see the deliverance of God. God also assured them through Moses thatHe would deliver them.

God did fight for theIsraelites as He led them through the Red Sea on a dry land. God made His angelthat was leading the people of Israel to go in between them and the raging armyof Egypt. He also made the cloud of light that was accompanying the Israelitesto shine light to them while the army of Egypt was in total darkness.

God is still in the businessof fighting for anyone who is ready not to be afraid, but stand still and trustin Him. Will you stop to be afraid, and start trusting in God today? You havebeen afraid and worried that this year is going to an end, and you are stillsurrounded by unpleasant situation. You have called on God, and it seems Hewould not answer you before the end of the year. You might have been blamingyourself and/or other people for your predicament. Do not be afraid! If you canstill trust in God, you will not see that raging challenge of life again beforethe end of the year. The psalmist said, “Trust in the Lord and do good.... Delightyourself in the LORD and He will give you the desires of your heart” (Psalm37:3-4 NIV).

Stop being afraid of anyunpleasant situation, and start trusting God to fight your battles. As theIsraelites sang song of praises later when God fought for them, you also willsoon sing song of praises and testify to the goodness of God in your life inJesus’ name. Amen.

In His service,

Prayer Point: O Lord, give methe grace to always trust in You in whatever situation I find myself.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 24 Nov 2019, 10:14 pm

Dearly Beloved,

O FOR A THOUSAND TONGUES TO SING

"My tongue will speak of your righteousness and of your praises all day long" (Psalm 35:28 NIV).

Charles Wesley is known as the co-founder (with his brother, John Wesley) of the Methodist Church, however, he is more known for his hymns. He is the author of some 6,000 hymns which after more than 200 years are showing no sign of losing their appeal. One of his hymns is titled "O FOR A THOUSAND TONGUES TO SING." He wrote this hymn while he and his brother were studying under the Moravian scholar Peter Böhler in London and he framed the title which now becomes the first line of the hymn from Böhler's words, "Oh, Brother Wesley, the Lord has done so much for my life.  Had I a thousand tongues, I would praise Christ Jesus with every one of them." Undoubtedly, Böhler said this in appreciation of God's goodness to him, Charles Wesley, and the humankind. According to history, the Wesley brothers had earlier had suffered a bout of pleurisy. The ailment led Charles Wesley to renew his faith in God, and as a commemoration of that, he composed this hymn.

A thousand tongues are not enough to sing about the praise of the great Redeemer, about the glories of God the King, and about the triumphs of His grace! The reasons are not far-fetched. As Charles Wesley put it in the hymn, "Jesus! the name that charms our fears, that bids our sorrows cease; 'tis music in the sinner's ears, 'tis life, and health, and peace. He breaks the power of canceled sin, He sets the prisoner free; His blood can make the foulest clean; His blood availed for me. He speaks, and listening to his voice, new life the dead receive; the mournful, broken hearts rejoice, the humble poor believe." Charles Wesley was talking about the redemptive works of Jesus Christ here. He knew that Jesus did not only heal him from physical ailment, but that Jesus saved him from spiritual death that everyone is experiencing since the fall of man in the Garden of Eden. He therefore prayed that God should help him to proclaim His goodness to all.

Without doubt, you also would have had many reasons to praise God for who is and what He is doing in your life. Will you not join Charles Wesley to pray: "My gracious Master and my God, assist me to proclaim, to spread through all the earth abroad the honors of thy name"? Will you not praise Him with the tongue and other resources He has given you? Indeed, a million tongues are not enough to sing about the goodness of God to mankind!

In His service,

Prayer Point: Lord, I praise You for Your righteousness demonstrated over my life every day.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 17 Nov 2019, 4:39 pm

Dearly Beloved,

EVERY MORNING OR EVERY MOMENT?

“Through the Lord’s mercies weare not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning;great is Your faithfulness” (Lamentations 3:22-23 NKJV).

