World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 34 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 34 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» WHY DID GOD CREATE EVIL
WORTHY NEWS - Page 26 EmptyToday at 4:36 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 26 EmptyToday at 2:37 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 26 EmptyYesterday at 11:38 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
WORTHY NEWS - Page 26 EmptyYesterday at 11:18 pm by Admin

» AISH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 26 EmptyYesterday at 10:24 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 26 EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» israelAM
WORTHY NEWS - Page 26 EmptyYesterday at 10:09 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 26 EmptyYesterday at 9:54 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 26 EmptyYesterday at 9:51 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 26 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:49 pm by Admin

» Pressure from UN Threats
WORTHY NEWS - Page 26 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:45 pm by Admin

» Ship that obliterated Baltimore bridge
WORTHY NEWS - Page 26 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:44 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 26 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:08 pm by Admin

» Be Fervent in Spirit
WORTHY NEWS - Page 26 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 10:54 pm by Admin

» Remain in God - iBelieve Truth
WORTHY NEWS - Page 26 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 1:25 am by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
WORTHY NEWS - Page 26 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 12:43 am by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
WORTHY NEWS - Page 26 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 11:40 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 26 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 11:00 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
WORTHY NEWS - Page 26 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 8:54 pm by Admin

» Is Gaza Really Starving
WORTHY NEWS - Page 26 EmptySun 24 Mar 2024, 11:40 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

WORTHY NEWS

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

WORTHY NEWS - Page 26 Empty Re: WORTHY NEWS

Post  Admin Thu 26 Feb 2015, 9:53 am

Elaine, it's time to light the fire!

1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

There is a tale told of that great English actor Macready. An eminent preacher once said to him: "I wish you would explain to me something."

"Well, what is it? I don't know that I can explain anything to a preacher."

"What is the reason for the difference between you and me? You are appearing before crowds night after night with fiction, and the crowds follow you wherever you go. I am preaching the essential and unchangeable truth, and I am not getting any crowd at all!"

Macready's answer was this: "This is quite simple. I can tell you the difference between us. I present my fiction as though it were truth; you present your truth as though it were fiction."

It is easy to know when something is aflame. It ignites other material. Can you imagine how quickly the truth of Yeshua (Jesus) could spread, if we were only passionate about living it and sharing it?! We who know God need to be onfire, igniting the world around us!

Elaine, let's give our inhibitions and fears to the Lord and ask Him to light thefire in our hearts for the lost! 

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
(Currently in Denver, CO. We will be speaking Colorado this week.)

Editor's Note: If you'd like to get a copy of our family newsletter, please send george [@] worthyemail.com an email. 

Editor's Note: You can view our U.S. speaking calendar and connect with us while we're in the States.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 24 Feb 2015, 9:47 pm

Elaine, show me a sign!

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

A king was seated in a garden, and one of his counselors was speaking of the wonderful works of God. "Show me a sign," said the king, "and I will believe." "Here are four acorns," said the counselor, "will you, Majesty, plant them in the ground, and then stoop down for a moment and look into this clear pool of water?" The king did so, "Now," said the other, "look up." The king looked up and saw four oak-trees where he had planted the acorns. "Wonderful!" he exclaimed, "This is indeed the work of God." 

"How long were you looking into the water?" asked the counselor.

"Only a second," said the king. 

"Eighty years have passed as a second," said the other. 

The king looked at his garments; they were threadbare. He looked at his reflection in the water; he had become an old man. "There is no miracle here, then," he said angrily. "Yes," said the other, "it is God's work, whether he did it in one second or in eighty years.

Some of us are in need of answers today. We've been crying out for the Lord and feel like He's not listening. But He is! And He has a plan far greater than any of us could ask or think!

Elaine, be encouraged! Let's choose to trust that God has great plans for us in the making, regardless of whether we can see them right now. His timing is PERFECT!

Editor's Note: If you'd like to get a copy of our family newsletter, please send george [@] worthyemail.com an email. 

Editor's Note: You can view our U.S. speaking calendar and connect with us while we're in the States.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 23 Feb 2015, 8:58 pm

Elaine, trust!

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

I just came across this story through a friend and thought it significantly appropriate for us today. Maybe it is for you too?

An African king had a long time friend who always looked at everything positively, always saying "This is good!" even in the face of the most difficult situations. Hunting one day, he was preparing the king’s guns. When the king took his first shot, his thumb was blown off. Though the friend realized that it was his grave mistake for not properly setting the gun, and even in the face of this furious, bleeding king, he looked at him and said, "This is good!" The king was LIVID, and ordered that his friend be thrown in jail immediately.

A year later the king was hunting in an area where he should have stayed clear and was suddenly captured by Cannibals. They tied him up and were preparing to cook him when they realized he had no thumb. They didn't eat anyone who was less than whole so they released him. Upon his way home, the king pondered the event that had taken his thumb in the first place. He went straight to the jail, told his friend what happened and apologized in tears for sending him to jail like he did. His enthusiastic friend looked at the King and replied "This is good!"

The king, taken aback once again said "What do you mean 'this is good!' I sent you mercilessly to jail and you’ve been suffering for here for an entire year – how is that good?" His friend responded unwaveringly, "Well, if I had not been in jail, I would have been with you"! 

