World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 115 on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 3:20 pm
Latest topics
» JIHAD WATCH
Hi Elaine/Admin (aka Dunggate) here EmptyYesterday at 10:01 pm by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
Hi Elaine/Admin (aka Dunggate) here EmptyYesterday at 8:26 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Hi Elaine/Admin (aka Dunggate) here EmptyYesterday at 8:24 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
Hi Elaine/Admin (aka Dunggate) here EmptyYesterday at 8:19 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Hi Elaine/Admin (aka Dunggate) here EmptyYesterday at 8:16 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL VIDEO'S VARIOUS COVERAGES
Hi Elaine/Admin (aka Dunggate) here EmptyYesterday at 8:07 pm by Admin

» ENDTIME HEADLINES
Hi Elaine/Admin (aka Dunggate) here EmptyYesterday at 7:47 pm by Admin

» servant @ TWO LISTENERS
Hi Elaine/Admin (aka Dunggate) here EmptyYesterday at 7:40 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Hi Elaine/Admin (aka Dunggate) here EmptyYesterday at 1:49 pm by Admin

» Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).
Hi Elaine/Admin (aka Dunggate) here EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:52 pm by Admin

»  So You Think You Can Lose It?
Hi Elaine/Admin (aka Dunggate) here EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:27 pm by Admin

» AISH
Hi Elaine/Admin (aka Dunggate) here EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:20 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
Hi Elaine/Admin (aka Dunggate) here EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:15 pm by Admin

» Joe Biden Smoking Gun
Hi Elaine/Admin (aka Dunggate) here EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:09 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Hi Elaine/Admin (aka Dunggate) here EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 5:44 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Hi Elaine/Admin (aka Dunggate) here EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:31 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Hi Elaine/Admin (aka Dunggate) here EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:20 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Hi Elaine/Admin (aka Dunggate) here EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:18 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor
Hi Elaine/Admin (aka Dunggate) here EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:15 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Hi Elaine/Admin (aka Dunggate) here EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 3:48 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Hi Elaine/Admin (aka Dunggate) here

Go down

Hi Elaine/Admin (aka Dunggate) here Empty Re: Hi Elaine/Admin (aka Dunggate) here

Post  Admin on Thu 20 Feb 2020, 7:01 pm

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2020-02-20/fresh-flooding-hits-pentre-as-wales-faces-more-heavy-rain/
20 February 2020 at 11:36am
Fresh flooding hits Pentre as Wales is lashed by more heavy rain
The village of Pentre has been flooded again just days after being hit by Storm Dennis
Further flooding has hit Pentre in the Rhondda Valley following continued heavy rain across Wales.
Rhondda MP Chris Bryant shared a video from Pleasant Street showing floodwaters creeping up towards people's front doors.
"Further flooding in Pentre. It’s enough to break people’s hearts", Mr Bryant said in a Tweet.
Chris Bryant
✔
@RhonddaBryant
Pleasant Street in Pentre

Embedded video
11:16 AM - Feb 20, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
18 people are talking about this
Rhondda AM Leanne Wood has also shared photographs of the scene, adding: "The poor people in Pleasant Street in Pentre are getting it again. Awful".
Sorry, this content isn't available on your device.
Leanne Wood 🏴
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Hi Elaine/Admin (aka Dunggate) here Empty Re: Hi Elaine/Admin (aka Dunggate) here

Post  Admin on Wed 19 Feb 2020, 12:01 pm

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2020-02-17/rhondda-residents-call-for-immediate-inspections-after-mountains-hit-by-landslides/

Landslide inspections underway as residents speak of fears of 'another Aberfan'
Landslide
A number of landslides happened at the weekend following severe weather
Residents living close to mountains in the Valleys that were hit by landslides during Storm Dennis have spoken of their fear at what happened.

Immediate inspections of the old coal tips on the mountains in the Rhondda are underway as people living close to them told ITV News they are concerned a more serious incident could happen.

One landslide which was captured on camera in Tylorstown shows coal dramatically tumbling down the mountain.

Several others are believed to have occurred at the weekend including on the mountain road from Blaenllechau to Llanwonno.

Play Video
Gerald Durham witnessed the landslide happening in Tylorstown on Sunday and told ITV News it reminded him "immediately" of the Aberfan disaster.

Gerald Durham landslide eye witness
Gerald Durham witnessed the landslide on Sunday
In 1966, 144 people, including 116 children, were killed when a colliery spoil tip slide down the mountainside into a local school.
Hi Elaine/Admin (aka Dunggate) here ABERVAN_img

Aberfan
The avalanche of coal waste wiped out Pantglas Junior School and the surrounding houses in 1966
Gerald's father Cliff is a former coal miner and said the scenes also reminded him of Aberfan.

Residents evacuated following 'large' landslip in the Conwy Valley
Cliff Durham
Former coal worker Cliff said he thought of Aberfan 'straight away' when he saw the landslide caused by Storm Dennis
"I worked in a local colliery in Maerdy and as soon as I saw this, I thought of Aberfan straight away. "Believe me - you don't want to see that again.

"There's tonnes and tonnes of coal still around. The authorities should drill it so the water could go down but they can't leave it like that.

"They've got to take it away because it could come again."

Rob and Bill
Bill Powell, 83, said all of the mountains nearby need to be inspected
Bill Powell, 83, said all of the waste tips in the area need to be inspected.

"I think all these tips should be checked to see if there's any water beneath them.

"How safe are they? That's what I'm thinking. If that one in Wattstown comes down, it would be one hell of a catastrophe.

Watch the full report by Rob Osborne:

Replay
Mute
Current Time 
3:20
/
Duration 
3:20

Picture-in-Picture
Fullscreen
The Coal Authority told ITV News they are not responsible for any of the sites that collapsed at the weekend.

Sorry, this content isn't available on your device.

Rob Osborne
@robosborneitv
 · Feb 17, 2020
Replying to @robosborneitv
A closer picture.

View image on Twitter

Rob Osborne
@robosborneitv
These are the Welsh sites inspected by the Coal Authority

View image on Twitter
1:25 PM - Feb 17, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
See Rob Osborne's other Tweets
Leader of Rhondda Cynon Taf Council Cllr Andrew Morgan said discussions were underway with Natural Resources Wales to determine who owns the land.

Andrew morgan
The leader of Rhondda Cynon Taf Council told ITV News engineers are inspecting the sites where landslips have happened
"Engineers are on site right now. We will be carrying out inspections not just now but also going forward what is needed - establishing exactly who is responsible for this area is going to be key but if there is longer work needed, to ensure safety of the public and those properties, then I would expect it to be funded and we are in discussions with the Welsh Government about that."

Hundreds of people in the Rhondda area have also been forced out of their homes due to severe flooding. Cllr Morgan told ITV News an emergency fund will be set up to help those who need it.

"Later today I will be making the public aware we are setting up a recovery board - that will be in place tomorrow", he added.

"We will be making £1million of emergency funding available. Cost is not an issue at present - safety is paramount."

Last updated Wed 19 Feb 2020
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Hi Elaine/Admin (aka Dunggate) here Empty Storms Wales

Post  Admin on Sun 16 Feb 2020, 2:36 pm

We have bad weather here in Wales, storm Ciara passed and now Storm Dennis.
Here is close to my home but I am safe. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-51517529

Storm Dennis: Wales flood warnings prompt evacuations
5 minutes ago
Share this with Facebook Share this with Messenger Share this with Twitter Share this with Email Share