The words of Prophet Jeremiahquoted above have been turned to axioms and most especially songs in praise of Godfor the renewing of His mercies, compassions and faithfulness every time. Therewas a mild drama in a departmental prayer meeting of in my workplace recentlyas one of such songs was sung in appreciation of the goodness of God to us.Customarily, every one sang, “…they are new every morning…”, but the prayerleader that day whispered loudly: “every moment!” Intuitively, most of us inthe prayer meeting changed the lyrics to “…they are new every moment…”, and theprayer meeting continued. Nevertheless, as we continued in the prayer session,I was pondering on the two phrases: “every morning” and “every moment”. Isthere any difference in them? Does it really matter if the words areinterchanged as that prayer leader suggested?

Yes! The mercies, compassionsand faithfulness of God are not only being renewed every morning, but everyMOMENT! The best illustration is our breathing in and out and the pumping ofour heart every second. If any of these stops, that is the end of the person,and God is so merciful, compassionate, and faithful that these bodily systemsare functioning in the life of every living organism including human beings.

Prophet Jeremiah in hisreasoning thought that these mercies, compassions and faithfulness of God arebeing renewed every morning as he woke up. He was right! It is by the mercies,compassions and faithfulness of God that we are being awaken every morningafter some hours of partial death in sleeping. However, more than ProphetJeremiah and many other persons could (or can) think, it is by these mercies,compassions and faithfulness of God that we are being alive and agile to dothings every moment. It is by these mercies, compassions and faithfulness ofGod that we are being protected from all evils every moment. We can think ofmany other things that these mercies, compassions and faithfulness of God aredoing for us every moment. In fact, mercies, compassions and faithfulness ofGod are being renewed in our lives every moment.

Do you recognize thesemercies, compassions and faithfulness of God every moment in your life? Or, areyou one of those ungrateful and foolish people that are thinking that they areexisting by chance? The mercies, compassions and faithfulness of God are beingrenewed in our lives every moment, not only every morning. Appreciate Him forthese moment-by-moment renewed mercies, compassions and faithfulness.

While the words of God cannot bechanged or be rewritten, yet, next time you are singing that song, sing it thisway: “The steadfast love of our God never ceases, His mercy never comes to anend, they are new every MOMENT, new every MOMENT, great is Thy faithfulness, OLord, great is Thy faithfulness.”

The mercies, compassions andfaithfulness of God are indeed new every moment!

In His service,

Prayer Point: Appreciate Godfor the renewing of His mercies, compassions and faithfulness every moment inyour life._____________________

"I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. FOR TO ME, TO LIVE IS CHRIST AND TO DIE IS GAIN" (Philippians 1:20-21 NIV).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 10 Nov 2019, 10:34 pm

Dearly Beloved,

DO NOT LOOK DOWN ON THEM!

“He who tills his land will be satisfied with bread, but he who follows frivolity is devoid of understanding” (Proverbs 12:11 NKJV).

I am not happy as I type this message. One of my elder sisters, Lady Evangelist Omolade Olowokere (nee Afolaranmi) (1968-2019) went to be with the Lord about twenty-four hours ago. She died in a hospital after a brief illness. She will be burry tomorrow. As we were planning for her burial today and looked endlessly for a moderate coffin in her vicinity for the burial, I remembered my experience on my way to the northeastern part of Nigeria some weeks ago. There is a town that it seems the booming business in the town is making and selling of coffins.  As we went through the town and saw makers and sellers of coffins, we were making jest of them that they do not have other business apart from this. However, I value their entrepreneurship as one of my cousins and I were combing the town where my late sister lived today for a coffin seller or someone that can help us make one. We eventually got one in another town.

The lesson I learnt today is that there is goodness and dignity in some businesses and professions that we normally look down on because such businesses and professions like coffin making, taking care of corpses, vulcanizing, and people like auto mechanics, and other professionals that their professions connote evil things. They are part of the necessities of life that one cannot do away with. In fact, they would be appreciated very well the day one needs them. Inasmuch as these professions are legitimate, they should not be looked down on. They are as important as any other legitimate work.