Elaine, we hope this has encouraged you to trust in your difficult situation. Let’s leave it in the Lord's hands today, and all say it together in faith…. “This is good”!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 21 Feb 2015, 6:37 pm

Elaine, beware of the silent killer!

Exodus 15:23-26 And when they came to Marah, they could not drink of the waters of Marah, for they were bitter: therefore the name of it was called Marah. And the people murmured against Moses, saying, What shall we drink? And he cried unto the LORD; and the LORD shewed him a tree, which when he had cast into the waters, the waters were made sweet: there he made for them a statute and an ordinance, and there he proved them, And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.

Murmuring or complaining is one of those sins that are overlooked. Sometimes we get so focused on the "big sins" such as murder and adultery that we overlook this sin -- but the Lord doesn't give this sin a free pass -- quite the opposite. It's a hidden killer! This sin unleashed a plague that killed thousands of Israelites! [Numbers 16]

In this passage, we read how the Israelites, who were desperately thirsty, looked only at the fact that the water they had come to was bitter and undrinkable. How quickly they forgot their God who had led them out of Egypt with signs and wonders. They had just witnessed His dividing of the Red Sea and destruction of those who had enslaved them. And yet, so quickly they returned to looking only with their natural eyes at the problem in front of them, completely forgetting the miracle working power of their God! And so they murmured against Moses. But honestly, weren't they really murmuring against God? Once again, Moses interceded for them, revealing the faithfulness of His God to answer every impossible dilemma and provide for every need; and again, setting them the example: they simply needed to go the Lord!

So often, just like the Israelites, we focus on our desperate situation with our physical eyes, and not with eyes of faith, and then fall into the trap of complaining. And if you're like me, once I start, it can be really hard to stop...until the Lord stops me, right in my tracks, and He reminds me –- aren't you really complaining against me? I have to remember to see that I actually hinder the Lord's answers to my problems by unbelief...which leads to the sin of murmuring! 

Elaine, let's not allow this sin to gain a foothold -- because it can easily become a stronghold! The same wonder working God that led the children of Israel out of Egypt, is still at work today -- but are we hindering Him? If we are grumbling and complaining, the answer is, "YES"! And in so doing, until we stop, we are missing out on His answers and blessings which are waiting in the wings to meet our faith in Him!

(Currently in Casper, WY. We will be speaking Wyoming this weekend.)

Elaine, please consider supporting our ministry in Israel! Find out how you can help!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 19 Feb 2015, 1:49 pm

Elaine, why be afraid?

Psalms 107:29 He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still.

Richard Wurmbrand, a Romanian Jewish Believer and an amazing man of God, spent 14 years in communist prisons where he was tortured brutally for his faith, then lived to tell about it. In his book, The Oracles of God, he writes about acquiring inner peace and tells the following powerful story.

During a tempest at sea when a ship was being tossed to and fro by the angry waves, the wife of a naval officer asked her husband, "How can you be so calm in such a storm?"

The officer drew his sword, pointed it at his wife's breast, and asked, "Why are you calm and unafraid?" Surprised, she protested, "Why should I be afraid? The sword is in the hand of my husband who loves me too much to harm me."

Her husband smiled and said, "This is the source of my calm, too. The wind and the waves are in the hands of my loving Father. Why should I be afraid?" 

Elaine, are you in a tempest with waves roaring around you? Or is there a sword pointed directly at your breast? Why should you be afraid. Your Father is right there with you. He loves you and is so happy when you simply trust Him and refuse to be overwhelmed with fear; no matter what's happening now, or may happen soon. You may not understand, but you can stand on His character and the eternal relationship He has with you.

(Currently in Filer, Idaho. We will be speaking in Casper, Wyoming this weekend.)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 17 Feb 2015, 11:56 pm

Elaine, learn a lesson from the balloon!

Acts 4:31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.

Bloomberg reported that according to a study, Americans can add as many as two years to the nation's life expectancy if they stand up more often and watch fewer hours of television. What a concept -- move around and you'll live longer! 

Watching the report reminded me of an incident which happened during a party that we threw for our daughter Elianna when she was young. At the time, her brother Obadiah who was just one-year-old, was playing with a left over balloon which suddenly popped in his face. Obi was startled, and about to burst into tears. Thinking fast, I grabbed an uninflated balloon from the table, blew it up real big and then let it go. Boy did he love that! He laughed hysterically as he watched this balloon zipping around the room until it ran out of air and plopped down on the floor. Obi was fine, and as we played this new balloon game, a funny analogy floated into my mind.

I was thinking... we need to be like these balloons, filled to the max with God's breath, and then..... let go, to experience the ride of our lives! And...equally important, we need to recognize when we're running out of air -- when we're deflated and depleted of His power and anointing. Then we need to run back to Him for more, because receiving the infilling of the Spirit is not a single event, but a lifetime of repeated refillings, so that we aren't living or serving in our own strength.