The Bible on many occasions admonishes on the dignity of work (see Psalm 104:23; Proverbs 10:4; 12:11, 24; 14:23; Ecclesiastes 3:12-13; 9:10; Romans 12:11; 2 Thessalonians 3:10). These admonitions are not only for works that we consider being good and desirable. Even the other undesirable works, but works of necessity, also have their dignity. You will need them one day. Do not look down on them!

In His service,

Prayer Points:

1.     Pray that you will always appreciate workers of necessities in life.

2.     Remember my siblings, other loved ones and me that my late sister left behind in your prayers in these mourning moments.

NB: I dedicate this message to my elder sister, late Lady Evangelist Omolade Olowokere (nee Afolaranmi) (1968-2019).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 03 Nov 2019, 11:31 pm

Dearly Beloved,

WHEN BEING MERCIFUL IS WRONG

“I charge you before God andthe Lord Jesus Christ and the elect angels that you observe these thingswithout prejudice, doing nothing with partiality” (1 Timothy 5:21 NKJV).

I went to an Automated TellerMachine (ATM) gallery to withdraw some cash recently. When I got to the place,there was a long queue of people waiting for their turn to use the availablemachines. I joined the queue and some other persons later queued behind me aseach of us was using the machines in turn. A lady behind me cited another ladyshe knows who was using one of the machines. She called her, and the other ladybeckoned on her. The lady in the queue went to the lady using the machine andthey started chatting. As the other lady completed her transaction, the firstlady used the opportunity to start her own transaction while they continuedtheir chatting. Other people in the queue started protesting for the trick theladies used to make one of them use the machine when it was not her turn. Thetwo ladies did not say anything until both of them completed theirtransactions. As they were leaving the ATM gallery, people continue to rainwords of abuse on both of them. One of the ladies replied, “Is it wrong to bemerciful?”

Although, other people repliedher, but I was pondering within me, “Is it wrong to be merciful?” When doesbeing merciful become wrong? Was that act a merciful act or an unfair act? Canone be merciful at the detriment of other people? Many other questions came tomy mind as I made use of the ATM and left the place. This scenario is a goodexample of what is called situational ethics. I know that many people willsupport it while many other people (including me) will frown at it and condemnit.

What does the Bible say aboutfavouritism and other similar acts like partiality, nepotism, discriminationand the likes? Apart from the fact that the God we serve is not a partial Godneither does He show favouritism (see Deuteronomy 10:17; 2 Chronicles 19:7; Job34:19; John 3:16; Acts 10:34; Romans 2:11; Ephesians 6:9; Colossians 3:25), theBible sternly speaks against favouritism and other similar acts. Here are someof the biblical injunctions:

“You shall do no injustice injudgment. You shall not be partial to the poor, nor honor the person of themighty. In righteousness you shall judge your neighbor” (Leviticus 19:15 NKJV.Also see Deuteronomy 16:19)..

“To show partiality is notgood...” (Proverbs 28:21 NKJV).

“I charge you before God andthe Lord Jesus Christ and the elect angels that you observe these thingswithout prejudice, doing nothing with partiality” (1 Timothy 5:21 NKJV).

“My brethren, do not hold thefaith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with partiality.... If youreally fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, ‘You shall love yourneighbor as yourself,’ you do well; but if you show partiality, you commit sin,and are convicted by the law as transgressors” (James 2:1, 8-9 NKJV).

“These things also belong tothe wise: It is not good to show partiality in judgment” (Proverbs 24:23 NKJV).

While it is good to be kindand merciful to other people, beware that your kindness and mercifulness doesnot turn to favouritism at the detriment of others.

In His service,

Prayer Point: Pray that theLord will help you not to turn your mercifulness to favouritism at thedetriment of others.