Elaine, the Lord hasn't entrusted us with His power to sit around and watch TV -- but to activate us for the work of the Gospel, and the blessing of the saints; to do great things for Him in the power of His Spirit wherever He may take us. Let's be filled again today! Ask, seek, knock, read, worship, meditate on His promises, get FILLED -- you don't want to sit idly watching life pass you by.... do you?

(Currently in Boise, Idaho. We will be speaking in Idaho and Wyoming this week.)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 16 Feb 2015, 11:43 am

Elaine, find courage in the face of opposition!

Acts 14:22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

Recently, I've been impressed by the Lord to address the anxieties many are feeling about the future-- how to be strong in the face of the intense opposition we’ll be facing as believers. One of the founders of the modern state of Israel, David Ben-Gurion once said, “Courage is a special kind of knowledge, the knowledge of how to fear what ought to be feared and how not to fear what ought not to be feared. From this knowledge comes an inner strength that inspires us to push on in the face of great difficulty. What can seem impossible is often possible with courage.”

While Ben Gurion's words carry a certain worldly wisdom to inspire courage, we also can have courage which comes from a special kind of knowledge...the knowledge that we have a God who loves and supports and protects us and carries us through, even the most trying times and circumstances. So let’s not become fearful in these days – but instead become bold as a lion, to accomplish the good works He prepared for us from the foundation of the world!

Elaine, let's walk with courage in these days in the knowledge that our God is with us, and with Him we will accomplish great things that seem impossible, because we know that He turns impossibilities into realities!

(Currently in Portland, Oregon. We will be speaking in Idaho and Wyoming this week.)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 13 Feb 2015, 1:04 pm

Elaine, where are your accusers?

John 8:3-5, 10-11 Then the scribes and Pharisees brought to Him a woman caught in adultery. And when they had set her in the midst, they said to Him, "Teacher, this woman was caught in adultery, in the very act. Now Moses, in the law, commanded us that such should be stoned. But what do You say?" 10 When Jesus had raised Himself up and saw no one but the woman, He said to her, "Woman, where are those accusers of yours? Has no one condemned you?" She said, "No one, Lord." And Jesus said to her, "Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more."

Yeshua (Jesus) knew the heart of every man and woman. As a totally pure and righteous human being, His experience of every other sin-filled person is really impossible for us to imagine. He knew that every repulsive thought, attitude and action of every person in the world would soon fall on Him, and that He would carry them...away. And so Yeshua did not come with a spirit of condemnation -- but with a spirit of grace and truth.

Caught in the very act of adultery, and brought into His presence, the woman's sin was immediately exposed and her conviction was absolute. The sin was condemned.... but not the sinner. Her accusers wanted to stone her, to sacrifice her life, and use the law of Moses to condemn Yeshua, out of their jealous hatred of Him. But the Lord, in His beautiful, understated way, quietly wrote in the sand, and then turned their hatred into deep conviction.

The whole world is convicted in Yeshua's presence. But only the ones who really appreciate His grace are filled with amazement and gratitude. Can you imagine how this woman must have felt? Her mind had been filled with voices of accusation, rejection, and condemnation. Yeshua didn't feed the frenzy, but calmly observed, "He that is without sin, let him cast the first stone." When no one did, the Lord freed the convicted sinner and restored her life, saying, "Go and sin no more." 

Elaine, voices of accusation, rejection and condemnation will rise against you in the presence of your sins -- but Yeshua will write in the sand and expose the hearts of your accusers. Confess your sin, and stand amazed and grateful, for His grace.

(Currently in Sacramento, CA. We will be speaking in California and Oregon this week.)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 12 Feb 2015, 12:43 pm

Elaine, don't be chicken!

Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

While walking through the forest one day, a farmer found a young eagle who had apparently fallen out of his nest. He took it home and put it in his barnyard with his chickens and there it stayed for years. It wasn'tlong before the little eagle learned to eat and behave like the chickens.

One day a naturalist passed by the farm and saw the eagle confined in the barnyard with the chickens. When he inquired about this strange sight, the farmer told the man his story. "Unfortunately," said the farmer, "the poor little guy just never learned to fly." "Still," the naturalist sighed, "he has the heart of an eagle and can surely be taught. Will you allow me to work with him?" The farmer agreed, but with much disbelief.

The naturalist picked up the eagle and lifted him toward the sky and said, "You belong to the sky and not to the earth. Stretch forth your wings and fly." The eagle, however, was confused. He did not know who he was, and seeing the chickens eating their food, he jumped down to bewith them again. The naturalist took the bird to the roof of the house and urged him again, saying, "You are an eagle. Stretch forth your wings and fly." But the eagle was afraid and jumped down once again to be with hischicken friends. Finally the naturalist took the eagle out of the barnyard to a high mountain. There he held the king of the birds high above him and encouraged him again, saying, "You are an eagle. You belong to the sky. Stretch forth your wings and fly!" The eagle looked around, back towards the barnyard and then up to the sky. Slowly, he stretched his wings, and with a triumphant cry, he soared away into the heavens.

Somewhere along the line, we like this poor young eagle, were put in a lowly barn with the chickens of the world around us. We learned to live and eat from the ground and grew up believing that there was not much more to do than sit and cluck all day.

But the reality is that we are eagles! We were created to fly and even soar! God has great purpose for our lives! If we would only realize who we are in Him!