"I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. FOR TO ME, TO LIVE IS CHRIST AND TO DIE IS GAIN" (Philippians 1:20-21 NIV).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 2:44 pm

Dearly Beloved,

O JESUS, I HAVE PROMISED

“You are my portion, O Lord; I have promised to obey your words” (Psalm 119:57 NIV).

“As they were walking along the road, a man said to him, ‘I will follow you wherever you go’” (Luke 9:57 NIV).

“Mo ti seleri, Jesu” the Yoruba version of the hymn, “O Jesus, I Have Promised” was one of the hymns I loved when I was growing up as a teenager. I could sing off-hand almost all the lyrics of the hymn in Yoruba. It is a hymn of commitment composed by John Ernest Bode (1816-1874), an Anglican clergyman serving a small parish near Cambridge, England when his three children, a daughter and two sons, were ready for confirmation.  As the priest of the church, he would preside over the ceremony. So, he composed the hymn to remind the children of their commitment to Jesus Christ, the spiritual warfare that is associated with Christian life, and the fact that if Jesus Christ is with them, they will overcome and in the end be with Him in Heaven.

In this hymn, John Bode declared that he had promised to serve Jesus to the end and asked Jesus who he knew as “my Master and my friend” to be near him forever. He confessed that he would not fear the battle if Jesus is by his side, nor wander from the pathway if He would be his guide. Because of many temptations that the world often offers the Christian and the fact that foes are ever near both within and without, John Bode prayed that he feels Jesus near him and shield his soul from sin. He continued to pray that he hear Jesus speaking in accents clear and still above the storms of passion and the murmurs of self-will. Because Jesus is the guardian of his soul, he wanted Him to speak to reassure him and make him listen to Him. John Bode reminded Jesus that He has promised all who follow Him that where He is in glory there shall they also be. Therefore, he reaffirmed his promise to Jesus to serve Him to the end. John Bode also prayed that he see the footprints of Jesus, and desired to plant his own footprints in them.. He affirmed that his hope is to duly follow alone in the strength of Jesus. He wanted Jesus, his Savior and Friend, to guide him, call him, draw him, uphold him to the end, and receive him in Heaven. What a great commitment!

What is your commitment to Jesus Christ? Have you promised to follow and serve Him till the end? Are you ready to listen to Him and let Him be your Guide? You will never regret you did!

In His service,

+2348055159591
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/spiritualdigest2003/ https://www.facebook.com/afolabayo   
Prayer Point: Pray that you will be committed to faithfully following and serving Jesus for the rest of your life.  
I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. FOR TO ME, TO LIVE IS CHRIST AND TO DIE IS GAIN" (Philippians 1:20-21 NIV).

SPIRITUALDIGEST+SUBSCRIBE@GROUPS.IO
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 13 Oct 2019, 7:37 pm

Dearly Beloved,
“GOD TALKS NONSENSE!”
"We speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory, which none of the rulers of this age knew.... the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned" (1 Corinthians 2:7-8a, 14 NKJV).
Times without number, I have met people online who declared that there is no God. If I tried to point to the Holy Bible, they would say that the Book is one of the fabricated stories of some Jews. If I went further to assert that the Holy Bible is the Word of God, they would conclude that God, if He exists, is talking nonsense!
Let us agree that such people are atheists, agnostics, liberals, free thinkers or simply unbelievers or non-Christians. Apostle Paul referred to them as "natural men." However, many so-called Christians can also be referred to as natural men because they find it difficult to believe some teachings of the Bible, not to talk of practicing such teachings.
Apostle Paul admitted in 1 Corinthian 2 that the Word of God is a mystery, and only people that have the Spirit of God can understand it. No wonder, he had earlier said, "For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing" (1 Corinthians 1:18 NKJV). The Word of God is foolishness to the natural man because he is not of the Spirit of God, and does not reason with the Spirit of God.
God does exist, and He does NOT talk nonsense! He has made Himself known to all. Only a fool will have a contrary opinion on this. There may be difficult messages in the Word of God. Yet, they are understandable. Only those that yield themselves to the leadership of God will understand Him and His Word.
In His service,
Prayer Point: Lord, give me a humble spirit to seek You and a teachable heart to learn and understand Your words in Jesus' name. Amen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 06 Oct 2019, 9:24 pm

Dearly Beloved,

PASS ME NOT, O GENTLE SAVIOR

"Then they came to Jericho. As Jesus and his disciples, together with a large crowd, were leaving the city, a blind man, Bartimaeus (that is, the Son of Timaeus), was sitting by the roadside begging. When he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to shout, 'Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!' Many rebuked him and told him to be quiet, but he shouted all the more, 'Son of David, have mercy on me!'" (Mark 10:46-48 NIV).

Undoubtedly, the hymn, "Pass Me Not, O Gentle Savior," is one of the most popular hymns of all time. Interestingly, it was composed (like many other popular hymns) by Fanny Jane Crosby (1820-1915), a woman that became blind at six weeks of age. There are two stories associated with this hymn. One, it was reported that Ms. Crosby had a dream one night. She dreamed that the Lord Jesus was walking among the people in her church and touching each of those who would go to Heaven with Him. As He got closer she started to fervently pray that He would not pass her by. When she awoke she penned the words to this lovely song and was able to describe in detail the people in her church even though she had never seen them. Two, it was believed that the inspiration for this hymn was the result of a visit to a prison by Ms. Crosby during spring 1868. After she had spoken and some of her hymns had been sung, she heard one of the prisoners cry out in a pleading voice, "Good Lord, do not pass me by." That evening, she wrote a hymn that incorporated the line, “Pass me not, O gentle Savior.”

Whichever of the incidents that made Ms. Croby composed the hymn, the lyrics are so inspiring. The hymn is a humble cry of Fanny Crosby and any other person that does not want the gentle Savior to pass him/her by while He is calling other people. Kneeling at the Savior's throne of mercy in deep contrition, Crosby sought to find a sweet relief for her unbelief. She trusted in the Savior's merit and grace for healing of her wounded and broken spirit. She confessed that the Savior is the Spring of all her comfort, who is more than life to her because He is the only One she had on earth and in heaven.

What is your own situation presently? Will you not also cry unto this Savior of the world not to pass you by? Call unto Him like that blind Bartimaeus in Mark 10:46. He will surely listen to you if you can call Him in faith (see Psalm 50:15; 91:15; Jeremiah 33:3; Zechariah 13:9; James 5:13).

In His service,

Prayer Point: Pray for the courage to always cry out to God when you need Him most.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 29 Sep 2019, 7:16 pm

Dearly Beloved,

WARN YOUR EYES!

"I made a covenant with my eyes not to look with lust upon a [lady]" (Job 31:1 TLB).

The world is full of detestable things - things that can drive people away from their Creator. Unfortunately, people are the instruments that the devil is using to propagate these detestable things. Most of these things are what are appealing to the eyes. This was the strategy that the devil used to deceive the first woman, Eve. The Bible says, "When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye..." (Genesis 3:6 NIV). Many things, even good things like that forbidden fruit, are pleasing to the eyes, and they have lured people to their destruction. One of such things is the female physical body. Ordinarily, every woman is created to be attractive, but the devil has made many women to use this to mislead men, especially men that are not careful. Most women have turned their physical bodies to tools in the hands of the devil to ruin men. Some of them are doing this deliberately while others are doing it unconsciously. This has made many men to look lustfully at women even at times involuntarily. As if Job had known the teachings of Jesus Christ in Matthew 5:28 "that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart" (NIV), Job made a covenant with his eyes not to look at women with lust (see Job 31:1, 9). In order words, he had warned his eyes on what to look at.