Elaine, let's remember who we are today and stop acting like chickens! We are the head and not the tail! We are Kings and Priests! We have great things to do for the Kingdom!

(Currently in Sacramento, CA. We will be speaking in California and Oregon this week.)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 11 Feb 2015, 10:09 pm

Elaine, the Lord has us covered! 

2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

When Corrie Ten Boom (author of "The Hiding Place") was a little girl in Holland, her first realization of death came after a visit to the home of a neighbor who had died. It suddenly impressed her that some day her parents could also die. When Corrie went to her father about her concern, he comforted her with these words of wisdom. "Corrie, when you and I go to Amsterdam, when do I give you your ticket?" "Why, just before we get on the train," she replied. "Exactly," her father said, "and our wise Father in heaven knows when we're going to need things too. Don't run out ahead of Him, Corrie. When the time comes that some of us will have to die, you will look into your heart and find the strength you need--just in time."

Many of us don't think about it but we, as humans have such a problem with fear -- fear that God won't come through when we're in need. We want insurance -- insurance for our cars, insurance for our houses, for our health and for our lives. We want to be insured that we’ll be okay if something happens. It has become our way of life in the western world.

Now, we're not saying go and cancel all your insurance plans -- but at the same time, God wants us to trust in His provision in our time of need! As we serve the Lord in ministry, we have truly learned the meaning of "never early, never late". Every single day since we have been here our faith has been tested and time and time again, God has provided for us in ways we could never conceive -- physically, spiritually, emotionally, financially and in every other way -- never early, never late -- always just when we need it. 

Elaine, we need not fear anything that is before us. God will give us the strength to endure anything that comes our way. He has our ticket!

(Currently in Pahrump, Nevada. We will be speaking in California and Oregon this week.)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 10 Feb 2015, 10:41 pm

Elaine, being dependent is a good thing! 

Matthew 18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

It never ceases to amaze me how our little girl, Elianna is growing and developing. I remember when she first came into this world, she was so helpless and frail -- she couldn't even move her head without our help. Now, just having turned two, she's running around and tumbling, jumping, singing and dancing!

Once, back in those days when Elianna was much more dependent on us, she was crying about something or another. And on this particular day, nothing would comfort her until I picked her up into my arms. I remember thinking that day, how good it was to feel needed and loved by this little one -- and how wonderful it felt for that moment, that only I could make her happy.

And this got me thinking about something.

How easy is it for us to find our identities in the things we do in this world? We're good fathers, mothers, husbands, wives, good employees, etc. Now, it's not wrong to enjoy these positions. The problem comes, though, when we feel so accomplished in these things that they become who we are. And later, when we're wrapped all up in that identity, and we don't do such a great job at it, we feel like failures.

It's much harder to find our identity as a child of God, than it is our earthly occupations. I mean -- which would you rather be, a great mom, an employee who's just earned a raise, an appreciated pastor -- or a little helpless child who must be totally dependent upon His Father for every need? But it's SO important to first find our identity as children of the living God, and then in these secondary things! 

Elaine, let's ask the Lord to help us get into a new mindset today. It will help us stay humble and care free, knowing that we are but children of a Father who will take care of it all and striving to stay dependent upon Him!

(Currently in Pahrump, Nevada. We will be speaking in California and Oregon this week.)

Editor's Note: You can view our U.S. speaking calendar and connect with us while we're in the States
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 09 Feb 2015, 6:39 pm

Elaine, keep pressing forward! 

Isaiah 33:2 O LORD, be gracious unto us; we have waited for thee: be thou their arm every morning, our salvation also in the time of trouble.

During the building of the Golden Gate Bridge over San Francisco Bay, construction fell badly behind schedule because several workers had accidentally fallen from the scaffolding to their deaths. Engineers and administrators could find no solution to the costly delays. Finally, someone suggested a gigantic net be hung under the bridge to catch any who fell. Finally in spite of the enormous cost, the engineers opted for the net. After it was installed, progress was hardly interrupted. A worker or two fell into the net but were saved. Ultimately, all the time lost to fear was regained by replacing fear with faith in the net.

Do you have a fear of falling or failing? The Lord is always right there to be our net -- to catch us when we fall. He is our salvation in time of trouble and provides the perfect safety net in Messiah! 

Elaine, the Lord has not given us a "spirit of fear, but of power, of love and a sound mind!" Rest in the finish work that He provided 2000 years ago, and leave your fears behind -- and in doing so, we will do great things for the Kingdom!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 06 Feb 2015, 9:43 am

Elaine, choose Godspeed! 

Proverbs 16:17 The highway of the upright is to depart from evil; He who keeps his way preserves his soul.

Mark 1:15 and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel."

Proverbs says the "highway of the upright is to depart from evil". It's a highway -- a way of life so to speak. And this proverb coincides with the central teaching of Yeshua (Jesus) -- "Repent, for the Kingdom of God is at hand." What does it mean to repent? The Greek Word is "metanoia" which simply means to change your mind about sin or to depart from evil.

Repentance is essentially a new attitude about the way I conduct my life. I don't expect perfection while remaining in this mortal body -- but a lifestyle of repentance means that I choose to live my life set apart unto the Lord, in communion with His Holy Spirit who lives in me, constantly turning away from and/or confessing my sins. Repentance does not involve rehearsing guilt, regret, or sins of the past, because true repentance and confession removes those from our conscience and the Lord declares them to be as far as the east is from the west!  

Elaine, choose the highway of the upright and speed your way through life's journey to the Kingdom of Heaven which awaits you. The enemy would love to sidetrack or distract you with the enticement of sin -- but even if he succeeds temporarily, you can always repent -- and speedily, get back on the right road --the highway of the upright., let's ask the Lord to help us become disciplined in this area today. There's so much work to be done!

(Currently in Nevada. We will be speaking in Nevada this weekend.)

Editor's Note: Our preliminary schedule is now online -- we'll be adding speaking engagements as they become finalized. We're still looking to fill up every day of the week, so if you have a small group, Bible study, Congregation, Fellowship, or Church and you'd like to have the Whittens come and share, please send an email as soon as possible to george [@] worthyemail.com.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 04 Feb 2015, 8:51 am

Elaine, become spiritually disciplined!

1 Peter 4:7 But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.

A foreign soldier was brought before his commanding officer and accused of communicating with the enemy. He had been seen emerging from an area where their troops were known to patrol. The poor man summed up his defense in a few words, stating that he had slipped away to spend an hour alone in prayer. "Have you been in the habit of spending an hour in private prayer?" demanded the officer. "Yes, Sir," he replied. "Well" said his commander, "never in your life have you been in more need of prayer than right now. Kneel down and pray aloud so that we all may hear you."

Expecting cruel punishment, maybe even death, the soldier dropped to his knees and poured out his heart to God. His prayer revealed a deep intimacy with God. His earnest fluency, humble appeal for divine intervention, and very evident trust in one who was strong to deliver, told without a doubt that he came regularly to the throne of grace.

"You are free to go," said the officer. "No one could have prayed that way without a long apprenticeship -- soldiers who never attend drill are always ill at ease for the review."

I heard a statistic not long ago, that the average Christian only spends about seven minutes a day in prayer. We need to practice prayer in our lives that we may be able to endure when trials come our way and stand strong against the enemy and his tactics! 

Elaine, let's ask the Lord to help us become disciplined in this area today. There's so much work to be done!

(Currently in Tuscon. We will be speaking in Arizona and Nevada this week.)

Editor's Note: Our preliminary schedule is now online -- we'll be adding speaking engagements as they become finalized. We're still looking to fill up every day of the week, so if you have a small group, Bible study, Congregation, Fellowship, or Church and you'd like to have the Whittens come and share, please send an email as soon as possible to george [@] worthyemail.com.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 03 Feb 2015, 11:34 pm

Elaine, it's time for the blossoming! 

Isaiah 35:1-2 The wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose. It shall blossom abundantly, and rejoice even with joy and singing: the glory of Lebanon shall be given unto it, the excellency of Carmel and Sharon, they shall see the glory of the LORD, and the excellency of our God.

One thing I absolutely love about Israel is that fruit grows everywhere in abundance. Delicious citrus fruit, mango, pomegranate, grapes, cactus fruit, avocado -- and much much more! It's common to see people people pick and eat it as they walk by. And it doesn't taste like your average western fruit either. It seems to be especially sweet. It must be because God has blessed the land it's grown upon!

Tomorrow marks the Jewish holiday of Tu B' Shvat and the beginning of the new year for trees. It is customary to plant trees and partake of the fruits of the Land to commemorate the occasion. God has declared that fruit shall blossom from the desert of our dry land here in Israel and boy, has it ever!

I love this passage. It reminds me that even the dry desert areas in our lives can come to life! The Lord declares that He will restore the years the locusts have eaten! No matter how desolate we've been, this is the time to blossom! 

Elaine, our lives are meant to flourish in the Lord! Let's ask Him to touch us in a special way this season. May we spring to life and blossom abundantly. May that which was once dead spring to life and may everyone around us may see the evidence of the glory of God!

(Currently in Phoenix. We will be speaking in Arizona and Nevada this week.)

Editor's Note: If you'd like to get a copy of our family newsletter, please send george [@] worthyemail.com an email. 

Editor's Note: Our preliminary schedule is now online -- we'll be adding speaking engagements as they become finalized. We're still looking to fill up every day of the week, so if you have a small group, Bible study, Congregation, Fellowship, or Church and you'd like to have the Whittens come and share, please send an email as soon as possible to george [@] worthyemail.com.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 02 Feb 2015, 10:24 am

Elaine, are you thirsty?

Isaiah 43:19 Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.

The Hebrew word for a dried up river bed is "Nachal". Israel has many of these. In Israel it rains in winter, but not in summer. In the summer, these places stand as a testament of the rains that once fell and of the rains yet to come. Then, when they do come, the Nechalim (nachal plural) almost instantly fill with water. This is what the Scripture means when it says, "I will give you rivers in the desert." There is a promise in that for us.