That resolution will be a good one for any man. A man should warn his eyes not to look lustfully at women no matter how tempting they may be. This warning has to be extended to what type of book to read and (especially in this era of the Internet) what to look at on the Internet. Women also should resolve not to make themselves a ready tool in the hands of the devil to lure men into lust. 

Either man or woman, we have to decide like Job to live against lust and anything that has to do with it because: it is a sin (Matthew 5:27-30); it is dangerous (Proverbs 6:25-29); it is contrary to the Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:16-18); it hinders prayer (James 4:2-5); and it will pass away (1 John 2:15-17). We can only live in dominion over lust and anything that can cause it through the power of the Holy Spirit by: self-determination (Job 31:1); self-crucifixion (Galatians 5:24; Romans 6:12-13); and the grace of God (Titus 2:12).

Do not let what or who you behold lure you away from your God. Warn your eyes and your behaviours!

In His service,

Prayer Point: Pray that you will be able to always caution yourself on things and people you are beholding so that they will not lure away from God.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 22 Sep 2019, 11:39 pm

Dearly Beloved,

FULFILLING ALL RIGHTEOUSNESS

"Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfil all righteousness" (Matthew 3:15 NIV).

Like John the Baptist, one would wonder why Jesus Christ would present Himself for a baptism of repentance. However, Jesus' response to John the Baptist was that it was appropriate for Him to take part in John's baptism at that time in order to fulfil all righteousness. Since there was no requirements about baptism in Mosaic Law, Jesus could not have had in view anything pertaining to Levitical righteousness. Nevertheless, John the Baptist's message was a message of repentance, and those experiencing it were looking forward to a coming Messiah who would be righteous and who would bring in righteousness. If Jesus Christ as the Messiah were to provide righteousness for sinners, He must be identified with sinners. It was therefore in the will of God for Him to be baptized by John in order to be identified with sinners. This identification received the approval of God as God sent down His Spirit on Jesus and declared that Jesus is His beloved Son.

Jesus Christ did not only identify with the people by His baptism, He actually came to serve them and give His life as ransom for them (see Matthew 20:28;  Philippians 2:4-8). Because of this, He was exalted to the highest place and given a name above all names "...that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father" (Philippians 2:10-11 NIV).

Most of people in high places and positions of leadership find it difficult to be identified with people they are leading and are in low places. They think that they are "too big" to be identified with the downtrodden. They are not ready to sacrifice their pleasure to satisfy the people that are under them. They have forgotten that in God's reckoning, "The greatest among you will be your servant" (Matthew 23:11 NIV). No wonder, Paul admonished in Romans 12:16, "Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position" (NIV).

In what way do you identify yourself with the people you are leading or serving? Do not be "too big" to really serve others around you. To fulfil all righteousness, find ways you can identify with people around you. The Lord will indeed reward you for this.

In His service,

Prayer Point: Pray that you will not be too proud to identify with people around you.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 15 Sep 2019, 1:37 pm

Dearly Beloved,

GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS

"Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness" (Lamentations 3:22-23 NKJV).

Almost all the Christian hymns have touching and striking stories that made their composers to compose them. Interestingly, the popular hymn - "GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS" - did not have any such story. The writer of the hymn, Thomas O. Chisholm, confessed that there were no special circumstances that prompted him to write this great hymn. He got his inspiration just from his experience and Bible truth. He said in a letter written in 1941 that in spite of the fact that his small income as a result of impaired health in his earlier years, he was aware of the unfailing faithfulness of a covenant-keeping God and that God had given him many wonderful displays of His providing care.

In the hymn, like Jeremiah in his lamentations, Chisholm declared that because the compassion of God never fails, great is the faithfulness of God. God renews this faithfulness during summer, winter, springtime and harvest, in fact, every morning. This faithfulness is manifested in the courses of sun, moon, and stars above. The whole nature joins in witnessing this faithfulness. The faithfulness includes pardon for sin and an enduring peace, God's cheering and guiding presence, strength for today, bright hope for tomorrow, and countless blessings. Indeed great is the faithfulness of God!