We, like the Nachal, were made to flow with the water and the life of the Spirit of God. When we are not connected to God, to His flowing waters, we feel dry and empty -- without purpose. But we were meant to be overflowing! Maybe you are feeling dry and empty in your life and walk? Praise the Lord! What an opportunity to allow God to fill you with His rivers of living water! 

Elaine, if you're dry and thirsty, turn to the Lord today and the waters will flood in again! 

(Currently in Phoenix. We will be speaking in Arizona and Nevada this week.)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 30 Jan 2015, 4:47 pm

Elaine, shock your enemies! 

Romans 12:20-21 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Between the years 1861-1865 the United States found itself in the midst of a bitter civil war over the issue of slavery, and several other serious disagreements. By the time the North won the war nearly 620,000 soldiers had perished. There were many in the North who were so embittered that the South had dragged them into such a deadly conflict that they wanted the South to pay dearly.

At the end of the war, a group of Southerners gained an audience with President Abraham Lincoln. His gentle, kind and friendly personality quickly softened the hearts of his once-hardened foes and the Southerners left the interview with a deep respect for the man who had been their bitter enemy. Not long afterward, a northern congressman criticized Lincoln for "befriending the enemy!" He suggested that he should have had them shot for being traitors instead of welcoming them! 

I love Lincoln's response. He said, simply , "Am I not destroying my enemies by making them my friends?"

Elaine, if you're serving the Lord –- you can expect your share of enemies. Don't let a root of bitterness grow up because of them –- but rather, seek to win them over with gentleness, kindness, and even love. Show your enemies the Lord's grace and His peace through your Spirit-controlled response...and in so doing, you'll "heap coals" upon their heads! Satan wants to provoke you through their hatred and opposition. Don't let him! Instead, shock your enemies –- not with angry retaliation...but with Spirit empowered LOVE! Win them over; with so much work to be done, we need all the help we can get. 

(Currently in New Mexico. We will be speaking in New Mexico and Arizona this week.)

Elaine, bloom where you're planted!

2 Corinthians 10:12b but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

An ancient legend tells of a king who walked into his garden one day to find almost everything withered and dying. After speaking to an oak near the gate, the king learned that he was troubled because he was not tall and beautiful like the pine. The pine overheard their conversation and added that she, too, was upset, for she could not bear delicious fruit like the pear tree. The pear tree heard his name and began to complain that he did not have the lovely odor of the spruce. And so it went throughout the entire garden.

Near the very edge of the garden grew a little daisy. As the king approached, he noticed her bright little face, full of life. "Well, little flower," said the monarch, "I'm glad to find that there is at least one happy face in my garden."

"Oh king," she said, "I know I'm little, and not many people notice me, but one day I realized that you ifplanted me here, you must have had a good reason. So, your majesty, I've determined to be the best little flower I can be!"

Our King has planted a beautiful garden. Not one of us is greater than the next. It is his His perfection.

We must come to a place where we trust that God has a reason for creating us the way He has and hasplanted us in just the place he desired. Comparing ourselves with one another will only make us wither. When we become satisfied in His creation (that is us), that's when we'll find true happiness".. and we will shine. 

Elaine, let's give God our all our disappointments and be determined to be the best that we can be for Him!

(Currently in Arizona. We will be speaking in Arizona this weekend.)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 27 Jan 2015, 8:37 am

Elaine, be filled with the Hope of His Return!

Hosea 3:4-5 For the children of Israel shall abide many days without a king, and without a prince, and without a sacrifice, and without an image, and without an ephod, and without teraphim: Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the LORD their God, and David their king; and shall fear the LORD and his goodness in the latter days.

A prayer frequently heard at the conclusion of Orthodox Jewish services is "Ani Ma'amin" translated, "I believe." The full prayer is. "I believe with perfect faith in the coming of the Mashiach; and even though he may tarry, nevertheless, I wait each day for his coming."

We know that Messiah Yeshua (Jesus) did not meet the expectations of the Pharisees at His first coming because they were jealous of Him and focused on a victorious king, "Mashiach ben David", one who would rule on the throne of David, bring judgment to the wicked and restore the Temple and the Kingdom to Israel. So, to this day, Orthodox Jews anxiously await Messiah's arrival, believing he could come at any time.

Now this important prophecy in Hosea, often overlooked, speaks of a period of time for many days when Israel would be without a King, or Prince, or a sacrifice, or other religious articles -- but that in the latter days (the Hebrew literally means "the End of Days") the nation will return, and seek the Lord and the Messiah -- specifically "Mashiach ben David" -- the Messiah Son of David. This time period began with the destruction of the Temple in 70 AD and continues to the present.

But even having missed the first coming of the true Messiah, still the Jewish people nourish a continuing hope and expectation for His coming, which is included regularly in their liturgy. Enduring exile and persecution over many generations they have continued in the unwavering hope of his coming. 

Elaine, in light of this example of persevering hope among the Jewish people, how much more expectant and hopeful ought we to be who already truly know Him who is coming again for us...and for them? He who was resurrected from the dead -- Yeshua, the "hope of glory"! As the earth continues to groan, and so do we, let's keep our focus where it really belongs. He is coming soon. Even so, Come Lord Jesus!

(Currently in Texas. We will be speaking in New Mexico and Arizona this week.)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 26 Jan 2015, 11:39 am

Elaine, a priceless gem is being formed -- IN YOU!

1 Peter 4:12-13 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

We've been receiving dozens of emails lately from people who are really feeling the pressure, and who have expressed gratitude and appreciation for our devotions over the last few days. Reading through some of the replies, my initial thought was – wow, God is creating some magnificent diamonds!

A diamond is the hardest natural substance known, having been created by intense heat and pressure. I'm seeing believers becoming like diamonds, created the only way possible, through fiery trials...and then, the final precision sculpting by the Master Jeweler as He cuts them intopriceless gems. I believe this is not just a metaphor, but a true "last days" vision, for, as these diamonds are prepared, and as the light of Yeshua begins beaming through them, I'm seeing thousands of rays of light impacting this darkening world around us...all for His glory!

Elaine, don't despise the discipline, the intense pressure you are currently under, the testing of your faith. Rather, as hard as it can be, try to embrace them in light of what they truly are -- the very method of God's forming you into a priceless diamond for the world to see, and be amazed at the beauty of Yeshua shining bright and clear as crystal through your very life!

(Currently in Texas. We will be speaking in New Mexico and Arizona this week.)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 23 Jan 2015, 7:22 pm

Elaine, be fed and more!

Psalms 37:3 Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.

The word "verily", in this verse, is the Hebrew word “emunah” (em-oo-nah). It also means "faith" or "faithfully". When we trust in the Lord, and our trust is demonstrated by doing good, He declares that He will faithfully feed us. How will we be fed? The Hebrew word for "fed is" "roeh" (ro-eh), which also means "shepherd". Yes, the good shepherd feeds his flock who trust Him, by leading them to green pastures, andHe does it faithfully. Messiah Yeshua (Jesus) is our Chief Shepherd. We know His voice, trust him, and follow His direction, so we don't go hungry.

Elaine, we're continuing to trust in the Lord and do good; to dwell in the Land and be fed. But our deepest hunger is for the Shepherd Himself... to be nearer to Him. He feeds us, in every way. Yet His deepest longing is that we dwell with and in Him, as He said, "Abide in Me and I in you". Not only does our life depend on Him, Who is faithful, but the greater relationship He offers and desires is to be our friend, andeven our Husband. 

(Currently in Benton, Arkansas. We will be speaking in Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Texas this week.)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 22 Jan 2015, 5:53 pm

Elaine, another pearl of wisdom for you!

Matthew 13:45-46 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking fine pearls, who, when he had found one pearl of great value, went and sold all that he had and bought it.

Some time ago, we wrote about pearl harvesting as an illustration of how the Lord takes us into His "shell" like an irritating grain of sand, and over time, covers us with His beautiful covering, forming us into polished and precious gems for his glory and delight. This image of sanctification takes the metaphor in one direction: but here is another interesting thought. The beautiful pearl inside the oyster cannot be seen or enjoyed without a great price being paid. The oyster must die. It must be torn open in order to find the treasure within. This speaks to me of the original foundation and source of our beauty. Yeshua (Jesus) our Messiah had to be bruised, afflicted, torn and killed so that the beautiful treasures God intended us to be from the beginning, could be discovered and released from the darkness of sin.

Each one of us is a treasure in the Lord's sight. We are His pearls of great value for which He paid the highest price! What a great honor -- even the greatest honor -- to be called sons and daughters of the Living God! Through His sacrifice, we become holy, and obtain the beauty and glory of eternal life. 

Elaine, we so bless the Lord when we radiate the polished beauty He alone can give us. Our works shine forth before men, glorifying our Father in Heaven and preparing the way for his coming Kingdom. Let's remember who we are and walk with this beautiful radiance. There are so many people who need to see, and know Him. 

(Currently in Benton, Arkansas. We will be speaking in Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Texas this week.)

Elaine, don't neglect your hugs!

Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but encouraging one another: and all the more, as you see the day drawing near.

I heard a story about a young woman named Linda who was traveling alone up the rugged highway from Alberta to the Yukon. The first evening she found a room at a small-town Inn in the mountains and figured she'd continue her journey bright and fresh, early the next morning. But strangley, when she called down to the front desk and asked for a wakeup call at 5 AM the clerk sounded puzzled by her request.

She awoke bright and early as she intended, and suddenly realized the reason for the clerks reaction the night before. A thick fog covered the mountain tops -- it was not the kind of weather in which you'd want to take a Sunday drive. Not wanting to look foolish, however, she got her things together and went to breakfast. There, she met two friendly truck drivers and who invited her to join them. "So, where are you headed?" one of the truckers asked. "Whitehorse", Linda replied.

"You're not planning on driving that little car are you?" he said chuckling and pointing outside at the only little car among several eighteen-wheelers in the parking lot. "This pass is dangerous in weather like this!" "Well," said Linda, "I'm determined to try." "Well then -- I guess we're just going to have to hug you," the other trucker suggested. "What?!" Linda gasped, "I don't think that would be appropriate!"