You are also experiencing this faithfulness of God every day. Do you realize this? If yes, do you appreciate God for it? If you do not realize it, it means you are not focusing on God and you have placed your trust either in yourself or any other thing apart from God. Focus on God and you will have many reasons to declare His faithfulness over your life.

Great is thy faithfulness, O God!
In His service,
Prayer Point: Pray that you will always experience the faithfulness of God every day.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 08 Sep 2019, 10:25 pm

Dearly Beloved,

BENEFITS OF BEING RIGHTEOUS

"Surely he will never be shaken; a righteous man will be remembered forever. He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord" (Psalm 112:6-7 NIV).

More and more people are becoming religious especially in this part of the world. However, it is becoming more difficult to find righteous people who really fear God in his day-to-day activities. In spite of this fact,  the writer of Psalm 112 enumerated some of the benefits that a righteous man would enjoy.

Who is a righteous man? Firstly, a righteous man is a person that is uncompromising. He is principled and is known for what he stands for. He is indeed purpose-driven. Secondly, a righteous man is a person that is upright and just in his dealings. While he may not necessarily be blameless, he must be trustworthy and of good reputation. Thirdly, a righteous man is a person that is in right standing with God. He must be somebody into whom God has imputed His righteousness in Jesus Christ and he is living in a way that is pleasing to God.

Building on the end of the previous psalm, the writer of Psalm 112, in verse one, said that one who fears the LORD and delights in His Law is blessed. Five blessings or benefits that come to one who is righteous and fears God are enumerated: Firstly, the righteous is blessed with physical and material prosperity because God is righteous (verses 2-3). Secondly, light is given even in darkness for the righteous (verse 4). This could refer to success (in place of failure) or to discernment. Thirdly, the  righteous receives goodness in return for being generous and just (verses 5 and 9). Fourthly, he will be firmly established in his faith, and unshakable with no fear of what man might do to him (verses 6-8). In fact, the righteous' memory will be eternal and blessed (cf. Proverbs 10:7). Fifthly, because the righteous gives generously and is just in his affairs (verses 5 and 9), he will be made strong and honourable by the LORD.

Undoubtedly, everyone would want to enjoy all of these benefits. However, how many people are ready to be righteous and genuinely fear God? How many people are uncompromising, upright and are in right standing with God? It may seem as if it does not pay to be righteous in this present-day society, but it really pays to be righteous and genuinely fear God.

In His service,

Prayer Point: Pray for the enablement to be righteous in this world full of unrighteousness.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 01 Sep 2019, 7:26 pm

Dearly Beloved,

A TEMPLE INDEED!

“Or do you not know that yourbody is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God,and you are not your own?” (1 Corinthians 6:19 NKJV).

As I was waiting for mybreakfast to be served one morning, I saw a news flash on my phone that reads,"If my body is a temple of God, who am I to stop people from entering thehouse of the Lord?” I clicked on the link and discovered that the statement wasmade by a so-called pretty lady in one of her tweets on Twitter. She based herargument on the above verse! Interestingly, thousands of people have retweetedand liked the tweet. I would not know if these people agree or not with thelady. However, the lady and all her followers miss it! They are one of thosepeople that interpret and apply the words of God to suite their selfishinterests. 

This verse is applicable onlyto those who have accepted Jesus Christ their personal Saviour and Lord. Yourbody being the temple of the Holy Spirit means the Holy Spirit is living in you.Apostle Paul had earlier categorically said, “Do you not know that you are thetemple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?” (1 Corinthians 3:16NKJV). Ordinarily, a temple is a building used for the worship of a god orgods. It is a sacred standout place that is restricted to certain people whousually have consecrated themselves before entering it for worship of the god.It is not a place that anybody can enter. In fact, it is the abode of the gods.