"Not like that!" the two truckdrivers laughed heartily. "We'll put one truck in front of you and one in the rear. In that way, we'll get you through the mountains." All that foggy morning, Linda followed the two red dots in front of her and had the reassurance of a big escort behind as they made their way safely through the mountains.

Just as Linda did, we often feel confident that we can get by on our own, without any help from anyone else -- and before we know it, we're lost in the thick fog of the mountain of life. Rivka and I have seen so many people leave the fellowship of believers and go off on their own, becoming bitter against a brother or sister, or pastor and believing they'll be better off doing their own thing. Many of these have sadly never come back to the fold. But this is yet another way the enemy of our souls seeks to draw us away from the Lord. As brothers and sisters in the Lord, we need to be closely knit with one another, helping eachother and giving and receiving compassion and love. We need one another!

Elaine, let's get back into fellowship. Let's make it a priority to be "hugged" by our family in the Lord who know the way and can lead safely ahead of us, and strive to reach out and "hug" others by gently encouraging them along from behind!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 19 Jan 2015, 10:39 am

Elaine, are you knocking? 

1 Peter 3:12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and His ears are open to their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

I came across a short illustration that I believe will bless you.

"Teacher", said a young boy, "why is it that so many prayers are unanswered? I do not understand. The Bible says, ‘Ask, and you shall receive; seek, and you shall find; knock and the door shall be opened unto you.’ But it seems to me a great many knock and are not admitted.

The teacher answered, "Did you ever sit by your fireplace on some dark evening and hear a loud knocking at the door? Going to answer the knock, have you not sometimes looked out in the darkness, seeing nothing, but hearing the pattering feet of some mischievous boy, who knocked but did not wish to enter, and therefore ran away? It is often so with us. We ask for blessings but do not really expect them. We knock but do not mean to enter. We fear that Jesus will not hear us, will not fulfill His promises, will not admit us. And so we go way."

"Ah I see," said the boy, his eyes shining with the new light dawning in his soul. "Jesus can’t be expected to answer runaway knocks. He has never promised it. I mean to keep knocking and knocking until He can’t help opening the door." 

Elaine, let's become persistent in our prayer life and expect God to open the door!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 16 Jan 2015, 1:33 pm

Elaine, access the power from on high! 

Luke 10:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Have you ever thought about how much power God releasing in our midst right now? Is it 20%... 50%... 100% of His great power?? I would venture to say that God is not even releasing a fraction of 1% of His power today. That might sound crazy to you, but think about it. If He were to release all His power on this earth, don't you think that sin would be completely destroyed and righteousness and holiness would abound?

God is an all-powerful, all-encompassing God, and there is no limit to what He can do. He chooses to release His power through His saints -- through sinners that have been washed by the blood of the Lamb! We have access to amazing power from on high -- but we have to be open vessels, allowing the anointing of God to flow through us! 

Elaine, the power to tread upon serpents, scorpions and every power of darkness has been given to us! Let's pray like we've never prayed before! And allow the Lord to use us as vessels through which His power can be released! 

(Currently in Louisana. We will be speaking in Arkansas this weekend.)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 16 Jan 2015, 1:02 pm

Elaine, let's not underestimate our enemy! 

Luke 10:19-20 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

In 1917, the Ottoman Empire controlled the city of Aqaba which seemed impregnable to any attack. Behind the city in every direction was a vast desert, and overlooking the city's harbor were huge naval guns protecting it against any enemy attack from the sea.

But on July 6, 1917, Lawrence of Arabia bravely led a force of irregular Arab cavalry across this vast desert wasteland and swept into Aqaba from the north. In the surprise attack, Aqaba fell because its gigantic naval guns faced the wrong way and could not protect the city from the invading forces. Suddenly the Turkish hold over Palestine was broken, to be replaced by the British mandate, which eventually led to the creation of the State of Israel.

The Ottoman Empire failed to understand, and also, underestimated their enemy. As a result, the right weapons were not in place to defend themselves against any attack. 

Elaine, let's not make the same mistake the Turks made! We need to be careful not to underestimate our enemy! First, let us ask the Lord for His wisdom concerning our vulnerabilities. Then, on a daily basis, continue to equip ourselves with the weapons of our warfare. In so doing, we'll walk in victory through Him!

(Currently in Benton, Arkansas. We will be speaking in Arkansas this weekend.)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 13 Jan 2015, 4:48 pm

Elaine, ...and liberty and deliverance for all!

Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance (aphesis) to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty (aphesis) them that are bruised,

The Greek word 'aphesis' means forgiveness. But in this particular verse it’s translated as both deliverance and liberty. Isn’t it interesting that deliverance and liberty are directly tied together with forgiveness?

One of the most effective tools the enemy uses to steal our joy is unforgiveness. With just a little foothold of unforgiveness in our lives, we can easily become bound with chains of bitterness, resentment, anger and rage. If we let that foothold linger without dealing with it, eventually it will lead to our own self-destruction.

Elaine, let's not let the unrighteous actions of others toward us become a stumbling block in our walk. We have been forgiven much and in the same way, we must release those who've hurt us to the Lord. But when we release them, I think we'll find that the person we'll really be releasing is ourselves!

(Currently in Alabama. We will be speaking in Alabama and Arkansas this weekend.)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next