Referring to 1 Corinthians6:19, apostle Paul was referring to each Corintian Christian and by extensionevery other Christian as the dwelling place of God on earth. The body of aperson does not belong to the person that carries it. The person is just thecarrier. Every Christian is expected to consecrate him/herself as a dedicatedvessel of his/her Creator. Apostle Paul put it in another words in Romans 12:1:“I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you presentyour bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is yourreasonable service” (NKJV). He/She should not see him/herself as ordinaryperson, and should not allow anybody to misuse him/her. He/She is peculiar.Apostle Peter used four words – chosen, royal, holy, and special – to describesuch a person (see 1 Peter 2:9). 

So, your body being the templeof God should be cherished and handled with care. You should not use it as youwant or allow anyone to use it as they want. You will give account on how youuse your body or allow other people to use it (see 1 Corinthians 3:17). You area temple indeed! 

In His service,

Prayer Point: Pray that youwill be mindful of how you use your body as the temple of God.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 25 Aug 2019, 9:08 pm

Dearly Beloved,

REVIVAL AGAIN?

“Will you not revive us again, that your people may rejoice in you?” (Psalm 85:6 NIV).

Psalm 85 is one of the popular psalms especially its sixth verse that talks about revival. The title of the Psalm, “For the director of music. Of the Sons of Korah. A psalm,” does not give the name of the author or its background. It was evidently composed in view of the fact that God had, on some former occasion, stepped in when His people were in trouble, but that now for similar causes He was again angry with them, and they were suffering similar calamities (see Judges 2:18, 19 and Psalm 78:8). The psalm contains a fervent prayer that God would again appear for them, and it implies a confident expectation that He would do this, so that the calamities which had come upon them would be removed.

Verses 1-3 of the psalm deal with God’s goodness in the past. It begins with praise to God for restoring the nation. This res­toration showed the fact that God had forgiven and covered all their sins, and had set aside His wrath and anger. One can liken this situation to the era of the Judges in the history of Israel. Verses 4-7 are about people’s prayer for revival. The verses partly described the state of the people. It is clear that the nation was suffering from some calamity; that the anger of God seemed to be upon them; that it appeared as if His wrath would never be turned away; and that unless He should interpose the nation must perish. This may likely be related with the destruction of Jerusalem and the captivity of the Jews in 2 Kings 25, Jeremiah 39. The psalmist prayed that the Lord would again turn His wrath away and deliver them. He wanted the Lord to put away His displeasure, and not con­tinue to be angry. Apparently the past restoration referred to in verses 1-3 in­spired this prayer for another restoration. By been revived, they would again be able to re­joice and experience His unfailing love. Perhaps no other prayer is more welcome in the ears of God than the one for revival, as expressed here in verse 6.

Verses 8 and 9 are the promise from God. The psalmist said he would listen for word from the LORD who promises peace to His saints. He gives salvation so that His glory may be evi­dent in the land. "Glory" here means the manifestation of God’s presence (cf. Isaiah 60:1-2; Zechariah 2:5). These ideas expressed in God's reve­lation to Israel find their ultimate fulfilment in Christ. This promise of peace and salvation through the glory of the One who dwells among men may have been in John's mind when he wrote John 1:14. Verses 10-13 are about the faith of the psalmist. He was confident that the LORD would cause His attributes (love, faithfulness, and righteous­ness) to work together to provide peace, righteousness, and prosperity.

It should be noted that only a child of God can be revived. Sinners cannot be revived; they need to be resurrected. A dead person cannot be revived; only a live person can be or should be revived. God is ready to revive us if we sincerely pray for revival. However, we must not, because of this, continue to sin. God will forgive and revive, but the scars of the sins will still be there! (see Romans 6:1).

Revival again?

In His service,

Prayer Point: Pray for revival from God in every area in your life that you think needs revival.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum